All Good Things...

Against The Dark: 2 Openings
GM: Ndreare
Ndreare
Savage Siri

All Good Things...

Post by Ndreare »

It is with regret, I am going to do this. But I need to let this game go.
It seems we keep having this struggle to keep things going, between my school, work, my mothers medical needs, and sometimes even the in game waiting. I get to the point where I feel like I am dragging you guys along against your will. We get to a point where I will post and not get a reply from anyone for over a week, sometimes even a month.

Things are about to get worse as I will have to help my brother pack up and move from a large home he has collected 15 years of junk in. Then I myself will have to move, from our own home. (Luckily with only two years of junk collected.)

For me this is a real bummer because it is my favorite game on the boards. With story lines I have run so far focusing on flushing out character backgrounds like Peter's vampire adventure, Triessa's family development, and Gravely/Sam's connections. So as both a player and a GM I really wanted this one to keep going.

I am not really ready to let this go completely, so I kept trying to wait and prod for a post. But the PBP games I am running have not been able to get players interested in enough to post regularly, and I need to step back to invest that time in something more engaging.

If by chance someone else wants to take over this adventure, or the move the game along I can schedule a call and tell them what I had planned, or what was happening.

Until next time, I will see you all on Discord or in other games I am playing in.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades