Interview With The Vampire

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Interview With The Vampire

Post by Stoic »

The place Alvarez arranges the meet is a dumpy looking building, a bar called The Golden Burro. The bars namesake, a holographic Golden Cartoon Donkey is projected onto the side of the building, the projector flickering rather badly at times. There is a line of Hovercycles parked out front, the identical color scheme and obvious weaponry suggests they belong to a Cycle gang. You enter the dimly lit establishment and quickly pick out Alvarez, sitting in an even dimmer corner. There is a chair for each of you and he has taken the liberty of ordering a dusty pitcher of beer, half of it already gone.

"Thank you again for earlier, I greatly appreciate it. He winces. I'm sorry for meeting you at such a..place, but discretion is very important. He lowers his voice a bit, and you notice he slurs the occasional word.

"I know the official line is that the city is Vampire free. That is not the case. In fact, there is a group here called The Executive Circle. People say they secretly run everything. What people don't know, is that they are all undead."

He frowns, and takes a big swallow of the beer. A scantily clad waitress slides another pitcher onto the table as she walks by.

"I know a woman. Heh, well, she was a woman. Regardless, she is not to be harmed, do you understand? She works for The Executive Circle and, I suspect, is also a vampire. If you agree to not harm her, I will give you her contact info and arrange a meeting. What do you say?"

Instructions

State in character whether or not you agree to his condition. If you agree, then post what you would like to do before the meeting. You have roughly an hour before it starts.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Sig

Re: Interview With The Vampire

Post by Sig »

Ciudad Juarez/The Golden Burro
Evening
Round 0

Sig noted the hovercycles outside and was glad he had decided to gear up for this meeting with Alverez, so the big grackle was in his armor and carried his weapons. He figured his loadout might discourage anyone else from trying to pick a fight, though maybe it was a bit too conspicuous.

Sig thanked the waitress, noticing only that she definitely wasn’t hiding any weapons in that outfit. What he needed was a good, solid grackle woman. He brought his attention back to Alvarez and his “possibly a vampire” friend.

“She’s a vamp, and you put up with her?” Sig asked the cop. “Why would she want to talk to us? I’m fine meeting with her, if this Executive Council is the movers and shakers you say they are, and I won’t hurt her as long as she behaves. I’m not watching a bloodsucker feast on anyone.”

Once the meeting was set, Sig asked the bartender if there was a private room they could rent. Better to have the meeting out of public view. Then he got the room ready and posted up to keep an eye on the biker gang so they wouldn’t cause any trouble.

Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Parry:9 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 22 (9)/Ranged: 24 (11)
Bennies: 5/4
Deflector screen: 10/10 PP; deflection and protection
Winter’s Heart: 10/10 PPE; smite and slow
  • Sloth (2 PPE, Range Smarts d6, 5r): frost condenses around the target, slowing the target)
    • Halves the target’s total movement each round (round up). With a raise, movement is also an action. The target automatically attempts to shake off the effects of sloth at the end of each of his next turns by making a Spirit roll.
    • Area of Effect (+2 or +3): MBT or LBT
    • Strong (+1): Spirit roll to shake the effect is at -2.
    • Greater Sloth (+2): The target cannot run, and with a raise is Vulnerable.
  • Smite (2 PPE, Range Smarts d6, 5r): Weapon grows cold and glows an icy blue)
    • Increase damage +2, raise +4
    • Additional Recipients (+1 per target)
    • Greater Smite (+2): Damage +4 MD, Raise +6 MD
Shotgun: 2/2
Big Bore Shotgun Silvered Slugs: 100
Big Bore Shotgun Slugs: 12
Thunderer: 8/8 x 2 reloads (8)
Plasma Ejector: 45/48 x 2 reloads (48)
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol: 15/15 shots
NG-59 Ion Pistol: 20/20 x 2 reloads (20)
  • Grenade: AP 1/1
NG-LG6: 20/20
  • Grenades: Plasma 6/6
Armor Piercing Grenades x 2
Fragmentation Grenades x 4
High Explosive Grenades x 3
Plasma Grenades x 2
Rockets Launcher: 4 mini-missiles
IRMS: 4/4
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Rations: 7
Arcane Resistance/Improved: Arcane skills targeting the hero suffer a −4 penalty (even if cast by allies!); magical damage is reduced by 4.
Assassin: +2 to damage foes when Vulnerable or assassin has The Drop.
Block/Improved: +2 Parry, ignore 2 points of Gang Up bonuses.
Brawny: Strength +1 die type for encumbrance
Brave: +2 vs. Fear, -2 to rolls on Fear table
Combat Reflexes: +2 Spirit to recover from being Shaken or Stunned.
Connections: Ciudad Juarez City Hall
Dodge/Improved: -2 to all ranged attacks against him unless surprised, and +2 when evading area effects.
First Strike: Once per turn, free Fighting attack against an opponent when they move within reach
Improved Arcane Resistance: +4 Armor vs. magic, +4 to resist magic
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Iron Jaw: +2 to Soak and Vigor rolls to avoid Knockout Blows.
Prehensile Tail: Extra non-movement action. Ignore 2 points of MAP
Regeneration: Natural healing roll every day for Wounds and Injuries.
Soldier: Free reroll on Vigor vs. environmental hazards; Strength +1 die type for encumbrance
Titan Belt: +2 Size, +4 Toughness, +2 die types Strength
Take ‘Em Down: When attacking targets 1 or more Sizes larger than the hero, he adds +4 to the AP value of his weapons.
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Parry:10 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 20 (8)/Ranged: 22 (10)
Assassin: +2 damage vs unaware
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 vs. Fear
Combat Reflexes: +2 to unshake
I Know a Guy
Prehensile Tail: Extra non-movement action, no MAP
Thunderer: 7/8 x 2 reloads (8)
Plasma Ejector: 48/48 x 2 reloads (48)
NG-59 Ion Pistol: 18/20 x 2 reloads (20)
Rockets Launcher: 2 normal rockets, 2 anti-vehicle rockets
First Aid Kit: 2/3
Rations: 14
Bennies: 6/4
Adventure Card:
  • Peace: Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc.

Loadout
  • Main Weapon (hand): Thunderer Combat Hammer
    • 2 reloads
  • Backup Melee Weapon (hip/tail): Vibrosword
  • Backup Melee Weapon (boot/tail): Vibroknife
  • Long arm (back): Pulse Plasma Ejector
    • 2 reloads
  • Spare longarm (back): NG-LG6
    • Grenades: Plasma x 6
  • Sidearm (hip/tail): Ion Pistol/integral grenade launcher
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
  • Rocket Launcher (back): Loaded standard
    • Standard rocket x 2
    • Anti-vehicle rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • High explosive grenade x 3
    • Armor Piercing grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack
  • Kingsdale security badge
  • Kingsdale wi-fi access chip (in armor)

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
  • Notes: All-Terrain, Handling 1, Sensor Suite, M.D.C. Armor
  • Mini Rail Gun (can be made Fixed to get +1 Mod back)
    • Damage: 2d8+4 AP 6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • ROF 4
    • Shots: 32

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
Kittani Automated Rifle (Vehicular Light Laser, Pace 8, Danger Sense, Marksman, Super-Tech, needs repair)
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Serival raises a brow, and echoes some of Sig's concerns. "I admit, I am a bit confused. Do you believe it is best for this Executive Council to remain in charge? Do you want to overthrow them? Are you hoping we can break their hold over your friend? I wish to know what, precisely, your goal is in arranging this meeting--which, I admit, is likely to prove useful to our aims."
Serival Drumm
Seasoned D'norr Automaton Controller (MARS)
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (Fear -2), Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 13 (6 EBA)
Skills:
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll; +2 Networking); Common Knowledge d4 (+2 Forgery, +2 Shady Characters)
Notice d8; Repair d6 (Toolkit = d8+5, Offset 2, Raise = 1/2 time)
Occult d8; Piloting d12+1; Spellcasting d12+1; Fighting d10
Stealth d10 (+2 Armor, Urban +2); Hacking d6; Athletics d6 (Urban Climb +2, Pads +4, Grapple Gun +2/+4); Thievery d10+1 (+1 vs. Electronics)
Edges:
Charismatic; Electronics Security Expert; Streetwise; Thief; Ace; Concentration; Master of Magic
Hindrances: Cautious, Mild-Mannered, Major Vengeful, Major Sensitive, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (CS, Federation, others)
PPE: 30
Powers (Personal): Reveal Night's Secrets, Arcane Analysis/Aura Suppression, Unweaving, Titan's Grasp, Suborn, Kiss of Morpheus, Faerie Ruckus/Hush, Scale with Ease
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Night's Embrace, Wings of Night, Stealth Mode, Cloaking, Universal Translator, Agony, Paralysis
Gear:
Arzno TWA-1500 Incursion EBA (+4A/+2T; EBA gives +4 vs. Hazards; Camo Mode; Concealable; Retractable Short Swords (Str+d6); Silver knuckledusters (Str+d4 Silver); Multi-Optics Helm: Ignore Illumination, Offset 2 Range, +1 Shooting Calibration; 1 PPE/Hr)
Branaghan Special Armored Overcloak (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Psionic Mind Shield (+4 Resist/Armor vs. Psionics; 3 PPE/hr)
Neural Mace (Str+d6+4 Non-Lethal Damage, Touch Attack +2, Vigor -2/-4 or Stunned)
Whip of Pain (Str+d4 MD AP 2; Reach 2; Activation 1 PPE; 2 PPE cast Agony with attack roll)
Paralysis Staff (Str+2d4 MD Silver; Activation 1 PPE; 3 PPE cast Paralysis with attack roll)
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Glass (Infiltrator Automaton)
Size 1; Remote Operation 60"; Str d12+4; Toughness 14 (7 MDC); Pace 8
Shard Punches (Str+1d6 MD, AP 6)
Innate Intangibility: Become intangible (as Power) for 1 round, with no roll or PPE; has 1-round cooldown
Fast Regeneration: 10 Serival PPE, Duration 5 Rounds
40 PPE (Glass Powers only); Recharges as Serival does, also may be recharged directly by Serival
Powers (may use Modifiers): House of Glass; Reflect & Deflect; Mask of Deceit; Concealment; Mystic Portal
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc has been on edge the entire time the have been Ciudad Juarez, mainly because he has known where and when the Vampires were close and about. He had spent a great deal of time resisting the urge to engage them as his general impressions were that it would turn the city inside out.

As @Sig and @Serival Drumm have conversed and brought forth concerns, Doc realizes that he can no longer remain silent.

"You obviously have very little experience with vampires. Being enslaved is just a loss of freedom. Being turned is a loss of humanity. One gain regain their freedom. Regaining humanity is ... "

Doc shakes his head and continues, "What ever this senorita meant to you. You had best either forget about her or kill yourself. She isn't coming back. She will never again be the woman you knew before."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
Pace: 6; Parry: 2 Toughness: <10>(<0>)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • na
Wounds: 0/3 ; Fatigue: 0/2 ; ISP/PPE: 15/15
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • 52: Payback
    Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • 38: Folk Hero
    Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
  • #: Card - Effect
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Kindreth

Post by Kindreth »

Kindreth places a hand on @Doc Olliday's shoulder. "What my friend means to say is, of course we will honor your and not hurt your contact, so long as we receive the same consideration in return. We are, as you might call us, the 'good guys,' and while we will stay our hands in this instance, we cannot promise to do so in the future. Is that enough for you, Alvarez?"
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

"My contact is a vampire I believe, yes, but at the same time I sense some discomfort she has with her condition. I can tell she isn't happy with The Executive Circle, and my hope is that you are of a like mind so far as truly ridding this fair city of the undead's influence. My contact just wants to be left alone, and she has said that once the circle is broken, she will move along."

After everyone agrees to not attack her in sight Alvarez nods, and excuses himself. He comes back a few minutes later with a name, Dalia, and a location, The Sleeping Burro hotel. The meeting is set up for 1:00 a.m., so you have a little bit of time to change, drop off or pick up weapons, etc. When you arrive you discover The Sleeping Burro to be a mid level hotel, not anything special, but definitely cleaner and more secure looking than many of the alternatives. When you arrive you tell the old man behind the counter that you are looking for Dalia. He nods, no expression on his face whatsoever and jerks a thumb in the direcion of the ball room. You show up and see a couple of dozen tables with white cloths on them and a pale woman sitting at a bar, smoking a cigarello. ”Sit, please.” she says, gesturing towards the empty stools around her.

”Officer Alvarez speaks highly of you. He is not a man that is easily impressed, I must say.” She puts the cigarello to her lips, but does not appear to inhale.

”He says you are interested in The Executive Circle, yes? Please, tell me what questions you might have and I will try to answer them as best as I can. And then I will tell you what I know.”
Instructions

Feel free to ask her anything you would like. A successful Occult or Notice roll will point out to you that she does not appear to breath. A raise will confirm that she is indeed a vampire as you pick up on subtle nuances that only the undead manifest.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

OOC Comments
One With Magic:
Notice 1d8!!+2: [6]+2 = 8
Wild Notice 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Even if Serival's optical helm weren't telling him that the woman seated across from them is as cold as the room they're seated in, like any other corpse, Serival's attunement to supernatural energies are screaming at him loudly enough to make him fully aware of the essence of their new contact.

"Officer Alvarez is a good man. To the matter of this Council... we have been sent by our organization to establish diplomatic relations with this city. We only learned of the Council in recent days--and we would like to know more of what role they play here." That should be reasonably neutral enough to get us started.... We can save the questions of 'where are they' and 'what happens when we kill them' for after that.
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll; +2 Networking); Common Knowledge d4 (+2 Forgery, +2 Shady Characters)
Stealth d10 (+2 Armor, Urban +2); Hacking d6; Athletics d6 (Urban Climb +2, Pads +4, Grapple Gun +2/+4); Thievery d10+1 (+1 vs. Electronics)
Edges:
Charismatic; Electronics Security Expert; Streetwise; Thief; Ace; Concentration; Master of Magic
Hindrances: Cautious, Mild-Mannered, Major Vengeful, Major Sensitive, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (CS, Federation, others)
Powers (Personal): Reveal Night's Secrets, Arcane Analysis/Aura Suppression, Unweaving, Titan's Grasp, Suborn, Kiss of Morpheus, Faerie Ruckus/Hush, Scale with Ease
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Night's Embrace, Wings of Night, Stealth Mode, Cloaking, Universal Translator, Agony, Paralysis
Gear:
Arzno TWA-1500 Incursion EBA (+4A/+2T; EBA gives +4 vs. Hazards; Camo Mode; Concealable; Retractable Short Swords (Str+d6); Silver knuckledusters (Str+d4 Silver); Multi-Optics Helm: Ignore Illumination, Offset 2 Range, +1 Shooting Calibration; 1 PPE/Hr)
Neural Mace (Str+d6+4 Non-Lethal Damage, Touch Attack +2, Vigor -2/-4 or Stunned)
Whip of Pain (Str+d4 MD AP 2; Reach 2; Activation 1 PPE; 2 PPE cast Agony with attack roll)
Paralysis Staff (Str+2d4 MD Silver; Activation 1 PPE; 3 PPE cast Paralysis with attack roll)
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Innate Intangibility: Become intangible (as Power) for 1 round, with no roll or PPE; has 1-round cooldown
40 PPE (Glass Powers only); Recharges as Serival does, also may be recharged directly by Serival
Powers (may use Modifiers): House of Glass; Reflect & Deflect; Mask of Deceit; Concealment; Mystic Portal
Sig

Post by Sig »

Notice 4
Notice 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
Ciudad Juarez/The Sleeping Burro
Evening
Round 0

Sig “dressed down” for the meeting with Dahlia. Oh, he still wore his armor and Titan tech and carried Winter’s Heart, his shotgun with silver rounds, and a particle beam pistol, but he left the rocket and grenade launchers in the truck. He didn’t want to intimidate her, but wanted her to know they were loaded for bear if needed, and could handle the vampires. Of course, most of his gear didn’t do much against vampires, anyway.

Sig picked up that the woman wasn’t breathing. He wasn’t as adept at picking out vampires as others on the team, though, but he assumed that Alvarez was telling the truth. When she invited them to sit He eyed the furniture skeptically and chose to remain standing, for now, rather than ruin the furnishings.

“This Executive Committee is the real power in the city?” Sig asked. “They’re controlling the city government? What do they want?”

Current load: Armor, Titan tech, Winter’s Heart, shotgun and silver rounds, particle beam pistol
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
  • Sloth (2 PPE, Range Smarts d6, 5r): frost condenses around the target, slowing the target)
    • Halves the target’s total movement each round (round up). With a raise, movement is also an action. The target automatically attempts to shake off the effects of sloth at the end of each of his next turns by making a Spirit roll.
Plasma Grenades x 2
Arcane Resistance/Improved: Arcane skills targeting the hero suffer a −4 penalty (even if cast by allies!); magical damage is reduced by 4.
Dodge/Improved: -2 to all ranged attacks against him unless surprised, and +2 when evading area effects.
First Strike: Once per turn, free Fighting attack against an opponent when they move within reach
Soldier: Free reroll on Vigor vs. environmental hazards; Strength +1 die type for encumbrance
Take ‘Em Down: When attacking targets 1 or more Sizes larger than the hero, he adds +4 to the AP value of his weapons.
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:
  • Peace: Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc.

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
Kittani Automated Rifle (Vehicular Light Laser, Pace 8, Danger Sense, Marksman, Super-Tech, needs repair)
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

She nods. "Officer Alvarez is a good man, rare for a police officer in this part of the world." She takes a pull at the cigarello, a small aromatic cloud of gray smoke rolling your way.

"They are in many ways, a shadow version of the local government. They have eyes and ears everywhere, influence amongst both the police and the criminal element. Very few people know they even exist, yet they know everything that transpires within the bounds of the city." She taps her cigarello against a glass ash tray with
a faded Golden Burro logo.

She turns her attention to Sig. "What do they want, Mr. Sig? They want EVERYTHING and they have the patience and lifespan to get it if they are not deterred. They only allow me to live because I am useful to them. I am an unwitting participant in their endeavors, and would love nothing more than to be freed of my servitude. Do you think you can help me with that?"
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Stoic wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:34 pm She nods. "Officer Alvarez is a good man, rare for a police officer in this part of the world." She takes a pull at the cigarello, a small aromatic cloud of gray smoke rolling your way.

"They are in many ways, a shadow version of the local government. They have eyes and ears everywhere, influence amongst both the police and the criminal element. Very few people know they even exist, yet they know everything that transpires within the bounds of the city." She taps her cigarello against a glass ash tray with
a faded Golden Burro logo.

She turns her attention to Sig. "What do they want, Mr. Sig? They want EVERYTHING and they have the patience and lifespan to get it if they are not deterred. They only allow me to live because I am useful to them. I am an unwitting participant in their endeavors, and would love nothing more than to be freed of my servitude. Do you think you can help me with that?"
Serival clears his throat. "If you don't mind me asking... what would you do with your freedom, if it were acquired? I do not think our leadership would be very approving, for instance, if you simply wished to supplant the Council, or otherwise commit to some dark course. And, to the more direct point--how many of them are there? How can we help take them down?"
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Sig

Post by Sig »

Evening
Round 0

“Yes,” Sig agreed with Serival. “When you upset the apple cart, apples get bruised and smashed. I don’t mind killing vampires – present company excluded, for now – but is this going to leave a power vacuum in which innocent people get hurt? Who ends up on top when all the blood runs down the drain?”

Current load: Armor, Titan tech, Winter’s Heart, shotgun and silver rounds, particle beam pistol
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Plasma Grenades x 2
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

She looks to @Serival Drumm and smiles sadly.
" Mr. Serival, if the council were to disappear I would greet the sun the next morning. You see, they took everything from me. I was a simple house cleaner when they discovered I had a small gift for erasing people's memories. Don Alladio, he is the head of the circle, cursed me with his bite and used my family as a threat to comply with their demands." Her eyes narrow a bit, a single tear of blood wells up in her left eye, ash falling off of her cigarello.

"Six months ago in my small way I defied Don Alladio, and he and his minions took them, they sent me photos of the aftermath..." She shakes her head as if to clear the memory.

"They need to die, every last member of the circle. I'll do it myself if I have to, but I was hoping I could get some help, there's just one of me and so many of them. As far as a vacuum of power, Mr. @Sig, perhaps your Tomorrow Legion can step in, but truthfully I'm not sure how big of a vacuum there might be since no one seems to know they're even there puppeting things from the shadows."

She puts on a smile, brushes ash off of her lap and waits for you to respond.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

He nods. "You skimmed past one question. How many, roughly, are we dealing with? Is this a small cabal that manipulate others without their knowledge, or is it a conspiracy of hundreds?"
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Sig

Post by Sig »

Evening
Round 0

“Hard to have a conspiracy of hundreds,” Sig told Serival. “Get beyond a handful, and someone eventually gets disgruntled and reveals things. Like our nice lady vamp here.” He nodded to the woman. “Still, institutional inertia and self-interest can be an obstacle. But I’m glad there won’t be a power vacuum,” Sig mused. “We’ll need names, targets. How do we know they won’t have someone picking up the pieces when we’re through? Nature – and politics – abhors a vacuum, and if you want the OLegion filling it, we’re going to need to contact the Council for instructions.”

Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Plasma Grenades x 2
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc has remained silent, his normal jovialness replaced with grim determination to not skewer the contact on the end of his blade.

Numerous times through the conversation he is tempted to get up and walk away. Even talking with one such as Dalia, sets off Docs senses.

In MercTown when the odd vampire would stumble into town, trying to take a place for their lair or den, Doc had always managed to trigger the wanna-be juicers and other gamngs to step in during daylight hours and raid and raise the newly formed lairs.

To him this was no different. The Vampires were going to need to go.

" @Sig. @Serival Drumm. Best bets are to work from the weaker vamps towards the stronger ones. Eliminate their protection. Maybe even draw them into traps when they come looking for the croonies or henchman or as they refer to them ... thralls."

"I have a couple of UV devices we can use."

"If we need some manufactured on the fly or some Super Soaker water guns. Those I can do as well."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
    Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
    Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

"There are thirteen, that I know of. I will put the information together and put it in a disc for you. Mr. @Sig , I do not know what sort of political apparatus might replace the council, but surely it must be better than this, no? I eagerly await your decision. Do you have any more questions for me? I can't stay long, if I'm seen with you..."
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Sig

Post by Sig »

Evening
Round 0

Sig nodded. “Get us the names. At the very least, we can do some damage to this council. What happens next can be up to the local citizens. But they’re vamps. They should be put into the ground. Present company excepted, ma’am,” he said diplomatically. “If there is anything else you need, you know how to get in touch with us.” He looked at the rest of his companions if they had any questions.

Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Plasma Grenades x 2
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Servial nods. "I think I am satisfied, yes. 13 Council Members... this will prove challenging, but I think we are up to the task."
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

She nods, a bit of relief washes over her face, but she quickly puts her stoic face back on.

"Gracias. I will have a folder delivered to where you are staying first thing in the morning. There is a certain, hmm, order to it. I will provide some instruction, but ultimately it is up to you to determine the most feasible method to take them down. Do you have any supplies you might need to help you with these tasks? I have access to silver weaponry, perhaps even a few TW Water pistols, if you don't have them?"
Instructions

You may take up to 5,000 worth of vampire hunting related gear for each person in the party. You can pool your resources if you like, or add personal credits. No need to roll for rarity, this is prime territory for anti vampire gear.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Sig

Post by Sig »

Evening
Round 0

Sig took their monetary advance from the vampire lady and bought two Globe of Daylight flares and five more rounds of silver ammo for his Big Bore shotgun.

Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Parry:10 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 22 (9)/Ranged: 24 (11)
Big Bore Shotgun Silvered Slugs: 105
Globe of Daylight flares x 2
Plasma Grenades x 2
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Xiang

Post by Xiang »

When the camp team is contacted about said advance Xiang waves a paw at it. "While I do appreciate new toys, is no so much as to be exciting for me. @Sig has no magics and @Doc Olliday likes such things. They may have mine."
Character Name
Character Name
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 with shield 10 with mods active Toughness: Human/Hybrid 4/11 (5) in armor, Cat 2; Size: -1 in Human/Hybrid forms, _3 in Cat form
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 19/20 (ISP) 3/10(PPE)
Bennies: 5/3

Edit Signature

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Serival happily equips himself with a metal water rifle with a small belt-tank, and a couple of anti-vamp grenades.
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Scalawag

Post by Scalawag »

Scalawag is uncertain of this situation and checks over this vampire contact with his ability to sense supernatural evil. He is a bit hesitant, he has not encountered a non-evil Vampire certain if even those might detect as evil because of the entity that animates them. Also, of course, there is the chance that they could be evil, but still be aligned of purpose. Making a decision what to do if she detects as evil is something he has to decide if it happens...but he will at least hear her out quietly.

When the weaponry is offered, he will look it over and see if there is anything he would be able to use.

He would consider the information and offer his evaluation, "Thirteen on the council, those would be the Master and his 12 smartest secondary Vampires. There will be other secondary vampires probably, such as this lady here, who either lack the ambition to rise to power or lack the intellect or skill to do so. There will also be lesser minions like the Wild Vampires we fought. We need to start at the bottom with the minions, especially any who might rise to the council if one currently there is eliminated."
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc takes a second to reassure @Scalawag, "She is what she says she is. Her intentions are likewise true."

Doc takes silver rounds as backup for his TW Revolver and acquires a few Globes of Daylight. He will be relying on his clan blade, TW equipment, and spinning a bit Techno Weenie craftiness at the vamps.

Talking to @Xiang, he suggests a dozen small silver knives a little longer than Xiang's paws. "Not saying that you can't reach the targets in close, but just in case. These can easily be thrown and are very light. You will not notice them but the vamps will." To prove his point, Doc flings three of the blades in Xing's direction, knowing the werecat's reflexes will allow him to dodge them. Like little silver bolts of light the three daggers fly past Xiang into the wall behind him.
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature

Return to “24th COT Adventure Forum”