Fort Hope: Improvements

KahlessNestor

Fort Hope: Improvements

Post by KahlessNestor »

Between adventures, when you are at Fort Hope, you have the opportunity to improve the base.

Check out the Resource Rules here.

And what resources you have available here.

There are maps of the fort and the area here.

What can you do: See below for instructions, but if you don’t know what you want to do, Winston or your Contacts will always have ideas to improve things.

Give Orders: Multiple orders can be given, but resources will be prioritized by the Team Leader.
  • Labor: Give your laborers orders on what you wish done.
  • Military: Give Winston orders beyond his basic (protect fort, patrol zone).
  • Resources: Give Captain Norris, Liz Urzenski, and Whiskey Pete orders what to buy or trade.
    • Requisition Resources
      • Team Leader roll Persuasion to make your case. Ask for what you’d like. Your number of successes will determine how much of it you get. You may ask for priority, otherwise it will be randomly determined.
      • You may ask for Resource Points (Supplies, Build, Military, Labor, or Legionnaires). Or you may ask for something specific (a vehicle, a specific weapon, a piece of gear, NGR chocolate, maybe a building like a comm tower).
        • Items start at lowest/cheapest level. You may spend Raises to increase that level rather than getting other items or resources.
    • Trade
      • Send Resources you have with Norris, Liz, and Whiskey Pete to get an equal number of some other resource back.
      • A Persuasion roll may be made to give +1 per success to your traders’ rolls. Raises on their rolls get you extra Resources in the trade.
    • Search for resources. Make a Survival roll. A Success, roll 1d8 on the following options. A Raise, either roll for each success, find a larger resource -1/Raise), or choose a specific option:
      • 1) You found some Salvage. Roll 1d6 Raw resources, 1d6 Supplies, or 1d6 Military
      • 2) You found a Food source, either a herd of animals, a stand of fruit trees, or a good fishing hole. Roll 1d6 Supplies. This resource can be used to establish a Farm later.
      • 3) You found a small Wood or stand of trees. Roll 1d6 Build Resources. This can be used to establish a Logging camp later.
      • 4) You find a source of Stone. Roll 1d6 Build resources. This can be used to establish a Quarry later.
      • 5) You find a Vein of ore or gems. Roll 1d6 Build resources or 1d6 Raw resources. This can be used later to establish a Mine.
      • 6) You find a group of Refugees. Roll 1d6 Labor
      • 7) You find a tribal trading post or a small village. Roll 1d6 of any resource you choose. A successful Persuasion roll can establish a trade relationship with Fort Hope.
      • 8) Your choice of above.

When you have written your Interlude, take a Benny or an Adventure Card and take +1 XP.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Thomas

Re: Fort Hope: Improvements

Post by Thomas »

Persuasion 12 = +3 to wall security
I will roll here, but will defer to the other players advice for what actual repairs/upgrades we need.

Thomas Persuasion [dice:1mobq1r6]57021:0[/dice:1mobq1r6]
Wild [dice:1mobq1r6]57021:1[/dice:1mobq1r6]
Thomas works around town doing as much work as he can. usually this is paper work or talking with people, including the commander, to ensure the resources needed are being directed to the Fort. Thomas focuses on security and infrastructure in his work.
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.
Vik

Post by Vik »

In lieu of working on the base, Vik spends about 5 days making headgear for Barry and Nazo.

RP posts here and here.

Taking a Benny to replace the one I used while crafting for Naz.
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 5/20
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
Nazo

Post by Nazo »

Vik wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:19 pm In lieu of working on the base, Vik spends about 5 days making headgear for Barry and Nazo.

RP posts here and here.

Taking a Benny to replace the one I used while crafting for Naz.
Thank you kindly... Nazo does not work on the base either as she drinks, then once she has the head gear everything is fine so requires no work.

Although the resources sounds interesting... Maybe a drunken/euphoria filled soljurn into the wild is in order.
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Anyone else going to write interludes? If anyone is having trouble, I can work up a list of what your contacts and people in the Fort would like. Otherwise I can work up the next adventure.
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Nazo

Post by Nazo »

Nazo activated her new pleasure metal wok hat and never turned it off. Who knew the world was such a nice place. Everyone was smilimg and enjoying people’s company. Her master had told her once that the world of rifts earth was a horrific place, a constant struggle for survival. It did not seem that way as the hat fed her image after image of the fort and its inhabitants.

Still though... Liz had disapeared and this hat can’t make me forget that. Thomas indicated during our conversation about his familiy that I should really meet her.” After a few hours of milling and gathering supplies for a 4 day trek Nazo mentioned to Thomas with a fair amount of euphoric enthusiasm, ” I’ll be heading out into the wild. This world is so beautiful, I need to see it all. If I find Liz, I’ll let her know she needs to come back home to her awesome tent. Damn Thomas I see now why that nun fucked you silly, you are super sexy and a damn good leader.”

She grabbed her gear, weapons, and rations then headed out letting the spirits of North America tickle her fancy as never before.
Survival 16, lvl 4 trade post, 6 pts of military salvage, and a success on the persuasion roll
Survival total 16 [dice:24loqbjz]57078:0[/dice:24loqbjz] ace [dice:24loqbjz]57078:2[/dice:24loqbjz] extra effort [dice:24loqbjz]57078:3[/dice:24loqbjz]wild [dice:24loqbjz]57078:1[/dice:24loqbjz]

[dice:24loqbjz]57078:4[/dice:24loqbjz]
Resource [dice:24loqbjz]57078:5[/dice:24loqbjz]
Kind of salvage: Military [dice:24loqbjz]57078:6[/dice:24loqbjz]
Persuasion 4 total: [dice:24loqbjz]57078:7[/dice:24loqbjz] wild [dice:24loqbjz]57078:8[/dice:24loqbjz] benny for extra effort: [dice:24loqbjz]57078:9[/dice:24loqbjz]
Six days later Nazo came home to the fort lying on top a huge Rhinobuffalo pulling a cart full of railguns, laser turrets, plasma grenades, and kittani electric whips... She wiped the spittle that had been pooling at the corner of her mouth. ”I found the Sunshine Lollipop trading post. A huge trading post just two days away. Surrounded by fields of barley and cute little air elementals. It has such a warm glow about it as the sun hit its it in the morning. A bunch of nice men about the size of Vik’s imaginary friend Barry run the post. They all were wearing green hats and went on for days about clovers and the end of the rainbow. Their leader Poppa Pundance gave me all these things after he made me breakfast.” Nazo stumbled slightly pointing to the weapons laden cart pulling out a bottle of something blue. She took a swig and exclaimed, ”You guys look so happy, man that was the best walk I ever had!”
Combat info
Toughness: 18(7), Parry: 7, Pace: 13 (1)
Active Edges: Sixth Sense, Brave, Elan, quick, -2 to be hit
Isp: 20/20
Active Powers:
Loosing it (Str and Agility increase by two die types, fearless, beserk)

Weapons:
Main hand: celestial blade
Off hand: soul forged dagger
Wrists: altaran blasters
Back: staff of life
Pack: mental incapacitator

Bennies: 4/3
+1 for taking worst rolls
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

OOC Comments
Streetwise [dice:14kqu90n]57189:0[/dice:14kqu90n] ACE [dice:14kqu90n]57189:2[/dice:14kqu90n]
Wild Streetwise [dice:14kqu90n]57189:1[/dice:14kqu90n]
Extra Effort Bennie w/Elan [dice:14kqu90n]57189:3[/dice:14kqu90n]

Raise: [dice:14kqu90n]57189:4[/dice:14kqu90n]
x2 Refugees [dice:14kqu90n]57189:5[/dice:14kqu90n] = 6 Laborers
Provided with some downtime, Ryder takes the refitted Aeon Cassowary for a drive along the river. Finding a small inlet, he waits. Sure enough, a small skiff pulls into the inlet, heading for the deadfall that caught Ryder's eye. A trio of rotund, diminutive figures with floppy ears tumble out of the skiff, walking up to the deadfall. When Ryder pops up from behind the fallen trees, two of them disappear entirely from view, with a loud "FLOOP" noise. The third manages to hold his ground, though, and shakes his head.

"You damn near gave me a heart-attack, Ryder."

"Gustavo, you old fraud, you know as well as I do you ain't got a heart."

Gustavo the Flooper shakes his head. "Now, that's uncalled for. You know perfectly well I only take from them that can afford it. And how'd you know I was gonna be here?"

"Alright, alright, I take it back. And I recognized your drop-point here--saw it from the barge on the way to the Fort. You need to change up how you hide your acquisitions, Gus. Look, I'm calling in my Silver Gulf marker." Ryder passes over a slip of paper. "You get that list of names and places to your cousin Sal. Have him tell them, 'Ryder says you can come to Fort Hope'. Give them the location."

"This ain't business, is it? You know Sal's legit."

"Not 'business', no. These are just folks I know that're looking for honest work. They'll have a chance here. And that's why I asked for Sal, rather than having you do it yourself. His show makes the rounds, so it'll be easy enough for him to spread the word, yeah?"

Gustavo nods. "A'ight, you got a deal. Worth it to get Silver Gulf off the ledger, anyway."

The two shake on it, and part ways, just as the two confederates of Gustavo, the Black Market's least likely enforcer, return from their hiatus--Gustavo's voice berating them follows Ryder down the road for a bit.

Over the next couple of weeks, about half a dozen new faces show up at Fort Hope, looking to work. It isn't even particularly obvious to those not watching for it that they know the Trimadore, let alone that he's the one who brought them in.
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3
Zephrim Ouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Zephrim Ouri »

OOC Comments
Out Searching -
Survival: [dice:16i9d5n4]57321:0[/dice:16i9d5n4] Bennie to reroll: [dice:16i9d5n4]57321:2[/dice:16i9d5n4]
Wild Die: [dice:16i9d5n4]57321:1[/dice:16i9d5n4]

Find: [dice:16i9d5n4]57321:3[/dice:16i9d5n4] - Woods: [dice:16i9d5n4]57321:4[/dice:16i9d5n4] resources
After all the discussions and meeting with individuals about the Fort, Zephrim began to feel the need to wander a bit. He had never been much for staying in one place even when he’d been told it was that or the lash. The scars on his back told the story of his possibly bad decisions made over and over related to that.

Gathering a weeks supplies and informing the appropriate individuals of his intent, Z began his long walk to the Northwest. To many, it might have seemed a boring trip, with solitude and nothing but the wilderness for company but to Zephrim it was a literal breath of fresh air. He could feel himself almost recharging and getting excited for the next days when he would have to return to camp.

After about three days though, he began to realize he hadn’t taken advantage of any opportunity to feed on any of the arcane energies of the creatures he’d encountered and he truly began to regret that. His vision became more focused and his senses sharpened as he could feel his more cognizant self slip away to make room for the beast that he kept hidden deep inside. His memories Became a blur of animalistic hunting until he found his mind coming back as he sat on the top of a hill feasting on the remains of a huge bear-like creature. As his senses returned, he looked around and realized that he had stumbled upon a clearing with a water source and fresh timber which could be very usable for building in the fort.

Cleaning up and feeling satiated for the moment, he spent the next day sketching out a map of the trees surrounding the lake as well as other points of interest which included the remains of an apparent pre-Rifts road running close by. ”Well, I guess that might be enough of a find. I better finish cleaning up and head back... Although would anyone really miss me? “ He thought for a moment about the group he’d encountered and realized he’d truly miss the child-dragon Bari and Nazo probably most of all.

”Who knows... might even end up with an actual friend out of that bunch...” His laughter at the silliness of the notion followed him for a long while as he began his walk back to Fort Hope and his new teammates...
Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ash starts off visiting Wilhelm at the barracks.

"We need to get some facilities set up here," she says. "Right now we're sitting on more guns than we have hands for. I'm going to set up a trade expedition. Lets go over a manifest of our inventory, and work out what we can afford to lose."

After a couple of hours of checking lists and looking at crates of armaments, Ashley had her list of items that could be sold...with the understanding that they should be sold in places and to clients that wouldn't be likely to threaten the Fort itself. From there she went to organize some work teams. The refugees that had been rescued were all camped outside the earthworks that protected the fort, and if anyone...or anything...did attack, they could easily get caught out and slaughtered. Expanding the perimeter would be a lot of work, but they had a lot of workers who weren't doing much.

Then she visited Daniel to discuss starting an actual 'clinic' or medical workspace that would be enclosed and able to keep sanitized and keep patients away from other people. With the expansion of residents, Ash was concerned about the potential for contagion spreading. They needed to be prepared. From Dan she got an accounting of what he'd need. Some of it could be traded to get, but the facility itself could get started on right away.

There were other things too. A real wall...some farmlands and fisheries...but Ash reckoned she could trade for food for now. Then once the expedition returned with more building supplies, they could get started on all that other stuff.

Rolls: Persuasion to help trade
Persuasion [dice:1iayrviq]57363:0[/dice:1iayrviq] or [dice:1iayrviq]57363:1[/dice:1iayrviq]
OR Charismatic reroll! [dice:1iayrviq]57363:2[/dice:1iayrviq] or [dice:1iayrviq]57363:3[/dice:1iayrviq]

Ordering the use of Build Points. One to expand the Earthworks defense to the current perimeter to enclose the refugee tents. Another one to begin building a basic level medical facility to look after the health needs of the personnel.
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer »

Seeing the people the Trailblazers had worked so hard to deliver to the Fort not sleeping outside its protection vexed Barinthasheer. Ashley shared this frustration and when she began to organize workers Bari offers his assistance.

"Ms. Ashley, I can help with the building dirt walls. And most of the people out there already know I am a dragon so will not be scared. I would very much like to help somehow and I am not so good with machines." His eagerness to be of use to his new friends is palpable.
strength to aid building bulwark
Strength [dice:2get905x]57566:0[/dice:2get905x]
Wild [dice:2get905x]57566:1[/dice:2get905x]
Despite most of the refugees and settlers outside the wall being acclimated to Bari there are a few tense moments when a guard patrol spots the wyrm and an alarm is sounded. Even when members of the 101st vouch for the boy the guardsman doesn't buy that the two are one and the same until he recognizes the odd helmet on the dragons head as the same one worn by the Trailblazers young new member.

Between the excitement of the false alarm and playing with the refu children his efficacy is limited but he is still of some use to the construction effort.
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 50 (30)/10 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/5; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 13/20; PPE 9/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards

• Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/ooc]

Return to “Adventure Forum”