08 - Krísi, Within The Silver Sheen

Ndreare
Savage Siri

08 - Krísi, Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Ndreare »

The explanation from Triassa and a little time spent practicing leaves the team soon able to control where they go and even with a little help what they are thinking about.
@Triessa
Alexis wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:25 am "That was, not cool,"Alex comments as he collects his wits. Having a chance to breathe, he takes in the vast astral vista surrounding the group. His inspection is quickly interrupted by Triessa's summary and explanation.

"Is there anything we can do in order to prep ourselves for this domain? Are we totally, instantly, screwed or do we have a chance like with just now?"
The answer you can give him is it really depends on the power of whoever created it. But anyone able to create one in such a dangerous location and of that size will be a virtual god inside with near absolute control of physics, and the powers of visitors within his realm.

As Triessa guides everyone over to the domain, it she ‘knocks’ with what to her it a trivial bump of her will onto the bubble of the domain. The answer is obvious to all as a brief moment later a very old looking oak door forms in from of them floating against the backdrop of the solidified ectoplasm of the astral domain.

As Triessa opens the door, a it leads into a wide parlor, with large corinthian columns to either side. The white marble walkway leading forward to a robed man.

His wise old face smiles at the Cell members as they approach before he speaks. “We receive few visitors anymore. Why do you come to Krísi?”
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Morri

Re: 08 - Krísi, Within The Silver Sheen

Post by Morri »

"We took a wrong turn." Morri answered. "Or even missed a turning."

"Either way, we've ended up here by random chance." Continued Morri. "Krisi the name o' this place?"
Mórrígan 'Morri' Ní Mháille, Human Rogue

Morri Human Rogue
Parry: 6, Toughness: 6 (2)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Triessa shot Morri a look and moved forward a step, offering a hand to shake.

"Not...completely random, actually. I'm Triessa Elrich. I came from my grandfather's farm which isn't too...far from here? Astrally speaking? I was really hoping you might know something about him or if you'd seen him recently."

For a second emotions started bubbling up again, and she had to swallow. "There's been some trouble on Earth. I just really need to know what happened to him, and my grandma."
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Morri wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:21 pm "We took a wrong turn." Morri answered. "Or even missed a turning."

"This is not the kind of place one normally finds by accident."
Morri wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:21 pm "Either way, we've ended up here by random chance." Continued Morri. "Krisi the name o' this place?"
"No, Krisi is what we offer. This is the place where judgement can be had."

Triessa wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:57 am Triessa shot Morri a look and moved forward a step, offering a hand to shake.

"Not...completely random, actually. I'm Triessa Elrich. I came from my grandfather's farm which isn't too...far from here? Astrally speaking? I was really hoping you might know something about him or if you'd seen him recently."

For a second emotions started bubbling up again, and she had to swallow. "There's been some trouble on Earth. I just really need to know what happened to him, and my grandma."
"Oh, your father?" Somehow missing the generational removal. "Many have come here. Elrich, though that name does not sound like the name of someone who has come seeking krisi. Perhaps if you describe him or if he was known by another name I could ask dikastís my master."
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Gravely steps inside the door and then takes a position just to the right of the door. This is not his place and he respects it and is cautious at the same time.

WIP
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Rank 7 Seasoned Human Mortal Champion
Pace: 6 / 1d6 || Parry: 5 || Toughness: 5 [0 /4] ||
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Bennies: 5/5
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Seraph is unfamiliar with the astral realm and other planes of existence, but
Common Knowledge 1d6!: [6!, 5] = 11
Wild 1d6!: [1] = 1
If it helps any, Seraph is a Linguist fluent in English, Latin, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, and Spanish
for any recollection of this place or at least the term Krísi. He's not sure what language it might have originated from, but he's familiar with many different cultures and is fluent in several languages. It's quite possible Seraph has ran across a reference to Krísi during his life.

After a moment's reflection, Seraph approaches @Triessa and whispers into her ear, "This man's names for this place and his master are most likely Greek in origin. It's not a language I've spoken much or in a very long time, but it is similar to Latin which I am fluent in. Krísi could mean the place of judgement or possibly judgement itself. As in, entering that realm could be the same as accepting an act of judgement. The meaning of Krísi is very close to something like that. His master is dikastís. That is the word for judge or magistrate. The person who exercises judgement..."

Persuasion 1d8!: [5] = 5 (Add +2 for Very Attractive if being a hot angel dude/nightbane does anything for this guy)
Wild 1d6!: [6!, 1] = 7
Free Charismatic Reroll
Persuasion 2 1d8!: [2] = 2
Wild 2 1d6!: [5] = 5
, "Do you believe It is safe for my allies and I to be here? If we sought Krísi, could we speak with your dikastís about my friend's grandsire?"
Seraph, Angelic Nightbane (Koshnek#3472)
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 7(2)
Pace: 6(d6); Flight: 6(d6); Parry: 9; Toughness: 16(6)

• Command: +1 to allies’ Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5”).
  • Dark Sight: Ignore dim/dark lighting penalties, but not Supernatural or total darkness.
  • Fast Regeneration: The character no longer rolls regeneration twice per time interval. Instead the character may now make a natural healing roll at the start of every turn (immediately before rolling to unshake if needed). Whenever the creature gains a permanent injury, it may make a natural healing roll once recovered from the Incapacitation which caused the injury. On a success, the injury heals in 1d6 hours. Even on a failure the character may roll again after 1 day, until the permanent injury is healed.
    Note: For a Nightbane with this ability, both Facade and Morphus gain fast regeneration.
  • Frenzy: Roll a second Fighting die with one melee attack per turn.
  • The commander has a natural grasp of small unit tactics and can take advantage of rapidly changing situations.
    A Tactician is dealt an extra Action Card each round of combat or a chase—kept separate from his own cards. At the start of the round, he may discard it or give it to any one allied Extra in Command Range. The player or GM controlling the receiving character can decide whether to accept and replace her current Action Card, or discard it.
    : Draw two extra Action Card each turn that may be assigned to any allies in Command Range (5”).
  • Supernatural Becoming: The Nightbane has the ability to turn into their Morphus form by concentrating for one full round doing nothing else. The Nightbane can make a Spirit Roll at -2 to transform as a single action, on a raise this action does not inflict a multiple action penalty to other actions in the turn.
    • Dark Champion: Nightbane are natural enemies with the forces of darkness and gain the
      Champions fight the forces of darkness (or good), adding +2 damage when attacking supernaturally evil (or good if they’re evil) creatures. The bonus applies to area effect damage, ranged attacks, powers, etc.
      The GM must decide which foes this bonus applies to, but generally it’s any evil (or good!) creature born of magic or with any supernatural abilities.
      Edge whenever in their Morphus Form.
    • Seraph is Very Attractive and adds +2 to Performance and Persuasion rolls if the target is attracted to his general type (gender, sex, species, etc.). He is also Charismatic and gains a free reroll when using Persuasion.
      : Seraph’s angelic morphus is so flawlessly human that it’s nearly inhuman in its beauty. More than that, Seraph’s usual manner of a silver-tongued devil transforms into something more. When Seraph’s angelic morphus speaks, his words carry meaning. Anyone who hears them knows they are words of truth and can feel any emotion Seraph is conveying to be genuine and moving.
    • Limited Invulnerability: Nightbane are immune to mind control, possession, transformation, and similar powers or abilities not specifically designed to work against them. Such powers/abilities simply roll off of the targeted Nightbane. (However some spells such as, by way of example, a power trapped specifically to force Nightbane to switch between their Facade and Morphus forms, or Repel a Nightbane, do have full effect).
    • Martial Warrior: Unarmed Fighting +2, fists and feet count as Natural Weapons, add d6 damage die to unarmed Fighting attacks (or increase die two steps if you already have it).
    • Radiant Armaments: Seraph's Morphus form gains +3 Toughness and +6 Armor from its angelic plate armor. It's blade of light (Natural Weapons) deals Str+d6 damage, AP 2 with +1 to parry. (Martial Warrior bumps this to Str+d10.)

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PPE: 15/15
Light Bennies: 3/3; Dark Bennies: 0/1; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

"Harold," Triessa says on the heels of Seraph quickly. "My grandfather's name is Harold Wiseman. Sorry, my name's Elrich, his is Wiseman. I don't know that he came here, I just...it's the first place I saw when I tried to follow where he might have gone."

She looks uncertainly at Seraph, not liking the 'judgement' thing. "But if you really haven't seen him, or Agatha my grandma, then...we'll leave. We don't want to intrude on anything."
Last edited by Mel Richter on Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

The robed man nods. "You have the right of it, but there is no need to whisper while in Krisi. We are aware of all your words. My exposure to this language is new and I am sorry I have not mastered it yet."

Turning to walk away he nods to Triessa as well. "Yes, you can meet the Judge. All who come to Krisi must be Judged before being granted their boon or being sent away."

As he walks away the world itself seems to bend and fold around him, as if the walls predicted where he should go be going. As you follow him he explains the rules. "You may ask one question of the Judge. He will answer your question as best he can. Then he will reward with either boon or bane as you deserve before sending you away. If your question is outside his knowledge then he will answer what he knows, but nothing more. If you ask a multiple part question he will only answer the first part, before sending you away.

"Be thoughtful and know what you will ask." Stopping in front of a giant door, standing nearly 15' tall he turns, "Are you ready to see dikastís?"
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Triessa takes a deep breath, then nods.

"Okay. Just one second."

She looks at the others with her and says, "I'm going to try this. I've got no idea what's 'worthy' or not here, but it's worth the risk to me. You guys can stay here if you want. If you come with me, it sounds like as long as you don't ask a question you should be safe. Just be careful of what you say."

Then she goes to the robed man at the door.

"I'm ready."
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Once she announces she is ready Triessa is led into the chamber. The large triangular stone room, the walls are lined with drapery, and encircled by thousands of metallic men, women and children, some monstrous, some soft, of all shapes and sizes. Then in the center of the chamber is a small dais only 6" higher than the rest of the room. Then prominent among the many three females, one preadolescent, one early twenties and one that looks to be in her early fifties walk forward. At the same time three males following the same pattern move forward, finally three monstrous being come forward, one demonic, one angelic, and one strange misanthropes whose body changes constantly.

As she scans the thousands assembled, they seem to expand, as if her mind was trying to capture something, but perhaps millions of people. They cannot be pinned down to a single place and time. Some seem to be rough men or women, without even clothes to cover them, other appear to be dressed in modern clothes while still others seem to be dressed in what looks to be futuristic clothing.

As Triessa steps to the dais the nine who came forward welcome you, their voices coming from not just them, but the thousands around them. "@Names you by your full given name. You came to krisi, you have not sought dikisti, but now you have dikasto. Speak, your question."

As each of you enter, you find yourself waiting and watching you find it undesirable to interrupt and you are indeed unable to say or do anything that would disrupt the person as they are on the dais. This is a moment in time for only them...

Each of you may ask one question, to gain an incite, a blessing or a bane.

Simply step forward and ask your question. You do not sense any hostility or hostile intent from them.

Make a Notice roll success, you see a person you recognize

For Triessa on a raise you will see your Grandfather in the crowd, but not your Grandmother. You intuitively know this is only a reflection of him, a psychic residual left behind.

• 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Triessa spotted her grandfather in the crowd surrounding the dais just as she was opening her mouth to answer, and nearly called out his name before catching herself. It wasn't him...that was somehow part of this domain, like the grand cathedral itself. Agatha was nowhere to be found either...did that mean she was dead? Or did it mean he was dead? Or...more likely it meant that he'd been here before...but why?

She really wanted to know that, but she also only got to ask one question. What was most important?

"How can I find my grandparents, Harold and Agatha Wiseman?" Triessa asked. That had to come first. Find them, and she could ask all the other questions percolating in her mind.

Rolls
Notice 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4 Wild 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Triessa wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 am Triessa spotted her grandfather in the crowd surrounding the dais just as she was opening her mouth to answer, and nearly called out his name before catching herself. It wasn't him...that was somehow part of this domain, like the grand cathedral itself. Agatha was nowhere to be found either...did that mean she was dead? Or did it mean he was dead? Or...more likely it meant that he'd been here before...but why?

She really wanted to know that, but she also only got to ask one question. What was most important?

"How can I find my grandparents, Harold and Agatha Wiseman?" Triessa asked. That had to come first. Find them, and she could ask all the other questions percolating in her mind.

Rolls
Notice 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4 Wild 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
Their voice speaks out softly to you. Filling the room, and your mind at the same time. "Your grandparents have fled a battle with the dark. They wait in hiding at a place hidden within the astral at the boarder of the Nigthlands. They recover near the same lands bound to their farm, on the other side. From there they hope not to be seen."

There tone suddenly becomes incoherent to all as words come that only Triessa can understand (sent in PM). Then suddenly Triessa's body stretches and distorts in what looks to be a very painful way as a silvery image of her steps out and her own body stretches towards the ceiling disappearing from sight once it is stretched to thin to be perceived.

The silvery copy of Triessa, moves over and joins the host, as the nine previously separated merge back into the crowd awaiting the next to ask of them.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Morri

Post by Morri »

Notice 7
Notice 1d6!!+2: [4]+2 = 6
Wild 1d6!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
Morri listened as Triessa asked about her grandparents and received an answer, though Morri would be the first to admit that she didn't quite follow what was said. She prepared herself to ask a follow up question, aiming to get a glimpse at the bigger picture, when Triessa abruptly appeared to be stretched to almost nothingness and vanished. Out of pure reflex, Morri blurted out. "Wot the feck just happened?!"

Realizing what she'd done, Morri cursed inwardly that she'd ruined her question and doubted whether she could give it to another member of the team to ask.

Morri Human Rogue
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As Morri approaches the Dais four misanthropes like the previous one come forward, their physical nature the same, but somehow their power can be felt in gradients that she intuitively interprets as young, old and ancient, as if each where a nightbane like herself. Then three women in elegant diner gowns, like before one prepubescents, one of child bearing age, somehow looking to have never born a child and a last more mature of an age to be a grandmother, woman somehow managing not to look ancient. Their ears have a slight edge to them, their teeth too white, and their faces lacking flaws or any sign of unhealth.. The men then come foreword of likewise demeanor, and design, except that their teeth when they talk having what looks to almost be a predators fangs.
Morri wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:07 pm Morri blurted out. "Wot the feck just happened?!"

Realizing what she'd done, Morri cursed inwardly that she'd ruined her question and doubted whether she could give it to another member of the team to ask.
The younger woman and and man look to be offended, but the smile that comes from the others places her at ease. Then as one they speak, and echoing in your head. "She was judged, and granted her bane as al are who come to kisi. Surely this is not the question you truly wish answered? Would you like to take a moment to better think through your questions?"
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Morri

Post by Morri »

"Erm, yeah, sorry..." Morri replied a little sheepishly. "That was...er...unexpected."

She took a moment to compose herself, muttering. "Just the one question...."

"OK then, probably the best chance o' finding out wot we're going inta here." Added Morri, though mainly for the benefit of the team. "Why were Triessa's grandparents attacked?"

Morri Human Rogue
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Morri wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:41 am "Erm, yeah, sorry..." Morri replied a little sheepishly. "That was...er...unexpected."

She took a moment to compose herself, muttering. "Just the one question...."

"OK then, probably the best chance o' finding out wot we're going inta here." Added Morri, though mainly for the benefit of the team. "Why were Triessa's grandparents attacked?"
As before their voice speaks out softly to you. Filling the room, and your mind at the same time. "The Wisemans where attacked because they have been using their resources and contacts as Seekers to fund rebellion against those who serves the Dark. In this they were betrayed in their purpose by one they aided."

Their tone suddenly becomes incoherent to all as words come that only Morri can understand (sent in PM). Then suddenly Morri's body stretches and distorts in what looks to be a very painful way as a silvery image of her steps out and her own body stretches towards the ceiling disappearing from sight once it is stretched too thin to be perceived.

The silvery copy of Morri, moves over and joins the host, as the nine previously separated merge back into the crowd awaiting the next to ask of them.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

"My cell mates. @Seraph @Sam @Alexis Our journey continues on from here. Questions must be asked. Receive your answers and be judged."

Gravely goes silent and waits for each other member to ask their question and be judged.
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Notice 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11

"No,"Alex slowly replies, a thoughtful look on his face,"I don't think so."

"We know this an astral domain and the creator is godlike here. I don't know if that's a piece of soul or what, but they're extracting something from those who question. Look around, do you see Triessa's grandmother anywhere? Triessa's answer said They, not He, which means that they were both here but only he asked a question. My hunch is that she saw the extraction and decided not to go through it. Which also means that we can walk out and meet up with Triessa and Morri."

1 Light Benny due to Rob posting late. Used against Shadow Mantis in the Void
2 Light Bennys for updating signature
1 Light Benny for remembering to forget the basement
1 Light Benny for good astral RP

Name: Alexis "Alex" Hamilton
Discord: Bai Shen
Edges: Charismatic (Free reroll when using Persuasion.), Streetwise (+2 to Common Knowledge and criminal networking.), Thief (+1 Thievery, Athletics rolls made to climb, Stealth in urban environments.)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 1
PPE: 10/15
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Sam, his voice barely audible, asks the question that keeps him up at night. It's the question that haunts him, the one that he tries so very hard to bury when others are around. "Who was I, before?"
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Sam wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:57 am Sam, his voice barely audible, asks the question that keeps him up at night. It's the question that haunts him, the one that he tries so very hard to bury when others are around. "Who was I, before?"
Gravely still has to remind himself, that everything is not the way it appears.
Alexis wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:39 am Notice 1d8!!: [3] = 3
Wild 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11

"No,"Alex slowly replies, a thoughtful look on his face,"I don't think so."

"We know this an astral domain and the creator is godlike here. I don't know if that's a piece of soul or what, but they're extracting something from those who question. Look around, do you see Triessa's grandmother anywhere? Triessa's answer said They, not He, which means that they were both here but only he asked a question. My hunch is that she saw the extraction and decided not to go through it. Which also means that we can walk out and meet up with Triessa and Morri."
"We either play by their rules or we gett swept away by them."

"I am quite certain that they could have your life right here, @Alexis."

Looking to @Seraph and @Peter, "We best get on with it. Lets not leave the ladies by themselves for too long."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As Sam approaches the dais nine humans approach, the three men expected, the three women expected, but the third set, stood out to him most of all. A man in a ragged and torn United States Army uniform, his skin loose and eyes shot as his addiction can be seen even in the silvery sheen of his eyes, a second man this one looking strong and professional dressed in what must have been an expensive suit during his day, and the last a much older man maybe in his fifties, his athletic bulk looking like someone who never gave up on self discipline, and wearing the traditional wet works gear preferred when working in the field.
Sam wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:57 am Sam, his voice barely audible, asks the question that keeps him up at night. It's the question that haunts him, the one that he tries so very hard to bury when others are around. "Who was I, before?"
As before their voice speaks out softly to you. Filling the room, and your mind at the same time. "Who you were before has been hidden from us except a name. Your name was Justin Turm."

Their tone suddenly becomes incoherent to all as words come that only Sam can understand (sent in PM). Then suddenly Sam's body stretches and distorts in what looks to be a very painful way as a silvery image escapes him. However unlike when the ladies went the image that comes from Sam is not of Sam. Instead it is the image of an athletic human in his late twenties, dressed in para-military attire not unlike that worn by the more well funded members of the resistance, or secret government agents.

The silvery man moves over and joins the host, as the nine previously separated merge back into the crowd awaiting the next to ask of them.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Ndreare wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:32 am As Sam approaches the dais nine humans approach, the three men expected, the three women expected, but the third set, stood out to him most of all. A man in a ragged and torn United States Army uniform, his skin loose and eyes shot as his addiction can be seen even in the silvery sheen of his eyes, a second man this one looking strong and professional dressed in what must have been an expensive suit during his day, and the last a much older man maybe in his fifties, his athletic bulk looking like someone who never gave up on self discipline, and wearing the traditional wet works gear preferred when working in the field.
As before their voice speaks out softly to you. Filling the room, and your mind at the same time. "Who you were before has been hidden from us except a name. Your name was Justin Turm."

Their tone suddenly becomes incoherent to all as words come that only Morri can understand (sent in PM). Then suddenly Sam's body stretches and distorts in what looks to be a very painful way as a silvery image escapes him. However unlike when the ladies went the image that comes from Sam is not of Sam. Instead it is the image of an athletic human in his late twenties, dressed in para-military attire not unlike that worn by the more well funded members of the resistance, or secret government agents.

The silvery man moves over and joins the host, as the nine previously separated merge back into the crowd awaiting the next to ask of them.
The whereabouts of his brother, a few years younger, had always been a concern. His concerns had only escalated over the last five years and with every mission with the resistance.

Rhonda would certainly like to know. Daron had never known the man Justin, who now stood beside the host.

Rhonda had been Frank Turm's girlfriend for years. When he had left for college and then the academy, she realized that a quiet homelike was not going to happen. She agreed to marry Justin more from spite than love. Frank had been at the wedding.

Justin had a good case of hero worship and after marrying Rhonda, joined the military, following in Frank's footsteps. Rhonda was shocked and dealt with it by moving near to her mother-in-law, Helga Turm.

A few years into his service and Justin was reported KIA. The casket at his funeral was empty as were the other fifteen caskets at the National Cemetery in Arlington. No one else discussed the fact that an entire team was KIA with no recovered bodies. That was the tipping point that began Gravely's move towards the resistance.
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Deep in Thought
Gravely had no doubt that Daron was his son, but his respect for Rhonda and Daron had kept him from stating such things. It was clear that Rhonda had her own issues over the situation. He would continue to protect them both, for now at a distance.

He held some belief that Rhonda had held out on Justin and that Justin had accelerated his plans, joining the military or whatever organization he was apart of withing six months of getting married. The fact that Rhonda had used Justin to get back at him, had hurt. When he had responded with nothing more than congradulations when they had been married, he guessed that Rhonda had realized the error in her actions. Not wanting to hurt Justin she had just withdrawn.

Gravely and Rhonda had reconnected at the funeral. He knew he had feelings for her. She had feelings for him. And Justin's death was the catalyst that brought the two of them together again.
Looking up from the floor near the entry way, he noticed that @Alexis had not moved or done anything. Every mission thus far has had a casualty. Guess he is this mission's sacrifical lamb.

Stepping forward, Gravely pulls from one of his coat's many pockets, a few items.

"Justin, Rhonda wanted to make sure you had this back." Gravely sets down Rhonda's wedding band.

"It is evident you served our country well." Gravely places a OD Green American Flag patch on the ground beside the wedding band.

"One day my friend, my brother, I will follow where you have led for the first time." Still kneeling he sets a photo of two brothers smiling, clasping hands. The photo was taken when Frank Turm graduated the academy.

Standing with tears in his eyes. He looks at the figure that is his brother, longing to hold him close once more. Though his service had been riddled with losses big and small. Justin's death has always been the most painful and impactful.

Looking to those he assumes to be the "judges", "Who is after Rhonda?"
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

After placing the items down in a make shift alter Gravely stands and begins to move foreword. Once again the dais has nine people approach, the three men and women as expected, when the warriors begin to approach from the crowd Gravely is shaken as he sees one of them is the young man who so recently joined them. The mental stun such that as he voices the question he had thought of he is unable to respond otherwise or even notice the two remaining soldier.
Gravely wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:43 am Looking to those he assumes to be the "judges", "Who is after Rhonda?"
In a manor that has become expected and now seems more comforting than hostile the voices again to speak as one, filling body and mind with their clarity. "Your question is only half of that which you wish to know. It is not who is hunting Rhonda that matters most to you, but how can you protect them from being hunted. Rhonda is being hunted by those within the NSB who have identified she asks too many questions. She has not stopped looking for the answers of what happened to her husband, and they will not let her continue. The vision seen by the Angel was of events that could take place tomorrow morning in Roanoke Texas, United States."

"But the question you needed to know the answer to is how to protect them. They will both die within the year unless they are trained, and made aware of what is in the Dark. Ignorance is no longer a safe rout for them."

To Alix as before their tone suddenly becomes incoherent as words come that only Gravely can understand (sent in PM). Then suddenly Gravely's body stretches and distorts in what looks to be a very painful way as a silvery image of him escapes and walks over to join the crowd.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Alex watches the last of his compatriots disappear into the void. Looking through the array of figures he briefly watches the idealized versions of his companions as they mill about. Turning on his heel he begins walking towards the doorway leading from the room.

As Alex draws up to the Herald, he stops and gravely regards man/creature/automaton. Several minutes pass in quiet contemplation.

Finally, Alex turns and strides to the dais. "What are you not telling us?"he asks, his voice projecting clearly and confidently.

1 Light Benny due to Rob posting late. Used against Shadow Mantis in the Void
2 Light Bennys for updating signature
1 Light Benny for remembering to forget the basement
1 Light Benny for good astral RP

Name: Alexis "Alex" Hamilton
Discord: Bai Shen
Edges: Charismatic (Free reroll when using Persuasion.), Streetwise (+2 to Common Knowledge and criminal networking.), Thief (+1 Thievery, Athletics rolls made to climb, Stealth in urban environments.)

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 1
PPE: 10/15
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Alexis wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:38 pm Alex watches the last of his compatriots disappear into the void. Looking through the array of figures he briefly watches the idealized versions of his companions as they mill about. Turning on his heel he begins walking towards the doorway leading from the room.

As Alex draws up to the Herald, he stops and gravely regards man/creature/automaton. Several minutes pass in quiet contemplation.

Finally, Alex turns and strides to the dais. "What are you not telling us?" he asks, his voice projecting clearly and confidently.
Unlike with the others as Alexis approaches the crowds do not part for nine others to come forward. Instead from the dais directly ahead of his a silvery man forms up from the ground. His head is up as he smiles at the impulsive youth. "It usually isn't the blessed races that ask the many variants of this question. The answer should be obvious to everyone who sees the process familiar with such things."

"But there always in something in it for the opportunities I offer. What I get from all this, is your souls and the immortality that comes with such knowledge of course." Waving his hand the last thing Alexis can see before he is separated from his own silvery image and pulled apart sent away is the man gesturing to the masses assembled as he turns.

PM Sent to Alexis
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Please take your edges from this list and apply them to your characters.
@Triessa

They voice speaks within you head. "You are lost and do not yet know yourself who you are. You must find what drives you and understand yourself or you will fail."

Bane: Any and all normal bennies you use will be treated as Dark Bennies until the end of this adventure.

Boon: Arcane Determination, write an interlude as described in your PM and Triessa gains a new power edge that functions mechanically like Chi, however it affects Spellcasting instead of Fighting.

Arcane Determination
Requirements: Boon
Your determination and dedication to the art goes beyond the skills of casual practitioners approaching the level of the Sorcerer Kings of old who betrayed the world.
At the start of each combat encounter, she gains a “Determination Point” that can be spent to:
• Reroll one of her failed Spellcasting rolls (even a Critical Failure).
• Make an enemy discard a Spellcasting made in her presence, then reroll it from scratch.
• Add +d6 damage to a successful Spell effect made.
Unspent Determination is lost at the end of the encounter.

@Morri

Is a whisper they drives through her Morri hears the following. "You are a lost child, who thinks she knows who she is, but does not remember her true beginning."

"The incident that took the life of those who raised you, was no accident. The vehicle was attacked on purpose. Yet, you have not pursued those who caused this deed."

"You are too short sighted and fail to look into future plans."

Bane: When Morri uses a any benny for the rest of this adventure it is treated as normal bennies.

Boon: Write and interlude reflecting her insights from the astral experience and Morri gains the "Omen Reader" edge.

Omen Reader
Your character may spend one minute observing the signs and flows of nature. After doing so roll a Notice to activate the divination power without spending power points. The character occasionally gains incites from casual observations even when not attempting to.
As an additional benefit this edge grants access to the Jack of All Trades edge without requiring Smarts d10.

@Sam

Their voice changes in pitch and tone and you know now that the words are only for you to hear. "We do not judge you, we have nothing to offer for you, for those who have erased who you were, have left only an echo."

Then you are released.

Bane: Your next two failures on Spirit or Spirit linked Trait rolls are considered a critical failure and may not be bennied.

Boon: Write an interlude, about moving living over the last 8 years and never really fitting in. When you are done gain the following edge.

Arcane
Something about you is hard for people to accept or remember. You seem to be forgotten, or ignored, sometimes even moments after interaction. All attempts to notice, research, or track the character suffer a -2 penalty. In addition, like Illusion the those affected must have a reason or motivation to trigger the memory before being allowed to roll.

@Gravely

As you are pulled and sifted the voice silenced to others comes clear to you. "Your guilt for the wrong you have committed slows you and will stop you from saving them. Your pursuit of death will lead to your death and the death of those you love if you do not temper your madness. You have become the enemy you hunt and must regain your humanity if you wish to be shielded from the Dark."

Bane: Lust for Death: You may not soak wounds until the end of the adventure.

Boon: Inner Peace, write an interlude of Gravely coming to terms with what he must do and how he must maintain his humanity to win over the Dark. Upon completion gain the following edge.

Inner Peace
Your character gains the permanent benefits of the Arcane Protection power as if cast with a normal success. This effect cannot be dispelled or disrupted against the characters will, is selectively applied to power, and stacks with Arcane Resistance or voluntary casting of Arcane Protection by others.
In addition the character is not considered supernatural and cannot be tracked by effects that target the Weird or Supernatural based on this ability.

@Alexis

As Alexis is pulled towards the ceiling thousands of voices speak clearly into his mind. "You are impulsive, without the wisdom of age one of your power should have. Your own true self shows that you think of yourself as an assasin, but your heart and actions show you are one who desires to help others."

Then as if an afterthought after a brief pause before you reform he adds. "While in your mortal form you use words as a weapon to control people, and skills to take what you need. But when given strength your true self shows who you really are. Do not rely on your physical prowess, for it will let you down. There will come a time when striking an enemy will doom your ally, watch for it and try to gain some wisdom."

Bane: You cannot rely on your physical abilities. For the rest of this adventure, when rolling for Agility, Strength or linked skills a Wild Die showing a 1 results in a critical failure regardless of the Trait die.

Boon: White an interlude about how Alexis has helped people, even at the sacrifice of his own needs. When done Alexis gains the Benefactor edge.

Benefactor
You may not be the person they wanted, but you are the person they needed. Your character may ignore the Multiple Action Penalty for any number of Support actions in a round.
In addition your character may ignore the requirements for Social Edges excepting other edges.

As each of you is ejected from Krisi you can feel something inside your mind as whatever being rules this place sends you to the place you are needed most...

Continued here: https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=171&t=5731
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades