Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

HollyTalayuki

Re: Part 2.1, The Town of Shamlin, a proper welcome

Post by HollyTalayuki »

*Mournfully she finally beats the raging waves of pain, fear, loneliness, and the feeling of enemies around dissipates as Antipas talks about moving on and his reassurance to power down and learn to make friends..."Antipas pushed people away?.... Im... doing that?...you still....want me despite...monsterous form...?"
As she shrinks her power weakens as the rage and fighting spirit drop and she goes to her Fenrir forms normal size she weakens further the wounds taking a heavier toll her breathing getting worse and to conserve her strength and connection she drops down further becoming the small wolf girl in front of Antipas her face and eyes glazed over dizzy as she stumbles falling flat at Antipas feet. From Cass's comment translated she blushed bright red watching the wink. Cass's warmth and smile never wavering provided huge impacts on her that warmed her heart in ways she didn't understand never getting close to anyone and she isn't used to such positive things due to her nature. She also warmly smiled seeing Aleny trusted to back down.. she didn't know why or if it was any feelings she had.. maybe she just trusted Antipas to handle her but the comfort and no enemies helped her return and she's happy she didn't hit Aleny.. sparrings fun but not to hurt...* Thanks Cass.. no one's ever said I'm pretty ever... *Her cheeks still red* I guess that's something good.. *She turns to Antipas* Did.. I fulfill my takeru Abtipas?.. I'm sorry Luke.. Antipas.. Cass.. everbody.. I tried but my body feels like a missile hit it.. *She says it softly slightly making a joke despite her pain* Please don't.. hate me... I know I'm.. too dangerous.. I tried to keep it together.. I tried to do my job.. Not get emotional.. *She takes a deep breath still on her knees due to the wounds and magic draining* I'll try to stay out of the way until HQ.. Another scolding and reassement if you don't....keep me. This is why I'm better used in Frontline scout missions.. I want a team but try as I might.. that powers hard to fully control.. as you said.. That path.. I've been on it awhile struggling.. at times I get huge wins.. other times it costs my allies...I hate it... People don't stay around long enough for freinds...but I wish.. Talayukian crave imprinting...even me.. Being on battles at least insures... I do something good.. battlefield is always risk.... What you say rings true and brought back my conciousness this time.... thanks for that.. It would be worse if I hurt someone... Sorry.. This has been embarrassing....and where in the frozen tundra is this?.... *Tears go down her cheek and she realizes her size was now smaller then Antipas..and maybe even Cass.. kinda weird being sky scraper...to 17 ft tall.. then to her short wolf girl height. Her body falls against Antipas due to her bodys wounds and the magic drain.* Didn't realize I was this hurt... My bigger forms good at shrugging off and ignoring all pain and wounds.. I'm still so sorry...tell everyone. *She sniffles a bit but then her ears twitch and she shakes her head slapping herself* Can't wallow in it.. Jobs not done.. I can hate myself later.. Fill me in.. And translate what I said if you would.. Already cried.. can't be more of a disgrace..they should know though. I'd love to stay.. but I realize the teams big.. no one should be forced to have a wild card risk like me unless they find... Me more useful the harmful.. and know my risks...I'm also not a formal member.. but I hope I wasn't all bad.. *She winces at the idea of leaving the 77th but she wasn't even formally added.. so why would they keep her..? She sighs*
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

HollyTalayuki wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:33 pm *Mournfully she finally beats the raging waves of pain, fear, loneliness, and the feeling of enemies around dissipates as Antipas talks about moving on and his reassurance to power down and learn to make friends..."Antipas pushed people away?.... Im... doing that?...you still....want me despite...monsterous form...?"
As she shrinks her power weakens as the rage and fighting spirit drop and she goes to her Fenrir forms normal size she weakens further the wounds taking a heavier toll her breathing getting worse and to conserve her strength and connection she drops down further becoming the small wolf girl in front of Antipas her face and eyes glazed over dizzy as she stumbles falling flat at Antipas feet.
When Holly "wolfs down" Antipas removes the earbud and speaker, switching the direction of translation, then hands them to the wolfling. This emotional support stuff was really not his forte so he hoped Cass being able to talk to the girl would help. Normally he'd leave this stuff to someone else while he scowled on the sidelines at the delay. But he had volunteered to lead and that meant dealing with his peoples problems. So the emotion-phobic Atlantean continues to channel the spirit of his wife. "That should make things easier for now. Just try to hand it back before you transform, if situationally possible. And yes I push people away. But I chose to try and lead, so I'm making an effort to not be myself. I'd rather be killing something than talking about feelings." He reaches down to help and decides to scoop her up instead.
HollyTalayuki wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:33 pm From Cass's comment translated she blushed bright red watching the wink. Cass's warmth and smile never wavering provided huge impacts on her that warmed her heart in ways she didn't understand never getting close to anyone and she isn't used to such positive things due to her nature. She also warmly smiled seeing Aleny trusted to back down.. she didn't know why or if it was any feelings she had.. maybe she just trusted Antipas to handle her but the comfort and no enemies helped her return and she's happy she didn't hit Aleny.. sparrings fun but not to hurt...* Thanks Cass.. no one's ever said I'm pretty ever... *Her cheeks still red* I guess that's something good.. *She turns to Antipas* Did.. I fulfill my takeru Abtipas?.. I'm sorry Luke.. Antipas.. Cass.. everbody.. I tried but my body feels like a missile hit it.. *She says it softly slightly making a joke despite her pain* Please don't.. hate me... I know I'm.. too dangerous.. I tried to keep it together.. I tried to do my job.. Not get emotional.. *She takes a deep breath still on her knees due to the wounds and magic draining* I'll try to stay out of the way until HQ.. Another scolding and reassement if you don't....keep me. This is why I'm better used in Frontline scout missions.. I want a team but try as I might.. that powers hard to fully control.. as you said.. That path.. I've been on it awhile struggling.. at times I get huge wins.. other times it costs my allies...I hate it... People don't stay around long enough for freinds...but I wish.. Talayukian crave imprinting...even me.. Being on battles at least insures... I do something good.. battlefield is always risk.... What you say rings true and brought back my conciousness this time.... thanks for that.. It would be worse if I hurt someone... Sorry.. This has been embarrassing....and where in the frozen tundra is this?.... *Tears go down her cheek and she realizes her size was now smaller then Antipas..and maybe even Cass.. kinda weird being sky scraper...to 17 ft tall.. then to her short wolf girl height. Her body falls against Antipas due to her bodys wounds and the magic drain.* Didn't realize I was this hurt... My bigger forms good at shrugging off and ignoring all pain and wounds.. I'm still so sorry...tell everyone. *She sniffles a bit but then her ears twitch and she shakes her head slapping herself* Can't wallow in it.. Jobs not done.. I can hate myself later.. Fill me in.. And translate what I said if you would.. Already cried.. can't be more of a disgrace..they should know though. I'd love to stay.. but I realize the teams big.. no one should be forced to have a wild card risk like me unless they find... Me more useful the harmful.. and know my risks...I'm also not a formal member.. but I hope I wasn't all bad.. *She winces at the idea of leaving the 77th but she wasn't even formally added.. so why would they keep her..? She sighs*
"Whatever happens after we reach Claude will be up to him, I will most likely take some leave to address a personal matter. However my recommendation will be to keep you with a team. If not the 77th than some other. Let me know when you've healed enough to walk."
Flicking on his radio Antipas address the duo on the hoverbike. Jones and Wittsen I don't know if you've been briefed so I'll keep this open as I fill a non Legion ally in on the mission and situation." Carrying the wolf girl in his arms Antipas begins the trek to the light.
"So a month or so ago, as the first few members of the new 77th were being reviewed, Castle refuge was attacked by Splugorth agents looking to learn about what the fuck ever Claude is doing. We mostly stopped the attack and were sent to stop the assassin who escaped and to find Claude. We were captured and placed in a memory simulator for about a month, woke up in Shamlin and found Cassiopeia in a cryostasis tank. Moments after that the Town was attacked by the CS and then a shadow Entity was released. Said entity killed the CS goons and moved us all into another dimension. So short term mission, kill Freddy, the Night Terror. Then we get back to our own dimension and get back on track finding Claude and killing that Sunaj bitch. Any questions?"
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 25
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 24/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges: Martial Artist, Tattoo Harmony, Sweep,
Bennies: 3/3
Characters Imperator (main acc), Malavish, Antipas, Drexler
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

Shutting off his radio he address' Cassiopeia. "As for how I got to earth. About 2 years ago after a political fiasco I was transferred to another prison, someone had tipped off the splugorth to this and they planned to snatch me up but Luke got wind and got to me first. Like the jackass I am, I gave him the slip and came here. Kicked around a bit, apparently fathered a kid with that CS officer I was just fighting, and joined an army of do gooders. How'd you end up a meat-sicle, mi-delfi?"
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

*Holly tinkers with the translater with her hands until properly getting it fastened her face a bit red from being carried. This is a first too isn't it?.. Can't say I hate it.. After getting it on she tests it by speaking slowly in growls and snarls letting it come out in American* This working okay?.. Odd to hear the adaptation.. kinda neat Also for the wolfing up won't be for a bit.. wounds and this place draining I think I'll use my other talents. I am still very capable though.. Promise. Translator will be handy until then.. Thank you Antipas. For everything. *She repeats the statements she made previously for Cass almost word for word albeit the crying excluded to let her respond and understand her feelings* I feel you deserve the info.. Sorry for being a bit broken. It's not like me Antipas.. Just odd to get attached to anyone for me.. But I'll adapt.. Talayukian innately form bonds in ways... that are different and I guess it's a new feeling for me since I try to avoid it happening... Not everything goes as planned though. *Shd laughs a tiny bit* I'll adapt like you. I'll try to get back into my feet as soon as I can.. my natural regeneration should heal quicker but even for me it's a bit bad.. I guess I'll have to power through when we get closer to the castle though..thanks for the rest.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Luke turns as 'Pas approaches carrying Holly.

" 'Pas set Holly down. She is in my care now."

Xander began running the customery scans.

With the feedback cut low on the replay, Luke is up to date on the past little bit.

@Antipas "You handled the situation well. Also, it explains a great deal of why we never had more than one or two females in any of our previous groups. Raging hormones, by the Three Galaxies and the Forge, is there anything worse?"

When 'Pas looks to Luke just standing there, Luke responds, "I am waiting on the fade to cycle through."
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

*Holly grips her arm that's sore the body still having burns and some cuts from the damage she sustained and albeit minimal for being hit by a missile still showing some tear on her body that's more noticable in this form. She moves her hand past her nose slightly shrugging it off as Luke comes over to look at her.* "It will be a pleasure to be in your care.. I'm very happy your okay and sorry I couldn't get the thing firing the missiles.. Although to tell you the truth, the hormones haven't started yet. This is just a mass murdering rage beast harbored and attempted to be controlled by someone like me who learns everything through trial and error and isn't fond of her mistakes or who gets hurt. No real owners manual and that side of me chases people off right quick usually. I apologise for being emotional and guarded though.. Talayukian bonding is also new to me and I'd rather not have it since it's so tentative in my life. I'm usually a rather energetic but level headed person with no emotional issues until the big fights cause this.. The real kicker is hormones could make it worse if I'm susceptible later. " *She grins softly masking her uncertainty and fear in humor* " I'd run."
Luke

Post by Luke »

HollyTalayuki wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:53 am *Holly grips her arm that's sore the body still having burns and some cuts from the damage she sustained and albeit minimal for being hit by a missile still showing some tear on her body that's more noticable in this form. She moves her hand past her nose slightly shrugging it off as Luke comes over to look at her.* "It will be a pleasure to be in your care.. I'm very happy your okay and sorry I couldn't get the thing firing the missiles.. Although to tell you the truth, the hormones haven't started yet. This is just a mass murdering rage beast harbored and attempted to be controlled by someone like me who learns everything through trial and error and isn't fond of her mistakes or who gets hurt. No real owners manual and that side of me chases people off right quick usually. I apologise for being emotional and guarded though.. Talayukian bonding is also new to me and I'd rather not have it since it's so tentative in my life. I'm usually a rather energetic but level headed person with no emotional issues until the big fights cause this.. The real kicker is hormones could make it worse if I'm susceptible later. " *She grins softly masking her uncertainty and fear in humor* " I'd run."
"Honestly. I am just glad you are here. Taking down the gunship or the armored CS weaklings, those would have been bonuses."

<Xander. Keep track of the fade cycle.>

Healing Holly, Healing 11 _
[*] Healing (1d6) [dice:ffz0r2r3]56897:4[/dice:ffz0r2r3]
[*] Aced! Healing (1d6+6) [dice:ffz0r2r3]56897:0[/dice:ffz0r2r3]
[*] Wild Healing (1d6) [dice:ffz0r2r3]56897:5[/dice:ffz0r2r3]
Medical Treatment for Holly, K/Medicine 15 _
[*] K/Medicine (1d6) [dice:ffz0r2r3]56897:1[/dice:ffz0r2r3]
[*] Aced! K/Medicine (1d6+6) [dice:ffz0r2r3]56897:3[/dice:ffz0r2r3]
[*] Super Aced! K/Medicine (1d6+12) [dice:ffz0r2r3]56897:6[/dice:ffz0r2r3]
[*] Wild K/Medicine (1d6) [dice:ffz0r2r3]56897:2[/dice:ffz0r2r3]
While Xander utilizes external sensors to monitor and document the fade, Luke utilizes the rest of suit to attend to Holly's medical needs.

"I think that I can safely add, Talukian to my list of species in the Three Galaxies that I can look after medically."
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

HollyTalayuki wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:13 pm *Thank you Antipas. For everything. *She repeats the statements she made previously for Cass almost word for word albeit the crying excluded to let her respond and understand her feelings* I feel you deserve the info.. Sorry for being a bit broken. It's not like me Antipas.. Just odd to get attached to anyone for me.. But I'll adapt.. Talayukian innately form bonds in ways... that are different and I guess it's a new feeling for me since I try to avoid it happening... Not everything goes as planned though. *Shd laughs a tiny bit* I'll adapt like you. I'll try to get back into my feet as soon as I can.. my natural regeneration should heal quicker but even for me it's a bit bad.. I guess I'll have to power through when we get closer to the castle though..thanks for the rest.
"I am the last person you need to apologize to for being damaged or a wild card. My only professional criticism thus far is your lack of control post battle. And you're welcome."
Luke wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:18 pm Luke turns as 'Pas approaches carrying Holly.

" 'Pas set Holly down. She is in my care now."

Xander began running the customery scans.

With the feedback cut low on the replay, Luke is up to date on the past little bit.

@Antipas "You handled the situation well. Also, it explains a great deal of why we never had more than one or two females in any of our previous groups. Raging hormones, by the Three Galaxies and the Forge, is there anything worse?"

When 'Pas looks to Luke just standing there, Luke responds, "I am waiting on the fade to cycle through."
Setting the wolf-girl down he nods in thanks to his friends compliment then laughs a quick sharp bark of humor. "Ha! Keri may not be alive to punish you for that but Cass sure will make you regret it. I'd more put this on youth and lack of training than gender my friend. If Holly is more than half a year old, I'll kiss a vampire."

Cursing the lack of PPE to empower his senses Antipas peers into the dark around them for a moment before he continues. "Looks like interdimensional prison was good to Freddy, he's gotta be a class 3 entity at least now. Maybe I can get one of those dim fucking Forge flunkies to lock me up there if it comes to that again. Any way we can use this place against him? Either way this should be fun." The unsettling smile on the undead slayers face shows he's not at all kidding. "When you've got Holly patched up think you can help me with my dead e-clips. Sunaj bitch left mine empty."
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Luke

Post by Luke »

@Antipas Luke nods in regards to 'Pas's inquiry.

"It seems that I should devise a means to store PPE or at least distill it from the ambient environment. Seems a number of you are depleted."

"Anyone else needing a recharge for their e-clips?"

"Sorry Xander does not carry heavy ordinance or explosives." Pausing momentarily, Luke thinks back to the version of Xander he saw in the dream tank, "Yet."
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
Luke
Edit Signature
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

"Is it that obvious that I'm so young Antipas? I thought I was kinda mature for my age considering the rough childhood requiring adult decisions and worry's." *She laughs softly* "That and my power is.. unorthodox. I haven't seen the rage beast thing in any other Talayukians so it's a tough controlling thing even training it's been tough. I'm a bit more feral I think. I do appreciate the crtisms and agree full heartedly though.. I've been working on that. I'm glad you and Cass" *Looks over to her smiling* What I mean to say is I'm very happy that the two of you were there to bring my heart back into my head before the tundra froze my heart and encased it in the snowy mountains of Fenrir. Thank you. The compliments were very sweet to Cass." *She smiles warmly as Luke heals the wounds she's sustained* "Wow.. that's quite a talent Luke. Not much your ill equipped to do huh? I have some tech stuff I'd like help with for sure later.. you always impress me so working with you would be so awesome!." *She runs her arm a bit flexing the strength in her hand* "Maybe I can use my strength for this... What's it called Antipas? A Freddy? Is that some kind of variety of beast? Anything I can do to give some payback for everyone? After Luke's work and a translator to talk I'm more ready then ever to do the fighting work... Assuming Doctor Luke gives me the okay and a clean bill of health a'course"
Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia »

HollyTalayuki wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:14 pm "Is it that obvious that I'm so young Antipas? I thought I was kinda mature for my age considering the rough childhood requiring adult decisions and worry's." *She laughs softly* "That and my power is.. unorthodox. I haven't seen the rage beast thing in any other Talayukians so it's a tough controlling thing even training it's been tough. I'm a bit more feral I think. I do appreciate the crtisms and agree full heartedly though.. I've been working on that. I'm glad you and Cass" *Looks over to her smiling* What I mean to say is I'm very happy that the two of you were there to bring my heart back into my head before the tundra froze my heart and encased it in the snowy mountains of Fenrir. Thank you. The compliments were very sweet to Cass." *She smiles warmly as Luke heals the wounds she's sustained* "Wow.. that's quite a talent Luke. Not much your ill equipped to do huh? I have some tech stuff I'd like help with for sure later.. you always impress me so working with you would be so awesome!." *She runs her arm a bit flexing the strength in her hand* "Maybe I can use my strength for this... What's it called Antipas? A Freddy? Is that some kind of variety of beast? Anything I can do to give some payback for everyone? After Luke's work and a translator to talk I'm more ready then ever to do the fighting work... Assuming Doctor Luke gives me the okay and a clean bill of health a'course"
Cass had walked over to stand next to Luke as he held Holly. Now she smiles and offers up her hands. "It's good you came down when you did. Any more talk about FEELINGS and Antipas may have broken out in hives. Come walk with me, little one. We can take turns holding each other up as we walk. You can tell me about this unorthodox upbringing, and I'll tell you embarrassing stories from our childhood."
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Intel Operative

Pace: 6"; Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (5)

Bennies 2/3
3 bennies refill at 4/1/22
PP 6/20 PPE 7/7 Rifle ammo 44/60 Ion Pistol ammo 36/36

Edit Signature
Alenysturathe

Post by Alenysturathe »

Shamlin
Afternoon
Round 0

“My rifle is empty, and I have two empty eclips to recharge for my laser cannon,” Alenys told Luke. “I don’t usually use the rifle since I have my bow, though, so if someone else needs it, they can use it.”
Mission
Find Captain Claude
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 1/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 2 eclips, 2 empty, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

*Holly lights up and helps moving by Cass her strength astounding even in her smaller form as she walks lifting a lot of Cass's weight she speaks softly to her a bit ashamed of some of her stories* If you really want to know anything I'm an open book.. I was born between a diplomat and for some reason a mother I never met... She's some amazing fighter in the pits..sometimes Talayukians breed outside relationships to pass down specific traits... I think I had a half sibling... But no idea.. Shortly after birth I went with Dad and his actual mate to a rogue lawless planet for a short visit... Rarely do Talayukians leave the home world due to bonding... And rarely more then a distanced greeting... I don't know why we went.. Maybe rescue trade? While on the planet I heard a commotion.. it's my first really vivid memory.. my Dad and his mate I'm not sure what happened but two guys entered our room using the key.. I assume they took it from them.. They came to capture me.. I learned later young Talayukians often were sought after as weapons.. bonding to people despite our true intentions... It often makes us overly loyal. It's why I'm careful who I like... But hard for me just not to.. Cryoka our home world used this fact during the Iced Age to trade Talayukian babies for tech and supplies to establish connections.. that's outlawed now I heard.. but Most of my informations second hand.. I don't even remember it.. it's a frozen planet where most tech gets scrapped due to the huge electrical ice storms that cause huge issues for off world travel.. I'm glad it's partially solved with the hub now I guess. *She shrugs* After they tried to capture me my survival kicked in and after less then a week I got my first two kills...Before really knowing what that meant. Beast you saw was released that day. I was mostly alone after that. Never found my Dad. I just learned to live on a vigilante planet using my strength and my natural techno talent using junk to salvage into tools. A lot happened after that while I was stuck there. Only person who I got even close to was a drunk who helped keep my true nature.. develop my ackward sense of self. I had to be protected there and see all the shades of grey in survival... I've made questionable actions to find a way to use myself to help.. I wanted nothing more then make a difference just to find that most of my kind off world are just puppets from an archaic time making us a rare sight.. and more rare to have any free agency.. I struggle to only bond with only those who share my true ideals that I forced to shine out.. To be who I want but still explore.. I joined this so I could fight and be a bridge so that other Talayukians may see my example and the good I caused.. represent something else. But... In the end I lose myself as a feral combatant.. a power I can't even find record of besides old legends.. and even then those are worse then mine.. so I sometimes get scared.. I could be harboring worse.. *She laughs softly whispering this to Cass as they walk* I am what I am.. I will do my best and stay true to me.. People like you.. *She blushes smiling* Will hopefully insure that.. I won't give in to my more.. feral instincts.. So I'm nothing like the True Talayukians of today.. no training or refinement..Just some amateur feral rogue do gooder who actually developed a heart for others besides my own home world. Story's longer with all the things I did to survive.. and how I got off the planet.. the old man died helping me.. I think he did it on purpose to avoid me fully bonding with him due to his own darkness.. he reminded me of Antipas in some ways he talks.. Any detailed questions your welcome to.. I try to learn from my past but my worst times are where I've hurt others.. I just hope I swing the pendulum more towards helping the universe then hurting it since I endeavor to do that with all my being..
Cassiopeia

Post by Cassiopeia »

Cass took advantage of the smaller woman’s strong shoulder, wrapping her left arm around Holly’s neck and setting a steady lock-stepped pace toward the glowing white tower. She listened intently to Holly’s wispered story, their heads tilted together as they walked. She liked the way the growling rumbles of Holly’s native language sounded under the slightly mechanical voice of the translator speaker.

“You’re very brave to set out on your own to try and make a difference in the world. It is hard for most of us to struggle and work alone. I can only imagine how much harder it is for those who are biologically compelled to create strong relationships with the people around them.” She gave Holly’s shoulder a squeeze with her left hand and continued to whisper in the girl’s slightly furry ear.

“I wouldn’t fuss yourself too much about the danger you might cause to others. Everyone is dangerous in some way. I don’t know specifically about the others, but I’ve traveled to many worlds in my long years and I know that no place or relationship is 100% safe. It sounds like Pas even has powerful enemies seeking to destroy him and anyone who gives him aid. If a splugorth agent hurt anyone in this group to get to him, Antipas would hold himself personally responsible, even though it wasn’t his knife that made the wound. We know the risks of traveling with you. I have only just met you and I already know the strength in your abilities outweighs that risk.”

Cass straightened, arching her back until it popped and then leaned again on Holly. “I wish I understood what goal you all were working towards when you found me. So far everything I’ve done has been reactionary or in blind faith to Antipas and Luke’s directions. And now this. I can’t help but feel responsible for releasing, and then evidently enchanting that night terror. Like your rage monster and Pas’s enemies, I feel I’ve placed us all in imminent danger and I’m hopeless to prevent it.” She sighed deeply.

“Let’s not dwell on it. I just told you to not beat yourself up. I shouldn’t either. Let’s talk of frivolous things. What’s the best thing you’ve ever eaten or the most beautiful landscape you’ve ever seen?” The older woman tries to smile cheerfully and begins to tell about a sunset over the sea of Shinormeer that she saw when she had the opportunity to sail on a water ship with men who may or may not have been actual pirates.
Cass__
Cassiopeia Stormforge, True Atlantean Intel Operative

Pace: 6"; Parry: 5; Toughness: 14 (5)

Bennies 2/3
3 bennies refill at 4/1/22
PP 6/20 PPE 7/7 Rifle ammo 44/60 Ion Pistol ammo 36/36

Edit Signature
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

*She smiles at Cass's touch and words feeling them warm her heart* Personally.. I'm in a similar situation as you.. I joined the 77th at Bill Braskys request prior to us coming to Shamlin but I know about as much. I just have faith in Luke and Antipas despite not knowing them long... Their character shines quite brightly... I've learned to trust that but also it often means it's easier to bond with them... That is a difficult thing to overcome... But if everyone in the 77th has danger following them like that I suppose It may not matter if I'm accepted.. *She smiles* Maybe I can kill off some of Antipas enemies to lighten the load so it's okay if I get some help. *She chuckles* I just don't want blood on my claws of people I care about.. As for this Night Terror thing... Can't blame yourself.. and I'm here to lighten your load just like you lightened my heart and emotions.. it's a trade among friends... Your the first to compliment me in many ways and your words are so sincere.. Even if I was to fight my nature.. it would mean I'd have to leave to a avoid it and that would hurt too.. maybe me being here might have saved someone.. choice is hard but.. you mean a lot to me already so this night terror thing is now my responsibility too. I shoulder it as well. As far as beautiful... I have a distant memory of my home world where the orange sky that's often there was sparkled with the pink electrical storms that swell over the snowy white tundra.. the frosty snow falling and swirling amongst the lightning.. and hearing the sounds of.peace.amongst the display is like a fire work show with snow flakes and lightning. It's my only memory of my home world. I have other places I've loved.. but that one is one that reminds me of the ancient legends and the strength.. sometimes I imagine that storm is my strength and I wish to exist among it like the peace that exists at the eye of the storm... It's a weird thought but.. if something like that can exist and people can live alongside it.. it gives me hope for myself. What about you? What inspires you? I really hope.. I can do something to protect you in this upcoming problem."

Return to “Adventure Forum”