Part 1.5: Banished to Shaintar

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Part 1.5: Banished to Shaintar

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon fed video recap
Diamond Clad... " Ksshhh.. Say again Hans... Ksshhhh... Demon???"

Nothing but white light, blinding white light! A familiar voice echoes in your voice... ” Meow, Hans, Humble is that you?”
You find yourself in the dirt of a lightly wooded forest with a lake-side town of medieval make just yonder down the road. The town’s small wooden buildings and homes are dwarfed by the ironically large dwarven made trading post. The fine crafted building stands over four stories tall and easily viewed for miles around as evident by your own eyes.

The heroes are not alone out in the wilderness. Several bandit esque thugs are nearby looking rather startled and to some extent hopfully opertunistic at the newcomers arrival. The bandits chortle and lear at Hans and Humble. They even gesture up to the dead man in the trees. The dead man hung un the tree seems out of place, dressed in fineries and a large purse hanging from his belt. Three other folks are hog tied as well, and at least alive for now. A dwarve with dark hair and a short beard. The shifter known as Albeih has gag is over mouth, surprise surprise. Third and nearest to Hans and Humble, maybe 10 feet away is the familiar cat Sammy. All three look bruised and beaten, and Sammy while bound is not gagged because who gags a cat.

Sammy taunts the bandits approaching Hans and Humble. ” Meow, I reckon you have about 6 seconds left to live...”. Sammy’s voice catches when he sees Humbles injuries, ” Meow, Humble what happen—“. One of the bandits kicks Sammy shutting him up. Then they approach Hans and Humble. They clearly mean to relieve you of gear and other precious items that are strewn at your feet and within arms reach. One of them a big fella already seems to have Sammy’s infamous revolver in hand.
He smiles down at Hans and Humble, ” Welcome to Char I suppose, Lilly said this job would lucrative and it looks like it is doubly so. First the Trade Wright payroll and now some choice enchanter goods. My kind of bread run. She will pay us nicely once we get back to town. I always make sure those who are about to get strung up know who is doing the stringing. The name is Miv the Mankiller. Go to work boys, start with the big one all bloody and dismembered, then do the dwarve special style. Make sure you bring me the hammer and gun, they look mighty nice.”

Player note: Your ship is nowhere to be found.
Old Friends
Sammy.JPG
Sammy.JPG (25.79 KiB) Viewed 24615 times
Ailbhe.jpeg
Ailbhe.jpeg (50.82 KiB) Viewed 24615 times

Player directions:
Quick combat +2.

Welcome to Quick Combat: Legends vs 30 Bandits and Miv the Mankiller
Scene Modifier: +2.
Quick combat rules: Make your one roll to interact with the scene minus the above modifier ( If it is casting bolt, you roll spell casting... Damage is not needed. If shooting your weapon just roll shooting with the any applicable modifiers including the scene modifier above ). This roll needs to be some kind of combat related skill or action.

Generally only 1 success is really needed for a group success, but 5 or more successes will give a more favorable outcome to the next scene.

There is no initiative order, just make your post and use your roll to narrate how well you do. Try to leave something for everyone :D
  • a crit failure means you have received 1d3 wounds, and were not able to help the group succeed. Perhaps though, your defeat was epic.
  • failure you received 1 wound. You might have had some impact but you also were wounded in the process. 3d6 ammo or power points spent.
  • success, You did a good Job, maybe not a legendary victory, but you did what was required to save the day. 2d6 ammo or power points spent.
  • Success with raise(8), Wow! Did you write the book on how to be a legend? Bards will be singing songs for years to come about what you did this day. You certainly shined during this combat. 1d6 ammo or power points spent.
Attachments
48A4C9C4-1686-4F14-9F5A-7400F247B48E.jpeg
FEF5B972-028E-42B1-9272-6E37467273A5.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Part 1.5: Banished to Shaintar

Post by Hans Greuber »

Quick Combat
Quick Combat at +2 (Weird Science at +4 Total)
  • Technowizardry: [dice]0[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]1[/dice]
    • Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
    Result: 12 - Success with 2 Raises.
    • PPE Cost: [dice]3[/dice] - Upped to 5 to meet the minimum PPE expenditure for the desired Power... Telekinesis.
"Sammy, Albeih, good sir, we will soon have these bandits taken care of. 'Miv the Mankiller', you are just unfortunate enough to encounter two who are not of the race of 'Man"... we are a Dwarf and an Ogre. Humble, take care of the others while I deal with their leader."

With that, Hans takes lifts up his Gravametric Mental Force Redirector from where it hung on his CAF Harness and aimed it at 'Miv the Mankiller'. Up, up, up went Miv, well above the the trees, even well above the Dwarven trading post. After inverting Miv, Hans looks over at Humble... and is surprised to find him having finally succumbed to all of his injuries at the hands of the Greater Demon, the magics of the Greater Demon that had sent them here, and finally the bandits who pounced upon the weakened Ogre and were able to finally down him. Looking over at the remaining bandits, and especially at the one who struck the final blow, Hans hurled Miv down like a missile head first onto the one who had downed Humble, and the two crash into a boneless heap.

"Now boys, I will be going over and checking on my friends over there and over there who you have just mistreated. Once I am done, if you are still ANYWHERE near us, I will treat you like I did your boss. If I find you have taken and kept ANYTHING of theirs, I will find you and hunt you down. Don't even bother to try to grab anything off of these two either, because they forfeited everything to us in attacking and you are all just lucky I don't take it out on you too. You are just lucky I am letting you keep your weapons. Now be off with you!!!"

With that, Hans checks on Humble, then rescues Sammy, Albeih and the Dwarf.

"What a fine situation you got yourselves in Sammy, Albeih, and you too Good Sir. I am Hans Greuber. Are any of you seriously injured, and what brings you to hang around with my two friends over here?"
General Knowledge 27
General Knowledge to recognise the name Char and knowledge about it
  • Smarts: [dice]4[/dice]
    • Ace: [dice]6[/dice]
      • Re-Ace[dice]7[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]5[/dice]
    Result: 27 - Success with 5 Raises
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Silver Ring 1: 5 / 10
Silver Ring 2: 5 / 10
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Arcane Machinist Gadgets Left: 1 /6
Created Gadgets:
Arcane Protection (6 PPE left)
Remote Viewing (6 PPE left)
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Bennies: 1 (+1 Z) / 3
Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie
-1 to Reroll Fear against Vithen Wraiths
-1 to Reroll Arcana to Find Geist among Mirror Selves

Toughness: 16 (8); Parry: 4; Pace: 5 (d4)
Golems:
Gargamel (Invested PPE, Flying Pace 12, Mind Rider)
Huey (Mind Rider), Dewey, Louis
Alvin (Mind Rider), Simon, Theodore
https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?p=76048#p76048

Hans:
  • Fatigue: 0
    Wounds: 0
Golems (*=Mind Link, #=Winged)
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Stumbling through his body still burning from the magic inside him as the two forces fight each other, the demons boundless magic, versus Humble's unrelenting force.

Shaking his head clear Humble smells Sammy and Ailbhe. How could they be hear, did not both retire from the fields of war? Looking up just as his head clears humble sees one of the bandits kick Ailbhe while the others approach to threaten Hans and he. With lightning quick reactions Humble kicks a stone sending it racing towards the man blowing through his knee and leaving the man on the ground grasping what is left of his leg hanging on only by a thread.

Humble unleashes on the poor bandits as if they were nothing, as like paper dolls he rushes towards them. But unfortunately Humble did not consider the consequences of the demons magic still tearing through him. As one of the bandits feeling angered by what he saw happen to his brother swung his own hammer at Humble, in what Humble would have assumed to be a futile waste of effort. However the magic coursing through him was enough that Humbles body was still weak like that of a mortal and as his stumbled to the ground somehow the mortal weapon brained Humble dropping him on the ground! Adrenaline rushing through him the man laughed, he has just felled an Ogre in 1 swing, but Humble saw none of what happened next.
Some Rolls and Stuff
Notice X, +2 with scent
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

QUICK COMBAT +2, 3 for wounds = -1
Fighting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

[dice]4[/dice]

Incapacitation = Not dead yet.
Wild [dice]5[/dice] + Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Vigor [dice]6[/dice]

Current Status
Current Status
Parry: 7 reduced by four from Berserk and Wild attack to 3
Toughness: 28 (8) +6 From Growth, -1 from TD = 33 (8)
PPE: 10/10
Wounds: -3/3 (Incapacitated again!)
Fatigue: 0/0 (Immune to Fatigue)

Hammer Shells: 6/8

Tongues: 0/3
Teleport: 1/3

ACTIVE EFFECTS:
None

Bennies: 0
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 1st Q 2018 Posting rate
    +1 For not being able to read letter
    +1 Benny “for being freaking heroic”
    -3 For Soak Roll versus Fusion Block
    -1 Extra Effort to Spot the Laser Point
    -1 Extra effort to grapple sniper
    +1 GM deleted rolls
    -1 Extra Effort to Avoid Missiles
    +1 RP Bonus from The Jewel Finder
    -1 Reroll to help the shuttle escape
    -1 Reroll again to help the shuttle escape
    -1 To Soak falling 50" from the sky
    -1 to become unshaken in same turn as fall
    +1 History of The Demon Black Cat
    -1 Extra effort to Hit Demon

Currently Using Han's Hammer
  • Damn that sucker is heavy!]
    Damage: Str+2d10+4 (+3d8)
    Really Bigbore Shells: Free Push, and 3d8 damage on impact. On a raise the impact of bigbore’s are 3d10 and raise damage in general is 1d10. The Shells take a streetwise check to find at -2, and are 1000 a pop. It houses 8 strikes.
    Str Min: is 1d12+4
    Weight: 40 lbs
    This is a fully tricked out legendary super tech device, use 147,000 credits as the base for repairs.
[/quote]

Parry: 9 (1 from swords)
Toughness: 16 (4)

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The dwarve removes his bonds while Sammy and Ailbhe do the same. He has a long beard and his ancient clan talisman weaved in his beard would indicate he is very much of the ancient Grubadorn Clan the ancient clan that the Gruber’s stem from. He gathers up a satchel and several papers that lie strewn arround. Albhie and Sammy do the same.

Sammy nods at the two, ” Meow, thank you rightly so. Abastor and I have been out here for a few weeks helping this town Charr out. Bandits and what not.” Ailbhe smiles and scratches the cat’s head. She looks at Hans and Humble appraisingly.

Sammy purs and meows gathering his sunshine pistol, ” Ahh yeah its been rough out in these parts. This is Hams Grubadorn. He is one of the main dwarves that runs that trader company yonder. They have some crickty crack rocks that Diamond Clad is interested in.”

The dwarve nods and smiles offering a hand, ” Arrr ye pleasure to meet ye. Names Hams Hightower of the Grubadorn clan. We make our mettle in the mountains to the west of Charr and sell in ‘ur Traddin Posty.” The dwarves accent is think but managable to those with a modicum of intelegence. He kicks one of the bandits that is stuck into the ground face first like a crumbled dart. ” I diddnt ‘ppose you two farers are in need of work?”

Sammy smiles and taps his revolver spinning the cylinder, ” Not a bad idea Hams, its been a bit of an ole challenge keeping the dubs out of Charr with just Avalanche and I on patrol. You think Big Bill will let them stay at in the inn?”

The dwarve nods, ” Aye, I think Big Bill can be persuaded once he hears the tale of their arrival. Plus it might be good to have some more muscle if that dark haired elf slips back into the picture... I godda wonder where she went?”

Sammy nods, ” I reckon it was her craft that poisoned our drinks and gut us under the sun out here... Say though Hans and Humble you two came in here pretty hot. I am sure Ailbhe can rift you back where you came from... I hate to leave ole Hams here to fend for his own but the Black comes first. You need our help and you got it.”

The dwarve starts to protest as he gets the drift that all the heores might leave him to his own innefective devices but a glance by Ailbhe siliences him. She speaks calmly with focus, ” Friends, it is clear we will help you or you can help us. Each choice bears its own responsibilities. What will yours be?”

Say the word and you can head back to Rift’s earth or you can hangout in Shintair...
Oh Han’s epic roll is more or less resolved here. the 27 basically means its Han’s ancenestors that are in charge of the trading post and are the nearest clan.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble gets up from where he was felled frustrated from his lack of effectiveness in the battle. Looking to Hans he apologizes before realizing clearly who the others are. "Sorry Hans, I did not fight well."
then looking around at his friends he had seen earlier his eyes confirm what he had thought they told him earlier. Moving forward quickly he gives Ailbhe a good hug and then lifts up Sammy in his hand to his shoulder. "That you live is good. I missed you." Forgetting to address the question of should they stay or should they go, Humble instead tells Sammy of the battles they had fought over the last week and this things he has learned. After sharing his story Humble stands tall and looks around. "We need a place to eat and drink."

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Humble wrote:Humble gets up from where he was felled frustrated from his lack of effectiveness in the battle. Looking to Hans he apologizes before realizing clearly who the others are. "Sorry Hans, I did not fight well."
then looking around at his friends he had seen earlier his eyes confirm what he had thought they told him earlier. Moving forward quickly he gives Ailbhe a good hug and then lifts up Sammy in his hand to his shoulder. "That you live is good. I missed you." Forgetting to address the question of should they stay or should they go, Humble instead tells Sammy of the battles they had fought over the last week and this things he has learned. After sharing his story Humble stands tall and looks around. "We need a place to eat and drink."
Sammy’s eyes go wide at Humble’s tale. He is usually not one to balk at a challenge, ” Meow Humble... Smooth as shit that Black Cat Demon is. Don’t you remember Charlesbad caverns at all?” Sammy shakes his head and whistles softly.
” It was one of the first all hands on deck legion actions. 5 SETs and the chromium gaurdsmen all gathered outwest in a small hotel... Even a CS division was brought in on the action. That was where I first met Vello. Lord Coake was in command. It was pretty horrific Humble, Hordes of demons spewing forth from a hell pit. War and strife raged for weeks... We were it, just us were all that stood against the demons busting out into the new west. It got bad, really bad... Meow, I thought about heading out at least twice, and from the looks on the faces of the other sets they were thinking along the same lines. But Coake and Vello kept us together and in the fight... About the third week is when the Black Cat demon showed up, or rather, now I gather, released ... Thats also when I first laid eyes on you. I am not even sure what side you were on Humble... But you and the Black Cat were not exactly on speaking terms if you get my drift...” Sammy pauses shaking his head seemingly trying ward off some disturbing images. ” Yeah I know a good barr in char, lets get a drink.”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble remembered the Cavern, but he is a little ashamed to admit. "Guavant the Necromancer controlled me then." then looking up with less shame Humble says proudly. "But one of the Legion freed me. So I turned on Guavant." He remembers fondly his fight against the vampires. But also his frustration as even with his magic sword he would cut a vampire in half only to have to regenerate before the Legion lady with the giant sunlight came and finished them off. His adrenaline ran strong for days in one of his longest battles and he enjoyed all of it.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Edition Video Recap
Welcome to the Gates of Charr

Charr a hamlet of a city sitting on the edge of a lake that feeds into a swift river. It is a moderate hub of commerce nestled just east of the the North reaches of great dwarven populated mountains. Its gates are strong wooden oak, well lackered and fortifiet with iron studs. The walls are about 20ft high, and about 12 city gaurds men with lances drawn and their intolerance captain, Commodore Voldo Vincent impose a greeting upon the heroes as they make their return. The Commodore’s black armor, grizzled worn countance, and black leather eye patch might give a normal hero pause...
Pic of Commodore Voldo Vincent
AD9AD6D2-3BDC-495E-8B0A-2CF6790C48E4.jpeg
The Commodore steps out with his sword sheathed for now with a scowl and snear on his lips. A sigil of a golden lion face on his shoulder pauldrons glints brightly in the afternoon sun. He rubbs his face with a well polished black gauntlet. He seems to take no heed of the heroes with Hamn Hightower, other than to deepen his scowl.

Hams whispers quickly and quietly right before the Commadore gets in ear shot, ” Da ales gone sour in dat man’s head.” He grabs Han’s wrist, ”Careful with da spells, I da seen black wizard rain down mddators on him and da Lion Gaurd Pauldrons came to life block da attack andda kill da wizard.”Hams seems more worried now than when he was about to get robbed by bandits.

The Commadore does little in the way of smiling and taps his gauntlet thoughtfully, ” Hams Hightower a master of the Ye Ole Trading Post. Now what brings you back to town so quickly after you so rudely left this morning.”
Ailbhe and Sammy exchange some furtive glances and Hams sort of hems and haws. Hams does his best though, ” Dah srry dabout dat, Idda know we are suppupose’d da drop coin for da toll but wedda some bandas chasing us outda city.”

The Commadore laughs, ” Bandits inside Charr, I think not. You will have to do better than that dwarve. I have had enough of you and your outlanders. A cat, a woman with horns, now you bring an Ogre and another dwarve with armor far too ornate to be of these lands.” The men he has with him laugh, as do several on the above rampart. The Commadore bellows for all to here, ” Come now Trading Dwarve tell us the sordid details... I dare you.”

Hams starts to portest, ” Wait, now see here my clan...” Fairly quickly the Commadore knocks Hams into the dirt, ” Your clan dwarve!” He points to the mountains to the west just visible over the tree line, ” Your clan drove my ancestor’s from their mountain homes... Do not dare lecture me!” He draws his blade, ” Never lecture me on what the Grubadoran’s did to the Vincents. I know.” The situation seems to gone down hill faster than a pig eating baked beans.

Sammy’s eye cocks and his paw is hovering over his holster. Ailbhe seems to have tensed as well although neither she nor Sammy have actually drawn weapons. Sammy seethes just so Hans and Humble hear him, ”Meow, this Commadore Voldo Vincent has been a thorn... Always giving us the finger. Seems he has it in for the Grubadorans for some time. But the Commadore is pretty influential in these parts, if we can’t smooth it over we might as well head out with out what we need to build another gate.”

Ailbhe nods, ” We must get past them Sammy, the portal stone that allows me to open a rift back is at the inn. Given how we were drugged by that damn dark haired elf woman Lilly I am concerned. Also, leaving Char means we let Diamond Clad down, which mean we let Gloom down. We really needs these rocks this Trading post has...” She sighs looking at Sammy. Then looks at Hans and Humble, ” Whatever we do, we do it together. We’ll follow your lead Hans and Humble. Talk our way, fight our way, or something else out of your bag of tricks. We got your backs.”

Player Directions: So its time to get past the gaurds. Make 1 choice from the below options: 1) Social combat at -2. Each player rolls Persuation at -2, or intimidation -2. Post your narration based on your roll. 5 Successes are needed. Upon 5 You get past and can can conduct your business as normal.
2) Quick Combat at +4, Each player rolls a combat oriented roll. Needless to say the gaurds are fairly easy to put down. Note: This will most likely end with you leaving Charr in a rush after heading to the bar/inn to retrieve the stones. This will also put the Grubadorans in a bit of predicament.
3) Other option: Dramatic Task requiring 5 successes. You choose the flavor of the task and make the skill roll at -2. Obviously the task at hand is getting past these gaurds, but how it occurs is up to you. But both players must have the skill or like skill ( Same Trait) to do it. Depending on the skill and narration things may go ok, they may go not ok, they may go so so.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

"Humble, follow me. Don't attack them. We will just follow the directions Sammy gives us to get the gate materials. Let them blunt their weapons on our armor and we will ignore them."

"Sammy, you talk to them and explain the futility of trying to stop Humble and myself. Stay outside the town with the other two, and we will get what is needed, without any bloodshed."

My extended Clansmen will get what is theirs.

With that Hans just calmly walks into town, trusting his armor to keep him safe.
Vigor 9
Choice 3 - Using Vigor for the Dramatic Task... so d10-2
  • Vigor: [dice]0[/dice]
    • Re-roll
      • Vigor: [dice]2[/dice]
        Wild: [dice]3[/dice]
        • Re-Re-roll
          • Vigor: [dice]4[/dice]
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise.
Hmmm... that sword was definitely of poor quality. It shattered on the third hit on my armor. That guy's axe, however, almost penetrated my armor. Must be of Dwarven manufacture.
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Greuber

PPE: 15 / 30 (11 - 13 Invested into Gargamel, 1 Invested into Humble's Bracelet)
Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble nods, he does not like the idea of just letting potential enemies attack the team, but he knows it is important for him to follow orders. The conflict in his mind is frustrating, maybe he will get lucky and Hans will let him knock out a few of them. No need to kill them, but this is dangerous. "Yes, sir." He says dejectedly, as he is unskilled in hiding emotions and has never learned to deceive others.
Looking down at the small mouthy beings Humble starts getting upset when they are rude to Hans. "Please let me kill the rude one?" But when Hans does not okay it, Humble is annoyed the little human and his loose mouth. "You should be nicer to Hans."
Vigor 19
Vigor for Dramatic Tasks d12+2, +4 from Task, +2 from Armor.
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice] Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Forgot +2 from armor

Current Status
Current Status
Parry: 7
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 10/10
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0 (Immune to Fatigue)

Hammer Shells: 6/8

Tongues: 0/3
Teleport: 1/3

ACTIVE EFFECTS:
None

Bennies: 4
  • +3 Quarterly Reset
    +1 2nd Q 2018 Posting rate

Currently Using Han's Hammer
  • Damn that sucker is heavy!]
    Damage: Str+2d10+4 (+3d8)
    Really Bigbore Shells: Free Push, and 3d8 damage on impact. On a raise the impact of bigbore’s are 3d10 and raise damage in general is 1d10. The Shells take a streetwise check to find at -2, and are 1000 a pop. It houses 8 strikes.
    Str Min: is 1d12+4
    Weight: 40 lbs
    This is a fully tricked out legendary super tech device, use 147,000 credits as the base for repairs.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Sammy and Ailbhe stand back and watch the gaurds men hack at Hans and humble for the better part of the afternoon. More, gaurdsmen come down from the ramparts to test their might and all to soon even folks from the city proper stream out to see the feat of vigor come to Charr.

The commadore with his arm sprained in at least two places lays his sword to rest. He starts to say something but Sammy jumps up on his lion gaurd shoulder pauldron. ” Meow, Commadore Voldo... See here we got us what I call a mexican standoff, if we were in mexico and you hand something that could hurt Hans and Humble. Really though Commadore its just a couple of great legends from a land far away putting on a show about restraint.” The Commadore looks at his men who are laughing with the people of Charr as more and more try their luck at harming Hans and Humble. He shakes his head scowling and leaves the party to their own devices.

Its a bit of celebration as Hans and Humble are finally welcomed to Charr. Its streets in the wanning afternoon light normally are thin with activity but the massive throng of folks essentially escort Hans, Humble, Alibhe, Sammy, and Hams Hightower to the Black Lantern barr and Inn. Old man Bill, the propeter was just sweeping it out getting ready for the evening service when the throng approaches. Bill shouts to his bar maids, ” Get ready lasses looks like a hub bub is brewing, diner starts early.”
Bar man and exterior of the Black Lantern
Bar man bill
Bar man bill
Outside bar
Outside bar
A Time for Tale, Tall and Small. The food is set out, drinks are poured. Hams Hightower it seems is footing the beer for this celebration of heroes. The crowd seems incredably interested in the two heroes Hans and Humble. Folks are keen to get a look, a hand shake, or a word with the two mighty folks. It becomes a bit much for Ailbhe and she nods bidding the group a good evening retiring to her room upstairs. None too subtly she looks at Sammy passing him a key. The cat smiles stretching on Humble’s mighty shoulder. For now Sammy seems content to watch, drink, and listen to the heroes. All too soon though the Barman Bill beseeches Hans and Humble to regal the crowd with a story of their mighty deeds. ” What brought you here to our lands? Surely heroes such as yourselves have a grand tale about adventure whether tragic, heroic, beautiful, or victorious.” The crowd cheers wanting, nay desiring such a sorrid tale. The barman adjusts his orange smock and places a pair of fresh mugs with frothy ale, ” What say you mighty heroes? One tale?”

Sammy chuckles pulling out a cigar from his magic pouch and lights it up bounding down off Humble’s shoulder. He gives them both a wink and curles up next to the roaring fire ready for some exciting stories. With the sun now set and the gleam of the bar’s candel light and fire in full effect it does indeed seem time for legendary Tales!
Inside the Black Lantern Bar and tavern
Inside bar
Inside bar

Interlude Time! Tell a story related to your adventures that is either Heroic(1), Tragic(2), Beautiful(3), or Victorious(4).
For this interlude you receive +1 benny, and +1 xp(immediately, I will no longer track interlude xp).
Note: rolling a 1d4 is optional.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Interlude Theme - Victorious
[dice]0[/dice]
"As I recently said to a Black Cat Demon , 'You want Legendary, you should see my Father and what he does'."

**About 30 Years ago in a mountain pass in Shaintar not far from Charr**

Looking down from the wall at the pass he and his clansmen were guarding, Zaemon Greuber could only hope for a miracle. The pass was filled with creatures of Flame as far as the eye could see. There were even a few Gargoyles flying above, only kept back by crossbow fire and the occasional shot from the special Grapeshot Cannons he had devised to shoot them down. Even if EVERY single bolt they had in their inventory KILLED one of those creatures, they would still have to deal with over half of the creatures.

Fortunately, the Dwarven made wall they were guarding could take a lot of punishment. It was made from the hardest stone from deep within the mountains. It was designed and built to withstand anything and everything that creatures like this could throw at it. Unfortunately, it was not designed to withstand THIS MANY. They would smash themselves against it, dying by the scores, by the hundreds, by the thousands. Eventually they would build a ramp of their own corpses and crest over the wall and force the by then tired Dwarves, maybe a couple hundred in number, to fight the remaining demons of which there was sure to be over a thousand left. It would take a miracle to drive off the demons and other creatures. Thankfully their leader had been overconfident and as laid up due to a sniper's crossbow bolt at the start of the battle. Without that bit of luck, not even a miracle would save them.

Thankfully Zaemon Greuber had a secret weapon. It was his wife and love, Greteel, a Dwarven High Priestess. Their hope was that the energy from her Faith could be channelled through a device that he had made that would banish any Demons or any other nearby Creatures of Flame from this plane of existence and back to that which spawned their type. It was of an untried device, but it was their best chance. The trouble was that in it did not have the longest range. In order for it to work well enough to throw back the assault, their foes had to be right among them. That meant holding back the creatures as his clansmen made an orderly withdrawal back to the device to have the best chance of it working well enough for them to defeat the horde. Only then would they be sure that the rest of their clansmen back in the mountains would be safe from this invasion. It would cost lives, many Dwarven lives for them to slowly draw the remaining foes close enough to the device to send them away. Their sacrifice, however, should... no WOULD insure the survival of their clan.

The battle want as Zaemon predicted. Demon after demon, creature after creature. They all kept on pushing forward. If their leader was healthy, he would have had a better plan, but left on their own, the creatures kept pushing forward... smothering and killing their cohorts... then the were in turned pushed and smothered.... until slowly the pile of corpses started to climb up the wall.

The Dwarves chose their shots wisely. They shot any creatures that seemed smarter and were calling out any orders other than to push forward. Soon these smarter ones realized that it would be smarter not to call attention to themselves and instead hang back as much as they could so as not to be crushed and instead do the crushing and perhaps even be one of the ones to climb onto the wall and engage the Dwarves... though better not to be one of that first wave either. Even these smart minions could not see anything except crushing the Dwarves with wave upon wave upon wave of foes until at last they were buried under bodies and defeated.

The Dwarves were stoic, and held the line even as the wall was crested. The last bolts available were shot from the crossbows, taking down the first wave. There were yet more waves. The Dwarves held their line as they slowly gave ground to draw the creatures in... closer and closer to Zaemon's device. One by one, Dwarves fell under the onslaught, but they held their line as the orderly withdrew back to the device. Finally Zaemon and Greteel activated the device.

"As you all know, the Dwarven Lands were saved that day. Everyone thought that Zaemon Greuber and his fellow Dwarves had perished to the last. I am Zaemon's son, and I am 26 years old. I can tell you they survived. What all happened to Zaemon Greuber and the rest... well that will be a tale for another day."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble looks around and the familiarity of the setting draws him back. He finds himself thinking of days long past, and those thoughts soon consuming him. Suddenly a deep draw of breath and he begins to sing, a song in the ogre tongue. His accent on this world is old and likely even other ogres would not recognize it, but sing he does. The tune was slow and melancholy each line taking a full breath to sing.

‘What strong hands that beat the threshing floor
What strong hand that soothe the wounds
What strong hand have provided for
The children they have bore

When comes the chains of human will
When comes the pains of human skill
Those hands that break at human sword
Those hands they broke through human word

The father who defended noble in all
Now serves at human beck and call
The mother who bore children through the flood
Now lies in her own spilled blood

The humans came to tame the land
But stole it from those with peace in hand
The son was given to battle and war
But broken he served into his core

Then came the day the day he freedom born
No longer would he serve the those Camdon born
So came a Field of Blood born in Black
A Battle with without evils lack

A slave’s hand no longer in chain
Ready to slay those who brought forth the pain

While much of the music is lost in the understanding of men. The meaning was clear to those who could hear. This was a the tale of a slaves capture at the hands of Camdon slavers and the anger of that slave still lives on.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

As the evening sets so does the telling of tales. The crowd that had formed and followed Hans and Humble gives their thanks( each player receives a total of 2 gold coins worth of money). Bill the owner, tells you both with a tear and joy in his eyes, ” We folks of Charr, love a good tale, and you two have filled our hearts, souls, and minds with much this eve. For as long and as often you need a room I’ll make accommodations free of charge so long as you occationally give us a yarn like those...” He yawns as he watches the fire die down, and grins at the few folks asleep in the comfy chairs and high back stools.

Sammy himself yawns bounding up to the stairs with a key in hand. ” Meow, fellas I’ll see you both in the morn...”
A dagger flies through the air thudding into Sammies chest even as he leaps to avoid it. His momentum carries him crashing through the upper level window and onto the street unmoving.

Ailbhe suddenly appears ( as if she is running from something or someone) coming down the stairwell stumbling head over heals about half way down. Her face is brused, and beaten and not from her tumble. More like someone had been working her over. Her wrists are bleeding from rope burn. ” Oh Sammy! They took the portal cryst—-“ She never gets a word out as another dagger comes flying out of the second level hitting her in the back. She gees tumbling the rest of the way down the stairs. A slick green slime coats the dagger protruding from her back. She writhes in pain and stops moving.

A third dagger almost hits the barman Bill, but it just thunks 2 inches from his head into the bar. There is a strange symbol on it like a flame with a skull. The Maelstrom! Bill shucks of his barkeep tunic revealing a dark green woodsman outfit and grabs his bow from beneath the bar. ” I haven’t been a Ranger, for sometime lads. But mess with me and my patrons and you will see how much I remember. I know your ilk you shadow theives, The Maelstrom is not welcome.”

The upstairs level seems a bit darker than normal, and no visible attackers are readily apperent. Bill seems ready to leap into action or perhaps quickly answer a question. Two allies are injured. Some of the patrons are getting up complaining of the ruckus and missing personal items.

Player directions:
We basically are in initiative with Hans and Humble going.
Step 1) Roll a notice check at -4 to see if you lost anything ( 1 valuable item is missing on a failure, 2 on a crit failure), Raise you see a theif slinking out the front door with his arms full of goods.
Step 2) post your turn. Its a 8” movement to get up to the second level using the stairs, or 5” in a straight line via flight. Healing Ailbhe or sammy is at -3.
[dice]0[/dice]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Notice 16
Notice at -4
  • Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
    • Extra Effort: [dice]2[/dice]+2
      Ace: [dice]3[/dice]
      Re-Ace: [dice]4[/dice]
    Result: 16 - Success with 3 Raises
Turn 1
Greater Quickness on Himself, activate his armor's Structural Integrity Field (Greater Armor), and Mass Healing
  • Greater Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro)
    • TW: [dice]5[/dice]
      • Ace: [dice]7[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]6[/dice]
      • Ace: [dice]8[/dice]
      Result: 17 - Success with Raise(s). 9 PPE.
      • The target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. Due to the Auto-Raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.
      • The character may ignore up to two points of multi-action penalties on each of those turns.
      • In addition, due to the Jazz trapping, add +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type for the duration of the power.
      Greater Armor (+2 due Machine Maestro)
    • TW: [dice]13[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]14[/dice]
      Result: 12 - Success with Raise(s). +10 MDC Armor. 6 PPE.
    Mass Healing (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due Power Difficulty)
    • TW: [dice]9[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]10[/dice]
      Result: 10 - Success with Raise. All friendlies within range heal 2 wounds. 6 PPE.
Turn 2
Quickness on Humble, run after the thieves, activate the Wings of Icarus, and draw Dreamtime
  • Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due MaP)
    • TW: [dice]11[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]12[/dice]
      Result: 6 - Success. Auto-Raise. 5 PPE.
      • The target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. Due to the Auto-Raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.
      • In addition, due to the Jazz trapping, add +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type for the duration of the power.
After living with the Hammers, I guess I have almost a sixth sense of when someone was thinking of stealing my stuff.

"Calm down, everyone. Humble and I will take care of this."

"Humble, 6 people upstairs, and 6 people outside. I will take care of the ones out near the front door, and you can handle the ones upstairs. They were the ones to hurt Sammy and Ailbhe. I will heal them enough to stabilize them, and we can get to them later. This should help you."

With that, Hans takes out his Chrono-Accelerator and brings both him and Humble up to a speed of motion rarely seen in Shaintar, though common enough back on Rifts Earth. Between the seconds, Hans also has enough time to use his Mithril Band of Healing to bathe both Sammy and Ailbhe in its healing light, draw Dreamtime out of its holster, activate his Wings of Icarus, and fly straight out the door - following the thief sneaking his way out, and into whatever poor suckers thought they would be able to ambush those rushing out. Little did they know that the metal encased Dwarf now in front of them could have bounced cannon balls off of his armor without even flinching.
Smarts 14
Smarts at -4 to know about the Maelstrom (Ends up a d12-2 roll)
Smarts: [dice]15[/dice]
  • Ace: [dice]17[/dice]
Wild: [dice]16[/dice]
Result: 14 - Success with 2 Raises.
I hate thieves. Wait... he guy mentioned the Maelstrom... hmmm...

"And Humble, these guys do not deserve any mercy. They are scum, and will fight to the death. Give it to them. Insult the Demon Queen, Ceynara, and I am sure you will easily see which ones are members of the Maelstrom. The members of the Maelstrom hurt Sammy and Ailbhe… and stole any of your gear that is missing."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Notice 7 normal, 9 Smell
notice d4, +2 with Smell
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild die [dice]1[/dice]
  • Benny for Reroll
    Notice [dice]2[/dice]
    Wild die [dice]3[/dice] Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Seeing the thief slinking out the door Humble is about ready to run and grab him, when suddenly Sammy and Ailbhe are attacked.
Humble stands and takes off running immediately as soon as he does he feels Han's magic surge through him making him a faster warrior. Running up the stairs humble finds he has to crouch to fit as the floor is not meant for someone his size. Turning his head he looks for who ever is attacking his friends.

Looking Humble saw no enemies, but he did see a swirling soup of supernatural darkness. Humble draws his blade as it erupts in flame. Then seeing nothing in the darkness Humble knows battle field awareness is as important as the ability to swing a sword. Drawing on the elemental heritage of his nature his eyes suddenly glow slightly with a deep crimson so reminiscent of blood it chills the bone, but he does smell the people inside. Roaring out in a deep voice Humble says "You die now!"
Stubborn 7, notice is increased to d8
Exalted Boost Trait -5 PPE
Stubborn [dice]5[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]6[/dice]
  • Extra Effort [dice]7[/dice]
Then he rushes forward swinging his giant sword through the darkness. But the sword makes contact with nothing leaving Humble frustrated all the more.
Fighting 7, 18 heavy damage, But will not hit the kid, so likely slice through a wall
Fighting d12, Wild attack +2, Darkness -4 (overcome
Fighting [dice]8[/dice]
Wild [dice]9[/dice]

Damage [dice]10[/dice] + 2 + [dice]11[/dice]
Active Effect Quickness + Jazz
Quickness (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due MaP)
TW: 1d12 (6) [Make removable]
Wild: 1d6 (3) [Make removable]
The target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. Due to the Auto-Raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.
In addition, due to the Jazz trapping, add +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type for the duration of the power.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

One thing about the second level is that is is not meant for Giant folk. The walls are too narrow and the ceiling far too low. The floor creaks and groans as Humble reaches the top.
Humble is a hairs bredth away from striking a young man maybe about 12-15 years in age. In the darkness the boy looks a bit odd. He has a small strange smile on his face, maybe its the fact that it is slightly extended via face paint that gives it the odd look. About three other kid sized individuals scurry down the hall way and into a room that echoes with the soft wail of a baby. With an apt amount of attention Humble can hear glass breaking from that room as well (This room is located on the other side of the Inn/Tavern farthest from the front door). A sharply dressed man( heavy clothes, furrs, and buckled shoes) pokes out of the room with dark hair. He has a snear on his face a gold medallion arround his neck in the shape of a human face.

” Common Jake, quit foolin’ arround with the big guy, you did those other two in. You deserve your next meal.”
Perhaps its that last comment that draws attention to the young man in front of you and his clothes if you could call it that. A burlap rucksack and threadworn pants, no shoes. The boy Jake holds a pair of throwing knives coated in an oily substance.

In front of Humble Jake gleefully says without fear, ” Yes Master, just like you showed me. De Big U’ns fall harder than most.” Jake smiles slyly at Humble and begins a lengthy verbal taunt of sorts meant to confound and confuse the Giant, ” A Friar, who was but moderately considerate, was preaching to the people at Tivoli, and thundering against adultery, which he depicted in colours of the deepest dye. “It is such a horrible sin,” said he, “that I had rather undo ten virgins than one married woman!” Many, among the congregation, would have shared his preference.“ After the verbal reposete Jake laughs and looks to dart down the hall catching up with the others.
Taunt 9 vs Humble Smarts, anything less than a 6 the kid scampers away after the others down the hall.
Taut [dice]0[/dice]
Downstairs at the front door Hans gets out and sees the night times streets of Char, muddy, dirty, and paved just near the dwarven trading post which is down at the far end of the street. He sees 5 burly armed men with chain armor and greatswords clutched in two hands. One of them looks a bit on the slight side wearing a dark robe with a gold symbol ( a woman’s face) on the front of the hood. He yells to the men, ” Get the kid there.” He points to the theif underneath Hans. The theif from the tavern has his grubby hands full of items, but not anything too heavy as indeed he is just a 12 year old boy who seems wide eyed and worried. He darts to the left while a couple of the brutes grab him. The sly robed man, says ” Demon Queen give me your humble servant, Crogin, your blessing and rain down your fury on the gilded dwarve!” From his fingers a dark ooze sprays forth hitting Hans and much of the front of the Tavern.
Dark Acid Burst Hans Agility vs 5 or 18 pts of Damage MDC
[dice]1[/dice] wild [dice]2[/dice] Agility from Hans is opposed, Burst power (Heavy Weapon)
Damage: [dice]4[/dice]
Possible raise: [dice]5[/dice]
Acid Trapping: [dice]6[/dice]
One of the brutes a bit less brutish and more feminine, laughs at the flying dwarve. She drops her great sword pulling out a rope with a grappling hook. With uncharactisticly agility and cunning she flips the rope and hook up around Hans trying to twist up his legs, while a few other brutes pick up the end. She chortles yelling, ” Pull!!”
Special Agility Trick, 10 vs Hans Piloting. Needs more than a 6 or he goes out of control.
Pender Special Agility Trick with acrobat, [dice]3[/dice] EF [dice]7[/dice]vs Piloting if flying a jet pack. The raise effect is replaced with Hans going out of control.

Tricks:
  • To perform the trick, the player must first describe exactly what his character is doing. Next he makes an opposed Agility or Smarts roll against his foe. The GM must determine which is more appropriate based on the player's description of the maneuver.
    If the character is successful, his opponent is distracted and suffers –2 to his Parry until his next action. With a raise, the foe is distracted and Shaken as well.
    • Special in this particular case the trick is opposed by a piloting roll and the raise effect is replaced with going out of control!
Taunts:
  • To make a Test of Wills, the character makes an opposed roll against his chosen target. The defender uses Smarts to resist Taunt, and Spirit to resist Intimidation. The Game Master should modify both character's rolls depending on the situation. Waving a gun in someone's face isn't polite, but it's definitely worth a +2 bonus to Intimidation, for example (unless the target has an even bigger gun!). A success means the attacker gets a +2 bonus to his next action against the defender during this combat. A raise on the roll gives the attacker the bonus and makes the defender Shaken as well. This can be a great setup for an attack, a trick, or even a second Test of Wills if the first one didn't get a Shaken result.
Go ahead and make your reactions and opposed rolls. I’ll work on the next card draw here in a day or two.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Agility 12
Agility: [dice]4[/dice]
Result: 12 - Success with Raise(s)
Piloting 27
Piloting (+2 due Machine Maestro, +3 due Wings)
  • Piloting: [dice]0[/dice]
    • Ace: [dice]2[/dice]
      • Re-Ace: [dice]3[/dice]
    Result: 27 - Success with Raise(s).
As slow as time is passing for Hans, he has plenty of time to avoid both the Dark Acid Burst and the entangling rope tossed at him by the not so brutish Brute.

"Crogin, I believe your name is... you have drawn the short straw and now you and your... 'Brutes', for lack of better term, will suffer for it. By calling upon the Demon Queen, you have sealed your fate. Never mind the retribution SHE will bestow upon you for your failures, you will also have to face an angry Dwarf whose clan and kin have suffered from your Lady's servants. Unlucky for you, I need information from you and will allow you to live long enough for my kinsmen to get the information from you. Your 'Brutes'... they will perish. That young boy... he is the exception. If he hasn't fallen deep enough under your sway and can be saved, he may very well be the only survivor."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Smarts Roll 5, Shaken
Smarts [dice]0[/dice] Ace [dice]2[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
Seeing the man giving the orders Humble identifies his real enemy, then when the boys starts rambling on about nothing he tries to follow the ramble but it is all meaningless. Humble shakes his head unsure what the boy is talking about. "What?"

The target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. Due to the Auto-Raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.
In addition, due to the Jazz trapping, add +2 to Pace and increase Agility one die type for the duration of the power.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Spoon Fed Video Recap
Foes upstairs go first, the kids have the red joker. Then Hans and Humble, Last are the foes outside.
Hans: [dice]0[/dice]
Humble: [dice]1[/dice]
Bad Guys Group 1: [dice]2[/dice], [dice]3[/dice]
  • Corigin
    6 Bruts
Bad Guys Group 2: [dice]4[/dice], [dice]5[/dice], [dice]6[/dice]
  • The Master
    The Kids
Upstairs a baby wails and then grows abruptly silient. Jake scampers down the hallway into the room the other kids and well dressed “Master” ducked into. Over the shoulder he gives one last verbal remark flashing a goofy deadly grin, ” Don’t worry big guy, far bigger have fallen for far worse. If the Master lets me out again I’ll come by and play.” The breaking of glass comes echoing down the hallway followed closing with two flaming vials of liquid.
[dice]7[/dice] [dice]8[/dice]
One vial hits its mark near Humbles feet, the other hits a nearby door from which a muffled ”What was that?” is issued. Either way the purpose of the vials is clear, flames soon engulf major portions of the Hallway and a thick smoke rises into the air, a bit thicker than one would immidiatly expect is possible and the fire seems to blaze and spread more quickly than normal.

Outside the foes against Hans look into the air amazed by his airial acrobatics. The robed wizard Corigin snears, ” What does that all matter Dwarve? As we speak the Demon Queens forces march on these lands. Soon our Northern armies will cover this land in darkness and all will know our Queen’s love! Charr will be but the first to fall!”

Bill the barman now dressed in a green tunic and pants with bow in hand calls out the robbed Corigin, ” Not if the rangers have anything to say about that!”. He notches an arrow and aims the bow at Corrigin.

The lithe brute, an elven woman looks at the robbed wizard, ” Remember Corigin, we need to finish our job or Maleak will be angry!” Two of brutes holding onto the little theif kid seem to grip the kid even tighter at the mention of their true employer. The little Theif himself caught between two Brutes, can’t be more than 12 years old looks up at the Tavern rather concerned. His ears seemed to have picked up on the sound of breaking glass from the far side (not visible) upper level (Notice -4). He whispers, ”Coraline...”

Near the front door, Sammy gingerly crawls to his feet and pulls the knife out of his flank, ” Meow, that was just not kind. Ailbhe? Where you gone off to girl?” From inside Ailbhe gives a slight groan.

Ok, so still tactical. Humble is upstairs with some fire and some “assassins” trying to escape. Hans is outside the inn dealing with some “Brutes” and wizard trying to get a little theif kid. I am not 100% concerned about movement. If it sounds reasonable do it. Area effects: SBT: 2 foes, MBT 2+1d4, LBT 3+1d6 foes. Cone is LBT.

The foes upstairs already went. Now Players go. Foes outside go next.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Notice
Notice at -4 due Difficulty
  • Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Result: 0 - Fail
Smarts 3
Smarts at -4 to know about the Rangers (Ends up a d12-2 roll)
  • Smarts: [dice]11[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]12[/dice]
    Result: 3 - Fail.
Turn 1
Hans will use his Mithril Band of Healing again for Mass Healing to get Sammy and Ailbhe back up to full health, and will use Dreamtime to put some of the Brutes, Corigin, and the small thief to sleep with Greater Slumber
  • Mass Healing (-2 due Difficulty, +2 due Machine Maestro
    • TW: [dice]2[/dice]
      Result: 14 - Success with Raise(s). All friendlies within range (16") heal 2 wounds. 6 PPE.
      • Sammy and Ailbhe have healed a total of 4 wounds since combat began. That should bring them conscious and to full health, minus any Fatigue.
    Greater Slumber (+2 due Machine Maestro)
    • TW: [dice]4[/dice]
      Result: 8 - Success with Raise. 4 PPE.
      • Affects: [dice]7[/dice]
      • Any living creature (not undead or constructs) within the area must make a Spirit roll at -4. Those who fail fall asleep.
        • It takes a full round of active effort to awaken a victim of greater slumber; loud noises and the like aren’t enough.
      • Trapping - Temporal Thought. Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue.
Turn 2
Use Dreamtime again to Greater Slumber the rest of the opponents outside the door, and have a good look around for anything he may have missed due to being worried about combat
  • Greater Slumber (+2 due Machine Maestro)
    • TW: [dice]8[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]9[/dice]
      Result: 8- Success with Raise. 4 PPE.
      • Affects: [dice]10[/dice]
      • Any living creature (not undead or constructs) within the area must make a Spirit roll at -4. Those who fail fall asleep.
        It takes a full round of active effort to awaken a victim of greater slumber; loud noises and the like aren’t enough.
        Trapping - Temporal Thought. Smarts Roll on Hit or Fatigue.
The Rangers... never heard of them.

Funnelling more power through his Band of Healing, Hans again heals Ailbhe and Sammy, to what should have all of their physical wounds healed. After a couple adjustments to its settings, Hans focuses energy through Dreamtime and sends waves of trans-dimensional energy over the Wizard, the Thugs, and the Thief. Twice he sends the energy over them, hoping to put all of them into a state where their minds are off in other dimensions for a few minutes.

"Humble, Hans here. Looks like I got the thief and the reception party out front taken care of. How are things going upstairs?"
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Ignoring the fire Humble sees the man commanding the chidren and decides he is the problem. Putting his sword away he thinks perhaps Hans would want him alive. "These children are not enemies." Focusing his will, the tattoos on his face and kneck flare and suddenly Humble is next to the man.

Humble frowns as he says. "You are not very nice to these children." Then reaching out he grabs the man pinning him, one mighty hand over his mouth, the other wrapped around his torso.

Once he has a solid grip on the man's head Humble begins heading back to Hans.
A Bunch of Rolls
Turn 01" Moving through cramped quarters -1/2" so limited to 5", Teleporting
Activate Teleport
Stubborn [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Turn 02: Finish closing any needed distance and grappling.
Fighting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
The master with killer instinct: [dice]0[/dice] wild [dice]1[/dice] benny to reroll [dice]2[/dice] wild [dice]3[/dice] last benny [dice]4[/dice] wild [dice]5[/dice]
The master struggles in vain, ” Run! Tell her who has me! You will burn ogre, just like everyone in this wrteched inn!”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Notice 3/5 with smell, Smarts for Interrogation 2
Notice +2 with Smell
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Humble gives the man a solid shake when he hears the muffled voice coming from under his hand. "You can speak to Hans." He was feeling like he had made a really smart move with the guy by not killing him. Humble started thinking really hard for good questions to ask, but nothing at all came to mind. Maybe Hans would know how to question him and get good information from him.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Fire is the real threat! Outside the brutes and theif all fall down visiting other dimentional planes of unconsciousness. The 12 year old kid is muttering his his sleep, ”Coraline... Coraline...” Sammy and Ailbhe saunter over to Hans. Sammy’s nose twitches and he drawls,” Looks like you brought the dubs down Hans. Any idea who these pokes are? Say does anyone else smell something burning?” The barman turned ranger looks worriedly back into the Inn as cries for help can be barely heard coming from the top level(The smoke smell is apperent now)... Ailbhe calls to Hans, ” What is the play Hans?”

Upstairs, as humble drags away the “Master” the last thing he sees is a gang of youths feirce eyed wearing little more than patato sacks snear at Humble as they are all huddled arround a large broken window. Jake, the kid that had taunted Humble looks pained to see his master so easily taken. ” I will not forget this Ogre. Maelek will hear of it. I will not rest until Master is free!”
Then the kids disapear out the window and into the night leaving only an empty crib in the room and faint smell of poop.

Meanwhile the flames of the two vials spurn onward and soon cover at least half the hall way in a mater of moments. While they are meaningless to Humble, the struggling man he has gripped in his hands might find the burns distressing to say the least. Perhaps complicating things for the big guy cries for help from at least four rooms echo over the crackling of the deadly flames. The smoke and flames spread unnaturnally so. In a matter of moments the entire top floor will be covered in flames...

Questions for the heroes abound... Does Humble go through the flames burning the Master, who saves the innocent bystanders, and what do you do with the brutes lying in the muddy street, who are the rangers?

Lets just solve this by a dramatic task at -2. Use whatever skill or attribute you see fit. Smarts at -4 to be able to figure out water based solutions will have a opposite effect on the alchemical fire. Lets see what you can do against the orange pillar of delight (Yup, the actual name of the theives flame vials)!

5 total successes are needed to save the 4 families and inn from burning down.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Telekinesis Gadget Creation
Create Telekinesis Gadget - Techno-Wizard (+2 due Machine Maestro)
  • TW: [dice]3[/dice]
    Wild: [dice]4[/dice]
    Result: 12 - Success with Raises.
Dramatic Task 9
Techno-Wizardry (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due Task Difficulty)
  • TW: [dice]0[/dice]
    • Extra Effort: [dice]2[/dice] (Elan)
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise.
After quickly putting it together, Hans raises his Thermodynamically Harnessing Gravimetric Mental Force Redirector and points it at the inn, as the fires start to be visible from the outside. The walls, roof, and floors get supported by the weird blueish light that surrounds them. Where the fire hasn't already started on the wood, some frost starts to form as the light saps the heat from wherever it can. The fires dim and slow where the blue light spreads to, and oh so slowly, the flames started by the Orange Pillar of Delight start to shrink and eventually go out.

"Sammy and Ailbhe, please watch the prisoners. Keep them under our control until we figure out who we can trust with them, as well as until we can interrogate them. Humble and I will rescue everyone out of the inn. Unfortunately, it seems that the inn will have significant damage. It looks to be mostly structurally sound, but I will have to mentally hold it up until they can shore up a few weak spots."
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Vigor Roll 21
Vigor d12+2
Vigor [dice]0[/dice]
Vigor Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]

Extra effort 21 see bellow, it will not let me add dice code to this post
Looking around and seeing all the people endangered by the fire Humble tries to think of what the best thing to do is. Wasting few of the precious moments Humble decides he cannot leave the people to suffer and jumps to action. While still holding the villainous scoundrel he stars collecting the injured people. Ignoring the blows they rain down on him and the fire that lick away at him.

As Humble opens each door he sees the people inside giving them what he thinks is a gentle push to get them going and overcome their fear Humble keeps his body between himself and the people. Then closing the doors behind him to keep the fire from spreading Humble is frustrated when opening the third door he sees a man who appears panicked and unwilling to move. “Let’s go you must move.”

But the man remained in place only stammering. “Not again, not again, not again.” his mantra not ending. Humble had seen men suffering from trauma before and considered letting him die to help cull the weaknesses from the human clan. But he knew the humans did not do such things. Instead he decided to lift the man to his shoulder as the man appeared to be frozen not responding to the lifting.

Finally after getting the people all out Humble hears something like a crying or screaming from upstairs. Turning to look he saw nothing, but Humble knows his vision is not so well, and the smoke was interrupting his sense of smell. “There is more inside?.” He says as he heads into the building. The roar of the fire to loud for him to hear the people shouting that there is no one else left in the building...
OOC Comments
There is an anomaly where old buildings sometimes sound like crying children when they burn because of the water evaporating. Humble would not know of this anomaly, so he will keep looking for people.
Current Status
Current Status
Parry: 9* (Normal Sized attackers receive +2 to hit Humble)
Toughness: 28 (8)
PPE: 10/15
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 0/0

Bennies: 3

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Extra effort for above post
Extra effort [dice]0[/dice] + [dice]1[/dice]

As High Command posted that last post on my behalf it will not let me roll the Extra Effort needed.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Part 1.5: Banished to Shain

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Stumbled into a Prophesy People and most of the Inn/tavern saved draws a hasty sigh of relif from the old inn keeper revealed ranger Bill. With his inn and customers more or less intact he clutches his bow looking outside with a steady gaze carefully eyed at the sky. From his lips he whispers shocked, ”The Equinox!” A cat, a woman with a face of thorns, a Dwarve in god armor, and the orgre paragon reborn. The four harbrigers arise during the moon lit night of the equinox... Demon queen’s hand stretches forth a plague in the city that they became known. Friend turned foe, turned into a thing of meandering evil. The purple mist consumes those of age. She comes for the girl baby with golden hair and eyes like a cat.

Sammy cries out his body a flurry of fluid motion drawing his pistol while his green glowing necklase giggles softly. ” Hans, Alkazlter watch out.” Blamno, Blamo, Blamo, Blamo... Four shots ring out taking down ash faced city gaurdmen. One shot in the head each. They had been trying to grab Ailbhe and or Hans with arms outstreatched muttering Brains!! Down the street a purple mist arises!

Bill the tavern keep yells, ” Hurry get everyone inside and if we must down to the cellar, the mist will turn you into a ——-“ His voice catches as from the Drawven Trading post far down the way, its doors swing wide open with a heavy chorus of dwarven accented Brains!!

The theif kid stirs his arm outstretched asking desperatly for help, ” My sister, My sister...”. He struggles to get up, but it seems his strength has been sapped. Something awoke him, something that neither Hans nor Humble saw. The brutes and wizard Corrigon lay silient, sleeping peacefully and easy targets for anything seeking to do ill if left outside.
Meanwhile...
Jack and his kid theives clutch a golden haired baby girl in hand tossing her too and fro like a football as they race away from the Inn. They duck into the purple billowing mist sweeping through the city paying it no mind. A few shamblers start for them but the kids just laugh and easily evade there would be demise. Jack a bit pissed off that the master is not with them stops handing the baby girl over to friend. ” Stephan, get this girl over to the pointy ears. She will finally pay us, and pay us well. I am going to get Master back.”

Do what you will, shore up the tavern or go into the cellar. Leave the Brutes and theif outside to their fate... Or if you feel real ballsy head into the city in search of the the theif kids... The mist and zombies come for you! 8-)
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

"Humble, Ailbhe, and Sammy... get everyone to get all the prisoners onto those two wagons and then get on themselves. Once we have them loaded, Humble and I will start pulling them. I am just going to get a couple things ready as a precaution."

With that, Hans uses his Chrono-Accelerator on himself so he can quickly make a Group Mind Re-Integrator and a Gravimetric Force Redirector before moving into place to start pulling the second cart.
Turn 1
Use Chrono-Accelerator (Exalted Quickness) and create Group Mind Re-Integrator (Boost Trait Gadget)
  • Exalted Quickness (TW at +2 due Machine Maestro)
    • TW: [dice]5[/dice]
      • Ace: [dice]7[/dice]
      Result: 13 - Success with Raises. 9 PPE. This power grants incredible swiftness to the recipient. With success the target has two separate turns per round on his action card instead of the usual one. Each turn is handled independently with its own actions, but the character must resolve one turn entirely before beginning the second. Due to the Auto-Raise, the recipient can redraw any initiative cards lower than Eight each round.
      In addition to the two complete turns the character gains with quickness, he may ignore up to two points of multi-action penalties on each of those turns.
    Group Mind Re-Integrator - Boost Trait Gadget (TW at +1... due Machine Maestro)
      Result: 6 - Success. 20 PPE Gadget.
Turn 2
Put away Greater Quickness Gimzo (No Sustaining) and create Gravimetric Mental Force Redirector (Telekinesis Gadget)
  • TW:[dice]2[/dice]
    • Ace: [dice]4[/dice]
    Result: 12 - Success with Raise(s). 25 PPE Gadget.
Sammy's Persuasion 9
Persuasion: [dice]8[/dice]
  • Ace: [dice]10[/dice]
Wild: [dice]9[/dice]
Result: 9
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Sammy growls politely, ” If it pleases you dubs to scurry in like a can of sardines I would suggest we take that course.” He gestures towards the wagon and clicks his toungue at the billowimg high purple mist, ” Meow that does not seem right. Everyone best get in the flea ridden wagon.”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble hears the boys concerns for his sister and Hans's orders to prepare people for the wagon. Knowing that the people here needed saving before he looked for another Humble says. "I will help. But first we live."

He then sets out to get people moving, but when their general disorder begins to annoy him he lets out a line from his favorite giant from the holo-vids he had seen. "Everybody Moove!" The last word drug out a little long sounding more like moon than move.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

A resounding, ” Yes lord Humble,” comes from most of the folks at the inn. Most of the folks either get into the wagons or help get the would be assailants in. The purple billowing fog comes rushing in faster and soon all but engulfs and surrounds the inn. The shuffled moans and horrified cries from civilians echo through the twisted night. The sharp eyed Ranger as he climbs into the wagon cries pointing to the dwarven mountains in the distance, ”There was was that!”
Notice check
Atop one of the far off peaks of the dwarven ancestral home a purple glow gives clue to where this horrible power is coming from.
Just as the heroes get ready to move they catch sight of a group of children nearby fleeing from shuffling zombies, ”Wait! Take us with you! Wait!!”. Several of the kids stumble and a few get grabbed from behind by shambling horrors. brains!! Ailbhe shakes her head realizing if they do try and help it would just make getting out of this purple mist that much harder.

Sammy yells, ” Avalanche we can’t leave those tykes! Meow, we got to do somethin—- Akk you varmit!”

To make matters worse a pair of theives leap onto each cart bent on freeing the brutes and “Master”. Humble recocognizes Jake from before and the three other are also young teenage boys. ”Bobby, Alex, Stork, get the brutes... I’ll get Master and deal with this lumbering oaf.” Sammy and Ailbhe spring into action each tusling with one theif each. With the tusling in the back of each cart it just means moving the wagons and keeping all the folks in them that much more difficult.

The rest of the civilians try to stop the theives from freeing and waking the brutes but they seem ill prepared to repel them and in fact seem just as likely to stop them as fall over the sides of the wagon. Bill tumbles to the side of the wagon, half way in and out, ”Damnit Jake, he ain’t your master. Your just brain washed kid!”

Giving the heroes a bit of hope is a faint crackling sound over their radios, ”Black Beauty to Hans and Humble come in... Black Beauty to Hans and Humble come in... Ahhh Dragons??? Hans, Humble do you read me?”

Ok so assuming you are just not going to leave the children to their fate, Dramatic task!

Step 1) Dramatic Action: Select your skill roll ( I am fine with really any, but Str seems most appropriate for pulling or carying the carts)- This is an action and made at -4. If you are just trying to get yourself out without care for the civilians getting caught by the fog you can make the roll at +2 instead of -4. 5 successes are needed as a group to get out, each success and raise give a success, however each player must get 1 success. Getting less than 5 or not getting a single success will result in either the group or individual player getting caught in this rising purple plume fog... Game over :o
  • Other actions are possible, just apply MAP. Remember short of Quickness or Split the seconds a repeat action is not allowed.
    Step 2) Narrate your result based on your roll.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Strength 21 = 5 success for cart, plus Fighting to keep kids from getting Master? Need to know if 8 is good enough?
Armored Strength d12+6, Scene Penalty -4, MAP -2, going to use Fighting to stop them from Freeing the guys.
Dramatic Task
Strength [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Die [dice]1[/dice]
  • Benny to Reroll
    Strength [dice]4[/dice] Ace [dice]6[/dice]
    Wild Die [dice]5[/dice] Doubled!!! [dice]7[/dice]
Is their a target for fighting? Do I need to Benny this or is it good enough?
Fighting [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Looking over at the children and back to the rucus on the wagon Humble is annoyed. Things are too serious for them to be screwing around now. "Hans save children." Humble pleas as he himself tries to keep the wagon moving while defending himself from the insanity of the younglings attacking.

He reaches out with his spare hand and grabs the master lifting him into the air like a toy being kept from the rebellious children while he continues to pull the wagon with the other. Humble had no fear for Sammy, the cat was amazing and had telekinesis even stronger than Humble's muscles.

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Turn 1
Strength to Push the Cart, and TW for Telekinesis to lift the kids onto the carts
  • Strength (-4 due Scene)
    Strength: [dice]0[/dice]
    Result: 9 - Success with Raise
Telekinesis (TW at -2... -4 due Scene, +2 for Machine Maestro
    Result: 5 - Success.
Turn 2
Strength to Push the Cart, and TW for Telekinesis to lift the kids onto the carts
Strength (-4 due Scene)
  • Strength: [dice]5[/dice]
    Result: 7 - Success
Telekinesis (TW at -2... -4 due Scene, +2 for Machine Maestro
TW: [dice]7[/dice]
Wild: [dice]8[/dice]
  • Ace: [dice]9[/dice]
Result: 5 - Success.
Total Results
3 Strength, 2 Telekinesis.
While pushing the cart with his shoulder and using one hand to stabilize it, Hans uses his Gravimetric Mental Force Redirector to lift the kids away from the zombies and onto the carts. Thanks to the time dilation he experienced from his Chrono-Accellerator, Hans was able to push the wagon and still be effective telekinetically rescueing the kids.

"Black Beauty, this is Hans. Humble is with me. Glad you are safe. We have some civilians here that need an evac out of here... WAIT a second! What did you say about Dragons?!?"
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The old ranger Bill now back in the cart points to a stone arch way that passes by the backside of the inn. ”Master Hans and Humble the old Ranger causeway! During the last war it is said even the sulfer stench of the demons could not penatrate its magically enhanced arch way!” Bill is right the arches seem to form a bit of a tunnel that while not enviormentally sealed are in some way enhanced magically to protect the people underneath them. The tunnel is wide enough for one cart and leads the heroes and their charges to a small grove of trees outside the north end of the city.

Black Beauty comes onto the comms again, ” Hans and Humble, I detect your egress out of the city... There is a clearing just north of you... I regret to inform you that I was deposited some distance away from your location and may have innavertently made some... Argghh, Dragons!! Kshhhhhh...” The radio transmission is knocked out but the clearing is easily identified and would make sense for a craft like hers to land.

The north side of the city also seems to have a warf with three ships masts raised. One of the passengers a gnarled old man with a peg leg who used it aptly to subdue the theif Jack in humbles cart points to the ships their main sails glistening in the moon light air, ”Arrr, to the ships we must be and set sail of the shores of Grouf. The sister city of Char would be safe.”
Common KN
Yeah Grouf is a city of theives and a den of despots.
The young boy and initial theif looks back to Charr and jumps out of the cart, ” You saw how those kids older than I were unaffected by the mist... I am going back into Charr! I have to save my baby sister!!” Sammy meows at the kid’s gumption and shrugs while pinning the would be theif attacker in Hans’ cart with a telekinetic cat claw.

Bill tries in vain to grab the kid before he gets too far and calls, ”Jacob, now is not the time to head back... We need a safe place and we need to investigate the torch light I saw on the peaks of Dumdrengi.” Ranger Bill points to the tallest peak in the nearby mountain range: Demon Mountain. If there was torch light it is gone now. ”We need to head that way, if we leave now we can make it to the the Witchwell inn at the base and hopefully catch the mountain dwarves before they leave for the Paragon Festival... They may have seen something up in the peaks.”

The purple mist seems content to hover and waft just within the city limits and there seems several places the heroes can take their charges... Ailbhe seems to voice there baited breath slightly annoyed at Sammy’s nonchalantness, ” Despite Sammy’s shrug... Where to Hans and Humble?”

The sounds of brigands in the darkness can be heard from outside the groves of trees. Someone in the distance calls, ”I tell you, I heard something from over there!!” Thirty some odd footfalls approach and will be ontop of you in less than 20 seconds.

Ailbhe sighs, ”Great... Looks like we got to move anyway... No way we can gaurantee everyone’s saftey. We need to get some place to regroup and plan.”
So there are several ways we can go at this point to regroup... Choose one or choose another.

Please make a notice check.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Humble shakes his head at the words coming from Black Beauty. “When did dragon come to Shaintar?” This news is frustrating to Humble as he considers it may mean he cannot save everyone. Humbles hates failure almost as much as he hates quitting.

This is enough to charge his steps as Humble immediately heads off through the archway the ranger suggested. “When get to ship everyone run on. Dragons kill me everytime we fight.”

When the kid tries to run off Humble figures he is old enough to fight, he is old enough to chose his destiny. But seeing him stopped humble is satisfied to see the thief gets to live.

When the team is presented with so many options Humble thinks things are too confusing for him to follow all of it. He knew his mind is growing stronger, but there is still a lot of information going on. Heading to the ship so they can have time to plan stuff out Humble offers his view. “I want to save children.”

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Notice 8
Notice: [dice]0[/dice]
Result: 8
Common Knowledge 12
Smarts: [dice]2[/dice]
Result: 12 - Success with 2 Raises.
"Well, I say we all go to the clearing to the North and load up on Black Beauty. Humble and I will meet the ship in the middle of the clearing... just in case there are Dragons chasing her. Sammy, Ailbhe… you two keep with our charges and our prisoners until the clearing is deemed safe, then we load everyone onto the ship. At that point, I say we fly at a safe height over Charr and I will load up our ship as much as possible with any children and other non-zombies that we can using my Gravimetric Mental Force Redirector. I will make a second if needed. Then my vote is to go up into the peaks of Dumdrengi and meet up with the Dwarfs at the Witchwell inn. I am leery about bringing in all of our powerful technology into a place of rogues like Grouf… nevermind if one of the rulers got it into their mind to make a coordinated effort to try to take it from us."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Sammy however shrugs again and jumps off giving Ailbhe a peck on the cheek and he and the kid (initial theif) held by his claw disapear back into the swirling purple fog of Charr looking for his baby sister.

”Sorry, Ailbhe... I have a sister too! Besides I saw plenty of dogs and cats unaffected by the fog. We will catch up.”

Bill and everyone else hang on as the carts are pulled to the North clearing.

The moon is high over head and the clearning in the North is quickly gained. The great flying ship swerving over head draws murmers from the folks traveling with Hans and Humble. Bill gasps, ”A Silvered Demon Lord!”. A woman from the inn whispers, ”No a celestial chariot just like the prophesy fortells!” A great series of roars from behind the ship draw everyone’s attention. 4 red winged dragons whose faces seem torn and distorted into demonic vestigaes of Hans and Humble’s old foe: The black cat demon!

A few of the captured rouges scream in fright yelling, ”Demon Lords! Demon Lords!!” A blast of dark fire from one of the dragons hits the ship in its aft engines and it appears to be heading in for a crash landing!
Kn Arcana
Not exactly the demon itself and not exactly dragons. More like spectors of the origional imbued with part of its life force! With a kn history at -8, the Dragon Kings from Free Hold were able to do something very similiar during the Tolkien War.
Ailbhe gathers the folks near the carts at the edge of the clearing and nods to Hans and Humble. Her hands are tying well anchorded knots with rope arround all the brigandes the team had captured. ”Hans, Humble... I got these folks...”. Her head whips arround looking the way they had come. ” I think we might have been followed by some more Brigands.”

Bill takes out his bow and stands next to Ailbhe, ” They will be sorry they came this way.” Ailbhe takes out a laser pistol and nods, ”Indeed! Go Hans and Humble deal with those dragons and save our ride out of here, we got this!”

Tactical combat!
Initiative: ( I am going to try a slightly new way... I roll a 1d54, joker on 54, 53. Order goes from top to bottom) One thing I am thinking of are duplicates just become agility roll offs.
So order is: Hans, Humble, Demon Dragons, Black Beauty crash lands at the end of the round.
Hans: [dice]0[/dice]
Humble: [dice]1[/dice]
Demon Dragon: [dice]2[/dice] Cha: 0; Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness: 35 (16), a few other things...

Hans and Humble you guys are up.
Attachments
0CA27AF5-54D3-4331-B9CC-E61CCBF95571.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Success
Use his Structural Integrity Field (Greater Armor), Group Mind Re-Integrator (Greater Boost Trait - Spirit), and Gravametric Mental Force Redirector (Exalted Telekinesis)
  • Greater Boost Trait - Spirit on Hans (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due MaP)
      Result: 9 - Success with Raise - Spirit +4 Dice -> d12+6. 4 PPE.
    Exalted Telekinesis (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due MaP)
      Extra Effort: [dice]4[/dice] (Elan)
      • Ace: [dice]5[/dice]
      Result: 18 - Success with Raise(s). Able to lift up to 10 Tons - Enough for the 8 Tons required to lift Black Beauty. 10 PPE.
    Greater Armor (-2 due MaP, +2 due Machine Maestro)
    • TW: [dice]6[/dice]
      Wild: [dice]7[/dice]
      Extra Effort: [dice]8[/dice] (Elan)
      Result: 11 - Success with Raise. +10 MDC. 6 PPE.
Using both his Gravimetric Mental Force Redirector and his Group Mind Re-Integrator to good effect, Hans is able to mentally catch Black Beauty before she plows into the very solid earth, with just inches to spare.

"I got you, Black Beauty. Humble, take care of those Dragons. Once I set her down safely, I will help you with them. Sammy take care of yourself, and continue to monitor your comms. Ailbhe, Thanks for taking care of the Bandits. We can carry almost 2 dozen comfortably, and more if we just cram them in."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Not wanting to waste a minute Humble immediately jumps into action following his orders. Recharging his armor, drawing out the great NG-B50 Thunderer Combat Hammer he concentrates for a moment and finds himself on top of the Dragon closest to Black Beauty. “Flee now dragons!” he roars as he lands smashing the hammer down on the giant beast.
Teleport 5, Fighting 21, Damage 38 mega damage
Cast Teleport (Counts as movement action)
Stubbornness = 1d6 -2 for drawing weapon and attacking MAP.
Stubbornness [dice]0[/dice]
Wild die [dice]1[/dice]
  • REROLL
    Stubbornness [dice]4[/dice]
    Wild die [dice]5[/dice] Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Smashing Dragon in the Head
Fighting 1d12, +2 Size, -2 MAP, +2 Wild Attach
Fighting [dice]2[/dice] Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Damage: [dice]8[/dice] +2 [dice]9[/dice] + [dice]10[/dice] + Raise [dice]11[/dice]
  • Benny to reroll

Damage: [dice]12[/dice] +2 [dice]13[/dice] + [dice]14[/dice] + Raise [dice]15[/dice]

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Humbles Rolls and damage 3 wounds
Dragons are large, -2 to hit +2 to be hit.
Dragon(Dr4) in melee with Humble. Spirit to unshake: [dice]0[/dice] fighting vs humble wild gangup [dice]2[/dice] benny ef [dice]6[/dice] I beleive with a raise since humble wild attacked. [dice]9[/dice] [dice]10[/dice] ace [dice]12[/dice] [dice]11[/dice]-3 wounds

Dr1-surround Humble fighting [dice]3[/dice]
Dr2-surround Humble fighting [dice]4[/dice]
Humble the Legend quickly finds himself surrounded by three demon dragons. While their red scaled bodies are unfamiliar to Humble the distorted face on each is clearly of a foe Humble has faced over the melennia: The Black Cat Demon! The demon whispers each voice all together giving Humble a surround sound experience as they swarm him. ”Green Giant of ill tidings... I must board that ship and find a way back! I need to rejoin with my greater self!! Give me the ship!”
Tooth, nail and tail strike out at Humble who is on one of the dragons... The tail strikes with deadly accuracy.
Hans and Damage 2 wounds
Dr3 move closer to ship dive and flame shoot HANS) [dice]1[/dice] benny ef with elan [dice]5[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice] demon dark flame [dice]8[/dice] bypasses armor but add half spirit to toughness. 2 wounds
Hans the true nature of the amalgamation of black cat demon and dragon hatchling is revealed. One dragon flies past the ship blowing dark demon purple fire at Hans!!! The flames and fire pass through anything solid impacting on Hans’ Body and Soul! The demon dragon seems to know Hans on some level... ”Technowizard! Release the Ship, it is my way back! I must return!”

From the north a chittering sound comes from maybe 10” away. Something is in the forrest... Something large and boney approaches.
Both players need to make notice roll at -2 from Cover of the forrest or be subject to the drop...

Black beauty does not crash and is instead set down near the villagers. Its obvious Black Beauty’s transmitter is damaged but the bay doors seem to be under going its opening procedures. Ailbhe and Bill are shooting wildly into the forest keeping some 20 brigands at bay for now... Sammy drops unexpectedly from a tree onto the edge of black beauty he has the little theif kid and his baby sister in Telekenetic hand. ”Meow, Avalanche it might be a good time to get out of here. Hansy and Humbles you guys done playing?” He draws a pistol and helps Ailbhe take out two brigands with a series of rapid shots.

Round 2... There it is, Humble, Hans, Dragons, Unknown thing.
—-All Players need to make a notice roll-2 to really have any idea of what is approaching from the North.
Humble [dice]14[/dice] Took 3 wounds from last turn, (Must make an agility or str -2 check at the beggining of your turn or fall 6”)
Hans [dice]13[/dice] Took 2 wounds from last turn.
Black Cat Dragons [dice]15[/dice]
Unknown thing [dice]16[/dice]Reroll [dice]17[/dice]
Allies, Brigands and Ship go at the end of the round more or less as directed by the heroes.
Attachments
25B3B935-C3E4-45B1-8274-6BCDBB3AE2AD.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Soak 8
Soaking of the 2 Wounds (+2 due Elan)
  • Vigor: [dice:1vjndq9s]42004:0[/dice:1vjndq9s]
    Wild: [dice:1vjndq9s]42004:1[/dice:1vjndq9s]
    Result: 8 - Soaked the 2 Wounds.
That stung. Good thing us Dwarves are as tough as the very mountains.
Notice 2
Notice: [dice:1vjndq9s]42004:5[/dice:1vjndq9s]
Wild: [dice:1vjndq9s]42004:6[/dice:1vjndq9s]
Result: 2 (After -2 Penalty)
Rolls
Letting the Gravimetric Mental Force Redirector drop back to the harness, drawing Dreamtime and using it for Greater Slumber on the group of 3 Dragons AFTER Humble leaves the area
  • Techno-Wizard (+2 due Machine Maestro, -2 due MaP
    • TW: [dice:1vjndq9s]42004:2[/dice:1vjndq9s]
      Wild: [dice:1vjndq9s]42004:3[/dice:1vjndq9s]
      • Extra Effort: [dice:1vjndq9s]42004:4[/dice:1vjndq9s] (Elan)
      Result: 12 - Success with Raise. Spirit Roll at -4 or Asleep. Smarts Roll or Fatigue. Takes a FULL ROUND of action to awaken. 5 PPE
Letting his Gravimetric Mental Force Redirector drop back down to his harness, Hans draws Dreamtime and waits for Humble to get off of the Dragon before he focuses magical energy through Dreamtime to put the 3 Dragons who were bunched up around Humble into a catatonic state of visiting their alternate selves.

"Everybody load into the ship. Humble and I will be rear guard until everyone else is aboard."

"Black Beauty, thanks for allowing these people on board. You are their best chance of being safe. If possible, help the Cat and his friend keep the bandits away. Keep your scanners and weapons ready. I can't help but feel like there will be something else attacking."

"Humble, you and I will be the last ones aboard. If needed, I can carry you and fly us up to the ship if it isn't going too fast."
Last edited by Hans Greuber on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

OOC Comments
Notice d4+2, -3 Wounds, No bennies to soak.
Notice [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:0[/dice:3rkzs86q]
Wild [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:1[/dice:3rkzs86q]

Vigor Roll for Regeneration
d12+2, +2 Fat Healer, -3 Wounds
Vigor [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:2[/dice:3rkzs86q]
Wild [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:3[/dice:3rkzs86q]
Recovered 2 Wounds!

Vigor to Unshake
Vigor [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:4[/dice:3rkzs86q]
Wild [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:5[/dice:3rkzs86q]

Strength -2 to keep from falling
Strength d12+5, -1 Wound, -2 modifier
Strength [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:6[/dice:3rkzs86q]
Wild [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:7[/dice:3rkzs86q]

Teleport d6
Stubbornness [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:8[/dice:3rkzs86q]
Wild [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:9[/dice:3rkzs86q]

Grows 3 steps and goes berserk
Seeing one of the dragons break away heading for the civilians Humble knows what he must do. Concentrating for a moment he teleports on top of the dragon. Landing with a smash on the puny thing hitting it with his hammer as hard as he can.

Only when done does he realize he is still on the same dragon and leeps from is back heading towards the lone dragon.

To hit 10, Damage 36 MD
Fighting d12, Wild +2, Berserk +2, Size +0 MAP-2
Fighting [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:10[/dice:3rkzs86q]
Wild [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:11[/dice:3rkzs86q]

Hit,
Damage [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:12[/dice:3rkzs86q] +2 +2 + [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:13[/dice:3rkzs86q] + [dice:3rkzs86q]42358:14[/dice:3rkzs86q]

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Dragon 1 [dice:1cam5jgw]42392:0[/dice:1cam5jgw]
Dragon 2 [dice:1cam5jgw]42392:1[/dice:1cam5jgw]
Dragon 3 [dice:1cam5jgw]42392:2[/dice:1cam5jgw]
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Falling with amazing style Humble lands with a skilled roll he comes up weapons still gripped in hand as the dragons flail unable to land a parting blow.
OOC Comments
Agility [dice:2xycrqqq]42395:0[/dice:2xycrqqq]
Wild [dice:2xycrqqq]42395:1[/dice:2xycrqqq]

Damage [dice:2xycrqqq]42395:2[/dice:2xycrqqq] Ace [dice:2xycrqqq]42395:3[/dice:2xycrqqq]

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The remaining blackcat demon enfused dragon backs away from Hans and Humble warrily. Its almost as if it knows it is no match for the 2 of them whilest his fellow dragon aspects are slumbering. At the urging of Sammy and Ailbhe the towns folks, and briganders rush into halfhazardly into Black Beauty. Folks are tripping all over other folks but eventually Bill the ranger barman corals them into the ship, ” It ain’t a horse or carriage but a winged silver dragon! A sky chariot that the prohesy fortold! Get aboard, Get Aboard!” Strewn wires and leaking atmosphere greet the heroes as they board.

Sammy even remarks, ”Meow this bucket of bolts might have seen better days no?”

Once aboard Black Beauty the AI’s sultry voice comes over the comms, ”G-g-greetings Hans and Humble... Scanners are picking a familiar energy signature. R-r-reminecent of the Rifts on Earth to the west just out side some kind of mountain t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-town?” The way BB ended her sentance was a bit odd and the reason soon became clear.

A siren wails as the doors to the craft shut. A red flashing light goes off throughout the ship, ” Warning.... Warning... Energy levels depleted... Warning... Energy levels will fail in 15 seconds... Warning... Altitude controls failing, switching manual... M-M-Manual cannot engage!! Hans... Humble... Power levels are d-d-dropping... Manual piloting has b-b-b-been disabled. W-w-weapons are s-s-s-till charged, b-b-b-but the dragons attacks h-h-h-have proven remarkably e-e-effective. Something is blocking pilot control...A-a-are we fighting or l-l-l-leaving? It would seem the energy signature corisponds with the Witchwell Inn Bill had previously mentioned. Indeed it apears the manual control pilot seat has had a ton of rumble crush it. Only someone with mighty like strength will be able to clear the way.

The folks from the hold get situated with the ship often marveling at the metallic creature they seem to be inside. Sammy and Ailbhe do their best to get folks into harnesses, but some folks are bleeding from arrow made injuries. Sammy remarks, ”Meow, I ain’t a doctor I am a slinger. Ailbhe you bring your RMSS kit? No? Meow, Hans, Humble we got a few folks that are gonna need a doctor!”
Kn Computers
. You can retrive data on the ships fight against the dragons. It appears their attacks have consistantly bypassed the hull of the ship causing havok on secondary and primary systems internally, while at the same time draining almost all its PPE reserves.
Player Directions: BB needs some PPE via an arcane skill roll, a strength check at -4, and a piloting roll at -2. 3 people need healing in the hold. Feel free to set a course and post a reaction.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Humble
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Humble »

Shakes off Berserk, Regenerates all remaining wounds
Smarts to Un-Berserk
Smarts [dice:2o7763gj]42802:0[/dice:2o7763gj] Ace [dice:2o7763gj]42802:2[/dice:2o7763gj]
Wild Die [dice:2o7763gj]42802:1[/dice:2o7763gj]

Regeneration
Vigor [dice:2o7763gj]42802:3[/dice:2o7763gj]
Wild [dice:2o7763gj]42802:4[/dice:2o7763gj] Ace [dice:2o7763gj]42802:5[/dice:2o7763gj]
Humble sees the ruble and damage in the shuttle and goes to work. Grabbing as much as he can Humble heads out and starts collecting the rubble moving it and throwing it from the hatch. Knowing many hands make light work Humble shouts for the others to get to work helping. "Come on people, MOVE"

Strength Roll for Scene total = 8, Roll to feed the ship PPE 7
Unsure if their are modifiers so making a Straight Roll.
Never Mind Strength was -4 so total roll 8

Strength [dice:2o7763gj]42802:6[/dice:2o7763gj]
Wild [dice:2o7763gj]42802:7[/dice:2o7763gj]

Stubborn Roll to feed power into the crystal
Stubborn [dice:2o7763gj]42802:8[/dice:2o7763gj]
Wild [dice:2o7763gj]42802:9[/dice:2o7763gj] Ace [dice:2o7763gj]42802:10[/dice:2o7763gj]

Humble
Bennies and Resources

Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Greater Healing 18
Mass Healing via Mithril Band of Healing (+4 due Machine Maestro, -2 due Difficulty)
  • TW: [dice:2t3xabqd]42829:0[/dice:2t3xabqd]
    • Ace: [dice:2t3xabqd]42829:6[/dice:2t3xabqd]
    Wild: [dice:2t3xabqd]42829:1[/dice:2t3xabqd]
    Result: 18 - All Friendly Characters within 20" Heal 2 Wounds, and are cured of Poison and Disease (Each requiring 1 of the Wounds potentially Healed). 10 PPE.
Knowledge Computers 7
Knowledge Computers at +4 via Machine Maestro
  • Knowledge: [dice:2t3xabqd]42829:2[/dice:2t3xabqd]
    Wild: [dice:2t3xabqd]42829:3[/dice:2t3xabqd]
    Result: 7 - Success. Knowledge Gained.
Piloting 7
Piloting at +2 (-2 due Difficulty, +4 due Machine Maestro)
  • Piloting: [dice:2t3xabqd]42829:4[/dice:2t3xabqd]
    Wild: [dice:2t3xabqd]42829:5[/dice:2t3xabqd]
    Result: 7 - Success. We don't crash...yet... :P
Concentrating on his Mithril Band of Healing, Hans sends out tendrils of white light to his friends and all of the villagers injured during the attack.

"Everyone should be good now. Magic to the rescue. Sammy and Ailbhe, please focus any PPE or ISP that you are able to spare into Black Beauty here so she can fly us away. I am basically running on empty after that latest Mass Healing on everyone. I think that we should go to the source of the interdimensional energy that she detected off in the mountains. Everyone buckle in... make that Sammy and Ailbhe help everyone get secured."

Unless someone comes up with a good reason not to, Hans sits in the newly cleared off pilot's seat, and after making sure everyone is aboard, he takes to the skies, making his way to the "Witchwell Inn" in the mountain town. As he is flying, he diverts some of his attention to looking through Black Beauty's sensor information to find out what happened to her... and possibly how to help her against their breath in the future.
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*
    Dewey
    Louis
    Alvin*
    Simon
    Theodore
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The ship lands pretty easily in a clearing outside the town of Hispain. It is a moderate sized dwarven town that backups against the dwarven kingdom mountain range. The inn is just up a path that continues further into the mountain range.

Bill the ranger points to it, ” Careful now Hans and Humble, some say briganders lay in epwait up the road. Tales of 4-armed titans with magic bolts of energy are not uncommon.”

Sammy lets out a yawn, ” Meow, Hans and Humble you guys go check it out. Alkazelzer and I can see to the ship and its passangers.” Sammy eyes some of the brigands still tied up.

Bill chimes in, ” Aye the constable at Hispain will pay a fine bounty for folks like these.” He gestures to hog tied brigands and wizard already captured.

Player directions post your story getting to the inn. It is nestled on a cliff nearby several dug out minning tunnles. Head here to make your grand entrance. viewtopic.php?f=176&t=3000#p41905
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Hans Greuber
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Hans Greuber »

Repair 16
Repairing Black Beauty (-2 due Difficulty, +4 due Machine Maestro, +2 due Mr. Fixit, +2 due Tools = +6)
Repair: [dice:1czp7gtl]43799:0[/dice:1czp7gtl]
Wild: [dice:1czp7gtl]43799:1[/dice:1czp7gtl]
Result: 16 - Success with Raise(s). Repaired in 1/2 the normal time.
With his knowledge of Techno-Wizard devices and of repair in general, Hans quickly brings Black Beauty up to normal operational conditions.

Now how could I protect her from those Demonic Dragon's breath next time...

Before I spend too much time thinking on that, I need to prepare a few Gadgets in case we encounter those Demonic Dragons again.
Building Gadgets
Trans-Dimensional Photonic Weapon Infuser (Smite Gadget - Holy) - +2 due Machine Maestro
  • TW: [dice:1czp7gtl]43799:2[/dice:1czp7gtl]
    Wild: [dice:1czp7gtl]43799:3[/dice:1czp7gtl]
    Result: 7 - Smite (Holy) Gadget with 20 PPE. This is given to Humble.
Alternate Self Infuser (Boost/Lower Trait Gadget (Transdimensional Trapping, no Rule Effect)
  • TW: [dice:1czp7gtl]43799:4[/dice:1czp7gtl]
    Wild: [dice:1czp7gtl]43799:5[/dice:1czp7gtl]
    Result: 9 - Boost/Lower Trait Gadget with 25 PPE.
"Now, Humble... this Gadget here will infuse a weapon of your choice with Magical Energy that some would refer to as Holy. You GENTLY push the Big Red Button and Concentrate on the weapon you want infused while you are touching it. It will last as for a few about half a minute if you don't continue to hold this item and concentrate on it. If you do hold onto it and concentrate, it can last a total of a couple minutes. You can stop the effect by stop concentrating on the Gadget. Here... let me put this string holding it around your neck. It will extend and retract if you pull GENTLY on it."
Hans Greuber

Active Powers:
None
Combat Edges/Hindrances:
Hesitant
Created Gadgets:
Teleport (4 PPE left)
Dispel (9 PPE left)

Base Amount
+1 Zombie Bennie

Golems:

Hans:
  • Gargamel*#
    Huey*