On the way to medbay 7 (RP area)

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

On the way to medbay 7 (RP area)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Seems like a few folks are helping the inconscious but alive Captain Pender Lumpkiss to the infirmary. RP here for any conversations you wish to have.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Re: On the way to medbay 7 (RP area)

Post by Antipas »

Before wheeling the unconscious commander to medbay Antipas actives the Eyes of Thoth once again. He steps out into the hall and carefully looks for any invisible intruders. He decides to check in with Luke before heading out as well so he quietly whistles a couple of notes that activate his com earbud on the frequency he's accustomed to using with Luke. "Luke we have spluroth minions on site. Comms room is cleared, I'm enroute to you."

He receives a reply from Lukes AI, Xander. "Luke is occupied with analysis currently Antipas. We are aware of splugorth involvement, having just eliminated four gunbrothers. Is this an emergency?"

"Nope, let him work. Antipas out." Again a quick, quiet couple of notes whistled, and he pulls the chair bearing Lumkiss into the hall.

"See, this jackass kid? He asks Remmy as they walk down the hall. "Got too comfortable in his assumptions and got his throat cut in his own stronghold. I'd hope for better from an Atlantean but, well, he is Clan Archerean." The undead slayer rolls his eyes when naming Penders clan then looks Remmington in the eyes. "I'd rather not this be you or one of the girls." After a brief pause he remembers something about positive reinforcement being good and finishes up somewhat awkwardly with, "You've not sucked under pressure so far tho, so keep that up."
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 25
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 24/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges: Martial Artist, Tattoo Harmony, Sweep,
Bennies: 3/3
Characters Imperator (main acc), Malavish, Antipas, Drexler
Luke

Post by Luke »

A lull in the analysis, permits Luke an opportunity to follow up with Antipas. A momentary crackle and the comm channel connects and comes to life. "'Pas, glad to hear you live. There was a kill squad sent for the dwarf. If Bison had lived, then he would have likely been on their hit list."

"I have not met Pender but Bison has the markings of ...," noticeable pause, "... Clan Archerean. Is this a specific house hit?"
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

Holding up a finger on one hand to Remmy and pointing at his ear with the other hand when Luke unexpectedly returns his call. " Likewise. Hmm,the dwarf huh. This could be about clan since Pender's also an Achy, or just because Atlanteans and splugorth are enemies, but that dwarf is an ex engineer for the 77th. He mentioned some project that he, Bison, and Lumkiss were involved with. My money is that's what brought this. Good news is the attack came from the local "Lord" not back home. Also we were able to save the commander but he's knocked out."
Last edited by Antipas on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Luke

Post by Luke »

"The "locals". They have been traveling far, unless local territory covers south near the Rio Grande River."

There is a pause for a bit, then Luke comes back on reluctantly. "Like Xander said four gunbrothers on our end. Plot thickens. Found one with a bio grafted tattoo."

"The lab boys here in the castle should have their hands full with analysis on the gunbrothers from the vault. Bring your bioborg corpses down here as well."

"Dropping Bison's body off at the morgue, unless you Atlanteans have new burial rituals that I am not familiar with."
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

"It would be quite a trip for em if they came by air, I think they came by rift. There's an unguarded nexus to the north. Azumi is looking into a stolen hoverbike, if she can get telemetry on it we'll see where it went. No corpses up here, just a Kitani octodrone kitted with hacking and heavy demo modules. We shorted it out before it could pop, but I'm not about to tinker with it. You and Remington will have to fish out it's memory core, we'll bring it to motor pool. Morgue should be fine." He pauses for a moment a look of deep concern on his face. "Grafted tattoos, huh? Well fuck. Ok, I'm gonna grab that drone and finish my pep talk with the kid." Looking over at Remmy and pushing the chair over to him. "I'll be right back, don't let him die."

Antipas jogs back to the PA room and with Nemesi he cuts off the drones tentacles. Lifting the body on to another office chair he uses some wire from a tentacle to secure the core, wheeling it back to join the techno wizard. "Heh, just realized this may be useful."
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Luke

Post by Luke »

The response from Luke's end is a mix of a sigh of relief and something inaudible or untranslateable either way he comes back on, "The drone. Were all the explosives in the drone? The arms are what I am concerned about."

"These gunbrothers were far more enhanced than previous encounters. Stands to reason that the kit-bashed drone is packing supplemental alterations in the arms. Just be careful."

"Now entering the morgue. Breaking comms for 5 minutes."
Luke _
Luke
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
Luke
Edit Signature
Ames Jean-louis

Post by Ames Jean-louis »

"Yeah, well thanks. I am pretty partial to staying alive myself and likewise for you and the rest as well. Despite what Aleyns said. I mean...uh...where did THAT come from."

Remington chuckled nervously making light of the dragon's statements. In reality, he didn't want to be there. Blood, way too much blood. That;s the problem with living things. Too much guts and goo. Nothing clean like power relays and circuits.

Luke's arrival dispelled some of the awkwardness and the D'Norr was grateful for it.

"I don't know what 'gun-brothers' are, but I can confirm that I've seen that kind of tech...bio-whatever before. I dunno if the black market contracts it out or if they are somehow involved. Bio-wizardry-tech or whatever this is, is not my specialty but I can probably figure something out from those tentacles."

"Yeah, 'Pas, the drone is probably a good idea...Wait...What...?"

But the Atlantean was already going to get the drone. Remington looked at the unconscious Pender

Don't let him die?! How the hell am I supposed to do that?

"Hey..uhhh...Captain...Don't ..ummm..die, ok?
viewtopic.php?t=7384
Bennies: 2/3
Pace: 6; Parry: 4; Toughness: 9 (2)
Wounds 0/3
ISP: 9/10
Fatigue 0/2
Dominion: 8
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

Returning to Remington with the drone body they resume their trek to medbay. "Don't lose atmo over what Red said. She may look like a young adult in human form but she is literally a toddler as far as life cycle goes, probably not even half a year old. So she didn't know any better."

Rounding the corner to the area in front of conference room 1a the pair are greeted with the remains of the battle. Sparks still arc from the exploded fixtures and stench of seared flesh fills the hall. Stooping to pick up the files on himself and the other three, he slips them into a pocket in his coat. "I'll give these to Azumi when we catch up with her." Guessing everyone else moved on, they do as well, delivering the commander to medbay.
Antipas
Constant Effects:
Powers on:

Return to “Adventure Archive”