The Bleak Tome - Rituals, Recon, and Reckoning

Snake Eyes
Game Master

The Bleak Tome - Rituals, Recon, and Reckoning

Post by Snake Eyes »

With the division of labor set, and the party going its separate ways to get to the bottom of their current list of problems and questions, each group settles into their branch of the task. Dom locates an appropriately dingy flophouse in the Warrens, located near enough to the ley line that you'll be able to tap it for your ritual. Lanasa doesn't appear to get out much. The general condition of the Warrens gives her the heebie jeebies, and you notice that if she's forced to touch anything there, she does it through an embroidered handkerchief. Once situated, Dom, Gaspard, and Lanasa lay out their reagents and other preparations, and begin.
Alex and Everett strike off into the heart of the Warrens, as well, following the last known lead on Missouri. They're barely armed, but Everett is an imposing figure by any measure, and somebody let him keep his axe.
Heather and Adriana make for Temple Street, where Gill advised he and his companion would be visiting prior to his disappearance.
Marten and Pahi Oki, already on the trail of the death cult, continue their investigation, undeterred by knowing a dragon is leading.
MercTown has secrets to reveal, if you're bold enough. The newly bolstered 12th...they're bold.

THE INVESTIGATION

Several threads seem to converge upon the 12th. Dominic is a primary person of interest for at least two entities. One of them left an active tracker / calling card. Alex was almost sold out by an arcade-playing city rat. Missouri, Gill, and Curatrix are missing. And it appears the same person who sent a pack of branded bears to end your trip to MercTown is the one who has the book you need, stolen from the inside; maybe even a member of the Guild Council.
Adding to all that, Legion leadership seems to think that the investigation of a dragon-led death cult is tied to your current predicament, hence the new additions.
Instructions
You have several options available to you. They'll be resolved via a modified Mass Battle investigation.
The 12th will start with 9 tokens, one for each active PC, and one for other resources (Ghurab, Digrig, Lanasa.)
Your opposition will start with 12. They are vigorously opposing their discovery by outside forces, and have many assets at their disposal.
Determine your lead investigator. (Choice of Faith, Occult, Spellcasting, Psionics, Research, or Thievery skills as primary, unless you have a better idea for the situation.) They roll. The opposing mastermind will roll their chosen counter-skill.
12th: +4 Technical Advantage (Heather's computer, reverse-scrying the tracking gemstone)
Opp: +3 Overmatched (+3 token advantage); +2 Organizational advantage (your opposition is a well-oiled machine)

In addition, both sides will have the support of Wild Cards who will contribute to their side's final results. Each Wild Card may make a roll of an appropriate support skill (Persuasion, Intimidation, Spellcasting/Psionics/Faith, Occult, Thievery, etc.) to add to their lead investigator / mastermind's final result.

The actual rules, straight copy/pasted from VV's most excellent adaptation, are below:

CHARACTERS IN INVESTIGATIONS
Player characters play an important role in the investigation process. Before the lead investigator makes her Research roll, each player who wants to aid the investigation describes what she’s doing and makes a Support roll with whatever skill she feels is most appropriate (Of course, enemy lieutenants can add to the mastermind’s Thievery roll as well!). Success grants the investigator +1 to his Research roll but the hero takes Fatigue for her vigorous efforts. With a raise, she emerges without Fatigue and rolls on the Gumshoe table. She may choose to use the result rolled or give her investigator the usual +2 bonus instead

Gumshoe Table
2d6
2 Recover 1 Token
3-4 Opposing hero is -2 to Spirit roll for Resolve check
5-9 Add +2 to leaders roll
10-11 Apply -2 to opposing leader’s roll
12 Big Break. Opposition immediately loses one token (this doesn’t subtract from his Research or Thievery roll but does cause a Resolve check even if he wins)

INVESTIGATION
At the start of each round, the player characters discuss their strategy for the case. Next comes opposed rolls by the lead investigator and criminal mastermind. Add the modifiers below as appropriate to each roll.

Investigation Modifiers
Overmatched +1 for each token advantage above the lesser competitor
Technical Advantage +1 to +4 for any advanced, specialized, or arcane investigative equipment or items that could aide one side or the other.
Organizational Advantage +1 to +4 depending on the nature of the opposing force. Working against the federal government or organized crime is harder than investigating independent operators.

Time
Investigation is often slow work. The Game Master should set-up a timeframe that works with the story. A race against the clock (think of the television program 24) may use hours while a standard police procedural can happen over days or weeks.
This investigation will happen over the course of 24-48 hours.

Results
The winner of the opposed roll consults the Investigation Results. Tokens won by the investigators represent progress in the case and the discovery of important clues and information. Successes by the mastermind can cause any number of complications and roadblocks that the GM can describe narratively.

Investigation Table
Tie - Both sides lose one token. Investigators get an essential clue only.
Success - The winner loses one token and the opponent loses two.
Raise - The low roll loses two tokens.

Resolve
It takes hard work and dogged determination to track down a criminal or to avoid capture. When an investigator or mastermind loses a token they make a Spirit roll to determine their resolve in pushing their agenda forward. If a leader loses resolve things begin to unravel and they are -2 on their rolls for the next round.

J'Accuse
Once all the essential clues have been obtained the players should have the information they need to set-up the moment of accusation. This moment most likely triggers an active role playing scene such as a chase, social, or tactical combat to “catch the bad guy”.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Alex

Re: The Bleak Tome - Rituals, Recon, and Reckoning

Post by Alex »

Alex looked arround at the warrens wondering what the rest of the gang is up too. He shrugged and found a hover vehicle in need of an engine fixed, then found a slum lord’s house with a leaky roof, he even found a cyber hooker whose assault rifle was jammed. He just kept going over the next 24 hours fixing everything he could find, and in the warrens there was plenty. “Watch my back Ev... I’ll get the Warren’s looking like Jude’s family villa in Iron Heart, then the folks who know where Missouri is will be so greatful they will let him go. Did I ever tell you how Libertas once told me to duck?... Or Max made me this special chair inside his Robot Armor...” A naive plan to be sure, but Alex had everything he needed to mcgyver the city district’s face lift: Bubble gum, dried paint chips and enough pluck to cover a roost of chickens.
OOC Comments
Repair [dice:2ha77xsc]62784:0[/dice:2ha77xsc] wild [dice:2ha77xsc]62784:1[/dice:2ha77xsc] ace [dice:2ha77xsc]62784:2[/dice:2ha77xsc] gum shoe: [dice:2ha77xsc]62784:3[/dice:2ha77xsc]
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Everett Jackson »

Athletics 12; Gumshoe 11 (-2 to the Opposition Leader
Athletics: [dice:39t03nau]62787:0[/dice:39t03nau]
Wild: [dice:39t03nau]62787:1[/dice:39t03nau] Ace: [dice:39t03nau]62787:4[/dice:39t03nau]
Burn: [dice:39t03nau]62787:2[/dice:39t03nau] (+1=12; I forgot to roll the Wild die Ace initially. Fortunately, I didn't lose a burn, or I'd probably be whining right now ;p.)
Gumshoe: [dice:39t03nau]62787:3[/dice:39t03nau]
The warrens were a tough place. To Alex, it was a cheery field trip through the run down side of MercTown fixing things and helping folks. For Everett, even when it was relatively quiet, the trip was an adrenaline fueled trip through hell.

First, Everett is big - wrestle a grackle tooth or 'borg big. Second, @Alex is small, loud and one of a group of two on the bad side of town. Finally, we looked like easy marks, sometimes out in the open for hours at a time, and seemingly distracted.

The calmest time was when Alex decided to patch up some old junker hover-car. That was a pretty sweet gig. Everett had it easy hoisting the car up for Alex to get a good look, removing the power plant to let him tweak it, and otherwise doing all the heavy lifting the kid struggled with while lacking his armor.

Alex got it fixed, but it took long enough for the local gang to notice us tooling around with one of their cars on their turf. It didn't even matter that the damn car ran better than new once the kid got his hands on it.

Everett, more concerned for Alex than anything, gently tossed the kid up to the nearby roof. The hulking juicer took a few shots, but his TITAN S2 took it all like a champ. Good 'ol US of A made it right. Or bought the best of the best, at least.

By the time Everett got away from those creeps and made it back to Alex, the kid had fixed the leaky roof, snuck inside, and even started up a conversation with one of the local working girls. Which was fine until the girl's drugged up pimp busted into the room wondering why the hell she was talking and not working.

The pimp shouting at the girl, cyber prostitute hollering back, and Everett trying to calm them both down with shouting of his own caused quite the ruckus, and the gang quickly became involved again. So, Everett picked the kid up, wrapped him in a big bear hug, and barreled through the house (taking care not to break anything) and through the door.

For hours and hours on end, Alex fixed things and Everett kept the kid safe - mostly by unintentionally distracting the local criminal elements. The damnedest thing was happening, though. The Warrens were getting just a little bit better. Things that had been broken longer than some of the denizens of the Warrens had been alive were working again. It was still a shithole, but it stunk just a little less.

More than that, though, was excitement. A place like the Warrens is filled more with misery than anything. While Everett and Alex were there, the gangs were busy chasing them around town. People started catching on that the big man was trouble and the little kid was a blessing. And no one got hurt! Well, no more than usual anyhow. Even the gang elements suffered nothing more than wounded pride.

Their chasing of Everett became halfhearted and mainly kept up for appearances. Alex was free to work to his hearts content. Any outsiders or known troublemakers quickly found it difficult to find or even hear anything about Everett or Alex. It was the strangest day the Warrens had seen, but one of the better. The legend of the Raging Rhino-Buffalo - a man bigger than a grackle tooth but slipperier than a quick-flex - and the Wiz-Kid would live on in the Warrens for years to come...
Everett Jackson, Titan Juicer
Everett, Human Titan Juicer
Pace: 10(d8); Parry: 8(1) Toughness: 24(9)
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; Balitrox's PPE: 5/5
Bennies: 4/3; Internal Repair System: 3/3
Burn: 6/8
Edit Signature

Balitrox speaking into Everett's mind.
Pahi Oki

Post by Pahi Oki »

Pahi Oki looks to @Marten, "You tell meaning of 'dragon cult'."
Adriana
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Adriana »

Adriana followed @Heather Todd er. She had no idea what the person they were looking for looked like nor what sorts of things he could be doing. So she just focused on protecting the one she has been charged with. When threats do come up she quickly shifts to a form halfway between human and panther. She's still about the same height but a lot bulkier and dark fur covers her body. Her jaws protrude and large fangs grow. The most notable however might be her claws. Wicked looking and very sharp, they have the strength to rend tanks if she chose. Instead they are used to prevent attackers from reaching Heather.
OOC Comments
Fighting [dice:survbdao]62789:0[/dice:survbdao]
Wild Die [dice:survbdao]62789:1[/dice:survbdao]
Adriana Da Silva
Cheatsheet
Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Athletics d8 (+2 Climb), Common Knowledge d4, Notice d4 (+2 If Cat/Man Monster Form), Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Spellcasting d8, Psionics d6, Fighting d10 (+2), Intimidation d4, Survival d4, Shooting d4, Occult d4, Language d4 American (Native: Spanguese)

PPE 20/20- (10 from Werecat 5 from gem, 5 from advance)
ISP 20/20 - (10 from Werecat 10 from gem)
Bennie's 3/3

Wounds 0/3

Claws STR+2d12 AP 8, Bite STR+2d4 AP 8, attack x2 each claw one Wild Die to go to either.

Silver Plated Sword STR+d6 ,

Edit Sig
Dominic Skodati

Post by Dominic Skodati »

When it comes to rituals I got one rule. Let someone else take the lead.

Power is great, getting fried cause you mispronounced something in Dragonese is stupid. Fortunately, I had a pompous-know-it-all shifter who was happy to run point. If I had any pride I'd show him I can sling spell with the best of them, but I wear a trenchcoat in all seasons, pride is not my thing. Well not that kind any.

Being in the Warrens was like being home. Gangs, poverty, violence, all manner of illicit activity. It just felt right. With little trouble I was able to get us a big room at a little wayside boarding house that ran a little too close to the ley line. A few extra credits ensured our privacy - as long as someone offering more credits didn't come along. Bought loyalty is a fickle thing.

I also learned a lot by watching Lasana struggle. Not sure what world she is from but for her to be so repulsed by the living situation of ninety percent of humans and d-bees on the planet says something about her. Something that may be useful later.

Handing the book to her and Gaspard I got ready to do my part. Summons and rituals are the domain of shifters, but nobody does ley lines better than me and this reverse scry was going to need all the juice we could muster. I could feel the line thrumming nearby, close and comforting. I took a minute to listen for any transmissions moving up and down the line, given it passed through a major metropolitan center someone would be stupid to use it for communication, but there's lots of stupid people out there.

Confident there wasn't much going on I began to draw power for the ritual using my staff to channel the raw magical energy into a useful force.

Look out Tom, I'm coming for you.

Spellcasting 8 (+2 to Leader's Roll)
Spellcasting [dice:1a4y53fi]62790:0[/dice:1a4y53fi]
Wild [dice:1a4y53fi]62790:1[/dice:1a4y53fi]
+1 from magic staff

Gumshoe table
[dice:1a4y53fi]62790:2[/dice:1a4y53fi]
Adriana
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Adriana »

Gumshoe [dice:1cx1iobc]62792:0[/dice:1cx1iobc]
Adriana Da Silva
Cheatsheet

Athletics d8 (+2 Climb), Common Knowledge d4, Notice d4 (+2 If Cat/Man Monster Form), Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Spellcasting d8, Psionics d6, Fighting d10 (+2), Intimidation d4, Survival d4, Shooting d4, Occult d4, Language d4 American (Native: Spanguese)

Bennie's 3/3

Wounds 0/3

Claws STR+2d12 AP 8, Bite STR+2d4 AP 8, attack x2 each claw one Wild Die to go to either.

Edit Sig
Marten

Post by Marten »

Marten frowns. "You remember, those guys with the skull masks that we're after?"
Fighting 7
Fighting [dice:3qpk01nx]62800:0[/dice:3qpk01nx]
Wild Die [dice:3qpk01nx]62800:1[/dice:3qpk01nx]
Bennie

Fighting [dice:3qpk01nx]62800:2[/dice:3qpk01nx]
Wild Die [dice:3qpk01nx]62800:3[/dice:3qpk01nx]
Ace [dice:3qpk01nx]62800:4[/dice:3qpk01nx]
Marten visits the rougher areas of town, looking for some indication that the cult is active. He asks the wrong person the wrong question and suddenly he is ambushed, by four people dressed in all black, silver skull masks over their faces. He pulls his Flaming Sword and is able to chase two of them off. One he has to kill, and the other... The other he asks a few questions.
Last edited by Marten on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Psionics 16
Adriana support +1, Adriana Gumshoe +2, Technical advantage +4, Mentalist +2, Major Psionic +4
Psionics [dice:1nyfvfwa]62801:0[/dice:1nyfvfwa]
Wild [dice:1nyfvfwa]62801:1[/dice:1nyfvfwa]
Merctown
Evening
Round 0

“I guess it’s ladies night,” Heather told Adriana with a smile. Heather didn’t speak Spanish, but Adriana’s American was decent. She tucked her field computer into her long coat and they headed out into the city.

Gill liked the finer things in life, so Heather focused at first on the nicer areas of the city. Curatix, his golem protector, might be conspicuous, so she focused on people who might have seen the golem warrior. Besides asking questions, Heather also searched the city databases with her computer, and scanned people’s thoughts while she asked.

At some point they must have attracted the wrong sort of attention, because Adriana was required to step in and deal with a few situations. Not that Heather needed too much help. She was capable of defending herself, but Adriana seemed to enjoy it, and it allowed Heather to more easily invade the minds of their attackers to glean information.

Gumshoe [dice:1nyfvfwa]62801:2[/dice:1nyfvfwa]
Keeping/Armed
Stealth armor (12)
Overcoat (5)
Field computer (2)=19
Survival pack (in room?)
Leaving in Locker
Flaming Sword
Shard Pistol
Fireburst rifle
1 High Explosive grenade
11 Fragmentation grenades
2 Plasma grenades
Mission
Find information on how to destroy the Bleak Tome.
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Find Missouri.
Find Gill and Curatrix.
Find Peeping Tom.
Find who stole the book needed to destroy the Bleak Tome.
Character Tracker
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 16 (8)
ISP: 40/40
Armor: 10/10 PP
Powers: bolt, conceal arcana*, detect arcana*, empathy (free reroll), fear (free reroll), fly*, invisibility (armor), mind link, mind reading, puppet, slumber, telekinesis (auto raise)
Bennies: 3/3
Encumbrance: 35.75/20 (including pack, 55.75/20, -2 Pace, running, Agility-linked skills, Vigor to resist Fatigue)(Normal: Armor 12, Coat 5, 4 Grenades 2, Field computer 2=20)
Major Psionic: May spend 2 ISP to gain +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
Master of Psionics: Mind Melters get a free reroll on all Trait rolls when using psychic abilities and their Psionics skill; this does not allow Critical Failures to be rerolled.
Mental Resistance: Melters have +4 to all checks to resist psionic effects, and +4 armor against psionic damage..
First aid kit: 3/3
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 9 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Shard Pistol: 12/12 shots
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
Loadout
Stealth armor
Shard pistol
Field computer
Flaming sword
Overcoat
Shopping List
Hand scanner
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
AP grenades
EMP grenades
Last edited by Heather Todd on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Tracker
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 30/30
Bennies: 4/3
Encumbrance: 28/28 (including pack, 70.75/28, -2 Agility and Strength skills)
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Shard Pistol: 36/36 shots
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Pahi Oki

Post by Pahi Oki »

Marten wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:18 pm Marten frowns. "You remember, those guys with the skull masks that we're after?"
Fighting 7
Fighting [dice:2b7rv1wb]62800:0[/dice:2b7rv1wb]
Wild Die [dice:2b7rv1wb]62800:1[/dice:2b7rv1wb]
Bennie

Fighting [dice:2b7rv1wb]62800:2[/dice:2b7rv1wb]
Wild Die [dice:2b7rv1wb]62800:3[/dice:2b7rv1wb]
Ace [dice:2b7rv1wb]62800:4[/dice:2b7rv1wb]
Marten visits the rougher areas of town, looking for some indication that the cult is active. He asks the wrong person the wrong question and suddenly he is ambushed, by four people dressed in all black, silver skull masks over their faces. He pulls his Flaming Sword and is able to chase two of them off. One he has to kill, and the other... The other he asks a few questions.
Pahi Oki was confused before everyone had started leaving the Wayside Wizard Watering Hole. @Marten was one of the last to leave. Personally, the city messed with him immensely but he had a responsibility and so followed out after Marten.

He had not really been with the Legion long, the exchange program between the Legion and the College in MercTown had only lasted a couple of weeks. Prior to that he had been in Refuge only a couple of weeks as well. Instructions coming from most people in these parts really confused him. So it was he found himself following Marten into possibly the worst location in all of MercTown, the Warrens.

While Marten is following his leads, Pahi Oki is quite literally assulted by spirits of the dead. While not inherently evil or good, they are in such numbers that the Elemental Fusionist feels himself bombarded.

Focus 12 _
Elemental Brotherhood
[*] Focus (1d10) [dice:2b7rv1wb]62808:0[/dice:2b7rv1wb]
[*] Aced! Focus (1d10+10) [dice:2b7rv1wb]62808:2[/dice:2b7rv1wb]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2b7rv1wb]62808:1[/dice:2b7rv1wb]
It would appear that the 'Death Cult' Marten was talking about had been sapping life from the Warrens, where no one was likely to be looking or caring ...

Gumshoe 4 _
[*] Gumshoe (2d6) [dice:2b7rv1wb]62808:3[/dice:2b7rv1wb]

Opposing hero is -2 to Spirit roll for Resolve check
Gaspard Gillead

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

Spellcasting 27 with all help; Lasana inflicts a -2 to the opposition roll

Spellcasting [dice:3im4r2e0]62818:0[/dice:3im4r2e0]
Wild Spellcasting [dice:3im4r2e0]62818:1[/dice:3im4r2e0]
Benny to Reroll
Spellcasting [dice:3im4r2e0]62818:2[/dice:3im4r2e0]
Wild Spellcasting [dice:3im4r2e0]62818:3[/dice:3im4r2e0]
Benny to Reroll
Spellcasting [dice:3im4r2e0]62818:4[/dice:3im4r2e0] ACE [dice:3im4r2e0]62818:6[/dice:3im4r2e0]
Wild Spellcasting [dice:3im4r2e0]62818:5[/dice:3im4r2e0]

Bennies: 1/3

Lasana Roll:
Spellcasting [dice:3im4r2e0]62818:7[/dice:3im4r2e0]
Wild Spellcasting [dice:3im4r2e0]62818:8[/dice:3im4r2e0] ACE [dice:3im4r2e0]62818:9[/dice:3im4r2e0]
Gumshoe [dice:3im4r2e0]62818:10[/dice:3im4r2e0]: -2 to Opposition leader
Gaspard is nothing if not good at his job. Using magic to find the bad guys is basically his whole reason for existing, really. Taking the lead confidently, he notes Dominic's all-too-eagerness to pass over the reins of control to himself. At first, he encounters some heavy feedback; no doubt, the owners of the tracking stone have some sorts of barriers in place.

Gaspard is not the sort to let such trifles bar him, though. He takes the information the others have brought back into account, using it to narrow down the scope of the scan--and thus, to focus the power of the ritual into a narrower area, letting the magic counter-scry work that much more efficiently. What's more, Lasana employs counter-magics specifically to undermine any counter-casting that might be occurring on the other end.

Slowly but surely, the tendrils of power begin working through the enemy's defenses.....
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Re: Adventure 2: The Bleak Tome

Post by Snake Eyes »

Here Be Rolls
WC2: [dice:m57put8s]62810:0[/dice:m57put8s]
WC2WD:[dice:m57put8s]62810:1[/dice:m57put8s]

WC3: [dice:m57put8s]62810:2[/dice:m57put8s]
WC3WD:[dice:m57put8s]62810:3[/dice:m57put8s]
Ace: [dice:m57put8s]62810:16[/dice:m57put8s]
WC3 Gumshoe: [dice:m57put8s]62810:17[/dice:m57put8s]

WC4: [dice:m57put8s]62810:4[/dice:m57put8s]
WC4WD:[dice:m57put8s]62810:5[/dice:m57put8s]

WC5: [dice:m57put8s]62810:6[/dice:m57put8s]
WC5WD:[dice:m57put8s]62810:7[/dice:m57put8s]

WC6: [dice:m57put8s]62810:8[/dice:m57put8s]
WC6WD:[dice:m57put8s]62810:9[/dice:m57put8s]

WC7: [dice:m57put8s]62810:10[/dice:m57put8s]
WC7WD:[dice:m57put8s]62810:11[/dice:m57put8s]

WC8: [dice:m57put8s]62810:12[/dice:m57put8s]
WC8WD:[dice:m57put8s]62810:13[/dice:m57put8s]

WC9: [dice:m57put8s]62810:14[/dice:m57put8s]
WC9WD:[dice:m57put8s]62810:15[/dice:m57put8s]

WC1: [dice:m57put8s]62810:18[/dice:m57put8s] - +7 for support, -4 from 12th penalties
WC1WD: [dice:m57put8s]62810:19[/dice:m57put8s]
GM benny to reroll
[dice:m57put8s]62810:20[/dice:m57put8s]

Benny WD
[dice:m57put8s]62810:21[/dice:m57put8s]

2nd GM benny to reroll
[dice:m57put8s]62810:22[/dice:m57put8s]

2nd Benny WD
[dice:m57put8s]62810:23[/dice:m57put8s]

Resolve: Spirit roll at -4
[dice:m57put8s]62810:26[/dice:m57put8s]

WD Spirit
[dice:m57put8s]62810:25[/dice:m57put8s]
The 12th doesn't only excel at combat. Searching the city for clues comes as naturally to them as eviscerating their foes.
The Raging Rhino-Buffalo and the Wiz-Kid take the unorthodox approach of fixing their way to information. Despite being chased around by some of the local gangs, they manage to fix a set of steps in front of the right building. One of the tenants begins inquiring as to why they're doing what they're doing. After learning of their search for the missing Missouri Smith, the fellow opens up. "Yeah, I ain't seen him myself, but...my kid sister got mixed up with one of them killer cults. Runs around with a silver mask like she's some kind of ghost. I heard her talkin' 'bout a mark they made. D'norr guy in a fedora. Her and her boss, Suli..." He pauses and sighs. "They turned him over to their leader. She talks about her sometimes. Super pretty girl. Curvy. Purple hair. Like my sister wants to be her. All sorts of wild promises about livin' f'rever and power. I tried talkin' her out of this stuff 'cause those promises ain't never what they actually get." He looks at the pair. "Please, if'n you find her, send her home, yeah? She's worked up a little, got some cyber. Spends some time at the arcade, hackin' the games. She don't mean nobody no harm. She just hates life in the Warrens, y'know? Maybe if'n she'd seen you guys..."
Ladies' night was equally profitable, with minimal fuss...at least, the type of fuss easily handled by a mind melter and werepanther roaming the streets. Heather's search sends the ladies of the 12th down Temple Street. Sure enough, inquiring near the Temple of Harmony at dusk reveals...not much about Gill, unfortunately.
Curatrix, though, sticks out.
One of the congregants of the neighboring Temple of the Four Elements admits to seeing a very large figure coming and going down Temple Street, always accompanied by between 1-3 figures of a normal size. There's no set schedule, and he doesn't pay much attention, except that the large figure seems to radiate a different aura. Heather's scan of his mind strikes the jackpot. The aura seen by the congregant is Curatrix, though darker than she remembers. A broadnet computer search details the major religions of any consequence found with temples or shrines on Temple Street:
1: Temple of Light & Darkness - The largest temple in the Quarter is devoted to the Pantheons of Taut (Ra, Set, and the Egyptian gods of Light & Dark)
2: Temple of the Four Elements - Those who "worship" here pay their homage to the elements. Warlocks, elemental fusionists, and others who believe in the forces of nature rather than any deity
3: Shrine of the Warrior - a non-denominational place housing representations of 38 different gods of war, hunting, stealth, and cunning, from a variety of pantheons; fitting for a place like MercTown
4: Winds of Fate - not a church or temple, but the domicile of a D-Bee Seer, renowned for her gifts of clairvoyance
5: Church of Harmony - a temple dedicated to the universalist belief in the tenets of Harmony
As the element worshipper strolls off into the night having divulged, knowingly or unknowingly, vital information, the shadows come alive. Several goons in strange silver masks leap to attack. They are very, very poorly prepared to fight a werepanther. A dozen acrobatic claw-swipes from the shifted Adriana send the masked assailants howling into the night, dripping blood (mostly flesh wounds) and begging Death for help and protection.
Marten and Pahi Oki's own trip into the Warrens is less pleasant than Everett & Alex's. They descend into the seedy depths of the bad end of town. Marten isn't subtle about who or how he questions. The wrong suspect in the wrong alley takes offense to the right question. "Maybe you ought to meet our Mistress!" The shadows unleash a handful of the now-familiar silver-masked villains. These are better prepared for battle, but meet with little more success than their cohorts on Temple Street. The last remaining goon, while staring at the cauterized death wound borne by his friend, goes into some detail about his mistress. "Cynara is death incarnate! I've never seen such power in any mortal being. The seed was watered in the Warrens and will blossom throughout MercTown, and then the world! We shall be her angels, and she will rule with true balance!" Before any other questions can be asked, a wave of energy washes over the mook, and his face goes sheet-white as his throat is crushed by an unseen force. A quick scan of the area reveals no likely perpetrators.
Pahi Oki feels the life force depart the goon, a feeling he has noticed in several locations throughout the worst parts of the Warrens. Those who live on the street are at exceeding risk. Sometimes, they go missing. Other times, they are found drained of life force and with no visible wounds. The few witnesses brave enough to talk all confirm seeing the "silver ghosts" before the victim passes or disappears.
The reverse scrying ritual couldn't be located in a better position. Dom's gift with the ghetto puts them in a prime location, both to draw from the line and to blend in to the landscape. Lanasa carefully lays out their reagents and other preparations, occasionally referring to Schuster's book if only to refresh her memory. Once the three are ready, Gaspard initiates the proceedings, and the other two join in the casting. Each of the three lends a portion of their own individual talent to the task. A flourish of diction here, an elegant wave of a hand there, and a subtle infusion of shadow into the gemstone. Gaspard, Dom, and Lanasa begin receiving feedback from the device. There is someone on the other side. The reverse scrying ritual has caught this being off guard. With a feminine scream, then orders barked by a more monstrous voice, the power from the other side of the stone is amplified. Still, at every step of the ritual, it seems the 12th is ahead of the game, countering their every move before they can make it. Slowly, the image sharpens. A beautiful woman with purplish-black hair, emerald green eyes, and a strange aura is surrounded by several magically-inclined individuals. Their forms are obscured, but you can feel them actively opposing you. They simply aren't able to overcome the formidable spellcraft of the Arcane Anomaly Team. You have identified, at least by sight, the woman who appears to be the leader. You have also narrowed the location to the Mystic Quarter, but the exact place is covered in mystic fog. You feel your enemy's resolve waver. Panicked orders are issued, confusion reigns.
The ritual continues. The opposition does their best to turn the tables on the 12th, hoping to find the location of the mages using their enchantment against them. The silver skulls have made multiple appearances, but seem to be killing the dregs in the Warrens with some regularity. Missouri is in the hands of the leader of a death cult. Curatrix is roving Temple Street, Gill is nowhere to be found, and you haven't located, with certainty, the death cult's headquarters. There's also the matter of the stolen book, with no further clues as to its whereabouts.
Press your advantage.
Instructions
Round 2 of the Mass Battle Investigation:
The 12th still has 9 tokens, one for each active PC, and one for other resources (Ghurab, Digrig, Lanasa.)
Your opposition has been knocked down to 10. They are vigorously opposing their discovery by outside forces, and have many assets at their disposal.
Determine your lead investigator. (Choice of Faith, Occult, Spellcasting, Psionics, Research, or Thievery skills as primary, unless you have a better idea for the situation.) They roll. The opposing mastermind will roll their chosen counter-skill.
12th: +4 Technical Advantage (Heather's computer, reverse-scrying the tracking gemstone)
Opp: +1 Overmatched (+1 token advantage); +2 Organizational advantage (your opposition is a well-oiled machine), -2 (Failure of Resolve roll)

In addition, both sides will have the support of Wild Cards who will contribute to their side's final results. Each Wild Card may make a roll of an appropriate support skill (Persuasion, Intimidation, Spellcasting/Psionics/Faith, Occult, Thievery, etc.) to add to their lead investigator / mastermind's final result.

The actual rules, straight copy/pasted from VV's most excellent adaptation, are below:

CHARACTERS IN INVESTIGATIONS
Player characters play an important role in the investigation process. Before the lead investigator makes her Research roll, each player who wants to aid the investigation describes what she’s doing and makes a Support roll with whatever skill she feels is most appropriate (Of course, enemy lieutenants can add to the mastermind’s Counter roll as well!). Success grants the investigator +1 to his Research roll but the hero takes Fatigue for her vigorous efforts. With a raise, she emerges without Fatigue and rolls on the Gumshoe table. She may choose to use the result rolled or give her investigator the usual +2 bonus instead

Gumshoe Table
2d6
2 Recover 1 Token
3-4 Opposing hero is -2 to Spirit roll for Resolve check
5-9 Add +2 to leaders roll
10-11 Apply -2 to opposing leader’s roll
12 Big Break. Opposition immediately loses one token (this doesn’t subtract from his Research or Thievery roll but does cause a Resolve check even if he wins)

INVESTIGATION
At the start of each round, the player characters discuss their strategy for the case. Next comes opposed rolls by the lead investigator and criminal mastermind. Add the modifiers below as appropriate to each roll.

Investigation Modifiers
Overmatched +1 for each token advantage above the lesser competitor
Technical Advantage +1 to +4 for any advanced, specialized, or arcane investigative equipment or items that could aide one side or the other.
Organizational Advantage +1 to +4 depending on the nature of the opposing force. Working against the federal government or organized crime is harder than investigating independent operators.

Time
Investigation is often slow work. The Game Master should set-up a timeframe that works with the story. A race against the clock (think of the television program 24) may use hours while a standard police procedural can happen over days or weeks.
This investigation will happen over the course of 24-48 hours.

Results
The winner of the opposed roll consults the Investigation Results. Tokens won by the investigators represent progress in the case and the discovery of important clues and information. Successes by the mastermind can cause any number of complications and roadblocks that the GM can describe narratively.

Investigation Table
Tie - Both sides lose one token. Investigators get an essential clue only.
Success - The winner loses one token and the opponent loses two.
Raise - The low roll loses two tokens.

Resolve
It takes hard work and dogged determination to track down a criminal or to avoid capture. When an investigator or mastermind loses a token they make a Spirit roll to determine their resolve in pushing their agenda forward. If a leader loses resolve things begin to unravel and they are -2 on their rolls for the next round.

J'Accuse
Once all the essential clues have been obtained the players should have the information they need to set-up the moment of accusation. This moment most likely triggers an active role playing scene such as a chase, social, or tactical combat to “catch the bad guy”.
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex perks up at the mention of a purple haired gamer, but then quickly looked down at the pile of odds and ends in his hands. He muttered, “Ok... Ok... Thanks... Just a few more... There!” As the conversation wound down Alex hi-fived the kid talking and nudged his Titan friend’s big toe, “We’ll get your sis back... I think I got enough to get a bead on Big M’s communicator. He always had a spare one up his fedora. I’ll be double damned if some silver plated ghosts kill him... Or worse.” Alex shook with child like fury for a moment of pure emotion, ”You and him Everette. You never treated me like... A kid.”

Alex pulled up his jacket and dusted off his brown pants. He held a small box that made a faint beeping sound. “This will beep more frequently the closer we get to Missouri. Lets go Everette!” Alex gave the juicer a side glance wondering not for the first time if he was talking to Everette or the more insidious Bollitrox. There was something about the titan that gave the kid savant something to think about, but that mystery would have to wait. Missouri needed help! When he was fixing the warrens he was methodical even if it first appeared random, but now he ran at a break neck pace determined to find big M before he was changed into something horrible.
Skill Electronics: [dice:1nqop9j3]62842:0[/dice:1nqop9j3] wild [dice:1nqop9j3]62842:1[/dice:1nqop9j3] benny, [dice:1nqop9j3]62842:2[/dice:1nqop9j3] wild [dice:1nqop9j3]62842:3[/dice:1nqop9j3]
Gum shoe: [dice:1nqop9j3]62842:4[/dice:1nqop9j3]
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Pahi Oki

Post by Pahi Oki »

Pahi Oki looks to @Marten as if to confirm that he has seen the death of the cult member.

He knows that spirits regardless of their affiliation will still communicate with him. The dieing man lays still his body cooling and Pahi Oki knows that the spirit of the man has yet to leave. There is time to heal the man or at least commune with his spirirt.

Pahi Oki looks to Marten, "Speak to Spirit, Man Dies." pausing "Man Lives, More Lies."

Focus 5 _
[*] Focus (1d10) [dice:2c43ow8s]62843:0[/dice:2c43ow8s]
[*] Wild (1d6) [dice:2c43ow8s]62843:1[/dice:2c43ow8s]
"City Spirits are strange."
Dominic Skodati

Got you now Tommy Boy.

The ritual gave us a reverse look at the enemy but without context knowing exactly where he was was impossible. I guessed they were in MercTown, and nobody knows MercTown like me. It's like Grand Central Station for illegal merchandise. Peering into the scrying image I peeled my wary eyeballs for a clue, a little something to help us zero in a little. A sight, a sound, a smell, something.

And then I saw it. The blinking neon sign on a street I knew. A street that ran along the ley line.

Not only could I see them, I knew where they were. It was time for a little payback.

Opening my mind to the line I sent a little message.

"I see you."

Common Knowledge 15, -2 to enemy roll
Common Knowledge [dice:16a6myf8]62900:0[/dice:16a6myf8]
Wild [dice:16a6myf8]62900:1[/dice:16a6myf8]
Ace [dice:16a6myf8]62900:2[/dice:16a6myf8]

Gumshoe
[dice:16a6myf8]62900:3[/dice:16a6myf8]
Marten

Post by Marten »

Faith 9
Faith [dice:1m7tfm3b]62902:0[/dice:1m7tfm3b]
Wild Die [dice:1m7tfm3b]62902:1[/dice:1m7tfm3b]
Gumshoe [dice:1m7tfm3b]62902:2[/dice:1m7tfm3b]
Seeing the cult member suddenly crumple before him, Marten grits his teeth. "Not so fast..." He quietly says a prayer, then lays his hand upon the man, miraculously healing his broken form.
Adriana
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Adriana »

Fighting 11 Gumshoe 6
Fighting [dice:2kxqdfvz]62905:0[/dice:2kxqdfvz]
Wild Die [dice:2kxqdfvz]62905:1[/dice:2kxqdfvz]

Gumshoe [dice:2kxqdfvz]62905:2[/dice:2kxqdfvz]
+2 to Leader's Roll

Adriana once again found herself fighting those blasted silver masked attackers. Seriously bad fashion. She had a circle of them and thought it was the whole group as she took them down. Her felinish jaws parted in a sort of grin as she took them down. Was she enjoying herself. Perhaps too much time in the city was getting to her.
Last edited by Adriana on Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adriana Da Silva
Cheatsheet

Bennie's 3/3

Wounds 0/3

Edit Sig
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Psionics 9; that's a Raise, but also a crit fail; +2 support?
+2 Mentalist, +4 technical advantage, +2 Major Psionic
Psionics [dice:3m32mpqr]62954:0[/dice:3m32mpqr]
Wild [dice:3m32mpqr]62954:1[/dice:3m32mpqr]
Gumshoe, if it applies +2 to Leader
[dice:3m32mpqr]62954:2[/dice:3m32mpqr]
Wounds 4
[dice:3m32mpqr]62954:3[/dice:3m32mpqr]
Forgot to Soak
Soak 4; Soaks 1 Wound
Vigor [dice:3m32mpqr]62954:6[/dice:3m32mpqr]
Wild [dice:3m32mpqr]62954:7[/dice:3m32mpqr]
Injury Didn't actually go down.
[dice:3m32mpqr]62954:4[/dice:3m32mpqr]
Guts [dice:3m32mpqr]62954:5[/dice:3m32mpqr]
Merctown
Evening
Round 0

Heather looked at the lists of temples in the Temple Quarter. That Church of Harmony sounded right up Gill’s alley. She wasn’t sure what Curatrix was doing wandering around without Gill. Maybe he was running errands?

Heather and Adriana made their way to the Church of Harmony to ask some questions and see if they had seen Gill. Heather didn’t expect another attack by the silver masked cultists. While Adriana fought them off, another group was sneaker, and jumped Heather from behind. A blow to the head left her wits scattered, so that she could only curl up to defend herself until Adriana could come to her aid.
Keeping/Armed
Stealth armor (12)
Overcoat (5)
Field computer (2)=19
Survival pack (in room?)
Leaving in Locker
Flaming Sword
Shard Pistol
Fireburst rifle
1 High Explosive grenade
2 Plasma grenades
Mission
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Find Missouri.
Find Gill and Curatrix.
Find Peeping Tom.
Character Tracker
Powers: bolt, conceal arcana*, detect arcana*, empathy (free reroll), fear (free reroll), fly*, invisibility (armor), mind link, mind reading, puppet, slumber, telekinesis (auto raise)
Encumbrance: 35.75/20 (including pack, 55.75/20, -2 Pace, running, Agility-linked skills, Vigor to resist Fatigue)(Normal: Armor 12, Coat 5, 4 Grenades 2, Field computer 2=20)
Master of Psionics: Mind Melters get a free reroll on all Trait rolls when using psychic abilities and their Psionics skill; this does not allow Critical Failures to be rerolled.
Mental Resistance: Melters have +4 to all checks to resist psionic effects, and +4 armor against psionic damage..
Grenades (carried)
1 High Explosive
9 Fragmentation
2 Plasma
Loadout
Stealth armor
Shard pistol
Field computer
Flaming sword
Overcoat
Shopping List
Hand scanner
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
AP grenades
EMP grenades
Last edited by Heather Todd on Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Character Tracker
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Intimidation 5; +1 Fatigue, -1 Benny
Intimidation: [dice:3gqn42w6]62982:0[/dice:3gqn42w6]
Wild: [dice:3gqn42w6]62982:1[/dice:3gqn42w6]
Benny
Intimidation: [dice:3gqn42w6]62982:2[/dice:3gqn42w6]
Wild: [dice:3gqn42w6]62982:3[/dice:3gqn42w6]
"Sure, Alex," Everett says with a thumbs up, "We'll find Missouri. Lead the way, kid."

Everett stays close to Alex and keeps him out of trouble. Most of that is posturing for the gangs by waving Balitrox around, shoving the biggest guy, and running of the mouth. We still have plenty of goodwill stacked up from our previous antics, so the locals aren't too worried about keeping us off their turf. Without too much effort, Everett is able to keep Alex safe.

Unfortunately, Everett has been amped up all this time and even a Juicer can't go forever. He's a little more sluggish and would kill for a bite to eat, but he doesn't say anything to Alex. He keeps trucking along for the kid.
  • Uncanny Reflexes: Juicer reflexes are superhuman, granting them −2 to be hit by any attack they are aware of and +2 on Evasion rolls.
Note: Neither Quick nor Uncanny Reflexes apply on the first round of an unexpected combat/high-stress situation.
  • Ravenous Abandon (Berserk): Per the Berserk Edge, Everett can flip the switch and give partial control over his actions to the Reaver of Essence. This comes at a cost - ending Balitrox's berserking rage is not an option until its hunger has been sated by the blood of a wielder of arcane power
  • Charge: She may ignore the penalty for Running when making a Fighting attack at the end of her movement.
    • Overrun: If he moves at least one inch beyond his normal Pace before making any Fighting attacks, the hero adds +2 to the damage rolls. Any target Shaken by such an attack is knocked prone.
  • Drug-induced Euphoria/Tranquility: In order to keep the Juicer from burning out over a matter of days, the bio-comp constantly supplies a combination of psychotropic drugs and chemical inhibitors to keep him happy and calm. Juicers live in a state somewhere between mildly ecstatic and stoned, which causes −1 to all Smarts or Smarts-linked skill rolls in non-combat or low stress situations. On the first round of an unexpected combat or high-stress situation, the Juicer doesn’t gain the benefits of Uncanny Reflexes or Quick.
  • Frenzy: A character with Frenzy rolls a second Fighting die with any one of his Fighting attacks for the turn. The extra die may be allocated to the same or different targets as he sees fit. Resolve each separately.
  • Internal Repair System: As an action, the Juicer can make a natural healing roll at +2 to heal Wounds; this costs one charge.
  • Level Headed: Draw an additional Action Card each round in combat and choose which one to use.
  • Multi-Optic Helmet: It includes a targeting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. The wearer ignores Illumination penalties, gains +2 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. The helmet includes a hands-free radio (10-mile range) and megaphone voice-projection system.
  • Quick: Whenever you are dealt an Action Card of Five or lower, you may discard it and draw again until you get a card higher than Five.
  • Size +2
  • Split the Seconds: Juicers and Crazies often find themselves living between the ticks of the clock. This Edge allows them to ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties each turn (they can perform two actions at no penalty or three at −2 each).
  • Super Endurance: They require only half the normal amount of sleep and gain +2 on all Fatigue checks.
  • Trademark Weapon, Improved: +2 to Fighting with Balitrox and +2 Parry when Balitrox is readied.
Edit Signature

Gaspard Gillead

Lasana +1, Perdie No Help, Gaspard Research 18
Lasana Spellcasting [dice:2gv58ef3]63007:0[/dice:2gv58ef3]
Wild Spellcasting [dice:2gv58ef3]63007:1[/dice:2gv58ef3]

Proditione Intimidation [dice:2gv58ef3]63007:2[/dice:2gv58ef3]

Gaspard Research (includes Lasana) [dice:2gv58ef3]63007:3[/dice:2gv58ef3]
Wild Research [dice:2gv58ef3]63007:4[/dice:2gv58ef3]
Benny to Reroll
Gaspard Research (includes Lasana) [dice:2gv58ef3]63007:5[/dice:2gv58ef3]
Wild Research [dice:2gv58ef3]63007:6[/dice:2gv58ef3] ACE [dice:2gv58ef3]63007:7[/dice:2gv58ef3]

Bennies: 0/3
As the rite continues, Gaspard grins. Looking over the additional information everyone has sent, he nods, and motions to his co-ritualists. "Lasana, keep up the ritual, now that it's going. Dom, you and I should head to the temple district, I think that's where everyone else is converging, so we will want to be there for the big show."

As they move through the streets, Perdi attempts (under orders) to clear the way by shooing pedestrians out of the way, but as he is also forbidden from actually getting physical, he fails to make an impression on the jaded inhabitants of the evening streets of Merctown.

Still, Gaspard is confident that they should all be getting close to the thieves, and hopefully their missing members, as well.
resolve 6

Resolve [dice:2gv58ef3]63007:8[/dice:2gv58ef3]
Wild Spirit [dice:2gv58ef3]63007:9[/dice:2gv58ef3]
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Gear
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Bag of Holding
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Re: A Place For Rolls

Post by Snake Eyes »

The Last Stand
WC2: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:0[/dice:3jipayqh] - -1 from fatigue = Failure
WC2WD: [dice:3jipayqh]1d6 [/dice:3jipayqh]

WC3: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:1[/dice:3jipayqh] adds 1
WC3WD: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:2[/dice:3jipayqh]

WC4: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:3[/dice:3jipayqh] -1 fatigue
WC4WD: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:4[/dice:3jipayqh]

WC5: [dice:3jipayqh]1d8 [/dice:3jipayqh] -1 fatigue
WC5WD: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:5[/dice:3jipayqh] adds 1

WC6: [dice:3jipayqh]1d8 [/dice:3jipayqh] -1 fatigue
WC6WD: [dice:3jipayqh]1d6 [/dice:3jipayqh]

WC7: [dice:3jipayqh]1d8 [/dice:3jipayqh] -1 fatigue
WC7WD: [dice:3jipayqh]1d6 [/dice:3jipayqh]

WC8: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:6[/dice:3jipayqh] -1 fatigue
WC8WD: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:7[/dice:3jipayqh]
Ace with prior, -1 fatigue
[dice:3jipayqh]63022:10[/dice:3jipayqh]
Gumshoe: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:11[/dice:3jipayqh]

WC9: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:8[/dice:3jipayqh] -1 fatigue, adds 1
WC9WD: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:9[/dice:3jipayqh]

WC1: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:12[/dice:3jipayqh] - +3 for support, -4 from 12th penalties
WC1WD: [dice:3jipayqh]63022:13[/dice:3jipayqh]

Resolve, -2 for lost tokens, -2 from previous round
[dice:3jipayqh]63022:14[/dice:3jipayqh]

WD Spirit
[dice:3jipayqh]63022:15[/dice:3jipayqh]
Results for the 12th
Heather receives 3 wounds after Soak.
Marten has 1 level of Fatigue from round 1.
Pahi adds 1 level of Fatigue from the current round.
Everett adds 1 level of Fatigue from the current round.
The momentum of the investigation is in the 12th's favor. The leads are solid and the prey is faltering.
With the information gathered from the Fixing the Warrens campaign, the Raging Rhino-Buffalo and the Wiz-Kid set off with purpose to find their missing friend. Luck is on their side...or is it? Whoever nabbed Missouri failed to dispose of his communicator, and even left it on. Alex's homing beacon gets a firm lock, and he sprints away like a bloodhound on a trail. Everett does his best to keep up, but the titan juicer's size bogs him down. Still, a man that size is easy to see coming, and those in the way move quickly to clear them a path. Their chase leads them back to the Mystic Quarter and down Temple Street. On the way, they pass the Wizard's Wayside Inn, where they're beckoned inside by Proditione, Gaspard, and Dom, who have news of their own.
Pahi Oki and Marten do their best to commune with the parting spirit. While beyond the capability of most medicine, and even magic cures, the hands of the Gardener of the White Rose manage to stave off the final departure long enough to wring an answer from the tortured soul. "She lied...the demons are clawing at my feet... Cynara... Harmony isn't real...look beneath the floor..." His spirit passes even beyond what the Knight and the Warlock are able to find. But Harmony rings in their heads. With that ominous thought rattling around their inquisitive minds, they return to the Wizard's Wayside to reconvene with their cohorts.
Heather is nothing if not persistent. Her inquisitions grow more urgent and less delicate. Lost in her fervency, she unfortunately shuts her mind to the outside world, focused only on the Harmonious congregant in front of her. Adriana is fast, but isn't fast enough to reach every silver-skull who set themselves upon the ladies of the 12th. One, still standing in the shadows, reaches out with psionic force, catching Heather off guard and telekinetically shoving her back against a pillar. She hits with enough force to inflict real harm. Adriana watches her friend slump to the floor, barely clinging to consciousness. With a feline snarl, she launches herself into the shadows, scratching at the ghost. Her prey howls in pain. In an instant, the silver skull ghost turns intangible and sprints through the wall of the Church of Harmony. Once the threats are clear, Adriana scoops up the severely wounded Heather and carries her swiftly back to the Wizard's Wayside to apprise her teammates of the new developments.
Heather, for her part, managed to connect with the mind of the psionic who attacked her. Curatrix is seen frequently with several hooded and cloaked escorts. What she discovers, though, is that Gill is always with him as one of the cloaked individuals. They have not been separated from each other since entering the city. Indeed, they were together, too, at the Collegiate Arcane during the attack...which they led themselves.
The reverse scrying ritual is a continuing, titanic struggle of arcane masters of a variety of persuasions. Even the formidable foe at the other end, though, is no match for the eldritch craft of the Legion's best. The three Legionnaires push even harder, pumping more and more energy into the stone. Almost like the opening of a rift, the stone projects a crystal clear image of their adversary. Under a glowing, neon sign advertising religious trinkets on Temple Street, a nearby church houses a sanctum in a basement, concealed under an altar and a false floor. There, a beautiful woman stands, her hands outstretched towards the stone's viewer, a grimace of anger on her face as she realizes her plans are undone. Something in her visage belies her true form. She is most assuredly not human.
Cynara
Cynara.jpg
Cynara.jpg (57.3 KiB) Viewed 16565 times
She is joined at the viewer by two more women, each pouring their own arcane energy into the counter-attack.
Two Mages
elf mage.jpg
sorceress.jpg
Sweat drips from their brows as they struggle in vain against the superior might of the 12th. In the background, a fearsome, hideous warrior stands in front of a slumping form which is chained to the wall.
Dark Warrior
mystic knight.jpg
Blood drips from the individual's wounds, fueling the disgusting scrying ritual, though to little avail. A black grimoire lays, closed, upon a pedestal. Along another wall lie what appear to be rows of lifeless bodies, cleaned and dressed, but assuredly dead. Then, the image goes blank. The arcanists of the 12th have won their victory. Gaspard requests Lanasa to finish, and she agrees. "I will permanently seal the lids of this eye; they'll never use this gem for their terrible purposes again." With that, the Dom, Gaspard, and Proditione hurry back to the Wizard's Wayside, summoning the remainder of their forces to reconvene and compare notes.
Swiftly, the members of the 12th Arcane Anomaly Team convene and compare notes. The attacks in the Warrens appear to be for fuel only. The downtrodden, outcast, and homeless are victims for this death cult, and they're led by a dark woman. The Church of Harmony, as Marten and Pahi have discovered, appears to be a false religion, or at least a front for the death cult. Why Gill and Curatrix seem to have fallen in with the death cult, no one knows. But the mind of the psionic who attacked Heather didn't lie. Heather most definitely saw both Gill and Curatrix, as clear as day, leading the attack on the College. Their shapes and sizes fit the images shown on the security feed, and the smaller form (Gill) made great usage of summoning otherworldly allies.
Alex's homing beacon still has a lock on Missouri's communicator, and it centers directly on the Church of Harmony. Whether Missouri is there, alive or otherwise, cannot be determined. The individual chained to the wall was blocked by the form of what appeared to be a mystic knight. There is no way to tell whether any of the bodies on the floor belong to him.
As Gaspard pieces the final parts of the puzzle together, Lanasa stumbles in, exhausted but apparently uninjured, and carried by Ghurab. Breathlessly, she exclaims. "They...at the last...they saw me. They know that...that we know. You...must...hurry." Ghurab, somewhat surprised by the condition of the 12th, laments the situation. "We have nothing we can offer in the way of assistance. We've been ordered to guard the grounds, as we suspect another attack is imminent. The Council has convened to determine how to stop the threat. Joseph is with us. His ties to the Black Devils are important to the defense." He looks at the new additions, then continues. "Though I see that you have at least replaced your numbers. That is good."
Instructions
You have one severely wounded companion, and three who are Fatigued. You know where the death cult is based, which happens to be where Missouri's communicator is located. Gill and Curatrix are frequently in the same location. There are at least three magic users of various types accompanied by a mystic knight in the basement of the Church. At least one formidable psionic and a cyber-enhanced girl run with the cult. You must decide your next course of action, and according to Lanasa, you should do it quickly. It is likely that they will be expecting you to attack. Do you pause to rest and heal? Do you attack as you are, having perhaps only time to magically heal some of Heather's wounds? Do you contact the authorities and let the cops handle it? Do you say "bollocks this" and retire to the Dinosaur Swamps to live peacefully in what's left of Florida, leaving MercTown to its fate? RP, ask some questions, pull a trigger on a decision, and we'll move on accordingly.
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Marten

Post by Marten »

Healing 9 (Two Wounds Healed) Relief 1 sux
Healing
Faith [dice:3r45e671]63028:0[/dice:3r45e671]
Wild DIe [dice:3r45e671]63028:1[/dice:3r45e671]
Benny
Faith [dice:3r45e671]63028:2[/dice:3r45e671]
Wild Die [dice:3r45e671]63028:3[/dice:3r45e671]
Ace [dice:3r45e671]63028:4[/dice:3r45e671]

Relief (Self, Everette and Pahi)
Psionics [dice:3r45e671]63028:5[/dice:3r45e671]
Wild Die [dice:3r45e671]63028:6[/dice:3r45e671]
Marten sees that Heather has been injured. He rushes over to her and after a brief consultation with his gods, lays his hands upon her and heals 1 of her wounds.

After this he notices that both Pahi and Everette seem to be tired, as he is as well. He whispers a prayer and they feel as if a warmth spreads throughout their bodies, better than chicken soup, it puts a pep back in their step.

"I don't know what the rest of you found, but there's something to do with Harmony that's behind all of this. Someone, a woman I'm pretty sure, is striking people down in the bad parts of town without ever laying a hand on them."
Last edited by Marten on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dominic Skodati

Seeing Marten lay hands on Heather makes Dom eager to lend his hands as well, not so much for magical prowess but because you know - hotness. Nonetheless, he does channel the nearby ley line to add some extra magical "oomph" to the mystic's efforts.

Sometimes even the divine needs a little nudge in the right direction
Support (Spellcasting) +2
Spellcasting [dice:1rf8xl4k]63029:0[/dice:1rf8xl4k]
Wild [dice:1rf8xl4k]63029:1[/dice:1rf8xl4k]
After the little group hug, Dom lets Gaspard do most of the talking but does offer commentary on the female witches they saw on the other end of the scrying, "Definitely, powerful, angry, magical types. Good look though. It reminds me of the girls I used to date in the magic zone. I think evil sorceress is my type."
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex listens quietly looking up at all the heroes. I am just a kid... A crippled kid. I wouldn’t even give me a chance. But that is how I am going to get in. He slunk out the back tapping Everettes mighty little toe. The kid had to really reach to get that high standing on his tippy toes and all. He whispered, “Big M needs me now Everette. I got nothing except this clutch from Mordain... I looked in it twice, my armor is not there.” Alex frowned, his eyes moist and sparkling, “I can’t even help Heather... I got nothing. But I learned from the 13th, a hero’s got to do what a heroes got to do. I am going to dash over to where they got Missouri and scout around nice and secret like. If I can get him out I’ll take it. I would do the same for you Ev... Because you, like him, are family.” Alex gave Everette a look, like how a little bro would look up at his big bro.

@Heather Todd Can you... I wish I could help you, but I got to go get Missouri. Please watch Everette’s six... Those new folks... Don’t trust them one bit. Alex could not help but give Perdi a hug and @Dominic Skodati a knowing nod on his way out back in the stoic night of Merc town.
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard frowns. "@Alex, Missouri is where we are going, in the Temple of Harmony. Stay with us. But...". He turns to the Academy rep. "Do you have enough pull with the city that we could get Alex's armor out for this siege?"
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Adriana
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Adriana »

Adriana must have gotten frazzled by the fact that Heather got injured on her watch. She stays with the other two in healing Heather.
Spellcasting Support +2
Spellcasting [dice:3g0zwplt]63032:0[/dice:3g0zwplt]
Wild Die [dice:3g0zwplt]63032:1[/dice:3g0zwplt]

Wild Die Ace [dice:3g0zwplt]63032:2[/dice:3g0zwplt]

Adriana Da Silva
Cheatsheet

Bennie's 3/3

Wounds 0/3

Edit Sig
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Ghurab nods at Gaspard. “When Lanasa told me what she had seen, I made contact with the Council. The boy’s suit is arriving shortly. I was instructed to ask you not to do any excess damage to the city.” He looks down at the weary caster. “We need to get you back to the College. They’ll have need of your expertise.”
Lanasa looks over the faces of the 12th. “I wish that combat were my focus. I would join you. Alas, I am little more than a researcher. Please be careful. Blood magic is no parlor trick.”
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Adriana
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Adriana »

Adriana makes sure Heather is truly ok after the Healing(s). She really does seem bothered that someone got past her to Heather when she was charged with protecting her. She nods distractedly at Lanasa as she says she is going to the College. Her escort mission had failed in her own eyes. Sure, Heather was alive but she had been grievously injured. Plus being stuck in this blasted jungle of stone. She shifted from foot to foot while they waited for Alex's armor. The moment the kid was inside she was going to take off. Then make it to an intersection and realize she didn't know the place very well and have to wait for the rest of her team to catch up and lead the way.
Adriana Da Silva
Cheatsheet

Bennie's 3/3

Wounds 0/3

Edit Sig
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex was used to people discounting him and calling him boy so grubhubs comment did not bother him. But what stopped him his tracts, two steps out the door, was that Perdi’s handler @Gaspard Gillead seemed to actually be aware of him and quite possibly for the second or third time acknowledged his existence as more than the group’s cheer leader. The kid stepped back in from the cold and quite possibly certain death to look at the D’norr. Could it be that Perdi’s ward cared? I know the demon has a soft spot for me, but his wizard I always thought he saw right through me...

Ever since the 13th SET of the tomorrow legion had abandoned him in castle refuge he had grown a bit distrustful and suspicious of people’s motives. Sometimes his mouth got the better of him and spewed too much, but after he had a chance to think he often saw the darker side of things. If these new folks... If even one of them is against us they will know we are coming. Yeah, Gas has it right... Time to armor up.

He side eyed @Dominic Skodati pretty sure he was at least one of the traitors working against the group. The way he happened to be in Modain’s lair never sat straight with the kid. He also gave the non vamp vampire another look sure she was definitely the other. The so called werecreature, @Adriana had let Heather get hurt! He pulled out his cred chip showing it to Lasana and Grubhub, Determined to press on and to let the traitors in their midst know he was all in, “I got 200,000 credits here... I was saving it up to get my leg replaced, but given Missouri is on the line. You two get my armor here along with a railgun with silver ammo in two minutes it’s all yours, plus... A signed copy of Dres Marbles latest hits...” He paused finishing his thought as his technowizard friend (Libertas used to say something on the stick all the time) might but it comes out sort of weird from a kids mouth, “Shit on a stick, two minutes is all I can spare.”
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Everett Jackson
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

When @Marten heals Heather then does some kind of magic business to rejuvenate the team, Everett sighs with relief, "Thanks, dude. I've been chasing Alex around non-stop since we left here last time."

Everett listens to the group talk and plan then says, "We should definitely head out as soon as @Alex gets his suit back. All this trouble we've gone through won't mean much if we don't hit 'em quick. Just don't go in too gun happy. Missouri might be in there. Also, the kid's friend might be there. She's a purple haired cyber-girl that got mixed up with the wrong group. Phasers to stun where she's concerned, alright? We told her brother we'd get her out of there."
  • Size +2
Edit Signature

Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Merctown
Evening
Round 0

Heather sagged onto the bed in the room where they put her. Her head had stopped bleeding, but she was still seeing double, and her head throbbed with a migraine. Damn. How could she let herself get jumped like that?

She sighed as Marten and Dom came to heal her, giving a concussion-drunk smile to Dom as his hands wandered. Then Alex’s words came into her head.

Alex...no...not alone… Heather replied through the mask of pain in her head. Wait for the rest of us. Too dangerous.

“When Lanasa told me what she had seen, I made contact with the Council. The boy’s suit is arriving shortly. I was instructed to ask you not to do any excess damage to the city.” Ghurab said.

“What about the rest of our gear?” Heather asked. She could use her grenades right now, to shove down Gil’s throat. His betrayal burned in her gut. The only question was would she use plasma, or high explosive.

Heather reached a hand out to Adriana. “Not your fault,” she said. “I got sloppy.” She gave the new woman a smile.

When the healing was done, Heather got up and took a moment to wash the blood from her face. Head wounds were the worst, and bled like the devil.

“No one is going off alone. We do this together. We go in loaded for bear as much as possible. That mystic knight will be tough, and Gil and Curatrix are no pushovers. As soon as our gear gets here, we go.”
Keeping/Armed
Stealth armor (12)
Overcoat (5)
Field computer (2)=19
Survival pack (in room?)
Leaving in Locker
Flaming Sword
Shard Pistol
Fireburst rifle
1 High Explosive grenade
2 Plasma grenades
Mission
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Find Missouri.
Find Gill and Curatrix.
Find Peeping Tom.

-1 Wounds
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 9 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Loadout
Stealth armor
Shard pistol
Field computer
Flaming sword
Overcoat
Shopping List
Hand scanner
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
AP grenades
EMP grenades
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Adriana
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Adriana »

Adriana gives a non-committal grunt at Heather's reassurance. She had gotten sloppy herself to have missed that Heather was in trouble. If nothing else she could have stood over the other woman and taken the beatings. She wouldn't have really felt it.
Adriana Da Silva
Cheatsheet

Bennie's 3/3

Wounds 0/3

Edit Sig
Pahi Oki

Post by Pahi Oki »

Pahi Oki just stands in the shadows of the Wayside and follows the conversations as best as possible. He would offer his healing but time is limited and his means do take time. His ways of healing are also less jolting and shocking than what he has seen today.
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Ghurab winces at the mention of a mystic knight. "I...do not envy your upcoming battle. Yes, the arrangements were made for your equipment. It should have been packed and on the transport with the power armor...which is arriving now." He looks out the door of the inn. A hover-truck backs up to the door. The driver and a passenger jump out and move to the back to unlock the doors. As the doors open, Ghurab looks back to you all. "We have extended ourselves and our good name at the College to obtain this exception. The truck will remain parked here to collect your belongings once your, hopefully successful, operation is completed. Security forces are on high alert. Wandering out much past the College and Temple Street areas will likely trigger forceful response. Even the boy's armor will not withstand the firepower of MercTown security." He bows his head. "May all the gods of all the heavens see fit to bless your defense of life and light." Assuming no more questions, he exits, Lanasa in tow. She musters little more than a weak "good luck" on her way out.
OOC Comments
Your gear is packed in the lockers you left them in, accessible with your thumbprint key cards. This includes any gear Pahi, Marten, and Adriana would've had to store while in MercTown. Missouri and Digrig's lockers are also there, but you don't have their key cards to access their vaults. While you could, if you wanted, attempt to hack the locks, this will be a lengthy process and will probably involve neutralizing the two truckers who are staying with the truck. Considering your haste to heal and restore fatigue, I assume this isn't the option you'll choose. You may continue RP while I work on the next post.
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex scowls. Grownups were always talking over him and never too him. Alex took out a small ledger called shit list and erased @Gaspard Gillead name and added Grubhubs. He also scribbled down all the new comers names as well still not convinced they were not spies for the cult. @Dominic Skodati was written in pen and highlighted bright yellow. Anyone peeking over his shoulder would notice the Do in Dom was scratched out.

He headed to his armor putting his credits away. It would have been nice to be able to go into the fray with a rail gun and something that could hurt vamps but just like 99% of the folks he had met so far he was just some “boy”. He waved bye to Lasana and Grubhub calling to them, “This boy has a name and all. The name is Alex and we are going to save the day because it’s what we do.”
Damnit Missouri... I am coming. Just hang on...

Once in the suit he checks the systems and weapons then run out into the night this time armored for war.
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Gaspard Gillead

Gaspard glances over @Alex's shoulder in time to see 'the List'. He crouches slightly, murmuring to the boy. "You might want to take @Adriana off of there, as well. After all, while it's true Heather was injured while they were out, it's also the case that Heather came back alive--I'm not sure that any of the rest of us could have guaranteed that, any better, given how badly she was injured. I'm just saying, keep an open mind." The D'norr pauses for a moment. "Keep that other one in ink, though. Perceptive of you, there."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Skills:
Gear
Bag of Holding
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Merctown
Evening
Round 0

Heather couldn’t carry much more of her gear without becoming overburdened in a fight, so she swapped out her computer for all but two of the fragmentation grenades.
Keeping/Armed
Stealth armor (12)
Overcoat (5)
Grenades (3) (1 HE, 2 Plasma, 9 frag)=20
Survival pack and field computer (2) (in room)
Leaving in Locker
Flaming Sword
Shard Pistol
Fireburst rifle
1 High Explosive grenade
2 Plasma grenades
Mission
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Find Missouri.
Find Gill and Curatrix.
Find Peeping Tom.
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 9 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Loadout
Stealth armor
Shard pistol
Field computer
Flaming sword
Overcoat
Shopping List
Hand scanner
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
AP grenades
EMP grenades
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card
Adriana
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Adriana »

Adriana sees Heather starting to leave things behind. "If need more, I can carry."
Adriana Da Silva
Cheatsheet

Bennie's 3/3

Wounds 0/3

Edit Sig
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Merctown
Evening
Round 0

Heather looked at Adriana and smiled. “Honestly, if I’m down to using any of this, something has gone totally screwy,” she admitted to the werecat. “But feel free to take any of it you like with us. I suppose you never can have too much firepower in this kind of situation.”
Keeping/Armed
Stealth armor (12)
Overcoat (5)
Grenades (3) (1 HE, 2 Plasma, 9 frag)=20
Survival pack and field computer (2) (in room)
Leaving in Locker
Flaming Sword
Shard Pistol
Fireburst rifle
1 High Explosive grenade
2 Plasma grenades
Mission
Destroy the Bleak Tome.
Find Missouri.
Find Gill and Curatrix.
Find Peeping Tom.
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 9 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Loadout
Stealth armor
Shard pistol
Field computer
Flaming sword
Overcoat
Shopping List
Hand scanner
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
AP grenades
EMP grenades
Character Tracker
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Adventure Card

Return to “Adventure Archive”