5.2 Lost!

Ryder

Re: 5.2 Lost!

Post by Ryder »

Test 13, Shot 1 26 Damage AP 20, Shot 2 28 Damage AP 20
Bennies: 6/6
Notice 1d8!!+4: [3]+4 = 7
W Notice 1d6!!+4: [1]+4 = 5

Three actions--driving the Cassowary to confuse one of the bugs (Test to try to Distract), two shots with Helios Cannon (net MAP -2 due to Combat Ace, cancelled for Shooting due to Targeting System, cancelled for Driving due to Ace) at two others. -2 Weather conditions applied to all roll/

Distraction:
Driving 1d12!!+1: [10]+1 = 11
W Driving 1d6!!+1: [4]+1 = 5
Forgot Joker, Total 13
Xiticix needs to roll Agility:
9 or less = Distracted & Shaken
10-12 = Distracted
13+ No effect

PEW
Shooting 1 1d12!!+2: [9]+2 = 11
W Shooting 1 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
Raise!
Raise Damage, AP 20: 3d10!!+1d6!!+2: [5, 9, 4]+[4]+2 = 24 Forgot the Joker, so total damage 26 AP 20

PEWPEW
Shooting 2 1d12!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
W Shooting 2 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Ooh, forgot the Joker, so gets the Raise!
Hit Damage, AP 20: 3d10!!+2: [1, 3, 3]+2 = 9 + Raise/Joker bonus damage 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Benny to reroll this damage:
Benny Damage 2: 3d10!!+1d6!!+4: [8, 7, 5]+[4]+4 = 28 = 28 AP 20

Bennies: 5/6
As the group kicks into overdrive, Ryder follows suit. Cranking up a favored selection from his small collection of pre-Rifts tunes, he lets Dr. A do his thing for a moment while swinging the Cassowary around to basically run circles around one of the bugs, trying to disorient it while getting a clean line of fire on two more; once the Cannon has been supercharged, he then fires off two quick beams, lancing the Xictixic without mercy.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Hunter Resist Test 7
Agility 1d10!!: [7] = 7
Hunter attacks Dorn 4 Miss, 28 Raise; Damage 9 AP 6 MD
Unarmed Defender +2, Distracted -2
Fighting 1d10!!: [4] = 4
Fighting 1d10!!: [28!!] = 28
Raise Damage 1d10!!+2d4!!+1d6!!: [1]+[1, 3]+[4] = 9
Benny to reroll that damage 1d10!!+2d4!!+1d6!!: [3]+[1, 1]+[4] = 9
Benny to reroll again 1d10!!+2d4!!+1d6!!: [1]+[3, 3]+[2] = 9
Date: January 14, 110 PA
Mission: Day 11
Time: 1615
Weather: Normal for the season (cold); no wind; heavy snow
Ley Line: Ley Line, NW to SE, Medium: Quarter-mile wide, 500 feet tall, 10 miles long.
Scene modifiers:
  • Light/Visibility: -2 for snow
Round 1.1 (Joker round)

Robert obliterated the two xiticix warriors moving on his right flank.

Ryder spun the Cassowary around the white-carapaced xiticic as he blasted the other two, distracting the Hunter.
Dorn
You are on top of the Cassowary and Ryder is doing fancy driving. Make an Agility check to hang on or take one level of Fatigue (Bumps and Bruises) as you are thrown from the vehicle.
The Hunter hissed, and his wings buzzed, lifting him out of the snow. He charged at Dorn (either on top of the Cassowary or wherever he falls), drawing two wickedly hooked short swords. Atop the vehicle, he couldn’t be targeted by the Cassowary’s weapons. (Assuming Dorn makes his save) His swords slashed at the newly arrived Dorn. One strike missed, and the other just bounced off his armor.

OOC: Two bennies and couldn’t break a 9. Grrrr!

REMAINING PLAYERS ARE UP (EVERYONE BUT RYDER AND ROBERT)
Combat Notes
Initiative:
Ryder (Danger Sense) Joker Cassowary
Robert (Level Headed) KD 10S Outside, R flank
Lithium Rose (Quick, Uncanny Reflexes) 3C, 9H Outside by Cassowary
Dr. Asterisk 8S Cassowary
Elennar (Master Tactician) 5C (Joker, 5D) Outside, L flank, stealthed
Tirgal Danvanbor 2H Outside, stealthed
Vik 2S Cassowary
Dorn Giantslayer Top of Cassowary
Average: 7.71

Hunter Parry 7, Toughness 18 (8) QC Far left, Distracted (-2 Trait rolls)
Average: 10.2

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 6/8
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Elennar

Post by Elennar »

Elennar spun quickly as @Dorn Giantslayer landed on the roof of the Cassowary. Her bow's aim moved with her gaze. She only opts not to shoot as he identifies their SET designation. "Hunter's tangled beard, who assigned a dwarf to this unit?! I'll have heads for this! HEADS!" As if on queue, her aim shifts back towards the hunter. She waits long enough for the creature to swing, then looses an
Called Headshot: 1d10!!: [9] = 9
WD Headshot: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
of the bug. The shot lands
Damage with raise: 5d6!!: [2, 3, 3, 7!!, 1] = 16 (AP 6, omitted +4 from head shot)
dropping it where it lands. Her icy stare doesn't leave the newcomer's hulking (for a dwarf) form, nor does she relax her bow. "Head on a swivel, dwarf! There may be more, and you're on the front line!"
Elennar, The Huntress
Elennar, The Huntress
Pace: 6; Parry: 8
Toughness: 16 (8)
Armor: Retrapped NE-C20 Camouflage Variable EBA with overcoat/cloak
Pertinent Edges: Improved Trademark Weapon,
Command, Command Presence, Inspire, Natural Leader, Master Tactician, Hold the Line!
, Elan, Soldier,
Total +2 to hit or ignore 4 points penalties
, Take 'Em Down
Current Status Post
Vik

Post by Vik »

Vik takes his time lining up a shot, content to let his lackeys squadmates claim the glory. He's in the midst of a long, rehydrating slug from his flask when Sgt. Plant-based Knickers lets loose her cry of elven outrage.

"Dwarf?!? <<cough-cough>> The blighting recruiter swore on the Queen's bleeding nostril what there was no sodding stunties on this excursion! Whole castle of them buggering pervs at the ol' Refuge, digging holes and looking up skirts like that reprobate Hans. Ain't s'posed to be this far north ..."

Vik catches a look at the newcomer's tall red mohawk and groans again, like he's been kicked in the cockles by a cyber-centaur. "Oy, and lookit, this one's a barking looney, one'a them slayer types what wants to kamikaze hisself on somefin' big and horn-ful from the Rifts. Hazard pay, I tell you, is what this is about. Bloody Leftenant Winnie's gonna be paying hazard pay for days, he is, saddling Ol' Vik with halfers and stunties and elf-witches, like he's on the way to Mt. Doom. You'll not Boromir me, you back-stabbing Judas, with your puppy-dog eyes and deceptively upright posture. Ol' Vik weren't born yesterday, or even last century. Bloody hell.

Rant done, Vik slams the rest of the contents of his flask, then waits for his eyes to uncross.

"Oy, new guy. You bring anyfin to drink?"
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 5/20
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
Dorn Giantslayer

Post by Dorn Giantslayer »

Dorn's voice trails off as he sees the bug he is pointing at take to the air charge right at him! Cursing under his breath he rips his sword from his sheath but only manages to parry one of its blades. Fortunately the other skitters off armor at it flies past.

He can feel his reflexes speeding up as his harness pumps drugs into his system but he just manages to turn for a strike at the fast moving bug when its head explodes from some kind of energy bolt. Continuing his turn he follows the line of attack back to it's source and freezes in astonishment to see an ELF ?!? berating him.

Then he looks to the sky and laments "A fhuil fhuilteach?!? Dè na diathan a rinn mi dheth gun cuireadh iad mallachd orm le elf cluasach àrdanach? Damn e gu na naoi ifrinn!" before returning his gaze to earth.

"Not to worry Sgt. Elf, I" pointing his thumb at his chest, "Dorn Giantslayer am on job."

With that Dorn stalks towards where the bugs were last seen keeping his eyes and ears open for any additional targets.
Ancient wisdom from the Golden Age: Don't Panic.

Dorn GiantSlayer
Player: Jim
Active Alts: Jim Cannon, Jame Graeme, Steele

Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+2, Vigor d12
Pace: 7; Parry: 7(6); Toughness: 21(7) MDC; Size: Normal (2) Burn: 7; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Agility: Athletics d10, Fighting d10, Shooting d10, Stealth d4
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Language (American) d6, Language (Dwarven) d8, Notice d6, Repair d4, Science d4, Taunt d6
Spirit: Intimidation d6, Persuasion d4

Elennar

Post by Elennar »

Elennar's eyes (both the good and the bad) narrow at the dwarf's diatribe. "Gibberish does the squad no benefit. Speak to be understood or don't bother at all, stonehead!" She sighs and mutters (in elven) at her misfortune as she scans the surrounding territory for additional threats.
Elennar, The Huntress
Elennar, The Huntress
Command, Command Presence, Inspire, Natural Leader, Master Tactician, Hold the Line!
, Elan, Soldier,
, Take 'Em Down
Current Status Post
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Ryder takes in all the racial animosity and chuffs. "Technically, Vik, I think you're Gandalf, not Boromir. I figure Doc A is Aragorn, what with the scouting and all. Row-Bear's more a late-entry Faramir, really. Don't think we've got a proper Boromir type, really. I'm just happy here with my... preciousss.." He reaches out one of his uncannily long arms and strokes the dash of the Cassoawary, before busting up in laughter. "Now, el jefes, where the hell are we going next? If we're done here, I'd just as soon get out of this space and let the CS and the bugs fight it out."
Ryder
OOC Comments
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Aeon Cassowary
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3
Dr. Asterisk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Dr. Asterisk »

Huhm... Dwarf, Elf, Halfling, 3 Humans, Trimadore, Robodroid. (looks at Ryder) In that narrative reference, the two of us wouldn't really fit in this group. And the dwarf's accent is a little off, if I remember my screen-Dwarven. Good thing those are just fantasy, eh? I'd hate to think everything we are doing is scripted for us like that. I mean, look at me - what tortured soul would conjure this, anyway?

Good thing this truck seats 7 but I don't envy y'all the closeness you're gonna feel soon. I mean, I can turn my sniffer off but you guys...

Anyway, you want we should sift through the bug guts for anything they might have had? Or are we bugging out? Heh.

Dr. Asterisk

Bennies: 3/3

Current Wealth: 19,480 Universal Credits
Robert

Post by Robert »

Robert is methodically scanning for the next target when he hears his name over the comms. "Faramir? What is this Faramir? Very handsome I presume."
Tirgal Danvanbor

Post by Tirgal Danvanbor »

Tirgal waits a moment to be sure all the targets are down before returning to his new friends, "Well, that's no fun. There's no wee little buggies to adopt. Oh well, it's nice to meet ye @Dorn Giantslayer. Ye can call me Tirgal if ye like. That's me name after all, Tirgal Danvanbor at your service. I'm a traveller and a monster slayer, ye know, although I prefer to make nice with the ones that can be taught to play nice."

"The angry man," Tirgal points at @Vik as he speaks, "Is Vik. He's the boss, so don't make him too mad or he'll leave yer toes out in a cold blizzard. Tried to do it to me, I tell ye. But the other's convinced him to do me right. Now we're a right old fellowship, ye see. So tell me, Dorn, do ye have any fun monster stories?"

Tirgal Danvanbor, Half-Folk Vagabond
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 7(1); Toughness: 18(10)
  • Brave: +2 to Fear checks and –2 to rolls on the Fear Table.
  • Danger Sense
  • Elan: +2 when spending a Benny to reroll a Trait roll.
  • Hard to Kill: Ignore Wound penalties when making Vigor rolls to avoid Bleeding Out.
  • Iron Will: +2 to resist Smarts or Spirit-based Tests. The bonus now applies to resisting and recovery from powers.
  • The hero has expert knowledge of the supernatural forces common to Rifts Earth and is trained to exploit their weaknesses. When confronted with a supernatural opponent, Monster Slayers may take an action to roll Occult to identify a foe, its characteristics, and common tactics. The GM may impose penalties for uncommon or unique beings.
    If successful, the Monster Slayer has identified the foe, the GM reveals the being’s weaknesses (if any) and the Monster Slayer’s advice grants allies a +1 bonus to Trait rolls versus such creatures until the end of the encounter. On a raise, the target’s special abilities of note (if any) are revealed, and the bonus to Trait rolls is increased to +2.
  • Sharpshooting is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver (which it does not stack with) and includes the bonus from the Marksman Edge. Sharpshooting applies to all Shooting or Athletics (throwing) actions in a turn, and may be used while moving up to the hero's Pace in a round (but not running).
    Sharpshooting attacks may be used in combination with the Double Tap Edge and firing modes like Three-Round Burst, but not Rapid Fire or other Edges which include attacking at a Rate of Fire above 1.
    : Sharpshooters can move about and still focus their attention on aiming. They are experts at ricocheting shots, bulls-eying thrown moving targets, and other feats of skill using their ranged weapons. When making ranged attacks at Rate of Fire 1, the sharpshooter may either gain a +1 to hit or ignore up to 4 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Illumination, Range, Scale, or Speed.
  • Take 'Em Down: Rifts Earth is full of big mean enemies of all kinds whether they be tanks, dragons, or Techno-Wizardry automatons. When attacking MDC targets with a Mega Damage attack, characters with this Edge add +4 AP to their attacks.

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3; Flamespitter PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 8/6; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Robert wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:04 pm Robert is methodically scanning for the next target when he hears his name over the comms. "Faramir? What is this Faramir? Very handsome I presume."
Ryder laughs and replies. "You'll have to ask Doc Asterix for an image to judge for yourself."
Ryder
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Aeon Cassowary
Dorn Giantslayer

Once Dorn is satisfied there are no more bugs in the area he jams his sword back into its sheath and stomps back to the waiting vehicle and a diminutive little man calling himself @Tirgal Danvanbor. Battle over Dorn feels the sentatives flooding his system and a langid grin spreads over his face.

"Hello Tirgal, I am Dorn Giantslayer and am very glad to be making meeting of you! As custom of clan I take name from greatest deed of life. But telling tale of such things requires many alcohol so must wait until team returns to fort, yes?"

Dorn GiantSlayer

Pace: 7; Parry: 7(6); Toughness: 21(7) MDC; Size: Normal (2) Burn: 7; Bennies 4 of 4

Skills
Smarts: Common Knowledge d4, Language (American) d6, Language (Dwarven) d8, Notice d6, Repair d4, Science d4, Taunt d6

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: January 15, 110 PA
Mission: Day 12
Time: 2235
Weather: 40 degrees warmer for the season (warm); no wind; heavy rain
Ley Line: Ley Line
Scene modifiers:
  • Light/Visibility: -2 for rain, -4 darkness (-6 total)
Round 0

The Trailblazers got a late start the next day, making sure no more xiticic were in the area. As they traveled, the weather warmed considerably, and a heavy rain began to fall, making the low river valley muddy and treacherous. It took them longer than expected to get back to Fort Hope, pulling up late in the darkness with the moon high overhead and midnight fast approaching.

The area around Fort Hope must have been hit by the same blizzard that had stranded the Trailblazers a few days ago. Despite the heavy rain, there were still massive piles of snow banked against the earthworks and walls. The water fell down in heavy sheets, and the river definitely seemed high as the Cassowary rumbled along the bank and into the main gates of the fort under the miserable gaze of the garrison night watch.

Lt. Winston had been roused, and he came out of the command tent in a Legion rain slicker, his ever present cigar a soggy mess in his bulldog mouth.

“Go on an’ park that thing in the garage, then come on in an’ get as dry as ya can,” the dogboy officer said. He gave a slobbery sneeze and shook his jowls. “Bloody weather.” He disappeared back into the command tent.

When the Trailblazers entered the tent, they found it warm, a nice change from the rain, but oppressively humid. A few cooking pans were placed around the tent where water was leaking through. Lt. Winston nodded to where he’d lined up glasses of scotch for them all.

“Report.”
Instructions
Give an accounting of the patrol mission from your character. If you include something that happened “off screen” during the patrol, you may take a benny. Feel free to use the Interlude card table on SWADE p. 130 for Trek if you need an idea.
Combat Notes
Initiative:
Ryder (Danger Sense)
Robert (Level Headed)
Lithium Rose (Quick, Uncanny Reflexes)
Dr. Asterisk
Elennar (Master Tactician)
Tirgal Danvanbor
Vik
Dorn Giantslayer

GM Notes
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Elennar

Post by Elennar »

Elennar stands at attention, intentionally abstaining from the poured drink. "Lieutenant. Our patrol was executed smoothly despite adverse weather conditions. We encountered another herd of daemonix, ten in total. They were hesitant to attack until @Ryder 'accidentally' put his warning shots too close to their heads. Truly, it was a masterful 'error' rivaling my own marksmanship." She offers a nod and the slightest smirk towards the trimadore. "Each member of the unit acquitted themselves admirably in all things." She gestures towards @Tirgal Danvanbor. "We have a new recruit, picked up in one of the worst blizzards I have ever witnessed."
Her eyes (good and bad) shift to @Dorn Giantslayer. "Sir, I believe there has been a mix-up in logistics. Our new recruit has filled up the last space available, and I believe the dwarf should be reassigned. There are latrines that need digging just east of the fort. Dwarves are experts at digging. The best location would be approximately 20 feet past the near bank of the river. Sir."
After her suggestion to drown the dwarf is roundly rejected, she concludes her report. "We found salvage in what amounted to a mass grave. Rites were performed. We have collected materiel useful for supply and outfitting our fortifications and personnel. I will defer to the remainder of the unit, sir." She salutes, then reaches for the scotch.
Elennar, The Huntress
Elennar, The Huntress
, Elan, Soldier,
, Take 'Em Down
Current Status Post
Dorn Giantslayer

Dorn reaches for his scotch and tosses it back then cocks an eye at @Elennar and rumbles, "What Sgt. Elf say is 100% corrected. Dwarves dig best tunnels and forge even better weapons, this is true."

Shaking his head sadly he laments, "feel bad as elves so bad at such important things. They good at, how do you say, the looking pretty and the putting on airs though, so this being something, yes?"

Turning to the LT Dorn keeps his head down a bit to avoid scraping the roof of the tent and salutes. "Sir! With new One-Oh-One Set just one day! Little to tell for the patrolling this time. Just in nick of time to help fight bugs. Can tell One-Oh-One very good warriors sir, even Sgt. Elf not too bad, no?"

Moving off to the side Dorn peels off his web parka looking for a place to hang it near a stove or something to let it dry.

Dorn GiantSlayer

Skills

Elennar

Post by Elennar »

Elennar mutters loudly enough for everyone to hear. "Good enough not to have shot you when your bulk ambushed the roof of the Cassowary." She turns to @Ryder. "Be sure you have the motor pool examine the vehicle for structural or suspension damage. Dwarves look fat, but they weigh even more than you might think. Stones for brains, after all." A quick head-shake sends her fiery mane flowing over her shoulders. She brushes a stray lock of hair back behind her ears, then sips again at her scotch.
Elennar, The Huntress
Elennar, The Huntress
, Elan, Soldier,
, Take 'Em Down
Current Status Post
Dorn Giantslayer

Dorn grins at @Elennar's last remark. "Am surprised soft and squishy elf know Dwarf people like rock and stone, very strong and tough, yes? Like Castle Refuge, yes? Strong and tough!"

Placing his hand on heart and dipping his head he continues, "but Sgt. Elf right about making apologies to friend @Ryder for landing on very fine Cass-o-way. Will talk to stupid Shifter about very bad aim, no?"

Dorn GiantSlayer

Skills

Dr. Asterisk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Dr. Asterisk »

(pokes at the small glass of scotch, makes mental note to learn to imbibe and taste such things)

No worries, there, uh @Dorn Giantslayer I'm sure those boot-shaped indentations'll buff right out. I mean, our resident Elf hasn't shot anyone for damages or anything in recent memory so you're prolly safe there. (<SKKKKRRRRIIITTTCH> as he starts tearing strips of duct tape) But hey, could you tell me which side you're gonna sit on so I can beef up the suspension? Oh, heck with it, I'll just do all 4 corners. MyTShox it is.

@Elennar Red Dwarf is kind of a force to himself so I can see why you like him. It definitely takes all... uh, some kinds to be a cohesive unit, or so I've read. Strength in diversity or somesuch. I mean, where I'm from this guy would get his own tent at the carnival, amirite? (awkward pause) (mutters) Dwarfenstein? Hmm. ThudRockHammerStoneAxe?

So, uh, Lieutenant, yeah we uh blew up a bunch of things and we really are an emerging landscaping outfit if you want to see the before/after. (begins slideshow) This is me by the first crater and this is me by the second crater. This is the view from the inside of Matilda's targeting array, ifyaknowhatImean, this one is what was left of the hunter bug and this one... (looks up to a disinterested or even no-longer-present C.O.) Uh, OK carry on then?

Dr. Asterisk

Vik

Post by Vik »

"Well I for one have got a bone to pick and complaints to file, left-tenant," Vik says, helping himself to a cigar from the box in Winnie's tent.

"I mean, you send us out into the hinters wif a rig what ain't got proper ventilation for the ... er" -- he glances Elle-nah -- "loadout, and then we bugger up north to find a bunch demon-y-ixes what looks uncannily like some what we already blasted. Is it temporal magic? I don't know -- but I know I was told there was to be no timey-wimey bullshit when I signed up at the recruitin' office. And no dwarves! Yet what do we have but a suicidal stunty what lays rocks in the caravan's latrine so we're stuck hangin' arses out the back door on the way home. And a halfer! Near ate us out of provisions, not to mention the rotty foot smell what ain't gonna come out of the upholstery. And you know what else he did? He called us a fellowship! Some kinda hex he'll bring down, mark my words, a witchy halfer hex. Seems like hazard pay's in order, and that's without even a mention of what that one" -- he point an accusatory finger at Dr. A -- " was doing to the energy field generator when he thought no one was looking. Dirty little perv, bad as them dwarfs. Dirty dwarf robot perv."

Finally running out of steam, Vik takes a draw on the cigar, then waves at the lot.

"All acquitted themselves well on the field of battle, et cetera and so forth, so like bonus pay and promotions and extra R&R is appropriate and deserved. If you'd like to save the time I can fix your signature to the proper paperwork and have it all out via carrier-imp on the nonce."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 5/20
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Ryder lets the rest of the group go ahead once the Cassowary is parked. As soon as everyone is out of the garage, he calls the mechanic on duty over. "Okay, she's in pretty good shape, just give 'er a once-over. I'll be back later to check in on her. But first...." He pulls out a cigar, chomps off the end and spits it into a trash can, and lights it. Then he proceeds to smoke it inside the Cassowary, letting the smell of burning leaves overwhelm the mixed aroma of halfling feet, dwarf beard, Vik's skivvies and elven arrogance. "A'ight, that should do it," he finally declares after burning down the entire length of the stogie.

Then he goes through the rain to the commander's tent, slipping in just before Vik begins his own summation of events. He clears his throat at the end of it. "As you can see, sir, we are performing with our usual level of group cohesion and unity. Speaking of which, I'd like to requisition some new music. Drums, electric guitar, tubas, even acordians or bagpipes. Anything loud enough to drown out, um, extraneous conversation will do nicely. Also, if you can, I'd appreciate it if I could get some time to get some of the cyber we liberated from the battlefield looked over and maybe installed."

He takes up the remaining glass of whiskey and sips. "Oh, there was one minor thing that happened just on our way back. Across the river, ruins of one of Omaha's suburbs, place called Council Bluffs. We passed by an old building, surprisingly still standing even though it was basic brick. Plaque outside called it the Squirrel Cage Jail, if you can believe it. Anyway, we swung past just to see if there was anyone there. Looked abandoned, but as we were heading away, I swear I saw a light in one of the windows. It was late enough that I figured we should move on, but it's somethin' you might want to keep in mind for us or another crew to check out."
Ryder
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Aeon Cassowary
Dr. Asterisk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Dr. Asterisk »

@Vik Point of clarification. He's the dirty dwarf and I'm the robot perv. In any case I prefer "fun size."
Uh, Sgt., sir.

Now, let's upgrade some gear and pick up some requisitions.
(salutes then skitters away, completely oblivious to both the "Sir" and the saluting being not appropriate)

@Tirgal Danvanbor Hey there, person whose size is closest to mine. You should probably be hungry for something a little better than travel rations by now and, well, I could use a moment of your time if you have one to spare. Not in the way Sgt. Vik would prolly indicate, of course.

Dr. Asterisk

Tirgal Danvanbor

Post by Tirgal Danvanbor »

"Oh, my, is it story time, then?" Tirgal asks when it's his turn before launching into his tale, "I knew ye were all good folk when ye let me into yer fellowship. So, Sir Lieutenant was it? Well, there I was cutting me way through the dreadfully deep snow when I ran head first into what I thought was an abandoned carriage of some kind..."

The little vagabond gives a good accounting of the journey from his perspective up until the trip home, "Which is when I stepped into something most foul, Sir Lieutenant. Half folk feet are as tough as a dwarf head is solid, ye see, so it took me quite by surprise when mushrooms, yes, mushrooms started growing from betwixt me toes!"

"It was the most godawfullest stench," Tirgal says with an exaggerated sigh before whispering in Sir Lieutenant's ear, "and, eh, don't tell the others, Sir Lieutenant? But they were quite tasty stewed up with some onions and celery. Ye always have to be ready to improvise in the wild."

The excitable half folk's non-stop tirade tapers off for a moment while he remembers where he was then his eyes lights up and he dives right back in, "So, everyone was right ready to throw me out into the wilds again Sir Lieutenant. The stink was unbearable, even for me, and I'm sure ye know how no one truly minds the stink of their own brew. It were that bad!"

"So, the angry man had the huge dwarf hold me down. He took to to using some kind of terrible techno-whats-it vibro-cutters on me toes and feet while the fair elven lass said some kind of prayer over me. As if I were a dead man!" Tirgal nearly shouts before calming down some, "It were troubling, Sir Lieutenant, but not so much as when the metal spider started spritzing me feet with some kind of evil concoction. Overall it was most unpleasant, truly, but I endured. I had complete faith in me new friends. Not to mention that I would have hated having to shoot any of them over it, of course, so I took their hazing as one does."

Tirgal looks woefully at his cleanshaven feet and shrugs, "I'll give them this, Sir Lieutenant, their actions got rid of the stink. The mushrooms died off, and the rest of the journey was just fine. It's a pleasure to meet ye by the way, Sir Lieutenant. Ye can call me Tirgal. That's me name, Tirgal Danvanbor."

"Oh, one last thing, if ye don't mind terribly, Sir Lieutentant," Tirgal asks the officer, "do ye think I could get some of these metal whats-its we found in me and working right as rain? Seems like you folks like your metal doodads and fancy twisty-bobs, so I want to give them a try too! Just, eh, don't break anything when you're putting them in me if ye don't mind."

"Oooh, meal time again is it @Dr. Asterisk?" he answers the metal spider, "Ye know me all to well my metallic friend. They say the way to any half folk's heart is through their stomach. Every few hours, preferably, but we'll take what we can get, of course.

Tirgal Danvanbor, Half-Folk Vagabond
Pace: 5(d4); Parry: 7(1); Toughness: 18(10)
  • Brave: +2 to Fear checks and –2 to rolls on the Fear Table.
  • Danger Sense
  • Elan: +2 when spending a Benny to reroll a Trait roll.
  • Hard to Kill: Ignore Wound penalties when making Vigor rolls to avoid Bleeding Out.
  • Iron Will: +2 to resist Smarts or Spirit-based Tests. The bonus now applies to resisting and recovery from powers.
  • The hero has expert knowledge of the supernatural forces common to Rifts Earth and is trained to exploit their weaknesses. When confronted with a supernatural opponent, Monster Slayers may take an action to roll Occult to identify a foe, its characteristics, and common tactics. The GM may impose penalties for uncommon or unique beings.
    If successful, the Monster Slayer has identified the foe, the GM reveals the being’s weaknesses (if any) and the Monster Slayer’s advice grants allies a +1 bonus to Trait rolls versus such creatures until the end of the encounter. On a raise, the target’s special abilities of note (if any) are revealed, and the bonus to Trait rolls is increased to +2.
  • Sharpshooting is a lesser version of the Aim maneuver (which it does not stack with) and includes the bonus from the Marksman Edge. Sharpshooting applies to all Shooting or Athletics (throwing) actions in a turn, and may be used while moving up to the hero's Pace in a round (but not running).
    Sharpshooting attacks may be used in combination with the Double Tap Edge and firing modes like Three-Round Burst, but not Rapid Fire or other Edges which include attacking at a Rate of Fire above 1.
    : Sharpshooters can move about and still focus their attention on aiming. They are experts at ricocheting shots, bulls-eying thrown moving targets, and other feats of skill using their ranged weapons. When making ranged attacks at Rate of Fire 1, the sharpshooter may either gain a +1 to hit or ignore up to 4 points of penalties from Called Shots, Cover, Illumination, Range, Scale, or Speed.
  • Take 'Em Down: Rifts Earth is full of big mean enemies of all kinds whether they be tanks, dragons, or Techno-Wizardry automatons. When attacking MDC targets with a Mega Damage attack, characters with this Edge add +4 AP to their attacks.

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/3; Flamespitter PPE: 10/10
Bennies: 8/6; Conviction: 0/1
Edit Signature
Robert

Post by Robert »

Robert tentatively picks up the glass, sniffs at it, makes a face of sheer french canadian superiority, and sets the glass back down.

"Lieutenant, what can I say? The little one is not wrong, his stench was worse than Rhino-Buffalo stew, no?"

"As for the rest, we encountered some creatures out in the wild and, I must say, Ms. @Elennar gave me astoundingly good advice that let me point Matilda true. That one is a born leader."
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: January 15, 110 PA
Mission: Day 12
Time: 2250
Weather: 40 degrees warmer for the season (warm); no wind; heavy rain
Ley Line: Ley Line
Scene modifiers:
  • Light/Visibility: -2 for rain, -4 darkness (-6 total)
Round 0

Lieutenant Winston puffed on his cigar and sipped at his scotch as he listened to all the reports. To Elennar, he said, “The salvage will be good. I’ll get the quartermaster on that. As for your recruits, well, the dwarf has all the paperwork done and legal from the Castle putting him on your team. The small guy isn’t even a Legionnaire yet,” he pointed out.

Then the spider-robot showed...slides.

Victor gave his rambling account. “More daemonix?” Winstong gruffed. “Well, those idiots in Tolkein did release a lot of those bastards,” he had to admit. “They’re startin’ to spread out.”

He seemed a lot more concerned about the xiticix sighting. “Any indication from those bugs there’s a colony around?” he asked warily.

Ryder gave his account, and mentioned the light in the ruins of Council Bluffs. “Be careful on that side of the river,” Winston warned. “That’s Coalition territory. We’ve been lucky they ain’t noticed us so far, but I wouldn’t put it past them to secret an observer there. We just don’t know the area as well as we’d like,” he admitted. “We’ll definitely keep an eye on it.”

“But yeah, talk to the cyber-docs. We can get that salvaged gear cleaned up and in you,” Winston said.

The little one seemed interested in the cyber, too. “We can set you up, if yer joinin’ the Legion,” Winston said. He pulled out a tablet and handed it over to Tirgal. “Fill out the application form. You get a signing bonus. Then talk to the cyber docs.”

“Sounds like a mission well done,” the dogboy lieutenant said. “Dr. Asterisk, since you just completed your first Tomorrow Legion mission, and on your sergeant’s affirmation, I’ll promote you to full Junior Legionnaire,” he told the spider-bot.

“The rest of you, I’ve got your pay right here.” He handed each of them a credit stick. “I’ll roust the soldiers out of the barracks so you all can get to your beds.”
Pay: 2 weeks plus Hazard
Vik (Staff Sergeant, Team Leader, Heroic): 7500 credits
Elennar (Lance Sergeant, Team Second, Heroic): 7300 credits
Ryder (Specialist, Heroic): 7300 credits
Dr. Asterisk (Junior Legionairre, Seasoned): 5580 credits
Robert (Recruit Legionairre, Seasoned): 5490 credits
Lithium Rose (Recruit Legionairre, Novice): 5160 credits
Dorn Giantslayer (Recruit Legionairre, Novice): 5160 credits
Tirgal Danvanbor (Recruit Legionairre, Seasoned): 5490 credits
Combat Notes
Initiative:
Ryder (Danger Sense)
Robert (Level Headed)
Lithium Rose (Quick, Uncanny Reflexes)
Dr. Asterisk
Elennar (Master Tactician)
Tirgal Danvanbor
Vik
Dorn Giantslayer (Quick, Uncanny Reflexes)

GM Notes
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Return to “Adventure Forum”