Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »


All players now have common bond with each other. Welcome to the 77th CIT
Welcome to Shamlin, post implosion
The explosion or rather implosion sucks the entire barn, food stuffs, and anything else not nailed down into a yellow vortex. A loud Pop and there was nothing left of it. The only thing marking ye old barn was a two foot deep indentation, and a hole in the earth about the size of a mac truck. Fortunatly the heroes of the 77th CIT come out ok getting out in the nick of time.

Looking up the team can see a towering glitter boy a good five feet taller than any glitter boy known. It’s armor shines brightly in the fading sun’s light. The hatch pops open revealing the face of a smiling grackle-tooth. The grackletooth whom Antipas would recognize as Kozco spits from his well placed perch inside the armor, ” Well I’ll be a D’norr’s uncle. Some fancy team work there, not since the Tolkeen war have I seen a group of folks move like they were on the same page.” The Glitter Boy’s boom gun which was pointed towards the barn relaxes and through a series of hydraulics finds it a secure placement on the back of the power armor( just to the side of a laser engraved UR-10 marking).

Durango shakes his head possibly near some place close to Al, ” Ohhh... Why am I seeing red...” If a grackle could blush Durango would be as he quickly tried to scoot back. ” Ahh that was amazing... Pa, just look at them. This one here is super strong!”. Of course refering to Al. ” Then, those ones grabbed the Wood Herpes one... Then the one from Pete’s mags took his shirt off...”

Behind him a throng of folks are watching the exchange gasp at Durango’s recap in dramatic fashion. All are either a grackletooth or human. A little girl, about 13 years in age comes up to Durango with an old earth wheel chair with polished metal, red padding, and orange wheels. Durango softly directs her to Luke and she approaches him with the chair. She offers a hand and meekly says, ” Uhhh... Sir... uhhh... Sir.... Uhhh....” Durango quickly comes over trying to smooth out the offer of help.

The grackle has a toothy grin perhaps still realing from the glimpse of red he saw on Al but he musters through, ” Lets get you up into this here Weelie, we can go get some grub at the snack shack and drink to dogged health.”

The Pa, Kozco, in the oversized GB armor nodded somehow getting a cigar into his mouth lit and everything. The grackle snorted blowing out smoke through the open face hatch. The laser drilled pylons anchoring the suit in place retract and the suit moved forward. The surprise in the grackletooth’s voice was evident, ” Antipas... Is that really you son?” . The grackle laughed to himself, ” Haven’t seen you in these parts for about 30 years just before your uncle left to build a better Federation of Magic.” The suit stood upright taking in the red of the 77th. ” My... My... Just look at you all. The name is Kozco, and welcome to Shamlin. What brings you all here, and coming flingin’ out of our imploded barn of all places?”

The little you can see of the town from where you are looks like with the exception of the wood barn the rest of the town is fashioned out of old earth junkers. Its like the town must have stripped cars, trucks, and semi’s for their metal fashioning them into homes and shops.
Notice, everyone
From accross the way area are a series of homes made from yellow VW bugs. A flash of white light can be seen coming from one of them.
Notice -2, Tsume, Luke and Al (Anyone who got Slater)
From the throng of people you could have swore you saw a familiar face. Slater! But its like doing a double take and she either never was or melted back into the crowd of people whom have gathered.

Previous Description: Slater, the other female recruiter. She lives for the verbal exchange in these settings. Each question is an assult, each response a fient. She goes all in for a chatty repartee. Folks around the castle call her man eater, as at the end of her line of questioning it feels like going through a war.
Slater
Slater
78C30117-50EE-48DB-B408-AF8DF608BF63.jpeg (52.3 KiB) Viewed 12758 times
Antipas
Since you were here before about 30 years ago... Uncle’s name was Gryphus Stormforge, rumored to be a friend of Nostro Dunscon and a firm believer in the good a Federation of Magic could bring. You do recall a delapidated GB suit in Kosco’s garage.

For Players, Directions and notes
Items found-
Holly- some misc tech salvage= 10lbs
Luke- Nothing
Antipas- Parts of a cyberknights armor
Al and Smith- TW computer (broken)
Tsume- Interesting bracelet, and stone piece of a broken arcane portal.

Player Direction: feel free to answer Kosco’s question what you are doing here, and react to the scene.

If there is somethign you want to do, narrate it and then toss in an “intentions” occ. If you think there should be a skill roll involved hit me up for a quick consultation. Next GM post will move the story along and provide the result of any intention/skill roll.
Attachments
Shamlin Inspiration
Shamlin Inspiration
7435ACB1-0CEF-4F32-8C14-519BDD07C71A.jpeg (76.64 KiB) Viewed 12758 times
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Notice 7
Modifiers +2 Alertness
Notice [dice:w3xgf2qn]50976:0[/dice:w3xgf2qn] Bennie for EE [dice:w3xgf2qn]50976:2[/dice:w3xgf2qn]
Wild [dice:w3xgf2qn]50976:1[/dice:w3xgf2qn]
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:13 am

The Pa, Kozco, in the oversized GB armor nodded somehow getting a cigar into his mouth lit and everything. The grackle snorted blowing out smoke through the open face hatch. The laser drilled pylons anchoring the suit in place retract and the suit moved forward. The surprise in the grackletooth’s voice was evident, ” Antipas... Is that really you son?” . The grackle laughed to himself, ” Haven’t seen you in these parts for about 30 years just before your uncle left to build a better Federation of Magic.” The suit stood upright taking in the red of the 77th. ” My... My... Just look at you all. The name is Kozco, and welcome to Shamlin. What brings you all here, and coming flingin’ out of our imploded barn of all places?”

The little you can see of the town from where you are looks like with the exception of the wood barn the rest of the town is fashioned out of old earth junkers. Its like the town must have stripped cars, trucks, and semi’s for their metal fashioning them into homes and shops.
On seeing the older grackle Antipas shows a rare smile, "It sure is old man. Uncle Grif is gone huh, that sucks vacuum. I'm with the Tomorrow Legion these days, we're the 77th." The undead slayer's eyes sweep the crowd of onlookers, "We were enroute to our CO and encountered... obstacles, I can fill you in more later. Right now we need to find young Daphne's home, our friends life depends on it. Also if you have the authority, please have that hole cordoned off and let no one enter." As the chair is brought to Luke he helps to deposit his friend. "Oh and do you have a spare translator laying around?"

He turns to the members of the 77th, "Well guys, Azumi didn't make it here, so unless @Smith has decades of military experience and a hankering for the job, that leaves it up to me to keep us alive until she comes back or Claude assigns us someone better. Let's stick together for now, get Luke his suit and then check out that light." After a seconds consideration he begrudgingly adds "Any questions, concerns or suggestions to the contrary?"
Persuasion (HA!) to get a translator
Modifiers; unskilled 1d4-2, Fanatic -2, net 1d4-4
Persuasion [dice:w3xgf2qn]50976:3[/dice:w3xgf2qn]
Wild [dice:w3xgf2qn]50976:4[/dice:w3xgf2qn] Bennie for EE [dice:w3xgf2qn]50976:5[/dice:w3xgf2qn]
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:13 am
Notice, everyone
From accross the way area are a series of homes made from yellow VW bugs. A flash of white light can be seen coming from one of them.
Notice -2, Tsume and Al
From the throng of people you could have swore you saw a familiar face. Slater! But its like doing a double take and she either never was or melted back into the crowd of people whom have gathered.

Previous Description: Slater, the other female recruiter. She lives for the verbal exchange in these settings. Each question is an assult, each response a fient. She goes all in for a chatty repartee. Folks around the castle call her man eater, as at the end of her line of questioning it feels like going through a war.
78C30117-50EE-48DB-B408-AF8DF608BF63.jpeg

For Players, Directions and notes
Items found-
Holly- some misc tech salvage= 10lbs
Luke- Nothing
Antipas- Parts of a cyberknights armor
Al and Smith- TW computer (broken)
Tsume- Interesting bracelet, and stone piece of a broken arcane portal.

Player Direction: feel free to answer Kosco’s question what you are doing here, and react to the scene.

If there is somethign you want to do, narrate it and then toss in an “intentions” occ. If you think there should be a skill roll involved hit me up for a quick consultation. Next GM post will move the story along and provide the result of any intention/skill roll.
Notice
Notice [dice:2hbj6hu8]50982:2[/dice:2hbj6hu8]
Wild [dice:2hbj6hu8]50982:3[/dice:2hbj6hu8]
Slater Notice
Notice [dice:2hbj6hu8]50982:0[/dice:2hbj6hu8]
Wild [dice:2hbj6hu8]50982:1[/dice:2hbj6hu8]
Having made it out of the barn with the others, she is by Luke's side to assist him and will help him get into the wheel chair when the time comes. She scans the area quickly and spots the flash of light. But soon after Antipas and the Durango leaders start talking, she turns her attention to them, totally missing any sign of Slater popping up. She starts unconsciously playing with the bracelet she put on her wrist as well.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Luke In the Psychic Realm

Post by Luke »

That Rita,she knew more than what she told. Yet, I consider it justice that her body would be wracked by that bio-virus. I have not been in my physical body since.

Something vaguey gave Luke the impression that he had been on his back. He had briefly spoken with the 77th and then they were gone. At least those that remained were now gone. Azumi. Where did she go. Remi left and The dwarf driver gal. Shoot his memory was going in spots, which is not all comforting.

The psychic images of the 77th he could see around him. Their psyches were much bigger than their physical bodies, that much Luke could tell. There was Holly very big and wolfish. Tsume though a cat appeared very human. Smith was cetainly human, and his chest did not glisten in this realm. Thank the Forge. Alenys, here, was a dragon and though he could not tell colors the shape was certainly her. That left Antipas and well, even Luke's eyes were poked out and his ears could not hear and he lost all his other senses, Luke could pick 'Pas out of a crowd of people and things at any distance in any day or age.

The 77th had moved about where ever they had ended up, Luke was still on his back. At some point he had become awareof a new figure entering the picture. Only identification was this guy was a little smaller than Holly and not human.

Apparently there was a conversation and then some mad excitement. Holly was close at that point and Tsume, bless her heart was trying to heal him. He would need to remember their care and concern for him. He was under supervision of Tsume and Holly and the next he was being rushed towards what one would assume is an exit. Holly at one end. Pas at the other. Everyone seemed to fall to the ground.

There was a flare, no a starburst in this realm and Luke had detected a shift among the 77th and the newcomers. There was panic, stress, anxiety, and tension. Then the blast subsided. Maybe a hundred or so bodies were added to the 77ths.

Luke attempts to survey the surroundings from and through his psyche.

Notice 17 _
Location Modifier -2
[*] Notice [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:0[/dice:22yp0zqg]
[*] Wild [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:1[/dice:22yp0zqg]
Benny for Elan
[*] Notice [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:2[/dice:22yp0zqg]
[*] Aced! Notice [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:4[/dice:22yp0zqg]
[*] Wild [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:3[/dice:22yp0zqg]
In the realm he finds himself in, he is unable to identify solid objects. However that does not stop him from picking out the psychic presneces of the 77th. Others cross the landscape of this psychic realm and while he is unable to communicate with the 77th, it does not stop him from trying.

In one of his attempts to communicate, he notices an odd figure. Reaching into his memory it occurs to him that she was one of the interviewers from the Time Lapse sequence from whereever it is they were ported to. Not really that comforting that she, her name was Slater, is here and that she is real.

Luke decides to follow her if he can, wondering how far from his physcial body he can get before something happens.

Investigation 8 _
Unfamiliar Terrain -2
[*] Investigation [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:7[/dice:22yp0zqg]
[*] wild [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:8[/dice:22yp0zqg]
Benny for Elan
[*] Investigation [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:13[/dice:22yp0zqg]
[*] Wild [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:14[/dice:22yp0zqg]
Luke is certain it is one of the Interviewers from the sequence.

Tracking Fail _
Jack of all Trades
Unfamiliar Terrain -2
[*] Tracking [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:5[/dice:22yp0zqg]
[*] Wild [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:6[/dice:22yp0zqg]
Benny for Elan
[*] Tracking [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:11[/dice:22yp0zqg]
[*] Wild [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:12[/dice:22yp0zqg]
She blends in with the other entities in the Psychic Realm and Luke loses sight of her.

Streetwise 5 _
Unfamiliar Taerrain -2
[*] Streetwise [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:9[/dice:22yp0zqg]
[*] Wild [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:10[/dice:22yp0zqg]
Benny for Elan
[*] Streetwise [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:15[/dice:22yp0zqg]
[*] Wild [dice:22yp0zqg]50995:16[/dice:22yp0zqg]
Luke can not remember who interviewed with whom so he reaches out to @Antipas.
Psychic Message to Pas _
"Pas, it is Luke. Slater from the Interview Sequence is real. She is where ever we are now physically. Be careful."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Smith »

Smith listens to Antipas's words, and shakes his head. "Experience? Yes. Interest in taking the job? No. Besides, I have a feeling my part will require me to go solo for a bit..." He looks at Luke, frowning. "Is he going to be operational?"

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Smith wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:11 pm
Smith listens to Antipas's words, and shakes his head. "Experience? Yes. Interest in taking the job? No. Besides, I have a feeling my part will require me to go solo for a bit..." He looks at Luke, frowning. "Is he going to be operational?"
Antipas nods and looks slightly disappointed for a second. " I kinda figured you're better for outrider/infiltrator roles and didn't have much interest in command. I don't blame you. After we find Luke his suit he should be fine. But he's usually not this bad off when he's been shelled, the sim and shock combined might be doing a number on him. "
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe »

Notice 4
Notice [dice:2hslw8nf]51061:0[/dice:2hslw8nf]
Wild [dice:2hslw8nf]51061:1[/dice:2hslw8nf]
Notice 3
-2 difficulty
Notice [dice:2hslw8nf]51061:2[/dice:2hslw8nf]
Wild [dice:2hslw8nf]51061:3[/dice:2hslw8nf]
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe blinked against the light and studied the whole where the barn had been. “Oh, that would have been bad,” she murmured. Then she looked around her at the villagers of Shamlin, concerned she might scare them like she did so many others. So she quickly shrank back down to human form, adjusting her clothes and armor that returned to her lithe young teenage body.

“Shamlin. Where is Shamlin?” she asked, looking around at all the vehicles that had been stripped. She saw a group of yellow bubble cars and noticed the flash of white light coming from it.

“We aren’t sure how we got here,” Alenys told Krozog. “We woke up in the barn attached to some machine.”
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Smith »

Smith nods along with Alenys. "Yeah we just sort of appeared here somehow, and there was this computer..." he fondly strokes the broken machine, and tries to engage with it on the psychic level.
OOC Comments
Dropping a benny to make it do something cool

GM EDIT: Smith can here a tiny squeaky voice inside the machine respond through the tempory link. ” Hello? Is so dark in here. Hello? Smith is that you?” It sounds familiar like that girl Daphne who tried to help you! The machine is smoking and Smith realizes if he pushes it further it might just explode. He might have just enough time for a response.
Smith's eyes widen and he quickly puts the computer on the ground. "What the H?!" "Bill Brasky, you son of a bitch what have you gotten us into?"

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

[dice:chv0ya85]51509:0[/dice:chv0ya85] Notice Roll.
Wild Die [dice:chv0ya85]51509:1[/dice:chv0ya85] Holly intently checks out what the anamoly is while also acessing the crowd to be alert as possible as her ears twitch.

Holly notices Tsume and Antipas helping her get Luke into the wheel chair but realizing her forms a threat and the exploding barn she takes note of the crowd and looks for anyone taking any offensive threats towards her or her allies and after helping sit Luke down she moves to the front of the group as a shield and readies her breath weapon to freeze anyone in their tracks if they move towards her without having to directly hurt them but she wont let her team get in the cross fire. While readying her breath she holds her mouth closed and hides it so that no will know what she will do and she hopes it's not needed.

[dice:chv0ya85]51509:2[/dice:chv0ya85] Notice Check for any possible threats or advances and also who is running afraid versus those that are calmly staying nearby or advancing so she can access each target. Thinking to herself "Lukes vunerable.. I'll be twice as diligent to keep him and the rest safe. Plus.. it's my fault we may be perceived as a threat. The least I can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best... I can't understand anyone so the best I can do is stay defensive and protect them while reading body language.. hell of a road block but I'll do my best in a tough situation."
[dice:chv0ya85]51509:3[/dice:chv0ya85] Wild.
[dice:chv0ya85]51509:4[/dice:chv0ya85] Aced
Total: 9. Holly's eyes sharpely check anything that she can to react accordingly.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

The arrival of fans... All of them.

Kozco noted Al’s dragon form moving back to human form with a smirk but was kind of enough to keep his inside joke to himself. He turned his attention back to answering questions. Of course starting with the dragon now cute girl, ” Well little lady, if you hadn’t changed right back into a cute little girl I would think you might be the spittin’ image of ole Ravagin Red from my days in the Tolkeen war. As to where we are youngin’ you’d be near enough to Dweomer I imagine. About 40-50 miles if I had to measure it.” He smiled at her again taking a drag on cigar as if waiting for something funny to happen.

He regards Luke for a moment making sure he was secure in the wheel chair, ” My Son, I imagine can push your disabled friend here arround town, eh boy?” Durango nods emphatically like his life depended on it.

He looks back to Antipas with a questioning look, ” Aye, Gryphus Stormforge left after he brokered a deal with some furries called Talayukian’s. They come to town time by time and remake the junkers in the graveyard into our buildings and homes. The girls in town really enjoy them.”

In less than perfect Talayukian he says to Holly a common enough greeting, ” May the icey north winds bring you fortune.” He of course got North and South mixed up, but in the meaning of friendship was clear. However like Al he had this knowing smirk nigglin at the corner of his lizard mouth.

Back to Antipas, ”Of course I’ll keep this area off limits for a time being, but we are going to need to rebuid our Barn eventually. You’re looking for Daphne eh Son? Well so are we were. Last we saw of her was about a week ago and she seemed mighty distraught. In fact...” He takes out his cigar pointing it towards Tsume with the same familiar smirk on his face (although to a lesser degree perhaps) ” Your kitty kat pretty pal is fiddlin with her bracelet so I think you might have found her already.”

Suddenly a loud roar, like 50 young girls shouting Oh My God She is So Cute comes from the various homes arround town. Kozco chuckles, as Antipas remembers exactly why he left. Fan Girls! For sure some of the adults were backing away from Al and Holly, however it might be due to the sounds of crazied roars coming from the refurbished auto homes as much as them being monsters.
O-M-G just look at her Ashley she is so cute and cuddly!
Totally HOT, look at those clothes!
Like such a fashionista!

Antipas
Uncle Gryphus once surmised the town’s water supply that comes from a single well at the edge of town was magically blessed to make young children, epsecially girls neigh immune to the fear and infact in someways turn it into infatuation. You are pretty sure he made mention also about the fact folks seem to forget that little nugget as well after leaving towen having quenched their thrist at the local watering hole.
Kozco chuckles as another chorus of She’s so cute erupts from a different part of town, ” I’ll take you over to the Skellian homstead if we can make it. Its actually, if memory serves, where your uncle used to live. Durango grab that wheelie and move...” His voice trails off as about 100 or so young girls, human and grackle come pouring into the city center rushing towards the 77th. They are not your typical anime cutesy fan girls. More like a post post apocalyptic shuffling blotchy skin malnourished some obese patchy skin no doctor to do their yearly check up kind. Though clearly not brain eating zombies they share some striking similarities.

While clearly focused on the two cutest of the group, Holly and Al they don’t pass up the opertinity to cheer for all characters. Even Smith’s glistening chest seems like a candle to their moth like beahvior.

Wow where did you get that tatoo from? Woa who is the creeper in the wheel chair? I love wheel chairs!!! Do you always have kitty hair, where can I get ears like those? Red looks so cool! How can I get a cute little nose like that? Can I touch him?

As the streets fill Kosco sinches up his GB suit stepping out of it. He places an ear piece in @Antipas’s hand and yells, ” Let’s move people!” He tries to lead the way but it’s hard work to over come the fantastical spirited fan girls of Shamlin. The sign at the edge of town warning supernatural creatures such as dragons and Talayukians to stay clear twists in the wind.
Yellow House Across the way
Those had seen the white flash notice a telescopic lens or perhaps scope peak out the window pointing towards the 77th. Notice -2 the scope is focusing in on Smith! Looks like someone is taking photos!
Luke’s failed tracking of Slater
While Slater does disappear eluding you into the crowd, and now throng of crazied fan girls whose psyc eminations are off the chart, you do notice that Slater seemed to be looking very intently at Holly with a slight smile as the Fenrir took a defensive posture.
Smith’s smoking computer
As you disengage from the computer you here in your head the sounds of a little frightened Daphne, ”Don’t leave me in here Smith...”
Antipas’ Kozco gift
Looking down you see Kozco gave you a wilks UT- Mark 1, A universal translator is in your hand. Any damage will will cause it to get dislodged. roll 1/4 when you take damage, odd stays even becomes dislodged.
holly
Since you were some what ready for this given your defensive action take a +2 bonus

Directions tell a story of your escape from the fan girls as Kozco leads you through the streets of Shamlin towards Daphne’s home (Old house of Antipas’ Uncle as well).

+1 benny if the player describes and interesting shop or house made from different car super structure like hoods roofs bumbs, train crates, and what not on their way.

Step 1:
Choose your attribute and roll it at -2 as you try to navigate your way through the children of Shamlin. The adults for their part seem to be taking it in stride and just laugh a little thankful that their little girls are occupied with something constructive and they might have a chance to sleep.
Results:
  • Fail: you still make it to the house with the rest but damn if you feel like you have not rested in about 22 years: Exaughsted (-2 to trait rolls)
  • Success: You made it but you have an inkling as to what it takes to be a parent and find it more that a bit tires you out: Fatigued (-1 to trait rolls)
  • Raise: Nicely done sir! Perhaps you are a natural parent and find it super easy to navigate the throngs of crazied kids all wanting their way all the time. No effect.
  • Double raise (12): Son you are perhaps going down in the annuls of parenting as the one! Give a +1 bonus to any team member.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Where in the world is Luke?

Post by Luke »

Investigation 9 _
Setting Mod -2
Clue Searching +2
[*] Investigation [dice:15hqbdcx]51325:0[/dice:15hqbdcx]
[*] Wild [dice:15hqbdcx]51325:1[/dice:15hqbdcx]
Feeling his body move, Luke attempts again to sort through the psychic energy clusters and influx. He is fairly certain of the 77th, and then he notices the influx of what he would guess is young individuals. LOTS of young individuals flocking, flooding, and otherwise slowing down the 77th.

Where in the Forge are we?

Damn it Slater. What is your involvement in our current situation?


Durango grabs the wheelie chair and steers the infernal contraption with Luke in it. Apparently the long lanky Creeper is enough of a disturbance for the fan girl mob to part. Just to keep them at bay, Durango whips the wheelie chair back and forth to keep the flash mob from converging on their position.

Agility 7, Level of Fatigue -1 Trait Rolls _
Scene Mod -2
Durango Driving +2
Team Assist +2
[*] Agility [dice:15hqbdcx]51325:2[/dice:15hqbdcx]
[*] Wild [dice:15hqbdcx]51325:3[/dice:15hqbdcx]
Luke subconsciously tries to stay in the chair while Durango navigates the streets of Shamlin. The masses don't stay parted for long and a few times Durango has to stop and put Luke back in the chair as he flopped and fliiped out. No muscle control means that Luke is as flexible as a wet noodle and as slippery as a fresh caught trout.
Last edited by Luke on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Task 12
Modifiers scene -2
Vigor [dice:1s4of4oj]51574:0[/dice:1s4of4oj] Ace?!? [dice:1s4of4oj]51574:2[/dice:1s4of4oj]
Wild [dice:1s4of4oj]51574:1[/dice:1s4of4oj] Ace [dice:1s4of4oj]51574:3[/dice:1s4of4oj]

Blue, agility to aid Luke Agility [dice:1s4of4oj]51574:4[/dice:1s4of4oj]
Notice 7
Notice [dice:1s4of4oj]51574:5[/dice:1s4of4oj] Bennie from post to EE [dice:1s4of4oj]51574:7[/dice:1s4of4oj]
Wild [dice:1s4of4oj]51574:6[/dice:1s4of4oj]
Before he can reply to Kozco's concerns about rebuilding and assure the grackle they won't be long the almost tidal sound of the fangirling begins to rise. As it does Antipas' face falls into a weary look of annoyance. Fuck, I knew I had a bad feeling about this town He accepts the communicator from the grackle and slips it on. Activating it he turns to Holly, "We have a lead on Luke's suit. You and I will take point and gently push our way through, with Luke behind us and the others in the rear." Turning to the team, "OK guys, we're headed to where we think Xander is first. Holly and I have point, your three flank or follow Luke and Durrango. Once our science guy isn't about to die we'll worry about solving shit."

Working his way to the front of the team he begins a slow steady crowd push like one might do at a concert. It's grueling push upstream into a mob. A few minuets in he gets an idea to try and use Blue as a distraction. He direct the elemental to fly and do aerial tricks above the crowd any from the team. But the lightning fowl runs afoul of the local architecture when he fails a tight turn. The building in question was constructed of to large cargo containers stacked on end, with a space in between. On top of them was a long bus with an extensive cosmetic add on that made the building look like a giant pi symbol. While dazed for a few minuets, Blue is unharmed by the ordeal.

Out of the corner of his eye he keeps a watch on the blinking. Pretty sure it's a camera of binoculars, and they're focused on Smith. As quietly as he can Antipas says to Smith "You've got eyes on you" nodding subtly towards the yellow building.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe »

Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenys considered Kozco’s words with a tilt her her head, brushing her red hair out of her face. “I do not know a Ravaging Red,” she told him. “And what’s Tolkeen? Or Dweomer?” She tried to remember if she’d seen either one on a map somewhere.

Alenys then blinked in surprise at the mob of fan girls. “Um...what’s all this about?” she asked as they were overwhelmed. “Please...Please don’t--ow! That’s my hair! Just...wait a minute. No, don’t tear my clothes! I don’t have a lot of--”

Alenysturathe gave a roar of frustration and transformed again, her size increasing massively, tossing squealing fangirls left and right. It really only seemed to excite them more. With a beat of her wings, Alenysturathe surged out of the crowd and into the air, taking flight toward the old homestead.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Notice 5
-2 difficulty
Notice [dice:cfax70d0]51623:0[/dice:cfax70d0]
Wild [dice:cfax70d0]51623:1[/dice:cfax70d0]
Strength 11
Strength[dice:cfax70d0]51623:2[/dice:cfax70d0]
Wild [dice:cfax70d0]51623:3[/dice:cfax70d0]
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Alenysturathe wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:18 pm
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe gave a roar of frustration and transformed again, her size increasing massively, tossing squealing fangirls left and right. It really only seemed to excite them more. With a beat of her wings, Alenysturathe surged out of the crowd and into the air, taking flight toward the old homestead.
Antipas is equal parts annoyed and jealous when Al launches into the air. Not for the first time in the last minuet he wishes the town had been overrun with more zomborgs, or demons, hell even coalition chumps. But fangirls?! Cursing the fates he continues the slow march thru the horde.

He keeps his eyes pealed for Slater but is unsure how he'd catch her if she were 10 feet away. @Luke I hear you. Not much I can do about it tho. Focusing on getting you to Xander
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Antipas wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:01 am
Alenysturathe wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:18 pm
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenysturathe gave a roar of frustration and transformed again, her size increasing massively, tossing squealing fangirls left and right. It really only seemed to excite them more. With a beat of her wings, Alenysturathe surged out of the crowd and into the air, taking flight toward the old homestead.
Antipas is equal parts annoyed and jealous when Al launches into the air. Not for the first time in the last minuet he wishes the town had been overrun with more zomborgs, or demons, hell even coalition chumps. But fangirls?! Cursing the fates he continues the slow march thru the horde.

He keeps his eyes pealed for Slater but is unsure how he'd catch her if she were 10 feet away. @Luke I hear you. Not much I can do about it tho. Focusing on getting you to Xander

@Antipas another message, The Astral/Meta-Physical Plane requires more investigation. Yes. Yes. Find Xander. - Silence.
Last edited by Luke on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

Shooting: [dice:2z0830ky]51651:0[/dice:2z0830ky]
Aced: [dice:2z0830ky]51651:4[/dice:2z0830ky] Total 8
[dice:2z0830ky]51651:1[/dice:2z0830ky] Wild
Strength [dice:2z0830ky]51651:2[/dice:2z0830ky]+4-2+2(Defensive Response scene)=13
[dice:2z0830ky]51651:3[/dice:2z0830ky] Wild
Well met on the icy Tundra my good friend! I am in your debt for helping Luke. The chair is very nice. -She hears Antipas and responds still leading and going towards the fangirls- Thank the stars you can univate with me now.. Antipas listen to me. Luke is all I care about right now. You use this chance to get him where he needs to go.. I'll catch up. I refuse to be a hindrance to slowing his recovery. I'm taking distraction point. -She shoots the ice blast into a sculptured wall to lure the fangirls it's created as a 10 furry girl version of herself to show off her other cute wolf girl form while still Talayukian currently and in her hands she writes a basic Talayukian symbol for friendship on a plaque she holds that's shaped like a heart to further touch the fangirls hearts and boost their enamoration towards her and moves towards the left and uses her strength to jump up around it and howls near the top of herself and gently drops down smiling and winks at Antipas as she clears a path and lures them all to her. She lifts one of the children happily basking in the attention as she's usually hated.- Trust me. I'm fast and I will catch up shortly. Back allies and Talayukian mix well. I came from the streets to survive and it's not like their murderers. I can take one for the team. Takuru Antipas. I'll be there in no time. Take care of Luke he shouldn't be knocked around by a fan focused crowd. -Nods to Antipas worry on her face for Luke for a brief moment but she goes back to entertaining the children with her own whimsy smiling as she lifts a few up as well as allowing some fangirls to rub and play with her fur to keep them fully enamored as she moves away to give Antipas all the room he needs along with the rest of the team.

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume »

OOC Comments
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:32 am
The arrival of fans... All of them.

Back to Antipas, ”Of course I’ll keep this area off limits for a time being, but we are going to need to rebuid our Barn eventually. You’re looking for Daphne eh Son? Well so are we were. Last we saw of her was about a week ago and she seemed mighty distraught. In fact...” He takes out his cigar pointing it towards Tsume with the same familiar smirk on his face (although to a lesser degree perhaps) ” Your kitty kat pretty pal is fiddlin with her bracelet so I think you might have found her already.”

Suddenly a loud roar, like 50 young girls shouting Oh My God She is So Cute comes from the various homes arround town. Kozco chuckles, as Antipas remembers exactly why he left. Fan Girls! For sure some of the adults were backing away from Al and Holly, however it might be due to the sounds of crazied roars coming from the refurbished auto homes as much as them being monsters.
O-M-G just look at her Ashley she is so cute and cuddly!
Totally HOT, look at those clothes!
Like such a fashionista!


Kozco chuckles as another chorus of She’s so cute erupts from a different part of town, ” I’ll take you over to the Skellian homstead if we can make it. Its actually, if memory serves, where your uncle used to live. Durango grab that wheelie and move...” His voice trails off as about 100 or so young girls, human and grackle come pouring into the city center rushing towards the 77th. They are not your typical anime cutesy fan girls. More like a post post apocalyptic shuffling blotchy skin malnourished some obese patchy skin no doctor to do their yearly check up kind. Though clearly not brain eating zombies they share some striking similarities.

While clearly focused on the two cutest of the group, Holly and Al they don’t pass up the opertinity to cheer for all characters. Even Smith’s glistening chest seems like a candle to their moth like beahvior.

Wow where did you get that tatoo from? Woa who is the creeper in the wheel chair? I love wheel chairs!!! Do you always have kitty hair, where can I get ears like those? Red looks so cool! How can I get a cute little nose like that? Can I touch him?

As the streets fill Kosco sinches up his GB suit stepping out of it. He places an ear piece in Antipas’s hand and yells, ” Let’s move people!” He tries to lead the way but it’s hard work to over come the fantastical spirited fan girls of Shamlin. The sign at the edge of town warning supernatural creatures such as dragons and Talayukians to stay clear twists in the wind.

Directions tell a story of your escape from the fan girls as Kozco leads you through the streets of Shamlin towards Daphne’s home (Old house of Antipas’ Uncle as well).

+1 benny if the player describes and interesting shop or house made from different car super structure like hoods roofs bumbs, train crates, and what not on their way.

Step 1:
Choose your attribute and roll it at -2 as you try to navigate your way through the children of Shamlin. The adults for their part seem to be taking it in stride and just laugh a little thankful that their little girls are occupied with something constructive and they might have a chance to sleep.
Results:
  • Fail: you still make it to the house with the rest but damn if you feel like you have not rested in about 22 years: Exaughsted (-2 to trait rolls)
  • Success: You made it but you have an inkling as to what it takes to be a parent and find it more that a bit tires you out: Fatigued (-1 to trait rolls)
  • Raise: Nicely done sir! Perhaps you are a natural parent and find it super easy to navigate the throngs of crazied kids all wanting their way all the time. No effect.
  • Double raise (12): Son you are perhaps going down in the annuls of parenting as the one! Give a +1 bonus to any team member.
Agility 6
Ability [dice:226rksik]51699:0[/dice:226rksik]
Wild [dice:226rksik]51699:1[/dice:226rksik] -2 =4
Ace Wild [dice:226rksik]51699:2[/dice:226rksik]
Back to Antipas, ”Of course I’ll keep this area off limits for a time being, but we are going to need to rebuid our Barn eventually. You’re looking for Daphne eh Son? Well so are we were. Last we saw of her was about a week ago and she seemed mighty distraught. In fact...” He takes out his cigar pointing it towards Tsume with the same familiar smirk on his face (although to a lesser degree perhaps) ” Your kitty kat pretty pal is fiddlin with her bracelet so I think you might have found her already.”
As Tsume listens to the conversation Antipas and Kozco, She sees him point his cigar at her. "Nyis is Daphne's?" She looks again at the bracelet. "I found it in nye..." She looks behind her at where the barn was, "Nyaaaaa! nyere did nye barn go!"

Notice 6
+2 from hearing
Notice [dice:226rksik]51699:3[/dice:226rksik]
Wild [dice:226rksik]51699:4[/dice:226rksik]
Then Tsume's ears perk up as if she sensed the incoming fan girls. She prepares herself for the incoming onslaught, making she to have a good hold on Dalphe's bracelet so she doesn't lose it.
Suddenly a loud roar, like 50 young girls shouting Oh My God She is So Cute comes from the various homes arround town. Kozco chuckles, as Antipas remembers exactly why he left. Fan Girls! For sure some of the adults were backing away from Al and Holly, however it might be due to the sounds of crazed roars coming from the refurbished auto homes as much as them being monsters.

O-M-G just look at her Ashley she is so cute and cuddly!

Totally HOT, look at those clothes!

Like such a fashionista!


While clearly focused on the two cutest of the group, Holly and Al they don’t pass up the opportunity to cheer for all characters. Even Smith’s glistening chest seems like a candle to their moth like behavior.

Wow where did you get that tatoo from?

Woa who is the creeper in the wheel chair? I love wheel chairs!!!

Do you always have kitty hair, where can I get ears like those?

Red looks so cool!

How can I get a cute little nose like that?

Can I touch him?
Tsume is surrounded by a few of the fan girls as is everyone else. Not sure how to answer or deal with them, her reply back is. "I donyit knyow! Nya! Donyt do nyat! Nyaaa!"
As the streets fill Kozco cinches up his GB suit stepping out of it. He places an ear piece in Antipas’s hand and yells, ” Let’s move people!” He tries to lead the way but it’s hard work to over come the fantastical spirited fan girls of Shamlin. The sign at the edge of town warning supernatural creatures such as dragons and Talayukians to stay clear twists in the wind.
Before he can reply to Kozco's concerns about rebuilding and assure the grackle they won't be long the almost tidal sound of the fangirling begins to rise. As it does Antipas' face falls into a weary look of annoyance. Fuck, I knew I had a bad feeling about this town He accepts the communicator from the grackle and slips it on. Activating it he turns to Holly, "We have a lead on Luke's suit. You and I will take point and gently push our way through, with Luke behind us and the others in the rear." Turning to the team, "OK guys, we're headed to where we think Xander is first. Holly and I have point, your three flank or follow Luke and Durrango. Once our science guy isn't about to die we'll worry about solving shit."
Tsume nods in acknowledgement of understanding the plan. "Nya!"
Alenysturathe gave a roar of frustration and transformed again, her size increasing massively, tossing squealing fangirls left and right. It really only seemed to excite them more. With a beat of her wings, Alenysturathe surged out of the crowd and into the air, taking flight toward the old homestead.
Tsume looks over at Smith, "Nya, I guess it is just you and me on rear guard nyen, Myster Smyth." Tsume takes up a rear flank point to the left side, leaving the right rear flank for smith.

As Antipas leads the way, Tsume does her job to keep fan girls off of Luke. As they travel through the town, Tsume spots a weird building that looks like it is covered in strips of a strange thick material. "What is nyat?" She points at the building. Kozco looks back at Tsume, "Those are tires." The building's walls were stacked up tires and the roof was made of strips of tires that had been cut up to lay flat.

The ordeal left Tsume fatigued, but she at least was successful at dealing with the little girls. She's not sure if she is ready for this parenting thing right now though.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Smith »

Psionics 11
Psionics [dice:1x3kw4kr]51733:0[/dice:1x3kw4kr] -2
Wild Die [dice:1x3kw4kr]51733:1[/dice:1x3kw4kr] -2
Extra Effort [dice:1x3kw4kr]51733:2[/dice:1x3kw4kr]
Smith admires the unique architecture of the town. In particular, a VW Bug with Monster truck tires transformed into a curly slide strikes him as a particularly interesting piece of design. Seeing the throngs of girls running after them reminds Smith of a pre-rifts music video he once saw, and he starts to think of the beat, using his telepathy to broadcast his idea of the song to the girls. To his surprise, many of them stop to dance to it, giving him just enough time to escape their hungry grasp.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:41 pm
Home at last


On the way home while being mobbed by fan girls
With directions from Kozco, the group manages to push their way through and outwit/enchant the screaming fan girls. During the mad dash Kozco, not one to leave things unfinished, makes a dedicated effort to respond to some of the questions left hanging in the air.

As he stumbles next to Al trying to protect her modesty. He smiles a large toothy filled smile as if remembering a great day, ” Oh yeah the Red Ravager we called him. On of the dragon lords from Freehold I think. When the war against Tolkeen started he appeared taking out 10, no 12 death head transports before retreating...” He paused briefly frowning, ” Ya know, they never forgot about him. That Llyboc fella even swore he would get revenge. Thing was the red ravager never took the field again during the war. Shoot girl, in that dragon form you got, you are his spitting image I reckon.”

Kozco at one point bumps into Tsume noticing she was clutching Daphne’s braclet something fierce, ” Girly, that definately is Daphne’s braclet I would sure as shit recognize it anywhere. Her parents haven’t been seen for almost a month and my son says he last Daphne about a week ago running around scared as a jackrabbit. They haven’t been in town for too long. Its like they all up and vanished just like our barn!”

Lastly he nearly runs over Antipas trying to clear a path for Luke, he shouts, ” Looks like your leading them just fine boy! We are almost there. Oh—-“ He stumbles nearly crushing a pair of twin’s shuffling arround near Luke’s knees. ” Out of the way kids, we got work to do. Go sing that song over at Peetes!”


Durango chuckles trying to hang on to Lukes flip floppin limp body, ” Yeah tell the perv that tgere is an Icy sculpture for him to fondle! Haha.”

One thing the group learns is that the town of Shamlin is a honeycomb network of automobile junkers-turned-home and defunct railroad cars acting as shops. The town seems deceptively small because almost every building has some kind of grass, weed or tree overgrowth halfway obscuring it. He gives a slow low whistle as they come into sight of the house. The street for now was empty except a cross section of Al’s human clothes twisting in the wind like a sexy tantalizing tumble weed.
Daphne’s house
The house is an old caddy shoved together with a rusted ford bronco then burried under a mound of dirt so that the door was the hood of the truck. The door is closed and locked but not locked enough to prevent someone from breaking the door open or using their skill to unlock it carefully. However... Any attempts to enter the house via powers such as Teleportation or Intangibility proves more than difficult and in fact quite impossible. Even trying to scry beyond the front door is met with failure.

Kozco looks at the group, sweating a bit. ”This.. Here is the house, yup Gryphus used to live here too. You can still see that crazy carving he made.” Koszco poimts to a series of atlantean protection runes. Something Antipas would know his uncle was most likely not capable of doing himself.”[/b] Kozco continues hurryimg along, ”We admire privacy here in Shamlin best we can, so no one has gone in. You have my permission as the town protector to do so.” He gives a small grin as he emphasizes best we can.

He furtively looks around the corner, half expecting the fangirls to reappear. From the ruckus they are making, it sounds like they might be two rows of homes over playing popsicle with an ice sculpture. ”Durango and I can try to distract them while heading back to the barn area and securing it. We’ll leave the wheel chair in your care.” He swears surprised as a nearby fence made out of stacked old car tires topples over and begins to take off.

Durango begins to runs after him but whispers low to Smith, ”Keep an eye out for Peet, he's a total perv. Som’ days we got to chain him.” The young friendly grackle bounds down the street after his father whistling a happy go go tune that Smith might regret ever hearing.

After the two take off making noises like a dragon and a howling wolf, the group enters Daphne's by means of either strength or skill. As the door opens, the group can see well into the home made mostly of old Detroit stamp metal. The door opens to a large room (enough for 8-9 human sized creatures to comfotsbly move arround) that would double as both the kitchen, and dinning area. A gas lantern hangs to one side, and three doors are along the west wall, presumably bedrooms, and one door is along the north wall ( a small sigil is along the top of the frame).
Talking around the kitchen table
The kitchen is filled with flies and a dinner sadly rotten and only half eaten. A woman with a pleasant scowl, blonde hair, and deep blue eyes has some tools out at the far end of the table working on a small triangular device that is slowly blinking red. Three ripe and partially decomposed bodies lay on the ground in front of the table. Perhaps surprisingly, or not, two beings are knelt down over them apperently examining them. One is feline with orange tabby house cat markings, a small six shooter holstered, and a green amulet glowing around his neck. The the other is a dark skinned and striking woman with spikes protruding all over her face. She has a pair of pump pistols holstered and a rifle strapped on her back. Both have nearly identical brown leather capes with "FB" etched into the hide. For a brief second they seem saddened by the bodies.
Pics
Sammy
Sammy
67141679-B431-4A52-8663-679620C3710F.jpeg (75.43 KiB) Viewed 12340 times
Ailbhe
Ailbhe
C9CB8655-7233-4A37-AAF1-C2AB98F04E51.jpeg (50.82 KiB) Viewed 12339 times
Victoria
Victoria
3042174A-4497-44B4-9571-0323B41E29CB.jpeg (30.13 KiB) Viewed 12338 times
The two look up at the 77th as they enter (the woman at the table pays them no heed). The cat speaks with a bit of scratchy drawl, ”Meow... Well I’ll be a son of a gun, Avalanche, looks like the 77th got the drop on us.”

The woman with the facial spikes nods, slowly appraising the group of heroes, ”They were not supposed to come to Shamlin until after the event.”

The cat drawls on a bit more, ”I reckon we wouldn’t be here if things were going to plan...”

The tabby stops talking and his eyes glow blue for a second, ”Meow, seems like their In’Valian is on a spiritual walkabout. Best see if I can’t snap him back to the present... There all better.”
Luke
You feel a great cat-like telekenetic paw slap your consciousness back into your body.
From the table, the blonde woman still concentrating on the device absently makes some weird claims, ”Does the Atlantean have an eye patch? I am not going to fight another Supreme Commander Antipas. Twice was more than enough. What about the pretty boy, is he wearing a dress shirt? Warlord Smith is not going to happen again. Or the cat girl, is she calling herself by a number? She’ll kill you, all of you.”

Avalanche touches one of her spikes while smiling a bit, ”What do you think Sammy?”

The cat named Sammy blew a small smoke ring, chewing his sweet-smelling cigar and eyeing the 77th, ”I reckon, Abaldore, that I don’t see an eye patch. Meow, that is one glistening chest if I ever saw one. Any of you call yourself by a number?” Its weird the cat seems to be messing up her name on purpose. The cat purrs as if chuckling and glances toward the woman at the table, ”Looks like one clutchin’ Daphne’s braclet... Meet your fancy Victoria?”.

The woman shrugs noncommittally, slamming her hammer down on the table, ”None of it is going to matter. Something happened to the Traveler. It can’t detect alternate time streams, and I can’t get this infernal thing to lock on to the Way Station. It wasn’t meant to any way.” She sighed, actually looking up at the 77th, ”Well if they are Claude’s best they should be able to help. If you aren’t going to shoot each other, have Antipas use the bracelet and take them downstairs and get Luke into his armor. I’ll need his and their help.”

Sammy nods, putting his hand on the pom of his pistol. His nearby associate Avalanche, or maybe her name is Ailbadore, tenses ready to unsling her rifle. Even Victoria puts a big bore pistol on the table with a clunk. Sammy drawls like it ain’t no big deal, ”Meow, so what i’ll it be heroes? Do we skin our smoke wagons an paint each other like a pomegranate, or are we friends and we go downstairs?” He blew a smoke ring as if facing down the 77th was just a Tuesday, ” Do ya feel lucky?”
Holly
You understand everything that is said in the kitchen scene as if it being translated.
Code Word
Promagranite!
Kn Politics +2, or common kn
Victoria, is immidiatly recognizable as Victoria Geist the famed western from commander of Tolkeen’s forces during the war against the coalition. Last known to have gone far off the deep end ina town called Gloom three days travel by ATV south of the castle, The allied forces of North America at the urging of the 13th defeated her on an alternate Earth. Reportedly she died. This lady doesn’t seem maniacally evil just focused and her eyes are the wrong color.
Common Kn -2
A few months back or so the tomorrow legion wemt on a witch humt. A group of mercs called the black company reportadly went rougue and started murdering folks includimg the vaunted tomorrow legions 2nd SET. The legion sent the best after these mercs called the black company. They sent the 13th SET. Turns out it was a set up by persons unknown and the legion did its best to tamp down the mistake. If rumors were to believed the Black Company were instrumental in defeating Geist along side the 13th in Gloom.

Two members of the black company stand before you. Sammy a quick on the draw feline house cat also a powerful Telekenetic psychic. Ailbhe, a zebraken shifter who knows everyone that need knowing. Also a rumored warlord on a distant planet.

Read the OCCs in order and then react to Sammy’s last words. RP, ask questions. Once dice hit the table we roll initiative before we resolve the roll of the dice (unless GMs make an exception). Notice rolls and knowledge/common kn rolls will probably be fine.

Confused? Its ok... Ask questions in character and clarity will be found.

GM I am not sure I would go in... +1 benny welcome to the railroad, get in the house.

Last but not least make a skill roll for entering the house ( does not provoke combat) to see who is the best at breaking in. I leave the skill roll up to you, but arcane skills and powers will most likely fail. +1 benny for the character who busts in the best.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:41 pm
Kozco at one point bumps into Tsume noticing she was clutching Daphne’s braclet something fierce, ” Girly, that definately is Daphne’s braclet I would sure as shit recognize it anywhere. Her parents haven’t been seen for almost a month and my son says he last Daphne about a week ago running around scared as a jackrabbit. They haven’t been in town for too long. Its like they all up and vanished just like our barn!”

Lastly he nearly runs over Antipas trying to clear a path for Luke, he shouts, ” Looks like your leading them just fine boy! We are almost there. Oh—-“ He stumbles nearly crushing a pair of twin’s shuffling arround near Luke’s knees. ” Out of the way kids, we got work to do. Go sing that song over at Peetes!”
Tsume wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:15 am
"I donyt want to lose her bracelet to nyese little girls. Nyat's why I am guarding it so. I hope we can find nyere she went."
Antipas nods to Tsume and half yells over the crowd. "Once we get Luke up looking for her is a priority but she's proba.." Normally he would have bluntly stated the girl was probably dead unmindful of the emotional effect of his words. But he stops himself from doing so. For now that conversation can wait he "hears" the phantom of his wife say. "We'll discuss our option when Luke's up." He tries to give a reassuring smile like Azumi or Keri would have but it's more of a grimace.

At the grackles complement the undead slayer does actually grimace before realizing it was sincere. He sighs and looks at Holly, then the fleeing Alenys. "Only had to deal with an exploding barn and a mob of sickeningly upbeat children so far, but thank you. It's not a role I prefer, but..." ending the sentence with a shrug and a sigh.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:41 pm
After the two take off making noises like a dragon and a howling wolf, the group enters Daphne's by means of either strength or skill. As the door opens, the group can see well into the home made mostly of old Detroit stamp metal. The door opens to a large room (enough for 8-9 human sized creatures to comfotsbly move arround) that would double as both the kitchen, and dinning area. A gas lantern hangs to one side, and three doors are along the west wall, presumably bedrooms, and one door is along the north wall ( a small sigil is along the top of the frame).
Antipas takes the offered knife and examines it, leaving the bottle opener extended. 'Perfect, I'll use this to pull back the latch." He steps up to the door , leaving room for the feline assassin to watch drawing a throwing knife he uses it to peal back the door jam, allowing him to reach in with the bottle opener. He hooks and pulls something then gives the door a shoulder check, popping it open. He quickly catches the handle to prevent the door from banging against the wall and whispers to the team, both with and without the translator. "Be on guard, but not aggressive. There may be hostages, traps, or Gods know what else." He hands the swiss army knife back to Tsume and sheathes the throwing knife. Touching his forehead to activate his arcane sight and drawing Nemesi he steps into the home.
Lockpicking 13
Modifiers: +2 Thief edge
Lockpicking [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:0[/dice:3a8aqxt9]
Wild [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:1[/dice:3a8aqxt9] Ace [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:6[/dice:3a8aqxt9]
Exalted Detect Arcana
Tat Magic [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:10[/dice:3a8aqxt9]
Wild [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:11[/dice:3a8aqxt9] Ace [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:12[/dice:3a8aqxt9]
Talking around the kitchen table
Following the sound of voices Antipas leads the team into the kitchen to a strange and macabre sight.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:41 pm
The kitchen is filled with flies and a dinner sadly rotten and only half eaten. A woman with a pleasant scowl, blonde hair, and deep blue eyes has some tools out at the far end of the table working on a small triangular device that is slowly blinking red. Three ripe and partially decomposed bodies lay on the ground in front of the table. Perhaps surprisingly, or not, two beings are knelt down over them apperently examining them. One is feline with orange tabby house cat markings, a small six shooter holstered, and a green amulet glowing around his neck. The the other is a dark skinned and striking woman with spikes protruding all over her face. She has a pair of pump pistols holstered and a rifle strapped on her back. Both have nearly identical brown leather capes with "FB" etched into the hide. For a brief second they seem saddened by the bodies.
Common Knowledge 1, 12
Modifiers: HJ bonus +2
CK [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:2[/dice:3a8aqxt9] Ace [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:7[/dice:3a8aqxt9]
Wild [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:3[/dice:3a8aqxt9]
Common Knowledge 2, 5
Modifiers: -2 Scene, +2 HJ bonus
CK [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:4[/dice:3a8aqxt9]
Wild [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:5[/dice:3a8aqxt9]
Notice 7
Notice [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:8[/dice:3a8aqxt9]
Wild [dice:3a8aqxt9]51973:9[/dice:3a8aqxt9]
Recognizing the members of the Black, Antipas holds his left hand up as a gesture to (hopefully) forestall any preemptive attacks by more impulsive on the team. He examines them mystically to look for illusions, shapeshifting, or mind control. One of them is Geist (?!?) after all. But he sees nothing to indicate a trick of that sort. When Geist begins to talk of alternates he relaxes a little, just a little. Stream jumpers? fucking great Atlanteans were well aware of the multitude of alternate realities but found them to be a rabbit hole of trouble.

At team "FB"s display of deserved bravado Antipas snorts derisively and sheathes his blade. "Thanks for the tip on the bracelet and helping Luke. Two questions. Have you identified the clan markings on the bodies and how long until you fix your device and go the fuck back to your own timeline?"
Last edited by Antipas on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume »

Kozco at one point bumps into Tsume noticing she was clutching Daphne’s braclet something fierce, ” Girly, that definately is Daphne’s braclet I would sure as shit recognize it anywhere. Her parents haven’t been seen for almost a month and my son says he last Daphne about a week ago running around scared as a jackrabbit. They haven’t been in town for too long. Its like they all up and vanished just like our barn!”
"I donyt want to lose her bracelet to nyese little girls. Nyat's why I am guarding it so. I hope we can find nyere she went."

While at the locked door.

"I donyt know if nyis will help." Tsume pulls out a swiss army knife and shows it to Antipas. It's got everything, It's gotta be worth like 30k!
place holder
Taking back her knife, "You are welcome, nya." As they prepare to enter the house, Tsume adjusts her finger-less gloves.

Around the Kitchen Table

Common Knowledge 2
Common Knowledge [dice:2sbp6z9a]51993:0[/dice:2sbp6z9a]
Wild [dice:2sbp6z9a]51993:1[/dice:2sbp6z9a]
Common Knowledge 1(not crit fail)
Common Knowledge [dice:2sbp6z9a]51993:2[/dice:2sbp6z9a]
Wild [dice:2sbp6z9a]51993:3[/dice:2sbp6z9a]
Following Antipas in, she doesn't make any preemptive gestures at the people she has absolutely no clue who are. I have no clue who these people are.
The cat named Sammy blew a small smoke ring, chewing his sweet-smelling cigar and eyeing the 77th, ”I reckon, Abaldore, that I don’t see an eye patch. Meow, that is one glistening chest if I ever saw one. Any of you call yourself by a number?” Its weird the cat seems to be messing up her name on purpose. The cat purrs as if chuckling and glances toward the woman at the table, ”Looks like one clutchin’ Daphne’s braclet... Meet your fancy Victoria?”.
Tsume looks around at the others then down at Sammy. "Three isnyt in control right nyow." Meanwhile, somewhere in Tsume's head, a certain number starts paying a bit more attention as her name was mentioned. After a pause. "We are the sevyenty sevyenth though. nya" She looks around at the members of the 77th that are present.

Tsume looks at Antipas for his lead and she relaxes a bit as he sheathes this blade. I'll trust pas on this. She retracts the blades on her vambraces.
Notice 14
Notice [dice:2sbp6z9a]51993:4[/dice:2sbp6z9a]
Wild [dice:2sbp6z9a]51993:5[/dice:2sbp6z9a]
cursed with awesome [dice:2sbp6z9a]51993:6[/dice:2sbp6z9a]
ace [dice:2sbp6z9a]51993:7[/dice:2sbp6z9a]
ace again [dice:2sbp6z9a]51993:8[/dice:2sbp6z9a]
Last edited by Tsume on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Luke and Durango make a break from the rest of the team. Diversions, distractions, and duplicates work wonders. Luke can only view things through the Astral Plane and he knows when they arrive at the "door" magic guards the way in. No way to warn anyone, anyway.

It maybe the crazy workings of his mind or just being in the Astral Plane and longing to touch the physical once more but Luke decides to tackle the "door" with just straight skill.

Mind Over Matter, Lockpicking 4 _

Fatigue -1
Astral Projection/Meta Physical Manipulation of a Physical Object, -2
MacGyver
[*] Lockpicking [dice:1nkkqndm]51995:1[/dice:1nkkqndm]
[*] Wild [dice:1nkkqndm]51995:0[/dice:1nkkqndm]
[*] Aced! Wild [dice:1nkkqndm]51995:2[/dice:1nkkqndm]
Interacting with the physical world limits his full capabilities, but he perserveres and finds a modicum of success. Relieved he was able to do what he could, meta-physically e slumps down. He has likely been here, way longer than an untrained mind should be. Of course he has no facts to verify his hypothesis but he is confident that his analysis of the situation is accurate if not exact.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

Holly enjoys herself smiling at the thought of being a parent though she never considered it before considering she was so young but she is Talayukian. After lifting a lot of the children and seeing them on their way Holly slips aside to talk to the one who greeted her in Talayukian. -You know anything about a similar sound tech that I disabled? I feel it had similarities to my home world's tech..Curious if you maybe knew based on Talayukian and others visiting Please tell me if you do.
(She waited for this chance to whisper it to keep the information quiet to not alarm anyone)
After speaking and hearing the response she hoofs it at her maximum base looking at the buildings and designs until she saw a large home built from a Talayukian modeled spaceship from the earliest design. The thing was cut out and hulled and the ship was mostly circular from the old designs that no longer we're in use due to the danger of using them in the storms.. after all they were relics. It seems like it was salvaged or brought as a gift to recycle. Despite the relic aspect the ship itself is sturdy compared to most to even have a chance at standing it. She rubbed her claw at it as she had never seen this kind In person but just in text books of her history. "Well.. this is a blast from the past." She pauses curious who lives in it as it's painted all a royal blue despite being splotchy and has a huge pole with a white and blue striped flag at the top embedded to the top of the ship. It looked like some of the basic functions of the ships support may still be in use. "Compared to other houses this one seems.. well a bit more comfortable.. certainly stands out.. maybe I ought to tell the team to visit here.. " She rushes again after her slight examination to get caught up and sees the house that they are approaching. As Antipas picks the lock and signals she whispers softly knowing he can understand. "I'm going for the vantage point Antipas.. Ill act on your mark. " Holly jumps on to the roof using her leap and drops some ice from her mouth using her conal ice to freeze the ceiling so she can take her claw and cut out a hole so she is sitting above them ready to drop in as she watches Antipas open and talk and notices him hold his hand to stand down so Holly gives up her location and loosens her pouncing motion so if those below did notice her they realize she is listening to Antipas. "Okay then.. Holly will drop in on them nicely then. Your call but I'm right above that one Antipas. On your mark. How come none of you mentioned a giant wolf girl? Guess I'm unorthodox in this timeline to be here and don't usually join them? Also.... Why are things translated? What is allowing me to understand your non Talayukian? What is your weird assessments of us and your purpose here? " *She ready her ice breath but holds her mouth closed holding action since things seem to be more delegation so far*

[dice:1in2d8ir]52075:0[/dice:1in2d8ir]+4 To rip the ceilings with her claws gently after freezing it to weaken the structure stability.
Aced [dice:1in2d8ir]52075:1[/dice:1in2d8ir]+4

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe »

Strength to open the door 15
Strength[dice:37c6h140]52273:0[/dice:37c6h140]
Wild [dice:37c6h140]52273:1[/dice:37c6h140]
Common Knowledge 6
Smarts [dice:37c6h140]52273:2[/dice:37c6h140]
Wild [dice:37c6h140]52273:3[/dice:37c6h140]
Common Knowledge 4
-2 difficulty
Smarts [dice:37c6h140]52273:4[/dice:37c6h140]
Wild [dice:37c6h140]52273:5[/dice:37c6h140]
Notice 5
Notice [dice:37c6h140]52273:6[/dice:37c6h140]
Wild [dice:37c6h140]52273:7[/dice:37c6h140]
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

“Red Ravager,” Alenysturathe mused at Kozco’s words. “I have not heard of him. None of the dragons at the Castle have mentioned him. But then I avoid other dragons. They make my mouth tingle and my claws itch, but dragon fighting is forbidden.”

Once they reached a house made out of an old Chevy and a Ford Bronco, Alenysturathe shifted back into human form to rejoin the group. She sighed as she looked down at herself. She still had her long, cool-looking scarlet coat, but her white blouse and short skirt had been ripped off by the fan girls, leaving her naked.

“Oh, bother. Now I have to get new clothes again,” the dragon-teen pouted, though she didn’t seem at all concerned about modesty.

“This is where we want to go?” She peered at the hood-door of the house. She hooked her pinky up under the hood and flipped it up, wrenching the door open.

There was already someone inside, sitting at the kitchen table filled with a decomposing meal, or examining equally decomposed bodies.

“Who are you?” Alenys exclaimed. “Get away from those bodies! Did you kill all these people? Dragons, it smells!” The teen pulled a face.

And then the cat actually spoke! “A talking cat? Is he your cousin or something, Tsume? Wait! He said pomegranate! That’s the code word! Wait. I think I saw a file on these guys.”

Antipas held up a hand to stop the team. Alenys tried to look as imposing as a teenager in a scarlet trench coat and knee high black boots and nothing else could to back him up.
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Smith »

CK 20, CK 3, Notice 7
Common Knowledge [dice:3tjoh6wn]52352:0[/dice:3tjoh6wn]
Wild Die [dice:3tjoh6wn]52352:1[/dice:3tjoh6wn]
Ace
[dice:3tjoh6wn]52352:6[/dice:3tjoh6wn]
[dice:3tjoh6wn]52352:7[/dice:3tjoh6wn]
[dice:3tjoh6wn]52352:8[/dice:3tjoh6wn]

Common Knowledge [dice:3tjoh6wn]52352:2[/dice:3tjoh6wn]
Wild Die [dice:3tjoh6wn]52352:3[/dice:3tjoh6wn]

Notice [dice:3tjoh6wn]52352:4[/dice:3tjoh6wn]
Wild Die [dice:3tjoh6wn]52352:5[/dice:3tjoh6wn]
Ace
[dice:3tjoh6wn]52352:9[/dice:3tjoh6wn]
Smith easily recognizes Geist, to the point where he tries his best to not make eye contact with her. He looks to see a better way to open the door, and finds that there is a small crack he could probably fit his hand through, if only he were Mr. Fantastic.
Smith sees Alenys and gives her a long look, before grinning sheepishly. "New Clothes? Story of my life."

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Sammy's cat claw slap, brought Luke right back to the physical world. When he realized he was looking directly at the cat, Luke marveled and was poised to begin a full medical review of the cat. Then he caught the look from Geist and he had to ask, "What exactly is going on here?"

Not Politics _
Common Knowledge 8
[*] Common Knowledge [dice:1p4vpjib]52358:0[/dice:1p4vpjib]
[*] Wild [dice:1p4vpjib]52358:1[/dice:1p4vpjib]

Holding onto the edge of the table for stability as he had quickly stepped up after being slapped. HARD.

Know Who? _
-2 Setting Modifier
Common Knowledge 7
[*] Common Knowledge [dice:1p4vpjib]52358:2[/dice:1p4vpjib]
[*] Wild [dice:1p4vpjib]52358:3[/dice:1p4vpjib]
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Holly
Kozco seems struggling to grt kids lff of him and out of the way, ” Ah, sorry I am at a loss as to what this sound tech is.” He pauses thinking pushimg more girls out of the way, ” Come to think of it... Little Lucy said so,ethin’ about a woman usimg sound to open a door. I thought it was just wild...”. His voice trails lff as more girls mob the group.
The cat smiles a toothy grin and shrugs relaxing for a second happy it would seem his telekenetic cat claw brought Luke into the conversation. His thorned faced female friend also visibly relaxes. It would seem no guns were going to be drawn today. At the table Victoria kept tinkering at the device with a scowl. It was clear she either lacked the tools or know how to fix whatever was wrong. However, she looked up at the way the hole in the ceiling with the Talayukian staring down. In perfect talayukian she says, ” Metal ceilings are quite susceptible to cold my fuzzy friend. However damaging the ceiling will cause structural instabilities you did not foresee. This is my 25th trip to this timeline. How old are you?” Her comments were not mean or vulgar but stressed a point of caution against further damage to the house.

After Victoria says some mumbo jumbo to Holly Sammy laughs. ”Talayukian is pretty standard for our group. I didn’t know they had crossed over.” He shrugs and looks at the rest and pointed at the three grisly bodies decomposing at the foot of the table, ” Daphne’s family is right here. Mom, Dad, and sister... Sent them to Shamlin when we lost contact with you guys, the 77th. Been over a month since we sent them and we lost ocntact with them three weeks ago. Not too uncommon with our line of work. But we got worried and rightly so. Meow, no sign of Daphne. Although, looks like you might have found her without realizing it. Where did you pick up her bracelet? Kids always had a knack for tech. Found a note here that said Luke’s armor was stashed.[“/b] He gesture’s to Tsume and the bracelet she was holding.

The thorn faced dark complection female named Alvalanche coughed and interjected, ” Seems Antipas is wanting us to leave Victoria, how is it coming?” She seemed a bit anxious as if she did not want to be here any longer than she had too.

Victoria seems pretty pissed at the device she was working on, ” Like I said Ailbhe, I need Luke or one of them tech heads to help me. Something cut off time travel and its dimensional travel. We need to reprogram it for a long range teleport instead. I can’t do it.”

Sammy purred looking arround, ” Now where did they keep everything stashed in this safehouse?” His eyes did waver a bit as they passed over Smith and Al whom were lacking a few essential garments.


Feel free to RP if you like or ask any questions.

Derrick is putting the secret stash area together to please be patient.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Gasping for air and to keep himself upright, Luke frankly asks between breathes,"Which" ... "Time" ... "Stream"?
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:14 pm
The thorn faced dark complection female named Alvalanche coughed and interjected, ” Seems Antipas is wanting us to leave Victoria, how is it coming?” She seemed a bit anxious as if she did not want to be here any longer than she had too.

Victoria seems pretty pissed at the device she was working on, ” Like I said Ailbhe, I need Luke or one of them tech heads to help me. Something cut off time travel and its dimensional travel. We need to reprogram it for a long range teleport instead. I can’t do it.”

Sammy purred looking arround, ” Now where did they keep everything stashed in this safehouse?” His eyes did waver a bit as they passed over Smith and Al whom were lacking a few essential garments.
The undead slayer is visibly relieved to learn none of the dead are his sister but when Sammy talks as though he knows the dead family Antipas looks annoyed and a bit flustered. "So are you two actually from this narrative stream or just meddlers hopping around causing more fractal points? I know she's not from here, the lack of maniacal laughter and evil minions tells me that. But if none of you are from here and you're lost...then whatever you came to "help" with may not be what or how you think it is."

He walks over to lend @Luke a shoulder. "Welcome back. We're in Shamlin, it still sucks here, most of our leads got imploded, time jumpers are part of the mess, Azumi is missing, and the only locals who might have known what the fuck is going on are dead. So, yeah, let's get that basement open and find Xander." Turning to Tsume he holds out his free hand and nods to her arm with the bracelet. "Let me have a look at that." Manners are free and open more doors than rudeness Antipas his inner Keri chides "Please, and I'll return it later." As the girl unclasps and hands over the bracelet Antipas examines it with magically enhanced senses.
K:Politics on bracelet 8
K:Politics [dice:15une3xz]52401:0[/dice:15une3xz]
Wild [dice:15une3xz]52401:1[/dice:15une3xz] Bennie for EE [dice:15une3xz]52401:2[/dice:15une3xz]
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Daphne’s Bracelet
It is a metal gold bracelet not magical but with several markings and indentations (and corresponding grooves). The markings would seem to be an alien language at first but in fact really strange tiny pictographs.

The bracelet has a about 20 interesting lines on the underside. It does not seem decorative but more like very fine writing.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Antipas wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:39 pm
The undead slayer is visibly relieved to learn none of the dead are his sister but when Sammy talks as though he knows the dead family Antipas looks annoyed and a bit flustered. "So are you two actually from this narrative stream or just meddlers hopping around causing more fractal points? I know she's not from here, the lack of maniacal laughter and evil minions tells me that. But if none of you are from here and you're lost...then whatever you came to "help" with may not be what or how you think it is."

He walks over to lend @Luke a shoulder. "Welcome back. We're in Shamlin, it still sucks here, most of our leads got imploded, time jumpers are part of the mess, Azumi is missing, and the only locals who might have known what the fuck is going on are dead. So, yeah, let's get that basement open and find Xander." Turning to Tsume he holds out his free hand and nods to her arm with the bracelet. "Let me have a look at that." Manners are free and open more doors than rudeness Antipas his inner Keri chides "Please, and I'll return it later." As the girl unclasps and hands over the bracelet Antipas examines it with magically enhanced senses.
K:Politics on bracelet 8
K:Politics [dice:ui7see61]52401:0[/dice:ui7see61]
Wild [dice:ui7see61]52401:1[/dice:ui7see61] Bennie for EE [dice:ui7see61]52401:2[/dice:ui7see61]
Devices Discovered _
K/Science 10
+2 speciakization
-1 Fatigue
  • K/Science [dice:ui7see61]52405:0[/dice:ui7see61]
  • Wild [dice:ui7see61]52405:1[/dice:ui7see61]
  • Aced! Wild [dice:ui7see61]52405:2[/dice:ui7see61]

Luke is looking over Pas's shoulder at the bracelet froma distance. "Would say that braclet is Atlantean in design." His breath comes easier as he is clearly leaning on and over Antipas. A little closer to his normal height.

"Come on Antipas. Victoria needs my help."

"I warned Claude about this. I am sorry I was not able to relay the message to the Future Brigade soon enough. There is still a possibility to save the entire continuum and cooresponding conjunctions."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

If you know Talayukians.. then you know how I feel about you ignoring my questions... *Holly sighs* I asked if you knew me in your timeline.. if you don't then the 77th Didn't meet me in those timelines ... It's important to me but perhaps you don't understand that. *She stares at them still in the pounce spot* Be more direct with us.. and me. I'll also ask again.. how are you translating it for everyone on my language? It would be helpful versus just having Antipas have a translator... Also.. I may not be as good as Luke but I can work some tech repairs given the basic mechanics.. I'll help if it comes to that if you give some answers and work with us.. Although.. the talking cat Is adorable so despite that I'll be patient.. As far as my age.. why do you ask? I'll stay peaceful provided Antipas states so.. and you have an awesome cat so pretty hard to not want to help you so no reason to juggle fur yet. I'm glad you called me a furry friend though. Names Holly it's a pleasure to meet you thus far. Sorry for the roof but the vantage point for non friendlies would have been highly advantageous in a fight.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

HollyTalayuki wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:19 pm
If you know Talayukians.. then you know how I feel about you ignoring my questions... *Holly sighs* I asked if you knew me in your timeline.. if you don't then the 77th Didn't meet me in those timelines ... It's important to me but perhaps you don't understand that. *She stares at them still in the pounce spot* Be more direct with us.. and me. I'll also ask again.. how are you translating it for everyone on my language? It would be helpful versus just having Antipas have a translator... Also.. I may not be as good as Luke but I can work some tech repairs given the basic mechanics.. I'll help if it comes to that if you give some answers and work with us.. Although.. the talking cat Is adorable so despite that I'll be patient.. As far as my age.. why do you ask? I'll stay peaceful provided Antipas states so.. and you have an awesome cat so pretty hard to not want to help you so no reason to juggle fur yet. I'm glad you called me a furry friend though. Names Holly it's a pleasure to meet you thus far. Sorry for the roof but the vantage point for non friendlies would have been highly advantageous in a fight.
Luke is back to his almost old self and his quickness and wits are proof of it.

Holding up a hand in the direction of Holly

"Holly, let Victoria here explain what she needs exactly. Then we can work out the continuum."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

HollyTalayuki wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:19 pm
If you know Talayukians.. then you know how I feel about you ignoring my questions... *Holly sighs* I asked if you knew me in your timeline.. if you don't then the 77th Didn't meet me in those timelines ... It's important to me but perhaps you don't understand that. *She stares at them still in the pounce spot* Be more direct with us.. and me. I'll also ask again.. how are you translating it for everyone on my language? It would be helpful versus just having Antipas have a translator... Also.. I may not be as good as Luke but I can work some tech repairs given the basic mechanics.. I'll help if it comes to that if you give some answers and work with us.. Although.. the talking cat Is adorable so despite that I'll be patient.. As far as my age.. why do you ask? I'll stay peaceful provided Antipas states so.. and you have an awesome cat so pretty hard to not want to help you so no reason to juggle fur yet. I'm glad you called me a furry friend though. Names Holly it's a pleasure to meet you thus far. Sorry for the roof but the vantage point for non friendlies would have been highly advantageous in a fight.
Victoria smiles up at the huge wolf laughing. It had been a while since she had seen a Talayukian. In a way she envied Sammy’s more frequent contact with them. She speaks again in perfect Talayukian, ” No... You are unexpected. Perhaps this will be my last trip and you are the missing ingredient. We use subcoutaneous micro translators that can be turned off and on at will. When you first came in we all had them on. Since then we have turned them off... Bit like Sammy said we all know Talayukian. As for your age I was not being litteral. Its code for slipers or t travelers. I thought you might have been one.” She taps her device, ” When we are ready everyone who can will be able to try to fix it.” After several seconds of talkimg to Holly in wolf howls looks at Luke wondering when he had suddenly been aware of the current situation.

Sammy inquires smoking a bit on his cigar, ” Meow, well that would be a first Luke. Normally your still catatonic at this point. What message?”

The dark skinned one named Ailbhe with facial spikes visibly shidders when Antipas mentions Azumi but stays quiet.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

*Holly drops from the ceiling easily landing on her powerful legs and shrugs* Nope not a time traveler though I have to admit it would be fun. It's an interest of mine. I am an oddity I suppose not being on my home world's or a lap pet.. so fair assessment that I'm out of place. Is this form okay around you since your used to Talayukians? I can wolf down if it's easier size wise. Thanks for answering.. but have you only interacted with the 77th from this timeline ot others? If it's your first time meeting me.. have you ever met the future of this team? Or instances of it elsewhere? You mentioned details the others don't have here.. I don't much care on the details . I get the time changing deal. Just like all Talayukians we like to keep certain people around us and a lot that travel tend to have issues with that.. and I'm pretty new on the scene. I'm just hoping I'm not temporary or worse.. an anamoly. I'd like to help them awhile if I can. *Her positioning is maintained in front of the team blocking any aggressive attempts despite her trying to show a drop of combatic Intent*

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Sammy wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:38 pm
Sammy inquires smoking a bit on his cigar, ” Meow, well that would be a first Luke. Normally your still catatonic at this point. What message?”
Luke still leaning on Antipas, "The true stream can not be correctly effected until the actual events have been put in motion. Getting ahead of the events only forces them to occur later or earlier in the stream. And we have already seen what happens when we arrive after the event. It is a precisely timed intersession."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Luke wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:56 pm
Luke wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:38 pm
Sammy inquires smoking a bit on his cigar, ” Meow, well that would be a first Luke. Normally your still catatonic at this point. What message?”
Luke still leaning on Antipas, "The true stream can not be correctly effected until the actual events have been put in motion. Getting ahead of the events only forces them to occur later or earlier in the stream. And we have already seen what happens when we arrive after the event. It is a precisely timed intersession."
"Claude's fucking with time? Gods damn it." Of course they were actually involved he thinks. While he's also less than thrilled with Luke for not mentioning... well a lot of things, now wasn't the time for that conversation. He also notes Ailbhe flinch at Azumi's name and makes note to ask her about the missing cyber-knight.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume »

Tsume lets the others look at the bracelet, "I was being protective of it so the fan girls didnyit grab it. nya"

As everyone starts talking about timey whimey cross dimentional temporal stuff, Tsume's eyes just start to spin, not really understanding anything about it. She goes over to Sammy and sees if he is welcome to being scratched behind the ears though.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe »

Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenys didn’t know much about this time travel stuff, either. She was lost in Smith’s gleaming, glistening chest. “Mmmm…”

Shaking herself out of her reverie, Alenys started to poke nosily around the house, opening closets and medicine cabinets. Maybe she could find some clothes.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Safe House
Victoria to Holly in Talayukian
Victoria looks up at Holly with a small smile, ” Your a wild card here. I do not know how or why you came to this junction but if not a time traveler yourself then you are a surprise and I do not know why you are so one. May the ice forever keep you warm.” Unlike Kozco her Tal was impeccable from the northern Ice lands if you had to guess. Her last few words were a common enough greeting and fare the well in those parts. ” When you come back from the basement I would love to see if you could help fix my device. I meant no offense.” She seems thrilled to have someone she does not know about. But then she turns her attention back to the group putting on a annoyed look.
Victoria seems mildly annoyed at all the time traveling questions. Before Sammy and Ailbhe can open their mouths to further expand on it she softly says with an air of authority, ” No... It sounds like you have not spoken to Captain Claude yet. Learning too much too soon could be just as detrimental to the time stream as us meeting here and now. If it were not for our device malfunctioning we would have never met.” She points to the single door marked with a few atlantean symbols. It also has a small impression where Daphne’s bracelet would fit nicely like a key, ” There Antipas, if you would place Daphne’s bracelet in that impression it should let you down to the basement.” She pauses for a second grinning slightly, ” If that child’s note is correct Luke’s armor should be there among other things. I believe at one point the atlanteans stocked this house full of little goodies... Pre Tolkien war of course.” She continues to tinker with the device a bit more with pops and sizzles. She looks briefly at Tsume as if she was going to say more but shrugged instead letting fate take its course.

Sammy and Ailbhe give non committal shrugs. The cat moseys to the door smoking his cigar, ” Meow lets see what we can see.” Indeed as the bracelet is turned by Antipas. The Atlantean symbols of clan and frienship glow softly around the door frame as Antipas can feel something similiar to pyrimad tech at work. Then the door opens and a series of electric sconces flair to life illuminating a metal hallway and stair case.

Ailbhe looks at the large Talayukian taking up most of the house and says with a small amount of mirth in Holly’s native toungue, ” Might want to wolf down I am sure you will not want to miss this.”

Victoria rolls out a leather satchel full of tools and an old time radio looking device and waves off handedly, ” Don’t forget to come back up and help us fix this infernal thing”

The basement is more of a misnomer. A large workspace about twice the size of the house is what the metallic stair case leads too. As the heroes enter hi tech ressesed lights come on revealing what is clearly a stockpile. Simple sundries are sorted neatly in alphabetical order from climbing kits to gieger counters, to crowbars to hi tensile str rope. Rations bearing a scripted CWW are neatly put to one side. Next to the rations is Luke’s set of armor. It is the only thing not neatly placed. It looks it was dragged down the steps and splattered on the shin and feet are a bit of dried blood. Last but not least is a cardboard box of t-shirts, one side of the box is a hand written Smith. A voice greats the heroes, ” Welcome friends of the Skellian clan. I am Xander the caretaker. Please enjoy our hospitality and help yourself to our incidental sundries as you like.” A series of walls pull back revealing serious armaments, armor and items of different verity. The automatic voice continues, ” The Skellian clan wishes you well in your quest and begs you each to take one specialty weapon, armor, or item in friendship.”

Loot, click me for fun
If you need rations, rope, clothes, incidentals found in the core SW book you got it.

Players can take one of these items or roll once on gear based HJ table of choice. Taking more than one item or rolling multiple times will earn you a major enemy Skellian TA clan and they will come to collect with a swiftness unmatched by even a deaths head transport.

Long knife cape (enchanted item):
A interesting magical item that is a durable cape with cold weather lining typically made of furs and a heavy thick red exterior. The cape itself provides cold weather gear for any character wearing it. The user can also at will as a free action transform the cape to a sharp enchanted dagger.
  • Cold weather cape (transformable)
  • Dagger damage: 1d4+str AP 2 MD ( counts as magic)
Runic Longsword (enchanted item):
Not much is known of whom made this blade only that it has the cross hatches on the bottom of its goden pommel that forms an G. Some say it is dwarven made from a time long past in a realm far far away, other say it was one of the trasures lost when Tolkeen fell. Either way it is a rune weapon. Eternally sharp and neigh indestructible. It has a mischevious personality and will protect the user from magic best it can like all rune weapons. The blade is blue gray with runes all along its blade.
  • On rift’s earth it deals 1d8+STR MD AP2.
  • Confers the arcane resistance edge or the improved one if the user already has it.
  • It also gives the weilder +1 to any trait rolls involving mischievousness.
Crystal Paralyzer(super tech 60k):
The alien race known as the Noro created several weapons using psionic energy found natural in crystals called Psylite. This hand held pistol is perhaps not a weapon of destruction but it does emit a psychic pulse that can paralaze and even shut down a person’s heart.
  • Range: Smarts
  • Damage: Paralysis! A successful Ranged Attack causes the victim to make a Smarts -2 roll. If the victim fails the roll, he's Incapacitated. Critfail and it is a heart attack(He becomes Incapacitated and must make a Vigor roll at –2. If successful, he's Shaken and can't attempt to revive. If he fails, he dies in 2d6 rounds. A Healing roll at –4 saves the victim's life, but he remains Incapacitated). On his following turns, the paralyzed victim makes a Smarts roll to revive. With a raise, he revives and may act normally. With success, he revives but is Shaken.
  • Shots: 12 via Psylite crystals
  • Special it takes 24 ISP to refill it completely. Make a psionics roll and deduct 24 ISP adding it to the weapon to refill it. But a psychic can pump 2 ISP into it for a single shot once empty if they need to.
HI-50 laser rifle(tinker tech):
Hi intensity laser weapons are popular in the CCW. It uses a higher wavelength to increase its penatrating power.
This rifle resembles a shotgun but the barrel is a thick hi intensity laser tube.
  • Range: 40/80/160
  • Damage: 3d6+4 AP6
  • Shots: 30
  • RoF: 1
  • Eclip is 3500
  • Semi auto, 3RB
  • Cost: 26,000
EP- 5 energy pulse pistol(tinker tech):
This pistol shoots charge particles (little white balls of energy) that explode when they hit a solid target. Used exclusivly by the soldiers of the Transgalactic empire.
  • Range: 20/40/80
  • Damage: 2D6+4 AP2
  • RoF: 1, SBT
  • Shots:9
  • Cost: 9,000
Nuruni NE-C20 Camouflage Variable Armor: This lightweight durable armor has a fiber optic camouflage system that can change color to mimic the surrounding environment. It takes an action and the suit can become the predominant color as the environment you are in. The armor also makes it almost impossible for someone to see you using infrared or thermal vision sensors.
  • Camouflage System (takes an action to activate): Viewers beyond 50 feet subtract 4 from their Notice rolls to spot or hit the target as long as he moves no faster than 3” per round. At shorter distances, the sheen of the suit can be seen so the penalty is only –2.
  • The wearer gains a +2 bonus to all stealth rolls made to avoid someone seeing them. NE-C20 body armor provides +6 Armor and +1 Toughness, as well as Full Environmental Protection.
  • Cost:
Small Lead Case of 12 U-Round shotgun shells( included with the below shotgun).
Ignores armor of most supernatural creatures ( not elementals or temporal raiders), also prevents any regeneration. If you have a Gieger counter you know the lead case is not quite enough to prevent radiation exposure.

Bandit BigBore Sawed-Off Shotgun (Range 10/20/40, Damage 1–3d6, RoF 1, Shots 2, Mega Damage)
  • Double Barreled: If an attacker wants to fire both barrels at the same target, roll damage once and add +4.
  • Ammo: The Bandit BigBore can be loaded with U-Round or BigBore shells.
    • Bigbore shells: Against targets of size 2 or less, the target makes an opposed Strength roll vs damage dealt. If the damage exceeds the Strength roll, the target is knocked down. If the damage exceeds by a Raise, the target is knocked Prone and Shaken.
    • U-Round shells: Ignore the armor of most supernatural creatures (not elementals or temporal raiders) and also prevent any regeneration.
ATL- 7 anti tank laser rifle(tinker tech).
Coming out of south america it was perhaps the last of the pre-rifts designed weapons meant to give infantry half a chance against the metal bahemoths that roamed the day. Downside they were extremly heavy, hard to reload, unweildy, and drained all the energy in a single e-clip making them expensive.
  • Damage: 4d8+2 AP14 MD laser blast
  • Range:40/80/160
  • Str min d12+2
  • Rof:1
  • Snapfire
  • Action to reload
  • Ammo 1 eclip
Crystal eye (TW):
This gun scope is made out of blue crystal and is marked with the mystic symbol of the of knowledge. It gives any user who looks through the scope x20 magnification granting a +2 to notice rolls for viewing things from afar. The scope has a few cool tricks up its sleeves that work using the true atlanteans skill for operating dimensional piryamids.
  • Detect arcana.
  • The ability to record still or moving images and store them for later viewing or display. Switching modes is a free action and either mode costs 1 ppt per 10 minutes. 6 hours of recorded footage can be stored.
  • Cost:90,000 credits
Duelist Articulated Armor(Super Tech)
(New Babylon)
A master piece of Amaki technology. Predominately made for duelists it is light weight and accentuates fast rapid movement. This armor is fashioned by customizable nano tech that modifies itself individually to each individual. It is paper thin but twice as hard as steel. From head to toe their are no two suits alike. There is no encumbrance from this armor and it is easily worn underneath regular clothes making it very hard to tell you are wearing it: -4 to notice that you are wearing armor if you are actively concealing it. Environmentally sealed assuming the helm is formed.
  • Bonus: +5 armor, +1 toughness.
  • Weight: 0lbs
  • Cost 750,000
Electrokenetic Rod (Brain Tree Enchanted Item)
Alchemically made from a creature native to the British isles this dark wood rod gives the user control over electrical energy in a limited area and range. Taking one of these lobes is akin to a death wish. They release a powerful psychic energy burst that usually kills or if you are unfortunate leaves you brain dead. Fortunatly someone already did the hard work for you.
  • Energy Control Edge (Spirit to control) for Electricity
  • Major edge ignore AB psychic edge
Bark Body Armor
Truely a gift of wonder this bark is tougher than most however it lacks most of modern armor enhancements. Normally given as a gift to a champion of light from a mellenium tree itself. Capable of withstanding many magical energy attacks but it lacks seals so explosions can easily bypass its strength.
  • 7 Armor +2 toughness
  • Free soak roll on magical energy based attacks.
TW Sonic rifle:
It fires an energy pulse that unleasheles a shockwave arround the target. Origionally made in Dweomer.
  • Energy Rifle: 3d6+2 25/50/100 AP2,
  • 2 ppts makes it MD,
  • Shots: 20 shots
  • RoF:1
  • Weight: 7lbs
  • Havok Power activated via a shooting roll.
  • Cost 320,000 credits
Ecto-Sensor “ Ghost Detector”(Super Tech):
This backpack sensor system detects barely discernable shifting molecules which match patterns stored in its computer. It does this by bombarding an area with nutrinos and a real time feedback via a hand held display. Detection is fairly limited in range but can detect creatures made invisible by magic, and possibly even etheral creatures!
  • Awareness, detecting invisible creatures and other creatures not quite in our own reality.
  • Cost: 350,000 credits
TW Demon Claws:
Mechanical looking armor plated gauntlets that resemble a demon’s clawed hand. There is a large yellow crystal on the back side of each claw. They are two claws per set and are designed to function together.
  • Str +d8 AP4 MD,
    1PPT for 3 rounds of activation. When activated +1 Parry, +4 Str Die, and demon trapping(Melee weapons cannot break it).
  • Agility d8 required.
  • -2 to any shooting roll while they are worn as it makes shooting a bit difficult.
  • Cost: 1 Million Credits!
Ice chest of Psi-Cola:
Enough Psi cola to be useful. Psychics will find this beverage to be wonderful and fantastically tasty. Approximately 6 days worth of this carbinated beverage. Drinking one bottle will bestow +5 ppts and then if another bottle is drunk each hour (approximately) it will recharge ppts similiarly like a rapid recharge type edge. At the end of six days you also get a novice power of choice... :lol:
Another wall pulls back revealing several medical beds and robotic healing kits. 12 cylindrical tubes about human height are against one length of the wall. They all seem empty except for four of them. The voice continues, ” If you are in need of healing the robotic healing kits maybe used. If you are in need of longer care or semi permanent cryo storage please feel free to use our cryo pods. Number 9 pod is malfunctioning so please avoid.”

The voice repeats itself three more times. Anyone looking for its computer mainframe finds it underneath the floor in the center of the area. It seems a pretty simple program and is connected to various sensors and the loud speakers.

Sammy looks around wide eyed his cigar barely hanging on, ”Meow, well I’ll be... These Skellian’s are all right.”


Cryo pods, click me if you like drama
Looks like there are 12 of them. There is a small computer interface for all of them and they all display a date, presumably the entry of when they entered.
  • Pod 1: a brawny human with a firey red mane of hair. He looks fit and maybe in his 30s. Date of entry: August 108PA . Right after was is commonly called the Sorcerers Revenge.
  • Pod 3: a female with a clan marking noting her to be of the same clan Antipas is. Date of entry approx 10 years ago. Antipas recognizes her.
  • Pod 4: a female that looks exactly like Tsume except three dark lines have been tattooed on the right side of the face. Date of entry lists unknown.
  • Pod 8: is the cyber knight Azumi. Her face is half covered with metallic goop and her untouched right eye seems afraid. Date of entry 27.5 days.
[*]Pod 9: looks like the transparent cover has been broken, decayed fibers of some sort are all that is left in the pod. Date of entry: 70 years.

Player Directions:

Welcome to your personal loot pinata! Roll us a notice at -6 as well and make a note if you got danger sense!!
Post a reaction and anything you are taking.

Feel free to RP but the scene is down here. So if you need a reason to go down take a benny. Next GM scene will be helping out Victoria.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Lukemis helped down the stairs by @Antipas and upon touching the floor, he hears Xander's voice.
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:16 am
A voice greats the heroes, ” Welcome friends of the Skellian clan. I am Xander the caretaker. Please enjoy our hospitality and help yourself to our incidental sundries as you like.” A series of walls pull back revealing serious armaments, armor and items of different verity. The automatic voice continues, ” The Skellian clan wishes you well in your quest and begs you each to take one specialty weapon, armor, or item in friendship.”
Luke breathes a sigh of relief. "Whew. Like my second worst nightmare almost came true."

"Xander, you said Skellian Clan. Correct?"

When the automated voice confirms, Luke says, "For a minute there I thought we were in the design labs of that pompus ass windbag, Dorian Falstaff."

"When you are able Xander, work your way over towards the stairway out."

Luke pats Antipas on the arm and sends the remaining team members to evaluate the available gear.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Smith »

Smith's eyes widen as he sees the box with his name on it. He walks over to it and rummages through it's contents. shirts? I can always use a shirt... He sees the Psi-Cola and grabs a bottle. He then notices the Naruni armor, and after touching it he see's it flicker, blending in with it's surroundings. "Anyone mind if I grab this?" he asks, holding the armor up.

Notice [dice:2jtu911s]52633:0[/dice:2jtu911s]
Wild Die [dice:2jtu911s]52633:1[/dice:2jtu911s]

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Luke wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:49 pm

"When you able Xander, work your way over towards the stairway out."

Luke pats Antipas on the arm and sends the remaining team membersto evaluatethe available gear.
"I'll get you over there." He helps his friend over to his encounter suit before examining the vault.
notice
modifiers; scene -6, awareness +2 = -4
Notice [dice:2aybr76i]52641:0[/dice:2aybr76i]
Wild [dice:2aybr76i]52641:1[/dice:2aybr76i]
K rolls on sword. Arcana 14, History 7
Arcana [dice:2aybr76i]52641:2[/dice:2aybr76i] bennie for EE [dice:2aybr76i]52641:6[/dice:2aybr76i] Ace [dice:2aybr76i]52641:7[/dice:2aybr76i]
Wild [dice:2aybr76i]52641:3[/dice:2aybr76i]
History [dice:2aybr76i]52641:4[/dice:2aybr76i]
Wild [dice:2aybr76i]52641:5[/dice:2aybr76i]
Antipas first notices the Runeblade with both alarm and concern but after examining it further he determines it is not an artifact of evil, just chaos, so he passes it by and decides on the shotgun. Seeing Holly's excitement and remembering her inability to speak trade 4 Antipas confers the computer's warning. "Holly they bid us to take one and only one item each from this room."

If they would need something like this anywhere it was where they were now, in the heart of the magic zone. He then goes back out to see how Luke is doing, then examine the pods. The first one to catch his eye, aside from the damaged one was Azumi's pod. Seeing her alive if not well is a bitter relief and he vows silently that they team will find a cure. The next one he sees is Tsume's "sister" but he barely stops and moves on the 3. At Pod three he stops cold. Cass? "Xander... basement Xander not suit Xander.. What is the medical condition of the occupant of pod 3? Luke, it's Cassiopeia!"
Last edited by Antipas on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Notice What? _
Notice -2
Scene Modifier -6
Fatigued -1
[*] Notice [dice:j5njfj7e]52643:0[/dice:j5njfj7e]
[*] Wild [dice:j5njfj7e]52643:1[/dice:j5njfj7e]
Having spent the better part of who knows how long in the Astral/Meta-Physical Plane, one could assume that Luke has lost touch with reality. Literally Lost.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Base Xander repeats its automatic greeting protocol with crisp automatic aplomb. ”Welcome friends of the Skellian clan...”
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:53 pm
Base Xander repeats its automatic greeting protocol with crisp automatic aplomb. ”Welcome friends of the Skellian clan...”
Recorded message? That isn't Xander.

Luke wonders why Xander has not moved of his own accord. The nanite composite of his exoskeleton, could and should be able to move anywhere on its own. Something must be wrong.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe »

Notice 5
-6 difficulty
Notice [dice:1cszj94d]52657:0[/dice:1cszj94d]
Ace [dice:1cszj94d]52657:2[/dice:1cszj94d]
Wild [dice:1cszj94d]52657:1[/dice:1cszj94d]
Ace [dice:1cszj94d]52657:3[/dice:1cszj94d]
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenys followed the others to the basement. “Oh! Clothes!” she gushed, rushing over to a closet. She found another short pleated skirt and white blouse like the one she had lost to the fan girls. With little modesty she shrugged off her long coat to dress. Then she looked through the other items.

“Oh, that’s a big gun!” Alenys said, examining the anti-tank laser. “That could be handy if we run into Coalition again. Anyone want it?” she asked.
OOC Comments
If Holly wants to claim the anti-tank laser, that’s cool. My other ideas were the paralysis pistol or just doing an HJ roll. I’m cool with whatever. I think those who play gear-based characters should get first choice, and a dragon is not gear based.
Alenys wandered over to the pods. “Who are these people?” she asked. “Azumi! We should let them out!” She started to look for a way to free their friend and the others.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

@Alenysturathe it is not too hard to figure out how to start the rejuvenation cycle for Azumi’s cryo pod. There is a read out on the tubes glass playing near her silver sheen face frozen in fear that displays life signs. A small red button next to the display seems a likely choice to begin the reanimation process.

Should you desire to press it (danger sense will trigger) feel free. If a hindrance compels you all the better: +1 Benny.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Shuffling along with @Antipas's help, Luke finds Xander. Contact with nanite mass sends an electrical shock up Luke's entire body. Anyone looking at him might say that he glowed for a bit, but the electrical surge caused Luke's body to go ridged an upright. Xander approached from the floor and coursed from Luke's feet clear up to his head in a black ebbing mass, silent and effecient.

Once Xander was back in place and Luke could take a breathe without wheezing and pain, he scanned the room taking in all the equipment and gear.

"The equipment is okay to touch. The cryo tubes, please refrain until they have been inspected."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Alenysturathe wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 pm

Alenys wandered over to the pods. “Who are these people?” she asked. “Azumi! We should let them out!” She started to look for a way to free their friend and the others.
Antipas looks at Alenys with alarm. "Unless one of these folks can cure that techno-zombie goop, and do it without breaking the timeline, we need to leave her in there Red. Unfreezing her without a way to stop the infection is a death sentence. As for the others.. [*]Well , this one is my cousin so I want to open them too, but we should let Luke have a look and see if there's any obvious problems first. Don't want to kill anyone in trying to save them.[*]"[/b] Counselling patience is not easy for him in any situation, particularly not this one. Cassiopeia was one of the few people in his family Antipas actually liked.
Last edited by Antipas on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Antipas wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:40 pm
Alenysturathe wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 pm

Alenys wandered over to the pods. “Who are these people?” she asked. “Azumi! We should let them out!” She started to look for a way to free their friend and the others.
Antipas looks at Alenys with alarm. "Unless one of these folks can cure that techno-zombie goop, and do it without breaking the timeline, we need to leave her in there Red. Unfreezing her without a way to stop the infection is a death sentence. As for the others.. Well , this one is my cousin so I want to open them too, but we should let Luke have a look and see if there's any obvious problems first. Don't want to kill anyone in trying to save them." Counselling patience is not easy for him in any situation, particularly not this one. Cassiopeia was one of the few people in his family Antipas actually liked.
"Thank you @Antipas, let us see what these fine folks are about."

Putting a hand on the Cryo Tube with Red's dad in it, "Xander, let's get as complete a scann and diagnosis as possible."

"Would say we are looking at True Atlantean Tech."

Inspector Gadget, Investigation 9 _
Investigator Edge +2
[*] Investigation [dice:3non8gj3]52697:0[/dice:3non8gj3]
[*] Wild [dice:3non8gj3]52697:1[/dice:3non8gj3]
Benny for Extra Effort
Elan +2
[*] Extra Effort [dice:3non8gj3]52697:2[/dice:3non8gj3]
Cool Hand Luke, the Science Guy, K/Science 12 _
Scholar +2
[*] K/Science [dice:3non8gj3]52697:3[/dice:3non8gj3]
[*] Wild [dice:3non8gj3]52697:4[/dice:3non8gj3]
[*] Aced! Wild [dice:3non8gj3]52697:5[/dice:3non8gj3]
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

-Xander for Luke
Inside the suit Xander chimes in after the “scan” is complete, ” Prossessing... These appear to be CCW cryo tubes 1st generation. CAF design if I am not mistaken. The tubes appear to be functioning within the normal parameters for the specs I have on file. Unfortunately the 1st generation Cryo freezing Tubes, or more commonly known as Blue Tubes due to the frost bite and blue tinge most receive when awakening lacked medical readouts capable of being deciphered by the layman. Typically a computer mainframe would be babysitting the tubes and have information as to the health of the individuals. The second generation tubes developed for the CAF in the CCW did come with their own sophisiticated computer capable of displaying the health of the individual in the tube, and it was not until the 3rd generation of tubes that the frost bitting sensation developed by many applicants was finally solved...”. Xander goes on for a bit inside the suit concerning the CAF CCW cryotubes.

Note: No mainframe computer seems to be present.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Luke thanks Xander, "I am glad I followed up on your recommendation for modification and upgrade. No one can say that the information data banks aren't getting used."

"If the first gens had mainframes for readouts, then there should be an I/O Port somewhere we could jack in, Xander."

"Please, put the schematics of these tubes up on the HUD."

Dang It Jim, I ain't a Transformer _
K/Engineering 8
HJ +1
Scholar +2
[*] K/Engineering [dice:obp15mf4]52727:0[/dice:obp15mf4]
[*] Wild [dice:obp15mf4]52727:1[/dice:obp15mf4]
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe »

Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenys stared at the big, red button. It called to her. It was obviously the way to save Azumi! Alenys lifted her hand, pointed her finger, reached for the button.

"The equipment is okay to touch. The cryo tubes, please refrain until they have been inspected," Luke said.

Alenys froze.

"Unless one of these folks can cure that techno-zombie goop, and do it without breaking the timeline, we need to leave her in there Red. Unfreezing her without a way to stop the infection is a death sentence. As for the others.. Well , this one is my cousin so I want to open them too, but we should let Luke have a look and see if there's any obvious problems first. Don't want to kill anyone in trying to save them," Antipas added.

Alenys spunt around, hands clenched behind her back, smiling awkwardly. “I wasn’t gonna touch it!” she said quickly. She moved out of the way so Luke could inspect the tubes. “But why are they in there? You said one is your cousin?” she asked Antipas. “The other is Azumi. Who are the others? Why would they be here?”
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

"Curiosity is fine, there @Alenysturathe Just not the touching kind."

Though the smile is hidden behind the faceplate of his helmet the mirth can be heard in his voice.

"Use your eyes to explore and when you have a certainty of what you are dealing with, then use your hands to confirm."

Luke continues to visually inspect each cryo tube. He stops for a long time and looks at Azumi. "You know, she was royalty from another era. Her family descened from kings and queens long before the rifts changed this world. She had true nobility in her." His hand rests there a little while longer on the casing and then, Luke moves off to inspect the remaining tubes.

The broken one holds Luke's interest. "Xander, could we repair this one? Maybe pull together a working schematic that we could use to assess the other tubes."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Alenysturathe wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Alenys spunt around, hands clenched behind her back, smiling awkwardly. “I wasn’t gonna touch it!” she said quickly. She moved out of the way so Luke could inspect the tubes. “But why are they in there? You said one is your cousin?” she asked Antipas. “The other is Azumi. Who are the others? Why would they be here?”
Despite himself the undead slayer is as amused by the young dragons curiosity as he is frustrated by her overlooking the obvious need for Azumi to remain frozen. "[*]Azumi's in there to save her I'd guess as the cryo seems to stop the goo. Cassiopeia's father used to live here decades ago and it's now an Atlantean safehouse so she could be here for any number of reasons but I'm unsure why she's frozen. That looks like another girl who's undergone what Tsume has. And Bigger Red here is a dragon, fantastically powerful and with half his soul replaced with...something? Not demonic or the like but not exactly celestial either."[/b] He looks for e-clips or a charge station to use while Luke works. "So I'd like to learn more about the big guy before we wake him and I'll leave the decision on wakening the cat girl to Tsume as she knows them best[*]"[/b]
Last edited by Antipas on Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume »

Notice 4
Notice [dice:29c12z3y]52905:0[/dice:29c12z3y]
Ace [dice:29c12z3y]52905:2[/dice:29c12z3y]
Wild [dice:29c12z3y]52905:1[/dice:29c12z3y]
Wild Ace [dice:29c12z3y]52905:3[/dice:29c12z3y]
Tsume comes down to the basement and listens to the message. She starts looking over the gear to see if there is anything she likes. She stops and looks over the Sword and then again over the Demon Claws.

"What is special about nye sword and nyese claws, nya?" Tsume askes the others.

She walks over to the area with the medical area and looks at the Cat Girl in the cryobed. "Is nyis a mirror?" She looks over at the others.
Last edited by Tsume on Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe »

Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

"Use your eyes to explore and when you have a certainty of what you are dealing with, then use your hands to confirm," Luke said

Alenys frowned. “That isn’t what Jude said. He likes it when I use my hands to explore,” she told Luke.

"You know, she was royalty from another era. Her family descended from kings and queens long before the rifts changed this world. She had true nobility in her," Luke continued.

“Royalty? Like a...a princess? I know just how to wake her up then! You have to kiss her!” Alenys asserted. “It’s in all the vids.”

She looked back at the figures in the tubes as Paz spoke. “So you know all of them? And that one’s a dragon?” She felt her hackles raise and the teenager actually hissed a bit.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Tsume wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:36 pm

Tsume comes down to the basement and listens to the message. She starts looking over the gear to see if there is anything she likes. She stops and looks over the Sword and then again over the Demon Claws.

"What is special about nye sword and nyese claws, nya?" Tsume askes the others.

She walks over to the area with the medical area and looks at the Cat Girl in the cryobed. "Is nyis a mirror?" She looks over at the others.
"The sword is a Rune Blade inhabited by I'm guessing some kind of Faery, it'll protect the bearer from magic and probably urge them to cause trouble. The claws are TW crafted and it looks like they give some kind of boost in combat." When she examines her "sister" Pas studies her reaction. "I'm unsure if we should wake her. You know more about what was done to you than I, is she a threat?"
Alenysturathe wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:47 am
“Royalty? Like a...a princess? I know just how to wake her up then! You have to kiss her!” Alenys asserted. “It’s in all the vids.”

She looked back at the figures in the tubes as Paz spoke. “So you know all of them? And that one’s a dragon?” She felt her hackles raise and the teenager actually hissed a bit.
"I doubt kissing will cure the bio-mechanical infection unfortunately. And I only know Cass and Azumi. The other girl, well look," he motions towards Tsume as she stands looking into the pod with her near doppleganger. "And as for the big guy," Antipas taps the tattoo of threes eyes aglow with mystic power on his forehead "I'm scoping him out mystically."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Luke begins working furiously on the broken cryo tube with Xander's help.

[RESEARCH] K/Science 19
Scholar +2
[*] K/Science [dice:342otnpj]52948:0[/dice:342otnpj]
[*] Aced! K/Science [dice:342otnpj]52948:6[/dice:342otnpj]
[*] Wild [dice:342otnpj]52948:1[/dice:342otnpj]

[SCHEMATICS] K/Engineering 11
Scholar +2
HJ +1
[*] K/Engineering [dice:342otnpj]52948:2[/dice:342otnpj]
[*] Wild [dice:342otnpj]52948:3[/dice:342otnpj]

[BUILD/REPAIR] Repair 7
[*] Repair [dice:342otnpj]52948:4[/dice:342otnpj]
[*] Wild [dice:342otnpj]52948:5[/dice:342otnpj]
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

[dice:3s02sm5e]52950:0[/dice:3s02sm5e] Streetwise [dice:3s02sm5e]52950:1[/dice:3s02sm5e]Wild. ACED: [dice:3s02sm5e]52950:2[/dice:3s02sm5e]
Total 10 for Scrounger check.

[dice:3s02sm5e]52950:3[/dice:3s02sm5e] Randomizer Scrounge

[dice:3s02sm5e]52950:4[/dice:3s02sm5e][dice:3s02sm5e]52950:5[/dice:3s02sm5e]
Check for Scrounger to find Credits/items in town.
-Holly nods to Victoria and smiles solemly but looks like the wind was knocked out of her sails- Thank you for letting me know that at least.. I'll help with the device after the basement then.. I'm sorry to pry but... It would be nice to be able to feel comfortable that my decision is right. But screw time. Things rarely prevent or discourage a Talayukian anyway. This just makes the situation more of a hunt.. I hope the Tundras of travel in your way encourage your aspirations and spirit you forward as well." -She plays with her gloves adjusting them figiding a little as she smiles at Luke's state- I am eternally grateful that you are okay Luke. I wouldn't have forgiven myself if my endeavors did not provide any results after my Takuru. Out of trouble or not... I still persist my Takeru for you is as realevent now.. You will be protected. -Holly in her wolf girl form walks down the basement but her lamenting soon dissipates as she enters the room after the things have opened and her eyes widen. She doesn't understand the computer voice or the things the others are discussing and her energy starts to come back her tail wagging at the tech and understanding that this was here and looking at the others checking out the gear she starts to move to inspect it herself. She sighs softly looking to Antipas- Really huh? Only one.. well dosen't that beat the ice off the glacier. -She walks over examining the over sized gun, some of the armor particularly the light under clothes armor, the sword, and finally the claws running her hand over them. "Antipas 1 weapon, 1 armor, 1 of each thing right?" She grins a little looking at him. "Who would know or what happens?" She still listens only picking up the claws to examine them closer with a notice roll then sets them back down. "The claws seem like they would let me work with them on.. that or the light armor looks interesting. Who's taking what? I'll take the scraps. -She laughs a little- Let me know Antipas. -She watches Tsume excitedly and waves still annoyed she can't converse with her to find out more. She also waves to Aleny watching her expressions and the hiss which directs her over to the pods. -She looks at the tech recognizing the purpose generally but she gets a bit riled up seeing a different version of Tsume and puts her face/nose against the glass for a detailed look glancing back to Tsume alarmed. "Okay seeing double.. Evil twin? Sister seperately from birth? Or more likely time travel shenanigans if we have those around.. welp I don't think your supposed to talk to yourself right? So maybe it's just someone who looks like her. -Wags her tail examining that pod- Wanna open this one. So.. -Watches Luke examining one and eagerly watches- Really happy to see you working Luke.
[dice:3s02sm5e]52950:6[/dice:3s02sm5e] Notice for Claw info
[dice:3s02sm5e]52950:7[/dice:3s02sm5e] Wild
Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Wed May 01, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Door number 3, results of Holly’s scrounging

Beneath some barrels of water you find a trap door. Just a small thing and when you lift it up you are assulted by glorious smells, a small portable solar powered leyline fueled refrigerator and the Fire in the Hole 3000 portable grill, It runs off propane, PPE, portable pixie generators if you have them Next to the two portable items are 6 bags of wonder no doubt hailing from the Splynn Dimentional market.
  • Bag of Medicated Monkey Dippers. A fine source of calcium, Iron, and riboflavin. Also capable of stunning an ox with one bite. Stir it into a drink, slather it with your favorite spread, one bite and your out like a light. Package contains 6 monkey flavored Dippers.
    • Vigor roll at -4 Knockout Dream Time: Knocked out for 2d6 hours with failure, or 2d6 minutes with success.
  • Bag of Virtual Snake Eggs. Are they there are they not there, all you know is after trying to eat the contents of this bag you are full for 1 week. It is uncertain what happens after that week. But the product disclaimer does mention severe bowel movements.
  • Bar of Sticky Nature Pudding. Not only can nature’s pudding keep you full for days on end it is perfect to make hand holds where none exist. One bar can be used to easily scale a 100ft wall. +2 climb. Only your stomach will growl in protest.
  • Bag of Salt and Pepper Space Wasp. No nutritional value and gives you the runs like you will not believe. Only those wishing to be called Power Dump delve into this bag of mysteries. Interestingly it will let you survive in the vaccume of space for 1 hour. Very interesting. Enough for two servings.
  • Small sack of Geodesic Fructose Pellets. Just what every adventurer needs. 12 pellets, just add water and see what happens. Roll once on the weird science malfunction table. Good thing is the vapor released quenches any thirst.
  • A single Isotonic Poultry Lick. A rare item to be sure. Just one of these licks keeps you fed for an entire year. Downside is after a full week of licking any thing else you try just tastes like chicken. After a month most folks kill themselves. It was discontinued after the great cleansing on Ridel IV. Hard to believe you found one still in the wrapper.
A small ptzzz sound issues from Luke’s suite as he and his armor are examining the cryo tubes. Inside the suit Xander says, ” It appears I may have accidentally activate a pods rejuvenation sequence. These systems are antiquated.” Sammy and Ailbhe draw their weapons but relax when they see it is @Cassiopeia’s pod opening and not the one with the Tsume double.

Tsume notices a large shimmering computer main frame on the wall nearest to the cryo pods. It appears to behind some kind of tech field making it invisible.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume »

As Tsume was staring at her double, something else catches her eye. She walks over to the wall and starts poking it. "Um guys, nyere is a computer behind nyis."

Poke Fate [dice:1v9cuj14]52960:0[/dice:1v9cuj14]
Last edited by Tsume on Wed May 01, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

-After her assessment she smells something and walks over opening a trap door and Holly takes out the bags from there determining it wasn't from the loot area so she looks them over carefully and examining the devices- "This foods odd.. Love food and aromas but this is rather interesting stuff.. wonder if it's delicacies or worth anything.. anyone know these foods?"

[dice:wmx4j43o]52966:0[/dice:wmx4j43o] Delayed Tsume pod

"Oh come on.. If were opening pods I vote the cat double next." -She gets in a defensive stance just in case walking up near where it's opening to be on the frontlines-

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia »

Pain. Clawing burning pain wrapping around her spine and pulling at her ribs. She can’t breathe. The pain, and something more, clamps down tight around her lungs and squeezes. She can hear her own heartbeat pounding in her ears and throbbing along her spine. She opens her mouth to scream or gasp. Nothing. Though they feel like they’re a hundred miles away, she raises her hands, reaching out to the bright light she can see through her eyelids. Something stops her outstretched hand. It moves. A sheet of curved glass is sliding across her fingertips, and then suddenly it’s gone. She reaches out further and then feels the the world slide sideways. She’s tumbling. She falling!

Pod 3 contains a woman who seems to be in her early 30s, though that might be years in an antiquated tube adding lines to her face. Though her eyes are closed, her brow is still wrinkled like she’s scowling at something. She’s dressed in a long tailed button shirt that might have been white, and dark blue pants that hug her legs. Her dark hair is cut short in the back with longer bangs that have been dyed a lurid shade of violet pink that was in fashion maybe ten years ago. Her skin may be a dusty shade of brown, but all the visible skin is tinged slightly blue.

The cryotube, hisses as it unlatches. A cloud of vapor pours out the opened seam and rolls across the floor as the supercooled gasses inside meet the outside air. The glass cover clicks up and starts to slide to one side until it stops under the base of the cryotube. Two slender hands with deep blue fingers, sparkling with tiny ice crystals, reach up from the cloud of vapor inside the tube. As the air clears, a fingerless glove and metal bracer on one arm become visible. Suddenly the reaching hands plunge to the left, followed by a shoulder and then Cassiopeia tumbles out onto the floor beside the cryotube. She lays there with her hands pressed into the floor and her back heaving as she gasps for air. Her back, now exposed, sports a deep, ragged gash along her spine that’s starting to bleed.
Frostbite -None
Vigor [dice:2et62rc9]52988:0[/dice:2et62rc9] -2
Vigor 6-2=4 success. No frostbite.. surprisingly.
Last edited by Cassiopeia on Wed May 01, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Cassiopeia wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:35 pm
Pain. Clawing burning pain wrapping around her spine and pulling at her ribs. She can’t breathe. The pain, and something more, clamps down tight around her lungs and squeezes. She can hear her own heartbeat pounding in her ears and throbbing along her spine. She opens her mouth to scream or gasp. Nothing. Though they feel like they’re a hundred miles away, she raises her hands, reaching out to the bright light she can see through her eyelids. Something stops her outstretched hand. It moves. A sheet of curved glass is sliding across her fingertips, and then suddenly it’s gone. She reaches out further and then feels the the world slide sideways. She’s tumbling. She falling!

Pod 3 contains a woman who seems to be in her early 30s, though that might be years in an antiquated tube adding lines to her face. Though her eyes are closed, her brow is still wrinkled like she’s scowling at something. She’s dressed in a long tailed button shirt that might have been white, and dark blue pants that hug her legs. Her dark hair is cut short in the back with longer bangs that have been died a lurid shade of violet pink that was in fashion maybe ten years ago. Her skin may be a dusty shade of brown, but all the visible skin is tinged slightly blue.

The cryotube, hisses as it unlatches. A cloud of vapor pours out the opened seam and rolls across the floor as the supercooled gasses inside meet the outside air. The glass cover clicks up and starts to slide to one side until it stops under the base of the cryotube. Two slender hands with deep blue fingers, sparkling with tiny ice crystals, reach up from the cloud of vapor inside the tube. As the air clears, a fingerless glove and metal bracer on one arm become visible. Suddenly the reaching hands plunge to the left, followed by a shoulder and then Cassiopeia tumbles out onto the floor beside the cryotube. She lays there with her hands pressed into the floor and her back heaving as she gasps for air. Her back, now exposed, sports a deep, ragged gash along her spine that’s starting to bleed.
Frostbite -None
Vigor [dice:eg9p4qo7]52988:0[/dice:eg9p4qo7] -2
Vigor 6-2=4 success. No frostbite.. surprisingly.
Luke had been at Cryo 9 and had missed, who ever activated Cryo 3. Hearing the escaping air and gasses and then having Xander register the sudden decrease in the ambient temperature, Luke prepped for the worst.

Taking to the heads to the pods to avoid the cluster of CIT members at the feet of the pods, he comppletely misses, Tsume's remarkable discovery.
Tsume wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:53 am
As Tsume was staring at her double, something else catches her eye. She walks over to the wall and starts poking it. "Um guys, nyere is a computer behind nyis."
First on the scene, Luke begins running diagnostics through Xander.

" @Cassiopeia, how in the Forge did you end up here?"
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Antipas is deciding which to address first, Holly's desire to open pods or Tsume's find when Cassiopeia's pod opens. He moves to her side quickly but stops at arms reach, kneeling to address her in Atlantean. "Cass, it's Antipas. You're safe. I'm going to get you medical attention so don't stab anyone OK." He looks towards Luke and Tsume and nods to the woman as he moves in closer and puta a hand on her shoulder.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume »

Another me? But she looks like she merged.

It is inevitable, it will happened eventually. How far down the time line she is though, I don't know.

Tsume looks over her shoulder as Holly says things she can't understand near where her clone is. Looking like she might open the pod.

This should be interesting.

Then the other pod opens and the woman gets up. Antipas nods to Tsume and she rushes over. "Nya, are you hurt?" She closes her eyes and starts chanting in cat like sounds. Her hand starts to glow as she prepares a healing spell.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

-Sighs in relief holding back her fists from striking looking at the woman as Antipas grabs her and Tsume goes to her aid and she sees the chanting and tries to read the situation. "Really could use some translation here. Assuming she's a friendly by the faces that just fell at my feet.. if I move out in front throw me some direction. I don't want to make any mistakes. Translate the introduction for me if so..Hope your okay after being in the tube and my name's Holly, Pleased to meet you Talayukian at your service. Also please tell me the cat girl pods next.. oh and let's teach me this language or more people need to be able to converse with me somehow.. -She states with a slight frustration at the situation but still kindly to everyone on the team her expression one of longing to be able to help more.-

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia »

A breath! Then two. The squeezing around her lungs seems to ease. The pain in her back is still throbbing with each heartbeat, but breathing is becoming easier. Her fingers and feet feel stiff and cold. Her shirt is wet and sticking to her skin. She can feel the wetness trickling down her sides to start soaking the front of her shirt. She manages to open her eyes and squints against the too bright light of the room to see what’s soaking her shirt. Oh. Blood. That’s not good.

“Ann....Antipas?” she gasps and croaks. “Pas, Why aren’t you in prison?”

She cranes her neck around to look up at the two men huddled over her. Antipas and a man in an exoskeleton. She knows that voice. “Luke? Is that you?”
Tsume wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:58 pm
Then the other pod opens and the woman gets up. Antipas nods to Tsume and she rushes over. "Nya, are you hurt?" She closes her eyes and starts chanting in cat like sounds. Her hand starts to glow as she prepares a healing spell.
Cass cranes her neck the other way to scowl at the young woman who skids to a stop on her other side and begins mewling like a cat. In a matter of moments she feels the healing energy flow through her and the pain begins to slip away until it’s merely a dull ache. She takes her first deep breath in what feels like forever and sighs with relief, a smile replacing the scowl.

“Thank you” she breathes.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

HollyTalayuki wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:09 pm
-Sighs in relief holding back her fists from striking looking at the woman as Antipas grabs her and Tsume goes to her aid and she sees the chanting and tries to read the situation. "Really could use some translation here. Assuming she's a friendly by the faces that just fell at my feet.. if I move out in front throw me some direction. I don't want to make any mistakes. Translate the introduction for me if so..Hope your okay after being in the tube and my name's Holly, Pleased to meet you Talayukian at your service. Also please tell me the cat girl pods next.. oh and let's teach me this language or more people need to be able to converse with me somehow.. -She states with a slight frustration at the situation but still kindly to everyone on the team her expression one of longing to be able to help more.-
Xander cues Luke mid scan, "<Uh the Talyukian fur beast is getting uncomfortable.>"

Luke chastises Xander, "<Her name is Holly and be respectful. It is so beneath your capabilities and programming to hold a grudge. I would say you are acting childish but you had no childhood.>"

Luke carefully untangles himself from the morass of 77th team members involved and approaches Holly.

Even without Xander's cooperation, Luke can handle Talyukian quite well.

@HollyTalayuki "Holly. You have done very well since I last spoke to you. Still having problems communicating?"
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

HollyTalayuki wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:09 pm
-Sighs in relief holding back her fists from striking looking at the woman as Antipas grabs her and Tsume goes to her aid and she sees the chanting and tries to read the situation. "Really could use some translation here. Assuming she's a friendly by the faces that just fell at my feet.. if I move out in front throw me some direction. I don't want to make any mistakes. Translate the introduction for me if so..Hope your okay after being in the tube and my name's Holly, Pleased to meet you Talayukian at your service. Also please tell me the cat girl pods next.. oh and let's teach me this language or more people need to be able to converse with me somehow.. -She states with a slight frustration at the situation but still kindly to everyone on the team her expression one of longing to be able to help more.-
Pas flicks on his speaker. "Holly this is my cousin. .. The other two may be dangerous so we're leaving them be for many reasons. .. not least is this is a bad place for us to fight. .. Any damage to Azumi's pod would mean her death. .. After Luke learns more that may change." ((the dashes are pauses for the translator to run))
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

You could say that Luke. -She smiles-
I'm still very happy your doing okay. It literally makes my day to know I kept my Takeru. Ah.. Well give my welcome to your cousin. -She lowers her defensive stance and smiles barking hello in her language to her and bows lightly letting her wolf ears flick.- Any family of yours will be an ally to me. I appologize for taking an offensive stance but you can't be too careful. As far as the cat.. How can anything so cute actually be dangerous? That's absurd. I'll take your word for it then though. -She shrugs- So what's the loot out picks of everyone else? And is my 1 of each item valid Antipas?

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Cassiopeia wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:26 pm
“Ann....Antipas?” she gasps and croaks. “Pas, Why aren’t you in prison?”

She cranes her neck around to look up at the two men huddled over her. Antipas and a man in an exoskeleton. She knows that voice. “Luke? Is that you?”
His exoskeleton (Xander) on and engaged, some people might forget that Luke suffers from the Wasting Disease. So his brief moment with @Cassiopeia Cass is just that, brief.

Now caught in a language war, Luke decides to stop, [In True Atlantean] "Cass, good to hear your voice again. It has been awhile."

[In Talayukian] "Holly, for now, try running your questions through Antipas. I need to think on a couple of things."

[In Common] "First is @Tsume's find. What are we looking at or for, young lady?"
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

No worries Luke. I haven't gotten into much trouble while you were out so no need to worry. I figured Antipas would translate for his cousin anyway. I just hope she accepts my appology. Talk about starting on the wrong foot.. I can only talk to two people and when someone else tries to show up I act like I'm gonna eat them. Sometimes I do think I'm too wild but then I go get a steak. -Crosses her arms in thought and after showing her lack of harmful intent and waiting on Antipas to translate she looks at Tsume and what she's doing curiously as well as rebooking at the armory thinking herself.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Cassiopeia wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:26 pm
A breath! Then two. The squeezing around her lungs seems to ease. The pain in her back is still throbbing with each heartbeat, but breathing is becoming easier. Her fingers and feet feel stiff and cold. Her shirt is wet and sticking to her skin. She can feel the wetness trickling down her sides to start soaking the front of her shirt. She manages to open her eyes and squints against the too bright light of the room to see what’s soaking her shirt. Oh. Blood. That’s not good.

“Ann....Antipas?” she gasps and croaks. “Pas, Why aren’t you in prison?”

She cranes her neck around to look up at the two men huddled over her. Antipas and a man in an exoskeleton. She knows that voice. “Luke? Is that you?”
Tsume wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:58 pm
Then the other pod opens and the woman gets up. Antipas nods to Tsume and she rushes over. "Nya, are you hurt?" She closes her eyes and starts chanting in cat like sounds. Her hand starts to glow as she prepares a healing spell.
Cass cranes her neck the other way to scowl at the young woman who skids to a stop on her other side and begins mewling like a cat. In a matter of moments she feels the healing energy flow through her and the pain begins to slip away until it’s merely a dull ache. She takes her first deep breath in what feels like forever and sighs with relief, a smile replacing the scowl.

“Thank you” she breathes.
"Short version: Luke broke me out, we came to earth, hooked up with a blue beam army, stumbled our way here, found you a meatsicle in your dad's basement these last 10 years, according to the machine." Azumi's healing having done it's work Antipas helps Cassiopeia to her feet. "Who fucked you up and why didn't the Skellian's who took over after Griffus left help you?" ((Note this is in American))
HollyTalayuki wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm
You could say that Luke. -She smiles-
I'm still very happy your doing okay. It literally makes my day to know I kept my Takeru. Ah.. Well give my welcome to your cousin. -She lowers her defensive stance and smiles barking hello in her language to her and bows lightly letting her wolf ears flick.- Any family of yours will be an ally to me. I appologize for taking an offensive stance but you can't be too careful. As far as the cat.. How can anything so cute actually be dangerous? That's absurd. I'll take your word for it then though. -She shrugs- So what's the loot out picks of everyone else? And is my 1 of each item valid Antipas?
While his first impulse at the wolf girls unneeded apology would be to let it pass unremarked he could feel the eyes of his wife squint in disapproval. "Do not apologize. ..You kept your guard up but did not overreact to an unknown. .. Cass will respect that.. The restriction to one item is only on the items in the vault. .. The more standard supplies are at our disposal." He clumsily tries to coach the youth as he imagined Keri would have, biting back the deluge of abuse such a "weak" mindset would have elicited from his trainers.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia »

Antipas wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:03 pm
"Short version: Luke broke me out, we came to earth, hooked up with a blue beam army, stumbled our way here, found you a meatsicle in your dad's basement these last 10 years, according to the machine." Azumi's healing having done it's work Antipas helps Cassiopeia to her feet. "Who fucked you up and why didn't the Skellian's who took over after Griffus left help you?" ((Note this is in American)
Cass shakes her head to try and make all the things Pas just said make sense. That doesn’t actually help. “I.. I don’t know. Dad’s house? Skellian's? We’re on Earth?” She shivers in her wet torn shirt. “I still feel like a meatsicle.”

Pas helps her to her feet, but while Cass keeps one hand on his arm for stability, she makes a grab for Tsume’s with the other. She give the catgirl’s hand a squeeze in thanks.
HollyTalayuki wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm
Ah.. Well give my welcome to your cousin. -She lowers her defensive stance and smiles barking hello in her language to her and bows lightly letting her wolf ears flick.- Any family of yours will be an ally to me. I apologize for taking an offensive stance but you can't be too careful.
The tired looking woman turns first to the speaker on Pas’s equipment that seems to be talking to her, and then to the Talayukian. Her eyes dart back and forth. If she didn’t currently feel like death warmed over, maybe she’d have the wit to make some comment about Pas & Luke settling down and getting a puppy. But the snark just isn’t coming to her so she tries to focus her attention on the nervous girl both the men have been surprisingly gentle with.

“Holly. That’s a cute name.” She’s cute. I want a puppy. Wait. No. Stay on target, Cassie girl.

"Thank you for being ready to defend my cousin. He’s good at finding trouble.”
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

Thanks for the reassurance Antipas. Personally I normally don't care but I actually like this group. I don't normally fit in since I'm a rather oddball even for a Talayukian. She seems nice and I just don't want anyone here to think I'm a wild beast. I am protective of friends though. What did she say? -She picks up some food supplies adding it to a bag along with what she found in the cellar and she chews on some food she finds and then sits by Cass in order to figure out a bit about Antipas cousin- Is anyone interested in the claws over there besides me? Or the armor thing.

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe »

Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenys backed off a bit as one of the pods started to come to life. There was a hiss as it warmed the person inside to life again.

The Tsume found a computer. “Oh!” Alenys exclaimed, turning to look at the wall. “Where?”

The one pod opened, and everyone started talking weird again, so Alenys drifted over to where Tsume indicated she had found to computer to look at it.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Luke is busy patting the wall behind the pods starting at Pod 1. @Tsume "Where did you see the computer screen or monitor?"
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume »

Faith 10
Faith [dice:2xbbqf2v]53025:0[/dice:2xbbqf2v]
Wild [dice:2xbbqf2v]53025:1[/dice:2xbbqf2v]
Cursed with Awesome [dice:2xbbqf2v]53025:2[/dice:2xbbqf2v]
Extra Effort with Elan! [dice:2xbbqf2v]53025:3[/dice:2xbbqf2v]
Tsume touches Cassiopeia to let her healing spell flow into her to ease any pain she is feeling.
[In Common] "First is Tsume's find. What are we looking at or for, young lady?"

Luke is busy patting the wall behind the pods starting at Pod 1. @Tsume "Where did you see the computer screen or monitor?"
"Sorry, Nyit is over here." Tsume walks over to the wall she was poking before. "Nyere is a computer back nyere. nya"
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

It’s weird... Tsume’s attempt to heal Cass in a way backfires and the divine energy just opens the wound even further. That is when Antipas realizes when he looks both at Luke and Cass’s back they carry similar arcane signatures. Cass’s seems to be at the early stage’s of what is affecting Luke so their might be half a chance to prevent a crippling disease from running its course with in her. The group’s going to need the medical bay to sow her up and some arcane inspiration to draw out the curse before it is too late.

Tsume’s poking on the computer shuts down the invisibility field making it obvious their is a mainframe. The quadruple screen is on. At the bottom it reads DOv2.5 T-TTY SPR-NKL-S. The middle of the screen instead of login and password reads, Do you want to play a game?

GM post coming to set up a dramatic task to either save Cass or hack the computer.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

HollyTalayuki wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:38 pm
Thanks for the reassurance Antipas. Personally I normally don't care but I actually like this group. I don't normally fit in since I'm a rather oddball even for a Talayukian. She seems nice and I just don't want anyone here to think I'm a wild beast. I am protective of friends though. What did she say? -She picks up some food supplies adding it to a bag along with what she found in the cellar and she chews on some food she finds and then sits by Cass in order to figure out a bit about Antipas cousin- Is anyone interested in the claws over there besides me? Or the armor thing.
Antipas is still looking over the wound on Cassiopeia's back intently, hoping the healing energies of Tsume's cat goddess prove effective. "She thanks you for having my back .. as I tend to find myself in dangerous situations. .. Tsume was asking after the claws .. and Smith was interested in the stealth armor." His attention is snapped to the wound. He then looks at Luke intently and back at the wound and he mutters something spectacularly vulgar and blasphemous in Atlantean, forgetting he'd not yet shut off the translator.

"We gotta get her on the table over there. @Tsume , can you detect arcana? You'll need to be able to have a chance at nipping this in the bud. Cass, somehow you've contracted the wasting disease the In'Valien were cursed with. @Luke have you come up with any new treatments while I was in lock-up?"
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Shamlin: 50 miles south of where Claude is at

Post by Pender Lumkiss »


+1 benny, and fatigue has gone away
Spoon fed edition recap
Healing and Hacking. Also called Skellian safe houses are secure.

@Cassiopeia whatever arcane desise that doomed Luke’s race seems to be growing inside her. To make matters worse it seemed to reacted poorly to Tsume’s attempt to heal her and in fact made the wound on her back even worse!
Engineering roll
Interestingly anyone can make an engineerings roll to tell that the design elements of the cryo pods and medical bay are two distinct to have been installed at the same time. On a raise you can tell the medical bay units would have been put in about 1 years ago. Double raise you would surmise 2 months ago.
In order to actually satabalize Cass the CIT will need to neutralize the arcane disease before it becomes truly debilitating. Anyone with Kn Arcane will tell you its almost like drawing out PPE from a leyline with the only catch you don’t want any to come into you! Her back is another matter completely: an oozing wound black and nerve endings frayed plus with a version of the wasting disease creeping around inside her makes arcane healing problematic. Fortunately the medical bay is complete with state of the art robotic repair units capable of assisting those whom are healers or technically inclined. Unfortunately the software controlling these robotic arms go haywire at the worst possible moment making any kind of healing attempts that much harder.
OOC Comments
[dice:2ov9x1lp]53026:0[/dice:2ov9x1lp] 1-4 bad, 5-6 good.

Hacking a hidden computer is a hard thing to do. Looks like some high tech field is projecting an invisibility or out of phase field at it keeping it hidden from the untrained eye. Now that Tsume pointed it it out it’s pretty easy to disable the invisibility field. Even once fully revealed by some means no doubt a 25 bit encryption key has been put into place by a computer expert known as Death Otter. How are you going to get past a computer prompt that just asks you, Do you want to play a game? There is always a moment in time when you think you might have met your match. This might be one such moment: because the basement’s lights turn red and just like an old death drap the roof of the basement starts to drop. The errie voice of the PA system comes on almost a duplicate for Xander, ” Initiating counter measures... Initiating counter measures... Step 1 initiated...”.

Sammy looks up at the celing with wide eyes and his cigar dropping out of his mouth, ”Well... Thats not too bad...”

”Step 2 activated... Step two activated...
But then it gets worse, a corrosive gass starts flooding the far end of the corridor near where the gear is... Ailbhe chuckles a bit, ”That isn’t too bad either...” The gass it seems is capable of dissolving and destroying magical items as one of the TW items dissolves...

A cry from Victoria Geist from up the stairs foreshadows something. Her voice is steady and forthwright, ” Get your asses up here! They are coming!”

”Initiate Stage 3... Initiate stage 3...”
Then that is when the last shoe drops, a series of heavy secure mega damage fall into place preventing anyone from going up. Sure the group could try to escape but doing that would surely doom Cass to her fate. Best way to save her and survive this well designed security protocol is to shut down the computer. Plus don’t you want all that sweet sweet data on the computer mainframe?

Sammy and Ailbhe move quickly to aid the heroes but something resembling a violent earth quake shakes the basement and a set of crates and barrels knock into the pair rendering them unconscious. The 77th will need to act fast if they are not to meet the same fate.
Antipas and His Thunder Duck
Squak... Zzztttt... Thunder duck seems to be brewing a small lightning strike unless further notified.
OOC Comments
Disaster [dice:2ov9x1lp]53026:2[/dice:2ov9x1lp] wild [dice:2ov9x1lp]53026:3[/dice:2ov9x1lp]
Disaster [dice:2ov9x1lp]53026:1[/dice:2ov9x1lp]

Player Directions:

Step 1, Agility roll or take a lvl of fatigue as crates, lights, come crashing down from the violent shake
Step 2, choose a challenge!
  • Two technical skill challenges: Please choose 1 and note it in the top of your post.

    Stabilize Cass-
    Success needed: 5 Difficulty: -4, TN 4
    Skills: Academics, Computers, Electronics, Healing, Investigation, Logistics, Repair, Science.
    • Arcane, psionic, and mysticism can be used at an additional -4 penalty and on a failure gives the user a wound.
    Failure: not good, but look at Luke’s character sheet.
    OOC Comments
    Wasting Curse: Due to the ravages of the curse they suffer, In'Valians are constantly exhausted when doing any kind of physical exertion. When completing any task outside of, or without the benefit of, their exoskeleton, they suffer a -2 to all rolls from fatigue. This can include delicate work the suit is not ideal for.
    Hack the computer: 4 Successes, Difficulty: -4, TN 13
    Academics, Computers, Electronics, Healing, Investigation, Logistics, Repair, Science,
    • Fighting or shooting is fine as well with a +8 bonus but it destroys the computer or at least an important part.
    Failure:All characters take 1 wound and 1 lvl of fatigue as the group finally emerges.
Step 3: All challenges list skills allowable, choose a skill with a modifier that includes the scene modifier plus any of the below bonuses. Note if you took all bonuses you make the roll at +2.
  • Possible Bonuses:
    • Signature Style, Include a cool signature type move or act give it an appropriate name and gain a +2 bonus (this could be narrating a power activating in an interesting way). This could even be a cool catch phrase.
    • Teamwork makes the dream work. Talk with another player and figure out a way your are helping each other(this can cross tasks). Show us what that looks like. +2 bonus.
    • Adventure Cards can be played for a +2 bonus
Step 4: Show us how it looks.

Hey Mr. GM I think when stage 1 activates I would use my super duper speed to just jet out of here and leave everyone behind... Nice wait a week and then we’ll get to you. In the meantime remove the legendary roll from your sheet. This game is for heroes who can accomplish the amazing.

Can I just go to the doors and pry them open or hold the roof with my str? If you like to abandon your fellow team mates and pursue this go for it and make a str roll at -4 ( time and awkwardness) vs TN [dice:2ov9x1lp]53026:4[/dice:2ov9x1lp] wild [dice:2ov9x1lp]53026:5[/dice:2ov9x1lp] ( only bonus allowed her would be the team work one if two folks are working on this together) Failure 1d4 wounds to you as you try to absorb the crushing forces. Success: no wound on a failure as indicated above in the hacking scene. You get a raise here and I’ll give ye another roll on the legendary tables.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Well Luke thinks Complications Will Arise. Guarenteed ...

The ground shakes and tremors rippling across the floor cause crates and barrels and all sorts of other things to be tossed across the room.

Step 1 _
[*] Agility [dice:5xw6ha2y]53051:0[/dice:5xw6ha2y]
[*] Wild [dice:5xw6ha2y]53051:1[/dice:5xw6ha2y]
Luke and Xander manage to ride out the 7.5 aftershocks and even brace themselves in such a way to keep anything from actually falling in and around them.

Step 2, Save Cass _

Curious (Major) Hindrance - Can Luke cure Cass before the Wasting Curse becomes a Disease?
Quirk (Minor) Hindrance - Oh look, Cass is injured. She needs to be fixed.
Vow (Minor) Hindrance - Repairing the world and the universe one person, place or thing at a time.
Impulsive (Major) Hindrance - Luke's mind is processing so fast that many believe that he takes no time to think. But he knows and acts on his impulses.

Hero's Journey +1
Scholar +2
Scene Mod -4
[*] K/Engineering [dice:5xw6ha2y]53051:2[/dice:5xw6ha2y]
[*] Wild [dice:5xw6ha2y]53051:3[/dice:5xw6ha2y]
His mind is racing through all the medical files and trials that were ever performed in an effort to stop or delay the
Wasting Disease _
Wasting Curse: Due to the ravages of the curse they suffer, In'Valians are constantly exhausted when doing any kind of physical exertion. When completing any task outside of, or without the benefit of, their exoskeleton, they suffer a -2 to all rolls from fatigue. This can include delicate work the suit is not ideal for.
, it would seem that very little had been done combining sciences.

Luke tries to remember what Cass's skill set was but instead of asking her, looks to @Antipas "I need you to feed some PPE through this device and get Thunder Duck to pulse some constant electrical current as well."

When Pas gives the look, that Pas always gives when Luke talks science, Luke just says, "Try touching Cass with the effects of your Heart with Wings Tattoo while the siphon is running."

@Cassiopeia "Look Cass, it is shear cruelty that someone would place the Wasting Disease on you. We aren't going to let it stay. If I remember right you had some crazy Techno-Wizard skills?"

Responses Following _
TW Device is a containment device for the Wasting Disease. Funneling PPE through Cass's system will attract the Wasting Disease to it. She in turn gets some small PPE recharge, while the remainder courses through her system.

Luke's device is set to add fluids to cass's body in order to help her body heal naturally. The PPE will piggyback on these fluids and allow the gaqthering and siphoning to take effect.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Cassiopeia
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Cassiopeia »

Step 1
Agility 1d6 = [dice:1lilycfb]53058:0[/dice:1lilycfb]
Wild 1d6 = [dice:1lilycfb]53058:1[/dice:1lilycfb]
Sheltered half under the cryo tube and the three people standing over her, it isn't hard for Cassiopeia to avoid falling rubble.
Antipas wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:19 pm
"We gotta get her on the table over there. @Tsume , can you detect arcana? You'll need to be able to have a chance at nipping this in the bud. Cass, somehow you've contracted the wasting disease the In'Valien were cursed with. @Luke have you come up with any new treatments while I was in lock-up?"
Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Healing and Hacking. Also called Skellian safe houses are secure.

@Cassiopeia whatever arcane disease that doomed Luke’s race seems to be growing inside her. To make matters worse it seemed to reacted poorly to Tsume’s attempt to heal her and in fact made the wound on her back even worse! ...
In order to actually stabilize Cass the CIT will need to neutralize the arcane disease before it becomes truly debilitating. Anyone with Kn Arcane will tell you its almost like drawing out PPE from a leyline with the only catch you don’t want any to come into you! Her back is another matter completely: an oozing wound black and nerve endings frayed plus with a version of the wasting disease creeping around inside her makes arcane healing problematic. Fortunately the medical bay is complete with state of the art robotic repair units capable of assisting those whom are healers or technically inclined. Unfortunately the software controlling these robotic arms go haywire at the worst possible moment making any kind of healing attempts that much harder.
Cassiopeia swallows hard against the bile rising in her throat. The pain feels like it’s eating through from her back into her guts. She hears Pas’s declaration of wasting disease and hears the slight note of panic in his voice. The two of them know first hand what Luke has struggled with from the disease both physically and mentally his whole life. The claxon of alarms, screams from upstairs and doors clanging shut pulls at her frayed attention. Part of her wants nothing more than to push aside the pain in favor of conquering the computer challenge. It is one of her favorite escapes, but that would be suicide.
Luke wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:52 pm
His mind is racing through all the medical files and trials that were ever performed in an effort to stop or delay the
Wasting Disease _
Wasting Curse: Due to the ravages of the curse they suffer, In'Valians are constantly exhausted when doing any kind of physical exertion. When completing any task outside of, or without the benefit of, their exoskeleton, they suffer a -2 to all rolls from fatigue. This can include delicate work the suit is not ideal for.
, it would seem that very little had been done combining sciences.

Luke tries to remember what Cass's skill set was but instead of asking her, looks to @Antipas "I need you to feed some PPE through this device and get Thunder Duck to pulse some constant electrical current as well."

When Pas gives the look, that Pas always gives when Luke talks science, Luke just says, "Try touching Cass with the effects of your Heart with Wings Tattoo while the siphon is running."

@Cassiopeia "Look Cass, it is shear cruelty that someone would place the Wasting Disease on you. We aren't going to let it stay. If I remember right you had some crazy Techno-Wizard skills?"
“No, Luke. No! I know you want to fix this. I know this is a personal demon you want to fight, but now is not the time.” She tries to shove him past her toward the computer terminal. “It’s called wasting disease. Not killing me right now disease. You go stop that protocol that IS trying to kill all of us in this room. Pas and I can use that med bay right there beside the terminal. You can watch us. You know Pas and I have healed our own wounds before. When we get out of here, THEN you and I will work on that cure. Now MOVE!” Her voice is stronger than her hands, but she feebly bats him away and very pointedly turns her attention to Pas.

“Help me onto that table. If I lay on my stomach I can help with the controls. Can either of these gals here help move me quicker? I’m not sure my legs will work.” She throws a pleading, hopeful glance at Holly, and reaches out to grasp the taller woman’s arm.

Step 2
Scholar +2
Scene mod: -4
Teamwork makes the dream work +2
K/Electronics 1d8 = [dice:1lilycfb]53058:2[/dice:1lilycfb]
Wild 1d6 = [dice:1lilycfb]53058:3[/dice:1lilycfb]
Spend one Bennie to reroll
K/electronics 1d8= [dice:1lilycfb]53058:4[/dice:1lilycfb] Ace! + [dice:1lilycfb]53058:6[/dice:1lilycfb]
Wild 1d6 = [dice:1lilycfb]53058:5[/dice:1lilycfb]
Total K/Electronics = 13.
1 Success plus 2 raises for Cass!

The move to the table took more out of her than she expected and her cold fingers fumble over the controls. One of the robotic arms actually jabs her and she bites back a scream. She refuses to let her slip distract Luke.
Edit: Cass closes eyes, willing the machine to tell her what to do. She slides her fingers over the controls and the arms spring to life to begin their diagnostic scan.
Last edited by Cassiopeia on Fri May 03, 2019 9:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Techno Wizard
Pace: 6 Parry:6 Toughness: 6
Wounds: None
PPE: 11/20
Constant Effects:
Combat Edges: Right behind me, Master of Magic, Marks of Heritage
Bennies: 1/3
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature

User avatar
HollyTalayuki
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »


-HELPING CASS-

-Holly picks up the claws she was sitting by while gathering her food bag and answers Antipas. "Oh.. I meant the armor that wears underneath easily. If Tsume wants the claws I'll pass then off to her. --She hears Antipas talking about the lifting Cass and notices the problem she's having but while analyzing the information the ceiling starts falling and the gas comes out slowly- Oh crap... I swear if the 77th didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any at all.. well back to the disaster..
So let's avoid the ceiling..
[dice:110285x6]53061:0[/dice:110285x6] Agi
[dice:110285x6]53061:1[/dice:110285x6] Wild
"Alright.. dodged another one... "
-Holly quickly ran over to Cass and saw her reach out and she lifted her up and set her on the table using her strength simply.- Hope that's right.. -Laughs softly with a nervous chuckle and moves to the side to work hard on helping Luke/Antipas/Cass and after she notices the machine Luke is setting up as well as the back problems Cass had opening and she recognizing some similarities to Luke and the machine. Looking at the alert on Luke's face she goes over using her knowledge engineering capabilities to try to get the machine to assist withdrawing the disease from Cass.- Oh no.. we just got Luke back up.. No way am I letting any team member down
Scene Mod -4
Team work is dream work +2
Engineering Mod +1
Extra Effort +2
[dice:110285x6]53061:2[/dice:110285x6] Engineering
[dice:110285x6]53061:3[/dice:110285x6] Wild

-Holly gently squeezes her hand seeing the improvements on Cass as she notes the room getting tougher to deal with but she moves in front to give as much assistance as she can to her group.- Anything I can do give the word Antipas.. I'm here for you both.

1 Success for Cass

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

It has been nearly a solid month by Luke's reckoning since he had crafted or tinkerred with anything. Truth was he was itching to build something and clearing Cass of the Wasting Curse, before it became a disease was a super priority, call it a personal vendetta.

Maybe it was his tact with women but once again he had nothing to say in the situation and went like a chastised Talayukian with head hung low and his tail between his legs. Come here computer.

@Smith and @Alenysturathe "Hack the Planet."

"We need the readouts on each of the patients. If the monitors go down, I feel that the cryo systems themselves would fail as well. No red button pushing necessary."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Cass Challenge has reached 5 successes.

Hack: 0/4 successes.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

When the alarms begin and security door drop Pas lets out an exasperated sigh I am going to staple their hands into their fucking pockets. Gods damn it.. Debris begins to fall, incapacitating the FB folks.
Antipas nimbly dodges the falling objects
Agility [dice:1wt2zjdx]53077:0[/dice:1wt2zjdx] Wild [dice:1wt2zjdx]53077:1[/dice:1wt2zjdx]
Seeing Cass take control of the medbay situation Antipas looks to the mainframe. Computers were never his strong point even before his memory damage so he decides to leave it to Smith and Al for not but he does reach up under his coat and active a tattoo to boost their skills in that arena. (+2 teamwork to Smith and Alenys) Then he draws Nemisi and waits to see how they fare.

"Let me know if you two don't have this and I'll shut it down."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Sure @Cassiopeia told him to go figure out the computers but as soon as Holly had her and she was placed with her back towards him, he was right back in the game. Can't keep a good scientist from doing the right thing.

Luke watched as Cass manuevered the arms to perform her own surgery on her back. He would then slip a piece of electrically charged wire along a nerve or muscle fiber and extract the neuro toxin part of the Wasting Curse. [To Xander] <"Cass ain't going to like me disobeying her, but she would like it even less being cut off from herpowers. I am certain that is something I could never give back to her.">

Luke's Hindrances _
Someone could most certainly riff off anyone of these in their next post or three.

Curious (Major) Hindrance - Can Luke cure Cass before the Wasting Curse becomes a Disease?
Quirk (Minor) Hindrance - Oh look, Cass is injured. She needs to be fixed.
Vow (Minor) Hindrance - Repairing the world and the universe one person, place or thing at a time.
Impulsive (Major) Hindrance - Luke's mind is processing so fast that many believe that he takes no time to think. But he knows and acts on his impulses.
Gm Note _
Luke hopes that one of the pieces of armor was what got evaporated by the acid. Water. Fire. Electricity. All make acid worse.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Alenysturathe
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:29 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Alenysturathe »

K. Engineering 8
K. Engineering [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:0[/dice:1trsxhq4]
Wild [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:1[/dice:1trsxhq4]
Ace [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:2[/dice:1trsxhq4]
Agility 5
Agility [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:3[/dice:1trsxhq4]
Wild [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:4[/dice:1trsxhq4]
K. Computers 16; 1 success
-4 Difficulty
+2 Field Computer
+2 Teamwork from Antipas (and Smith?)
+2 Signature Move: Too Cool for School
+2 Action Card
K. Computers [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:5[/dice:1trsxhq4]
Wild [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:6[/dice:1trsxhq4]
Benny Elan to reroll
K. Computers [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:7[/dice:1trsxhq4]
Wild [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:8[/dice:1trsxhq4]
Benny to reroll
K. Computers [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:9[/dice:1trsxhq4]
Wild [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:10[/dice:1trsxhq4]
Ace [dice:1trsxhq4]53200:11[/dice:1trsxhq4]
Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

Alenys studied the layout of the basement. She wasn’t sure how she knew it, but it looked like the medical bay was installed much later than the cryopods, within the last year.

Alenys looked back at the computer, now that the invisibility field had been disabled. “Oh, I like computer games!” she said excitedly at the prompt. But then the lights started flashing red and the ceiling started to descend with the ominous voice echoing through the basement about countermeasures.

“That doesn’t sound good.”

And then corrosive gas started seeping into the far end of the chamber, and Geist from upstairs yelled for them.

And then they were locked in by solid doors. “Well, darn it!” Alenys cursed as the room started to shake and she had to dodge falling crates and lights.

HACK THE COMPUTER

Alenys cracked her knuckles and studied the computer. She pulled out her own field computer and hooked it up as well to help her hack the mainframe. “Thanks, Pas,” she told him when he gave her a boost. “I bet if Smith takes off his shirt I could be inspired,” she said, batting her eyelashes at him. Then she started whistling and put on a set of rhinestone sunglasses she had picked up from Rhinestone Rita, in memory of her. “Rita always said I was a natural. Too Cool for School, she said.”

And then Alenys set to work.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

User avatar
Tsume
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Tsume »

deleted post
Antipas wrote: ↑Thu May 02, 2019 6:19 pm
"We gotta get her on the table over there. Tsume , can you detect arcana? You'll need to be able to have a chance at nipping this in the bud. Cass, somehow you've contracted the wasting disease the In'Valien were cursed with. @Luke have you come up with any new treatments while I was in lock-up?"
Tsume shakes her head, "No."

Step 1
Agility 8
Agility 1d12 = 8: 8
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Cursed with Awesome 1d6 = 3: 3
Agility 8
Agility [dice:dn03fri8]53294:0[/dice:dn03fri8]
Wild [dice:dn03fri8]53294:1[/dice:dn03fri8]
Cursed with Awesome [dice:dn03fri8]53294:2[/dice:dn03fri8]
Tsume is able to dodge anything items that were to hit her with cat-like grace.
Step 2

Tsume continues to help Cass, relying on her healing skills to assist her.
Healing 12
-4
Healing 1d4 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Ace 1d4 = 4: 4
Double Ace 1d4 = 3: 3
Extra Effort with Elan 1d6+2 = 5: 3
4+4+3+5-4=12
Healing 12
-4
Healing [dice:dn03fri8]53294:3[/dice:dn03fri8]
Wild [dice:dn03fri8]53294:4[/dice:dn03fri8]
Ace [dice:dn03fri8]53294:5[/dice:dn03fri8]
Double Ace [dice:dn03fri8]53294:6[/dice:dn03fri8]
Extra Effort with Elan [dice:dn03fri8]53294:7[/dice:dn03fri8]
4+4+3+5-4=12
screenshot of deleted post from browser history
post backup.png
Antipas wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:19 pm
"We gotta get her on the table over there. @Tsume , can you detect arcana? You'll need to be able to have a chance at nipping this in the bud. Cass, somehow you've contracted the wasting disease the In'Valien were cursed with. @Luke have you come up with any new treatments while I was in lock-up?"
Tsume shakes her head, "Nyo."
Agility 8
Agility 1d12 = 8: 8
Wild 1d6 = 1: 1
Cursed with Awesome 1d6 = 3: 3
HACK THE COMPUTER

Tsume is able to dodge anything items that were to hit her with cat-like grace. She sees the gas starts eating the items, she she heads over to where they are and snags the rune sword before heading back to the medical area. As everyone rushed and helped Cass, Tsume is looking like she is not sure what to do. "I don't knyow anynying about computers, but I cyan see if I cyan do anynying." Tsume goes over to one of the screens that prompts 'Do you want to play a game?" and types in "YES." A game pops up a list of games including one called "Hospital Tycoon". "Nyis looks like fyun. Cyan you give me syome pointers, Alenys and Smyth?"
Healing 18
-4
Teamwork makes the dream work +2
Signature move +2 "Awesome Moment"(add main skill and wild roll plus two even)
Healing 1d4 = 4: 4
Wild 1d6 = 2: 2
Ace 1d4 = 4: 4
Double Ace 1d4 = 3: 3
Extra Effort with Elan 1d6+2 = 5: 3
4+4+3+5+2+2+2=22
22-4=18
Tsume chats with Alenys and Smith to get assistant on her game. She uses her skills at healing to help her overcome the medical based game challenge presented by the computer. She does an awesome job at beating it quickly with their help, "Nya, We're like Cursed with Awesyome!"

WIP
Notes from GM for post update needed
Just make a note on the final total and the use of the awesome moment plus a description of what this moment looks like. Also and how heal was used to help stop the death trap from playing out.
not used,used original post rolls
Tsume shakes her head. "No."
Agility 3
Agility [dice:dn03fri8]53295:0[/dice:dn03fri8]
Wild [dice:dn03fri8]53295:1[/dice:dn03fri8]
A crate falls and hits Tsume in the head, +1 level of fatigue.
Last edited by Tsume on Sun May 12, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

User avatar
Smith
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Smith »

OOC Comments
Agility [dice:1x9922ln]53425:4[/dice:1x9922ln]
Wild Die [dice:1x9922ln]53425:5[/dice:1x9922ln]
Benny to reroll
Agility [dice:1x9922ln]53425:6[/dice:1x9922ln]
Wild Die [dice:1x9922ln]53425:7[/dice:1x9922ln]
K/Computers [dice:1x9922ln]53425:0[/dice:1x9922ln]
Wild Die [dice:1x9922ln]53425:1[/dice:1x9922ln]
Ace [dice:1x9922ln]53425:2[/dice:1x9922ln]
Extra Effort [dice:1x9922ln]53425:3[/dice:1x9922ln]
Last edited by Smith on Sun May 12, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

"Looks like this is a Skamtek K-900 TW mainframe Cass, talk me thru the shortcuts." To add a little oomph Antipas finds a bit of rubber matting to stand on and has Blue perch on his shoulder. What little hair Antipas has stands on end but his flesh remains unmarred by the birds electric touch but it does add a bit of static zap to his hacking. The coaching and shock from the elemental however can't overcome the undead slayers lack of tech skills. Stepping back he leaves it to those better versed in such things.
Hack attempt
modifier: scene -4, sig move +2, teamwork +2(Cass coaching), Action Card +2; total +2
Computer [dice:ai7h21dn]53428:0[/dice:ai7h21dn]
Wild [dice:ai7h21dn]53428:1[/dice:ai7h21dn]
Bennie to reroll
Computer [dice:ai7h21dn]53428:2[/dice:ai7h21dn]
Wild [dice:ai7h21dn]53428:3[/dice:ai7h21dn]
Bennie to reroll
Comp [dice:ai7h21dn]53428:4[/dice:ai7h21dn]
Wild [dice:ai7h21dn]53428:5[/dice:ai7h21dn]
Without waiting to see how many of the security protocols were circumvented Antipas moves to check on the fallen FB members. Finding them unconscious but otherwise OK he Looks to the team. "Let's head up everyone.. whoever is coming<Nodding upwards> .. it don't sound like they're friendly.."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

GM post forthcoming!

Items taken:

Smith: Nuruni NE-C20 Camouflage Variable Armor plus bottle of psi cola.
Antipas: Bandit BigBore Sawed-Off Shotgun, 24 Bigbore rounds, 12 u rounds
Al: ATL- 7 anti tank laser rifle(tinker tech), 4 eclips
Tsume: rune sword
Holly: demon claws
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 3484
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Revenge... Its all about revenge.

The gas vents and roof retracts. The eerie PA that resembles Xander’s voice bellows, ”Makemeagod access code recognized. Security measures disengaged. Situation nominal.” While the team escapes unscathed the damage the gas did was unmistakable. The gas of course was fed in closest to the arsonel of weapon and items. It would have hit the medical area last and the team was able to shut down the security protocols just before the gass would have started eating through the seals of the cryo chambers.
Notice
The pods have somehow switched places. Pods 1-2 now have the weird looking Tsume, the Red haired muscular man. Pod 3 would have been Cass, and pod 4 broken. Freaky!


The medical team fixes cass right as rain taking advantage of a verity of modern medicine, arcane know how, and advanced robotics. She no longer has any wounds and whatever wasting disease that was within no longer affects her. However the medicinal techniques do little to return her memories of how she got here.
Xander for Luke
”Luke Cassiopeia has been healed. The energies that resemble the same criplining illness plaguing the Invallin’s has be rendered inert.” A holo image displays Cass’s body and a red swirl marks her back. ” While inert... It was not removed. Interesting... Processing. Processing. Download in progress. Luke I have downloaded the entirety of the shamtek mainframe. There are 900 tereaquads of information. Much of it is encoded and may take me some time... Interesting... Regarding the people in the pods... One is named Three Tsume from an alternate timeline. Put into the pod by Antipas himself. Azumi was recently put into the pod about 3.5 weeks ago by Daphne. The last pod contains a dragon. Put in the pod by Bill Brasky. The broken pod... Error. Error... I cannot tell you who was in that pod.”
Sammy and Ailbhe seem shaken up but no worse for where the pile of rubble that had knocked them down had luckily provided them with just enough protection. The rubble is moved aside by a gigantic blue ethereal cat claw. Sammy’s cat eyes are glowing blue and he growls checking in on Ailbhe, ” You ok Ailbasaurous?” His partner the dark skinned spike faced women nods picking up her gun. The doors that had shut over the way back up releases and Victoria’s harsh commanding voice calls for help! The two quickly follow Antipas up.

After the 77th get situated they come back to the kitchen. Victoria has placed the three bodies in a stasis field as well as cleaned up the kitchen and washed the dirty disgusting dishes. She looks at the group assembled and whispers Shhh. From her belt, some kind of communicator resembling an old earth police scanner beeps and then a scratchy voices comes through, ” We are on our final approach to Shamlin. I don’t like being this close to Dweomer but if the Red Ravager is there... I’ll never forget what he did then and a month ago.”

A calculating voice responds over the radio, ” Very well Sgt. Houser. I read the report on your unfortunate incident with such a dragon. Rain fire on them. We cannot have this great dragon deny our destiny. Captain Llyboc out.”

Out the houses window a large shadow seems to eclipse the fading sun’s light. The walls of the house shake slightly as something light the sound of an aircraft comes from outside. Durango is running from down the street a bit of a ways away yelling, ”They are Coming. They’re coming!” His dad is running the other way towards the center of the town. The fan girls of the 13th seemly vanish back into their homes screaming.

As the house shakes, Victoria barks and grabs Antipas arm, ” Get you people ready Antipas.” She slides the device she needs to be fixed across the table, ” I need you guys to fix this or destroy it if you can’t, I will be damned if the coalition gets their hands on it...” Her voice trails off as she coldly says, ” If you can’t fix it. You will need to kill us too. I have had the unpleasure of being in their ranks. I’ve seen their interrogation techniques. They cannot have our knowledge.”

Sammy and Ailbhe draw there weapons as Victoria glares at them. Sammy drawls, ” Meow these are the 77th. Its what they do. Victoria we’ll stick close.”

A loud rattatatta fills the air coming from outside flashes of light and a massive hail of railgun fire erupt near the grackle kid Durango as he his running towards the house you are in. Its only a matter of seconds before he is a splatter on the ground. From the hole that holly had torn in the roof you see two large smoke trails indicating missiles are moments from impacting into the homes nearby.
Notice-4
A small laser beam is “painting the house you are in. It is coming from a shadowy ally across the way.
Antipas
You can feel a biting warmth on your arm similar to how it felt when a tattoo was etched. But it is far more painful than normal. Nothing you could not handle, but a bit different. You can hear in your head Victoria’s direct cool voice, This is the moment Antipas... Its the reason I came along on this journey. You were chosen by Rhamnousia just like me. Powerful her gifts are, but the price is truly inescapable. She releases your arm, and you can see her visibly relax as if a weighty burden was removed.

Welcome to your Sig!

Players go. You guys have a couple of seconds to take a turn before cards are dealt out.

This is round 1 essentially a prepround: Chance to get ready or do something heroic.

Fixing Geist’s device: The problem is that it is set to send them to analternate time stream. But for some reason it is as if time was locked into one time stream, yours! Victoria is hoping you can alter the devices workings so it can slide to a different dimension called the way station.
Dramatic task: needing 5 successes, -4 to the skill check.
You have 3 rounds.
Skill type: some kind of tech skill
Participating in this takes your entire turn.

Action happens as you post.

Note: No one has died yet.
Attachments
29CE17B3-D564-4BF9-B744-D57249AF78BC.jpeg
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Downstairs Notice 8 _
[*] Notice [dice:2mbbl5o2]53459:0[/dice:2mbbl5o2]
[*] Wild [dice:2mbbl5o2]53459:1[/dice:2mbbl5o2]
Something weird was going on and Luke did not feel inclined to search out details, at the moment. Curiosity certainly got the better of him and avoiding Cass while she got out of the med surge table, Luke made a quick bee line for the stairs and others who were less familiar to him.

If @Cassiopeia ever said anything about the situation, he would just remind her that In'Valian women were scarce and far less appealing than the In'Valian males. And that interfacing with an In'Valian woman though possible had a greater chance of injury than anything pleasurable. Hopefully Cass would allow him just this once to look on a woman.

Luke was self conscious about the whole moment with Cass but put it out of his mind for later.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

User avatar
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Antipas »

Pender Lumkiss wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:52 pm
As the house shakes, Victoria barks, ” Get you people ready Antipas.” She slides the device she needs to be fixed across the table, ” I need you guys to fix this or destroy it if you can’t, I will be damned if the coalition gets their hands on it...” Her voice trails off as she coldly says, ” If you can’t fix it. You will need to kill us too. I have had the unpleasure of being in their ranks. I’ve seen their interrogation techniques. They cannot have our knowledge.”

Sammy and Ailbhe draw there weapons as Victoria glares at them. Sammy drawls, ” Meow these are the 77th. Its what they do. Victoria we’ll stick close.”

A loud rattatatta fills the air coming from outside flashes of light and a hail of railgun fire erupt near the grackle kid Durango as he his running towards the house you are in. Its only a matter of seconds before he is a splatter on the ground. From the hole that holly had torn in the roof you see two large smoke trails indicating missiles are moments from impacting into the homes nearby.
Notice 1 for laser guy, 5 general
Modifiers: -4 scene, +2 alertness, net -2
Notice [dice:3in52ab2]53440:0[/dice:3in52ab2]
Wild [dice:3in52ab2]1d6_2[/dice:3in52ab2] [dice:3in52ab2]53440:3[/dice:3in52ab2]
cast Armor 7
tattoo magic [dice:3in52ab2]53440:1[/dice:3in52ab2]
WIld [dice:3in52ab2]53440:2[/dice:3in52ab2]
Rail guns rip Durango to shreds and missiles begin to streak overhead, Antipas reflexively reaches back to activate his armor tattoo. As it charges up he feels the energy travel thru the tracery in every nerve it passes over. Time slows as the missiles pass them by and head for the innocents of the town. His rage at the willful murder of the innocent seems to flow with the mystic energy throughout his body. Time continues to slow with everything around him grinding to a halt, even his own body. With it the color fades from the world as well. Until...
Somewhere sideways
...everything is frozen and in black and white. Trying to wrench himself free... works! He stumbles forward, looking back to the team only to see "himself" also still standing there frozen in the middle of activating his protection. "What the name of.." Despite speaking in his normal tone the sound is a whisper and is cut off completely by something much more.. real.. for the lack of a better word, behind him.

"No blasphemies please godson. I would hate to have to rescind my blessing rescinded before I have even bestowed it." Antipas spins about to see his godmother, in a very real sense of the word, Nemesis.
nemesis_by_aegils_by_aegils-d8s0xbl.jpg
Knowing any questions asked of gods only lead to more of the same he keeps quiet and lets her looks him over. "Yes I do think it is time."She says after a seeming eternity of examination. The Goddess walks forwards and touches the flat of her blade to his forhead. "Go forth my Adrastian and reap the wicked." Snapping him back into his body and ...
Antipas stands frozen a second until Victoria walks up and puts her hand on his arm. He can feel a biting warmth on his arm similar to how it felt when a tattoo was etched. But it is far more painful than normal. Nothing he can not handle, but a bit different. He can hear in his head Victoria’s direct cool voice, This is the moment Antipas... Its the reason I came along on this journey. You were chosen by Rhamnousia just like me. Powerful her gifts are, but the price is truly inescapable. She releases his arm, and he can see her visibly relax as if a weighty burden was removed.
Last edited by Antipas on Sun May 12, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 12(6) Parry:8 Toughness:13 base, 14 in coat, Current 19 (5 MDC)
Wounds: Fatigue
PPE: 29/35
Constant Effects:Apocalypse Now: Antipas receives +1 benny per session and enemy agents in direct confrontation with him crit fail on 1 or 2, even extras!
Powers on:
Combat Edges:Level Headed (draw two init cards use the better), Combat Reflexes (+2 to remove shaken), Elan, Counter Attack
Bennies: 3/4
Adventure Cards:
Edit Signature
Characters Seswarick (main acc), Barinthasheer, Antipas

User avatar
Luke
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by Luke »

Upstairs Notice 17 _
[*] Notice [dice:26f98c0f]53442:2[/dice:26f98c0f]
[*] Wild [dice:26f98c0f]53442:3[/dice:26f98c0f]
[*] Aced! Wild [dice:26f98c0f]53442:0[/dice:26f98c0f]
[*] Super Aced! Wild [dice:26f98c0f]53442:1[/dice:26f98c0f]
@Smith "Purvey Pete needs to be dealth with."

@HollyTalayuki "Toss car hoods at the inbound missiles. Then begin provide distraction by directing your throwing ability towards the transport. Got to save Shamlin."

"Tsume, 'Pas, and Red. That sound you hear is a Death's Head Transport. Maybe Sammy, Aibelth, and Victoria can help you bring that thing down. Durango has given his life and already. No one in Shamlin needs to fall to the Coalition."

He turns from everyone else and focuses on @Cassiopeia. "We have a little bit of time. If we can get this working or not. Our final action will be to bring out Big Red from the cryo freeze."

Luke waves to Sammy, Alboieth, and Victoria, "Good luck."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”