The Bleak Tome - Briefing

Snake Eyes
Game Master

The Bleak Tome - Briefing

Post by Snake Eyes »

Setnaja had given you a week off to rest, recover, and spend your hard-earned loot. However, halfway through the week, you are individually contacted by another member of the Legion's arcane corps. "We have an emergency meeting of the 12th AAT with Lord Setnaja's blessing. Please meet this afternoon at 2 PM in the Mallorn briefing room."
Reporting as requested, you find a much less spartan briefing room. An intricately carved silver mallorn conference table, with room for each of the members of the 12th, rests in the middle of the room. At the front of the room is an elf, dressed rather unconventionally (for an elf).
Vielar.png
Before long, he proves his demeanor is equally unconventional. He greets you curtly. "Thanks for coming on short notice, and on your shore leave. Not like you had a choice, really." He grins. "I'm Lieutenant Vielar. We've got a hot one. The council has been in negotiations the last few days. One of the other SETs, the 7th, came across a book. A big bad book. Demon resurrection rites, blood magic rituals, spirit domination techniques, all the necromancer and black magic standards, all in one big nasty novel. Long story short, we need this book 86'ed. Unfortunately, a team of hopped up bursters, a few dragons, and the sharpest swords in the armory can't seem to put a dent in the thing. It's gonna take...well, we don't know. That's the problem. Plato's had his scholars poring over everything they can get their hands on. Erin Tarn's at a loss. And your boss...well, he's voted against this plan. Resoundingly. But he's a team player, and he's postponed his next assignment to let you guys off the reservation." He waves a hand, and an illusory picture flashes before your eyes.
Collegiate Arcane Magic Guild.jpg
Collegiate Arcane Magic Guild.jpg (184.49 KiB) Viewed 12684 times
"This is the Collegiate Arcane & Magic Guild in MercTown. It's the best place we can think of to go and find out where this thing came from and how to shred it. Our plan is for you guys to pack this thing up, go do some rooting around in there, and see if someone knows someone or something that knows how to torch it for good." He looks at Dominic. "Snake Eyes...shit. I mean, Setnaja says you have a gift with hiding stuff, yeah? Well, you get the job. Tuck it in whatever little hidey hole you can come up with - " He snickers at something that must be funny, then continues. "- heh. Sorry. You'll know when you see it. Anyway, make it disappear, take it with you, hit up MercTown."
He waves his hand again, and the image disappears. "Problem with the Guild is they don't just let any old joker go fiddling in their library. We've got a contact there, but she's barely a foot in the door. You might have to hoop-hop to get clearance to get in. Money's not it either. So get there, look out for a gal named Lanasa. She'll make some introductions, get you further down the road. Do what you gotta do, but don't black the Legion's eye. And don't let anyone get the book."
He stands up and moves to a strongbox behind him. He lifts the lid and pulls out a massive black tome, roughly 3' tall by 2' wide and 3" thick. He lays it on the table and shudders as he slides it towards you. "Thing is all kinds of wrong." As you look, you realize the book is bound in human skin, and the pages appear to be the same. "Please, for the love of all that's good, get rid of this thing. You have your orders." He snaps his fingers, then continues. "Almost forgot. We've arranged transit. Got a zone ranger all gassed up and ready to go. It's a Silverforge special. Expanded crew capacity at the cost of some of the handling. It's big enough for the whole crew. Don't pick up any hitchhikers though. They'll be stuck on the roof." The oddball elf lieutenant laughs heartily, then continues. "You're gonna need a driver, too, so we've got that covered. You can't miss him. His name is Digrig. Name like that, he was destined to be a chauffeur. Try not to let him get Fundin-ed, would ya?" He tsks, shakes his head, then straightens back up. "Any other questions? Oh yeah. Much as he doesn't agree with the mission, Setnaja thought Missouri was best suited for lead on this one." He nods at Missouri. "Congrats, Prof. You're the boss. Don't get everyone killed, yeah? You leave tomorrow morning."
Instructions
Ask questions, try to blast the book with your own powers, read it and try to figure out why it's so bad. Up to you. When done, you'll report to the motor pool, and we'll get on the road to MercTown.
Feel free to continue some RP in the previous / epilogue thread (there's a benny available) and do any shopping there as well.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: The Bleak Tome - Briefing

Post by Joseph Cook »

OOC Comments
WIP
Streetwise [dice:loxff6cq]46520:0[/dice:loxff6cq]
Wild Die[dice:loxff6cq]46520:1[/dice:loxff6cq] +2 from charisma
Asplode [dice:loxff6cq]46520:2[/dice:loxff6cq]

Persuasion [dice:loxff6cq]46520:3[/dice:loxff6cq]
Wild Die [dice:loxff6cq]46520:4[/dice:loxff6cq]
EE w Benny from spreadsheet
[dice:loxff6cq]46520:5[/dice:loxff6cq]
Joseph listens, and nods. The Collegiate Arcane... who was that who lives there now again?
Last edited by Joseph Cook on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaspard Gillead

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

Gaspard is definitely curious about this book. He takes a step forward, opens it up... looks at the page he opened to, shuts the book, and nods. "Well, that'll keep me from sleeping tonight. One question--why are we taking this with us right now? Wouldn't it make more sense to find out how to destroy, then come back, while the folks upstairs post a dozen Cyber-Knights around the thing, with orders to remove the head of anyone who enters the room without the password?"
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Vielar points at Gaspard and winks. "Smart one, you are. Keep the thing on lockdown. Makes sense." He taps his temple, then continues. "Thing is, though, we don't want it here. Makes the place a target. Advertising 'crazy necromantic artifact of power here!' is only gonna draw reaper cults, infiltrators, and worse. I'm sure we can hold 'em off, but why risk it? We keep it in the wind, keep it moving, keep it hidden, protected by a bunch of professionals like you? Who's gonna see that coming? Besides, FNG here -" he points again to Dominic "- he's got some fancy kit that'll keep it under wraps for real, so Setnaja says."
He leans closer and lowers his voice, though you're now aware there are clairvoyance / clairaudience wards carved and inlaid into the table you're sitting at. "Been getting reports of newcomers 'finding their way' into secure areas of the castle. Nobody's been caught yet, but Major Deschesne's crew is looking. Timing is odd with the arrival of the book. Shady here isn't the only one that can pocket stuff and make it vanish. The sooner the book gets torched, the better. Adding travel time back here to pick it up just gives our mystery guests more chances to nick it."
He sits back into his chair and grins. "Besides, you guys are one dragon short of a full brigade of combat effectiveness. Who's gonna knock you off?"
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Dominic Skodati

Post by Dominic Skodati »

Just when you think elves can't get anymore pretentious you meet a guy like Lieutenant Vielar. Reminds me of this elf I met in MercTown one time, a wine merchant, real pompous son of a rhino-buffalo. But, Vielar can have his smug passive aggressive comments, the book is interesting. Probably no chance I can sell it, but maybe I can glean a few magical secrets from it that people will pay for. Forbidden knowledge is always valuable. Especially with squabbling mages always looking to get a leg up on each other.

Openly rolling his eyes at Vielar, Dom takes the briefing in stride. Only problem is, that thing is going to put a target on our backs, and since I'm the mule that has to carry this thing it means I'll take most of the shots. Well, just call me a jackass. Everyone else does.

"Yeah I might be able to keep the thing under wraps. But things like that don't like to stay hidden. They want people to find them and use them. Like they got a mind of their own." Shuddering a bit, Dom touches the book and leafs through a few pages. Unlike Gaspard he is not as put off by the contents. "This thing is going to bring a lot of heat. If we whip it out in the Arcane Collegiate someone will get tipped off as to what we're up to. Then we'll be hundred of miles from backup in the middle of a city full of mercenaries who work for the highest bidder." Dom scowls at Veilar, "Given what we pay our troops, I bet that won't be us."
Alex

Post by Alex »

Full brigade indeed. Burn me we could wipe out the castle in a heart beat... Book needs to be dystroyed... Setninja no likey the plan... Burn me did he say Fundin-ed????

Not in his armor and half as tall as the insensitive elf Alex approaches him hot headedly, ”Hey mister watch how you talk of the dead. In fact don’t ever talk about the big F like that again. Do what you will when I am not arround... But damit... At least show some respect...” Alex balls his fingers like he was going to punch him and instead stalks out heading to the motor pool where his PA was stored.

He stays busy making sure all his gear is ready to go. Damn that guy, Fundin was awesome. I should just go back in and light off a rocket at him. Teach him to make fun of Fundin!! He chucks a wretch at his PA. It clangs off it hardly even a scratch and bounces to the floor. A female dog boy mostly hidden by a bellowing cloak picks it up and offers it back to the kid.

She softly growls, ” You ok Alex, seems like your one wrentch away from a tantrum.”

Alex looks up at her and tosses himself into her cloak crying a bit, ” I... I just... Fundin died... Anyword from Max?” It just sort of comes out of him, one tear and then another. ” They... They... Just killed him, didn’t even try... What would Max do?” The lady dog boy pats his head and squeezes him hard.

The well cloaked dog woman releases him and pats him on the head, ” Your a sweet kid Alex. This world... Sometimes there is nothing you can do except remember those that made an impact on your life.” She pauses for a moment, ” I am not sure about Max, some folks I was talking to say he left the 13th outside Whykin... Tell you what kid, when I find him I’ll tell him you said hi.”

Alex wipes a few tears and looks at her and then at his PA, ” I... I can go with you and help you.”

She gives him a nuzzle on his cheek, ” You got people who are counting on you. Max is my responsibity. I hear you got a top secret mission no? Best you see it through...”. She laughs slightly and whispers, ” Besides kid I see how you look at the one called Heather...” She pats him one more time and heads off.

Alex smiles slightly and pulls out a tool kit from his cybernetic leg and keeps working on his PA. Once done he radio’s Missouri, ” Locked and Loaded Missouri say tghe word and I am ready to roll... Oh if you want me try to dystroy the book let me know.”
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Vielar nods at Dominic. "Yeah, you're right. Like Gaspard said, it's probably smarter to leave the book here under guard until we find out what to do with it. Higher ups don't want it though. So here we are, you all, me, marching to the orders." He cocks his head to the side a little. "Well, you're marching. I'm just beatin' the drum here. But if you got a better idea, I'm all ears." He points to his pointed ears and gives a halfway, forced, sarcastic laugh, which he cuts quite short when Alex loses his cool.
Vielar holds his hands up. "Hey, kid, I get it. Meant nothing by it. If you knew Fundin as long as I have, you know he'd probably get a gas out of having his name attached to an inside joke, as long as the valiant death was the serious part of the story. But you're right. Probably too soon." He shakes his head as Alex storms out of the meeting room. "Kid's intense. Hate to say, but it's probably not his only taste of losing a part of the group. We're in a dangerous business. Nobody lives forever. Well...I might." He winks. "Back to you, packrat. You're worried pulling the book out in the middle of the library is gonna raise a fuss? Easy. Leave it stowed. Problem solved...well, delayed, at least." He gives an indifferent shrug. "Any other questions?"
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Castle Refuge
Afternoon
Round 0

Heather sat quietly, listening to the briefing. She looked at the tome when Vielar put it on the table. Some of the others glanced through it, so with a finger gesture, Heather telekinetically pulled it toward her and flipped through the pages.

Heather wasn’t a mage, so though she knew enough magic to read through and understand the rituals, they held no power for her, gave her nothing like the nightmares Gaspard had claimed. She was interested in getting a look at the Collegiate library though.

“We will get the job done, sir,” Heather promised, closing the book with her mind and pushing it again toward Dominic. She had to bite her tongue to keep from giving orders to the team. She wasn’t in charge this mission.

Heather glanced over when Alex left. With half her mind on the continuing briefing, the other half reached out to contact Alex.

You okay, Alex? Heather sent telepathically to the boy. Want to talk about it? She didn’t want to leave the briefing yet, to go to him, but they could talk like this until the briefing finished.
Telepathy
I can roll for this if you want, or we can just RP it.
Mission - Missouri is the lead
Go to Collegiate Arcane and Magic Guild in Merctown
Contact girl named Lanasa to get access.
Find information on how to destroy the Bleak Tome.
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Bennies: 4/3
Encumbrance: 28/28 (including pack, 70.75/28, -2 Agility and Strength skills)
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Shard Pistol: 36/36 shots
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Joseph Cook »

Unlike some of the others, Joseph refuses to touch the Bleak Tome, having had bad experiences with such things. "You know, it just might be better to take it with us. This place is pretty open, and all sorts of types live in the Castle. Why just the other day I saw a brodkil demon shoving peanuts into his big stupid face making a huge mess everywhere..."
Gaspard Gillead

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

Gaspard listens to the litany of Castle Refuge's many security breaches with growing bemusement. "Well, then, it sounds like we're the best choice after all. Very well, then, I guess I'll meet the rest of you at the vehicle. I'll have Perdi bring my gear."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Gill

Post by Gill »

Gill has a lot of business to be about while in town. it is a great time to catch up with his friends and check in on the center to ensure meditations are going well.

Catching up with the Harmonious and explaining to them what he was allowed to about his trip he uses the various things that happened as teaching points. "Curatrix was a great friend an ally, able to save my life more than once." He says patting his friends arm. As usual Curatrix says nothing only nodding down at his charge and resuming his own alert over-watch of the room.

"You should let some of us go with you Ganadril, we could help if you get caught in a battle again." Franco says.

Tyrone nodding in agreement. "You should. Amber, Andy and Franco all have the kind of skills needed out there."

Gill nods. "No, it is not time yet. There may be a time, but soon they will be calling us in short on our leave for something important. and I still need you my inner circle to run things here and make sure people has a resource to call on if meditation is needed." turning his attention fully on Bobbie he says. "Bobbie, here is some funds I acquired while on the mission. Please see what you can do to help out the Harmony and the team."

Gill was already on his way to the meeting when the message came for meeting for the new assignment. Listening to the lecture and the conversation his only questions was. "A book like this, with this evil aura will attract the attention of many evil beings. Do you have a way to conceal such as aura Dominic or will we need help from Refuge with this issue?"
OOC Comments
@Venatus Vinco
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck

Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero X Kalvin had only been in Refuge for less than a day with no exploration. Having left the motorpool, he wandered through Refuge, letting his Psychic Sense guide him from individual to item to mysterious location. He wandered that way for the better part of two days.

On his second day he stode outside a small four stooled food cart with an asian woman serving noodles. It was early evening and his "other" stomach was growling. The asian woman beckoned him to come closer. "I serve all. You hungry. I feed you."

Xero looked around, assuming she was talking to someone else. No one else was even on the street. The asian woman did have one guest slouched over on the counter.

His hunger was gnawing at him and the asian woman mentioning food makes him aware of PPE/ISP around her. Xero walks up to the third stool as the second is occupied by a non-descript stranger. The asian woman leans in close and points at her other guest, "He won't mind."

When Xero looks down at the counter, the asian woman has pulled the non-descript stranger's right arm across the counter. Looking from the asian woman to the the other guest, Xero finds himself holding his vibroknife in his left hand and his face mere inches from the stranger's arm. The proximity to the stranger sends his Psychic Senses tickings like a pre-Rifts Geiger Counter.

With a nodding approval from the noodle cart matron, Xero slices into the forearm with ease and then laps up the power infused blood. The blood has a strange rotten-egg taste to it and is way thicker than other blood he has encountered. His hunger filled, Xero sits up.

The asian woman pats the slumped over stranger, "When the Architect is finsihed with him, maybe the Architect can help you find your dragon."

Before Xero can say anything, a messenger on a hover cycle arrives and hands over a note requesting Xero. As he is getting ready to speak, the asian woman speaks again, "No good byes. You need go."

Turning to the messenger, the messenger pats the seat behind him. Xero settles himself on the seat and looks to the noodle shop, which he is surprised to see is no longer there.

Once again before he can speak, action silences the words he would have spoken, as the messnger revs the cycle and begins zipping through traffic and down various steets to arrive at the designated meeting.

Once to the Halls of Arcane Studies in Castle Refuge, Xero navigates the winding halls to arrive at the Chamber of Setnaja.
Xero X Kalvin
Xero X Kalvin Novice Psi-Stalker Chiller
Parry: 4 || Toughness: 4
ISP: 20/20
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card(s):
  • Cutting In Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest..
Alex

Post by Alex »

Telepathy for Heather
@Heather Todd Talk? What is there to talk about Heather? That Elfhole is going to get a fusion missile up his rear. All those late night chats Fundin gave me about how to best support this group... He... He told me to protect you... You guys. No one talks about Fundin like that.
Alex seems angry.
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Vielar nods at Joseph. "Yeah, the brodkil. That one even creeps me out, and I'm as open-minded as you'll find between two pointy ears. He's one of the ones who brought the book back though. Guess he's not all bad?" He shudders. "Still, a silver blade and some magic to back me up are nice to have when he goes lumbering by. Can't trust a demon, even one that likes peanuts."
The elf turns to Gill. "I assume Mr. Mystic Pocket can take care of it, but if ya need anything, better let me know soon. Requisitions aren't just snap-your-fingers things." He snaps his fingers, and a pile of precious jewels appears on the table. He waits until someone reaches, then releases the illusion with a snicker. "Heh. Gets 'em every time!"
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Gill

Post by Gill »

Frowning at the words and what they represent in the hearts of the team members Gill says. "I heard a rumor he has chosen for redemption and his choice was validated by a celestial of some sort. Can the same be said for many others here?"
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck

Wounds: 0 of 3
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri the half-week playing with new toys, shopping, sleeping and drinking. He kept himself busy, finding that the best cure to not sitting and thinking (or brooding) about the past. The last mission hadn't been particularly pleasant in some regards so he preferred to try and just move on.

He was only slightly annoyed when called in for an emergency briefing - mostly he was a little relieved and excited to get back out of Castle Refuge and do something. The elf was certainly...interestingly dressed, though the D'Norr done up like an old vid character wouldn't be the first one to throw stones. Down to business fast, Missouri liked that. His lip curled a bit at the book that was described. That sounded like bad news. His eyebrows rose - an indestructible evil book? That was worse.

Collegiate Arcane & Magic Guild? THAT sounded promising for more than just the mission! He leaned forward eagerly. His eyes narrowed and looked over at Dominic with an unhappy face as he was included and to be hiding/handling the book. Missouri didn't trust the greedy son of a bitch and didn't like that Dom would be in charge of the book - especially since he didn't seem the type to like taking orders, more like ignoring them would be his thing.

Then the other shoe dropped - speaking of orders. HE was in charge of the mission? He couldn't keep the surprise off of his face. "Uh...okay." Oh joy. Good times. Plus they would likely be hounded the entire way there AND they still had to find someone who wasn't in all the good with the Guild to help get them in! Ugh.

Alex beat him to it when he jumped verbally on the elf for Fundin. He shook his head. Not off to a great start. Wisely, he choose not to look in the book himself. Better that way. He looked over at Dominic. "Can I trust that you'll actually hand the book back over when it's time, and not try to sell it to the highest bidder?" His tone was a bit light, indicating he might be joking, but his eyes were serious.

In surprise, he leaned towards the jewels that appeared out of thin air, just curious to see what they were, if they were real, or maybe even magical - but they disappeared in an instant. He smirked.
Missouri Smith
Character Summary
D'Norr A.R.E.S. Archaeologist

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Parry: 7; Toughness: 21(11)
Weapons: TK Machinegun; Shard Pistol; TW Energy Whip

Edges: AB Magic, Attractive, Rapid Recharge, Strong Willed, Wizard

Charisma: +3 (-4 w/Coalition)

Bennies: 4

PPE: 25/20
Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Quickness, Slumber

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Currently playing in: Tomorrow Legion: 12th AAT - The Dirty Dozen
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Castle Refuge
Afternoon
Round 0

Heather frowned as she found that her telepathy wouldn’t reach outside the room. They had some powerful anti-spying spells around the place if it blocked her telepathy. She would have to find Alex and talk to him later.

“You will do fine, Missouri,” Heather said. “At least you don’t have to decide whether to keep or destroy the book.” She gave a wry smile.

[LATER]

Exiting the room after the meeting, Heather reached out for Alex.

I understand your anger, Alex. His words were poorly spoken, but he meant nothing by it. He was apologetic. And I thank you for protecting me. I thought you were very brave. Do you need any help? What are you working on?”

Heather wasn’t much of a mechanic, but she knew the difference between a wrench and a screwdriver. She would make herself available for Alex to work out his frustrations if he wanted.

Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Dominic Skodati

Post by Dominic Skodati »

Missouri wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:01 pm Alex beat him to it when he jumped verbally on the elf for Fundin. He shook his head. Not off to a great start. Wisely, he choose not to look in the book himself. Better that way. He looked over at Dominic. "Can I trust that you'll actually hand the book back over when it's time, and not try to sell it to the highest bidder?" His tone was a bit light, indicating he might be joking, but his eyes were serious.
Trust no one. Dom thought in his mind, but instead met the man's gaze and replies in his best hero-goody-two-shoes voice - which unfortunately sounds a lot like his sarcastic ass hat voice. "You won't have to worry about me. For their to be a bidder means someone knows we have it. In which case they won't be bidding they'll be taking and we'll probably be dead. Do I know people who would want this thing? Yeah. Do I want them to have it? Hell no."

If anything, I should keep it for myself. You never known when Mondain or some other supernatural intelligence will make a play for my dimension.
Alex

Post by Alex »

[Later]
@Heather Todd Later Alex seems a bit calmer. I am doing better. I ran into someone that knew my old partner Max. I was able to clear my head. I am out in the motor pool where they keep the power armors and Robot Armors. I used to work on Nadine this big beautiful Titan. Can you beleive we even rigged a tanned Dino bladder as a squirt gun for emergency anti vampire suppression. His thoughts grow quiet. This down time stuff, reflection just makes me miss them- The 13th... Uh anyways... Uh... Uh... Burn it Alex why do you have trouble talking to pretty women... Just ask her to come down... Burn me she can hear me! His thoughts grow silient...
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Castle Refuge
Afternoon
Round 0

Heather smiled. She made her way down to the garage where Alex was working. There wasn’t much she could do to help except hand tools, but she could be a listening voice and a bit of company.

“I’ve heard of the 13th. Well, everyone has. They’re legendary,” Heather said to Alex. “I can’t believe you ran with them.” She chuckled. “The ladies in HR talk about Jude a lot.” She sat cross legged on a nearby chair, floating tools over with her mind when Alex asked for them. “You’re really amazing at this,” Heather complimented, gesturing to the piece he was fixing.
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Alex

Post by Alex »

Heather Todd wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:03 am Castle Refuge
Afternoon
Round 0

Heather smiled. She made her way down to the garage where Alex was working. There wasn’t much she could do to help except hand tools, but she could be a listening voice and a bit of company.

“I’ve heard of the 13th. Well, everyone has. They’re legendary,” Heather said to Alex. “I can’t believe you ran with them.” She chuckled. “The ladies in HR talk about Jude a lot.” She sat cross legged on a nearby chair, floating tools over with her mind when Alex asked for them. “You’re really amazing at this,” Heather complimented, gesturing to the piece he was fixing.
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Its nice to have a friend. Alex finds it easy to snatch the tools out of the air as heather floats them over. He looks at his suit giving it a once over as it looks brand new. He adds a few crystals and gagets to it and grins at Heather, ” Thanks Heather. I didn’t do much for the 13th really. Helpped them out in Gloom a bit, but I think thry might have thought I was more trouble than I was worth.” He gives her a sly wink. He polishes the last bit of the leg and continues quietly, ” When we first met you seemed to know this mind melter Charlie that got inside my head in Gloom. He made me do things I still have nightmares about.”

He frowns not sure how to proceed, ” I ah... I was wondering if you really knew him?”
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Everett Jackson »

1:45 PM, day of the briefing

"Despierta, Amigo! Ze cybearware is ready! I am done with ze peeking. Yes, yes muy bueno," Dr. Anomaly says as Everett wakes up.

The doctor continues, "Perhaps you should make with the hurrying, yes? Our friend is saying that you are having very important meeting at 2:00 pm today. It is 1:45 pm. Good bye. I do not think you vill be seeing me soon. Non, non...I am going home. I learned very much from your uniqueness this past week. Thank you."

"Wha..huh? FIFTEEN MINUTES? Wait, a week?" Everett shouts after the doc, but he is already leaving the room.

Everett shows up to the meeting roughly ten minutes late. His shoulders are drooping, his eyes are baggy and he looks absolutely terrible.

In Elvish - completely unintentionally - Everett tells Lt. Vielar, "I appologize for my tardiness. I only found out very recently about the briefing. Twenty five minutes ago, actually."

Everett turns to find an unoccupied seat and sits down.

When the lieutenant gives the book to Dom, Everett raises his hand to ask, this time in Faerie Speak, "Yes, that is a useful ability. But isn't Dom's magical bag simply unseen? It still exists on this plane, and if my limited understanding of magic is correct, shouldn't a simple examination by an appropriately gifted practitioner locate the bag, if not its contents? And also, aren't we heading to an academy brimming with those so gifted? I suppose hide in plain sight could have some merrit here, but still. Arcane types are insatiably curious."

While the book is being passed about, Everett drops it on the floor and rears Balitrox over his head. The dull red glow from Balitrox intensifies. Everett brings the axe down with all of his strength and a burst of arcane energy hits the book when the head of the axe connects with it.

Everett waits for the meeting to end, and then he asks Lt. Vielar, this time in American, "So I don't need much. If someone could fix my cybereyes, that'd be great. I caught a rail gun burst to my temple during our last mission, and my eyes have been glitching ever since. Otherwise, if I could get some ammo for my rail guns and maybe some rockets for my launcher, I'd be set."
Everett Jackson, Titan Juicer
Everett, Human Titan Juicer
Pace: 10(d8); Parry: 8(1) Toughness: 24(9)
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Balitrox's PPE: 5/5
Bennies: 4/3; Internal Repair System: 3/3
Burn: 6/8
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Castle Refuge
Afternoon
Round 0

Heather laughed at Alex’s sly wink. “Hey, you lost your leg in Gloom,” she said. “I’d say that makes you a hero.” She leaned in to give him a kiss on his forehead before leaning back and telekinetically helping Alex clean up the tools and work area.

Heather grew quiet when Alex mentioned Charlie. “I know him,” she finally replied, looking off into the distance. “My village was in the Appalachians, on the edge of Federation territory. They were looking to expand. Our village didn’t want to submit, so they chose to make an example of us. Charlie was in the group that came to our village. I watched him and his team kill most of my family.”

Heather trembled a bit. “Charlie...saw my potential. I was young and pretty. He...decided to have fun with me. Took me off with him. He taught me about my powers, what I could do. He liked it when I fought back. But I was never strong enough. Until my sister finally tracked us down and rescued me.”

Heather took a breath. “Anyway, I don’t like to think about him.” She wiped at her eyes, her voice thick, and stood up, wiping her hands on her jeans.
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Vielar gawks a little bit as Everett's elven apology comes out as eloquent as a lifelong native speaker. "I...uh...your dossier..." He blinks a few times, looks down at his files, and back to the hulking human. "Uh...that's okay, I guess?" He continues with his briefing, but throws the occasional side-eye as a new language spews out of the cyber-man's mouth. Ol' Snake Eyes' files are squibbed. Must be new tech. He clears his throat, and speaks. "We got cyber docs on call. They'll have you patched up before you hit the road."
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Everett Jackson »

Everett smile a big dopey smile at the Lieutenant and says, in American, "Sorry, I'm fresh off the table and I haven't quite adjusted to the new 'ware. And it feels like Dr. Anomaly took me completely apart and put me back together. I'd rather have had our man Digrig run over me with his ride a couple times than go through this. That's saying something, considering I took a direct hit from a rocket during our last assignment."

With his repairs approved, Everett sighs in relief and says, "Thank you! You have no idea how annoying it is to have a glitchy cybereye."
Everett Jackson, Titan Juicer
Everett, Human Titan Juicer
Pace: 10(d8); Parry: 8(1) Toughness: 24(9)
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Balitrox's PPE: 5/5
Bennies: 4/3; Internal Repair System: 3/3
Burn: 6/8
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.

Return to “Adventure Archive”