The Bleak Tome - "interrogating" Nixie

Snake Eyes
Game Master

The Bleak Tome - "interrogating" Nixie

Post by Snake Eyes »

Alex, having had his mini pow wow with some of the members of the 12th, manages to seize the opportunity and duck out of the meeting while the grownups are blabbering about this and that. He makes a show of going to his room to give himself a reason to leave the chaperone at the door. He ducks out a minute later, dusting the chaperone and running to where they left Nixie. The hall in front of her dorm room is empty except one student acolyte patrolling the hall as a guard. @Alex waits until the guard is down the hallway, then sneaks to the door. The lock is easily defeated for a gifted youth such as himself. In the blink of an eye, he's through the door. Nixie lies on a bunk, sleeping peacefully, no worse for the wear.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Alex

Re: The Bleak Tome - "interrogating" Nixie

Post by Alex »

There she is...
Alex really did not have much of anything with him other than fierce determination, a communicator, and a bag full of pluck. He snuck over to Nixie staying low for no apparent reason other than it felt appropriate. He whispered tugging at her arm hoping against all odds she woke up, “Nixie... Nixie... wake up we need to get you out of here...”
I hope the rest of them are doing their parts... Assuming they could get out of the meeting without too much ire.
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 10; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 20(10)[1] MDC; Strain: 0
Combat Edges: Elan, rock and roll, [fearless], [Battle hardened]
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Damage: By grenade type: plasma 3d10 SBT, 60/120/240, shots 40, rof: 3
Weight: 75
Snapfire, RoF uses one grenade per shot.
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    Notes: Jet Boosters (Jump 12” horizontal, 6” vertical)
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      • Fusion Missiles are $3K each. The MAE-3 cost $750.
    • „ „ Vibro-Sword (right arm)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Nixie blinks, looks around, then jumps back as @Alex gently wakes her. "The hell...what happened? Where am I? What do you mean 'get me out of here'? Didn't you bring me here, Frosty?" She scans her surroundings and her situation. She checks a few pockets and an implanted compartment and finds them all empty, thanks to Dom's search. "Right. You got all my toys. Fine. What now? I don't know nothin' your brain eater friend didn't pick out of my head."
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex jerks a finger toward the door. The concern on his face is evident as well as how his heart felt about Nixie. He whispered, “ I know you told us everything, that is not why I am here. I lo—-” His hush voice caught in his throat. Burn me... I really do love her... But no way she feels the same. I was just a mark. He slightly pivoted returning to why he was there, ”The city officials came before I could get you out. But now we need to get you out of here before Dom or Heather... Or worse come to finish the job. They are not going to let you live. When Dom stabbed you I thought for sure you were dead. And Heather could turn you into a mimd slave at her whim. I have this feeling that you need to get out of here. Do you have some place you can go? Some place out of the city you can lay low?”

Alex also clicked his hand held radio, signaling @Everett Jackson @Kidemonas and @Adriana that it was time. “Distraction now please.”
Alex Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d8(2), Smarts d10(2Mars, 1), Spirit d6(1), Strength d4(0) {1d12+4}, Vigor d8+[2]( [d10](1, 1 advance)
Powers Weird Science: Detect/conceal(25/25), Blast(25/25), Dispel(25/25), smite(25/25)
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Smite Power Attached to it with an Electricity Trapping ( Mega Version is Available as well)
Alex Armor
  • Triax T-31 Super Trooper: Size 1, +10 M.D.C. Armor, +2 Toughness, Strength d12+4, Pace 7.
    • „
    • 2 × Rocket Launchers (shoulders). They only fire the F4 Fusion Block missiles (Range 15/30/60, Damage 6d6, RoF 1, AP 25, Mega Damage, SBT). Each launcher has two missiles
    • „ „ 2×Mounted Rocket Launchers (legs)Left anti-vehicle(4d6 AP11), right normal(5d6 AP6) SBT. 100/200/400, RoF 1, shots 2
      „„
    • 3 × MAE-3 (“Maysies”) Hand Charges. The Maysies are thrown or placed (Range 5/10/20, Damage 3d8, RoF 1, AP 10, Mega Damage, SBT)
      „„
    • 2 × Laser Torches (each palm). The laser torches can be used in combat (Range 4/8/16, Damage 3d6, RoF 1, AP 3, Mega Damage
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

A smile crosses Nixie's face. This kid is really hooked. The smile fades quickly as the possibility of a gutting or a mind-controlling are mentioned. "What kind of sickos do you run with that would do that? Ugh." She drops her head, lost in thought. "Yeah, I mean, my brother's in town, but he couldn't stop a slug from catching me." She looks up and stares into @Alex's eyes. "Come with me. You're so ice. You could protect me. We could get to Whykin or Kingsdale before your pack knows you're gone. I can get us set up when we get wherever. I'm hell with code. Crack a few accounts, get us data on what's scamming. Maybe we start our own crew." She grabs his hands in hers and squeezes them tightly. "Let's get in the wind." She doesn't break her stare as she waits on his answer.
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Kidemonas
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Kidemonas »

Alex wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:39 pm Alex also clicked his hand held radio, signaling @Everett Jackson @Kidemonas and @Adriana that it was time. “Distraction now please.”
With the queue for the distraction Kidemonas looks at the giant juicer. "Lets Wrestle, that will get some attention on us. Make it look good." Then he smiles and releases his power assuming his true form.

Wrestling with the giant man is hard, the Juicer was as skilled as Kidemonas, but so much faster. It was hard to get hold of the little guy. Even if when the Juicer did get hold of Kidemonas he was not able to grapple him fully or restrain him. The effect was impressive and Kidemonas could feel the Juicer would easily restrain him in his humanoid form. Deliberately pounding the ground and making sure there is noise of laughter and energy Kidemonas hoped his distraction was enough.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Snake Eyes wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:53 pm A smile crosses Nixie's face. This kid is really hooked. The smile fades quickly as the possibility of a gutting or a mind-controlling are mentioned. "What kind of sickos do you run with that would do that? Ugh." She drops her head, lost in thought. "Yeah, I mean, my brother's in town, but he couldn't stop a slug from catching me." She looks up and stares into @Alex's eyes. "Come with me. You're so ice. You could protect me. We could get to Whykin or Kingsdale before your pack knows you're gone. I can get us set up when we get wherever. I'm hell with code. Crack a few accounts, get us data on what's scamming. Maybe we start our own crew." She grabs his hands in hers and squeezes them tightly. "Let's get in the wind." She doesn't break her stare as she waits on his answer.
@Alex’s eyes grew wide and a small smile crept over his face. There is is... A chance to run off... With a hot lady. For a full three seconds the kid was in all the way. For good or ill he was just too much of a hero to leave his work with the 12th undone. Who would be there to stop the more unsavory members from going over the line? There was still hope for Everrette, how could he abandon his best friend when he needed him most? Gaspard had come around just fine, and Kid seemed ok. Could he leave those three to the twisted machinations of the rest?
Almost reflexivly he whispered, “No... I am sorry. I want to go with you more than almost anything. I... We, will get you to where you will be safe but... I have to come back here. I made a promise to watch their backs.”
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„
Adriana
Gold Patron
Gold Patron

Post by Adriana »

Adriana looked at Kidemonas and then at the juicer. She smirked. "Wrestle or fight?" Then she shifted into her larger werepanther form and stood ready to join.
Adriana Da Silva
Cheatsheet
Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Athletics d8 (+2 Climb), Common Knowledge d4, Notice d4 (+2 If Cat/Man Monster Form), Persuasion d4, Stealth d6, Spellcasting d8, Psionics d6, Fighting d10 (+2), Intimidation d4, Survival d4, Shooting d4, Occult d4, Language d4 American (Native: Spanguese)

PPE 20/20- (10 from Werecat 5 from gem, 5 from advance)
ISP 20/20 - (10 from Werecat 10 from gem)
Bennie's 3/3

Wounds 0/3

Claws STR+2d12 AP 8, Bite STR+2d4 AP 8, attack x2 each claw one Wild Die to go to either.

Silver Plated Sword STR+d6 ,

Edit Sig
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Opting not to participate in the research (interrogating / springing Nixie, eating room service in the faculty wing of the dorms, floating around MercTown etc.) just means you leave your fate in the hands of the bookworms of the 12th. Draw a card and narrate how you spend the next day or two.
1 = Clubs: Something bad happens to you!
2 = Diamonds: Stumble on something of value! (Take it easy. No BFBs, Spirit Bows, or Deathbringers.)
3 = Hearts: Meet a new friend!
4 = Spades: Dealer's choice!
Everyone who posts an interlude gets a benny.

1d4
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Alex

Post by Alex »

A group of thugs hung near their road hogs in the more seedy part of town listening to some eclectic german rock band. They were contimplating on stealing candy from the baby that lived on the end of J and Filth street when they saw Alex and Nixie running down the oppisite side of the street.

A mean looking orc snorted pointing a tatoo ladened fist at the pair running by, “Yo, Grigback ain’t that the kid that fixed up your ride a few days ago?”

A gracktooth stopped smoking his cigar for a moment. He squinted his good eye at the pair. He nodded slowly with some amount of recognition, “Yeah Bra, turn down the musak, That be the kid. Thought he was wiring it for a steal, but turns out he made it purr like a flamewind.” One of the members turned the dial on their boom box from 11 to five.

The orc chuckled nodding in agreement. His meaty inked fist pointed down the street behind the pair at some of Merc Town’s finest chasing after them. He snorted, “Looks like the kid is in a jam. Officer Dan and his two bit Murder Squad are after them.”

The big grackled, leader of the J street gang colloquially called Marbleheads because of their love for smashing peoples heads into the ground and Dres Marbles Left music, straddled his road hog. “Lets give Officer Dan a fly by. Saddle up Gents, we ride!”

In a dark Alley Alex looked at Nixie, his heart nearly stopped. She really was beautiful. Despite his previous bravado about staying with the 12th his heart was torn. A life with Nixie, while perhaps seedy, would be a life worth living. Honestly, it was hard for the kid. He had spent some time with the robot armor pilot Max. The two never really talked much about their personal romatic entanglements, but the kid knew the dog boy had a hole in his heart left by Nadine, Max’s true love. What if she is my Nadine? How can I leave her? So that is it... We escape and I start a new life. Away from the legion, away from the 12th... His eyes looked up into Nixies’ eyes. He was hooked. Spend a life with her.

The Merc Towns finest had seemed to have gotten entangled with a local biker gang. Now was the time to run. Alex took a deep breath and gave one long last look down the street watching the kerfuffle. “Ok Nixie, I changed my mind. I am with you...” When he turned back to her she was gone...
Alex Stat Block
Bennies
6/3
+1 post rate
+1 interlude
+1 loot organization
Alex Weapon
WI-GL20 Automatic
Alex Armor
    • „
      „„
      „„

Return to “Adventure Archive”