The Bleak Tome - Side Hustle

Snake Eyes
Game Master

The Bleak Tome - Side Hustle

Post by Snake Eyes »

At the 11th hour of the 2nd day, Dom makes his way towards his dormitory with an appointment to keep. Gaspard, ever vigilant, has a hunch.
instructions
@Dominic Skodati is leading with his best Stealth or other appropriate Subterfuge type skill. Rack up as many bonuses as you can, spend bennies, and set the target number. @Gaspard Gillead will be using his best Notice or other Investigation type skills to smoke out Dom's attempt at a side hustle. This is a simple pass/fail. Dom succeeds, he passes off the Bleak Tome to Setnaja and no one's the wiser. Gaspard succeeds and the switch is thwarted.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Dominic Skodati

Re: The Bleak Tome - Side Hustle

Post by Dominic Skodati »

Spellcasting 9
Using disguise to alter appearance to avoid being followed.
pLL1d12!!+2/1d6!!+2
pLL1d12!!+2/1d6!!+2
While the others mess aroung with Alex, Dom uses his time more productively and heads out to make the exchange with Setnaja. Their mysterious boss made good on his side of the deal and Dom needed to make good on his. It perplexes the Rift Runner to why a Tomorrow Legion goody-goody would want to study the tome at all. Perhaps these legion types aren't as nice as they say. Given his team's propensity to kill it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Heading into a crowded street he tries to make sure he isn't being followed by anyone from the team, then ducks out of sight for a moment, flipping up the collar of his trench coat and taking on a more pedestrian look. He then slides back into the flow of foot traffic and heads on his way.
Gaspard Gillead

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

OOC Comments
1d6!!+2
Ld1d6!!+2
When Dominic arrives at the exchange-point, he finds... not Setnaja, but rather Gaspard. What's more, as he checks his six, Dominic sees Proditione coming around a corner. "No. Just no. The Tome corrupts anyone who peruses it, and Setnaja's insistence that he's immune is prime reason for him to not have the chance. If it were more convenient to do so, I would have simply arranged to have a squadron of Legion Cyber-knights here to meet you, instead. But I have my own reasons for not wanting to turn this into a thing. So here's the new deal. You and I swap possession of our books--I take the Tome, and you get the cookbook, and when Setnaja gets here in about fifteen minutes, you let him have it. I've got the notes I need for the ritual, so he can keep it, for all I care. Not the prize he wanted, but hopefully he'll accept it as a consolation award. The official story will be that we did this to throw anyone who knew you were minding the Tome off-track. I can conceal the aura until it's time for us to go. And your rep with the Legion won't be sullied with this little affair."

The D'norr pauses. "Of course, if you prefer, we can settle this in a different fashion, but I should warn you--I only slightly preferred not turning you over to the Knights. You'd better be prepared to finish me off, quick, because I won't hesitate."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Dominic Skodati

Post by Dominic Skodati »

"For an investigator, you got a real problem with logic." Dom says with a sigh. "Don't give the book to Setnaja but give it to you, who rides shot gun with a demon everyday. Seems pretty six of one half a dozen of another to me."

"You're also not thinking far enough ahead. Setnaja is a leader of the legion, head's up our entire group. If he is a bad seed this book baits the hook. If he's not, then we know for sure. We also bait some other hooks related to our last job. If you get your jollies busting a street thug like me fine. But if you want to catch the real dangerous people you gotta play the long game."

Turning to leave, Dom brushes past Gaspard and keeps a leery eye on the pet demon.

"So, no book for you. None for Setnaja either. Everyone loses. And if you kill me to take it. You prove your a worse evil than I ever will be."

Return to “Adventure Archive”