Q1 2019 Interlude: How I came to join the TL

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Q1 2019 Interlude: How I came to join the TL

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

OOC Comments
Super Weird I cannot delete this... So sorry.
OOC Comments
Probably nothing to see here.
OOC Comments
Wow! Spoilers!!
Click me if you rifted out

The sunji masked assassin looks at a file folder. The folder has the words Operation Call Home neatly typed on it right beneath the the castle crest denoting the Tomorrow Legion. She is a room surrounded by shadows and beams of piercing light stretching down from the high rafters. A withered hand stretches out from the shadows touching the sunji assassin on the armored shoulder.

The voice belonging the the hand is low, almost a whisper, ” Did you find Him? Did you find Claude?”

The assassin flips through the file, her voice is cool and words thoughtful, ”Not everything is in here. The captain was careful. He never put anything of note on the computer. I have his location, but...”

The other voice finishes her words, ” The nature of the communication tower is already known to you. The splugorth gave you a detailed explanation.”

The woman sunji snorts, ” Splugorth? They are vile, but provided a distraction.” She flips a light switch that floods the area with bright lights. It revealed a large wooden barn with tables, luminescent wires, and gleaming metal tubes going into the brain of each member of the 77th unconscious bodies. It is a massive barn, like one would store grain, and food stores for the winter. The groups gear is arranged neatly in a nearby wall, like how one would catalog evidence. Two bioborg gunbrothers lie dead thrown to the side. The spindle like withered arm touching the sunji assassin belongs to a large 20 foot slug like creature with a huge head. Four metallic legs with technowizard crystals support its massive body.

The sunji assassin turns to leave the giant barn, ” And them? Him?” She points to the 77th and especially Antipas.

The creature whispers back, ” We were able to rid them of the affliction that the rifter transferred into them. Leylines and bio wizard tech have the most interesting outcomes it appears. We will keep them unconscious, learn everything... Then dispose of them. Learning about the Tomorrow Legion will be instrumental in our next move. We will of course leave the Atlantean to you when you return. With the exception of the family of Atlanteans you discovered the town has not found us. We are quite safe and slowly replacing them. ”

The armored assasin nods rubbing her hands gently over Smith’s bare chest, ” Do me a favor don’t kill him either... Something about him is familiar.” The gigantic slug like creature wiggles slightly as it shrugs more concerned with the monitors and devices attached to each of the heroes than her additional demands.

A monitor nearby beeps, displaying Al, Tsume, and Holly in a 3-D display. The creature uses its arms to manipulate the display. Next to the machine creating the image is a black box with several blinking lights on it. All the wires and tubes coming from the heroes' heads plug directly into it. Nearby is a large 2x2 bottle that has Antipas’ Thunder Duck trapped in it.

The Sunji assassin nods briefly, ”Did your “people” find the one you revived? The one who escaped?”

The assassin shook her armored head, ”How unfortunate. Black Dow does not forget a grudge.” She pauses momentarily laughing to herself, ”I’ll leave you to it Doctor. I hope you find your answers.” Then she heads to the small wooden side door exit.

” I dispatched the Immolator after him, we will recover him shortly.” The giant slug like creature whistles hauntingly as he manipulates the display of the three 77th members. The leg bone is connected to the ankle bone, the ankle bone is connected to the foot bone...
He whispers, ” I love a challenge... Plus I think I should contact Andre about this one. He might find it interesting Three has returned.” He noncomittily gestures to Tsume.
Wow you made it all the way down here. +1 HJ roll on any table and add the curious hindrance to your sheet... Already curious... Now you must be Impulsive! (Major) The daredevil almost always leaps before he looks. He rarely thinks things through before taking action.

-Pick table then roll.

Hindrences too much to bear? Take a +1 benny instead of the HJ roll and no extra hindrence.

Time for an interlude, and some how the characters can see and hear each of the scenes as if they were a “fly on the wall”
Memory Remembered and Shared...

Today is the day! An interview with the Tomorrow Legion’s recruiter and then you’ll be part of something bigger than yourself striving for a better tomorrow for everyone. Everyone you’ve talked to: the castle techs, other SETs, even Captain Claude himself told you the interview was merely a formality. The tomorrow legion just wanted to know why you were joining, and what you were doing prior to joining.

Briefing room 2A was were it was taking place. A small room with a table, one overhead light swaying softly, and two chairs. Both chairs were identical, brushed grey metal with ivory cushioned seats. One wall of the briefing room was an entire mirror. The mirror had a gold frame all around it. Scuttlebut was that a mind melter was on the other side reading your reaction, and gauging the truthfulness of your words. After a few moments your interviewer comes in with an electronic data pad and in some manner engages you with a couple questions. One, Why did you join the Tomorrow Legion, and two, what were you doing prior to joining.

The legion has four interviewers (Roll 1d4 or pic to see which one came in to interview you. Make up the scene):

Lail, As smart as they come and a bit on the controlling side. She leaves nothing to chance. She used to run a SET but proved to be too hard nose and demanded unquestioning obedience. Some folks at the castle have taken to calling her the Overmaster. Interestingly she also seems to enjoy whistling.
Pic of Lial
Lial
Lial
Frank, his unassuming demeanor is little more than a carefully constructed front. Some folks say he used to be an agent of Tolkeen during the war embedded deep within the CS hierarchy. Cunning beyond belief and folks at the castle say he already knows all the answers to his questions just by the way you are sitting.
Pic of Frank
Frank
Frank
Hank, a big guy to be sure. Probably three feet taller than a normal human, and with muscles to boot. He seems worn out and beaten down. Clearly the life of a legionnaire is not for him yet something keeps him around. Word is that he once was promoted to captain with disastrous consequences.
Pic of Hank
Hank
Hank
DDEFE19D-0B02-4B33-9E94-2954A7291B94.jpeg (47.4 KiB) Viewed 8793 times
Slater, the other female recruiter. She lives for the verbal exchange in these settings. Each question is an assult, each response a fient. She goes all in for a chatty repartee. Folks around the castle call her man eater, as at the end of her line of questioning it feels like going through a war.
Pic of Slater
Slater
Slater

All you got to do is answer a couple questions and then your in!
What happened? A Distant/Repressed Memory
Rita screamed, Parson’s roared. The rift nearly collapsed! With effort from unknown sources Rita maintained the Rift knowing the heroes had to go. ” You have to stop her!” Sadly those where her last words, as the biowizard goop that had found its way inside her ultimately, despite the heroes best and noble efforts, erupted from her mouth and eyes! Silver metalic goop sprayed everywhere like a fire hose! Parson’s got hit in the face, the survey team thankfully were far enough away to avoid it. As the metallic sludge hit the rift and leyline it crackled and popped like a gigantic leyline bug zapper interacting in what could only be called unfortunate ways with the built up energy summoned by the rifter. The sludge even went everywhere on the group entering the rift!

From behind Rita and Parsons the mighty man named Bill Brasky frowned. What was it that Luke had said? Thunder? Lightning... How did he know? Lightning struck the ground where he was transforming him into a being who commanded thunder and lightning as one would breathe. He raised a heavy hammer in one hand bringing forth a storm of titanic proportions.

As lightening struck out blanketing the area, the last thing the heroes see is Parson’s take off his shades looking at Rita’s unloving body. He eyes filled with a strange sadness and are unmistakably metallic grey. Half his face has a metallic sheen. ” You’ll pay for this!”

The rift goes wild without the rifter to control it. The metallic goo worms its way into everyone and everything. Then darkness a dear old friend collects the heroes.

Player Directions: This is like a dream sequence of you remembering the interview. So we are going to do an interlude here. Roll a d4 and you get the following interviewer(feel free to pic if you must):
1) Lail
2) Hank
3) Frank
4) Slater

Include a notice check at -4 ( Danger sense and sixth sense can be instead rolled per there own rules ). Success on this, you notice that something from that interview is amiss. Like a tiny detail or some such just out of place from how it actually happened!

Tell us a story about why you wanted to join up with the tomorrow legion and also what you were doing prior to that. This is taking form of a memory during your last interview prior to being a full fledged member of the TL.

We are all connected: Unless the player specifically notes it on some level everyone is aware of the memories being shared.

At the end of the interlude: +1 Benny, +1 XP, and you all gain common bond with each other (allows you to share bennies).

Whoa whoa GM I did not go through the rift! Well, Bill Brasky A.K.A. The God of Thunder tosses you through.

Ok whoa Mr. GM, I am not sure I signed up for a Naked and Afraid Scene. 1st you are not naked unless a dragon or Talayukian. 2nd your gear is right nearby. 3rd, your in the 77th CIT afraid is not in your vocab.

Woa woa... I missed something what do you mean by naked and afraid? Ask yourself just how curious and or impulsive you are...

Ok Mr. GM things have really gotten off the rails. I am sure my character has never stepped into the castle until all hell broke loose with the Sunji assasin. Are you sure? Don’t you have a multiple personality thing? Could be a memory you don’t even realize you have.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Luke

Re: Q1 2019 Interlude: How I came to join the TL

Post by Luke »

Last one is the first one on the doctor's table.
Luke was on Azumi's heals just as Azumi reached the rift and the God of Thunder began purging the valley. Glad I made the right call.

As he passed through the collapsing rift and the biogoop hit Xander and his exoskeleton, Luke nodded, consigned to his fate that the human girl was indeed dead and he was not going to be able to avoid being zombified.

Interview What !?! _
[dice:lix2dc4f]49496:0[/dice:lix2dc4f]
Slater, the other female recruiter. She lives for the verbal exchange in these settings. Each question is an assult, each response a fient. She goes all in for a chatty repartee. Folks around the castle call her man eater, as at the end of her line of questioning it feels like going through a war.
  • Notice [dice:lix2dc4f]49496:1[/dice:lix2dc4f]
  • Wild [dice:lix2dc4f]49496:2[/dice:lix2dc4f]
Claude and Luke, they had a pretty good relationship. When Antipas appeared on the Tomorrow Legion's doorstep, Claude had called Luke in to keep Antipas safe.

The conversation with Claude had been nearly three hours long as Luke had received the low down on the current members on the 77th and even some details on the previous ones. Claude mentioned the formality of sitting with a recruiter to get hired on and Luke reminded Claude that he had volunteered and pay was not necessary.

Nevertheless, Claude had walked him down to the recruiters.

"Everything will be fine. Just a formality." And Claude had left him in front of Slater's door.

The human female, Luke had been told that much, was not in the room, so Luke paced. The room had a table with chairs on either end. The room was stuffy and almost humid. How uncomfortable. No air conditioning. Not even a ceiling fan. How primitive are these humans.

As the thoughts of cool air and less moisture crossed his mind, the door opened. The same door he had entered now had a human female, dressed in what Luke guessed was Tomorrow Legion uniforms. To tell the truth, he had never really cared much for uniforms, so he did not pay attention.

Slater entered the room and a cooling breeze seemed to follow her. Her hair blew in the breeze and her eyes gleamed behind her spectacles. For a human, she had some pizzaz, but was not much of a looker on the In'Valian scale.

Slater took a seat and motioned for Luke to do the same. Luke obliged or at least tried to or at least he thought he did. He placed his hand on the chair and his mind processed the material composition and the structural integrity. He began pulling the chair from the table when he realized that HIS hand, was neither gnarled nor withered.

Luke then did a full surveillance of himself, while Slater continued to encourage him to be seated. His eyes ran up his arms. They surveyed his chest, waist, and legs, and then Luke realized he was standing fully erect. All eight feet of himself were as tall and as perfect as the day the "Eye" had visited In'Valia.

Luke said nothing to Slater but turned and walked out the door and awoke from a poor attempt to confuse and sedate him.

"Damn your programming skills suck. And your tech is so last century. Doctor, you need a Great Salt Lake Enima."

Your Eternal Rewards! _
Precursor Rolling _
HJ Roll [dice:lix2dc4f]49496:3[/dice:lix2dc4f]
Table
  • Underworld & Black Ops [Duplicate]
  • Training
  • Ranged Weapons [Duplicate]
  • Experience & Wisdom [1/2 Duplicate - Already have BM Connections]
  • Education [Duplicate]
  • Close Combat Weapons [Could Upgrade his Vibro-Knife to a Vibro-Sword]
  • Body Armor [Duplicate]
HJ Underworld & Black Ops Table
[dice:lix2dc4f]49496:4[/dice:lix2dc4f]
Last edited by Luke on Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Luke _
Luke
Pace: d4 [d8]; Parry: 5 Toughness: 6 (0) [18 (3)]
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
  • Elan & Brave
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP/PPE: N/A
Bennies: 4 / 4
Adventure Cards:
  • [2] Peace:
    Your hero is able to improve the attitude of a group in an encounter, perhaps by recognizing someone in the crowd, showing respect, or offering a bribe. It doesn’t work on true enemies—only “neutrals” who happen to cross paths with your party.
  • [25] Hidden Stash:
    Your hero scrounges up a generic type of item of your choosing, such as food and water, shelter, a box of ammo, enough money for a room, etc.
Luke
Edit Signature
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

OOC Comments
Notice: Anything fishy? [dice:10sffdey]49497:1[/dice:10sffdey] Wild [dice:10sffdey]49497:2[/dice:10sffdey]Roll Holly's Interviewer: [dice:10sffdey]49497:0[/dice:10sffdey]
Note: All Holly's thoughts are being heard in vision as well.

*Holly walks into he room kicking her foot across the ground currently in her restraint wolf girl form. She twitches her ears looking about the room. A level of discomfort crossed her mind and face.* Why do I have to do this? It's not like many even know my language for the interviewer.. Not to mention a Talayukian recruit is unfathomable with the blocks after the reaching..I know they wouldn't deny me when I approached them.. *She crosses her arms in thought* They want to use me as much as I want to use them to make a difference..*Sighs arms still crossed* This lady interviewer isn't even on time.. such a waste of good combat time.. *Her thoughts continue rambling* I know it's only been a few short months of life.. but with all that's happened it feels like a lifetime... To be here is more reckless then most Talayukian now.. Were strong.. but not usually so fool hearty.. I know my kind does not have my combat breeding.. nor my off world survival experiences.. so they can't understand.. Not fully.. I am closer to my ancestors.. *She grins nodding from the thought as her ear twitches and she sees the door swing open with a commanding kick and unstartled Holly grins thinking "About time" with a confident face.

So let's get this over with. Formality right? If you can even understand me.. I'm big useful and willing to fight. Perfect Talayukian super rare but as far as I'm concerned.. I'm just here cause I want to be.. Holly is Holly.. Nothing defines me but myself.. Proud but that's not all I am but that's why I'm an easy canidate right? Good talk *She says kinda smugly a bit of arrogance only since it was a formality and she thought actions speak volumes.. talk is cheap and she was annoyed at the bueracracy*

You mutt.. *She snaps a whip from her right hand throwing a juicy bloody steak to the ground to catch Holly's nose* Formality or not your in my charge and you will act in accordance with my terms of respect. *She scowls at Holly* Your barley a pup.. What experiences could possibly have a Talayukian especially such a young one here? What were you doing before and where the heck is your mind at to be here? I know your kind.. Your language... You think we bring in people blind without research and testing? Sure..you make a good soldier if your not bound to someone else.. and your more loyal to your team then any mission.. but that's fine. You started off as the bitch now I'd suggest answering and turning this around..

*Holly stands for a minute looking at her and laughs* I could tear you up.. why would you enter like that? What's with the whip and meat? Do you really think that food and a commanding demeanor works on me like a beast? *Her stomach slightly betraying her as it Growls and she salivates*

You could but you won't. As I said.. we do our research and just your demeanor.. you fight for your friends.. pride.. and just to help others. Your not going to release the beast all over me for some antagonizing and harsh words..Nor give up your chance here. So guess what sweetie? Your stuck with me until IM SATISFIED that your no threat or Bond elsewhere.. and no other foods coming.. as long as it takes Holly. *She whistles a tune smiling a bit*

*Holly breaks down lunging at the meat still in the wolf girl form and ravenously devours it thinking* Gotta deal with her I guess.. may as well eat.. foods good... *Sighs softly* plus I guess I was a little rude from being irritable.. I hate being in this form too long.. *Upon hearing the whistle her demeanor changes to a softer and slightly sad one* Look Lial was it? That's who they said I'd meet... I appologize but waiting and confinement don't sit well with me.. *She finishes the food sitting up* My name is Holly.. I am Talayukian.. but I was abandoned off world on a vigilante planet.. I picked up survivor skills and used my more beastial nature to gather tools to get off that rock.. *She sighs* As far as Imprinting.. That takes time.. I've lived 2 months and have had limited interaction with people.. plus I'm not so great at it.. takes someone special for that..Few people have had impacts on my life that were really good on that outlaw rock..Those that did.. They died.. Like I believe my parents did. It's a sad story but the way I see it is I'm glad.. I get to be me.. a released Talayukian who finds her own pack.. follows her dreams of helping and making a difference so everyone around her dosent die in vain.. I'm at the Tomorrow Legion because a short life here making a difference is better then living eons without ever accomplishing anything... And as dangerous as this work is I'm blessed to be Talayukian.. my body and resolve will follow me.. I won't die early.. I'll make a legacy here as a Talayukian representative to show we.. no.. that I care and we're not to be trifled with or taken lightly.. too many of us have been used for bad things or demeaning things.. I'm here to show we can do good and great things on our own merit.. To like the life I lived with no regrets.. This is my path.. No one is in any danger with me.. I'll protect my team and our lives while doing what's needed... *She smiles* Detailed enough?

*Lial laughs* Okay fair enough. You have moxie.. your determined.. and devoted. As long as your obedient you pass my test.. now you.. Holly.. come and sit before me.. I know you don't like leaders.. but you said you would follow orders of tacticians on the field of battle.. show me.. you won't like all your commanders so submit and show proof of that humility!

*Holly sighs* I guess I deserve that for my initial outburst. You speak flawless Talayukian too..Fine. But this better not go out of this room *She kneels down showing her ears to let Lial pet her and gives a playful park and nudge* Satisfied? I'd like a room I can shift out of this and eat please may I be relieved to do so? *Sighs a little* This is demeaning but your whistling reminded.me of the first guy who helped set me on this path.. if it pleases you and let's me continue my journey... I wont falter a d you shall not regret your decision Lial..

I'm sure I won't.. your a pleasure Holly. I shall state I find no bonding that's detrimental has taken place.. your clean motives and thoughts are flawless.. your dismissed young lady.
Last edited by HollyTalayuki on Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Antipas
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Antipas »

HJ roll
Experience and Wisdom [dice:17qcqcqv]49499:3[/dice:17qcqcqv] Background edge, Alertness
[dice:17qcqcqv]49499:0[/dice:17qcqcqv] Interviewer is Frank
Notice 6
Notice [dice:17qcqcqv]49499:1[/dice:17qcqcqv] +2=1
Wild [dice:17qcqcqv]49499:2[/dice:17qcqcqv] +2=2 EE [dice:17qcqcqv]49499:4[/dice:17qcqcqv]

Antipas studies the room as he enters, his gaze coming to his interviewer last. Frank sits at the table somehow looking both relaxed and alert, a folder closed in front of him. "You're a piece of work aren't you. Take a seat." When he does so the interviewer continues. "Tell me about how you got in the..uh.. situation Bill found you in." Frank leans back to study the undead slayer as he answers.

Antipas' eye flick over the folder then roll in exasperation. "I was heading south to hunt vampires when I encountered CS patrol. They were, unfriendly. It went poorly for the dumb fucks and Bill's team rolled up as I was finishing the last skelebots. He was displeased as they were tailing the group but impressed and he suggested I join the Legion." Having already told this story several times his annoyance is obvious.

Frank looks amused but unsurprised by the Atlanteans attitude. "That was vague. As were your previous reports. Fortunately Brasky is more descriptive." Flipping open the folder he begins reading from it. "A half dozen grunts and four skelebots spread out along the trail and another similar group camped in the ravine. Most killed by knife, several by friendly fire, the skelebots were largely eliminated or damaged with grenades. You used true invisibility to do it all without them ever seeing who or what was attacking them. And when approached by Bills recon team you acted like this was just part of your typical day."

Nodding solemnly "Well it is. Your planet's a real shit show."

"And the ones on the trail? Runners. Why'd you run them down?"

Again he rolls his eyes but plays along this time. "Several reasons; Prevent them from going for help, prevent them from following and attacking me themselves, and mostly because I like killing evil bastards. It's what I do."

"Well, I have my reservations but command wants you on board and in the 77th so welcome to the Tomorrow Legion Antipas Komnenoes." The man sticks out his hand to shake in congratulations but Antipas has stiffened.

Wait what? No lecture on the wrongness of killing routed enemies? The whole interview had felt off to him but he clearly remembered a lecture here. He'd nearly punched the smug prick for all the prattling on. The discrepancy gets his head to clearing and the undead slayer begins to notice other small details that are off. More and more until the world begins to crack up into code and lines of mystic code... Fucking hell. Then it all fades into a black void...
Last edited by Antipas on Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Antipas
Antipas, True Atlantean Undead Slayer
Pace: 6 Parry:7 Toughness: 25
Wounds: 0/3 Fatigue 0/3
PPE: 24/24
Constant Effects:
Powers on:
Combat Edges: Martial Artist, Tattoo Harmony, Sweep,
Bennies: 3/3
Characters Imperator (main acc), Malavish, Antipas, Drexler
Smith

Post by Smith »

OOC Comments
Experience and Wisdom
[dice:2nrkam0u]49505:0[/dice:2nrkam0u]
Tsume

Post by Tsume »

I'm a catgirl after all
+1 HJ roll on any table and add the curious hindrance
Heroic Journey (Magic Table): [dice:3t6foet5]49577:1[/dice:3t6foet5]
More PPE means more power to work with, and your character has it. She gains +5 more PPE to her base.
Notice 5 (audio)
Notice [dice:3t6foet5]49577:7[/dice:3t6foet5]
Wild [dice:3t6foet5]49577:8[/dice:3t6foet5]
+2 for hearing
Interviewer: Slater
[dice:3t6foet5]49577:0[/dice:3t6foet5]
Today is the day! An interview with the Tomorrow Legion’s recruiter and then you’ll be part of something bigger than yourself striving for a better tomorrow for everyone. Everyone you’ve talked to: the castle techs, other SETs, even Captain Claude himself told you the interview was merely a formality. The tomorrow legion just wanted to know why you were joining, and what you were doing prior to joining.

Briefing room 2A was were it was taking place. A small room with a table, one overhead light swaying softly, and two chairs. Both chairs were identical, brushed grey metal with ivory cushioned seats. One wall of the briefing room was an entire mirror. The mirror had a gold frame all around it. Scuttlebut was that a mind melter was on the other side reading your reaction, and gauging the truthfulness of your words. After a few moments your interviewer comes in with an electronic data pad and in some manner engages you with a couple questions. One, Why did you join the Tomorrow Legion, and two, what were you doing prior to joining.

Slater, the other female recruiter. She lives for the verbal exchange in these settings. Each question is an assault, each response a feint. She goes all in for a chatty repartee. Folks around the castle call her man eater, as at the end of her line of questioning it feels like going through a war.
Pic of Slater
playing off of this post here.

Tsume entered the castle using her fake ID showing she was a member already. It had been a long day though so she started to look for a place to hide. She looked through a number of rooms but found nothing. Yawning, "I really need a nap." She said to herself. She finally found a room. It was empty but had a mirror with a gold frame all around it. She curled up in a corner and went to sleep.

In a room unseen, "There's someone in there."

"Oh really? I guess I have someone to go interview then" a woman said.

The door to the room opens and Slater walks in. She walks in and doesn't see anyone sitting in the chair. She looks around and spots someone curled up in the corner on the floor. She walks over and shakes her head for a second. Then she kicks the girl on the floor to waken her.

The girl on the floor immediately wakes up and looks up at the woman who kicked her with a cold deadly stare.
Intimidation 8
Intimidation [dice:3t6foet5]49577:2[/dice:3t6foet5]
Ace [dice:3t6foet5]49577:4[/dice:3t6foet5]

Wild [dice:3t6foet5]49577:3[/dice:3t6foet5]
Wild Ace [dice:3t6foet5]49577:5[/dice:3t6foet5]
Slater's Spirt 10
Spirit [dice:3t6foet5]49577:6[/dice:3t6foet5]

Slater backs off for a second, just a second though as she regains her composure. She walks over and takes her seat in the chair facing where girl is on the floor in the corner.

After the woman has moved away. the girl gets to her feet, still staring at the woman.

The woman gestures to the chair in front of her across the table. "If you please take a seat, we can get started. You are here for an interview, correct?"

The girl sat down in the metal chair. "Interview?"

Slater states as she gives her uncomfortable stare at the girl., "You are here to join the Tomorrow Legion, yes? Let's get to it. So what is your name?"

"W.N.X.3." replies the girl, she hears a weird noise.

Slater raises an inquisitive eyebrow. "Is that a code for something?"

The girl turns her head and stares straight at the mirror. "Yes, It stands for Weapon Neko X Three. Though I am not actually the third. there have been countless ones before me." Then she looks back at Slater.

"I see. Weapon..Neko. How do you want to be called then?"

"There is fine but I am not the main.." The girl pauses for a second and that noise is still there. "occupant of this body."

"You're not? Elaborate please."

"This body belongs so a girl named Tsume. I am in a sense her, backup assistant." She looks at the mirror again, the noise seems to be coming from there. "What is with that buzzing?"

Slater seems like she is about to respond to the last question.

Three stands up and walks over to the mirror, the buzzing gets louder. She notices as she looks into the mirror, that she is still being reflected as sitting in the chair. She turns around and sees that she is not there. Then the room goes black.

Meanwhile in as Tsume sleeps away in the corner, She is dreaming again.
Last edited by Tsume on Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature
HollyTalayuki

Post by HollyTalayuki »

HollyTalayuki wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:49 pm
OOC Comments
Notice: Anything fishy? [dice:1dvz2sds]49497:1[/dice:1dvz2sds] Wild [dice:1dvz2sds]49497:2[/dice:1dvz2sds]Roll Holly's Interviewer: [dice:1dvz2sds]49497:0[/dice:1dvz2sds]
OOC Comments
HJ: Training: [dice:1dvz2sds]49641:0[/dice:1dvz2sds]
Note: All Holly's thoughts are being heard in vision as well.

*Holly walks into he room kicking her foot across the ground currently in her restraint wolf girl form. She twitches her ears looking about the room. A level of discomfort crossed her mind and face.* Why do I have to do this? It's not like many even know my language for the interviewer.. Not to mention a Talayukian recruit is unfathomable with the blocks after the reaching..I know they wouldn't deny me when I approached them.. *She crosses her arms in thought* They want to use me as much as I want to use them to make a difference..*Sighs arms still crossed* This lady interviewer isn't even on time.. such a waste of good combat time.. *Her thoughts continue rambling* I know it's only been a few short months of life.. but with all that's happened it feels like a lifetime... To be here is more reckless then most Talayukian now.. Were strong.. but not usually so fool hearty.. I know my kind does not have my combat breeding.. nor my off world survival experiences.. so they can't understand.. Not fully.. I am closer to my ancestors.. *She grins nodding from the thought as her ear twitches and she sees the door swing open with a commanding kick and unstartled Holly grins thinking "About time" with a confident face.

So let's get this over with. Formality right? If you can even understand me.. I'm big useful and willing to fight. Perfect Talayukian super rare but as far as I'm concerned.. I'm just here cause I want to be.. Holly is Holly.. Nothing defines me but myself.. Proud but that's not all I am but that's why I'm an easy canidate right? Good talk *She says kinda smugly a bit of arrogance only since it was a formality and she thought actions speak volumes.. talk is cheap and she was annoyed at the bueracracy*

You mutt.. *She snaps a whip from her right hand throwing a juicy bloody steak to the ground to catch Holly's nose* Formality or not your in my charge and you will act in accordance with my terms of respect. *She scowls at Holly* Your barley a pup.. What experiences could possibly have a Talayukian especially such a young one here? What were you doing before and where the heck is your mind at to be here? I know your kind.. Your language... You think we bring in people blind without research and testing? Sure..you make a good soldier if your not bound to someone else.. and your more loyal to your team then any mission.. but that's fine. You started off as the bitch now I'd suggest answering and turning this around..

*Holly stands for a minute looking at her and laughs* I could tear you up.. why would you enter like that? What's with the whip and meat? Do you really think that food and a commanding demeanor works on me like a beast? *Her stomach slightly betraying her as it Growls and she salivates*

You could but you won't. As I said.. we do our research and just your demeanor.. you fight for your friends.. pride.. and just to help others. Your not going to release the beast all over me for some antagonizing and harsh words..Nor give up your chance here. So guess what sweetie? Your stuck with me until IM SATISFIED that your no threat or Bond elsewhere.. and no other foods coming.. as long as it takes Holly. *She whistles a tune smiling a bit*

*Holly breaks down lunging at the meat still in the wolf girl form and ravenously devours it thinking* Gotta deal with her I guess.. may as well eat.. foods good... *Sighs softly* plus I guess I was a little rude from being irritable.. I hate being in this form too long.. *Upon hearing the whistle her demeanor changes to a softer and slightly sad one* Look Lial was it? That's who they said I'd meet... I appologize but waiting and confinement don't sit well with me.. *She finishes the food sitting up* My name is Holly.. I am Talayukian.. but I was abandoned off world on a vigilante planet.. I picked up survivor skills and used my more beastial nature to gather tools to get off that rock.. *She sighs* As far as Imprinting.. That takes time.. I've lived 2 months and have had limited interaction with people.. plus I'm not so great at it.. takes someone special for that..Few people have had impacts on my life that were really good on that outlaw rock..Those that did.. They died.. Like I believe my parents did. It's a sad story but the way I see it is I'm glad.. I get to be me.. a released Talayukian who finds her own pack.. follows her dreams of helping and making a difference so everyone around her dosent die in vain.. I'm at the Tomorrow Legion because a short life here making a difference is better then living eons without ever accomplishing anything... And as dangerous as this work is I'm blessed to be Talayukian.. my body and resolve will follow me.. I won't die early.. I'll make a legacy here as a Talayukian representative to show we.. no.. that I care and we're not to be trifled with or taken lightly.. too many of us have been used for bad things or demeaning things.. I'm here to show we can do good and great things on our own merit.. To like the life I lived with no regrets.. This is my path.. No one is in any danger with me.. I'll protect my team and our lives while doing what's needed... *She smiles* Detailed enough?

*Lial laughs* Okay fair enough. You have moxie.. your determined.. and devoted. As long as your obedient you pass my test.. now you.. Holly.. come and sit before me.. I know you don't like leaders.. but you said you would follow orders of tacticians on the field of battle.. show me.. you won't like all your commanders so submit and show proof of that humility!

*Holly sighs* I guess I deserve that for my initial outburst. You speak flawless Talayukian too..Fine. But this better not go out of this room *She kneels down showing her ears to let Lial pet her and gives a playful park and nudge* Satisfied? I'd like a room I can shift out of this and eat please may I be relieved to do so? *Sighs a little* This is demeaning but your whistling reminded.me of the first guy who helped set me on this path.. if it pleases you and let's me continue my journey... I wont falter a d you shall not regret your decision Lial..

I'm sure I won't.. your a pleasure Holly. I shall state I find no bonding that's detrimental has taken place.. your clean motives and thoughts are flawless.. your dismissed young lady.
Alenysturathe

Post by Alenysturathe »

Notice -2
-4 difficulty
Notice [dice:16am1rj4]49749:0[/dice:16am1rj4]
Wild [dice:16am1rj4]49749:1[/dice:16am1rj4]
Interviewer
[dice:16am1rj4]49749:2[/dice:16am1rj4] Slater
Devil’s Gate
Afternoon
Round 0

The young redhead sat in the chair behind the table looking at her reflection in the mirror. She tilted her head a bit, watching the cascade of red hair with green eyes. She wore a set of Tomorrow Legion sweatpants and t-shirt, not really sized right for her, the shirt hanging off one delicate, freckled shoulder. They were the only clothes she had right now. They hadn’t exactly liked it when she walked up naked to the castle.

The girl turned her head when the door opened and an attractive human woman, also with red hair, entered. She was older by a decade, and wore glasses and had grey eyes. She wore a sleek black Tomorrow Legion jumpsuit that formed her fit body well. The teenager at the table admired her form.

The woman stepped in front of the teen and stared down at her.

“Hello!” the teen said cheerily.

“My name is Slater,” the woman said, pulling out the chair and taking a seat, dropping her datapad on the table.

“Hello, Slater! I am Alenysturathe. But most people find that hard to pronounce, so they just say Alenys. I like it. It sounds nice. I think I will use it for this form.” She extended her arms, the sleeves coming down to her elbows, and turned them about, admiring them. “Do you like it? I think it’s pretty. The men at the gate did, too. They stared a lot.”

Slater stared at Alenys.

“Yeah, though they didn’t stare like that,” Alenys said.

“Where are you from?” Slater asked. “Your file is decidedly thin.”

“Oh! Oh! I know this answer!” Alenys said, bouncing a little in her chair. “The skull men said Saint Louie.”

Slater blinked. “Skull men.”

“Yes,” Alenys nodded helpfully. “They were in black with skulls.”

“Deadboys.”

Alenys tilted her head. “No. They weren’t dead,” she said. “Well, not at first. And pretty sure some were girls.”

Slater rubbed her eyebrows above her glasses and looked down at the pad. “Coalition soldiers. I am surprised you survived.”

The teen frowned. “Yeah, they weren’t very nice,” she admitted. “They fired lasers at me. It tickled. I thought it was a game. But then they came up with something that spat ouchie things.” She made a rat-a-tat-tat sound.

“Rail guns?”

The teen shrugged her shoulders.

“So what did you do?”

“I burned them.”

“That’s it?”

“It stopped the owies.”

“O-kay. And when was this? How old are you?”

Alenys thought. “Ten sun ups?”

“Oh.”

“And why did you come to Castle Refuge?”

Alenys shrugged. “Instinct,” she said. “It was passed on to me I should be here. Do good. Help.”

“I see… And what did you do before you got here?”

“I met some nice simvan. I helped them hunt. They liked it.”

“Did you eat anyone?”

“Of course!” Alenys said. “It would be rude to refuse!”

Slater paled slightly, but never lost her calm facade.

“Though frankly, it tastes better with mustard. I love mustard!”

“Yes. Mustard…”

“Roni was the best cook. She was a burster. She had all sorts of yummy condiments and sauces.”

“Okay, let’s...not talk about eating people anymore.”

“Okay. What should we talk about? Oh! Do you like computer games? We stopped at this hotel place that had computer games, and I’m really good! I would have won that trophy if stupid Rita hadn’t cheated!” Alenys scowled gravely. “Have you ever had a trophy?” Alenys asked. “I haven’t. I so want one!”

Slater’s mouth quirked slightly, fighting a smile. “I think you could be a help here, Alenys,” she said. “But we should probably find you a mentor. Someone to show you the ropes. I’ve arranged for someone to be sent down. They should be just outside.”

“Oh! Fun! A new friend! I like learning new things,” Alenys said eagerly.

Slater got up and opened the door. She stopped abruptly. “They sent you to be the mentor!”

“I volunteered,” Jude said with a heart-melting grin as he entered.

Slater scowled.

Alenys stared at the handsome man that approached.

“I’m Jude Maverick. And I very much look forward to working with you, Alenys.”

Alenys felt her heart flutter. Why was that? She lost herself in his blue eyes, his perfect smile. She smiled. “I’m Alenys. Nice to meet you, Jude!” she squeaked out.
Mission
Go to Devil’s Gate and find the assassin.
Code word: Pomegranate
Character Tracker
Alenysturathe Character Sheet
Parry: 6; Toughness: Dragon: 34 (16 MDC); Human: 14 (6)
ISP: 4/10; PPE: 10/10
Psionic Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Invisibility
Rifle: 0/20 shots
Grenades: 0/8
Anti-tank laser: 3 eclips, 1/shot
Metamorphosis: 6/6 hours
Bennies: 2/3
Common Bond
Elan: +2 to benny rolls
Fear
I Know a Guy
Impervious to Fire, Poison, Disease
Low Light Vision: Ignore Dim and Dark penalties
Powers: Boost/Lower, Clairvoyance, Intangibility (Armor, Superpower), Invisibility
Slow Regeneration: Natural healing once per day
  • Regeneration (charm): Natural healing once per hour
Adventure Card:
  • Last Stand: Your hero and any adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into contact after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.
Tsume

Post by Tsume »

Notice
Notice [dice:3qaj26l5]50095:0[/dice:3qaj26l5]
Wild [dice:3qaj26l5]50095:1[/dice:3qaj26l5]
Tsume finds herself a dark room. All the lights are off. She was laying on the floor. There is a little bit of light coming from the crack under the door. Her eyes slowly adjust to the light levels and she can make out that there is nothing else in the room. That's weird, normally I can see better in the dark. Tsume thinks. She gets up and walks over to the door.

She reaches out and opens the door. Past the door is a hallway lined with mirrors and other doors. She walks into the hallway and looks over at one of the mirrors.

"Nan da ke(what the hell)?" She says. Before her, reflected in the mirror is a 20 year old asain girl. The girl has long red hair, that fall almost all the way down to her knees. She has light blue eyes with that Japanese slant to them. She has a slim athletic build to her. "Satsume." are the next words from her mouth. There are no traces of this girl being a cat girl. She looks down at herself and starts feeling to see if this is really her reflection. No tail? No ears? She thinks as she checks for a tail and cat ears.

"Doushite(why)?" Satsume asks out loud. She starts walking down the hallway. She tried to open one of the doors but it is locked. She moves further down the hallway and stops at a door with a label on it. It is marked W.N.X-3. "Demo(but)...." She reaches to open the door. The knob turns and the door opens.

She sees her catgirl self in the room. Her other self gets up and walks over to a mirrored wall. But she is not reflected in it. Her other self sees that she is still being reflected as sitting in the chair, she turns around and sees that she is still sitting in the chair. The room suddenly goes black and there is a wall in front of Satsume where the room was.

Satsume starts running down the hallway looking for doors with names on them, stopping to try them when she sees them.

A door marked Luke. when she opens it, just a wall behind it.

Holly, another wall.

Smith, another wall.

The door marked Alenysturathe. She pauses for a second but then opens it. This time it is not a wall. But she sees a scene playing out. Or rather the end of a scene.
Slater got up and opened the door. She stopped abruptly. “They sent you to be the mentor!”

“I volunteered,” Jude said with a heart-melting grin as he entered.

Slater scowled.

Alenys stared at the handsome man that approached.

“I’m Jude Maverick. And I very much look forward to working with you, Alenys.”

She smiled. “I’m Alenys. Nice to meet you, Jude!” she squeaked out.
Satsume just stared at the handsome man. That is... that is... She quickly closed the door and turned around and leaned against the door as she placed her hands over her heart. Her heart pace quickening. That was... the guy. Why is he there? She takes a deep breath then turned around and flung the door open.

She is met with a wall.

"NANI(WHAT)?"

She starts running down the hallway again looking for more doors with names but she sees none.

She finally reaches the end of the hallway and she hears a voice call out saying. "I'm here but I need to wait for my other half to catch up." It sounds like her voice but it is not. It's Three's voice.

She calls out "San(Three)! doko desu ka(Where are you)?" The voice sounded like it was coming from the other side of the door at the end of the hall. She reaches out to open it. As she opens it, the hall suddenly goes black and she feels as if she is in another place.
Status Tracker
Tsume

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 1 / 3
Adventure Cards:
Pace: d6
Parry: 14
Fighting 12 /2 = 6 +2
Racial +3
Block Edge: +1
HJ +1
Vambrace +1
Toughness: 13 (4)
Note: Biological, Metal, Fire/Heat, and Light based attacks can only shake the character unless they are magical or psionic based mega damage attacks.
  • Cursed with Awesome: reroll 1 on wild die unless crit failure.
  • 1 / 1 Awesome Moment: declare before rolling, add wild die to your trait roll.
  • Dirty Fighter: +2 to Trick maneuvers
  • Might Blows: Double Damage on being dealt a Joker.
  • Keen Sense Hearing: +2 to notice checks involving sound.
  • Low Light Vision: Ignore penalties for bad lighting in all but pitch darkness.
  • AB: Miracles
    • Healing (PPE: 3)
    • Succor (PPE: 1)
Nyaccent Rules
Edit Signature

Return to “Adventure Archive”