Karsk

Re: Journey to Hope

Post by Karsk »

Karsk looked at the new arrival and nudged Marvin

"Look Lunch, they sent us a pack up."
Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ash smacked the captain on his arm as she went past him.

"She's not a robot, idiot," she muttered irritably.

By the time she reached Brianna, she tried to give the newcomer a welcoming smile, but it came out pretty strained.

Another Coalition expat? Could she be some kind of spy? No, that made no sense. If she was a spy she wouldn't have said anything. So that meant it was kind of nice having someone around she could maybe talk to...but it also meant the CS might come looking for Brianna, and find their old friend Ashley too. A two-for-one, you might say. Great savings.

"Hey," she said to the redhead. "I'm Ashley. Nice to meet you." Ash offered a hand to shake, then peered down into the crate curiously.

"So, uh...nice ride over?"
Vik

Post by Vik »

Ashley Logan wrote:"She's not a robot, idiot," she muttered irritably.
Vik squints, scrutinizing the newcomer a bit more carefully.

"Eh, oh, like she's one of them partially-converted 'borgs, then? Not The New Generation, but prosthetically-inclined? Ah, well, reckon she's got a trick or two implanted, right Hairy? Nothing to be shamed of for making use of accessories."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 5/20
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Charlemagne blushes...can a Lyn-Srial blush? If they can, he did. "This is most certainly not for recreation, and a more impolite assumption I cannot imagine right now. She is now a valued member of our team, and well-armed, it would seem." He allows himself a hearty chuckle at his own joke, then straightens up. "Your former commander is outmatched at the start, even should he bring the cowardly Basques in a Death's Head Transport. Certainly, with your gifts, we are that much more formidable a force."

Turning to Captain Norris, he acknowledges the salute. "I believe this is the last of our needs at this time. Let us depart as soon as you will." Charlemagne inhales deeply, taking in the hot summer air mingled with the spray of the river. "May the blessings of the Almighty God and His Holiness the Pope be upon our travels."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature
Leonard IV

Post by Leonard IV »

Leo sports a Vulcan-arch as Brianna emerges from the cargo-box, quickly darting his gaze between various allies and Brianna -- hoping to confirm that this was as profoundly odd to them, as it was to him.

This is considered abnormal, correct? People don't just ship themselves in containers, often, do they?!

Unsure of an appropriate working response, "Well, uh. . .", Leo is jarred by Vik's sudden interjection -- overcome by an intense wave of fremdscham, he pinches the bridge of his nose and just shakes his head. At least until the captain waltzes by. . .

If Leo was uncomfortable before, he was now positively distressed. His left eye twitching as he stares in disbelief. . .

What is wrong with people!?

Relieved by Ashley's rebuke, Leo simply mutters, "Deja Vu. . ." Still profoundly perturbed by the act of wanton social bulimia, Leo tries to salvage some measure of amicable greeting but misses the opportunity, once more, to his propensity to over-analyze his interactions, not that the vastly disparate definitions of polite behavior that seem to dot the landscape like some hideously malformed mosaic made it an easy task. After Vik's. . . introduction, "You'll have to excuse him -- he's rabid, probably. We let him sleep where the fission engine vents contaminants and just douse him with iodine every so often, it seems to work, mostly." Nervously chuckling, Leo was only half-attempting to maybe lessen Vik's competency as to selfishly avoid watching a man get sawed in half. The thought curdles Leo's stomach nevertheless.

Mention of the CS is starting to raise Leo's hair on end, a wholesomely distressing feeling, and apparently, this woman had at one point in time been associated with them, that was going to complicate his introduction recalling prior conversations. "Uhh, well I'm Leonard the Fourth -- Logistical engineer. Pleased to make your acquaintance. . . Bri-Brianna, was it?" awkwardly holding a hand outstretched, Leo can't help but twinge at the thought of this newcomer suddenly maiming Vik. Not that it would be a surprise, "I hate to ask. . . but if you do wallop the man, uh, please give me a forewarning -- I'm certain there might be a significant bloodborne hazard risk." Grimacing in genuine concern for that eventuality, Leo watches Charlemagne's reaction to the whole scenario.

At least Charlemagne is civilized. . .

Clearing his throat, Leo tacks on something of a verbal post-script, "Hrrm, yes, welcome to the team. Please don't hesitate to ask if you ever need something repaired."
Leo IV

Bennies: 5/3

Golden Bennie 1/1

Quick-Stats
  • ISP: 20/30
  • Parry 5
  • Tougness 11(5)
KahlessNestor

Re: Journey to Hope 1.1: The Journey Begins

Post by KahlessNestor »

“Hah! Well-armed! Nice one, Charlie!” Captain William Norris guffawed loudly, slapping Charlemagne hard on the back, in that sensitive area between the wings. He gave the Lyn-Srial a queer look at the mention of the pope, though.

“Sure, friend,” he said. “We’ll be anchor up in ten.” With that, the crude old captain turned to walk up the barge and hop across the short distance onto the tow boat.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Brianna wrote: Straightening up she looks to Charlemagne. "Sir." she is a little puzzled again not used to things outside the Coalition. "Command saw fit to send me as I used to work with the CS in the parts near where we are headed. They feel my training should serve us well. I must warn you however that should the CS understand that I am with you my old C.O. may take a special interest in our assignment."
Having already known the contents of the container Thomas is unsurprised by the woman jumping out. But he is surprised by the insanity he hears her speak. Waiting until things are in motion and the outsiders have left Thomas says to himself. "Did our commanders have a stupid plan contest before they sent her? If she is wanted by the CS patrolling the area we are in why would she be here without a disguise or at least trimming and dying those locks. Sometimes the people in command amaze me with their lack of foresight."
Offering the cyborg some of the fine whine he had been lucky enough to score while in town he thought to himself. "Well, welcome aboard. Do you suppose we could talk you into wearing a concealing cloak, maybe changing your appearance a bit, and not mentioning in front of unaligned crews of strangers how your wanted?
"I do not think it would benefit any of us for some kid looking to get rich to sell you out."

Then he started thinking to himself. Is she a partial cyborg or a full cyborg, he always had trouble telling when they were considered full or partial, but she is pretty far gone so she must be at least one of those.
Condition
Charisma +4 (Persuasion d8+4)
Parry 5 (1)
Armor 15 (10)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Personal PPE: 16/20
Staff PPE: 10/10
Amulet PPE: 10/10

Active Effects
  • Elemental Mastery
Bennies 3
  • 3 Reset of Quarter
    -1 Spent for Contact
    +1 Benny from GM for just casting the spell and not waiting
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.
Brianna

Post by Brianna »

"I am not a sex-bot. I am human just like the you. I just have outfitted myself better to handle the DBs who seem to have us outmatched in most departments one way or another."

"Nice to meet you as well Marvin. Good to see one of you doesn't make ridiculous assumptions." As she glare more towards Vik giving him a wide berth.

"Thank you Thomas. I try not to drink on the job. I have changed my appearance slightly since my time with the CS. Also if any of these unaligned twits wants to run off and get themselves killed they can sure try to turn me in."
Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Feeling a little embarrassed, Ashley lowers her unshaken hand. Maybe cyborgs weren't into that, or...maybe Brianna could tell she was ex-Coalition and held it against her? She wasn't sure. Maybe best just to let it go.
Vik

Post by Vik »

Vik nudges Ashley after noticing the awkward attempt at a handshake.

"Don't worry there, Your Hotness, she don't seem like the warm an' fuzzy type 'a robo-woman, anyhow. Prob'ly be all technical specs from Coalition Soldier Quarterly 'sted of quality girl-talk, I wager. Funny tho, innit, how a little honest mis-assuming turns her off those as has good intentions, and sends 'er into the arms of those with silver tongues and menacin' palates. Can't save everyone from the stew-pot, more's the pity, or else there'd be nothing but haggis for the rest of us plebes, eh?"
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ashley stared at Vik for a second, trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about, then shook her head.

"Okay, first? Not 'your hotness.' Please. Not ever. Second, I think mistaking her for a sex-robot when she's clearly human kind of justifies her reaction. And last...what even is haggis? Is that a word you literally just made up? What are you even saying?"
Vik

Post by Vik »

Vik looks at Ashley quizzically:

"'Your Hotness don't do it for ya? Maybe 'Hot and Sour,' then? 'Sultry Scorcher?' 'Torrid Tart?' I will defer to your wishes, o' Lady of Thermal Delights," Vik says. "And whaddya mean what am I speaking? Queen's own, I am, with a little shine for good looks. And are you telling me you've never had a good haggis and chips? What's the post-apocky-lipstick world come to?"
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Looking at Vik as if the poor man was speaking a language he did not understand Thomas goes against his better nature and says. "Perhaps a better name would be simply to call her Ashley, or Ms Logan."
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.
Vik

Post by Vik »

Thomas wrote:Looking at Vik as if the poor man was speaking a language he did not understand Thomas goes against his better nature and says. "Perhaps a better name would be simply to call her Ashley, or Ms Logan."
"What's the point of being on a team of superhero secret agents if we don't get code names, Tommy?"
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Karsk

Post by Karsk »

Karsk looked at Vik like he'd grown a second head.

"Karsk like you Vik. Karsk think you touched in the head."

He turned to face Brianna

"Karsk, tracker," he introduced himself, the Simvan thumping his chest.

Return to “Adventure Forum”