The Place Between (Seattle)

Ndreare
Savage Siri

The Place Between (Seattle)

Post by Ndreare »

As you enter the cramped room the smell of stale cigars and cheep whiskey strong enough to cover the smell of old sweat on the others in the room. The concrete walls are thick and uniform confirming it is unlikely there are any surveillance devices in the room or broadcasting out. The broken crates against the walls will allow you to rest your feet and sit down, but this is still not a place of comfort.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Re: The Place Between (Seattle)

Post by Ndreare »

Returning to The Place Between separately so no one risk compromise Mary and Michael are waiting when most of you arrive. Michael waits for everyone to get comfortable before turning his laptop to face everyone with a video paused on the screen. “Any of you familiar with Zero the diet supplement they fast tracked back around dark day?” Waiting a bit for responses Mary acknowledges those who have before moving on.

“This is PNW Labs where that stuff was developed and they have moved on to the next level. What the commercials do not tell you about normal Zero is it is as addictive as tobacco, by preventing you from taking in calories it will literally starve you to death and to make it all the better the stuff makes you more susceptible to suggestion.”

Playing the video he had paused, you see there are four emaciated looking women that seem to be in their early 20s behaving almost like zombies, their frail bodies moving awkwardly as some kids at a beach party mock and take advantage of them, with inappropriate humor at their expense, the video shows them going through all variety of degrading behavior before he stops it only 1/3 through. “You do not want to watch the whole video. This is photos of the same girls taken only three weeks ago when they were planning their little trip to Seattle.” Michael then plays a new video of two of the girls blogging about their planned trip to Seattle. The girls are healthy and do not show any signs of the waste that has become of their bodies or the lives that will soon be ruined.

“This new batch is as addictive as flakka and the results are even worse. This stuff is being pushed on the streets like a drug, but police cannot do much because it tests out as simple Zero. To make it all the worse, the Seekers report she shared with me shows here that these people there psychic energy is being destroyed siphoned away somehow through a connection in the Zero.

“They were able to trace the source back to this place through some sort of advanced object reading I do not understand. PNW Labs. But Seekers are lazy, they like to get information, but are not willing to use it. I want to go in, steel as many hard drives as possible and kill any hounds or monsters as we can inside. If done right they will not be able to duplicate their work any time soon. It does not look like our kind of problem, but every person these monsters are able to feed on like this will go unnoticed, allowing those predatory bastards to live in hiding that much longer before the rest of the world wakes up.”
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

"Jesus Christ," mutters Triessa on seeing the images. "Fucking Seekers..."

She looks at Michael then.

"You do know it's not just going to be Hounds and monsters in there, right? The outer layer of security at least is going to be regular people. People who don't know what they're doing is wrong. You want us to kill them too?"
Signal

Post by Signal »

RFT wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:27 am “They were able to trace the source back to this place through some sort of advanced object reading I do not understand. PNW Labs. But Seekers are lazy, they like to get information, but are not willing to use it. I want to go in, steel as many hard drives as possible and kill any hounds or monsters as we can inside. If done right they will not be able to duplicate their work any time soon. It does not look like our kind of problem, but every person these monsters are able to feed on like this will go unnoticed, allowing those predatory bastards to live in hiding that much longer before the rest of the world wakes up.”
Signal drums his fingers on a crate, watching the video. "What's their network look like, Michael? I could try going in through a hard line, taking the data and getting out of there. I could probably fry some drives on my way out, but they could have backups, either hard backups or in the cloud. I can solve this, but I could use some more info, first."
Signal
Signal
Parry: 5 facade | 6 morphus; Toughness: 4 facade, 6(2) w/kevlar | 7 morphus, 9(2) w/kevlar
Character Sheet
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Triessa wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:35 pm"You do know it's not just going to be Hounds and monsters in there, right? The outer layer of security at least is going to be regular people. People who don't know what they're doing is wrong. You want us to kill them too?"
"To tell the truth, I would rather as few humans as possible get hurt. But this is a war, and our enemies will use every tool they can to stop us."

Signal wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:36 am Signal drums his fingers on a crate, watching the video. "What's their network look like, Michael? I could try going in through a hard line, taking the data and getting out of there. I could probably fry some drives on my way out, but they could have backups, either hard backups or in the cloud. I can solve this, but I could use some more info, first."

"If you guys think you can get the information that way, then by all means. I only have the information I am sharing with you."
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

"Right," Triessa sighed. "Okay. We're going to need a copy of that video, for one thing. Signal, you're getting some spotlight this time around. I'm good for legwork and libraries, but I don't mix with anything digital that we want to keep working."

"I'm thinking we work this from two sides. Signal, you pick a buddy and cover the digital end. Find out everything you can about this location, and about the company. Then we'll have a rotating stakeout of the factory for as much time as we can afford. Try to get a sense of what their personnel are, when their shift changes are, what kind of opposition we can expect. Entrances, exits, all of that. They'll have Hounds or worse, so no uncloaked magic on stakeout."

She looked around at the others. "Any other angles we should be looking at?"
Signal

Post by Signal »

Triessa wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 pm "Right," Triessa sighed. "Okay. We're going to need a copy of that video, for one thing. Signal, you're getting some spotlight this time around. I'm good for legwork and libraries, but I don't mix with anything digital that we want to keep working."

"I'm thinking we work this from two sides. Signal, you pick a buddy and cover the digital end. Find out everything you can about this location, and about the company. Then we'll have a rotating stakeout of the factory for as much time as we can afford. Try to get a sense of what their personnel are, when their shift changes are, what kind of opposition we can expect. Entrances, exits, all of that. They'll have Hounds or worse, so no uncloaked magic on stakeout."

She looked around at the others. "Any other angles we should be looking at?"
Signal nods at @Triessa's suggestion, glad to be of use, but still a bit withdrawn. Not wanting to speak for any of the rest of the team, he asks, "anyone else here have experience with electronic security? I'm guessing their network will be secured in such a way that I need to be physically in the building to access their information, but there's always the chance we get lucky and I can get in remotely. I'll give it a shot and see how it turns up."

He drums his fingers on the table. "I can bring someone else with me into the building to watch my back. It will be hard on me, so I won't have much left over if things go crappy, but maybe @Tania or @Clayton Hodge or another fighter would make sense."
Signal
Signal
Parry: 5 facade | 6 morphus; Toughness: 4 facade, 6(2) w/kevlar | 7 morphus, 9(2) w/kevlar
Character Sheet
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania comments, "I am a fighter and a sneak, not a hacker. If someone has created an addictive diet food that kills you by making you not want to eat regular food, people need to be warned, and warned in a way they will remember and believe. What can I do to help?"

A lot of people eat diet food, if this stuff gets out it could kill millions. Tania would not eat it, she believes in healthy living habits, but has a lot of friends she knew in school who were less so.
Morphus Form: Charisma -4, Pace 6, Parry 8, Toughness: 10
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Triessa nods at Tania, then says to Signal, "Think broader. Get information from them if you can, but they're not operating in a vacuum, you know? There's a thick layer of bureaucracy surrounding any place of business, and that information will be easier to get. Things like...what was this building before they bought it? Are they up to date on their inspections?" She taps her temple. "Look for information that's tangentially useful, you know? A lot of that's public record...it's just a pain to dig up so most people don't bother trying."
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Triessa wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 pm She looked around at the others. "Any other angles we should be looking at?"
Michael shakes his head. "I do not have any additional angles to consider. With Signal on technological defenses and the rest of he team chewing through any meat that gets in the way you should be fine."

As the team begins covering the rest of the details Michael nods. "I think you all have this in hand. I need to go to new York and talk to the team there. Seems the Mayor is hiding something." With the words spoken Michael wait for any last minute direct questions then opens the door. However instead of the abandoned tunnels of the Seattle Underground you can clearly see light being filtered through some thick trees and a very tall brick wall in the background as the door closes shut.

Pacific Northwest Labs added to campaign map. Click here for location thread.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

"Alright, Signal who do you want on your wing? I'm gonna get a stakeout car...who wants to go in with me on that? Ideally not so many I need a damn SUV."

Triessa stands up and stretches a little, making her back give a quiet pop.
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania stretches and starts a routine of exercise katas. She could not properly exercise while she was a prisoner and it will help her focus ad stay occupied until it is time for action.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Signal

Post by Signal »

Triessa wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:03 pm "Alright, Signal who do you want on your wing? I'm gonna get a stakeout car...who wants to go in with me on that? Ideally not so many I need a damn SUV."

Triessa stands up and stretches a little, making her back give a quiet pop.
Signal gives a shrug. ”I’ll take any volunteers, but I’ll need at least one person to watch my back.”
Signal
Signal
Character Sheet
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Gravely nods at the discussions. Then stepping from against the wall of the room they are in, he looks at those gathered.

Signals suggestion of infiltration and needing someone to protect his back, causes Gravely to step from the wall.

"@Signal I can cover your back, no probelm."

"@Triessa Two teams will be all we can manage. I would say that Tania, Triessa, and Peter should handle the exterior survelliance."

Tapping one of his many pockets in the reinforced over coat, "I can download the material once Signal has it located by file type and capacity."

"@Tania You will need to pull physical security while Peter and Triessa do their survelliance in the mundane fashion. Comms are embedded ear buds and should you need Signal and I to return and to get Peter and Triessa's attention, three taps to the ear piece will be the que."

"Anyone have any questions?"
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Rank 7 Seasoned Human Mortal Champion
Pace: 6 / 1d6 || Parry: 5 || Toughness: 5 [0 /4] ||
Wounds: 0 of 3 || Fatigue: None
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Bennies: 5/5
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Raphael
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Raphael »

To everyone's surprise, the guardian speaks. "Yes Michael, I would like to know..." He abruptly pauses, freezing in place. His features flutter back to life and a small frown breaks the perfect angles of his face. He actually looks a bit flustered. "I, I am sorry. I must go. The dark one is coming..." He nods politely to his teammates, and abruptly walks away without a word.
Raphael, Guardian http://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=166&t=2711
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Champion, Danger Sense
Bennies: 4/3; Golden Benny: 1/1 Blue/Rambo Benny 1/1
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania frowns, "That was strange...or was it? I mean. he seemed a bit strange, was that normal for his kind of strange?"

She finds the Guardian's behavior confusing.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Peter

Post by Peter »

Not long after the guardian hastily exits, a tall lean man walks in. He seems friendly and his very prescence is relaxing. "Hello. I'm Peter. Michael said I might be useful to you."
Character Name: Peter
Player name on discord: Mike (Stoic)
Key and Initiative edges: Alertness, Dark Tidings

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0
ISP: 15 of 15
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania tilts her head, looking much like a puppy examining something they think might be a new playtoy, and says, "That was quick...I guess you must be 'the dark one'."
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Peter

Post by Peter »

"Me?" he chuckles. "I don't know about that." he smiles warmly.

Signal

Post by Signal »

Research 7, 9 total with Sarge’s Assist (Below)
Research to learn anything mundane about the building or the company [dice:3gqbhqs6]49588:0[/dice:3gqbhqs6]
Wild [dice:3gqbhqs6]49588:1[/dice:3gqbhqs6]
Signal hops onto a laptop and begins working, looking for any information he can find on the building or the company that might help them in their planning.

Maybe we’ll get lucky and there will be a floor plan to the building or photos or something on their website. Some companies post those so visitors don’t get lost.
Signal
Signal
Character Sheet
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania is no expert, but she has a thought, "When you build something, you need permits. I think those permits are public record. Try the record office or whatever it is called."

Even the temple she lived in for years needed permits and building inspections.

She says, "I guess I have a stakeout to do or something."

She heads out to see what she can learn about the location using her human senses.
OOC Comments
Possible Support rolls:
Common Knowledge [dice:2fcbkdn7]49589:0[/dice:2fcbkdn7] WildCK [dice:2fcbkdn7]49589:1[/dice:2fcbkdn7]
Notice (if applicable) [dice:2fcbkdn7]49589:2[/dice:2fcbkdn7], Wild Notice [dice:2fcbkdn7]49589:3[/dice:2fcbkdn7], Notice Ace [dice:2fcbkdn7]49589:4[/dice:2fcbkdn7] Notice=14, +2 shifts
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Signal wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:55 am
Research 7
Research to learn anything mundane about the building or the company [dice:2xt9uiqj]49588:0[/dice:2xt9uiqj]
Wild [dice:2xt9uiqj]49588:1[/dice:2xt9uiqj]
Signal hops onto a laptop and begins working, looking for any information he can find on the building or the company that might help them in their planning.

Maybe we’ll get lucky and there will be a floor plan to the building or photos or something on their website. Some companies post those so visitors don’t get lost.
Gravely is hitching a ride with @Signal . Occassionaly he points to a blip or some such and asks what it is.

In the Game, Research Support +2 _
  • Research [dice:2xt9uiqj]49593:0[/dice:2xt9uiqj]
  • Wild [dice:2xt9uiqj]49593:1[/dice:2xt9uiqj]
    Benny to Reroll
  • Elan +2
  • Research [dice:2xt9uiqj]49593:2[/dice:2xt9uiqj]
  • Wild [dice:2xt9uiqj]49593:3[/dice:2xt9uiqj]
  • Aced! Wild
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Peter

Post by Peter »

Peter quickly makes his introductions and after the group briefs him on the current situation, he puts his hand over his chin, nodding thoughtfully. "I think I'll go help stake the place out with Tania." In spite of his professional appearance, Tania quickly latches onto the way Peter looks at things in the way that a predator would look at prey. His dark brown eyes seem to have a hint of eyeshine even, as he helps her pick out which members seem to be vulnerable to attack, if they choose to go that direction.
+1 to support
Notice [dice:27l4n5on]49609:0[/dice:27l4n5on]
Wild Die [dice:27l4n5on]49609:1[/dice:27l4n5on]

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Searching the internet turned out to be a fruitful endeavor as the floor plans for the facility were easily drawn up. Not only where the original blue prints from 60 years ago able to be found, but more recent floor plans for office goers were available as well. This allowed a cross comparison of the changes and updates, including where things had been added on to make room for the modernization of amenities such as the Starbucks, Subway and FedEx/Kinkos added to the building.

From the looks of it only a about 6,000 square foot of the facility is actually being used by Pacific Northwest Labs. The rest being used by the various other offices including USDA Forest Service, North West Wildlife Foundation, PacLabs, Halbrant Collections, Smith & Westheimer Attorneys At Law, Starbucks, Subway and FedEx/Kinkos.

Overall it seems like a completely mundane small office building. Reviewing the blue prints and the new lay out the small three story building has about 1/4 of the square footage on the South West corner and a small loading area of only 1,200 square foot on the ground floor for trucks is taken up by PNW Labs. This does not seem like a large enough facility to justify the vast amounts of Zero circulating around the Northwest, let alone the U.S. or even the globe.

OOC Comments
Notice roll for PNW Labs (really should have been in other thread.
Notice [dice:2z1n94f3]49775:0[/dice:2z1n94f3]
Notice Wild [dice:2z1n94f3]49775:1[/dice:2z1n94f3]

Reroll
Notice [dice:2z1n94f3]49775:2[/dice:2z1n94f3]
Notice Wild [dice:2z1n94f3]49775:3[/dice:2z1n94f3]
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Signal

Post by Signal »

RFT wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:48 pm
From the looks of it only a about 6,000 square foot of the facility is actually being used by Pacific Northwest Labs. The rest being used by the various other offices including USDA Forest Service, North West Wildlife Foundation, PacLabs, Halbrant Collections, Smith & Westheimer Attorneys At Law, Starbucks, Subway and FedEx/Kinkos.

Overall it seems like a completely mundane small office building. Reviewing the blue prints and the new lay out the small three story building has about 1/4 of the square footage on the South West corner and a small loading area of only 1,200 square foot on the ground floor for trucks is taken up by PNW Labs. This does not seem like a large enough facility to justify the vast amounts of Zero circulating around the Northwest, let alone the U.S. or even the globe.
Signal points at FedEx. "Seems like the best way in. It's guaranteed to have a good Internet connection, at least, though it will be easier to see from the street, so we can't stay long. But from there, I should be able to jump to pretty much anywhere else in the building. I don't know what the networks will look like for stuff like law firms and wildlife groups; they might be good, or they might be garbage. If I'm designated driver, I'm picking the print shop."

To @Gravely he says, "It seem weird to you that their office is so small? Like, really small?"
Signal
Signal
Character Sheet
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Gravely shakes his head in disbelief.

"There needs to be something else."

Without waiting for @Signal's response, Gravely continues, "Either there is a port to the Nightlands or that place has a large basement labratory and production facility."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Signal

Post by Signal »

Gravely wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:49 am Gravely shakes his head in disbelief.

"There needs to be something else."

Without waiting for @Signal's response, Gravely continues, "Either there is a port to the Nightlands or that place has a large basement labratory and production facility."
"Could it be like one of those shell company things? Where the bad guys are actually using the whole building but in different names?"
Signal
Signal
Character Sheet
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

"Shell company. Possibly. Physically a front and physical address."

"We need a fact check. How long has PNW been in business. Their position in the stock markets and investors involved. Essentially a comprehensive review of who and what they are. Dig for dirt."

"@Signal you will need to tread carefully. Need my help covering your back trail?"
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

OOC Comments
If you would like to dig up more information such as mentioned by Gravely then you may chose one of the following.
  • Make a Common Knowledge -4 roll
    or
  • Make a Computer/Hacking +0 roll (no default).
Superficially you will automatically see the company is not traded.

your roll will determine how much information I provide you.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Signal

Post by Signal »

Heeding @Gravely's advice, Signal turns back to his computer. "I wouldn't say no to some help."

He focuses his mind on the flow of electricity around him, allowing his consciousness to flow into the machine at his fingertips and, from there, into all the connections beyond.
Hacking 9
Hacking [dice:2ms6n95y]49836:0[/dice:2ms6n95y]
Wild [dice:2ms6n95y]49836:1[/dice:2ms6n95y]
Signal
Signal
Character Sheet
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Gravely looks over @Signal's shoulder as he coasts through data in the web.

Discerning Information _
  • Common Knowledge [dice:17sm2pb6]49860:0[/dice:17sm2pb6]
  • Wild [dice:17sm2pb6]49860:1[/dice:17sm2pb6]
    Free Elan
  • Common Knowledge [dice:17sm2pb6]49860:2[/dice:17sm2pb6]
  • Wild [dice:17sm2pb6]49860:3[/dice:17sm2pb6]
Gravely does not immediately respond but watches the data flow across the screen. [Cautious Hindrance] Making some written notes, when he does speak he taps Signal on the shoulder to stop [Calculating Edge].
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

OOC Comments
  1. PNW Labs on paper was founded on 3/5/2000
    PNW Labs is not publicly traded or privately traded.
    Digging through a cloud of shell companies you eventually find that the company was founded by Robert Black II.
  2. Robert Black II is a wealthy industrialist who rose economically during the dot coms and was able to get out of the market in march 2001 just before the crash.
  3. A little more digging and it appears the assumption could have been correct, Black apparently also owns Halbrant Collections, the Starbucks franchise, the Subway franchise, and the building itself.
  4. Strangely the blue prints available online have the distinct feeling of an edited document. Looking at the scans there are subtle lines that only Signal could have detected where lines are not quite as straight as could be.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

RFT wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:09 am
OOC Comments
  1. PNW Labs on paper was founded on 3/5/2000
    PNW Labs is not publicly traded or privately traded.
    Digging through a cloud of shell companies you eventually find that the company was founded by Robert Black II.
  2. Robert Black II is a wealthy industrialist who rose economically during the dot coms and was able to get out of the market in march 2001 just before the crash.
  3. A little more digging and it appears the assumption could have been correct, Black apparently also owns Halbrant Collections, the Starbucks franchise, the Subway franchise, and the building itself.
  4. Strangely the blue prints available online have the distinct feeling of an edited document. Looking at the scans there are subtle lines that only Signal could have detected where lines are not quite as straight as could be.
"Shell Game indeed.Good call there @Signal."

"You would have excelled at being a rookie on the Seattle Police Force."

"Every business is a front. Which means Black can be using any of them to move the PNW product."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

From here with the information you have gathered in the last few hours a phone call to check in or perhaps a plan forward seems appropriate.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Signal

Post by Signal »

”Hey, @Gravely, it looks like some of the lines on these blueprints have been modified. I think there are rooms or something here that we can’t see.”
Signal
Signal
Character Sheet
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

With all the other details and information they had gathered, Signal's last discovery sealed Gravely's earlier assumptions. "Not sure about who is doing what but Black looks like either the fall guy or the mastermind."

Picking up his cellphone he dials @Peter at the same time he sends an email to everyone else @Triessa @Tania @Signal .

Email Msg _
100 % certain. Ground floor business are a front. Blueprints for the City have been altered. All Businesses and the Building owned by one man and a series of fake companies he controls. -G
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Signal

Post by Signal »

Gravely wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:30 pm
"Shell Game indeed.Good call there @Signal."

"You would have excelled at being a rookie on the Seattle Police Force."
Signal beams with a pride and holds himself a little straighter at Gravely’s praise, though he tries not to show it.
Signal
Signal
Character Sheet
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Trying to remember if Michael or Mary are available for contact, Gravely makes an effort to update them @RFT.

Last thing he does is to conceal a message in a hidden niche as a lastmeans to deliver the message that everyone should be heading for the labs.

" @Signal you have a means to get us to the PWN Labs or should we take my truck?"
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Signal

Post by Signal »

Gravely wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:38 am Trying to remember if Michael or Mary are available for contact, Gravely makes an effort to update them @RFT.

Last thing he does is to conceal a message in a hidden niche as a lastmeans to deliver the message that everyone should be heading for the labs.

" @Signal you have a means to get us to the PWN Labs or should we take my truck?"
Signal shrugs. "I can get us there in a hurry if it's an emergency, but it will drain me. Probably best to take the truck."
Signal
Signal
Character Sheet
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Gravely pulls out the Seattle City Streets and Such Map he keeps in one of his pockets in his over coat. Searching he locates the PNW Labs and some adjoining cross streets. He then pinpoints a location that he drive to without alerting anyone at the complex of their vehicular presence.

"Here is the PNW Labs. We will park the truck here. And walk our way to the uilding here."

At mentioning walking, Gravely uses his left index finger to trace their steps from the parked truck, avoiding potential survellience, and entering by the loading docks

Gravely folds the map up, puts it back into one of his many pockets. Stepping out of the place between he walks down a hallway/tunnel to a ladder going up with a manhole cover at the top. Parked in the alley way where the sewar exits via the man hole is Gravely's truck.

Once @Signal is in, Gravely drives tactically to the location safest to park the truck without it being observed by the PNW labs security.

OOC Comments
@RFT - Heads up we are moving out.
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Gathered Again
Post your RP information exchange and let me know when you are going to the PNW Labs building again
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Tania

Post by Tania »

When they reach the Rendezvous, Tania gives a big yawn, "Talk about your boring night. If anything happened out there we missed it completely. Do we have time for a power nap?"

It is possible nothing happened, bt it is at least as likely that whatever did happen, happened some place far enough away that they missed it, or under the cover of magic.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Signal

Post by Signal »

Signal chimes in. ”I didn’t find anything I didn’t already share. Their security system is a closed circuit and, except for Starbucks and FedEx, they’re even on their own power grid. I can’t ride us all the way in on a line. We’d have to hop out inside the building at one of those two stores, but we could probably go through one of their metal doors or something once we’re there. It’ll just take a lot of juice, but I think I can do it.”
Signal
Signal
Character Sheet
Peter

Post by Peter »

"I can help talk our way in, if we decide to go that route instead. Um, it would need to be at night though. I'm somewhat sensitive to sunlight..."

Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

"There may be another way."

Triessa came over, a roll of papers in her hand.

"I checked some records, and it turns out that building is built directly over an old building in the Underground. Four stories underground...and who knows what changes they made down there. The thing with the Underground is that it has all kinds of nooks, crannies, and passages that aren't easy to keep track of."

She set the papers on the little table and spread them out. Photocopies of her research in the library.

"There may be a way in through there. It wouldn't be easy or unguarded...but it would be out of the public eye, so we wouldn't have to hold back."

"The bad news is...neither would they."
Tania

Post by Tania »

Listening and thinking, Tania says, "You can go through wires and metal doors. What about water pipes? I mean, they probably have bathrooms in the hidden area or sprinklers or something?"

Hopefully it is not a silly idea...
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Signal

Post by Signal »

Tania wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:10 pm Listening and thinking, Tania says, "You can go through wires and metal doors. What about water pipes? I mean, they probably have bathrooms in the hidden area or sprinklers or something?"

Hopefully it is not a silly idea...
”I... I don’t honestly know, man. I mean, I can try. Anybody know if there’s a water line near here?”
Signal
Signal
Character Sheet
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Triessa shrugged. "I mean, it's a public building. They have to have water lines. But they could have replaced sections of pipe with plastic piping if they knew what to expect. What happens if you're in something metal and then suddenly hit something plastic? Do you just...boop out right there, or does it bounce you back or...what?"
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania explains her thought, "Water is a conductor...not as good as metal but still probably good enough...if they replaced the pipes with plastic couldn't he flow through the water itself? Hopefully they overlooked that."

It would be very useful if there is a gap through the enemy defenses we can use.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Signal

Post by Signal »

"I could probably make it work. I mean, I can give it a shot if we need to."
On Passing through Water
From the hangout: So as long as there are enough impurities in the water he can move through it. Might be a little painful as water is very resistant and converts electricity to heat.
But that is 90% RP and 10% a vigor roll versus fatigue
At @Triessa's question, he shakes his head. "No, I would just stay in the part that was conductive. I could choose to go back the way I came or, I guess, if I ran out of energy I'd have to come out. But that's about it."

"Well, if the underground is a potential way in, do we want to try that instead of going in topside?"

@Tania
Signal
Signal
Character Sheet
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Gravely has said little as is his nature. With every contributingtheir gathered information, Gravely makes his pitch.

"We need as little attention up front as possible."

"Taking the Underground approach works well for both Manny, Tania, and Peter. It also would seem that we would be less expected to enter PNW from the Underground."

"Old structures and water works are places guarded by age and time, no need for sentries or Hounds. Plus they tend to be forgotten because they do not get used."

Pausing for a bit, Gravely pulls a notepad from his pocket. Written on the notepad "Concerns and Precautions"

Item 1 Light for Visibility
Item 2 Means to remove obstacles. Collapsed tunnels. Iron Gates and Drains. Man Hole covers.
Item 3 Means to Ascend and Descend when necessary.
Item 4 Food/Nourishment. We are going to be away for a bit.
Item 5 ???

@Signal @Triessa @Tania @Peter @RFT
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania inquires, "If we go in below...would we be able to use our other forms? It may be icky, but my other form has many advantages. Night vision, keen senses, an ability to survive on things humans would not consider food..."

She is not sure what everyone else is, but likely hounds would detect us unless we are shielded in some way, especially if we are in Nightbane form.

She glances at the list, "Flashlights, a prybar, and rope at the least."
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Peter

Post by Peter »

"Seeing in the dark isn't exactly a problem for me either. And I can find... alternative...food sources if need be. Do we want to put all of our eggs in one basket? Perhaps I can go through the front door if that could help us in some way..."

Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania points out, "Going in along is just asking to get caught. Granted that having a single group is risky too, we do not have enough people to have multiple teams."

In slasher movies, and the like, the ones who are alone always get killed.
OOC Comments
It is easier for everyone if you do not split up the party.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Gravely blinks and points out the obvious. "Night vision gogles were not standard issue fr this unit. I do not have nightvision. Even a red lensed flashlight is better than my normal sight."

"I was thinking of bolt cutters as well, unless I am missing another talent amongst the unit for getting through iron bars."
Peter wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 pm "Seeing in the dark isn't exactly a problem for me either. And I can find... alternative...food sources if need be. Do we want to put all of our eggs in one basket? Perhaps I can go through the front door if that could help us in some way..."
Gravely shakes his head, "What would you do once inside the front door?" @Peter

"Most likely the guards and the accompanying hounds would be all over you in a few minutes. Besides by using the Underground, we do not need to worry about your other 'development', unless I missed aomething about you and daylight."

"Any other concerns or needs, that have not been addressed?"
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

"Alright, anyone who can't see in the dark, raise your hands," Triessa said, raising a hand. "I can work up some spells to help us out with that. As for getting through barriers, I got spells for that too." She waggles her eyebrows. "When magic's your hammer, everything is literally a nail."

"That said, magic tires me out pretty fast, so we want to use other ways when we can. What about a blowtorch or something? I'd say we can bring flashlights, but there could be advantage to being able to see in the dark without painting giant targets on ourselves. That said, I dunno if I can afford to shield ALL of us from detection, so they may know we're coming regardless."
Peter

Post by Peter »

Peter smirks. "You must have missed something then. I'm highly allergic to daylight."

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

With the plan in tact the group gathers the resources listed and Tania goes to finish her research at the Municipal Tower.

The two days of waiting as she goes through records is a nice chance to practice together and catch up.

Instructions
This is open Role Play for all of you. Even Tania spends some time here in the evenings between trips to city hall
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Gravely shows how tactical flashlights can be used with different colored lenses. "Red. It won't detract from those with nightvision and enables those without to see as well."

@Triessa "Trapped gases underground. A Spark. A Flame. Could create a very gigantic explosion and leave us nowhere to hide from it."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Mary shows Sam into the space in between and he gives a grin to the team. ”Nice place you’ve got here. Very homey, you know?”

Mary says simply, ”This is Sam. He’s a Guardian who would like to join you for a time.”

Sam, a diminutive looking man with dark hair, pale blue eyes, a cap, and almost achingly beautiful features, gives you a wave.

”Well,” he says, ”I don’t usually come out and say it quite like that, but yeah, that’s the gist of it. I’m a Guardian, and a little bird told me you folks could use some Guarding right about now. You’ve had a rough go of it, it seems, so I’m here to help however I can for as long as I can or until I get called somewhere else.”
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Sam takes in the team already gathered in the room. It's certainly an interesting looking lot of characters, including a Wampyre, of all things. He hasn't seen one of those since, where was that, Baltimore, right? Crazy times.

To the red haired woman @Morri he says, "That's certainly an interesting piece," pointing to the broken crucifix around her neck. "I'd bet there's a story to that."

He leaves the invitation to speak, to break the silence, hanging for her to grab or ignore. Over the years, he's found that it's much easier to put people at ease if you let them go ahead and speak first. Not for the first time, he wonders if that's something he knew from before or if it's something he learned for the first time as a Guardian.
Morri

Post by Morri »

Sam wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:36 amTo the red haired woman @Morri he says, "That's certainly an interesting piece," pointing to the broken crucifix around her neck. "I'd bet there's a story to that."
"Erm, hi....I guess." Morri replies in her Irish accent. "Tis something me parents gave me when I turned sixteen, oh...'bouts four years ago."

"Kinda got a little bit broken in our last scrap."
Mórrígan 'Morri' Ní Mháille, Human Rogue

Morri Human Rogue
Parry: 6, Toughness: 6 (2)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Morri wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:13 pm
"Erm, hi....I guess." Morri replies in her Irish accent. "Tis something me parents gave me when I turned sixteen, oh...'bouts four years ago."

"Kinda got a little bit broken in our last scrap."
Sam smiles. "Yeah, just a bit. It must be meaningful, then, to keep it. Hard to keep mementos in tact in our line of work, you know? Unless they're made of Kevlar."
Morri

Post by Morri »

"As I said, t'were a gift from me parents and a reminder o' me old life." Said Morri. "But yeah, something I'm finding out."

"Anyway, beannachtaí!" She added, sticking out a hand. "Morrigan O'Malley, though can call me Morri fer short."

Morri Human Rogue
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Morri wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:54 pm
"Anyway, beannachtaí!" She added, sticking out a hand. "Morrigan O'Malley, though can call me Morri fer short."
Sam takes her hand. "Very pleased to meet you, Morri. I'm just 'Sam.' I'm pretty sure I had a last name at some point, but I haven't the foggiest what it used to be. I don't want to be too forward, but you'd be the Nightbane, then, wouldn't you?"
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania will state, "I am Tania, Melee Specialist. I am a Nightbane. We could have used your abilities in the fight against the Vampire we recently finished, Guardian."

As a Nocturne, she knows about Gaurdians being a natural enemy of Vampires, if not much more about them.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Morri

Post by Morri »

Sam wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:08 pmSam takes her hand. "Very pleased to meet you, Morri. I'm just 'Sam.' I'm pretty sure I had a last name at some point, but I haven't the foggiest what it used to be. I don't want to be too forward, but you'd be the Nightbane, then, wouldn't you?"
"Well, one o' 'em anyway." Answers Morri. "I'm kinda like a werewolf but not."

Morri Human Rogue
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Morri wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:15 am
"Well, one o' 'em anyway." Answers Morri. "I'm kinda like a werewolf but not."
Sam gives another winning smile and says, with no hint of anything but sincerity, "Enchanting. I'm kind of like a human, but not. More like if a human and a sunbeam had a baby and set it loose on the world."
Tania wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 am Tania will state, "I am Tania, Melee Specialist. I am a Nightbane. We could have used your abilities in the fight against the Vampire we recently finished, Guardian."
Sam gives Tania a respectful nod. "Good, good. They didn't tell me how many of you would be Nightbane, and it's gratifying to see at least a couple. Tell me about this vampire. Does it still live?"

To Morri, he asks, "this is what broke your crucifix? A vampire?"
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania replies, "We did everything in our power to ensure it is not still alive. Staked it, cut off the head with an enchanted weapon, burned the remains and scattered the ashes. It was very tough."

She will let Morri address the question of her crucifix.

She adds, "My Morphus is nothing as wholesome as a werewolf, think a Were Hyena someone turned into a zombie and you will be close."
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Tania wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:01 pm Tania replies, "We did everything in our power to ensure it is not still alive. Staked it, cut off the head with an enchanted weapon, burned the remains and scattered the ashes. It was very tough."
”Well, that does sound thorough. I wonder why they didn’t send me to you sooner...” he trails off, not knowing how to finish.

Why didn’t they send me sooner? Is there something I’m missing, here?
Tania wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:01 pm
She adds, "My Morphus is nothing as wholesome as a werewolf, think a Were Hyena someone turned into a zombie and you will be close."
”I’ve never heard a werewolf described as wholesome before, but I take your meaning. You Nightbane really come in all shapes and sizes. I knew one guy in Omaha that was just straight up goo. He looked like Jello’s production of Nightmare on Elm street or something. Guy was scary dangerous, though, and pretty good at euchre.”
Morri

Post by Morri »

Sam wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:35 pmTo Morri, he asks, "this is what broke your crucifix? A vampire?"
"Well....the vamp is wot it impacted on and broke if that's wot ye mean?" Replied Morri. "Got a little mad and it being silver, well ye can guess the rest o' it."

Morri Human Rogue
Tania

Post by Tania »

Sam wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:09 pm ”Well, that does sound thorough. I wonder why they didn’t send me to you sooner...” he trails off, not knowing how to finish.

Why didn’t they send me sooner? Is there something I’m missing, here?
Tania replies, "There was a Guardian who worked with us before, he left when our Wampyr joined."
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Morri wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:55 am
Sam wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:35 pmTo Morri, he asks, "this is what broke your crucifix? A vampire?"
"Well....the vamp is wot it impacted on and broke if that's wot ye mean?" Replied Morri. "Got a little mad and it being silver, well ye can guess the rest o' it."
Understanding dawns on Sam. ”Ohhhhh. Okay, yeah. That makes a lot more sense. I thought you meant he’d snatched it off you which, you know, would be very unusual for a vampire.”
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Tania wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:14 am Tania replies, "There was a Guardian who worked with us before, he left when our Wampyr joined."
Sam raises an eyebrow. ”Okay, that’s just weird. Why would a Guardian have a problem with a Wampyre? We get along famously. I mean, one or ten incidents aside.”
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania shrugs, "I do not know, he said something about feeling he was needed elsewhere and walked out just minutes before the Wamyr walked in. He did not bother to explain."
OOC Comments
They have the same player, he just decided he wanted a different character and switched.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Tania wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:59 pm Tania shrugs, "I do not know, he said something about feeling he was needed elsewhere and walked out just minutes before the Wamyr walked in. He did not bother to explain."
"Now that I'm familiar with. Guardians, we kind of come and go. I might be here a week. I might be here a year. I might be here a decade, for all I know. But at some point, I'm going to be called to go somewhere else, unless the pattern of my life over the last several years changes. We never know how long we're going to be in a place, or what will make us need to go. Might've just been coincidence that your last Guardian left when your Wampyre arrived." He gives a nod to @Peter when he says this last part.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Peter nods. "Pure coincidence. My kind don't have problems with the light, or at least not much of one. A pleasure to meet you, I'm Peter.

Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Peter wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:52 am Peter nods. "Pure coincidence. My kind don't have problems with the light, or at least not much of one. A pleasure to meet you, I'm Peter.
Sam gives his same, affable smile to Peter. "Good to meet you, Peter. Yeah, I've know a Wampyre or two, and we've always gotten along fine. Say," he pulls out a deck of cards, "any of you play euchre? I haven't had a game in weeks."

With a wave, he also includes @Gravely, @Triessa, @Morri, @Tania, and anyone else who might be in the room, should they want to join a hand.
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania shrugs, "I am more into Go or Ma Jong, not card games. Thank you for the offer."

Strategy games are often part of martial training, more so than games of chance.
OOC Comments
I think anyway.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Morri

Post by Morri »

Sam wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:23 pmUnderstanding dawns on Sam. ”Ohhhhh. Okay, yeah. That makes a lot more sense. I thought you meant he’d snatched it off you which, you know, would be very unusual for a vampire.”
"Yeah, me parents are gonna kill me if they ever find out." Replied Morri. "Granted, they're barely aware o' all this so I guess I'm o' the hook fer a while."

"Gonna pass on the card game, not really me thing."

Morri Human Rogue
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Gravely wanders into the Place Between. It has been a series of long days for him.
First there was the burial of @Thrand then there was joining @Triessa at the family cemetary where he was reconnected with his college friends, Triessa's parents. Last was looking over the final resting places of @Clayton Hodge, @Jack Tillmun, and @Catie.

As he was heading into meet with the Cell at the Place Between, he remembered needing to keep tabs on @Signal so he steered his non-descript Bronco away from the abandoned parking lot he used to hide his vehicle when on foot in town. Driving through the eerily quiet streets, he is able to find Signal's home. With his cellphone out he is able to use its camera to check on the apartment where Signal is living. Looks like things are well here.

Giving a wave as he drives away, Gravely drives to the abandoned lot with cars entertwined with weeds and small bushes. Finding his usual spot, he backs in and camouflaged the vehicle.
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

A seemingly middle aged man walks into the Place Between. He has a handsome, stubbley face with the beginnings of a goatee. His hair is carefuly unkempt as if he rolled out of bed and pushed it back. He is attired simply with a long sleeve button up, a pair of blue jeans and simple work boots. If he told you he just got off work and stumbled in here by accident, it would be easily believable if not for the location and nature of the Place Between.

He quickly scans the room from the entryway, and his
He is clearly a nightbane.
on both @Tania and @Morri before continuing to survey the Place Between. As far as bases go, he's seen much better. It's also far from the worst, so he gives a satisfactory nod. He gives the occupants a winning smile, walks in and closes the door behind him.

"Well met fellows, and it is, of course, my pleasure to make your acquaintance ladies." He says with a bow toward the ladies. His words are clean, propper english as if it was learned and not his native language. A very slight accent colors his speech but is hardly noticeable and very difficult to place.

He continues his introduction after his bow, "I fancy myself as an itenerent well-doer. I try not to get into bed with any one group, but I've come to know all manner of interesting individuals despite this. The latest gossip suggests that your group could use some assistance, and I find myself searching for someone to help. How about it, then?"
Seraph, Angelic Nightbane (Koshnek#3472)
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 7(2)
Pace: 6(d6); Flight: 6(d6); Parry: 9; Toughness: 16(6)

• Command: +1 to allies’ Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5”).
  • Dark Sight: Ignore dim/dark lighting penalties, but not Supernatural or total darkness.
  • Fast Regeneration: The character no longer rolls regeneration twice per time interval. Instead the character may now make a natural healing roll at the start of every turn (immediately before rolling to unshake if needed). Whenever the creature gains a permanent injury, it may make a natural healing roll once recovered from the Incapacitation which caused the injury. On a success, the injury heals in 1d6 hours. Even on a failure the character may roll again after 1 day, until the permanent injury is healed.
    Note: For a Nightbane with this ability, both Facade and Morphus gain fast regeneration.
  • Frenzy: Roll a second Fighting die with one melee attack per turn.
  • The commander has a natural grasp of small unit tactics and can take advantage of rapidly changing situations.
    A Tactician is dealt an extra Action Card each round of combat or a chase—kept separate from his own cards. At the start of the round, he may discard it or give it to any one allied Extra in Command Range. The player or GM controlling the receiving character can decide whether to accept and replace her current Action Card, or discard it.
    : Draw two extra Action Card each turn that may be assigned to any allies in Command Range (5”).
  • Supernatural Becoming: The Nightbane has the ability to turn into their Morphus form by concentrating for one full round doing nothing else. The Nightbane can make a Spirit Roll at -2 to transform as a single action, on a raise this action does not inflict a multiple action penalty to other actions in the turn.
    • Dark Champion: Nightbane are natural enemies with the forces of darkness and gain the
      Champions fight the forces of darkness (or good), adding +2 damage when attacking supernaturally evil (or good if they’re evil) creatures. The bonus applies to area effect damage, ranged attacks, powers, etc.
      The GM must decide which foes this bonus applies to, but generally it’s any evil (or good!) creature born of magic or with any supernatural abilities.
      Edge whenever in their Morphus Form.
    • Seraph is Very Attractive and adds +2 to Performance and Persuasion rolls if the target is attracted to his general type (gender, sex, species, etc.). He is also Charismatic and gains a free reroll when using Persuasion.
      : Seraph’s angelic morphus is so flawlessly human that it’s nearly inhuman in its beauty. More than that, Seraph’s usual manner of a silver-tongued devil transforms into something more. When Seraph’s angelic morphus speaks, his words carry meaning. Anyone who hears them knows they are words of truth and can feel any emotion Seraph is conveying to be genuine and moving.
    • Limited Invulnerability: Nightbane are immune to mind control, possession, transformation, and similar powers or abilities not specifically designed to work against them. Such powers/abilities simply roll off of the targeted Nightbane. (However some spells such as, by way of example, a power trapped specifically to force Nightbane to switch between their Facade and Morphus forms, or Repel a Nightbane, do have full effect).
    • Martial Warrior: Unarmed Fighting +2, fists and feet count as Natural Weapons, add d6 damage die to unarmed Fighting attacks (or increase die two steps if you already have it).
    • Radiant Armaments: Seraph's Morphus form gains +3 Toughness and +6 Armor from its angelic plate armor. It's blade of light (Natural Weapons) deals Str+d6 damage, AP 2 with +1 to parry. (Martial Warrior bumps this to Str+d10.)

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PPE: 15/15
Light Bennies: 3/3; Dark Bennies: 0/1; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature
Tania

Post by Tania »

Before the new man even walks in, Tania can sense a Nightbane nearby, but can not really distinguish it from Morri until the newcomer walks in. She immediately senses this is a Nightbane, there is a sense of familiarity that distinguishes them. It is like meeting a long-lost friend, though one you can not recall having met before.

Tania is left wondering how people manage to find this place? Is there some property of the place itself which leads them here? Does it also serve to keep enemies out? She probably would not understand the answer.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Kriza

Post by Kriza »

Seraph wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 pm
"Well met fellows, and it is, of course, my pleasure to make your acquaintance ladies." He says with a bow toward the ladies. His words are clean, propper english as if it was learned and not his native language. A very slight accent colors his speech but is hardly noticeable and very difficult to place.

He continues his introduction after his bow, "I fancy myself as an itenerent well-doer. I try not to get into bed with any one group, but I've come to know all manner of interesting individuals despite this. The latest gossip suggests that your group could use some assistance, and I find myself searching for someone to help. How about it, then?"
Sam gives the newcomer a wide grin. "Well met, indeed! And well timed, friend. I myself am newly arrived." He stands and offers Seraph his hand. "Sam," he says by way of introducing himself. Then, holding his deck of cards up, he asks, "You play?"
Morri

Post by Morri »

Seraph wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 pm"Well met fellows, and it is, of course, my pleasure to make your acquaintance ladies." He says with a bow toward the ladies. His words are clean, propper english as if it was learned and not his native language. A very slight accent colors his speech but is hardly noticeable and very difficult to place.
"Dia dhuit." Morri, feeling in a mischievous mood, deliberately replies in Gaelic.

She watches to see the newcomer's reaction, though there is something about him that Morri had also sensed about Tania when they first encountered one another. She'd been told that Nightbane could sense one another, so this was it?

Though she wouldn't know for sure until the man revealed what he was.

Morri Human Rogue
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

@Morri's
Common Knowledge: 2d6!: [2, 6!, 4] = 12 (10)
As old as Seraph is, I assume he would know many common phrases, even though I didn't think about giving him Linguist. So I'm going to play it like he caught it. Also, this particular hello literally translates as "God to You." With his Morphus being angelic, it's an uncanny introduction.
seems to catch the man off guard and he appears uncertain for just a moment before he beams a smile at her, "You're seemingly far from home, my lady. I'm quite fond of..."

He seems about to say one thing, pauses, then continues, "...The United kingdom. I hope we get a chance to swap stories."

The nightbane takes @Sam's hand and shakes it with gusto, "It seems these fine folk are in good hands, then, with us, yes? Call me what you will. I've gone by many names, but those who know of my deeds tend to call me Seraph."

Seraph looks at the cards and grins, "You and I will get along famously. Truly, no matter how much things change, they stay the same. Did you know tarot cards weren't originally used for divination? If we had a deck, I could teach you some entertaining games. Well, if we aren't pressed for time I'm not adverse to a friendly game!"
Seraph, Angelic Nightbane (Koshnek#3472)
Pace: 6(d6); Parry: 6; Toughness: 7(2)
Pace: 6(d6); Flight: 6(d6); Parry: 9; Toughness: 16(6)

• Command: +1 to allies’ Shaken recovery rolls in Command Range (5”).
  • Dark Sight: Ignore dim/dark lighting penalties, but not Supernatural or total darkness.
  • Fast Regeneration: The character no longer rolls regeneration twice per time interval. Instead the character may now make a natural healing roll at the start of every turn (immediately before rolling to unshake if needed). Whenever the creature gains a permanent injury, it may make a natural healing roll once recovered from the Incapacitation which caused the injury. On a success, the injury heals in 1d6 hours. Even on a failure the character may roll again after 1 day, until the permanent injury is healed.
    Note: For a Nightbane with this ability, both Facade and Morphus gain fast regeneration.
  • Frenzy: Roll a second Fighting die with one melee attack per turn.
  • The commander has a natural grasp of small unit tactics and can take advantage of rapidly changing situations.
    A Tactician is dealt an extra Action Card each round of combat or a chase—kept separate from his own cards. At the start of the round, he may discard it or give it to any one allied Extra in Command Range. The player or GM controlling the receiving character can decide whether to accept and replace her current Action Card, or discard it.
    : Draw two extra Action Card each turn that may be assigned to any allies in Command Range (5”).
  • Supernatural Becoming: The Nightbane has the ability to turn into their Morphus form by concentrating for one full round doing nothing else. The Nightbane can make a Spirit Roll at -2 to transform as a single action, on a raise this action does not inflict a multiple action penalty to other actions in the turn.
    • Dark Champion: Nightbane are natural enemies with the forces of darkness and gain the
      Champions fight the forces of darkness (or good), adding +2 damage when attacking supernaturally evil (or good if they’re evil) creatures. The bonus applies to area effect damage, ranged attacks, powers, etc.
      The GM must decide which foes this bonus applies to, but generally it’s any evil (or good!) creature born of magic or with any supernatural abilities.
      Edge whenever in their Morphus Form.
    • Seraph is Very Attractive and adds +2 to Performance and Persuasion rolls if the target is attracted to his general type (gender, sex, species, etc.). He is also Charismatic and gains a free reroll when using Persuasion.
      : Seraph’s angelic morphus is so flawlessly human that it’s nearly inhuman in its beauty. More than that, Seraph’s usual manner of a silver-tongued devil transforms into something more. When Seraph’s angelic morphus speaks, his words carry meaning. Anyone who hears them knows they are words of truth and can feel any emotion Seraph is conveying to be genuine and moving.
    • Limited Invulnerability: Nightbane are immune to mind control, possession, transformation, and similar powers or abilities not specifically designed to work against them. Such powers/abilities simply roll off of the targeted Nightbane. (However some spells such as, by way of example, a power trapped specifically to force Nightbane to switch between their Facade and Morphus forms, or Repel a Nightbane, do have full effect).
    • Martial Warrior: Unarmed Fighting +2, fists and feet count as Natural Weapons, add d6 damage die to unarmed Fighting attacks (or increase die two steps if you already have it).
    • Radiant Armaments: Seraph's Morphus form gains +3 Toughness and +6 Armor from its angelic plate armor. It's blade of light (Natural Weapons) deals Str+d6 damage, AP 2 with +1 to parry. (Martial Warrior bumps this to Str+d10.)

Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; PPE: 15/15
Light Bennies: 3/3; Dark Bennies: 0/1; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Gravely grumbles a bit.

"Seems Michael's recruiting efforts are reaching further and further."

"You can call me Gravely. The Place Between could be described like a carnival's hall of mirrors. Except the mirrors are actually portals and doorways to other location."

Gravely looks around, concerned that @Triessa had not shown herself.
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Tania

Post by Tania »

Tania decides to give the new fellow a bow, and then comments, "I am called Tania, team martial artist and survival expert."

Perhaps this will make the stranger give us a name.
Current wounds = 0
current bennies = 4
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

Always fashionably late, Triessa does finally show up. This being her first time in the Place Between, she seems more than a little fascinated by it. In fact she's paying more attention to the old bricks of the walls than she is to where she's going, resulting in her knocking over a little umbrella case or similar item standing by the door as she came in.

Her eyes swept the room, briefly noticing and recognizing the others present, then went back to the wall. She reached out a hand to touch the stonework there, and the material seemed to shimmer under her fingertips. For a second or two the dark fired bricks lost their color, becoming iridescent pearly white, and even seemed to soften...stretch towards her just a tiny bit...

And then it was gone and bricks where just bricks, and had they ever not been? Whatever had happened had been so fast.

"That's really cool," she breathed...then finally refocused her attention on everyone.

"Hey."
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

OOC Comments
Note: All of @Triessa's powers that only work in the Astral Plane work in The Place Between. She is fully aware of what The Place Between is, how it was made, and how it links to so many other places through the exits/entrances.

Triessa wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:21 am Always fashionably late, Triessa does finally show up. This being her first time in the Place Between, she seems more than a little fascinated by it. In fact she's paying more attention to the old bricks of the walls than she is to where she's going, resulting in her knocking over a little umbrella case or similar item standing by the door as she came in.

Her eyes swept the room, briefly noticing and recognizing the others present, then went back to the wall. She reached out a hand to touch the stonework there, and the material seemed to shimmer under her fingertips. For a second or two the dark fired bricks lost their color, becoming iridescent pearly white, and even seemed to soften...stretch towards her just a tiny bit...

And then it was gone and bricks where just bricks, and had they ever not been? Whatever had happened had been so fast.

"That's really cool," she breathed...then finally refocused her attention on everyone.

"Hey."
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Triessa wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:21 am Always fashionably late, Triessa does finally show up. This being her first time in the Place Between, she seems more than a little fascinated by it. In fact she's paying more attention to the old bricks of the walls than she is to where she's going, resulting in her knocking over a little umbrella case or similar item standing by the door as she came in.

"Hey."
Gravely breathes a sigh of relief. "Glad you were able to find us here."

"Now all we need is @Peter."
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command
    Natural Leader
    Inspire
Weapons
Weapons On Hand _
  • M4
    Glock
    Brass Knuckles
    Switchblade
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

@Triessa's focus on the walls hides her face from his view but Gravely can tell from her posture that she is dealing with something very grevious.

Standing up quietly, so she won't get startled, he approaches her and softly says her name. "Triessa."

After three attempts using her name, he reaches a hand forward and touches her shoulder.

"In this business we deal with a lot of things the normal populace can not handle."

"Is there something from our vampire encounter that we need to look into?"
Mel Richter

Post by Mel Richter »

The young witch, or whatever she was, shook her head without looking up to meet Gravely's eyes. "I don't know. I don't think so? Just...let me just take you there. Okay? I can't really..." Her voice caught and she shook her head again.

"Just come on."

And she started walking back through the way she'd come in.
Gravely

Post by Gravely »

Gravely follows @Triessa without sound or word. The events are serious indeed.
Gravely
Quick Stat _
Combat Edges:
  • Danger Sense
    Alertness
    Calculating
    Marksman
Relevant Edges:
  • Command