Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post Reply
User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by KahlessNestor » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 am

Date: September 19, 109 PA
Time: 0600
Weather: Temperature normal for season (warm); no wind, no rain
Location: New Alamo
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Normal
  • Visibility: NA
Round 0

***

The first light of dawn arrived with the heroes of the 101st standing amidst a field of blood and gore. Fires ignited around them -- and on their armor -- as the remnants of the vampires were touched by sunlight, nothing dangerous, just some acrid smoke, and Ashley was able to keep it in check easily.

The citizens and refugees of New Alamo, lead by what remained of the old and young cyber-knights and Magdalenas, came out to the drawbridge. The shattered gates lay in the moat, and a cool autumn haze rose from the water as the citizens cheered the heroes.

Nara approached Charlemagne and held out a small holo-comm. “This was in that woman vampire’s armor,” she said.

There was a recorded message saved on the device. When activated, the figure of a rail thin, pale skinned man in black robes appeared. One eye was human, but the other was slitted and a sickly green color, almost demonic. One hand also was larger than the other, slimy green skin and wicked claws. His voice was cool, cultured, as he spoke.

“Lord Soldad, I am Count Atrocles of the True Federation of Magic. My Lord Dunscon has graced me with the task to extend our influence beyond the confines of the Federation, to create new outposts in the west in an effort to surround the Coalition on all sides that we might squeeze them. I wish to extend to you an invitation to my fortress for a parley about how we might best utilize our forces. As a token of friendship, I offer to you this bit of intelligence. A former associate of mine from Tolkeen, the Lady Geist, is planning an offensive against the town of Gloom. My divinations have indicated that she will fail spectacularly, but only because those arrayed against her have called in all the forces they can muster. That includes the defenders of New Alamo, that mighty thorn in the side of your burgeoning influence in the Pecos Empire. If you strike now, you can cut those do gooders out like a cancer before their forces return, raze their city to the ground, and mount the heads of their families and loved ones on pikes when they return victorious.”

Count Atrocles smiled cruelly. “I give to you the Duchesne twins. They will lead you to my refuge should you agree to meet, and will be effective battle leaders for your hordes of wild vampires against New Alamo. For now, I bid you good hunting and hope to see you soon.”

He gave a courtly bow and the message ended.

***

It took another week for the forces of New Alamo to return. In that time, the gates needed to be repaired and defenses restored, the ruins of Whiskey Pete’s trailer hauled from the moat. He still had some stores in the back of his Big Boss, though, which he was more than willing to share with the inhabitants of New Alamo to celebrate the return. During the festivities, the 101st were seated on the high table with the leaders of New Alamo, the Magdalenas, and the Cyber-Knights.
Instructions
  • Feel free to continue RPing, or RP something during the festivities.
  • If you write something your character knows about Count Atrocles (whether true or not), take a Benny.
  • Write an Interlude about something in your past, perhaps triggered by events in the battle, or in the celebrations that followed, or however the tale comes to mind. You can use the standard table if you need inspiration. Roll 1d4. Then take 1 XP.
    • 1 - Tragedy: Describe a tale of tragedy or misfortune from your hero’s past, featuring one of his Hindrances if possible. If the teller has a dark secret of some kind, hint strongly at it, drop clues, or otherwise give the rest of the group a glimpse into your hero’s dark side during your narrative.
    • 2 - Victory: Tell the group about a great victory or personal triumph in your adventurer’s past. How did it affect him afterward? Was there a reward?
    • 3 - Love: Speak fondly of the character’s greatest love—lost, found, or waiting on him back home. What is her name? Where does she live? Why is the traveler not with her now?
    • 4 - Desire: Tell a tale about something your hero wants (or already has). It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.
  • Decide as a team how long you want to stay in New Alamo before heading home to Fort Hope (at least 1 week until the New Alamo forces return).
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Thomas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:51 am

“Hey chucky, if we are not in a hurry, a couple days could be real useful for me. I would like to ensure each of these refugees has a Sun stone. I may not be a fools forgotten warrior. But I can do this to help them out. The problem is, to do what I need to, we have to go to the ley line and for that I will need protection. Can you possibly spare someone to send with me to help these refugees?”

“Also, I am thinking Mind Control does not normally last long enough for all that Peet was doing. You should consider he may be a Renfield. A sort of willing Ghoul working for the vampires.”

As the video gets shared Thomas hisses a bit under his breath. “Damit, Count Atrocles is bad news. He works directly with people who work with Duscan himself. My sister and he had dealings and he even helped her when it came time for taking over our family. This guy is cunning, like a whole nother level of cunning. He will not give you the honor of a stand up fight the way you like Chucky, but will use innocents, pawns and others to screw with you. I suggest turning this video over to Refuge and forgetting we ever saw it.”

“The last thing I think we need is him looking into your particularly easy to exploit weaknesses... err I mean.” Ducking his head a little sheepishly Thomas fails to cover his words as well as should be expected. “I mean, your strength of character could lead to many innocent people killed as pawns and i would hate to see that.”


OOC Comments
Interlude coming later
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 1

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Karsk » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Karsk looked around at the city and did not care to stay inside much longer. There were no hearts to eat, only a lot of dust and the urge to taste dragon flesh.

"Karsk will take Thomas out." he volunteers, not making it clear if he means to escort the mage or eat him.
OOC Comments
interlude later


1d4 = 3: 3

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Thomas » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:21 am

Thomas looks at Karsk at hearing the uneasy double entendre. His eyes focusing on Karsk as he tries to read his intent and discern if it was an intentional or unintentional slip. "I cannot tell." He mumbles to himself.
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 1

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Charlemagne » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Charlemagne shakes his head. "I am familiar with Atrocles' machinations. I have it on good authority that he is, himself, a demon walking in guise of a human. But, Thomas, I cannot ignore what we have seen here. If the Legion intends to dispatch a counter-force to deal with his plans, are we not closest, at least currently?" Charlemagne crosses himself. "And if innocent life is at stake, who better to deal with the issue than us?"
He ponders their situation a moment. "Thomas, your plan is sound. Karsk has offered to go with you. In addition, perhaps Nazo will find use for time at the ley line? The remainder of us I would like to make organized sorties into the surrounding territory to scout for the vampire hive. Let us make early morning expeditions, returning by very early afternoon in order to sleep before the evening. We can execute these searches until the Magdalenas and Cyber-Knights return from their triumph in Gloom. That will give us time to provide Thomas' sunstones to each of the townsfolk."
Charlemagne's persuasion
Persuasion
1d6+4 = 8: 4

WD Persuasion
1d6+4 = 10: 6
Ace with prior
1d6+10 = 14: 4
Benny EE with elan and prior
1d6+16 = 17: 1
Charlemagne summons the leaders, such as they are, of the refugees they brought to New Alamo. He addresses them with a bow. "In perhaps a week's time or so, our assignment here will end. It is our intention to return to Fort Hope, several weeks' travel northwards. The journey is, by no means, easy. It is likely fraught with danger, as are any travels in this land in these perilous times. I offer to you a choice. If your traveling days are done, and you prefer to be at least near the place of your abode, I shall speak with the leadership of New Alamo to arrange lodgings and a life here. You will have the protection and guidance of the Magdalenas and Cyber-Knights, behind the walls of as safe a community as is likely to be found anywhere." He pauses, and then presents another option.
"If the logistics can be arranged, and you fancy an adventurous foray into the wild, with the end result of a place where you can be part of building something great, then I extend to you an offer to join us at Fort Hope. We are an outpost of the Tomorrow Legion, but are working towards establishing a safe haven for all in the lands south of Tolkeen. There is work in all fields for those who will contribute, equitable treatment, and more than adequate defenses against the various perils of the world." He smiles warmly, extending open hands. "Please, meditate and pray upon it. Decide at your leisure, but give us the courtesy of an answer as soon as you know, that we may make such arrangements as are necessary, either for your lodging here, or transport northward with us." With that, he bows, answers any questions, and moves to begin planning sessions for the vampire hunts.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Thomas » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:50 am

Charlemagne wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:18 pm
Charlemagne shakes his head. "I am familiar with Atrocles' machinations. I have it on good authority that he is, himself, a demon walking in guise of a human. But, Thomas, I cannot ignore what we have seen here. If the Legion intends to dispatch a counter-force to deal with his plans, are we not closest, at least currently?" Charlemagne crosses himself. "And if innocent life is at stake, who better to deal with the issue than us?"
Thomas rolls his eyes before turning back to face Charlemagne. "Do any of you see what I mean?" To Charlemagne he begins ticking off:
"One, There are no people in danger yet.

"Two, you want to put yourself in his path.

"Three, you know he will take advantage of your weakness by using innocents against us.

"Four, That means you are the one causing their lives to be in danger.

"Don't you see, if we really care about these people, we should escort the refuges we have already rescued to Hope. Then once they are safe we can work on a new plan. One that will not force Atrocles to kill and murder a bunch of people to use as weapons against you.

"Charlemagne don't you see we need to protect those innocents."
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 1

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ryder » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 am

Ryder listens to the back and forth. "I know I'm ain't signed on yet," the Trimadore begins, "but I think you folks are putting the cart before the horse, here. Sure, Count Atrocles is a snake. I heard a rumor, back in the day, that he's not actually a demon--instead, that twisted body of his is the result of some sort of magical experiment gone wrong--supposedly, it was supposed to make him a kind of shapeshifter, but there was some problem with the ritual and it only warped his flesh and soul in the bargain. If the story I heard is true, a couple of the one hundred sacrifices--one for each form he was supposed to be able to assume at the end of it--broke free and escaped. As a result, the whole thing backlashed on him giving him only some of the features of the first sacrifice, as a permanent scar. Of course, that's a fourth-hand rumor, so don't go taking it as Gospel. Just sayin', this is a guy who will put a hundred innocents on the sacrificial altar to get some extra oomph." He shakes his head.

"Sorry, got off-track there. Atrocles is a snake, yes, but it's this Lord Soldad who sounds like the immediate threat--he may just be the Count's catspaw, but ignoring the paw is a good way to get your nose clawed. You gotta clear out the pawns a bit before going after the King, if you get my meaning. He's the one we need to hunt down in the short rum. We can do that while we're waiting for the Gloom troops to return, or we can wait for them to come back and then go hunting, but I think, either way, we should probably attend to Soldad before we talk about hauling a bunch of refugees through his territory, OR decide to leave New Alamo to be his plaything while we go back to your Fort. Hell, Soldad himself knows he's got a limited window of opportunity, here--he's probably going to start ginning up a Plan B immediately."
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:40 pm

The young dragon is obviously pleased at the reception from the townsfolk after the battle, the only other time he had been in his true form around this many people they had torches and pitchforks. Well railguns and vibroblades actually but same thing. However his is visibly freighted by the hologram. Puffing up like a cat, he begins a rumbling low growl. How did he find me already? is the wyrms first thought. He calms somewhat what when the message plays out.

"My mother fought him and bit off his hand. Before he got away he swore to end her line and has killed some of my siblings since then."

As the conversation turns to hunting the remaining vampires and Soldad, Bari begins to wonder what he'll do next himself. Helping the town and making friends, while kinda scary sometimes, has been pretty great so far. Maybe the heroes will let him help some more? "I would like to help too if that is ok Mr. Charley."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Charlemagne » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:44 pm

Charlemagne cocks his head sideways, peering at Thomas in one of his more bird-like mannerisms. "My friend, your vision is obscured, ever so slightly. There are always people in danger in a world such as this. If Atrocles - " he stops and gestures towards Ryder " - or to Ryder's point, Soldad, have designs on this territory, innocent people are already in danger. Our presence may be a boon, if indeed for no other reason than they do not know to account for us. Mayhap, we can turn the tide. The strongest wave will break on the rocks in its path. If we are the rocks, let the wave crash." He shakes his head at Thomas. "You are correct. We must protect the innocent. But the designs of evil hinge on good men doing nothing. We are good men, you and I, and the rest of our merry band alike. We will not sit idly by while those who parley with demons concoct and implement their plans." He smiles, and pats Thomas on the shoulder. "Worry not. I'll ensure you are not with me on the front line."
Charlemagne turns to Barinthasheer, still addressing Thomas. "Besides, Thomas, we have the great and mighty Barinthasheer who wishes to help our cause. Between a demon's pawn and an army of vampires, or the landsknechts of the Holy Roman Empire supported by a dragon?" He grins and bows to Barinthasheer. "I rather prefer the dragon!"
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by KahlessNestor » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:27 am

Date: September 19, 109 PA
Time: 0601
Weather: Temperature normal for season (warm); no wind, no rain
Location: New Alamo
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Normal
  • Visibility: NA
Round 0

***

The refugees that the Trailblazers had brought to New Alamo listened to Charlemagne’s speech and murmured and talked amongst themselves. Most seemed just grateful to finally be somewhere safe and had little desire to head out into the wilderness again. But some could perhaps be persuaded.
Instructions
  • Persuasion roll (can be cooperative) if you want to bring some refugees to Fort Hope with you. Each success will get you 5 refugees. You will need to figure out a way to transport and feed them during the trip.
  • Feel free to continue RPing, or RP something during the festivities.
  • If you write something your character knows about Count Atrocles (whether true or not), take a Benny.
  • Write an Interlude about something in your past, perhaps triggered by events in the battle, or in the celebrations that followed, or however the tale comes to mind. You can use the standard table if you need inspiration. Roll 1d4. Then take 1 XP.
    • 1 - Tragedy: Describe a tale of tragedy or misfortune from your hero’s past, featuring one of his Hindrances if possible. If the teller has a dark secret of some kind, hint strongly at it, drop clues, or otherwise give the rest of the group a glimpse into your hero’s dark side during your narrative.
    • 2 - Victory: Tell the group about a great victory or personal triumph in your adventurer’s past. How did it affect him afterward? Was there a reward?
    • 3 - Love: Speak fondly of the character’s greatest love—lost, found, or waiting on him back home. What is her name? Where does she live? Why is the traveler not with her now?
    • 4 - Desire: Tell a tale about something your hero wants (or already has). It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.
  • Decide as a team how long you want to stay in New Alamo before heading home to Fort Hope (at least 1 week until the New Alamo forces return).
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Thomas » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:44 am

Thomas is a little split between being offended by Charlemagne ignoring his valid arguments, surprised by Charlemagne including him in a list of good people (of which he knows he is not), or relieved at hearing he would be kept safely from the front line. "Well um, i see you have considered quite a bit. With your leave Karsk and I will head out in a couple minutes at dawn to get to work on some more sun stone. The 6 we have will not be enough for this many villagers." Knowing they need to be back at noon Thomas ask permission to ride with Karsk rather than slow them by walking.
***** Returning with a bag full of sun stones Thomas begins handing them out to ensure each team member has one and each family in the refuge camp. Each time he hands one out he humbly says, how he wishes he could do more, if only they came back to Fort Hope they would be better able to watch out for them and ensure they had food and productive work they could perform. His words vary from person to person but for those less trusting members of the team it seems as if this would be part of something more.

Persuasion 13, 15 people convinced, perhaps my bribery will provide an additional bonus?
Persuasion 1d8+6 = 11: 5
Wild 1d6+6 = 7: 1

Benny reroll
Persuasion 1d8+6 = 13: 7
Wild 1d6+6 = 7: 1
GM Question
I need to know how many family type groups there are for keeping inventory.
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 1

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ashley Logan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:23 pm

"I dunno anything about someone named Atrocles," Ash weighs in awkwardly, "But the Federation of Magic was something we were briefed on a few times. Uh...nothing good. Demons and sacrifices woulda been a tame Tuesday night for them. If, you know, the briefings were true." She shrugs.

"As for the rest, it seems to me like Atrocles was counting on this Soldad guy to do this. That means he probably isn't ready to move on Alamo himself...and he might not want to at all. Otherwise he'd have just DONE it. He's probably got bigger fish to fry. So now Soldad...he's just lost like, a TON of vampires, you know. A TON. That bunch definitely meant to just steamroll Alamo's defenses and barely take any damage in the process. Instead he lost almost ALL of them."

"I don't know how fast vampires can, uh, spread...but if we hit back hard, and fast, we can probably put an end to Soldad. That'll probably stop Atrocles from doing anything anytime soon. He'll have to find out Soldad failed, and then he'll want to figure out how and why, and then he'll have to plan a counterattack...and all while doing all the stuff he was going to do before too."

She shrugs. "Alamo might not be worth it to him. It's a little town, not super close to the Federation, and not looking to expand its territory. Stopping Soldad might put an end to it."

Interlude Neem
1d4 = 3: 3

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:46 am

Nazo brushes off the vampire dust off her black armor. Still not trusting most of the villagers she keeps her wide brimmed hat low over her face obscuring the fact she is an Altara. The memories of the sisters and fort gaurds slights were still fresh. While Vik and Charlemagne had accepted her, she was not sure how others might.
I know that name... Count Atrocles
Concerning the count she chimes in with a bottle of sake in one hand, ” Count Atrocles is known to me. The villagers living in squaller outside of Kyoto tell tale of a man dressed in black whose face is but a skull. When there is no moon held high in the black of night he wanders the feild of battle in Kyoto and raises souls long perished. He twists them into Oni and horrors unspoken. The name these villagers call him is Count Atrocles.”

If the leyline is within reach and she can draw energy from it she sits quietly meditating and resoring her chi.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Upon hearing Thomas tell the people one at a time to come with the group to Fort Hope Nazo sets about trying to help her new friend in Thomas meet his life goal. Unaware of the terror Nazo may incite she tells those on the fence plainly, ”Come with us if you wish to live. Vampires and the federation have marked your town for death.” She pouts slightly in a charming way.
Persuation 12, 3 bennies spent
Persuasion 1d4-2 = -1: 1 wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Benny to reroll with Elan 1d4 = 2: 2 wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Benny for reroll with elan and attractive 1d4+2 = 5: 3 wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Benny for reroll 1d4+2 = 6: 4 Ace 1d4 = 2: 2wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace 1d6 = 4: 4
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:51 pm

In the following days, after vampire hunting sorties Barinthasheer tries to spend time with the members of the team, learning about what they can do, who they are, and listening to any stories they tell. Vik often finds himself tailed by the lad, bombarded with questions. But anyone with powers, psionics in particular if he's made aware of it, are of great interest to the youth. So also are Thomas' interactions with others. At one point he asks Vik about the wizard, "He's very..twisty.. no, slippery. Why do I still want to like him? Can I learn how to do that. But like in not so jerky a way?"

After a disastrous attempt to learn weapon skills while in human form from apprentices who were no where near his strength or skill he approaches Charlemagne. "Sir Charles, can you teach me weapons. I'm too strong to practice with the not-yet-knights, they get hurt."
Last edited by Barinthasheer on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Vik » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Roll
1d4 = 3: 3
Barinthasheer wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:51 pm
At one point he asks Vik about the wizard, "He's very..twisty.. no, slippery. Why do I still want to like him? Can I learn how to do that. But like in not so jerky a way?"
"Tommy? Oh, Tommy's a right twist-talking tart, get that forked tongue of his halfway up your arse afore you even decide if you like it," Vik says, offering the boy dragon another swig of Pete's private reserve. The traitorous peddler had tried to wriggle out of any accountability, but Vik had insisted he be arrested and held for trial -- mostly so his remaining wares could be seized by the the authorities, namely Vik.

"Now, don't take that as what Tommy's all bad -- I mean he is, on the inside, most like, jus' lookin' out for hisself. But he ain't half bad to have out for a tipple, on account of his effect on the ladies, what tend to travel in packs and always wif one or a deuce what have secretive lady-on-lady tendencies, and fancy a guv like Tommy who looks like their old governess from when they was first having sticky dreams. So's while them ones is fawning over Tom, you can get your wickets off wif' those what prefer a real man."

Vik belches loudly and engages in a rather long and luxuriating scratch at his most manly parts. When talk turns to Atrocles and Soldad, he interjects with something that approaches the opposite of tact.

"Wot's his name? A-testy-clees? Never heard of 'im, but he looks like a right wanker. Probably got to lookin' that way from some kin'a meta-versary version of the clap, from like fraternizin' with fings inna summoning circle." He leans conspiratorially toward Barry and whispers: "Tried it, once, and I don't recommend. Something to be said for a bit of spice in the sack, but them suck-you-besses ain't particular about how they use them claws."

"And wot's the other bloke? Soldad? Sounds like some knock-off brand of cerveza, like did he find some old bottle down Mexico way and like nick hisself a name? Prob'ly like lisps and whatnot, rubbin' his hands together like he's spreading the lotion on the skin. Bugger that."
Vik's too drunk to object when talk turns to hunting down vampires and engaging in other heroic and likely deadly activities. His ramblings take on a morose tenor.

"All this talk of marching, stomping round and Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. I mean really, Barry, when're we gonna point our Lord Peters back whence we came and carry the bits and bobs to some place familiar, like? S'what I wanna know. S'what I wanna do, really, is get back to Fort Mudhole, Hopeless, Camp Swampy what have yous and back into the arms of my recently sightless woman. S'all I'm asking, really, get back to Charley. The lady one. Real woman, not bird-man. Good woman, almost s'good as me mum."

A tear forms in Vik's eye, and is joined by another that wobbles and glitters in the firelight like a disco ball filled with blubber.

"Takes care of me, Charlize does. Even tried making me jam-and-tatties, like me mum did. They were shite, but's the effort what counts, you know. Leastways when it's the women doing fings f'rus. Always insist on 'five more minutes' and 'proper technique' when it's t'other way 'round, keep that in mind when you get a snog wif' a dragon-bird. Or a human bird, if that gets your horns in a twist, I ain't one ta judge. An I mean, weren't all Charley's fault, what wif' the sorrowful state of cuisine in these post-apocky-lipstick times in which we live. I mean, tatties is the same, tho you can't get good whipped short'ning for the frying, and I don't trust no jam what don't come from a jar wif a cartoon on it. Ain't sanitary, mate."

"So Charley can't be faulted, eyes or no. Tryna make me jam-and-tatties when I was laid up one time wif busted ribs after some giant bugger wif slugs for eyes clocked me one. Got me thinking of me mum, it did then. Think of her now, too. Guess I'll never get no more of mum's jam-and-tatties, on account of her being dead for 300-odd years. Least she had my uncles to look after her after I went a tumblin' through the wormholes and whatnot. Had a lot of uncles, I did, least 20. Not a one of 'em came around 'til my dad died, but I guess they felt bad and starting coming to check on me mum nightly after, takin' turns to stay with her of a night. Had night terrors, did me mum, always could hear her making little screams and moans. So's my uncles would stay, half hour each at a time, to keep watch of a night and hug her. Always leaving a few quid on the table when they went, too ... kept us in jam-and-tatties, it did.

He whispers softly into the night, swiping at tears: "Eat your jam-and-tatties, boy, so you'll be big an' strong. When meat's too dear you've still got beer, and a jam-and-tatties song. A jam-and-tatties song ...
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Karsk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:22 am

Notice 4
OOC Comments
1d8 = 4: 4
1d6 = 1: 1
"Karsk not know these people," he screws up his face, "not been in Karsk's territory as far as Karsk knows. karsk will happily smite him if he comes near Fort Hope.

At dawn, he heads out with Thomas on Toad to the leyline and stands guard, periodically drawing water out of the ground for them to drink. He does not speak much for he never does.

"Dragon, why do you wish to fight with us?" he asks Bari when the dragon comes over to see him as he telekinetically drags the gates back with Toad's help.

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am

Taking a drink of the offered bottle Bari was unsure why his friend likes the strange spicy water. Maybe it didn't work for his kind since all the dragon felt was a bit of numbness in his lips. While the stuff often seemed to make the man happy it also often made him sick, and sometimes sad. Vik's bout of drunken sadness leaves the boy confused (but really any conversation with the brit does this). Something about missing his mother, some other Charley who was a woman, and jam. Which seemed to be some kind of food. The mother bit was very perplexing to the Dragon and he couldn't help with that or the woman. But maybe he could find some of this "jam" stuff for the man.

After the technowizard passes out Barinthasheer goes to look for Thomas since finding things seemed to be his job. Not seeing the man around the town Bari goes to look in the Cyberknight barracks where the male members of the team have been staying. Having no conception of privacy, the lad decides the fastest way would be to just walk around the building in dragon form looking in windows until he found the fellow. And find him he does, spending a little "quality time" with a middle aged, but still fetching Magdalena. Unfortunately the only frame of reference the juvenile has for scratching and biting he sees in the room has been of the less friendly sort so he assumes that Thomas is being attacked.


At the top of his voice the lad bellows "A vampire is attacking Mr. @Thomas!!" as he tears the window from it's frame.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:36 am

Nazo comes out of nowhere keenly interested in the dragon’s movements and launches a blinding bolt of celestial silver killing the vampire dead in its tracks!
”I got your back Thomas!” Something inside the building burns as the holy silver strikes it.
OOC Comments
only bad things were killed.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:57 pm

((Karsk and Bari near the moat)))

Bari heads out to help Karsk and Toad pull the wrecked trailer from the moat.
Karsk wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:22 am
"Dragon, why do you wish to fight with us?" he asks Bari when the dragon comes over to see him as he telekinetically drags the gates back with Toad's help.
"I guess my people don't like each other much, or something, so we mostly find other kinds of people to be friends with. Even new dragons like me, we are left as eggs to hatch and find our own way. When I tried to make friends tho most people were afraid and either ran away or chased me off. Others wanted to hurt me or make me a pet. Mr. Vik and then the rest of you were the first people to be nice to me knowing what I am so I want to help you. And the town people are nice too, but I think figthing vampires helped that, some of them still seem a little afraid."
While this does seem to sadden the dragon a bit, he is still upbeat.
"You are a Simvan, right? The mom voice said some of your people can be mean, is it hard for you to make friends? Also how are you lifting that?
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Nazo frowns... Something was there in that room with Thomas. Something may still be in the room. Calmly ready to toss another blazing silver bolt of fury into the room she speaks into her radio, ”Karsk...Something is happening to Thomas. I think I got a vampire in his room. But I could use a set of eyes and an experienced hunter just to make sure.”
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Thomas » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:34 am

Barinthasheer wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am
At the top of his voice the lad bellows "A vampire is attacking Mr. Thomas!!" as he tears the window from it's frame.
As the woman turns around slightly panicked Thomas look annoyed. "Come on now Bari..." But whatever he was going to say in interrupted when suddenly Nazo bursts in.
Nazo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:36 am
"I got your back Thomas!” Something inside the building burns as the holy silver strikes it.
Obliterating a mouse in the corner and leaving a very large hole in the side of the building. Thomas helps the lady off and to her feat. "Holy hell people, can a couple of adults enjoy a moment together without all the desperate cries for attention." He is cut short again as Nazo calls Karsk.

"Now hold on one moment. If you all want to watch and learn I am okay with that. But that creepy guy might think it is time to establish dominance and I am not up to that, because I do not think I could take him." Looking sternly at them he finishes. "You are going to have to pay for the damage the two of you caused or old Chuck will get pissy. I am getting another room, and if you all want to watch Bari that is fine, Nazo if you want to participate and really learn something I can help with that too. But no more obliterating, destroying or breaking things!"

As his rant comes to an end Thomas is disappointed to see his Magdalena has left as he begins mumbling to himself. "This is why we cannot have nice things."
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 1

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Vik » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:36 pm

As the smoke clears, Vik ambles into view through the new hole in the wall. He's evidently been taking a leak in the alley outside, a fact that -- due to extreme inebriation -- he seems to have forgotten, as he continues on doing his business as he makes his way into Thomas's room.

"No'sure the boy's ready f'ra peepshow, Tommy," he says, grabbing at the splintered wall with his free hand for support, as a highly-flammable arc of liquid tracks closer and closer to Thomas's boots. "He's'only haffway through th'birds'n'bees, an' we ain't even menshun th' draftin' up of consenshu... conshental ... you know, like 'Yes, I wanna tumble' agreements."

Finishing his business, Vik tucks his bits and bobs away and squints at the others gathered in the room.

"S'okay, Barry. You jus' leave ol' Tommy here and see'f ol' Naz'll give you the learnin' of it. Less talkie-talkie, more spankie-spankie, s'wot I always say," he says, accompanying his mumbling with graphic hand gestures. "Now if 'scuse me, gonna go get hands on wif' some rum 'n Lord Richard, n' say no t'orgies 'less Charley's involved, y'know, the human-er-ish bird, not bird man, man. 'Kay, g'night."

Closing his eyes once again, Vik totters off down the alley, mumbling a song about lemon biscuits and cheese.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:46 pm

((The Bedroom Incident))

In the seconds after he rips the window out to "help" one of his new friends are a whirlwind of emotions for the lad. Fear and alarm start off the show when he thinks an ally is under attack. Followed by relief when the scary lady, Nazo, leaps to aid the wizard as well. Then things get confusing when instead of being happy for their aid, Thomas is instead angry. When it becomes clear(ish) that Thomas was not in fact in any danger so breaking the window was a bad thing he is mortified. Then Vik drunken chatter of ancient references throws him deeper into confusion.

Wait...what?? His head is cocked to the side looking first at Thomas, then Vik. Then to Nazo. "So you're not.. and she wasn't.. Watch?.. Lessons in what?..we weren't helping?? Can someone tell me in Draconic what just happened?"
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Karsk » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:34 am

Nazo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Nazo frowns... Something was there in that room with Thomas. Something may still be in the room. Calmly ready to toss another blazing silver bolt of fury into the room she speaks into her radio, ”Karsk...Something is happening to Thomas. I think I got a vampire in his room. But I could use a set of eyes and an experienced hunter just to make sure.”
Karsk follows the sound of the radio to find Nazo and Bari destroying half a room and Thomas ranting at them as Vik wanders around peeing everywhere and wanders off again. Karsk takes it all in stride, listening to what was said.

Normal day in 101st

Barinthasheer wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Wait...what?? His head is cocked to the side looking first at Thomas, then Vik. Then to Nazo. "So you're not.. and she wasn't.. Watch?.. Lessons in what?..we weren't helping?? Can someone tell me in Draconic what just happened?"
Karsk coughs from behind the group to get their attention, as he psychically runs water over the floor where Vik had been, cleaning up his mess and not letting him mark his territory.

"Thomas intent on making little Thomases, no eggs required. No need to destroy town. Ask Vik when not totally drunk to fix damage."

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:30 pm

What what? What is Thomas talking about... One becomes two and it all becomes clear that Thomas does not see her in the same way. She pulls her brimmed hat cover face and the mixed emotions she was feeling. Why am I feeling like this? I joined them no more than a few weeks... Truth be told Thomas was everything she was looking for in a companion: selfless, heroic, smart, and caring. Anger, sadness, unsoiled rejection welled within her breast... I thought... Damn it it doesn’t matter because I was wrong. Trying her best she comments failing to keep emotions level, ” S-Sorry Thomas I was worried vampires were going too—“ Her voices fades away.

She walks briskly away muttering to Bari and Karsk, ” I’ll be in the bell tower if you want to flash fry me then eat me. I—I—“ She walks away briskly going quiet and hoping the two put her out of her emotional misery.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by KahlessNestor » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:45 am

Thomas and Nazo manage to convince twenty of the refugees to make the return journey with them to Fort Hope.

The various families in New Alamo are grateful to Thomas for the sunstones, and he has plenty of time during the week for trips out to the ley line to make more. In fact, when the triumphant army of New Alamo returns, the ruling council orders several of the stones for use in mounting on the outside of the wooden palisade as further defense against any vampire attacks.
Thomas
Persuasion roll (not cooperative), and they will pay you 1000 credits per success for enough stones for the walls.
The folk of New Alamo are a bit less enthusiastic about Barinthasheer and company knocking down walls. Novice Nara quickly volunteers to keep an eye on him. As the days pass, she gets nicer and nicer to him. She prefers him in his human form, and often holds his hand or sits really close. On the other hand, Bari’s friend Squire Reynold seems less and less nice to him, often scowling as he watches Bari and Nara.

When Charlemagne alerts the elders of the town to the dangers of Count Atrocles and Soldad, the returned army informs him that the Master Vampire was defeated by a band of Resolute heroes when he attempted to bring a massive vampire army to aid Geist in her attack on Gloom. He should be no one to worry about any longer. They will, however, attempt to find out more information about this Count Atrocles and thank the cyber-knight for the warning.

As Nazo sulks back to the church, a man was inside, straightening things up. “Hello,” he greets her. “Why so glum? Something you care to talk about? I’m Father O’Malley,” he introduced himself.
Instructions
  • Feel free to continue RPing, or RP something during the festivities.
  • Decide as a team how long you want to stay in New Alamo before heading home to Fort Hope (at least 1 week until the New Alamo forces return). Any time you are ready to move on, we can.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Thomas » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:18 am

Nazo wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:30 pm
What what? What is Thomas talking about... One becomes two and it all becomes clear that Thomas does not see her in the same way. She pulls her brimmed hat cover face and the mixed emotions she was feeling. Why am I feeling like this? I joined them no more than a few weeks... Truth be told Thomas was everything she was looking for in a companion: selfless, heroic, smart, and caring. Anger, sadness, unsoiled rejection welled within her breast... I thought... Damn it it doesn’t matter because I was wrong. Trying her best she comments failing to keep emotions level, ” S-Sorry Thomas I was worried vampires were going too—“ Her voices fades away.

She walks briskly away muttering to Bari and Karsk, ” I’ll be in the bell tower if you want to flash fry me then eat me. I—I—“ She walks away briskly going quiet and hoping the two put her out of her emotional misery.
Thomas watches Nazo go the hurt obvious. Looking at the others he is obviously confused for a brief moment. "Um, is she even old enough for that? I thought Altara did not feel those urges, you know internal resentment for how the breeders clone and use them?" Looking around he thinks for a moment. "I need to find Chucky, he might be able to help with this. I think if I go talk to her she will die of embarrassment and I do not want her to hurt more."

Thomas sets off to find Charlemagne once he finds him he pulls him aside privately and explains in detail what is going. "So you see, this is awkward. Well I have been offered Altara before, but the whole idea of doing that with a slave or someone who cannot say no, well it is wrong no different than rape.

"I mean who even knew she was capable of doing that stuff willingly. Any chance you could maybe go help her, last I saw her she was headed to the church."


As the people start wanting more work from Thomas making and distributing additional stones for perimeter protection. He points out how a man can only do so much work in a day, he has helped with what he can, but so much additional work will really stress him. He is not a slave, I mean come on he is a administrator, his job is to ensure people work in teams and distribute supplies other purchase. By the time he is done the sympathies for him could have moved even a stone cold heart to weeping.

3,000 credit bonus
Persuasion 1d8+6 = 9: 3
Wild 1d6+8 = 12: 4 (+6 not +8, messed it up)

Benny to reroll
Persuasion 1d8+6 = 9: 3
Wild 1d6+6 = 10: 4

Stupid broken die roller
Benny to Reroll again
Persuasion 1d8+6 = 13: 7
Wild 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 1

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ryder » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Boudoir Bedlam:

When the call came over the radio about vampires and such, Ryder had been, as usual, tuning up the Aeon Cassowary, boosting the suspension to help account for the extra weight--it sounded as if they were going to be trying to get some of the locals to come back with them, and the one called Thomas was a gifted speaker. "They'll probably be lining up in droves. Best to assume we'll need the entire top of the Cassowary. Good thing we've got that howda--pretty sure it can serve as the base frame for the passengers. Won't be classy, but-- and then he's cut off in his external monologue by the alert.

He hopped into the front seat, tuned in further and also turned on the scanners to see if he could determine what was going on out there--and thus, managed to hear an aggrieved Thomas dress down his interrupters, and the rather awkward conversation that followed. These people... great in a fight, got their hearts in the right place, but damn if they ain't plum loco during downtime. Never been so glad to be late to the party.

He shuts down the Mountaineer and goes back to working on his modifications. He'd need to drag in Vic for the heavy work, of course--even a drunken sot of a techno-wizard was still a techno-wizard, and he'd worked the Federation turf long enough to know how fast they could work.

***********
Vehicular Matters:

Once he hears just how successful Thomas and Charlie were at recruitment, he was even gladder that he'd started the work early. "This does mean we're gonna be running with no weapons during the trip--gotta use all the space up there for seating in the expanded howda. That means those of you riding topside ARE the Cassowary's weapons. Me an' Miss Ashley should be able to outrun anything nasty we come across, but if it's something we have to address more directly, well, we'll park and jump out. Thomas, you'll want to make sure we get keep four of those sunstones for the corners of the Cassowary, keep the civvies safe at night.

Then he goes and talks to Charlemagne. "With this many folks, we'll need a trailer for supplies to make the trek back. Think the troops will be able to set us up with field rations and water barrels when they get back?"

Aeon Cassowary Temp Stats
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 7/35 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +0
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+40
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: None
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Nazo startles at the father’s approach. Her emotions were getting the better of her. She sits down next to him in one of the churches worn pue. Real wood by the feel of these seats. ” Its a long story Father O’Malley... I just... I just was surprised.” She kicks the pue in front of her with a thud. Her frustration is boiling but she manages a smile and a slight laugh, ” Is it cliche if I say its about a boy?” What am I saying? My entire life has been about a boy. The killing fields of Kyoto it was by best friend Klien... Killed by the Oni. Then at the monastary during my traiing, Acolyte Boau. Chose differently. Master Kittito whom I fought side by side with for many years. He had a wife, he had a family. What of my own father? I don’t know.

She looks at the father who patiently waits for her mental processing. Kittito would ask me what do the spirits say? I can’t hear them... ” I... I am not sure what to do next... Do I tell Thomas I have greatly enjoyed our adventures... He is so heroic caring so selflessly for others and his voice is a silver plated dream...” Her whishful tone becomes hardened with an edge, ” Or do I bury my feelings beneath a well of Sake?” Sake really Nazo? That turned out so awesome last time. ”Maybe there is a undiscovered middle line with out it being weird.”

She smiles at the priest standing and showing him her eyeless eyes, ” Thanks for the time and thanks for not killing me on sight. Mind if I keep using the bell tower as my hangout?” Assuming the priest says yes she heads up and works through a few martial kata’s trying to find the middle path.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:28 pm

((Later in the week))

Bari, in human form, approaches @Thomas one evening some what tentatively. "I guess your people have some kind of rules against nudity and stuff, especially the "bible fumpers". So I am very sorry if I caused you problems with the others. I was hoping to ask you to help me find something because you are... right proper at that.?"

He stares at the ground for a second and drags his toe in the dust. Looking back up into Thomas' eyes, "I do not know what it is but I seek jam. "What come from a jar wif a cartoon on it", otherwise it's not sanitary. I have no money tho so if not, I guess that's ok."
Last edited by Barinthasheer on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by KahlessNestor » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:13 am

Father O’Malley listened quietly to Nazo’s concerns. “Matters of the heart are often more distressing than they need to be,” he told Nazo. “And yet are just as important. I always feel honesty is best. Let him know what he means to you. Better than suffering quietly in uncertainty. But do not drown your feelings in alcohol. That is a path where destruction lies.”

The young man smiled. “Of course you may use the bell tower for as long as you need,” he promised her. “Let me know if you need anything else.”
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Charlemagne » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:10 pm

Interlude
Taking 1 XP.
Charlemagne puzzles for a moment over Thomas' revelations. He shakes his head. "This is the downfall inherent in mingling the sexes in combat units, though none in the Vati...uh, the Castle would even begin to entertain segregation of fighting units by gender. Even more complex a discussion are those creatures without a gender." He strokes his chin with one hand and checks the blades of his swords with the others. "I am aware those of her kind are usually slaves. She does not seem so, however. Are the Altara who do not serve the Splugorth liberated, and therefore free to choose?" He stops short and holds up his hands. "That is not an invitation to engage in fornication with your squadmate!" He sighs again, and launches into a story.
"When I was a younger commander, I was more lax, seeking to earn the approval of those under my command by being their friend rather than their superior officer. I had quite the clever lieutenant. An ambitious young man skilled in combat and even moreso in tactics. Truly, Lieutenant Sturm was gifted. A prodigy." He smiles wistfully. The smile is short-lived, though, and is replaced with a look of frustration.
"I discovered he had been carrying on an affair with an enlisted person. I say person because it was, in truth, a woman, though in her desire to do battle on behalf of the empire drove her to conceal her features. Lieutenant Sturm had discovered her and became enamored. He kept this from me. In my youthful foolishness and a desire to preserve my friendship with the lieutenant, I aided him in concealing their ill-advised courtship." Charlemagne looks Thomas directly in the eyes. "Their desires cost them dearly. Sturm made decisions in battle versus the Aquitainians that were colored by his emotions. His paramour found herself, along with her unit, cut off and under duress. Sturm led an ill-fated charge into the line to retrieve her. I saw the collapse of the flank, but the order to reform was not received as Sturm and his men ran headlong into a wall of pikes." The Lyn-Srial grits his jaw. "They were slain to the last. Despite our victory, the cost was great. Sturm was found, impaled, reaching for the body of his lover."
Charlemagne sighs. "I will speak with Nazo. I value you both. You are an exceedingly clever individual, and a credit to your station. The terms of my commission with the Legion do not grant me the authority to forbid such a relationship, but my experience demands I request you remain separate. I will advise Nazo of the same."
Charlemagne claps Thomas on the shoulder, then departs to seek out Nazo.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ashley Logan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm

As Charlemagne strode away, Ashley was revealed behind where he'd been, giving Thomas a skeptical look.

"Nazo?" she asked. "Really? I mean, she's a pile of trauma...you're not leading her on, right?"

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Charlemagne » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:45 pm

Charlemagne stops at the Cassowary as Ryder hails him. He admires the modifications in progress. "Yes, it appears we will be quite laden with people seeking a new start. The design looks impressive and stable, which is the important thing." He nods as the rations and supplies are mentioned. "I would assume, though we work with no promise of recompense, that the Cyber Knights and Magdalenas here will assist us to the best of their abilities. I am loath to deprive a businessman of his livelihood, but his weakness nearly cost the village their lives and souls. I believe we should appropriate Whiskey Pete's trailer, if it will suit our needs. Pete himself may join us if he chooses to pay his penance at Fort Hope. Having such an individual gathering information in the area is not the worst idea." He smiles wryly at Ryder. "We will make sure to examine his cargo and temperament before allowing him through the gates."
Charlemagne takes wing in an attempt to find Nazo, circling slowly towards the top of the bell tower. He calls out softly. "Nazo, are you there? As you might guess, it's Charlemagne. I'd like to talk, if you've a moment."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:23 pm

Charlemagne wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:45 pm

Charlemagne takes wing in an attempt to find Nazo, circling slowly towards the top of the bell tower. He calls out softly. "Nazo, are you there? As you might guess, it's Charlemagne. I'd like to talk, if you've a moment."
THE BELL TOWER

Nazo has her long celestial blade in one hand and her smaller soul forged dagger in the other. Her legs were hip distance apart. Her arms and feet moved in elabroate dance meant to not only sharpen skill but to anyone who knows anything about sword play more importantly the moves and foot work were meant to bring clarity to the mind. At Charliemaigne’s approach she smiles wistfully suspecting why he came.

Not stopping her martial kata she softly says, ” I am sorry for any damage done. After my work out I will work to mend the coat rack I obliterated...” Thrust, bend, parry. ” As for my outbust. You must think I am some tawdry little girl far from home pinning for someone that does not exist?” Thrust, side step. ” My blades are magical, will they stand up to your psi-blades?” She comes to a restful stance, one foot in front of the other and presents herself to Charlemagne from the side and with both her blades beckons the leader of the 101st to speak his mind and spar with her.
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Charlemagne » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:37 pm

The winged cyber-knight smiles. "They are worth a test, then, if only to know their capability?" Finding a suitable landing spot, he alights in the bell tower, and his psi-blades spring to life. "Our new friend ripped out a wall."
Light thrust to test her reflexes. "A coat rack will hardly be missed."
Parry. "I would rather a slain coat rack than a threat ignored."
Wide, heavy swing from the right, swift thrust from the left. "You acquit yourself well in battle, Nazo." She replies with a close shave at the Lyn-Srial's neck. "Very well!"
Bullrush with a short-stop and a spinning strike. "It is natural for men and women to find attraction. Moreso in times of war or hardship." A series of parry / ripostes, classical fencing-style.
"Thomas is charming." The psi-sword clashes with the celestial blade. "His objections are racial in nature, but honorable at their core." A feint to the right is met with the soul forged dagger. "More to the point, however, is my request, both of him, and of you." A third hand draws forth a silver sword. "I would request that you sequester your passions, for the life of yourselves and the well-being of the team."
The fourth hand draws another sword, and Charlemagne presses his advantage, creating too many targets to effectively defend. "Emotions cloud judgment in battle. They will cost you both, and verily, all of us, if we are put to the test."
"There will be time enough for your affections, should you decide to pursue them. But that time is not now. And Thomas -" Suddenly, when Charlemagne's victory is assured, the psi-swords go dim and vanish, and the twin silver swords drop to the ground, leaving the cyber-knight completely defenseless. He leans in to the Altaran's blades, either of them capable of ending his life. "- does not deserve you."
He pauses, offering her the opportunity to strike should she choose.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Vik » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Ashley Logan wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm
As Charlemagne strode away, Ashley was revealed behind where he'd been, giving Thomas a skeptical look.

"Nazo?" she asked. "Really? I mean, she's a pile of trauma...you're not leading her on, right?"
Vik stumbles bleary-eyed into the frame.

"Pot, kettle muchly, sweets?" he mumbles, clearly pleased with his own rhetorical skills. "Pile 'a trauma, s'like, what, trademark ... you? S'alright, s'alright. No harm 'n a little scratch wif the slap 'n tickle. Everyone knows as what the crazies make for th'best tumble. Straight's a wanker, it is what. Sizzle wizzle."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Thomas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Charlemagne wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:10 pm
Interlude
Taking 1 XP.
Charlemagne puzzles for a moment over Thomas' revelations.
Blah, blah, blah. by the 9 realms this guy would not shut up...
ah right then, now to the important stuff.
Charlemagne sighs. "I will speak with Nazo. I value you both. You are an exceedingly clever individual, and a credit to your station. The terms of my commission with the Legion do not grant me the authority to forbid such a relationship, but my experience demands I request you remain separate. I will advise Nazo of the same."
Thomas nods at Charlemagne seriously. "Thank you. it is true tragedy when love leads to destruction as it did with your Lieutenant. I would not want a repeat."

Ashley Logan wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:31 pm
As Charlemagne strode away, Ashley was revealed behind where he'd been, giving Thomas a skeptical look.

"Nazo?" she asked. "Really? I mean, she's a pile of trauma...you're not leading her on, right?"
Thomas near jumps out of his skin when the whelp sneaks up behind him. turning around to see her Thomas shakes his head. "Leading her on, have you been paying attention? I am not leading anyone on. I would not do that with someone who had no choice anyways. what are you doing stalking me about, you don't have a secret crush on me also do you?

"Because if you do I do not date team members. I have been bitten by that drama more than once when by brother found out about me and... Well, I just do not do that."



Vik wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:52 pm
Vik stumbles bleary-eyed into the frame.

"Pot, kettle muchly, sweets?" he mumbles, clearly pleased with his own rhetorical skills. "Pile 'a trauma, s'like, what, trademark ... you? S'alright, s'alright. No harm 'n a little scratch wif the slap 'n tickle. Everyone knows as what the crazies make for th'best tumble. Straight's a wanker, it is what. Sizzle wizzle."
Taken aback, and unsure if agreeing with Vik was wise Thomas only stared on unsure of most of what he said.


((Later in the week))
Barinthasheer wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:28 pm
((Later in the week))

Bari, in human form, approaches @Thomas one evening some what tentatively. "I guess your people have some kind of rules against nudity and stuff, especially the "bible fumpers". So I am very sorry if I caused you problems with the others. I was hoping to ask you to help me find something because you are... right proper at that.?"

He stares at the ground for a second and drags his toe in the dust. Looking back up into Thomas' eyes, "I do not know what it is but I seek jam. "What come from a jar wif a cartoon on it", otherwise it's not sanitary. I have no money tho so if not, I guess that's ok."
Thomas looks at Bari for a moment. "Normally I would go a long with it, but you are like family now and I never mock anyone who can potentially eat me. Bari, someone is mocking you. Jam can be found at any market, and I am sure I even have some in my bag here I can share with you. But a specific trade dress will be much harder to find."

Digging in his bag for a bit Thomas pulls out a few of his favorite preserves, seeing none of them had cartoon characters on them he set his least favorite aside (strawberry, meh everyone knew orange marmalade was better) and placed the rest back in the bag. "Try this one, I find it is most enjoyable when on biscuits, but there may be other options. if you do not like it, when we get to Hope I have some contact who specialize in finding hard to find merchandise.

"Don't worry about paying me back, next time we are in battle and it looks like someone is going to kill me you could maybe eat them first."

OOC Comments
@Barinthasheer
@Ashley Logan
@Charlemagne
@Vik
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 1

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Nazo looks down at Charlemagne untterly defenseless. She smiles slightly. Master Kittito would do something similiar on ocasion to drive home a poignent message. It is nice to see his teaching method method extends to the leaders in this realm. In a smooth motion she sheathes her blades and extends a hand in friendship. ” Perhaps it is I who is not ready for Thomas to deserve. I have been counciled to bury my feelings by one, and express them to Thomas by another. What is certain is that I am not ready for such a man...” Nazo’s voice drops, ” Perhaps I will never be.”

Nazo takes a step back and begins to gather her gear readying herself for the trek and any help the town of New Alamo may need. She pauses like a squirl thinking of something, ” My feelings aside, what of count Atrocities? He seems to be a threat in need of quelling. Will we take the fight to him or scamper back to our fort?”

She gestures to the land arround New Alamo, ” Say the word and I will ask the spirits of this land where he is...” She bows deeply and says with much emotion, ” Thank you for your words. I will do and be better for them.”
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Thomas wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Thomas looks at Bari for a moment. "Normally I would go a long with it, but you are like family now and I never mock anyone who can potentially eat me. Bari, someone is mocking you. Jam can be found at any market, and I am sure I even have some in my bag here I can share with you. But a specific trade dress will be much harder to find."

Digging in his bag for a bit Thomas pulls out a few of his favorite preserves, seeing none of them had cartoon characters on them he set his least favorite aside (strawberry, meh everyone knew orange marmalade was better) and placed the rest back in the bag. "Try this one, I find it is most enjoyable when on biscuits, but there may be other options. if you do not like it, when we get to Hope I have some contact who specialize in finding hard to find merchandise.

"Don't worry about paying me back, next time we are in battle and it looks like someone is going to kill me you could maybe eat them first."

Beaming with joy Bari takes the jar. "Thank you very much. I do not think it a trick from the .. eh, I lack the word in your tongue ... the goings on. Mr. Vik was very snockered and sad about his mother parent being gone. He spoke of jam and tatties that she had given him. When he fell asleep I went to find you to ask for jam and.. well, I still need to help fix that wall." The previous days spent with both the squad and Nara have noticeably improved the kids skill at American.

"I will help you in battle but I do not usually eat things. Dragons do not need food or drink. Thank you for the... wait "we"? If possible he looks even more happy than before. "Sir Charles will let me come with? That would be great! I can not stay here much longer." He glances to a nearby mountain with concern. "I will seek him now."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Thomas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:49 am

Barinthasheer wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:22 pm
Beaming with joy Bari takes the jar. "Thank you very much. I do not think it a trick from the .. eh, I lack the word in your tongue ... the goings on. Mr. Vik was very snockered and sad about his mother parent being gone. He spoke of jam and tatties that she had given him. When he fell asleep I went to find you to ask for jam and.. well, I still need to help fix that wall." The previous days spent with both the squad and Nara have noticeably improved the kids skill at American.

"I will help you in battle but I do not usually eat things. Dragons do not need food or drink. Thank you for the... wait "we"? If possible he looks even more happy than before. "Sir Charles will let me come with? That would be great! I can not stay here much longer." He glances to a nearby mountain with concern. "I will seek him now."

"Oh yes. Tell Chuck how you want to be good and shiny and he will take you under his wing and make you one of his own." He always is such a moralist about things like that. No way would he let this dragon roam around endangering people when he could influence him.
Conditions
Charisma +6* (Persuasion d8+6)
Parry 5
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 18/20
Staff PPE: 0/10
Amulet PPE: 7/10
Vampire Slayer: 20/20

Active Effects( Ex Rapid Recharge + Conservation of Magical Energy + Wizard)
  • Elemental Mastery
    Ex Far Sight w/Raise
    Ex Darksight w/Raise
    Greater Shape Change - currently a Young Adult Dragon
Bennies 1

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Charlemagne » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Bell Tower

Charlemagne takes Nazo's hand, then nods. He puzzles a moment. "I will refrain from offering my opinion of the readiness of either of you for that. For now, I count myself fortunate to have you both under my command for this task, and pray for success in all our endeavors."
Charlemagne shakes his head at the mention of the Federation villain. "Count Atrocles is a matter to be brought to the attention of the Magdalenas and Cyber-Knights here. If our assistance is needed, then we shall aid the cause. However, our primary charge is Fort Hope. We cannot abandon one frontier to support another where forces are already in place. I trust the leadership of this town to make the proper decision." With that, he bows to the Altaran. "I bid you good evening, lady. Get some rest. Our labors do not fade with the passing of days." He steps out of the bell tower, his wings catching the air, and glides towards his next task.
Open Field Practice
Charlemagne takes the opportunity to work with some of the cyber knight initiates while the bulk of the force is on their return trip from Gloom. If there are no senior instructors present, he takes it upon himself to teach melee combat fundamentals. He spots Barinthasheer participating in the back. Upon completing the class, he beckons the dragon forward. "My friend, you show a gift for physical combat, even beyond what I've seen from other dragons. It would be my honor to teach you the fundamentals of close fighting, which apply no matter the size of the combatant. I would offer you the chance to travel with us, if you will, to Fort Hope. There, I can continue your training, as well as introducing you to the broader world to round your experiences. You are not compelled to stay here, nor are you compelled to go with us. Even in accompanying us, you are not compelled to serve." He smiles at the dragon. "I simply wish to offer myself as an instructor, if you'll have me."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:02 pm

((Open Field Practice))

Barinthasheer practically sprints around town looking to find Charlemagne and he soon does. The cyber knight is teaching some squires, civilians, and refugees some basic weapon skills. With the local vampire trouble the weapon being taught was the staff with one end sharpened for staking. Remembering that it is rude to interrupt, the boy decides to practice as well since his previous attempt to spar with one of the squires had gone very poorly. The squire, a large boy named Jayne, was a bit of a bully and held some sort of grudge against Bari for being friends with Nara. He tried to hurt Bari when they sparred but the young dragon was better and stronger than the squire expected and the human ended up getting the worst of it. Refocusing on the training he completes the strikes, parries, and thrusts as demonstrated
Charlemagne wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:59 pm
Open Field Practice
Upon completing the class, he beckons the dragon forward. "My friend, you show a gift for physical combat, even beyond what I've seen from other dragons. It would be my honor to teach you the fundamentals of close fighting, which apply no matter the size of the combatant. I would offer you the chance to travel with us, if you will, to Fort Hope. There, I can continue your training, as well as introducing you to the broader world to round your experiences. You are not compelled to stay here, nor are you compelled to go with us. Even in accompanying us, you are not compelled to serve." He smiles at the dragon. "I simply wish to offer myself as an instructor, if you'll have me."
"The mother-voice taught me much of fighting while I was an egg, she said this world is very dangerous so I would very much like to learn more. She did not know much of weapons so could not teach that and I may need to fight when small." Grinning from ear to ear at the prospect of travelling with his new friends he continues. "I would love to go with you all, Mr. Thomas said you might let me. I can't stay here because it will cause trouble."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ashley Logan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:08 pm

"Leading her on, have you been paying attention? I am not leading anyone on. I would not do that with someone who had no choice anyways. what are you doing stalking me about, you don't have a secret crush on me also do you?

"Because if you do I do not date team members. I have been bitten by that drama more than once when by brother found out about me and... Well, I just do not do that."


Ashley's eyes open wide with indignation, but Vik stumbles in to save the day, diverting her ire quite handily.

For a second she looks back and forth between Thomas and Vik, then shakes her head.

"You know what? I don't know why I even..."

She turns and starts to stalk away, then abruptly turns back.

"I didn't SNEAK UP on you! I was going to talk to Charles, and he was just BETWEEN us! And I don't get crushes, or date anyone, team or not, so don't FLATTER yourself!"

Then Ashley looked back at Vik. "I have no idea what you were saying, but it sounded disgusting."

Her peace said, she headed back out in the direction Nazo and Charlemagne had gone, hoping to catch up with someone who would actually be pleasant to talk to.

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Charlemagne » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:31 pm

Charlemagne bows deeply. "It would be my pleasure to assume your training where your mother-voice completed her lessons. It is important to know that the fundamentals of combat remain the same, no matter your size. The same sweeping block..." He chuckles as he relaxes from almost demonstrating a defensive maneuver. "...A lesson for another time. Suffice to say, you'll be no trouble for us at Fort Hope. Welcome, Barinthasheer!" He offers a hand to the dragon to shake.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Karsk » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Barinthasheer wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:57 pm
((Karsk and Bari near the moat)))

Bari heads out to help Karsk and Toad pull the wrecked trailer from the moat.
Karsk wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:22 am
"Dragon, why do you wish to fight with us?" he asks Bari when the dragon comes over to see him as he telekinetically drags the gates back with Toad's help.
"I guess my people don't like each other much, or something, so we mostly find other kinds of people to be friends with. Even new dragons like me, we are left as eggs to hatch and find our own way. When I tried to make friends tho most people were afraid and either ran away or chased me off. Others wanted to hurt me or make me a pet. Mr. Vik and then the rest of you were the first people to be nice to me knowing what I am so I want to help you. And the town people are nice too, but I think figthing vampires helped that, some of them still seem a little afraid."
While this does seem to sadden the dragon a bit, he is still upbeat.
"You are a Simvan, right? The mom voice said some of your people can be mean, is it hard for you to make friends? Also how are you lifting that?
"Some might also consider Dragons good eating." Karsk doesn't add that he would be among that list

"Simvan are tribe, something humans do not understand. We have ways that serve us well; we hunt, we kill, we feed on our enemies. Very different than dragons. Simvan not around other Simvan is not usual.

Karsk switches his spear from one hand to another and sniffed the air; the arid desert air was not a place Karsk liked to hunt.

Karsk came because Lunch asked Karsk to. Lunch now gone, but Karsk honouring Lunch's memory."

Karsk looks back at the trailer currently hovering in mid air and being towed by Toad.

"Karsk use his mind. as if that explained everything,

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Charlemagne wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:31 pm
Charlemagne bows deeply. "It would be my pleasure to assume your training where your mother-voice completed her lessons. It is important to know that the fundamentals of combat remain the same, no matter your size. The same sweeping block..." He chuckles as he relaxes from almost demonstrating a defensive maneuver. "...A lesson for another time. Suffice to say, you'll be no trouble for us at Fort Hope. Welcome, Barinthasheer!" He offers a hand to the dragon to shake.
Now looking a bit worried Bari's eyes sweep the area, "Are you sure there are no other dragons around there? I didn't think there was one around here, but there is and she said I need to leave soon or she will make me." At Charlemagnes curious look the boy relates his encounter with another of his kind.

((The previous night))

After accompanying Nara back to the Magdalena's quarters at the end of her watch Bari wandered around town a bit lost in thought over human behavior. Why was Reynolds angry that he was now good friends with Nara? Did that somehow make the two humans less good of friends? And there was an odd moment tonight when Nara paused when giving him a goodnight hug, her eyes closed and lips pursed. When Bari released from the hug she seemed sad, or maybe disappointed. While his first instinct was to ask his pal Vik, the man would be well into his cups by now, adding slurred speach and jumbled thoughts to the already confusing patois' of archaic references and cockney accent.

Finding a place to sit and think before he heads off to sleep a bit himself, Bari looks up to find himself looking into the deep green eyes of a grey cat. Somewhat surprised as most animals tended to avoid him, he greets the cat before reaching to pet it. "Hello kitty cat, I am glad you are not afraid, may I pet you?" He reaches out to do so and the cat replies, not with the expected meow but in draconic.

"No you may not and I am no cat, child. I guess your mother failed to teach to respect another's territory as well as how to see magic?"

Amazed and confused to meet another dragon, his mind is overwhelmed with questions but foremost is why she(?) let the vampires run unchecked."If this is your territory, why did you not aid against the undead?"

With a haughty tilt of her feline head the dragoness replies "I take no interest in the affairs of lesser beings and I suggest you do the same, they are nothing but trouble. However I care not what you do. Only that you leave soon or I will make you and that may hurt the poor mortals you're associating with." With her peace said the unnamed dragoness turns and walks off into the shadows.
"So even if I was not going with you, I would have to go soon and I hope there are no hidden dragons near your fort."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Karsk wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:01 pm

"Some might also consider Dragons good eating." Karsk doesn't add that he would be among that list

"Simvan are tribe, something humans do not understand. We have ways that serve us well; we hunt, we kill, we feed on our enemies. Very different than dragons. Simvan not around other Simvan is not usual.

Karsk switches his spear from one hand to another and sniffed the air; the arid desert air was not a place Karsk liked to hunt.

Karsk came because Lunch asked Karsk to. Lunch now gone, but Karsk honouring Lunch's memory."

Karsk looks back at the trailer currently hovering in mid air and being towed by Toad.

"Karsk use his mind. as if that explained everything,
The dragons tone is thoughtful not offended or judgey "It is more the getting killed part that bothers me, getting eaten after is.. well beside the point I guess. Was Lunch a person or lunch, I suppose both huh? Well it is good to honor your friend. I hope we can be friends too Mr. Karsk, it's good to hear of things from a different view than the human one."

As he watches the simvan manipulate the floating trailer he is surprised at the answer.

"Wow, really?? I have mind powers too. I can heal and be better at things and turn imvisable! Not as neat as floating big metal things around tho. Wait, is that how Miss Ashley did the flying sword trick last night?! I'm gonna learn all kinds of cool things with you guys around!"
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Vik » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:28 pm

@Ryder hears a sound like a dying dog puking up a rotten possum hairball, and turns to see Vik limp-crawling toward the Cassowary, hauling his stained and dusty toolbox.

"Oy, mate what's got the big 'ol neck'n'head what drives the ... wheely-thing. Ol' Charles is wavin' his beak for said you wants me help, wif, like, doin' a thing to the wheely-thing?"

Vik has quite obviously been drinking, if the verb can accurately be used to describe the extent of his excess. His eyes are crossed, his underpants are hanging from the flap in the front of his armor and the very air around him is a fire hazard.

"Had a bit of a bender, I did, on 'count of what, I dunno, sadness, and jam. But's'right, s'right, jus' need a smidge of ... wait a tick. Gots the ... the medical-what, med'cin, right here."

Vik pulls out a device that looks disturbingly like a pneumatic nail gun. Bleary-eyed, he cocks his head and examines the barrel briefly before a clumsy thumb triggers the device, shooting a three-inch-long dart into his forehead (whether on purpose or by accident is difficult to tell). He falls backward like a clubbed seal, but sits up a moment later with clear (albeit bloodshot) eyes.

"Oh my ruddy boiled arse that smarts! Never have used it on meself, only sticking others in the bum and whatnot. Blazes, that'd get the Queen dancin on the table in her knickers, it would."

His bloodstream cleared of poison and now sober as a judge after application of the pneumatic needler of necessary nursing,, Vik picks himself off the ground and smiles innocently at Ryder.

"Don't s'pose you've got a bottle or six of water, mate? Been a bit un-diversified in what I been imbibing these last hours and days. Mite peckish, too. Oh right, the wheelie-thing. Charles-in-Charge says you wanna move the howdy-doo what was from the dewback and stick it on your Casio-cruiser, right? Reckon we can do that in a nick and still have time for a bite and a pint before bed, eh guv?"
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:58 pm

Ashley Logan wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:08 pm
"Leading her on, have you been paying attention? I am not leading anyone on. I would not do that with someone who had no choice anyways. what are you doing stalking me about, you don't have a secret crush on me also do you?

"Because if you do I do not date team members. I have been bitten by that drama more than once when by brother found out about me and... Well, I just do not do that."


Ashley's eyes open wide with indignation, but Vik stumbles in to save the day, diverting her ire quite handily.

For a second she looks back and forth between Thomas and Vik, then shakes her head.

"You know what? I don't know why I even..."

She turns and starts to stalk away, then abruptly turns back.

"I didn't SNEAK UP on you! I was going to talk to Charles, and he was just BETWEEN us! And I don't get crushes, or date anyone, team or not, so don't FLATTER yourself!"

Then Ashley looked back at Vik. "I have no idea what you were saying, but it sounded disgusting."

Her peace said, she headed back out in the direction Nazo and Charlemagne had gone, hoping to catch up with someone who would actually be pleasant to talk to.
Nazo sheathes her blazes and gathers he gear sadly spotting bottles of Sake scattered arround was beyod her radar’s acuity. However, a hot steaming Ash pinged loud and clear possibly even setting off her sense of danger. She yells,
”Arigatōgozaimashita”, to the fatherof the church and leaps down in front of ash giving little thought that the burster could flame up if so surprised.

She smiles keeping her hat drawn. She had not reveled herself as an Alaran to everyone yet. Just Vik and Charlemagne. Given how the magdalenas and some at the fort hope had treated her ahe was still wary. ”Kon'nichiwa.” Oops... After a moment she lets some psychic energy flow nridging the language barrier. ” My appologies Ash, Hello? Is something troubling you? Can I be of service?”

@Ashley Logan
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ashley Logan » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:46 pm

Ash paused when Nazo came plummeting down to land in front of her, and briefly wondered what it'd be like to walk around in a place where most people were normal and climbed stairs and got around the way normal people did again. Then again, those normal people hadn't exactly been great to her so...

She shrugged.

"I'm okay. I just made the mistake of trying to have a halfway sensible conversation with Thomas and Vik, and I paid the price for it."

The burster eyed Nazo for a moment, then added. "Charlesmagne thinks Thomas is chasing you or something...or that you're interested in him. I only caught the tail end of what he was saying. Is any of that true?"

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ryder » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:45 am

Ryder observes Vic's antics with a mixture of bemusement and awe. "Ah, yes, of course. Water, and then we use the howday to turn the Cassowary into a double-decker." He goes to the back of the truck, which has a large 50-gallon drum in it full of clean water, grabs a metal mug and fills it from the spout. "I always keep the drum full when traveling in Lone Star or the West--water's too scarce to rely on finding a stream or a town with a well all the time" He hands over the water.

"We'll probably also need to acquire some seating for the folks up top, but that can come after we get the framework up." The Trimadore brings out his toolset, and the two of them get to work once Vic's sufficiently hydrated.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Vik » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:31 am

"Right-o, mate. Bitta elbow grease, rebar an' red paint, and we'll have us a right proper Bristol Routemaster, we will. You do have red paint, don't yas? I mean, it's hell on fuel efficiency, but red ones go faster."

When the work moves from the conceptual stage to one requiring actual labor, Vik steps back and looks for his radio.

"Wait a tick. Might be a good time to ring old Barry the boy-dragon. I can't be entirely sure, what wif' various distractables what was bobbing around and like occupying my bloodstream and attentions, but I seem to recall he expressed some interest in travelin' wif' us and learning a trade. His embiggenin' trick could be handy 'fore we get to the lifting of things, and a bit of the ol' hands-on physical exertion is good for a lad when he's growing, my uncles always said. Why, my Uncle Mick was always setting me tasks of piling rocks and stacking boards while he was comforting my mum of a night, though he was a lazy git hisself. One time, I peeked in through a window and saw him giving me mum what you call a massage, only he was the one laying on his back and all and having her sit on his lap while he massaged her hips. Seemed a bit inefficient-like, y'ask me, but she was carrying on about how good he was doing it."

Finding his radio, he flips on the SET's channel:

<<Oy, Barry boy, I ain't sure what you've been given a radio, or know what a radio is on accounting you're a mite innocent and unblemished and all that, but if you do, why don't you point your snout toward the garage and me an' the ol' Ryder of the A-1 Casio-mobile will introduce you to the grand sport of liftin' engine blocks. Supposing Barry ain't on this frequency, please and thank you would one of you other members of this fine expeditionary force be a mate and give the draco-moppet a kick in the arse in the direction of garage? Eh, over and out. Oh, this is Vik, by the by. Uh, er godspeed and g'bye.>>
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:53 pm

Ashley Logan wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:46 pm
Ash paused when Nazo came plummeting down to land in front of her, and briefly wondered what it'd be like to walk around in a place where most people were normal and climbed stairs and got around the way normal people did again. Then again, those normal people hadn't exactly been great to her so...

She shrugged.

"I'm okay. I just made the mistake of trying to have a halfway sensible conversation with Thomas and Vik, and I paid the price for it."

The burster eyed Nazo for a moment, then added. "Charlesmagne thinks Thomas is chasing you or something...or that you're interested in him. I only caught the tail end of what he was saying. Is any of that true?"
Nazo has no eyes to eye Ashley back with but the way she cocks her head despite it being half covered by her wide brimmed black hat is enough to think she is giving Ash the “side-eye” in return. The truth must be given.
With a slight frown Nazo gives the question at hand thought. Finally with a slight hint of wishful thinking she responds, ”Thomas is pleasing to be around. He thinks of others first. He gives with little thought of himself. It is difficult for me to pick up on non-verbal clues. I thought...” Nazo pauses and her voice becomes more firm and filled with determination, ” It matters little what I thought. I appologize for my earlier outburst. There was a moment in the bell tower. A poignent moment of choice. Charlemagne had many words on how our potential romance would affect our unit. In the end Charlemagne offered his life in exchange for my happiness. I could not take it and I must live with not being worthy of Thomas’ love.” Nazo shivers and hangs her head with a small degree of sadness, ”If our circumstances allowed perhaps things would be different.”
@Ashley Logan
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ashley Logan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:11 pm

That seems to take the wind out of Ashley's sails. She just stares, crestfallen, at Nazo. Where do you go with a declaration like that?

"You..." are wrong "...and I have a very different idea of who Thomas is," she says delicately. Delicacy is an uneasy fit on her though, she's used to either speaking her mind or keeping quiet. Tact is hard.

"Not to mention, you literally just met him. Believe me, I get that it sucks feeling lonely, but you've gotta slow your jets. Otherwise you're going to find yourself in a bad situation with a guy..." like Thomas "...who doesn't deserve you. You know?"

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ryder » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Ryder nods at the suggestion to bring in some--or rather, a whole lot--of raw muscle. "Good idea. We can get him to move the howda over, as well. As for the red paint, I don't have any. Maybe Thomas could scrounge some up? He seems like the sort who is adept at that sort of thing." Somehow, he manages to resist any inclination to comment on the story of the massage.... He suspects that Vic's mother is a topic best left alone.
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Charlemagne » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Charlemagne's eyes perk up at the mention of another dragon. "You...have seen another dragon here? Pray, tell, did it offer a name or allegiance? I daresay an unaffiliated, or worse, adversarial dragon may be more than the knights and magdalenas can deal with. Even I would hesitate to engage an older dragon without an army at my back." His head drops, and a hand goes to his chin as he contemplates this new development. "Yet more to discuss with the leadership before our departure."
He shakes his head, driving the unpleasant thought from his head. "No matter. You may follow us until your heart leads you elsewhere. There is no sense in remaining here to be a target of another dragon."
At that, the static breaks, and Vik's particular lilt spews forth from Charlemagne's radio. He sighs, then musters a smile. "My friend, it seems your particular talents are needed in the garage. I assume...well, I hope that it is for a constructive purpose." He gestures towards the resting place of the Cassowary. "Would you like to follow me?"
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Charlemagne wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:58 pm
Charlemagne's eyes perk up at the mention of another dragon. "You...have seen another dragon here? Pray, tell, did it offer a name or allegiance? I daresay an unaffiliated, or worse, adversarial dragon may be more than the knights and magdalenas can deal with. Even I would hesitate to engage an older dragon without an army at my back." His head drops, and a hand goes to his chin as he contemplates this new development. "Yet more to discuss with the leadership before our departure."
He shakes his head, driving the unpleasant thought from his head. "No matter. You may follow us until your heart leads you elsewhere. There is no sense in remaining here to be a target of another dragon."
At that, the static breaks, and Vik's particular lilt spews forth from Charlemagne's radio. He sighs, then musters a smile. "My friend, it seems your particular talents are needed in the garage. I assume...well, I hope that it is for a constructive purpose." He gestures towards the resting place of the Cassowary. "Would you like to follow me?"
Nodding vigorously for a second the boy pauses, "Well, I guess I did not see her in dragon form so it could have been a talking cat or something besides a dragon that can change shape. But I am very sure she is what she said. She did not tell me her name and I asked why she did not fight vampires with us and she said she does not deal with "mortals". So while she is not nice, I do not think she will hurt people unless they go and bother her. She just wants me to leave because this is her territory and dragons don't like to be near one another." At that he shrugs in a matter of fact way as if that explains it all.

Even though he now knows, sort of anyway, about "talking hats" he is still entertained by them. At the offer of an escort he picks up a small satchel he'd recently acquired "Yes please, I do not know what a gar-ragge is so it would be faster if you showed me. Could I get one of those radio things? I would really like one in a hat but if it was for my human form it would spend most of the time... away? I lack the human words for where things go when I return to my nautural form. And I do not even know what would happen to a dragon sized hat when I turn human...that might hurt." As they walk the conversation shifts to Fort Hope. The boy is very curious about what it's like, the people, and the environment (once he learns that it's not also a desert).
Arriving at the garage the lad heads right to Vik, brimming with good news "Mr. Vik! I learned how to fight with a staff today! Also, even better, Sir Charlemagne said I may go to the fort with you guys!!" Bari gets a bit more serious and reaches into a satchel on his side, pulling out a jar of strawberry jam. "I got you this, I do not know if it has a cartoon on it so I hope it is sanitary and helps you be not sad."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Charlemagne » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:59 pm

Charlemagne nods as the dragon relates his experience. "That, then, can be our hope, that this other dragon wishes not to meddle. A dragon with a cross temper and a purpose counter to that of the denizens of New Alamo is a frightening prospect indeed." He straightens up, then smiles. "Let us speak no more of this for now. We shall see about getting you a radio you may use to speak with us apart from magic." Charlemagne leads the hatchling towards the garage, discussing the current layout of the fort, the strategic value of its location and defensible borders, vulnerabilities, and plans to shore up their defenses, all while making the place more hospitable to all kinds. "It is not unlike the vision I shared with the Pope for the whole of the Holy Roman Empire. It merely starts as one vassalage, but with steadfast resolve, courage, and blessings from on high, it may turn into its own bulwark against the advance of the tides of evil."
As he arrives with Bari at the garage, he marvels at the childlike innocence and kindness in finding what looks like an item of sentimental value to the techno-wizard. Such is the hope of our future, if we can steer it properly.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ryder » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:10 am

Ryder sticks his head out from underneath the truck when the boy-dragon and Charlemagne arrive, apparently bearing a gift of... jam? I really wonder if I'm ever going to understand these people....

Aloud, the Trimadore is more on-task. "Hello, sir, Bari. We've figured out the work that needs doing. Bari, we'll need you to lift out the engine block once I'm finished disconnectit it--we've got to adjust the settings to handle the extra weight without overcooking. Fortunately, the Cassowary has a strong heart, so we'll be fine. After we've got the engine in place, we'll have you set the howdah on top of the truck so we can affix it."

He looks up at the Lyn-Srial. "She'll be traveling a bit slower than usual, sir, and the handling'll be off, but so long as we don't end up in a drag race, I think we'll be fine. I do think the team should mostly be up top, other than myself and Ashley, during the trip." He pauses. "Actually, if any of the refugees know how to drive, we might want Ash up top, too. Had to pull off all the guns, so the topsiders are the truck's weapons if we get into trouble, you see? And I saw enough to know Ash can be heavy artillery when she wants to."

He considers for a bit more. "There are a few things it would be good to have you and Thomas take care of. The topsiders won't be environmentally secure nor armored, so anyone who is sick or less fit should get priority for the inside--can you start sorting who gets seated where among the refugees with that in mind? If any of them are comfortable with rifles, they should be on the edges of the howdah, so we can have them assist in any shootouts. And it would be great if Thomas could chat up the locals and see if we can get some sort of seating, so folks don't just have to ride sitting on a metal sheet. We'll also want a bunch of sheets that we can hang from the roof of the howdah, like curtains or the sides of an old covered wagon. If we do run into trouble, they can be lowered so that people have concealment, even if they don't have armor, and a few holes can be cut so our people can see and shoot out."

He taps a long, narrow finger against his chin for a moment. "I think that's... oh, one more thing--Vic says we need a large supply of red paint, if it can be found."
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Vik » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:44 pm

Barinthasheer wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:40 pm
Arriving at the garage the lad heads right to Vik, brimming with good news "Mr. Vik! I learned how to fight with a staff today! Also, even better, Sir Charlemagne said I may go to the fort with you guys!!" Bari gets a bit more serious and reaches into a satchel on his side, pulling out a jar of strawberry jam. "I got you this, I do not know if it has a cartoon on it so I hope it is sanitary and helps you be not sad."
"Normally I'd say to leave working the pole to the ladies, I would, but there's times for taking things in hand, right as that, and a boy's gotta get a start somewhere," Vik says, nodding along as the dragon gushes.

Vik stands blank-faced when Barry presents the jar of jam, although the non-committal expression appears as fragile as a sheet of tissue paper and his eyes glitter with unshed tears.

"Well that's, ahem, like right, um ... yer a, yer a right proper mate, lad. Hafta, well, whatever I can ... oy, poncy rat-crackers, think I musta got some of that devil sand in my peepers, I did. Just gonna go give it a quick wash with some bleach or what not, just a tick here ..." he manages to say before rushing out of the garage.

He returns, red-eyed but serene (and down another charge from the needler) as talk returns to the red paint.

"Yar, gotta get some of the ol' crimson pigments, s'truth, adds like, percentages to overall speed and reduces friction and all. Get us home in no time, the Casio-mobile will, if we can get a stripe or three on it."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Karsk » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:25 am

Barinthasheer wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:23 pm
The dragons tone is thoughtful not offended or judgey "It is more the getting killed part that bothers me, getting eaten after is.. well beside the point I guess. Was Lunch a person or lunch, I suppose both huh? Well it is good to honor your friend. I hope we can be friends too Mr. Karsk, it's good to hear of things from a different view than the human one."

As he watches the simvan manipulate the floating trailer he is surprised at the answer.

"Wow, really?? I have mind powers too. I can heal and be better at things and turn imvisable! Not as neat as floating big metal things around tho. Wait, is that how Miss Ashley did the flying sword trick last night?! I'm gonna learn all kinds of cool things with you guys around!"
"Lunch was initially lunch to Karsk," Karsk explains as if Bari should know who Lunch was, "but after we killed Coalition, lunch became Lunch."

"Ash psychic like Karsk, but opposite. Ash use fire, Karsk use water. Karsk concentrates for few seconds and there is a brief rumble in the ground before a spurt of water burst from the sun baked ground.

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:44 am

((At the moat))
Karsk wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:25 am

"Lunch was initially lunch to Karsk," Karsk explains as if Bari should know who Lunch was, "but after we killed Coalition, lunch became Lunch."

"Ash psychic like Karsk, but opposite. Ash use fire, Karsk use water. Karsk concentrates for few seconds and there is a brief rumble in the ground before a spurt of water burst from the sun baked ground.
After a second to parse which uses of lunch were small l and which were big L, the boy-dragon nods. "Fighting mean people together seems to do that. I kind of wish I had learned that sooner but then I may not have come here and met you guys."

He listens to the simvan explain that he and Ash are psychics and then watches intently as Karsk pulls water from the dry earth. Trying to "see" the energy of the process. "That must be very helpful if your people need water like humans do. Can you "see" the energy you use? I was told I should have been taught that but I can not."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Charlemagne » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:09 am

Charlemagne nods along with Ryder as he explains the modifications to the vehicle. "Your assessment makes sense. I shall be aloft as much as my constitution allows. My own personal disdain for lobbing darts at range against our enemies does not extend to my tactical decisions. It shall be as you say."
He continues listening, while still taking note of Vik's episode with the jam. He says nothing of it, but continues to address Ryder. "Thomas, I'm certain, has made great headway in making arrangements with our traveling guests. We shall assess who may have some skill with the wheel and who may have some skill with the projectile. I do think you may face some difficulty convincing Thomas to remove himself from the primary crew cab of the vehicle, though." The lyn-srial laughs. "The man does relish his creature comforts."
At the mention of red paint, Charlemagne seems stymied. "Of all the things...what does dye have to do with converting the vehicle to a refugee wagon? Is he intending camouflage? Red seems a poor color choice in that regard. Still..." He lets out a sigh. "I shall see myself if the town has a stockpile of pigment." He scratches idly at the back of his head, bows, then turns towards the bay door. He stops short, then turns around. "I thank you, Ryder, for your flexibility in these matters. Is there anything else you may need?"
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ryder » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:21 am

Ryder chuckles. "Not entirely sure the purpose of the paint, myself; I think it might be part of the mystic mumbo-jumbo that comes along with working with a Techno-wizard. Not my first time accommodating strange material requests--once had to deliver a crate full of old handheld electronic games to a guy in Stormspire; heard he later used them to make a machine to call lightning from the sky." He shrugs. "And for that matter, not the first time I've had to do a refit on the Cassowary--nor is this the ugliest one I've had to do. Sometimes transporting through nasty turf means looking nasty yourself."

He considers. "That said, I don't think we'll need much more than I've mentioned for this job. We'll want to undo most of this once we get back to this Fort you've all been talking about, of course; the Cassowary will be riding low and slow until then, and I'd like to get her weapons back online ASAP. But we should be good for the time being."
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:30 am

Ashley Logan wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:11 pm
That seems to take the wind out of Ashley's sails. She just stares, crestfallen, at Nazo. Where do you go with a declaration like that?

"You..." are wrong "...and I have a very different idea of who Thomas is," she says delicately. Delicacy is an uneasy fit on her though, she's used to either speaking her mind or keeping quiet. Tact is hard.

"Not to mention, you literally just met him. Believe me, I get that it sucks feeling lonely, but you've gotta slow your jets. Otherwise you're going to find yourself in a bad situation with a guy..." like Thomas "...who doesn't deserve you. You know?"
Why would she say such a thing? Does she want him for her self? Is he disfigured horribly? Nazo bit back her toungue considering her options. A fight here and now over unprofessed feelings would go against her current master’s wishes. Besides there was the outside chance ash was being honest. An honest answer will do. Still hiding her Altara features beneather her wide brimm hat she smiles, ” I promised our current master that their would be no sex until I am released from my duty here.” She spins a blade in her hand and then resheathes it, ” I have much to prove and learn. I will do my best to quell the fire that beats in my heart for the glory that is Thomas.”

She motions towards the garage where the others have gathered, ” I am not ready to join them yet, would you tell me a tale of your heart? How do you deny that which yearns? In my country those that can control the flame are passionate beyond belief. I feel I could learn much from you.”
@Ashley Logan
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:36 am

Vik wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:44 pm
Vik stands blank-faced when Barry presents the jar of jam, although the non-committal expression appears as fragile as a sheet of tissue paper and his eyes glitter with unshed tears.

"Well that's, ahem, like right, um ... yer a, yer a right proper mate, lad. Hafta, well, whatever I can ... oy, poncy rat-crackers, think I musta got some of that devil sand in my peepers, I did. Just gonna go give it a quick wash with some bleach or what not, just a tick here ..." he manages to say before rushing out of the garage.
Did I make him sad again? Maybe I should have tried to find tatties(?) too Unsure of the situation he instead turns and listens to the logistical talk between Ryder and Chalemagne. Hello Mr. Ryder, sir. I will be glad to help lift your engines and howdah. Are you named that for being a driving person, like how Mr. Karsks friend Lunch was going to be food?" Looking at the parts and tools scattered about with interest "Did all this come off your truck-machine? It seems like a lot, can the truck go without all this? I wonder if there are trucks for dragons somewhere, that would be more nice than a radio-hat."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ryder » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:45 am

Ryder smiles at the Dragon-kid's benign curiosity. "Yeah, all these either came off of it, or were used to take those bits off. Some of 'em, we can run without, they just make it a bit smoother, normally. This trip'll be a bit bumpier than usual because we're putting more weight on it. You ever try to fly when you're carrying as much as you can? It'll be a bit like that for the Cassowary, this trip.

He laughs at the question about his name, and the comment about 'Lunch'. "Well, it's technically a nickname. So yeah, it's because of that. I haven't used my given name in many years, honestly--in my line of work, sometimes it's better to make a clean break with your origin."
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:11 am

Ryder wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:45 am
Ryder smiles at the Dragon-kid's benign curiosity. "Yeah, all these either came off of it, or were used to take those bits off. Some of 'em, we can run without, they just make it a bit smoother, normally. This trip'll be a bit bumpier than usual because we're putting more weight on it. You ever try to fly when you're carrying as much as you can? It'll be a bit like that for the Cassowary, this trip.

He laughs at the question about his name, and the comment about 'Lunch'. "Well, it's technically a nickname. So yeah, it's because of that. I haven't used my given name in many years, honestly--in my line of work, sometimes it's better to make a clean break with your origin."
"I have never tried to carry things when flying but sometimes there is.. He looks to be searching for a word for a second ..bouncieness in the air. I have also never been in a truck, it looks fun. Were you not always a hero like Sir Charlemagne and Mr. Vik? It's ok if you were not, I used to be scared and run away from bad things but now I help people." He gives the operator a reassuring smile. Step away from the group, he assumes his natural form. "What is this engine I need to lift?"
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ryder » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:37 am

He blinks. "Hero? I'm not sure I fit that description just yet. And until very recently, I was... well, it was complicated. I did a lot of things, good and bad. I was what they call a 'smuggler'. See, when people in charge start setting up rules, one of the first things they do is decide what sorts of things they don't want to be traded freely. For instance, up in the Coalition, they say people can't traffic magic items or books. Or sometimes, there's people who want to get someplace, and someone else--usually someone with a lot of firepower--wants to stop them. So, people would hire me to get things from one place to another, past the various folks trying to prevent that from happening. Now, I never did the really bad stuff. But I usually didn't care who I was working for, so some of them probably were not nice people. It's possible, looking back, that I helped something bad happen without trying to. So, yeah, I'm not really a hero. Not sure what I am, frankly, other than 'Here, and moving forward'. That might have to be enough."

He shakes his head after that soliloquy. "Right, the engine. Just lemme get this last bolt... Okay." The Trimadore slides out from underneath the truck again. "Okay, here." He points at the engine block. "You need to lift this as carefully as you can--can you do that without digging in your claws? Things could get a bit... messy if you puncture it--and set it down on that tarp over there. If you're not sure about the claws, then we can rig it up with a pulley, so you can just tug on the chain and heft it that way."
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:22 pm

Ryder wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:37 am
He blinks. "Hero? I'm not sure I fit that description just yet. And until very recently, I was... well, it was complicated. I did a lot of things, good and bad. I was what they call a 'smuggler'. See, when people in charge start setting up rules, one of the first things they do is decide what sorts of things they don't want to be traded freely. For instance, up in the Coalition, they say people can't traffic magic items or books. Or sometimes, there's people who want to get someplace, and someone else--usually someone with a lot of firepower--wants to stop them. So, people would hire me to get things from one place to another, past the various folks trying to prevent that from happening. Now, I never did the really bad stuff. But I usually didn't care who I was working for, so some of them probably were not nice people. It's possible, looking back, that I helped something bad happen without trying to. So, yeah, I'm not really a hero. Not sure what I am, frankly, other than 'Here, and moving forward'. That might have to be enough."

He shakes his head after that soliloquy. "Right, the engine. Just lemme get this last bolt... Okay." The Trimadore slides out from underneath the truck again. "Okay, here." He points at the engine block. "You need to lift this as carefully as you can--can you do that without digging in your claws? Things could get a bit... messy if you puncture it--and set it down on that tarp over there. If you're not sure about the claws, then we can rig it up with a pulley, so you can just tug on the chain and heft it that way."
He listens to Ryders self description and his draconic face takes on a look of certainty. "You helped bring people here from a fire, then you stayed to fight the vampires, and now you do a bunch of work so your truck can take people to the fort. You are a hero now, no matter what you did before." Turning his attention to the engine he examines the compartment. "Hmm, I do not think I can get my fingers in there. If it had straps like my satchel I could pull it out safely."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Charlemagne
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Charlemagne » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Charlemagne nods. "You have put aside your own designs for the good of the group well enough. The garage facilities at Fort Hope shall be at your disposal to mend what you've done here." He head-bobs towards Vik. "He has overseen, as much as he could, the design and construction of the garage. Despite his...unique personality quirks, he does have a head for machinery." He smiles. "I believe you will find it satisfactory. Anything you lack, upon arrival, submit a requisition to Thomas. We will acquire it." With that, the knight stands back and watches the dragon in action.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ashley Logan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:48 pm

Ashley's cheeks reddened at Nazo's question. Prosek's balls, this wasn't a conversation she wanted to have...but, she'd kind of walked into it, hadn't she? She'd gotten her nose into Nazo's personal issues, so she couldn't exactly complain if Nazo was returning the favor.

"I just try to remember there's two basic kinds of guys in the world, I guess," Ash replied. "There's good guys, and bad ones. From a personal relationship angle, I mean. Bad guys aren't for me. I've had enough of that kind of thing in my life. And good guys..." She shrugged. "I'm not for them."

"For what it's worth, I think Thomas is a bad guy...again, from a relationship point of view. I mean, all that stuff about not dating team members and all that, totally valid too...but even if he wasn't part of the team, you could still do better. Just saying."

There was more she wanted to say too. Admonish Nazo maybe, for making the same mistake literally everyone did; Confusing Ash for her powers. If she had a credit for everytime someone said, 'I heard bursters are like...' she could just buy Chi-Town out from under the Proseks. Everyone saw her as just as kind of psychic artillery piece. They had no idea what Ash had to deal with...or didn't care.

But if she got on Nazo's case over that, she'd have to go after everyone. And then she'd be back on her own again, grubbing for merc work. Ugh. And Nazo meant well, Ash thought. When she was sober at least.

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Vik » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:22 pm

Vik stares at everyone in utter disbelief, unable to process the collective ignorance.

"Why do we need pigment? Why do we need ... I mean, they really don't teach you anyfing anymore, do they? Is it the post-apocky-lipstick bit, or being Yanks, or wot?"

Then, slowly and over-loudly, he explains:

"Like they teach all the numpty young'uns at the corner G-Dubz when they're hawking Spesh Muhreens and Orkses ... Red Ones Go Faster."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ryder » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:09 pm

As Vik explains the significance of the color red, Ryder nods to Bari and starts working on getting the straps around the engine block; his long limbs make the work much easier than it might have been otherwise, as he is able to pass the straps through and around quite smoothly. Once done, he nods, and motions to the clasp at the top of the strap-harness. "There you go--just grab there and lift, straight up, over and down. You should probably test the weight first--just tug on it while steadily increasing the force until it starts to shift. While I'm pretty sure you can manage the lifting easily enough, it's a good idea to be sure of your balance when picking up something that massive. Be a shame if you fell over."
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Karsk
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Karsk » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:22 am

Barinthasheer wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:44 am
((At the moat))
After a second to parse which uses of lunch were small l and which were big L, the boy-dragon nods. "Fighting mean people together seems to do that. I kind of wish I had learned that sooner but then I may not have come here and met you guys."

He listens to the simvan explain that he and Ash are psychics and then watches intently as Karsk pulls water from the dry earth. Trying to "see" the energy of the process. "That must be very helpful if your people need water like humans do. Can you "see" the energy you use? I was told I should have been taught that but I can not."
Karsk looks at Bari and his size and appearance.

"Lots of humans find us scary. Might not have changed anything." he says shrugging, "might have made more people run away."

Karsk looks around, trying to decide how he perceives the world.
"Karsk can see in the dark without powers. Can just do so. Karsk can't see energy. Karsk just feel energy. Karsk think how you use your powers depends on how you perceive the world. Karsk feels things, not see them."

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:12 am

Karsk wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:22 am
Barinthasheer wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:44 am
((At the moat))
After a second to parse which uses of lunch were small l and which were big L, the boy-dragon nods. "Fighting mean people together seems to do that. I kind of wish I had learned that sooner but then I may not have come here and met you guys."

He listens to the simvan explain that he and Ash are psychics and then watches intently as Karsk pulls water from the dry earth. Trying to "see" the energy of the process. "That must be very helpful if your people need water like humans do. Can you "see" the energy you use? I was told I should have been taught that but I can not."
Karsk looks at Bari and his size and appearance.

"Lots of humans find us scary. Might not have changed anything." he says shrugging, "might have made more people run away."

Karsk looks around, trying to decide how he perceives the world.
"Karsk can see in the dark without powers. Can just do so. Karsk can't see energy. Karsk just feel energy. Karsk think how you use your powers depends on how you perceive the world. Karsk feels things, not see them."
"I guess you are right, I really do not understand humanoids well yet. I too can see in the dark. And since I feed on magic energy I can feel it around me.. Maybe I should be trying to feel it better instead of seeing it." Bari closes his eyes and concentrates on the sensation of the worlds PPE coursing around him. After a few moments he begins to be able to make out different "flavors" and "smells" in the energy field. It sharpens further and he is able to discern the simvans aura and the wisps of telekinetic power that trail off Karsk and up to the floating trailer as well as others linking the monster rider to his mount. Opening his eyes he "looks" around with his newly learned ability. "This is amazing! Thank you Mr. Karsk for helping me! And Toad, I am very glad we did not have to fight when the vampires attacked."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:35 pm

[/b][/color]
Vik wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:22 pm
Vik stares at everyone in utter disbelief, unable to process the collective ignorance.

"Why do we need pigment? Why do we need ... I mean, they really don't teach you anyfing anymore, do they? Is it the post-apocky-lipstick bit, or being Yanks, or wot?"

Then, slowly and over-loudly, he explains:

"Like they teach all the numpty young'uns at the corner G-Dubz when they're hawking Spesh Muhreens and Orkses ... Red Ones Go Faster."
"Would I be faster than a not red dragon because my scales are red or would I need it to be painted on?"

Ryder wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:09 pm
As Vik explains the significance of the color red, Ryder nods to Bari and starts working on getting the straps around the engine block; his long limbs make the work much easier than it might have been otherwise, as he is able to pass the straps through and around quite smoothly. Once done, he nods, and motions to the clasp at the top of the strap-harness. "There you go--just grab there and lift, straight up, over and down. You should probably test the weight first--just tug on it while steadily increasing the force until it starts to shift. While I'm pretty sure you can manage the lifting easily enough, it's a good idea to be sure of your balance when picking up something that massive. Be a shame if you fell over."
He listens carefully to the operators advice. Setting a wide stance and using his tail to help counterbalance. After a test pull he lifts the engine up and out, placing it gently where indicated. "There you go Mr. Ryder. Can I watch you and Mr. Vik work on it?" He snakes his head into the now empty engine compartment "It is all very complex and shiny huh? Did your mother-voices teach you guys about it?"
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Ryder » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:56 am

Ryder chuckles and nods. "Sure, Bari, you can feel free to watch, ask questions. We might need you to some more lifting, too." As he gets to work, he shakes his head. "Nah, most of us don't get... 'mother voices' like that. We get taught some stuff when we're children--you know, like you've seen here--and then more when we go into the world to fnd for ourselves."
Ryder
Quick Stats
Trimadore MARS PCO (Smuggler)
Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (d12+3 Armor), Vigor d6
Skills: Boating d6+2; Climbing d4+2; Driving d12+2; Fighting d6; Know: Electronics d6; Know: Engineering d6; Lockpicking d8+2; Notice d6+2 (+2 w/Traps); Piloting d6+2; Repair d8+2 (+2 for Traps); Shooting d12 (+2 Armor); Stealth d6 (+2 Urban); Streetwise: d4
Pace: 8/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 20 (10); Strain: 5; Reach: 1
Edges: Brave, Level-Headed, Mr. Fix-It, Ace, Combat Ace, Danger Sense, Rock'n'Roll, Steady Hands, Elan, Connections: Black Market (Immortal Hand) & Pirate Kingdoms, Thief, Brawny
Hindrances: Major Wanted: Federation of Magic, Quirk: Personal Coda, Stubborn
  • Cybernetics:
    Subject Matter Port, Wired Skill Port (No chips), EDSA, Cy-Wi Reflexes
Bennies: 10/6
  • Q1/19 Adventure Cards:
    Last Stand - Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
    Peace - Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
Aeon Cassowary (Mountaineer Mk II)
Size 6, Acc/TS 10/50 (Maximum speed 120 mph), Handling +1
Toughness 31 (16) MDC; Crew 2+8
All-Terrain (2 squares Difficult Terrain = 3" movement), Environmental Systems (FEP for occupants), Sensor Suite (+2 to Notice rolls)
Weapons: Mini Railgun, Solar Laser Cannon (Medium)

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Vik » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Barinthasheer wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:35 pm
"Would I be faster than a not red dragon because my scales are red or would I need it to be painted on?"
"Course, you got the pygmy-tation, what makes you a right prince of your kind there, Barry. Paint's just a way for those wif' less natural fortunes to even it up a bit, like when the dancing birds at the local nickles-for-nipples toss a bit of polish on their toes and paint their lips and tips wif' a bit of roguish rouge, like."
Barinthasheer wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:35 pm
"It is all very complex and shiny huh? Did your mother-voices teach you guys about it?"
"Righto guv, complex and shiny. As for mother-voices, me mum never gave lessons on where to point a carburetor or the proper astronomical shine-factor for aluminium, or nuffin like, though I used ta fancy I could hear her like lecturin' and finger-wagging when I was up to fings what the old church-book had on the "thou shalt not" list, like nicking trainers or squeezing the bishop. Bit unsettlin' like, when you're ears deep in some bird's knickers and ol' mum starts shooshing and shaming from the back seat of your brain. Had a mate tho who dated some bird what was into like, psycho-therap-ing, and explained mental victual-izations. That worked a treat after I started imagining stuffing like cotton in my ears, or once had to stuff a fat Bichon Frizzy over top of mum's head like a big muff. Stopped talking in me head then, she did."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+2), Vigor d6 +2
Charisma: -; Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (8) or 21 (12) with amulet;
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d6, Persuasion d4, Common Knowledge d10
Edges and Abilities of Note: Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to rolls with electronics and machines, +2 with arcane devices. Doubled out of combat); Master of Magic.
PPE: 10/20
Active Effects: +4d Shooting, +1d Agility, +2 Pace; quickness
Adventure Cards: 37 Villainous Verbosity: Play to make an opposing Wild Card lose his next action by gloating or talking about his master plan; 33 Extra Effort: Play to add +1d6 to any trait roll. This roll may Ace.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Nazo pops her head into the garage she seems ready for war. Her armor is well situated and opaque. She has a blade in each hand. One seems to glow with a holy divine power and the other a shorter dagger is etheral. She cocks her head slighty unable to tell who is exactly in the garage. But it is clear she heard vik’s talk about mums. ” Well said Vik, mums and all. Sorry about before, killing the lamp shade and all. In my country the cry that Oni are loose is a cry that must be heeded... Ummm...” She sides close to the dragon lightly hopping up to its ear and whispers to @Barinthasheer ”It is hard for me to tell... Is Thomas here?”
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Barinthasheer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:42 pm

Nazo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:56 pm
Nazo pops her head into the garage she seems ready for war. Her armor is well situated and opaque. She has a blade in each hand. One seems to glow with a holy divine power and the other a shorter dagger is etheral. She cocks her head slighty unable to tell who is exactly in the garage. But it is clear she heard vik’s talk about mums. ” Well said Vik, mums and all. Sorry about before, killing the lamp shade and all. In my country the cry that Oni are loose is a cry that must be heeded... Ummm...” She sides close to the dragon lightly hopping up to its ear and whispers to @Barinthasheer ”It is hard for me to tell... Is Thomas here?”
"I am sorry for causing a false alarm. I have much to learn of humans." Eyeing her weapons warily, for he's still unsure of the warrior woman's intentions, he answers her whisper with one of his own. "He is not, but when I spoke with him several hours ago he looked to be going to make more sun rocks. I hope you are not going to stab him."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 34 (16)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 5/10; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Seswarick, Barinthasheer, Antipas, Harris LaVode

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: Interlude: New Alamo Triumphant!

Post by Nazo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Barinthasheer wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:42 pm
Nazo wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:56 pm
Nazo pops her head into the garage she seems ready for war. Her armor is well situated and opaque. She has a blade in each hand. One seems to glow with a holy divine power and the other a shorter dagger is etheral. She cocks her head slighty unable to tell who is exactly in the garage. But it is clear she heard vik’s talk about mums. ” Well said Vik, mums and all. Sorry about before, killing the lamp shade and all. In my country the cry that Oni are loose is a cry that must be heeded... Ummm...” She sides close to the dragon lightly hopping up to its ear and whispers to @Barinthasheer ”It is hard for me to tell... Is Thomas here?”
"I am sorry for causing a false alarm. I have much to learn of humans." Eyeing her weapons warily, for he's still unsure of the warrior woman's intentions, he answers her whisper with one of his own. "He is not, but when I spoke with him several hours ago he looked to be going to make more sun rocks. I hope you are not going to stab him."
Nazo sheathes her weapons now that she knows those in the garage are not vampires or other demons. She pouts slightly at the news that Thomas is not around. Something is still bothering her about this whole ordeal and she takes a moment to voice her concerns, ” I have already spoken to Charlemaigne and he assures me the saftey of Fort New Hope must take precidence over any other action. But I cannot help but wonder if not chasing after count Atrocities is a mistake. It is clear he is a threat and from what I understand has a long reach to influence events out here. Are all of you as dead set on returning to Fort New Hope as well? I was thinking perhaps I could go alone, but I would rather have you as companions than not.”
Combat info
Toughness: 27(18)MD, Parry: 7, Pace: 8
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick
Ppe: 25/25, Isp: 10/30
Active Powers: Mega Armor +10 MD


Bennies: 2/3
+1 post rate
-1 quick combat
-1 for armor power

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”