X Marks the Spot

Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: X Marks the Spot

Post by Joseph Cook »

Joseph shakes his head, gently removing the weapons from the cybernetic woman and setting them away from the rest of the loot. He glanced at the amassed pile of weapons, then back out to where the Brodkil lay. "I assume we secured a perimeter before we started making an inventory of the new toys? No?" He shakes his head again, standing apart from the reuinted caravan, eyes alert for any more danger coming their way.
Last edited by Joseph Cook on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gill

Post by Gill »

Gill hears of the unconscious woman. "Woman? I would like to see about helping her first. Then I can help Everett."

Unless someone interferes Gill will go and see what he can do to aid the woman mentioned only as tied up in the back of the trailer. This sounds like asituation that could only be made better by change.

Seeing she is a prisoner of the legion rather than someone needing recued Gill does not interfere. Instead choosing to go and restore Everette's wounds.
OOC Comments
Not sure if Gill can heal the cyborg
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck

Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero waits on everyone else and does some further scouting and such survival type things into the foliage around the drop point. Between hsi ability to detect arcane and his natural tracking abilities, Xero will try and determine where is possible the brodkil came on the drop point and if they have a hideout somewhere near by.

Hopwfully being more aware will prevent further ambushes.
Xero X Kalvin
Xero X Kalvin Novice Psi-Stalker Chiller
Parry: 4 || Toughness: 4
ISP: 20/20
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card(s):
  • Cutting In Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest..
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri raised one eyebrow. Was Alex listening or just waiting for his chance to speak? If kind of almost felt like the latter, but he would give the kid the benefit of the doubt. The other eyebrow joined the first when Alex burst out asking about the demon. Long pause. "Yeeeeees. The demon is fine. He scared several of the bandits away." Eyes narrowed slightly, head turned askance. "Please be careful about 'learning' from a demon, Alex. A soul's a terrible thing t'waste. Corruption's no joke." He did smirk at the quote towards Mr. Cook.

To Gill, he shook his head. "I'm fine. Nobody got hurt in our little fight...well, no one on OUR side."

He went back to check on the 'mysterious woman' that had somehow ended up in the trailer. He looked her over for a long moment and then waited for her to come to consciousness.
Missouri Smith
Character Summary
D'Norr A.R.E.S. Archaeologist

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Parry: 7; Toughness: 21(11)
Weapons: TK Machinegun; Shard Pistol; TW Energy Whip

Edges: AB Magic, Attractive, Rapid Recharge, Strong Willed, Wizard

Charisma: +3 (-4 w/Coalition)

Bennies: 4

PPE: 25/20
Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Quickness, Slumber

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Currently playing in: Tomorrow Legion: 12th AAT - The Dirty Dozen
Gill

Post by Gill »

After looking the party over Gill uses his power to restore Gaspard from his state. He then returns and tells the others he is going to rouse the woman in the trailer.

Once there he tells Curatrix to be careful, but give breathing room so she is not scared. Then he invigorates her removing the fatigue of her wounds.

OOC Comments
Mysticism [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]

Mysticism [dice]2[/dice] ace [dice]4[/dice] ace [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice] ace [dice]5[/dice]
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

All that fuss over a woman. A HUMAN woman at that. Sheesh.

To no one in particular but certainly loud enough for everyone to hear, "If it were my choice to make, I would freeze her just enough to pop the cyberware out, without here bleeding all over everything."

He stops near Alex who has set up shop on the otherside of the trailer and peddling his "wares" to whoever approaches.

Spying both Vibroswords and Vibroknives, Xero gets excited, just for a moment. Laying his hand on a vibrosword, the metal ices over and turns a shade of blue, gunmetal blue. "That is a nice blade. Anyone lay claim to it?"

Looking over the knives, he finds one, "Will you look at that! Almost like that. Bet they were originally designed as a matching set." As the words leave his mouth, a vibroknife within Xero's reach, ices over and turns the same gunmetal blue color.

Xero thanks Alex, collects the paired Vibrosword and Vibroknife and walks back out into the nearby folliage and takes up sentry duty.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Notice 3
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 13
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Heather looked over the wreckage of the battle. She extended her telepathy out to make sure there were no further enemies lurking unseen. Alex was already greedily pouring over the brodkil’s equipment and giving her a tally.

“That is quite a bit of salvage and credits,” Heather acknowledged. “Load it up in the trailer and let the others pick what they want from it.” She herself picked up a few of the grenades. They would be useful with her telekinesis.

Heather went around to the back of the trailer with Alex and then stopped short. “Why is there an unconscious woman in here?” she asked. “And more importantly, where are all our supplies?” At least her own pack was in the Mountaineer where she’d been riding.

Joseph disarmed the woman, and Heather gave him an approving nod.

"Is everyone okay? Does anyone need healing?" Gill asked.

“This woman will need some, but let’s make sure she is secure first. Would someone tie her up please?” Heather said.

Heather stood back and stared at the woman. Her eyes narrowed, and she pushed her mind into the woman’s, searching for information.
Mind Walk 13
+2 Mentalist, spend 4 ISP on ley line for +4, opposed Smarts roll
Psionics [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]5[/dice]
Conditions
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
ISP: 20/30
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Card
  • Joker’s Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.
Character Tracker
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Encumbrance: 28/28 (including pack, 70.75/28, -2 Agility and Strength skills)
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Shard Pistol: 36/36 shots
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Everett Jackson »

Notice: Crit Fail, Technical Difficulty: 3
Notice: [dice]2[/dice]
Wild: [dice]3[/dice]

Technical Difficulty: [dice]4[/dice]
The device or gear applies a −1 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 1.
Everett scans the battlefield with his cybereyes looking for any faint shifts in the light or shadows in the trees which would betray any further brodkil threats, but he sees nothing. Satisfied that the battle is over, he shouts out, "All clear!"

During the fight Everett took a glancing shot to the head. It didn't do any damage, but he has noticed that his right cybereye flickers as if a wire were loose or something. Its inconvenient, but not terrible. He asks Alex, "Hey kid, when we get a moment, can you take a look at my cybereyes? I took a headshot during the fight, and now my right eye is flickering a bit."

He moves through the bodies looking at their gear, but nothing really catches his eye until he sees a mint condition TX-50 Light Railgun burried underneath one of the brodkil corpses. He grins real big and says, "Oh baby, you don't have to hide from me. The girls and I will take good care of you, and Bali isn't so bad when you get to know him."

Seeing that Alex is tallying up the credit cost of the loot, Everett picks up and waves the TX-50 at Alex, saying, "Hey kid, leave this one off the tally, OK? I used a good bit of ammo during that fight, and this bad boy has 40 rounds in it. Sweet sword, by the way, Alex. If I didn't have Bali, we'd have to wrestle over that one! Haha."

Checking the last couple of bodies, Everett uncovers the rocket launcher. He picks it up too and asks, "Can we keep this baby too? It could come in handy. I have heavy weapons training and related programs installed, and this baby is screaming my name. Well, she hasn't actually talked to me yet, but I'm sure shell open up to me eventually."

Everett goes to stash his new toys in the trailer, and draws Balitrox to the ready when they mention a stowaway. Then Everett says, "Don't worry about me Gill. I'm custom built to US of A military grade standards. I could probably survive a direct hit from a railgun blast and keep fighting, brother. Who the hell is this, though?"

When Heather asks for the woman to be tied up, everett grabs the woman and restrains her. He grabs her securely, but tries not to cause her discomfort. Then he tells Heather, "Im not just tough. I'm pretty strong too. Ill hold her steady if you're going to interrogate her."
Strength 13
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]

Strength roll in case the woman attempts to break loose when she wakes up. I didnt roll fighting because she's unconscious.
Everett Jackson, Titan Juicer
Everett, Human Titan Juicer
Pace: 10(d8); Parry: 8(1) Toughness: 24(9)
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Balitrox's PPE: 5/5
Bennies: 4/3; Internal Repair System: 3/3
Burn: 6/8
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.
Gaspard Gillead

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

Gaspard awakens to a state of confusion, and takes a moment to ask Gill a few questions to find out what's going on, as well as thanking the mystic for his resuscitation.. He is about to offer his interrogation services of the strange woman, when he sees that Heather has the matter well in hand. Good enough, then, especially since she's a psychic on a Ley Line. That must be the extra surge of energy I felt.

He looks over the loot pile the rest of them acquired. "Brodkil at one end, bandits at the other? So, are we thinking this is just business as usual, or did someone drop a dime on us?" He looks at Statheros for an opinion on that lovely idea.

As Alex is tallying up the loot, he clears his throat. "While none of the gear would be useful to me, I would appreciate it if we could give Proditione one of the chain longswords ."

With that, he sits back and waits for Heather to finish.
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Cyber woman's reaction
[dice]38732:1[/dice]

WD Smarts
[dice]38732:3[/dice]

Ace WD Smarts
[dice]38732:0[/dice]

Benny EE
[dice]38732:4[/dice]

Strength vs. Everett
[dice]38732:2[/dice]

WD Str
[dice]38732:5[/dice]
Joseph, wisely, opts to relieve the woman of her weaponry, as Gaspard and she are both tended to by Proditione and Gill. He then sets up a bit away, along with Xero, to keep a watch on the area.

Heather pushes her mind into that of the mystery guest, looking to explore her origin and purpose. She faces quite a bit of resistance, more than one would expect while the target is unconscious. Still, playing with the minds of others comes as easy to Heather as breathing. Before long, the woman's thoughts are opened to the psychic, answering any question she can ask.

I'm Xanna. I'm the boss of a bunch of survivors. We're loners, just doing what we can to see tomorrow. Sometimes, we hit people we don't like and take their stuff. Other times, we hit people we don't know, and take their stuff. But only when we have to. We saw your people blink out from the mountaineer, so we thought we'd snag it while you were gone. Then the d'norr and the big guy came back, but hornhead passed out. I figured with just the big guy and the two pilots being awake, we could take you.

A short push-back on Heather's mind scan is quickly overcome, and the knowledge continues to flow.

I'm graceful. Don't need cyber for that. But if it wasn't for bad luck...I was helping my boys load your stuff out of your trailer. Remko shouted something about a fraggin' demon, and they all scramjetted. I turned to run, but my foot got caught in one of the floor brackets and I must've face planted on the gate of your trailer. If your stuff is gone, my boys got it. Bunch of assholes didn't bother to take me with 'em. Chicken shits, every one of 'em. If they got it, they're back in the palace by now. Palace...pfft. Bunch of shitty shacks been abandoned, but still got roofs. That's where we parked, but it's got no power and we were low on everything. Food, e-clips, everything.

A flash of a pleasant memory pops up. A warmth of heart. Yeah, I had tickets to the Drei Marbles Left show in Gloom. Me and Remmy were gonna go. We had a reservation at the Pinnacle and everything. Make a night of it. But one of my warrants got pinged and we had to rocket. I think the squid at the front desk snitched. We heard there was a clear patch out near that castle that just popped up. Thought we could lay low for a grip. Slim gets out there, though. People give that area a wide pass. Don't know why. Lotta CS for sure. That mountaineer would've gotten us a piece southwest. Maybe Pecos area. Just get us outta this hell hole up here. Get me away from my warrants. So, nah. Don't have tickets to Stormspire. Wrong way to get away from Chi-town. Don't none of us magic, so Fed ain't home either.
Heather
Feel free to continue questioning her before Gill wakes her. Your interrogation can go down in full before Gill wakes her.
Statheros looks annoyed by Gaspard's question. "Not that I have any clue what it means to 'drop a dime' but I sense you are inferring deceit or betrayal. If such a thing has been done, it was not by me. I don't appreciate the delay in the slightest. As a matter of fact, if you're done sleeping the days away, puppet master, nothing would please me more than to be on our way. Perhaps your playmate has contacted some of his subordinates while you enjoy your repose?" If looks could kill, Proditione would be dead a thousand times over. Gaspard would only be wounded.

As Gill extends his soothing power over the unconscious woman, she wakes and blinks. Then, in an instant, she does her best to throw herself further into or out of the trailer. She doesn't go very far. She might be strong, judging by some of her cyber, but she's no match for Everett. She is squirming like a cat trying to avoid a bath, but the best she can manage is to kick some of Alex's meticulous stacks of loot over. She screams a bit. "Get the fraz off me, fathead! LEMME GO! You don't let offa me, I'll blow! I swear! I got a fusion block in my brainpan. You ain't turnin' me into your demon's pet! All'a you filthy shits'll go down with me!" Aware of the futility of her struggle, she accepts her fate as being death-gripped by the massive lab-human. She might have stopped struggling, but she's shooting daggers at each of you...until she gets to Gill. She pauses, looking the harmonious mystic over. A moment or two passes, then she visibly shakes her head, and continues her verbal protest. "So help me. Let offa me, or we all die together. Count of ten to let me go and give me back my guns. Ten. Nine..."

Joseph and Xero are keeping an eye on the surroundings, a fair distance away. The rest of you get the sinking feeling that you are most definitely within the blast radius of a cortex fusion block. And she is still counting.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Notice 8
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 3
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Before reading the woman’s mind, Heather picked up the spare grenades rolling around in the loot pile, putting them into the interior pockets of her black duster.

Heather focused on the information she was getting from Xanna. Down on her luck case. Fair enough. But that was their stuff.

Where is the palace? Heather asked, striding through the woman’s memories like she owned them. And she did. It was thrill of power and temptation Heather constantly had to fight against, having complete control of a person like this. It was no wonder the Coalition -- and everyone else -- feared those like her.

Heather also took a moment to plant another idea in Xanna’s mind. The Tomorrow Legion. Castle Refuge. You could find good work there, if you are willing. Won’t have to starve or steal. She left her with information on how to find the Castle.

The woman was frightened when she awoke. Heather supposed that was understandable.

“Let her go, Everett,” Heather said simply. “But no weapons.”

Heather strode forward, closer to the woman. Don’t show fear. Her heart was pounding, though. She locked eyes with Xanna as she stopped close in front of her, trying to appear non-threatening.

“Gaspard, please put Proditione away, and everyone please back up to a safe distance. She will be no threat if we aren’t.”

Still in Xanna’s head, Heather searched for more information. Are you bluffing? Do you really have a fusion block in your head? Do you really wish to die? Who put it there? Who are you, Xanna?

“Please stop counting.” Staring right into Xanna’s eyes, Heather placed her finger softly over the woman’s lips. “We can be civil and discuss this.”
Persuasion 11
Not sure if the mind melter -2 would apply. Heather didn’t get a raise, so I guess Xanna knows Heather is in her head.
Persuasion [dice]4[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]
Wild [dice]7[/dice]
Extra effort for the raise [dice]8[/dice]
Conditions
Adventure Card
  • Joker’s Gone Wild: Play this card to swap your initiative card with any Joker drawn for initiative.
Character Tracker
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Gill

Post by Gill »

The woman’s outburst is expected and rational in the situation feeling for her Gill is lifted when he hears Heather order her release. “Sorry about that, we were concerned you would attack or injure on of us. Waking from something like that can be intimidating. Now that your not restrained can you please not blow us all up?

“Do you have any other injuries that need healed? I think i got most of them.”

After waiting a bit for her response Gill asks. “So what brings you out here? I have to admit it was surprising to see instead of supplies the trailer had you in it. We are from the Tomorrow Legion and out here looking to aid people.

“Would you be willing to share what brought you here?”
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

A cold breeze comes from Xero's direction and seems to halt around Xanna and begins swirling in a chilling vortex. "I can shield the blast in a few seconds in several feet of ice. It will make a bloody fresh slushie out of the stow away."

Anyone looking Xero's direction will notice that he has turned around and is very focused on Xanna. The air is getting colder every second. "Could always cap her head and shoulders in three feet of ice and watch the blast blow her brains through her spine and several feet into the ground."

As Xero talks, his faces twists up into a maniacal grin. "Could turn her upside down. Bury her up to her shoulders. Encapsulate the rest of her body in several feet of ice. Human Rocket."
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Gaspard Gillead

Proditione Grapple Mouth 19
Proditione Fighting [dice]0[/dice]
Wild Fighting [dice]1[/dice]
ACE Running Total [dice]2[/dice] ACE Running Total [dice]3[/dice] ACE Running Total [dice]4[/dice]
Gaspard is nothing if not efficient. As he gets up and begins walking away, he calls out, "In case that's voice-activated, Perdi, gimme my bag, hold her jaw open." The huge demon leans over, attempting to stop the woman from speaking--thumb under chin, two gray-green fingers shoved into her mouth, to pin her tongue down. And then Gaspard vacates the premises, taking his NG-S2 from the demon as he passes by.
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Gear
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Bag of Holding
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Seeing the events play out, Joseph calmly aims the rifle he snagged from the Brodkil at cybergirls head. "Just say the word Heather and I'll take her out"
Gill

Post by Gill »

As Gaspard orders to bind her tongue in the most offensive and sexually inappropriate way possible Gill move his body between the demons and the girl. "Let's hear her out first. Cybernetics rarely require verbal triggers so no need to violate the woman."
His body moved such that the demon would need to attack or harm him to get at her.

The large iron golemn turns its attention to the demon, if it tries to surprise them with an attack it will not allow his creators husband to see harm.
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri let out a small sigh and rolled his eyes. "Wow. Gaspard, you really have a swing to the extremes on makings things easier and harder with that demon around, don't you?" He let out a chuckle. He made no motion to move away from the woman when she threatened to blow them all up. He didn't bat an eye. He just stared at her, "Go ahead. If your own life means so little to you. But we ain't slavers, an' we couldn't care less about doin' anything t'you." He pointed an accusatory finger at her. "WE didn't kidnap you. YOU'RE the one who basically got caught ROBBING US, remember?"

But Heather was already trying to make peace with her but Xero sure wasn't helping, the creepy weirdo. Gil, of course, tried to put himself in potential harm's way. Missouri let out a small sigh once more, shaking his head again. "Can we just move on? She's nowhere near her home an' her fellow thieves, so she's harmless - an' we got better things t'do, don't we?"
Missouri Smith
Character Summary

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Having not moved from from his observation location on the outer rim, Xero says, "If we are just going to leave her, maybe we could hang her like I saw ina picture once, upside down."

Xero laughs again, "That way when all the blood rushes to her head, the cortical bomb really will go off."

"I still say we go to my original plan. Ice her down till her body temp is near freezing then," sticking his finger in his mouth, Xero pulls it out quickly with a loud POP, "all the cyber comes out nice and clean. Leave the meaty remains behind for the carrion eaters in the area."

"At least we could replace the supplies her crew took."
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard gives a very level look at Xero. "We either kill her quickly, hold her to turn her in to some authority, or just let her go. Leaving someone to be devoured by wild animals or captured by slavers is not on the menu."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Gill

Post by Gill »

Gill looks at the two in their discussion. “No, we will not be killing her. She can chose to answer our questions or go free.” Shaking his head slightly as if sad from the reactions he continues. “The Legion policies are clear, we do not murder captured enemies, we reach out to them.”
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri slowly turned to look at Xero with a surprised and disgusted look. "What the hell is WRONG with you? Like, did you BRIBE someone t'let you in to the Legion, because you would NEVER have passed the interview process without extensive lying." He shook his head. "Messed up."

He turned back to the rest of the group and raised his hand. "Okay, show of hands, let's take a vote - he doesn't get t'talk anymore."
Missouri Smith
Character Summary

Wounds:

Adventure Cards:
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Missouri wrote:Missouri slowly turned to look at Xero with a surprised and disgusted look. "What the hell is WRONG with you? Like, did you BRIBE someone t'let you in to the Legion, because you would NEVER have passed the interview process without extensive lying." He shook his head. "Messed up."

He turned back to the rest of the group and raised his hand. "Okay, show of hands, let's take a vote - he doesn't get t'talk anymore."
"Whatever in the Frozen Hells is the Legion?"

Pausing it dawns on Xero, "Legion was the name Blackheart used after he absorbed all the souls in San Venganza after taking the contract from Ghost Rider. Hell Yeah! I am in the right place."

"My interview was between the 'Master' and my benefactor." From his harness, Xero produces the invitation, everyone else had to meet with the 'Master'.

"I am into acquisitions ... BY. ANY. MEANS. NECESSARY."

"And just for the record, she is better of dead."
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard nods to Xero. "I think I get it. The rest of us are with the Tomorrow Legion. The Legion was founded to find a better way for this world than the Coalition or the Federation--one where honor means something. Setnaja worked out a deal with the Legion for our AAT's services, convincing the high command that we have a goal in common where the Skull is concerned. Apparently, if I follow you, your... Master made a similar deal with Setnaja, meaning you work for Setnaja, not the Legion. In that case..." He considers. "For the duration, you should know that Miss Heather is your commander, and you are bound by the Legion's rules of conduct. If she gives me the high sign, or if I think you're too far out of line, our next line jump is going to be light one passenger, and you can bloody well walk out of the wilderness to report your failure to your 'Master'. We clear?"
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Alex

Post by Alex »

Ok burn it. Lots of great loot, and lots of great gear. All alphabatized for the right buyer. Should be someone out here in the middle of nowhere. Maybe that guy over in Willowbust, or hmm what was the name of that chick in Crickethollow...? I wonder how this ex brodkill cyber system will sell. I think I got most of the gore off it, but still it looks a bit bigger than your normal system... Maybe like Xero said, tell them like it was made for a Ogre or something... Or maybe like a Grackle miss ordered it. That might work it would have to be a stupid Grackle for it to be beleivable, or at least one not arround. Maybe Danny Ganlack he was sure strange.
Alex Finishes his orginization pretty quickly and admires his handy work in the back of the truck just standing there in his awesome power armor. He looks at Gill and the woman he is reviving his head tilting slightly.
Inside the Armor
”Wow Archie, get a load of her. Didn’t Max say females are incredable?”
”I never knew Max. But my scans of the cyber woman do indicate she is awaking.”
” I know Archie, just look at her hair and skin. Is it glistening?”
”Alex, scans are inconclusive to glistening... Have you had a chance to access the files I prepared on your fellow team members and their realitive eff—-“
”Archie, burn me!! She is just so pretty lying there... Its weird I see her mouth moving, but all I hear is a warm fuzzy buzzing sound...”
Alex leans over the woman in his Power Armor. ” Burn, you are pretty.”
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

As Xero is about to cut back at Gaspard about how tasty mages are when iced, he stops cold in his tracks.
The Conversation No One Else Hears
The Voice: "Xero, you need to play nice with the Legionaires."

Xero: "I am here for the Skull. That is it. You failed to mention having to drink tea with them."

The Voice: "I did mention that you needed to lay low. Let the heat cool down before we can resume your work."

Xero: "You know there are some tasty ones in this Legion."

The Voice: "NOT NOW! Leave alone the Legion and their agents. You can maintain your cool. Just follow directions within reason. Focus on the Skull. Find it and we will decide what to do after it has been acquired."

Xero: "Fine. Anything else?"

His question is answered by silence.

Xero: "I guess not."
Just as briefly as the Chiller stopped, he seems to come back to life and averts his attention from Xanna and returns to being a lookout.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Another Try
Smarts to resist Mind Walk
[dice]0[/dice]

WD Smarts
[dice]1[/dice]
Heather's mind is still connected to and searching through Xanna's. She offers no resistance to the followup questions. The Palace is a few hours southwest of that line. It's tucked into the base of some low hills. Don't know how long it's been abandoned, but we've been there a few weeks. I...I've heard of that castle. Filled with weird creatures and psycho justice knights. I'd probably be executed for wearing a tight shirt, from what I hear. You're...from there?
Xanna.jpg
She fights back against answering the next question, but Heather's hold is nearly unbreakable. Don't got a fusion block. I'm just not gonna be some demon's whore. Only thing I could think of to get you people to back off. Even as Everett lets go, she appears quite defeated, and just sits, slump-shouldered, on the floor of the trailer. She stops counting. "I just wanna go back to my crew." She sniffles a bit, but her cyber-eyes don't shed any tears.

She glares a little at Xero's taunts, then just shrugs. "Don't have the fusion block. Your mindfreak friend knows already. Just didn't feel like servicing the demon there." She head-bobs towards Proditione.

Her worst fears, apparently, begin to come true, and Proditione moves to obey his master's orders to jam his fingers into her mouth. He reaches for Xanna's face, but is interrupted by Gill and Curatrix. She screams. "I FACKING KNEW IT! You sick bastards!" With that, she springs like lightning to the back of the trailer, wrenching a laser pistol from one of Alex's piles. She proceeds to point it...at her own head. "You ain't takin' me alive! I ain't poppin' out demon babies!"

She stares blankly at Missouri for a moment. "Yeah, we did, but you...well...shit." The various dialogues go back and forth, with Joseph offering to kill her, and Gaspard and Gill suggesting letting her go. The pistol goes slack, and she stares out at a rather convoluted scene. She jumps a little as Alex's pre-teen hormones begin taking over. She just looks at the power armor. "I...uh, thanks. Wait! What the frag is going on?! Is this the demon you're trying to give me to, in a Trooper?!"

Finally, she blurts out, in an attempt to bring the conversation to an end. "LISTEN! I'll tell you whatever you wanna know, as long as you either take me back or let me go. Pretty little mindfreak here already knows. I'm stuck at the head of a crew that decided they'd bolt when your demon boss made his appearance. We crash a couple hours southwest of where we found you. We weren't trying to hurt anybody. Figured a crew with that kind of transport could spare a few bags and stuff. Or maybe the ride, if we got lucky. I don't got a fusion block. Now I don't even know where I am. But let me go and I'll figure it out." She still has a grip on the pistol, but appears to have relaxed a little since the consensus seems to be Heather, Gaspard, Missouri, and Gill in favor of not killing her, Alex in favor of staring longingly at her skin, and Everett being obedient enough to let a prisoner go at Heather's orders. Xero, she keeps her eye on more than anyone else. Joseph she ignores, since it appears to you that she has positioned herself in such a way that Curatrix and/or Proditione will give her significant cover in case Heather does give the order to shoot.

She sighs, and looks over each face that isn't demonic or ice cold, eventually coming to rest on the handsome mystic. "I'm sorry we took your stuff, but we're about done. I think some of the others are gonna turn on me and Remmy soon. We needed something to keep us going. You just happened to park right in our way. Take me back and I'll get you your stuff back, except the rations. Might as well pull the trigger myself before takin' food outta my guys' mouths. I don't have anything for cred, but whatever isn't servicing the demon, I can do. Need something stolen? Bet I can get it. Need directions?" She glances again to the outside of the trailer. "Well, shit. I dunno where you took me. But I can get around. Maybe help you out. Or maybe you decide I'm not worth your trouble and you just send me back. I can deal with that too. Just..." She stares Heather in the eyes. "Please don't give me to the demon."

Her stance has changed from defensive to relaxed, though still alert. The voice of Fundin cuts through the pause. "Oy! If ye're all done back there with the thievin' bint, we might mull over movin' down the road, unless ye fancy campin' right here in the middle of the open next to a ley line. I'll give ye a hint. I'll not be within a mile of this thing overnight."
current status
The sun is getting low in the western sky. You have a few hours before dark. You're still parked on a ley line in relatively open ground, with the exception of some light tree cover. The path eastward towards your eventual destination is relatively clear. If you camp here, you're doing so in a pretty open space, but next to a ley line.
Xanna doesn't appear to be making any aggressive moves or statements. She is armed, but doesn't seem to be interested in pointing it at anyone.
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard sighs. "Proditione, step away from the young woman and stay away from her." He looks back at her. "I was only going to have him stop your countdown--nothing more. I give you my word, now that that's out of the way, he won't touch you. Now, as for what comes next for you, that's Miss Heather's call." He turns to Heather. "I don't think we have time for another round-trip on the Ley Line. Up to you whether we let her go or take her along with us."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Seeing that the situation appears to be resolved, Joseph turns back toward the untamed wilderness. He mentally divides his field of observation into quadrants, watching each in a random order so as not to grow complacent. "Let's get a move on."
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero observes Joseph and silenty positions himself to cover a similar set of quadrants about twenty feet to his right.

The air around Xero has gotten colder as has his mood.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Everett lets go of Xanna when Heather asked him to do so, but he remains ready to intervene should he be needed again. Everett listens as the group decides what to do. Xero wants to litreally ice her, Heather and Gill want to let her go, the Demon tried to violate her, and Alex can't stop staring at her. He can't help to think, "Man, what a bunch of weirdos."

Everett says, "Look, I don't care what we do with Xanna as long as its clean. We can go with her, leave her here, off her or take her with us, but lets figure it out quickly and get this show on the road. The next surprise might be nastier. I mean, if Gaspard can swoosh around these ley lines, something else might be able to do it too, right?"
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Edit Signature

Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex look at Xanna, he does not even seem to mind that she took one of the weapons. He looks at Everette who looked at him briefly. What a werrdo.

He looks at the weapons neatly arranged and sighs.
Inside the Suit
” Archie how much do you think we can get for all the gear here?”
The suits artifical intelegence responds, ” Calculating... Calculating... I would say 50-60 thousdand credits if you find the right buyer.”
”Burn, that could help a ton of people right?’
The suit answers, ” Yes, while not life changing. Those that live in abject squaller would find that amount of credits useful. However, if you are considering giving this woman Xanna the groups credits you would do well to check in with Heat—-“
Alex blurts out, ”Miss we would love to help you and your people by whatever means nessesary. We recently came across a cashe of weapons that we could either sell or donate to your people...” His voice trails off. Get it together Alex, these folks already don’t think you need to be here. With some sense of authority he manages, ” Uh as long as you promise to use the credits or weapons for defense. Its not nice to rob folks ya know...” He slightly stammers realizing he does not speak for the group. ” Uhh... As long as everyone else is fine with that and uhh Heather of course. But it is our job to help. But I totally think you should stick with us for the time being until we sell the weapons.” He stands there is his Super Trooper armor trying to look all heroic with his arms akimbo. He whispers, ” That would be so burn.”
Heroic Hindrence
Yup it is his major hindrence and folks in need of help take priority.
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri spoke loudly, "We're NOT killing here, so stop saying 'kill her', 'off her' or anythin' else close to it." He mostly glared at Zero, but he spared Joseph and Everett looks as well. He couldn't believe that these types of people were allowed to work with, and travel with, the Tomorrow Legion. Bloodthirsty and/or uncaring assholes. He let out a small sigh and shook his head. He was going to have some words with the Legion superiors when he got back, maybe.

To the woman he said, "Servant, not boss. HIS", he indicated Gaspard with a toss of his horned head, "demon servant to be exact. The demon don't give orders, he takes 'em." He didn't seem entirely comfortable with the arrangement but tried not to let it show too much.

He smiled at Alex and pulled the little creeper back a bit from his almost-drooling on the woman position. "Great, kid, givin' away all our stuff, now are ya?" He didn't sound mad, maybe an equal mix of mild annoyance, pride and amusement. To Heather he shrugged and agreed, "People need help, an' we can spare a bit." He looked at Gaspard. "You able t'port her back, without fallin' down again?" That was said as a little bit of a friendly jib towards the other D'Norr.
Missouri Smith
Character Summary

Wounds:

Adventure Cards:
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard considers the question. "Shouldn't be a problem--unless I get hit with another random flux like that last trip. Just to be safe, I'd want to take one of you along with me, as well as Proditione, of course."

He shakes his head. "That said, are we really talking about sending a bunch of the spoils back to help fund a bandit gang who would just use the money to continue raiding travelers? I have no problem with letting the girl go, and I don't even mind giving her the ability to defend herself, as setting her loose unarmed is the same as a death-sentence for most in these wilds. But arming--or even giving supplies--to a bunch of bandits without any means of checking up on them seems like a bad idea." He looks directly at Alex, then, to make sure the boy understands the issue. "Essentially, we would be responsible for everyone they rob or kill in the future."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Alex wrote:Alex blurts out, ”Miss we would love to help you and your people by whatever means nessesary. We recently came across a cashe of weapons that we could either sell or donate to your people...” His voice trails off. Get it together Alex, these folks already don’t think you need to be here. With some sense of authority he manages, ” Uh as long as you promise to use the credits or weapons for defense. Its not nice to rob folks ya know...” He slightly stammers realizing he does not speak for the group. ” Uhh... As long as everyone else is fine with that and uhh Heather of course. But it is our job to help. But I totally think you should stick with us for the time being until we sell the weapons.” He stands there is his Super Trooper armor trying to look all heroic with his arms akimbo. He whispers, ” That would be so burn.”
Everett eyes the kid, pats his new TX-50 for emphasis, and says, "It doesn't really matter to me, but it's Heather's call. She's the CO. You'll have to claw my new baby out of my cold dead hand's though. Trixy isn't going anywhere."
Missouri wrote:Missouri spoke loudly, "We're NOT killing here, so stop saying 'kill her', 'off her' or anythin' else close to it." He mostly glared at Zero, but he spared Joseph and Everett looks as well. He couldn't believe that these types of people were allowed to work with, and travel with, the Tomorrow Legion. Bloodthirsty and/or uncaring assholes. He let out a small sigh and shook his head. He was going to have some words with the Legion superiors when he got back, maybe.
"Hey, bub, don't give me that stink eye. I'm not one for offing civilians, but some of you are trying to ice her brains and others are sticking demon fingers where they should never go. Whatever we do, I was saying we do it right. If Heather wants to off her, then we'll do it clean, but I would rather not resort to such measures on a civilian if it can be avoided," Everett finishes speaking and waits for further orders.
  • Size +2
Edit Signature

Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex calls over to Xanna while being ushered away by Missouri” Don’t worry miss we understand some folks have found themselves on hard times. I am sure if you and the gang of bandits promised to do good works in the area we could come to some kind of arrangement. Afterall we are all out here to build a better tomorrow.”

Alex slaps Evertte some armored skin from the super trooper, ” Burn man, Burn. My best friend calls his Robot Armor Nadine so I get it. That robot armor was good to me so I am sure that the rail gun will be good to you. Most everyone got their pick of the items. I think giving folks the chance to make something better for themselves is worth the risk that they betray us. Besides guns or no guns bad people are going to be bad.” Alex looks directly at Gaspard, ” It is not on us, but if we don’t give them a chance to be better than they are, that is on us.”
Alex glances at Heather. . You seem to always know what I am thinking... After the incident in Gloom with Charlie controling me. Folks did not have any reason to trust me or give me a chance. The 13th cleared my name... I owe folks a second and even third chance. Folks make mistakes. Can’t we show them that their are heroes out here and inspire them to be better than they are?
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Gill

Post by Gill »

Her safety settled Gill relaxes a bit and stands up offering the lady a hand. "I am sorry for troubles. I hope things improve from here.

"Sometimes when in stressful situations like this it helps when you do not feel alone..."
Gill begins speaking quietly with her, when she is willing to speak listening, and when she needs silence, being silent.
Gill Chaos Master

Gill's Resources

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000

Curatrix' Resources
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Notice 8
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Ace [dice]4[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 11
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]

Heather gave Xero a look at his threats. “Not helpful,” she told him. “We are not her enemy if she does not wish us to be.”

And then Proditione grabbed Xanna’s mouth. Heather sighed.

"Can we just move on? She's nowhere near her home an' her fellow thieves, so she's harmless - an' we got better things t'do, don't we?" Missouri said.

“We do,” Heather agreed.

Heather held up her hands when Xanna leaped up and grabbed a laser pistol. “No one is giving you to any demon,” she promised the girl. “I will see if we can get you back.” She looked to Gaspard. “No time? Well, fudge,” she said with a frown. “I wouldn’t feel right just letting you wander by yourself,” she told Xanna. “It wouldn’t be safe. But I won’t stop you. You are welcome to come with us. If you prove helpful, you get a share. And we will bring you back to your Palace and your gang on the way back to Castle Refuge,” Heather promised the girl.

And then Alex blurted out, attempting to donate all the weapons to Xanna.

Heather put a hand on the Supertrooper armor. “Calm, Alex,” she said. “We aren’t giving weapons to bandits.” She gave Xanna a level look. “Unless she helps us.” She tilted her head as she heard Alex’s thoughts. I agree, Alex. I do not think she is a bad person. She is just trying to get by.

Heather returned her attention to Xanna. “If you like that pistol, you may keep it. Pick out whatever else you need from what we have.” She gestured to the weapons and gear they had claimed from the brodkil. “I am offering you a job. The demon won’t touch you again.” She gave Gaspard and Proditione a look of warning. “I do not think we have time to send you back. We are on a bit of a time table to complete this mission. Others might be after what we seek. The choice is yours. Good work, or take your chances on your own.”

Conditions
Adventure Card
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard sighs, heavily. "I've already said... right. No demon touchy. No worries." He pauses. "However, while I'm fine with Plan Bring Her Along, she should be warned we aren't on a sightseeing tour, don't you think? She might be better off hiking back home with the weapons you've given her, rather than coming with us. At the least, it should be her call."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Joseph turns his attention to the group again. "Her weapons are in the cab of the truck." He looks to Heather. "You're the boss. If you say she's ok, that's good enough for me. We really should get going though. If this is important as Setninja said it was, we don't have any time to spare."
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Need one? Take one!
Alex: Take a benny for playing to your hindrances in order of priority (and also for finding a new crush; no, not two, just the one, but excellent RP!)
Everett: Take a benny for following your CO's orders to release a possibly dangerous prisoner; Everett ain't scared!
Gaspard: Take a benny for skillfully wielding the blunt object to his most fearsome effect
Gill: Take a benny for being the calm in the midst of the storm
Heather: Take a benny for taking charge of the boys' club like you were born to lead
Joseph: Take a benny for trying to herd kittens down the road
Missouri: Take a benny for level-headed handling of the situation
Xero: Take a benny for the graphic and frightening descriptions of how to kill Xanna and limit the destruction from the fusion block bluff
Good RP, everyone!

The bewildered woman finally...almost smiles. "That's...most would'a fed me to the demon or just drilled me right here. Offerin' your take? You must be a different set, though..." She glances at Xero. "...maybe not ALL'a you are big damn heroes." She holsters the pistol as best she can; it's clear it fits a different rig. "I'm Xanna. I can probably find my way back if you at least gimme an idea of where you took me."

Statheros peeks around the corner. "You are east of what is called the Mississippi River, the Magic Zone, I believe it's named. And you had better be on your best behavior. We have no time for skulduggery." If you looked quickly enough, you might have seen the slightest grin creep over Statheros' face.

Xanna, however, missed the joke. Her face falls. "I...I can't cross the river. I...if ya let me, I'll join up until you head back. You're headin' back my way, right?" With permission, she follows Joseph's instructions and locates her rifle and pistol, then puts the other laser back. She checks the chambers, then holsters or slings her weapons. "Where am I ridin'?" Wherever she's directed to, she boards and sits, waiting for movement.

Not a moment too soon for Fundin. "Aye, it's about time." He glances at Heather and chuckles. "Ye plannin' to pick up any other strays?"

As soon as everyone is loaded, he slams the mountaineer into gear and begins humming eastward, over beautiful hills and patches of forest. Mingled with the southern American foliage is the occasional alien plant or creature, though none of the fauna give the mountaineer anything but a wide berth as it trucks through the wilderness. A few hours down the road, the sun begins to dip. Fundin announces by intercom to anyone on the trailer, as well as those with him in the mountaineer. "If ye prefer, I can keep drivin'. Between me eyes and the sensors, I've got a few hours left in me before I tire. If ye'd rather make camp with some light to spare, we'll park it now. The other choice is we rotate drivers, though ye've all been through a fight, an' ye'll be handlin' me beauty with me ta answer to if ye scratch her. What say ye?"

Whatever the group decides, you've got some road and/or camping time ahead of you. Xanna spends some time talking to each of you. She shares some of her own story, being an escapee from the 'Burbs for a few minor crimes, always on the run and never settled. She talks some about Remmy, her boyfriend and partner in crime, and how the two of them came to lead the crew that accosted the mountaineer. She asks each of you about your history. What brought you here, what's with this "Tomorrow Legion" and what's so important that you're leadfooting it through Fed territory.
Interlude time!
Post an interlude. It doesn't need to be specifically what Xanna asked about. She's making small talk and getting to know her captor...new employers over the course of hours/days on your trip. If you need inspiration, roll a d4 and consult the following:
1 (Spades): Victory
2 (Hearts): Love
3 (Diamonds): Desire
4 (Clubs): Tragedy
Upon completion of the interlude, take 1 XP (apply immediately) and either a Benny or an additional Adventure Card draw (rolled in the adventure card section; remember, you can have more than 1 adventure card in your hand, but you can only play 1 per quarter)
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

[dice]0[/dice]

Joseph offers to take the first watch. When the group has settled in and mostly quieted down, he takes a moment to reflect. Still odd being with this group of amateurs he thinks. Inside his matte black armored shell a smile briefly passes over his lips as he thinks fondly of his old unit, The Black Devil's. He thinks of his squad mates and the loyal bond they forged while going deep into enemy territory. You felt this way when you started with the devil's too he reminds himself. Not one to be overly emotion he feels a pang of sadness as he fondly remembers his uncle, and what happened when the Devil's were on a raid and he came back to... Joseph shakes his head. Never. Never again. He refocuses on his watch, willing to sacrifice his life for the sake of the team.
OOC Comments
Will take the xp and extra benny, Thank you!
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Interlude Roll
Note: If this comes up love I will rewrite the coding for the site myself.
Interlude: [dice]0[/dice] - Desire
*Whew*
Xero sits on the tailgate of the trailer as everyone else loads into the Mountaineer and the dwarf puts things into gear and begins driving away from the Ley Line. His feet and legs dangle off the side of tailgate much like they did on the docks of his hometown when he was a kid.

A memory comes to mind, when he found buried in a pile of rubble a book that was weathered and worn. The pages were all there, he counted them all. The cover was missing, from front and back. But that book had given Xero an idea. One that he had pursued for nearly ten years. Which may have also brought him to be with 12 AAT.

A pocket on his harness, Xero placed his hand on the bulge. He had kept the book close, the promise of treasure and the heart of one more powerful than himself. Opening the pocket, he extracted the worn and faded book and flipped to a far more worn set of pages.
Icingdeath was a massive white dragon killed by Drizzt and Wulfgar to prove he could be king of the tribes.

At a young age, Icingdeath dug out his hole in which he filled with his gold and treasure and soon fell into a deep sleep that lasted 1000 years. When he woke up, the hole was too small to get out!

Drizzt and Wulfgar wandered into his lair to slay the dragon, then having Wulfgar prove himself to the Elk Tribe. Here Drizzt picked up Icingdeath, aptly named, driven into a large pile of treasure.
He is out there. The Heart and the Blade will be mine.

Xero put the book back in its pouch and sealed it up away from the weather and the elements.

I will find you.

As Xero read the words on the page of a book with no name, a dragon somewhere in the world felt fear as his name was called. The promise made the dragon sat in darkness atop a horde.

Damn that boy. If there was only some way to destroy the book.

In a chamber of red sandstone, atop a throne made of gold, sat a dark scaled dragon. The throne was a dragon sized horde of gold and other oddities. The dragon had made a few fatal mistakes in his life and this was one of them.

He should have been happy with Montezuma's Headdress. He should have been content with that prize. That trophy. But he had fallen to his fatal weakness. What good is the headdress without the ENTIRE collection?

So he had managed to bring himself to the final resting place of Montezuma's Treasure. He had encountered a few problems getting here. He had lost track of track of both time and place and there were no ley lines or nexus for him to access. Montezuma's Revenge had nothing to do with diahrea and had everything to do with trapping those who tried to take it.

His other fatal mistake was the damn book. Centuries prior to Gutenberg and the printing press, giving yourself an alias would have had very little consequences. But he had created a modern alias when he had been approached by the human male in 1986 at his home in St. George, Utah.

How had Robert Anthony figured out who he was? Robert Anthony never said.

One fine Spring day he had been at his home tending to his gardens when a phone call had come and the young human male had asked for an interview with St. George's oldest living resident. Shocked,he had agreed to the interview, thinking nothing of it at the time.

The interview was brief but Robert Anthony asked if he could retell the story of Saint George and his slaying of the dragon in a new fantasy story he was writing. "Sure," he had agreed, "like the story of Saint George is mine." The dragon had said with a wry smile.

Robert Anthony smiled back to this dragon in human form, "Oh but it is. You wanted to draw attention from yourself in medivel England so you staged the battle and died at your own blade. From there you disappeared from public view."

"I do not need to see you in your true form to know that you are indeed the dragon from the many stories of Saint George. Besides, your residence here in Utah and your documented age, give some very credible evidence to my statements. If I had to guess, I would say this is the third identity you have had in the last hundred years."

"You have no family. Past or present. And the deeds to the property have been passed down through a well paid for law firm. They keep your secrets as will I."

Robert Anthony certainly knew his facts and the dragon was not sure how much he could trust him. The dragon knew that in the present age trying to kill Robert Anthony would draw more attention than he wanted.

The dragon looked Robert Anthony in the face with a very chilling look, "Sure you can rewrite my story. Call the dragon Icingdeath after my sword," the dragon pointed to a wicked blade that hung above Robert Anthony's head, "And should my secrets ever be revealed. You will meet your end by kissing Icingdeath."

So sure the name Icingdeath had taken print form. The public name had hidden his secrets well. But everyone had access to it. And the name served to bind him more than it freed him. The dragon was grateful for the Rifts as a large majority of his past disappeared with the destruction that changed the world.

Here, wherever here is. The dragon waits and hopes his message will be answered and he can be rescued from his current dilemna. If Xero manages to get to him before he is rescued, damn it will be one of the most epic battles of the new age.

If Xero had any knowledge of the events unfolding in another location of the world, he would step up his game and end the dragon where ever he is. But Xero has no knowledge of other events. Xero's benefactor, is in fact the dragon, who is doing everything possible to keep Xero distracted while "helping" Xero find the truth of what he seeks.

Beneath a large hill with an even larger tree, arrayed like plaid picnic blankets, are numerous displaced communities and species, recently arrived at this hill. For those familiar with the area, the hill has been there for centuries, a landmark well known by everyone across the former country. The tree however is a fairly new development.

Ancient and long forgotten history speak of a Forever Tree that once grew atop the hill. Centuries past and no one can recall when the Tree stopped being there. One thing is certain, for those who know, the Tree's re-appearance is connected to the Ley Line activity. The new arrivals at the base of the hill can attribute the Tree and the Ley Lines for their arrival, at least on the surface that seems the logical explanation.

New arrivals to One Tree Hill, spill forth from the base of the Tree and work their way down to the base of the hill. There are a few who do venture back into the Tree. It is one such group that the dragon's hopes of rescue depend upon.

An odd group to say the least but one that is highly recommended. A Fae Warrior. A Knight from the Future. An American Psi-Slinger. And an Armored Soldier. The dragon's hope of rescue lays with these four individuals and their ability to discover the secrets of One Tree Hill.
Last edited by Xero X Kelvin on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:44 am, edited 6 times in total.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Gaspard Gillead

OOC Comments
[dice]0[/dice] Desire
Reward: 1 XP, Bonus Bennie (Now at 5/3)
Gaspard mostly stays quiet during the whole business, alternating between napping, reading and listening as they travel. However, in response to a direct question about Proditione, he shakes his head. "No, I'm not planning on calling up a demon army. That's actually a common misconception about Shifters. The whole summoning and binding thing is more of a sideline to our real Art." The capital-A is practically audible, the way he says the word in this context. "I still remember the first time I saw an open Rift...."

The town's name wasn't important; it was one of many small villages scattered throughout the Magic Zone, ostensibly under Lord Dunscon's rule, but mostly left to their own devices. The two Ley Lines that crossed some five miles south of town had been quiet for over a generation, the Nexus little more than a local landmark.

So quiescent is it, in fact, that the townsfolk don't even think twice about the underground tradition, in which the children make a dare for one of their number to go and camp there overnight. This happens typically two or three times a year, whenever one of the kids gets into an ego-match or loses a bet.

For nearly a week before the dare, the 12-year-old D'norr had been experiencing a kind of preternatural giddiness that he couldn't explain. When Timmy Beuchant--only 8, but an 8-year-old Grackletooth was still big enough to tower over his elders--issued the challenge to stay out that night, Gaspard felt a sudden certainty that he needed to accept.

It was the night of the new moon, but the night was brilliantly lit, beneath the Ley Lines. As was tradition, Timmy and five other kids had walked him out there after they snuck out of their homes after lights-out, meeting in the town square. (Most of their parents had participated in the rite themselves, whether as dared, dare-er or witnesses. They knew it still went on, and usually knew which night it was going to be, and whose kid was going to be out there.)

This time, though, it was different. The escort had barely begun walking away when the boy felt a shock travel through his body. Looking up, he saw a shimmer in the air, surrounding the nexus like a halo. He reached out to it, with every fiber of his being, and the air crackled in response. A glowing light formed, a single line, bisecting the Nexus. The line split, in the center, bending outward, until it formed an oval.

And through that oval.... It was daylight, but daylight under a green sun. A roiling, violet sea lay in the background, but the Rift itself opened onto a brilliant, glimmering city of crystal and gold, the massive buildings shimmering in the light. Gaspard was enchanted, entranced by the vision. He could feel the edges of the Rift, in his mind, and pushed on them, harder... In a twelve-year-old's naivete, he wanted to make the hole permanent, a wide-open highway to wherever this amazing world was.

The Rift pulsed, swelling, swelling under the pressure he instinctively applied to it with his will. His companions, less enamored, began running away at high speed, shouting for help, but he didn't care. There was a whole other WORLD, here, and he had the key. He was filled with an almost indescribable joy. So much power, so much freedom, there for the taking.

He barely even noticed as the strange, scuttling creatures, like crystalline lobsters as big as a man, began to swarm towards the Rift, claws clacking menacingly.

It might have been a disaster, but at that moment, a huge gold-scaled lizard-man appeared next to him, and, seeing the swarming creatures, he shoved the youth to the ground, and then began the process of sealing the Rift. The boy, his reverie broken, watched in awe as the lizard-man (Gaspard would later learn the d-bee's name was Vargus, not yet "the Great", but well on his way to earning that sobriquet) commanded the gate with a proficiency the boy could barely imagine.

Once the Rift had closed, Vargus looked down at him. "Do not be afraid, Child. While your actions were foolish, your talent is what matters here. Lord Dunscon will be pleased to learn that a Shifter of such potential has made himself known. Your family will receive a healthy stipend, and you shall come to the City of Brass to learn the Art."

Finishing his tale, Gaspard shrugs. "Of course, I've broken with Dunscon's madness. But I still desire to see worlds beyond this one, to walk on shores under a green sun." And with that, he falls silent again, letting others talk.
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Interlude Roll
[dice]0[/dice]
"I...I may have done some bad things after I first stepped out of my cryopod. I was owned by the government and created in a lab - my life before the world changed wasn't much of a life. Exit the pod, exercise, eat, a little recreation time, and back into the pod. It helped ensure our bodies were quickly ready after exiting the deep freeze. The longer you spend frozen, the more drastic the recovery becomes. Three hundred plus years on ice in the deep freeze isn't a pleasant awakening, but I did not hesitate to seize my freedom." Everett explains.

Everett sighs and stares at the ground for a moment before continuing, "My body got back up to speed quicker than my mind, and I dont remember much between stepping out of the pod and taking Balitrox and my gear and descending the Ozarks. Not far from the mountains, my mind was still...fuzzy? Anyhow, I saw demonlike men with advanced weaponry. My cybereyes flashed danger....they were speaking a language I didn't understand, and then the english-like language most people speak now, but broken and not as fluently as you all speak it. They charged their weapons...I didn't stop to think. My eyes said danger, I am a soldier, there were weapons pointed at me and charging up, and my mind was still reeling from cryosleep."

"So, I reacted. It didn't take much. Just one salvo from my light railgun was enough. It cut through the beasts behind them pulling their wagon, too. I heard noises inside the wagon, and my training kicked in - unidentified potential threats. Secure the area. I crept around to the back of the wagon. The axe was in my hand in case they got the jump on me. I heard what sounded like frantic whispers as I rounded the corner of the wagon," Everett says as he lowers his head into his hands.

He shakes his head a little and quietly says, "A demon-like woman was standing in the rear of the wagon staring at me with more hatred than I had ever experienced before. She was pointing at me and whispering frantically. I...I reacted again. Some kind of rage welled up inside of me. I thought I was in danger, I guess, I'm not sure...She did seem menacing, but she was just pointing at me and whispering, she couldn't have been that dangerous, though, could she? A lone woman with no weapons in sight..."

Everett sits up straight and looks each of his allies in the eye as he finishes his story, "Before I even knew what I was doing, I killed her. I swung Balitrox at her with all the strength I could muster...I had never hit something with that much force before, and I am very strong. It cut through her like butter. I swung downards at her, diagonally, and I literally cut her in half. And...and when it was done, I felt...a rush. I loved it - I had just killed a probably innocent woman and I felt like the king of the world. I felt unstoppable, and for some reason very, very clever and satisfied with myself."

"What's worse is that...there were three kids in the back of that wagon. Then the world came crashing down around me. Not so much as the high faded as it abruptly disappeared without a trace - and I quickly came to the realization that I was standing over the bodies of some kind of family, and the youngest members were clutching one another in front of me terrified out of their minds...and. And..I just left. I killed their family and abandoned them out there, all alone, somewhere near the base of the Ozark mountains. I never thought I was a bad person. I never thought I was evil - but I know I did evil that day. I can rationalize the start of the encounter as bad luck and terrible circumstances. A confused soldier in a strange new world threatened by a larger force. But, the woman...She was unarmed and not threatening. I killed her, I wanted to kill her, and when I did kill her, I liked it..." Everett finishes his story and falls silent for several minutes.

Then he sighs and speaks up one more time, "I know now that the family was probably an innocent d'norr family traveling for some reason, and their weapons probably weren't even strong enough to harm me. I understand if this drastically changes how you feel about me, but I want to reassure you all the best that I can. My mind caught up with my body not long after that encounter, and I felt like myself fully. I have not hurt a single being since then except out of self defense or the defense of another. And I have not felt...such wrong feelings since that day. I have nightmares about that family. They follow me, looking at me with that same all-consuming hatred in their eyes that the woman had before I killed her. They whisper in a language I cannot understand, and I know they want me to suffer for what I did to them. It is a burden that I bear nearly every night that I sleep."
OOC Comments
Ill take the +1 XP and the Benny. Im satisfied with my cards :).
  • Size +2
Edit Signature

Alex

Post by Alex »

[dice]0[/dice]

Alex was out of his super trooper with a small video recording device. He looks at Xanna with half a smile. He lets her look at the camcorder for a second. ” Specially made to let me keep in contact with Max. Uses the leylines themselves to transmit. He is the best legion rombot armor pilot and he and Nadine must be doing something great. Probably saving the day and being heroic...” Alex frowns and shakes his head trying to dismiss his worries, ” The thing is I cannot get this thing to connect. I thought it might have been the leyline Gaspard opened up for us... But I think it might be something worse.” He tries his best to grin, ” Well knowing Max he is probably just deep underground knee deep in dragon guts or something like that.”

Alex puts away the camcorder and touches Xanna’s cyber arm. ” That is so burn Xanna, so beautiful.” He pulls back his own pant leg revealing his own cyber leg. ” Mine is nothing fancy really, more of a bio replacement. You asked about why I joined the legion and why I am here?”

He scoots close to Xanna sitting next to her looking out into the world, ” Its simple really I wanted to meet people like you. But the story of how it came to be is one of heartfelt desire to belong.” He leans his head on her shoulder speaking softly telling his story.
OOC Comments
I never had much, my mother died during child birth, and my father beat me at least once a week. But I did have electronic devices. Particularly an old earth radar dish in my fathers garage. After he disapeared I was lost in my own world seeing nothing but the coldness of the components as my true friends. How could bits of circuit board, wire, and solder hurt me? One day this dogboy named Max came to town and he showed me that the world needed heroes. He showed me that I could belong and thrive in such a world.
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Notice 4
Notice [dice]0[/dice]
Wild [dice]1[/dice]
Common Knowledge 33
Smarts [dice]2[/dice]
Ace [dice]5[/dice]
Ace [dice]7[/dice]
Wild [dice]3[/dice]
Ace [dice]6[/dice]

Heather looks to Statheros for the information on just where they are, and that deflates Xanna a bit.

“You ride with me,” Heather said, giving Xanna a smile. “Too much testosterone gives me a headache.”

And she could keep her mind on the girl a bit. She had invited her along, so it was her responsibility to make sure she didn’t put a hole in the team’s back when they weren’t look. Not to mention maybe keep her safe if they got into trouble.

“You can handle those, right?” Heather asked, nodding to the weapons Xanna was reclaiming. “As Gaspard said, we aren’t sightseeing. This might be dangerous.”

"Ye plannin' to pick up any other strays?" Fundin asked

Giving Fundin a smile, Heather replied, “Depends on how cute and vulnerable they are.” She chuckled as well.
Interlude 3
[dice]4[/dice]
After several hours, Heather made the call to camp while they still had light. She didn’t want to fatigue the team or their driver, and didn’t want to be trying to set up camp in the dark. They had no specific intel that they were in any sort of race for the artifact, at least not yet. There was no reason for unreasonable haste.

Joseph offers to take first watch. He and Xero are quiet, though Gaspard tells a tale of his youth. Everett added a harrowing story of his own.

Heather glanced at Alex. She smiled in slight amusement at his crush, but frowned as he leaned against her. Don’t get too attached. She has a boyfriend, and isn’t likely to stick around.

Heather sipped the tea she had made and shut down her field computer as Xanna started asking her things.

“I am from quite a ways away from here,” Heather said. “Way out east, on the other side of the Federation. We weren’t technically Fed, though they were pressing hard.” Heather stared into the firelight.

“I always was fascinated by magic. I wanted to go to Dweomer to study. But my father was an ex-dead boy. I think he had been in a Fed prison camp and escaped. That is how he ended up way out there. Anyway, he wouldn’t have ever put up with magic or psychics or any of that, and he made that clear. So I kept my desire secret. I didn’t have any talent for magic anyway.”

Heather took a breath. It was a bit shaky. “And then came the night my psionic powers came in. I won’t go into that.” Heather stared off into the darkness beyond the firelight. “It was...a different kind of magic than I expected. Now I could study it. But I couldn’t go to Dweomer, or remain in the Federation. So my family and I came to Castle Refuge.”

Conditions
ISP: 23/30
Adventure Card
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Interlude die
[dice]0[/dice]
Missouri looked Xanna over for a long moment when she choose to speak to him and ask him about his past. "Oh, I was inspired to do this, choose this life. Blame it on my little sister. She bought me some old vids for my birthday when I was much younger. A trio of stories surrounding the same recurring character - Indiana Jones. He was selfless and selfish; noble and a liar; intelligent yet snared easily by a woman's charms; witty and quick-thinking, but not as much as he thought was sometimes; nimble and strong yet so often facing impossible odds - so many things but the most important for a hero was a tough exterior hiding a heart of gold." It was clear he had a bad case of hero worship.

A smile tugged at his lips as he thought back and began to speak again. "I remember I wanted so bad to be him. I tried to stand up for the bullied in school. But I wasn't a big kid with lots of muscles. I was a scrawny little scrapper. I got beat up a lot. My parents didn't understand, of course, and kept sitting me down and trying to talk to me about it all, where this was coming from, and why I was throwing myself in to fights when I had no history of violence previously. It wasn't about fighting, I told them, it was about standing up for someone who couldn't stand up for themselves. And I'll never forget, my dad said to me - 'But son, you aren't yet strong enough to carry that burden'. And I replied 'Dad, if anybody could do it, everybody would. If it were easy, then what would be the point?' He started laughing then, and ruffled my hair, but I could tell - I'd gotten through to him. He supported me from then on, got me a teacher to learn how to fight better - said if I was going to be getting in to fights, by gods I should at least know how to win a couple of them!" He chuckled and then let out a small sigh. "Silly old man."

He seemed to come back to himself and brushed his hands together, brushing off imaginary dust from dredging up the old memories. He smiled. "Anyway. That's me in a nutshell. Hard-headed hero-wannabe. I'm trying to do the right thing by as many people as I can. A lot of people are in need, can't stand up for themselves. So that's why I'm here."
Missouri Smith
Character Summary

Wounds:

Adventure Cards:

Return to “Adventure Archive”