2.2 New Alamo: The After Party

Charlemagne

Re: 2.2 New Alamo: The After Party

Post by Charlemagne »

Charlemagne shakes his head at Nazo. "Belay that, Nazo. My esteemed second believes he can make short work of them from the wall. I favor this plan, though I confess I was unsure of the limit of his ability to send water into their ranks. I considered following the sun-bearing Cassowary into melee as the more certain victory."
He turns and addresses Ryder. "My friend, I would still like to affix the stones to your vehicle, as many as will cover it in blessed sunlight. Let us leave the headlong charge as a tactical option. If Karsk should be unable to saturate the bulk of their force, I would see them run down by your impressive gift for the wheel. I will be at the fore with you."
Saluting and addressing Karsk, he agrees to his plan. "Once Ryder's vehicle is so outfitted, Karsk, please begin bathing our enemy. I will join you on the wall for a better vantage, and will run sorties to clean up stragglers. Ryder and Ashley, await my call. Barinthasheer must still work the gate, if you would, good sir. Lower it on my signal, and raise it again once the Cassowary is over. Vik, Thomas, attend to our guest. Nazo, you are relieved to secure your modesty. Rejoin Vik and Thomas once you are clothed."
He hoists his shining sword into the air. "For Almighty God and His Holiness, The Pope; to victory, to battle!" He offers his sun stone to Ryder, then moves to the wall to survey the enemy.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature
Nazo

Post by Nazo »

Nazo joins her blade to Charlemaignes at the opertune time caught up in the fervor of his call to arms, ” For the Pope!” She snaps a shoulder paldron on her transparent armor shut muttering, ”Modesty secured.” Sadly it does little to hide anything.
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Ryder nods to Charlemagne. "Lemme just pull the Cassowary into position. Then we can rig it with all the sunstones you want. If the blood-leeches run away from the moat too far, then we can lower the gate and drive out there, make a sweep of 'em before they can get to whatever wormhole they've got nearby."

He matches word to deed, pulling the Mountaineer into position, about fifteen feet from the gate, just close enough that a jackrabbit start should get them across in a single lunge.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: September 19, 109 PA
Time: 0202
Weather: Temperature normal for season (warm); no wind, no rain
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark -2 illumination
  • Visibility: NA
Round 0

“Hi Reynolds, it me Barinthasheer."

“Bari?” Reynolds said as he and Nara came over to him. “Wow, you’re a…”

“Dragon!” Nara said with amazement.

Reynolds wasn’t sure he liked the way she was looking at Barinthasheer.

Whiskey Pete winced as Vik hauled him up, holding him out to Barinthasheer to take a nibble.

“I had no choice!” Pete exclaimed. “She was in my head! She made me help them! That wasn’t my son and daughter anymore, not after Soledad got them.” He broke down.

The howls of anger beyond the moat intensified, wild vampires with no leader, dangerous and frustrated.
Instructions
  • We will wrap this up with a Dramatic Task. Make a roll at -4 for the sheer numbers out there and narrate your awesomeness.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Karsk

Post by Karsk »

Psionics 7
OOC Comments
[dice:uk16912v]46250:0[/dice:uk16912v]
[dice:uk16912v]46250:1[/dice:uk16912v]

Extra effort[dice:uk16912v]46250:2[/dice:uk16912v]
1 fatigue
Won't let me eat his heart now Karsk sighs as he goes onto the walls.

Reaching out with his mind, he began stirring the moat water, ready to splash all the vampires at once rather than catch a few and let the others escape. The intent was not to just splash the vampires, but maintain control of the water and return it to the moat afterwards.
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

OOC Comments
Scene -4; Ace +2; Handling +1
Driving [dice:1txtavmv]46254:0[/dice:1txtavmv]
Wild Driving [dice:1txtavmv]46254:1[/dice:1txtavmv] ACE [dice:1txtavmv]46254:2[/dice:1txtavmv]
Extra Effort Benny w/ Elan [dice:1txtavmv]46254:3[/dice:1txtavmv]
The Trimadore comments to Ashley, as they wait for the signal to join the fray, "You know, this world has a legend that the sun was the god Apollo, driving his flaming chariot across the sky. I kind of like that imagery here." When the gate finally lowers, Ryder guns the engine, launching across the drawbridge and into the scattered Vampires. Frequently, he manages to smash into a cluster, stunning them just long enough to let the sunstones do their work. One time, he even parks on top of a vamp to hold it still and let the sunlight burn it away to ash. Naturally, he frequently stops to let Ashley blast with either fire or water, as seems most appropriate to the situation at the time.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Charlemagne's whirling blades of silver fury
Fighting, -4 scene penalty
[dice:1gmxefu4]46273:0[/dice:1gmxefu4]

Ace with prior
[dice:1gmxefu4]46273:2[/dice:1gmxefu4]

WD Fighting
[dice:1gmxefu4]46273:1[/dice:1gmxefu4]
Once the Cassowary is appropriately outfitted, Charlemagne gives the dragon the word. "Once more unto the breach, my friends. Drop the bridge!" True to his command, he launches himself into the fray. He intentionally cancels the light of the enchanted blade, drawing a cluster of wild vampires, each eager to drain his enchanted blood. Surrounded by a small horde, he finally lets loose the sunlight found in one of his twin blades. The silver element of his psi-blades joins with the silver encasing the two chainswords, each one a fright to the vampires. In unison, the four blades become a whirling dance of light and silver, hewing limbs, slicing chests, and decapitating several of the bloodsuckers before they can land even a scratch on the knight. "The Almighty will see your curse ended, and to ash you will return!" The blaze of sunlight serves to ward off those vampires that weren't caught in his initial burst, herding them either towards the psionically controlled moat, or the sunlight-ensconced mountaineer.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection