Wichita Earl Dempsey - Human Psi-Slinger

Post by Berkyn of Celik »

OOC Comments
Fortune and Glory: [dice]0[/dice] Smart and Learned
Fortune and Glory: [dice]1[/dice]
Fortune and Glory: [dice]2[/dice] A Strong Suit of Armor
Reroll Duplicate Fortune and Glory: [dice]3[/dice]
You gotta be kidding me Fortune and Glory: [dice]4[/dice] Agile and Dexterous
Hero's Journey Training [dice]5[/dice] Woodsmen Edge and 1 die in Survival and Tracking
Hero's Journey Training [dice]6[/dice] Spend 3 EP to Blow on Dice and gain Master Psionic Edge
Hero's Journey Underworld and Black Ops [dice]7[/dice] +3 skill points in Climbing, Lockpicking, or Stealth and Thief Edge
Narrative Hook [dice]8[/dice] +Siege on Tolkeen
Credits [dice]9[/dice]x100=700
Player Name: Mike
Google Handle: mjhusband
Character Name: Wichita Earl Dempsey
Race: Human
M.A.R.S. Package: Psi-Slinger
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d8), Vigor d8
Charisma: 0; Pace: 6 d6; Parry: 5 (6); Toughness: 15 (7); Strain: 0 ; Bennies: 3
Skills:
  • Climbing d4+2
  • Fighting d6
  • Intimidation d6+2
  • Lockpicking d4+2
  • Notice d8 (+2 to Notice traps)
  • Persuasion d4
  • Psionics d8
  • Repair d4
  • Riding d6
  • Shooting d8+2
  • Stealth d6+2
  • Streetwise d6+2
  • Survival d6+2
  • Taunt d6+2
  • Tracking d6+2

Hindrances
  • Hindrance (Major): Wanted: Deserted Coalition during Siege on Tolkeen
  • Hindrance (Major): Code of Honor: Won’t endanger those who are defenseless
  • Hindrance (Minor): Cautious: He has developed a reputation and is a wanted man.
  • Hindrance (Minor): Stubborn: Will not back down from a challenge.
Edges
  • Edge: Arcane Background: Pisonics, Psi-Slinger
  • Edge: Major Psionic
  • Edge: Master Psionic
  • Edge: Quick
  • Edge: Woodsman
  • Edge: Thief
  • Edge: Hip Shooting
  • Edge: Power Points
  • Edge: Quick Draw
  • Edge: Strong Willed
  • Edge: Power Points
  • Edge: Speed Load

Powers 40 ISP
  • Boost Trait//Greater Boost Trait Cost 2/4 (Trapping: Ectoplasmic Form: Tendrils of Ectoplasm manifest according to the trait being boosted or lowered and have a spectral appearance. Free Test of Wills (Intimidate vs Spirit) against one target who can see the ectoplasmic form. This has the normal effects )
  • Lower Trait//Greater Lower Trait Cost 2/4 (Trapping: Bio-Manipulation - Paralysis: This trapping can literally paralyze its victim, leaving them aware but unable to do anything. This trapping replaces the raise effect of the Power. On a raise, the victim must also roll Vigor or be incapacitated by being paralyzed. Unlike a normal incapacitation, they are locked rigidly in place, cannot move, take any action, and are considered helpless. Each subsequent round, the victim may roll Vigor to revive to Shaken. )
  • Smite//Greater Smite 2/4 (Trappings: Telekinetic Armor Piercing for Normal Version, Any for Greater)
  • Telekinesis // Exalted Telekinesis (Trapping: Aura: A Psi-Slinger’s use of Telekinesis is impressive to behold, minor items and debris swirl around the shootist. This surrounds him with a field of sharp and slicing telekinetic force, and as a replacement for a raise, the shootist gains the effect of the damage field power that causes 2d4 damage.)

Psi-Slinger M.A.R.S. package
  • Smite and Boost Trait as free action
  • Can use Psionics in place of Shooting when using Telekinesis
Last edited by Berkyn of Celik on Sat May 19, 2018 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bennys: 2/3
Pace: 6 Parry 6 Toughness 5
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 1/2
Berkyn of Celik

Re: Wichita Earl Dempsey

Earl squinted at the western horizon as the sun dipped behind the distant mountains. Eleanor pawed at the dusty earth a few yards away as if indicating to Earl to get on with it. Instead, the psi-slinger squatted down next to a writhing man, obviously in a tremendous amount of pain. Three other figures also lay in the dust unmoving.

“Your shot through the guts, son. Doesn’t look like that armor of yours did much good.”

“Gurgle...ooohh...uhhh...gurgle.”

“Shhh. I know it must hurt an awful lot, but you and your pals should have thought twice about botherin’ those Cactus People.”

“Ugh..”

“No. i don’t rightly care what gang you are part of. I heard it all before. In fact, I used to be like you.

Earl shrugged off one arm of his coat to show the man his shoulder.

“That’s right, that’s a CS Ranger tab. I served in the War against Tolkeen. ‘I’ve fought in three all out large scale battles. In seven pitched firefights. In countless mage hunter killer missions and D-Bee encounters always ending with violence. In desperate defense of my life or others and bloody actions of every kind. I’ve fought in the streets, people’s homes, out in the wilderness with no witnesses, dead of night or broad daylight. I’ve been fighting all my life. I’ve known little else. I’ve seen D-Bees killed for a word, for a look, for nothing at all. A woman tried to stab me for killing her husband, and I threw her out of a fourth floor window. And that’s far from the worst of it. Life used to be cheap as dirt to me. Cheaper.

Earl spit on the dust.

‘I’ve fought and fought and won every fight, but I fought on the wrong side and for all the wrong reasons. I’ve been ruthless, and brutal, and a coward. I’ve stabbed D-Bees and men in the back, burned them, shot them, stomped them with my boots, killed them in their sleep, unarmed, or running away. I’ve run myself more than once. I’ve pissed myself with fear. I’ve begged for my life. I’ve been wounded, often, and badly, and screamed and cried like a baby. I’ve no doubt the world would be a better place if I’d been killed, but I haven’t been, and I don’t know why. There are few with more blood on their hands than me. The Reaper they called me, my enemies, and there’s a lot of ‘em. Always more enemies and fewer friends. Blood gets you nothing but more blood. It follows me now, always like my shadow, even though I don’t go by that name anymore. I can never be free of it and I should never be free of it. I earned it and I deserve it. I sought it out and it’s my punishment.

“But I saw some shit in that war that made me think twice. See, mages, D-Bees, they bleed the same color, at least most of ‘em, we all do and like those Cactus People, they are just trying to make it in this world like everyone else. Maybe by helpin’ them and others like ‘em I can change. Now I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is…I’m still a killer. But I'm trying, son. I'm trying real hard to be different.”

Earl sighed and paused, wondering why he was going on like this.

“I don’t know why I am even tellin’ you this...Shit...you done and died…”

Berkyn of Celik

Gear

Combat Mage Armor (Converted CA-2 with Cowboy Hat and Duster)
  • +1 Toughness, +7(3) Armor, Fully Environmental, darksight and farsight powers, +2 to ranged attacks, does not require charging on ley line otherwise 1 ISP per hour, 9 (36) lbs.
Branaghan Armored Load-Bearing Duster

TK Revolver (1851 Conversion)
  • 2d6+2 Damage, , 12/24/48, AP 4, 6 shots, 4 lbs., Rapid Attack, 2 ISP to load, +2 ISP for Mega Damage
TK Revolver (1860 Conversion)
  • 2d6+2 Damage, , 12/24/48, AP 4, 6 shots, 4 lbs., Rapid Attack, 3 ISP to load, +2 ISP for Mega Damage, Increase the extra damage die acquired from a raise on a hit to a d8, and a raise on this power increases that extra damage die to a d10! Note this only works on the supernatural evil

Vibro Knife (1851 Conversion)
  • Str+1d6 Mega Damage, AP 4, 2 lbs.

NG Equalizer

Bandito 'Walker' Revolver
Bandito 'Magnum' Revolver
Range: 12/24/32 (+50% Range Major Upgrade, +10000 credits)
Damage: 3d6+4 Mega Damage or 1-3d6 (+2 to Shooting) or 2d10, AP: 2 (+2 AP Minor Upgrade, +5000 credits)
ROF: 1, Revolver
Shots: 6 (+50% Shot Capacity Major Upgrade, +10000 credits)
Weight: 4 lbs.
Cost: 62,000 credits
Notes: Uses the BigBore "Revolver" Round, BigBore Knockdown, Intimidating Weapon, Min Str d6 (Minor Upgrade: Reduce Strength by 1 die type, +5000 credits)
Major Upgrade: Steady Shot Aim Assist: Microsensors in the weapon eliminate excessive gun motion, centering the gun in relation to the grip, allowing for greater accuracy while on the move. The wielder gains the benefits of the Steady Hands Edge as it applies to this gun only, including shooting while running and shooting from moving vehicles. (+20,000 credits)

Wilk’s 157 Judgement Day (Winchester 1873)
  • 3d6+2 Damage, 40/80/160, AP 2, ROF 3, 36 shots, 6 lbs., Semi-Auto

NG-S2 Survival Pack 30 lbs.

‘Eleanor’: Bandito Arms RH-1002B Robot Riding Horse: Mustang
Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+2, Vigor d8
Skills: Fighting d4, Notice d8+2, Survival d6
Pace: 12 (Acc/TS 10/50); Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8)
Special Abilities
All-Terrain: Ignores penalties for rough terrain, and each inch counts as 1.5” instead of 2”
Armor +8: High strength alloy, M.D.C.
Handling: Riders gain +2 on all Riding checks.
Kick: Str, Mega Damage.
Sensor Suite: Power Armor sensors and communication, including 360 radar, thermal imaging, night vision, HUD, and +2 to Notice checks.
Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Robots suffer +4 damage from electrical attacks.
Nuclear Power Pack - Robot does not need to be recharged for 15 years
Size +2: Based on the mustangs of old, these robot horses are of a strong, compact model.
Travel Speed: Use the Acc/TS for overland speeds; use pace for combat

Credits: 700
Last edited by Berkyn of Celik on Sat May 19, 2018 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Berkyn of Celik

Advances
  • Initial Advances: (From Hindrances and Human Racial Benefit): +1 Sprit Die, Hip Shooting, +10 Power Points
  • Novice 1 Advance: Quick Draw
  • Novice 2 Advance: Strong Willed
  • Novice 3 Advance: Speed Load
  • Seasoned 1 Advance: +10 Power Points
  • Seasoned 2 Advance: +1 die Vigor Site Award
  • Seasoned 3 Advance:
  • Seasoned 4 Advance:
  • Veteran 1 Advance:
  • Veteran 2 Advance:
  • Veteran 3 Advance:
  • Veteran 4 Advance:
  • Heroic 1 Advance: