The Bleak Tome - Next stop, MercTown!

Snake Eyes
Game Master

The Bleak Tome - Next stop, MercTown!

Post by Snake Eyes »

MOTOR POOL
THE NEXT DAY

You assemble in the morning at the motor pool. The zone ranger you're looking for is definitely set apart from the others. The crew cab is easily double the size of a stock ZR, and the rear wheels have been set back to accommodate the increased bulk.
zone 2.jpg
A large fellow slides out from the undercarriage, stands up, and wipes the grease from his hands as he faces you. He extends a hand. It is clear, based on his skin tone and features, that he's a half orc.
Digrig.jpg
He speaks with a deep rumble in his voice, but the heavy vocal tone and brutish appearance belie a sharp mind. "I'm Digrig. I'm yer driver. Miss Silverforge's Dirty Dozen Special is yer chariot. Gear goes in back." He looks Everett straight in the eye, neither one losing an inch of height to the other. "Grew yer big, didn't they? Yer mama must be strong." He grins and reaches a hand for a shake, then fumbles a little as he's not sure which hand to reach for. "Yer got more hands than me, too. Heh."
The large half-orc smiles a warm, if maybe a little dopey, smile at Heather. "Little lady. I'll help yer with yer gear, an' I'll make sure yer ride is smooth." The rest of the crew he regards with nods and salutes as appropriate. He bows his head a little at Missouri's approach. "I been told yer the boss. I got yer seat dusted off an' ready. Yer ridin' aside of me. Shotgun, they call it. Don't make sense unless yer carryin' a shotgun. I carry Sharlene when I'm not drivin'. Don't bet yer can handle her. Yer maybe small fer her."
True to his word, he personally loads any gear Heather doesn't TK into the vehicle, and he ensures she gets her choice of spot in the cabin with the exception of the co-pilot's chair, going so far as to physically block any of the other members of the team from boarding if they get impatient. "Lady's first." Once all are loaded, he clambers into the driver's seat. You realize now who Sharlene is. A TW-converted mini railgun rests in a custom bracket next to the driver's seat. Engraved in silver into the body of the weapon is the name "Sharlene".
He closes his eyes a moment, then the vehicle hums to life. "Lady calls the stops. Rest of yer can hold it til she does." He grins, then taps the throttle, the whole ride humming forward with minimal body pitch. The zone ranger rolls at a leisurely clip until the gates of the Castle are behind, then the half-orc hammers down, picking up the pace. "Next stop MercTown, yeah?"
Over the next day, Digrig talks. A lot. No subject is off limits. He discusses the Silverforge custom zone ranger, the modifications installed, bathroom breaks, favorite foods. He doesn't know why you're going to MercTown or what you're carrying. He does know that there's a great place to get rhino-buffalo ribs there. "Only problem yer gonna have is yer gear. Most of yer stuff they'll let yer keep. Yer power suit an' yer railguns get locked up. MercTown cops don't care what else yer carryin'. Figger yer can stow yer gear in the zone here. I'll keep yer stuff locked up an' parked outside town. Sneakin' stuff in ain't smart an' ain't likely."
The next day of travel isn't as smooth. You're humming along at a good clip until the early afternoon. The skies darken and you find yourself in the middle of a nasty thunderstorm. High winds howl, rain beats on the shell of the zone ranger, and flashes of lightning play havoc with the already poor visibility. Digrig curses the weather as he plows through the muddy road. All of a sudden, he stands on the brakes, skidding the whole ride to a stop. "SHAT!"
Through the sideways rain and silhouetted by flashes of lightning, you see several monstrous forms blocking and flanking the zone ranger. They appear to be roughly the shape of bears, although swollen to a frightening size and...glowing.
branded bear.jpg
Digrig moves quickly to throw the ride in reverse, but his rear view shows the same picture - you are surrounded! "Ain't seen them things before. They don't look like they eat plants!"

QUICK COMBAT!
You are facing 15 monstrous, glowing bears. They are slightly smaller than rhino-buffalos (size 5) but are individually capable of tearing the zone ranger to scrap. They are not responsive to Xero's attempts to calm them, indicating either intelligence or magical composition. And they are charging the vehicle. Digrig has nowhere he can drive to evade them. Time to bail out and deal with them the old fashioned way!
Scene modifier: -4, 15 successes needed. For every success you come up short, I will roll and assign a wound to a random character OR to the vehicle. Soaking is permitted as normal once wounds are assigned.
Damage is not being tracked here for the enemy. It's a straight number of successes task, so don't bother with damage rolls. Resources, however, will be tracked.
  • A critical failure means you were not able to help the group succeed. In fact, your bungling cost them one success! Take 1d3 wounds for your trouble. Roll better next time!
  • On a failure, you use up 3d6 power points spent or charges from your weapon, as appropriate. Take a wound.
  • Success, you did a good job, maybe not a legendary victory, but you did what was required to save the day. You spent 2d6 ammo or power points. Roll Vigor (no modifier). Success means you survived untouched. Failure, take a wound.
  • Success with raise, your contribution is legendary. You spent 1d6 ammo or power points. Take a benny and narrate your awesomeness!
  • No matter what you roll, please leave something for everyone else to do.
Notice roll at -12, no bonuses apply
Through the chaos of combat, a well-timed flash of lightning and a random glance up a ridge to the right of the zone ranger reveal a hidden humanoid form. You see nothing more than a silhouette against a tree, but it is unmistakably someone or something watching you. As if the thing realizes you've seen it, it turns and vanishes into the storm-created dusk.
Gill Notice roll at -8, no other bonuses apply
Through the chaos of combat, a well-timed flash of lightning and a random glance up a ridge to the right of the zone ranger reveal a hidden humanoid form. You see nothing more than a silhouette against a tree, but it is unmistakably someone watching you. They have a supernatural aura, betraying themselves to your mystic awareness. Whatever it is, it knows you've spotted it. With a magical flourish, it turns and vanishes into the night.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Joseph Cook
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: The Bleak Tome - Next stop, MercTown!

Post by Joseph Cook »

2 sux
WIP
Notice [dice:2y5ig8vk]46965:0[/dice:2y5ig8vk]
Wild Die [dice:2y5ig8vk]46965:1[/dice:2y5ig8vk]
Spellcasting [dice:2y5ig8vk]46965:2[/dice:2y5ig8vk] -4 scene modifier
Wild Die [dice:2y5ig8vk]46965:3[/dice:2y5ig8vk]
Extra Effort [dice:2y5ig8vk]46965:4[/dice:2y5ig8vk]
Power Points expended [dice:2y5ig8vk]46965:5[/dice:2y5ig8vk]
As soon as they get into the mountaineer Joseph takes his helmet off and immediately falls asleep. He sleeps the sleep of the just in spite of his propensity to light people on fire and hack them into pieces. He's been asleep for a good amount of time when the Mountaineer comes to an abrupt stop. He opens his eyes, and assesses the situation. As soon as he sees that they are surrounded he puts his helmet on and blinks out from the mountaineer, reappearing in the midst of the scare bears. He moves amongst them, gracefully hacking bits and pieces off of the beast while deftly dodging their attacks. At times he is a blur, moving the Battle Fury Blade impossibly, blood spraying from each spot it touches.
Last edited by Joseph Cook on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gaspard Gillead

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

Spellcasting 17, +4 to group total
Starting PPE: 24/25, Bennies 3/3

Longshot Notice
Notice [dice:vqx0abzx]46970:0[/dice:vqx0abzx]
Wild Notice [dice:vqx0abzx]46970:1[/dice:vqx0abzx]
Perdi Notice [dice:vqx0abzx]46970:2[/dice:vqx0abzx]

Quick Combat
Scene Modifier -4
Spellcasting [dice:vqx0abzx]46970:3[/dice:vqx0abzx]
Wild Spellcasting [dice:vqx0abzx]46970:4[/dice:vqx0abzx]
ACE [dice:vqx0abzx]46970:5[/dice:vqx0abzx]
4 successes, +1 Benny (4/3)

PPE used [dice:vqx0abzx]46970:6[/dice:vqx0abzx]

Perdi is ordered to stay in the truck, because d8-4 is just gonna get him killed with no good effect anyway. :P

Final PPE: 22/25
Gaspard gets out of the vehicle, barking an order at Perditione. "Stay in the truck, lummox. I don't got time to re-summon you after these things open your guts up to the storm." Then he turns to the bears, scowling at their unnatural presence. "These were sent, I'd bet my horns on it."

Over the next few, intense moments, he begins unleashing a hail of different elemental strikes on the creatures, testing their defenses; once he has one he is confident of, he focuses on that for the remainder of the battle, occasionally drawing power from the beasts if there is any to be had to replenish his own store. He also shares the intel gathered about their vulnerabilities to his allies.
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Alex

Post by Alex »

Time to be a hero.

Alex barely says a word to the new driver prefferimg to keep to himself and not make friends with him. Loosing F was enough. He does take note about his lack of PA going in to merc town. He mumbles something about not being useful on this job.

When the bear demon things bar their path and attack he kid figures he might as well just use his fisty-Kuffs and fight the creatures with his bare hands. The kid clocks one in the face dazzing it.
Fighting 7
Fighting d8: [dice:4eu2oq8p]46971:0[/dice:4eu2oq8p] wild [dice:4eu2oq8p]46971:1[/dice:4eu2oq8p] benny for extra effort: [dice:4eu2oq8p]46971:2[/dice:4eu2oq8p]
Vigor [dice:4eu2oq8p]46971:3[/dice:4eu2oq8p] wild [dice:4eu2oq8p]46971:4[/dice:4eu2oq8p]
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Gill

Post by Gill »

WIP

Gill knows his role is primarily support and healing, but the monsters do not. As Curatrix sets to work protecting Gill and the vehicle Gill ensure his healing powers are used to the best of his ability.
12 3 Successes
Healing (includes +2 from Signature Item) 1d8+3-4 = 1d8-1
Faith [dice:1016oop0]46979:0[/dice:1016oop0] Ace [dice:1016oop0]46979:2[/dice:1016oop0]
Wild [dice:1016oop0]46979:1[/dice:1016oop0]

Does Curatrix get a roll?
GM EDIT: YES
Gill Chaos Master (Rob T)
Gill Chaos Master
Race: Human
Iconic Framework: MARS Vagabond
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: 6 (d6 running); Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (6)
Skills: North American d8 (Native), Notice (Smarts) d10 [/color] All Others d6

Gill's Resources
Bennies: 7
  • +5 Quarter Begins + Great Luck

Wounds: 0 of 3
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 30/30
    Magic PPE: 15 of 15
    Miracles PPE: 10 of 10
    Psionic ISP: 10 of 10
    Techno Pool: 15 of 15

Active Effects:
    Awesomeness +9,000
Curatrix - Avatar of The Chaos
Curatrix - Avatar of The Earth
Race: Avatar of The Earth
Iconic Framework: Intelligent Construct
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d12+5 (2.5 tons/10 tons), Vigor d12+2
Pace: 0; Parry: 8/11; Toughness: 41 (20); Size: 3 (10' tall 2,000 lbs)
Skills: Athletics d12+2, Common Knowledge d4, Fighting d12+2, Focus d6+2, Notice d4+2 (multi spectrum), Occult d6+2, Persuasion d4, Shooting d8, Stealth d4

Curatrix' Resources
Bennies: 2
  • +2 Quarter Begins

Wounds: 0 of 5 (Ignores all Wound Penalties)
    Fatigue: 0 of 2
    Focus Pool: 15/15
Active Effects:
Awesomeness +9,000
Dominic Skodati

Post by Dominic Skodati »

One thing about the briefing really bugs Dom: driving. The idea of moving slowly along the ground, jammed into an ATV with this lot smell like fury beetle dung. Why don't we just portal to MercTown? There's a ley line running through the place for frak's sake. Nonetheless he keeps his comments to himself, a little road trip might give him some time to study the book and figure out what they're dealing with so they don't waste time at the library sniffing up the wrong asshole.

Arriving at the motorpool and meeting their driver Dom scowls, Portal is looking better and better. Maybe I can offer to be an advance scout and meet them there. I bet he stinks, all the orcs in the 'brubs stunk like raw fish. When the opc starts prattling on about procedures at MercTown Dom tunes him out. The Rift Runner has been there before...in fact he knows that the Collegiate Arcana library contains knowledge beyond just their current mission. He slowly begins to formulate a plan for a little side hustle from while he is there.

Despite his reservations he keeps his mouth shut and gets on board, during the trip he keeps to himself not saying much other than the occasional unhelpful piece of driving advice. Most of his time he studies the book and - when no one's around - reading it. Until, of course, they are ambushed.

I knew we should have used a portal!
Notice 9
Notice [dice:21erxljs]47015:0[/dice:21erxljs]
Wild [dice:21erxljs]47015:1[/dice:21erxljs]
Ace: [dice:21erxljs]47015:4[/dice:21erxljs]
Grunting with frustrating he mystically conceals the book and jumps out of the transport to help fend off the vicious, drooling, mystical beasts. He gives them the eyeball to see if they have any weaknesses before taking to the shadows to flank them. One thing I can do is fight in the dark. Armed with his new knofe and spells, Dom melds into the inky blackess, popping in and out over cover to trike with his knife. He offers for anyone who wants to ride the shadows with him.

"Come on, I can get us on their flank."
Spellcasting 6, +1 Success
Spellcasting [dice:21erxljs]47015:2[/dice:21erxljs]
Ace [dice:21erxljs]47015:5[/dice:21erxljs]
Wild [dice:21erxljs]47015:3[/dice:21erxljs]
Ace [dice:21erxljs]47015:6[/dice:21erxljs]
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex watches the new guy, some dark know-it-all bedfellow of setnija’s. Why is he even with us? Popping in and out of the shadows like that... Seems familiar. My dad used to bring me arround to shops in the burbs. There was this guy, almost like Dominic except a ton cooler. Used to come arround and talk to a butter troll named Larry. Seems like a life time ago and I really wish I got his name back then. Well I guess we are stuck with Dominic, burn me. Alex coninues his bobbing and weaving going all boxcraft on one of the animals.
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Everett Jackson »

Everett greets Digrig in Goblinese with a culturally appropriate handshake, "Well met! Digrig I assume? You're a big one yourself. The good ol' US of A put only the finest of what tax payers dollars could buy, you'd call them creds, into me. Ill stash my gear in the back, of course, but I hope you don't mind if I keep Bali with me?"

Everett hefts the axe onto his shoulder and says, "He gets a bit lonely and then ornery if he's not with me."

After taking his seat, Everett ogles Sharlene. Still in goblinese, he asks Digrig, "My god, she's a beauty. I don't suppose if we get some downtime I could test Sharlene out? I'll have to introduce you to Manuella, Trixie, and Minnie later."

"Jesus Christ, those things are huge. I'll jump out and rush the biggest group of them. Don't worry about me, I'll handle myself. Make sure Curatrix and Perditone protect everyone. You too, if you don't have a better idea, Alex," Everett says as he kicks the door open and rushes out with Balitrox and Minnie, his mini railgun, in hand.

'Finally...You have ignored me far too long, useless sack of flesh. I hunger. Let me drink the blood of these corrupt creatures!

Notice -5
Notice: [dice:2wexukfu]47028:0[/dice:2wexukfu] (1d12+1, -12)
Wild: [dice:2wexukfu]47028:1[/dice:2wexukfu]
Everett runs towards the most concentrated number of the bear creatures and firmly sets his feet. With Balitrox in his meat hands, he readies himself to weather their charge. With his metal hands, he unleashes salvo after salvo of railgun ammunition against the creatures.

They are tough, but not that tough. When they close with him, Everett fends them off with Balitrox and instead focuses on killing the bears attacking his teammates.

Shooting 14, +1 Benny, -1 Benny, -2 Ammo
A bit of OOC: Everett literally does not move once he starts shooting. He tussles with the bears, but unless knocked around he stands strong. (This is to get the benefit of Rock and Roll! and I am more than willing to accept consequences for it if deemed necessary).

Shooting: [dice:2wexukfu]47028:2[/dice:2wexukfu] + 2 = 5 (-4 Scene, +2 Size)
Wild: [dice:2wexukfu]47028:3[/dice:2wexukfu] Ace: [dice:2wexukfu]47028:4[/dice:2wexukfu] + 2 = 10
EE: [dice:2wexukfu]47028:6[/dice:2wexukfu]
Ammo: [dice:2wexukfu]47028:5[/dice:2wexukfu]
Everett guts one bear with Balitrox, and the axe thirsts for more.

'Yes, YES! The taste of these creatures..delicious. They are unnatural. More, give me more!'

A bear grabs Everett from behind and tries to bite into his shoulder, but he ignores it and continues shooting. His team needs his help more than he needs to get this bear off of himself.

Trixie jams up, so he lets her drop to her strap and begins tussling with the bears with his metal hands and using his meat hands to swing Balitrox at them.
Everett Jackson, Titan Juicer
Everett, Human Titan Juicer
Pace: 10(d8); Parry: 8(1) Toughness: 24(9)
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Balitrox's PPE: 5/5
Bennies: 4/3; Internal Repair System: 3/3
Burn: 6/8
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Notice -1
-12 difficulty
Notice [dice:w5h91pep]47067:0[/dice:w5h91pep]
Ace [dice:w5h91pep]47067:2[/dice:w5h91pep]
Wild [dice:w5h91pep]47067:1[/dice:w5h91pep]
Psionics 4; 1 success
-4 difficulty
Psionics [dice:w5h91pep]47067:3[/dice:w5h91pep]
Wild [dice:w5h91pep]47067:4[/dice:w5h91pep]
Road to Merctown
Afternoon
Round 0

Heather fitted on her armor and packed some spare underwear and clothes in her pack, along with the standard gear. She fitted out the grenades she had remaining and slipped her shard pistol and fireburst rifle. The gear was heavier than she really could easily carry, but most of the time it would stay in the transport. And they were just going to a library anyway.

Heather walked down to the motorpool and saw their transport, watching the large half orc pull himself from underneath.

"Little lady. I'll help yer with yer gear, an' I'll make sure yer ride is smooth," the half orc said.

“Good morning, Digrig, and thank you,” Heather greeted with a smile. She handed him her things to put in the back, but dug out her tablet so she could read on the way, taking a window seat for the light thanks to Digrig’s courtesy.

“I do hope everyone went before we leave,” Heather commented.

She listened with half an ear to Digrig’s constant stream of conversation. It was a bit annoying when she was constantly pulled out of her book, but she wouldn’t be rude about it. Occasionally she took a nap when her eyes grew tired.

The second day was a bit worse with a bad thunderstorm in the afternoon. And then came the giant glowing mutated bears.

“Oh, bother.”

Heather slipped on her helmet and stepped outside. She focused on trying to keep the bears at bay, picking them up, throwing them, shoving them back with her mind. One got through and bit on Everett. Heather spun, pulling the bear away and throwing it at another as the rain poured down over her black stealth armor.

“Keep close together! Watch each other’s flanks!” Heather called out.
Mission - Missouri is the lead
Go to Collegiate Arcane and Magic Guild in Merctown
Contact girl named Lanasa to get access.
Find information on how to destroy the Bleak Tome.
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Bennies: 4/3
Encumbrance: 28/28 (including pack, 70.75/28, -2 Agility and Strength skills)
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Shard Pistol: 36/36 shots
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri had looked UP at Digrig when they'd first met him, a half-smile sliding on to his face. He chuckled at the half-orc kind of teasing Everett, and treating Heather with a lot of deference. "Pleased to meet you, Digrig! you look...sturdy!" He nodded his head and indeed took the offered co-pilot/shotgun seat. "If it makes you feel any better, I have FIRED a shotgun before. But I carry around this TK Machinegun now. More bullets are better bullets."

Missouri stepped out of the vehicle with his TK Machinegun in hand. He turned and smoothly set up zones of suppressing fire to keep some of the bear-creatures back while his allies dealt with the ones that got through. Of course, the suppressing fire actually managed to down a few of the bear things as well, much to Missouri's pleased surprise.

One roared and leapt up and over at him. He had to dive and roll away from it to avoid getting smashed, flattened and just generally killed. He fired at the beats from his prone position on his back lying on the ground sending telekinetic bullets in to the thing from below. Then it almost fell on him and he to scramble out of the way!

He slowly stood back up and dusted himself off, looking around to make sure his teammates were okay and intact. "Everyone alright?"

Rolls
Notice at -12 = Not even close.
Notice die [dice:2vh6yexq]47325:0[/dice:2vh6yexq], Wild die [dice:2vh6yexq]47325:1[/dice:2vh6yexq].

Shooting glowing bears (+2 from helmet, -4 from scene) = 9 total.
Shooting die [dice:2vh6yexq]47325:2[/dice:2vh6yexq], Wild die [dice:2vh6yexq]47325:3[/dice:2vh6yexq].
Extra Effort: [dice:2vh6yexq]47325:4[/dice:2vh6yexq].

Ammo used: [dice:2vh6yexq]47325:5[/dice:2vh6yexq].
Missouri Smith
Character Summary
D'Norr A.R.E.S. Archaeologist

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Parry: 7; Toughness: 21(11)
Weapons: TK Machinegun; Shard Pistol; TW Energy Whip

Edges: AB Magic, Attractive, Rapid Recharge, Strong Willed, Wizard

Charisma: +3 (-4 w/Coalition)

Bennies: 4

PPE: 25/20
Powers: Armor, Boost/Lower Trait, Deflection, Quickness, Slumber

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Currently playing in: Tomorrow Legion: 12th AAT - The Dirty Dozen
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero boarded the Zone Ranger and nodded to DigRig. Obviously he is still trying to get accustomed to riding in vehicles. The group gets off to a slow start becuase Xero is constantly getting up and readjusting and repositioning himself.

"You sure there are no quick ports to Merc Town?"

Realizing how fast the Zone ranger moves Xero is quiet until his paranoia of crowds gets the better of him. Just as he is about to shout "Let me out." the vehicle lurches to a stop and Xero is through the nearest exit before DigRig can explain the situation.

Catching his breath outside the Zone Ranger, his senses go a bit haywire. First, the beasts don't respond to his Animal Empathy and second they are giving off such radiant signatures in his Psychic Sense that he decides to disappear if he can while the others deal with the mstic bears.

Stealth 5_
  • Stealth [dice:2bd1gdo6]47345:0[/dice:2bd1gdo6]
  • Wild [dice:2bd1gdo6]47345:1[/dice:2bd1gdo6]
As he begins moving in among the beasts he begins tracking the direction of the summoner.

Psychic Sense/Tracking 12_
  • Tracking [dice:2bd1gdo6]47345:2[/dice:2bd1gdo6]
  • Aced Tracking [dice:2bd1gdo6]47345:5[/dice:2bd1gdo6]
  • Super Aced Tracking [dice:2bd1gdo6]47345:6[/dice:2bd1gdo6]
  • Wild [dice:2bd1gdo6]47345:3[/dice:2bd1gdo6]
    Benny for Extra Effort [1/4]
  • EE [dice:2bd1gdo6]47345:4[/dice:2bd1gdo6]
I bet I could have tracked the summoners of those undead and brodkil and such if they had not been standing right in front of us before.
Xero X Kalvin
Xero X Kalvin Novice Psi-Stalker Chiller
Parry: 4 || Toughness: 4
ISP: 20/20
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Card(s):
  • Cutting In Line: Draw 3 initiative cards and keep the highest..
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

The Dirty Dozen acquits themselves admirably, sustaining minimal damage while dealing unbridled death to the otherworldly bears. As the last of the bears meets its end, riddled with holes and slashes, the glow of the remaining carcasses intensifies briefly, then fades, taking the lifeless bodies into oblivion with not a trace of the creatures ever having been there, save for a few heavy tracks. Digrig speaks up, marveling at the group's proficiency with violence. "Yer ain't weak. Glad yer ridin' with me!" He checks the scanners in the zone ranger, sniffs, and announces. "Yer all clear here. Since yer all outside, yer oughta drain what needs drained. Then yer back on the road."
Notice, Tracking, or Survival
A cursory search of the area shows the tracks of the beasts pressed into the mud, proving that the creatures were at least real. However, they do not seem to have come from anywhere. There are no tracks to or from the area where you found them. It's as if they landed there, or were summoned in place.
You find no other tracks of note in the area.
Kn Arcana
They were definitely summoned, recently, and from nearby.
Instructions
Feel free to RP some investigations or discussion of your findings, but an intensive search of your surroundings finds only what's listed above.
Once everyone answers whatever calls of nature are warranted, Digrig encourages you to mount back up. "Fight didn't cost yer much time, but yer gotta get movin' anyway."
The zone ranger continues hammering towards MercTown. As the wheels go 'round, Digrig expresses some degree of amazement with the battlefield competence of the 12th. "Yer all got some pretty nasty tricks. Yer ever seen anything like 'em things?" He regales you with his own story of his and Sharlene's victory over some crossed up two-headed ogre magi cult, in which he liberated a younger and (even more) impulsive Vielar, who was being prepared as a sacrifice. Or dinner. "Yer weren't much of a meal fer them ogres, but mebbe his soul was on the plate? I dunno."
Once he finishes his story, he presses you for your own tale.

Interlude Time!

Regale Digrig with your own conquest against a particularly fearsome foe, or that time you saw discretion (and retreat) as the better part of valor. What were you fighting for? Did you save a life? Did it cost you anything? Did you bravely run away, away? Roll the d4 if you need some inspiration. Once you post your interlude, take an XP (add it to your sheet immediately, apply any advances gained) and add a benny onto your total for NEXT quarter, or draw an extra adventure card for NEXT quarter.
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Notice 3
Notice [dice:ejx3wbgu]47256:0[/dice:ejx3wbgu]
Wild [dice:ejx3wbgu]47256:1[/dice:ejx3wbgu]
K. Arcana 15
K. Arcana [dice:ejx3wbgu]47256:2[/dice:ejx3wbgu]
Wild [dice:ejx3wbgu]47256:3[/dice:ejx3wbgu]
Ace [dice:ejx3wbgu]47256:4[/dice:ejx3wbgu]
Ace [dice:ejx3wbgu]47256:5[/dice:ejx3wbgu]
Road to Merctown
Afternoon
Round 0
OOC Comments
Assuming someone points out the tracks, since Heather didn’t catch them.
“Someone definitely summoned those bear demons,” Heather observed. “And they would have to be nearby to do so.” She scanned the area around them. “We might want to do a quick search of the area.”

Since they had stopped, Heather took the opportunity to use nature’s facilities. Armor wasn’t all that conducive to bathroom activities, especially for a woman, so it took her a bit longer than the others before she returned.

Heather listened to Digrig’s tale of valiant heroism and smiled. “I actually am not all that familiar with combat,” she admitted. “I joined because I wanted to study, and Erin Tarn’s library is here. Also, my family didn’t have anywhere else to go after the Federation made an example of our village. But I practice with my powers. I guess I impressed someone, because they suggested I join the team. I practiced because I know first hand the evil that magic can do.” She grew quiet and somber. “Half my family was killed by a Federation reprisal squad. We barely escaped, and I was left with my powers locking me in my own head from the trauma.”
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri took a look around, walking slowly in a search pattern out a bit from the vehicle. He couldn't seem to find any tracks so he crouched for a moment and narrowed his eyes. He nodded to himself - they hadn't come up to the vehicle from somewhere else, they had been summoned. And that meant someONE was behind the attack - and it was an attack, not a simple monster hunting party.

He didn't feel comfortable relieving himself in an area where someone had just tried to kill them. He called out to the group, "Actually, we should probably press on. Someone just summoned creatures to try and kill us - we likely shouldn't linger here, y'know?" Having said that, even as some of the group ignored him and wandered off anyway, he mounted back up in to the zone ranger.

He eyed the half-orc after his story was completed and gave a shrug. "Well there was this one time we were hunting this crystal skull-" A glowing, translucent hand appeared out of nowhere to smack him hard across the face. A voice quietly boomed out in front of him from nowhere. "That movie never happened!"

He kept talking on like nothing had happened, though clearly shifted to a different adventure. "-hunting down this golden idol, a magical relic of untold powers from an ancient era. We crept in to this abandoned temple - or at least so we thought!" He went on to tell of a running battle through a trap-infested temple being hounded and harried by tribespeople with primitive weapons and magic abilities, culminating in a large boulder which filled the passageway as it rolled after them to crush them and how they barely made it out alive with the idol.

Rolls
Notice check
Notice die [dice:ub5ry85j]47329:0[/dice:ub5ry85j], Wild die [dice:ub5ry85j]47329:1[/dice:ub5ry85j].

Knowledge Arcane check
Knowledge die [dice:ub5ry85j]47329:2[/dice:ub5ry85j], Wild die [dice:ub5ry85j]47329:3[/dice:ub5ry85j].
Missouri Smith
Character Summary

Special: -2 vs Fear; Can get irritable/impatient during periods of low activity (requires a Spirit Roll or gets -2 Charisma and -1 to Trait rolls)

Active effects: Quickness (with raise so redraw Initiative lower than 8); +2 Pace, +1 die Agility.
TK Machinegun - Serious Problem: The device or gear applies a –2 to all Trait rolls where it’s used, or its applicable bonus is reduced by 2.

Wounds:

Adventure Cards:
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex was relaxing listening to the stories of epic adventure those were telling. He frowned when Heather mentioned her family being killed by the federation. Burn me. Both of us without parents... At least we got this new family. I wonder if Xero would mind me calling him pops? Haha. The kid perhaps during a moment of serious tale telling chuckles and heather might be the only one who knows why.

Missouri though was another thing all together. Alex could barely contain himself waiting for the new team leader to end his story. But once ended Alex could not refrain from peppering him with question after question about the hand and voice that had appeared out of nowhere, ” Ok, boulders and pigmees aside, Burn me what was that hand? Has it appeared before? Does it allways talk the same way about movies? I saw it hit you, did it hurt? When will it appear next? Can you summon it? If we need it to can it hold the book which must not be named?” Alex breathes sucking in some air waiting for big M to respond to all his questions least he have to followup on some.
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri stopped and peered back at Alex with a confused frown on his face. "What? What hand?" He looked around. "What are you talking about, kid?" His eyes narrowed. "Did you get in to the sugar again? Are you huffing grass back there?" He let out a sigh and his face softened. "Kid, we talked about this. That stuff's no good for you, only for people with certain medical conditions and extreme stress."
Missouri Smith
Character Summary

Wounds:

Adventure Cards:
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero opts to ride in an ice coccoon atop the Zone Ranger for the remainder of the trip.

Agoraphobia. Agoraphobia. Agoraphobia. Seems that no one else deals with it.

With his face plastered close to the Zone Ranger's canopy/top Xero can hear DigRig as he regales the rest of the group with his tales.

Who knew an ogre that tells stories instead of eating people.
Ice Coccoon _
Much like a cyrogenetic freeze, Xero remains comatose until the Zone ranger comes to a stop. If there is time he will share a story with DigRig.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

High up on a ridge overlooking the battle, Xero spies precisely nothing that would indicate anyone was here. However, he does smell a faint, lingering scent of magic behind a tree. The scent is different than, but tied to, the bears the 12th just defeated. He has no other indication of what the being was, how it got there, where or how it escaped.
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard chuffs. "Didn't see a whole lot of action before I joined the Legion. But there was this one time, during my probationary period..."

The politics of the City of Brass are Byzantine, as twisted and changing as the cave tunnels that lead to the city's 'entrance' beneath the Appalachian Mountains. In such an environment, it pays to use catspaws when you try to find out what your rivals are up to. Probationary members of the secret police were ideal for this--send them in on "training missions" to gather intel, and then use that info in whatever political games you had in mind. All you needed was sufficient connections in the bureau to arrange the pull.

Of course, these details were never explained to the probationary constables. They were simply told to go to a place, observe and report. Gaspard never learned who was responsible for sending him into the bar to observe the oni; he just knew what was in his briefing. 'Follow the oni, Ushitora, for the next week. Observe his habits and companions.' Ushitora was a recent immigrant from another dimension, and was rambling about the City, indulging himself while seeking a patron.

Gaspard's unique approach to this sort of mission--his ability to not only read minds magically, but do so unobtrusively--made him particularly valuable. He only needed to observe his target for a few moments to get a fairly complete rundown of their activities. So he went to a bar Ushitora was known to frequent and waited. Sure enough, after about half an hour, the oni entered, looking around with all three eyes before settling in at the bar and ordering an ale the size of a small child.

Gaspard easily drew the Japanese ogre's mind into an interrogation chamber and began questioning him. But what the probationary constable had failed to reckon with was that third eye. Apparently, it not only gave the oni acute vision, but also permitted him to see magical energies innately, much like a Dogboy's sense of smell.

So while Ushitora didn't know what spell Gaspard was casting, nor what effect it was having, he did know that he was being targeted magically, and where that magic was originating. Needless to say, he took offense at such a thing, and the drunken ogre leaped from his stool, striding towards the D'norr with the huge mug (reinforced with steel bands), intending to cave his skull in.

Gaspard had options. He could have just unleashed his elemental arsenal, but that would kill the target, which would be counted as a failure. And he could have simply merged with the floor and fled down the street, but that would also have meant failing his mission. Failure was not received well in the constabulary, so he needed a third option.

First, he coated himself in an icy sheathe of armor; then he summoned a squadron of Silent Ones. These eerie soldiers served as a screen, occupying the oni while Gaspard continued his interrogation of Ushitara's subconscious mind. Naturally, the other occupants of the bar joined in, on one side or the other (or, in many cases, just launching themselves at the nearest available target). Gaspard made good use of the scrum to keep Ushitara from getting close enough to land a decisive blow, until his interrogation was complete. Then he dashed out the back door, merged with the alleyway's cobblestones, and zoomed along back towards the barracks where he could make a full report.

"Got a full commendation, too. I heard later that Ushitara was found dead in a gutter three days after the incident; I don't know if what I put in my report about his activities led to that, but, well, that was the City of Brass. Best to just forget it and move on."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Gear
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Bag of Holding
Alex

Post by Alex »

Missouri wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:32 pm Missouri stopped and peered back at Alex with a confused frown on his face. "What? What hand?" He looked around. "What are you talking about, kid?" His eyes narrowed. "Did you get in to the sugar again? Are you huffing grass back there?" He let out a sigh and his face softened. "Kid, we talked about this. That stuff's no good for you, only for people with certain medical conditions and extreme stress."
Alex looks at big M, then at everyone else. Burn me, if I had my suit I would have a recording.. Excitedly he exclaims, Burn me. Common guys you all saw the hand! It just appeared and smacked Missouri in the head said someth8ng about a movie then disappeared.” Alex tugs on Evertte’s arm, ” Burn it Everrette, you got those cyber eyes fixed, tell me you got a recordimg of it.”
@Missouri
@Everett Jackson
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Digrig snorts at Heather's story of Federation brutality. "Miss, yer more use out here 'stead of in yer head. I'm glad yer found yer way back. Yer ever get thoughts of revenge?"
The half orc listens to Missouri's story begin, then jumps and almost rolls the zone ranger when the hand appears. "DAMNATION! Yer...the Nine Hells was that?!" He manages to keep one eye on the road, and the other fixed, incredulously, on the fact that Missouri took a phantasmal blow to the face and it served only to correct a broken record. He shakes his head. "Yer ain't got no funny grass on this ride. Ain't smelled none. Yer oughta have that looked at!"
Digrig shakes his head as Gaspard tells a wild tale of oni and City of Brass procedures. "Guess they don't mind yer methods long as yer job gets done, eh? That's one kind of bein' effective." He marvels a little at the demon's physical traits. "What would yer do with that many eyes? Wonder if it gets confused what's seein' where?" He shrugs. "Yer quick on yer feet, seems like. Big help with them bears. Glad to have yer ridin' along."
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Gaspard Gillead

"That is probably the most diplomatic way of putting it, yeah." Gaspard chuffs. "Ostensibly, the Federation is about freedom--in the same way, I suppose, that the Coalition is about security. In the City of Brass, that means that backstabbing and dirty dealing are rife--it's only considered dishonorable if you're caught, and then only by someone who cares. And that usually means someone who opposes the ends, more than the means, for that matter. Constables who aren't quick thinkers--and quick doers, for that matter--tend to end up weeded out pretty quickly." The D'norr shakes his head.

"Of course, all that talk of 'freedom' goes right out the window if Dunscom thinks you're against his agenda. That particular freedom is definitely not on the menu."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Digrig sniffs, then chuckles. "Yer ain't kiddin'. That kind of freedom puts people in chains just like CS. Just a different flavor." He grips the wheel of the zone ranger, then pats the dash. "Somethin' to be said fer the freedom of the wheel, here. Yer got the juice, yer might be able to get just past the reach of them kind of chains. Find someplace better. Or yer turn around, make a stand, like the Legion. Yer ain't gonna live ferever. Might just go fer makin' a difference."
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

The science behind a large block of ice that doesn't succumb to the elements is that the elements bend to it.

At one point in the trip, after the fur beast encounter, DigRig has to stop and bring Xero inside. What had been a little frost on the windshield soon becomes a sheet of ice. The single layer of ice begin multiplying and by the third layer DigRig made an abrupt start.

Hacking his way out of the Mountaineer, DigRig climbed atop his vehicle and carved Xero from the ice. DigRig placed Xero, still comatose, in the cargo bay. Before resuming the trip, DigRig cleared all the ice off.
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Gaspard Gillead

The D'norr nods to the Orcish driver. "Yes, in the end, that was what I decided, too--the bit about the different flavor of slavery, I mean, and I suppose about finding someplace to turn around and take a stand. Maybe it was because I had a chance to step outside and see the world at large; most residents of the City of Brass prefer to stay there unless there's something they've decided they need to gather. So, ironically, what opened my eyes to the corruption of the system was being an active agent for that system."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Digrig chuckles. "Yer can see if yer eyes are open. Lot see it an' don't care. Yer got a fair soul to get out, not hurt more people fer power." He wipes some of the scraped ice from his jacket as he asks Gaspard, or anyone, really, for information. "What do yer knew about this one? Frosty made it hard to see. He do this a lot?"
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Dominic Skodati

At talk of a hand, Dom gets nervous. Could be a sign from the Hand that they aren't happy with me.. Mentally he shrugs, At least is slapped the kid.

When things turn to the reproductive organ measuring contest Dom smirks, "In my line of work, not getting in fights means you did the job right. But how about I tell you how I did some behind the scenes work that helped against Mondain's lackey."

"While you were going all full frontal with his minions I was there. I'd tracked you down on orders from the boss to recover the skull, orders I broke for you guys by the way." He gives a grin and nod to each team member, "So, I knew the real trouble was up ahead. Sticking to the shadows I skirted the battle and got up to where Mondain's puppet was opening a portal. No doubt he would've had it open before you all finished with the Brodkil who were waiting to jump you like a Horune pirate on shore leave." Letting that image sink in, Dom phases before continuing. "So. At great personal risk I step out of the shadows, grab the skull and give our enthralled friend a heavy dose of laser pistol." Dom conveniently leaves out the part about shooting him in the back. "This buys us the necessary time to mop up, and puts Mondain on his heels. Without that little move it would have all been too late. Best part was everyone grating me like fury beetle dung after I stuck my neck out."
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard shrugs at Dominic. "Well, the downside of your approach is that no one really knows what you're up to--by design, isn't it?" He may not be a Trainee Constable anymore, but Dom might sense that he's still got the instincts of a copper, with or without a badge. "If we'd known about your involvement before you stepped up, well, maybe things would've gone a bit smoother."

Then he nods to Digrig. "And yeah, Xero does occasionally do this sorta thing. Not sure what sets it off, precisely."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Digrig snickers a little at the back and forth between Dom and Gaspard. "Sometimes, don't make sense to punch a dragon in the face. Go around him. Win is a win, whatever." He shrugs. "Dunno much on Snake Eyes. Yer boss the type to send 2 groups on a job, not tell yer? Hedgin' bets? Secret backup?"
He twists the wheel to avoid a limb in the road, then rights the vehicle with barely a stirring of the crew cabin. "Sweet ride, this."
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Dominic Skodati

"What can I say except you're welcome," Dom replies to Gaspard with a wink. These guys are acting like I'm an axe murderer. I've met real axe murderers and I'm nothing like them. I don't own an axe.

Raising an eyebrow at mention of Snake Eyes the rift runner decides to learn a little more about their boss, "Anyone who names himself after the worst roll of the dice is probably experienced at hedging his bets."
Dominic Skodati

Gaspard Gillead wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:00 am The D'norr nods to the Orcish driver. "Yes, in the end, that was what I decided, too--the bit about the different flavor of slavery, I mean, and I suppose about finding someplace to turn around and take a stand. Maybe it was because I had a chance to step outside and see the world at large; most residents of the City of Brass prefer to stay there unless there's something they've decided they need to gather. So, ironically, what opened my eyes to the corruption of the system was being an active agent for that system."
City of Brass? The devil man isn't so squeaky clean after all I bet. Dom considers his options silently. Putting a few feelers out to his connections in the Federation of Magic might reveal some dirt on this guy. Always handy t have dirt on someone who busts your chops from the so called moral high ground. Converts are the worst. No only do they change their life, but then they try to get everyone else to do the same thing. Like those morons who quit smoking or eat vegan.

Chuckling to himself, Dom listens in on more conversations. Making mental notes on the assets and liabilities of his new group.
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Notice 12, K/Arcana 2
Notice: [dice:2y5w9dao]47549:0[/dice:2y5w9dao]
Wild: [dice:2y5w9dao]47549:1[/dice:2y5w9dao] Ace: [dice:2y5w9dao]47549:4[/dice:2y5w9dao]+2=12 (+2 Optics Package)

K/Arcana: [dice:2y5w9dao]47549:2[/dice:2y5w9dao]
Wild: [dice:2y5w9dao]47549:3[/dice:2y5w9dao]
Everett thanks Heather, "Appreciate you snatching that bear off me. It wasn't having much luck gnawing through my skin, but it isn't easy making precision shots with a massive hunk of muscle trying to rip your collar bone out."

Everett looks about for any clues as to where the bears came from and what they actually are, but he doesn't have much luck. Its as if they just appeared where we saw them and charged to attack. Then they just poofed out of existence just like they seem to have appeared.

Everett shares what he found and asks, "I still have a lot of information jumbled up in my head after the surgury, and I can't figure out what could cause something like this? Any ideas?"

With his extensive cybernetic modifications, Everett has little need for a break at this point. He climbs back into the zone ranger. The team begins sharing stories about similar encounters, and Everett looks back over his recent experiences looking for something, anything, to add for himself.

He can't come up with anything good. Most of his experiences in this time involve the team. The rest comes from his trek from cryo to Castle Refuge. He smiles and decides to lie through his teeth.

"Alright," Everett chimes in, "I got one for you guys. I saw a lot of new and weird things when I woke up from Cryo. There's a bit I left out of my debrief when I got to the castle. I was asked not to share, but we're in good company here, right?"

He clears his throat and continues, "So I came across this guy in black robes. Said his name was Milamber the Great. Some kind of dimension traveling wizard, but he was looking for help to hold off the Tsurani who were invading his homeland."

"He seemed pretty desperate, so I agreed. I had a giant fracking talking magic axe, so why not a dimension travelling wizard? So he opens up one of these Rifts. We step through to Midkemia, his world, and we're at a giant battlefield. The tsurani, it turns out, are massive robotic vehicles. Like they can change forms between robots and vehicles. They're equiped with giant blasters and also energy weapons, so I can see why he's in a bit of a bind," Everett says.

He tries not to laugh as he continues his story, "Their magic is effective, but these things are made of metal. They can take a beating. Well, I'm made of metal too. So I'm out there bashing Tsurani heads in and taking arms off when, I shit you not, another Rift opens. Turns out Megatron, their leader, had his own ideas. With Milamber the Great - Midkemia's greatest asset - back on the battlefield with a powerful ally in tow, Megatron had to unleash his trump card..."

Everett pauses for dramatic effect and says, "Goku. Extra terrestrials were a recently discovered phenomenon before the Rifts - in my time - but the first race we discovered were the Saiyans. They were the - self-proclaimed -most powerful combatants in the known universe. And they have multiple forms, each exponentially more powerful than the former...and a big secret. On a full moon, they transform into giant apes with all the power of their lesser form, and guess what that night was...?"

Everett can't keep a straight face and starts laughing his ass off and says, "Sorry guys. That's all a bunch of pop culture stuff from like 70 years before they ever took me out of the Vat and all mashed together. One was a book, and the other TV shows. Honestly? My life was fairly mundane back then. I had a lot of crazy drills and such when I wasn't in cryo, but nothing like what I've been through since stepping through time, ya know?"
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Edit Signature

Gaspard Gillead

OOC Comments
K: Arcana [dice:2locf3sp]47552:0[/dice:2locf3sp] ACE [dice:2locf3sp]47552:2[/dice:2locf3sp]
Wild K: Arc [dice:2locf3sp]47552:1[/dice:2locf3sp]

Raise!

Gaspard nods to Everett's question. "Summoning magic is adequate to the task. Most summoners specialize in one particular plane they call their minions from." He considers. "Those beasts were fairly potent; that suggests their master is also a powerful spellcaster. Your axe will be most useful in dealing with him, I suspect."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Everett slaps his forehead and says, "Ah, yeah that makes a lot of sense. Pretty simple, actually. If they were summoned on the spot they wouldn't have left tracks and if they were magical creatures then of course they would disappear after their destruction."

He smile's sheepishly and says, "It feels like someone slammed an entire encyclopedia set into my brain, but left the organizational index and table of contents out. I'm getting a feel for it, though. My brain has to make connections to the data and learn where it's stored and how to access it. Basically, the more I use it the easier it will be."
  • Size +2
Edit Signature

Dominic Skodati

Everett Jackson wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:59 pm ”Basically, the more I use it the easier it will be."
Perking up from his silence for a moment Dom quips from the back seat, "Glad to hear you plan on using your brain more. Although that's still a pretty low bar."

Shots fired, Dom waits to see how everyone reacts. His guess was poorly. Good guys can never take a joke.
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Everett smiles and says, "It was frozen for a few centuries, but it's finally warming up. Should be firing on all cylinders by the time we're at the magic academy."

The metal man chuckles and says, "Glad to know that some things are eternal. An interesting biological tidbit just popped into my head. Apparently humans are deuterostomes. Apparently that means the first thing we develop is an asshole. I guess some folks don't develop much further."
  • Size +2
Edit Signature

Dominic Skodati

Everett Jackson wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:32 pm "Apparently that means the first thing we develop is an asshole. I guess some folks don't develop much further."
Smiling Dom owns the asshole label, "Without the asshole the body would be full of shit. From what I am smelling I'm doing you a favour."
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Everett nods and says, "I don't disagree, but in my experience shit is supposed to come out of the asshole, not the mouth."
  • Size +2
Edit Signature

Dominic Skodati

Everett Jackson wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:43 pm Everett nods and says, "I don't disagree, but in my experience shit is supposed to come out of the asshole, not the mouth."
Dom responds with what, given the circumstances, can only be described as a shit-eating grin, "You haven't been on this planet long enough then. I can take you to a place in the 'Burbs where that is the least disgusting thing you'll see. Next time we're there I'll introduce you to the owner. By the look of you you'll be guaranteed a job."
Gaspard Gillead

A very bored-looking Gaspard interjects. "Gents, I'm sure if you root around in your NG-S2s, you'll find something suitable to use as a measuring instrument, and settle the matter once and for all with less patter. Just be kind enough to give Miss Heather some warning so she can look away." He does not add, --or volunteer to judge, but the thought does cross his mind. She was certainly blushing at the roguish fellow earlier.
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Everett laughs and says, "I've been on this planet for hundreds of years! It might be cheating if you slept through most of it, but hell, I'm still old enough to be your daddy, son. I'll have to pass on that job offer, though."

Everett sighs, managing to not quite roll his eyes, and asks, "Cmon Gaspard, who killed Missouri and made you CO?"

Everett digs around in the assortment of junk in his cargo pants until he finds a little bag of candy, "Here, Gaspard, knock yourself out. I don't need these, the stuff's terrible for you - Dr. Anomaly left 'em with my stuff when I got my new implant installed."
  • Size +2
Edit Signature

Alex

Post by Alex »

Dominic Skodati wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:22 pm
Everett Jackson wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:59 pm ”Basically, the more I use it the easier it will be."
Perking up from his silence for a moment Dom quips from the back seat, "Glad to hear you plan on using your brain more. Although that's still a pretty low bar."

Shots fired, Dom waits to see how everyone reacts. His guess was poorly. Good guys can never take a joke.
Inside his head
Alex chuckles in the back and shoots Dom with a plasma grendade fused with holy juice. Man that would be something huh? He seems so close to that guy in the burbs but that guy was cool... This Dom is a total tool. Oh sorry Heather...
Alex looks longly at his power armor and sighs half wishing the legion sanctioned acidential deaths. A bit on the sleepy side he yawns and pipes up, ” Are we still swapping stories or are we throwing down? Relax Everette Dom is probably joking around.”

He clears his throat a bit, ” I don’t have any tales of heroics or anything too grand. Most of my time with the 13th was more of a Hindrence than help. The battle at Gloom was not my finest moment. Here on this journey with you I am like a baby dragon learning from all of you with hopefully a bit more skill and maturity.”

The kid rubs his jaw looking up at the faces of his team members, ” Best story I got is the last time my dad ever hit my mom. I remember it well. It was half passed 10pm in our house in Silver Bluff, dad came home all rilled up from the bar. He had lost his eye in a machinery accident and did not see all that well. He was halloring for my mom outside as he forgot how to open the front doors latch. Mom came down in her night gown. I was supposed to be asleep but I was wide awak working on some electronic circuits for my radar dish I was repairing. Well mom opened the door and got socked upside her temple.” Alex puts his hands into his hands and whispers, ”What was I aupposed to do? I was only ten and my mom was hurting. I ran down stairs and tried to lunge at him. Even so inibriated he tossed me aside. But... But I got up, damnit, I got up after each time he knocked me down.” Alex’s eyes were watering from such an emotional reveal but he forced himself to finish, ”He never touched my mom again. He took his frustrations out on me for the next four years until the tmorrow legions community outreach team visited Silver Bluff.”

He breathes deep wiping his eyes and slaps Dig’s chair, ”Thanks man, I was holding that one in for far too long.”
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Everett reaches over and ruffles Alex's hair a bit and says, "Aw, hell, Kid. Dom was just busting my balls a bit. It's a time-honored tradition of soldiers. There's not much to do en route to the contact zone. You find ways to keep yourself occupied."

He listens to Alex's own story and feels bad for him, but ultimately can't relate. He stepped out of the Vat fully grown and ready for war. His only family members were the other members of his unit and their story wasn't much different than his.

"That's a rough story, Alex. Wish I could make it better, but you have us now. I'd say you're doing pretty well. We might not have been able to handle Mondain without you," Everett says in an attempt to cheer Alex up.
  • Size +2
Edit Signature

Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Waking up in a puddle of his own making is nothing new for Xero but being inside the vehicle again does surprise him. Judging from the energies being thrown of by the gathered crowd, tensions are flaring.

Xero starts to laugh and the water on the floor begins forming icey shards as he laughs.

"It would seem we have a few loners or possible alphas in our little group. Or people with way more secrets than one could safely be called sane."

His psychosis seemingly subsided, Xero informs Everett, "The summonner was a ways off. Caught his scent on the beasts he summoned. He/She/It was gone when I arrived. Only tracks and a lingering scent left behind."

"Everyone seems to be very chatty. So what are we talking about?"
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard takes the candy in the spirit it was offered, and starts sucking on it, softly for a bit, listening as Alex tells his tale. Kid's tough. Good for him.

Then he snorts when Xero finally awakens and joins the conversation. "Well, there were two primary subjects, that I recall--the biggest fight you ever got in, or maybe just got out of, and why, exactly, the windows all frosted over."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

"I believe Digrig was asking about our exploits. Alex chipped in a personal story from when he was younger. Dom and I were discussing the merits of Deuterostomes," Everett says.

He considers the psi-stalkers words and says, "So it seems like it all fits then. Someone with powerful mojo sent some magic bears to take care of us before we make it to the academy. And they managed it nearly undetected. Which makes me wonder who got word out? I doubt it's a coincidence that a powerful magic user with some kind of beef against us just happened to be along the route were travelling."
  • Size +2
Edit Signature

Alex

Post by Alex »

Everett Jackson wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:02 pm Everett reaches over and ruffles Alex's hair a bit and says, "Aw, hell, Kid. Dom was just busting my balls a bit. It's a time-honored tradition of soldiers. There's not much to do en route to the contact zone. You find ways to keep yourself occupied."

He listens to Alex's own story and feels bad for him, but ultimately can't relate. He stepped out of the Vat fully grown and ready for war. His only family members were the other members of his unit and their story wasn't much different than his.

"That's a rough story, Alex. Wish I could make it better, but you have us now. I'd say you're doing pretty well. We might not have been able to handle Mondain without you," Everett says in an attempt to cheer Alex up.
Alex looks up at Everette and says with a twinkle in his eye, ” Thanks Everette, you actually can make it better. I’m working on this little project back at castle refugee in my room. When I am done it should let me go back in time and fix things so a ten year old defenseless kid doesn’t get beat by his dad. The transporter fits two... Even with your size we can both go.”

While waiting for the answer Alex wipes a bit of condensation from his boot. Burn me man. Did Xero just pee on us?

@Everett Jackson
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

"A time machine? Man, that's something else, kid. I guess it's not too far-fetched," Everett says while tapping his new dataport, "This thing says rifts can go just about anywhere or when. But hey, if you work it out, I won't leave you hanging. Something to consider though, you can't really tell what'll happen if you go messing with time. It might work out, or something worse might happen."
  • Size +2
Edit Signature

Xero X Kelvin

Post by Xero X Kelvin »

Xero stands up as small sheets of ice sluff off and shatter on the floor around him.

"My apologies DigRig. Psychosis as it is induces a comatose state and my body does its own thing when I am unconscious."

Walking to the case bolted down in the back of the cargo bay, Xero places his hands on it. "Everett, this 'book' is a beacon. Calling any evil able bodied bad guy to come our way."

"One thing of interest in that regard. The book cannot seem to relay details about us. It just gives off a location."
Xero X Kalvin
Adventure Card(s):
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Road to Merctown
Afternoon
Round 0

Digrig snorted at Heather's story of Federation brutality. "Miss, yer more use out here 'stead of in yer head. I'm glad yer found yer way back. Yer ever get thoughts of revenge?"

Heather looked down at her hands, fiddling with the book in them. “I would be lying if I said no,” she admitted. “But revenge is a dark road that leads to nowhere and only leaves you in hell. ‘Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord,’ my sister would say.” Heather gave a wan smile.

Heather looked over at Dominic. “Yes, we thank you for the help you gave with Mondain,” she said. “That is why I invited you on this team. But better communication is going to be needed in the future. We all need to know what the others are going to do so we can coordinate and avoid such misunderstandings in the future.”

Heather listened to Everett with fascinated interest. She even took out a little notebook. “How do you spell Saiyan?” she asked.

And then he admitted he was pulling their legs. Heather flushed with embarrassment. “I, uh...I knew that,” she said. She should have known! She should have been reading him!

Gaspard’s little quip about measuring didn’t help matters anyway as she glanced over at Dominic.

Heather looked at Alex as he shared, giving him a sympathetic smile. “My father was similar,” she told the young man, putting a hand on his leg. “My sister took the brunt of it for us, though.”
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Missouri
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Missouri »

Missouri let out a yelp as the zone ranger swerved when he hadn't expected it, looking back and talking to Alex at the time. He settled himself back in as Digrig yelled at him. He raised an eyebrow and gave Digrig a confused look. Was the half orc teasing him again? What was he talking about? "Um. No. No...grass."

But things began to get a bit heated in the back. Should he say something? Should he step in? Was that what he should do as the 'team leader'? He frowned but waited and things seemed to work themselves out, mostly. It was something definitely to keep an eye on.
Missouri Smith
Character Summary

Wounds:

Adventure Cards:
Dominic Skodati

As chatter settles down Dom turns introspective for a moment, the bleak tome in his satchel enticing him. He touches some part of his mind that was corrupted by Mondain...and it scares him.

Seems like matching wits with a supernatural sized asshole took its toll on my mind. Go figure.

Best thing to do is put my newfound knowledge of evil to good use. Try and harness it and channel it into something useful. If I can invest some of my will into that touch of corruption I may be able to project it. Nothing scares people like a brush with evil.

That would be something, flashing someone a glimpse of Mondain...a mere shadow really but enough to make a grown Crackle wet his pants. Be good for threatening people or pulling off the supernatural bad ass routine.

Lost in his thoughts, Dom spends the ride working out the basics of a new spell in his mind.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Everett Jackson wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:39 pm "A time machine? Man, that's something else, kid. I guess it's not too far-fetched," Everett says while tapping his new dataport, "This thing says rifts can go just about anywhere or when. But hey, if you work it out, I won't leave you hanging. Something to consider though, you can't really tell what'll happen if you go messing with time. It might work out, or something worse might happen."
Nothing could be worse than mom dying. I left that part out. Alex looks up craining to meet Everretes eyes, ”It doesn’t matter. Once it is finished we go. Thanks Everette.” I wonder if we are friends.
@Everett Jackson

Alex looks down at Heather’s hand on his leg. His face reddens slightly and he gulps trying to keep focused on the sad background both he and Heather shared. You... You there Heather? Something just hit me. You had dealings with Charlie, your dad was like my dad. Weird that we got assigned to the same team huh?”
@Heather Todd
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Road to Merctown
Afternoon
Round 0

Heather caught Alex’s mental attention and tilted her head, listening.

You... You there, Heather? Something just hit me. You had dealings with Charlie, your dad was like my dad. Weird that we got assigned to the same team, huh?”

Heather looked over at the boy and smiled. Coincidence, or serendipity? Who knows. There are plenty of people with...difficult fathers relationships. You can lean on me, though, if you need to talk about it.
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card

Return to “Adventure Archive”