3.1 Northern Exposure

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: October 22, 109 PA
Time: 0800
Weather: Normal for season (cool); no wind; no rain
Location: Fort Hope
Ley Line: Yes
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Daylight
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0
Pay
Everyone gets another week of pay.
Thomas: Sergeant (team leader) (720 cr/week)
Ashley: Corporal (495 cr/week)
Vik: Specialist 2nd Class (495 cr/week)
Nazo: Legionnaire (450 cr/week)
Ryder: Legionnaire (450 cr/week)
Barinthasheer: Legionnaire (300 cr/week)
Zephrim Ouri: Legionnaire (450 cr/week)
Activity around the fort the last few days had increased. A load of equipment had arrived by barge and was loaded onto a flatbed trailer, and the Trailblazers were told to report to briefing the next morning.

Lt. Winston puffed his cigar as he surveyed the large map on the table. “Got another long distance jaunt for yeh,” the bulldogboy said. “North this time. Legion wants to install a communications outpost. Some of the refugees from Tolkeen went north. Understandable. Directly away from the Coalition Army. And then west. Straight for the Xiticix Hivelands. They figure if any of them have radios, we can warn them off. Be a good way to have some early warning on hive activity, too, if we need it. An observation post, as it were.”

Winston pointed to a location on the map, south of the Winnipeg Hiveland. “Small village called Altona. Supposedly there’s a Tundra Ranger keeping an eye on things. Your job is to haul the supplies up and erect the radio tower. Camouflage it if you can, but I figure you shouldn’t have much Coalition trouble that far west and close to the Hivelands, though you’ll want to be careful of Fort Sioux on your way north. Job should take a week to do. Any questions?”
Instructions
***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

Ryder looks over the map route, considering, already tallying resources and such. "How close are we actually getting to the hivelands? Should we be expecting to encounter the bugs ourselves? Oh, and can we get an extra week's supply of food? Once we're in the Great White North, I don't want us going all Donner Party if we get snowed in for a few days."
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Nazo hiccuped putting down her bottle(water), her balance was off but the new hat Vik had made her had given her as much pleasure as a hat could. Her spirits were better than ever and she had a feeling this trip would be an amazing opportunity. One thing though was bothering her despite her pleasure centers being constantly assaulted in a good way. She happily said, ”Winston my painted little pony, what about my dear friend of a friend? Surely you must have noticed with you gleaming draw so cute eyes that Liz is missing? Despite the clear and present fun in your mission briefing, I really think we need to find Liz... Unless you have already found her or know what happened to her.” She held back on implying too much that Winston had killed her even though she was roughly certain that was the case. Despite Winston’s vague pony shape and cute eyes he had never treated women fairly and most likely had disappeared Liz. At least that was how she saw it.

She even managed to whisper to @Ryder, who apparently was at the meeting, ”I love that really long neck... Lets compare notes so I can try to make my own a bit longer.”
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Ryder wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:10 am
Ryder looks over the map route, considering, already tallying resources and such. "How close are we actually getting to the hivelands? Should we be expecting to encounter the bugs ourselves? Oh, and can we get an extra week's supply of food? Once we're in the Great White North, I don't want us going all Donner Party if we get snowed in for a few days."
Thomas nodded in agreement. "Excellent thinking likewise we will need cold weather gear in case of other troubles." Then when Nazo started talking Thomas head snapped up.
Nazo wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:17 am
"Surely you must have noticed with you gleaming draw so cute eyes that Liz is missing? Despite the clear and present fun in your mission briefing, I really think we need to find Liz... Unless you have already found her or know what happened to her.”
Not sure if this was another insane ramble from the warrior or something important Thomas was not willing to take a risk. "What are you talking about Nazo?" This is to important a matter for Thomas to let slide. "Liz should be on a supply run. Do you have reason to believe otherwise?"
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Nazo had many reasons to suspect Winston of foul play or Liz being conveniently drowned in the river. However she sighed as the pleasure hat took her for a ride and mumbled, ” If she is back, I must be mistaken...”
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

Ryder twists his neck as he tilts his head @Nazo's comment, more than a tad confused. "My... neck? I did not do anything to get it, it was how I was born, like all my kind. I'm afraid I don't have many notes on that process."
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ashley Logan »

"Nazo," Ashley sighed, "Please tell me you didn't show up to a briefing drunk? Or on something else? We need everyone focused here."

She turns and bends over to look at the map more closely.

"Any settlements we're passing close to on the way? Might be nice to ask the locals if there's been any activity from the hives before we start setting up. Also, who's going to be manning the radio tower when we leave?"

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Ashley Logan wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:37 pm
"Nazo," Ashley sighed, "Please tell me you didn't show up to a briefing drunk? Or on something else? We need everyone focused here."

She turns and bends over to look at the map more closely.

"Any settlements we're passing close to on the way? Might be nice to ask the locals if there's been any activity from the hives before we start setting up. Also, who's going to be manning the radio tower when we leave?"
Nazo snapped too, ” I have not needed alcohol to make the horrors of this world bearable ever since Vik gave me this pleasure helmet. Did I ever tell you I was a sexy Altara, and hey you are a cute little spitfire aren’t you?” She is like a cute little doll that papa would get me. Yeah Nazo was super sexy and the helmet just confirmed it with a slight rumble. Her backpack rustled and clanked as she continued to explain things to cute little Ash. ” I was just asking the Grim Reaper, if he had seen or heard of Liz’s return. Last we checked she had not come back. I would much rather take care of our own before trekking out... Maybe I am wrong... Would not be the first nor the last.” She seemed to take it all in stride and was generally upbeat when suggesting something bad might have had happened to Liz.

Ryder if he could feel radar would have felt an intense array of alataran senses upon his majestic neck...
Attachments
Helmet’s depiction of Ash...  Blame Vik
Helmet’s depiction of Ash... Blame Vik
75D672BC-94E0-4A10-AA10-1D1939FE149F.jpeg (20.43 KiB) Viewed 8897 times
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Thomas looks frustrated. Nazo is as high as a kite on whatever Vik had done to that helmet. "Nazo, we need you to take off the helmet so you can think clearly. This is not the place or time for that." What was this world coming to when he was the one expected to adult.
"We need clear heads and this constant stupor is unfitting of someone of your caliber Nazo."
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

"Now wait a tick, Tommy, no need to get all hasty-tasty," Vik says. He starts to put an arm around the Altara's shoulders, then remembers the hungry shadow-beast in her pack and thinks better of it.

"Ol' Naz is just getting a peep at the sunny side, like, 'stead of wallowing in the deep an' dark and suicidal, if you take my subtle drift. Just needs a bit of guidin', that's all. I mean, tell it true, would you rather have a bird at your back what's gone all extra-stential angst an' like, 'let it burn and have great honkin' dewbacks munch on our rotting nethers,' or a bird what's willing to skip through a battlefield for ya whilst stopping for the occasional sniff of some bloody roses?"
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

Ryder's brow furrows. "I don't have any opinion about the helmet, but if Nazo is worried about one of the residents here, it does seem reasonable to check up on her if we can. Surely, given the psychic and magical might of this group, someone could take steps to determine the woman's current status before we leave? If she's fine, then Nazo will be better able to focus on the task at hand--if there is indeed trouble of some sort, then we can determine if an alteration of plans is in order--sound good?" He considers for a moment. "If we know the name of the barge she left on, we can probably determine where it should be right now--those river ferries run on a schedule, so they will be in a predictable location, maybe even another port, since we haven't had severe rains or anything like that the last couple days. Do we have any clairvoyants in the group?"
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Barinthasheer »

KahlessNestor wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:14 am
Date: October 22, 109 PA
Time: 0800
Weather: Normal for season (cool); no wind; no rain
Location: Fort Hope
Ley Line: Yes
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Daylight
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0
Pay
Everyone gets another week of pay.
Thomas: Sergeant (team leader) (720 cr/week)
Ashley: Corporal (495 cr/week)
Vik: Specialist 2nd Class (495 cr/week)
Nazo: Legionnaire (450 cr/week)
Ryder: Legionnaire (450 cr/week)
Barinthasheer: Legionnaire (300 cr/week)
Zephrim Ouri: Legionnaire (450 cr/week)
Activity around the fort the last few days had increased. A load of equipment had arrived by barge and was loaded onto a flatbed trailer, and the Trailblazers were told to report to briefing the next morning.

Lt. Winston puffed his cigar as he surveyed the large map on the table. “Got another long distance jaunt for yeh,” the bulldogboy said. “North this time. Legion wants to install a communications outpost. Some of the refugees from Tolkeen went north. Understandable. Directly away from the Coalition Army. And then west. Straight for the Xiticix Hivelands. They figure if any of them have radios, we can warn them off. Be a good way to have some early warning on hive activity, too, if we need it. An observation post, as it were.”

Winston pointed to a location on the map, south of the Winnipeg Hiveland. “Small village called Altona. Supposedly there’s a Tundra Ranger keeping an eye on things. Your job is to haul the supplies up and erect the radio tower. Camouflage it if you can, but I figure you shouldn’t have much Coalition trouble that far west and close to the Hivelands, though you’ll want to be careful of Fort Sioux on your way north. Job should take a week to do. Any questions?”
Thinking for a moment about all that Winston shared Bari speaks up. "I have many. What is a Tolkeen? What are the Xiticix Hivelands? What is a Fortsue? And What is a Tundra Ranger? ... I will probably have more after you answer those."

Vik wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:18 am
"Now wait a tick, Tommy, no need to get all hasty-tasty," Vik says. He starts to put an arm around the Altara's shoulders, then remembers the hungry shadow-beast in her pack and thinks better of it.

"Ol' Naz is just getting a peep at the sunny side, like, 'stead of wallowing in the deep an' dark and suicidal, if you take my subtle drift. Just needs a bit of guidin', that's all. I mean, tell it true, would you rather have a bird at your back what's gone all extra-stential angst an' like, 'let it burn and have great honkin' dewbacks munch on our rotting nethers,' or a bird what's willing to skip through a battlefield for ya whilst stopping for the occasional sniff of some bloody roses?"
While the specifics of the brits speech were often opaque to the dragon he was learning to get the gist of what the human said. "Yes her new hat does make Ms. Nazo less scary and much more nice. Also she falls down much less."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 40 (22)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: October 22, 109 PA
Time: 0801
Weather: Normal for season (cool); no wind; no rain
Location: Fort Hope
Ley Line: Yes
Scene modifiers:
Light: Daylight
Visibility: Clear
Round 0

“Unless the Hive’s grown considerably since last reports, you shouldn’t be getting too close to the Hivelands,” Lieutenant Winston said. “The town’s mostly a waystation for Tundra Rangers moving through the area, stuck between the Deadboys and the bugs. And yes, take what supplies you need. Always good to be prepared, if you got room. Cold weather gear, too.”

Winston gave Nazo a strange look. Was she crazy? He still didn’t trust her, after she’d murdered one of his men. He looked to Thomas for a moment before answering, “Liz Urbanski went to Baldur’s Ferry on the last riverboat to do some trading. She should be back soon enough, though,” he told Nazo.

Winston turned to answer Ashley’s questions. “We don’t have a lot of detailed maps of the area,” he said. “I imagine there are some settlements. The ruins of Fargo are on the way. We don’t know what’s there. Fort Sioux is a day north. You’ll want to avoid them.

As for the radio, you’ll train up one of the locals how to use the equipment. The Tundra Rangers will be overseeing everything once you leave.”

Ryder spoke up in support of Nazo’s suspicions, and Winston answered, “The barge was the Missouri Queen. That’s William Norris’ outfit. He’s the contractor the Legion pays to ferry things up the river to us. Most of the team came up river with his outfit,,” he said, nodding to Nazo, Thomas, Vik, and Ashley. “I don’t know of any clairvoyants, but you could ask around the refugees.”

Bari spoke up then. “What is a Tolkeen? What are the Xiticix Hivelands? What is a Fortsue? And What is a Tundra Ranger? ... I will probably have more after you answer those."

“Tolkeen was a large city of humans, d-bees, and magic up north. They were at war with the Coalition for a long time. Back in July, the Coalition finally broke their defenses and leveled the city. Most of those people,” he gestured out in the direction of the tent city that had set up outside the earthwork walls of the fort, “are refugees from the fall of Tolkeen.

“The Xiticix are a bunch of intelligent bugs that came through a rift and infested the place. They control a bunch of territory up north and just keep spreading, like a bad rash. Anything they catch is food or slave labor. Usually both. Dangerous and nasty.

“Fort Sioux is the Coalitions border post this side of things. It’s about a day or two upriver from us. Fairly lightly manned, at the moment, but they still run patrols out past the border and bother the refugees coming south. We don’t think they’ve noticed us yet.

“Tundra Rangers are folks who’ve pledged themselves to keeping the great white northern wilderness safe for the settlements up there. The Legion would like to be on good terms with them. They’ve been helping some of the refugees that stray north from Tolkeen. The comm tower is a goodwill gesture.”

Instructions
***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas (Monolauger)
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

"So we're like, Goodwill Hunting, then?" Vik says with a wink, which turns into a sour look when no one laughs.

"Right-o, forget sometimes you lot is a buncha uneducated savages, what been deprived of Oscar-winning dramas and like, even the knowin' of Oscars and cinematic achievances. Not sayin' you missed much from not knowin' 'dem apples,' but Bourne weren't bad -- like no Die Hard, but better'n ol' CooCoo Cruise an' his impossible missions jumpin' on the Great and All-Powerful O's couch and wearing lifts and getting audited for Xenu. Bloody Battleship Earth. Now, that was a trite pile a shite, fuckin' Travolta. From disco to Vinnie Vega to that bloody bum-fuzzle. Shame."

He looks around, seeking agreement, then waves dismissively.

"Oy, bollocks to the lot of ya."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Having all he can handle of these accusations of Liz being in danger Thomas can no longer stand the uncertainty of it. Wanting to be as clear as possible and satisfy Nazo as well Thomas whips out his staff and shows it to Nazo. "The eye of this staff can see anywhere is the world. Lets see if it can find Liz. Grab it firmly and we can see together." Then Thomas holds his staff firmly and mumbling some sub-vocal sounds concentrates while a clear image of Liz comes to his mind. Watching her for a few moments to ensure her safety. Once he and Nazo are satisfied they both let go of the staff and return to the work at hand.

World Scry 12
Spellcasting [dice:2xkfjua7]57686:0[/dice:2xkfjua7]
Wild [dice:2xkfjua7]57686:1[/dice:2xkfjua7] Ace [dice:2xkfjua7]57686:2[/dice:2xkfjua7]
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Nazo breathed quivering slightly as her hands wrapped tightly around Thomas’ staff. Mind blown... She saw Liz fine and Thomas for who he really wasn’t.

She dropped to the ground wheezing after a moment, ”No more... I can’t take any more... So strong, and chest so big... Golden locks.” She stood regaining her composure with her pleasure bucket neatly on her head. No way was that ever coming off. Softly she requested, ”It sounds like we are traveling into the cold. I need something more than the thought of your hair to keep me warm.”
Attachments
Thomas
Thomas
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ashley sampled each person's unique brand of insanity for a second, then shook her head and looked back to Winston.

"Understood, sir. I'll start getting our gear together and accounted for."

She didn't mention that left the other big job...that of wrangling the personnel...up to Thomas.

They did want some personnel left uncooked after it was all over, didn't they?

She saluted, turned and headed off to find the quartermaster and a datapad she could use as a checklist.

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

As the matter of the 'missing' woman seems to be resolved for now, Ryder nods as Ash speaks. "I'll give you a hand, Ash--there's a few tricks to loading the Cassowary to conserve space." He doesn't actually say the words 'smuggler's holds' out loud, but yeah, sometimes you need to get something past someone, and the old ways are still often the best.

So, out they go to get gear, stocking up on thermal tents for the crew (and maybe a couple extras, if they can swing it, since they have a habit of acquiring refugees every few miles, it seems), and ditto for clothing. If they don't have anything Trimadore-sized handy, Ryder will make due with his armor's seals when outside the vehicle if necessary. Finally, on an impulse, he starts going around to see if there's any suitable options to rig a snowplow to the front of the Cassowary.
Snowplow options
Matthew, I can think of a couple of ways to rule 'snowplow':

1: It's just a trapping on the 'no difficult terrain penalties for Driving' that the machine already has. Totally fine with this.

2: It's a vehicular mod, probably 1 Slot and costing 10Kxsize = 60K. Gives +2 Armor to the front of the vehicle only, and reduces penalties specifically related to pushing through deep snow by 2. Adds +2 to ramming attacks, but if the Cassowary takes a Wound from making a ramming attack, the plow is wrecked 9along with whatever the normal damage would be).
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Sunshine, and a cute giraffes.

With the meeting ajourned Nazo helps her squad gather supplies. She even seeks out a bag of giraffe feed for Ryder. Never knew his eyes twinkled just so. Other than that Nazo spends some time sharpening her weapons, making sure her wrist blasters are fully charged, and teaching shadow how to nibble on folks with names that were Winston.

Life was good with the pleasure helmet turned on, what go go wrong with a trip the cold reaches of the north. Hopefully when they came back the fort would have a candy factory that spat out cotton candy by the but load. Thought of candy got Nazo wondering if someday she might join the tomorrow legion. So far I think they are still on probation.
Attachments
Ryder
Ryder
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: October 22, 109 PA
Mission: Day 1
Time: 1800
Weather: 40 degrees warmer than normal (warm); light wind; heavy rain
Location: Fort Hope
Ley Line: Yes
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dim (ley line)
  • Visibility: -2 (heavy rain)
Round 0

Nazo and Thomas received a vision of Liz. She seemed to be enjoying the sunshine, sitting in a deck chair on William Norris’ barge and reading a book as the barge clipped along upriver.

Ashley and Ryder went about gathering gear for the trip north, and then Ryder worked up a plow for the front end of the Cassowary while the equipment trailer was hooked up to the back of the vehicle.

Once everything was ready, the team started off north, veering a west to avoid Fort Sioux and the Coalition presence there. The day warmed considerably as they traveled. The Trailblazers drove for half a day before nightfall and a heavy rainstorm caught them. They found a ley line to set up their TW environmental dome, so they could be as nice and cozy as the wet ground allowed inside the ley line powered dome.

With the sound of heavy rain fizzing on the energy dome, it was a time for contemplation and sharing.
Interlude
Write an interlude post about what happened along the way. Roll 1d4:
  1. A difficult obstacle the group negotiated along the way.
  2. How the party endured a trying hardship on the journey.
  3. How the group found something that helped them along the way, such as an oasis, minor treasure, ammo, food, friendly locals, etc.
  4. A hardship the party overcame on their trip: the tragic death of a favored Extra, spoiled or lost supplies, a mechanical breakdown, abysmal weather, and so on.
If you don’t want to use one of those, feel free to use any of the Interlude prompts on page 130 of SWADE or make up your own.

Everyone who writes an interlude gains +1 Benny and +1 XP.
***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas (Monolauger)
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

[dice:seqwk2kq]58126:0[/dice:seqwk2kq]

"Fink you might need to spend another tick-tock or five out in the rain, Barry Boy. Still got a bit of the black mess 'tween the scales over your noggin' what I can see, an' likely in regions of the nethers what I can't," Vik says, rubbing a blackened and oil-stained towel over his own head.

Everything was black -- the Cassowary, the team, the muddy tree limbs they'd pulled under the dome to serve as benches. All of it stained with black crude that had come spouting up from the ground in a geyser after Vik had talked Barry into doing a bit of "prospectin'" to pass the time on their journey north.

"I mean, it did work. Just got the parameters a bit a broad, an' like, literary 'sted of literal," he says, defending the messy, though possibly profitable, discovery of an oil strike.

Vik had set out to craft something like a dousing rod or techno-wizardry metal detector -- in this case, one set up to find any gold that might be buried within a reasonable distance of the COT's route. He'd pinged a hit almost immediately and recruited the dragon into the endeavor.

"I mean, it's 'black gold,'" he says, scrubbing some of the bubbling crude from behind one ear. "'Texas tea' what they called it, though ol' Vik always preferred Long Island tea, for a bit of potency early in the night, like. Catch a bird and feed her a few of those and you can keep the flogging molly for yerself, right."

Really, how was Vik to know that having the dragon dig a silly little hole 10 or 20 feet in the ground would tap into a buried oil well that had been gathering pressure since the coming of the rifts? Or that the explosion of crude oil would nearly embalm he and his comrades in a layer of tar they'd still be scraping off in a month? Or that Ashley's reaction would cause an actual explosion that blew a chunk out of the hillside big enough for three Barry's to have a sleep?

"Leastways we can cancel that order of petro lube you put in for the Legion, eh Tom? Tommy? You know, like lube for when you're greasing the bishop for a slide down the ol' ... eh, maybe we'll do a bit of birds-an'-bees instruction at a later date, Barry Boy."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

[dice:5a8mgf9e]58284:0[/dice:5a8mgf9e]

Vik must have struck gold. Such colors... Unspeakable beauty. Thank you helmet. She rolled and wallowed long in the rainbow Vik had unleashed. She even finally saw his ally Barry, a cute pixilated creature much like his master. ” This is wonderful! More colors... More colors...”

Other than that Nazo kept to her self watch the world pass by filtered through unbridaled happiness. She understood most folks were prejudice against Altarans finding anything that made them happy so it was just best to pretend like she wasn’t. Most of her kind probably didn’t deserve to be happy, but she and Charlie were different. They had circumvented their genetics. Nazo had done it by being born into the world half human.

What is it to be human... In the back of the vehicle she giggled takimg out her kindle 4000, ”Alexa, what is kt to be human?” Nazo did not quiet catch the answer but whatever it was would surely be helpful someone.
Attachments
Vik and Barry covered by skittles
Vik and Barry covered by skittles
E9C36515-6871-4DA3-B1C2-4326FA8957A4.jpeg (73.7 KiB) Viewed 8439 times
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Freemage
Savage Senior
Posts: 1825
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 7:09 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Freemage »

[dice:mky56gll]58344:0[/dice:mky56gll]
GM Bennies (7th SET, Joker's Jokers): 8/8
OOC Comments
GMC Bennies:
PCs
Sir Blurre, 18th COT/New West
Gaspard Gillead, 12th AAT/Dirty Dozen
Ryder, 101st COT/Trailblazers
Serival Drumm, 24th COT
Ophelia Monk, Field Team 6
Hexx, Rising Stars SPC
Malaetheryan, Phase World/Relentless
Jaenelle, Beyond the Wall
Yeitso & Alicia Forsythe, Prestige Unlimited

Inactive/Retired/Deceased
Gorgeous George, 4th COT/Murder Hobos(Frozen)
Nomel Sagia, Nameless (Frozen)
Libertas Magicorum, 13th SET/Silent Ones(Retired)
Savant, 3rd SET/Losers(Frozen)
Other Mother, Ravenloft (Frozen)
Lance, 24th COT/Kingsdale (Retired)
Ramson Gourdaine, Phase World (Blazed)
.

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Barinthasheer »

[dice:1trxgtvj]58382:0[/dice:1trxgtvj]

While the discovery of the oil was definitely a boon, the manner of discovery had it's consequences. Aside from the tar bath covering everyone in a sticky flammable mess, never a safe thing with a dragon and a PK around, it had cause a flaming rock slide that made their way out of the valley treacherous at best.

"I can just burn this off of me." The young wyrm muses out loud and is about to do so when stopped by cooler heads. Looking around at how nearly everything else was also covered he realizes the point that is being made. If he were on fire so soon would everyone else be. And with the exception of Ashley that would be very bad. "Oh, yeah. I probably should not do that then."

Between Ashleys telekinesis and control of fire, Bari's muscle power, helpful gadgets from Vik and some brilliantly rigged pulleys set up by the rest of the team the obstruction only takes half a day to clear. Plus a good hour for Thomas to lecture Vik and Bari on irresponsibly running off to treasure hunt.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 40 (22)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Nazo looked at the skittle ridden dragon burning off the delicious candy like tar substance. She whispered,"You are not real right? Some kind of apparition created by the helmet to make my life more bearable... I mean a candy coated dragon, hehehehehehe..." Nazo licked her lips and walked away from imaginary dragon. No doubt whatever the reply would be could only be child like and unreal. Still... The dragon looks delicious. Thanks helmet, thanks Vik.
Attachments
candy dragon.jpg
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Barinthasheer »

Nazo wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:45 am
Nazo looked at the skittle ridden dragon burning off the delicious candy like tar substance. She whispered,"You are not real right? Some kind of apparition created by the helmet to make my life more bearable... I mean a candy coated dragon, hehehehehehe..." Nazo licked her lips and walked away from imaginary dragon. No doubt whatever the reply would be could only be child like and unreal. Still... The dragon looks delicious. Thanks helmet, thanks Vik.
As he processes and translates the statement into draconic in his mind his head twists to the side in confusion. Does she think that I am not real? Wait this is candy?? "Hey, wait... this is candy??" Getting no reply from the retreating Altara he looks at the others. While none seem to be eating it maybe they worry about disease or something. So, being a kid he decides to give it a try anyway.

He lifts a tar sodden claw to his lips and snakes his tongue out to scoop a dalop into his mouth. And regrets it immediately. Spitting repeatedly and loudly while exclaiming ew and gross repeatedly for about a minuet before exclaiming "That is not candy at all Nazo!"
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 40 (22)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

Ryder was... Less philosophical than many of his compatriots about the sticky, tarlike completely coating the Cassowary and the trailer. Still, a quick check made it clear that the truck's workings had not been affected.

What was missed, however, in all the chaos, was that the tires of the trailer with the extra food had been damaged structurally. Coupled with the added weight of the barrels of crude, the Legion-provided trailer hit a sharp rock and blew out the tire almost explosively. By the time Ryder brought the Cassowary under control, the trailer had tipped to one side, causing the oil to mingle with the crates of extra foodstuffs.

The dry rations were generally recoverable, and likewise the canned goods, but almost all the fresh food was a complete loss. It took time, adding nearly a day to the trip's expected time as they had to unload the trailer, then clean off the surviving food and the trailer's interior as best they can. Some jury-rigged wheels sufficed to limp into a small town to get the tires replaced and even replace some of the fresh food--at the cost of about half the remaining crude.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: October 24, 109 PA
Mission: Day 3
Time: 1700
Weather: 30 degrees warmer than normal (warm); no wind; light rain
Location: Altona, Manitoba
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the south
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Normal
  • Visibility: -1 (light rain)
Round 0

The escapade with the crude oil and the damage to the trailer cost about a day to sort out. The next day traveling was uneventful. The temperature dropped a bit, but it was still warm for the season. The rain lessened, but it didn’t stop. They reached their targeted GPS destination about an hour before sunset.

The small village was a collection of two dozen or so small houses enclosed by an earthwork wall. Rusty steel gates were set in the wall, but they were currently standing open to admit villagers returning from their work in the fields surrounding the village. The large ley line the team had been following for the last hour ended near the village, glowing faintly as the sun was beginning to set.

Residents, who all appeared to be the d-bees called quick-flex, began to gather at the small town center to gape at the visitors. As Ryder parked the Cassowary, the residents parted a bit as a human man in Huntsman armor with a J-11 on his back approached.

“Welcome, folks,” the man greeted. “We’ve been expecting you. Clay Mason with the Tundra Rangers,” he introduced himself, shaking hands around the Legionnaires.
Instructions
Feel free to make introductions and such, make up some NPCs, if you want. There is a small community hall in the town, and a couple necessary businesses like a blacksmith and a general goods store, but mostly this is a subsistence community. They will give you a nice meal in the community hall to welcome you that evening. You have a couple options for accommodations, as there isn’t an inn or anything.
  • The village can put you all up in the community hall. It’s basically camping with a roof over your head..
  • You can sleep in the Cassowary.
  • You can set up your TW environmental dome in the town square where the Cassowary is parked.
  • Residents can parcel you out among the various homes. This means either a cot or spare bed, or out in a comfortable barn out of the rain.
Write up your evening. Feel free to be creative. Most of the residents are quick-flex, but this doesn’t mean there might not be the odd human or other d-bee in the village. Clay will show you the work site in the morning. Village gate closes at sunset.
***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas (Monolauger)
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

"Greetin's an' like salutations, Mr. Claymation. My name is Vik Donnager, an' these is my mates and comrades, what come under the leadership of one Mr. Tom for the arts of communications and the aid of your womenfolk. Menfolk, too, I reckon, though ol' Tom's a bit specialized wif' the women, far as I know," Vik says, extending a hand, which he notices still has a bit of black tar between the fingers.

"Don't s'pose you've got any detergents of uncommon lather? Bit of lye, even?"

Vik gets the TW environmental dome set up in the town square and throws his kit in, before having a bit of a stroll around town, with two main purposes: to assess the presence of any garages, workshops or other bits of useful infrastructure, and to locate the local pub that looks to have been most hastily-erected.

"See here, Barry Boy, ol' Vik has spent some time drinking wif' these Quick and Flexible types before. Real speed-demons, always chasing the excitement. Hard to keep focused, truth be told, but when one gets an idea in his nasally-impaired nog, why, hold your huevos panteros, amigo, 'cause he'll waste no time on building codes and other niceties to bring it to market. Best brew in town'll be found in not much more than a lean-to, I'd wager, so you just stick wif' me and we may even find a Flexie bird to show you what a five-finger hug feels like at 80 miles an hour."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ashley got out of the Cassowary, grimacing a little as her gauntleted hand stuck for a second to a still tarry spot on the side of the vehicle where she gripped it to pull herself from the door. She and the dragon had worked carefully to find a temperature that would boil the oil off without melting or warping the metal, but it had been slow going because of the caution involved. On top of that, she'd found that the oil was bad for things inside as well. The Cassowary hadn't been 'buttoned up' and sealed, so some oil had leaked into the airflow vents and some other openings, where it was causing all kinds of thankfully-minor electrical system problems...and a thick cloying scent.

As someone who was fond of taking her helmet off inside the vehicle, that was unwelcome.

So now, she was tired and sweaty in her suit, and sick to death of canned air...and even the suit filters seemed to let some of the stink in after awhile. All she wanted was to crawl into a bathtub, fill it with water, and boil it for an hour with her inside it.

The inhabitants of the village were...freaky though. Ash worked hard not to show it, but she couldn't help it. They were almost human, but not quite human, and that was somehow worse than being totally alien. They were like...mockeries of humans almost. And that wasn't who she was any more, she knew that, but...but...but...

Seeing Clay was a relief, and she smiled at him as she took her helmet off and offered a hand to shake.

"You're a sight for sore eyes, Mason," Ash said. "We've been on the road forever, it feels like...had a bit of a rough patch, and I think we could all use a good night's rest and...probably a bath. We must all smell like oil by now."

Clay wrinkled his nose slightly. "That what that is?"

She nodded. "So...there an inn or tavern or something like that we can hit up?"

The Tundra Ranger squinched his eyes in an expression somewhere between an effort to remember something and a wince. "Welp. Not as such. There's the community hall. Not much in the way of amenities, but it's got a roof. Otherwise you could talk to one of the fine folks living around here. I'm sure someone's got a room or space to spare."

Something of the sudden drop in her stomach must have registered on Ash's face, because Clay chuckled sympathetically. "It's a simple life out here, but it's not so bad. We've got a regular feast cooking up for tonight. And if you don't mind a bit of a walk, there's a stream not far off you can wash up at."

Ashley nodded, trying to button up her disappointment. "Sure. I think I'll do that. Thanks."

She checked in with Ryder, let him know where she was going, and headed out. There was a well-worn trail from the gate to a line of trees that snaked off across the countryside, and sure enough there she found a stream of running water...altogether too small to be a river, but big enough for a person or three to get into.

A moment of concentration ignited some underbrush and provided a smokescreen as she undid the seals on her armor and let it come apart. The padded bodysuit she wore under it came off next, and she weighted it all down with rocks, then got into the water before she extinguished the flames and let the smoke drift up and away. The water felt shockingly cold for a moment, but that was easily fixed. Within seconds she was relaxing in a patch of bubbling, steaming water. Just a second to ease her muscles and chill for a second, then she'd get to scrubbing.

...

Ash awoke with a start, stiff and numb, as her face slipped underwater. She splashed fitfully as she sat up, coughing and sputtering. The water was COLD. The sun had practically set. Had she fallen asleep?!

"Emperor no," she muttered, and there was a hiss and a flash of steam as she gave her modesty a bit more cover and instantly dried herself off to get back into her clothes and armor. It took a couple of tries, as her haste ironically made her stumble more than once trying to get into it all. By the time she was running back, it was already well and truly dark, with just a violet line floating over the horizon to show where the sun had vanished.

The gate was closed.

"Hey! Open up!" Ash called. "It's me! I'm with the Tomorrow Legion!"

"Oh yeah?" called a voice from behind the wall. "Come back tomorrow!" Raucous laughter.

"You're not wanted here," another voice shouted to more jeers. "You're wanted out there!"

Something rustled in the tall grass behind her. Abruptly full of dread, Ashley turned, and found she couldn't see. She could only see maybe a half dozen feet in front of her. Turning back towards the village, she found the same situation. As far as she could tell, she was in a small island of dim moonlight...and there were sounds from outside that circle of light.

Ash reached for her powers, but where the fire normally lived there was just...cold. The cold of a campfire at morning, long after it had gone out. When only ashes were left.

"No," she whispered. The cold deepened, and she felt it from outside then as well. Clammy, dark, seeping chill...not the kind that froze you in your sleep, but the kind that weakened you slowly, made you sick, made you slow... She could feel it through her armor, feel it snuffing out the light in her.

"NO!"

She jerked away to find herself immersed in cold water. Frantically looking around, Ash realized she was in the river...and the sun was still visible, only a bit lower than it had been when she'd come out.

Fell asleep, she thought through her hammering heart. Started dreaming, but the water woke me up right away just about.

It still felt weird to her when she steamed up the river and dried herself off before getting dressed. It didn't happen exactly the same way as it had in the dream, but it was close. The gate was still open when she got back though, and she could smell the food. Just in time for dinner then.

She'd be sleeping in the Cassowary tonight, Ash decided as she passed it by on the way to the community room. After that, she wanted some walls.

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

Ryder greets Clay with a firm handshake, and nods as Ash explains the situation. "As she said, lots of oil. I should be able to trace down the last of it tonight before bunking down, but I wouldn't mind if there's a couple hands willing to help with the work."

He manages to negotiate for the services of a pair of Quickflex teens who go by Frick and Frack. The youths help make fast work of the job, able to take away soiled cloths and bring fresh water so swiftly that Ryder is able to focus all his attention on getting the last of the oil out and tar removed.

During the cleaning, the youths pester him with constant questions about life on the road--he tries not to over-romanticize it, but it's clear to him the two have the bug, and so he focuses more on practical matters, like making sure you know whom you can trust.

After the vehicle's cleaned up, he takes time to relax and grab a bite to eat in the Community Hall, before bunking down inside the Cassowary.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Barinthasheer »

"Hello Mr ClayMason, I am Barinthasheer. Do you have a large garage or a nice cave nearby for me to sleep in? I do not need a structure to shelter me but my natural form may scare the people of this town. Then there will be lots of running and scream and shooting, usually all at once which is quite messy and very not safe for them. Once, two days after I hatched a town offered me a girl to eat. She said she was Virgin. But I do not eat people so I left."

Following his mentor about the village he deciphers what he can of the mans pre apocalypse pop culture rodeo. "They are very much in a hurry. I bet they can get a lot done moving so fast. How would she hug me with just five fingers, does she have a giant hand?"
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 40 (22)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: October 25, 109 PA
Mission: Day 4
Time: 0800
Weather: 40 degrees colder than normal (cold); no wind; no precipitation
Location: Altona, Manitoba
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the south
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Normal
  • Visibility: Normal
Round 0

“Yes, I’m sure we can find you all something to clean up with,” Tundra Ranger Clay Mason told Vik, tilting his head curiously as he tried to make out his speech. “There’s a stream nearby where we pump water from.” He watched Ashley walk off in the direction of the stream, too quick for him to tell her, “We do have plumbing…”

Clay turned his attention to the young boy. “Ah, a big’un are you?” He knew his fair share of dragons, so he thought he understood. “The garage or the community hall are likely the biggest you’ll find in town. No caves around, but there’s a nice sized forest about half a mile from town should give you good coverage. I can show you it tonight, if you like.”

After setting up the environmental dome, Vik did find the two things he was looking for. The garage was basically a big shed. Some old, rusting vehicles were parked in the yellowing grass around it. Inside it was fairly basic (Starter garage, -1 modifier)

The pub was basically the front of the community hall. On a wet day like this, it was a pretty popular place to stay dry and warm beside a heater, or internally warm with a local drink they called scumble.

“It’s made of apples...mostly,” said the bartender.

“It's not true about the rats,” a local piped up.

“Or the snakes' heads,” said another.

“Or the lead shot.”

“The one about the dead sheep is a complete fabrication.”

“We can lay to rest all the variants of the one about the trouser button.”

“But the one about not letting it come into contact with metal is absolutely true!”

The bartender set a small wooden cup about the size of a thimble in front of Vik. Carefully he filled it with the brown liquor. “See what you think, youngster,” the old bartender said with a grin.

The hall itself held a table laden with food buffet style, and tables to eat at. It wasn’t often the small village got visitors, so they residents had put out all the best they had. They’d even dressed up, some of the young Quick Flex ladies eying the visitors with curiosity.

The next morning, dawn brightened the sky with painful intensity, clear and blue. The rain had ended, but the temperature had dropped significantly. Everything wet had frozen over, leaving buildings decorated with icicles and the ground frozen, puddles thick sheets of ice.

“Whoo!” Clay Mason said, clapping his hands together and rubbing them as he approached the Tomorrow Legion team, his breath steaming in the frozen air. “That was quite the cold front that moved in. Hope you all got your long johns!” He laughed. “I’ll show you out to the work site.”

The site wasn’t far away from the village, a half mile away and marked out in the forest that Clay had mentioned to Barinthasheer. “We didn’t have much time on account of harvest season to do much work,” Clay admitted. “But we marked it out.” He indicated a clearing where a square was marked out. “There’s the bunker. Just need to dig it out and put in the concrete. Then set up the antenna and hid it in the trees. Then put in the equipment and hook it all up and give it a test run. What do you all think?”

[OOC=Instructions[
  • Anyone willing to take a -2 penalty to one of their rolls for being hungover from scumble can have a benny.
  • Anyone not in FEP armor should make a Fatigue roll against cold at -2. If you have warm weather gear, make a straight Fatigue roll. Failure, you are at -1 Fatigue until you can get somewhere warm. Critical Failure you are at -2. This stacks with the difficulty penalty.
  • I need 3 successful Knowledge (Electronics) or Repair rolls at -2 for the frozen ground. Choose someone to be the lead roll.
  • Other characters may support. Choose any skills you think might help and make 3 rolls at -2. Take a benny if you use 3 different skills. Success grants the ally +1 to one skill total, and a raise adds +2. A Critical Failure on the support roll subtracts 2 from the lead’s total. The maximum bonus from all Support rolls is +4. Strength checks are an exception and have no maximum bonus.
  • Describe what you are doing to help build the structure, but you won’t complete the project yet in 3 rolls. This is just the first three days of work.[/OOC]

***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas (Monolauger)
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Woa... Damn it is cold... And those kids just kept drinking and drinking...
Nazo in a tank top and short shorts swaggered into the site. She tilted her head toward the tree, ”Me Attenea...Hiccup... Place... Tree...” Wow she should not be doing any heavy lifting and with some amount of luck perhaps she might break her neck climbing and save you all from further embarrassment. Sadly she did not die but instead dropped the attenae a few times and finally just left it in the dirt after unable to climb the tree. She looked down at the good climbing rope she had in hand and tossed it to the ground in disgust. Fortunately a small shadow reached out from a dark corner between some rocks and pet her brown haired head slowly cheering her up some. Thanks Shadow...

Nazo shrugged at whomever was the team leader because only an idiot would make her the leader: She was Blind!
Softly she said, ”Its cold, I need clothes. Attenea is near the tree. Looks good.”
Fatigue: [dice:3bkowkfq]58871:0[/dice:3bkowkfq] wild [dice:3bkowkfq]58871:1[/dice:3bkowkfq]
Climb: [dice:3bkowkfq]58871:2[/dice:3bkowkfq] wild [dice:3bkowkfq]58871:3[/dice:3bkowkfq]
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

Barinthasheer wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:26 pm
"How would she hug me with just five fingers, does she have a giant hand?"
Vik eyes Barry appraisingly.

"Confident one, ain't ya? Just how big are we talking, mate?"


At the makeshift bar in the community hall, Vik saunters up to the bar and claims a seat close to the taps.

After all the talk of scumble, the bartender set a small wooden cup about the size of a thimble in front of Vik. Carefully he filled it with the brown liquor. “See what you think, youngster,” the old bartender said with a grin.

Wasting no time, Vik tips it back, squinting thoughtfully as he swishes the liquid around his mouth before swallowing. A tiny wisp of steam escapes from the corner of his lips as the saliva on his tongue evaporates.

"Fink you've got something there, mate," he says. "Nice bouquet. Bit a turpentine, like, and the sage works nicely wif' the cider. But whichever of you wankers said 'no snake heads' is a right liar."

Reaching to his belt, Vik retrieves his carved drinking horn, which should stand up to the more acidic properties of the vicious brew .

"Fill 'er up, sir barkeep, and keep the sweet tincture flowing, as ol' Vik is far from his dearest Charlie and like to have to work of a morn, irrespectable of whether he's had a snog or a shag to help warm the soul through the long and lonely dim what demarcates our days of toil."


Vik arrives at the work site the next morning buttoned up in his German-made armor, stumbling no more than usual, though his eyes are crossed at an angle that his HUD can only somewhat compensate.

"Alright lads and ladies, the gray old grans back at the saloon has promised to have a fresh batch to tap by sundown, so let's raise this radio-shaft like we was schoolboys polishing a broomstick in the refectory closet, right?"

Vik sets to working, directing others to help here and there as needed.

Lead Repair Rolls
Day 1: Base is 1d8+3, -2 for frozen ground, -2 for scumple!
Repair [dice:1xx6nrl4]58948:0[/dice:1xx6nrl4] = Ace! [dice:1xx6nrl4]58948:6[/dice:1xx6nrl4]
Wild [dice:1xx6nrl4]58948:1[/dice:1xx6nrl4]

Repair [dice:1xx6nrl4]58948:2[/dice:1xx6nrl4]
Wild [dice:1xx6nrl4]58948:3[/dice:1xx6nrl4]

Repair [dice:1xx6nrl4]58948:4[/dice:1xx6nrl4]
Wild [dice:1xx6nrl4]58948:5[/dice:1xx6nrl4]
Will use his scumple-Benny for Extra Effort + Elan = [dice:1xx6nrl4]58948:7[/dice:1xx6nrl4]
Preliminary Totals
  • 11
  • 5
  • 8

Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Day two...

Wow, those kids can drink...

Still hungover from her continued drinking bindge Nazo tried to be a bit more crafty on her plan of attack against the attena. Using the twilight of darkness as her cover she snuck up on the attenea in a paltry attempt to get it operational by surprise!

She was low approaching through the woods. Her armor was still off and only a thin komono, red and gold, was between her and the elements. Near in the darkness her ally, Shadow, crept along keen on seeing how surprise would help fix a mechanical device. Nazo had seen it done by the masters in Kyoto often. When something stopped working a swift kick, or timely yell would often restart it. Surprise would be her ally, and the cold biting night her friend.

She lept out of the shadow with a drunken swagger that could only be appreciated by those that had seen Jackie Chan films. Her battle crie echoed in the night! ”Iaaaaaieeee!”

Stealth [dice:3pew33e0]58950:0[/dice:3pew33e0] wild [dice:3pew33e0]58950:1[/dice:3pew33e0] ace [dice:3pew33e0]58950:2[/dice:3pew33e0]

The attenea sprouted black spidly legs and scurried up the tree resting precariously on a branch. Moments later shadow crept down the tree and plopped on Nazo’s shoulder. It chittered silently knowing it had done its job.
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Day 3
When actions fail, all you have are words...

To Nazo’s invisible dismay the attena had fallen down off the branch. Her drunken escapades of the following night had given her an idea. In fact Vik’s imaginary friend Bari inspired her towards her last approach. She stood near the attena facing it for many hours, from sunup to sundown she just faced it motionless and silient. The cold seeped into her bones but she paid it little mind. Not having any of her gear was refreshing and her moment would not be denied. In the 12th hour she uttered one solem word backed by the fury held tightly in her heart. ”Move!” Perhaps unable to understand the blind mystic the attena did not budge.

Intimidate: [dice:21yiofa4]58951:0[/dice:21yiofa4] wild [dice:21yiofa4]58951:1[/dice:21yiofa4]
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Thomas wakes up from a hangout bad enough he not only does not know the two ladies with him. He does not even know what he has been doing the day before. Getting out of bed he nods to the ladies, who would have thought the quick flex and Asgardian's where compatible, but he was always willing to experiment.

Heading out to join the work Thomas set about supporting the team and encouraging them to get things done. The hardest part of the job was making sure they had the tools needed and ensuring their was enough food, and in Vik's case drink, to stay on task. It was always hard to balance the drinks with Vik, but Thomas had found that balance, and his skills with machines was amazing.

OOC Comments
Persuasion 1d6+6 - 2 for hangover = d6+4

Support Vik day 1
Persuasion [dice:1loen9h0]58987:0[/dice:1loen9h0]
Wild [dice:1loen9h0]58987:1[/dice:1loen9h0]

Support Vik day 2
Persuasion [dice:1loen9h0]58987:2[/dice:1loen9h0]
Wild [dice:1loen9h0]58987:3[/dice:1loen9h0]

Support Vik day 3
Persuasion [dice:1loen9h0]58987:4[/dice:1loen9h0]
Wild [dice:1loen9h0]58987:5[/dice:1loen9h0]

.
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

Support: 7, 13, 3
Benny Claimed for recognizing Scumble's Discworld origins
FEP, no Fatigue roll needed

Day 1 Support:
Notice [dice:3qzrghvl]59100:0[/dice:3qzrghvl]
Wild Notice [dice:3qzrghvl]59100:1[/dice:3qzrghvl]

Day 2 Support:
Driving [dice:3qzrghvl]59100:2[/dice:3qzrghvl]
Wild Driving [dice:3qzrghvl]59100:3[/dice:3qzrghvl]
Actually a 12--forgot -2 for scene, but also +1 for Handling

Day 3 Support:
K: Engineering [dice:3qzrghvl]59100:4[/dice:3qzrghvl]
Wild K: Engineer [dice:3qzrghvl]59100:5[/dice:3qzrghvl]

Taking a Benny for using 3 skills
Current Bennies: 8/6
Ryder starts out by helping Vic simply survey the land they are trying to dig up, identifying potential tough-spots, workarounds and other key bits that might have escaped his perpetually inebriated companion's bleary-eyed gaze. The Cassowary's sensor array makes locating the roots of dead trees in the frozen ground much easier than simple trial and error would be.

On day two, they have to clear some stumps of wildly improbable size. Furthermore, due to the need to clear the roots as well, simply blowing the stumps up is inadvisable. Removing a large stump from the ground can be done with vehicular horsepower and sturdy chains, but it takes a steady hand at the wheel to make sure you neither flip the vehicle, break an axle, or blow out some crucial bit of engine. Fortunately, Ryder is as steady a hand as it gets, and he expertly urges the Cassowary to peak performance, dragging the roots up and clear of the frozen soil--in so doing, breaking up much of the ground as well.

Perhaps feeling a little sure of himself by this point, he begins directing Vic with 'helpful' advice on rigging up digging equipment--often likely useful notions if only they had a more complete set of equipment, but as it is, his suggestions are akin to telling a man with no boat how to find the best deep-sea fishing spots, and soon Vic has to chase him off (with as much or little tact as he feels like using) to get the Trimadore out from underfoot.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ashley Logan »

With the chill setting in, Ashley decides to take a leap of faith and try to...gently...warm things up. It proves to be harder than she thought it'd be though. The temperature range people found comfortable was narrow. And maintaining it while the rest of the environment kept sucking heat away was really tricky. Especially when her pyrokinetic power was as rambunctious as it was...it felt like trying to light cigarettes with a flamethrower.

At first she was too careful, underestimating how the surrounding cold would leach energy away. The temperature raise of just a few degrees over the area wasn't enough to help much. Predictably she then overcompensated and nearly set several fires going. Fortunately no one was injured, but after that she went to practice somewhere that didn't have anything flammable around.

Finally Ash came back and after a moment of intense concentration thawed the bone-biting cold to a rather comfortable room temperature across a wide swath of the area everyone was working in. She couldn't cover everything, but it did give people a place to warm up in even if they had to leave it and come back every so often.

Rolls: 2 fails and a raise on 3rd roll
Psionics [dice:c9y9l9oi]59154:0[/dice:c9y9l9oi] or [dice:c9y9l9oi]59154:1[/dice:c9y9l9oi]
Psionics [dice:c9y9l9oi]59154:2[/dice:c9y9l9oi] or [dice:c9y9l9oi]59154:3[/dice:c9y9l9oi]
Psionics [dice:c9y9l9oi]59154:4[/dice:c9y9l9oi] or [dice:c9y9l9oi]59154:5[/dice:c9y9l9oi]

Benny?! What's that?! HAH!
Last edited by Ashley Logan on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Barinthasheer »

Roll vs cold
Vigor [dice:1k4a4p17]59197:6[/dice:1k4a4p17]
Wild [dice:1k4a4p17]59197:7[/dice:1k4a4p17]
support with strength, 7 total success'
Modifiers: -2 scene. (Forgot to roll fatigue, figured in post roll)
Support roll 1. 12, 3 success'
Strength [dice:1k4a4p17]59197:0[/dice:1k4a4p17]
Wild [dice:1k4a4p17]59197:1[/dice:1k4a4p17] Ace [dice:1k4a4p17]59197:8[/dice:1k4a4p17]

Support roll 2. 12, 3 success'
Strength [dice:1k4a4p17]59197:2[/dice:1k4a4p17]
Wild [dice:1k4a4p17]59197:3[/dice:1k4a4p17]

Support roll 3. 6, 1 success
Strength [dice:1k4a4p17]59197:4[/dice:1k4a4p17]
Wild [dice:1k4a4p17]59197:5[/dice:1k4a4p17]
While the cold does sap the dragons outgoing demeanor it does little to slow down his efforts to help. Using flame to thaw and claws to dig he help break ground for the towers base to be poured. he then help to keep the cement from freezing before it can set. By the third day the lad is pretty wiped out but he still manages to help lift and lay the machinery for the base of tower into place. As Vik and Ryder finish up with the more technical bits Bari assumes his human form and rests in the Aeon Cassoway where it's warm for a while.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 40 (22)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: October 28, 109 PA
Mission: Day 6
Time: 1855
Weather: 40 degrees warmer than normal (hot); no wind; light rain
Location: Altona, Manitoba
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the south
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dim -2
  • Visibility: -1 light rain
Round 0

Progress on the radio tower was going rather well. The bunker was dug and the concrete was setting. Some promising trees were identified as places to hide the antenna. And the temperature began to warm up. By the third day, it had grown actually rather hot for the season, pushing up to ninety with no wind. The light rain beginning to fall was making the work area rather muddy, however. But the sun was setting behind the trees, and it was nearing time to call work for the day.
Notice (-2 Dim lighting, -1 light rain; sight or hearing bonuses apply.)
You hear something or someone moving through the woods north of you.
Notice Raise (same penalties and bonuses apply)
It sounds like a large group of something. You might even hear voices.
Also, the wind seems to be picking up, and to the north, toward the ley line, the sky seems to be turning a sickly grey-green color.
***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas (Monolauger)
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

Notice 6
Notice Modifiers: Dim -2 cancelled by Nightvision Mode; -1 Rain; +4 Sensors and EDS
Notice [dice:1uv3gv7p]59438:0[/dice:1uv3gv7p]
Wild Notice [dice:1uv3gv7p]59438:1[/dice:1uv3gv7p]
Sitting in the Aeon Cassowary, waiting for everyone to jump in and ride back into town, Ryder blinks at the screens. Over the comms, he warns the others, "Heads up, people, I'm picking up movement from the forest." He clicks a few switches, activating the Solar Cannon on the roof. "Anyone who wants to be inside the Cassowary when they emerge, best hop in now."
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

It was hot and the scalding rain did not improve Nazo’s outlook. It seemed all signs pointed to dead. She was wearing a white tunic and thin cotton pants. She had her celestial blade affixed to her back with a small leather strap. Her soul forged dagger dangled inside her pocket harmless unless drawn. Her armor was still missing no doubt some kids playing the kind of prank that most folks play on the blind. Currently her little shadow spider was nestled under her hat near a pile of rocks keeping out of the sun and warm rain. So even the simple pleasures the hat would normally afford her was for the moment beI got afford to another.

Nazo walked to the tree that seemed a good candidate for the ante. Her lack of funds, armor, and armed with a. Single blade seemed to had also robberies her of drink, say for a in case of emergency flask. Perhaps she worked something out while trying in vain to brow beat an attenea into submission. She muttered with a fair amount of bitterness toward what ever creature had created her, ”Even the blind can tell this tree is as if made wholly for the damn attenea. Where are the right words to express my fury that I did not see it until now?” Her shadow pet chattered under her hat keeping close to the ground and rocks. It found it funny that she was lamenting her blindness.

Nazo might have continued on well into the afternoon and night even but something whispered on the wind and pinged her natural radar. Not something that hightened her sense of danger but something that was not immediately evident.
Notice [dice:34f8rr7m]59516:0[/dice:34f8rr7m]
Wild [dice:34f8rr7m]59516:1[/dice:34f8rr7m] ace [dice:34f8rr7m]59516:2[/dice:34f8rr7m]
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Notice Fail
Notice [dice:2wo1z1m7]59587:0[/dice:2wo1z1m7]
Wild [dice:2wo1z1m7]59587:1[/dice:2wo1z1m7]
Thomas is working as hard as he can, which is to say not very hard at all. But the day was going on, and the rain was making him miserable, even inside the protection of his suit. When @Nazo and @Ryder mention sounds he looks up, but cannot see or hear anything. "I don't hear it, what is it?" He says over the radio not really sure what is going on as he looks around.
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Nazo of course without her radio and armor was unable to tell Thomas about what horrible thing was about to make itself present. Was it a Thorn Head demon or a cute bunny rabbit. Either way whatever was coming would be horrific. Nazo steeled herself and plugged her nose Incase Thomas pee’d his pants. I wonder if his brother would be such a worrier.

Curiously she felt no danger so showed her weapons in their simple sheathes. Perhaps it was someone with alcohol. It had been over six hours since her last drop and she was a bit thirsty.
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Barinthasheer »

Feeling much better in the warmer weather Bari's pep has returned with gusto. After being peppering the mechanically inclined with questions and a couple of attempts to help with the fine work end up causing damage in need of fixing he is asked to play outside. While exploring in his human form he finds Nazo napping and sees her armor is filthy from the previous days work.

Deciding to be helpful he takes it down to the nearby stream to clean it for her as she could not see the dirt herself. Having just learned the hard way that electronics and water do not mix he is fastidious about keeping said parts of her gear from getting wet. This ends up taking a bit longer than he expected. Then he notices the fish in said steam and gets distracted by their darting dance as they fed on the burst of insect life that comes with these kinds of heat waves. So by the time he returns it the demon queller has gone elsewhere. I'll just put it back here then and go find her.
Notice
Modifiers: Rain -1. Net -1 (note draconic senses cancels lightin penalties)
Notice [dice:1gq39evk]59607:0[/dice:1gq39evk]
Wild [dice:1gq39evk]59607:1[/dice:1gq39evk]
"I hear something too. Mr. @Thomas should I stay small for now?"
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 40 (22)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

Rolls
Notice [dice:33rvtmau]59714:0[/dice:33rvtmau]
[dice:33rvtmau]59714:1[/dice:33rvtmau] = Ace! [dice:33rvtmau]59714:2[/dice:33rvtmau]
" ... right, so they call this bit the male bit, 'cause it's like the willy part what's like a plug, and this bit is the female part, on account of it's like ... Oy, Barry boy, where'd you get off to?"

Vik looks about, bleary-eyed. He'd been learnin' the young dragon some 'lectronics and engineering as the work went on, sipping at a thermos of scumble along the way. The thermos was nearly empty now, and it appeared his young pupil had wandered off in search of other pursuits.

"Ingratefulness of youth, is what it is," he says. "None of 'em numpkins wants to learn a trade these days, no. Just sit at home wif' one hand on Sir Richard and the other on their handset playing augmented reality games and pretending to be murder-hobos and the like. Shame."

Reaching his free hand into his armor for a scratch, he glances around the work site, the light rain mixing with the heat to form a steamy fog.

Then hears voices, and what sounds like a large group approaching, just as the wind whips up and the sky to the north turns a sickly green.

"If we was in Kansas, I'd wager witches and tornadoes was on the horizon. Seeing as it's Canadia, s'pose it's like demonic wankers or sumfin' what like apologizes while trying to eat you."

Sighing wearily, he swallows the last of the scumble and heads to the Casio-wary to retrieve his rifle, figuring its Ghostek scope will be handy if said wankers turn out to be the invisible kind.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ashley looked around at the warning, but didn't hear or see anything immediately. That didn't make her feel safe though, quite the contrary.

"Where's it coming from? Do you need backup?"

Rolls: Notice 3
Notice [dice:2ke8j63n]59808:0[/dice:2ke8j63n] or [dice:2ke8j63n]59808:1[/dice:2ke8j63n]

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: October 28, 109 PA
Mission: Day 6
Time: 1910
Weather: 40 degrees warmer than normal (hot); no wind; light rain
Location: Altona, Manitoba
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the south
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dim -2
  • Visibility: -1 light rain
Round 0

Something was playing foul with the Cassowary’s sensors. Ryder could make out something moving in the woods to the north, but not what it was. Barinthasheer noted it as well, though couldn’t make it out through the trees and rain.

Nazo could make out the sounds of a large group moving through the woods. She also started to feel the beginnings of a familiar headache starting.

Vik new it was a large group of something, and he prepared as well. As he grabbed his techno-wizarded rifle, he got zapped by an ominous bit of purple electricity from the magical battery, enough to make him suck on his burnt fingers.

Ashley and Thomas were clueless, until someone told them. Ashley felt her head start to pound painfully.

Someone in the woods gave a yell. There was the sound of scrambling among the trees. Then a laser bolt lanced out, striking the ground at Vik’s feet, since he was the only one that was armed.

“Who goes there?” a voice yelled out. “Take another step, the next one doesn’t go into the ground!”

And that’s when the sky overhead roiled into a sickly grey-green color. A bolt of purple lightning lanced down into the woods, and screaming started. Large, heavy drops of rain pattered on the Cassowary, and then something landed on the window, some kind of sick, yellow green slug left a trail of slime down the windshield.

For three miles around the area, slugs, worms, tentacles, and other unidentifiable parts and creatures came down with the rain, raising an awful stench.
Notice (2 Dim light, -1 rain, -2 if using electronics, -4 if using TW)
You can make out the locations of several people in the trees. They are at Short Range (0) in Medium cover (-4).
Notice Raise (2 Dim light, -1 rain, -2 if using electronics, -4 if using TW)
You notice that the people threatening from the woods largely have no armor. They look to have old, worn weapons, or even just rocks to throw. One does have the laser rifle. It looks like it might be Coalition issue, but it’s so caked in mud and grime and blood that it’s hard to tell. Beyond the firing line at Medium range (-2) in Heavy Cover (-6) you can see more people moving, but they seem to be trying to hurry away to the west, away from the firing line and you. They seem to be carrying bundles on their backs, or helping others that appear to be injured or unable to move quickly. Many are succumbing to the stench of the falling effluvia.
Make a Vigor roll (+1 if in sealed armor)
Success, you are fine. You don’t vomit all over inside your helmet. Failure, you are Shaken as you lose your lunch to the disgusting smell and sight of the alien effluvia. Roll Spirit to unshake or spend a benny, otherwise you are unable to participate in the first round of the Dramatic Task. Critical Failure, take a level of Fatigue as you roll around in your own vomit, it’s so disgusting! You are Shaken and must roll Spirit to unshake or spend a benny, otherwise you cannot participate in the first round of the Dramatic Task.
Two Dramatic Tasks! [b
Choose one! You have 3 rounds. Number of successes determine results.[/b]]Someone took a warning shot at you from the woods, and a Ley Line Storm has opened up on your location! What do you do?

Roll 1d54. Use your initiative bonuses: If your number is 52 or lower and divisible by 4, you have a Club and a -2 Complication on your Dramatic Task roll. Describe your complication. If you have a 53 or 54, you have a Joker. You get +2 on your Dramatic Task roll. Describe what helped you out. Everyone gets a benny.

Dramatic Task 1: The people in the woods. What do you do about them? Skills: Social skills, Combat or Arcane Background skills, anything reasonable you can come up with. Successes are the number of threats you remove.

Dramatic Task 2: There’s a freaking ley line storm on top of you! It’s probably not a good idea to stay out in it! What do you do to help keep people safe? Skills: Athletics, Persuasion, Survival, anything reasonable you can come up with. Success is the number of people you help.
***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Barinthasheer »

Notice
Modifiers: -1 rain. net -1
Notice [dice:48r1tbpb]59939:0[/dice:48r1tbpb]
Wild [dice:48r1tbpb]59939:1[/dice:48r1tbpb] Benny for EE [dice:48r1tbpb]59939:2[/dice:48r1tbpb]
Vigor
Vigor [dice:48r1tbpb]59939:3[/dice:48r1tbpb]
Wild [dice:48r1tbpb]59939:4[/dice:48r1tbpb]
KahlessNestor wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:55 am
Someone in the woods gave a yell. There was the sound of scrambling among the trees. Then a laser bolt lanced out, striking the ground at Vik’s feet, since he was the only one that was armed.

“Who goes there?” a voice yelled out. “Take another step, the next one doesn’t go into the ground!”

Despite the warning Bari does move forward a couple of steps and stands defiantly with his hands on his hips. he flicks on the loudspeaker in his helmet
"Hey!! That was not nice. You snuck up on us... Who goes there is our question!!" He pauses a second, the eyeball on the end of his helmets antennae wobbling in the storms winds. "So... yeah .. um Who goes there? And if you shoot my friends I will get big and smoosh you!... Jerk."

Initiative [dice:48r1tbpb]59939:5[/dice:48r1tbpb]
Task roll
Persuasion [dice:48r1tbpb]59939:6[/dice:48r1tbpb]
Wild [dice:48r1tbpb]59939:7[/dice:48r1tbpb]
Last edited by Barinthasheer on Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 40 (22)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ashley Logan »

"Bari wait!" Ashley called out to the dragonling hastily. "We have bigger problems!"

She then raised her hands, showing them to be empty and faced the direction of the voice. Even through the driving rain, her suit's optics could detect heat signatures among the trees that way.

"We're not hostile!" she shouted up at them. "We're with the Tomorrow Legion, just passing through! We can defend ourselves but we won't attack you!"

As unnatural rain of mulch started to fall, she quickly turned her suit to run on recirculated air, just before getting a whiff of the fishy stink from outside. It was enough to make her gag, but the scrubbers got rid of it almost instantly. She had nothing but pity for anyone without sealed armor though.

"Look, there's a ley line storm! Do you know of any shelter nearby?? We can help each other get through this!"

Rolls: Notice 4, Vigor 11, Persuasion 11
Notice at -3 [dice:1gxrl627]60010:0[/dice:1gxrl627] or [dice:1gxrl627]60010:1[/dice:1gxrl627]
Ace: [dice:1gxrl627]60010:4[/dice:1gxrl627]
Vigor at +1 [dice:1gxrl627]60010:2[/dice:1gxrl627] or [dice:1gxrl627]60010:3[/dice:1gxrl627]
Ace: [dice:1gxrl627]60010:5[/dice:1gxrl627]

Init [dice:1gxrl627]60010:6[/dice:1gxrl627]

Rolling for 1st Dramatic Task: Persuasion [dice:1gxrl627]60010:7[/dice:1gxrl627] or [dice:1gxrl627]60010:8[/dice:1gxrl627]
Ace [dice:1gxrl627]60010:9[/dice:1gxrl627]

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

Notice 1, Vigor 8, TW 14 for protecting people
Notice [dice:3ubpzjap]60035:4[/dice:3ubpzjap]
Wild [dice:3ubpzjap]60035:0[/dice:3ubpzjap]

Vigor [dice:3ubpzjap]60035:1[/dice:3ubpzjap]
Wild [dice:3ubpzjap]60035:2[/dice:3ubpzjap]

Initiative [dice:3ubpzjap]60035:3[/dice:3ubpzjap]

Techno-Wizardry for Dramatic Task 2: Activating the Energy Field Generator to be powered by and protect against the Ley Line Storm
TW [dice:3ubpzjap]60035:5[/dice:3ubpzjap] = Ace! [dice:3ubpzjap]60035:7[/dice:3ubpzjap]
Wild [dice:3ubpzjap]60035:6[/dice:3ubpzjap]
Vik squints as the light goes gangrenous and strange and horrible things start to drop from the sky, a bit like standing underneath the cheap seats at an Arsenal match.

"Plagues and locusts and all the uvver tripe of the End of Days, only the day don't actually end, and just keep going wif' like more wretched shite," he says, shaking his head and trying to wipe a slug off his visor.

The smear it leaves keeps him from seeing much of anything, but Bari is roaring -- bloody hell, he's got to take the volume knob on that brain-bucket down from 11 -- about smooshing buggers whats off in the trees and the fiery bird, Ash, is tryna work it out peaceful-like, while the ruddy ley line storm seems determined to turn Vik's nice little construction site into a barking yooge loo.

"Buncha wankin' loonies and degenerates," he says, waving his arms to encompass everyone in the general vicinity. Turning his arse to the crowd, he digs back into the Cassowary until he finds the team's Energy Field Generator.

The force field is meant to be powered by a ley line, but Vik posits that a ley line storm might work a trick, too, with a bit of a tinker. Sure enough, a little truesilver solder, aetheric mesh and WD-40 has it purring like a kitten, or more like a meth-addicted cougar, truth be told, as the force dome blossoms out to about twice normal size.

"Right, you dim-pated barstards. All of you lot what's willing to lay down the arms and come have a shiver within is welcome, so's you know what it's BYOB and no like leaving low marks on Yelp on account of the smell."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Notice: 1d8+4 (-2 storm fouled senses, -1 fatigue from psionics and leyline storms): [dice:25t6lxr4]60040:0[/dice:25t6lxr4] Wild [dice:25t6lxr4]60040:1[/dice:25t6lxr4]
Vigor: [dice:25t6lxr4]60040:2[/dice:25t6lxr4] wild [dice:25t6lxr4]60040:3[/dice:25t6lxr4]

[dice:25t6lxr4]60040:6[/dice:25t6lxr4] has quick. Reroll [dice:25t6lxr4]60040:7[/dice:25t6lxr4]

No armor with slugs dripping off her wide brimmed hat that Vik had crafted nazo walked to the group of bandits. Her weapons were still stowed in their sheathes at her side a hair’s breath from being snapped into her hands. She had killed people for less, and no one shoots Vik’s feet without deserving a little chat. Beside’s I think I got everything I could out of the attenae array, right Shadow? Her constant companion, the shadow silk spider clung to her back like a creepy wiggly black cape.

She walked well passed medium and definitely to short and if possible very short (6”). Her lack of common knowledge precluded her from knowing people’s comfort zones. She waved realizing she had not said hello. Her voice translated accross every dialect, and language known in north america through her helmet, fuck off translated well... “Seasonal Greetings fellows of North America. Hold your fire and prepare yourselves for the coming of our leader. The better of two brothers, the sultan of smooth, his courage is in the sack... Thomas! Your women will fall for him and bare babies, and you willl give him your undivided attention!” There was something in her tone that indicated if the large group of humanoids did not quiet down she might just close the distance and start kicking in heads. Hopefully her hat hid her no eyes so they might be inclined to listen and not just run away screaming.

Intimidation: [dice:25t6lxr4]60040:4[/dice:25t6lxr4] wild [dice:25t6lxr4]60040:5[/dice:25t6lxr4] total: 3! Failure!
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Seeing the fuss being kicked up, Thomas thinks there is no way to survive fighting two enemies at once. So it is time to make friends with the bandits. "Calm down friends. I am guessing you are hungry to be so desperate as to try and rob a group of warriors and dragons with such poor equipment. Lets work together, we are from The Tomorrow Legion, sharing food and helping others others is our job."

Notice Success
Notice [dice:20v692ac]60052:0[/dice:20v692ac]
Wild [dice:20v692ac]60052:1[/dice:20v692ac]
Vigor Success
Vigor [dice:20v692ac]60052:2[/dice:20v692ac]
Wild [dice:20v692ac]60052:3[/dice:20v692ac]
Persuasion 15
Persuasion [dice:20v692ac]60052:4[/dice:20v692ac]
Wild [dice:20v692ac]60052:5[/dice:20v692ac]
Ace! [dice:20v692ac]60052:6[/dice:20v692ac]
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Nazo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:56 pm
She walked well passed medium and definitely to short and if possible very short (6”). Her lack of common knowledge precluded her from knowing people’s comfort zones. She waved realizing she had not said hello. Her voice translated accross every dialect, and language known in north america through her helmet, fuck off translated well... “Seasonal Greetings fellows of North America. Hold your fire and prepare yourselves for the coming of our leader. The better of two brothers, the sultan of smooth, his courage is in the sack... Thomas! Your women will fall for him and bare babies, and you will give him your undivided attention!” There was something in her tone that indicated if the large group of humanoids did not quiet down she might just close the distance and start kicking in heads. Hopefully her hat hid her no eyes so they might be inclined to listen and not just run away screaming.
Once he realizes what Nazo is saying Thomas finds himself split. Is she complementing him in her own way, or insulting him. Maybe something in between, it has a bitter ring to it. He hopes she is still not upset about his not wanting to take advantage of her. Shaking his head he sticks to the plan. And how did she know about his goody two-shoes brother Chris Homesworth? Has he been speaking more than he should, with their names being different and his brother still being a Magus he would have expected little to no one to have made the connection. Hmm, she has followed him around a bit, maybe Liz spoke with her?
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

Notice 5, Complication, Task 2 Drive 12
Notice (+2 Sensors, -2 for using electronics, Negate Dim penalty, -1 Rain)
Notice [dice:1yti0u80]60352:0[/dice:1yti0u80]
Wild Notice [dice:1yti0u80]60352:1[/dice:1yti0u80]

Initiative [dice:1yti0u80]60352:2[/dice:1yti0u80]
Divisible by 4, -2 to DT

DT 2: Rescue the Bystanders
-2 for Complication, Driving d12+3, net d12+1
Driving [dice:1yti0u80]60352:3[/dice:1yti0u80]
Wild Driving [dice:1yti0u80]60352:5[/dice:1yti0u80]
Ryder sees civilians caught in the unnatural rain of the Ley Line Storm, and immediately gets on the PA system. "Okay, folks! Weather's getting nasty. Anyone with their weapon holstered gets to take a ride!" And the Cassowary lunges forward; Ryder starts hitting the controls for the door panels as they move through the crowd; whenever someone who has stashed their weapon is near the door, the Mountaineer comes to a stop just long enough for them to jump in, then rumbles forward again. One of the larger, more rubbery squids does get caught in the wheels, but Ryder's knack and the Cassowary's superior engineering make it an easy job to begin picking up passengers smart enough to prefer coming aboard with weapons holstered rather than standing out in the Calamari Cacophony with weapons drawn.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: October 28, 109 PA
Mission: Day 6
Time: 1920
Weather: 40 degrees warmer than normal (hot); no wind; light rain
Location: Altona, Manitoba
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the south
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dim -2
  • Visibility: -1 light rain
Round 2

Score:
Dramatic Task 1: 5 successes
Dramatic Task 2: 6 successes

The words of the Trailblazers seem to hit some of the armed men and women crouched in the darkness. Five of them lower their weapons and slink back to the group in the woods. But others still remain, watching them warily.

“Why should we trust you? How can we believe you are who you say you are?” someone called out.

Others are more persuaded. Six bedraggled, ragtag civilians come out from the woods, jumping to avoid the slimy tentacles and effluvia dropping from the ley line storm as the dart for the Cassowary or Vik’s environmental dome to get out of the rain and gore.
Round Two Dramatic Tasks!
Choose one! You have 2 rounds. Number of successes determine results.[/b]]Someone took a warning shot at you from the woods, and a Ley Line Storm has opened up on your location! What do you do?

Roll 1d54. Use your initiative bonuses: If your number is 52 or lower and divisible by 4, you have a Club and a -2 Complication on your Dramatic Task roll. Describe your complication. If you have a 53 or 54, you have a Joker. You get +2 on your Dramatic Task roll. Describe what helped you out. Everyone gets a benny.

Dramatic Task 1: The people in the woods. What do you do about them? Skills: Social skills, Combat or Arcane Background skills, anything reasonable you can come up with. Successes are the number of threats you remove.

Dramatic Task 2: There’s a freaking ley line storm on top of you! It’s probably not a good idea to stay out in it! What do you do to help keep people safe? Skills: Athletics, Persuasion, Survival, anything reasonable you can come up with. Success is the number of people you help.
***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

OOC Comments
[dice:30lccng9]60380:0[/dice:30lccng9] = Club
Thomas sees the storm approaching and feels split. he does not really want to see these morons die in the storm, but then again, he needs to protect his men. 'Hit men, what the hell has gone wrong in the world when legionaries are considered his men. He had done everything he could to make sure his followers where more subtle, but actual legionaries.' Out loud he announces both in his most projecting voice and over the radio. "This is your last chance, we are leaving. Move it or let the storm devour you people." But as he shout the synthesizer begins changing pitch randomly as it reacts to the storm. "Damn it!" He says as he jumps into the safety of the vehicle.

Persuasion 11 = 2 successes
Persuasion d8++6, -2 for Scene
Persuasion [dice:30lccng9]60380:1[/dice:30lccng9]
Wild [dice:30lccng9]60380:2[/dice:30lccng9]
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Initiative [dice:2hf1t89x]60423:0[/dice:2hf1t89x]

Why do we even try so hard to get new slaves? We have tricked so many people into joining us already, do we need more? Thomas seems to think so... He is probably super horny I wonder which bandit he will bed first?

Slowly the self proclaimed demon queller slid her sword and dagger from their sheathes. Her long blade, a katana in name blazed white hot with holy energy. Its pommel was gilded silver with a sweeping flowery guard. A true celestial blade once wielded by the aspect of Hope. In contrast her dagger, had a dark black grip and a short blackened metal guard with a jagged lip. Its blade now drawn formed ethereal with sparks of grey blue energy flitting about it. A soul forged dagger.

With her weapons out she leaped forward spinning and twirling as she approached the bandits and other’s being accosted by the tentacled slugs. As she spun a shadow deeper than any point of black space wrapped our her shoulders like a small shawl or cape. Her blades flung forward in a delicate deadly dance of lost fury in an effort to separate slug from person.

After a time she with drew back to confines of the vehicle tossing a smile at the bandits, “ That is why you trust us. You might as well join us as by now your women will have been impregnated by the words of Thomas lord of the Sheets. Resistance is pointless. ” Sadly she must have gotten turned around or perhaps her lack of sight caused her some amount of complications. The “bandits” she helped were actually just stubby trees.


Support for Thomas: fighting -1 fatigue leylines storm, -2 complication [dice:2hf1t89x]60423:1[/dice:2hf1t89x] wild [dice:2hf1t89x]60423:2[/dice:2hf1t89x]
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

TW 9, 2 Success
[dice:2p0fg8kq]60445:0[/dice:2p0fg8kq]
Techno-Wizardry [dice:2p0fg8kq]60445:1[/dice:2p0fg8kq]
Wild [dice:2p0fg8kq]60445:2[/dice:2p0fg8kq]
Benny to Reroll + Elan
TW [dice:2p0fg8kq]60445:3[/dice:2p0fg8kq]
Wild [dice:2p0fg8kq]60445:4[/dice:2p0fg8kq]
"How do ya know we ain't who we say we are? How do I know you ain't a bloody arse-rupturing Stephen King shit-weasel what just crawled up some hobo's bum and is like, walkin' round havin' itself a constitutional in the great wilds of 'Merica, like, and decided to have a stroll into ol' Vik's construction site when the weather turned all slug-filled and shite?"

Vik lets the question hang in the air a moment.

"It's rhetorical you daft bastards, and the answer ain't gonna do a trick if you all get 'lectrocuted or like dissolved into slug spooge while waitin' for a formal fucking invite. Last chance, wankers," he says, before rolling out what appears to be several all-temperature blankets stitched together into a long carpet.

At full extension, glowing runes and psychedelic LEDs light up along the length of the energized rug, which floats up to head height and begins to emit an energy field tuned to counterbalance the erratic ley line radiation. The slugs raining down from the sky sizzle and bounce away when they strike the energized canopy, which offers a protected avenue to safety for anyone willing to seek refuge.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

Driving 5


Initiative [dice:1gxs78pr]60478:0[/dice:1gxs78pr]
Divisible by 4, -2 to DT

DT 2: Rescue the Bystanders
-2 for Complication, Driving d12+3, net d12+1
Driving [dice:1gxs78pr]60478:1[/dice:1gxs78pr]
Wild Driving [dice:1gxs78pr]60478:2[/dice:1gxs78pr]

Ryder continues to swing the truck around to stragglers, but they're actually getting harder to find, as several run towards Vic's impromptu shelter, or are hiding in the trees--and yes, that one squid is still caught in the wheels. Still, another refugee from the Calamari Calamity does jump aboard when the Cassowary comes to a stop right in front of him.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ashley Logan »

Thomas took the 'good security officer,' so Ashley filled the shoes of the 'bad' one.

"We're not aggressive, but we protect our own," she called out. "If you're coming to us in peace, whether just for shelter or because you want to travel with us, then everything's fine. But if anyone comes at us looking for trouble...they can expect a different reception."

And just like that, every tree in sight erupted into flames like a giant torch, casting everything in a fitful orange glow. Just as quickly, and before the trees even had time to 'properly' burn, the fires were extinguished all at once...plunging everything back into darkness.

"Look for no trouble, find no trouble."

Rolls
Psionics [dice:2v8wwhgc]60589:0[/dice:2v8wwhgc] or [dice:2v8wwhgc]60589:1[/dice:2v8wwhgc]
Could also reasonably be Intimidation...not sure which is more appropos so I'll roll both and let the GM decide [dice:2v8wwhgc]60589:2[/dice:2v8wwhgc] or [dice:2v8wwhgc]60589:3[/dice:2v8wwhgc]
Ace [dice:2v8wwhgc]60589:4[/dice:2v8wwhgc]

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: October 28, 109 PA
Mission: Day 6
Time: 1930
Weather: 40 degrees warmer than normal (hot); no wind; light rain
Location: Altona, Manitoba
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the south
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dim -2
  • Visibility: -1 light rain
Round 2

Score:
Dramatic Task 1: 6 successes
Dramatic Task 2: 11 successes

Ashley’s display of pyrotechnics gets at least one more of the jittery refugees challenging them to go “Nope!” and he retreats off the firing line.

The rest of the Trailblazers do a good job convincing more of the refugees to get out of the ley line storm, ducking out of the trees and into the shelter of the Cassowary or the environmental protection dome.

But there is still a fire line watching the Trailblazers warily, and more of the huddled masses still in the trees, uncertain.
Last Round Dramatic Tasks!
Choose one! You have 2 rounds. Number of successes determine results.[/b]]Someone took a warning shot at you from the woods, and a Ley Line Storm has opened up on your location! What do you do?

Roll 1d54. Use your initiative bonuses: If your number is 52 or lower and divisible by 4, you have a Club and a -2 Complication on your Dramatic Task roll. Describe your complication. If you have a 53 or 54, you have a Joker. You get +2 on your Dramatic Task roll. Describe what helped you out. Everyone gets a benny.

Dramatic Task 1: The people in the woods. What do you do about them? Skills: Social skills, Combat or Arcane Background skills, anything reasonable you can come up with. Successes are the number of threats you remove.

Dramatic Task 2: There’s a freaking ley line storm on top of you! It’s probably not a good idea to stay out in it! What do you do to help keep people safe? Skills: Athletics, Persuasion, Survival, anything reasonable you can come up with. Success is the number of people you help.



***
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Task 2, 9, 2 success!
[dice:z8xdj5t4]60618:0[/dice:z8xdj5t4]
Athletics [dice:z8xdj5t4]60618:1[/dice:z8xdj5t4] ace [dice:z8xdj5t4]60618:3[/dice:z8xdj5t4]wild [dice:z8xdj5t4]60618:2[/dice:z8xdj5t4]
Something is watching us...

Nazo cried out as the leylines flashed in rapid assulted above, “I’ll deal with the fire line! You guys get these people to safety! Demons have fear because Nazo your queller is here!”

A fire line was perhaps one of the most fearsome beasts to ever grace the ravages of rifts earth. Its many hands could rip a child in half without a second thought. Its many mouths could nash a rhino buffalo into fine steaks fit for a bbq. Worse yet, it was watching with its many beady eyes. There was only one option for the self proclaimed demon queller of dubious loyalty. With all the grace of her genetic engineering she leaped at the beast twirling and twisting her way through the onslaught of leyline storm created slugs. Finally in front of the fire line she made her move to grab it, and wrestle it to the ground while it surely cried out in massive protest.
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

OOC Comments
[dice:1afdlr32]60642:0[/dice:1afdlr32]
No complication!

Let's do this:
Driving [dice:1afdlr32]60642:1[/dice:1afdlr32]
Wild Driving [dice:1afdlr32]60642:2[/dice:1afdlr32]
Finally dislodging the Calamari Surprise from the wheel, Ryder gets full control of the Cassowary again, making it much easier to drive the hulking truck through the trees in order to get people who were afraid to run across the more open terrain with all the squids falling down. "Seriously, people, you do not want to stuck out here, do you?"
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Task 1, 13 = 3 success
[dice:2ap6z5oi]60644:0[/dice:2ap6z5oi]
Joker +2
Pursuation [dice:2ap6z5oi]60644:1[/dice:2ap6z5oi]
Wild Die [dice:2ap6z5oi]60644:2[/dice:2ap6z5oi]

From within the safety of the dome shelter Thomas starts organizing the men that have come. Even bandits can get in the weedy if you don't organize them.
"Okay people, if any of you are psionic or magically gifted, let's not use those powers. It will accelerate the storm and focus it on us. I'm not sure that is what we want. So let's all stay alive and huddle together." Thomas loved it when all the attention was on him. Within minutes he was lost in the moment as he worked the crowd.
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

Occult 15, 3 threats removed
[dice:1po644eo]60741:0[/dice:1po644eo]
Occult [dice:1po644eo]60741:1[/dice:1po644eo] = Ace! [dice:1po644eo]60741:3[/dice:1po644eo]
Wild [dice:1po644eo]60741:2[/dice:1po644eo]
"Oy, Naz, I don't fink that's a ... er, is that his ...? Or your ...? Eh, bugger all, just bring the, uh, fire line, over here 'neath the canopy of calmness and we have a peep in better light, right. Fink maybe the fire line what swallowed some like people we might not want to strangulate like that."

Despite the mad nudist's acrobatic exhortations, there were still fools hiding in the trees, where the chaotic energies of the ley line storm swirled and grew in power like mosh pit of footie hooligans.

Vik calls out to the misguided unfortunates, hoping to call a few more in from the cold as the environmental conditions worsen.

"Might rethink standing under them branches like that, what wif' the way them patches of fog is going all tentacly and green. Usually a sign what the transcendental winds has shifted and some chthonic horror's 'bout to stick out its little pawsie-wawsies for a bit of a slap-and-tickle. Not what there's anything wrong wif' a bit of squiddly penetration, if you're of a mind, but I know not everyone goes for it. And right there, behind you -- yeah, you wif' the man-bun -- that like red patch, where the light's gone all fractal and queer. Might be that's the sort of doorway what like them hounds of Tindalos likes to creep through, and mind you they're not one to stop at pissing up your leg. But I've heard them parasites can be handled with like a four-dimensional cleanse, if done quick and proper. Maybe be a mite safer and just avoid all that slog to come over here under this like force umbrella, though. Your choice."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Barinthasheer »

Reaching up under his helmet Bari rubs his temple a moment as Nazo goes full Nazo. Stupid ley line storms.. He was pretty done with these weird and scared humans pointing guns at them
Persuasion for task 1, 8
Persuasion [dice:3dvo4m3u]60745:0[/dice:3dvo4m3u] Ace [dice:3dvo4m3u]60745:2[/dice:3dvo4m3u]
Wild [dice:3dvo4m3u]60745:1[/dice:3dvo4m3u]
"You really should listen to Mr.'s Vik and Thomas. They are smart and mostly nice. Ms. Ashley seems mean with her fire but is really quiet. Or don't listen and stay out in the storm where mean things will eat your tiny squishy bodies. Either way I can not stay in human for anymore. I will be by the Aeon Cassoway if any monsters show up." With that the "boy" changes into his natural form and stomps over to the teams ride. Curling up next to it he tucks his head under a wing and tries to sleep thru the rest of the storm.
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 40 (22)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Vik wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:55 pm
"Might rethink standing under them branches like that, what wif' the way them patches of fog is going all tentacly and green. Usually a sign what the transcendental winds has shifted and some chthonic horror's 'bout to stick out its little pawsie-wawsies for a bit of a slap-and-tickle. Not what there's anything wrong wif' a bit of squiddly penetration, if you're of a mind, but I know not everyone goes for it. And right there, behind you -- yeah, you wif' the man-bun -- that like red patch, where the light's gone all fractal and queer. Might be that's the sort of doorway what like them hounds of Tindalos likes to creep through, and mind you they're not one to stop at pissing up your leg. But I've heard them parasites can be handled with like a four-dimensional cleanse, if done quick and proper. Maybe be a mite safer and just avoid all that slog to come over here under this like force umbrella, though. Your choice."
Thomas looks aghast at Vik. Here he was really enjoying the show and production @Nazo as putting on when he heard @Vik. "What in the 9 hells. How do you even think this stuff up. What did your parents do to you as a child?" Do his best to control his stomach from expressing how he really feels about the visual Vik is conjuring, Thomas shakes it off as best he can.
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: October 29-November 2, 109 PA
Mission: Day 7-10
Time:
Weather: Normal for season (chilly); no wind; no precipitation
Location: Altona, Manitoba
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the south
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

Nazo leaped at the rifle-toting refugees in the trees, slashing with her swords. There was a cry of agony as she cut one down, then grabbed a second, wrestling it to the ground. The others gave a cry of fear and started firing at the Trailblazers!

Two more of the refugees, fleeing the whirling swords of Nazo, jumped into the Cassowary.

Thomas’s words managed to convince three more of the refugee defenders to lower their weapons.

Bari and Vik added their words of warning, though Vik left the refugees a bit baffled.

The refugees huddled with Vik and the others beneath the environmental dome or in the Aeon Cassowary. They were poorly dressed for the cold, malnourished, and injured, and not all of them had made it to safety, some choosing to brave the woods and avoid the dragon and psychotic Altaran. In total, thirteen refugees had been saved from the ley line storm.

The storm lasted for about half an hour, intense but short. When it ended, the ground was covered in bits of tentacle and wriggly things, and the stench was horrid, leaving many of the refugees throwing up what little remained in their stomachs.

Bringing the refugees back to town with the team, the residents of Altona put them up in the great hall and bring out some food, but that is a lot of people for a small town to feed with winter approaching. The team will have to figure out what to do with them.

But right now, there are still about four more days of work to get the radio tower operational.
Instructions
  • Anyone not in FEP armor should make a Fatigue roll against cold. If you have cold weather gear, make the roll at +2. Failure, you are at -1 Fatigue until you can get somewhere warm. Critical Failure you are at -2.
  • I need 4 successful Knowledge (Electronics) or Repair rolls. Choose someone to be the lead roll.
  • Other characters may support. Choose any skills you think might help and make 4 rolls. Take a benny if you use 4 different skills. Success grants the ally +1 to one skill total, and a raise adds +2. A Critical Failure on the support roll subtracts 2 from the lead’s total. The maximum bonus from all Support rolls is +4. Strength checks are an exception and have no maximum bonus.
Describe what you are doing to help build the structure. This will complete the work.
***
Loot
13 refugees
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

Repair Lead = x4 Raises
1st Repair [dice:1kstykw7]60962:0[/dice:1kstykw7]
Wild [dice:1kstykw7]60962:1[/dice:1kstykw7]

2nd Repair [dice:1kstykw7]60962:2[/dice:1kstykw7]
Wild [dice:1kstykw7]60962:3[/dice:1kstykw7]

3rd Repair [dice:1kstykw7]60962:4[/dice:1kstykw7]
Wild [dice:1kstykw7]60962:5[/dice:1kstykw7]

4th Repair [dice:1kstykw7]60962:6[/dice:1kstykw7]
Wild [dice:1kstykw7]60962:7[/dice:1kstykw7]
Vik helped the others in the COT get the refugees back to the Quick-Flex village and set them up in the great hall. The techno-wizard was happy to leave them there and retreat to his tent in the force-dome by the Cassowary -- thin and surly, the refugees smelled as bad as the wriggling mess left behind by the ley line storm. Worse, not a one of them had anything to drink.

Armed with a fresh supply of scumble, Vik takes the lead finishing up the comms tower in the following days. He makes good time, no matter the amount of assistance (or interference) from the others, leaving time to pass on a few gems to young Barinthasheer.

"Now see here, Barry boy, peep a wrecked second upon the work what we done here. The raising and securitizing of the structure is only half the job, see, when working on a site with so many chefs, as it were. A true foreman, which is me, has got to have a knack for keeping them little ants out of the way, like, so work has a way of being done, but keeps the ants from feeling neglected and uncontributory."

He waves around the construction site, pointing out a few of the others.

"Now see, some such as ol' Tommy is easy. Just suggest the ol' lech check a few of them younger 'fugees over, personal-like, on account of there's been whispers what some of 'em was adorned wif' like Coalition tattoos on private-type sections of skin. Can't have spies and such, no, and Ol' Tom's the most experienced for searchin' out the suspicious, no doubt."

"And Naz -- I don't know what that bird's got against trees, but look at how she stayed all occupado fightin' them branches and shadows once I mentioned what I thought I'd heard it whisperin' about what kinds of condiments demons like to serve when having a lunch of a human being."

"Now my big strapping lad, if you don't mind shifting them logs what's piled over there again, I reckon we can finish things off and head to the hall for a pint. You been a big help, my boy, keeping them logs moved here and there. Been a right asset, is what. There's a lad."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Nazo nodded to Vik agreeing with he was saying. “The fire line proved to be a righteous enmy. As great as the Oni from my home. It had been a long time since I had wrestled anything like that. It is a pity my blades had to be drawn upon it.” After burying the untold number of bodies she rested her arms and sat criss crossed for three hours meditating upon her actions. Then a fixed her hat and with swords scabbard set about to help the group because even though Vik could single handedly fix everything she had to pitch in and at least pretend to assist if she was ever going to complete her mission.

Having no eyes she really was not sure about what still needed to be repaired. But there was a loose wire dangling like a snake in some kind of techno filled jungle. She sliced it then foraged for her armor and spent many days looking for the boy Bari. All she wished to say to him was, “Thank you for cleaning it out.” The fresh smell of her protective gear did not go unnoticed and her masters were always fond of children.
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

+2, +1, +2, +2
Support Rolls:

Day 1:
Driving [dice:12o6pjj9]60990:0[/dice:12o6pjj9]
Wild Driving [dice:12o6pjj9]60990:1[/dice:12o6pjj9]
+2

Day 2:
Notice [dice:12o6pjj9]60990:2[/dice:12o6pjj9]
Wild Notice [dice:12o6pjj9]60990:3[/dice:12o6pjj9]
+1

Day 3:
Repair [dice:12o6pjj9]60990:4[/dice:12o6pjj9] ACE [dice:12o6pjj9]60990:8[/dice:12o6pjj9]
Wild Repair [dice:12o6pjj9]60990:5[/dice:12o6pjj9]
+2

Day 4:
Knowledge: Electronics [dice:12o6pjj9]60990:6[/dice:12o6pjj9] ACE[dice:12o6pjj9]60990:9[/dice:12o6pjj9]
Wild K: Engineer [dice:12o6pjj9]60990:7[/dice:12o6pjj9]
+2
Ryder spends the first day using the Cassowary as a tractor again, removing all the remaining obstacles from the tower's erection, and also hauling the framework into position.

The second day, he goes around inspecting the connections, spotting any potential weak points in the design, or possible points of failure, generally just tightening up the construction.

On the third day, he helps Vic directly, acting under the Techno-Wizard's directions. Here, the Trimadore's natural inclinations really come to the fore, and his awareness of what Vic wants done almost before the man speaks means that he doesn't have to waste a lot of time trying to translate.

Likewise, on the final day of the set-up, he's able to use his long limbs to connect wires that Vic couldn't quite reach, preventing the boisterous TW from ripping the entire console panel out in frustration (which he threatened to do on no less than three occasions). Deftly securing the connections, Ryder made certain the entire board was up to spec.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

While the team focuses on the major job of fixing the tower and finishing its installation. Thomas tries to see what he can do to help with the food situation. While many have questioned such approaches Thomas felt earning allies was more important than an animals life. "I will see about filling your paddocks with some game."

Separating himself from the village he used his Scepter to reach out and find some small game to bring forward and pinned that could be prepared.

Spellcasting to support the population 24!!!
Vik has the electronics whipped, I think Thomas would be more interesting in allies and people. Yes I know this was not a challenge and the roll won't matter.
Spellcasting [dice:2vtvx6h3]60996:0[/dice:2vtvx6h3] Ace [dice:2vtvx6h3]60996:2[/dice:2vtvx6h3] Ace [dice:2vtvx6h3]60996:3[/dice:2vtvx6h3]
Wild [dice:2vtvx6h3]60996:1[/dice:2vtvx6h3]

Once he is done helping with the food situation as much as possible, Thomas goes to check up on the team and see what support they need. How sober are Nazo and Vik, and what all is going on.
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Thomas wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:14 am
While the team focuses on the major job of fixing the tower and finishing its installation. Thomas tries to see what he can do to help with the food situation. While many have questioned such approaches Thomas felt earning allies was more important than an animals life. "I will see about filling your paddocks with some game."

Separating himself from the village he used his Scepter to reach out and find some small game to bring forward and pinned that could be prepared.

Spellcasting to support the population 24!!!
Vik has the electronics whipped, I think Thomas would be more interesting in allies and people. Yes I know this was not a challenge and the roll won't matter.
Spellcasting [dice:2h5mwhmr]60996:0[/dice:2h5mwhmr] Ace [dice:2h5mwhmr]60996:2[/dice:2h5mwhmr] Ace [dice:2h5mwhmr]60996:3[/dice:2h5mwhmr]
Wild [dice:2h5mwhmr]60996:1[/dice:2h5mwhmr]

Once he is done helping with the food situation as much as possible, Thomas goes to check up on the team and see what support they need. How sober are Nazo and Vik, and what all is going on.

Nazo handed the beautiful Asgardian a shovel and pointed to the bodies. She frowned disturbed by their presence, “I thought the Fire Line was some kind of monster. I did not know it was merely a group of people. I could not distinguish them individually... The storm Interfered with my natural abilities... I did not even realize I had drawn my swords. Will you help me dig some graves?” Her voice was not boastful Or cavalier, but had a touch of sadness.
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Barinthasheer »

Task rolls: Notice +1, Repair 0, Strength +3, Fighting +1
Notice [dice:98yvoe9g]61013:0[/dice:98yvoe9g]
Wild [dice:98yvoe9g]61013:1[/dice:98yvoe9g]

Repair [dice:98yvoe9g]61013:2[/dice:98yvoe9g]
Wild [dice:98yvoe9g]61013:3[/dice:98yvoe9g]

Strength [dice:98yvoe9g]61013:4[/dice:98yvoe9g]
Wild [dice:98yvoe9g]61013:5[/dice:98yvoe9g]

Fighting [dice:98yvoe9g]61013:6[/dice:98yvoe9g]
Wild [dice:98yvoe9g]61013:7[/dice:98yvoe9g]

Bari spends the first day paying attention to what Vik and Ryder are doing hoping to learn something new. The second day he tries to lend a hand but after he proves less than helpful Vik asks him to "help" by moving logs about. While naïve, the kid does realize what Vik is about with it but he does it anyway. The forth day sees a pair of male rino buffalo having it out over a female. When the skirmish begins to threaten the worksite Bari wrestles them away from it before ant damage can be done.

Several times Nazo seems to be looking for him but then either ignores or seems unable to perceive him. When he later approaches her in human form however she does. "Hello Ms. Nazo. Um you were looking for me earlier but wouldn't talk to me? When I was big."
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 40 (22)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Nazo wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:50 pm
Nazo handed the beautiful Asgardian a shovel and pointed to the bodies. She frowned disturbed by their presence, “I thought the Fire Line was some kind of monster. I did not know it was merely a group of people. I could not distinguish them individually... The storm Interfered with my natural abilities... I did not even realize I had drawn my swords. Will you help me dig some graves?” Her voice was not boastful Or cavalier, but had a touch of sadness.
Thomas grabs the shovel and starts helping. He knows magic could dig the graves faster, but feels the process itself is important for Nazo. One of those few moments in life where the best thing to do is manual labor. He hates manual labor, but Nazo is so insane that he worries a strain like this could simply snap her beyond recovery.

Understanding words alone are not needed Thomas simply works. When it comes time he simply stands with her at the finished graves and meditates while she thinks on the lives. His own mind spinning options on which of these new bandits would be good recruits and which would be good contacts. He was amazed at the amount of time he had to think and set his mind straight while not working. Maybe he will try it again sometime in the future, not likely, but maybe.
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: November 2, 109 PA
Mission: Day 10
Time: 1745
Weather: Normal for season (chilly); no wind; no precipitation
Location: Altona, Manitoba
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the south
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark: -4 (partial moon)
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

The Trailblazers stood back from the concealed radio tower and admired their handiwork in the fading twilight. Their job was complete, and after checking in with Clay Mason to give him the access code, they would need to decide what to do with the thirteen refugees they had left back in town.

The trees of the woods made their way back to the village darker, but it was a path they had taken many times this last week while working on the site, and the Cassowary’s lights provided the illumination for driving.
Notice (-4 illumination penalties, -4 cover from the trees)
You see some sort of greenish light glowing through the trees to the north.
Electronics for those working the sensors
Audio sensors pick up screams coming from the woods to the north.
Instructions
If you choose to investigate, you are heading into a thicker part of the woods. You will need two checks if you want to bring the Cassowary through the trees. First, a Survival check at -4 for Illumination, -4 for difficulty of the trees. This will determine the difficulty for the Driving roll. Success and each Raise gives a +2 to the Driving roll. Failure adds -2 to the Driving roll. Critical Failure adds -4. Base Driving roll is -4 for the trees and -4 for Illumination. If you fail the Driving roll, you need to leave the Cassowary behind and proceed on foot.
***
Loot
13 refugees
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Ashley Logan
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ashley moves as best she can through the trees, trying to stay alert...but it's not easy keeping situational awareness and riding herd over a gaggle of fresh recruits. She winds up playing sheepdog, lagging back behind a bit to make sure she can catch any stragglers or people who seem like they might be getting separated, and lead them back to the group.

Rolls: Notice (at -4) 0
Notice [dice:177wuk6w]61099:0[/dice:177wuk6w] or [dice:177wuk6w]61099:1[/dice:177wuk6w]

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Nazo hunkered down now wearing her armor inside the vehicle. She smiled at the 13 refugees but kept her hat well placed to hide the fact she was a no eyes monster from the Atlantic abyss. “Just to prepare you a bit. Our leader Thomas will make any woman or man for that matter swoon and heavy with child. Just be prepared to find yourself in the service of the tomorrow legion and fort Hope. Fort hope is a pretty good place. Mildly racist, and people only sometimes go missing. All in all its going to be a great new home for you guys.” With the way Thomas could convince and Altaran she had eyes it never dawned on her that they folks might not want to come with. With that short rest she jumped out of the vehicle with a springy summersault yelling, “Nazo the demon queller is here!” and bushwhacked or helped guide the vehicle through the difficult terrain.

She grinned at @Ashley Logan having become familiar with her cute little image translated through her hat, “You are looking fiesty today! How did that tower turn out anyways?”

Survival for support: [dice:kiu3kex0]61106:0[/dice:kiu3kex0] wild [dice:kiu3kex0]61106:1[/dice:kiu3kex0]

Notice [dice:kiu3kex0]61106:2[/dice:kiu3kex0] wild [dice:kiu3kex0]61106:3[/dice:kiu3kex0] add +2 for danger sense, -8 scene modifers... But she sees via radar, but cannot see colors. So maybe she cannot see a green glow.
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Nazo wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:10 am
Nazo hunkered down now wearing her armor inside the vehicle. She smiled at the 13 refugees but kept her hat well placed to hide the fact she was a no eyes monster from the Atlantic abyss. “Just to prepare you a bit. Our leader Thomas will make any woman or man for that matter swoon and heavy with child. Just be prepared to find yourself in the service of the tomorrow legion and fort Hope. Fort hope is a pretty good place. Mildly racist, and people only sometimes go missing. All in all its going to be a great new home for you guys.” With the way Thomas could convince and Altaran she had eyes it never dawned on her that they folks might not want to come with. With that short rest she jumped out of the vehicle with a springy summersault yelling, “Nazo the demon queller is here!” and bushwhacked or helped guide the vehicle through the difficult terrain.
Thomas eyes narrowed a bit, then nearly popped as Nazo finished her soliloquies. Adding a few words of his own and trying not to stumble he settled the people at mention of only a few disappearances. Assuring the people that all such happening were normal travel to and from and no one has been abducted.


The dark of night was an annoying hindrance to Thomas. Luckily his armor provided his the ability to perceive nearly all one could wish too. but as the green light appeared he looked around at the others. Can anyone see that, what is it?

Calling on the magic in the armor he enhanced his eyes to be as sharp as an eagles and focused on what was happening. "@Barinthasheer would you mind flying high enough to get a good look at the source of that light? None of us have your amazing powers" As soon as Thomas tried to focus on the distant green glow his suit sparked with and a cracking noise could be heard in his skull.

"Ahh!, Son of a B****" He yells as he deactivates the optics and looks at them. "Damn it. I think something shorted or whatever. @Vik I will definitely need your help with this one."

OOC Comments
Sorry was called away
Dark-vision [dice:332nj8cl]61118:0[/dice:332nj8cl]
Wild [dice:332nj8cl]61118:1[/dice:332nj8cl]

Farsight [dice:332nj8cl]61118:2[/dice:332nj8cl]
Wild [dice:332nj8cl]61118:3[/dice:332nj8cl]

Notice [dice:332nj8cl]61118:4[/dice:332nj8cl]
Wild [dice:332nj8cl]61118:5[/dice:332nj8cl]

Technical Difficulties [dice:332nj8cl]61118:6[/dice:332nj8cl]
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

OOC Comments
Base Notice d8+4 in Cassowary
No illumination penalty, cover penalty still applies
Notice [dice:18r1901y]61127:0[/dice:18r1901y]
Wild Notice [dice:18r1901y]61127:1[/dice:18r1901y] ACE [dice:18r1901y]61127:2[/dice:18r1901y]

Electronics [dice:18r1901y]61127:3[/dice:18r1901y]
Wild Electronics [dice:18r1901y]61127:4[/dice:18r1901y]

Will wait for Survival rolls to determine the Driving Modifier.
Ryder looks out into the gloom of the forest, his optics helmet picking up the glow out there. "Folks, we've got a rather eerie, eldritch glow out there. I'm assuming it's the sort of thing we check out. Can someone map me a path through the trees?"
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Ryder wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am
Ryder looks out into the gloom of the forest, his optics helmet picking up the glow out there. "Folks, we've got a rather eerie, eldritch glow out there. I'm assuming it's the sort of thing we check out. Can someone map me a path through the trees?"
Thomas interjects. "Lets see what @Barinthasheer can see first. I do not see the reason for all of us to go in completely blind."
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Barinthasheer »

Thomas wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:21 am

Calling on the magic in the armor he enhanced his eyes to be as sharp as an eagles and focused on what was happening. "@Barinthasheer would you mind flying high enough to get a good look at the source of that light? None of us have your amazing powers" As soon as Thomas tried to focus on the distant green glow his suit sparked with and a cracking noise could be heard in his skull.
Bai is happy to help and takes to the sky to scout the odd light, he is concerned by something Nazo said however. "Yes Mr. Thomas. I do not think you should cover me with children, heavy or not, it would not be safe for them. Unless I am in human form, then I could lift them all. It would be like a game. Never mind, you should do that." Skimming over the treetops he focuses some PPE into his helmet to enhance his vision and peers into the thick woods trying to make out the source of the glow.
Notice
Modifiers: Ignors darkness penalties, -4 thick woods, +2 helmet. Net -2
Notice 5[dice:71ia2i6r]61141:0[/dice:71ia2i6r]
Wild [dice:71ia2i6r]61141:1[/dice:71ia2i6r]
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 40 (22)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

Notice 5, Electronics 16, Survival 6
Multi-Optics Helmet ignores illumination penalties, +2 to Notice, -4 for cover
Notice [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:0[/dice:1zvjpsyu]
Wild [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:1[/dice:1zvjpsyu]

Electronics [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:2[/dice:1zvjpsyu] Ace! [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:4[/dice:1zvjpsyu]
Wild [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:3[/dice:1zvjpsyu] Ace! [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:5[/dice:1zvjpsyu] = Ace! [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:6[/dice:1zvjpsyu]

Uses greater boost trait, with auto-raise, to gain +2d Survival (from nothing, brings to 1d6) with a free reroll. Ignores illumination penalties
Survival [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:7[/dice:1zvjpsyu]
Wild [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:8[/dice:1zvjpsyu]
reroll
Survival [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:9[/dice:1zvjpsyu] = Ace! [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:11[/dice:1zvjpsyu]
Wild [dice:1zvjpsyu]61190:10[/dice:1zvjpsyu]

Relaxing in the Cassowary after a hard day's work, Vik has just poured himself another snifter of scumble when the venerable vessel comes to a stop, and everyone starts nattering about a green glow off in the rain-drenched woods. Sighing, he pours the scumble into his exoskeleton's hydration reservoir and pulls on his helmet before climbing out of the turret up top.

"Eh ... s'right. Some sorta green glow," he sees, gazing through the trees with the aid of his helmet's built-in optics. He patches into the Cassowary's audio sensors, and picks up the sound of screams in the distance. "Someone like workin' the vocals Freddie Mercury-style, only more pain and despair-ish, for want of a proper descriptor."

"S'pose you lot will want to go have a first-hand perusal of said screamers, no doubt," he says, sighing some more as he crawls from the turret toward the front of the Cassowary, where he perches like a lewd hood ornament. After giving himself a brief shot of knowledge with his view-master of mastery, Vik then proceeds to start issuing driving instructions to Ryder.

"Okay, now just nudge it forward a bit, but not too quick. It's tight up ahead and you've got to take your time, ease into it. Warm up to it, let it get used to the idea. Gentle, gentle ... okay, now the first bit's in, it's just a matter of kind of squeezing a bit farther ... I know it's tight but it'll fit, just keep going ... nudge around a bit and stretch ... okay, a bit more now, just keep inching in ... easy does it, patience lad, patience ... almost got it all ... now give it all you got and just punch through!"

Ryder gets +2 to his Driving roll. :mrgreen:
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Green glow? Why is Thomas sending a kid to investigate? Nazo shook her head not believing the kid should go alone. She comm’d the group using her exoskeleton’s radio, slightly amused “Uh... Yeah kid don’t cover yourself with bodies...” Unless you are in one of Atlantis’ slave pens... Hehe. “I’ll keep you company.” Nazo, unable to see which direction the dragon went, headed out into the wild hopefully in the right direction of the green glow. “kid, where are you?”
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

Driving 12
Base Driving 1d12, Ace +2, No Illumination Penalty, -4 conditions, +2 Vic Survival, +1 Handling; Net 1d12+1
Driving [dice:2sh8uzsa]61226:0[/dice:2sh8uzsa]
Wild Driving [dice:2sh8uzsa]61226:1[/dice:2sh8uzsa] ACE [dice:2sh8uzsa]61226:2[/dice:2sh8uzsa]
With Vic's unique but invaluable guidance, Ryder gently and inerringly navigates the Cassowary through the trees, keeping the Helios Cannon ready to light up the darkness if necessary. The ride is so deftly handled, and the Cassowary's stabilizers so efficient, that Vic can barely feel the movement at all.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: November 2, 109 PA
Mission: Day 10
Time: 1800
Weather: Normal for season (chilly); no wind; no precipitation
Location: Altona, Manitoba
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the south
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark: -4 (partial moon)
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

Nazo couldn’t see the green glow through the trees, but she could hear the screams. They sounded like the screams of children.

Barinthasheer took to the sky. He could see where the glow was coming from, an area where there was a sort of clearing of the trees, but the canopy of the surrounding forest seemed to grow over the clearing, not allowing him to see what was there.

But Ryder, with Vik’s help, managed to maneuver the Cassowary through the thicker forest, finding a rough path through the trees. As they approached a break in the trees, the Cassowary’s lights illuminated a clearing about 25” across. The open area was surrounded by tall standing stones about 3” high. Around the outside of the stones were figures in dark robes, two large, hulking figures and fourteen smaller ones. They kept a wary eye on six bedraggled refugees.

In the center of the circles, around a makeshift altar, two winged figures in black robes were tying two small quick-flex boys to the altar. They were Frick and Frack, the young teens that had run odd jobs for the Trailblazers back in the village.

The winged figures turned warily to face the Cassowary, and one of them motioned to one of the smaller figures, who stepped up and pushed back his hood, though he still held his rifle at the ready. He was a quickflex male.

“This ain’t your business, strangers,” the quickflex said, sounding tired. “Be best if you just all move on.”

***
Loot
13 refugees
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley
Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Thomas
Barinthasheer
Vik
Zephrim Ouri
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Only two boys make those kinds of screams! Frick and Frack...
How she knew their screams
Simply put Nazo hated to be alone. After a decade of being surrounded by slaves, sisters, and other glorious splugorth minions being alone was just too much to bare. It was the silence that really got to her. Maddening, stoney, quiet was just a concept that she could not deal with. Also space... She had literally come from a world where there was none, and to give her “room”... Well she was just unprepared to deal with such freedom.

She had put away her recording device well before she had heard a knock at her quarters. A couple quick voices said, “Mrs Nazo are you awake?” Nazo was often just too busy to sleep these days.

She responded in her made up under cover language, “ Chotto matte kudasai.” Half a heart beat, “Oh sorry... Just a moment.” She really had nothing to hide, and what she did had been carefully stowed out of sight before these two individuals had knocked. She opened the door and smiled. She was wearing just a simple black kimono with a red dragon curling down the front and sides. Her customary helm was off, and her array of weapons were on a desk near by. “Yes, how can I help you?”

The two individuals stammered for a second, “Ahhh.... We are Frick and Frack, just wondering if you goT any odd jobs needing done. We just finished helping Thomas out with his rod, and can’t find Bari at the moment. So captain says you are next on the list.”

Nazo nodded following Frick and Frack’s rambling. She waved them in to her room and closed the door behind her locking it with a click, “Have you ever had a tickle party?”
Nazo could have done a bunch of things in a situation like this. She could have brought up some protection, she could have waited for back up, she could shoulda done this or that. But lets face it she was an impulsive firecracker that did not take kindly to a bunch of Lyn Siral tying up Frick and or Frack. Goody two shoes or not she knew deep down those flying chicken wings could not be trusted. She moved towards the two boys as far as she could with her weapons drawn. To the quick man she simply said no nonsense as if stating a fact, “Sorry Quicky man, these boys have a prior engagement. They are coming with us... If any of you Lyn Siral be demon’s in disguise now is the time to walk away. You are facing Nazo the demon queller.” She paused finding the right words to strike fear into the hearts of any, “More over you face, Bari the unimaginable, Vik the un comprehend able, Thomas the impregnable, Ashly the Supernova, and Ryder the Illformed Human! Flee if you dare!!”

Her weapons were drawn, armor gleamed darkly in the light of the carrasoway. On her back a cloak of shadow stirred hungry with anticipation. She was ready for war but in the guise of a hero gave a chance for words to be spoken before killing began.
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Thomas sees the scene and looks for other interlopers than the Trailblazers. Seeing the boys had no other help coming he nods. "Apologies, we did not realize you where engaged." He says polity before casting a giant cloud of slumber over the whole group. The spell settling in on the would be cultist.

Then out loud he says to the team. "I am not as noble as Charles, protect the boys and I would rather not take prisoners in cases like this team. These sorts deserve no mercy."

Spirit -4 or go to sleep and never wake
Greater Slumber, Large Blast Template + Auto Raise on Success
Spellcasting [dice:sejxce6r]61275:0[/dice:sejxce6r]
Wild [dice:sejxce6r]61275:1[/dice:sejxce6r]

Raise PPE costs reduced by 2, drawn from amulet

After it is all said and done Thomas thinks maybe he should have tried to get more information first. But he is struggling to find sympathy. "And lets try and figure out what was going on here."
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Nazo
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:28 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Nazo »

Nazo went crazy and to keep up appearances the wanna bee demon queller slides up near the quick flex male doing the talking. “Look friend, My sexy leader Thomas, the one who can make babies by thought, is saying not to take prisoners. But look you seem a nice kind of humaniod. What’s the deal with all these winged individuals and the kids? Cause if you are sacrificing them odds are we are just going to kill you.” With her weapons drawn and armor on she waits for the response before just killing folks. Cause lets face it if you want to pretend to be a hero you got to use some words. Time was sort of going slow so she tapped into some of her psychic gifts trying to get a sense of the quick flex’s emotional turmoil and improve her defenses against aggressors.

Innate loosing it: Beserk, increase str and agility, fearless
Psionics warriors gift, first strike: [dice:2s4ymx9u]61280:4[/dice:2s4ymx9u] wild [dice:2s4ymx9u]61280:5[/dice:2s4ymx9u]
@KahlessNestor Psionic Empathy on male quick flex: [dice:2s4ymx9u]61280:6[/dice:2s4ymx9u] wild [dice:2s4ymx9u]61280:7[/dice:2s4ymx9u]
What could have happened
Trying to get to the kids as fast as Inhumanly possible Nazo nods grinning lashing out if she has a chance with her swords taking out the Quicky Man first with her celestial blade, ”Understood my unrequited sexy Asgardian. No prisoners.” Her blade of pure holy spirit flashes out twice if possible at the Quick Flex male.

Innate: looses it
SPLIT THE Seconds
Fighting [dice:2s4ymx9u]61280:0[/dice:2s4ymx9u] wild [dice:2s4ymx9u]61280:2[/dice:2s4ymx9u]
Fighting [dice:2s4ymx9u]61280:1[/dice:2s4ymx9u] ace [dice:2s4ymx9u]61280:3[/dice:2s4ymx9u]

@KahlessNestor not sure if Inneed to roll damage. Let me know.
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:46 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Ryder »

OOC Comments
No Illumination Penalties:

Three Actions: Move forward 10" (no roll), Fire Helios Cannon (4 shots, 2 @ each Flier), Fire Helios Cannon (3 Shots, one @ each Hulking Figure, 1 at one of the standing stones). Combat Ace eliminates first MAP, STS eliminates 2nd MAP, no penalties to any actions.

Driving action should put Cassowary 8" south of current position, with the back end essentially right next to TQ.

Shooting (Calibrated weapon +1, +1 DT/+2 to Shooting with Helios Cannon):
Flier 1: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:0[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Flier 1: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:1[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Flier 2: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:2[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Flier 2: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:3[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Wild Die: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:4[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Benny To Re-Roll:
Flier 1: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:9[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Flier 1: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:10[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Flier 1: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:11[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Flier 1: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:12[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Wild Die: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:13[/dice:2wdz40gm]
2 Hits each, no Innocent Bystanders, first hit was a Raise:
Damage Flier 1: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:14[/dice:2wdz40gm] + [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:15[/dice:2wdz40gm] =25, AP 20
Damage Flier 1: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:16[/dice:2wdz40gm] = 10, AP 20
Damage Flier 2: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:17[/dice:2wdz40gm] = 9, AP 20
Damage Flier 2: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:18[/dice:2wdz40gm] ACE [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:22[/dice:2wdz40gm] = 22, AP 20

Hulk 1: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:5[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Hulk 2: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:6[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Standing Stone (the one next to JQ): [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:7[/dice:2wdz40gm]
Wild Die: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:8[/dice:2wdz40gm]
All Hits:
Damage Hulk 1: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:19[/dice:2wdz40gm] = 11, AP 20
Damage Hulk 2: [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:20[/dice:2wdz40gm] = 11, AP 20
Damage Standing Stone (Object, Damage cannot Ace): [dice:2wdz40gm]61281:21[/dice:2wdz40gm] = 16, AP 20

Even as Thomas is giving the all-clear, and Nazo finishes her speech, Ryder speaks calmly over the Cassowary's PA system. "I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for all this. I'm even more certain that I don't give a rat's ass what it is." As the Aeon Cassowary trundles forward, white-hot shafts of light arc from the Helios Cannon. Two of the beams strike each of the fliers, another beam hits each of the two hulking figures, and a final shot strikes one of the standing stones.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Since we are going into combat, here is the initiative and a map in case you want to change/edit your first round actions. Players won initiative this round.
Round 0.jpg
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Thomas »

Thomas lets the spell sink in over the party in the center of the ritual area, then runs behind the stones for cover as he thinks of what to do next.
Posted Above wrote: Thomas sees the scene and looks for other interlopers than the Trailblazers. Seeing the boys had no other help coming he nods. "Apologies, we did not realize you where engaged." He says polity before casting a giant cloud of slumber over the whole group. The spell settling in on the would be cultist.

Then out loud he says to the team. "I am not as noble as Charles, protect the boys and I would rather not take prisoners in cases like this team. These sorts deserve no mercy."

Spirit -4 or go to sleep and never wake
Greater Slumber, Large Blast Template + Auto Raise on Success
Spellcasting [dice:3fm94glo]61275:0[/dice:3fm94glo]
Wild [dice:3fm94glo]61275:1[/dice:3fm94glo]

Raise PPE costs reduced by 2, drawn from amulet

After it is all said and done Thomas thinks maybe he should have tried to get more information first. But he is struggling to find sympathy. "And lets try and figure out what was going on here."

Updated Map
Round 0 Thomas Update.jpg
Measured LBT for size of circle. Any token even partially under the circle must roll Spirit -4 or sleep.
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 4
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
+1 Benny from GM for encouraging others to post interlude
-1 Reroll for resources
+1 Messed up and Monologue err. GM awarded benny.

PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.

User avatar
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Barinthasheer »

Smashing down thru the canopy Bari sees Frick and Frack trussed up. "Hey jerks! Those are my friends you have tied up!"

With a massive thud he lands next to the alters with the youths and carefully cuts at their bindings.

((Dunno if I need a roll for this or no))
Barinthasheer
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 40 (22)/6 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 20/20; PPE 10/10
Bennies: 5/3
Adventure Cards
  • Edit Signature

    Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Rolls against sleep
Male LS vs Sleep
Spirit [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:0[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Wild [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:1[/dice:2fn79vd0]

FLS vs Sleep
Spirit [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:2[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Wild [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:3[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Benny to reroll
Spirit [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:6[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Wild [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:7[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Benny to reroll
Spirit [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:8[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Wild [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:9[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Benny to reroll
Spirit [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:10[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Wild [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:11[/dice:2fn79vd0]

Frick vs Sleep
Spirit [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:4[/dice:2fn79vd0]

Frack vs Sleep
Spirit [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:5[/dice:2fn79vd0]
TQ First Strike on Nazo
-2 Uncanny Reflexes
Fighting [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:12[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Wild [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:13[/dice:2fn79vd0]
TQ vs Empathy
Spirit [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:14[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Ace [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:16[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Ace [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:17[/dice:2fn79vd0]
Wild [dice:2fn79vd0]61399:15[/dice:2fn79vd0]
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

Male LS benny to Soak 4 wounds from first hit
Vigor [dice:kadu3ztg]61401:0[/dice:kadu3ztg]
Wild [dice:kadu3ztg]61401:1[/dice:kadu3ztg]
Roll on Injury table for taking 3 wounds
[dice:kadu3ztg]61401:2[/dice:kadu3ztg] - unmentionables
Benny to unshake
Male LS benny to Soak 1 wounds from second hit
Vigor [dice:kadu3ztg]61401:3[/dice:kadu3ztg]
Wild [dice:kadu3ztg]61401:4[/dice:kadu3ztg]
Date: November 2, 109 PA
Mission: Day 10
Time: 1805
Weather: Normal for season (chilly); no wind; no precipitation
Location: Altona, Manitoba
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the south
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark: -4 (partial moon)
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 1.2

Thomas cast his spell, and one of the cloaked, winged figures slumped to the ground, the hood falling back to reveal a female Lyn-Srial. The other figure, however, threw back his cowl to reveal a male Lyn-Srial and screeched. “You will pay for this sacrilege!” he vowed.

The two quick-flex boys fell fast asleep against the altar.

As Nazo moved up to the quick-flex juicer, the man’s chain sword roared to life and lashed out at her. Nazo managed to turn the blow. Nazo’s empathy came up with a hard wall as the quickflex juicer shoved her out of his brain.

Ryder drove the Cassowary forward and opened up on the Lyn-Srial with his Helios cannon. While the shots missed the prone, sleeping form of the female, two did hit the male, blasting him, leaving his unmentionables scorched and smoking. (3 Wounds). The second hit from the Helios cannon he shrugged off.

The two hulking figures were blasted by the cannon, as well, their cloaks falling away to reveal murder wraiths, but they seemed to shrug off the damage.

The final blast struck one of the standing stones, blasting it apart.

Barinthasheer’s large form slams down into the clearing next to the sleeping quickflex boys and his claws carefully cut their bindings.

OOC: Ashley, Vik, Zephrim left to post.
Round 1.2.jpg
***
Loot
13 refugees
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ashley 3C
Ryder (Danger Sense) QC
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick) QH
Thomas 9D
Barinthasheer 8H
Vik 10C
Zephrim Ouri 9C

Tomin (WC) 6S (3 Wounds)
Lysia (WC) JH - Asleep (600r or until awakened Spirit -4)
Tiago (WC, Quick) 2H
Juicers 6D (Quick)
Murder Wraiths (Quick) 8S
Skeletons 8D
Zombies AC
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies:7/7
Tomin 1/3
Lyria 0/3
Tiago 3/3
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

User avatar
Vik
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by Vik »

"What in the buggering, be-shitted abyss is all this, then?" Vik says as the Cassowary rolls into the clearing. "Bit kinda culty, innit? Like sacrificial altars and whatnot? I reckon ... "

He winces as Thomas goes all "off with their heads!" and the rest of the group starts blasting with sun-cannons and trying to gut-or-be-gutted in close combat.

"Ain't them two those lin-cereals, what's like good, right? I mean, we really ready for moving into like war criminals, when we're only just sort of getting the knack of heroing? Oh, wait, the robe-y gits is murder wraiths, s'bout as black-and-white as it gets. No thank you, evil," he says, before pulling out his rifle. Still on the hood of the Cassowary as it rolls forward, Vik gets a quick boost from his View-Master of Mastery, then proceeds to unload several bursts of magical white-hot magma at the murder wraiths.

Activates Greater Boost Trait as an innate action (Adept) with an Auto-Raise (uses 2 PP, +2d Shooting and a reroll); then fires ROF 3 at first one murder wraith, then the other (so 2 actions, -2 MAP)
TW [dice:63x66i93]61420:0[/dice:63x66i93]
Wild [dice:63x66i93]61420:1[/dice:63x66i93]
Benny to Reroll with Elan
TW [dice:63x66i93]61420:10[/dice:63x66i93]
Wild [dice:63x66i93]61420:11[/dice:63x66i93]


Full-auto at MW 1
Shooting [dice:63x66i93]61420:2[/dice:63x66i93] = Hit with a Raise
Shooting [dice:63x66i93]61420:3[/dice:63x66i93] = Reroll from GBT [dice:63x66i93]61420:12[/dice:63x66i93] = Hit
Shooting [dice:63x66i93]61420:4[/dice:63x66i93] = Hit with a Raise
Wild [dice:63x66i93]61420:5[/dice:63x66i93]

Full-auto at MW 2
Shooting [dice:63x66i93]61420:6[/dice:63x66i93] = Hit with a Raise
Shooting [dice:63x66i93]61420:7[/dice:63x66i93] = Hit with a Raise
Shooting [dice:63x66i93]61420:8[/dice:63x66i93] = using Wild
Wild [dice:63x66i93]61420:9[/dice:63x66i93] = Hit

Damage Vs. MW #1
[dice:63x66i93]61420:13[/dice:63x66i93] + [dice:63x66i93]61420:14[/dice:63x66i93] = Ace! [dice:63x66i93]61420:23[/dice:63x66i93] = 27 damage, AP 2
[dice:63x66i93]61420:15[/dice:63x66i93] = 15 damage, AP 2
[dice:63x66i93]61420:16[/dice:63x66i93] + [dice:63x66i93]61420:17[/dice:63x66i93] = Ace! [dice:63x66i93]61420:24[/dice:63x66i93] = 24 damage, AP 2


Damage Vs. MW #2
[dice:63x66i93]61420:18[/dice:63x66i93] + [dice:63x66i93]61420:19[/dice:63x66i93] = Ace! [dice:63x66i93]61420:25[/dice:63x66i93] = 21 damage, AP 2
[dice:63x66i93]61420:20[/dice:63x66i93] + [dice:63x66i93]61420:21[/dice:63x66i93] = 16 damage, AP 2
[dice:63x66i93]61420:22[/dice:63x66i93] = 9 damage, AP 2

Vik moves with the Cassowary. Activates Greater Boost Trait-Shooting, then shoots each of the two murder-wraiths with magical rounds from his TW gun.
Murder-Wraith #1 is hit for:
  • 27 damage, AP 2
  • 15 damage, AP 2
  • 24 damage, AP 2

Murder-Wraith #2 is hit for:
  • 21 damage, AP 2
  • 16 damage, AP 2
  • 9 damage, AP 2

Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 3/3 + 0/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (five times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 14/20
Active Effects: +2d Shooting with reroll 1/action; Pace 16, ignore Run penalty; Ignore all MAP

User avatar
KahlessNestor
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

Re: 3.1 Northern Exposure

Post by KahlessNestor »

MW1 vs Vik
Benny to Soak first hit
Vigor [dice:si5b3acf]61424:0[/dice:si5b3acf]
Male Lyn-Srial casts Healing; heals 1 wound
Spellcasting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:1[/dice:si5b3acf]
Wild [dice:si5b3acf]61424:2[/dice:si5b3acf]
Male Lyn-Srial casts Mind Control on Barinthasheer; Bari needs to roll Spirit -2 vs 14
-2 Wounds
Spellcasting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:3[/dice:si5b3acf]
Ace [dice:si5b3acf]61424:5[/dice:si5b3acf]
Wild [dice:si5b3acf]61424:4[/dice:si5b3acf]
QF Juicer Fighting vs Nazo
Improved Frenzy, -2 MAP, -2 Uncanny Reflexes
Fighting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:6[/dice:si5b3acf]
Fighting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:7[/dice:si5b3acf]
Fighting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:8[/dice:si5b3acf]
Fighting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:9[/dice:si5b3acf]
Wild [dice:si5b3acf]61424:10[/dice:si5b3acf]
Ace [dice:si5b3acf]61424:11[/dice:si5b3acf]
Burn [dice:si5b3acf]61424:12[/dice:si5b3acf]
Reroll Burn [dice:si5b3acf]61424:13[/dice:si5b3acf] - Raise
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:14[/dice:si5b3acf] + [dice:si5b3acf]61424:15[/dice:si5b3acf] + [dice:si5b3acf]61424:16[/dice:si5b3acf] = 24 AP 2; Shaken and 1 Wound
J1 Shooting Ashley
+1 Multi Optic scope, Heavy Beam (ignores laser resistance)
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:17[/dice:si5b3acf]
Burn [dice:si5b3acf]61424:18[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:19[/dice:si5b3acf] AP 3
Ace [dice:si5b3acf]61424:20[/dice:si5b3acf]
J2 Shooting Vik; Raise
+1 Multi Optic Scope
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:21[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:22[/dice:si5b3acf] AP 3
Ace [dice:si5b3acf]61424:23[/dice:si5b3acf]
J3 Shooting Vik
+1 Multi Optic Scope
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:24[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:25[/dice:si5b3acf] AP 3
J4 Shooting Vik
-2 MAP, +1 Multi Optic Scope
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:26[/dice:si5b3acf]
Burn [dice:si5b3acf]61424:27[/dice:si5b3acf]
J5 Shooting Bari
+1 Multi Optic Scope, +2 Size
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:28[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:29[/dice:si5b3acf] AP 3
Ace [dice:si5b3acf]61424:30[/dice:si5b3acf]
J6 Shooting Nazo
+1 Multi Optic Scope, -2 Uncanny Reflexes negates the raise
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:31[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:32[/dice:si5b3acf] AP 3
Ace [dice:si5b3acf]61424:33[/dice:si5b3acf]
J7 Shooting Nazo; Raise
+1 Multi Optic Scope, -2 Uncany Reflexes makes it a 13 to hit, still a Raise.
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:34[/dice:si5b3acf]
Ace [dice:si5b3acf]61424:35[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:36[/dice:si5b3acf] AP 3
Ace [dice:si5b3acf]61424:37[/dice:si5b3acf]
MW1 Fighting Nazo
+1 Gang Up, -2 Uncanny Reflexes
Fighting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:38[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:39[/dice:si5b3acf] + [dice:si5b3acf]61424:40[/dice:si5b3acf] AP10
MW2 Fighting Bari
+2 Size
Fighting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:41[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:42[/dice:si5b3acf] + [dice:si5b3acf]61424:43[/dice:si5b3acf] AP10
Skeleton 1 Shooting Bari
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:44[/dice:si5b3acf]
S2 Shooting Vik
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:45[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:46[/dice:si5b3acf] AP2
S3 Shooting Bari - Raise
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:47[/dice:si5b3acf]
Ace [dice:si5b3acf]61424:48[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:49[/dice:si5b3acf] AP2
Ace [dice:si5b3acf]61424:50[/dice:si5b3acf]
Z1 Shooting Ashley
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:51[/dice:si5b3acf]
Technical Difficulties [dice:si5b3acf]61424:52[/dice:si5b3acf]
Z2 Shooting Nazo
-2 Uncanny Dodge makes it a miss.
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:53[/dice:si5b3acf]
Z3 Shooting Barinthasheer
+2 Size
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:54[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:55[/dice:si5b3acf] AP 2
Z4 Shooting Bar
+2 Size
Shooting [dice:si5b3acf]61424:56[/dice:si5b3acf]
Damage [dice:si5b3acf]61424:57[/dice:si5b3acf] AP2
Ace [dice:si5b3acf]61424:58[/dice:si5b3acf]
Female LS to wake up
-4 Greater Slumber Raise
Spirit [dice:si5b3acf]61424:59[/dice:si5b3acf]
Wild [dice:si5b3acf]61424:60[/dice:si5b3acf]
Date: November 2, 109 PA
Mission: Day 10
Time: 1805
Weather: Normal for season (chilly); no wind; no precipitation
Location: Altona, Manitoba
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the south
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark: -4 (partial moon)
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 1.3

The closest murder wraith shrugged off the blasts from Vik’s magma rifle, and was equally as ineffective against the second monstrosity.

“Wake her!” the male Lyn-Srial hissed to one of the juicers, then flapped his wings and flew behind one of the pillars. Then his four arms started moving as he chanted in some dark, guttural language. Some of his wounds closed, and then his second spell completed.

Barinthasheer’s eyes started to cloud as he felt a whispering, sinister voice in his mind. “Take out that vehicle,” the voice said.
Barinthasheer
Bari needs to roll Spirit -2 vs 14 to shake off the Mind Control. If he fails, he must target the Cassowary on his next turn.
Everyone
Male Lyn-Srial is now behind total cover, so you will need to find line of sight, go on HOLD (Medium cover -4), or AOE him.
The quick-flex juicer swung his chain sword around again, taking four swings at Nazo. She managed to fend off all but one of the strikes, which sliced through her armor.
Nazo
Shaken and 1 Wound
Juicer 1 lifted his laser rifle and took aim at Ashley. The heavy laser beam struck her squarely, but didn’t penetrate her armor, but left her breathless. Then the juicer ducked around the standing stone for cover.
Ashley
You are Shaken.
Juicer 2 lifted his rifle and aimed at Vik where he sat on the hood of the Cassowary. It struck Vik solidly in the side. Then the Juicer darted for cover behind a standing stone.
Vik
You are Shaken.
Juicer 3 lifted his rifle and aimed at Vik too, but it glanced off his armor.

Juicer 4 rushed over to the sleeping female Lyn-Srial and grabbed her armor, shaking her and dragging her behind one of the standing stones. Then he took aim at Vik, too, but the laser went wide.

Juicer 5 took aim at the large form of Barinthasheer, hitting him, but the laser splattered harmlessly against his armored scales. The juicer ducked behind a standing stone.

Juicer 6 aimed at Nazo, firing at the Altaran, striking her but not piercing her armor.

Juicer 7 also shot at Nazo before running for cover behind a standing stone. It struck her solidly.
Nazo
That’s another Shaken and 1 Wound, so if you were still Shaken from the previous attack, it is 2 Wounds. You can spend a benny to remove the previous Shaken before this attack and be Shaken + 1 Wound.
Murder Wraith 1 ran over to Nazo, drawing his vibro longsword and slashed at Nazo, hitting her with a glancing blow.
Nazo
That is another Shaken result, or another Wound if still Shaken from before.
Murder Wraith 2 trundled forward to Barinthasheer and slashed at him with the vibro-longsword, but didn’t get through his scales.

Skeleton 1 fired his laser rifle at Bari, but missed.

Skeleton 2 fired his laser rifle at Vik, striking his armor, but doing no damage.

Skeleton 3 fired his laser rifle at Bari, but it was harmless against his scales.

Zombie 1 fired at Ashley with his laser rifle, but something sparked on the rifle and it failed to fire.

Zombie 2 fired his laser rifle at Nazo, but she bent backward, watching the beam shoot over her.

Zombie 3 took a shot at Barinthasheer, striking him but doing no damage.

Zombie 4 also fired at Bari, to no effect.

ROUND 2 - VILLAINS WIN INITIATIVE -- MAKE YOUR SOAK ROLLS AND I WILL BE BACK WITH ANOTHER POST
Loot
13 refugees
Combat Notes
Male Lyn-Srial Necromancer WC (T) - Parry 5; Toughness 10 (4) - 2 Wounds; 11/20 PPE
Female Lyn-Srial Necromancer WC (L) - Parry 5; Toughness 10 (4) - 0 Wounds; 20/20 PPE; asleep (600r or until awakened Spirit -4), prone (-4 to hit at range >3”, -4 damage AOE, -2 Parry and Fighting)
Quick Flex male Juicer WC (TQ) - Parry 8; Toughness 15 (6); Burn 5
Juicers (J) - Parry 7; Toughness 16 (5); Uncanny Reflexes (-2 to hit)
  • 1 Burn 6; Medium cover -4 unless you find LOS
  • 2 Burn 6; Medium cover -4 unless you find LOS
  • 3 Burn 6; Medium cover -4 unless you find LOS
  • 4 Burn 5; Medium cover -4 unless you find LOS
  • 5 Burn 6; Medium cover -4 unless you find LOS
  • 6 Burn 6; Medium cover -4 unless you find LOS
  • 7 Burn 6; Medium cover -4 unless you find LOS
Murder Wraiths (M) - Parry 8; Toughness 19 (5); Uncanny Reflexes (-2 to hit)
  • 1
  • 2
Skeletons (S) - Parry 6; Toughness 13 (5)
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Zombies (Z) - Parry 5; Toughness 14 (5)
  • 1 TD Glitch -1 on laser rifle
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

Initiative:

Ashley 9H
Ryder (Danger Sense) AS
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick) 7D
Thomas QD
Barinthasheer 7H
Vik 5D
Zephrim Ouri (Quick) 2H 6H

Tomin QS
Lysia 3C
Tiago (Quick) 6D
Juicers (Quick) QH
Murder Wraiths (Quick) 4D 3D KH
Skeletons AC
Zombies 4C
Maps
***
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 6/7
Tomin 1/3
Lyria 0/3
Tiago 3/3
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”