Jǫtunheimr: Heroic Loot Grab

Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

You found what in the ice castle?!

Pick up a heroic level item, or add 3 modifications to existing gear. Post it here for approval.

Enjoy!

Look what others are making: http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=2124
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: Jǫtunheimr: Heroic Loot Grab

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Okay, looking for GM and other players' input. I've got four options:

Silent Sandal (TW Weapon, made by Vidar the silent to kill Fenrir):
Minor: +1 Strength Rolls (Jumping, kick damage)
Minor: +1 Strength Rolls (Jumping, kick damage)
Major: Martial Arts Edge
Major: Ambidextrous Edge (Sort of—permits ‘off-hand’ attack with foot at no penalty, as an action)
Major: +1 DT Stealth
Major: +1 DT Stealth
Charge: 3 PPE to activate for 3 Rounds, does MD if 4 PPE

Gleipnir Strand (Part of rope used to bind Fenrir):
Minor: +1 Climbing
Minor: +1 Climbing
Major: Entangle
Major: Beast Friend

Gambanteinn (Magic wand):
Minor: +1 Smarts
Minor: +1 Smarts
Major: Confusion
Major: Stun

Helskor (Hel-Shoes, travel the lands of the dead):
Minor: +1 Spirit
Major: Intangibility
Major: Brawny Edge

Edit to Add:

Mimir's Flagon (Enchanted metal flagon, has a living eye and ear embedded, ostensibly Odin's and Heimdall's, respectively)
Minor: +1 Notice
Major: Divination
Major: Clairvoyance
Quirk: The Notice bonus only applies after a week of drinking from the flagon every day. Activating either Power also requires drinking from the flagon. Clairvoyance can only be used for sight and hearing.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Cantrell

Post by Cantrell »

Gonna upgrade the Red Gauntlet I picked up when the 13th blew up the Arcane Company's HQ.
Original Recipe
The Red Gauntlet
One of eight pieces of a fearsome techno-wizard war machine known as Inferno, the Blazing Iron Juggernaut, it is readily identified by the ornate "I" inscribed into the gauntlet itself. Four rubies adorn the knuckle portion. When Inferno was dismantled, the souls of its crew were forever trapped within its disparate pieces.
Red Gauntlet: Damage Str+d4; +1 Parry and considered armed; Gauntlet has 5 PPE, for 2 PPE activate blazing smite, causing a forge's fire to erupt, engulging the fist or wielded weapon in fire so hot it melts metal, burns wood, and disintegrates items; counts as smite and if damaging attack results in Shaken or a Wound roll a d6, on a 6 any material the attack hits is ruined, reducing the Armor bonus of a target's armor by 2.
Adding three abilities:
  • Power Mastery: smite
  • Power: dispel
  • Power Mastery: dispel
Included some custom trappings on the new/Mega powers, and also updated PPE total to conform with the current iteration of Enchanted Items.

New Version:

The Red Gauntlet
One of eight peices of a fearsome techno-wizard war machine known as Inferno, the Blazing Iron Juggernaut, it is readily identified by the ornate "I" inscribed into the gauntlet itself. Four rubies adorn the knuckle portion. When Inferno was dismantled, the souls of its crew were forever trapped within its disparate pieces. The gauntlet has since been upgraded with a temporal lodestone embedded on its back.
  • Damage Str+d4; +1 Parry and considered armed
  • Has 10 PPE to activate powers, which recharge at a rate of 1/hour; Powers activated with a Spirit roll
  • Blazing Smite (smite): The gauntlet erupts with a forge's fire, engulging the fist or wielded weapon in fire so hot it melts metal, burns wood, and disintegrates items; In addition to the damage bonus granted by smite, if a damaging attack results in Shaken or a Wound roll a d6, on a 6 any material the attack hits is ruined, reducing the Armor bonus of a target's armor by 2.
  • Fires of Reality (greater smite): The temporal lodestone glows white-hot, and the flames produced scour away temporal manipulations. The gauntlet or affected weapon gains the normal damage bonus from greater smite, but the Trapping is fixed: Successful attacks with the affected weapon ignore any temporal trappings affecting the target, and treat any spells affecting the target as the base version, rather than the temporal version. A phase field spell, for example, would lose its anti-Armor Piercing ability, and a target under the effects of spacial distortion would not be able to redirect failed attacks, gaining only the normal benefits of deflection.
  • Temporal Anchor (dispel and exalted dispel): The temporal lodestone disrupts alternate timelines and interrupts attempts to manipulate the prime reality. The wielder gains a +2 bonus to opposed rolls when using dispel or exalted dispel against temporal spells and items, but suffers a -2 against powers from all other traditions.
Nadya Cantrell
Tribe of One#5119
Quick Stats
Champion of Temporal Stability (Intelligent Construct)
Bennies: 2/3 +2 bonus
Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d8, Spirit d12, Strength d8 (d12+1 in armor), Vigor d12
Pace: 8 (1d8); Parry: 8 (9 with blade); Toughness: 16 (8) or 30 (18) MDC in armor
Hindrances: Coalition Exile (m) (-1 Persuasion, +1 Intimidate/Taunt if D-bees or magic users know her past), Heroic (M), Loyal (m), Vow (M): Oppose Timey-Wimey Bullshit in All Its Forms; Wanted (M): Pretty much everyone;

Common Knowledge d6, Notice d8+4, Intimidation d8+2, Persuasion d8+2

Edges and Abilities of Note:
  • Advanced Senses (Ignores 4 pts of Range penalties; ignores Illumination penalties; has thermal, infrared, radiation, motion, radar, sonar, 360-degree awareness, etc.)
  • Automated Repair Unit (Vigor roll once a day to heal a Wound; +4 vs. Bleeding Out)
  • Brave (+2 vs Fear, -2 on Fear Table)
  • Construct (+2 vs Shaken; ignore 1 pt of Wound penalties; doesn't breathe; immune to Disease and Poison; no "Golden Hour," heals with lower Occult/Spellcasting)
  • Danger Sense (Notice +2 to sense ambushes)
  • Dodge (-2 to be hit at range)
  • Elan (+2 on rerolls)
  • Iron Jaw (+2 to Soak and vs. Knockout)
  • Imp. Level Headed (Draw three cards for initiative)
  • Malfunctions (suffers Technical Difficulties)

PPE: 10/15
Current Effects: GBT (Athletics) +1d and free reroll, BT (Stealth) +1d; Doubled Pace and ignore Running penalty
Wounds:
Fatigue:
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

For greater smite, I would allow the trapping if it replaced the raise effect of greater smite.

I am find with the dispel and exalted dispel. Keep in mind the Gauntlet is TW in nature so in lui of cantrell having a arcane background I would say its arcane background is weird science. So Vs Temporal magic ( assuming non weird science) it is even, vs Weird science Temporal magic it is +2, vs any other magic or psionics it is -4.

In this case weird science and TW are the same.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:For greater smite, I would allow the trapping if it replaced the raise effect of greater smite.

I am find with the dispel and exalted dispel. Keep in mind the Gauntlet is TW in nature so in lui of cantrell having a arcane background I would say its arcane background is weird science. So Vs Temporal magic ( assuming non weird science) it is even, vs Weird science Temporal magic it is +2, vs any other magic or psionics it is -4.

In this case weird science and TW are the same.
RE: Greater smite - Losing the raise effect seems overly harsh, considering the item gives up the signature ability of greater smite, which is the ability to add any trapping on the fly. Giving up the extra 4 damage from a raise is basically a wash against phase armor -- the extra damage would power through the Armor bonus, regardless of AP not applying. Gaining no net benefit in exchange for losing that flexibility makes the power worse than having not trapping at all. That doesn't seem like a fair trade.

I'd be more willing to add +1 PPE to the cost of the power. Or if you've got another idea of how to balance it I'd be open. I was trying for something anti-temporal that was flavorful, but can always just add something simple, along the lines of extra damage/AP vs. temporal wielders or a more focused version of Arcane Interdiction.

RE: Dispel/Exalted Dispel - The gauntlet may have started TW, but it's mechanically an Enchanted Item (at least, that's what you said when Cantrell got it, and it's the only way she's able to use it, since she lacks an AB). And with the addition of the temporal lodestone, which is where the additional powers come from, the idea is that it's "tradition" becomes temporal -- that's where the -2 vs. everything other than temporal else comes from. You seem to want to stack the "other tradition" penalty on top again, which is kind of nuts. The only real benefit of the trapping is a +2 vs. temporal magic, which compared to other trapping bonuses seemed pretty tame. If it's a problem, I'd be happy to limit dispel/exalted dispel to only working against temporal powers, items and temporal casters, with the (net) +2 bonus. Temporal casters are pretty rare (and will be rarer still when Cantrell's through), so it's already far more limited than an arcane- or psionic-based item would be.
GM Bennies: 7/7
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

I see what you are saying on them. They all look good. Some folks mix their trappings right in with the mechanics of how a power works. Maybe for simplicity sake, but I just get confused as I think that they are describing the trapping. To be clear I was not wanting to layer on more penalties.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:I see what you are saying on them. They all look good. Some folks mix their trappings right in with the mechanics of how a power works. Maybe for simplicity sake, but I just get confused as I think that they are describing the trapping. To be clear I was not wanting to layer on more penalties.
Yeah, the final write-up was geared toward my character sheet, and mashes up powers and trappings. I should have broken it all out more clearly.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Belt of the Jǫtun
This awe inspiring belt was designed to allow Jǫtun to battle the lords of the ælfe. Humble knows little of the history except that the previous bearer stood against Humble in battle and lost.
When worn the bearer gains the ability to grow or shrink to whatever size needed to fight any who challenge them. The The belt grants the wearer Growth and Shrinking. Affecting the wearer and his personal items. It does not affect power armor, vehicles or things over light encumbrance. The belt has an internal store of 30 PPE that recharges at the same rate as the wearer.
OOC Comments
Build
  • Base Item: Lifting belt, prevents injuring from lifting.
    Grow/Shrink
    Major +10 PPE
    Minor +5 PPE
    Minor +5 PPE
viking_leather_belt.jpg

I am open minded to pretty much anything. But this seems like some pretty awesome awesomeness.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

I would totally go with this one if I was you.
Libertas Magicum wrote: Helskor (Hel-Shoes, travel the lands of the dead):
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Daniel
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Daniel »

*throws confetti*

Approved... everything above is approved. Those are awesome ideas. Which ever you pick.
Agents of Titan Robotics Industries (AoT)
The Agents (Players)
• Jim - Sparkmort Zipwidget: Male Tinker Gnome Power Armor Ace
• Derrick - Caiden: Male Human, Momano Headhunter
• Steve (Hans) - Berk: Male Simvan Psi-Druid Monster Tamer/Rider
• Murp - Rupetta Martin: Female Human MARS Merc Soldier (X-CS)
• Freemage - Lance: Male Dog Boy Techno-Warrior (Cyber[netic] Knight)
• CSC - Ozy “Oz”: Dragon

My Accounts:
Active
  • Daniel - Admin/GM of AoT
  • Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
  • Vi - Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers
  • Henry Grimes - CS Commando - Rumble in the Jungle

Not Active
  • Hondo - Wild Psi Stalker
  • Burn - Mega Juicer - Juicer Uprising (On Hold)
  • Blackfish - Ogre Combat Mage - 12th SET (On Hold)
  • Setrakian - Dragon Juicer - FoM Jungles (Retired)

NPC Accounts
  • Lord Coake - NPC
  • Valentine - NPC
  • Erin Tarn - NPC
  • James T - NPC
  • Hagen Lonovich - NPC

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

RFT wrote:Belt of the Jǫtun
This awe inspiring belt was designed to allow Jǫtun to battle the lords of the ælfe. Humble knows little of the history except that the previous bearer stood against Humble in battle and lost.
When worn the bearer gains the ability to grow or shrink to whatever size needed to fight any who challenge them. The The belt grants the wearer Growth and Shrinking. Affecting the wearer and his personal items. It does not affect power armor, vehicles or things over light encumbrance. The belt has an internal store of 30 PPE that recharges at the same rate as the wearer.
OOC Comments
Build
    Grow/Shrink
    Major +10 PPE
    Minor +5 PPE
    Minor +5 PPE
viking_leather_belt.jpg

I am open minded to pretty much anything. But this seems like some pretty awesome awesomeness.
Rob: I may be wrong here, but I think that with Enchanted Items, the wielder having Master of Magic doesn't get you access to the Mega version of the spell -- you need Power Mastery for each one -- because unlike a TW item, you don't use your own PP/Edges to activate them. Again, I may be wrong, but it that's the case, you probably want to swap the +10 PPE for Power Mastery, cause being able to retain Strength and Toughness when small would be pretty awesome.

EDIT: Would love to hear from Soren/Pender/VV, etc. who may have a different/better understanding of what was intended.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

FAQ from Clint has confirmed it does. Simply put if you have Master of Magic and have access to the power from TW, enchanted stick, or personal power you get the mega.

But mostly I only care about growth. I plan to use that 30 PPE to make sure that Humble is always the strongest fellow on the scene. I do not know that shrinking will ever come into play and would even take the item without the shrinking. With 30 PPE he can grow to Size +8 giving him +5 strength and toughness and stay there a nice long time.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Tribe of One wrote:
OOC Comments
Build
    Grow/Shrink
    Major +10 PPE
    Minor +5 PPE
    Minor +5 PPE
viking_leather_belt.jpg

Rob: I may be wrong here, but I think that with Enchanted Items, the wielder having Master of Magic doesn't get you access to the Mega version of the spell -- you need Power Mastery for each one -- because unlike a TW item, you don't use your own PP/Edges to activate them. Again, I may be wrong, but it that's the case, you probably want to swap the +10 PPE for Power Mastery, cause being able to retain Strength and Toughness when small would be pretty awesome.

EDIT: Would love to hear from Soren/Pender/VV, etc. who may have a different/better understanding of what was intended.
Power mastery just helps those with those that do not have access to master. Weilder having master gets the mega version. You can use your own PPE/ISP as well as the items to fuel it.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Tribe of One wrote:
OOC Comments
Build
    Grow/Shrink
    Major +10 PPE
    Minor +5 PPE
    Minor +5 PPE
viking_leather_belt.jpg

Power mastery just helps those with those that do not have access to master. Weilder having master gets the mega version. You can use your own PPE/ISP as well as the items to fuel it.
Ah, okay. That was not my understanding of how our Enchanted Item house rules work, on either count. Certainly makes them more useful for casters.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

for sure man, we are not going to hose casters. That would be crazy. :D
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

OOC Comments
Build
    Grow/Shrink
    Major +10 PPE
    Minor +5 PPE
    Minor +5 PPE
viking_leather_belt.jpg

Okay, the one thing confounding me is the "30 PPE". Growth/Shrink is one Power, which gets you 5 PPE, and then it's got another 20 from mods, so it comes to 25 PPE.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Enchanted Items have been retconning to give a base of 10 PPE, but you don't get extra automatically when adding additional powers.
Freemage
Savage Senior

Post by Freemage »

Tribe of One wrote:Enchanted Items have been retconning to give a base of 10 PPE, but you don't get extra automatically when adding additional powers.
Ah, right, I'd forgotten that. Okay, yeah, that's a 30 PPE total, then.
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
  • EJ 2/2
    Thoomba 0/2
    Khem 2/2
PCs, 8 Active Slots, 3 Signature Items
*Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
*Ophelia Monk, Mercy Team 6
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Mille Visage, Northern Gun Mercs
*Charon, Black Company
*Hero, Lost Jungle/TL

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC (Frozen)
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West (Retired)
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited (Frozen)
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless (Frozen?)
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Could be I just make up crazy crap and no one knows.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Libertas Magicum
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Libertas Magicum »

Okay, going with the Helskor:

Helskor:
Libertas found these hanging on a tree in Cira's Castle. He took the one pair that seemed like it would fit, and they do. These are Helskor, shoes meant to protect the soul as it travels the lands of the dead. It is said that a soul without Hel-Shoes will become lost and eventually end up in Helheim, the land of the despairing dead.
Libertas Magicorum
OOC Comments
Presci Techno-Wizard (Appears Human)
Active effects: none
Parry: 6; Pace: 8/d6; Toughness: 13 (6) [Triax Mechanic]
Charisma: 0 (-1 if Kleptomania known; +2 if Comm Band is active)
Edges: Danger Sense, Quick, Level-Headed, Dodge, Imp. Rapid Recharge, Arcane Marksman, Linguist
Additional Edges: Brawny (Helskor); Thief (Cloak); Assassin (Cloak)
Hindrances: Bad Eyes (Glasses), Hard of Hearing, Overconfident, Minor Greedy, Minor Habit: Klepto, Stubborn, Vulnerability: Silver, Enemy: Major (Zee Hail)
Gizmos: Healing, Boost/Lower Trait, Fly, Summon Ally, Pummel, Quickness
Gear Powers: Invisibility, Fear, Puppet, Greater Healing, Greater Armor (lasers/electric only); Intangibility
Arcane Machinist Remaining: 6/6
  • Active Arc. Mach. Devices (Remaining PPE):
PPE: 30/30 + 10 (Staff)
Bennies: 2/2

• Q2/19 Adventure Cards:
    Seize the Day - The character acts as if he had drawn a Joker this combat round.
    Lucky Break - Play this card to completely negate the damage from one attack.
    Mechanical Malfunction - A device malfunctions in some way: guns jam, bow strings break, etc. The device can be fixed by a Repair roll at -4 and 10 minutes work.
    Epiphany - Something you never understood before suddenly “clicks.” You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
Jitters

Post by Jitters »

I honestly don't think Jitters really needs any more toys (unless they make him go faster :D ), but I have been thinking about upgrading Vibe and/or Paul Bunyan... Just need to figure out what can be done to them. I'm guessing I can get either one re-balanced (+x to Fighting), the blades can get sharpened (+x to damage), or I can get cross guards (+x to Parry) are all options I can take, but I want to know what else can be affected as well.
Jitters
Jitters
Pace: 16; Parry: 11; Toughness: 22 (11); Strain: 1(?)

Weapon in Hand: Chain Longsword (Str+2d8 MD, AP 2, 15 lbs., aka Paul Bunyan), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Vibe), Vibro-Sword (Str+d10 MD, AP 4, 9 lb, aka Rator)
Wilk's 237 Laser Pistol (15/30/60, 2d6+1 dmg, RoF 1, AP 2, 16 shots, 3 lbs, Semi-Auto)
JA-11 Energy Rifle (30/60/120, 3d6, RoF 1, AP 2, Shots 60, 7 lbs, Special)
  • As an action, switch to Ion Beam (12/24/48, 1-3d6+1, RoF 1, 0 AP, 10 Shots), or have laser do Mega-Damage (uses 10x the ammo and applies snap fire penalty). Integrated scope offsets up to either -2 points of penalties due to range or lighting (or the lack there of).
Armor Worn: C&S Crusader Heavy Combat Armor (+11 Armor, + 2 Toughness, +1 Pace, d10 Str min, 24 lbs), Tough Clothes (+1 Toughness), Bandito Arms Branaghan Overcoat (+1 Toughness)
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 3 Red 5 Regular

Encumberance: 56 lbs/84 lbs

Alts: Pvt. Logan Wright, CS Fightin' Joes
Temp Stats
none
Adventure Card
Contact
Your hero sees an old friend or acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.
Enemy
Play at the beginning of the game session. A villain of the GM's choice becomes your character's sworn enemy and you may not soak wounds caused directly by him. Starting Now, you draw an extra Adventure Card each game session until the enemy is "retired".
Better You Than Me
Play when your hero has been hit by an attack and there is an adjacent character. The other character suffers the attack instead. This may be played on friend or foe.
Maximilian
Silver Patron
Silver Patron

Post by Maximilian »

Max:

Berserker's Plate - Enchanted Armor
Base item: Gladius Light Exoskeleton Battle Armor
Major: Add Edge - Frenzy
Major: Add Edge - Improved Frenzy
Minor: Half weight
Minor: Add +2 Armor

Bizarro Alex:

Odin's Eyepatch
Base item: eyepatch
Major: Add Edge - Killer Instinct
Major: Add Edge - Danger Sense
Maximilian
Maximilian character sheet
Alex - Allied Extra character sheet
Bennies: 5 (+1 omission from debrief, +1 roommate interlude, -1 EE search for wand, +1 no armor, -1 soak, -1 EE resist fear, -1 EE shooting, +1 showering, +1 RP lunch area, +1 intercepted radio, -1 reroll Piloting, +1 Mikey Danger)
Wounds / Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 7
Toughness: 22 (9) (Enchanted Berserker Plate Armor, Tough Breed)
Pace: 6/8 in armor
Edges: Robot Armor Jock, Ace, Combat Ace, Ambidextrous, Quick, Level Headed, Improved Level Headed, Charismatic, I Know A Guy, Elan, Battle Hardened
Weapon in hand: none
Weapon in holster: Vibroswords (2)
Wilk's 227 Pulse Laser
  • Range: 18/36/72
    Damage 2d6+1, AP 2
    ROF 2, Payload 24, Semi auto, 3RB
2 spare e-clips
Standard out-of-robot gear from NG-S2: flashlight, compass, radio, first aid kit, fire starter, wooden cross, 1 flare, 30 feet rope
Adventure Cards
  • Epiphany: Something you never understood before suddenly "clicks." You gain a d6 in any skill you previously did not have for the remainder of this game session.
    Boom! Head Shot: You may ignore any Called Shot penalties on your next ranged attack.
    Rally: Play to cause all allies in sight/hearing to immediately lose their Shaken status.
Titan TR-001 Combat Robot
Size: 8
Crew: 1+2
Toughness: 44 (22)
Pace: 10
Weapons:
  • Medium Rail Gun
    • Range: 100/200/400
      Damage: 3d10+4, AP 14
      ROF 3, shots 60
    Medium Missile Launchers (2)
    • Range: 200/400/800