Adventure 3: Cullport Open RP

Snake Eyes
Game Master

Adventure 3: Cullport Open RP

Post by Snake Eyes »

You have just been given concurrent assignments by both Setnaja and Lieutenant Vielar. Do you have any questions for them before you go? Ask those here.

You have some time to get to know your new comrades. Benny for everyone who posts a little RP interaction with your associates in this forum in lieu of doing interludes.
Beware the mesmerizing eyes of the snake!
12th AAT Bennies
12th AAT GM Bennies: 2/8
Wild Card Bennies:
Devak: 0/2
Varig: 0/2
Cole: 0/2
Prestige Unlimited Bennies
Prestige Unlimited GM Bennies: 5/5
Wild Card Bennies:
William Tack: 3
Kraig: 3
Vedder: 3
Shade: 3
Fletch: 3
Findriel: 0
Niels: 4
Gaspard Gillead

Re: Adventure 3: Cullport Open RP

Post by Gaspard Gillead »

Gaspard listens in silence while Setnaja explains the basic situation. When the serpent-man pauses to allow for questions, he doesn't even hesitate. "What's in the box, then--and who might be interested in intercepting the delivery?" He pauses, then, thinking it over, adds, "Also, while we can't teleport the box safely to the island, for reasons I trust you're about to explain in more detail now that you've covered the basics, can it be teleported at all? If not, I'd suggest someone other than Dominic or myself carry it, as we tend to use teleportation as a combat tactic. If it's just long-range teleportaion that's the issue, then that'll be fine."

He pauses, then continues. "I should clarify my first question--it's really more of a request to assist the mission. 'Please open the box, and reseal it after we've all had a good look.' See, I'm paranoid, Dom's easily tempted by possible profit, and Adrianna's, well, a cat. The odds of that box getting from here to your friend unopened are very, very small unless we're all satisfied on the particulars before we get on the road."

The D'norr is clearly more comfortable with the second assignment. "I take it Mustaine will brief us on the murders themselves, Sir, so I just would appreciate it if you could show us an image of the man, or--barring that--a detailed physical description. I'd just as soon not be lured in by someone pretending to be him, if you follow me."
Gaspard Gillead
Seasoned D'Norr Shifter
OOC Comments
Agility d6, Smarts d12, Spirit d10, Strength d4 (d8 in armor), Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 17 (8); Strain: 0; Corruption: 0
Skills:
Spellcasting d12; Fighting d4; Athletics d4
Academics d8; Research d10; Common Knowledge d6; Occult d8
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll, -1 outside Occult circles); Notice d6; Stealth d4
Edges: Charismatic, Horns, Bind the Summoned, Spell Mastery (Interrogation); Ley Line Magic Mastery; Ley Line Phasing; Ley Line Gate; Sense Rifts; Shift Reality; Linguist; Diabolist; Strong-Willed; Psychotically Brave; Investigator
Hindrances: Quirk (Sweet Tooth); Minor Enemy (Toben Heiros); Code of Honor; Sensitive; Alien Physiology; Disconnected
Powers (Personal): Return From Whence You Came; Mystic Armory; Mana Chill; Authority; Wings of the Demon; Mystic Interrogation; From Darkness Born; Rapid Transit; Expanded Awareness
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Nightmode, Magnification, Wall of Flame (May Use Damage Modifier), Universal Translator, Fortify Will (may use Greater Boost Modifier)
Special: Communication Rift; Dimension Sense
Gear
Soulguard (+2 Resistance to Corruption/mind control; Fortify Will Power)
Combat Mage Heavy EBA (+6A/+3T, +2 Strength Die-types)
Vibro-Knife (Str + d4 MD, AP 6)
Rift Staff (Str + d6, Parry +1, Manipulate Rifts +2, 2-handed, +2 PPE/rd to do MD)
Branaghan Arms Special Overcoat (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Bag of Holding
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

THE ARCANE SANCTUM

A slight smirk crosses Setnaja's face at Gaspard's question. "But of course. The contents of the box are, coincidentally, some of the gantrium you brought back from Amity. Refined, worked, combined with other elements, and enchanted. The result is an object of significant power in fulfillment of a request from a friend in need. It is not volatile as a standard explosive would be, but it most assuredly should not be misused. The box is itself enchanted to be resistant to arcane scanning and some degree of attempts to access it, though not impervious. Hence the need to hide it amongst the dimensions if it were to be discovered by dedicated parties."
He snaps his fingers and the box blinks from Dom's hands back to his own. Another snap and the box returns. "It is not the teleportation itself, but the destination. There are arcane, metaphysical, and political barriers to delivering this item in this way. Besides that, we wouldn't want Master Skodati to lose his edge, would we?"

THE BRIEFING ROOM
Vielar nods. "Of course." An image of a man with long, curly red hair pops onscreen. "The only information we have is that these murders are recent. I think you all are well suited for this one." He looks quite specifically at Gaspard and Heather.
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Custos CarcerisXXVII

Post by Custos CarcerisXXVII »

"Is..that a mobile and hidden pocket dimension anchored to your person?" XXVII asks @Dominic Skodati, "We have storage realms in my homeland, of course, but I believe this is the first time I've seen one used with such ingenuity. You barbarians are full of surprises. When you're not busy hitting each other with sticks and high powered projectile launchers..."

The construct is distracted the moment he realizes @Kidemonas is, in fact, a dragon, "Great one! It is my pleasure to greet you. Are you to accompny us on our mission, then? I will endeavor to impress you, and should I do so, I hope you would consider sharing your ancient wisdom with one such as I..."

"Are you...a feline?" XXVII's focus snaps over to @Adriana, "Intriguing. May I have a sample of your biological matter?"
Custos Carceris XXVII
"XXVII"
Pace: 6(d6); Flight: 6(d6) Parry: 7(2); Toughness: 23(10)/25(12) MDC
  • +4 Damage from Psionics and -4 to resist Psionics
  • -2 Protection vs heat-based Attacks
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken, ignore 1 point of Wound penalties, don’t breathe, and are immune to Disease and Poison. Repair (Occult) instead of Healing with no Golden Hour.
  • Improved Senses: +2 to Sight-based Notice; Ignore Dim/Dark Illumination Penalties.
  • Malfunctions: Constructs are subject to the same types of problems plaguing all advanced items (i.e. Technical Difficulties).
  • No Vital Systems: Called Shots deal no extra damage versus them.
  • Obscure Construction: −4 penalty on skill checks related to XXVII's construction (such as repairing, modifying, or examining them).
  • One with Magic: Gain detect/conceal arcana as an Innate Ability; can sense supernatural beings within line of sight with a Notice check. Conceal arcana even works while sleeping, it only stops working if forcibly Incapacitated.
  • Weapon System (Integral; 2): Staff of the Archmage and Enchanted Greatsword may be concealed when not in use. Looking for them when concealed imposes a -4 penalty to Notice.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2;
PPE: 22/25; Staff PPE: 10/10 Overdrive PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 2/3; Golden Bennies: 0/1
Custos' Color(#BF40FF)
Edit Signature
Vito
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Vito »

The topheavy sharkman eyes each of his new companions in turn, squinting a bit at some, offering if anything perhaps a veiled sneer at others. You're not really sure if the giant maw hanging open is a sign of wonderment, contemplation or just to reduce the amount of huffing and wheezing he does most of the time. The sheer volume of air displaced with each breath gives his proximity a faint coppery odor. And taste.

He forcibly grunts in a low, gutteral tone, Nice to meet your acquaintancing, I s'pose. Sounds like a-you all have a history but from what I'm hearing the work doesn't seem to change much. That's a lotta fancy talk for "go here and take this box with you" but if the pay is good, I'm game I guess. Nothing ever ends up as it seems when we start out, so you'll forgive a bit if I don't seem all chummy right away. Uh heh! Nothing personal, of course. I'm here to do a job and I'll do it.

The murdering, now, that's unfortunately not too unfamiliar where I come from. Seems no matter where I go some wants to wipe out someones else and lots of the time the only real solution is responding in unkind. I s'pose I can do that too if ya need.
Current Bennies 4/3

Vito Updated Character Sheet
Blackfish
Daniel (Lars)

Post by Blackfish »

The
Blackfish
Blackfish
makes a point to introduce himself to each team member.

He’ll offer a hand to shake if the other is willing.

“Greetings. I am Blackfish. Trained in Lazlo to utilize magic for combat. I look forward to getting to know you.”

He is quite well spoken, has a large vocabulary and perfect English, for such a brutish looking fellow.

In his shadowy cloak and
In armor
In armor
armor he stands at 7’ 8” and appears to carry only a TW pistol and a Bowie knife.

Out of combat, out of armor, he still stands at a brawny 7 feet 2 inches. Actually a little short for the average ogre.
Accounts

Discord: Daniel (Lars)

Savage Rifts Game Master
    • The Black Company
    • Machinations

Savage Rifts Player Characters
  • Niki NEMA Peacekeeper / Commando
    Adventures Inc. GM - Venatus Vinco
  • Mercer Mercenary Exiled RCSG
    Mercy Six GM - Pender Lumkiss
  • Boon Psychic & Mechanic
    Phaseworld GM - Ndreare
  • Blackfish Combat Mage / Ogre
    Tomorrow Legion 12th AAT GM - Snake Eyes
  • Player Account 6 Unlocked & Unused.
Heather Todd

Post by Heather Todd »

Castle Refuge
Afternoon
Round 0

The small, petite young human woman sat in a chair typing away on a field computer until Setnaja started his briefing, when she brushed some brown hair from her blue eyes and paid attention. She studied the new members of the team, doing a light brush of their minds for anything worrying or suspicious. She wore simple jeans and a fitted blouse. The others made their introductions.

“Welcome to the team,” Heather spoke quietly. “I am Heather Todd. It doesn’t sound like we will have time to run some team exercises before we are in the field to get used to working together, so we will all need to be on the ball about things.”

They seemed to have covered what was in the box. “Who do you expect would want this box, and why? And why just toss it if it’s in trouble?” she asked with a frown.

Character Tracker
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 16 (8)
ISP: 50/50
Blue Mind Gem: 35/35 ISP; intangibility
Red Mind Gem: 30/30 ISP; barrier
Mind Circlet: 10/10 ISP for barrier, intangibility (innate powers)
Bennies: 5/3
Shard Pistol: 12/12 shots
Armor: 10/10 PP
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
First aid kit: 3/3
Powers: barrier (red mind gem), bolt, conceal arcana*, confusion, detect arcana*, empathy (free reroll), entangle, fear (free reroll), fly*, intangibility* (blue mind gem), invisibility (armor), mind link, mind reading, mind wipe (blue mind gem), puppet, slumber, telekinesis (auto raise)
Encumbrance: 36.75/20 (including pack, 56.75/20, -2 Pace, running, Agility-linked skills, Vigor to resist Fatigue)(Normal: Armor 13, Coat 5, 4 Grenades 2=20)
Major Psionic: May spend 2 ISP to gain +1 to the roll, or 4 ISP for +2.
Master of Psionics: Mind Melters get a free reroll on all Trait rolls when using psychic abilities and their Psionics skill; this does not allow Critical Failures to be rerolled.
Mental Resistance: Melters have +4 to all checks to resist psionic effects, and +4 armor against psionic damage..
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 9 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Character Tracker
Heather Todd Character Sheet
Parry: 4; Toughness: 14 (6)
ISP: 30/30
Armor: 10/10 PP
Bennies: 4/3
Encumbrance: 28/28 (including pack, 70.75/28, -2 Agility and Strength skills)
Major Psionic: Mind Melters have the Major Psionic Edge and can spend 2 ISP to gain a +1 with any Psionic skill roll, or 4 ISP for a +2 (paid before the roll is made). These effects are doubled when on a ley line.
Mental Resistance/Mentalist: +6 vs Psionic effects, +4 Armor vs Psionic damage, +2 opposed Psionics rolls
Rapid Recharge: 1 ISP/30m
Grenades (carried)
  • 1 High Explosive
  • 1 Fragmentation
  • 2 Plasma
Shard Pistol: 36/36 shots
Fireburst Rifle: 20/20 shots
Adventure Card
  • Let’s Settle This: Play at the beginning of a combat round with no Jokers. No character can soak wounds until a Joker is drawn.
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Setnaja's forked tongue darts briefly out from behind his lips. Uncharacteristic for him, despite his serpentine nature. "Who would want the box? Anyone with even the basest knowledge of the arcane, or anyone who has even the remotest understanding of material values. The contents of that box would be priced in the tens of millions of credits at least." He considers his words, then continues on. "There are certain forces on both this planet and scattered across many worlds and dimensions who would take particular interest in that box. Not the least of which are a vile race of slugs called 'Splugorth.' It should not fall into their hands. If you 'toss' it into a random dimension, I will be able to find it and reclaim it before they could." He smiles at @Heather Todd. "It is unlikely that anyone outside of this sanctum knows that such a thing exists. However, secrets never remain so for long. I hope that you are able to deliver the parcel before it becomes known."
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Dominic Skodati

Post by Dominic Skodati »

Custos CarcerisXXVII wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:33 pm "Is..that a mobile and hidden pocket dimension anchored to your person?" XXVII asks Dominic Skodati, "We have storage realms in my homeland, of course, but I believe this is the first time I've seen one used with such ingenuity. You barbarians are full of surprises. When you're not busy hitting each other with sticks and high powered projectile launchers..."
Dom rolls his eyes, Great another all knowing pretensious d-bee. At least Gaspard will have some competition, "No I ain't got a dimension in my pocket I'm just happy to see yeah."

He gives a wink at Heather and turns his attention to Setnaja's description of the box, stopping to hang on the words 10 million credits before piping up.

"You know my delivery fee is ten percent right? Twenty if someone shoots at me."
Snake Eyes
Game Master

Post by Snake Eyes »

Setnaja laughs at @Dominic Skodati. "I had hoped the augmented plates of armor I commissioned...and helped craft, a little...might temper the fee some. But you are right. There is additional danger involved in this if it is discovered."
He gestures to one of the closed doors at the side of the hall. Reille, in the flesh, it seems, emerges. Setnaja gives him an order. "Please see to it that one hundred thousand credits for each of my faithful friends are deposited into the Legion's account for immediate disbursement." Reille bows, makes a few arcane gestures, and disappears into a rift.
Setnaja smiles at the group. "Consider that a deposit against a successful delivery. Fair, Master Skodati?"
12th AAT Bennies
Wild Card Bennies:
Wild Card Bennies:
Dominic Skodati

Post by Dominic Skodati »

Snake Eyes wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 am "Consider that a deposit against a successful delivery. Fair, Master Skodati?"
"It'll do. I'm a good guy now apparently, so I accept your charity even if it's half of what I'm worth." He taps his armored plating proudly, "As for these, we literally defied death to get them. You still owe me as far as I'm concerned."
Vito
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Vito »

(grinning)We're all good guys...uh, present company accepted (nodding toward the ladies) I'm assuming our employers thought I was good too I guess. That's a first. I wonder if they know 'for what.'
Current Bennies 4/3

Vito Updated Character Sheet

Return to “12 AAT Adventure Forum”