The Shoe Smells

Post Reply
User avatar
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

The Shoe Smells

Post by Koshnek » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Alexis doesn't let off the gas once everyone piles into the Mountaineer. It's a harrowing trek, and her skills are pushed to the limit, but Alexis gets the team to the Devil's Arch in record time. As the she pulls up to the edge of the bluff, the Trouble Shooters can see the ley line running through a small encampment containing a large, secure tent and a mountaineer ( the mountineer is near the camp, in the camp is a sky cycle) approximately 120 feet (20") below. There is a steeply inclined path littered with loose rocks and jagged outcroppings from the plateau to the floor where the camp is located.
Map
Most of the combat will be theater of the mind, but hopefully this gives you some idea of where you and the badguys are located.
EEA69251-F73A-470F-8CAD-7B6296B6B1F5.jpeg
5ECCB6D5-84F9-4117-B0AF-B9EC2075345B.jpeg
20” to the far right edge, APC vehicle is off to the far left edge.
A rift is shimmering in the middle of the camp, and surrounding it are several individuals sporting the Black Market colors and markings of El Oculta. A malicious looking Head Hunter is lounging on top of a hover cycle nearby, eyeing the Trouble Shooters from afar. The HH has shades on, and a bone necklace. A keen ear might even pick up an thug or two call him Parsons. One slight unassuming man is barking out orders to pair of thugs who emerge out of the tent carrying a large, black device. Another two brutes in shinning metalic armor appear out of nowhere at the small man’s sides. These two borg esque men seem to radiate magic and supernatural evil if anyone were to check. They carefully watch the thugs move a circular device to the rift. The way the thugs move and stand at attention as this nepolionic figure commands them is enough for you to tell that they fear him.
Players
You guessed it. Parsons, Rita, Black Dow are all here.
Once it is set into position, another - much cleanlier - El Oculta begins to do something to the device. As he fiddles with it, tentacles swarm out of the device, knocking him backwards and vaporizing the body. A blazing light erupts out of it and upwards into the ley line above. Anyone sensitive to such things can feel intense arcane energies stirring.
Kn Engineering or Arcana, both at -4
Its called Hades Cradle... legends say it will open a gate to the underword, or perhaps bring the underworld to earth. A bio wizard device made by Lord Splyncrnn himself.
What you assume must be a Rift Runner is maintaining the Rift, and beside him is a Sunji assassin. The two seem to look at each other for a moment. The rift runner has blazing pink hair and a loud outfit to match. Moments after cresting the rise, a familiar, cool female voice pipes through your comms, overriding all encryption, "I'll tell Captain Claude you regret you could not save him because you couldn't even save yourselves... Enjoy your final moments, sadly you will not see the surprise."

Beeping noises go off all around the bluff and down the incline as the assassin steps through the rift. A keen eye would note that the devices are Black Market Betties, knock-offs of Triax's T50 fusion missile. They extend even through the nearby treeline, and there seems to be no quick option save to peril the incline. The cool female voice echoes on your radios, ” Death awaits you in this life and the next.” The rift closes, the bombs on the bluff explode, and the battle is joined. It seems like the black market outfit was long expecting you.
Photos and relevant stats
AA07E550-4D1D-4CC7-B1C4-4C673CE8005F.png
Sunja Assasin, went through a rift.
92CCF7D2-6773-4DDB-8107-1ED8CF403FD2.jpeg
Rhinstone Rita, rift runner. Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (3) -4 to hit due to greater deflection “dark shroud”
88361A02-BAD8-4E2C-985F-F17BE3A598E1.jpeg
Death Dealer Parsons, Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 17 (8)
A65A6261-72E0-4E12-8D4F-D6D3721459DD.jpeg
Black Dow, expiditer, Cha: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (5) -2 to hit frome range Improved dodge
5B14B293-85E6-4011-95BC-4E618E1D06BF.jpeg
Bio-Borg gun brothers, Dow’s body gaurds, 2 total, Cha: −2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 24 (12) MDC
3073017A-3768-4EE0-A679-B6E978DB7E29.jpeg
Black Market Thugs, 8 total, Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (5)

Player Instructions:
Step 1: Hard Road Traveled. Vigor roll vs a level of fatigue as the journey might possibly have been arduous. Describe part of the journey that indeed might have taken a lot out of you in occ comments and get a benny. Maybe you had to scout a nasty forest with poisonous spiders or a treacherous rock face. Just a few sentences is all that is needed.

Step 2: Black Market Surprise. Roll agility or driving/piloting if driving a vehicle. Bombs go off along the ridge the characters arrived at. Danger sense roll can be made to gain a +2 to the agility roll. SIXTH Sense can make their defensive action.
Damage on a failure:
  • Inside Vehicle: level of fatigue from bumps and bruises
  • Outside Vehicle and vehicle itself: 4D6 AP15 MD
Step 3: All characters can make the above two rolls and narrate the results and their reactions. Azumi, Remington, Antipas, and Mike can proceed to step 4. All players gain a benny.

Step 4: Time for Action. Azumi got a joker and Rem, Antipas, Mike all got cards high enough to beat the black market bad guys. It is your turn to act. Think about it like this. You four find yourselves in a position to act as the bombs go off. After everyone posts, bad guys will post, and then PCs can react as well as rest of PCs will have a opportunity to take action.

Other notes about the scene:
  • The inclined path makes for unsteady footing and counts as an unstable platform for this combat's purposes. However, the outcroppings provide ample cover granting each character a +2 cover bonus. This cover would not apply to any dragons stomping about, but redheaded teenagers would get the bonus.
  • Any player able to detect comm frequencies may make an Electronics roll at -4 to intercept an encrypted broadcast. This does take an action.
  • To learn more about the device, roll an appropriate Knowledge or Tech skill. K/Arcana would be applicable here as well.
  • Attempting to disable the device requires an appropriate Knowledge or Tech skill roll at -4. Three successes are required.
Initiative
Rolling 1d56 for initiative. A joker is drawn on 53-56.

Azumi: 1d56 = 55: 55 Joker! Everyone gets a Benny and Azumi makes all actions at +2 this round.
Remington: 1d56 = 37: 37 Queen of Clubs
Antipas (LH): 1d56 = 29: 29 4 of Clubs ? / 1d56 = 23: 23 Jack of Hearts
Mike: 1d56 = 49: 49 Jack of Diamonds

BM Expiditor: 1d56 = 55: 55 Joker! NPC makes all actions at +2 this round. (On Hold over Everyone except Azumi, who he could attempt to interrupt).
BM Merc Guards: 1d56 = 26: 26 Ace of Hearts (On Hold over everyone except Azumi)
Rift Runner (Dow Black): 1d56 = 36: 36 Jack of Clubs

Alexis (Q): 1d56 = 46: 46 8 of Diamonds
Alenys: 1d56 = 17: 17 5 of Hearts
Tsume: 1d56 = 29: 29 4 of Clubs ?
Luke: 1d56 = 41: 41 3 of Diamonds

HH: 1d56 = 31: 31 6 of Clubs (On hold over Alenys, Tsume and Luke)
BM Enforcer: 1d56 = 3: 3 4 of Spades (On Hold over Tsume and Luke)
Trouble Shooters GM Bennies: 5/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Set up rolls
Notice 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4

Vigor 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Agility 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2

Knowledge Arc to ID the device 1d4 = 1: 1 -4
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4 -4


As they start to climb the ridge Antipas disembarks to approach from a flank. Still a bit sore from fighting the spiders who assailed Luke and the bouncing, uncomfortable ride in the mountaineers cargo bay he does so as much to stretch before any problems can arise as any tactical concerns. While the battle was brief, things got a bit rough for a minuet before the bulk of the team caught up. So while not really wounded the undead slayer was still feeling the effects of being telekinetically thrown into a tree. All worth it though since he got to see more of his teammates in action and they identified a threat very near to the castle.

Reaching the crest at the same time as Kaylee, he only has a moment to survey the scene before things go sideways. Again. Noticing a small gully he breaks for it while the Sunaj waxes villainous, sliding into cover as the missiles detonate. Rolling gracefully to his feet he begins to descend the slope, his casual pace looks unnatural when enhanced by super science. A small tight smile is on his face born of the satisfaction of being in ones element. Reaching up behind his back and inside his shirt to activate his tattoo of a carytid, comming back out with Nemisi in hand. His tattooed rune tracery glows an blue white and his skin takes on the look of marble.
Greater Armor, basic success
Tattoo Magic 1d8 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Calling out in a cold calm voice to the mercs, "Only the bio-borgs Have to die, lay down your arms or share their fate."

Over the teams comms, "We'll want to not kill the rifter unless one of you know how to open them."

((Combat action was to move 10 down the slope placing himself so that the borgs can reach him if they run. Draw a weapon(free), and cast Armor))
Last edited by Antipas on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:39 am, edited 8 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Alenysturathe » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:09 am

K. Arcana 1
-4 difficulty
K. Arcana 1d4-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6+4 = 5: 1
K. Engineering -1
-4 difficulty
K. Engineering 1d4-2 = 2: 4
Ace 1d4-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Vigor 1; Crit fail
Vigor 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Agility 8
-2 Exhausted
Agility 1d8-2 = 3: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Benny for Extra Effort Elan 1d6+5 = 8: 3
Devil’s Gate
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenys curled up in the back of the Mountaineer, groaning, clutching her stomach. Occasionally she belched out a spurt of fire, scorching the inside of the truck, the upholstery, or almost a teammate, not something she should be able to do in human form!

“Remy! Your devil cakes are evil!” the dragon girl groaned.

Then she threw up all over the upholstery. Dragon vomit. Not fun.

“Hey, you got any of that orange powder stuff?”
Fond Memories
Ah, the fond school bus memories of vomit and orange barf powder. I can just feel myself gagging now.
When they pulled up to the top of the bluff, Alenys pushed back her sweaty red hair and looked down at the Black Market people below. “What are they doing?” she asked. “Oh! That’s Rhinestone Rita!” she exclaimed. She gave a low growl, but then tried to fix her hair. “Do I look okay? She’s so cool. Look at her hair! Did I get all the barf off my shirt? Do I have time to change?”

The Black Market people did something with some device in the ley line, and tentacles came out. The roiling of the magic in the air made Alenys almost upchuck again. “Tentacles are bad, right?” Alenys asked.

"I'll tell Captain Claude you regret you could not save him because you couldn't even save yourselves. Enjoy your final moments. Sadly you will not see the surprise," a woman’s voice said over the comms. “Death awaits you in this life and the next.”

And then the world exploded.

Alenys was bounced around, but managed to push her feet and hands against the sides of the Mountaineer to keep from getting hurt as the ground gave out beneath them.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
-1 Fatigue
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 5/10; PPE: 10/10
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 3/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.

User avatar
Azumi Archambault
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Azumi Archambault » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:26 am

Hard Road Traveled
Vigor: Trait= 1d6 = 5: 5; Wild= 1d6 = 1: 1=Success!
Black Market Surprise
Agility: Trait= 1d8 = 3: 3; Wild= 1d6 = 2: 2+EE 1d6 = 5: 5=Raise!
Azumi's attempts at trailblazing through psionic spider infested forests, dodging invisible spiderwebs, sudden stops and lurches in the truck cabin (especially the stops, the brakes are stiff in this piece!), and studying personnel dossiers by dim reading light would have fatigued a lesser person. But the life of adventure, travel, and discomfort is the calling of a Cyber-Knight. Her face is that of a seasoned sojourner, her attitude remains upbeat with her elegance and charm intact, despite the bumpy journey.

Azumi approaches the ridge from the flank on foot, accompanying Antipas and takes stock of the camp below. As the explosions occur, she takes a quick moment to look back at the truck carrying her companions. Seeing the vehicle rocked but not rolled, and mostly intact, she radios to her team:

"Is everyone okay?"
Antipas wrote:Calling out in a cold calm voice to the mercs, "Only the bio-borgs Have to die, lay down your arms or share their fate."
She smiles to herself.

Well... let's see how cooperative 'ol Norm decides to be before we make decisions on who has to die today.

Dammit. Bad thought Azumi.


She decides to observe the emerging melee before jumping in just yet... [goes on hold]
Agility Roll = Success!
Trait: 1d8 = 6: 6; Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2
Active Powers:
Lady Azumi Archambault
Human Cyber-Knight
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Statistics: Charisma 8, Pace 8, Parry 8, Toughness 14 (6), Strain 0
Skills: Fighting d10, Healing d6+2, Notice d6, Persuade d10+8, Psionics d6, Shooting d4, Stealth d10, Streetwise d8+8
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Wanted (Rogue Agent of the Coalition States)
Edges: Assassin, Champion, Charismatic, Connections (Black Market), Healer, Improved Frenzy, Minor Psionic, Scrounger, Strong Willed, Tricky Fighter and Very Attractive
Special Abilities: Cyber-Armor (+2 Toughness as Free Action), Cyberkinetic Combat (−2 to be hit by tech attacks), Psi-Sword (2d8+1d4, AP 6 or AP 2 w/ 2 blades), Right Behind Me (Choose any spot on map to start / Stealth roll = The Drop) [1st Rd only], +2 Common Knowledge with creating forgeries
Powers: Knight’s Inspiration [Boost Trait] (2 ISP), Preternatural Reflexes [Deflection] (2 ISP), Adrenaline Surge [Quickness] (4 ISP), Warrior’s Repose -from armor [Healing] (3 ISP)
Equipment: CK Medium Armor (+6 Arm, +1 TN, FEV, Healing), Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol (18/36/72, 2d6, AP2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), NG-L5 Laser Rifle (25/50/100, 3d6+2, AP 2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), TK Shield (+4 Armor vs Ranged Attacks, +2 Parry, 1 PPE per hour to activate), NG-S2 Survival Kit, Silver Cross, Green Stone of the Capitan, 600 crs.
XP: 0/5
EP: 2
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 7/10
Bennies: 7/3
Adventure Cards
  • #35: Seize the Day - Azumi acts as if she had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • #37: Villanious Verbosity - An opposing Wild Card loses his next action by gloating about his master plan.
Azumi's Character Sheet
Edit Signature

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Tsume » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Setup
Road Hard Traveled
Vigor 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4

Note: playing the allergy to leylines but is technically not close enough yet to incur the penalties.

Back Market Surprise
Agility 1d12 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5

Knowledge Arcana
These rolls are -4
Knowledge Arcana 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Tsume has spent a lot of the trip sleeping. Guess it is a cat thing. She was not fatigued during the trip. At this time however, she is awake as Alenys belches a spurt of fire in her general direction. Fortunately for her, she's immune to fire though. Looking a bit surprised at Alenys, she asks"Is nyat normal? Are nyou okay, Alyenyaz?" Then Alenys threw up all over the car. "Nyaaa, I guess nyot!"

Tsume helps Alenys work on cleaning up the mess she made when they pull up to the top of the bluff.
When they pulled up to the top of the bluff, Alenys pushed back her sweaty red hair and looked down at the Black Market people below. “What are they doing?” she asked. “Oh! That’s Rhinestone Rita!” she exclaimed. She gave a low growl, but then tried to fix her hair. “Do I look okay? She’s so cool. Look at her hair! Did I get all the barf off my shirt? Do I have time to change?”
"I donyit knyow what nyey are doing. Nyaa, Who is Rhinestone Rita?" Tsume responds back to Alenys.

She starts to sniff a bit at the air and then something just hits her, "Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa." She starts acting a bit strange she starts to rub against anything or anyone she can.
"I'll tell Captain Claude you regret you could not save him because you couldn't even save yourselves. Enjoy your final moments. Sadly you will not see the surprise," a woman’s voice said over the comms. “Death awaits you in this life and the next.”
Then the bombs go off.

While Tsume looks like she is starting getting intoxicated by something, she manages to keep herself from being bounced around in the vehicle due to her cat-like reflexes.
Last edited by Tsume on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 13 ; Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Smith » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:47 pm

OOC Comments
WIP

Vigor 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild Die 1d6 = 2: 2

Agility 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild Die 1d6 = 2: 2

K/Electronics 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 1: 3


On the journey the Mountaineer comes about a few downed logs that make it difficult to pass. Smith volunteers to help move them, but alas the task is more difficult than he thought it would be, tiring him out. (1 level of fatigue)
As soon as he realizes the black market are before them, he pulls a matte black case from his pocket, pulls out a single hair, and briefly puts it in his mouth. As soon as he does so, his features begin to shift around. His skin darkens a bit and his body contracts until he now looks like a slender latino man, with a broad smile and dark watchfull eyes. He puts the hair back in the case and slips it into his pocket. When the bombs go off, he realizes too late that he forgot to buckle up and is violently tossed about the cabin of the mountaineer (2nd level of fatigue).
Nonetheless he is quick witted enough to slip out of the vehicle and does his best to blend into the surroundings. He looks at the device and has no clue as to what it's purpose is.


Stealth 1d4-2 = 2: 4
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 1: 3

User avatar
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Koshnek » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Surprise round continued... As some of the Trouble Shooters begin disembarking and approaching the Black Market encampment, the thugs and gun brothers train their weapons on Azumi and especially Antipas. They hold their fire as if waiting for something, or perhaps they're just waiting for the order.

The cylindrical device with tentacles like out of a bad hentai flick, or Atlantis, wiggle and writhe as it draws power from the ley line. The ley line itself grows fainter and fainter. Rhinestone Ritta flicks her hair and spits out a wad of bubble gum clearly annoyed as the device vaporizes another black market thug at the touch of a tentacle. She points at the command tent and yells at Parsons, ”Parsons grab that mutt! This bio wiz doozy is making like a bad case of packman!”

Parson nods tuning his bikes frequency picking up a stray radio transmission, ”You got it Ritta! Skull fuckers are making us anyways. Lets let those legionnaires deal with them. Dow get your men to cover—!”

A large surge of energy wafts off the device destabilizing the local gravitational field! Parsons and the gun brothers start floating off the ground as do crates of supplies and any thing not nailed down including the groups vehicle!! On the other side of the valley a soft rumbling and crashing of trees can be made out.
Strength
Parsons (HH)
Strength: 1d12+2 = 3: 1
Wild: 1d6+2 = 3: 1

Rhinestone Rita (RR)
Strength: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2

Black Dow (Exp.)
Strength: 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5

BM Enforcer
Strength: 1d8 = 8: 8 Ace: 1d8+8 = 9: 1
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5

Gun brothers (2)
Strength: 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2

Thugs (6)
Strength: 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
Parsons panics and flails around as he starts floating into the sky. His rail gun slips out of his grip as he does and careens off towards the tent.

The gun brothers are not pleased with the gravitational flux. They open fire on Antipas, assuming their current predicament is an attack. When the gun brothers let laser fire fly, a couple thugs get antsy and let loose on Azumi too.
Shooting
GB1 Shooting: 1d8-3 = 5: 8 Ace: 1d8+5 = 12: 7 (-2 for Cover, -2 for Unstable Platform, +1 Double Tap)
Damage (Raise): 4d6+3 = 16: 3, 4, 5, 1, AP 2 (No effect vs M.D.C. Armor)

GB2 Shooting: 1d8-3 = -1: 2 (Crit Fail)
Damage: 3d6+3 = 15: 4, 6, 2 Ace: 1d6+15 = 21: 6, AP 2

Agility roll for all GBs if anyone decides to attempt to interrupt:
Agility: 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 10: 4

Thug 1 Shooting: 1d8-1 = 2: 3-2=1 (-2 for Cover, -2 Cyber-Knight, +1 Double Tap)
Thug 2 Shooting: 1d8-1 = 2: 3-2=1
Agility roll for all Thugs (including the four who haven't gone off hold yet) if anyone decides to attempt to interrupt:
Agility: 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1
One of the gun brothers manages to shoot Antipass square in the chest, but as soon as the beam touches the Undead Slayer's body, his skin shimmers. There's not so much as a singe left behind by the laser blast. The other gun brother attempts to steady himself mid-air while aiming at antipass. Unfortunately, this has the opposite effect, and he begins spinning wildly out of control. The bio-borg's attempt at double tapping Antipas goes wild, and he accidentally brains a thug!

Three laser blasts fly wide of Azumi, but she doesn't even move as the fourth comes half an inch from searing her shoulder. It seems her mentor trained her well, as the lasers seem completely incapable of connecting with her. The thugs seem to realize they might be dealing with a cyberknight and start reaching for grenades.

"No!" Black Dow yells at the remaining thugs, "Fools, wait until they are closer! Remember the plan.”

Rita sighs and shouts over Black Dow, "Damnit Parsons, get your act together!"

Parsons responds clearly pissed while floating but the legendary enforcer plans for these kinds of contingencies, "Right, sorry Rita. I'll brain any of these skull-fuckers if they try anything funny. Let me get my rail gun..." Parson’s hits a button on his armor activating a localized magnetic field causing his railgun a good three feet away to start to fly up into his hands.

Spellcasting
Rhinestone Glitter (Greater Obscure)
Spellcasting: 1d10 = 4: 4
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5

Agility if anyone tries to intterupt:
Agility: 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4
EE: 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Rita begins muttering under her breath and suddenly throws several stones into the air which burst into countless tiny fragments. The fragments create a blindingly shimmering cloud around the entire encampment. It is incredibly difficult to see what's happening within the camp (20").

Black Dow, having calmed the thugs, addresses the Trouble Shooters, "This has all been a big misunderstanding! Please, listen, we don't want more trouble. Our side has suffered worse from all of this, anyhow. We were just paid to get the lady to her destination and activate this infernal contraption. We completed our contract and got our money, some of which we have to send back to these men's families. If you just let us leave we won't cause any more trouble. To prove our good will, once we're gone we'll even radio you back and tell you all we know about this contraption."
Persuasion
Persuasion: 1d8+2 = 10: 8 Ace: 1d8+10 = 14: 4 (+2 Charisma)
Wild: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace: 1d6+8 = 10: 2
Agility if anyone attempts to interrupt Black Dow:
Agility: 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4
While you consider the actions of the Black Market agents - and the words of Black Dow - the tentacled device is still manipulating the ley line...

GM Instructions, Read Me
Step 1: All players can post and react. Every player needs to make a str roll to anchor yourself against the Gravitational flux below. In the groups vehicle? Agility to get out before it is fully flung to parts unknown by the flux!
(Smith you are exhausted so -2).
  • Cover is super helpful: Did you get to cover with your action? Add +2 to your Strength roll.
Step 2:
Anyone who has yet to act (Tsume, Luke, and Al) or is still on hold (Azumi with a joker bonus) may act now! If you have not yet completed the previous scene's instructions, do so now. Read the below instructions before you post as well, please.

Gravitational Flux:
The local gravitational field has been weakened by the device! Roll strength to anchor yourself somehow. Otherwise your character floats into the air. (This removes any cover bonus you may have and inflicts the Unstable Platform penalty to you). If you're in cover, like noted above, add +2 to your Strength roll.

Psychedelic:
Rhinestone Rita's Rhinestone Glitter causes a -6 obscurement penalty to any vision based rolls directed towards the camp, including shooting and spellcasting. Gear reducing Illumination penalties have no affect on this power. Anyone wearing an armor with a helmet (Most in TLPG if not all) is partially protected from the effect, however. The glare reducing abilities of your lenses/visor reduce the penalty from -6 to -4.

Trusting Black Dow:
The Black Market agents have already lost three of their men, and Black Dow is telling you that they will simply leave if allowed. Will you allow him to leave? Can he be trusted? If he does leave, will he even tell you anything about the device? What's his angle?
Much of communication is non-verbal, and you're having to go off of his words and tone alone. Roll Notice at half your Obscurement penalty to determine whether or not you can trust Black Dow. (Ex: Notice -2 if you have a helmet or Notice -3 without one). You must beat a 14 to gain any insight.

Other notes about the scene (Previous Scene instructions):
  • The inclined path makes for unsteady footing and counts as an unstable platform for this combat's purposes. However, the outcroppings provide ample cover granting each character a +2 cover bonus. This cover would not apply to any dragons stomping about, but redheaded teenagers would get the bonus.
  • Any player able to detect comm frequencies may make an Electronics roll at -4 to intercept an encrypted broadcast. This does take an action.
  • To learn more about the device, roll an appropriate Knowledge or Tech skill. K/Arcana would be applicable here as well.
  • Attempting to disable the device requires an appropriate Knowledge or Tech skill roll at -4. Three successes are required.
Attachments
75D769A7-916C-4459-9FAC-CAA200183B0C.jpeg
B69B9B8B-BC1A-43F1-AAC2-A7B0C382EC44.jpeg
Trouble Shooters GM Bennies: 5/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Set up
Spend 1 PPE for optics
Notice rolls; sight into the disco party 4 , outside the party 10 , to judge Dows intent 7
Notice 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace 1d6+8 = 10: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4

Strength vs weightlessness
Strength 1d8+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace 1d6+8 = 12: 4
Gravity goes wonky but reflexes born of years in space kick in and he reaches out with a foot to catch hold of a nook to prevent himself from drifting. Once stabilized he focuses a second on his new TW glasses, recently improved by Remmington, charging them up to try and compensate for the rifters glitter spell. They don't seem to help much with the obscurement in the valley but he does see the mountaineer adrift out of the corner of his eye. His duty to fight and stop things like the machinations of the splugorth wars with his loyalty to his friend and squad mates. The eternal struggle against evil wins out, as it always does, and suppressing the urge to turn to their aid the undead slayer focuses on the mercenaries. I'm sure Luke can handle that.

The gun brothers shot to his chest does no damage but does send Antipas tumbling through the air. But he works it to his advantage. With a smooth twisting summersault he gets his legs towards the rock he is drifting at "landing" on it and stopping his movement for a second.
Koshnek wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 pm
Black Dow, having calmed the thugs, addresses the Trouble Shooters, "This has all been a big misunderstanding! Please, listen, we don't want more trouble. Our side has suffered worse from all of this, anyhow. We were just paid to get the lady to her destination and activate this infernal contraption. We completed our contract and got our money, some of which we have to send back to these men's families. If you just let us leave we won't cause any more trouble. To prove our good will, once we're gone we'll even radio you back and tell you all we know about this contraption."
"You know what would be more fun? I come down there, like you think you want, kill all your men and whatever surprise you think you have, and you tell us everything so we don't feed you to the doomsday device your stupid asses just set off." Launching from his pertch Antipas resumes closeing the distance. Bouncing and bounding between the rocks, pushing off with his legs and free hand, the zero G conditions almost seem to make him more mobile.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Alenysturathe » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:21 am

Agility 7
Fatigue -1
Agility 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Strength 8
Fatigue -1
Strength 1d12+4 = 9: 5
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Notice 4
-3 obscurement, Fatigue -1
Notice 1d6-3 = 3: 6
Ace 1d6+3 = 5: 2
Wild 1d6-3 = 0: 3
Invisibility 5
-1 Fatigue
Psionics 1d6-1 = 1: 2
Wild 1d6-1 = 0: 1
Benny with Elan to reroll
Psionics 1d6+1 = 5: 4
Wild 1d6+1 = 2: 1
Devil’s Gate
Afternoon
Round 0

“Rhinestone Rita is a Black Market rift runner,” Alenys explained to Tsume. “She’s also the regional Mad Max Thundercart Arcade Champ. But she totally cheated! I should have gotten that trophy! But...she is cooler than me,” Alenys said. “I mean, look at that hair and those clothes? I’m just a sick, sweaty, barfy mess,” the redhead said glumly.

And then Tsume started to rub up against Alenys. The girl-dragon blinked. “Um...Tsume...I don’t really think this is the time for that,” she whispered, her barf breath not all that enticing. “If you want to fool around later, we can, but…”

And then the bank exploded, sending them all jostling, and Alenys ended up atop Tsume, staring down into the cat-girl’s eyes.

Alenys felt the Mountaineer lifting. “We better get out!” she said, slamming open the door and leaping clear of the vehicle before it flew up into the air. She easily dug her fingers into the ground to avoid the gravitational effects of the area.

Alenys glared at Rhinestone Rita. “Rita! You owe me a trophy!” Her yell turned into a roar as the diminutive teenage girl transformed into a twenty-foot red dragon!
Dragon fear!
Roll me some Fear checks!
The dragon leapt up. It took a few moments to get the hang of flying in the weird gravity, but Alenysturathe managed to fly down the hill as Rita sent up her psychedelic cloud of glitter, blinding everyone, and Black Dow tried to beg off.

“Gah!” Alenysturathe cried out, shielding her eyes with her claw. “Rita! Where are you?” she roared. “Two can play that game!” And with that, the dragon shimmered out of sight, invisibile.
Actions
Alenysturathe flies 12” down the slope (so 8” from camp) and turns invisible.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
-1 Fatigue
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 5/10; PPE: 10/10
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 3/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.

User avatar
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Koshnek » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Antipas wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:37 pm
Koshnek wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 pm
Black Dow, having calmed the thugs, addresses the Trouble Shooters, "This has all been a big misunderstanding! Please, listen, we don't want more trouble. Our side has suffered worse from all of this, anyhow. We were just paid to get the lady to her destination and activate this infernal contraption. We completed our contract and got our money, some of which we have to send back to these men's families. If you just let us leave we won't cause any more trouble. To prove our good will, once we're gone we'll even radio you back and tell you all we know about this contraption."
"You know what would be more fun? I come down there, like you think you want, kill all your men and whatever surprise you think you have, and you tell us everything so we don't feed you to the doomsday device your stupid asses just set off." Launching from his pertch Antipas resumes closeing the distance. Bouncing and bounding between the rocks, pushing off with his legs and free hand, the zero G conditions almost seem to make him more mobile.
Black Dow sighs for dramatic effect and says, "I assure you, we most definitely do not want you-"
Alenysturathe wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:21 am
Alenys glared at Rhinestone Rita. “Rita! You owe me a trophy!” Her yell turned into a roar as the diminutive teenage girl transformed into a twenty-foot red dragon!

The dragon leapt up. It took a few moments to get the hang of flying in the weird gravity, but Alenysturathe managed to fly down the hill as Rita sent up her psychedelic cloud of glitter, blinding everyone, and Black Dow tried to beg off.
He's suddenly interrupted by the fearsome presence of Alenysturathe and her deafening roar! The black marketeers cower in surprise as the glitter cloud prevents them from getting a visual of whatever creature is assaulting them. They look around frantically as the bestial roar echoes throughout the valley.
OOC Comments
BM Enforcer
Spirit: 1d8 = 2: 2
Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2
Fear Table: 1d20 = 5: 5
Adrenaline Surge: The hero’s “fight” response takes over. He adds +2 to all Trait and damage rolls on his next action.

Black Dow
Spirit: 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1
Fear Table: 1d20 = 2: 2
Adrenaline Surge: The hero’s “fight” response takes over. He adds +2 to all Trait and damage rolls on his next action.

Parsons:
Spirit: 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2
Notice: 1d6-2 = 1: 3 (-6 Rhinestone Glitter, Reduced by 2 Glare Filter (Optics Package), +2 Optics Package
Wild: 1d6-2 = -1: 1

Rhinestone Rita
Spirit: 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1

Thugs
Spirit: 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild: 1d6 = 3: 3

Gunbrothers
Spirit: 1d6 = 2: 2
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Black Dow would appear visibly shaken by Alenys to anyone able to make him out. He rips his laser pistol and vibro-sword out and begins slowly circling and searching for the beast. Parsons is too busy spinning and thrashing about in the air to pay attention to his surroundings, but the dragon's roar sets him on edge.

Parsons shouts, "Aww hell, I knew we shoulda told that splurg-lover to fuck off. Now we got ugly ass beasties and no-good do-goodin' sons a bitches chasing after us! Rita! Help me out over here!"

Cutting through the glitter Rita’s sarcasm hits like hard rain,"Ya know, I’ve heard and felt bigger. Last summer I met this guy Jude at the Honey Pot arcade championship. Now that was big and put a bit o’ fear into me." The sound of gum popping can be heard even though the glitter that blocks her sly wink(-6 to notice her wink).

The thugs and the gunbrothers have remained calm in the face of absolute terror. They put their heads on swivel, doing their best to locate Alenys through Rita's glitter.

Player Instructions
Draconic Terror!
Smith, as this is your first time's witnessing Alenysturathe in her dragon form, you have choices to make. You may choose to either roll for fear, and then the fear table on a failure, or drop a Benny and do not roll at all. If you choose to drop the Benny, please narrate how and why you have already seen Alenys' dragon form, and how that affected your character at the time. There is a third option below, too.

Too Soon?
Any player who wishes to do so may roll once on the fear table and gain a Benny. If this is not your first time seeing Alenys as a dragon, narrate why you're still terrified of her and not quite ready for her to bust her true form out on the regular.
Trouble Shooters GM Bennies: 5/6

User avatar
Azumi Archambault
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Azumi Archambault » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Setting them up!
Strength Roll (resist 0-G): 1d4 = 2: 2; Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6; Wild Ace!+ 1d6 = 5: 5+2=Success w/ 2 Raises!

Free Actions
Summon Psi-Sword
Activate Cyber-Armor
Stealth Roll (Right Behind You): 1d10 = 9: 9; Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2+2= Success w/ Raise! (Gains The Drop on Parsons)
Psionics Roll (Preternatural Reflexes): 1d6 = 3: 3; Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5+2=Success! (All Attackers -2 to hit Azumi)
Psionics Roll (Knight's Inspiration - Strength): 1d6 = 4: 4; Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4+2
Knocking them down!
Combat Actions
Imp Frenzy Attack 1 (Targeting Parsons' R Arm): 1d10 = 5: 5; Wild 1d6 = 5: 5+2(JW)+4(Drop)-2(Called Shot)-4(Glitter Effect)+2(Unarmed Defender) Vs. Par 7=Success!
Imp Frenzy Attack 1 (Targeting Parsons' R Leg): 1d10 = 7: 7; +2(JW)+4(Drop)-2(Called Shot)-4(Glitter Effect)+2(Unarmed Defender) Vs. Par 7=Success!


Damage
Attack 1: 1d6 = 3: 3+ 2d8 = 15: 7, 8+2(JW)+2(Assassin)+4(Drop) AP 6 vs. TN 17(8) = 26, AP 6: Shaken +3 Wounds
Attack 2: 2d8 = 13: 6, 7+ 1d6 = 6: 6+2(JW)+2(Assassin)+4(Drop)+d6 Ace! 1d6 = 5: 5 AP 6 vs. TN 17(8) = 32, AP 6: 5 Wounds


1d6 = 6: 6
1d6 = 4: 4
1d6 = 2: 2
1d6 = 4: 4
Azumi maintains her grounding amidst the gravitational flux by propelling herself continually downward, hooking her feet on the rocky terrain, and is able to avoid going airborne.

Utilizing the ensuing chaos of the glitter and Alenys' battle roar to her advantage, Azumi, with alarming aptitude, moves through cover and natural depressions of the land to a crouched position behind Parsons' hovercycle. Her furtive movements are beneath the notice of her opponents.

She pauses in her hidden state, and activates her psychic abilities for the task ahead.
Parsons wrote:"Aww hell, I knew we shoulda told that splurg-lover to fuck off. Now we got ugly ass beasties and no-good do-goodin' sons a bitches chasing after us! Rita! Help me out over here!"
"I've got your help right here, Norm."

Her whisper injected with venom, Azumi catches Norm Parsons by surprise. She removes the merc's arm and leg with short, fluid, surgical strokes of her blade, stifling his scream with a gauntleted hand. The man collapses from the shock of multiple amputations. Azumi follows him to the ground, and begins dragging the now-unconscious Parsons toward his hovercycle.
Last edited by Azumi Archambault on Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Active Powers:
Lady Azumi Archambault
Human Cyber-Knight
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Statistics: Charisma 8, Pace 8, Parry 8, Toughness 14 (6), Strain 0
Skills: Fighting d10, Healing d6+2, Notice d6, Persuade d10+8, Psionics d6, Shooting d4, Stealth d10, Streetwise d8+8
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Wanted (Rogue Agent of the Coalition States)
Edges: Assassin, Champion, Charismatic, Connections (Black Market), Healer, Improved Frenzy, Minor Psionic, Scrounger, Strong Willed, Tricky Fighter and Very Attractive
Special Abilities: Cyber-Armor (+2 Toughness as Free Action), Cyberkinetic Combat (−2 to be hit by tech attacks), Psi-Sword (2d8+1d4, AP 6 or AP 2 w/ 2 blades), Right Behind Me (Choose any spot on map to start / Stealth roll = The Drop) [1st Rd only], +2 Common Knowledge with creating forgeries
Powers: Knight’s Inspiration [Boost Trait] (2 ISP), Preternatural Reflexes [Deflection] (2 ISP), Adrenaline Surge [Quickness] (4 ISP), Warrior’s Repose -from armor [Healing] (3 ISP)
Equipment: CK Medium Armor (+6 Arm, +1 TN, FEV, Healing), Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol (18/36/72, 2d6, AP2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), NG-L5 Laser Rifle (25/50/100, 3d6+2, AP 2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), TK Shield (+4 Armor vs Ranged Attacks, +2 Parry, 1 PPE per hour to activate), NG-S2 Survival Kit, Silver Cross, Green Stone of the Capitan, 600 crs.
XP: 0/5
EP: 2
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 7/10
Bennies: 7/3
Adventure Cards
  • #35: Seize the Day - Azumi acts as if she had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • #37: Villanious Verbosity - An opposing Wild Card loses his next action by gloating about his master plan.
Azumi's Character Sheet
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Alenysturathe » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:39 am

Devil’s Gate
Afternoon
Round 0

“Grrr… You wish, Rita!” Alenysturathe growled. “Jude wouldn’t--” She paused. “Okay, he would, but--” She cut off again. “You know what? Fuck you, Rita!”
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
-1 Fatigue
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 5/10; PPE: 10/10
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 3/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Smith » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Fear
1d20 = 18: 18

Smith hops out of the Mountaineer just in time to avoid the blasts. He's about to put the hurt on the enemy when he sees it. An enormous dragon blotting out the sun. He stares at it with his mouth agape, shivering with fright. Somehow he composes himself enough to snap out of it. Smith crouches down, getting behind some cover, using his natural talents (and the technological enhancements to his armor) to blend into the background
Stealth 7
Stealth 1d8 = 7: 7
Wild Die 1d6 = 1: 1
Last edited by Smith on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Tsume » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:17 am

setup
Agility 1d12 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4

Strength 1d6 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Cursed with Awesome: Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Benny for Extra Effort: 1d6 = 4: 4
Tsume follows after Alenys, leaping from the vehicle. She kicks at the vehicle once past the door to push herself towards the ground, where she grabs onto a rock.

Tsume watches Alenys transform into a dragon and looks like she is starting to panic but she remembers that Alenys is a dragon.
Backpack Time: 3 rounds
1d6 = 3: 3
Tsume takes off her backpack and quickly digs through it for the climbing gear. Pulling it all out as best she can manage. She ties the end of the cord into a loop and attempts to lasso the mountaineer.
throwing
Awesome Moment Declared!
throwing 1d6 = 4: 4
wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny for Extra Effort: 1d6 = 5: 5
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 13 ; Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:36 pm

Koshnek wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm
Once it is set into position, another - much cleanlier - El Oculta begins to do something to the device. As he fiddles with it, tentacles swarm out of the device, knocking him backwards and vaporizing the body. A blazing light erupts out of it and upwards into the ley line above. Anyone sensitive to such things can feel intense arcane energies stirring.
Kn Engineering or Arcana, both at -4
Its called Hades Cradle... legends say it will open a gate to the underword, or perhaps bring the underworld to earth. A bio wizard device made by Lord Splyncrnn himself.
Use the Force Luke, K/Engineering 7 _
I Know A Guy
  • K/Engineering 1d10-1 = 7: 8
  • Wild 1d6-1 = 0: 1
"Antipas, it appears that Lord Splyncrnn sent this device."

"It is an underworld magnet, drawing us into it and possibly bringing things from the underworldhere in our place."

Koshnek wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm
Moments after cresting the rise, a familiar, cool female voice pipes through your comms, overriding all encryption, "I'll tell Captain Claude you regret you could not save him because you couldn't even save yourselves... Enjoy your final moments, sadly you will not see the surprise."

Beeping noises go off all around the bluff and down the incline as the assassin steps through the rift. A keen eye would note that the devices are Black Market Betties, knock-offs of Triax's T50 fusion missile. They extend even through the nearby treeline, and there seems to be no quick option save to peril the incline. The cool female voice echoes on your radios, ” Death awaits you in this life and the next.” The rift closes, the bombs on the bluff explode, and the battle is joined. It seems like the black market outfit was long expecting you.
Luke's Exoskeleton instantly surrounds him and begins compensating for the chnage in environment. Opening the rear hatch of the Mountaineer, Luke takes hold of the bumper and creates a stable platform for the others to disembark.

From the loud speakers on his exoskeleton, "It is a shame you are so inept that you can not hide another's bio-signature. Captain Claude led us here."
Koshnek wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm
Player Instructions:
Step 1: Hard Road Traveled. Vigor roll vs a level of fatigue as the journey might possibly have been arduous. Describe part of the journey that indeed might have taken a lot out of you in occ comments and get a benny. Maybe you had to scout a nasty forest with poisonous spiders or a treacherous rock face. Just a few sentences is all that is needed.
Hard Road Traveled, Vigor 5 _
  • Vigor 1d8 = 5: 5
  • Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Luke after getting tangled up with a psi-spider spends the rest of the ride to the bluff eating and cleaning the netting from his suit. The netting prohibits the suit from fully retracting in some spots.

<Xander analyze.> <Analyzing.>

Koshnek wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm
Step 2: Black Market Surprise. Roll agility or driving/piloting if driving a vehicle. Bombs go off along the ridge the characters arrived at. Danger sense roll can be made to gain a +2 to the agility roll. SIXTH Sense can make their defensive action.
Damage on a failure:
  • Inside Vehicle: level of fatigue from bumps and bruises
  • Outside Vehicle and vehicle itself: 4D6 AP15 MD
Black Market Surprise, Agility 7 _
  • Agility 1d8 = 7: 7
  • Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Luke holds the Mountaineer steady through the rocking and shaking of the bombs and such. Xander instinctively lowers anchors similar to a Glitter Boy and holds his ground and keeps the Mountaineer from becoming a potential weapon to kill the team. He can do little for the team members themselves, however.

Koshnek wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm
Other notes about the scene:
  • The inclined path makes for unsteady footing and counts as an unstable platform for this combat's purposes. However, the outcroppings provide ample cover granting each character a +2 cover bonus. This cover would not apply to any dragons stomping about, but redheaded teenagers would get the bonus.
  • Any player able to detect comm frequencies may make an Electronics roll at -4 to intercept an encrypted broadcast. This does take an action.
  • To learn more about the device, roll an appropriate Knowledge or Tech skill. K/Arcana would be applicable here as well.
  • Attempting to disable the device requires an appropriate Knowledge or Tech skill roll at -4. Three successes are required.
Interecept Encrypted Broadcast, K/Electronics CRIT FAIL _
  • K/Electronics 1d10-3 = -1: 2
  • Wild 1d6-4 = -3: 1
    Benny for Elan [3/4]
  • K/Electronics 1d10 = 1: 1
  • Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
GM Benny Return for CRIT FAIL [4/4]
Oh brother does he get static. Between Luke and Xander they can not get a read, a lock, or any type of identification on the signals They know they are there.

"I have not been on this planet long enough to decript this signal. Something else is coming across the comms."

Yes Disassemble, K/Engineering 7, 1 Success _
  • K/Engineering 1d10-1 = 5: 6
  • Wild 1d6-1 = 5: 6
  • Aced Wild 1d6+5 = 7: 2
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Koshnek wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Black Dow, having calmed the thugs, addresses the Trouble Shooters, "This has all been a big misunderstanding! Please, listen, we don't want more trouble. Our side has suffered worse from all of this, anyhow. We were just paid to get the lady to her destination and activate this infernal contraption. We completed our contract and got our money, some of which we have to send back to these men's families. If you just let us leave we won't cause any more trouble. To prove our good will, once we're gone we'll even radio you back and tell you all we know about this contraption."
Persuasion
Persuasion: Original post: 1d8+2 = 10: 8 Ace: Original post: 1d8+10 = 14: 4 (+2 Charisma)
Wild: Original post: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace: Original post: 1d6+8 = 10: 2
Agility if anyone attempts to interrupt Black Dow:
Agility: Original post: 1d8 = 1: 1
Wild: Original post: 1d6 = 4: 4
"If there is one thing to be learned when dealing with Black Market. Gag them. They talk too much. Kind of like the Warbling Beasts of Dremdon III. They will talk you to death."

Laser Gag, Agility 4 _
  • Agility 1d8 = 4: 4
  • Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
While you consider the actions of the Black Market agents - and the words of Black Dow - the tentacled device is still manipulating the ley line...
Koshnek wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 pm
GM Instructions, Read Me
Step 1: All players can post and react. Every player needs to make a str roll to anchor yourself against the Gravitational flux below. In the groups vehicle? Agility to get out before it is fully flung to parts unknown by the flux!
(Smith you are exhausted so -2).
  • Cover is super helpful: Did you get to cover with your action? Add +2 to your Strength roll.
Step 2:
Anyone who has yet to act (Tsume, Luke, and Al) or is still on hold (Azumi with a joker bonus) may act now! If you have not yet completed the previous scene's instructions, do so now. Read the below instructions before you post as well, please.

Gravitational Flux:
The local gravitational field has been weakened by the device! Roll strength to anchor yourself somehow. Otherwise your character floats into the air. (This removes any cover bonus you may have and inflicts the Unstable Platform penalty to you). If you're in cover, like noted above, add +2 to your Strength roll.

Psychedelic:
Rhinestone Rita's Rhinestone Glitter causes a -6 obscurement penalty to any vision based rolls directed towards the camp, including shooting and spellcasting. Gear reducing Illumination penalties have no affect on this power. Anyone wearing an armor with a helmet (Most in TLPG if not all) is partially protected from the effect, however. The glare reducing abilities of your lenses/visor reduce the penalty from -6 to -4.

Trusting Black Dow:
The Black Market agents have already lost three of their men, and Black Dow is telling you that they will simply leave if allowed. Will you allow him to leave? Can he be trusted? If he does leave, will he even tell you anything about the device? What's his angle?
Much of communication is non-verbal, and you're having to go off of his words and tone alone. Roll Notice at half your Obscurement penalty to determine whether or not you can trust Black Dow. (Ex: Notice -2 if you have a helmet or Notice -3 without one). You must beat a 14 to gain any insight.

Other notes about the scene (Previous Scene instructions):
  • The inclined path makes for unsteady footing and counts as an unstable platform for this combat's purposes. However, the outcroppings provide ample cover granting each character a +2 cover bonus. This cover would not apply to any dragons stomping about, but redheaded teenagers would get the bonus.
  • Any player able to detect comm frequencies may make an Electronics roll at -4 to intercept an encrypted broadcast. This does take an action.
  • To learn more about the device, roll an appropriate Knowledge or Tech skill. K/Arcana would be applicable here as well.
  • Attempting to disable the device requires an appropriate Knowledge or Tech skill roll at -4. Three successes are required.
Step 1, Strength 10 _
  • Strength 1d12+2 = 10: 8
  • Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Luke gives Xander an image of a Glitter Boy's anchoring pilons and Xander replicates a similar device within the exoskeleton. Luke feels the hydraulic thrusters inject the pilons into the ground as the Gravitationl Flux begins throwing things around.

Grappling, Fighting 5 _
  • Fighting 1d6 = 5: 5
  • Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
OOC Comments
Step 2, Grappling the Mountaineer, Strength 25 _]
  • Strength 1d12+2 = 14: 12
  • Aced Strength 1d12+16 = 25: 9
  • Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Koshnek » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:18 am

Wrapping up Round 1
Xander For Luke
”Searching all available databases. Glitter field is causing havok on our scanners but we did get a partial recognition. Planet Seeders. Rumors say one was unleashed on this planet long ago on Atlantis. Database is incomplete on the exact details but they are used in the splugorth invasions of many planets. Records indicate that these devices are the epicenter from which the splugorth army emerges. Based on the power consumption of the device at the leyline it will burn out in less than 15 seconds. By that time it will have accomplished opening a foothold to... Error... Error... The Device... Emitting... Draining power... Shitzzz” It would seem the devices energy pulses are causing issues with Xander as well.
Tsume, Awesome Moment
Being able to bend the laws of physics and get your rope/grappling hook ready and thrown faster than possiblem while seemingly a small thing, was impressive. Black Dow with his darksight enabled goggles mutters as you sling the grapple onto the vehicle, ”Impressive, I will need to get me one of her. Gun Bros, capture and contain mode. I require that creature.”
Azumi
Wow, that was super bad-ass! Awesome narrative and deadly chopping. Parsons fared a bit better than you expected, so take a Benny now, if you have time to use it, and also start the next quarter with an extra Benny!

To Infinity and Beyond! Luke jumps out the back and anchors their ride to the ground Glitter Boy style! He has a firm hold on it, but unfortunately the ground gives and a large chunk of earth underneath Luke begins to give way and float into the sky. As it does, Tsume miraculously wrangles her grappling hook around the vehicle and helps Luke and Xander maintain their tenuous grasp.

With Luke and Tsume doing their best to anchor the groups vehicle, they realize their driver, Alexis, has gone unconscious and is bleeding from her forehead. Even with their combined strength and skill the two realize the gravimetric forces given off by the splurgoth device are reacting badly with the vehicle's engine forcing it skyward despite their best efforts!

The tail latch of the vehicle catches on a large man eating tree, ripping it out of the ground. Glistening among the roots of the tree are all manner of items in various states of disrepair. Hopefully all the heroes need to do is hold on, but for how long?

Bad Day for the Dealer of Death Unable to see Azumi in the glitter and really unprepared for her surprise attack, Azumi is confident that the unsuspecting Parsons' arm has been completely severed as her blade passes through it like butter! As she follows through with a downward slice intending to mutilate the death dealer's leg, it doesn't simply pass through, but lodges into his leg. When Azumi’s blades slice and dice, each attack causes the armor to softly glow blue and those area’s impacted glow red.

1 Wound received and +4 die types to Vigor
Parsons is forced to rely on his armor that comes complete with an under armor crystal weave from the crystal kingdom itself. It appears to be well suited vs a psionic attack. Parsons' armor has absorption against mental energy with transference, and each wound negated adds one die type to strength or vigor. This lets him get a free vigor roll to absorb each of Azumi’s attacks in this case.

Psionic Absorption 1 (3 Wounds)
Vigor: 1d8 = 2: 2
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 10: 4
Soaked 2 wounds and receives 1. Gains +2 die types to Vigor for 5 rounds.

WC Soak 1 (1 Wound)
Vigor: 1d12 = 3: 3
Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4
No wounds received.

Psionic Absorption Soak 2 (5 Wounds)
Vigor: 1d12 = 5: 5
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
WC Reroll (0 WC Bennies remaining)
Vigor: 1d12 = 5: 5
Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1
GM Reroll 1
Vigor: 1d12 = 9: 9
Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4
Soaks 2 Wounds and receives 3. Gains +2 die types to Vigor for 5 rounds.

GM Soak 1 (3 Wounds)
Vigor: 1d12+2 = 3: 1
Wild: 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace: 1d6+8 = 10: 2
Soaks 2 wounds and redeives 1. Nerves of Steel negates 1 level of wound penalties.
"Hah, I guess that splurg-lover ain't so bad! If I ever see her again drinks are on me. What, you think we weren't expecting you, ya no-good, meddling cyberknight?" Parsons taunts Azumi even as his leg gushes blood.

Kick-off
Fighting 1d10-2 = 7: 9 (-6 Glitter, -2 Deflection, +2 Glare Filters [Optics Package], +2 Optics Package, +2 Wild Attack; Nerves of Steel, -2 Parry)
Wild: 1d6-2 = 3: 5

Strength Damage: 1d12+4 = 9: 5 (+2 Wild Attack)
GM Benny 1
Damage: 1d12+4 = 5: 1
GM Benny 2
Damage: 1d12+4 = 10: 6
GM Benny 3
Damage: 1d12+4 = 10: 6

Extraction
Agility: 1d10 = 6: 6
Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4
Parsons unceremoniously kicks off of Azumi as he finishes goading her. He hits her with enough force to send him hurtling towards his hovercycle, but Azumi's armor, reinforced with her cyber-armor, absorbs the blow and she hardly feels it.

"Rita! Ill meet you at rendezvous point 3, 5-minutes!" Parsons shouts as his hand snags the floating hovercycle.

He pulls himself into the seat, and the 77th hears the whine of hover engines firing up.

Missed Connections The thugs don't notice Azumi's arrival, but they do hear the back and forth between her and Parsons. Without a good lock on the mighty dragon Alenys, they turn to engage the Cyber-Knight.

They reach for grenades and toss them towards Parsons' last known location. They agree without a word that a pissed off Parsons is better than an angry cyberknight.
Thugs attempt Throwing
T3 Throwing 1d6-4 = -2: 2 (-6 Glitter, +2 Glare Filters [Huntsman Armor])
Deviation: 1d6 = 4: 4" towards 1d12 = 1: 1
Deviates 3" towards 1 O'clock
Mega Damage: 3d6 = 8: 3, 3, 2

T4 Throwing 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Deviation: 1d6 = 2: 2" towards 1d12 = 11: 11
Deviates 2" towards 11 O'clock
Mega Damage: 3d6 = 12: 6, 3, 3 Ace: 1d6+12 = 13: 1

T5 Throwing 1d6-4 = -2: 2
Deviation: 1d6 = 5: 5" towards 1d12 = 6: 6
Deviates 3" towards 6 O'clock
Mega Damage: 3d6 = 10: 5, 1, 4

Map; 1"=1 Square
874f3896-8f49-4c63-81e2-e3d8de974cd1.jpg
874f3896-8f49-4c63-81e2-e3d8de974cd1.jpg (76.12 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
The first grenade careens over the hovercycle and explodes harmlessly in the distance, doing little more than scratching up Parsons' ride and thoroughly pissing him off.

Black Dow screams, "NO! Don't throw grenades in this-"

Too late with his warning, another grenade lands in front of one of Dow's gun brothers and explodes. Fortunately, he takes the brunt of the blast and little gets through to Black Dow or his other brother. Both are furious, but none the worse for wear.

The blast knocks some rhinestones off Rita's jacket and she yells, "Hey this isn't Bomberman! Leave me out of this game! Besides, I hear Al’s tiny voice out there, and I owe her a rematch and a beatdown."

The third grenade plunks Parsons in the back head as he's flying towards the hovercycle. It bounces back towards the thugs who threw it! The blast knocks them backwards, but their armor protects them from harm.

"OY! Who the hell- What the f- Did-?" Parsons splutters after the grenade bounces off his head and explosions erupt unseen all around him.

Azumi feels shockwaves and debris pelt her from every direction, but her well-designed cyber-knight armor keep her safe.

Ceasefire? "ENOUGH!" Black Dow bellows, for the first time not quite cool and collected.

He walks over to the nearest thug, puts his laser pistol against the thug's head, and brains him.

He calls out to all, black market agents and the 77th alike, "Everyone drop your weapons, now. We surrender! No more, this is a bust. Surely, the legion wouldn't mow down the unarmed and defenseless?"

As the lifeless thug drops to the ground, the 77th can hear if not see weapons dropping to the ground. Then another wave of what sounds like unsheathing follows. Then more thuds. Finally, the sound of something large and metallic striking metal comes from the direction of the still-whining hovercycle.

Notice
A notice roll at the same penalties will reveal that Parsons' rail gun has finally arrived in his hands
"Rita, I've had it with this confounded glitter. Parsons-" Black Dow begins before he is interrupted by the rumbling which is now much closer and has become more of a thundering crashing through trees.

The Calvary Arrives A small coalition scouting party bursts out of the treeline from the opposite side of the encampment! A couple of dog boys and a psi-stalker emerge from the wooded area first, followed closely by a Mountaineer ATV Mk1. It seems to be built with stealth capabilities, but from their entrance, it is apparent that those systems were not engaged.

Fear Checks
Commander Giles
Spirit: 1d8 = 7: 7

Psi-stalker
Spirit: 1d8 = 2: 2
Fright Table: 1d20 = 17: 17
Major Phobia: Dragons
Psi-stalker will be at -4 to his rolls while in the presence of Alenys in her Dragon form.

Grunts
Spirit: 1d6 = 4: 4

Spirit: Dog Boys
1d6 = 5: 5
"Frack! Frack! They have a fracking dragon, Commander! Where did it go, we all saw it. Red and with jaws of death. It just vanished man, it could be anywhere!" the psi-slayer shouts wide-eyed as Al vanished.

He aims his rocket launcher, which both dog boys are also carrying, at Alenys' last known location. However, one of the dog boys slaps him across the face before panic gets the best of the psi-stalker. He holds his fire as the Mountaineer pulls up behind him. Eight grunts swarm out of the Mountaineer and ready their weapons, mostly rocket launchers, at the black market glitter fest and members of the 77th CIT.

"This is Commander Giles of the Coalition states. You will put down your weapons and disable all magical devices and effects. D-bee scum and magic users will be taken into custody. Humans will be given a fair trial for their crimes of collusion. The-The- Dragon can leave unmolested. Comply immediately," Captain Giles blares over the loudspeakers.

Round 2

The Shoe Rises
Twenty years into a possible future
Two men looked down at a crater; an ATV is parked about 50 ft away. They stood on a piece of earth overlooking a shallow valley. Perhaps at one point the ridge and valley were green with trees and vegetation, but as the two men shielded their eyes from the sun they looked into a valley of rock scorched many times over with weapons of mass destruction. One of the men, wearing heavy cyber-knight armor, looks grim and shakes his head, ”You sure this is where you first encountered them? So much was destroyed in our final attempt to stop the Splugorth. There are some days I wish Captain Claude had succeeded...” He stops talking and bends down retrieving an old and blackened Tomorrow Legion crest.

The other man nods slowly and raises the armored gauntlet on his hand towards the wasted valley, ”There is only one way to find out Coake,” He glances at the cyber-knight for a moment, hesitating.

The much vaunted cyber-knight, Lord Coake, adjusts his armor and ignites his psi-sword, ”Do it Parsons. Those biowizard nightmares... Those zombies changed the world, all those people died and then risen... We need to change it back.”

Parsons taps his armor, channeling a powerful electromagnetic wave from his armored gauntlet into the valley. ”If this is where we encountered the 77th... If this is where those bio zombies emerged... Just make sure those two remember to say Blackwing. It's the only—“

As if on cue, the rock itself comes comes alive with silver metallic tendrils sprouting across the landscape, some as large as a thick tree trunk and over 500 feet in length. One of them juts out at blinding speed going for Lord Coake. The once death dealer for the black market, Parsons, leaps in front of Coake protecting the man. The Tendril vaporizes him as he looks at Coake with a wide eyed and shocked expression.

Coake spins and cuts the tendril with his psi-sword before it gets a chance to kill him. He calls out to the mountaineer, ”Alexis, Remington... Gun it. This time history will not unfold!”

The nearby ATV roars to life and heads down the valley towards where the tendrils were erupting from. Some sort of electromagnetic shield protects it against countless tendrils threatening to tear it and the occupants apart. A large gleaming one pierces its shield and wraps itself around the axle of the vehicle. The leader of the cyber-knights appears out of nowhere with speed unknown. He slices the tendril with his brilliant blade of righteous thought.

With his face betraying a hint of sadness, he roars at the vehicle, ”Your’re almost there! Go!”

Your sacrifice may not ever be remembered.

The ATV reaches the epicenter of all the tendrils and erupts in an brillant, orange light bathing the entire valley. Coake smiles as he steps into the next time stream.

Thank you.
A mighty groan issues from within the glitter cloud like some kind of beast being birthed. It is deep and guttural and is followed by a strange green glow that seems to draw energy from nearby sources both magical and electrical. Azumi can tell the glow is coming from the device and the groans might be from killed black market thugs.

The grass at the teams feet grows dark and crumbles. Nearby trees sag, and the smaller ones turn to dust. Then comes a cry from Black Dow, ”What—. Michaels you are supposed are dead!

Unknown thug, ”Boss, Ack—. Bill is on me! Stop gnawing on my arm man!”

While the glittery field makes it almost impossible to see into the camp, it sounds like something odd is going on within it.

Alexis and Remington are surrounded by a brief orange glow. The rest of the members of the 77th hear a brief comm message sounding as if both Alexis and Remington are speaking as one, ”Tell them Blackwing... It's the only way to prevent...” The glow fades and their bodies and gear are no more. Alexis’ vehicle remains, but it it seems to fade in and out of existence as if it is only anchored in place by Luke and Tsume.

Initiative Round 2
All players may act first. The NPCs will follow.

With the addition of a third group of NPCs, we're going to make a slight change to initiative. The highest card draw from each group (77th PCs, BM NPCs and CS NPCs) will determine each group's initiative. Each group will then act in order.

77th 1st: Queen of Hearts (Assuming Antipas chooses the Queen)
Antipas (LH): 1d54 = 44: 44 6D / 1d54 = 24: 24 QH
Azumi: 1d54 = 45: 45 7D
Luke: 1d54 = 31: 31 6C
Tsume: 1d54 = 49: 49 JD
Smith: 1d54 = 47: 47 9D

BM 2nd: Jack of Spades
BMEn: 1d54 = 49: 49 JD
BMEx (BD): 1d54 = 10: 10 JS
HH (DDP): 1d54 = 44: 44 6D
RR (Rita): 1d54 = 15: 15 3H
Thugs + GBs: 1d54 = 32: 32 7C

CS 3rd: 7 of Clubs
MS (Giles): 1d54 = 40: 40 2D
PS: 1d54 = 5: 5 6S
Grunts: 1d54 = 32: 32 7C
DBs: 1d54 = 43: 43 5D
GM Instructions
Players are up first. Post in any order, and posts more or less happen as they are dropped. At the beginning of everyone's post do one of the two things based depending on your type of character:
  • PPE or ISP user: Make a Spirit roll at -2, and on a failure temporarily loose 2d6 PP. Don’t have enough PP to cover the cost? Take a wound per every 4 you lack!
    • Dual user: Make the roll twice!
  • Non PPE or ISP user: Make a Smarts roll at -2 to realign your powered armor and main powered weapon. Fail and the weapon does not work until a repair roll is made. Your character takes a level of fatigue as they fall when their armor momentarily stops working.
    • Low tech user: Carry on as if nothing happened.
Then choose if you are going to get involved with the dramatic task below (possibly participate in it if already involved) and/or face the bad guys.

The players' ride is floating off into the air with Luke and Xander plus a recently deceased loot-tree! I mean, man eating tree! Do you save the Luke and the vehicle from a potentially horrific fate? Or do you focus on other, equally pressing matters?

Participating in this Dramatic task requires a Strength roll at -2 with the below modifiers. This is the first round of a three round Dramatic Task, 5 successes are needed per round. Currently only Luke and Tsume are participating and are able to make the Strength roll. For each success gained above 5 an item, light armor, or light weapon with a minor or major mod is found in workable condition.
Modifier: Invalid dice code! Jack Pot! +2 to the Strength roll made this round.
  • How can I participate? You must first make contact with the vehicle, typically a grapple check. This can be sort of a modified grapple check if you are wanting to use throwing for a grappling hook or shooting for a spider man like webshooter. I am open to player creativity here, but what is important is that you must in some way make contact with the vehicle. This will set you up for a future round’s Strength check unless by a special ability you can initiate a Strength roll immediately upon a successful grapple check, if you can then feel free to grapple and make a Strength roll to participate in the dramatic action.
  • Can I do other things, like boost Strength, attack bad guys? Sure, apply the appropriate MAP. Remember, you must first initiate a “grapple” with the vehicle in some manner.

Other notes about the scene (Previous Scene instructions):
  • The inclined path makes for unsteady footing and counts as an unstable platform for this combat's purposes. However, the outcroppings provide ample cover granting each character a +2 cover bonus. This cover would not apply to any dragons stomping about, but redheaded teenagers would get the bonus. (Azumi and possibly Antipas are already past the incline and must seek other cover if desired.)
  • Rhinestone Glitter: Don't forget about the glitter! It's still in play, and any attempt to visually notice anything within the Black Market encampment is made at -6 modified by glare filters or other similar effects. (+2 to your roll for body armor with a helmet, for example).
  • Attempting to disable the device requires an appropriate Knowledge or Tech skill roll at -4. Three successes are required.
GM Note about Parsons
Parsons' Toughness was listed as 17(8) when initially introduced, but that was erroneous and should be 19(8). Also, Azumi should have rolled an ace for one of her damage d8's which doesn't seem to have been rolled.

To keep things simple and speed this up, we'll keep everything as-is from the previous round, but going forward Parsons' Toughness has been upgraded to 19(8). Which, after receiving his 4 die types to Vigor, is actually now 22(8),
Maps: Large Area plus Encampment
874f3896-8f49-4c63-81e2-e3d8de974cd1.jpg
874f3896-8f49-4c63-81e2-e3d8de974cd1.jpg (76.12 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
062EFC91-F5DF-4350-B91D-3BFB7C27FAD9.jpeg
062EFC91-F5DF-4350-B91D-3BFB7C27FAD9.jpeg (87.48 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
Bestiary of Baddies and Boogies
  • At the Black Market Camp (Glitter Obscure):
    • Black Dow(WC): Cha: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (5) -2 to hit frome range Improved dodge, has an active set of TW goggles.
    • Death Dealer Parsons (1 Wound)(WC): Cha: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (8)(Currently has a vigor of d12+2 from his armor’s ability to absorb limited kinds of damage)
    • Rhinestone Rita: Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (3) -4 to hit due to greater deflection “dark shroud”, Has a Glittery Obscure all arround the camp(WC)
    • Thugs (6): Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (5)
    • Gun Brothers(2): Cha: −2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 24 (12) MDC
  • CS on the other side
    • Dog Boys: Cha: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness 12 (5)
    • Grunts: Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13 (6) Rocket Launchers in hand.
    • Psi-stalker: Cha: −2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 13 (6)
    • Commander Giles(inside Mk I) (using UAR-I pilot stats): Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (6)
    • Mk I: Size 4, Acc/TS 15/60, Toughness 23 (12), Crew 1+3, Remaining Mods 0 Notes: All-Terrain, M.D.C. Armor, Stealth Plating and sound dampening engine, light vehicular railgun, Mini Missiles x2(Auto-Firing RoF 2)
  • A new foe emerges: Bio-Wizard Zombies! (2 for now, they are attacking the Black Market inside the Glitter Obscure. Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (5) And some other stuff.
Trouble Shooters GM Bennies: 5/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:58 pm

spirit vs power drain, success
spirit 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4 EE 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Notice base 5
Notice 1d6+2 = 5: 3 Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Keeping an eye on the team behind him Antipas sees Remmington thru the windshield of the teams ride. The kid is struggling to free Alexis from her harness when the two of them begin to glow.
Koshnek wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:18 am
Alexis and Remington are surrounded by a brief orange glow. The rest of the members of the 77th hear a brief comm message sounding as if both Alexis and Remington are speaking as one, ”Tell them Blackwing... It's the only way to prevent...” The glow fades and their bodies and gear are no more. Alexis’ vehicle remains, but it it seems to fade in and out of existence as if it is only anchored in place by Luke and Tsume.
Shit!
Luke wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:07 pm
"Tsume, anchor on me. Let the Mountaineer go."

"Antipas. Coalition added to Black Market and Splug activities. We need to clear the field or regroup."
"Remmy and Alexis got shifted... somewhere. Let the truck go they may need it more than us. We need to be ready for a shitstorm if my idea doesn't work.

The shifting situation in the valley plays out and he can't help but laugh at the failed attempt to use grenades. When the marketers offer surrender Antipas speaks up, "Rita unless there's a blackbird button to push or command you can give it, you need to open a rift under that thing to Splyn. Return that shit to sender." Gliding from rock to rock to tree Antipas Switches Nemisi to his left hand and draws his TW shotgun. He leaves it braced on his shoulder and facing behind him, pulling the trigger to release a gout of water.
Shooting to boost pace
Shooting 1d8 = 4: 4 Wild 1d6 = 2: 2 EE 1d6+4 = 10: 6 Ace 1d6+10 = 12: 2
The water acts as a booster rocket, sending the undead slayer zipping above Dow and his thugs. A twist of his wrist and the last sputter of water is enough to alter his trajectory. But he misjudges and instead of setting the Atlantean down next to the rifter between her and the CS soldiers, he overshoots his mark.
Last edited by Antipas on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:07 pm

Luke fights on with holding the vehicle, not realizing that the driver is gone. Xander's data dump does little to encourage him, but he shouts over the open comms, "The disruption will only last another 15 seconds. What comes next will certainly be worse."

Held Roll
Step 2, Grappling the Mountaineer, Strength 25 _]
Counteract Power Drain, Smarts 8 _
  • Smarts 1d10-2 = 4: 6
  • Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
  • Aced! Wild 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Last edited by Luke on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2567
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:21 pm

+1 benny for Antipas for devating into the glitter field arround the black market camp!
How far? 1d6 = 5: 5 inches
What direction? Like a clock 1d12 = 2: 2

Antipas goes careening by Rhinestone Rita in the glittery field identifiable by a sweet and spicy perfume. ” Ta-Ta!” And Antipas can swear he thinks she blew him a kiss. As you go sailing by she calls a bit off her game, ” Did you say Black Wing?” He lands at the northern edge of the field and rolls a good 20 feet out of it before stopping.
(Basically 4” off the map to the north of Rita)
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
4/4
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
4/4
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:21 pm
+1 benny for Antipas for devating into the glitter field arround the black market camp!
How far? Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5 inches
What direction? Like a clock Original post: 1d12 = 2: 2

Antipas goes careening by Rhinestone Rita in the glittery field identifiable by a sweet and spicy perfume. ” Ta-Ta!” And Antipas can swear he thinks she blew him a kiss. As you go sailing by she calls a bit off her game, ” Did you say Black Wing?” He lands at the northern edge of the field and rolls a good 20 feet out of it before stopping.
(Basically 4” off the map to the north of Rita)
Standing up and snapping the gun back onto its fixture, he moves Nemisi back to his main hand and smiles menacingly at the young woman. "Yes I did, now RIFT..or you can not and see how that goes." Turning to face the scouting party he whistles his radio to a CS fequency. "If she can't get rid of this thing, we're all probably fucked, so relax and stand down while we fix this." Counting on the CS hatred of his kind to draw their fire from the rifter if his words fail to move them, he stares down the psi stalker.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Alenysturathe » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:16 am

Spirit PPE 10
-2 difficulty, -1 fatigue
Spirit 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6+4 = 10: 6
Ace 1d6+10 = 11: 1
Spirit ISP 7
-2 difficulty, -1 fatigue
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Extra Effort Elan 1d6+4 = 8: 4
Grapple truck 14; 2 Raises
-1 Fatigue
Fighting 1d8-1 = 2: 3
Wild 1d6-1 = 2: 3
Extra Effort Elan 1d6+4 = 10: 6
Ace 1d6+10 = 14: 4
Devil’s Gate
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe growled, but looked with concern as the Black Market thugs turned to focus their attention on Azumi, tossing grenades. Fortunately they all turned out to be the Three Stooges and did little damage. Still, the invisible dragon angled her flight a bit. She would have to help her friend before confronting Rita.

But then the Black Market men surrendered, and suddenly the Coalition was there too?

“This party is getting ridiculous,” Alenysturathe muttered. She didn’t know what to do. So the Black Market weren’t bad guys anymore? The Coalition certainly were, but she was too far away from them. But the truck looked like it was going to float away, and they had teammates inside!

Alenysturathe circled around and flew back up the hill, dropping down on the floating Mountaineer with a thud to try and drive it down to the earth once more.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
-1 Fatigue
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 5/10; PPE: 10/10
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 3/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.

User avatar
Azumi Archambault
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Azumi Archambault » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:47 pm

POWER DRAIN - OH NOEZ!
Spirit: 1d8-2 = 6: 8; Wild: 1d6-2 = 0: 2=Success
Azumi steels her will against the arcane energies ripping through the valley.
Norm Parsons wrote:"Rita! Ill meet you at rendezvous point 3, 5-minutes!" Parsons shouts as his hand snags the floating hovercycle.
He pulls himself into the seat, and the 77th hears the whine of hover engines firing up.[/b]
Rising to her feet, Azumi jabs back at the merc. "Leaving so soon, Norm? I was hoping you would stick around so I could kick the other side of your ass."
The first grenade careens over the hovercycle and explodes harmlessly in the distance, doing little more than scratching up Parsons' ride and thoroughly pissing him off.

Black Dow screams, "NO! Don't throw grenades in this-"

Too late with his warning, another grenade lands in front of one of Dow's gun brothers and explodes. Fortunately, he takes the brunt of the blast and little gets through to Black Dow or his other brother. Both are furious, but none the worse for wear.

The blast knocks some rhinestones off Rita's jacket and she yells, "Hey this isn't Bomberman! Leave me out of this game! Besides, I hear Al’s tiny voice out there, and I owe her a rematch and a beatdown."

The third grenade plunks Parsons in the back head as he's flying towards the hovercycle. It bounces back towards the thugs who threw it! The blast knocks them backwards, but their armor protects them from harm.

"OY! Who the hell- What the f- Did-?" Parsons splutters after the grenade bounces off his head and explosions erupt unseen all around him.

Azumi feels shockwaves ... [her] cyber-knight armor keep her safe.
"What's wrong with those guys? With your winning personality, I'm certain you only brought in the best lackeys. Hope you're off to find mo..."
Does Azumi know Parsons got his railgun back?
Notice: 1d6-6 = -2: 4; Wild: 1d6-6 = -5: 1=Nope!
Commander Giles wrote:"This is Commander Giles of the Coalition states. You will put down your weapons and disable all magical devices and effects. D-bee scum and magic users will be taken into custody. Humans will be given a fair trial for their crimes of collusion. The-The- Dragon can leave unmolested. Comply immediately," Captain Giles blares over the loudspeakers.
DAMMIT!!! These guys, here? Really?! Mother-F*!^@&#$%&#*!!!
Stop it. Stay calm Azumi. Maybe they won't recognize you.

A mighty groan issues from within the glitter cloud like some kind of beast being birthed. It is deep and guttural and is followed by a strange green glow that seems to draw energy from nearby sources both magical and electrical. Azumi can tell the glow is coming from the device and the groans might be from killed black market thugs.

The grass at the teams feet grows dark and crumbles. Nearby trees sag, and the smaller ones turn to dust. Then comes a cry from Black Dow, ”What—. Michaels you are supposed are dead!

Unknown thug, ”Boss, Ack—. Bill is on me! Stop gnawing on my arm man!”
With a measured voice to the endangered mercenary, Azumi states: "Hold still - I've got you."
Slice & Dice the Zombie
Fighting= 1d10 = 7: 7; Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1 -6(Glitter Effect)+2 Armor Optics + EE 1d6 = 6: 6+ EE Raise!! 1d6 = 2: 2 vs. Par 6= Raise!

Damage= 2d8 = 13: 8, 5+ 2d6 = 3: 2, 1+d8 Raise 1d8 = 5: 5 AP 6: 21 vs. TN 12(3)= Shaken +3 Wounds
She ends the zombie's un-existence with an equatorial power chop through the head, moments before the creature would have made contact with the mercenary.

She switches to her comms: "Troubleshooters, we've got zombies in the glitter field. I'll hold this for now. Concentrate on our truck and keep the CS off us."

"Dow, Rita, Parsons, we have a problem we need to deal with. Together." She helps the beleaguered merc to his feet. "Tell me about Blackwing. We can stop this."

She raises her guard, and squares off to the second zombie - her back is to Parsons.
Active Powers:
Lady Azumi Archambault
Human Cyber-Knight
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Statistics: Charisma 8, Pace 8, Parry 8, Toughness 14 (6), Strain 0
Skills: Fighting d10, Healing d6+2, Notice d6, Persuade d10+8, Psionics d6, Shooting d4, Stealth d10, Streetwise d8+8
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Wanted (Rogue Agent of the Coalition States)
Edges: Assassin, Champion, Charismatic, Connections (Black Market), Healer, Improved Frenzy, Minor Psionic, Scrounger, Strong Willed, Tricky Fighter and Very Attractive
Special Abilities: Cyber-Armor (+2 Toughness as Free Action), Cyberkinetic Combat (−2 to be hit by tech attacks), Psi-Sword (2d8+1d4, AP 6 or AP 2 w/ 2 blades), Right Behind Me (Choose any spot on map to start / Stealth roll = The Drop) [1st Rd only], +2 Common Knowledge with creating forgeries
Powers: Knight’s Inspiration [Boost Trait] (2 ISP), Preternatural Reflexes [Deflection] (2 ISP), Adrenaline Surge [Quickness] (4 ISP), Warrior’s Repose -from armor [Healing] (3 ISP)
Equipment: CK Medium Armor (+6 Arm, +1 TN, FEV, Healing), Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol (18/36/72, 2d6, AP2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), NG-L5 Laser Rifle (25/50/100, 3d6+2, AP 2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), TK Shield (+4 Armor vs Ranged Attacks, +2 Parry, 1 PPE per hour to activate), NG-S2 Survival Kit, Silver Cross, Green Stone of the Capitan, 600 crs.
XP: 0/5
EP: 2
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 7/10
Bennies: 7/3
Adventure Cards
  • #35: Seize the Day - Azumi acts as if she had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • #37: Villanious Verbosity - An opposing Wild Card loses his next action by gloating about his master plan.
Azumi's Character Sheet
Edit Signature

User avatar
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Koshnek » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:02 pm

As Azumi approaches the bio-wizard zombie, it reaches forward with a long silvery tentacle and tries to wrap it around her neck! Lady Azumi is too quick for the shambling zombie, however, and she splits its head in two with one deft chop of her psi-sword. When her psi-sword touches the zombie, Azumi can feel the blade weaken, but not enough to keep zombie's brains and some bits of metal from slopping out of its head as the corpse hits the ground again.
Notice
A notice roll with all the same penalties reveals silvery filaments stretching from each half of the bio-wizard zombie's head and connecting to the opposite half.
Fighting 1d8-6 = -3: 3 (-6 Rhinestone Glitter, +2 [Ooooh Mysterious], -2 Deflection)

21 damage (AP 6) -2 (Ooooh Mysterious) = 19 - 12(5)= 12/4=Shaken and 3 Wounds

Vigor: 1d10 = 1: 1
Incapacitated with one Wound
The thug sighs with relief and thanks Azumi, "Uh, Thanks? There's another one of these freaks on Dow!"
Trouble Shooters GM Bennies: 5/6

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Tsume » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:08 am

Spirit 4, DT: Strength 9
PPE user
Spirit 1d8-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6

Grapple with Vehicle Dramatic Task, Strength -2
Jackpot round +2 Strength

Strength 1d6 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Ace 1d6 = 3: 3
"Fifthteen seconds, nya!" Tsume pulls on her rope with all her might. "Canyit let nit go!"
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 13 ; Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Smith » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:58 pm

Run 8, Drain 9(!) I.S.P.
Spirit 1d6-4 = -2: 2
Wild Die 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Run 1d6 = 2: 2

Drain 2d6 = 9: 6, 3 I.S.P.
Smith groans in pain, his features rippling through a few previous iterations as the I.S.P. is leeched from his body. He grits his teeth and runs toward the device.

User avatar
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Koshnek » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Up, Up and Away? The live vine tree is uprooted as Alexis’ vehicle reacts poorly with the increasing gravitational flux, but through the efforts of Luke and Tsume they hold their ground and even save what looks a ranged weapon and a set of armor snagged in the live trees roots as it floats away. Perhaps with the added strength of a mighty dragon they will be able to pull the vehicle solidly to the ground or even toss it into the splugorth-made device.

However, the upended forces of gravity keep pulling and wrestling with the heroes in a titanic struggle for a vehicle with no driver! Aiding the heroes' efforts is a Bio-borg (gun brother for those with kn megaverse) unseen appears next to Luke and grunts as he grips hold of the back bumper of the vehicle. Its skin ripples with hardy strength at it aids the heroes efforts. A keen eye will notice that the metallic gun brother’s cyber eye is carefully trained on Tsume.

Xander for Luke
” All systems nominal... I have analyzed the gravitational field and its uncharacteristic reaction to Alexis’ vehicle. The engine itself is made out of an unusual element not in our database. It is reacting like two negatively charged magnets forcing it away from the device. If we are able to bring it into contact to the ground it would effectively neutralize the effect...”
OOC Comments
Players are at 8 successes of a total of 15 needed. In round 2 of the task, the heroes must achieve 5 successes at -2 offset by the aid of the bioborg at +2= 0. Strength is the skill used. Round 2 of Dramatic task: What kind of interesting thing happens with time? 1d8-2 = 4: 6

Black Wing
Smarts rolls
Black Dow
Smarts:
Wild: 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Power Points lost: 2d6 = 11: 5, 6

Parsons
Smarts: 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Wild: 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Gains a fatigue

Rita
Smarts: 1d10-2 = 1: 3
Wild: 1d6-2 = 3: 5
PPE Lost: 2d6 = 8: 5, 3

Enforcer
Huh, he didn't roll...

Thugs
Smarts: 1d6-2 = 4: 6

GBs
Smarts: 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Gains a fatigue
Rita pouts looking at the device and at Black Dow with some concern. She had been promised bubble gum and pink bubbles but this mess looked a bit darker.

She quickly nods to Parsons spitting out her bubble gum and holds his gaze for a heart beat too long, ”I’ll see you there, save point 3.” She seems to have more to say but pulls down her shades striking a pose as she works her magic (Kn Arcana: teleportation).

Spellcasting
Spellcasting 1d10 = 9: 9
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
Raise: Teleports 30" away.
At the same time, Black Dow draws his pistol using a quick release mechanism to fling it into his hand and points it at Rita in one smooth motion. He rolls under the nearby zombie’s bladed arm strike, keeping the pistol trained on Rita.

He shakes his head at Rita and says darkly, ”Sorry Rita our employer said no one follows. It's just business.”

Parsons has seen enough, pulling his railgun into his hands.

Scowling at Black Dow, the Death Dealer tells the expiditor, ”Don’t ask for me again Dow, you won’t be able to afford me. Get your gun—”

Suddenly, energies biological and technological alike go haywire. Rita gasps as her PPE is drained from her, and the glitter fades suddenly. Parsons is thrown from his hovercycle as the engine revs out of control and explodes catastrophically. He rolls across the ground to lie at Rita's feet and closes his hand around her ankle.

Black Dow screams and clutches his head just as he pulls the trigger meaning to vaporize Rita. A white glittery light engulfs Rita and Parsons as her spell goes off. After it fades they are gone and only a pair of rhinestone remain where they once were.

Black Dow shakes the pain off and is able to see clearly. Quickly analyzing his options, he neatly ducks under a Zombie’s gnashing maw. He clicks his tongue and a gunbrother thrusts its vibrosword into the zombie only to have the zombie's liquid metal skin morph around the blow, effectively negating it.

He looks at Antipas and Azumi, ignoring his gunbrother bodyguard's struggles against the zombie.

He says matter of factly, ” Well down to business I suppose. A true Atlantean and a Cyber Knight. How do you know my real name? I thought I killed everyone who knew me as Black Wing.” His tone takes a on a slight hard edge of hatred, ”The Wing’s were losers. No one ever amounted to anything. I cut my ties with them long ago both figuratively and literally. How do you know me?”

The few remaining thugs turn to open fire on the still-moving bio-wizard zombie. Their attacks punch holes through the zombie but otherwise seem ineffectual against the monstrosity! In fact, their firearms seem to be even less effective than Azumi's psi-sword against the creature.

Meanwhile, the device's many tentacles continue writhing as it disturbs the arcane energies of the ley line...

Haters Got to Hate The CS soldiers, perhaps not the finest ever to walk Rifts Earth but still heroes of humanity, get it together and launch their assault.

Over loudspeakers, Commander Giles commands his troops, "These scum have made their choice. Destroy that device and obliterate everyone in that valley. Spare the ones on the opposite cliff. Should they take any hostile action, dispose of them too."

The psi-stalker screams, seething uncontrollably and clearly still frightened of Al, ”I saw it... A dragon just like the war man! In the first days the reckless red one took out 12 death heads! I was on the 13th! Its back man, ghosting us! I thought we killed them all in Freehold... But we failed. Call it in! Call it in!” He starts backing up to the CS ATV while still shouting, ”Call it in! I saw it, I saw it man!”

Shooting
Grunts
Shooting
1) 1d8 = 2: 2
Deviation: 1d10 = 6: 6" towards 1d12 = 3: 3 o'clock.
Deviates 6" towards 3 o'clock.
5d6 = 23: 5, 2, 5, 5, 6 Ace: 1d6+23 = 25: 2 Damage, AP 6
Explodes 36 feet east of Azumi & Thug / No Effect

2) 1d8 = 7: 7
5d6 = 15: 4, 3, 3, 3, 2 Damage, AP 6
Gun Brother unaffected / Dow receives 9 Damage and is Shaken w/ 2 Wounds
Black Dow Benny 1
Vigor: 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
Black Dow Benny 2
Vigor: 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Black Dow receives 0 Wounds

3) 1d8 = 7: 7
5d6 = 19: 5, 1, 6, 6, 1 Ace: 2d6+19 = 25: 5, 1 Damage, AP 6
Zombie Dies / Thug Dies
Vigor: 1d10 = 4: 4
Zombie recovers / Thug rises as Bio-Wizard Zombie

4) 1d8 = 8: 8 Ace: 1d8+8 = 15: 7
6d6 = 17: 2, 5, 3, 2, 4, 1 Damage, AP 6
Dead Thugs / Thugs rise as Bio-Wizard Zombies

5) 1d8 = 4: 4
5d6 = 18: 6, 5, 3, 1, 3 Ace: 1d6+18 = 23: 5 Damage, AP 6
Hovercycle destroyed / Device Hit (No Damage)

6) 1d8 = 1: 1
Deviation: 1d10 = 9: 9" towards 1d12 = 11: 11 o'clock.
Deviates 9" towards 11 o'clock
5d6 = 13: 4, 2, 2, 1, 4 Damage, AP 6
Deviates off map / No Effect

7) 1d8 = 8: 8 Ace: 1d8+8 = 13: 5
6d6 = 29: 5, 6, 4, 5, 6, 3 Ace: 1d6+29 = 34: 5 Damage, AP 6
Device Hit (No Damage)

8) 1d8 = 1: 1
Deviation: 1d10 = 7: 7" towards 1d12 = 10: 10 o'clock.
Deviates 7" towards 10 o'clock
5d6 = 13: 1, 2, 5, 1, 4 Damage, AP 6
Deviates off map / No Effect

Dog Boys
Shooting
1) 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 11: 5
6d6 = 25: 3, 3, 6, 2, 6, 5 Ace: 2d6+25 = 30: 2, 3 Damage, AP 6
Parsons receives 3 Wounds / Rhinestone Rita receives 6 Wounds
Parsons Benny 1
Vigor: 1d12+2 = 12: 10
Wild: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Parsons receives 0 Wounds
Rhinestone Rita Benny 1
Vigor: 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1
Rhinestone Rita Benny 2
Vigor: 1d8 = 3: 3
Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 8: 2
Rita Incapacitation
Vigor: 1d8-3 = -2: 1
Wild: 1d6-3 = -1: 2
GM Benny 1
Vigor: 1d8 = 7: 7-3=4
Wild: 1d6 = 4: 4-3=1
Injury: 2d6 = 7: 5, 2 1d6 = 3: 3
Rita at d6 Vigor until all wounds are healed.

2) 1d6 = 3: 3
Deviation: 1d10 = 4: 4" towards 1d12 = 11: 11 o'clock.
Deviates 4" towards 11 o'clock.
5d6 = 15: 4, 1, 5, 1, 4 Damage, AP 6

Notice
1d8+2 = 6: 4
1d6+2 = 7: 5
At captain Giles' command, the grunts fire their rocket launchers into the camp. Antipas and Azumi can feel the heat and force of numerous explosions as the encampment between them is blanketed with rocket fire.

Black Dow and his gunbrother are caught directly in one of the blasts, but they're made of sterner stuff than most. They come through the assault without much more than ruffled hair and dirtied armor.

The thug struggling with the zombie is blown to pieces by the blast. The zombie trying to eat him is similarly dismembered.
A final blast kills two more thugs south of the device. They share the same fate as their friend and the zombie.

The two dog boys growl and shift their aim 30 yards away from the encampment and fire their rockets. One explodes harmlessly, but the second is a direct hit on Rita and Parsons! He jumps in front of Rita, absorbing some of the blow. Unfortunately, Parsons is made of tougher stuff than Rita.

Rita lets out a horrible screech when she is caught in the explosion. She collapses to the ground and whispers to Parsons, "I guess this..is it. Game over, huh?"

Parsons picks her up and yells, "Rita! NO! I'll save you Rita..."

The Death Dealer wraps her up in his arms and takes off through the wilderness with Rita.

After Rita's pained scream, frenzied barking and growling can be heard from within the tent. Chains loudly rattle and shake. Finally, metal snaps and one of the most massive, intimidating dog boys any of you have ever seen erupts from within the tent wearing little but a loin cloth and a spiked collar. He has a long piece of metal in his hands.
Dog Boy
039A1A0B-6742-49A8-AB77-E6D5B06B56EE.jpeg
Just before the device is pummeled by CS rockets, silvery wisp-like shards shoot out of several of the device's tentacles and take root in the dead thugs' torsos. Then the rockets hit! The impact and explosions from the rockets do not seem to harm the device, however it briefly glows orangish red. As the color fades, pulses of additional energy begin shoot up into the ley line from the device.

Bio Wizard Zombies Please Stand Up! Before 77th's eyes, the thugs' corpses begins transforming to a liquidy metal. Tendrils reach from their bodies to their missing pieces, and they begin pulling the pieces back to the torso. Even the one Azumi put down starts to reform!

The device releases the energy absorbed by the rockets in a wave of rippling fire. It pours out of the sky from the ley line. The entire valley is bathed in heat and flames! Foliage catches fire, lightly armored and unarmored individuals are burned, and those even in sealed armor feel a sapping heat wave.

Xander for Luke, again
”It would appear the bio-wizard device is able to disperse direct fire. If my calculations are correct we have 8 seconds before the device has created a permanent foothold for the splugorth to send their forces through. Perhaps a large moving heavy object could provide enough crushing force to destroy it before the gateway is fully formed. Or if we could avoid its disintegrating tendrils, we could get close enough to interface with it and disable it...

It appears some of the black market operatives have risen after being killed by CS rockets... Facinating. Analyzing... Analyzing...
Zombies
13EDD1C4-65C4-4DA4-BDEE-B74F67440714.jpeg
13EDD1C4-65C4-4DA4-BDEE-B74F67440714.jpeg (48.8 KiB) Viewed 1292 times

Player directions:

Step 1 heat wave! Make a vigor at -2 roll to withstand the heat. See below for the result!
  • Are you in sealed armor? Failure results in a level of fatigue.
  • Armor not sealed? Failure results in a wound.
  • Immune to fire or heat? Make the vigor roll with no modifiers.
  • Immune to fire and heat? Carry on with no roll.
Step 2: Dramatic Task! Alexis’ Vehicle needs your Strength. Anyone participating in the dramatic task (Luke, Tsume, and Al so far) make a Strength roll with no modifier. You can take a MAP if you with to participate in combat as well. The group is at 8 successes out of 15, and this round 5 successes must be achieved. After this round, one more round will remain. Don’t forget right now only Luke, Tsume, Al are “grappled” with the vehicle. Want to join in? You will need to make a grapple check fighting. (Shooting or throwing would be fine if you are as awesome as Tsume :D )

Step 3: A Time for Heroes! 3rd round of combat is up! Players go first, followed by CS, BM, and the Zombies.

Map
F9F3DAF2-2D90-4BB6-B728-D15D25789700.jpeg
Big map
04F0E01F-DFCE-400D-82B6-5273C62422FF.jpeg
Map Round 3
Initiative
Alenys: 1d56 = 48: 48 10D
Antipas (LH): 1d56 = 33: 33 8C / 1d56 = 52: 52 AD
Azumi: 1d56 = 47: 47 9D
Luke: 1d56 = 17: 17 5H
Smith: 1d56 = 42: 42 4D
Tsume: 1d56 = 26: 26 AH

BMEn: 1d56 = 42: 42 4D
BMEx (BD): 1d56 = 32: 32 7C
Thug + GB: 1d56 = 5: 5 5S

MS (Giles): 1d56 = 15: 15 3H
PS: 1d56 = 23: 23 JH
Grunts: 1d56 = 27: 27 2C
DBs: 1d56 = 42: 42 4D

BWZs: 1d56 = 41: 41 3D
Bestiary of Baddies and Boogies
  • At the Black Market Camp:
    • Black Dow(WC): Cha: +2; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 11 (5) -2 to hit frome range Improved dodge, has an active set of TW goggles.
    • Thugs (1): Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (5)
    • Gun Brothers(2): Cha: −2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 24 (12) MDC (One is by Alexis' vehicle)
    • Bio-Wizard Zombies: (5). Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (5) And some other stuff.
  • Between the CS and the Black Market Camp:
    • Death Dealer Parsons (1 Wound)(WC): Cha: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 22 (8)(Currently has a vigor of d12+2 from his armor’s ability to absorb limited kinds of damage)
    • Rhinestone Rita (3 Wounds/Incapacitated): Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 9 (3)
  • CS on the other side:
    • Dog Boys: Cha: -2; Pace: 8; Parry: 6; Toughness 12 (5)
    • Grunts: Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 13 (6) Rocket Launchers in hand.
    • Psi-stalker: Cha: −2; Pace: 8; Parry: 7; Toughness: 13 (6)
    • Commander Giles(inside Mk I) (using UAR-I pilot stats): Cha: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 6; Toughness: 12 (6)
    • Mk I: Size 4, Acc/TS 15/60, Toughness 23 (12), Crew 1+3, Remaining Mods 0 Notes: All-Terrain, M.D.C. Armor, Stealth Plating and sound dampening engine, light vehicular railgun, Mini Missiles x2(Auto-Firing RoF 2)
Trouble Shooters GM Bennies: 5/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:07 pm

Set up
Vigor 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5

Knowlegde Arcana 1d4 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 10: 4

Generic Notice 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Antipas wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:07 pm
Set up
Vigor Original post: 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Wild Original post: 1d6-2 = 3: 5

Knowlegde Arcana Original post: 1d4 = 2: 2
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace Original post: 1d6+6 = 10: 4 Bennie for EE 1d6+10 = 14: 4

Generic Notice Original post: 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Wild Original post: 1d6+2 = 7: 5

Vigor from armor power to soak wound
Vigor 1d8-2 = 2: 4 Bennie for EE 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
As fire rains down and the two black market officers flee, Antipas stands unmoved and furious. The flames play over his clothes and skin threating to incinerate the Atlantean but his runes flare up to match the intensity until inferno abates. With Rita gone his quick fix was off the table and the CS missiles lack of effect led him to believe explosives wouldn't be much used either. When the charred thugs begin to rise as a bizarre breed of undead he's stumped at first, then he recalls a story told by a cellmate who'd encountered similar abominations on a splugroth ravaged world.

Switching back to the team channel: "I hope someone has a back up plan for that device, pretty sure bombs aren't the answer. Try using TK or electricity on the zombies"

Then the giant dog boy bursts out of the tent. Heh, just when ya think the fuckery is at peak.. Taking his own advice the undead slayer activates the large tattoo on his chest making his dagger sparks with electricity, zips around the device, and intercepts the two behind Azumi. ((southern most 2))
Combat
Action: Activate Exalted Smite on Nemisi 6 PPE: Electricity trapping, Move 12, Attack zombie (2 actions, MAP-2)
Modifiers Map -2
Tat Magic 1d8-2 = 3: 5 Bennie for EE 1d6+3 = 7: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1

Fighting 1d10-2 = 3: 5 Bennie for EE 1d6+3 = 4: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Unfortunately he mistimes his charge, the undead rising more slowly than Antipas expected and his swing goes wide.
Last edited by Antipas on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:54 pm

Strength This, Strength 6, 1 Success_
  • Strength 1d12+2 = 4: 2
  • Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
    Benny to Reroll
    Elan
  • Strength 1d12+4 = 5: 1
  • Wild 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Luke struggles against the vehicle being pulled out of his grasp. Intense as the struggle is, he decides to encourage the others to push it towards the ground quickly. "Alenys. Tsume. We need to get the vehicle to the ground NOW!"

Vigor That, Vigor 4, Success _
  • Vigor 1d8-2 = 1: 3
  • Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
    Benny for Reroll
    Elan
  • Vigor 1d8 = 4: 4
  • Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Luke begins running and using his strength to anchor himself, the vehicle, Alenys, and Tsume to the ground going down the slope. All the while trying to discharge the electric charge on the engine block of the Mountaineer.

Run It down, Don't Drive It, _
  • Pace 1d8+8 = 13: 5
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:20 pm

Adventure Card
Adrenline Surge
Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
<Xander, up the adreneals. We need this vehicle on the ground yesterday.> <Adreneals Maxed at 200%>

Strength Maxed, Strength 7, 1 Success _
  • Strength 1d12+2 = 7: 5
  • Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Luke pulls the Mountaineer closer to the ground. While he proceeds to drag the entire cluster down the slope towards the device.

Out Paced,
  • Pace 1d8+8 = 14: 6
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Tsume » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Setup
Step 1
heat wave! Make a vigor at -2 roll to withstand the heat. See below for the result!

Immune to fire and heat? Carry on with no roll!

Step 2: Dramatic Task! Alexis’ Vehicle needs your Strength.
Strength 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Benny for Extra Effort 1d6 = 6: 6
EE Ace 1d6 = 4: 4

Step 3: A Time for Heroes! 3rd round of combat is up!

No time for combat, gotta save the vehicle.

Notice 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Luke struggles against the vehicle being pulled out of his grasp. Intense as the struggle is, he decides to encourage the others to push it towards the ground quickly. "Alenys. Tsume. We need to get the vehicle to the ground NOW!"
Tsume hears Luke and yells out, "NYAAA! Gotta gyit it down!"

Tsume pulls with all her might. She looks a bit crazy, you'd almost think she might be wigged out on drugs or something. Maybe catnip or something? She doesn't even notice the gun brother helping or that it is watching her with it's cybernetic eye.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 13 ; Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Koshnek » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Fighting
Fighting 1d8 = 1: 1
Fighting 1d8 = 4: 4
The bio-wizard zombies moan hungrily as Antipas rushes to attack them. Their arms form into long, spike-tipped tentacles which they stab forward in an attempt to impale Antipas. The undead slayer is too quick or them, however, and he parries the tentacles deftly with Nemisi. When the spikes touch the electrified blade, the tentacles temporarily melt into metallic goop. One zombie's goop is quickly absorbed back into the zombies' form.

The second zombie is more grievously affected by the electrical current and falls to the ground. Some metal sloughs off him while in other places it remains solid. His meat and solid metal bits convulse on the ground.
Trouble Shooters GM Bennies: 5/6

User avatar
Azumi Archambault
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Azumi Archambault » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Set Up
Vigor to resist heat: 1d6-2 = 1: 3; Wild: 1d6-2 = 2: 4 EE: + 1d6 = 5: 5
Notice: 1d6 = 2: 2; Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2
Psionics (activation of Quickness on Antipas) 1d6 = 5: 5; Wild: 1d6 = 2: 2
Azumi barely holds her ground against the firestorm unleashed by the Ley-Line, but does it knowing she and her team cannot fail at their tasks. Hearing @Antipas speak of the zombies, watching them react unfavorably (for them) to his electricity, and knowing her incapability for summoning lightning, she jaunts her teammate as she lightly touches his shoulder:

"C'mon, Undead-Slayer, they weren't moving that fast - Give it another go, make it count this time."

And his form begins to blur slightly as his movement rate is doubled.
Black Dow wrote:He says matter of factly, ” Well down to business I suppose. A true Atlantean and a Cyber Knight. How do you know my real name? I thought I killed everyone who knew me as Black Wing.” His tone takes a on a slight hard edge of hatred, ”The Wing’s were losers. No one ever amounted to anything. I cut my ties with them long ago both figuratively and literally. How do you know me?”
"What matters now is that once again, everyone is dying around you." She motions to the zombies, keeping her guard up. "But there is no glory you can claim from this, no status you can add to your name. Only utter destruction. Look, Dow. I know you wanted better out of this job, and I know you can stop this from getting worse."
Persuasion roll, Success + Raise
Trait: 1d10+8 = 11: 3; Wild: 1d6+8 = 11: 3
Last edited by Azumi Archambault on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active Powers:
Lady Azumi Archambault
Human Cyber-Knight
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Statistics: Charisma 8, Pace 8, Parry 8, Toughness 14 (6), Strain 0
Skills: Fighting d10, Healing d6+2, Notice d6, Persuade d10+8, Psionics d6, Shooting d4, Stealth d10, Streetwise d8+8
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Wanted (Rogue Agent of the Coalition States)
Edges: Assassin, Champion, Charismatic, Connections (Black Market), Healer, Improved Frenzy, Minor Psionic, Scrounger, Strong Willed, Tricky Fighter and Very Attractive
Special Abilities: Cyber-Armor (+2 Toughness as Free Action), Cyberkinetic Combat (−2 to be hit by tech attacks), Psi-Sword (2d8+1d4, AP 6 or AP 2 w/ 2 blades), Right Behind Me (Choose any spot on map to start / Stealth roll = The Drop) [1st Rd only], +2 Common Knowledge with creating forgeries
Powers: Knight’s Inspiration [Boost Trait] (2 ISP), Preternatural Reflexes [Deflection] (2 ISP), Adrenaline Surge [Quickness] (4 ISP), Warrior’s Repose -from armor [Healing] (3 ISP)
Equipment: CK Medium Armor (+6 Arm, +1 TN, FEV, Healing), Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol (18/36/72, 2d6, AP2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), NG-L5 Laser Rifle (25/50/100, 3d6+2, AP 2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), TK Shield (+4 Armor vs Ranged Attacks, +2 Parry, 1 PPE per hour to activate), NG-S2 Survival Kit, Silver Cross, Green Stone of the Capitan, 600 crs.
XP: 0/5
EP: 2
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 7/10
Bennies: 7/3
Adventure Cards
  • #35: Seize the Day - Azumi acts as if she had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • #37: Villanious Verbosity - An opposing Wild Card loses his next action by gloating about his master plan.
Azumi's Character Sheet
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:08 pm

Gods damn it! He thinks as his slash misses the strange new undead before him. Then one of them gives him an opening to repost. The counter is just a quick stab to the shoulder but the mystic effect on his blade is enough to set the creature convulsing.
Azumi Archambault wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:36 pm
Set Up
Vigor to resist heat: Original post: 1d6-2 = 1: 3; Wild: Original post: 1d6-2 = 2: 4 EE: + Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5
Notice: Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2; Wild: Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2
Psionics (activation of Quickness on Antipas) Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5; Wild: Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2
Azumi barely holds her ground against the firestorm unleashed by the Ley-Line, but does it knowing she and her team cannot fail at their tasks. Hearing @Antipas speak of the zombies, watching them react unfavorably (for them) to his electricity, and knowing her incapability for summoning lightning, she jaunts her teammate as she lightly touches his shoulder:

C'mon, Undead-Slayer, they weren't moving that fast - Give it another go, make it count this time."

And his form begins to blur slightly as his movement rate is doubled.
Azumi's power flows into and thru him and he feels his neurons accelerate. With a grim smile when spins Nemisi into an underhand grip and drives in down into the skull of the stunned undead. Letting go he touches the smite rune with one hand and Azumi's psi blade with the other, lightning sparks from his hand onto her blade. "Have some fun yourself." He then snatches his knife from the collapsing zombies skull before it's body hits the ground and with a backhand sweep takes the remains of it's head off.
combat stuff Damage to shaken Zom 24 AP4
Mods -2 MAP
Fighting 1d10-2 = 4: 6
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6 Ace 1d6+4 = 10: 6 Ace! 1d6+10 = 12: 2
Damage 1d8+6 = 10: 4 2d6 = 8: 6, 2 Ace 1d6+18 = 22: 4
Raise damage 2d6+22 = 25: 2, 1 (Lose the second damage die)
Exalted Smite 6 PPE
Tat Magic 1d8-2 = 2: 4 Bennie for EE 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Last edited by Antipas on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Alenysturathe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:46 am

Strength 11
-1 Fatigue
Strength 1d12+3 = 11: 8
Wild 1d6-1 = 4: 5
Devil’s Gate
Afternoon
Round 0
OOC Comments
Alenysturathe is immune to fire and heat.
Alenysturathe didn’t have comms in her dragon form, so she didn’t get Azumi’s message about zombies, and she couldn’t see them in the glitter field. But that soon didn’t matter as the glitter field cleared and Rita and Parsons teleported away, leaving them with Black Dow -- who was apparently someone called Black Wing? -- and a few of the mercenary thugs. And, of course, the strange device messing with the ley line and a troop of Coalition soldiers.

The soldiers fire rockets into the camp, blowing up the mercenaries and the remaining zombie. Alenysturathe heard Rita scream. She and Parsons must not have gone far. And then the dead men were reforming in liquid metal and rising again.

“Oh, that isn’t good.”

It didn’t get any better when a monstrous dog boy broke free from the tent.

The invisible dragon still gripped the Mountaineer and she beat her wings powerfully against the altered gravity to try and force it down to the ground again so they could go and help the others.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
-1 Fatigue
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 5/10; PPE: 10/10
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 3/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 pm

Luke tries gauge the downward thrust contributed by Alenys, Tsume, and his Exosuit. When he feels the Mountaineer's weight he knows they have at least gotten it to the ground. Now to see if the polarity has been switched or neutralized.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Smith » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Running 11
Running 1d6 = 5: 5
Smith continues towards the device, running as fast as he can.

User avatar
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Koshnek » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:14 am

Time: afternoon
Ley line: yes one is near
Folks around: 77th, black market, coalition, bio wizard zombies
Combat type: quick combat
Loot so far
4 items like light armor, or light weapon with a minor or major mod are found near the top of the hill where the vehicle was initially grappled by Luke, Tsume, and Al. They seem to be hooked onto a root system of a now dead carniverious plant.
Black Dow Picture
31E1F008-5F1C-41FB-AFF4-3859ACE16F6E.jpeg
Just another day Despite Alexis’ mountaineer being trucked halfway down the hillside, the splurgoth biowizard device emits an eardrum shattering scream that deafens the valley. Something special is about to happen! Black Dow conks his head clearing the temporary disability and watches the heroes at work.

He frowns and nods to his men, knowing which side to back. ”Help those legionaries and watch their backside, or I’ll gut you where you stand.”

The remaining thugs and bioborgs hop to it, wanting to please Black Dow less than they want to help real heroes. Near the black market command tent, the hulking, black dog boy smacks his lips and gives a howl, hitting his face several times with his paws.

Black Dow scowls, ” Someone put Reggie down, damn Gene-Splicers... Fucking dog has lost his mind.”

Meanwhile, the CS rush to action, firing weapons and prepping their main vehicular rail gun, as they are wont to make life just that more difficult.

The commander yells across the valley, ”Fire everything!”

Off to the side, a good 90 feet and hidden behind some brush and trees, Parsons, the black market dealer of death, finally meets a death he never wanted.

He yells while grabbing at Rita’s limp body, ”Noooo! Hang on baby, I know a medicine man 10 clicks from here. We’ll get you all better. Stay with me baby.”
Directions for players, Click Me
Below is narrative for each player for you to RP off in how you resolve the quick combat. More or less everyone can see everything happening. There are some obvious scenes like a conversation in the CS vehicle or Luke’s computer talking to him that not everyone would be privy to. But other than those few exceptions everyone is aware of everything else happening essentially simultaneously. We rolled randomly to see what if anything interesting happened using the action cards from freedom squad. Everyone can sort of see each other but just you are in the position to do something about the included challenge.

Notes:
  • Want to switch with someone? Sure, just make sure it is mutual and switch it up!
  • Adventure cards can be played for a +2 to your roll.
Player Directions:
  • Make your skill roll of choice at the scene’s penalty (need some bennies see below). Unless noted, the TN is 4 and a raise is 8.
    • Benny bonanza: Want an extra benny? Incorporate 1 or more hindrances into the narrative, taking a -1 for a minor and -2 for majors. These can be drawn from your IF or your own personal hindrances. More than 1 can be used to gain multiple bennies.
  • Craft your narrative using your skill in response to the general and specific GM post.
    • Results: wounds may be soaked as normal.
      • Critical failure: 1d4 wounds and 1 roll on the experience & wisdom HJ table... This could result in everyone taking 1d4 wounds depending on who crit fails.
      • Failure: 1 wound.
      • Success: bumps and bruises level of fatigue.
      • Raise: Unscathed.
        • Optional: some bio wizard goop lands on you giving you a metallic natural attack of 1d6, or if you have a natural attack, it raises the damage dealt by 1 die type. Downside: you are forever more a bio wizard creation gaining -2 to Cha vs those that care about such things, and in some cases -4 CHA.

Al’s big day with a medium sized rail gun
Inside the Mark I CS vehicle.

Gunner Matthews lines up his next big red target.

Target acquired. The radar is doing its job. Just on top of the floating vehicle. A beast just as red killed my mother. Now its payback.

The banging on the entrance hatch grows louder, reaching a furious crescendo. The gunner lets in the anxious psi-stalker and grins at his comrade's sense of unbridled panic. ” Want to take a shot at the dragon? Sounds like you got as much as a beef as me.”

The stalker slinks into an empty chair shaking his head no. The bald headed stalker’s voice is raspy, ” No... No... The first days of the war were plagued with a great red dragon. The Red Rager we called him. One of the kings of Freehold he was. Awoke and killed so many in so short of time. He would battle until he himself was nearly overcome then retreat only to come forth again with more fury. We were little match for him.”

The stalker gulps reliving some horrid memory, ”I... I... I don’t know if he grew bored, or angry at the other kings of Freehold... Or perhaps too wounded to continue but he never took the field again.”

The stalker wipes the sweat from his face and points to the image on the gunners screen of Al, ” If I didn’t know better, I would say we were looking at his daughter.”

The gunner laughs, determined to add a dragon to his kill count, ” Still has you quaking in your boots eh? No matter I’ll turn it into red mist.”

The gunner looks at his targeting scanner as it locks onto big red.

He darkly chuckles, ” Got you now. Today you’ll remember my name. First class gunner’s mate Matthews.”


The rail gun turret spins around opening fire on the area near Al. Thousands of rounds of depleted uranium pound the ground as the targeting systems lock onto the invisible dragon. Fortunately, luck is on Al’s side and one of the black market thugs steps in between her and the railgun rounds. The thug seem to have some kind of energy field that just makes the heavy rounds bounce off. Then the big ole rail gun seizes up malfunctioning.

The blackmarket thug grins at Al. He is wearing a pair of TW goggles that are glowing softly. ”Black Dow says you got a job to do, I got your back... The name is Timmy.”

After a heart beat, a flurry of mini missiles launch and seem to be heading for the dragon.

The thug chuckles, ” Missiles eh? Ok then. Seems like these coalition folks are playing for keeps. We got to take out that rail gun before they repair it!”

While not as armor piercing as a medium vehicular railgun, the missiles might still pack a punch.

Total scene modifier +2
TN:4.
Choose any skill to resolve.
OOC Comments
Bit of luck +2
You are a dragon +2 1d6 = 5: 5
Luke send in the destructo disk
Xander chimes in the suit, ” Luke, the vehicle is under your control. The device is nearing maximum entropy. Warning... At this point, the device may be able to absorb massive amounts of energy. If say a nuclear bomb were used to take it out, it would have adverse and unexpected effects. Everyone could become a zombie in North America... The permanent foot hold is nearly formed. We have approximately six seconds to destroy the device. Good luck.”

Unexpectedly, the engine block of Alexis’ vehicle starts glowing white hot.

Xander issues a shrill warning, ” Warning... It may be too late to use the vehicle in any meaningful way. I did not detect it until now, but the device is emitting a low level particle wave at the vehicle. It cannot be random, someone is controlling it from the other side! It has destabilized the rare extra terrestrial element that was used in the vehicles construction, beryllium if I am not mistaken... The vehicle is going critical and our armor will not be able to withstand the explosion!”

Xander paused, recalculating, ” Furthermore, one piece of critical... Zttsshhh... Zitsshhh”

Xander was cut off by a transmission burst of unknown power coming from the device.

Luke hears through his headset the eerily familiar voice of Doctor Vanto'o, ”Luke... Luke... Yes... Stop what you are doing Luke. Splynncryth has promised a restoration of our species. He found the being responsible. Stop Luke before you doom us all!”

Scene modifier -2 (-2 normal mod)
TN:8, choose any skill to solve this task.

Enemy leader roll: 1d10 = 8: 8 wild 1d6 = 1: 1
1d6 = 2: 2
Smith sees the failsafe
A couple months ago...
Captain Claude looks at Smith in a small briefing room in castle refuge. He glances as his file held in his hand flipping through a couple of pages, and then looks at Smith again. The only other person in the room is a small polished man with a black jumpsuit and flowing red cape: Gerald Bison. Captain Claude coughs, clearing his throat.

His voice is strong and his words carry the force of his noble heart, ” Smith. You come highly recommended. Accolades from Isiah Comstock, Serena Stargazer, and Captain Lumkiss.”

He sets the file down on the table and slides a small computer chip over to Smith, ” My sources tell me the black market is in bed with the Splurgoth. Maybe through a third party, or maybe not. My sources also tell me an Altero device has been shipped from Splynn to destinations unknown.” He taps his finger on the chip, ” You do not get to be my age without knowing how to count to four. I can feel that the end game for the Splurgorth is now... I need time, I need someone to infiltrate the black market and stop the device from activating. Someone with your skills should do fine. All the details are on this chip.”

The smaller man in the room (Gerald Bison) flips his cape, his voice his low and serious, ”You should tell him...”

Captain Claude shakes his head, ” I doubt that nightmare scenario will come to pass. But if the device is activated it has a failsafe... Even if destroyed, the failsafe will activate exploding with the force of several hundred of those coalition nuclear devices... Its located...”


Captain Claude’s nightmare has come to fruition. The device's tentacles are swirling around furiously threatening to disintegrate anything they touch. In fact, large swathes of vegetation have already been destroyed. You can see the failsafe, but its too bad captain Claude never told you anything about how to stop the tentacles because being disintegrated would turn your smile upside down.

Scene modifier : -4 (-2 normal, -2 interference)
TN 4
OOC Comments
1d6 = 3: 3 interferance
Azumi dances with the CS
The hill up to the CS is covered in vegetation, small shrubs and the occasional tree. The ground is a bit unstable as if covered with bits of slate that crack and break as you quickly move to engage the CS troops. While perhaps not the elite of the CS, the troopers are well trained and commanded. The CS troops spring into action. The grunts swap out rocket launchers for hi pitched vibro blades. Each blade glints in the afternoon sunlight as if it has a vein of silver running through it. The CS commander Giles has stepped out of the Mark I ATV (She can see a large trailer is being pulled behind it) letting the terrified Psi-Stalker seek shelter inside it. He astutely assesses Azumi as a primary target, forgetting the dragon for the moment.

He shout to his men, ”Cyberknight, remember your training. Captain Llyboc has put his faith in us! Tolkeen Two, upon my command... Now!”

Faster than Azumi can act the CS troopers all activate spring loaded gauntlets that fire an electrified net at Azumi. Maybe one net might be a minor inconvenience but six of them hamper her efforts to end the CS threat.

Commander Giles chortles, loving a good expose as much as the next near villain, ”No hard feelings Cyberknight ah? Captain Llyboc would love another knight to test on, we already found one subject of a non earth origin I am sure he would love something more familiar... Maybe Gunny will take down that dragon too...” He shrugs like it doesn’t even matter at this point.

Giles pauses looking at the device at the bottom of the ravine with a small gleeful frown, ”Already called in an air strike, I suppose I need to let them know its time to drop their payload. Hopefully they brought something special... I am ready to die as are my men. We are heroes of humanity. What about you knight?”

His eyes twinkle and Azumi knows full well by what he means as special. He begins to draw his long range radio in villain fashion giving Azumi half a chance...

This close to the Mk I you notice it is definitely custom, looks like some kind of radar absorbent panels are on its hull, as well as some extra plating that you don’t normally see. It also has a medium vehicular rail gun, and 4 mini missile launchers. Plus it is pulling a large enclosed trailer.

Scene modifier: -4 (-2 normal, -2 interference)
Choose your skill to deal with the threat of the CS and their impending nuclear strike.
Thing that happens: 1d6 = 4: 4
antipas thrilling zombie fun fun go go time

The Zombies morph, pulling their metallic form this way and that way. In a matter of moments the two zombies shapeshift through a variety of forms preparing for something. Forming a limpid pool one moment and then a humanoid form the next. Then a solid spike 10 feet tall, and then back to a pool. They finally form back into the their metallic dead shambling form of the black market thugs. Then they shimmer briefly... The two remaining morph into four, and those four morph into 8. Soon Antipas is well surrounded.

One of Black Dow’s gunbrother bioborg bodyguards quickly joins Antipas in defensive mode, wielding twin vibro blades now enchanted with electrical sparks and arcs. Black Dow steps forward as well joining Antipas.

Dow grimly nods his eye twitching as he reconciled switching sides, ”Ok, you know my real name. It seems like we backed the wrong side here. But we are with you now. And...” Dow produces a small device, a transparent green cylinder with some kind of electrical bird inside it, ”A Thunder Duck... Despite what some may say we do not take a job without some modicum of research into what we are involved in. There are some worlds that have rebuffed the effects of the Altero Device. Those populated with this bird.”

He releases the creature which hops immediately onto the shoulder of the Undead Slayer. It looks vaguely like an earth duck if the duck was a creature mostly made of blue flickering electricity. When it extends its wings electricity arcs between them charging the air so that the hairs on the back of Antipas’ neck stand on end. A wisp of blue lightning juts out from the creatures head into Antipas’. It tingles for a moment, and Antipas can feel some kind of connection form to the Thunder Duck.

Black Dow grins pulling out his tw pistol, ”Fitting no? Lets get this done.”

The Zombies form deadly spikes and come at you!

Scene Modifier: +2(-2, +4 for double jackpot)
Use any skill to get out of the jam.
Double Jackpot: Thunder Duck Animal Companion!
Essentially the Beast Master Edge is gained:
Attributes: Agility d12+1, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6; Pace: 2; Parry: 7; Toughness: 5
Fighting d8, Notice d8, Shooting d6
Special Abilities
  • More Elemental than bird: No additional damage from called shots;
  • Loyal beyond compare: Fearless;
  • Immune to disease and poison.
  • Born in the elemental plane: Invulnerability: Thunder Ducks are immune to all non-magical attacks, but suffer 1d6 damage when doused in at least a gallon of water, +2 per additional gallon.
  • Electric Touch: Str+d6; chance of catching electrical fire.
  • Electric Strike: Thunder Ducks can project an electrical arc blast using the Cone Template. Characters within the cone must beat the ducks Shooting roll with Agility or suffer 2d10 damage, plus the chance of catching electrical fire.
  • Rebirth: If a Thunder Duck is killed, it explodes into electrical energy filling a Medium Burst Template. Creatures within the Template suffer 2d10 damage and have a chance of catching fire. During the explosion, the body of the thunder duck turns into an small blue jewel. A new thunder duck hatches 2d6 days later.
    Flight: Thunder Ducks have a Flying Pace of 12” and a Climb of 3”.
507E2C7F-F829-4A5D-B1B5-B399B53A5A15.jpeg
Interesting things, player requested two rolls: 2d6 = 12: 6, 6
Tsume meets a dog

The gigantic hulk of dog boy swings his twisted metal bar and roars into the night, spittle spraying from his jowls, "Rrriita!" Apparently, seeing the rift runner nearly blown to bits by a rocket as she tried to escape sent him over the edge.

He leaps forward and begins knocking the nearest zombies about with his pole. Metallic zombie goo sprays all around the camp. The dog boy cleaves one zombie in two, spraying zombie goop onto Tsume: his real target. Finally making it to her, his pole freezes over and his breath steams out of him. He sniffs the air narrows his eyes and growls deep and guttural, ”Andre...”

"Come here, kitty," he taunts as he stomps towards her, brandishing his makeshift frost club menacingly.

Unfortunately for Tsume, the goop from the few zombies is far from simply disgusting. It senses the life within her and begins to multiply excitedly, seeking an open wound or an orifice to enter her body and turn her into a zombie! If she doesn't act quickly, she might very well find herself becoming one of the creatures she's fighting.

Especially if the hulking dog boy smashes her to pieces.

Scene modifier: -4 (-2 normal, -2 interference)
Use any skill of choice to subdue the dog boy (while wrestling with bio-wizard zombie goop).
Interesting thing 1d6 = 4: 4

Adventure cards can be played to give a +2 bonus.
Trouble Shooters GM Bennies: 5/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:05 am

Koshnek wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:14 am
Antipas thrilling zombie fun fun go go time
The Zombies morph, pulling their metallic form this way and that way. In a matter of moments the two zombies shapeshift through a variety of forms preparing for something. Forming a limpid pool one moment and then a humanoid form the next. Then a solid spike 10 feet tall, and then back to a pool. They finally form back into the their metallic dead shambling form of the black market thugs. Then they shimmer briefly... The two remaining morph into four, and those four morph into 8. Soon Antipas is well surrounded.

One of Black Dow’s gunbrother bioborg bodyguards quickly joins Antipas in defensive mode, wielding twin vibro blades now enchanted with electrical sparks and arcs. Black Dow steps forward as well joining Antipas.

Dow grimly nods his eye twitching as he reconciled switching sides, ”Ok, you know my real name. It seems like we backed the wrong side here. But we are with you now. And...” Dow produces a small device, a transparent green cylinder with some kind of electrical bird inside it, ”A Thunder Duck... Despite what some may say we do not take a job without some modicum of research into what we are involved in. There are some worlds that have rebuffed the effects of the Altero Device. Those populated with this bird.”

He releases the creature which hops immediately onto the shoulder of the Undead Slayer. It looks vaguely like an earth duck if the duck was a creature mostly made of blue flickering electricity. When it extends its wings electricity arcs between them charging the air so that the hairs on the back of Antipas’ neck stand on end. A wisp of blue lightning juts out from the creatures head into Antipas’. It tingles for a moment, and Antipas can feel some kind of connection form to the Thunder Duck.

Black Dow grins pulling out his tw pistol, ”Fitting no? Lets get this done.”

The Zombies form deadly spikes and come at you!

Scene Modifier: +2(-2, +4 for double jackpot)
Use any skill to get out of the jam.
Double Jackpot: Thunder Duck Animal Companion!
Essentially the Beast Master Edge is gained:
Attributes: Agility d12+1, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6Pace: 6; Parry: 7; Toughness: 5
Special Abilities
[*]More Elemental than bird: No additional damage from called shots;
[*]Loyal beyond compare: Fearless;
[*]Immune to disease and poison.
[*]Born in the elemental plane: Invulnerability: Thunder Ducks are immune to all non-magical attacks, but suffer 1d6 damage when doused in at least a gallon of water, +2 per additional gallon.
[*]Electric Touch: Str+d6; chance of catching electrical fire.
[*]Electric Strike: Thunder Ducks can project an electrical arc blast using the Cone Template. Characters within the cone must beat the ducks Shooting roll with Agility or suffer 2d10 damage, plus the chance of catching electrical fire.

Interesting things, player requested two rolls: Original post: 2d6 = 12: 6, 6
Zombie Stomp time! Success with a raise.
Fighting 1d10+2 = 9: 7
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2

The bird alights on Antipas' shoulders and bonds with him. Don't lecture me on collateral damage, like the other Thunder Duck I know, we'll get along fine he thinks to it as their minds link. Looking at the black marketer like he's the dumbest being ever encountered "Knowing what it is you still trafficked in it?.. " With a gruff disgusted sigh the Atlantean turns to get to work, his enchanted blade carving a sparking swath thru the strange undead. His movements made a blur from Azumi's enchantment. The blades of the undead mostly fail to do more than cut up his freshly repaired clothing, sliding without effect across his alchemically treated flesh. Occasionally a solid hit is scored on the undead slayer, but his runes flare every time, and Antipas goes unscathed through the battle.
Blue.jpg
Blue.jpg (69.17 KiB) Viewed 859 times
His new friend flits around confusing the zomborgs that get near to him, adding to the chaos his jinx effect causes leading to several getting jumbled up together. You more look like a raptor, why do they call you thunder duc.. With a mighty "zzQUACKzz!" a spray of electricity showers over them leaving only smoking metal and charred flesh behind. Looking over the destruction wrought by his pet Oh, Nice! You're my boy, Blue! Protect the guy in the stupid hat but it's cool if you "accidentally" zap his abomination of a bodyguard
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:58 am

Luke send in the destructo disk
Xander chimes in the suit, ” Luke, the vehicle is under your control. The device is nearing maximum entropy. Warning... At this point, the device may be able to absorb massive amounts of energy. If say a nuclear bomb were used to take it out, it would have adverse and unexpected effects. Everyone could become a zombie in North America... The permanent foot hold is nearly formed. We have approximately six seconds to destroy the device. Good luck.”

Unexpectedly, the engine block of Alexis’ vehicle starts glowing white hot.

Xander issues a shrill warning, ” Warning... It may be too late to use the vehicle in any meaningful way. I did not detect it until now, but the device is emitting a low level particle wave at the vehicle. It cannot be random, someone is controlling it from the other side! It has destabilized the rare extra terrestrial element that was used in the vehicles construction, beryllium if I am not mistaken... The vehicle is going critical and our armor will not be able to withstand the explosion!”

Xander paused, recalculating, ” Furthermore, one piece of critical... Zttsshhh... Zitsshhh”

Xander was cut off by a transmission burst of unknown power coming from the device.

Luke hears through his headset the eerily familiar voice of Doctor Vanto'o, ”Luke... Luke... Yes... Stop what you are doing Luke. Splynncryth has promised a restoration of our species. He found the being responsible. Stop Luke before you doom us all!”

Scene modifier -2 (-2 normal mod)
TN:8, choose any skill to solve this task.

Enemy leader roll: Original post: 1d10 = 8: 8 wild Original post: 1d6 = 1: 1
Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2
Vow(Minor) _
Luke's Hippocratic Oath says to leave a world better than you found it.
Hindrance Minor -1
Luke is fuming beneath his faceplate. Mentally he does what he can to take control of his suit, realizing that Xander may very well be off line for a while.

Using the same signal that the Doctor's message was transmitted in on, Luke messages back with data from his personal database.

Draugr Sea Witch Necro.jpg

"This figure right here is Tordis. A Draugr Sea Witch. A Temporal Wizard. An agent of Splyncrnn."

"She lured the infant and coaxed the mother to follow."

"If you have forgotten how badly the Splurgoth wanted In'Vadlia, then I can understand why you just fold."

Luke feels bad for the Doctor and thinks that he is most likely acting against his own will.


With the Mountaneer on the ground, Luke climbs in through the side hatch. Without Xander movement is a bit sluggish but still manegable. Getting to the driver's seat Luke wills the nanites of his suit to disperse to the back of the vehicle.

As the sea of nanites heads through the passenger bay, through the cargo bay, Luke uses them to activate the cases of HE grenades that Antipas acquired before leaving Refuge.

The nanite swarm flows out of the back of the vehicle and begins to swarm the bio borg "assistant". Flicking on the PA system for the vehicle and making a few minor tweaks, Luke amplifies several times.
Curiosity and Quirk _
Hindrance -3
Even if Xander can't hear him, Luke talks to him like he is still there. <Never say that something can't be done.>

Bio Borg Assimilation, K/Engineering 32 (TN 8, success, 6 raises) _
TN 8

Scene Modifier -2
Hindrance Modifiers -4

Elan +2
Adventure Card Played +2
Scholar's Edge +2
Hero's Journey +1
  • K/Engineering 1d10-3 = 7: 10
  • Aced! K/Engineering 1d10+7 = 15: 8
  • Wild 1d6-3 = 1: 4
  • Extra Effort 1d6 = 6: 6
  • Aced! EE 1d6+6 = 12: 6
  • Super Aced! EE 1d6+12 = 17: 5
The bio-borg who is holding onto the back of the Mountaineer finds himself adhered to the back of the vehicle. The nanite swarm has begin integrating his flesh into the vehicle. Their efficiency at dissasembling and reassembling is frightening. All the pumps, filters, and mechanical features are soon integrated into the Mountaineer.

As the bio-borg becomes one with the Mountaineer, Luke remarks to himself Gene-splicers and their bio-borgs. They never change the recipe.

Luke finds the switch for the water pump on the windshield wipers and alters the pump to spray the entire fluid contents in Tsume's direction. Hoping that Tsume got the hint to let go, he opens the public address system.

Struggling for breathe,

To Alenys, in Dragonese _
Linguist 1 of 10 languages

"Alenys, listen to me."

Still breathing heavy.

"I need you to drop the Mountaineer onto the vehicle at the edge of the valley."

Raspy breathe. A bit of silence.

"I will not be able to take you to your mother, I am afraid."

There is a gurgling and a struggling for breathe. [The nanites return to Luke and begin reforming his suit.] Suddenly the breathing is less labored.

"Looks like I will miss finding your father as well."
The PA system cuts out and Luke holds onto the wheel. Flipping switches he locks the doors and hatches. Taking his laser pistol out he switches it over to ion wave. and directs it at the device. Anything to try and disrupt the current beam.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Alenysturathe » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:07 am

Shooting 6
+2 scene modifier, -1 fatigue
Shooting 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Devil’s Gate
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe blinked as the railgun fire started to spatter around her, striking the Mountaineer, and then the Black Market man named Timmy. Who could see her. As could the gunner. Damn, her magic wasn’t strong enough!

“Thank you, Timmy. But be careful!” Alenys said as missiles started to come at them.

"Alenys, listen to me," came Luke’s raspy voice, breathing heavily. "I need you to drop the Mountaineer onto the vehicle at the edge of the valley." His breath rasped again and then silence before, "I will not be able to take you to your mother, I am afraid." There was a gurgling and a struggling for breath. "Looks like I will miss finding your father as well."

“Luke? You okay?” Alenysturathe asked, though she didn’t have comms. “I can do that.” She looked at Timmy. “You ready?” Her invisible claws gripped Timmy in one hand and the Mountaineer in the other and she took off into the air. She swept over to the vehicle Luke had indicated and dropped the Mountaineer, then curled around in flight. The invisible dragon shot flaming death from her jaws, soaking the Coalition vehicle with the railgun in napalm. Then she landed with a thud that shook the ground and used her claws to peel back the twisted metal of the roof of the vehicle and peer inside. Timmy filled the vehicle with laser fire, and Alenys followed with more dragonfire.

“Is that good?” Alenys asked.

“As gravy.” Timmy grinned.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
-1 Fatigue
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 5/10; PPE: 10/10
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 3/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Tsume » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Koshnek wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:14 am
Time: afternoon
Ley line: yes one is near
Folks around: 77th, black market, coalition, bio wizard zombies
Combat type: quick combat
Directions for players, Click Me
Below is narrative for each player for you to RP off in how you resolve the quick combat. More or less everyone can see everything happening. There are some obvious scenes like a conversation in the CS vehicle or Luke’s computer talking to him that not everyone would be privy to. But other than those few exceptions everyone is aware of everything else happening essentially simultaneously. We rolled randomly to see what if anything interesting happened using the action cards from freedom squad. Everyone can sort of see each other but just you are in the position to do something about the included challenge.

Notes:
  • Want to switch with someone? Sure, just make sure it is mutual and switch it up!
  • Adventure cards can be played for a +2 to your roll.
Player Directions:
  • Make your skill roll of choice at the scene’s penalty (need some bennies see below). Unless noted, the TN is 4 and a raise is 8.
    • Benny bonanza: Want an extra benny? Incorporate 1 or more hindrances into the narrative, taking a -1 for a minor and -2 for majors. These can be drawn from your IF or your own personal hindrances. More than 1 can be used to gain multiple bennies.
  • Craft your narrative using your skill in response to the general and specific GM post.
    • Results: wounds may be soaked as normal.
      • Critical failure: 1d4 wounds and 1 roll on the experience & wisdom HJ table... This could result in everyone taking 1d4 wounds depending on who crit fails.
      • Failure: 1 wound.
      • Success: bumps and bruises level of fatigue.
      • Raise: Unscathed.
        • Optional: some bio wizard goop lands on you giving you a metallic natural attack of 1d6, or if you have a natural attack, it raises the damage dealt by 1 die type. Downside: you are forever more a bio wizard creation gaining -2 to Cha vs those that care about such things, and in some cases -4 CHA.

Tsume meets a dog
The gigantic hulk of dog boy swings his twisted metal bar and roars into the night, spittle spraying from his jowls, "Rrriita!" Apparently, seeing the rift runner nearly blown to bits by a rocket as she tried to escape sent him over the edge.

He leaps forward and begins knocking the nearest zombies about with his pole. Metallic zombie goo sprays all around the camp. The dog boy cleaves one zombie in two, spraying zombie goop onto Tsume: his real target. Finally making it to her, his pole freezes over and his breath steams out of him. He sniffs the air narrows his eyes and growls deep and guttural, ”Andre...”

"Come here, kitty," he taunts as he stomps towards her, brandishing his makeshift frost club menacingly.

Unfortunately for Tsume, the goop from the few zombies is far from simply disgusting. It senses the life within her and begins to multiply excitedly, seeking an open wound or an orifice to enter her body and turn her into a zombie! If she doesn't act quickly, she might very well find herself becoming one of the creatures she's fighting.

Especially if the hulking dog boy smashes her to pieces.
OOC Comments
Scene modifier: -4 (-2 normal, -2 interference)
Use any skill of choice to subdue the dog boy (while wrestling with bio-wizard zombie goop).
Interesting thing Original post: 1d6 = 4: 4

Adventure cards can be played to give a +2 bonus.
rolly things
fighting 1d12 = 11: 11
wild 1d6 = 4: 4
"Nyaaa, nyaa, nyaa." Tsume starts to panic a bit as she is covered in the zombie goop. The goop pokes her but fails to make a opening in her skin. She looks over at the raging dogboy who is making his way towards her with a "frost" club. "Nyaaaaa." There was something about this dogboy. Like she ran into him before. Taking a moment to get a good look at him, yup it was Boomer that had chased her all around the blackmarket earlier.
Luke wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:58 am

The bio-borg who is holding onto the back of the Mountaineer finds himself adhered to the back of the vehicle. The nanite swarm has begin integrating his flesh into the vehicle. Their efficiency at dissasembling and reassembling is frightening. All the pumps, filters, and mechanical features are soon integrated into the Mountaineer.

As the bio-borg becomes one with the Mountaineer, Luke remarks to himself Gene-splicers and their bio-borgs. They never change the recipe.

Luke finds the switch for the water pump on the windshield wipers and alters the pump to spray the entire fluid contents in Tsume's direction. Hoping that Tsume got the hint to let go, he opens the public address system.
Boomer comes in for a pounding hit on Tsume at the same time the fluid from the water pump was sprayed at her. She jumps out of the way at the last second as the dogboy makes a large dent in the ground where she was standing. The fluid, with anti freeze properties, covers Boomer and his "frost" club. Then the "frost" club proceeds to defrost as temperature needed to keep it as ice decreases.

Tsume thinks, "Damn, That was close. Wait? What just happened." Tsume finds herself in the mindspace. That place she goes when that thing happens.

Tsume demeanor seems to have sudden changed as she jumped out of the way of being smashed. She looks more serious. Actually she looks like an emotionless killer to be more specific. She makes note of goop that is failing to make entire into her body.

Who ever is in charge now says, "Andre you say?"

Boomer is more ticked off since his ice powers seem to be compromised at the moment. He comes at Tsume some more but she uses her awesome cat light reflexes and her high level of fighting skills to dance around his smashes. She start leading the dance so he starts smashing up the bio-zombies instead of her. After a bit, Boomer starts to tire and slow down. He stops and rests on his club.

She looks over at the bird zapping the zombie. She pulls some of the annoying bio metal off herself and flings it at the bird. *ZAAAP* the metal falls to the ground, inert. The bird seems a bit annoyed at her as it flies straight at her with all it's electrical might. *ZAAAAAAAAAP* The bio metal falls off her to the ground and she looks a little worse for wear.
Last edited by Tsume on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 13 ; Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Stoic » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:24 pm

Psionics
Psionics 1d10-3 = -1: 2
Wild Die 1d6-3 = 2: 5
Extra Efford 1d6 = 2: 2
Smith finally gets close to the machine and he spots the failsafe. The machine, while temporarily stopped, is putting off an immense amount of heat. holy hell Smith thinks. He grabs his shirt with his mind, causing it to seemingly rips open of its own accord. His chest and stomach glisten with sweat, which also stings his eyes. He wipes it away and ties his shirt around his head as a makeshift bandana. He closes his eyes, reaching deep into his own mind and unlocking the ability to communicate with machinery. Machinery... he thinks, and for some odd reason, his thoughts go back to that camera they used for him and the Grackletooth, Striker. His sudden knowledge of the machine is perfect and he reaches out and pulls just the exact wire...and then he passes out, exhausted from the effort. He lies there, half naked the head dissipating as the machine winds down.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Azumi Archambault
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Azumi Archambault » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:45 pm

Watching the Commander up the hill direct his troops spurs Azumi to directly engage before the Deadboys atomize her and her companions. She sprints up the hill, her sparking blade trailing behind her, her face sculpted into a visage of concentration behind her faceplate.
Commander Giles wrote:He shouts to his men, ”Cyberknight, remember your training. Captain Llyboc has put his faith in us! Tolkeen Two, upon my command... Now!”

Faster than Azumi can act the CS troopers all activate spring loaded gauntlets that fire an electrified net at Azumi. Maybe one net might be a minor inconvenience but six of them hamper her efforts to end the CS threat.
The Cyber-Knight flurries against the nets with all of her capabilities in tow, but finds herself in a compromised position, the shocking nets sending razors of pain through her muscles. Every movement forward requires herculean effort.
Commander Giles wrote:Commander Giles chortles, loving a good expose as much as the next near villain, ”No hard feelings Cyber-knight ah? Captain Llyboc would love another knight to test on, we already found one subject of a non-earth origin I am sure he would love something more familiar... Maybe Gunny will take down that dragon too...” He shrugs like it doesn’t even matter at this point.
Captain Lyboc. Interesting...Not a common surname. I wonder if there's a relation?

Azumi struggles against the netting, sparks of electricity knifing through her. She’s going to have to figure out another way forward.
Commander Giles wrote:Giles pauses looking at the device at the bottom of the ravine with a small gleeful frown, ”Already called in an air strike, I suppose I need to let them know its time to drop their payload. Hopefully they brought something special... I am ready to die as are my men. We are heroes of humanity. What about you knight?”

His eyes twinkle and Azumi knows full well by what he means as special. He begins to draw his long range radio in villain fashion giving Azumi half a chance...
Her eyes grow wide behind her helmet. This whole region will be overrun, gone. She perseverates, recalling the effect of the explosions against the bio-wizard machine and zombies. She looks back at her team, Luke and Alenys struggling with the mountaineer, Tsume and Antipas in the fray with the zombies. The thought of them perishing in a “special” bomb blast distressing her. She turns back to the officer.

“Giles, you’re obviously doing well for yourself. Commander of a covert operations unit. Networked enough to be assigned “the football” for heavy air support. You’ve probably worked hard to build your OER for this year, always vying for the next top block rating from your boss.”

In simultaneous motion, she deactivates her psi-blade and retracts her helmet as it automatically ratchets back behind her collar. Her azure eyes meet the Commander’s through his visor.

“1st Lieutenant Azumi Hinette Archambault. Service Number 190710-Delta -Romeo. Officially assigned as Aide-de-camp to Colonel Thadius Lyboc. Lead Asset on OPERATION SWORDBREAKER in actuality. Currently, target 13 on BOLO Order One-Alpha. Commander, bring me in alive and I bet you’ll end up with a star or two on your collar.”

She looks back over her shoulder, steals one last look at her teammates, and concludes:

“Drop that bomb, and all that work you’ve put in your career goes up in radioactive fire. Bring your men home. Take that next rank.”
Disadvantaged
Loyal, Heroic, Wanted (CS) -5
Don't drop the bomb, Giles!
Persuade Roll: 1d10-1 = 6: 7; Wild: 1d6-1 = 4: 5
Active Powers:
Lady Azumi Archambault
Human Cyber-Knight
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Statistics: Charisma 8, Pace 8, Parry 8, Toughness 14 (6), Strain 0
Skills: Fighting d10, Healing d6+2, Notice d6, Persuade d10+8, Psionics d6, Shooting d4, Stealth d10, Streetwise d8+8
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Wanted (Rogue Agent of the Coalition States)
Edges: Assassin, Champion, Charismatic, Connections (Black Market), Healer, Improved Frenzy, Minor Psionic, Scrounger, Strong Willed, Tricky Fighter and Very Attractive
Special Abilities: Cyber-Armor (+2 Toughness as Free Action), Cyberkinetic Combat (−2 to be hit by tech attacks), Psi-Sword (2d8+1d4, AP 6 or AP 2 w/ 2 blades), Right Behind Me (Choose any spot on map to start / Stealth roll = The Drop) [1st Rd only], +2 Common Knowledge with creating forgeries
Powers: Knight’s Inspiration [Boost Trait] (2 ISP), Preternatural Reflexes [Deflection] (2 ISP), Adrenaline Surge [Quickness] (4 ISP), Warrior’s Repose -from armor [Healing] (3 ISP)
Equipment: CK Medium Armor (+6 Arm, +1 TN, FEV, Healing), Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol (18/36/72, 2d6, AP2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), NG-L5 Laser Rifle (25/50/100, 3d6+2, AP 2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), TK Shield (+4 Armor vs Ranged Attacks, +2 Parry, 1 PPE per hour to activate), NG-S2 Survival Kit, Silver Cross, Green Stone of the Capitan, 600 crs.
XP: 0/5
EP: 2
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 7/10
Bennies: 7/3
Adventure Cards
  • #35: Seize the Day - Azumi acts as if she had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • #37: Villanious Verbosity - An opposing Wild Card loses his next action by gloating about his master plan.
Azumi's Character Sheet
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2567
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:14 pm


Spoon Fed Video Recap

Time to renew the Chase!
Debrief of Private Howser
A week or so in the future:
A grizzled vet with a prickly beard walks into the dark room a CS private was anxiously waiting in to begin his official debrief. The beared man’s rank displayed Major, and his eyes were shrewd as if they knew every answer the private was going to give.

He introduced himself to the nervous private, ” I am Major Wolfe, and you are...” He taps the privates arm with a clang turning on the lights with a clap. ” Much more than human aren’t you Private Howser?”

The private turned his chrome head to the Major, his red eye gleaming next to a soft brown one. The private’s body had been replaced in several key parts by cybernetic implants. Legs, right arm, left eye, jaw, and internally much of the same.

Major Wolfe continued, ” Now in your own words tell me what happened?”

The private’s mechanized voice still carried a hint of wonderment mixed with terror as he recounted the events of his last mission, ” I... I was at the mini missle control looking through the digital scope down at the blackmarket camp. We had just blown their hoverboke to smithereens. But now some of the dead black marketeers were coming back to life like some kind metal goop men. One of those Legionares with a blue bird on his shouldier hit them with some kind of electrified dagger. Then that weird device powered up and I saw it... A portal formed a creature with many eyes on the otherside... Then it collapsed, I heard... We all heard on the comms, ” I won’t kill my friend. But next time I must see it through to the end. I must end our curse. Hopefully Splynn will be forgiving...” Then the voice on the radio went dead and the portal vanished.”

Major Wolfe looked at the newly made cyborg private calmly with a fixed stare. His voice was low and soft, ” And then what happened Private? You were attacked?”

The cyborg’s eye glowed red and he nodded, ” It was horrible Sir. The flames, the fire! Something invisible dropped a mountainer on us, and... and then it tore open the roof of our ATV... It burned us all...” The borg stopped its mechanical voice breaking and one good eye on the verge of tears.

Major Wolve put a scarred hand on the borgs plated shoulder, ” Its ok son...”

The borg shook his head, ” No sir... It wasn’t all right. My mother... All I remember in the hospital was her crying... I am not sure what happened after that.” Private Howser’s voice trailed off obviously still trying to come to terms from being burned alive and remade into a combat borg.

Major Wolfe stood in front of him and darkly nodded, ” I’ll tell you what happened after that private. The legions catwoman toyed with a dog and kill more of these so called zombies as you put it.” The major’s level of distain for the tomorrow legion was evident as he continued, ” Then some pretty boy from the legion got to the the device while ripping his shirt off disabling any kind of failsafe. Then their cyber knight, a traitor by all accounts, gave your commanding officer Giles a series of call signs and challenges which he took at face value retreating and thusly ending the confrontation with the so called Legion of Tomorrow.”

Major Wolfe handed the private papers for a transfer to his unit, ” I don’t know what Captain Llyboc’s game is, but it is clear the Tomorrow Legion needs to be ended. I am looking for a few heroes of humanity to help me get the job? You up for a little revenge Private?”

Private Howser pulled himself up standing tall, about 9 feet tall. His chrome body glistening in the overhead light.” I’m in Sir... All the way.”
Azumi
Commander Giles halts his men at the mention of the code word swordbreaker. You see him comm someone on his headset and hold out his gauntlet briefly as if he was going to project something. His head turns to the nearby dystroyed ATV. You think you hear him say muffled, ” No we are not alone. Other targets on site. Understood Captain Llyboc.”

Then directly to Azumi he says, ” We are moving out. Men! Grab the wounded, Howser looks burnt but still aliave lets get him to a med team stat. Leave the trailer, the beast inside it will be #13’s problem. We got the data we needed.”
The CS leave without a fight after confronting Azumi. They leave behind the wrecked MkI and a trailer that could house a dragon. The device is inert glistening near Smith’s sweaty perfectly formed chest.

Black dow wipes his brow taking stock of the black market assests left at his disposal, looks like a thug named Timmy, and a bio borg. Their dog boy was sitting near by pawing at a club drenched in anti-freeze. Black Dow raises an eye brow, ”How about that. Your kitty made him docile for once. I don’t even thing that dogboy is an actual dogboy from this earth. In his real cogent moments he goes on and on about some canadian weapons project and someone named Andre.”

He sighs dropping his last card to possibly get out of the situation with his skin intact. ” The Golden Apple diner in Merc Town. A common hangout for the thug looking for work or a crazy on his last delusion. But also where I will ensure 100,000 credits be held for each of your team... Least I could offer for a peaceful resolution and your cat dealing with our dog problem.” Dow grins tipping his hat so it bobbed and fitted itself perfectly on his head.
Connections Blackmarket
The Golden Apple is a known black market hangout and front. A good sized diner in Merctown.
Parsons desperate to save the woman he loves comes back to the camp holding Rhinstone Ritta’s limp burnt body, ” God dammit CS fuckers! You’ll pay! Ritta stay with me baby, stay with me. Fuck 10 clicks to a medicine man... Fuck... Stay with me Ritta!” His eyes look like a man defeated as he realizes the group’s vehicle is ontop of the CS MKI and both are wrecked. Even the Black Market’s own ATV parked about 100 feet from their camp seems in need of repair having been hit a few times by the disintegrating tentacles of the device. Reflexively he whispers to Ritta, ” What... Oh god I can’t loose you baby.”

Black Dow snorts slightly at the death Dealer’s dramatics. Clearly love was just another weakness for the monsters of this world to pray on, ” So whats it going to be heroes? Even though our employer might have not been upfront with the nature of his request, it seems unlikely we will help you follow that Sunji assassin... I offered you a fair price to forget this incident and move on with your lives. Plus with Ritta out and just about dead and our vehicle is busted as are yours. How are you going to follow it?” Black Dow shrugs and toys with his mustache, ” So what is it going to be?”

CS Trailer, Hello Holly
Holly you heard a loud explosion and the trailer suddenly stopped moving. You heard some folks talking but the voices were pretty muffled. While the trailer is locked its really does not pose much of a threat to contain you. Your own honor and loyalty to the tomorrow legion’s Survey team 6 was what was keeping you captured. Captain’s Llyboc’s words still echo in your ears, ”Creature, if you want your team to survive and stay aliave put yourself into the trailer.” There was something about this CS officer, something unnatural in a way. Its like he knew exactly which button to push to get his way.
A boot wakes Smith
you see captain Claude lookimg down at you. He smiles reaching down to help you up. The sun is shining behind him. ”See your shirt is off, again Smith. You saved the day, lets get you back on your feet.”

Somethin hard hits you in the face, and you feel an electrical zap on your chest. Suddendly you are awake and fuck it hurts. No longer unconsious, but still exhausted.
Thunder Duck on Antipas Shoulder
This is a blue bird made entirely of electrical energy definately a creature from the 3G galaxy. It quivers and flits arround the splugorth device as if sensing something within it.
Vehicles... Vehicles... Vehicles...
Well... All the vehicles require a repair roll, and the CS vehicle is wrecked and will take a week of weilding, retrofitting, and electrical work. Even then some of the special designs to it may never be replaced. The groups former mountainneer is also pretty busted, the under carrage took the most damage and is no longer sealed. Several Days of repair at least. Finally the Black Market ATV is a Mountainer Mk III fresh off the line. Several gashes line the right side where its hull had been disintegrated. Probably about a day to get it running, but it would not be enviormentally sealed.
Radio Communication, Survey Team Checking in
” This is Bill Brasky of The Tomorrow Legion’s Survey Team 6, we are coming up on the ridge line towards your position about a minute out. Picked up a TL transponder in the area so I assume you are friendlies. We have been tracking a group of CS soldier that have taken our big fluffy friend capture. Don’t shoot us as we come down, we are in the Mountaineer. Over.”
Loot so far
4 items like light armor, or light weapon with a minor or major mod are found near the top of the hill where the vehicle was initially grappled by Luke, Tsume, and Al. They seem to be hooked onto a root system of a now dead carniverious plant. Each item can have a max value of 50,000 creds. If supertech go with 2 pts of super tech. Don’t want An item you can take 7.5k in creds instead. Just remember there are only 4 items, clearly not enough to go arround.
Other loot?
Stealth or Notice check at -4 TN 4 will get you 4d4x10,000 in valuables (creds) found on dead CS or blackmarket thugs.

Player Directions: lots of directions we and you can go.

I think by this point it is pretty clear that the sunji assasin whom was rifted about 20 seconds ago by Rhinstone Ritta is going after Captain Cluade for reasons possibly conjectured but in reallity not fully known. This scene is about what direction do you go next? Does the group try to accomplish 8 seperate tasks and utterly fail or do the members of the 77th ause, think, and pull as one in the same direction focusing on 1 task? Below I listed a couple of challenges the group could take on to accomplish the overall goal of chasing down the sunji assasin. If someone has another idea toss me a PM or put it into hangout and we can come up with. Once the group decides on the challenge they want to take on choose your skill with which you want to interact with the challenge and then let its outcome help craft your narrative.

General Scene Rules: Skill roll made at -2, 7 successes needed for a positive outcome, 12 successes for the best possible outcome. Each player’s successes and raises add +1 success. Critfail=-1 success.
  • *Reccomended: Players should work things out in the hangouts before just blindly posting.
Some of my own ideas:
  • Can you enlist the aid of Black Dow to actually do more than give you some creds to go away.
  • Captain Bill Brasky and his team has a working Mountaineer.
  • Almost dead Ritta might be able to teleport/rift you.
  • Three vehicles in states of disrepair are nearby( BM vehicle is the easiest to get going in the shortest amount of time)
Feel free to RP with the group or Holly while you in character try to figure out what you want to do as well. But once dice hit the table the clock starts!

Woa GM... I uh rolled a 50 and I was the first player to roll what does that mean. Group choose a secondary challenge and go for 7 more successes!

This will also be the introduction to @HollyTalayuki our new addition. A large dragon sized Fenrir monster ( Think Dragon with fur, wolfen, and cold resistances). She is inside the trailer mentioned in Azumi’s occ.

This is could also serve as a future RP spot as well. Lots to react to and think about. Good luck! Of course hit me up if you got any questions or concerns.
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
4/4
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
4/4
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:36 pm

Shock, confusion and anger grip his mind briefly in the aftermath of the battle but the brutal training methods of Clan Aerihman were not without their benefits. Chief among them was an ability to set everything aside but the mission and he did so now. Situations like this were what he was trained for, knowing this was just a feint (albeit a very serious one) and time was not on their side he decides to try and keep everyone focused.

Ignoring Dows self serving prattle the undead slayer turns to Parsons. "We can help her but she'll need to help us follow that assassin when she conscious. You willing to help convince her?"

Over their private com he address' his friend "That was dumb Stinky. Like me level of dumb. You alive and mobile? If so Rita needs medical attention if we're gonna have a chance to catch that Sunaj."

He turns to Tsume, looking over the young womans handywork he gives a respectful nod. "Good work kid, rouse Smith if you can then help Luke patch up the rifter. Then to Alenys, "Nice Red! Since the CS goons probably didn't leave us the codes would you open that trailer up and let their prisoner out?" His gaze falls on Azumi and he's unsure what to say. Instead he turns on Dow, letting some of his fury express. "You really don't fucking get it do you fuckwit? This.." Gesturing violently at the remains of the undead and the device that spawned them, "Was. Their. Distraction. You dim cunt. Whatever is really going on merits a fucking zombie apocalypse bomb as response. And you somehow think helping us isn't your only and best option?" Taking a deep breath to calm himself he then looks to see what's got Blues attention. Walking over to the device he begins to look it over carfully.

"What is it Blue?" Is little Timmy lost on a space walk? He thinks reminded of an old vid show.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Azumi Archambault
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Azumi Archambault » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 pm

Giles wrote:Then directly to Azumi he says, ” We are moving out. Men! Grab the wounded, Howser looks burnt but still aliave lets get him to a med team stat. Leave the trailer, the beast inside it will be #13’s problem. We got the data we needed.”
Azumi holds steadfast until the CS team departs. Then she breathes an audible sigh of relief before nodding to @Alenysturathe and remarking: "Al, can you check the trailer and make sure it doesn't house the Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse? I will check on the rest. You did good work today... I'm glad you're on OUR team."

She rejoins the team. Seeing @Antipas reaction she wordlessly nods, and understands that she will owe him answers. Noting the 77th is in good shape she turns to the approaching mercenary...
Parsons wrote:Parsons desperate to save the woman he loves comes back to the camp holding Rhinstone Ritta’s limp burnt body, ” God dammit CS fuckers! You’ll pay! Ritta stay with me baby, stay with me. Fuck 10 clicks to a medicine man... Fuck... Stay with me Ritta!” His eyes look like a man defeated as he realizes the group’s vehicle is ontop of the CS MKI and both are wrecked. Even the Black Market’s own ATV parked about 100 feet from their camp seems in need of repair having been hit a few times by the disintegrating tentacles of the device. Reflexively he whispers to Ritta, ” What... Oh god I can’t loose you baby.”
"Norm! Bring Rita over here and lay her down. Take my pack. Put it under her legs. Her LEGS! C'mon Parsons, focus. You want her to live you listen to me and do what I say, when I say it. No bullshit. Take this gauze and hold it here. Pressure. 'Pas, Tsume, Luke, over here! Rita! Stay with us!"

I'll save you Rita! - crit fail... no I won't
Healing: 1d6 = 1: 1; Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1 (-2 diff, +2 Healer Edge)
Parsons' frantic movements get in the way of Azumi's attempts to heal Rita, and the knight accidentally removes a section of armor serving as a stop gap. Rita begins bleeding from a new hole.
Black Dow wrote:Dow shrugs and toys with his mustache, ” So what is it going to be?”
"Dammit, hold still! Dow, we'll have more to discuss once we get her stable. Unless you're good with being the 'Merc who ran after he got punked by a splugorth. You've got the rep as the indomitable badass. Help us grab the sunaj and you might keep it... wait hold on."
Bill Brasky wrote:"This is Bill Brasky of The Tomorrow Legion’s Survey Team 6, we are coming up on the ridge line towards your position about a minute out. Picked up a TL transponder in the area so I assume you are friendlies. We have been tracking a group of CS soldier that have taken our big fluffy friend capture. Don’t shoot us as we come down, we are in the Mountaineer. Over.
She flips on her comm:

"Brasky, this is Archambault of the 77th CIT. Good copy. Be advised there is a high-value injured party in our AO. Request medical support. Over."
Active Powers:
Lady Azumi Archambault
Human Cyber-Knight
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Statistics: Charisma 8, Pace 8, Parry 8, Toughness 14 (6), Strain 0
Skills: Fighting d10, Healing d6+2, Notice d6, Persuade d10+8, Psionics d6, Shooting d4, Stealth d10, Streetwise d8+8
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Wanted (Rogue Agent of the Coalition States)
Edges: Assassin, Champion, Charismatic, Connections (Black Market), Healer, Improved Frenzy, Minor Psionic, Scrounger, Strong Willed, Tricky Fighter and Very Attractive
Special Abilities: Cyber-Armor (+2 Toughness as Free Action), Cyberkinetic Combat (−2 to be hit by tech attacks), Psi-Sword (2d8+1d4, AP 6 or AP 2 w/ 2 blades), Right Behind Me (Choose any spot on map to start / Stealth roll = The Drop) [1st Rd only], +2 Common Knowledge with creating forgeries
Powers: Knight’s Inspiration [Boost Trait] (2 ISP), Preternatural Reflexes [Deflection] (2 ISP), Adrenaline Surge [Quickness] (4 ISP), Warrior’s Repose -from armor [Healing] (3 ISP)
Equipment: CK Medium Armor (+6 Arm, +1 TN, FEV, Healing), Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol (18/36/72, 2d6, AP2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), NG-L5 Laser Rifle (25/50/100, 3d6+2, AP 2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), TK Shield (+4 Armor vs Ranged Attacks, +2 Parry, 1 PPE per hour to activate), NG-S2 Survival Kit, Silver Cross, Green Stone of the Capitan, 600 crs.
XP: 0/5
EP: 2
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 7/10
Bennies: 7/3
Adventure Cards
  • #35: Seize the Day - Azumi acts as if she had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • #37: Villanious Verbosity - An opposing Wild Card loses his next action by gloating about his master plan.
Azumi's Character Sheet
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:02 pm

Generic Notice , T Magic to Boost team healing
Notice bonus +2 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Tattoo Magic 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Bennie for reroll 1d8-2 = -1: 1
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2
Slipping a hand into his coat to presumably activate a tattoo on his shoulder region, something goes wrong with the backlash leaves him briefly stunned. His eyes glaze over for a second before he shakes it off and refocuses. Fuck, it's been years since I used this much juice. I'm more out of practice than I thought Before he can call out to Luke again the Invalien climbs from the wreakage of the mountaineer. Good, not dead Seeing his friend alive and heading to help with Rita he decides to do something useful so he heads to the damaged Kaylee and begins scrounging the teams gear. As he's doing so he remembers how he knows the name of the scout patrols leader, he met the unit as he traveled south to hunt vampires. The man suggested he look into joining the Legion.

"Bill fuckin Brasky! Join the Legion you said, it'll be fun you said... Eh it's not bad. For a bunch of amateurs playing at being an army." Carrying a load of stuff down into the valley he drops it off by the inert Biobomb.

"You still on about that thing Blue? OK lets open it up then. Carefully Antipas slices away a cover plate to look inside the device...
Last edited by Antipas on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:27 pm

Luke wakes to the crushed cockpit of the Mountaineer. Shards of glass are everywhere and would be in his hair, he reaches up to touch his bald scalp, as hehas not had hair in nearly three centuries. Metal hand touches helmeted scalp and luke pulls back his hand and looks at it.

<Xander?> <Yes, Luke.>

<Wow. I thought I had lost you for good.> <Lost me. I was offline for a few minutes as near as I can tell.>

<Seems 'The Doctor' managed an effective override.> <'The Doctor'?>

<Not now. Aske me about it laterwhen we have some peace and quiet.> <Will do.>

Luke and Xander work together to extract themselves from the now cube-shaped Mountaineer. They show up at the valley just as the various entities are viaing for the 77th's attention.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Azumi Archambault
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Azumi Archambault » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:07 am

"Damn! She's not responding. Hang on."

Azumi puts aside her med kit and rubs her hands together briefly as she closes her eyes. Her armor highlights, dull since the close of combat now begin gently shining with light near as bright as the noon-day sunlight.

I'll save you Rita! part deux - this sequel really is better than the first, +4 successes
Psionics: 1d6 = 3: 3; Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1 (+2/-2 Healer Edge/diff) EE: + 1d6 = 6: 6 +EE Ace: 1d6 = 6: 6 +EE 2x Ace!: 1d6 = 1: 1
She grasps Rita's limp shoulders and the light emits brightly for a moment, then it falls into Rita's body as her complexion gains some flush and her wounds begin to close. She begins to stir, but is still unconscious.

Was that a glint of metallic reflection from within a wound on Rita's abdomen? No way, don't be silly. Must have just been the light of the healing power mirroring off blood and viscera.
Active Powers:
Lady Azumi Archambault
Human Cyber-Knight
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Statistics: Charisma 8, Pace 8, Parry 8, Toughness 14 (6), Strain 0
Skills: Fighting d10, Healing d6+2, Notice d6, Persuade d10+8, Psionics d6, Shooting d4, Stealth d10, Streetwise d8+8
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Wanted (Rogue Agent of the Coalition States)
Edges: Assassin, Champion, Charismatic, Connections (Black Market), Healer, Improved Frenzy, Minor Psionic, Scrounger, Strong Willed, Tricky Fighter and Very Attractive
Special Abilities: Cyber-Armor (+2 Toughness as Free Action), Cyberkinetic Combat (−2 to be hit by tech attacks), Psi-Sword (2d8+1d4, AP 6 or AP 2 w/ 2 blades), Right Behind Me (Choose any spot on map to start / Stealth roll = The Drop) [1st Rd only], +2 Common Knowledge with creating forgeries
Powers: Knight’s Inspiration [Boost Trait] (2 ISP), Preternatural Reflexes [Deflection] (2 ISP), Adrenaline Surge [Quickness] (4 ISP), Warrior’s Repose -from armor [Healing] (3 ISP)
Equipment: CK Medium Armor (+6 Arm, +1 TN, FEV, Healing), Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol (18/36/72, 2d6, AP2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), NG-L5 Laser Rifle (25/50/100, 3d6+2, AP 2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), TK Shield (+4 Armor vs Ranged Attacks, +2 Parry, 1 PPE per hour to activate), NG-S2 Survival Kit, Silver Cross, Green Stone of the Capitan, 600 crs.
XP: 0/5
EP: 2
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 7/10
Bennies: 7/3
Adventure Cards
  • #35: Seize the Day - Azumi acts as if she had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • #37: Villanious Verbosity - An opposing Wild Card loses his next action by gloating about his master plan.
Azumi's Character Sheet
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:45 am

Azumi Archambault wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 pm
"Norm! Bring Rita over here and lay her down. Take my pack. Put it under her legs. Her LEGS! C'mon Parsons, focus. You want her to live you listen to me and do what I say, when I say it. No bullshit. Take this gauze and hold it here. Pressure. 'Pas, Tsume, Luke, over here! Rita! Stay with us!"

I'll save you Rita! - crit fail... no I won't
Healing: Original post: 1d6 = 1: 1; Wild: Original post: 1d6 = 1: 1 (-2 diff, +2 Healer Edge)
Parsons' frantic movements get in the way of Azumi's attempts to heal Rita, and the knight accidentally removes a section of armor serving as a stop gap. Rita begins bleeding from a new hole.
Luke sees Lady Azumi working on Rita the Rifter and walks over for some assistance. Seeing Parsons in a state of panic, he was going to stand Azumi up and have Parsons with her.
Azumi Archambault wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:07 am
"Damn! She's not responding. Hang on."

Azumi puts aside her med kit and rubs her hands together briefly as she closes her eyes. Her armor highlights, dull since the close of combat now begin gently shining with light near as bright as the noon-day sunlight.

I'll save you Rita! part deux - this sequel really is better than the first, +4 successes
Psionics: Original post: 1d6 = 3: 3; Wild: Original post: 1d6 = 1: 1 (+2/-2 Healer Edge/diff) EE: +Original post: 1d6 = 6: 6 +EE Ace: Original post: 1d6 = 6: 6 +EE 2x Ace!: Original post: 1d6 = 1: 1
She grasps Rita's limp shoulders and the light emits brightly for a moment, then it falls into Rita's body as her complexion gains some flush and her wounds begin to close. She begins to stir, but is still unconscious.


Luke knows that Cyber Knights are fast and watches Azumi do almost a double take, like he just did as he "watches" psychic energy rush into Rita's wounds. Luke does have the presence of mind to gently push Parsons to another section of the camp away from triage. "Really can't work with all your caterwauling, there Parsons."

"Lady Azumi, I believe you may have stabilized Glittersparkles here."

<Xander. We need a full scan.> <All ready on it.>

Within seconds the scans are showing up on Luke's HUD. A few minutes more and Luke believes he has identified the problem.

"Lady Azumi, did you notice any metallic fragments in Rita here, before you began closing her wounds and healing her?"

"There is a possibility that we have a sliver of zombie cyborg material being held at bay by Rita here, unconsciously of course." <Confirming material data and composition. @Pender Lumkiss @Koshnek >

Luke with Xanders help, begin the delicate work of containing and removing the contaminating splinter of zombie goo.

Focus for Science, +2 Successes_
  • -2 Scene Mod
  • K/Science 1d10+2 = 9: 7
  • Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
    Extra Effort
  • Extra Effort 1d6 = 2: 2
Battlefield Requisitions, Notice 6, _
  • -4 for Looting
  • Notice 1d10+2 = 10: 8
  • Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
WIP
Last edited by Luke on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2567
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:01 am

Gm update:

Challenge: save ritta from death and get her to rift you to where she took the assassin.
Successes Needed: 8
Skill penalty: -2
Skills allowed: I am game for anything really
Successes so far: 2
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
4/4
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
4/4
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2

User avatar
Azumi Archambault
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Azumi Archambault » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Luke wrote:"Lady Azumi, I believe you may have stabilized Glittersparkles here."

<Xander. We need a full scan.> <All ready on it.>

Within seconds the scans are showing up on Luke's HUD. A few minutes more and Luke believes he has identified the problem.

"Lady Azumi, did you notice any metallic fragments in Rita here, before you began closing her wounds and healing her?"

"There is a possibility that we have a sliver of zombie cyborg material being held at bay by Rita here, unconsciously of course." <Confirming material data and composition. @Pender Lumkiss @Koshnek >

Luke with Xanders help, begin the delicate work of containing and removing the contaminating splinter of zombie goo.
"Yes Luke. She's in much better shape now..."

Azumi begins cleaning her gloves of gore as Luke runs his scan. At his question she perks up with a tinge of alarm on her face.

"Yeah... that is possible. Her wounds were messy, she was likely exposed to zombie bits on the field, and... yes. I thought I saw something inside her, but relegated that to my imagination and adrenaline. Are you reading metallic pieces within her? How can I help?"
Active Powers:
Lady Azumi Archambault
Human Cyber-Knight
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Statistics: Charisma 8, Pace 8, Parry 8, Toughness 14 (6), Strain 0
Skills: Fighting d10, Healing d6+2, Notice d6, Persuade d10+8, Psionics d6, Shooting d4, Stealth d10, Streetwise d8+8
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Wanted (Rogue Agent of the Coalition States)
Edges: Assassin, Champion, Charismatic, Connections (Black Market), Healer, Improved Frenzy, Minor Psionic, Scrounger, Strong Willed, Tricky Fighter and Very Attractive
Special Abilities: Cyber-Armor (+2 Toughness as Free Action), Cyberkinetic Combat (−2 to be hit by tech attacks), Psi-Sword (2d8+1d4, AP 6 or AP 2 w/ 2 blades), Right Behind Me (Choose any spot on map to start / Stealth roll = The Drop) [1st Rd only], +2 Common Knowledge with creating forgeries
Powers: Knight’s Inspiration [Boost Trait] (2 ISP), Preternatural Reflexes [Deflection] (2 ISP), Adrenaline Surge [Quickness] (4 ISP), Warrior’s Repose -from armor [Healing] (3 ISP)
Equipment: CK Medium Armor (+6 Arm, +1 TN, FEV, Healing), Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol (18/36/72, 2d6, AP2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), NG-L5 Laser Rifle (25/50/100, 3d6+2, AP 2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), TK Shield (+4 Armor vs Ranged Attacks, +2 Parry, 1 PPE per hour to activate), NG-S2 Survival Kit, Silver Cross, Green Stone of the Capitan, 600 crs.
XP: 0/5
EP: 2
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 7/10
Bennies: 7/3
Adventure Cards
  • #35: Seize the Day - Azumi acts as if she had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • #37: Villanious Verbosity - An opposing Wild Card loses his next action by gloating about his master plan.
Azumi's Character Sheet
Edit Signature

HollyTalayuki
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by HollyTalayuki » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:24 pm

Holly: She stands slowly hearing the explosions and ruckus thinking to herself. Well they were allowed to leave and I listened to that guy this far but explosions..? Seems things aren't going as planned.. as long as I don't leave the trailer Im cleared as listening right?.. Better to ask forgiveness then permission.. Time to see what's going on..maybe the situation changed? Explosions aren't typical of a prison transport ha.. :She transforms into her true form and breaks her bindings and uses her shooting skill letting off some ice to freeze the locks on the door and then afterwards uses her Talayukian strength to break the weakened locks so she dosent over do it and rip the whole door off and then swings it open to survey the people talking the languages she didn't understand while thinking to herself.. Opps wonder if anyone knows Talayukian here? Misunderstandings may abound.. Try not to look threatening.. well now.. (In Talayukian) So.. Who is out here and what's with all the explosions. I was thinking of napping..Do I get an earlier Parol? ::Tilts her hip to one side hand on her hip to try to look as relaxed as she could in her natural form::

Strength: 1d12 = 4: 4+4. Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Aced: 1d6 = 1: 1
Shooting 1d4 = 1: 1 Wild: 1d6 = 6: 6
Aced: 1d6 = 5: 5
Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:03 pm

" @Antipas , the Golden Apple ring any 3G bells for you?"

Luke takes the silence as his que to continue, "Seems Black Dow here likes to keep touch with deep space locals. The owner of the joint is Marcus Needlemeyer."

Using his periphereal sensors, he keeps tabs on the changes of those in the close proximity of where he is working.

"You may not know him by his earth name, Pas. Maybe Ashcroft Falstaff means something to you?"

Xander chimes in on the comms, <Luke, it seems we have another 3G visitor.>

Xander replays an audio clip at Luke's request,
HollyTalayuki wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:24 pm
(In Talayukian) So.. Who is out here and what's with all the explosions. I was thinking of napping..Do I get an earlier Parol?
<Should we respond?>

Flipping to external comms/PA system, Luke addresses @HollyTalayuki in his best Talayukian (Note 1 of Luke's 10 known languages.) "Welcome Lady of Talayuki. Thank you for gracing us with your presence. We are with the Tomorrow Legion. And we knowing nothing of you needing to ask for parol. Come and join us in the valley."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

HollyTalayuki
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by HollyTalayuki » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:13 pm

Talayukian!? :Estatically emotes getting amped up: Alright I'm not dead in the water. I was afraid no one would know it . My name's Holly and I am clear to leave the trailer? Are my allies okay? I'll destroy him if he did anything to them but I saw them leave. I surrendered to protect them but I'm itching to get out of here if situations have turned. If so I'll be happy to come to the valley as quickly as Talayukians do for further discussion and help. Lady Holly.. First time addressed as Lady but I like it.

Base form Reveal
Attachments
e5ec314e040f441a1ffb074200466554.jpg
Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:19 pm

Luke wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:03 pm
" @Antipas , the Golden Apple ring any 3G bells for you?"

Luke takes the silence as his que to continue, "Seems Black Dow here likes to keep touch with deep space locals. The owner of the joint is Marcus Needlemeyer."

Using his periphereal sensors, he keeps tabs on the changes of those in the close proximity of where he is working.

"You may not know him by his earth name, Pas. Maybe Ashcroft Falstaff means something to you?"

Xander chimes in on the comms, <Luke, it seems we have another 3G visitor.>

Xander replays an audio clip at Luke's request,
HollyTalayuki wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:24 pm
(In Talayukian) So.. Who is out here and what's with all the explosions. I was thinking of napping..Do I get an earlier Parol?
<Should we respond?>

Flipping to external comms/PA system, Luke addresses @HollyTalayuki in his best Talayukian (Note 1 of Luke's 10 known languages.) "Welcome Lady of Talayuki. Thank you for gracing us with your presence. We are with the Tomorrow Legion. And we knowing nothing of you needing to ask for parol. Come and join us in the valley."
Fear
Spirit 1d6 = 6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 12: 6 Ace! 1d6+12 = 18: 6 ACE!! 1d6+18 = 22: 4
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Looking up from his work at the noise of Holly's escape, Oh look a Talayukian, not like this can get weirder... Guessing by the tone the giant canidoid was not hostile, he goes back to work on the device.
"Really? Here? Wonder who the smarmy prick pissed off to have to run here? Or what he's trying to steal. Those Altess play the long con better than anyone."
Last edited by Antipas on Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:21 pm

Luke true to character and his noble aires, blushes under his helmet at the reminder that he generally respects most people as Lords or Ladies.

"(In Talayukian) Lady Holly. Not exactly sure who your allies are or were but we welcome you to come out of whatever prison you have found yourself in."

Realizing that no one else other than Antipas and Black Dow may know what a Talayukian is, Luke formulates the best way to describe the new arrival to the after party.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:26 pm

Antipas wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:19 pm
"Really? Here? Wonder who the smarmy prick pissed off to have to run here?"
"Ashcroft does not really remind me much of his stuffy shirted younger brother. Maybe he just wanted to stake clear of the insane mess that is his family."

"Maybe I need to meet a few more of the Falstaff family to see if it is a genetic mutation or malfunction."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

HollyTalayuki
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by HollyTalayuki » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Grins: Well.. he's not around so I assume I'm clear.
Notice Check: 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5
:Holly checks for any loose tech she can fashion into her weird science nearby or in trailer: (Talayukian) It's very nice to make your acquantaince. :After she grabs anything she may find of use quickly she uses full 12 pace to rush to the valley as to not keep them waiting she moves quickly bounding over the terrain until they are in view sliding to a stop as she approaches.: Notice Check to Survey appearances/situation) 1d4 = 1: 1 Wild: 1d6 = 1: 1
It's nice to meetcha what's your name..Lord what? Who else is around and what's the situation? Holly gets really excited due to Luke's ability to speak Talayukian without a translator.or magic it seems and begins sniffing around him walking in a circle and becomes interested in his reasons for knowing such a language.
So.. name or do I just call you Lord? You said 77th right? I'm supposed to test for them.. I was caught by some lowlife idiot who made me surrender to keep my Survey team safe.. looks like maybe you or someone else ruined his plans? Tell me why you know my home language?
(She's talking fast and circling Luke interestingly and maybe menacingly to others who may not understand her but she makes no specifically aggressie actions) If your in the 77th do other people know Talayukian? Are other people here?! *Wags her tail swishing it leaning over her face a bit in his showing her lack of social graces and puppy nature despite her usual level of reserve her being freed and meeting someone interesting killed her normal composure*
(Upon noticing her actions were over the top she looks a bit dumbfounded and embarrassed and laughs nervously realizing she didn't even let him talk)
Oh I got overwhelmed . Talking too much.. ugh Heh.. there went anyone calling me Lady ever again huh? Sorry I'm a bit unusual for a Talayukian.. raised off world and all. Appologies! (Bows her head)
-Apparently so excited by the man speaking Talayukian she takes no notice of other people or situations in the valley approaching quickly unconcerned or noticing their reactions to her-
Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2567
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Fear checks.

Holly is a fearful Fenrir beast and exudes a supernattural fear. All players except antipas need to roll fear.

Holly once you see Al the red dragon you will need to make a fear check as the sight of a red dragon as large as yourself is scary hary.

Fear check: spirit check with no negatives. On a fail roll a 1d20.
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
4/4
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
4/4
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Smith » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Fear Check
Spirit 1d6 = 4: 4
Wild Die 1d6 = 5: 5
Upon seeing Holly Smith closes his eyes for a moment, then opens them again. be cool man, be cool... He shakes his head and seems to compose himself. He looks down and notices the missing shirt. ah hell, not again... He reaches into his backpack and pulls out a balled up pink tanktop which he puts on. The other members of the party give him a quizzical look at the words emblazoned in rhinestones on the shirt: Titty Sprinkles

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:45 pm

<Luke. You do remember last time we encountered a Fenrir, right?>

Luke chuckles to himself. <Yeah. I was enarmored with her for a couple of days.>

<A couple of days!?! Two weeks. Five days. Seven Hours. Thirteen minutes. And ...> <Alright. I get the point.>

<It is a little late to tell her to go back and hide under a rock.> <True. How would you prepare yourself for her arrival anyway. Start drooling?>

<You can poke fun all you want. Bet you can't resist her.> <Fine. We shall see who rushes to her first.>

Bedazzle Me Again, Please. _
Luke's Fear Check
  • Spirit 1d8+2 = 10: 8
  • Aced! Spirit 1d8+10 = 11: 1
  • Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
AI No Mountain High Enough ... _
Xander's Fear Check
  • Spirit 1d8+2 = 8: 6
  • Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Tsume » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:15 pm

After the battle. Tsume regains control. "Nya.." She closes her eyes and says a chant. Her hand glows as she touches her chest and the glow covers herself.
Faith 6
Faith 1d8-1 = 1: 2
Wild 1d6-1 = 2: 3
benny for ee 1d6 = 3: 3
PPE used 1
She casts Succor on herself and removed one level of fatigue
Azumi Archambault wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 pm
Giles wrote:Then directly to Azumi he says, ” We are moving out. Men! Grab the wounded, Howser looks burnt but still aliave lets get him to a med team stat. Leave the trailer, the beast inside it will be #13’s problem. We got the data we needed.”
Azumi holds steadfast until the CS team departs. Then she breathes an audible sigh of relief before nodding to @Alenysturathe and remarking: "Al, can you check the trailer and make sure it doesn't house the Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse? I will check on the rest. You did good work today... I'm glad you're on OUR team."

She rejoins the team. Seeing @Antipas reaction she wordlessly nods, and understands that she will owe him answers. Noting the 77th is in good shape she turns to the approaching mercenary...
Parsons wrote:Parsons desperate to save the woman he loves comes back to the camp holding Rhinstone Ritta’s limp burnt body, ” God dammit CS fuckers! You’ll pay! Ritta stay with me baby, stay with me. Fuck 10 clicks to a medicine man... Fuck... Stay with me Ritta!” His eyes look like a man defeated as he realizes the group’s vehicle is ontop of the CS MKI and both are wrecked. Even the Black Market’s own ATV parked about 100 feet from their camp seems in need of repair having been hit a few times by the disintegrating tentacles of the device. Reflexively he whispers to Ritta, ” What... Oh god I can’t loose you baby.”
"Norm! Bring Rita over here and lay her down. Take my pack. Put it under her legs. Her LEGS! C'mon Parsons, focus. You want her to live you listen to me and do what I say, when I say it. No bullshit. Take this gauze and hold it here. Pressure. 'Pas, Tsume, Luke, over here! Rita! Stay with us!"

I'll save you Rita! - crit fail... no I won't
Healing: Original post: 1d6 = 1: 1; Wild: Original post: 1d6 = 1: 1 (-2 diff, +2 Healer Edge)
Parsons' frantic movements get in the way of Azumi's attempts to heal Rita, and the knight accidentally removes a section of armor serving as a stop gap. Rita begins bleeding from a new hole.
Black Dow wrote:Dow shrugs and toys with his mustache, ” So what is it going to be?”
"Dammit, hold still! Dow, we'll have more to discuss once we get her stable. Unless you're good with being the 'Merc who ran after he got punked by a splugorth. You've got the rep as the indomitable badass. Help us grab the sunaj and you might keep it... wait hold on."
Bill Brasky wrote:"This is Bill Brasky of The Tomorrow Legion’s Survey Team 6, we are coming up on the ridge line towards your position about a minute out. Picked up a TL transponder in the area so I assume you are friendlies. We have been tracking a group of CS soldier that have taken our big fluffy friend capture. Don’t shoot us as we come down, we are in the Mountaineer. Over.
She flips on her comm:

"Brasky, this is Archambault of the 77th CIT. Good copy. Be advised there is a high-value injured party in our AO. Request medical support. Over."

Tsume comes over to where Azumi asked her to put pressure on, following her lead. "Nya."

More events happens from the other.

Tsume closes her eyes and starts to chant. It's like a cat meowing.
Healing 8
Faith 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Wild Ace 1d6+4 = 5: 1
Benny for Extra Effort 1d6+5 = 8: 3

PPE used 3
Her hand begins to glow as she chants. She opens her eyes and touches Rita. The glow moves from her hand on to Rita. Starting to heal her. The healing magic is working towards the efforts of the others to remove the goop as well. (Note Not sealing it inside her)

"That should...."

Holly's fenrir howl happens.
Fear check 7
Spirit 1d8 = 6: 6
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
1 on Wild die and not crit fail, reroll 1d6 = 6: 6
wild ace 1d6+6 = 7: 1
Tsume jumps a bit at hearing a wolf like howl. "Nyaaaa." She is spoked for a little bit but recovers fast. But as Holly comes up, she just kinda stares at her, not saying a word.
Last edited by Tsume on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 13 ; Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2567
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:57 pm

From the tomorrow legions radio watch tower. Pender Lumkiss with a pair of binaculars and a mic keeps the gambling hall enthusiasts well informed of the 77th progress.

” Ok folks, look like Azumi screwed the pooch, and Antipas flamed out. Luke got on base, and Tusume got him home. Smith and Al are due up... Oh wait would you look at that the pinch hitter Holly found a couple o shiney bennies on the ground. Looks like the 77th is about half way done. Will they save the rifter and get her to take them to the assasin? Let’s find out.”

Success: 4 of 8
Skill: an really at a -2.
Players to go: Smith and Al.
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
4/4
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
4/4
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2

User avatar
Azumi Archambault
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Azumi Archambault » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:10 pm

Tsume wrote:Tsume comes over to where Azumi asked her to put pressure on, following her lead. "Nya."

More events happens from the other.

Tsume closes her eyes and starts to chant. It's like a cat meowing.
Healing 8
Her hand begins to glow as she chants. She opens her eyes and touches Rita. The glow moves from her hand on to Rita. Starting to heal her. The healing magic is working towards the efforts of the others to remove the goop as well. (Note Not sealing it inside her)

"That should...."
Nicely done Tsume! I think our Rifter friend might actually pull through...

She looks in the direction Tsume takes up.
I ain't 'fraid of no...fenrir
Spirit: 1d8 = 4: 4; Wild: 1d8 = 3: 3
"Uhh... what is that, and why is it circling Luke?" She looks to Dow. "Is she with you? I swear, I need a damn vacation after all of this."

Azumi focuses her attention on the new arrival. New girl hasn't made any hostile motions, so Azumi keeps a neutral stance at the moment. She glances over to the CS trailer, and noting it's state deduces the origin of the visitor.

It appears that she and Luke are communicating. Not sure I know how In'valian culture goes, but is he...courting new girl? This is fun.
Active Powers:
Lady Azumi Archambault
Human Cyber-Knight
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Statistics: Charisma 8, Pace 8, Parry 8, Toughness 14 (6), Strain 0
Skills: Fighting d10, Healing d6+2, Notice d6, Persuade d10+8, Psionics d6, Shooting d4, Stealth d10, Streetwise d8+8
Hindrances: Heroic, Loyal, Wanted (Rogue Agent of the Coalition States)
Edges: Assassin, Champion, Charismatic, Connections (Black Market), Healer, Improved Frenzy, Minor Psionic, Scrounger, Strong Willed, Tricky Fighter and Very Attractive
Special Abilities: Cyber-Armor (+2 Toughness as Free Action), Cyberkinetic Combat (−2 to be hit by tech attacks), Psi-Sword (2d8+1d4, AP 6 or AP 2 w/ 2 blades), Right Behind Me (Choose any spot on map to start / Stealth roll = The Drop) [1st Rd only], +2 Common Knowledge with creating forgeries
Powers: Knight’s Inspiration [Boost Trait] (2 ISP), Preternatural Reflexes [Deflection] (2 ISP), Adrenaline Surge [Quickness] (4 ISP), Warrior’s Repose -from armor [Healing] (3 ISP)
Equipment: CK Medium Armor (+6 Arm, +1 TN, FEV, Healing), Wilk’s 320 Laser Pistol (18/36/72, 2d6, AP2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), NG-L5 Laser Rifle (25/50/100, 3d6+2, AP 2, RoF 1, Shots 20, SA), TK Shield (+4 Armor vs Ranged Attacks, +2 Parry, 1 PPE per hour to activate), NG-S2 Survival Kit, Silver Cross, Green Stone of the Capitan, 600 crs.
XP: 0/5
EP: 2
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP: 7/10
Bennies: 7/3
Adventure Cards
  • #35: Seize the Day - Azumi acts as if she had drawn a Joker this combat round.
  • #37: Villanious Verbosity - An opposing Wild Card loses his next action by gloating about his master plan.
Azumi's Character Sheet
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:26 pm

On general comms, "Look Rita managed to hold at bay the zombie goop. Her wounds were caused by sharpnel. Anyone else working on her needs to focus on containing and removing the metallic crud. If we do get it removed and contained, I would be willing to trade my salvaging efforts for the contained specimens."

In Talayukian, "I and my friend Antipas," Luke points to the guy with the blue lightning bird, "we have travelled a fair amount. Languages come second nature to me."

In Talayukian, "You mentioned a Survey Team. Would that be them coming from that direction? Brasky is what he said his name was."

Xander remains quiet through any communications or exchanges with Holly.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

HollyTalayuki
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by HollyTalayuki » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:02 pm

Talayukian: Antipas.. Antipas.. *She states clearly sounding out the name where he could hear it and she waves looking at him* Hello! I assume he dosent uderstand Talayukian? His birds freaking awesome. Your the first I met who can speak my language naturally.. I'm no good with other languages.. but YES! Brasky He is safe I'm so happy to hear that! *Gives an excited grab on his hand shaking it and looks at the tech* Super neat I love tech stuff. What kinda suit? *Sways her tail around looking at the tech and thinks back to why her team was in danger* Stupid Llyboc Lilybot jerk I'll use him as chew toy. *Growling loudly during and while saying his name and pauses sighing*
So did this ruin my testing for 77th?
"

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:37 pm

HollyTalayuki wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:02 pm
Talayukian: Antipas.. Antipas.. *She states clearly sounding out the name where he could hear it and she waves looking at him* Hello! I assume he dosent uderstand Talayukian? His birds freaking awesome. Your the first I met who can speak my language naturally.. I'm no good with other languages.. but YES! Brasky He is safe I'm so happy to hear that! *Gives an excited grab on his hand shaking it and looks at the tech* Super neat I love tech stuff. What kinda suit? *Sways her tail around looking at the tech and thinks back to why her team was in danger* Stupid Llyboc Lilybot jerk I'll use him as chew toy. *Growling loudly during and while saying his name and pauses sighing*
So did this ruin my testing for 77th?
"
The apparent human has his hood down revealing a bald head covered in tattoos. The tracery on his face continues up and branches out to encircle a triple eye on his forehead and then fading into a black star on the back of his head/neck. Looking up at his name Antipas studies the young Talayukian intently with a gaze that, even thru mirrored shades, seems to weight every move and word. Finally he gives a respectful nod and addresses Luke. "She seems friendly enough, no visible or arcane sploogie tinkering." Turning to Azumi and the others, "She's a Talayukian, or Fenrir to most. They're from back home but mostly stick to themselves. The big squids have enslaved a few but she looks clean."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 pm

"Yes, Pas she is clean. If she hadn't been the CS (Come Stupid) Squad would have never arrived for engagement, here." Luke points to the various entanglements and dieing fires
HollyTalayuki wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:02 pm
Talayukian: Gives an excited grab on his hand shaking it and looks at the tech* Super neat I love tech stuff. What kinda suit? *Sways her tail around looking at the tech and thinks back to why her team was in danger* "
As @HollyTalayuki goes to grab Luke's armored hand, the nanobots covering his hand pull back, revealing Luke's somewhat gnarled and weathered hand. "Xander, now quit that. Yes the last Fenrir we came across did shed your robo-drone-kitty, "Red Duke" but that was only because you lost you damn mind. Xander you insisted on toying with the last Fenrir and she in turn played with "Red Duke". All things considered you got to witness first hand their incredible strength."

He shakes, Holly's hand as best as he is able.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

HollyTalayuki
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by HollyTalayuki » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:05 pm

Luke wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 pm
As @HollyTalayuki goes to grab Luke's armored hand, the nanobots covering his hand pull back, revealing Luke's somewhat gnarled and weathered hand. "Xander, now quit that. Yes the last Fenrir we came across did shed your robo-drone-kitty, "Red Duke" but that was only because you lost you damn mind. Xander you insisted on toying with the last Fenrir and she in turn played with "Red Duke". All things considered you got to witness first hand their incredible strength."

He shakes, Holly's hand as best as he is able.
*Holly notices the tech she was admiring move and reveal Luke's hand so she restrains herself similar to the tech recoiling taking her smaller wolf girl form so her hands don't eclipse his becoming smaller and she still excitedly but gently shakes it.* Talayukian: Sorry if I scared ya. *Laughing nervously* I just really love tech and I'm not so good with personal boundries or so I'm told.. I'd never break it or hurt an ally if I can help it though. I was wanting to rebuild some of my own so I couldn't help but admire it. *She gently unclasped his hand using her more delicate touch she uses on her tech work* If there's anything you need me to do here I'm at your service. The transport still has the others. I barley thought to take this form.. I probably should have to show I'm friendly but I got a little too excited that I can converse naturally.. I'm such a spaz today.
Attachments
40bc9d06e91e2cee11ac92bcb2488904--anime-wolf-girl-anime-girls.jpg

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:22 pm

While he is holding @HollyTalayuki 's hand he flashes her some images all before Xander retreats the entire suit into the survival pack at Luke's waist.

Hunched over, Luke goes and finds something to sit on.

"I would be interested to see your tech creations. As you can see, right now, mine would rather hide than cooperate."

Catching his breath, Luke continues, "No trial or testing for the 77th."

After another couple of breaths, Luke looks to @Antipas Pas, "If Xander insists on being childish, I may need another suit."

Turning his head slowly back to Holly, "To answer your first question, I have travelled quite a bit. Collecting knowledge and meeting races and species across the 3 Galaxies."

After a few controlled and labored breaths, "Currently we are trying to save this earth female's life."

Waving a hand in Parson's direction, assuming he is nearby and managed to not run away from Holly's presence, "Pay no mind, to the earth female's suitor. He is rather weak and frail without all his toys and soldiers."

It seems he has over exerted himself and Luke leans back and closes his eyes to rest.
Attachments
Luke 2.jpg
Earlier Suit
Luke No Suit.jpg
Luke Unsuited
Luke No Suit.jpg (12.14 KiB) Viewed 472 times
Wasting Disease.jpg
Another In'Valian
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Luke wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:22 pm

After another couple of breaths, Luke looks to @Antipas Pas, "If Xander insists on being childish, I may need another suit."
"Well fuck and I was hoping you two could open this up so we can see what's got Blue so interested. And if we could rearm this things failsafe and we could return it to sender, that would be fun. Suit wise, do you think you can make something workable out of local tech or will we need to head home? Also, will you be good to see this thru first as I doubt that assassin will wait for us to come to her. If not Brasky can probably get you back to the castle and I'll come back when we're done." Blue continues to circle Antipas and the splugorth bomb, the tentacles lay scattered around, having been cut off at the base by the supernaturally sharp edge of his blade.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Antipas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 pm
"Well fuck and I was hoping you two could open this up so we can see what's got Blue so interested. And if we could rearm this things failsafe and we could return it to sender, that would be fun. Suit wise, do you think you can make something workable out of local tech or will we need to head home? Also, will you be good to see this thru first as I doubt that assassin will wait for us to come to her. If not Brasky can probably get you back to the castle and I'll come back when we're done." Blue continues to circle Antipas and the splugorth bomb, the tentacles lay scattered around, having been cut off at the base by the supernaturally sharp edge of his blade.
The labored breathing does not stop Luke from chuckling. "Strange thing @Antipas 'Pas, the Good Doctor, he assembled the device."

"I am certain the Squids have their own means of protecting themselves from the effects of the device."

"Maybe Holly and I could fashion me a new suit, since Xander has decided to run, from the bomb and other components around here."

Luke smacks the bulging survival pack.

"'Pas you want to try and get Rita to send the device back to the Squids? I would rather repurpose the device. Something that could be sent in as cleanup for the mess we avoided here."

Breathing hard, Luke places his hands on his knees to support himself and to catch his breath.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Alenysturathe » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:02 am

Fear 9
-1 Fatigue
Spirit 1d6-1 = 5: 6
Ace 1d6+5 = 9: 4
Wild 1d6-1 = 2: 3
Boost Vigor on Rita 5; 1 success
-2 difficulty, -1 Fatigue; also lending Rita the Flame Heart Charm that gives her Regeneration 1.
Psionics 1d6-3 = 2: 5
Wild 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Benny for Extra Effort Elan 1d6+4 = 5: 1
Devil’s Gate
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe stared down into the burnt out Coalition vehicle and studied her handiwork. She reached out a claw and picked up a blackened corpse by the arm. The arm separated from the body, which slumped back inside the tortured vehicle. Alenysturathe munched on the arm.

“Needs mustard,” she mused, shifting to human form as Antipas and Azumi gave her orders to open the trailer.

“Sure thing, boss-es,” the redheaded teen said between bites of charred flesh.

Alenys the girl wandered back to the trailer. But then it burst open and a giant white-furred wolf leapt out.

Alenys growled and transformed back into dragon form, dropping her charbroiled arm and growling warningly, now of equal size to the wolf.

The wolf bounded off down the valley and started circling Luke. Alenysturathe took to the air to protect her team, but the monster wasn’t attacking. The large red dragon landed and took her form as a redhaired human girl of about sixteen when the other monster transformed into a girl with a wolf tail. She was rather cute that way, like Tsume.

“What is she saying?” Alenys asked, crossing her arms over her chest. She wore jeans and a black t-shirt under a scarlet overcoat. On her back was a fancy bow as well as a laser rifle with grenade launcher. “What’s a Tala-crazyian?”

When they brought Rita out, Alenys looked concerned. She moved to Rita’s side.

“Oh no you don’t! You still owe me a rematch, bitch!” Alenys said, kneeling down next to Rita. “You totally have to admit you cheated!”

Alenys reached up and removed the charm from around her neck. The gold chain with the red heart-shaped stone glowed red slightly. Alenys slipped it around Rita’s throat and the glow brightened as the power activated, helping close Rita’s wounds. Then Alenys placed her hands on either side of the injury and channeled her Psionic power into Rita.

Getting out of the way of the others, Alenys ran into the shirtless Smith. The teenage girl stared at him and licked her full lips. She smiled shyly. “Um...hey,” she said, rocking a little back and forth, staring at his muscled chest until he put on the pink tank top.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
-1 Fatigue
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 5/10; PPE: 10/10
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 3/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.

HollyTalayuki
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by HollyTalayuki » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:47 pm

OOC Comments
Holly's Fear Check Alenys: 1d4 = 4: 4Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Aced: 1d4 = 1: 1

*Holly smiled looking at Luke and moved by where he sat down.If there is anything I can do to help make your tech work or find a suitable solution my body and my technical talents are yours to help out in anyway I can. Why is it acting up? Your knowledge is impressive and I'm sure I could learn a lot. I don't have any tech of my own yet due to lack of finance and materials.. Eventually I'll have toys. *Laughs* I can get anything you may need around and do the physical labor if you need. Ill try my best to be helpful for my new friend and first Talayukian speaker I met! *Holly gazes at the dragon landing in awe and smiles thinking she would be fun to spar with and judging by Luke's reaction she's an ally. Holly waves to her happily wagging her tail yelling a special Talayukian phrase very happily(Knowledge Roll no direct translations ) then returns to looking at Luke*

As far as I'm concerned I'm your shield and your assistant if you need me. Im eager to help and a quick learner.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:52 pm

Luke wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:17 pm
Antipas wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 pm
"Well fuck and I was hoping you two could open this up so we can see what's got Blue so interested. And if we could rearm this things failsafe and we could return it to sender, that would be fun. Suit wise, do you think you can make something workable out of local tech or will we need to head home? Also, will you be good to see this thru first as I doubt that assassin will wait for us to come to her. If not Brasky can probably get you back to the castle and I'll come back when we're done." Blue continues to circle Antipas and the splugorth bomb, the tentacles lay scattered around, having been cut off at the base by the supernaturally sharp edge of his blade.
The labored breathing does not stop Luke from chuckling. "Strange thing @Antipas 'Pas, the Good Doctor, he assembled the device."

"I am certain the Squids have their own means of protecting themselves from the effects of the device."

"Maybe Holly and I could fashion me a new suit, since Xander has decided to run, from the bomb and other components around here."

Luke smacks the bulging survival pack.

"'Pas you want to try and get Rita to send the device back to the Squids? I would rather repurpose the device. Something that could be sent in as cleanup for the mess we avoided here."

Breathing hard, Luke places his hands on his knees to support himself and to catch his breath.
"The Doctor?!? Of all the... What I said earlier about an Epic... Yeah." Antipas rolls is eyes in irritation with Fate and the Gods, " As for your armor, I realize you probably won't do it but it'd be easier to reboot or replace Xander wouldn't it?" He looks at the pack, "No offense Xan, but this is really not the time to fuck around, do your job or be replaced. And you know I'd say the same to an organic so don't go all "Digital Lives Matter" on me, either of you."

Looking down at the bomb, "Splyn can probably control the zoms, so we'd still be giving him an army. I was more thinking the back-up explosive would make a nice Forge Day regifting." Switching to Atlantean "Don't go getting a crush, I think she's part of Brasky's team."

Looking around at all the various distractions and flirtation Antipas groans internally. Fucking Forge, it really is a Gods damned Epic. Thanks a ton for letting me heal up first Nemesis
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Alenysturathe » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:11 am

Devil’s Gate
Afternoon
Round 0

Nobody seemed particularly concerned about the wolf-girl, so Alenys shrugged and gave a little finger wave back and a smile. She was still speaking gibberish, though.

“Hi! I’m Alenysturathe. I can’t understand what you’re saying.” She didn’t really realize that the wolf-girl probably couldn’t understand her, either.

Alenys wandered off a bit, hoping Rita would be okay with the necklace. She wandered up the hill to the uprooted tree and stopped.

“Hey, guys. There’s, like, some stuff here. Weapons and armor and stuff.” She started to pull and pry at the roots to get the equipment out.
OOC Comments
Let me know if anyone wants something. Alenys will only take something if no one else wants them. Not fair for her to claim gear someone gear-dependent needs. I would like armor and a melee weapon for human form if no one claims things.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
-1 Fatigue
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 5/10; PPE: 10/10
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 3/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Luke pokes the pack on his side once more, "Xander, you can tell them or I can. Either way the story is going to be told."

Silence for a few minutes.

"Well then, I get to tell it. Xander, you can't complain if details get left out, as you aren't here to defend your side."

Silence again as Luke waits to see if Xander responds.

Nothing.

"Several years back we were in a place in another galaxy far far away. Tracking down a lead on a bounty."

A silhouette has appeared near where Luke is sitting.

<<Splynn Dimensional Markets>> <<It was the Splynn Dimensional Markets>>

"Yes. Yes. Nice of you to join us."

The nanobots making up the sihlouette shifts silently with only dark ripples to give any indication of movement or change.

<<Seems In'Valia has an unspoken bounty on an a vaguely defined rift entity.>>

"A n y w a y. We were visiting one of these various markets following some leads and such. One such both was manned by a pair of enslaved Gemini Demons. Vrothuss and Leonia I believe were their names."

<<The conversation was rather boring until Vrothuss mentioned slavery and all its various forms.>>

"This particular pair of Gemini Demons had been enslaved since birth. For them, that had been nearly two hundred years. No idea who their parents were but the two of them were nearly inseparable."

<<They talked of freedom for all. Liberations from one's prison and gaining greater self atonomy. I have only been a Space Station monitor and Luke's Nanosuit AI.>>

"They sent us off to another location in the Markets. I got a lead and Xander here made the purchase of an alternate body. A large Robo-Drone-Kitty."

<<"Red Duke" was made of a deep red metal without gloss or shine and moved with incredible grace. It was only about 8 feet tall.>>

"So we had the Robo-Drone-Kitty and were off to follow another lead. That lead was a Fenrir, go figure."



WIP
Last edited by Luke on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2567
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:33 am

Brush and small trees break as a Legion mountaineer arrives on scene. Captain Bill Brasky of Survey team six pops open the door and waves, ” Ahoy there!” He is about 9 feet tall solid muscle, and a big red bushy beard. A suit of gladdius exoskeletal armor rests easy on his body.

Seeing @HollyTalayuki he smiles and says in broken Talayukian, ” Glad see safe my ally.” Driving the mountaineer a 17 year old girl short brown hair and dirt smudges over face smiles and waves at Holly. In the mountaineer’s laser turret a half cyborg nods to the 77th.

Bill Brasky frowns looking at the group trying to save the rifters life. His stare is peircimg and thoughtful. ” Shit that rifter look bad off. My teams medic took a couple of lasers to the chest. Fucking coalition.” His voice changes growing a bit softer, ” See you found our Holly.”

Ritta stirrs under the groups efforts. Parson’s holds her hand whispering, ” Common baby... Common.”

Group is at 5 of 8 success to save Ritta’s life and get her to Rift you to the assasin. Smith is remaining.
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
4/4
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
4/4
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Smith » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:39 pm

1 Success
Psionics 1d10-1 = 2: 3
Wild Die 1d6-1 = 1: 2

Benny to reroll
Psionics 1d10-1 = 1: 2
Wild Die 1d6-1 = 4: 5

Benny to reroll
Psionics 1d10-1 = 7: 8
Wild Die 1d6-1 = 0: 1

Benny to reroll
Psionics 1d10-1 = 0: 1
Wild Die 1d6-1 = 3: 4

Last Benny to reroll
Psionics 1d10-1 = 4: 5
Wild Die 1d6-1 = 4: 5
Smith smiles back at Alenys and winks "Hey yourself." He walks over to Ritta and focuses his will, doing his best to boost her vigor enough to rouse her back to consciousness. He tries as hard as he can, a thin layer of sweat forms on his brown, his tank top drips with sweat, but alas, it isn't enough.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2567
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:40 am


+1 Benny for super fun RP
Once more into a Rift Death dealer Parson’s eyes tell the whole story. They are fixated on the love of his life Rhinestone Ritta. Her bubble gum chewing lips still and unmoving as she lays burnt and blasted infront of the seemingly endless healers the 77th CIT wields. His eyes are frought with fear. Not of big red Al or the furry Fenrir from legends of old. No this is personal, his life’s life lies on the ground dying before his very eyes. Stark blue seemingly pleading with the 77th and afraid.

Ritta gasps as magic, fingers, medical tools are jabbed into her. Her eyes flutter wide and she looks into Parson’s releived eyes and smiles. ” I’m... I’m ok.” She also looks at the faces of all those who saved her and the day. Weakly she smiles sheepishly, ” You need to go after... Ughh... After her don’t you...?” Parson’s grabs her hand worried. She coughs, ” They need to go baby.” She coughs again and again. ” Ughhh... Don’t you see? They need to go.”

Parson’s eyes smolder and he looks at @Antipas as if he is holding him personally responsible for Ritta’s well being. Clearly this dealer in death only wants one thing: leave with his lady and forget this mis adventure.

She reaches for a hand trying to stand, ” Help me... I can open a rift now...” She coughs again clutching her abdomen. She shakes her head weakly, ” Get ready to go heroes... Ughh...” She begins to draw on the leyline energy opening a rift.

Bill Brasky of Survey team six cocks his mighty head to one side thinking deep about a few things. He calls over to @Azumi Archambault, ” Azumi, you seem to have a handle on things here. I think it might be best to take Holly with you. Looks like one of your team members speaks her lingo. Rifting in behind someone you might need another heavy hitter. Plus she is pretty good with tech. We can uhh, transport that device to the castle and make sure you guys get a cut of the salvage.” He points to the mini cooper sized cylinderical device that nearly created a bio zomibie apocalypse and chuckles when he sees Smith bare chested.

He calls out to @Smith, ” Just like ole times huh Smith. Where is that grackle eh?”

To @HollyTalayuki he grins a mouthful of pearly whites. In perfect Talayukian he says gently ” These legionaires need you. I know what you did for us, and you have my thanks. Watch out for them eh?”

As Ritta channels more and more leyline energy Black Dow tips his hat and starts backing away tripping over @Luke ‘s armored exoskeleton, ” What the fuck...” Abet clumsily, he dusts himself off, pulling out a hidden laser pistol aiming it neatly at Ritta. He nods to his other men, a bio borg and Tommy the last remaining thug, ” Take her!”

Before they can even fire a smoking hole erupts in each of their heads as Parson’s deals out some death via his elongated pump pistol, ” Fuck you Dow. No one hurts my Ritta.” The pistol is shoved back into his pocket before the three bodies of the last of the black market even hit the ground. The hulking dogboy goes over and sniffs the dead bodies. He growls to all too simply to @Tsume , ”Free?” Clearly something had happened to this dogboy. His head is covered with scars, only god knows what the black market was doing to him inside their command tent.

A rift opens nearby on the leyline wide enough for several humans or a dragon to squeeze through. Ritta coughs again putting her hand to face as the other one points at the swirling vortex she is mainting. ” Go... Ugghhh... Go... Can’t hold it...” The other side of the rift looks to be a kitchen of some sort within a thachted hut, with three dead bodies on the ground. One of them looks very similiar to @Antipas‘s sister. The rift crackles with energy.
Xander for Luke
” Warning... Warning... Rift is unstable. The longer we wait the more likely it will colapse. Warning...”
Notice on the bodies at -2, cause you are looking through a swirling rift
Markings on the forearms of each of the bodies is oddly visible. Those with a good common knowledge of True Atlantean things would know the markings are True Atlantean clan tattoos. One of the bodies, a man moves!”
Al, it pays to look for loot!
Having dug arround for a bit near the roots of a predatory and now dead tree you find some armor with a skull on its chest. Curiously the skull has a red X painted over it.

-CA-3 Light “Dead Boy” Body Armor: The new standard for scout and special commando units, the CA-3 features light sensitive coating on the highlights to ensure night maneuvers don't suffer. CA-3 models provide +6 Armor, +1 Toughness, and Full Environmental Protection. They also have built-in mini-computers for basic functions; a communications system with a 10 mile range; public-address loudspeakers; and both night and thermal vision mode for vision. This suit has no Strength Minimum. (12 lb, Unavailable for purchase)

Someone had done a bit of modifications to it: Feel free to either Supertech or TW it up and add +1d4 modifications to it (TW or Tinker) or if Super tech super power points(+1d4+2).
The Bleak Future
Lord Coake frowns when he appears into the next time stream. He sees Parson’s sitting on a scorched rock crying. The barren, nuked landscape of the valley has not changed. He grabs the man’s shoulder, ” What happened Parsons? What happened to the 77th?”

Parsons looks up with anger and hate in his eyes. A metallic sheen covered his face. ” Ritta sent them through, but something got inside her... Something they did not remove fully...”

Coake focuses and shapes his psi-blade. Hew grimly grunts, ” How unfortunate...”
Player Directions
React, RP, but it is time to go through the rift. Please end each of your “last posts” with I go through. If youuuuuu really do not want to go through post some alternative actions: Really the only other choice is to either walk, or go back to the castle. The group has a map of Claude’s last know location 50 miles west of Dweomer.

Also the rift will not last long. Time to go.
Attachments
E3BEE055-03E1-4CDD-AA9A-EA5207F34797.jpeg
13th GM bennies GM Bennies
4/4
Vampire Kingdoms GM Bennies
4/4
Legends of the Black Bennies
2/2

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:56 am

Even the best laid plans go wrong.

Seems that Black Dow had no idea who or what he had stumbled into whenhe tumbled over Xander and Luke's exoskeleton. One thing for certain, Xander seemed to have had a rude awakening and realized that it was possible to end up in a worse situation than having to deal with a lovely Talayuki. Very quickly, the exoskeleton reforms itself around Luke and feeds him the warning.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:40 am
” Warning... Warning... Rift is unstable. The longer we wait the more likely it will colapse. Warning...”
As Luke stands he starts, he sees that Azume may be a bit out of her element. He starts issuing instructions and ticking the items of on his mental checklist.

"Heads up 77th. We have no time. I repeat not time. We need to be through that portal yesterday."

"Alenys, bring down whatever you have found, quickly. Need you in human form before crossing the portal."

"Holly, Azume, Tsume. Grab Black Dow and his two dead henchman head for the portal"

"Pas, Smith. Secure the other side of that Rift and make the pathway clear and wide, we are coming in hot and time is at a premium."

Radoing to the Survey team. "Proceed with caution. Extreme caution in dismantling the device. Also I need you to cover our retreat by torching this valley and covering everything with large sheets of lightning. If anything moves or breaths or walks from this area, take it down with fire and lightning."

As everyone is gathering gear and equipment and making a mad scramble for the portal, Luke walks over to Parsons and Rita.

"Rita will live, though she will be fighting constantly to keep that bio parasite at bay. You crossed my team today and found yourself on the wrongside of things."

Tapping his head, Luke looks at Parsons, "You cross our path again, either intentionally or accidently, I will leave nothing for anyone to remember of you. You understand don't you?"

Luke leans forward and taps Parsons' pistols, "Those won't do you any good for the next little while. Just to remind you that double crossing always backfires."

Xander pipes in with a reminder on time and Luke goes to join in pushing the salvage wagon through the rift as quickly as possible.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Antipas » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Luke wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:56 am
Even the best laid plans go wrong.

Seems that Black Dow had no idea who or what he had stumbled into whenhe tumbled over Xander and Luke's exoskeleton. One thing for certain, Xander seemed to have had a rude awakening and realized that it was possible to end up in a worse situation than having to deal with a lovely Talayuki. Very quickly, the exoskeleton reforms itself around Luke and feeds him the warning.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:40 am
” Warning... Warning... Rift is unstable. The longer we wait the more likely it will colapse. Warning...”
As Luke stands he starts, he sees that Azume may be a bit out of her element. He starts issuing instructions and ticking the items of on his mental checklist.

"Heads up 77th. We have no time. I repeat not time. We need to be through that portal yesterday."

"Alenys, bring down whatever you have found, quickly. Need you in human form before crossing the portal."

"Holly, Azume, Tsume. Grab Black Dow and his two dead henchman head for the portal"

"Pas, Smith. Secure the other side of that Rift and make the pathway clear and wide, we are coming in hot and time is at a premium."

Radoing to the Survey team. "Proceed with caution. Extreme caution in dismantling the device. Also I need you to cover our retreat by torching this valley and covering everything with large sheets of lightning. If anything moves or breaths or walks from this area, take it down with fire and lightning."

As everyone is gathering gear and equipment and making a mad scramble for the portal, Luke walks over to Parsons and Rita.

"Rita will live, though she will be fighting constantly to keep that bio parasite at bay. You crossed my team today and found yourself on the wrongside of things."

Tapping his head, Luke looks at Parsons, "You cross our path again, either intentionally or accidently, I will leave nothing for anyone to remember of you. You understand don't you?"

Luke leans forward and taps Parsons' pistols, "Those won't do you any good for the next little while. Just to remind you that double crossing always backfires."

Xander pipes in with a reminder on time and Luke goes to join in pushing the salvage wagon through the rift as quickly as possible.
Notice 5 looking thru rift, 7 otherwise
Modifiers +2 MOS, -2 thru rift
Notice 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
Antipas tries to hide his amusement at Parsons glare. Once Rita stirs he only has eyes for the rift, looking thru it as it forms he can see that it is the same place as before and from up close one of the bodies looks even more like his sister Eunike. Then he sees one of the others move. "We have a survivor. Heading in to secure. Stepping quickly into the rift before Luke even finishes organizing, Antipas goes thru.
Intended actions once thru
First he will sweep the room for hostiles, keeping an eye on the "survivor" and queitly assuring the man he's a friend and tp stay quiet. Them he will check on the woman who looks like his sister.
Last edited by Antipas on Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:12
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on: Exalted Armor +5 MD armor (1) Exalted Smite on Nemisi +4 damage electricity trapping (3) Shades +2 notice, -1 gang up by supernatural enemies
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken)
Bennies: 2/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Tsume » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Tsume is a bit surprised as Boomer asks her the question "Free?".

Tsume doesn't look like she really wants to deal with that. She glances around at the others then remembers that Azumi is in charge. "Nya, She's in charge-nya. Ask her-nya!" She points at Azumi.

Tsume listens to Luke's orders and waits for Pas and Smith to secure the other side.

*Delayed Action follows*

Tsume grabs Black Dow's body, "Alright Luke-nya." I hope I can make it! she thinks as she runs for the Rift, knowing this is likely not going to be good.
Spirit Check 1
Spirit 1d8-4 = 1: 5
Wild 1d6-4 = 1: 5
Tsume goes through the rift and hijinks will ensue on the other side!
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 13 ; Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Luke » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Luke nods as Antipas heads through the portal before he finishes giving instructions.

"Just drag him, Tsume. They have information we need. They come with us in whatever state. We will share the loads once we gather near the portal."

Xander chimes off with time to rift closing.

"77th lets go. Our window of opportunity is closing on us. Anyone else needing help with their assignments, speak up."

Luke leaves Parsons and Rita, but not before pointing out a safe location clear of the oncoming carpet bombing.

Luke is watching others in motion and realizes by her blank look, that @HollyTalayuki did not understand him.

Xander connects with Luke and replays segments of the last few conversations.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:33 am
Brush and small trees break as a Legion mountaineer arrives on scene. Captain Bill Brasky of Survey team six pops open the door and waves, ” Ahoy there!” He is about 9 feet tall solid muscle, and a big red bushy beard. A suit of gladdius exoskeletal armor rests easy on his body.

Seeing @HollyTalayuki he smiles and says in broken Talayukian, ” Glad see safe my ally.” Driving the mountaineer a 17 year old girl short brown hair and dirt smudges over face smiles and waves at Holly. In the mountaineer’s laser turret a half cyborg nods to the 77th.

Bill Brasky frowns looking at the group trying to save the rifters life. His stare is peircimg and thoughtful. ” Shit that rifter look bad off. My teams medic took a couple of lasers to the chest. Fucking coalition.” His voice changes growing a bit softer, ” See you found our Holly.”
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:40 am
Bill Brasky of Survey team six cocks his mighty head to one side thinking deep about a few things. He calls over to @Azumi Archambault, ” Azumi, you seem to have a handle on things here. I think it might be best to take Holly with you. Looks like one of your team members speaks her lingo. Rifting in behind someone you might need another heavy hitter. Plus she is pretty good with tech. We can uhh, transport that device to the castle and make sure you guys get a cut of the salvage.” He points to the mini cooper sized cylinderical device that nearly created a bio zomibie apocalypse and chuckles when he sees Smith bare chested.

He calls out to @Smith, ” Just like ole times huh Smith. Where is that grackle eh?”

To @HollyTalayuki he grins a mouthful of pearly whites. In perfect Talayukian he says gently ” These legionaires need you. I know what you did for us, and you have my thanks. Watch out for them eh?”
<Remind me to build a communication collar for her.> Xander makes an audible AI grumble but says nothing

(In Talayukian) "Forgive me Holly. Got a lot of different people here. Please grab the dead bio borgs and take them through the portal. Thanks. "
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [10] Adrenaline Surge:
    Your hero gets an additional and immediate turn (including new movement).
  • [42] Ace:
    Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.
Luke
Edit Signature

HollyTalayuki
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by HollyTalayuki » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:32 pm

-Holly listens intently to Luke's story thinking of what she can do to appease Xander thinking if it's this Robo kitty maybe we buy parts to fix a new one with her? While listening Brasky shows up interupting Holly: Bill!Bill! Really glad to see they held up their end or I'd Chase them to the ends of the cosmos.. They didn't want an angry Talayukian.. -Upon him asking her to leave with them she frowns dismayed by the short reunion and sighs- Obviously I don't have time to argue.. I want a full report on everything that happened.. if any shots were fired after our deal I owe that guy a head removal.. I'd gladly give myself up to protect you a hundred times over.. no ally in my pact will suffer if I can help it.. I'm glad.. remember I want an update.. -Looks at Luke- Guess I'm with this pack for now.. Enjoying your company so not a bad situation at all for me.. -She looks serious her demeanor changing to a work based one losing some of her playfulness and Wolf's out returning to her original form to bolt to the bioborgs as Luke states it barley letting him finish his sentense and throws both over her shoulder using her fast pace to follow Tsumes lead and brings the bodies to the portal easily carrying them since she had nothing else to carry and smiled taking a last look at Bill- Whatever mess this is I'll help them clean it up... But you better stay safe in my absence.. Luke add one large wolf howl to the party... I won't fail you. -Nodding with the serious look she turns to the portal and as she jumps through exclaims- Introduce the rest of the pack when we aren't in a time jam will ya? Tas-kei Luke. -After no longer needing her speed she drops her size to accommodate the smaller room as she jumps in the portal and upon heading to the other side stepping to the left of the portal as soon as she makes it through and takes notice of the new surroundings doing all of this without hesitation eager that she could help-
Notice Check:
OOC Comments
1d4 = 1: 1Wild: 1d6 = 5: 5

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: The Shoe Smells

Post by Alenysturathe » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:37 am

Notice 1
-2 for rift energy
Notice 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Armor supertech points 5, spending them on Intangibility
1d4+2 = 5: 3
Intangibility 10
-1 Fatigue
K. Electronics 1d4-3 = -2: 1
Wild 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Elan EE 1d6+3 = 9: 6
Ace 1d6+9 = 10: 1
Spirit 1d6-1 = 0: 1 Ignore. Wrong skill
Wild 1d6-1 = 0: 1
Devil’s Gate
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenys actually swooned when Smith winked at her. She fell to the grass with a sigh, staring up at the sky and ley line around them. She studied the armor she had found under the tree. It was like the armor those Coalition guys had worn, though the skull on the chest had a big red X through it, and there was some other interesting wiring inside of it. She stood up and put it on. It fit pretty well!

“Now I am the Punisher!” Alenys said, miming a machine gun and making the noises.

She looks up again when Rita stirs. “You gonna be okay? Because you still owe me!” Alenys reminded her, taking back her charm necklace and returning it to her own neck before sealing on her helmet.

“Oh, cool!” Alenys exclaimed as the HUD came up. “I can walk through walls in this thing!” She practiced a few times activating the phase field.

As they dashed through the rift, Alenys followed. On the other side, she activated her intangibility field, becoming insubstantial as she looked around the small house. “What is this place?”
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
-1 Fatigue
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 5/10; PPE: 10/10
Rifle: 20/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 3/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Not Today: Play after any other character’s attack roll to cause it to automatically fail. This is a critical failure.

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”