Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post Reply
User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3397
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:56 am

The Future!
A village covered in snow. Ruins of small homes, and a large barn dot the decidedly frozen landscape. The sky is dark and filled with the hints of electric discharge. Zzzzzap! A single man is kneeling cloaked in a deep grey cloak with a scripted FB it hides his cyberknight armor well. He is brushing off the soft powdery snow that had covered a wooden sign that reads: Welcome to Shamlin. He then looks up towards the sky and grimaces.

His breath make a trail of steam as he whispers, ” Xander what happened here?”.

Next to him an autonomous suit of armor of In’Valin design appears dropping its invisibility cloak. The armors’ voice responds matter of factly with little emotion, ” Lord Coake, my sensors are indicating the towers Captain Claude had placed have malfunctioned to the point it has blotted out the sun and left this world a frozen wastse land.”

Lord Coake shakes his head frustrated, ”Damn Xander... First those bio zombies... We lost Parsons, Alexis, and Remy... Xander what about Bill?”

The armor suit cocks its head slightly, and a small receiver with several blue plates on it extend and spin with great fervor, ” Conact established. Updating time incursion... Processing... Bill Brasky is at the head quarters of the Future Brigade after sucessfully depositing Holly into the teams path. I am also detecting an anomoly about 50 miles away hovering over the ruins of Dweomer... A floating mountain.” Xander pauses looking towards the barn.

Lord Coake looks down at his wrist at an integrated holographic pad built into his cyberknight armor. Images fly by rapidly. He grunts, ” It seems the 13th have encounted Giest... Is this their second time?” He allows himself a small smile, ” Sometimes I forget how often they fought that Bitch.” Another image flies by and another on his wrist. He finally pauses on one and breathes a steady stream of hot air, ” Damn... Can we send...”

Xander interupts, ” Sent Sir. The Skellian‘s have been dispatched... Updating... Updating... Updating... Only Daphne remains. I am trying to interface with my younger programming... Dzzzzt.... Dzzzt...” . The armor freezes for a moment, even the bits of falling snow seem to slow down as they come within a foot of the armor.

Suddenly the armor sprouts heavy weapons of all kinds a tri barrel railgun, mini missle tubes pop out its chest. It shouts a urgent mechanical warning, ” Sir... We are not alone something survived this desolte place!!”

Lord Coake’s psionic blade extends from his palm as the ground trembles and a shadow eclipses the two.
Welcome to the barn. Wake up! is the last thing you remember and your eyes drift awake in a well lit area. You find yourself on the floor of a rather huge barn with the lighting being provided by several florecent lights running through the wood beams high above you. Like something that would hold lots of live stock, and grain/food for a long winter season. Big enough to certainly hold Al and Holly in their natural forms thats for sure. You are all lying down in a circle with your heads forming the points of the circle. The ground is a rough wood covered with bits of hay. Your gear is off to one side neatly organized by person. Moving arround the barn you notice a few things and have some time to try to peice it all together to uncover what brought you together in this barn. Afterall didn’t you just rift in and can this somehow be connected to the dreams of joinng the legion? Oh lets not forget Smith looks super sexy with a stubble!

What you find are bits of wire and a fine yellow powder on the ground intersperesed between the bodies of the 77th. A hi tech computer like a apple laptop is smoldering on the ground in the center of the group about 2 feet from everyone’s head. A slight scent, reminicient of iron wafts down from above you from somewhere high in the barn’s rafters. A large window with shutters locked in place prevents anyone from seeing out. Large wooden barrels, about 5 feet round and 8 feet tall, of what should be foodstuff have been moved to one side of the barn out of the way. One barrel seems to be rocking slightly. Poorly hidden is a wooden trap door on south side of the barn oppisite the shuttered window. Lastly a door to one side of the barn leads to another foom filled with personal affects, pictures, and ledgers! Interestingly where you would expect to find a large barn door leading out there is none. In fact there does not appear to be a way out.

Time to do a bit of getting ready and investigate what happened and the barn you are in.



Directions: React, take the time to get ready, and make a single skill roll to interact with one of the hooks up in the narrative. Next GM post will fill you in on what else you might find based on the skill roll and how successful you were. One thing about the weapons and armor, unless nuclear powered high tech weapons have had the ammo either removed or power packs/e-clips drained. I am also up for a player to create something they want to take a look at. Hit me up and lets weave it in.

Scene Difficulty: 0

List of hooks for ease of use: Also called a Clue-by-four.
  • Iron smell from rafters.
  • wire and yellow powder
  • burnt out lap top
  • shuttered windows
  • trap door on the south
  • room with personal affects
  • Finding the way out.
  • Barrels of “Food”.
Ok cool mr. GM but who the fuck is Giest?? Mostly a bit of an easter egg for myself and other folks that play in or have read the 13th adventure. You probably can gloss over that point. I like to think all the games I GM are connected some how. Blame marvel.

Oh oh what about my grenades and thermal detonators? Cool man thanks for loading the badguys up with that stuff!

My creds man!? What about those? Yup, still there I am not completely heartless.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Luke » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:05 am

Sudden Awareness.

Excruciating Pain.

Black Out.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Antipas » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:04 pm

Generic Notice 7
Notice 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Rolling to his feet and into a low crouch as soon as he awakes Antipas has a hand on the ornate sword tattooed on his left wrist. Giving the room a quick but thorough look over to get his bearings. Shit, they took Xander off Luke He runs his hand over the triple eye tat on his forehead and the tattoo and runes around it light up momentarily as he cautiously moves to his gear.

First he puts his earbud back in and turns on his comm, "Xander are you online? Please report." As he calls for the suit and it's AI pilot as he slips on his jacket and grabs his enchanted blade. As he awaits a reply from the AI he stalks towards the moving barrel, pausing only to check Lukes vitals. Closing on his target the undead slayer circles it a bit, looking behind and around it to before looking to open it to see what/who is inside.
Challenge roll
Notice for Challenge, Notice 1d6+2 = 4: 2 Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Alenysturathe » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:37 pm

K. Computers 4
+2 field computer
K. Computers 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Barn
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe gave a rumbling groan as the world started to press in on her consciousness again. She stretched her aching muscles. She was a dragon again, she realized as she fluttered her eyes open and took in the room around her, a barn of some kind. With a thought, she shrank down to human once more and gathered up her gear.

Pas was the only one conscious yes, so Alenys asked him, “Where are we? What happened?”

She gathered up her gear, noting that someone had drained the e-clip on her laser rifle. That was okay. She still had her bow, but she would need to charge her rifle again. She still wore her armor, too.

Noting the fried laptop, Alenys picked it up and turned it over, studying it. “I’ll see if I can get what was on this.” She went to a workbench and pulled out her field computer and hooked it into the fried laptop, taking it apart to get to the guts as she worked.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Antipas » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Alenysturathe wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:37 pm
K. Computers 4
+2 field computer
K. Computers Original post: 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild Original post: 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Barn
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe gave a rumbling groan as the world started to press in on her consciousness again. She stretched her aching muscles. She was a dragon again, she realized as she fluttered her eyes open and took in the room around her, a barn of some kind. With a thought, she shrank down to human once more and gathered up her gear.

Pas was the only one conscious yes, so Alenys asked him, “Where are we? What happened?”

She gathered up her gear, noting that someone had drained the e-clip on her laser rifle. That was okay. She still had her bow, but she would need to charge her rifle again. She still wore her armor, too.

Noting the fried laptop, Alenys picked it up and turned it over, studying it. “I’ll see if I can get what was on this.” She went to a workbench and pulled out her field computer and hooked it into the fried laptop, taking it apart to get to the guts as she worked.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
"Short version, we just escaped an enemy trap. I'll explain more when the others get up." Nodding to her efforts with the computer "Good plan, Lukes down until we find his suit."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Luke » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:17 pm

In the dark, Luke struggles to right himself. Up and down are all mixed up. Heck even the third and fourth dimensions are not rightly explained here.

Need to talk to Antipas about this. I believe this is an area of his knowing.

His breath comes slow and though labored he feels himself losing ground.

What a pain. The Wasting Disease may actually claim me here. At least I think I am still on Earth.

Luke blacks out once more.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Smith » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:30 pm

Smith wakes up but keeps his eyes closed for a few, just in case. When he's sure there is no immediate threat, he opens his eyes and gets a look around the place. His hand reaches to his chest and he frowns. Seriously? He absently scratches the patch of hair on his chest and then finally stands. He sniffs at the air and looks up at the rafters. "Does anyone else smell that?"

Seeing Alenys with the computer peaks his curiousity. He heads over to her and smiles warmly. "Anything interesting?"

He reaches out with his mind, helping examine the laptop.
25

Telemechanics
Psionics 1d10 = 10: 10
Ace 1d10 = 3: 3
Wild Die 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
1d6 = 1: 1
His eyes glaze over as he feels electrical fields as easy as he feels the shirt not on his back. He walks around, trying to find something electronic to communicate with.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Luke » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Not sure what keeps bringing me back to this 'space'. But I am alert once more.

Let us see what Science can do for me in deducing my situation.

Science 6 _
K/Science 1d10+2 = 4: 2
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Alenysturathe » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:09 am

Barn
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenys giggled as Smith came over, staring at his glistening chest. Her fingers started almost idly tapping at the computer as she distractedly hacked at it. She moved closer to Smith as his eyes glazed over, pressing against his side, holding the computer for him. Her other hand left the computer and ran over the patch of hair on his chest.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by HollyTalayuki » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:35 am

*Yawns and stretches realizing she's in full Talayukian form and startled gets to her feet* How long was I out? *She looks around analyzing the situation and attempts to shift into her restraint form slightly realizing she can* Crap! Long enough for my restraint to break and rejuevenate? Now I'm pissed.. *She growls* Nobody takes time away from me like that and gets away with it.. *She notices Luke running her claw super gently across his back and hand* That's no good.. your suit isn't here.. *Clenches her fists angry* Stay with me Luke.. I won't let this beat you if I can help it.. We just met but I promised I'd help. *She waves to Antipas* Not sure if you can understand me big guy but my priority is to help Luke if you got any ideas I'm all wolf. *Points at Luke with a disdained look to show her concern hoping something comes from it.* Welp.. won't get him a suit or medical attention in here.. maybe if I get out I can scrounge up some temporairy thing until we find Xander.. But I need to help stabilize him.. Enemy had us last I think.. so escape? Well then... For Luke. I don't want to waste time.. So even if this is dangerous.. no... because it's dangerous I will take the direct approach.. Doors still got another side.. even if it's likely problematic.. here's to hopefully making progress. *She howls moving to the door and checks the lock from the side then pulling out her claws to jam into the door from the side to try to avoid issues and pry the whole door off the hinges and into her hands with her strength* One exit coming up.. Luke I'll find something to help you.. I'll carry you on my back as long as I have to... I'm not giving up on you so don't give up on me. I'll find supplies and refashion some kind of tech for you until then.. My power is yours to get things done.

1d10 = 1: 1 Fighting the door for exit.
1d6 = 4: 4 Wild Dice

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Antipas » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:40 pm

HollyTalayuki wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:35 am
*Yawns and stretches realizing she's in full Talayukian form and startled gets to her feet* How long was I out? *She looks around analyzing the situation and attempts to shift into her restraint form slightly realizing she can* Crap! Long enough for my restraint to break and rejuevenate? Now I'm pissed.. *She growls* Nobody takes time away from me like that and gets away with it.. *She notices Luke running her claw super gently across his back and hand* That's no good.. your suit isn't here.. *Clenches her fists angry* Stay with me Luke.. I won't let this beat you if I can help it.. We just met but I promised I'd help. *She waves to Antipas* Not sure if you can understand me big guy but my priority is to help Luke if you got any ideas I'm all wolf. *Points at Luke with a disdained look to show her concern hoping something comes from it.* Welp.. won't get him a suit or medical attention in here.. maybe if I get out I can scrounge up some temporairy thing until we find Xander.. But I need to help stabilize him.. Enemy had us last I think.. so escape? Well then... For Luke. I don't want to waste time.. So even if this is dangerous.. no... because it's dangerous I will take the direct approach.. Doors still got another side.. even if it's likely problematic.. here's to hopefully making progress. *She howls moving to the door and checks the lock from the side then pulling out her claws to jam into the door from the side to try to avoid issues and pry the whole door off the hinges and into her hands with her strength* One exit coming up.. Luke I'll find something to help you.. I'll carry you on my back as long as I have to... I'm not giving up on you so don't give up on me. I'll find supplies and refashion some kind of tech for you until then.. My power is yours to get things done.

Original post: 1d10 = 1: 1 Fighting the door for exit.
Original post: 1d6 = 4: 4 Wild Dice
Processing the situation they were in as he approaches the barrels Antipas comes to an unwelcome conclusion. With Azumi gone, Luke still under, and Smith not seeming like the take charge type he was going to have to change gears and try to lead before they suffer any more losses. Before he can try to communicate to Holly the need to look around some though the impulsive youngling howls and begins to assail the only apparent exit, the shuttered windows.

Well fuck, there goes surprise The thought is followed by a chuckle and his wife's voice in his head Now you know how Luke and I feel He scoffs mentally My "impulsiveness" is measured and tactical "We really need to get a translator for her."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Antipas » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:42 pm

Luke wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:06 pm

@Antipas "Pas you can do this. There will be time to sort the details out."
With a burst of inspiration Antipas decides to try and redirect the young Talayukian. " @HollyTalayuki, HOLLY." Once he has her attention the undead slayer holds a finger to his lips. He then points to Luke, then his own coat, then motions at their surroundings, ending with a shrug. He then points to her, his eyes, then the back room that seems to hold equipment.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Smith » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:54 pm

Smith is oblivious to Alenys' touch as his focus is fully immersed in the realm of machines. He reaches out, looking for a signal to connect with.

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by HollyTalayuki » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:23 pm

Antipas wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:42 pm
Luke wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:06 pm

@Antipas "Pas you can do this. There will be time to sort the details out."
With a burst of inspiration Antipas decides to try and redirect the young Talayukian. " @HollyTalayuki, HOLLY." Once he has her attention the undead slayer holds a finger to his lips. He then points to Luke, then his own coat, then motions at their surroundings, ending with a shrug. He then points to her, his eyes, then the back room that seems to hold equipment.
Holly hears Antipas her ears flicker and turns her attention to him after her attempt to rip open the exit and expect what she accomplished. She nods believing he wants her to be more silent after her apparent rough housing howl and window thinking to herself (Damn it Holly.. Don't let your emotions and isolation cloud your judgement.. Talayukian are emotional but you know better to think things through.. Guess I kinda made myself known a little too much..) *Sighs realizing her over enthusiasm may have caused a head ache for Antipas* (Hopefully he can forgive me for that she thinks) She inspects what she did but before going out walks over to the room Antipas pointed to her keeping silent foot steps despite her large size to see if she can access what he wants of her. Speaks softly "Antipas" *She states his name slowly but clearly that she learned before and tries to interpret directions beyond the room* "You need my services?" *Stating it despite him likely not understanding*

Notice: 1d4 = 4: 4 Check for any useful tech to refashion to help Luke/Accommodate useful gadgets.
1d4 = 1: 1 Aced. Added roll. Total: 5
Wild Die 1d6 = 3: 3

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Tsume » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:52 pm

Notice 17
Notice 1d4 = 2: 2
Wild 1d6 = 6: 6
Ace 1d6 = 6: 6
ace 1d6 = 5: 5
Tsume sits up suddenly then just looking around the room slowing taking in what is going on.

Luke's not in his suit.

Antipas seems to be trying to direct Holly

Alenys is getting fresh with Smith while he is tripping on that laptop he is holding.

After scanning everything going on. She hops to her feet and walks over to the trap door and tries to determine if it has been used recently.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3397
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:04 pm
Antipas finds food
The barrel is pretty disturbing and probably unexpected. Despite the barrel’s size a single insectoid creature is in it. Humanoid in structure, though with wings and extra limbs. as well as alien insect heads with multiple large, multifaceted eyes. It is gray in color and its eyes an irridecent green. It looks like what would be a set of attenae that have been cut or ripped off. As Antipas approaches or looking into the barrel it foams at the mouth clearly hungry. At the bottom of the barrel near its harry feet are a pile of bones and the remnants(almost ruined beyond recognition) of what looks vaguely like a cyber knights armor.

What is certian this creature as Antipas approaches or opens the lid enrages and comes at him with pincered claw! ”Bzzztttzzz!!!” A flurry of molted gray carapase and three pincers ( it would have been four but one had been damaged and was slowly regenerating) try to entangle the undead slayer.

Feel free to narate how Antipas resolves this with a fighting roll.
Survival Roll ( I leave it up to you how much you know about the Xictic). But if you know nothing make the roll at -4 and take a benny.
Al and Smith fight a computer
The busted lap top was an incredable piece of machinery. It has a screen, holographic mateix projector, intuative keyboard, and a slot on one side that is cylinderical. At least it was functioning before something over loaded it. Most likely it was comparable to a grade V computer with technowizard crystals giving it possibly the ability to connect remotly to other wireless electronic systems and even a quantum possibility generator. Hardware issues aside the duo is able to coax the maxhine into one last gasp its cracked screen displaying the last program in its native Techno Can. Invisible Anchor: Simulation the Tomorrow Legion. Discovery-tila aktivoitu 27,5 päivää. Hankkeen sankarillinen tunkeutuminen.
The screen turns red and Al can tell some kind of security program has been activated. Smith can hear in his mind an angry voice speaking in the language of demons. Either way both see or hear the following: I am Night Terror, ”زما له کوره وباسي”

Both computer experts can tell the lap top is about to over load making the machine something that could(?) be repaired by the right person into a machine that was no more.
Feel free to include your heroics to save the computer from being completely destroyed if you like by making a computer roll TN is 7 (sorry about the invalid dice code) Invalid dice code! Wild Invalid dice code!. Also PM me if you can speak/read Techno-can and or Demonic.
(If you choose to save it, the computer is unresponsive until a Technowizard has a good amount of time to repair it)
Luke’s mind goes forward in Time
It looks cold outside as you lay in a snow drift. A fallen sign rests near you half burried in snow: Shamlin. The snow should be hitting your limbs but it just goes right past you. The soft crunch nearby draws your attention to Xander running towards you. Only this can’t be Xander, too many new attachments. Hey a triple barrel rail gun popping out from the forearm sounds like a cool upgrade. He also has a symbol on the right shoulder a strange scripted FB. A strange supertech fueled attenae that perhaps you may have conjured up once on the back of a napkin is sparking softly with a white light. A loud explosion comes from the west. A man’s voice yells from that direction, ” Xander get in this fight! Hit it!”

The suit of armor errily familiar and yet upgraded beyond anything you drempt of replies, ” Yes Coake!” Mini missiles and its rail guns open fire.

The suit briefly looks down at you as it steps through your leg. You don’t feel anything. The machine’s voice lacked any empathy or passion, ” Luke I was not there for you. There is a war going on. Claude and his...”

Another explosion rocks nearby and Luke catches a glimpse of a hulking monstrosity. Red and sparkling it towers in the distant with a lone human form before it with a raised psi-sword trying to beat the creature back.

Xander says, ” Luke, beware the Night Terror.” Another expotion rocks nearby and you see Xander engulfed in flame. Then you are back in the Barn dealing with your wasting disease.
74D1317B-7EDA-4816-9262-C658354DEDE0.jpeg
Night Terror
Tsume Trap door of wonder
The trap door, easily large enough for a furry beetle to slouch through opens up via a mechanical gear press. The door itself was perhaps too large to really conceal but someone had sprinkled hay over it in a vain attempt. Also above trap door in the rafters is where the ironish smell is most pungent, it also stinks more than a bit of rotting flesh. As you open the trap door a small braclet slides off the raising door easily caught by your hand/paw. An interesting trinket. Made of what appears to be silver, well polished and it has many glyphs similar to the tatoos you noticed when you were inspecting Gerald Bision.

The trap door now open reveals a carved path made of rock, and again large enough for a beast of burden to walk through. The rocky path only goes about 20 feet before you hit a rock wall that seems to have a fair amount of black scoring on it. Lesser investigators would have missed a series of stones about a brick in size broken on the ground each with a sigil and if you try to pick it up your hair stands on and a chill rolls down your spine as if someone had walked over your grave. There are about 20 stones all together. If they were all connected they could form a large arch way.
Holly Finds the way out
Brute force and raw strength would have lent itself well to a poor designed containment chamber. With each hit holly can hear a tone erupt from the wall he is pounding on. The barrier seems inpenatrible from the inside, as each hit just makes another tone. Its like somethng on the inside of the barn is creating a force field that has not only obscured the door of the barn but also preventing the 77th CIT from escaping. Soft hit makes a low tone, hard hit a high pitched one. The design of such a chamber was not far off from the locking mechisims on Holly’s home world. Different enough to not be Talayukian but close enough for a small amount of trial and error to reveal the right combination of hits and pressure, to create a tonal standing wave long enough to reveal the barn door and get everyone out safe and sound.

A few of Talayukian’s trading parterners use similiar tonal tech. Make a Common kn -4 (even if you fail it, you could perhaps recall it enough to ask an elder Talayukian if you come across one) roll and perhaps your mother or father passed down the knowledge that the tones sound most familiar to the trade partners called Aquatic Daes,
OOC Comments
a hulking race of creatures that have been dwindeling in population for centuries. A fairly agressive trade partner and if it had not been for the Talayukian’s own impressive strength they may have been wipped out instead of seen as an equal by them. Some on talayukian call them fish heads.
Holy also finds some bits and peices of tech parts maybe enough for 2 minor or 1 major super tech/tinker mod
Common knowledge is just smarts roll and in this case it is made at a -4 penalty.
Holly’s bashing did not break the barn like it should, instead it unlocked a sound plesant to the ear that made one wall shimmer and reveal a large traditional barn door and small side one. The side one opens up after a seconds with a heavy exaughting grunt and satisfied sigh. In walks a tall Grackletooth smoking a cigar on his lips and a plasma ejector gripped in his tail. His skin is a bright orange color like he liked to drink carrot juice. He grins seeing everyone in the barn with a look of wonderment and unbridled excitment. His grin spreads when he see’s holly especially. ” Wow! My name is Durango... Welcome to Shamlin. You guys space aliens? Some kind of werdo cultists? Body snatchers? Wow, what are you guys all doing in here?!” He points at Luke a bit concerned, ” What is wrong with that one? He looks sick or somethin’. Let me get Doc to bring over a wheel chair or sometin.” He barks into his radio, Pa! Pa! You know the barn we couln’t get open... You’re gonna never believe what was in it! Get Doc to send us a weelie chair.”.

Durango is a very curious Grackletooth and listen’s with rapped attention to anything the heroes say inching over to a hi tech vase with a sparking blue bird in it. However after a bit Durago’s attention is drawn away up to the door frame of the side door he had opened.
Notice -2
Feel free to end your narative with noticing a soft yellow flashing light coming from the door frame. More on that next GM post :)

The grackletooth raises a good question indeed what are you doing here? Maybe now is the time to react to and share what folks have learned (or at least what they think is going on). Feel free to drop kn history, Geography, or politics roll to know that Shamlin is a town about 30 miles southwest of Dweomer (and Captain Claudes last known position). Roll is made at -2 for it being a small rural town. It is mostly made up of humans and Grackletooth.

+1 Benny for the excellent RP.
1d8+2 = 6: 4
Attachments
223DB1DA-0140-4597-9B92-3EC183937B76.jpeg
Durango
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Antipas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:16 pm

Notice 10
Notice 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Ace 1d6+2 = 4: 2 Opps, +6 more for 10
Survival 0
Unskilled and not from this world so -6 Survival 1d4-6 = -2: 4
Wild 1d6-6 = -1: 5 Ace 1d4-2 = 0: 2
Fighting 7
Fighting 1d10 = 7: 7
Wild 1d6 = 5: 5
While he definitely sees the ravening bug beast in the barrel his eye lingers on the armor in the bottom. Shit. No, that can't be.. It lingers a moment too long and Antipas is uncommonly slow to react, getting shoved back into another of the large "food" containers. Pinned and barely able to move as the snapping mandibles get closer to his face he averts a skull chewing by jamming his left arm deep into the beasts jaws sideways. the idea being to limit the force it can bring to bare. His right hand, still gripping Nemisi, severs another of it's claws before snaking around to place the blade at the back of it's neck. As it's remaining claws slash his sides and back to limited effect Antipas pushes back on it's head while sawing towards himself on the back of it's neck. Seconds later it's head come off with a wet pop.

A bit of blood seeps from his sides and arm but not much and there is far more bug ichor. The insects saliva dripping off his left arm hisses and pops when it hits the floorboards, apparently it's acidic in nature but not powerful enough to mare the undead slayers alchemically treated flesh. Looking up from his fallen foe "Let's not open those others just yet." Crawling inside to retrieve the damaged armor he misses the arrival of the Grackle.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:16 pm
Holly’s bashing did not break the barn like it should, instead it unlocked a sound plesant to the ear that made one wall shimmer and reveal a large traditional barn door and small side one. The side one opens up after a seconds with a heavy exaughting grunt and satisfied sigh. In walks a tall Grackletooth smoking a cigar on his lips and a plasma ejector gripped in his tail. His skin is a bright orange color like he liked to drink carrot juice. He grins seeing everyone in the barn with a look of wonderment and unbridled excitment. His grin spreads when he see’s holly especially. ” Wow! My name is Durango... Welcome to Shamlin. You guys space aliens? Some kind of werdo cultists? Body snatchers? Wow, what are you guys all doing in here?!” He points at Luke a bit concerned, ” What is wrong with that one? He looks sick or somethin’. Let me get Doc to bring over a wheel chair or sometin.” He barks into his radio, Pa! Pa! You know the barn we couln’t get open... You’re gonna never believe what was in it! Get Doc to send us a weelie chair.”.

Durango is a very curious Grackletooth and listen’s with rapped attention to anything the heroes say inching over to a hi tech vase with a sparking blue bird in it. However after a bit Durago’s attention is drawn away up to the door frame of the side door he had opened.
K:History
K:History 13 1d8 = 8: 8 (forgot the_2, applied to ace) Ace 1d8+6 = 13: 7
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
When the door opens and a strange voice begins talking Antipas slowly slips out of the barrel, drawing a throwing knife and staying low until it becomes apparent they're not immediately hostile.

Stepping out and returning the knife to the depths of his coat with a twirl he address the young grackle, "Shamlin huh? Then you must be Kozco's boy, unless he moved on and another big orange bastard moved in. Do you know a kid named Daphne, we need to find her house." He turns to look at the team as he moves to the jar holding Blue, releasing the thunderduck. "Team, this might be a safe place, but gear up before we head out just the same." He them moves to check on his friend as Luke seems to have regained consciousness. "Try not to exert yourself, I might be able to find some locals to help us find Xander."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Alenysturathe » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:01 am

K. Computers 5
K. Computers 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Notice 9
-2 difficulty
Notice 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Barn
Afternoon
Round 0
OOC Comments
Unfortunately Alenys can’t speak Techno-can or Demonic.
“Simulation?” Alenys asked with confusion as they got something from the computer. “So this was running...wherever we were? Oh! It’s going to overload, Smith!”

Alenys frantically attempted to save the computer.

And then a door opened and an orange grackletooth walked in. “Shamlin? Where is Shamlin? Hello, Durango!” she said, giving him a cheery wave.

Then Alenys’ attention was caught by a soft yellow blinking light above the door frame.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Smith » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:15 pm

K/Computers 22
K/Computers 1d8+2 = 10: 8
Ace 1d8 = 8: 8
Ace 1d8 = 4: 4
Wild Die 1d6 = 3: 3
Smith's eyes widen in shock, then he gently sets his hand on top of the computer. "It's ok girl..." he whispers, using his active telemechanics to soothe the machine, "Just calm down, everything will be ok..."

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Antipas » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:44 am

Alenysturathe wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:01 am
K. Computers 5
K. Computers Original post: 1d6 = 5: 5
Wild Original post: 1d6 = 2: 2
Notice 9
-2 difficulty
Notice Original post: 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Wild Original post: 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Barn
Afternoon
Round 0
OOC Comments
Unfortunately Alenys can’t speak Techno-can or Demonic.
“Simulation?” Alenys asked with confusion as they got something from the computer. “So this was running...wherever we were? Oh! It’s going to overload, Smith!”

Alenys frantically attempted to save the computer.

And then a door opened and an orange grackletooth walked in. “Shamlin? Where is Shamlin? Hello, Durango!” she said, giving him a cheery wave.

Then Alenys’ attention was caught by a soft yellow blinking light above the door frame.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
"Yup, a memory simulator." His voice drips with revulsion, it's clear he's had less than good experiences with them. "I'm guessing our mark ambushed us as we rifted in, and put us there. I'm hoping Azumi was dropped somewhere else as the rift was pretty unstable. Shamlin is, or is near to, where we were heading. Claude should be around here somewhere." He then focuses his attention on the glowing door. Fucking hells, what now?
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by HollyTalayuki » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:25 pm

Holly pockets the tech for the upgrades acessing it won't be enough to help Luke yet but may e some crafting later and signs slightly disgusted that she didn't get what she needed to help him but she noticed her bashing broke the lock and on the wall.. Well we'll.. Score one for Holly.. Similar to Talayukian tech! I think I remember something about this.. I should pay more attention.. She wracks her brain to remember more while seeing the new one in and notices his look at her as she begins acessing his grin towards her skeptical. Though she can't understand him she notices Antipas moving in her ears twitching and she gets her claws ready but as Antipas speaks back she notices his concealing of a weapon and assumes hes friendly also taking key points of Antipas speech that despite not being understood she could check not only the expression and actions but his tone to the rest of the group to inform them of safety and it came across in his vocal announcement. Luke trusts him... I trust him.. though I don't trust this guy.. I'll watch and be passive for Luke a d Antipas.. She packs the backpack with the stuff she found and moves towards Antipas and shrugs her shoulders lowering herself into her female wolf girl form staying in Talayukian. "I am yours to use to save Luke. You have my claws to use or restrain as you will.." Holly kneels by Luke checking his stats and verifying the tech she will need to at least stabilize him. "We just met Luke.. If you can hear me this is Holly.. I won't let you leave us yet. *Places her much smaller hand on his and looks to Antipas to show her priority and concern revealing the tech she found and hinting at why her actions were so driven and she gestures in a common way to show she's sorry slightly bowing her head but points at the disabled tech.*



1d8 = 6: 6 Common Knowledge-4
1d6 = 5: 5 Wild
1d4 = 2: 2-2 Notice Roll Light
1d6 = 2: 2 Wild
(Holly dosent notice the light)
Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Luke » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:39 pm

Normal people, maybe earthlings would have just given into the pain and allowed it consume them and then would have died. Luke isn't normal and he certainly is not from Earth, thank the Forge.

Spirit for Will Check _
[*] Spirit 1d8 = 3: 3
[*] Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Benny for Elan (4 + 1)
[*] Spirit 1d8+2 = 6: 4
[*] Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Luke forces his consciousness out of his mind and back into his physical body. Without the nanites found in his exoskeleton, Luke is not healing very fast and recovery is agnozing and terribly slow. With his first labored breath, Luke speaks, "Pas @Antipas? Xander @Pender Lumkiss?"

Luke lays on the ground and does his best wiggle himself from his head to his feet. Anything to look more alive.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Tsume » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:35 pm

The trap door, easily large enough for a furry beetle to slouch through opens up via a mechanical gear press. The door itself was perhaps too large to really conceal but someone had sprinkled hay over it in a vain attempt. Also above trap door in the rafters is where the ironish smell is most pungent, it also stinks more than a bit of rotting flesh. As you open the trap door a small braclet slides off the raising door easily caught by your hand/paw. An interesting trinket. Made of what appears to be silver, well polished and it has many glyphs similar to the tatoos you noticed when you were inspecting Gerald Bision.
Tsume grabs the bracelet and looks at for a moment then she puts it on without even thinking about the consequences. It could be cursed but that doesn't even cross her mind. Must be that new found curiosity she has. She looks at how it looks on her wrist before proceeding down into the trap door.
The trap door now open reveals a carved path made of rock, and again large enough for a beast of burden to walk through. The rocky path only goes about 20 feet before you hit a rock wall that seems to have a fair amount of black scoring on it. Lesser investigators would have missed a series of stones about a brick in size broken on the ground each with a sigil and if you try to pick it up your hair stands on and a chill rolls down your spine as if someone had walked over your grave. There are about 20 stones all together. If they were all connected they could form a large arch way.
Tsume does attempt to pick up one of the stones as the chill rolls down her spine. She stops trying to do that immediately. "Hey guys, there's a bunch of stones down here. Looks like it might be part of some archway."





Tsume walks back after not seeing anyone else coming down and pops her head out of the hole in the ground. As events had been passing above as she was in the tunnel, she missed most of what happened.
Luke forces his consciousness out of his mind and back into his physical body. Without the nanites found in his exoskeleton, Luke is not healing very fast and recovery is agnozing and terribly slow. With his first labored breath, Luke speaks, "Pas? Xander?"

Luke lays on the ground and does his best wiggle himself from his head to his feet. Anything to look more alive.
Notice 11 to respond to Luke's crys
Notice 1d4 = 3: 3
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1 reroll 1d6 = 5: 5
Benny for Extra Effort 1d6 = 6: 6
EE Ace 1d6 = 1: 1
Tsume hears Luke's calls for Antipas and Xander and realizes he is in trouble. She jumps out of the hole and rushes over to him. "Nyaa..." She seems like she is cursing. After she gets to his side she starts chanting a spell in a weird cat like language. She touches Luke to try and heal him or at least attempt to stop what ever is hurting him from getting worse.
Faith 4
Faith 1d6 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 4: 4
Notice -2
Feel free to end your narative with noticing a soft yellow flashing light coming from the door frame. More on that next GM post :)
Notice 4
Notice 1d4-2 = 0: 2
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Cursed with Awesomeness 1d6-2 = 4: 6
Tsume looks up as she is maintaining her spell, noticing the light coming from the door frame.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3397
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Pender Lumkiss » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:41 pm

The Grackle named Durango smiles wide nodding when Antipas mentions Kozco. He holds out a mighty paw to shake the other’s hands as well. Although for some reason he seems a bit(just a tiny bit) put off my humans like Tsume, Al and Smith. Like when Al says hi all cheery its a bit hard for him to match that sense of enthusiasm.

One thing for certain this grackletooth seems to be the trusting type. He looks back out side for a sec, ” Wow, you guys know my Pa? Darn shoot... “ the grackle in his enthusiasm seems to share his thoughts aloud as he eyes each member of the 77th with rapid fascination. He yells over his shoulder apparently to some other folks coming to gawk no doubt at Luke. “Look here, some guy with Tatoos... Who was that coot that used to live here some years back? Oh oh I know I seen some Tattoos on that new family that shacked up... Oh you lookin for Daphne too? Guys you gotta see this! They got one of them large wolves that Robby keeps going on and on about that used to live on ‘Odenhiem. Looks big as one of dem dragons we hear about living up on Dweomer. OMG, she just turned into this cute wolf girl. Like Cadillac says, #Drool. “ The kid nearly choked when he really looks at Tsume.” Pa! It’s like Escape says Magic Girls really do exist and super ugly too, ahh is it bad she makes me afraid?! HOOT! They got a couple sweaty barely clothed techno hounds too! A red one pretty human looking, nothing like a nice big ole grackle lady.” He sounds pretty disappointed but excitement picks up when he takes in Smith ” Pa! Pa! I recognize one of them humans from those mags that Purvy Peet keeps with all those Grackles posing... You remember that one issue with the human! Here he is! Shirt looks ready to rip too!”The kid bowls over sucking in air almost overcome with exitement.

A loud speaker voice from near the doorway finally responds, ” Take it easy Son. What I tell you about running your mouth about strangers? Weelie chair is acoming, what about that little girl Daphne see any sight of her.”


The gracklekid named Durango grows quiet for a moment. He begins to apologize, especially to Tsume and Al ” I am so sorry there. I run my mouth when I get heated. There are plenty of humans here to who will think you are.. Huh... Sexy?” His eyes dart around quickly looking for Daphne and shakes his head and then the barn is engulfed in hellfire.

How exactly that happened many folks in the town of Shamlin will give you there own accounts. From space men looking like aquatic rhinos to a CS deaths head missile barrage. But really only Durango in the years to come could give the real account. According to him it all started with him asking for a wheel chair for the groups criple, although he did not use the word cripple. ” Pa you better hurry up with that chair. This guy looks like he has the worst case of Wood Herpes and Mud Flats I have ever seen.” Wood Herpes of course being an illness semi treatable but left the grackle who been unfortunate to try and mate with the tree folk rather depleted of all energy and life force. Mud Flats was an affliction rare to grackles that left their children younger than 13 hatch years in a state covered in boils as their body became unlivable eventually becoming a pool of flat brown liquid similar to mud.

Secondly Durango would tell you a flashing light, blinking once, twice and thrice just above the door way he was standing in, caught his eye whence he muttered out of sheer surprise, ”That ain’t a bomb?” Indeed it was a bomb The entire barn glee yellow for a split then what Luke would later designate as a force from hell erupted bathing the barn and completely destroying it.

This is usually when Durango would laugh a bit in telling the story because the inept light show gave the 77th barely enough time to get out.

Time to make agility rolls to survive! If you made your previous notice roll you are at a +2. Failed and you are at -2. You can take a -2 to your roll to give some one else a +2 (everyone except Smith and Luke are at the +2 bonus)

Oh man I cannot follow directions and I did not roll notice... Luke did it for RP value and got a Benny. Smith... only way to get that +2 is to rip the shirt.

Oh yeah how much damage and what type? Well let’s see... Given your current circumstance just figure someone had time to observe you and connect you to a sim. Could they have booby trapped the barn with forces capable of dystroying you?????

How come we did not see this trap before? Well there were 8 places to explore and only a handful were explored.

What about? What about my gear and items. You got everything with you (except Luke) and any interesting things found during the barn exploration.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Smith » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:12 pm

Agility 5
WIP
Agility 1d8+2 = 5: 3
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Benny
Agility
Wild Die
Smith nimbly starts to escape yet something grabs him...his shirt! He scowls and with a well practiced motion rips the shirt off, escaping it and the barn.
Last edited by Smith on Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Antipas » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:17 pm

Agility to Escape 4
Modifiers: scene -2. Giving +2 from notice roll to Luke
Agility 1d8-2 = 1: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Bennie to reroll
Agility 1d8-2 = 4: 6
Wild 1d8-2 = 1: 3
Tsume come up from the trapdoor and begins tending to Luke far better than Antipas could, so he starts rekitting his gear as the young grackle rambles. Not long into the tirade his tired mind grasps just what that annoying blinking light is, about a half a second after Smith apparently.

"Shit! That's a bomb, Everyone out now!!" He moves toward Lukes barely conscious form and the squadmates around him. Holly looks at him alarmed but uncomprehending until she spots Smith making for the door. Fucking forge we gotta get that girl a translator He helps her scoop up the near helpless In'Valian. Ushering the girls and Luke ahead of him, Antipas is determined not to lose anymore squadmates.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Tsume » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:20 pm

Heal 10
Heal 1d4 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
Ace 1d4 = 4: 4
Ace again 1d4 = 2: 2
Tsume works her healing magic to keep Luke stable. Using her skills in the art of healing, she tries to figure out what is wrong with Luke. Genetic defect? She thinks.
Agility 8
Tsume has Loyal, will not let a friend in need die.
Giving +2 to Luke, taking -2
Aglity 1d12-2 = 3: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Cursed with Awesome 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Still Cursed with Awesome 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Benny for Extra Effort 1d6 = 5: 5
As everyone comes to the realization the barn is a bomb. She helps Antipas and Holly with Luke and makes for the door.
Last edited by Tsume on Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:14 am, edited 7 times in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by Alenysturathe » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:40 pm

Agility 7
+2 from Notice
Agility 1d8+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Barn
Afternoon
Round 0

"It's okay, girl..." Smith whispered, "Just calm down, everything will be okay..."

“Okay. I’m calm,” Alenys murmured, running her hand down Smith’s chest. She gave a low rumble of contentment in her chest.

“I don’t know what a memory simulator is,” Alenys told Pas.

She walked over to Durango, whose mouth was going off, her short pleated skirt swaying, showing a hint of her red panties as she brushed dirt off of her white shirt and straightened the short tie before she slipped on her new armor and picked up her bow.

Then Durango and Antipas both mentioned a bomb. Alenys’ eyes widened and she dove for the exit, growing larger, red, scaly, turning into a dragon to try and shield the others, grabbing at Durango and the other grapple to bring them with her as she smashed out of the side of the barn to safety before it blew up.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2: The Town of Shamlin, Trapped in a Barn

Post by HollyTalayuki » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:59 pm

1d8 = 7: 7 Agility -2 Assist Luke +2 Extra Effort
1d6 = 4: 4 Wild -2Assist Luke +2 Extra Effort

Stays by Luke and watches Tsume the adorable cat healing him and smiles at her attempt to make Luke comfottable thinking to herself that it's good that others care as well her warm smile at Tsume. Holly finally notices getting the threat of the situation immediately drops down pulling Luke's arm around her gently then transforming to let his body rest on her shoulder comfortably and she notices Antipas picking up slack from the other side and she smiles wider as she feels more comfortable.with him by each passing action despite their language barrier and she nods immediately using her strength and speed to help Luke and Antipas safety escape and slams her claw into the barn to help speed the escape route. She makes sure her body is bracing for impact in case things go wrong so she wouldn't let Luke take the hit before her. "You will make it Luke. I'm here for you just like I promised. I'm your shield. Stay with us!"

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Things the Unconscious Mind Will Do

Post by Luke » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:30 pm

Things the Unconscious Mind Will Do

in the early days of the Wasting Disease In'Valians just gave up and died. It was that easy. Loss of Hope killed million.

The Disease then altered. It did enough to prolong despair and agony. For some In'Valians, they would spend the rest of their lives in a padded white room strapped to a bed screaming at the top of their frail lungs but never able to let go of their physical bodies. Others suffered such physical traumathat they disconnected from the physical world and became locked away inside their minds, eventually dieing because of lack of nuitrition.

The early prototype exosskeletons only made things bearable. Life was able to continue but everything was a struggle. Neuroscience. Biochemical Engineering. Pharamcutical Developments. Avenue after Avenue was explored. The In'Valian body was not equipped apparently to handle the bio-borg comptroller. Likewise cybernetics was a failed attempt. Consideration for MOM implants and psychic adaptation also failed the subjects. In some cases the attempts sped the test subjects towards their deaths. In other cases it intensified the agony and disconnected the subjects further from the physical lives and world.

In all honesty, the Wasting Disease is the cruelest thng to be laid upon one species.

I refuse to let the Disease define me. I am not controlled by it and never will succomb to its destructive paths. There are reasons and explanations. There are ways and means. There are avenues yet unexplored. I will find the cure.

Fight Hard, Agility 7 _
[*] Agility 1d8+2 = 3: 1
[*] Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”