KahlessNestor

4.1 Survey Says: Briefing

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: November 24, 109 PA
Mission: Day 0
Time: 1000
Weather: 20 degrees warmer than normal for season (warm); no wind; light rain
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the north
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

The Trailblazers had a couple weeks to work with their new member Q’omo and work him into the team. They took their turns on patrol duty or guard duty at the fort, went ranging around the camp searching for resources, or helped prepare for the construction projects that would begin soon once supplies were sent upriver.

Then a morning dawned rather warmer than the season would expect, though with a light rain that started to turn the camp into mud. There was a bit of a festive air about the camp. Someone had strung up a bunch of colored leaves from the cottonwoods that grew along the river, and a couple of the poor chaps on KP duty were pulling feathers off of a horde of dead turkeys that had been shipped in. Delicious smells came from the mess tent as turkey, stuffing, and sweet potatoes were prepared.

One of the aides-de-camp showed up outside the tents of the Trailblazers, summoning them to the Command tent.

Lt. Winston stood there with his customary cigar planted firmly in his jowls as he leaned over some maps. “Mornin’,” he greeted. He nodded to the side table that always held his cigars and a bottle of whiskey for them to help themselves. “We got a job to send you on,” the dogboy officer “Up north again, around what used ta be Pipestone. Former Tolkeen territory. Our maps of the area are shite, so we need someone to do some survey mapping of the area if we want to keep communication lines open with our new allies the Tundra Rangers up north. Mission packet is there,” he said, indicating a datapad. “Any questions?”
Loot
2 Magic Rings
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Thomas
Ashley
Ryder (Danger Sense)
Barinthasheer
Vik
Q’omo
GM Notes
GM Bennies: 6/6
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Thomas

Re: 4.1 Survey Says: Briefing

Post by Thomas »

The idea of the rings comes to mind an so Thomas decides to give them a thorough examination with his arcane skill and sight most of what is there should be revealed.
Exalted Detect Arcana success
Spellcasting [dice:3iremnie]65845:0[/dice:3iremnie]
Wild [dice:3iremnie]65845:1[/dice:3iremnie]
Benny
Spellcasting [dice:3iremnie]65845:2[/dice:3iremnie]
Wild [dice:3iremnie]65845:3[/dice:3iremnie]
Thomas goes over and picks up the mission packet. Reviewing it for details, or anything useful. "Do we have the old survey data so we can compare for changes, and are their any known hostile in the area?" Thomas did not want to walk into a dangerous situation. These things always seemed to explode and if he was going to be stuck with people trusting him, what a foolish thing to do, then he was going to at least keep them as alive as possible.

Looking through the data, he noticed it did seem something was missing. "Do we have any contacts in the area. Seems something like this it would be useful to have contacts in the area."
Thomas (Rob T) status and conditions
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Staff: 10/10
Personal: 20/20*
Bran and Lana Bind the Summons Frost Pixies
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d4, Vigor d8
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Pace: 4; Parry: 5*; Toughness: 3
Hindrances: Clueless, Impulsive
Edges: Very Attractive
Special Abilities:
„ Flight: Even the wingless Pixies possess a flying Pace of 12.
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Ryder muses. "Anything 'former Tolkeen territory' typically has a lot of Coalition presence. I assume the preference is that we make nice and not stir the pot if we can avoid it? What's our line if they ask why we're in the area?"
Ryder
Veteran Trimadore MARS Operator
OOC Comments
Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4 (d12+1 w/armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Electronics d8 (Free Reroll); Hacking d6; Repair (Sm) d8+2 (Free Reroll, +2)
Thievery d8+1; Stealth: d6 (+1 Urban); Persuasion d4; Common Knowledge d4
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Impact Maul (2-Handed, +4 to Break Things, Str+2d8+4 MD)
Assorted Grenades and Explosives
Aeon Cassowary
Size: 7 (Large); Toughness: 40 (20) MDC
Handling: +1; Top Speed: 120 MPH
Crew: 2+8
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Ryder wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:23 am Ryder muses. "Anything 'former Tolkeen territory' typically has a lot of Coalition presence. I assume the preference is that we make nice and not stir the pot if we can avoid it? What's our line if they ask why we're in the area?"
"I am normally a pretty charming person. But the Coalition has a tenancy to shoot mages first and not bother with questions. This may be a mission for stealth, avoiding notice would be better than forced encounters."

"Anyone else have ideas or suggestions?"
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Skills: Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d6, Fighting d6, Occult d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d10, Performance d8, Spellcasting d10, Stealth d8, Thievery d6
Special Abilities:
„ Inherent Magic: All minor Faerie Folk possess the following powers: beast friend, confusion (befuddling dancing lights), darksight, entangle (gripping ice), invisibility, puppet (Faeries invariably use this to lead their victims in a Faerie Dance, stealing their clothes and equipment while they cavort), slumber, and speak language. Frost Pixies know bolt.
Faeries often Support each other to be more effective casters. In the PPE rich biome of Rifts Earth, Faerie Folk possess effectively unlimited PPE.
„ Size −3 (Very Small): The various sorts of Faerie Folk range from four to 12 inches tall.
„ Weakness (Salt): Salt does damage to Faeries, dealing +4 damage. Even a pinch deals 1d4+4 damage, quite deadly to such small creatures.
Q’omo

Post by Q’omo »

Q’omo looked up. He had been thinking about the task in hand from the point of view of a coalition soldier wanting to make his mark on the world for Prosek and Humanity etc... He pointed on the map and drew a line with his finger northward indicating his plan. He shrugged and sat down waiting for someone to tell him it was time to go.
Q’omo Stats and Edges
Attributes: Agility d10(2pts Race, 1pt IF), Smarts d10(3)-1, Spirit d10(2, 1 advance), Strength d10(3pts IF), Vigor d8(1pt IF, 1 advance)
Pace: 8 d8; Parry: 8(+1 from race) ; Toughness: 21(11) (½ Vigor+2 plus armor); Strain: 0

Combat Edges of Note: Quick, First Strike
Qomo Active Powers
None at the moment
Q’omo Bennys
3 Bennies
Vik

Post by Vik »

Vik gives Thomas the side eye as he examines the rings, then shakes his head and makes the sign against the evil eye when the mage reports their capabilities.

"Oh noes, naught to do with that will I be having, thank you sir and madame. Learnt my lesson wif' them Danish girls back in the time-before, I did, what promised to keep the wrought-iron standing proudly for extended periods of bed-jumping and rumbly-tumbly. 'Fore I has time to straighten mine eyes from copious amounts of stimulants and stomp-me-outs, as one does, the ol' bishop's gone black and blue-like from strangulation. No rings for Vik, is wot I'll say for me, and warrant you lot ought heed it, too."

He takes a look at the orders and the map and winces.

"Aye, rolling the ol' Casio-Wario up into the former battlefields of him what was JRR is like to get them black-suited Nazi types all about our day-to-day, soon as looking. Any of them Dog Boys in the neighborhood, they'll sniff us lot out like we was cruising in a lorry made of bacon wif' a few hundred kilos of primo Jeff Goldbud, like as like's not. Either need to go stealthy-like, masking our emanations and what have you, or be ready for a tussle. Less you gents got ideas for a distraction bouncing 'round your brain-pans."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 5/20
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer »

Well, Bari certainly did think the ring sounded like something he was interested in. "I too do not wish for my Bishop to turn black or blue. And that does not sound like nice magic, we should unmake it." His young mind jumps back to the breifing, "Unless Mr.s Charlemagne or Karsk are there I do not have any contacts, I am sorry Mr. Thomas." He nearly offers to use his invisibility power on the Cassoway but then remembers it doesn't work on machines. "If the skull men come I will smoosh them."
Barinthasheer
Pace: 6/12 flying; Parry: 7 Toughness: 50 (30)/10 in human
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/5; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: ISP 13/20; PPE 9/10
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards

• Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/ooc]
Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ash nods at the rings, controlling her expression of distaste. "I think we should melt them down and bury the slag," she says. "Let me know if you need a volunteer for it."

She then looked over the mission pad. The concerns everyone had voiced were completely valid. It was a little unclear if they were meant to contact anyone, and if so...who. Plus, the odds of Coalition patrols was high. Ashley didn't have any lines into Coalition military, but she had a general idea of how it worked. They'd treat Tolkeen the same way they treated old Chicago. Constant patrols, to the limit of the forces they had in the area, to make sure no mages tried to loot the ruins, or set up shop in a magic-rich area close to the Coalition borders.

"Is the survey just to update maps, or are we looking for anything in particular?" she wants to know. "This is to keep communication lines open, so...are we placing radio towers or clearing lines of sight, or...what exactly?"
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: November 24, 109 PA
Mission: Day 0
Time: 1010
Weather: 20 degrees warmer than normal for season (warm); no wind; light rain
Ley Line: Yes
  • Very Large: Three-quarters of a mile wide, 2,000 feet tall, 75 miles long to the north
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Bright
  • Visibility: Clear
Round 0

"Do we have the old survey data so we can compare for changes, and are there any known hostiles in the area?" Thomas asked.

“The old survey maps are at the back,” Winston said. “They’re very basic. Mostly pieced together from refugee accounts. This is very edge of Tolkeen territory, and some of the first to be overrun when the war started. We don’t have reports on hostiles, but I imagine there might be Coalition patrols from out of Fort Sioux to the south. And it’s always a toss up in that area if the bugs have any outlying scouts or colony hives. No contacts. The area’s been virtually Terra Incognita since the war started. We’d like to start getting some communications towers up there to extend the network, but we need to know good places to place them.”

"Anything 'former Tolkeen territory' typically has a lot of Coalition presence. I assume the preference is that we make nice and not stir the pot if we can avoid it? What's our line if they ask why we're in the area?" Ryder asked.

“The truth? Mercs? Whatever doesn’t get a team half full of D-Bees shot on sight by a Coalition hothead?” Winston said. “Don’t tell ‘em about Fort Hope yet. We’re still hoping they haven’t noticed us down here. But they know the Legion is running around by now. We aren’t there to cause trouble.” He puffed on his cigar.

"I am normally a pretty charming person. But the Coalition has a tenancy to shoot mages first and not bother with questions. This may be a mission for stealth, avoiding notice would be better than forced encounters." Thomas said.

“Look at the smart one,” Winston said with a grin around his cigar. “Knew I picked the right man to lead the team.”

"Is the survey just to update maps, or are we looking for anything in particular?" Ashley wanted to know. "This is to keep communication lines open, so...are we placing radio towers or clearing lines of sight, or...what exactly?"

“Update the maps,” Winston said. “Scout out possible locations to place the towers. High ground, preferably something we can camouflage a tower in. Maybe ruins or trees. That way the engineers can pick a site for later tower construction. Also note the locations of any Coalition installations or supply routes. And do a good job. I don’t need Major Duchesne barking up my tail.”
Loot
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Thomas
Ashley
Ryder (Danger Sense)
Barinthasheer
Vik
Q’omo
GM Notes
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Ash nodded.

"Okay. So we keep quiet, try to avoid notice. If we're noticed, avoid conflict if we can. Annnd, we're just there to update maps and find and mark spots for comm towers. Seems clear enough."

She looked at Thomas.

"When are we heading out?"
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

"I think it is best if everyone is in top shape and has time to prepare. We can leave at 0600."

Thomas starts noting what needs noted in his computer and makes sure everyone knows the plan is to avoid conflict as much as possible on the mission.
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
Vik

Post by Vik »

Vik wanders off, muttering about "what kind of bloody tosser finks Oh-Six-Hundred is proper for goin' walkabout what's been home just days and like as not what never even had a proper drunk yet."

He then trades a bit of "special vitamins" to a couple of grunts that have been brewing the best moonshine in the fort and spends the next many hours getting properly out of his head. He and Charlize engage in a strenuous session of fond farewells that leaves Vik bruised and walking with a limp, in addition to his usual stagger.

He shows up at the motor pool at 6 a.m., swaying and squinting and dragging his duffel, reeking of raw alcohol.

"'Porting for duty an' this great and hon'rable quest, oh lords and masters. Ya nobs."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Thomas sees Vik coming in as expceted and cannot restrain himself from the little bit of fun. Smiling he walks over and firmly pats Vik on the bakc where the redness of last night claws likely still remains, then firmly in a voice a bit louder than needed says. "Glad to see you Vik. I am sure you will be able to sleep off most of the trip." Another firm pat on the back. "Jump on in and get comfy."
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

Ryder, of course, sleeps in the Cassowary, so when the others arrive, he's got her running and ready. "Load yer personal gear, folks--the grunts already stashed our supplies for the trip. Bari, how long can you stay as a kid? If we're heading into Coalition turf, you might need to ride inside when we're moving, then rest in yer big form when we make camp."
Ryder
OOC Comments
Pace: 6/d6 (8 in Armor); Parry: 5; Toughness: 16 (6) MDC; Strain: 4; Reach: 1; Starting Bennies: 8
Skills:
Athletics d4 (+1 Urban Climbing); Fighting d6; Shooting d8 (+1 w/ Calibrated weapons)
Boating d4; Driving d12; Piloting d4 (All get +2 with Vehicle Interface, ignore 2 points penalty)
Notice d8+4 (+2/Free Reroll vs. Surprise, +2 to spot ambushes/explosive traps, +2 Visual, ignore illumination)
Edges:
Ace, Alertness, Brave, Combat Ace, Connections (Black Market), Demolitionist, Elan, Field Intel, Gearhead, McGuyver, Mr. Fix-it, Reliable, Steady Hands, Thief
Hindrances: Alien Physiology, Big-Boned, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (FedMagic). Quirk, Stubborn
Cybernetics: Expanded Detection & Security Array, Vehicle Interface Package, Core Electronics Package
Gear:
NG-EX10 Gladius Exoskeleton EBA (+4 vs. Environmental Hazards, immune disease/airborne poison) w/Multi-Optics Helmet
Solar Wyrm Rifle: Range 24/48/96; 60 Shots; RoF 4/3/3 (1/5/10/20); 4d6 AP 4; Heavy Pulse (RoF 1, MD, Snapfire, 3 Shots, +1 Shooting/+3 Damage); Enhanced Targeting (Total Shooting d10+3 before Pulse); Solar Trapping
Grenade Launcher (RoF 1, Damage by Grenade, 18/36/72, Shots 12, Load cycles: AP, Frag, HEx, Plasma)
Aeon Cassowary
ATV; ECC; STS (Ignore Illumination; +2 Notice w/ Sensors; Ignore 2 points Range/MAP, no Unstable Platform for mounted weapons)
Mini Rail Gun (50/100/200; Damage: 2d10+2 MD AP 6; RoF: 4 (1/5/10/20); Shots: 30; Anti-Personnel, Reaction Fire in Chases)
"Helios" Solar Cannon (150/300/600; RoF: 4/3/3; Shots: N/A; 3d10 MD, AP 20; Solar Trapping; Enhanced Targeting gives total Shooting d10+3
Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer »

Ryder wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:25 pm Ryder, of course, sleeps in the Cassowary, so when the others arrive, he's got her running and ready. "Load yer personal gear, folks--the grunts already stashed our supplies for the trip. Bari, how long can you stay as a kid? If we're heading into Coalition turf, you might need to ride inside when we're moving, then rest in yer big form when we make camp."
Not having much in way of gear. Just his helmet in fact, Bari is ready to go bright and early. "Only around eight hours or so Mr. Ryder. Will that be enough? I have been practicing a lot but being this small can be very tiring." He hoped that was enough, and then he has the sudden irrational thought that they may have to leave him behind over this sending him into a bit of a panic. He turns to Thomas and rambles "If not I can try to be sneaky and keep up, or maybe we can get a trailer like Mr. Pete has for me to hide in, just please do not leave me here, I can not help keep you all safe if I am here and the arse breathed nazi twats do not sound like they would like most of you any more than me, and you all are so small and soft their bombs and robots would very much smoosh you, and you are all my friends and I do not want any more of my friends to be smooshed." Even though the dragonling does not need to breath he is nearly hyperventilating as tears well up in his eyes.
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards

• Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand[/ooc]
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Barinthasheer wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:48 pm
Ryder wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:25 pm Ryder, of course, sleeps in the Cassowary, so when the others arrive, he's got her running and ready. "Load yer personal gear, folks--the grunts already stashed our supplies for the trip. Bari, how long can you stay as a kid? If we're heading into Coalition turf, you might need to ride inside when we're moving, then rest in yer big form when we make camp."
Not having much in way of gear. Just his helmet in fact, Bari is ready to go bright and early. "Only around eight hours or so Mr. Ryder. Will that be enough? I have been practicing a lot but being this small can be very tiring." He hoped that was enough, and then he has the sudden irrational thought that they may have to leave him behind over this sending him into a bit of a panic. He turns to Thomas and rambles "If not I can try to be sneaky and keep up, or maybe we can get a trailer like Mr. Pete has for me to hide in, just please do not leave me here, I can not help keep you all safe if I am here and the arse breathed nazi twats do not sound like they would like most of you any more than me, and you all are so small and soft their bombs and robots would very much smoosh you, and you are all my friends and I do not want any more of my friends to be smooshed." Even though the dragonling does not need to breath he is nearly hyperventilating as tears well up in his eyes.
"No worries Bari, Ryder had a great idea about maximizing cover as we travel, but most days we can only go six or eight hours anyways. Besides we would not want to go out there without our best sentinel. You keep us safe." Thomas thinks, or at least gives the skelebots something to shoot at they cannot harm. The thing was huge and invulnerable to nearly everything. But seeing him get nervous like that unseated Thomas as he considered how a temper tantrum would end.

OOC Comments
Moved up before GM interlude for flow of narrative
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: November 26, 109 PA
Mission: Day 2
Time: 0040
Weather: Normal for season (chilly); light wind; light snow
Ley Line: No
Scene modifiers:
  • Light: Dark (-4)
Round 0

The first day of travel had been uneventful, and the Trailblazers had a quiet night and another early start. The second day the temperature grew chilly again, and a light snow started. By the time they camped for the night, the ground was just turning white, though it wasn’t deep, and a chilly wind was blowing. The partial moon in the sky provided little light, often disappearing behind clouds.
Instructions
Go ahead and set up camp for the night, then roll and write an interlude. You can use either Downtime (what you do in camp), Backstory, or Trek (something interesting in the last two days of travel. Take a benny when you're done.
Loot
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Thomas
Ashley
Ryder (Danger Sense)
Barinthasheer
Vik
Q’omo
GM Notes
GM Notes
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Barinthasheer
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Barinthasheer »

1d4: [1] = 1

While scouting Bari encounters an ancient building still largely intact and with legible signage. He happily uses the radio in his snazzy helmet to let the team know, "I have found a building that is whole. What does "Eks, Eks, Eks, Girls, Vids, Holos, Toys" mean?" While he doesn't quite understand the response he gets from the crew in the Cassoway, the excitement in both Vik and Thomas' voices lead him to believe it was something to do with procreation, a subject near to both of their hearts. Or "bishops" anyway. Ryder does make a point about the possibility of useful salvage which ameliorates the objections from Ashley a bit.

When the team gets to the scene Bari has poked around a bit in the firat room he encountered. He exits the building to greet them holding a three foot rubber appendage like a sword. "I found a bishop sword! Well more of a club. Why would they make a weapon like this?" Ash informs him it's not really a weapon and that he should probably get rid of it. Since the rest of the building looked boring he stays outside with her but after far too long of getting no response from the explorers inside Q'uomo has a look through his mystic senses and becomes a bit alarmed, writing something about a "possessing entity". They race in to find their fellows in a zombie like state, repairing the club while a ghostly form oversees them. Then the being motions to some string like apparel then tries to effect Ashleys mind and she looks appalled. "Never in a million years you dead freak." She mutters and flames up, blasting the ethereal being. The effected soon shake off the control and a battle is waged in the pre apocalypse house of ill repute, leaving it a smoking hole in the ground.
Barinthasheer
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards

Ashley Logan

Post by Ashley Logan »

Interlude 1d4: [3] = 3

Interlooooooooood

(studies or works on an object OR something Ash wants or already has)
Vik

Post by Vik »

Downtime: Practicing
1d4: [2] = 2
"Now see, Barry boy, the trick wif shootin's to treat your shooter like a delicate flower, what just needs a little careful strumming of the, er, trigger, so's like she sorts of melts in your hand and hums and purrs and murderates the daft prick on the other side of the targetin' reticule."

To demonstrate, Vik gives his right pointer-finger a quick lick before returning it to the trigger of his TK revolver. With a gentle squeeze, he sends a thumb-sized bolt of energy across the clearing to smash into a glass bottle that until recently contained a liter of barely-serviceable moonshine.

"And then, a little kiss so's she knows she's the only one what you've got your hands on at the nonce," he says, before planting a peck on the tip of the smoking barrel.

Holstering the gun, Vik grimaces as he flexes the fingers of his right hand. Still a bit sore, and the blisters hadn't completely faded. But luckily he hadn't actually sprained anything during the ... regrettable little incident at the sex shop the young dragon had discovered. Fortunately young Barry and Ashley had arrived before the possessing spirits had forced Vik to do anything that would have been too hard to explain to Charlize when he returned ...

"Right, so capping the lads wif a shooter what's like semi-auto is all about slow and steady, gentle-like. Bam, bam, bam," he says, continuing the lesson. "Something like this ..." -- he picks up his magma blaster -- "what has fully automatical capabilities, requires a bit more control of the reins, so to speak."

Gingerly, he sets the rifle to his shoulder and points down-range.

"One of my old mates, bit of a git wif the ladies, was quite fond of a bedroom game what he called 'rodeo,' where you like ... well, it was bloody inadvisable, what it was, and not at all the sort of way to treat a bird who's been kind enough to invite you in for a tumble. But firing the old gatling cannon on full-auto always puts me in mind of Ned and his stories 'bout holding on for dear life."

With that, Vik pulls the trigger, sending enough molten lead down-range to tear a mid-sized oak in half.

"Be a handy fellow and go stomp out them embers, would you, my draconic droog? Think we're all out of bottles for the moment, least them what's been emptied of spirits. Work ahead of me in that department if we're to continue lessons on the morrow."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Adventure Cards:

Ryder

Post by Ryder »

OOC Comments

1d4: [2] = 2
Downtime: The hero practices a skill. What is it?
(A: Repair/Gadgeteer)
Sitting around the camp each night, Ryder spends about an hour fiddling with an assortment of spare parts he brought along. Each night produces a different gadget or gizmo. None of them are particularly amazing--more toys than anything else, though they are fairly quality design. Most are designed to perform some simple function or movement.

One night, it's a skateboard with a motor that runs a brief impromptu obstacle coarse.

The next, it's a handheld lighter that lights the campfire from 12 feet away.

On the third, a tiny helicopter makes lazy figure eights overhead for 15 minutes before running out of power.

On the fourth, an automated dinner tray serves his dinner to him with robotic arms tipped with utensils.

And so on.

When asked, he explains, "Just trying to develop my skill at kit-bashing; might be useful to have something that can do exactly what we need in a fight."
Ryder
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Aeon Cassowary
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

OOC Comments
Interlude 1d4: [4] = 4
Without instructions I think a 4 is clubs?
Thomas was really enjoying himself at the brothel they found. It was nice to find a place to relax and enjoy. But when Bari saved everyone he was not all that mad, the ghost had been eating their ppe and it took him hours to recover. HE would have to remember where this fade town was, maybe when life was done with him this would be the place to do it.

Well, maybe it was not right to say he was not mad. So much as to say he was not mad enough to yell at the dragon. He had three of the ladies with him and the lingering effects in his head meant that even now a day and a half later he could remember it like it was still happening. Watching the dragon learn shooting skills from Vik, Thomas was tempted to play trick on the creature, when suddenly his mind cleared. Hole crap no, that would surely lead to Thomas being eaten.

Finally Thomas decided something must be wrong, focusing on himself he summons a powerful dispel, as powerful as he can and casts it. Aside from all his gear stopping to function for a bit his mind finally truly cleared. "Al right people, lets gather up, some of us may still be affected by that sweet brothel and need some cleansing." He said as he repeated the power dispel on everyone else. Good thing Bari was there, the constant temptation to head back to the ghost town was affecting him like his urge to return to Liz.
Bennies 1

-1 Fatigue
PPE
Special Abilities:

Return to “Adventure Forum”