Date: January 3, 110 PA
Mission: Day 0
Time: 1200
Weather: 10 degrees colder than the season (very cold); no wind; light snow
Ley Line: Yes
Scene modifiers:
  • Light/Visibility: -1 for snow
Round 0

The Trailblazers had nearly two weeks off after their last mission before Lt. Winston called them into the command tent. As usual, the bull dog boy sat behind his field table puffing a cigar and drinking whiskey and soda.

“You’ve all been sitting on yer butts fer too long. Time to get you back in the field,” Winston said gruffly. “Shouldn’t be anything too taxing for the likes of you. Just a simple security patrol. Shake out the cobwebs, as it were.”

Winston pulled out a map and spread it on the table. “Gonna send you northeast,” Winston said, indicating a location on the map. “Should take you about three days out, so not far. Take five days to patrol around, take care of any threats you find before they get near us, then come on back.

“Any questions?”
Loot
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Robert
Barinthasheer
Jericho
Ryder (Danger Sense)
Elennar (Master Tactician)
Dr. Asterisk
Vik

Enemies

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Elennar

Re: 5.5 Manning the Walls

Post by Elennar »

Elennar peruses the map, then stands up straight. "Lieutenant. I am unfamiliar with the surroundings and history here. Are there any known threats in that region? Recent reports of activity? It is my understanding that we are not intent on provoking Coalition ire. Are we expected to retreat if confronted?"
Elennar, The Huntress
Elennar, The Huntress
Pace: 6; Parry: 8
Toughness: 16 (8)
Armor: Retrapped NE-C20 Camouflage Variable EBA with overcoat/cloak
Pertinent Edges: Improved Trademark Weapon,
Command, Command Presence, Inspire, Natural Leader, Master Tactician, Hold the Line!
, Elan, Soldier,
Total +2 to hit or ignore 4 points penalties
, Take 'Em Down
Current Status Post
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

@Elennar asked the questions most on Jericho's mind. So he only listed to the report and then asks the only question left. "Are there any areal shots or maps of the area? they can be invaluable when scouting and help to establish landmarks."
Vik

Post by Vik »

After stitching up his flash new magick jammies, Vik spends the next week and a half with Charlize not wearing them at all. By the time Lt. Winnie comes callin' Vik is well-tired out and ready for a vacation.

"Right, little 'xcursion does a body good, bit of a recharge of the ol' vital fluids," he says. "Lance Sgt. Grano ... er, Lance Sergeant, see to stocking the Casa-Worries wif' victuals and libations and the like. I've got a cask of special spirits in the garage what can go in the secure storage. Oy, bugger me, but what I intended to replace that railslinger wif' something a bit more enchanted-like, and misremembered in my distraction. Well, somefin' to sort when we've returned from our merry jaunt into the hinters, I warrant."
Vik Donnager
Quick Stats
Human Techno-Wizard
Bennies: 2/3 + 2/2
Adventure Cards:

Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d10, Spirit d8, Strength d6 (1d12+1), Vigor d6 +2
Pace: 6 (8) (1d6); Parry: 5 (9); Toughness: 17 (8) MDC or 21 (12) with amulet
Hindrances: Big Mouth; Device Dependent; Enemies (Coalition and True Federation); Gearhead Geek (Quirk-OCD tapping); Overconfident; Stubborn.
Notice d8+2, Persuasion d6, Common Knowledge d4
Edges and Abilities of Note: Adept + Auto-Raise for boost trait, Arcane Background (Weird Science) (Devices malfunction on a roll of 1); Arcane Machinist (Gadgeteer) (six times/session, as an action, create a device with 10 PPE, +5 PPE on a raise, using any TW power, -2 per rank above own); Elan; Luck + Great Luck; Machine Maestro (+1 to Common Knowledge, Electronics, Hacking, Research, Repair and Thievery rolls when interfacing with electronics and machines, +2 with preexisting TW and arcane devices); Master of Magic.
PPE: 5/20
Active Effects: No MAP, double Pace and Running, no running penalty; +1d Shooting and one free reroll/round; Imp. Take Em Down and Imp. Signature Weapon (railgun); +4 damage to cannon, +6 damage to railgun
KahlessNestor

Post by KahlessNestor »

Date: January 3, 110 PA
Mission: Day 0
Time: 1205
Weather: 10 degrees colder than the season (very cold); no wind; light snow
Ley Line: Yes
Scene modifiers:
  • Light/Visibility: -1 for snow
Round 0

"Lieutenant. I am unfamiliar with the surroundings and history here. Are there any known threats in that region? Recent reports of activity? It is my understanding that we are not intent on provoking Coalition ire. Are we expected to retreat if confronted?" Elennar asked.

Winston rolled his cigar in his mouth before answering. “Obviously defend yourselves, Defend innocents,” the dogboy lieutenant said. “Standard Tomorrow Legion doctrine. But yes, don’t go pokin’ the bull. The Coalition don’t know we’re set up here yet, and I’d like to keep that state of affairs going’ as long as possible. We don’t have word of any specific threats, but Fort Sioux is just up the river, and so CS patrols could be around that area. Mostly fly the flag, help anyone you might run across -- the refugee train has slowed since winter set in, but they are still out there -- and it’s always better to deal with threats out there before they get too close to the fort. We just don’t have the manpower or communications to go that far out with our regular patrols.”

"Are there any aerial shots or maps of the area? they can be invaluable when scouting and help to establish landmarks," Jericho asked.

Winston shook his head. “Not that the Legion has,” he said. “Coalition likely has some. Maybe the First Apocalyptic Cavalry has some. But away from the river, we’re pretty much blind out here.”

The ice in Winston’s scotch and soda clinked as he picked up the glass and took a sip. “Good luck out there, Trailblazers.”
Instructions
You have the day to requisition anything you think you might need. You’ll get a standard supply of a month of rations and water loaded into the Cassowary. Otherwise write a post making whatever requisitions you need (Use the Wealth system and the proper Resource die), and then showing up to leave in the morning.
Loot
Combat Notes

Initiative:

Robert
Barinthasheer
Jericho
Ryder (Danger Sense)
Elennar (Master Tactician)
Dr. Asterisk
Vik

Enemies

GM Notes
GM Bennies: 7/7
GM Notes
101st GM Bennies: 8/8
Whiskey Pete 4/2
Mia 4/2

Rising Stars GM Bennies 8/8
Elennar

Post by Elennar »

Elennar takes the day to make her own preparations for the excursion. Her belongings are packed in short order. She makes a stop to see the quartermaster. "I had submitted a request for a quantity of particular arrows to be sent to the fort in anticipation of my arrival. Have they arrived?"
The quartermaster nods. "Sure did." With little additional fanfare, he piles a few cases onto the table, each containing an assortment of specialized arrows. She smiles. "These will do nicely. Thank you, my friend."
The remainder of the day is spent in meditation and contemplation. She finds a place outside the walls of the fort and walks amongst the trees, praying for the Hunter's guidance, safety, and wisdom to direct the actions of those she might command. Rested and recharged, she arrives in the morning at the Cassowary. "Let us depart and carry out our duty with excellence and honor."
Requisitions
Arrow requisitions: 1d10!!: [6] = 6
Elennar, The Huntress
Elennar, The Huntress
Pace: 6; Parry: 8
Toughness: 16 (8)
Armor: Retrapped NE-C20 Camouflage Variable EBA with overcoat/cloak
Pertinent Edges: Improved Trademark Weapon,
Command, Command Presence, Inspire, Natural Leader, Master Tactician, Hold the Line!
, Elan, Soldier,
Total +2 to hit or ignore 4 points penalties
, Take 'Em Down
Current Status Post
Dr. Asterisk
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Dr. Asterisk »

The bot, absent other duties, spent its time detailing the Cassowary. For those whom are able to smell it was probably getting a bit ripe in there. Or not, what does he know? Upon return, the crew will be no doubt delighted to find all gear inventoried, serviced and reorganized/re-catalogued using Dr. Sam's 2nd most efficient file system. The first most efficient file system is classified but this one is just as good and it means everyone should be able to find their gear in a much quicker, more organized fashion. Just enter a code on the keypad and whoosh! the requested item is found, scanned and placed in front of the user.

This keypad is the latest, uh, well the keypad...was over here...hang on.

Dr. Asterisk

Bennies: 3/3

Current Wealth: 19,480 Universal Credits
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Jericho just met these people and they seem okay so far. But the idea that they would trust him as a near stranger with requisitions seemed strange. They had no idea if he was a flake who would run at the first sign of trouble, or a reliable soldier. They must have put some good stock in the woman's words to trust him already. "I do not need much. Food water, and keep my e-clips charged. I will work for you." He says for now.

"Maybe after I get some work done for you, then we can talk about extra toys and stuff."

Return to “Adventure Forum”