Fort Detroit

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Fort Detroit

Post by Stoic »

The group finally arrives. Fort Detroit is a squat 1 story building, roughly the size of a football field. It is surrounded by a 10 ft tall fence made of mega damage plastic. The drivers give the appropriate codes over the radio and the gate slides open, revealing a pair of borgs at each end, ready to light you up with railguns. The drivers talk a bit with one of the borgs and are directed to drive to the north end of the building. When you get there, you see a wide bay door, and a man standing there wearing a gray camoflage fatigues. The drivers and the rest of the caravan members say their good byes and then go attend to the trailers, dispersing and reloading the supplies as needed. The man in the fatigues walks over to Sig and gives a firm hand shake.

"Hello, I'm Meyer. Suburban, Meyer. I'm in command here." he starts to walk and he just assumes you will follow. He heads to the bay door and it slides open revealing a massive 30 foot wide 10 foot tall elevator. You get in and it goes down for a good solid minute. When it opens you are in a room carved into the earth, it smells musty and you see large chunks of naturally formed salt shot throughout the dirt. You see a half dozen cybernetically augmented men and women looking around alert. They briefly snap to attention and throw a crisp salute at Meyer, and go back to their battle ready stances after he returns said salute. There are corridors leading in each direction, the hallways a drab gray metal color, scarlet bits of blood occasionally spattered on it. Most of the metal is scarred, and there are several large patches that had been made without regard to aesthetics. As he leads you through a winding labrinth of different halls, which you suspect are actually just repurposed metal shipping containers, he speaks, a gruff voice that's a bit louder than it should be, as if he suffers from some sort of hearing loss.

"Pardon the mess. We appreciate you coming in, we've been having a lot more activity lately, mostly of the supernatural sort, and we could really use your help. You'll notice we're a little more formal here than your average Legion outpost, but we've learned by trial and error that it really is the best way to run this, as it's essentially a full time combat gig. You'll have a lot of leeway but will be assigned specific tasks some times. We have a basic repair facility, a few high end e-clip chargers, and a mess hall. The food may not be great, but it is free, so there's that. I'll have my assistant, Darwin, help you find your quarters, show you how we do requests, all that good stuff. Tomorrow morning at 8:00 sharp I'd like to meet with you, as I have an assignment for you. Any questions? "
You arrive in a corridor with several other corridors that are fashioned as rooms, your quarters.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Danny

Re: Fort Detroit

Post by Danny »

Battle...

Danny unloads and nods to the human , “Names Danny, Need some help on watch?” War is something I am all too familiar with. He locks and loads his rifles ready to go to work. He could sleep when he was dead.
Danny Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d12(+2 from IF, 2), Smarts d8(1 FG,1), Spirit d8(2), Strength d8(2 race), Vigor d12(1 Race, 3 advances)
Pace: 6 d6 ; Parry:4 ; Toughness:13(3) Strain: 0
Edges of note: Fame, quick, level headed, improved level headed, deadshot, champion, elan, sharpshooter, trick-shot, steady hands, tail(ignore 2 pts of map), danger sense, quick draw
Skills of note:
Shooting: 1d12+2
Survival: d8
Notice: d6
Stealth: d8

Hindrences:Curious, Heroic, shame (minor), Vengful(minor), Stuff ain’t made for me, Issues with the cold, overconfident
Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Serival raises a brow as they pass by blood so fresh as to still be scarlet. Clearly, this base is seeing a great deal of activity, which Commander Meyer confirms fairly swiftly. He clears his throat upon being asked if they have questions. "Do you have a diagram or map of the facility that I could study? My automaton and I--" He gestures here at Glass. "--can bypass the walls, meaning that if there is an emergency, we could take a direct route. However, that won't be much help if we aren't sure where the segment under attack is actually located. As I am sure you are aware, every moment can matter in a crisis."

OOC Comments
Up to you, Mike, if you'd rather post an actual map, just say that there's none available, or say, "Yeah, you get a map with most of the key locations on it, and will be able to find your way around pretty easily."
Serival Drumm
Seasoned D'norr Automaton Controller (MARS)
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d10, Smarts d8, Spirit d6 (Fear -2), Strength d6, Vigor d6
Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 13 (6 EBA)
Skills:
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll; +2 Networking); Common Knowledge d4 (+2 Forgery, +2 Shady Characters)
Notice d8; Repair d6 (Toolkit = d8+5, Offset 2, Raise = 1/2 time)
Occult d8; Piloting d12+1; Spellcasting d12+1; Fighting d10
Stealth d10 (+2 Armor, Urban +2); Hacking d6; Athletics d6 (Urban Climb +2, Pads +4, Grapple Gun +2/+4); Thievery d10+1 (+1 vs. Electronics)
Edges:
Charismatic; Electronics Security Expert; Streetwise; Thief; Ace; Concentration; Master of Magic
Hindrances: Cautious, Mild-Mannered, Major Vengeful, Major Sensitive, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (CS, Federation, others)
PPE: 30
Powers (Personal): Reveal Night's Secrets, Arcane Analysis/Aura Suppression, Unweaving, Titan's Grasp, Suborn, Kiss of Morpheus, Faerie Ruckus/Hush, Scale with Ease
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Night's Embrace, Wings of Night, Stealth Mode, Cloaking, Universal Translator, Agony, Paralysis
Gear:
Arzno TWA-1500 Incursion EBA (+4A/+2T; EBA gives +4 vs. Hazards; Camo Mode; Concealable; Retractable Short Swords (Str+d6); Silver knuckledusters (Str+d4 Silver); Multi-Optics Helm: Ignore Illumination, Offset 2 Range, +1 Shooting Calibration; 1 PPE/Hr)
Branaghan Special Armored Overcloak (+2A/+1T; It Has Pockets!)
Psionic Mind Shield (+4 Resist/Armor vs. Psionics; 3 PPE/hr)
Neural Mace (Str+d6+4 Non-Lethal Damage, Touch Attack +2, Vigor -2/-4 or Stunned)
Whip of Pain (Str+d4 MD AP 2; Reach 2; Activation 1 PPE; 2 PPE cast Agony with attack roll)
Paralysis Staff (Str+2d4 MD Silver; Activation 1 PPE; 3 PPE cast Paralysis with attack roll)
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Glass (Infiltrator Automaton)
Size 1; Remote Operation 60"; Str d12+4; Toughness 14 (7 MDC); Pace 8
Shard Punches (Str+1d6 MD, AP 6)
Innate Intangibility: Become intangible (as Power) for 1 round, with no roll or PPE; has 1-round cooldown
Fast Regeneration: 10 Serival PPE, Duration 5 Rounds
40 PPE (Glass Powers only); Recharges as Serival does, also may be recharged directly by Serival
Powers (may use Modifiers): House of Glass; Reflect & Deflect; Mask of Deceit; Concealment; Mystic Portal
Sig

Post by Sig »

Fort Detroit
Afternoon
Round 0

Sig observed the exterior Fort Detroit as they approached. “Nothin’ like minimalism,” he noted as they were waved through. He shook hands with Meyer and gathered their gear, following him down into the bunker. It looked like it had seen better days.

“We’re here to help,” Sig assured Meyer. Serival had a good point of needing a map. It wouldn’t do in an emergency to get lost trying to respond.

“No med facilities?” Sig asked with concern.

Sig looked around to the others. “Pick yerselves a room. Get some rest. Travelin’ ain’t easy. Breakfast 0700 sharp. Briefing at 0800.”
OOC Comments
Do we have individual rooms, or are we bunking up like soldiers?
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Parry:9 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 22 (8)/Ranged: 24 (10)
Bennies: 4/4
Arcane Resistance/Improved: Arcane skills targeting the hero suffer a −4 penalty (even if cast by allies!); magical damage is reduced by 4.
Winter’s Heart: 3/10 PPE; smite and slow
  • Sloth (2 PPE, Range Smarts d6, 5r): frost condenses around the target, slowing the target)
    • Halves the target’s total movement each round (round up). With a raise, movement is also an action. The target automatically attempts to shake off the effects of sloth at the end of each of his next turns by making a Spirit roll.
    • Area of Effect (+2 or +3): MBT or LBT
    • Strong (+1): Spirit roll to shake the effect is at -2.
    • Greater Sloth (+2): The target cannot run, and with a raise is Vulnerable.
  • Smite (2 PPE, Range Smarts d6, 5r): Weapon grows cold and glows an icy blue)
    • Increase damage +2, raise +4
    • Additional Recipients (+1 per target)
    • Greater Smite (+2): Damage +4 MD, Raise +6 MD
Assassin: +2 to damage foes when Vulnerable or assassin has The Drop.
Block/Improved: +2 Parry, ignore 2 points of Gang Up bonuses.
Brawny: Strength +1 die type for encumbrance
Brave: +2 vs. Fear, -2 to rolls on Fear table
Dodge/Improved: -2 to all ranged attacks against him unless surprised, and +2 when evading area effects.
Combat Reflexes: +2 Spirit to recover from being Shaken or Stunned.
First Strike: Once per turn, free Fighting attack against an opponent when they move within reach
Improved Arcane Resistance: +4 Armor vs. magic, +4 to resist magic
Improved Nerves of Steel: Ignore 2 Wound modifiers
Iron Jaw: +2 to Soak and Vigor rolls to avoid Knockout Blows.
Prehensile Tail: Extra non-movement action. Ignore 2 points of MAP
Regeneration: Natural healing roll every day for Wounds and Injuries.
Soldier: Free reroll on Vigor vs. environmental hazards; Strength +1 die type for encumbrance
Titan Belt: +2 Size, +4 Toughness, +2 die types Strength
Thunderer: 8/8 x 2 reloads (8)
Plasma Ejector: 45/48 x 2 reloads (48)
NG-59 Ion Pistol: 20/20 x 2 reloads (20)
  • Grenade: AP 1/1
NG-LG6: 20/20
  • Grenades: Plasma 6/6
Armor Piercing Grenades x 2
Fragmentation Grenades x 4
High Explosive Grenades x 3
Plasma Grenades x 2
Rockets Launcher: 4 mini-missiles
IRMS: 4/4
First Aid Kit: 3/3
Rations: 7
Unclaimed Loot
11 generic laser rifles (Range 24/48/96, Damage 3d6, RoF1, AP 4)
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Parry:10 (-1 cover); Toughness: Melee: 20 (8)/Ranged: 22 (10)
Assassin: +2 damage vs unaware
Battle Hardened: +2 Soak
Brave: +2 vs. Fear
Combat Reflexes: +2 to unshake
I Know a Guy
Prehensile Tail: Extra non-movement action, no MAP
Thunderer: 7/8 x 2 reloads (8)
Plasma Ejector: 48/48 x 2 reloads (48)
NG-59 Ion Pistol: 18/20 x 2 reloads (20)
Rockets Launcher: 2 normal rockets, 2 anti-vehicle rockets
First Aid Kit: 2/3
Rations: 14
Bennies: 6/4
Adventure Card:
  • Peace: Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc.

Loadout
  • Main Weapon (hand): Thunderer Combat Hammer
    • 2 reloads
  • Backup Melee Weapon (hip/tail): Vibrosword
  • Backup Melee Weapon (boot/tail): Vibroknife
  • Long arm (back): Pulse Plasma Ejector
    • 2 reloads
  • Spare longarm (back): NG-LG6
    • Grenades: Plasma x 6
  • Sidearm (hip/tail): Ion Pistol/integral grenade launcher
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
  • Rocket Launcher (back): Loaded standard
    • Standard rocket x 2
    • Anti-vehicle rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • High explosive grenade x 3
    • Armor Piercing grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack
  • Kingsdale security badge
  • Kingsdale wi-fi access chip (in armor)

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
  • Notes: All-Terrain, Handling 1, Sensor Suite, M.D.C. Armor
  • Mini Rail Gun (can be made Fixed to get +1 Mod back)
    • Damage: 2d8+4 AP 6
    • Range: 75/150/300
    • ROF 4
    • Shots: 32

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
Kittani Automated Rifle (Vehicular Light Laser, Pace 8, Danger Sense, Marksman, Super-Tech, needs repair)
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

Khar-loez comments, "Have Doc, have me, we heal."

The lack of decent medical facilities is a concern, but at least the group has healing.

He thinks, Not that I like most human medical facilities, too unnatural for my tastes.

He suggests, "Doc make heal place?"

Perhaps Doc could set up an emergency medical center of some kind.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned
Beast Master - Additional Benefit: Monstrous Animals also like the character

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Zero

Post by Zero »

Ash stays quiet. Following Sig she nods at his orders and settles in. For now she just watches. Observed and stays quiet. Actually it’s all pretty exciting and new. Tomorrow she will work on a mission with these Legionnaires. Unsure how to slow her mind she lays in her cot and thinks about what it could be. What will they do tomorrow.
Xiang

Post by Xiang »

Padding through the facility after meeting the C-O, Xiang looks less than enthused by the surroundings. "I'm glad there's some kind of interesting trouble to be addressed, I would hate to have come all this way for guard duty. I could have stayed home for that and at least killed vam-pires. My money is on the angry spirits of the ancients. Or demons." Finding a spot in front of a heating unit, the werecat circles and curls up with a yawn.
Character Name
Character Name
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 with shield 10 with mods active Toughness: Human/Hybrid 4/11 (5) in armor, Cat 2; Size: -1 in Human/Hybrid forms, _3 in Cat form
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 19/20 (ISP) 3/10(PPE)
Bennies: 5/3

Edit Signature

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Carlos wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:20 am Khar-loez comments, "Have Doc, have me, we heal."

The lack of decent medical facilities is a concern, but at least the group has healing.

He thinks, Not that I like most human medical facilities, too unnatural for my tastes.

He suggests, "Doc make heal place?"

Perhaps Doc could set up an emergency medical center of some kind.
Certain that words don't translate into Simvan, Doc pats the back end of the 2nd Mountaineer. "Mobile Triage Unit. Had it made after the last town we went to investigate, needed one. Boy that was a while ago."

People and Politics, Academics 8
Academics (1d6) [dice:3o6zscpn]66133:0[/dice:3o6zscpn]
Aced Academics (1d6+6) [dice:3o6zscpn]66133:4[/dice:3o6zscpn]
Wild (1d6) [dice:3o6zscpn]66133:1[/dice:3o6zscpn]
Doc sticks his head out of the APC where his MTU is, upon seeing Meyer he says, @Stoic "Hey Meyer. It has been a while."

Details on Fort Detroit, Common Knowledge 17
Common Knowledge +2
Common Knowledge (1d6) [dice:3o6zscpn]66133:2[/dice:3o6zscpn]
Aced CK (1d6+6) [dice:3o6zscpn]66133:5[/dice:3o6zscpn]
Super Aced CK (1d6+12) [dice:3o6zscpn]66133:6[/dice:3o6zscpn]
Wild (1d6) [dice:3o6zscpn]66133:3[/dice:3o6zscpn]
Still addressing Meyer, "What has been going on here?"
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
Pace: 6; Parry: 2 Toughness: <10>(<0>)
  • na
Wounds: 0/3 ; Fatigue: 0/2 ; ISP/PPE: 15/15
Bennies: 3/3
Adventure Cards
  • 52: Payback
    Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
  • 38: Folk Hero
    Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
  • #: Card - Effect
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison does not have any questions, but she is profoundly uncomfortable with their situation. I wasn't aware we'd be doing something quite so militant, she thinks, before remembering the dueling staff at her hip and the war wand in its harness at her side. Or, maybe I did.
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

Doc is right that Simvan do not have a word for Triage, their culture before the Rifts was too primitive. The closest word would probably translate as "culling", though that is more an antonym. Still, Khar-loez is more experienced than many, and has used a communications band enough to know the concept that is being conveyed. While he would personally not put a healing place inside a machine that might wind up in a fight, at least there is one available.

He will sleep with his Ostrasaurus outside, he is uncomfortable in buildings, especially when it comes to sleeping. He will go in for the briefing though.
Low Light Vision
Alertness - Additional Benefit: Senses Presence of Supernatural Creatures and Ley Line Storms
Danger Sense - Additional Benefit: May detect of food or drink is spoiled or poisoned

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Meyer is waiting for you in the briefing room at 8 o'clock sharp. Next to him stands a massive Russian Wolfhound Dog-Boy, a railgun slung over his broad shoulders.

Meyer nods in greeting, taking a sip from a hot cup of some sort of energy drink mix.

"This is my second in command, Chekov."

Chekov nods. "Howdy, everyone." he says with a heavy texan drawl. But that's all he says, apparently a dog of few words.

Meyer shakes his head. "As I'm sure you noted on the way in, as secure as we try to make this facility, it's a constant battle. Far too many of the enemy know, or at least have a general idea of where the facility is, and many know that we are mostly underground. That being said, we have a missing person. A 9 year old boy, Benjamin Haddid. I'll get you a holopic. I know what you're thinking, why would we think he were even still alive? Well, Benjamin has a twin sister, Bella, and they have a psychic connection. She insists that he is still alive, and not particularly far from here. She can't quite give an estimate, but from some of the descriptions she has given one of our psychics, it sounds like he may be near the edge of the city itself, so probably five miles or less. We can't spare the personnell, but luckily, you all arrived here. I need you to see if you can't track the boy down, and bring him home safely. I'll send one of my soldiers with you, a scout, to make sure you don't get lost. What do you say, is that something you think you could do?"

Meyer awaits your responses, and is prepared to answer any questions you may have.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc is quick to download the holopic to his projector.

"How tall is this boy?"

"Can we meet his sister?"

"Again, how many days has he been gone?"

"Any clothing or favorite personal items?"

To the team

"His height will give a rough idea for his pace and stride."

"His sister should be able to confirm his pace and stride."

"We need to bring food and things familiar to him."

"Also personal belongings should give the Ostresaurus something to track." @Carlos

@Alison "Maybe the spirits have some information we can use."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
    Play on an opposing Wild Card. Your attacks and damage against him are made at +2 for the duration of the scene.
    Play after you save a group of people from dire circumstances. The community adopts you and your party as local heroes, and you can always find aid there.
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Zero

Post by Zero »

Ashley is surprisingly happy that a Dog Boy holds such authority. In the CS she’s only seen them treated as second class citizens.

Standing against the wall, leaning against it she listens.

Though she has nothing to say she is glad that she can be a part of this mission.

Wearing the Huntsman armor that the dead old guy Chance had in his truck she tries to get used to wearing it.

Mostly she watches the others of the 24th. Learning how this works.
Sig

Post by Sig »

Fort Detroit
Afternoon
Round 0

Sig listened to the briefing and frowned. “Why the heck are there kids out here?” he asked. “Where are his parents? Sure, we can track a kid down, probably. What’s out there going to eat him that we need to be worried about?”

Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Arcane Resistance/Improved: Arcane skills targeting the hero suffer a −4 penalty (even if cast by allies!); magical damage is reduced by 4.
  • Sloth (2 PPE, Range Smarts d6, 5r): frost condenses around the target, slowing the target)
    • Halves the target’s total movement each round (round up). With a raise, movement is also an action. The target automatically attempts to shake off the effects of sloth at the end of each of his next turns by making a Spirit roll.
Dodge/Improved: -2 to all ranged attacks against him unless surprised, and +2 when evading area effects.
First Strike: Once per turn, free Fighting attack against an opponent when they move within reach
Soldier: Free reroll on Vigor vs. environmental hazards; Strength +1 die type for encumbrance
Plasma Grenades x 2
Unclaimed Loot
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:
  • Peace: Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • Ace: Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
  • Turncoat: Your hero somehow convinces or bribes a minor foe to perform a small favor—such as helping the hero escape, revealing the location of the “boss,” etc.

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
Kittani Automated Rifle (Vehicular Light Laser, Pace 8, Danger Sense, Marksman, Super-Tech, needs repair)
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

Khar-loez says, "Khar-loez help find boy. Boy mind touch sister...dog-boy sense?"

He is thinking, I wonder if the psychic link between the twins is something a Dog Boy or Psi Stalker can sense?

He can add his own skills in tracking to assist the Ostresaurus.

He is also worried about the state the boy will be in when we find him.

He asks, "If we find boy but boy not boy, what do? There things can hide in boy body."

He is thinking, What do we do if the boy is possessed or has become a witch bound body and soul to a demon?
Last edited by Carlos on Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Low Light Vision

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Serival considers. "Five miles or so... is this terrain we can drive through, or do we need to hoof it?"
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Persuasion d6 (Free Re-roll; +2 Networking); Common Knowledge d4 (+2 Forgery, +2 Shady Characters)
Stealth d10 (+2 Armor, Urban +2); Hacking d6; Athletics d6 (Urban Climb +2, Pads +4, Grapple Gun +2/+4); Thievery d10+1 (+1 vs. Electronics)
Edges:
Charismatic; Electronics Security Expert; Streetwise; Thief; Ace; Concentration; Master of Magic
Hindrances: Cautious, Mild-Mannered, Major Vengeful, Major Sensitive, Major D-Bee, Major Wanted (CS, Federation, others)
Powers (Personal): Reveal Night's Secrets, Arcane Analysis/Aura Suppression, Unweaving, Titan's Grasp, Suborn, Kiss of Morpheus, Faerie Ruckus/Hush, Scale with Ease
Powers (Gear, no Modifiers): Night's Embrace, Wings of Night, Stealth Mode, Cloaking, Universal Translator, Agony, Paralysis
Gear:
Arzno TWA-1500 Incursion EBA (+4A/+2T; EBA gives +4 vs. Hazards; Camo Mode; Concealable; Retractable Short Swords (Str+d6); Silver knuckledusters (Str+d4 Silver); Multi-Optics Helm: Ignore Illumination, Offset 2 Range, +1 Shooting Calibration; 1 PPE/Hr)
Neural Mace (Str+d6+4 Non-Lethal Damage, Touch Attack +2, Vigor -2/-4 or Stunned)
Whip of Pain (Str+d4 MD AP 2; Reach 2; Activation 1 PPE; 2 PPE cast Agony with attack roll)
Paralysis Staff (Str+2d4 MD Silver; Activation 1 PPE; 3 PPE cast Paralysis with attack roll)
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Innate Intangibility: Become intangible (as Power) for 1 round, with no roll or PPE; has 1-round cooldown
40 PPE (Glass Powers only); Recharges as Serival does, also may be recharged directly by Serival
Powers (may use Modifiers): House of Glass; Reflect & Deflect; Mask of Deceit; Concealment; Mystic Portal
Xiang

Post by Xiang »

While he had met a few dogboys in his travels, so he knew they weren't so relative of werewolves, the caninoids still unsettled Xiang so he stayed near the grackles on the team through the briefing instead of investigating the room as he normally would. Not wanting to draw attention to himself he avoided asking something that had seemed an obvious question since they had arrived the night before, but no one else seemed to think of it. Or perhaps the legionnaires already knew since this had been their destination and had forgotten to mention it. Either way he speaks up finally, "Does no one else wonder what or who these enemies are? I love a good fight but I do also like to know what to expect."
Character Name
Character Name
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 with shield 10 with mods active Toughness: Human/Hybrid 4/11 (5) in armor, Cat 2; Size: -1 in Human/Hybrid forms, _3 in Cat form
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature

Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Danny

Post by Danny »

Fame and Famous

Danny never wanted to be famous but the war had changed all that. One picture... That changed everything. The crowds in merc town and the heist had only made the legend of Daniel T. Striker grow. Now the doe filled eyes of Meyer were looking up at him begging him and the 24th to go find a kid. If I make my muscle bulge this guy is going to pop... Or worse.

He grabbed his gear and headed out giving meyer just enough to realize Danny was on the case, “Time to go to work 24th. Lets find the kid. Pair up, take a sector and lets go slow and low. This kid is probably frightened or... Each team bring some rope. After Doc gets his questions answered, Like Sig said lets go help.”

He found himself next to the silent self proclaimed burner. He gave her a friendly wink, “Why don’t you pair with me... Ashley right? Let’s go find a kid.”
@Ashley
Danny Stat Block
Attributes: Agility d12(+2 from IF, 2), Smarts d8(1 FG,1), Spirit d8(2), Strength d8(2 race), Vigor d12(1 Race, 3 advances)
Edges of note: Fame, quick, level headed, improved level headed, deadshot, champion, elan, sharpshooter, trick-shot, steady hands, tail(ignore 2 pts of map), danger sense, quick draw
Skills of note:

Hindrences:Curious, Heroic, shame (minor), Vengful(minor), Stuff ain’t made for me, Issues with the cold, overconfident
Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Serival speaks up after Danny calls for rope. "We should probably also bring a few other tools--I recommend a crowbar and a shovel for each team. The child may be stuck someplace--a foot caught in a hole or somesuch."
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Zero

Post by Zero »

Danny wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:02 pm Danny found himself next to the silent self proclaimed burner. He gave her a friendly wink, “Why don’t you pair with me... Ashley right? Let’s go find a kid.”
@Danny
Ashley nods up at the taller Danny and says:
“Copy that.“

Grabbing a small pack she offers to carry rope in it and a crowbar if it can be found. Grabbing a few rations she slips those into the pack too.

“All set.”
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

Khar-loez suggests, "Work with Xiang. Work well scout with. Quiet, keen, know nature."

He thinks, The were-cat and I are probably the best scouts for learning things from the environment, each of us may learn things the other misses.
Low Light Vision

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Serival considers the matter of teams, and adds, "If it's Danny and Ashley, and Xiang and Khar-Loez, then I suggest myself and Allison on a team, and Doc Olliday and Sig on the other. With Glass, we'll have a defender as well as a pair of spellcasters, and Doc will be able to give Sig whatever magical cover he might need."
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

"How tall is this boy?"

He's about One and a half meters tall

"Can we meet his sister?"

You can, but I need to ask her parents first

"Again, how many days has he been gone?"

2 days. He's a sensible kid, so his disappearance was noticed immediately.

"Any clothing or favorite personal items?"

He has a favorite shirt, the Manistique Maurauders Deadball team. He wore it the day before he went missing, and it wasn't washed.

Sig asks:

"Why the heck are the kids out here?"

There are actually quite a few civilians here, somewhere between 200 - 250. The Fort takes in anyone who needs help, and houses them until they decide to either leave, or, what happens most often, Join up.

"What's out there going to eat him that we need to be worried about?"

Meyer grimaces. "Everything you can imagine. The city is a mecca for demons and their kin. If I'm being honest, I'm surprised he's still alive. If he even is. But we need to try, because if we don't try, what's the whole point of all of this?"

Khar-loez "If we find boy but boy not boy, what do? There things can hide in boy body."

Meyer's expression hardens. "I wish I could say that's never happened before, but it has. Do what needs to be done."

Serival asks: "Five miles or so... is this terrain we can drive through, or do we need to hoof it?"

Meyer replies "It's honestly a blend of both. There are stretches that seem nearly untouched by the Catastrophe, and then there are miles of broken pavement that you almost need climbing equipment to traverse. If you have a hover vehicle, you can general find a way through the mess. If not, well, walking really might be your best bet."

OOC Comments
It looks like you've already paired yourself up for the task. If there are no further questions (ask here or in Discord) I'll make a few different threads so we don't get mixed up.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

"Holo images or recent scans of the area would be helpful."

"Otherwise, I will cobble together some aerial recon via a drone or two."

"Time is a wasting ladies and gents."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison taps her chin as she listens. She zones out (to the point she somehow completely misses @Doc Olliday asking her to check in with the local spirits) and cannot help but remember herself and her brother, before it all went bad. Maybe this is a chance at redemption, somehow? A chance to prevent the same tragedy from hitting someone else.

When @Serival Drumm calls her name, she snaps out of it. ”Oh. Of course. Um, about Clarence and Salak? I assume we can bring them, or just Clarence at least. He would want to help here, were his spirit still with us.”
Xiang

Post by Xiang »

Xiang walks up and gets a good sniff of the lost childs clothing of it both physically and psychically and then looks to the Commander. "May I speak with the psychic, if they show me what they saw I may recognize it in the field."
Alison wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:15 pm Alison taps her chin as she listens. She zones out (to the point she somehow completely misses @Doc Olliday asking her to check in with the local spirits) and cannot help but remember herself and her brother, before it all went bad. Maybe this is a chance at redemption, somehow? A chance to prevent the same tragedy from hitting someone else.

When @Serival Drumm calls her name, she snaps out of it. ”Oh. Of course. Um, about Clarence and Salak? I assume we can bring them, or just Clarence at least. He would want to help here, were his spirit still with us.”
In a serious but not condemning tone he says, "I am sure most of those remaining here would prefer you take both."
Character Name
Character Name
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature

Sig

Post by Sig »

Fort Detroit
Afternoon
Round 0

Sig grunted. “Demons. Great. What do we know about taking down demons?” he asked his team. “You got special ordnance or anything that might be useful?” he asked Meyer.

When Alison asked her question, Sig said, “Bring every beastie you got. It’s demons. We ain’t gonna mess around.” Sig scratched his head and swished his tail. “I’m gettin’ too old fer this shit. Get what yeh need. We saddle up in thirty.”

Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Plasma Grenades x 2
Unclaimed Loot
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Serival nods to Sig. "Silver is our best bet, as we lack a Mystic. I'm sure Doc can rig up some means of letting your railgun fire silver shot, at least for a short time. And I agree with him on the issue of time. Let's get the tools we've discussed, and get moving. It does seem we'll need to walk there, unless...." He turns to Meyer again. "Do you have some sort of serviceable motorized cart--something that would let us cover that level ground y mention relatively quickly, but which could be written off as an acceptable loss if we leave it out there and it gets damaged or stolen? Alternately, if you can send a driver, he could use one of the vehicles we arrived in to drive us to the first patch of rough ground, and then we can make our way from there."
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Alison

Post by Alison »

”Fair enough,” Alison says in response to @Xiang and @Sig

To @Serival Drumm she says, ”I can keep up.” From her duffel, she retreives an apparatus that looks like stylized, human-sized bird wings with black feathers and an intricate harness. ”I have been working on these since Merctown, and they should work to get me in the air. For their parts, Clarence and Salak are faster than they look.”
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny looked at the burner, and then at Meyer. He grumbled, "Thanks for the information, it will come in handy.
We'll find this kid."

He finished gathering the rope and looked down at @Ashley reflexively he smiled one of his 100k cred smiles and said, "You ready miss?" For his part the big beautiful grackle was ready. His armor was polished, he had a sack of rations along with an emergency kit. Plus along his back he was bristling with weapons, he had a large particle beam rifle and an archaic bow. A long length of rope was coiled in a small sack being held by his tail.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Zero

Post by Zero »

Danny looked down at Ashley, and smiled one of his 100k cred smiles saying, "You ready miss?"

Ashley nodded. Adjusting the pack across her back she wore body armor and unlike her new companion she carried no weapons.

“Ready Danny.”

Fire flickered across her eyes and now smiled back at the big Grackle.

“Let’s find this kid.”
Xiang

Post by Xiang »

"My armor can bless weapons with the divine light of Kinich Ahau, Khar-Loez, so should we be so lucky as to find some of the abominations we will be able to hunt them without trouble. Do you have a radio so we can keep in touch? If no, I can dig mine out. I think it still works." He stretches and grows, morphing into a diminutive human in ornate armor. (think a meso-american Peter Dinklage)
Xiang.jpg
Reaching into a plain looking leather pouch he begins pulling things out that should not fit into such a small space; a rolled up bit of canvas that's maybe a tent, a fishing pole, and various other bits of survival gear until finally pulling out a small handheld radio.

"There it is, thought maybe I had lost it." He then stuffs all the rest of the gear back into the pouch.
Character Name
Character Name
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature

Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

Khar-loez explains, "Me magic from Earth, from Life, not like carry not-life things, weakens magic."

While not technically true, Khar-loez is uncomfortable with technology and feels better if he has less of it nearby, I much prefer magic to technology, I will use technology if I must, and even know how to fix it if I have to, magic is simply more natural to me.

He observes the evident magic the shape-shifter is displaying with some interest. At least magic he understands, to some extent.
Low Light Vision

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Meyer takes your words into consideration for a minute or two, nods in agreement with himself, then speaks.
"I'm not sure how it was the last place you were, but here everyone keeps what they find, for the most part since the pay is so bad if we're being honest here. That being said, I have a vehicle and driver I can loan you. Chekov has access to a prerifts truck with a trailer that has been converted to hover, he can drive you there and back. He's good on a gun too so if you have someone else who can drive, might be a good idea to let him main the rail gun."

He uploads the most recent maps to Doc
Doc
Sgt, Doc will have a +2 to any survival rolls for the upcoming dramatic task)
and allows Xian to speak with the other child
Jason
Jason, Xian will have a +2 to any Psionics rolls for the upcoming dramatic task
He manages to find a half dozen AK-47's with silver bullets (two magazines each) and a couple of silver weapons (1 short sword, 2 long swords) but beyond that he can't scrounge up any more.

You are given an hour to pack up your loadouts, get something to eat, and then hit the road.

You are led (again via a system of slapped together scarred shipping containers) to an underground garage. Chekov's truck is an oversized monster truck towing an equally large trailer, a Medium Rail gun nestled on top of the trailer with a small place to sit and a tiny bit of MDC protection (5 MDC). When everyone is ready Chekov hits a switch (unless someone else is driving, if so, please say as much) and the truck and trailer both hover three feet off of the ground. He eases you into a large field of 4 foot tall grass and you head on your merry way.
Instructions

The first step is to see if you can get a bearing on where this kid may have gone.

Please roll a skill of your choice that makes sense at a -2. We need five success tokens, and you may support anyone else if you would like. After everyone rolls for this round (and describes what they are doing) we will see where we are. As always please feel free to ask me any questions via hang...Dischord! or PM's.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

The others may go in the truck, but Carlos is riding is Ostrasaurus, so he can use his keen senses and tracking skills. He prefers ceing in touch with nature to being enclosed by metal anyway.
OOC Comments
Notice 1d8!!+2: [7]+2 = 9
Wild Notice 1d6!!+2: [2]+2 = 4
Low Light Vision

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Zero

Post by Zero »

Sitting atop the truck. Wind in her hair. Ashley holds the AK-47 with silver rounds awkwardly in her lap. It’s the first time she has held a gun. Well. Other than the one time when she was 12 and secretly picked up her drunk asleep fathers energy pistol. It had frightened her and she never touched his weapons again. Now. Sitting atop the truck she contemplated whether she’d use this gun or just rely on her new fiery powers.

Looking out at Carlos as he tracked she kept her eyes open, wearing a pair of ratty sunglasses she’d found in the garage before they headed out, she scanned the horizon. Anything of note she called out to the Simvan.

Support Roll to Carlos Notice d8 1d8: [5] = 5 WD 1d6!!: [5] = 5
Xiang

Post by Xiang »

Xiang alternates between riding on the front of the hover truck, scouting ahead, and sitting on the front of Khar-Loz's saddle. The images he got from the psychic were vague but they showed him the trace of a psychic scent to follow.

Psionics 1d8!: [8!, 6] = 14
Wild 1d6: [4] = 4

As they travel he's able to occasionally pick it up and help direct the team in what seems to be the right general direction through the wreckage of the ancient city. While the werecat had been in more than a few ruins in his time this one was certainly one of the largest. It was surprising to him how many people used to live in this city. Occasionally a particularly strong impression from the past would waft into his perception, like the scent of a far off fire, and he'd catch impressions of how it was before. Sitting on the saddle of the ostrasaurus when a particularly strong one arises.

"So many people. All jammed together. It is no wonder they went mad and caused the apocalypse." He says to the simvan in his own tongue.
Character Name
Character Name
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature

Alison

Post by Alison »

1d10!!-2: [4]-2 = 2
1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Benny to reroll: 1d10!!-2, 1d6!!-2: [2]-2+[2]-2 = 0

Alison keeps her eyes peeled for anything magical or otherwise, you know, weird as they head out, but the city is just too new to her. She can’t tell normal odd from occult odd.

Instead, she rides along feeling a bit useless,
Mummy
and
Brodkil zombie
doing what they do (and making people uncomfortable, likely). Clarence takes great pains to stay as far away from @Ashley as posible.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Research 14
Research: 1d12! 1d6!: [12!, 4]+[6!, 2] = 24
Turns out FT Detroit had an impressive library filled with enough material on child psychology and old earth maps detailing the best dives and drives of detroit. The big grackle snacked on a rhino burger while he read for an hour, glad to just have some books and his own thoughts. The way Meyer had nodded had made Danny a bit uncomfortable. Danny tapped a nearby table wirh his tail as he picked up another book on the child Id and Ego. He whispered, “Fascinating...” Even if his efforts to understand human children and what drove them were for naught, the quiet in the Library was in a way Liberating.
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Serival Drumm

Post by Serival Drumm »

Support Carlos via Piloting 7, +1 to Carlos
Piloting Support 1d12!-1: [1]-1 = 0
Wild PS 1d6!-1: [6!, 2]-1 = 7
Serival, seeing that Khar-Loez has the skills needed to track the child, focuses on using the hovercraft to get to places that the Simvan cannot, or periodically rising up just enough to get a clear view of territory immediately ahead--mostly saving the tracker's time by spotting obvious dead-ends. The craft handles reasonably smoothly, though there's a few bumpy spots. Meanwhile, Glass remains near the rearmost exit of the craft, ready to be deployed at need.
Serival Drumm
OOC Comments
Skills:
Edges:
Gear:
Misc. Thief Tools, IRMSS
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc receives the information from Meyers and reviews the information.

Approaching the rest of the team, "The last time I was through here I found something."

Pulling out the holorecorder/holodisplay, Doc opens up his personal computer and taps a few keys. Taking the surveillance info that Meyers had delivered, he uploads a holographic image. There are two images, one overlayed on the other. Witha couple clicks on his computer, the upper image of massive buildings and roads lined with pre-Rifts vehicles disappears. The remaining image is that of broken terrain and odd trees.

Scene Mod +2
Survival 1d4!!+2: [1]+2 = 3 Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3

Benny to Reroll (2 of 3 remaining)

Survival 1d4!!+2: [3]+2 = 5 Wild 1d6!!+2: [1]+2 = 3
as Doc gets his bearings and points out the route they should go. Sending the holodisplay with @Carlos, "If you need it. It will guide you through the rough terrain, towards the boy."
Doc Olliday
Doc Olliday
  • na
Adventure Cards
Doc Olliday
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

As you travel atop the tall grass, you see a few things that will stick with you.

An honest to god, wooly mammoth. It is at the edge of one of the many lakes you travel by. It laps at the water with it's massive pink tongue when suddenly a dozen dark purple tentacles shoot out of the water, razor sharp serrated hooks slide out of the end of each tentacle, and they descend upon the mammoth, pulling it into the water effortlessly, the only thing left a froth of dark red bubbles.

An elderly african american man, wearing strange clothing, and watching the party from a respectful distance. He walks next to the caravan for a minute or two, then fades away, into nothingness.
OOC Comments
A common knowledge roll at a -2 will identify the clothing as pre-rifts, a raise will tell you he is dressed like someone from the 1930's specifically.
You come across a massive fungus field. Kar-Loz quickly identifies these as poisonous, and strongly suggests you leave them be. You hear a strange noise in the distance, like a violin being smashed against a brick wall. In spite of the dischord, dischord, everyone hail dischord, you have the strange urge to dance. You are able to push this urge aside as you quickly exit the field. A chill rolls down your spine, knowing you have visited a place claimed by the unseelie faeries.

After these scenes and countless other bizzare events, Kar-Loz gets the scent. It leads to a fissure in a strip of concrete, a tight squeeze but big enough for an average person. You see a tunnel of some sort has been carved into the concrete and there is a faint glow of light deep down in the hole.
Instructions

Please declare what you are doing. If you are going in the hole, figure out the marching order in Discord before posting please, and bear in mind the tunnel is too narrow for two people to fit side by side. If anyone is bigger than size 0, this will count as difficult terrain as they literally have to shove themself through the tunnel at some points.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Zero

Post by Zero »

Ashley looks at the pit and frowned. Uh. No.

“Guys. I’ll stay topside and watch y’all six. I can’t go down there. Find that kid. I’ll be right here making sure no one sneaks up on you from here.”

OOC Comments
Thank you all. Thank you Stoic. I’ll be retiring Ashley. Going to concentrate on GMing and not overdoing it. Thank you!!!!!!
Sig

Post by Sig »

Common Knowledge 5
Common Knowledge 1d4!!-2: [7!!]-2 = 5 Wild 1d6!!-2: [2]-2 = 0
Fort Detroit
Afternoon
Round 0
OOC Comments
Sorry I missed the last pass :( The site didn’t send me notification. Didn’t send me notification for this one, either.
With someone else to drive, Sig took the railgun in the trailer. They saw some real oddities along the way, steering clear of a monster-infested lake and seeing a man in pre-rifts clothes walk beside them before disappearing, among others. Finally they caught the scent of the boy and trailed it to a hole in the ground.

Sig eyed the hole as they discussed what to do. Ashley volunteered to stay topside and keep an eye on things. “Danny an’ I are gonna have a tough time squeezin’ in there,” Sig warned. “It’s doable, but we’ll slow ya up. Want us in back so we don’t?” he offered.

Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Winter’s Heart: 10/10 PPE; smite and slow
Plasma Grenades x 2
Unclaimed Loot
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

Khar-loez tells his steed to stay and guard, then steps to the front, but pauses, "Boy fear Simvan? Him see and run?"

He is thinking, My species has a reputation that many fear, possibly the boy will run away if he sees me first.

His tracking skills are useful near the front, but if he sends the boy further into danger by his presence, it is less than useful.
Low Light Vision

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Danny

Re: Fort Detroi

Post by Danny »

Grease me and sig up: mcguyver 1d6! 1d6!: [6!, 2]+[4] = 12 , total is an 8.

Danny looked in his pack for about six seconds and pulled out a tube. He eyed the hole and looked at Sig agreeing that they need some assistance. He shucked off his armor and skivies until he was one step from commando. He spread a thick glob from the tube into his hand and began the well practiced art of lathering himself. His tail tossed the Tube to Sig (Its label says, Tawdry and Tails‘ Simvan Booty Sweat) and Danny gave Sig a shamful shrug.

Lather applied he was as slick as greased owl shit but smelt damn fine. His muscles glistened, and when the light of the sun caught up just so everything went slow mo if any ladies were looking at him. He could feel Derrick’s ghostly eyes watching him with lurid intent, but Danny was a pro and a kid needed saving. He couldn’t waste time admonishing a love sick ghost. His tail clutched his armor, ready to drag it into the deep, and his arms bore his trusty rifle.

He looked at @Carlos and agreed with him, “Good point Karlos, no need to send a cannibal down to frighten the kid.“ He licked his lips and glanced at @Serival Drumm. “Servial, can that Automan, go invisible and intangible? I am thinking it goes in first, followed by Sig, myself, then Karlos.”
Danny Stat Block
Skills of note:

Bennies 4/3
+1 benny for rp
Xiang

Re: Fort Detroi

Post by Xiang »

Danny wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:38 pm
He looked at @Carlos and agreed with him, “Good point Karlos, no need to send a cannibal down to frighten the kid.“ He licked his lips and glanced at @Serival Drumm. “Servial, can that Automan, go invisible and intangible? I am thinking it goes in first, followed by Sig, myself, then Karlos.”
Xiang watches the grackles grease up with amusement, Definitely not something I'd see back home "I was going to offer to scout ahead. I see fine in the dark and while I can no become invisible, I can obscure myself somewhat."
Casting deflection with shroud mod: 3 ISP
Psionics 1d8: [5] = 5
Wild 1d6!!: [4] = 4
for a second the werecat generates a distortion field around himself, making his position seem to shift about slightly while also both muting his own color and allowing the color/shape of things behind him to be seen.

"You see, I can slip in, take a look and come back. I could link minds with someone, but I would rather no have too many distractions while sneaking into the unknown." Smiling a catty smile he
Stealth chack. Modifiers: Shroud +1, Thief/Woodsman edges +2. Net +3
Stealth 1d8!!+3: [2]+3 = 5
Wild 1d6!!+3: [5]+3 = 8
slowly, like the fabled Cheshire cat, into the darkness of the rift unless instructed otherwise.
Character Name
Character Name
  • List of Abilities

Edit Signature

Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

Khar-loez grunts, "Good." and allows Xiang to go first, the invisible cat will be a good scout. If Xiang wants, he is willing to link minds, but it might be better is someone who can talk more clearly does that.
Low Light Vision

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison watches @Xiang fade away, and then takes a long look at her two undead companions. Clarence can fit down there just fine, but the Brodkil, not so much.

"Okay," she says to Clarence. "You and me are going down there. Salak, you stay up here and guard with Ashley. Don't let anything hostile sneak up on us." She hops out of the truck and then lines up behind the greased-up Grackle. With @Danny in front of her and Clarence looming menacingly behind, she feels oddly secure for what they are up to.

Almost as an afterthought, she activates the night vision spell on her recycled deadboy faceplate. "I guess we just wait for the kitty now."
Carlos
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Carlos »

Khar-loez opens his senses to the environment. This place may be dangerous in many ways, so he can not afford to be cut off. Hopefully things are natural enough here that it does not disturb him like most active human towns do.
OOC Comments
Notice: 1d8!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12 , Wild Notice: 1d6!!+2: [9!!]+2 = 11
Low Light Vision

Bennies 3/3
Wounds 0/3
Doc Olliday

Post by Doc Olliday »

Doc appreciates the rare find of what Detroit looked like before the Cataclysm. He has the overlay rigged to his goggles so that he can see the old with the current. Not entirely certain, Doc fiddles with the holographics to see if he can fine tune the details or strip away various layers of infrastructure.

Once he is done fiddling and tweaking, he eyes the location of the boy. With his improved senses, he tries to get a feel for what maybe ahead for the team.

Happy to take up any position, he makes sure that all his gadgets and gizmos are readily accessible.
Sig

Post by Sig »

Fort Detroit
Afternoon
Round 0

Sig stared at the bottle of lubricant Danny handed him after the other grackle had stripped down and spread it all over himself.

“No thanks,” Sig said, handing the lube back. “I’ll just take rear guard. Not gonna take the armor off.”

Sig readied his plasma ejector and waited for the others to enter the cave system, then slipped in at the back of the line, grunting quietly as he forced his way through the narrow tunnel.

Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
Winter’s Heart: 10/10 PPE; smite and slow
Plasma Grenades x 2
Unclaimed Loot
Character Tracker
Sig Character Sheet
I Know a Guy
Adventure Card:

Loadout
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • 2 reloads
    • Armor Piercing grenade
    • Standard rocket x 2
  • Chest rig
    • Plasma grenade x 3
    • Frag grenade x 2
    • Big Bore reload
  • Triarius Heavy Armor
  • Titan Belt
  • Trauma kit
  • Survival Pack

Canyonero SUV
  • Size 4
  • Acc/TS 20/40
  • Toughness 27(16)
  • Remaining Mods 3
    • ROF 4

[/list]

Shopping list
Stun grenades
Smoke grenades
EMP grenades
Rockets
Vehicle mods
Loot
TK Revolver
Portable Rocket Launcher
Vibrosword
Vibroknife

Return to “24th COT Adventure Forum”