Time: 0240
Weather: Temperature normal for season (warm); no wind, no rain
Ley Line: None
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark (-2 illumination penalty)
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

Instructions
  • Include a Notice roll at the top of your post.
  • Include a straight Vigor roll if you rode in the howdah. Failure, take a level of Fatigue; Crit Fail and you are Exhausted.
  • I will assume the first person who responds was the person on watch.
  • I will also assume that out wilderness traveling you are all more or less sleeping in body armor, or enough so that you can just quickly strap on and be ready. This isn’t the comfort of a secure town. It will be an action to get combat ready behind the wheel of a vehicle or to mount Toad.
As morning dawned, the Trailblazers took a moment to get all the refugees situated that were coming north with them to Fort Hope. As many as could fit were in the Cassowary and the rest atop the vehicle in the howdah. A trailer attached to Whiskey Pete’s Big Boss was filled with food and water and what remained of Whiskey Pete’s alcohol by the grateful residents of New Alamo. The repentant trader would accompany you to Fort Hope, promising to keep his eyes and ears open for you as he made his trade rounds.
OOC Comments
You have gained Whiskey Pete as a Contact. He can help you with trade and information.
As you traveled, you took it easy. The Cassowary didn’t handle as well with the howdah on top, so it was a bit of getting used to the vehicle’s new center of gravity and how well it could maneuver. Your first two days of travel passed uneventfully.

On the second night, the travellers camped in a small stand of trees near a river. The cookfires are low and everyone but the watch are asleep. The first indication of trouble is the light night breeze brings a soft whine to your ears. Then lights appear in the darkness and seem to be coming toward your camp.
Notice Success
There seem to be a number of lights. They are about 60” away. They are traveling south, but in a direction a bit more west. They might pass you on that trajectory, but they have obviously noticed your camp since a couple of the lights break off and head toward you.
Notice Raise
You can make out 6 hovercycles and a Titan Combat Robot. Two of the hovercycles have broken off to come investigate your camp. Both have a driver and passenger.
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Karsk/Toad (Quick)
Vik
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Barinthasheer
Ashley
Thomas
Whiskey Pete

Enemies:
Maps
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 2/2
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Nazo

Re: 2.3 New Alamo: The Journey Home

Post by Nazo »

Nazo does her best durimg the travel to keep her feelimgs under control but every so often she does let her radar settle on the magnificience that is Thomas. It was especially easy for her to perv on him during the evening rest stops. Fortunatly Pete had been forced to accomany the group and while takimg it easy in the howdah she was able to get a bottle of sake out of him just in case things went from bad to worse.

It was during the second night as she watched Thomas through her sightless radar from afar that she contimplated chugging the entire bottle. Fortunately something more interesting than drowning her feelings interupted her watch.

Beauty knows no bounds when I am within its tender grasp. Nazo you must not think like that. My heart will yearn for what it is not ready for. Nazo, you... You swore to Charlemagne you would bury any feelings. Fine, Sake it is... Wait, it seems like something is passing our camp by. A few fast movimg small vehicles, and a large walking armored robot.

She crouched low by a rock reaching for her celestial blade and activated the radio to the group, ”Time to wake up sleepy heads. Two fast craft approach our position.”

Notice [dice:380wjre0]48500:0[/dice:380wjre0] ace [dice:380wjre0]48500:4[/dice:380wjre0]wild [dice:380wjre0]48500:1[/dice:380wjre0]
Vigor [dice:380wjre0]48500:2[/dice:380wjre0] wild [dice:380wjre0]48500:3[/dice:380wjre0]
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice:flnshi5n]48618:0[/dice:flnshi5n]
Wild Notice [dice:flnshi5n]48618:1[/dice:flnshi5n] ACE [dice:flnshi5n]48618:2[/dice:flnshi5n]
Raise!
A 'transporter' who sleeps soundly is a transporter who wakes up surrounded by angry guards. The change in Nazo's soft breathing was practically enough to have Ryder snapping awake and alert; as she whispered into his ear via the radio, he activated the seals on his armor, and started scrambling towards the driver's seat, tapping Ashley as he passed, and hoping she wasn't as prone to lashing out uncontrollably as she sometimes indicated. In his experience, people who actually worried about that sort of thing were far less dangerous than the ones who insisted they never lost control.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer »

Notice
Notice [dice:2eccxxaq]48620:0[/dice:2eccxxaq]
Wild [dice:2eccxxaq]48620:1[/dice:2eccxxaq]
"Hmm? Wazhapening..?" the sleepy dragon asks, lifting his head to survey the scene on being awoken by the whine of hoverbike engines. "Visitors? Should I get small to not scare them?" he asks of whomever is near to him.
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 50 (30)/10 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/5; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 13/20; PPE 9/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards

• Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/ooc]
Karsk

Post by Karsk »

Notice
[dice:ahxju58p]48658:0[/dice:ahxju58p]
wild dice [dice:ahxju58p]48658:1[/dice:ahxju58p]

Karsk hops on Toad for the journey back, moving at the sedate pace, which suited Toad. However, Karsk was glad to heading back to familiar surroundings. All this desert did not agree with him.

As they camp and spot the lights approaching, Karsk spots them and moves, picking up his vibrospear.

"Could be trouble," he growls, "karsk ready for action."

He leaps onto Toad, who moans as it was eating its way through a creature Karsk caught earlier. Karsk moves Toad into position that if the lights are a threat, Toad will be able to charge them.
Vik

Post by Vik »

Notice Fail, Vigor Crit Fail
Notice [dice:2uuy2c5r]48684:0[/dice:2uuy2c5r]
Wild [dice:2uuy2c5r]48684:1[/dice:2uuy2c5r]

Vigor [dice:2uuy2c5r]48684:2[/dice:2uuy2c5r]
Wild [dice:2uuy2c5r]48684:3[/dice:2uuy2c5r]
"Just fuckin' shoot me, Charles, I'm beggin' you," Vik moans, not for the first time, as he retches and dry heaves into the dirt at one edge of the camp. "It's like a ruddy riot of footie hooligans stompin' tribby wankers in my guts. I can't take it, like them shit-weasels from Stephen King or like aliens, swimming 'round the septic system."

Although normally possessed of the iron guts of a professional drinker, Vik has been laid low by a particular bottle of rotgut tequila Whiskey Pete had been holding back from public consumption -- for good reason. As it turns out, the worm in the bottle (which Vik had consumed on a dare) was of an alien species that, while not fatal, was known as a 'Mexican Anger Worm' for the effect it tends to have on victims as it thrashes out its death throes in the intestines of those who consume one.

So it was that Vik found himself hunched over, squirming in the dirt and exhausted from vomiting himself dry when the encounter with the unknown force began. On the upside, he was still wearing his armor because he'd never managed to take it off, so violently had he been sick for such a protracted period of time.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 5/20
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Charlemagne
Notice
[dice:1vyz5wid]48763:0[/dice:1vyz5wid]

WD Notice
[dice:1vyz5wid]48763:1[/dice:1vyz5wid]

Vigor
[dice:1vyz5wid]48763:2[/dice:1vyz5wid]

WD Vigor
[dice:1vyz5wid]48763:3[/dice:1vyz5wid]
Charlemagne is rarely caught unawares. This was not one of those times, despite Vik wretching his guts into the thirsty earth and drawing much of Charlemagne's attention. "I'll not shoot you, nor can I fix the ill that has befallen you. All I can do is pray, and..." The lights do not escape his notice. With a thought, the metal shell of the Cyber-Knight's armor encases his form. He doesn't summon his blades just yet, but he does warn his team of the situation. "We have company. I will place myself between these visitors and our guests. Karsk, remain at my side. The rest of you, fan out and take cover on either side of us. Do not reveal your positions until flank advantage can be gained." He looks towards the Cassowary. "Ryder, your task is to keep our charges out of the reach of whatever carries these lights. If you must flee, then we shall cover your escape." He lifts a fist high in the air. "In the name of His Holiness, the Pope, and Almighty God!" He strides boldly to the front of the Cassowary, standing just in front of and off slightly to the side of Toad.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Bennies: 4
Current Status:
Wounds/Fatigue: 0 / 0
Parry: 8, -2 to hit with technological attacks
Toughness: 22 (12) (cyber armor active)
ISP: 30 / 30
Active Powers: cyber armor
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
Armor: Cyber-Knight Heavy Armor
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Full Environmental Protection
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • Damage: Str + 3x Spirit
  • AP 8 for single blade, AP 4 for double blades
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature
Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

"Ahh, ma guddah bah," Ashley babbles when Ryder gives her a smack. She sits up, helmet off, and looks around blearily.

"My turn already?" she asked...then frowned as she picked up on the trimadore's mood. "What's wrong?"

Ryder pointed out the window, and Ash spotted the oncoming lights of the caravan...and the vehicles that had peeled off to come at them. She swore softly and grabbed her helmet off the floor, plunking it over her head and engaging the seals.

"So what's the plan?" she asked. "Are they looking for trouble, or just checking us out?"

Rolls
Notice [dice:atw4h0ux]48775:0[/dice:atw4h0ux] or [dice:atw4h0ux]48775:1[/dice:atw4h0ux]
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer »

Charlemagne wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:54 am
Charlemagne
Notice
[dice:3a1hu8i2]48763:0[/dice:3a1hu8i2]

WD Notice
[dice:3a1hu8i2]48763:1[/dice:3a1hu8i2]

Vigor
[dice:3a1hu8i2]48763:2[/dice:3a1hu8i2]

WD Vigor
[dice:3a1hu8i2]48763:3[/dice:3a1hu8i2]
Charlemagne is rarely caught unawares. This was not one of those times, despite Vik wretching his guts into the thirsty earth and drawing much of Charlemagne's attention. "I'll not shoot you, nor can I fix the ill that has befallen you. All I can do is pray, and..." The lights do not escape his notice. With a thought, the metal shell of the Cyber-Knight's armor encases his form. He doesn't summon his blades just yet, but he does warn his team of the situation. "We have company. I will place myself between these visitors and our guests. Karsk, remain at my side. The rest of you, fan out and take cover on either side of us. Do not reveal your positions until flank advantage can be gained." He looks towards the Cassowary. "Ryder, your task is to keep our charges out of the reach of whatever carries these lights. If you must flee, then we shall cover your escape." He lifts a fist high in the air. "In the name of His Holiness, the Pope, and Almighty God!" He strides boldly to the front of the Cassowary, standing just in front of and off slightly to the side of Toad.
On being tasked to not reveal his position Barinthasheer immediately shrinks to his human form. He moves over to the stricken techno-wizard and easily hoists him to his feet, "I will help you hide Mr. Vik. Please do not vomit on my clothes, they are the only ones I have." He ponders the humans weird positions on nudity as he helps Vik to cover. In this form I must wear clothing but in my natural form it is acceptable to not wear them. In fact it may be considered odd it I did?
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards

• Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/ooc]
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Notice crit fail, Vigor success
Vigor [dice:3hr4iz1a]48866:0[/dice:3hr4iz1a]
Wild Die [dice:3hr4iz1a]48866:1[/dice:3hr4iz1a]
  • Benny to reroll
    Vigor [dice:3hr4iz1a]48866:4[/dice:3hr4iz1a]
    Wild Die [dice:3hr4iz1a]48866:5[/dice:3hr4iz1a]
Notice [dice:3hr4iz1a]48866:2[/dice:3hr4iz1a]
Wild Die [dice:3hr4iz1a]48866:3[/dice:3hr4iz1a]
Thomas hated the endless excuses for traveling all over the place. But at least this time they were allowed to travel at a reasonable pace and where not being yelled at. Even so his body ached and the soreness in his muscles from trying to safely ride on the howdah which teetered back and forth left him exhausted. He was asleep within an hour of stopping and no simple communication over the radio would be enough to rouse him.
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: September 28, 109 PA
Time: 0241
Scene modifiers:
Round 0

The two approaching lights grow closer. As Ryder powers up the Cassowary, they veer around the camp, circling it. There are two figures on each bike, a driver and passenger. They circle around the camp and head back toward the larger mass of lights, stopping about halfway between them and the camp. The larger mass of lights changes direction and starts to approach.

As they grow closer, the lights separate out into six dual-passenger hoverbikes. The passengers all get off the backs of the bikes, spreading out further in the tall grass. Behind them comes the massive form of a Titan Combat Robot with a blazing light that shines directly into the camp, blinding you.

After a squeal of a PA system, you hear, “And now what do we have here?”

The refugees in the camp murmur in fear, huddling together. There isn’t really any place to hide in the flat plains of Texas.
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Ryder (Level Headed, 2 cards, Danger Sense)
Nazo (Danger Sense, Sixth Sense, Quick)
Karsk/Toad (Quick)
Vik (Exhausted -2)
Charlemagne (Cyberkinetic -2)
Barinthasheer
Ashley
Thomas
Whiskey Pete

Enemies:
Maps
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 2/2
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Nazo

Post by Nazo »

Nazo stands tall on what amounts to as a small rock adding a foot or two to her hight. Her blades are drawn and her hat obscures much of her face except for the slight smile of her lips. She cries into the night, ” We are the heroes of New Alamo, and defenders of the fort of hope! While our feelimgs of love must be repressed, I assue you the fury with which we fight is unleashed ten fold! Now who are you robot master?”
Intimidation 14
Skill to roll after hangout convo: Intimidation [dice:2dfiioix]48888:0[/dice:2dfiioix] ace [dice:2dfiioix]48888:2[/dice:2dfiioix] ace [dice:2dfiioix]48888:3[/dice:2dfiioix]wild [dice:2dfiioix]48888:1[/dice:2dfiioix]
Combat info
Active Powers:

Weapons:

Ryder

Post by Ryder »

OOC Comments
Repair [dice:2lsy88bs]48913:0[/dice:2lsy88bs] ACE [dice:2lsy88bs]48913:2[/dice:2lsy88bs]
Wild Repair [dice:2lsy88bs]48913:1[/dice:2lsy88bs]
Raise: [dice:2lsy88bs]48913:3[/dice:2lsy88bs] Rounds
Dammit.
So, gonna say this is:
Round 1: Retrieve Laser Cannon
Round 2: Pull cables out to set up connection
Round 3: Plug in Cannon
Round 4: Get Cannon 'set' as best he can on the back seats, making it possible to at least change the angle a bit. The seats will provide some soft cover (-2, probably, to be hit, but no added armor) when the hatch is opened, but that's about it.
Ryder responds to Charlemagne's orders over the radio. "Sorry, Boss, but much as I'd love to cut-and-run with a noble excuse to help me sleep at night, even if we could get all of the civvies loaded onto the Cassowary before things get ugly, with the loss of speed we suffered, I'd be lucky to outrun the armor unit, and those hoverbikes could ride circles around me til dawn. If we don't stop 'em here, then I just end up fighting 'em solo a few miles away, and we lose half the refugees, anyway."

Ryder contemplates outriders and the Titan. It's like a bunch of birds hanging around a buffalo. "Ash, stay at the controls; if shooting starts, crack the window and burn 'em if you have to. When I tell you, pop the back-hatch--but not until I say. We'll only get one shot at this, I think."

And he drags out the Helios Cannon from the storage pod it was in, preparing to hook it up to the Cassowary's power supply.
Ryder
OOC Comments
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Aeon Cassowary
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Persuasion
Persuasion - add 2 for Charisma, 2 for Psionic Presence, subtract 4 if the subject is CS or otherwise fears / distrusts d-bees
[dice:387vnoxs]48942:0[/dice:387vnoxs]

WD Persuasion
[dice:387vnoxs]48942:1[/dice:387vnoxs]

Benny reroll with Elan
[dice:387vnoxs]48942:2[/dice:387vnoxs]

WD Reroll
[dice:387vnoxs]48942:3[/dice:387vnoxs]
Charlemagne nods, though Ryder is likely too busy to notice. He checks the radio. "Your reasoning is sound. This new addition to the battlefield makes an effective escape unlikely. Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl; however, it does our cause no blessing. Very well. At least make whatever evasive maneuvers you are able."
He smiles as Nazo takes her position on the rock. Such bravery. An army of such as this one would be unstoppable in the face of any odds. He strides forward, flanking wide from Nazo to avoid clustering for artillery targeting. He shouts into the night air. "Verily, my companion has the right of it. We are returned from the destruction of a horde of vampires and the protection of life. We have no quarrel with you, and are merely travelers in this land. We bid you good fortune as you go your separate ways with no enmity." He begins to focus his thoughts, hoping for a peaceful response, but expecting the violence of a would-be bully in massive armor. His psi-swords still remain "sheathed."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Current Status:
Pertinent Edges: Improved Frenzy, Command, Champion, Improved Psi-Sword (Str + 3 x Spirit, AP 8 or AP 4 for double blades), Elan
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature
Nazo

Post by Nazo »

Nazo smiled ruefully at @Charlemagne’s sweet approach but her master taught her that more could be accomplished on the end of a sword tip than the end of a soft tongue. That’s it fearless leader use your honey trap, and I’ll be the coarse salt that we pour into their wounds.
Combat info
Active Powers:

Weapons:

Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer »

Setting Vik down behind a rock outcropping Bari looks over the scene and decides to try and get closer. In part so he doesn't have to close as much distance if things go sideways but mostly because he's never seen such a large machine before. In a stage whisper to Vik "I am going to turn invisible and sneak closer."
Psionics roll and notice
Psionics [dice:y3yt7nrk]48999:0[/dice:y3yt7nrk]
Wild [dice:y3yt7nrk]48999:1[/dice:y3yt7nrk] Ace! [dice:y3yt7nrk]48999:4[/dice:y3yt7nrk]

Notice [dice:y3yt7nrk]48999:2[/dice:y3yt7nrk]
Wild [dice:y3yt7nrk]48999:3[/dice:y3yt7nrk]

Feeling the power activate flawlessly Bari strides out avoiding cover so as to not make any noise. So intent is he on this that he fails to notice much else as he skitters closer to the giant robot, fully visible to its electronic sensors. I hope they are nice and let me look at the big machine. Are there people in it?
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards

Karsk

Post by Karsk »

Notice 7
OOC Comments
[dice:2tyyvfsb]49059:0[/dice:2tyyvfsb]
[dice:2tyyvfsb]49059:1[/dice:2tyyvfsb]
Karsk

He raises his magic armour on himself in anticipation of a fight, whilst he touches Toad on the back to protect him further.

Karsk expects trouble from them. He hefts his spear up ready just in case.

Psionics 12 Mega Armour Raise
OOC Comments
[dice:2tyyvfsb]49059:2[/dice:2tyyvfsb] [dice:2tyyvfsb]49059:4[/dice:2tyyvfsb]
[dice:2tyyvfsb]49059:3[/dice:2tyyvfsb] [dice:2tyyvfsb]49059:5[/dice:2tyyvfsb]
OOC Comments
Now Toughness 15 (9)
Toad Toughness 45 (28)
ISP 30
Vik

Post by Vik »

Moaning and clutching his abdomen like some alien monstrosity might burst out at any moment, Vik allows Barry to carry him away like a sack of uncooked tatties. Seeing the young dragon start to move off toward the approaching robot, Vik grabs his young protege's talon.

"Hold a tick, guv, 'fore you go running into Danger-Danger-Will-Robinson and get your fair scaled hide turned into to a natty suit of +5 plate mail."

Digging into his pack, Vik pulls out his View-Master of Mastery and gives himself a quick boost of TW know-how, then grabs his Hype-Me-Up Hypo and gives the dragon a shot of the ol' Blitzkrieg Bop.

Rolls
TW to activate Greater Boost Trait: TW on self, 1d10 base, +2 MM, -2 exhaustion, -2 MAP; then TW to activate Greater Quickness on Barry

Techno-Wizardry [dice:16j9rza0]49075:0[/dice:16j9rza0]
Wild [dice:16j9rza0]49075:1[/dice:16j9rza0] = Ace! [dice:16j9rza0]49075:2[/dice:16j9rza0]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan = [dice:16j9rza0]49075:3[/dice:16j9rza0] = Raise
+4d to Techno-Wizardry, +2 Common Knowledge and +1d Notice, -5 PPE

Greater Quickness: TW is boosted to 1d12+3, +2 MM, -2 exhaustion, -2 MAP
Techno-Wizardry [dice:16j9rza0]49075:4[/dice:16j9rza0]
Wild [dice:16j9rza0]49075:5[/dice:16j9rza0]
Benny for Extra Effort + Elan [dice:16j9rza0]49075:6[/dice:16j9rza0] = Raise
Barry gets two complete turns, ignoring 2 points of MAP each turn. He redraws initiative cards less than 8. The Adrenal Overload trapping adds +1 Parry and +1d Vigor. When the power expires, he must make a Vigor check or suffer fatigue that cannot be removed for 1d6 hours. -9 PPE
"There you go boy, a dose of the ol' Mother of All White Ladies. Dunno which way this goes, but you'll be buggering them bastards in loads of uncomfortable places no doubt either way," Vik says, as he rolls behind the best cover he can find to watch the fireworks.

Vik hit himself with Greater Boost Trait: Techno-Wizardry with a raise, granting +4d to Techno-Wizardry, +2 Common Knowledge and +1d Notice (from trapping).

Vik hit Barry with Exalted Quickness with a raise, granting the dragon two complete turns, ignoring 2 points of MAP each turn. He redraws initiative cards less than 8. The Adrenal Overload trapping adds +1 Parry and +1d Vigor. When the power expires, he must make a Vigor check or suffer fatigue that cannot be removed for 1d6 hours.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Group Intimidation 2
Intimidation [dice:vseky3xm]49089:0[/dice:vseky3xm]
Wild [dice:vseky3xm]49089:1[/dice:vseky3xm]
Time: 0242
Scene modifiers:
Round 1

”We are the heroes of New Alamo, and defenders of the fort of hope! While our feelings of love must be repressed, I assure you the fury with which we fight is unleashed ten fold! Now who are you, robot master?” Nazo cries out.

"Verily, my companion has the right of it. We are returned from the destruction of a horde of vampires and the protection of life. We have no quarrel with you, and are merely travelers in this land. We bid you good fortune as you go your separate ways with no enmity."

“New Alamo?” the robot pilot says. “That buncha preachin’ whores a day’s ride south? I heard they done all rode off north a fortnight ago. They call me Wild Bill, and this is my territory ya’ll be ridin’ through. Ah’m of a mind ta ask if ya’ll paid the toll. Merry, did they pay the toll?”

One of the hovercycle riders pulled off her helmet, shaking out her blonde hair. “No, Bill,” she said.

“Oh, an’ Ah’d like it kindly if ya’ll cease that magical mumbo-jumbo an’ keep yerselves where Ah can see ya’ll.” One of the weapons on the Titan immediately pointed at the invisible Barinthaseer. “We wouldn’t want anyone ta get jumpy.

“Now Ah’m mighty grateful fer ya’ll takin’ care a some bloodsuckers, if that’s what ya’ll did, but seems ta me that it’s only polite ta ask permission ‘fore ya go traipsin’ over a man’s territory, mebbe give a man a small gift fer the privilege. As a courtesy. ‘Cause this be a lot of people.” The Titan gestured to the huddled, frightened civilians. “Be a great shame if anyone got hurt ‘cause there was a misunderstandin’ and they had no protection.”

You can make a Notice roll
Success
You can make out that these bandits have been in a fight. There are laser burns and dings and such on their armor and equipment. Nothing that will compromise their fighting ability, but they’ve had a hard knock.
Raise
A few of the bandits are coughing. One coughs so hard he doubles over. You see him look at his hand and then wipe a smear of blood on his leg.
The blonde woman Merry is eying the refugees. She seems sympathetic to their plight.
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Nazo

Post by Nazo »

Nazo notice(alertness, danger sense, sixth sense): [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:0[/dice:21rrwpiv] wild [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:1[/dice:21rrwpiv] ace [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:2[/dice:21rrwpiv]

Psionics for speaklanguage: [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:3[/dice:21rrwpiv] wild [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:4[/dice:21rrwpiv]

Perhaps healing whatever ails them could be payment through their land.
The hard edge in Nazo’s voice continues to speak in a language all can understand, ” The signs were not well marked Wild Bill. I am Nazo of Kyoto the queller of Demons and disease...” She lowers her blades keeping them drawn but at her sides instead of poimted at them. Her hard edge lessens slightly, ” I can sense some are sick among you. While I am forbade to know love, I still have compassion for those in need. Bring forth those who are ill and I will see to their restoration.”

She shifts her weight in her MDC armor glad to have its protection. She also keeps her wide brimmed hat neatly over much of her face except her bountiful lips and rosey cheeks.
Staff of Life
Nazo has a staff of life with the greater heal power on it. Capable of healing sickness and disease.
persuation 13, 17 with greater healing power bonus
need to add +4 for healing power, Persuasion( untrained, +2 CHA, +2 bonus): [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:5[/dice:21rrwpiv] ace [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:8[/dice:21rrwpiv] ace [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:9[/dice:21rrwpiv]wild [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:6[/dice:21rrwpiv] ace [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:7[/dice:21rrwpiv]
Healing with the staff of life greater heal 18
Mysticism stsff of life: [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:10[/dice:21rrwpiv] ace [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:12[/dice:21rrwpiv]wild [dice:21rrwpiv]49093:11[/dice:21rrwpiv]
Combat info
Active Powers:

Weapons:

Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Inside the Cassowary, Ryder starts extracting cables from behind a panel, laying them out to the spot behind the seating where he's setting up his impromptu firing station. "Sounds like they're trying for diplomacy out there; we won't actually play laserjack-in-the-box 'til the shooting actually starts."
Ryder
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Aeon Cassowary
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer »

Seeing the weapon point in his direction Bari first looks behind him to make sure it's not pointed at someone else. Then he holds in hands in front of his face waving them about. Unable to see them himself he's perplexed but drops the power regardless. While the TW concoction that Vik gave him made Barinthasheer feel as though he could rip the great robot in half with ease as the pilots tone set him on edge he holds back. " Yes. We can help your hurt friend, also I would very much like to look at your giant machine." He wants to say more but recognizes the delicate situation that he may already have made worse.
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

"I can attack them," Ashley says to Ryder as she stares out the windshield at the bandits, "But I can't stop them from hitting our people. And that big robot, I might not be able to melt in time."
Karsk

Post by Karsk »

notice 5
OOC Comments
[dice:1fu3zpln]49233:0[/dice:1fu3zpln]
[dice:1fu3zpln]49233:1[/dice:1fu3zpln]
Karsk looks at the robot, keeping it in view. Toad Karsk could feel viewed the robot as a threat and wanted to smash it to pieces. Karsk urged Toad to stay calm, but readied to charge if combat was to break out. The robot would die at their hands and Karsk would feast on the heart of this Wild Bill. The fact that they had already fought meant they would be easier prey, but whom had they fought.

"Whom has Wild Bill been fighting tonight?"

OOC Comments
Armour round 2 on Toad
Vik

Post by Vik »

Notice 8
Notice [dice:2mfc37oo]49319:0[/dice:2mfc37oo]
Wild [dice:2mfc37oo]49319:1[/dice:2mfc37oo] = Ace! [dice:2mfc37oo]49319:2[/dice:2mfc37oo]
Barinthasheer wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:37 pm" Yes. We can help your hurt friend, also I would very much like to look at your giant machine."
"Comparing the size of our machines, is we? Well, have I got a wigglin' gizmo to show yas," Vik says, stumbling forward into ear-range, but keeping behind anything solid he can while the giant robot has its guns out.

The ailing techno-wizard keeps his visor down as much as he can while leaving a crack open in case of further digestive emergencies. Despite the distractions, he manages to peep a few key details of the opposing force.

"Been in a scrap, I'd wager, considerin' the look of you. And yer boys are leakin' like poor yours truly, though if they got into a bottle of dodgy old Peter's, my sympathies are extended," he says, before pausing to retch into the grass. "Might be we all listen to the nice choppy-choppy bird and call a mortar-terrarium, like a reprieve, on comparing knobs and have us an exchange of like, knowledge and pharmaceuticals, instead?"
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Notice 5 and Persuasion 11 or 15
Notice
[dice:148fy1ax]49324:0[/dice:148fy1ax]

WD Notice
[dice:148fy1ax]49324:1[/dice:148fy1ax]

Persuasion - support
[dice:148fy1ax]49324:2[/dice:148fy1ax]
One Ace with prior
[dice:148fy1ax]49324:4[/dice:148fy1ax]

WD Persuasion
[dice:148fy1ax]49324:3[/dice:148fy1ax]
One Ace WD with prior
[dice:148fy1ax]49324:5[/dice:148fy1ax]
Charlemagne shakes his head. "Friend, it's a great, wide world before you. If you wish to lay claim to a portion of it, which we would most certainly respect, you must demarcate it. Otherwise, how can you expect to keep a usurper from laying the same claim? How, also, can you expect to enforce your borders if even you are unsure where your land begins, and where mine begins?" He bows, then offers a concession. "We shall depart, forthwith, seeking your border and avoiding meandering through your lands in the future. In exchange, we shall do our part to inform those we encounter of your territory, preventing them from tromping your fertile lands without paying the toll first. I believe all reasonable parties would find that a fair arrangement, don't you agree?"
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Current Status:
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Intimidation 4
Intimidation [dice:2dd231ka]49433:0[/dice:2dd231ka]
Wild [dice:2dd231ka]49433:1[/dice:2dd231ka]
Scene modifiers:
Round 3

“If you want to know love, I’m sure we can work somethin’ out, sweetheart,” Wild Bill told Nazo with a chuckle over his PA system.

The blonde woman on the hover bike just rolled her eyes. “You can heal?” she confirmed. She motioned to one of her men, the one with the worst symptoms, and pushed him toward Nazo. “Let’s see what you can do.”

When Bari reappeared, Wild Bill said, “Good boy. An’ if ya’ll play nice, mebbe I’ll give ya a ride in ol’ Betty. If ya don’t, well, then ya get ta see how much of a bitch Betty can be.”

The Titan turned its attention to Karsk then. “We were out collectin’ our taxes,” he said, a bit of amusement in his voice. “Ran inta another bastard had the same idea, so we licked ‘em good. So ya understand why we ain’t keen on strangers runnin’ ‘round these parts.”

Wild Bill chuckled as Vik started blabbing and vomiting. “I’m not rightly sure what yer sayin’, friend, but I like the sound. Did ya say Pete? Whiskey Pete? I thought that looked like his trailer up on your roof,” the bandit in the robot armor noted.

“Yup. I’m here, Wild Bill,” Whiskey Pete said, leaning out the window and waving. “Had a spot of trouble, an’ these folks are helpin’ me out.”

Charlemagne spoke, and Wild Bill chuckled. “Round these parts, sir, your land is what ya can claim an’ defend,” he said. “Now ya’ll seem like nice folk, but I got mouths ta feed an’ equipment ta keep up, an’ it’s been a right lean trip. So Ah’d appreciate if we can get this issue of your payin’ the toll wrapped up nice an’ neat an’ we can all be on our way.” His tone grew more serious and the other members of the bandit gang shifted their weapons into a more ready position. But no one was aiming anything at anyone or shooting just yet.

Instructions
Last round of the social challenge! One more chance to talk your way out. You have a +1 to your rolls for having Whiskey Pete with you.
Count stands so far Bandits: 2; Trailblazers: 6
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Silver Tongued Cyber Knight
Persuasion - +1 for Whiskey Pete, +2 for Cyber Knight - Deduct for distinctive d-bee? -4 if CS citizens / sympathizers?
[dice:1n4ertjv]49476:0[/dice:1n4ertjv]
Benny EE with prior, Elan, and applied bonuses
[dice:1n4ertjv]49476:2[/dice:1n4ertjv]

WD Persuasion
[dice:1n4ertjv]49476:1[/dice:1n4ertjv]
Charlemagne smiles. "If your men need aid and succor, we can provide that in good faith. Beyond that, you'll extract no tithe from us, for we have none to give. We have our own hungry mouths to feed, and a long way to travel, be it through your lands or those I claim in the name of the Holy Roman Empire. I seek not combat, for in such a dangerous land as this, expending your forces on simple highwaymen is a precious price to pay. However, if combat you must have, then you'll not find us easy prey. And your men will not feel the relief of their ailments which my faithful companion is able to give." He gestures to Nazo to hold her position. "You may ask a toll, but are your men ready to forego healing in the name of a pitched battle they are ill-fated to fight in order to pad your coffers?"
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Current Status:
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer »

His mentor's magics were making him a bit jittery and the tone of the man in the robot has Bari on edge. He's considering his options when Charlemagne speaks up. Nodding in agreement with his leader Bari chimes in Yes, our toll will be healing your friends and if that is not good enough..." The young wyrm returns to his natural form in a massive expansion of scales claws and wings.. "Try your luck tossers!"
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards

Nazo

Post by Nazo »

Sex or Death? Warlords near Kyoto traded women like pawns why would it be any different in these strange lands. Nazo shethes her weapons and stows her staff neatly via a simple leather strap to her back. She nods to the man that was healed. No thank you was nessesary of course but she wanted him to know she would not undo her art with a blade.

Despite Charlemagnes words there was one more thing she could give, Bill in fact asked directly for it. Sadly she is unable to see Charlemagnes gesture and can only wonder what her true love Thomas may think of her! She calls to the one known as Wild Bill accepting his terms, ” Your offer for safe passage is accepted. Know this Wild Bill... I am not completly unfamiliar with men who deal in the pleasures of flesh. You have set a course of action that will haunt your dreams for the only molestation you shall find on this eve approaches. Prepare yourself Wild Bill I come for you.” Clad in her black protective armor with her wide brimmed hat pulled over much of her face, she then sets out on the journey betweeen her and the RA.
Combat info
Active Powers:

Weapons:

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

"Prosek's balls," Ashley swore under her breath. She was no great diplomat or anything, but one thing she'd learned trying to be a solo merc was that people with their backs to a wall would fight even if it seemed like a bad idea. This Wild Bill was trying to look out for his people. They were hurt, they needed gear and repairs. Not getting credits would be a slow death sentence, especially if word that they couldn't challenge people got around. And even if he backed down, they'd have to keep dealing with him.

She opened the ATV door and swung herself out and up onto the roof of the cab.

"Hey!" Ash shouted, turning up the gain on her helmet loudspeaker. "Look, we have a settlement not far from here! We have resources and could use some extra help keeping it all safe! Do you guys want a JOB? I mean, you seem like relatively okay people...robbery aside...and it seems like steady, paid work would be better than scraping by in the wilderness, sticking up random people. Even with a giant robot thing, sooner or later you're going to bite off more than you can chew doing that."

"Come with us back to the fort, see if we can work out something you can deal with. If not, you can go your way. It's just, you know, we have people to look after, same as you. If we have to fight your people to keep our people safe, we will. But maybe we can all have what we want, you know?"

Rolls: Persuasion 7, 1 benny spent
Persuasion [dice:h39ub4uj]49481:0[/dice:h39ub4uj] or [dice:h39ub4uj]49481:1[/dice:h39ub4uj]
I'll benny that to EE it [dice:h39ub4uj]49481:2[/dice:h39ub4uj]
Karsk

Post by Karsk »

Notice 3
OOC Comments
[dice:21w31fjx]49507:0[/dice:21w31fjx]
[dice:21w31fjx]49507:1[/dice:21w31fjx]
Karsk shakes his head as Bari suddenly changes. Karsk knew he was no use in these situations except for scaring people and could tell that the polite approach was actually working her; so no hearts for Karsk

"BARI, step back!" Karsk shouts at the Dragon, exerting his authority within the group for the first time.
Vik

Post by Vik »

Vik watches, puzzled, as Nazo stalks toward the robot, intent on showing Wild Bill something ... perhaps a little violent, but not entirely unpleasant?

"Wait a tick ... Is she fixing to shag ol' Robin Robot-Hood?" he asks to no one in particular.

Without waiting for answer, Vik pulls out his tools and starts cobbling together a drone that resembles a crystal eyeball held aloft by several tiny propellers. Once activated, it prompts turns invisible and darts after Nazo.

"Fly, my trusty recorder of 'fings what normally we only dream of, and gen'rally the sorts of dreams what end in a mess and like, explaining strange spots on one's knickers," he says. "Fly, and preserve these 'fings so's they can be known, and pondered of a lonely night alone with Lord Richard."

Using Arcane Machinist to craft a clairvoyance gizmo.
Success with a Raise
Techno-Wizardry [dice:321jdbh8]49571:0[/dice:321jdbh8]
Wild [dice:321jdbh8]49571:1[/dice:321jdbh8]

Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Ryder shoots Ash a quick thumbs-up; not a bad idea, actually, lots of folks in this line of work are there because they don't think there's a choice. Still, best to be prepared--cables laid out, he continues to work, hooking the laser cannon to the power supply--the subtle vibration of a powered energy weapon makes him feel a bit more comfortable. Now I just gotta get it set up on the seats.... It'll be crap for aiming, but hell, that Triax monster ain't gonna be hard to hit....
Ryder
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Aeon Cassowary
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Fear checks
Bandit leader
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:0[/dice:4t25kgbk]
Wild [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:1[/dice:4t25kgbk]
Ace [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:15[/dice:4t25kgbk]
Ace [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:17[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit second
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:2[/dice:4t25kgbk]
Ace [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:16[/dice:4t25kgbk]
Wild [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:3[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit 1
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:4[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit 2
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:5[/dice:4t25kgbk]
Ace [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:18[/dice:4t25kgbk]
Ace [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:19[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit 3
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:6[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit 4
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:7[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit 5
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:8[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit 6
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:9[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit 7
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:10[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit 8
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:11[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit 9
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:12[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit 10
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:13[/dice:4t25kgbk]
Ace [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:20[/dice:4t25kgbk]

Bandit 11
Spirit [dice:4t25kgbk]49625:14[/dice:4t25kgbk]
Scene modifiers:
Round 4

“Fancy words, chicken boy,” Wild Bill answered Charlemagne. “Seems your womenfolk have a hankerin’ for a real man, though.” He laughed as Nazo approached the Titan.

Ashley climbed out of the Cassowarry and called out to offer the bandits a job doing good work. Bill chuckled. “You wanna join the party, too, lady, you come right on over.”

The blonde woman on the hoverbike gave an eye roll. “We don’t have time for this, Bill. We got sick folk need gettin’ back if you don’t accept their help.” She stepped off her bike.

And then suddenly there was a dragon! The bandits fell into disarray, shouting in fear, Bill and the blonde woman yelling at them to pull it together and form up. Hoverbikes revved. Two of the bikes spun around and roared off into the darkness, taking their passengers with them. Another bandit leapt onto the blonde woman’s empty bike and sped off into the night as well, everyone remaining drawing weapons.

“Bill…” the woman said.

One could almost hear Wild Bill recalculating in his head. He was down three bikes and five men, almost half his force. The dominance of a Titan was now met by a dragon. The situation had definitely shifted.

“Stand down!” Wild Bill called out over the loudspeaker. “Well, folks, seems ya caught me on a good day,” the bandit leader said. “Ah’m feelin’ generous. Ah’ll let ya go on yer way seein’ as how ya helped out these parts with a vampire problem.

The Titan shifted, the weapons lowering, though still held warily as the robot backed up. The bandits remounted the remaining three bikes and then the troop started heading off into the night. The blonde woman paused and looked back at Ashley. “Go on, Bill,” she said.

“You serious about that offer?” the woman asked. “Steady pay? Three squares and a bed? Not robbin’ poor farmers?”
Instructions
Congratulations! You settled things without violence, and gained another ally! Anyone want to name her?
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ashley nodded at Mia.

"Totally serious. We're building something worth protecting out here, and we look out for each other. Kinda like what you have here maybe, except instead of robbing farmers, we keep them from being robbed. And, you know...houses instead of tents, food that doesn't come out of cans...that kind of thing. We can always use another hand."

She glanced back at the refugees and added, "And if you check it out and don't feel like it's right for you, no harm done. You'll be free to go."
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Time: 0244
Scene modifiers:
Round 0

The woman listened to Ashley closely before coming more into the light. She was older, maybe around forty, with a mature attractiveness about her. “Sounds a sight better than Wild Bill’s harem,” she said. “You got room for another, though?” she asked skeptically, seeing the number of refugees around the camp, some starting to settle down now that the threat had passed. She also eyed the dragon nervously.
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Ryder finally emerges, and the newcomer will see the impromptu firing station he'd set up inside the Cassowary'' cargo/passenger bay. "I'm gonna leave the laser cannon plugged in tonight, just in case we end up needing it, Boss," he informs Charlemagne. "Well have to unhook it in the morning, of course; with everyone packed in there, it'd be bad if it went off accidentally, and we can't really use it on the road like that in any case. You think I should prep it whenever we make camp for the night for the time being? Coulda been rough with that robot if they hadn't been willing to chat about the life of a highwayman."

Nodding to the woman, the Trimadore gives an amiable, long-limbed wave. "Hi, there, welcome aboard. My name's Ryder, and this is the Aeon Cassowary. She's normally prettier than this, but we have a lotta folks to transport, as you noted. It'll be snug, but we don't have too many more days to travel. Whoever complains gets to ride Toad." He points a thumb at the big beast, where Karsk is no doubt already sitting, watching the retreating hovercycles.
Ryder
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Aeon Cassowary
Karsk

Post by Karsk »

Notice 10
OOC Comments
[dice:2votk8vr]49681:0[/dice:2votk8vr] ace [dice:2votk8vr]49681:2[/dice:2votk8vr]
[dice:2votk8vr]49681:1[/dice:2votk8vr]
Run cowards Karsk watches as they flee from sight.

As the situation comes to a satisfactory (well, except Karsk did not get to eat the heart of a fallen foe) conclusion, he relaxes the field Karsk was generating surrounding Toad.
Ryder wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:26 am It'll be snug, but we don't have too many more days to travel. Whoever complains gets to ride Toad." He points a thumb at the big beast, where Karsk is no doubt already sitting, watching the retreating hovercycles.
"Rather be on Toad than that lump of metal." was Karsk's terse reply
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Stretching as he get up Thomas looks around a bit confused for a moment. He looks around mumbling "What is everyone making so much noise for?"

Seeing the bandits leaving Thomas realizes he missed so much. Oh crap, why did not one think to wake him. Now he is going to have to listen to Chuck lecture him about situation awareness or some other stuff. Perhaps it would be best if he poses defensively near the civilians and tried to look like he was ready to protect them? Then looking around he realizes, no it is too late, he will have to listen to the lecture and stick to the truth or all the useless things.

"What happened?"
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Special Abilities:
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Ryder chuckles at the freshly wakened Thomas, and extends a thumb at the woman. "Nothing much, just a recruitment drive."
Ryder
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Aeon Cassowary
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer »

Ryder wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:06 pm Ryder chuckles at the freshly wakened Thomas, and extends a thumb at the woman. "Nothing much, just a recruitment drive."
Walking up still in his natural form Bari is still jazzed from Viks cocktail of magic and narcotics and he is only too happy to fill in the details to the sleepy wizard. "There were.. hov-ver bikes.. and a giant mechanical person, that I think had a guy inside. and they came over all "You need to pay us to be here." And Sir Charlemagne and Ms. Nazo were all "We are heroes and will heal your hurt people but that is all." Except Ms. Nazo was gonna get love from WildBill because it is forbidden?? I do not understand that part. But then I was all small and invisible but the robot could still see me.. Does that mean it was a magic robot? How incredible would that be!... And WildBill, that's the robot man, said "You stop that invisible stuff" and pointed a Really Big gun at me. So I did. Then Ms. Ashley said "You should join us and help people." And I returned to my natural form and told them to be nice or else and a bunch of them ran away then Ms. Mia here decided to join us....<he waves to the newcomer> Hi Ms. Mia, I am named Barinthasheer…<back to Thomas> Then you woke up." His description includes attempts to mimic the speakers and he is very enthusiastic in telling it.
Vigor test for side effects, Crit Fail
Vigor [dice:sm1j0i4b]49720:0[/dice:sm1j0i4b] Wild [dice:sm1j0i4b]49720:1[/dice:sm1j0i4b]

His rambling ends with a titanic yawn as the spell ends, leaving him drained and barely conscious. "I think I am going to lay down now, suddenly not feeling so goo.." He stumbles to the edge of the camp and hits the ground, curling into a snorring ball before he can even finish his sentence.
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards

Vik

Post by Vik »

Barinthasheer wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:32 pmHis rambling ends with a titanic yawn as the spell ends, leaving him drained and barely conscious. "I think I am going to lay down now, suddenly not feeling so goo.." He stumbles to the edge of the camp and hits the ground, curling into a snorring ball before he can even finish his sentence.
Finally past the worst of his demon-worm-inflicted digestive issues, Vik chimes in.

"Yar, all's well I s'pose, 'ceptin' for the rather abrupt departure of thems that poor, dear, horned-up Naz was gonna get her kit off wif," the techno-wizard says, shaking his head sadly as he contemplates the scene he was this close to capturing on etheric film.

When Bari collapses at the edge camp, Vik nods sagely before retrieving his own pack and a ratty blanket from the Cassowary.

"Boy had his first dance wif the old White Lady, mind, and the experience appears to have left him a mite emptied. Me, I like to follow up a bit of nasal drip wif a side of vitamin K, but he don't seem to need the help dropping into snorty-snore-y land. Right idea, I reckon."

Almost tenderly, Vik spreads his blanket over one of Bari's giant, scaled arms ... then plops down himself, using the dragon for a pillow as he almost immediately descends into his own log-sawing slumber.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Charlemagne lets out a sigh as, somehow, the appearance of a dragon de-escalated the situation. Ashley's alternate tack on peace talks with an eye towards recruitment makes the knight chuckle and shake his head. Why didn't you think of that? He turns back towards his crew. "Well done, friends. Ashley, I am glad to nominate you for a commendation for your efforts. And..." He turns towards Mia. "Welcome to the Holy Ro...Tomorrow Legion. I am Charlemagne, the appointed commander of Fort Hope. We are glad to have you."
He heads to the Cassowary to survey Ryder's handiwork. "Yes, friend, I believe your suggestion is wise. Having such armament when we are otherwise defenseless and stationary is, at least, something to temper an enemy's advantage. If you need assistance in reassembling it at night, I could assign Vik to aid you, unless you have a different option in mind."
He moves to Nazo. "My friend, your body is not forfeit. Exchanging your body for passage will never be necessary. There are those who would extract their price, and turn on their word. I will not see you defiled and betrayed. Take comfort in our abilities to wage war. We shall not be defeated by such a ragged crew."
With that, the commander tours the assembled outfit, arranging them for the next leg of their journey.
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Current Status:
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness
  • Powered by 1 PPE/hour
Weapon(s) in hand:
2 Silver Chainswords
Psi-Swords (2)
  • MD with 2 ISP
Edit Signature
Nazo

Post by Nazo »

Nazo nods at Charlemagne, ” I have heard tales of lands like these. There is much for me to remember. No love and no forfeiting of ones body.” She snakes her dagger out of its sheathe. The blade gleams ethereal, ” If It came down to it, this blade might have been able to defeat the great armored monster.”

She puts the blade back in its sheathe and smiles at Charlemagne. ” I will heed your words and try to find their deeper meaning. It’s too bad we are out of Sake...”

She makes her way to the slumbering dragon and places her staff of life near him. ” I am not sure what ails you, but I heard your words. May this bring you comfort.” The staff glows white covering Bari’s body removing any poison.

Mystsim [dice:21ffto3m]49778:0[/dice:21ffto3m] wild [dice:21ffto3m]49778:1[/dice:21ffto3m]
Combat info
Active Powers:

Weapons:

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Looking at the dragon and the sympathy he is receiving Thomas wonders quietly. "What is the matter with him? Most people like drinking, maybe he is more of a wine person Vik can help sort him out."
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
Karsk

Post by Karsk »

Karsk looked at Bari, then at Vik, then Bari again.

"Vik broke the mountain Bari's back," he says, chuckling as he moved Toad next to Thomas.

Toad sniffed loudly at Thomas and let out a cheery grunt, before extending its tongue and licking Thomas from toe to head.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Karsk wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:24 pm Toad sniffed loudly at Thomas and let out a cheery grunt, before extending its tongue and licking Thomas from toe to head.
Toad's overly thick saliva dripping from him with a smell that threatens to bring up his lunch Thomas looks at the animal with disgust, then up to Karsk. "I know you did that on purpose." His eyes narrowed suspiciously and their final resting place left a little unsure if he was speaking to Toad or Karsk. Thomas moves away to wash off. Hesitant to speak the words he would like about the filthy animal for fear of Karsk telling the thing and the animal betraying him in the field of battle Chucky is so obsessed with.
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
Karsk

Post by Karsk »

Thomas wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:26 pm Toad's overly thick saliva dripping from him with a smell that threatens to bring up his lunch Thomas looks at the animal with disgust, then up to Karsk. "I know you did that on purpose." His eyes narrowed suspiciously and their final resting place left a little unsure if he was speaking to Toad or Karsk. Thomas moves away to wash off.
Karsk looks down at Thomas somewhat confused at what has occurred to see Thomas stood there drenched in Toad's saliva.

"Toad being friendly," he tells Thomas, almost shrugging, "perhaps Toad think you need a bath.". If a several ton apex predator can look hurt, Toad does, as it sags a tiny bit on its huge legs.

As Thomas walks away, Karsk looks down at the giant Rhino Buffalo.

"Good boy," he tells Toad, patting the Rhino Buffalo.
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Whiskey Pete Vigor 11
Vigor [dice:26f2kp52]49884:0[/dice:26f2kp52]
Ace [dice:26f2kp52]49884:5[/dice:26f2kp52]
Wild [dice:26f2kp52]49884:1[/dice:26f2kp52]
Mia Vigor 4
Vigor [dice:26f2kp52]49884:2[/dice:26f2kp52]
Wild [dice:26f2kp52]49884:3[/dice:26f2kp52]
Civilian Vigor 12 fails
Vigor [dice:26f2kp52]49884:6[/dice:26f2kp52]
Date: September 30, 109 PA
Time: 2028
Weather: Temperature 30 degrees colder for season (chilly); no wind, light rain
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dim (-1 illumination penalty)
  • Visibility: Lightly obscured (-1 visual penalty)
Round 0

The young bandit woman gave a small, tentative wave back to Ryder when he introduced himself. She was still staring at the large cannon he’d exposed when he got out. They hadn’t known that was there!

“Mia,” she introduced herself. “Mia Sikorsky.” Then she looked up at the simvan on the massive rhino-buffalo, the only thing they had been really concerned about if it came to a fight. There were plenty of simvan roaming around the Empire, and she knew enough to be wary of them lest she end up someone’s dinner.

A handsome, sleepy looking young man dragged himself from the back of the vehicle and asked what had happened. The big dragon spoke at rapid speed to catch the man up, and Mia couldn’t help but jump when the dragon turned his attention on her.

And then the dragon seemed to deflate and collapse into a snoring heap.

“Is he...okay?” Mia asked cautiously.

The strange-talking man reassured her that Barinthasheer was fine before flopping down to join the dragon in snoozeville.

Everyone seemed to go about settling down for the rest of the night, leaving Mia standing there wondering what to do. Finally she picked up her pack and found a quiet corner alone to roll out her bed. She overheard Nazo lament the lack of sake.

“I don’t have sake, but will vodka do?” Mia asked, digging a bottle out of her bag and tossing it to the woman in the big hat.

The next morning the team loaded up the howdah and the refugees again. Mia was placed atop with them. They eyed her with a bit of wariness, but there was no overt hostility. The day’s travel was rather uneventful, and the team camped beside a river with plenty of fresh water.

The following day they followed the river north. The temperature had dropped significantly, and there was a definite biting chill in the air. They came to a broad swath of damp fens, soft, marshy ground with a noxious air. It didn’t impede travel overly much, but everyone got a bit muddy, wet, and dirty. A few started coughing in the thick, fetid air. It didn’t help much when it started to lightly rain, and everyone was grateful when a significant island of solid ground was found in the marshy area to make camp.

Fires were lit and dinner served out as the refugees huddled together to get warm. No one was in a particularly great mood, and there were a few squabbles among the refugees. A few hours after making camp, though, the coughing could be heard, deep, chest rattling, lung-raking coughing from several of the refugees. Some even cough so much they hack up blood.
Instructions
Everyone needs to make a Vigor roll. If you are immune to disease (Barinthasheer) or never unseal your armor to eat, sleep, or do your business, you do not need to roll against disease. But you should probably then make a roll versus hunger, sleeplessness and to not mess your armor at -2.
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Vigor 16
Vigor [dice:233brqyy]49895:0[/dice:233brqyy]
Wild Vigor [dice:233brqyy]49895:1[/dice:233brqyy]
Extra Effort w/ Elan [dice:233brqyy]49895:2[/dice:233brqyy] ACE [dice:233brqyy]49895:3[/dice:233brqyy]
Ryder wasn't the sort to stay sealed in his suit just because of a little stink, but he manages to fend off whatever this is. Seeing it affect the refugees, he shakes his head. "Boss, we're gonna have to ride hard for a bit to get out of this miasma. Don't know if it's poison or an infection or what, but we gotta get away from it, fast. We should load the folks that are most affected inside--they'll be safe from getting worse in there, at least. Once we get through that list, I'd say kids and elderly inside, too, if there's still room. They tend to be the most affected." He waits for the confirmation, but will then get started on taking down the laser cannon that they'd set up for the night.
Ryder
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Aeon Cassowary
Karsk

Post by Karsk »

notice 1 critical fail
OOC Comments
[dice:zkxodc9h]49915:0[/dice:zkxodc9h]
[dice:zkxodc9h]49915:1[/dice:zkxodc9h]
Karsk never wore environmental armour
Karsk kept the rain off him and the Howdoh as best Karsk could using his water control abilities, but trudging through

"Karsk not remember us coming this way

Vigour 7
OOC Comments
[dice:zkxodc9h]49915:2[/dice:zkxodc9h]
[dice:zkxodc9h]49915:3[/dice:zkxodc9h]
benny for extra effort
[dice:zkxodc9h]49915:4[/dice:zkxodc9h]
Toad
[dice:zkxodc9h]49915:5[/dice:zkxodc9h]

"Karsk try and find us way out."

survival
[dice:zkxodc9h]49915:6[/dice:zkxodc9h]
[dice:zkxodc9h]49915:7[/dice:zkxodc9h]

tracking
[dice:zkxodc9h]49915:8[/dice:zkxodc9h]
[dice:zkxodc9h]49915:9[/dice:zkxodc9h]
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer »

In the evening of their first day of travel post Wildbill, Barinthasheer tries to befriend the new recruit as most of their charges seemed to avoid the woman. Approaching her in his human form he excitedly asks a barrage of questions. At first about the robot and hoverbikes then about life as a bandit. Which makes her uncomfortable despite his curious tone. When he asks what a harem is and what that was like she begs off any more questions and while unsure of how he breached protocol the young wyrm acquiesces politely.

Notice
Notice [dice:1sh8ty6n]49916:0[/dice:1sh8ty6n]
Wild [dice:1sh8ty6n]49916:1[/dice:1sh8ty6n]
The next Bari is annoyingly entertained when the rain begins to fall having never experienced it before doing barrel rolls and loops in the drizzle. Circling the caravans new camp playing in the air until he's called down to help move the laser cannon. Landing with a muddy splut, he strides up to the cargo bay door and easily hefts the laser cannon. He giggles a bit as he approaches the place he was told to put the cannon. Then he points it at a nearby tree and mimics firing the gun making sounds he's heard human children make when playing pretend guns. "Pew..Pew.. Take that villains! I am Dragonbot fear my justice!" He notices the looks of disapproval at his antics he puts the gun down and shifts to human form.

Feeling the cold for the first time he begins to shiver. Then he notices the coughing people and looks to Nazo as she's applying magic from her staff. "Ms. Nazo, will my healing power help them?"
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Vigor: [dice:24ukwm15]49921:0[/dice:24ukwm15] or [dice:24ukwm15]49921:1[/dice:24ukwm15]

Ashley, who kind of keeps to herself like usual, notices the coughing and wheezing and with utmost care tries to raise the temperature around the camp a little bit to ease their suffering. After a few minutes though she breaks off, worried she might accidentally slip and burn someone. Maybe if things got much colder she'd try again...or she could make more campfires or something.
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

More information
If you want more information on what is afflicting people you can make a K. Medicine check at -2. You have 12 refugees that seem afflicted, so I'm not sure Nazo's staff can take care of all of them. You will need Healing. If you choose to break camp and move on, it will take [dice:109r515e]49935:0[/dice:109r515e] hours to move out of the fens and you will likely have to make Vigor rolls for extended travel.
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Nazo

Post by Nazo »

As the coughing starts Nazo moves to action with her staff of life in hand. It’s glistening leaf buds glow softly with a light of healing and health. She puts down the vodka and calls to her companions, ” We must move quickly. Time is of the essence! Get everyone huddled together who is coughing and I will do what I can!”

Once together she calls upon her own mystic talent directed through the staff of life! ” We may be sworn to never know true love but Spirits of the land hear our plea and restore those sick to health!”

Vigor roll [dice:1zwwwxm1]49941:0[/dice:1zwwwxm1] wild [dice:1zwwwxm1]49941:1[/dice:1zwwwxm1]
Mass healing [dice:1zwwwxm1]49941:2[/dice:1zwwwxm1] wild [dice:1zwwwxm1]49941:3[/dice:1zwwwxm1] Benny for EF [dice:1zwwwxm1]49941:4[/dice:1zwwwxm1]

3 bennies left.
Combat info
Active Powers:

Weapons:

KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

When did infection occur? 1-3 Outside Healing window; 4-6 inside Healing window
[dice:10eiv5sw]50032:0[/dice:10eiv5sw]
Date: September 30, 109 PA
Time: 2028
Weather: Temperature 30 degrees colder for season (chilly); no wind, light rain
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dim (-1 illumination penalty)
  • Visibility: Lightly obscured (-1 visual penalty)
Round 0

Nazo’s healing seems to have some effect as the coughing of the refugees subsides. They look at her with wonder and gratitude.
OOC Comments
Vik, Charlemagne, and Thomas left to post.
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Vik

Post by Vik »

Vik wakes from a nap to a stench like few others, and immediately starts retching and waving away the foul air.

"Oi, Barry boy, crack a feckin' window, mate. I told you them sheep had a 'spicious look to 'em. You're gonna be hiking out behind the trees the rest of the way to Fort Hopeless."

After ascertaining that the smell comes from the swamp, rather than swampy nether-regions, Vik continues complaining about "fermentin' crotch vapors" but cobbles together a device that looks a bit like a respirator mounted on the end of a hot glue gun. It takes a few tries, but he eventually persuades one of the refugees to stick their face into the business end. A quick trigger-pull launches a rubbery, gel-like face mask that adheres over the recipients' nose and mouth, filtering the air.

"Make you a little mush-mouthed, 'course, but wif a side benefit of preventing the spread of the ol' herpes if you get your snog on wif a fellow traveler or three," he says, rather proud of himself.

[Vik uses Arcane Machinist to craft an environmental protection gizmo to filter the bad air.]
TW 11 - Success with a Raise
Techno-Wizardry [dice:ty3c9oc0]50091:0[/dice:ty3c9oc0]
Wild [dice:ty3c9oc0]50091:1[/dice:ty3c9oc0]
Benny spent to re-roll (+ Elan)
Techno-Wizardry [dice:ty3c9oc0]50091:2[/dice:ty3c9oc0]
Wild [dice:ty3c9oc0]50091:3[/dice:ty3c9oc0]
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Holy hell that is putrid. The smell of the stuff is almost enough to make Thomas want to imitate Vik, almost. As he gets up Thomas spends most of his time wrapped in his armor and taking advantage of its protections. But unfortunately the nature of being mortal meant he was forced to open it for important things like making water, having movements and eating.

Each time he breaches his armor he holds his breath as best he can followed by retching as he clears his throat from the acridity and misery of the air.
Success
Vigor [dice:3ek91adq]50201:0[/dice:3ek91adq]
Wild [dice:3ek91adq]50201:1[/dice:3ek91adq]
Extra Effort [dice:3ek91adq]50201:2[/dice:3ek91adq]
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne »

Unassailable Vigor
Vigor
[dice:1f9lwtpt]50207:0[/dice:1f9lwtpt]
Ace Vigor
[dice:1f9lwtpt]50207:2[/dice:1f9lwtpt]

WD Vigor
[dice:1f9lwtpt]50207:1[/dice:1f9lwtpt]
Charlemagne bows to the new arrival. "Lady Mia, you are welcome amongst us." He relays the chain of command and offers his assistance in getting acclimated to her new crew.
Charlemagne's Lyn-Srial physiology and constitution fend off the stench of the fens. He is not oblivious to the effect the stink has on their passengers, though. He nods at Ryder's suggestion. "I believe you are correct. Pushing through and being slightly exhausted is better than staying here and contracting a foul disease. Let us march on as far as our strength will hold."
Charlemagne
Charlemagne
Current Status Post
Current Status:
Adventure Cards:
  • Sudden Death:
    Deadly Blow:
  • Barrier
  • +8 Armor
  • +2 Toughness