01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post Reply
User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:38 am

Arriving at Castruccio’s went as predicted with little or no real effort to get through the security check points when you are already expected. Walking up to one of the few structures allowed to go from floor to ceiling on the 4th floor you have an excellent view of security. A half dozen repobots waiting around each of the various entrances and a score of armored men. For some reason it looks as if security has doubled since the last time you were here.

Seeing you approach the cyborgs open the door and do nothing to stop you from entering. The grey and orange skinned reptilian lady operating the front desk looks up seeing you and with a wave of a couple mouth tentacles indicates the elevators. “Castruccio is expecting you, please go ahead, there are some drinks and hors d'oeuvre for you to enjoy while you wait for him to finish with his current meeting?”

Arriving on the top floor the two cyborgs standing guard nod at you in familiarity indicating the waiting area for you to go to. The wait on the top floor was brief no more than 15 minutes in total as Castruccio has always been a very punctual uteni. As Castruccio walks out he is nodding obviously in telepathic communication with someone being escorted out right behind him. Then the second uteni an attractive female who looks distinctly familiar follows him out. Castruccio nods to the team waiting on him as he finishes out loud to his companion. “I will keep alert for information on who stole your project. And for the right price of course I will be willing to inform you of what I learn.”

Then as the female leaves with her own guards in tow Castruccio turns towards the waiting team. About to invite them in he is suddenly interrupted by an alert from within his office. He immediately moves in and his guards block the entrance to prevent you from following. You can hear him saying “I want everyone on this now.” Then after what can be less than a minute he comes out and says. “Sorry there is a slight change of plans.”

As the team comes in and surrounds the table he pulls up a holo-vid of an armored warrior fighting her way out of this very facility through the east entrance/exit and taking down a guards station. From there it looks like she is headed towards the elevators up to the Splugorth section of center before the naruni camo-technology kicks in making her disappear. “This is Abreaz, she has made a few mistakes and decided to get my personal attention. Here is a dossier with what you need to know about her. I want her brought to me here alive with whatever she is carrying. She has acquired some articles that rightfully belong to us and we will need them back as well as her indenturement until we recoup the cost of acquiring her.”

His words finished he says. “Well then, none of us have much time. Do this and I will even forgive next quarters payment on your ship." As he finishes you can see a general alert is aired on all of your PDAs (for those that have them) telling the everyone in Center of the rewards.

Dossier
Subject: Abreaz
Abreaz.jpg
Race: Canlorian
Faith: N/A
Reward: 1,000,000 credits alive and intact, 250,000 dead.
Current Obligations: Redacted
Skills of Note: Melee combat skills, supernatural speed, supernatural endurance, affinity for technology, minor psionic talents.
Background of Note:
  • Raised in Center
  • Worked in Naruni acquisitions and repossessions for 72 years.
  • Equipped with experimental armor, and weapons.
  • Highly skilled in intelligence and counterintelligence.
  • Extreme affinity with technology.
Player Instructions
For those who made their notice roll you can see he had prepared a repossession mission for you for a Class III Frigate which you can see is a few months in the rears. The mission profile still open clearly reads to space the crew.

There is very little time for interaction with Castruccio unless you feel you will gain more than your team looses.
You have a mission, and a target, it is time to get.

Tracking someone on the run in advanced Naruni armor can be tough. What are your ideas and how do you start.

Post a narrative of how you are getting there and what skills you are using.

This will be a dramatic task with a difficulty of -2
  • Everyone roll an appropriate skill to help tracking, knowledge computers, notice, or others within reason.
  • 7 or less successes: You fail to catch up to her before she is brought in. Another one of life missed opportunities.
  • 8-13: Nice you catch up to her, unfortunately there is another team on scene also, and they may not want to share the bounty.
  • 14+: Aced it, you spot her, looks like no other major teams are on scene. Time to close in and earn your reward
I will have Abreaz roll for the target number after you are all done (FS Style)
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Nimbus
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Nimbus » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:24 am

OOC Comments
WIP
Persuasion 1d6: 3
Wild Die 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 4
Extra Effort 1d6: 3
Nimbus watches the checkpoints for a bit, then cozies up to one of the guards. He charms them, he lies to them, he even threatens them a bit. Ultimately he's able to acquire a few images of the target, passing them along to the rest of the crew.
Last edited by Nimbus on Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Death Otter » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:00 am

Because the intruder was in Naruni's facility, there was a small army of sensors and records and clues about where she was, and where she was going. The team was working for Naruni this time, so it was likely that they could have gotten legit access to all that shit if they asked nicely. And waited for the appropriate permissions to be sorted out.

Death Otter didn't really do 'asking for permission.'

She sent signals to the legions of low-level bots that infested systems throughout Center; the fruit of her downtime phishing scams. Each of them fired off access requests in turn to network IDs she supplied, creating narrowly targeted DoS attacks. They only lasted seconds before Naruni's aggressive counter-security annihilated them of course, but it created more than adequate cover for her own nefariousness as she brute-forced her own user access to the Naruni systems, appropriated enough recognition return codes for a good, maybe ten minutes of activity, and then proceeded to yoink all the sensor and surveillance logs for the affected area of the complex.

Whoever was in the suit was good, Otter noted. She'd jammed most of the active sensors. There were other processes though that she'd missed. Maintenance tracked air pressure and temperature changes, for example. It wasn't earmarked in the network as 'surveillance' though, since it couldn't provide positive ID.

There were only so many things that a big air disturbance and temperature spike could be though, yeah?

"She's on the move," Otter reported, and transmitted her feed to the squad. It didn't show the intruder's exact location of course, but combined with other information it should keep them on her trail!

Rolls: Knowledge Computers 21
Computers (including Interface and Field Computer bonuses) 1d12+8 = 16: 8 or 1d6+8 = 10: 2 Oops, missed the -2 scene penalty...
Extra Effort - 1d6: 5
Ah, and +2 because this roll relates to 'electronic security' and her HJ roll bonus kicks in!

User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Sa’Maku » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Tracking 5 (+2 if using smell or in wilderness)
Tracking 1d8: 7
Wild 1d6: 4

+2 if using sense of smell
+2 in Wilderness
Chasing down prey is what the Seljuk were made for. Although this wasn't the sweltering jungles of Gemini One, the thrill of the hunt still surged through Sa'Maku. Sniffing the air he takes in all the smells of Centre, and there were many! Scents of varied races, exotic foods, exhaust, and that tinge of filtered air from the environmental systems. But Sa'Maku was looking for the smell of fear. Not panic, this mercenary was too experienced for that but the surge of adrenaline and endorphins that came from someone who knew they were being tracked.

After a moment, he picks up the scent and leads the crew after their quarry.

User avatar
Mox
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Mox » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:38 am

Streetwise 14
1d8+2 (base) + 2 (undercover) - 2 (difficulty) = 1d8+2
Streetwise: 1d8+2 = 10: 8
Ace: 1d8+10 = 14: 4
WD: 1d6+2 = 8: 6
WD Ace: 1d6+8 = 9: 1
Mox unabashedly attacks the drink and hors d'oeuvre station. It is keen not to waste an opportunity to sample a multitude of exotic foods in one sitting. Consequently, when Castruccio is ready to receive them, the amalgam is still holding a glass in one hand and a plate piled with food in the other. They are waved into the room to brief the team on the change in plans. As everyone moves in to huddle around the holo-vid, Mox slides the glass and plate into one of the pouches attached to its armor.

The dossier that is subsequently passed around is scrutinized by Mox before it begins analytics.

Abreaz has worked for Naruni for 72 years. That means that she is both long-lived and talented at what she does... Intelligence, counterintelligence, speed, endurance, psionics, tech-affinity, combat (melee and likely ranged)... all the makings of a proficient assassin or wet-work specialist. She is also armed and armored in experimental Naruni technology, already considered to be the premiere weapons and armor manufacturer in the Three Galaxies. Mox's thoughts are cut short by the general alert announcing the bounty to everyone in the Center. It takes but a moment to glance at the message's contents and conclude Naruni's intentions.

Once out of earshot of Castruccio's office, Mox shares its assessment, "The bounty is now a free-for-all. Since it is unlikely that most individuals will be able to match the abilities of Abreaz, Naruni intends to either slow her down or run her to ground. Since she is armed with camouflage technology and is likely well-trained in its use, chasing her will be challenging and may leave us one-step behind."

Mox scrutinizes Otter's feed, now transmitted to its HUD, "If she is good at her job, she will have 'go-bag' packages stashed throughout Center under various aliases. Once she secures one, she will be ready to make her move. I recommend we instead focus our efforts on where she needs to go to get off-planet. If we assume she is good at her job and correlate the feed to potential space-worthy vessels, we may be able to get ahead of her or at least know which ship she has stowed away on (or perhaps even more devious, somehow guide her to stow away on the Remorseless)."

In trying to achieve these goals, Mox utilizes its familiarity with the streets and its experience hiding and pretending within the underbelly of society.
Last edited by Mox on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:07 pm

OOC Comments
Intimidate 1d8+2 = 8: 6
Wild Intimidate 1d6+2 = 7: 5
EE 1d6+8 = 11: 3
As the crew dashes out of the office, Ramson calls back, "You know, you might want to clarify in your little posting that the reward only comes if all her gear is returned--otherwise, the hunters here will give you her head, and sell off whatever she was carrying." Chuckling at the Naruni's mistake--which just tells him that this must be a very high-value target indeed--Ramson considers the situation as they hit the street.

"Right. I think you guys can manage to track her down well enough. I'll make sure we get there first."

As they move through the crowded roads of Center, the Simvan starts snarling, growling and hissing at anyone who gets too close, with two purposes in mind. First, he makes sure that the civvies are fast to get out of their way. Second, and just as important in his mind, he dissuades some of the other groups that have mobilized to try to find the fugitive first, convincing them that perhaps searching a different part of Center--or maybe some other level entirely--would be a better way to make a living.
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
Malcom Young
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Malcom Young » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Notice 14
Notice 1d12: 11 EE: 1d6+13 = 14: 1 (-2 Scene, +2 Alertnes / +2 Elan)
Wild: 1d6: 2
Temporus took point on this mission, if you could call it that. Using Death Otter's sensor feeds, Temporus was easily able to keep eyes on the target from a discreet distance. Its difficult to throw off a tail who can peer into the future, and his skills kept the team moving forwards.

He even found moments to "remove" competition. He never needed to do anything bloody, just a little zip-in-zip-out routine, depositing would be bounty-hunters randomly about the city. Temprous also gave Ramson pointers for which routes to take as he led the group through the city. Some streets were less crowded than others and some were filled with tougher sorts.
Malcom Young
Temporus, Master of Space and Time
Pace: 6; Parry: 8 Toughness: 12(6)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Elan (+2 to the total result when using a benny).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Quick (When dealt initiative 5 or lower, redraw until higher than 5).
  • Pathwalking:
    • Free action to Activate.
    • Ignore any and all obscurement penalties except cover.
    • Enemies do not benefit from gang up vs Malcom.
    • Range penalties are halved.
    • -4 Penalty to be attacked unless caught unaware. May make Agility roll vs AoE Attack if aware to evade it.
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 am

Total of 7 for Tracking.

The reptillian lady at the front desk with tentacles coming out of her mouth—- Josephine. The old code gives no insight as how to thwart her advances, and on two occations I had failed miserebly... Tentacles... Power Dump sighs when she directs the group and tries his best to skirt arround her hoping to avoid an awkward situation. Then another woman, more familiar than his cracked reflection shows up in big C’s office. What is happening?

Thankfully trouble started before C could give them a job that involved spacing some unlucky crew of some unknown ship, probably the thunder duck. Power Dump snarled spitting out black fluid onto the posh floor. ”The old code!”. The biowizard made borg’s skin was even more ashen than normal, and his black feeding tubes began to pump liquid to various parts of his body in ernest. Power had made more than one person in center vomit from the sight of him but that didn’t matter here and now. The team had a mission and he tossed on his black T with Tittysprinkles printed on it that he got from the Fat Cobra vendor on center. He grimaces curling his lip while the vein on his forhead enlarges, ” A knight is sworn to valor.” His chest thing eats the middrift of the shirt leaving just the important top half.
Power Dump’s T-shirt
1B4C0189-10EF-4313-9E48-525A9B23C5AD.jpeg
He follows Miss Otter out drawing his three blades and strikes a olfactory killing blow on big C. Looks like Ransom has your balls in a vice C dog. Kill you later. Oh if you look under the chair I left you a present... Processed space wasp. Hahaha. Using information gained from Miss Otter and Mox’s unorthadox plan Power Dump put his ole dimentional hunting/killing skills into action. While Malcom was clearly taking some kind of point, Power Duimp just uses him like a DIY duck blind. Then when the moment strikes siliently whispers, ” Time for team Titty Sprinkles.” Then he goes to work on the hunt.
OOC Comments
Tracking 1d6: 4 wild 1d6: 5
But shit happens and a peddler in center spills his florescent juices all over the so called trail when he catches sight of the horror that Power Dump is. With little time for Jo Jo the Juicer Power Dump stifles his raging chest thing from swollowing the diminutive three-ed three galaxy native. Power Dump kneels in the juice holding aloft his copy of dragon heart and solemnly recites his favored passage in a gutteral bone chilling growl, ”And in the days following Draco's sacrifice, Bowen and Kara led the people in a time of justice and brotherhood. As I remember it now, those were golden years warmed by an unworldly light. And when things became the most difficult, Draco's star shown more brightly for all of us who knew where to look.”
OOC Comments
EF with above roll and Elan: 1d6+7 = 9: 2
Fool... My heart yearns for your blood and I am driven by the dragon within this book itself. You cannot escape!
He roars letting seaymour lap up some of the juice, ” Draco’s Star Illuminates you!”
With renued vigor Power Dump leaves the juice pool and Jo Jo the juicer, who had colapsed due to fright, driving his quary into Mox’s trap.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
Jarle Vargr
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:05 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Jarle Vargr » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:16 am

Investigation: 4
1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 3: 1
-2 Scene =
Benny 1d6: 2
Being a cop, Jarle was always assessing, analyzing and storing information. The fact he was over 90% machine didn’t change that, it only helped it. All through dinner he casually assessed the room, the patrons, the staff and anything else going on. Most information would be useless, but you never know when an image, snippet of conversation, or even smell would prove useful.

His behavior didn’t change as the crew met with Castruccio. He stood with arms folded, but careful observation of the wolfen revealed his eyes scanning, his ears swiveling, and even his snout twitching as the Uteni described the situation.

Jarle noted every detail even what wasn’t being discussed, including the information on the Frigate.

When it was time to move, he immediately began to analyze the information he collected while simultaneously uploading the audio and video to Death Otter. They’d done this now maybe a few hundred times, the cyborg’s data seamlessly integrating into the bigger data stream.

The problem was Center was big, very big, and it would take time to properly sift through everything. Still, with the help of everyone else and a few educated guesses, Jarle figured where she might be headed.

"Looking for a way out of the city, might be we need to head back to the docks."

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Knowing the Naruni would be sending out whatever they had to get her Abreaz hits the ground running doubling back and running false trails was a must. Her psionic scrambler should keep most of their crap out of her head, but there was little to do versus magic outside of hoping the Splugorth talisman worked. She needed to get to ground, supply and find a rift or shuttle off planet...
Players rolls will be compared to a 9
Stealth used as counter tracking. +4 from Amulet and +4 From counter Electronics do not stack, but do aggregate to apply versus all forms of detection.
I will not be spending bennies unless the natural roll is a 2.
Stealth 1d12+4 = 7: 3
Wild Die 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:11 am

As Nimbus puts his efforts towards talking to security check point guards he realizes something is up. It only takes him a moment for that realization to be that none of them even perceived her coming through. Redirecting the conversation to other strange things, such as bumps and smaller details he is able to get some more data leading them in the opposite direction.
2
19-9=10 Success and raise
For Death Otter not getting permission was second nature, but even with success in hacking the combined information network of many of the bots and spying on so many there was a lot of data to sift through. To make it worse it was as if the armor made her completely invisible to such observations. But choosing to track pressure changes was a stroke of absolute brilliance as she quickly was able to identify not only two maintenance ducts routinely used for smuggling, but also a third one shut down only a minute before. leading the team affirmatively in the right direction.
3
21-9=12 Success and 2 raises
For Sa'Maku tracking was a natural talent, but tracking one machine in a city filling with so many others was frustrating. His tracking efforts lead from one faint trail to another each time disappearing soon after he locks on.
1
reducing her roll from 9 to 5 because of all her +4 invisibility, +4 versus electronics and her +4 versus magic none of those would affect smell.
5-5=0 1 success
Streetwise and tactical planning are an invaluable asset on any team and for Mox filling this role was second nature. Processing all the information about escape options and good storage options for gear was something it could do with ease. While Mox did not experience the range of fear his target must be experiencing it definitely understood it enough to follow it.
2
14-9=5 Success and raise
Ramson moves through the crowd with ease, keeping obstacles out of the way so the team can perform at its best. Unfortunately the utini must have heard him because the bounty on the data pads updated to a much more detailed standard contract ensuring the return of all she possess with Abreaz. The only bad part was that some how the Pursuit happened to be in the area and as he catches a glimpse of Nemesis he sees her own data pad has an image of Abreaz on it. Damn it all, that woman and her team has scalped to many jobs from you. Pointing them out to Malcom for removal was very satisfying.
2
11-9=2 Success
As Malcom see the team Ramson points out a satisfaction comes over him. The chance to remove this team in particular would be well worth it. There was no way he would let them get there before his team. A few jumps and pops is all it took and suddenly half of their team was two floors away wondering how they ended up on the 6th. Even taking a little time to split them up helped as it would mean longer to get back together. But things did not work out so well when he tried to grab Grudge, as soon as he tried to jump the creature seemed to grow an extra few inches as it smiled and turned on him. Holy hell was that close the creatures swing was way faster than anything 7' tall should be allowed to be.
2
14-9=5 Success and 1 raise
So many foods and so many options Power Dump finds he is doing well following the others tracking the woman is a little harder than expected and Power Dump realizes that the solid nature of the ground makes other people and clues the best way for tracking, eating a few little things on the way helps. But arriving late is not an option.
0
7-9=-2 no success or raise.

But please take a Benny for the post, Obviously you will not be welcomed in Castruccio's building again.
lol
Jarle went to work getting to the bottom of things, but as the information was changing so fast and things were all coming in with such rapid nature he found the rest of the team often proving more information when he was still updating with the information he already had.
0
4-9=0 no successess or raises.
Finally as the team started closing in on what they believed to be the building she is hiding in on the Gate Levels they are forced into a decision. How are they going to play this, they knew little of the layout inside or how well armed she will be. But if their previous hypothesis is correct she will be very heavily armed.
Results
8-13: Nice you catch up to her, unfortunately there is another team on scene also, and they may not want to share the bounty.
Looking around to gather information the team realizes another team just went in. What the hell, how could they possibly have been beaten here? Time to make a plan and do what needs done.

PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS
You have arrived at the Gate level and found the building you believe she is hiding in. unfortunately somehow a group of Headhunters from the UWW has beaten you hear.
A successful Knowledge Battle -2 roll and I will tell you their general organization and name. On a raise I will tell you special information that may be helpful including exact roles in the team.

Once you are ready with a plan formed in OOC or Hangout let me know and we will kick this off.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:25 am

K: Battle 6
K:B -2 for Scene, +2 from Scholar
Knowledge: Battle 1d8: 3
Wild K: B 1d6: 3
Extra Effort 1d6+3 = 6: 3
Ramson looks over the competition. "UWW? Okay, here's the deal. I've got friends in the Warlocks, and they spill a lot of intel over drinks. Here's what we're probably gonna have to deal with...."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:34 am

Interesting building... I wonder if I happen to have been inside it before? Power Dump looks at the building with a hint of inquisitive intuition in his soulless eyes.
Kn Battle 9
1d4-4 = 0: 4 Ace 1d4: 4 Ace 1d4: 1wild 1d6-4 = 1: 5 EF 1d6+7 = 9: 2
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Ramson & Power Dump
You recognize the team on site as Dream Makers, they consist primarily of elves and fairies. They are known for a very high success rate of live captures primarily through the use of technological disruption, magic cancellation and sleep spells.

Power Dump not only recognizes these guys he has been taken down twice by them in the past letting them get his targets.
Their leader Aalor is a legendary enchanter known for doing odd jobs and ensuring his men are equipped with the best gear.
Last time you saw this team he had 4 apprentices with him (also enchanters) and 6 Nightelves. You remember those guys the most as one of them caught you in a slumber spell and filled it with nightmares of not being able to eat for weeks.

As you recall they where a pretty weak team unwilling to commit to heavy action and often abandoning potential mission success just to help each other out. Among your former masters most of them would be executed or reassigned for such incompetence.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Night Elves...

Twenty two days ago their pretty night elf faces wammied me with a little night nighty. Not in the pleasant soothing way. When I woke up I had welts the size of space beetles all over. Lucky me seaymor did his part keeping me alive. I shudder at the memory...


Power Dump shudders letting loose a few drops of spittle from his tight grin. He growls, ” Night Elves and faries. . Lead by the enchanter of legendary repute Aalor. He and his apprentices keep the next nightelves and themselves in top of the line gear.” Power Dump curses under his breath, ” I have run into them a few times, they specialize in dream magic... In nightmares.” He draws his three hand to hand weapons in a smooth motion. ” If we overwhelm them, or potentially put one of their Dream Machine members in danger they should abandon their pursuit easily enough...” His blades glisten with foul intent but he gurgles, ”They have not killed me during their many opertunities. The Code will see that repaid in full.”

He looks at the other ready to move into the complex.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
Nimbus
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Nimbus » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:52 am

Nimbus nods, taking in the new information. He quickly chamber checks his shard pistol to make sure it's ready to go and then he looks to Ramsom. "So how do you want to do this? The easy way, or the hard way? If they're standing close enough to each other I can pause them for a bit...maybe...harder if they're supernaturally active."

User avatar
Jarle Vargr
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:05 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Jarle Vargr » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Jarle's mood had not improved. In fact, his inability to help locate the night elf made it even more sour.

I must be slipping. Maybe I ought to invest in a SME port....

"When do we ever do things the easy way?"

Jarle took the GR-15 off his shoulder and checked the magazine. he knew it was full, but having the weapon in his hands felt better. Deep down he felt a pang of guilt. There wasn't any calling back the kinetic rounds once they left the muzzle. The wolfen then sighed or maybe it was a snarl. It was hard to tell.

"I will aim for their gear. Perhaps obliterating it will cause them to rethink things. There isn't much that will stand up to gravitonic accelerated slugs, enchanted or otherwise."

User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Sa’Maku » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:34 pm

Notice
Notice 1d6: 1
Wild 1d6: 2
Survival
Survival 1d8: 2
Wild 1d6: 1
Having never encountered the UWW mercs before, or Night Elves in general, Sa'Maku looks at the newcomers warily. Their inopportune arrival make things complicated, "I have some natural resistance to magic. While I do not wish to push my luck, I am be able to draw their attention while the rest of you hit them from a distance. While acting as bait is not all that noble, putting yourself in harms way for the success of the mission is."

Drawing his massive power halberd, the Seljuk prepares to leap into action.

"Ready when you are."

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Death Otter » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:23 pm

"There is not a LOT I can do to fuck with mages," Death Otter notes with a scowl...which then morphs into a devilish grin.

"At least not DIRECTLY. But I CAN do some recruiting. They like mind magic? Well I like robots. Mindless robots they can't do shit about, doing my bidding."

She looks at the others.

"I'll need a few minutes to build up a little force."

There was a faint 'wumm' as she threw her hoverboard down, and with a kick off the pavement soared off in search of robots. She didn't have to go far. Across at the carefully manicured hedgerows were a couple of robots trimming and disposing of old branches.

Death Otter coasted to a stop and looked at them over the tops of her glasses. Stately and silver, designed to be both unobtrusive and not unsightly, the robots ignored her. She could sense them, constantly exchanging routine information with each other to coordinate their efforts, and in intermittent contact with some central hub somewhere to let it know they were still functioning and in the right place, doing the right thing. She listened until she'd learned those signals, along with the central hub's return signals...and then she reached out with the SEED implant buried in her brain.

The robots got a message from the hub, instructing them that there was 'something else that needed pruning' at a new set of coordinates. The robots turned and began trundling away. Death Otter quickly hijacked their tracking signals then, overriding them with falsified signals of her own that let the hub know everything was cool, they were still where they were supposed to be, doing what they were supposed to be doing.

Then Otter rode off in search of more. Not that 'search' was really the right term. Central was lousy with robots. A delivery drone. A guidebot. THREE cargo movers from a loading dock that some numbnuts had just left them in front of...probably for a shipment that was running late or something. And finally some kind of surveying assistant bot or something that had been doing measurements between buildings. Didn't matter, it had HANDS and FEET so it'd work for this.

With her oddball army, Death Otter descended upon the rendezvous site to lay in wait.

This is how I roll: 10
Knowledge: Computer, base bonus +12 (1d12+2, +2 computer, +4 interface, +4 boost trait from an ally) minus -2 for labor robot, -4 for a group of them...final roll 1d12+6 = 7: 1 or 1d6+6 = 10: 4 to get a squad of 2d4+1 = 8: 4, 3 helpers!
Last edited by Death Otter on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:28 pm

OOC Comments
2 ISP for Greater Boost Trait, +2 for +1 to Psionics roll
Greater Boost Trait 1d10+1 = 9: 8
Wild Psionics 1d6+1 = 6: 5
Raise! +4 DT to K: Computers.
Ramson turns to Death Otter. "Okay, Otter. You surely should be able to make some chaos and drive off a bunch of little fairies without breaking out the big guns, right? I mean, I'd hate to think you were getting boring and forced to crude wetwork...." Goading her ego is generally more effective with the punk than straight-up praise, he's noticed.

Tactician 9, 2 cards
K: Battle 1d8+2 = 9: 7
Wild K: Battle 1d6+2 = 4: 2
2d56: 47, 39
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
Malcom Young
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Malcom Young » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:47 pm

Notice 9, -3 Bennies
Notice: 1d12-1 = 0: 1 (-1 for Pathwalking outside of Combat, -2 for using Pathwalking to see through walls, +2 Alertness)
Wild: 1d6-1 = 1: 2

Benny because...WTF?
Notice: 1d12-1 = 0: 1
Wild: 1d6-1 = 3: 4

....I will not be defeated.
Notice: 1d12-1 = 3: 4
Wild: 1d6-1 = 1: 2

This. Is. Stupid.
Notice: 1d12-1 = 9: 10
Wild: 1d6-1 = 3: 4
When the team finally catches up, Malcom pops over to them.

Malcom waves and says, "Took you guys long enough. Give me a minute while you guys get ready. Ill get locations on everyone inside..."

Malcom opens his mind to the branching paths of the future. He spends a moment acclimating to the shift and then starts searching the paths for their quarry and competition. Several seconds pass and then he has them.

Malcom relays his information to them, "Ok, this is whats going on inside..."
Malcom Young
Temporus, Master of Space and Time
Pace: 6; Parry: 8 Toughness: 12(6)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Elan (+2 to the total result when using a benny).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Quick (When dealt initiative 5 or lower, redraw until higher than 5).
  • Pathwalking:
    • Free action to Activate.
    • Ignore any and all obscurement penalties except cover.
    • Enemies do not benefit from gang up vs Malcom.
    • Range penalties are halved.
    • -4 Penalty to be attacked unless caught unaware. May make Agility roll vs AoE Attack if aware to evade it.
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:49 am

As the group moves into positions and readies weapons for conflict Death Otter starts looking around for drones she can secure. Luckily for her there is a large collection roaming the streets of labor bots and even a half dozen sentry bots posted around some businesses. Looks like today it will be her choice of what resources to call on.
Options
Labor Bot
Cost: $60K; Remaining Mods: 3
Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Skills: Notice d4, Repair d10
Pace: 4; Parry: 2; Toughness: 5
Gear: Tools
Special Abilities:
Construct
Tool Mount: Built in adaptive tools allow working more easily with tasks and jobs.


Sentry Bots
Sentries are spherical robots bristling with sensor knobs and armed with two integral laser SMGs.
Cost: $11K; Remaining Mods: 0
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d4, Strength d4, Vigor d4
Skills: Notice d8, Shooting d8, Stealth d6
Pace: —; Parry: 2; Toughness: 6 (4)
Gear: The robot has two laser SMGs rather than arms. Range 15/30/60, Damage 2d6, RoF 4. Each gun has 100 shots.
Special Abilities:
• Armor +4: Additional plating.
• Flight: Pace 6”, Climb 1.
• Immobile: Sentry bots cannot move except when using their Flight ability.
• Sensor Suite: +4 Notice vs sound, motion, chemicals, radiation, and electrical fields up to 500 yards distant.
• Size –2: Sentry robots are the size of basketballs.
The rest of the team on full alert wait while Malcom reports what he finds in the building. It seems that the Dream Makers have already finished most of the job. They have Abreaz sleeping on the ground as two of them work to secure her, the others in discussion of how to get her back to the Market without being ambushed.

The two on the ground seem to get agitated as they are unable to remove her armor or even her gear. Saying something to the others around them, a discussion takes place. Then is resolved as a object is pulled out and placed on her, that makes her look like a regular orange skinned elf. They then begin to walk her and the rest of them begin heading downstairs. No worries about going in, they will be coming here!

You have just enough time to get into position before they come sneaking out the back of the building, alert and on guard for trouble on such a big ransom.

Initiative Surprise Round, Death Otter and Power Dump have Jokers, +2 Bennies for the heroes, ALL HEROES MAY GO
I am rolling 1d56 to represent 4 jokers, this means I will not waste time with rerolls on duplicates or reshuffling.
Cards act in order, Quick allows reroll on 1 through 20, Raise on Quickness allows reroll on 1 through 28. Every Card divisible by 4 is considered a club.

You have the Surprise and they only receive their initiative if they roll a Notice -4.
Aalor (Danger Sense) Notice 1d8-2 = 4: 6 Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4 (deleted init not needed)
Apprentices Notice 1d8-4 = -1: 3 1d56: 8
Night Elves Notice 1d6-4 = 2: 6 Ace 1d6+2 = 6: 4 (Thanks for noticing Jon)
1d56: 31

Death Otter 1d56: 54
Ramson (Tac) 1d56: 22
Power Dump (ILH) 3d56: 10, 16, 56
Jarle 1d56: 25
Mox 1d56: 9
Sa’Maku 1d56: 16
Numbus 1d56: 36
Malcom 1d54: 51

RAMSON ROLL YOUR TACT AND ITS CARDS IN YOUR POST
The Heroes may go first as they have the surprise and the initiative. You have 4 days and then you are considered on Hold.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Death Otter » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:15 am

When the marks emerge from the building, Death Otter is engaged in rounding up her robot posse...

Rounds required to round 'em up: 4
Rounds 1d6: 4

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:13 pm

PD waits 4 rounds for the team leader to get her robots into place.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
Jarle Vargr
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:05 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Jarle Vargr » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:18 pm

Notice:4
1d6+2 = 4: 2
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 4: 2
Supressive Fire: 16
Suppressive Fire Shooting 1d8+2 = 10: 8 1d8: 6Wild Die 1d6+2 = 7: 5 Auto-Fire negated by Ranged Data System
Damage if anyone rolls a 1 on the Spirit roll: 7 AP 6
2d8+4 = 6: 1, 1 + 1d6: 1
Jarle moves to a building opposite the exit in the back of the building. As soon as the Dream Makers lead Abreaz out of the building, he sprays the area in front and behind them with gravitonic rounds. The cybernetic systems expertly threading the hail of metallic death around and between the group causing them to be pinned in place.

Through his built in loudspeaker system:

“Turn over Abreaz and leave now, or the next volley will cut you in half.”

It is not stated as a threat, but a simple fact. Jarle is aware of the Dream Makers ability to affect the mind, but if the supressive fire does not sway them, it will distract them long enough for the rest of the crew to subdue them.

User avatar
Nimbus
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Nimbus » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Nimbus stands by the corner of a nearby building. He is peeking out just enough so that he can see the Dream makers and aim his shard pistol at them. He holds for now, waiting to drop a stun spell if things go awry.

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:36 pm


Acts after Jarle
The bio-borg’s souless eyes take in the Dream Team exiting. He knew the nightelves well from his previous encounters. Micheel, MJ, Pippy, and Barklaw. The time to move was now and let Tittysparkles engmatic leader save the day. Power Dump in the meantime could at least do something useful for those who hated him the least.
”Sa’m, Pathwalker stay close. I’ll port us right close and then you guys can go to work. If your blade kills me Sa’m tell my Lady I died with the Code on my lips.” Power Dump tries to smile as if he had told a joke but his black ichor spittle dripping from his lips spoils the attempt. ”Chronomancer, touch my skin if you need a boost against their dream magic. Sa’m same for you. Don’t worry Seaymor will not bite, much... Starmarshall, Pathwalker if you can reach me I will bolster you as well. Their dream magic is potent.” Sorry Miss Otter I do not think I can get to you.

Power Dump channels the power of his gifted quantum box boost/lower trait talsmin. He wiggles and waggles in and out of existance for a fraction of a second until a more personable less souless Power Dump has replaced himself.
Greater Boost Starmarshal, Sa’m, Pathwalker, PD, and Nimbus +4 die raises to spirit
Greater Boost Trait Spirit(device has 10 PPE, 4 ppts plus 4 more for additional targets) 1d10+2 = 8: 6 wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4 benny for EF 1d6+2 = 7: 5
After the flurry of suppresive fire Power Dump fuels his armor. He and the others travelling with him slide through space and time and come out instantaneous right in front of their quarry and the night elves. Internally Power Dump grubts as the strain of taking Sa’m who is resistant to magic threatens to leave the group caught between spaces. Last minute Power Dumps black dormant heart starts beating as he gives it his all. Once at the target PD smiles and champions, ” Lay down your arms and you will not be harmed. I, a knight of the code code whose heart knows only virtue, will see to your well being.”

His chest thing’s toungue slithers about having eaten the last space wasp. It gasps with a half burp, ” Surprise.” There, there seaymour lets kick it into overdrive least this not work.
2nd action Greater Teleport S’am, PD, and Malcom
Greater Teleport two folks and PD. Sa’m and Malcom. 5ppe spent 1d10+2 = 4: 2 wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1 benny for EF 1d6+2 = 4: 2

12 on agility= Interrupt agility roll 1d12+2 = 8: 6 wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3 ef 1d6+2 = 4: 2
@Malcom Young
@Nimbus
@Jarle Vargr
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:31 pm

interupt 6 versus PD, failed so his initially after
Agility 1d6: 3
Wild 1d6: 2
Benny
Agility 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Apparently unaffected by the suppressive fire Aalor reacts seeing the expected ambush coming. Shouting out. "Game Six"

Then suddenly he disappears entirely from view as his tail pulls a grenade and slams it to the ground and there is a bright flash.

18 to blind everyone who teleported close, Agility -4 or be blinded

d12+2, enchanting, gear +2, MAP -2

Enchanting 1d12+2 = 14: 12 Ace 1d12+14 = 18: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2

Enchanting 1d12+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1

Enchanting 1d12+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
BENNY TO REROLL
Enchanting 1d12+2 = 11: 9
Wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1

As the eyes are cleared two of his apprentices appear startled looking and seeing both their boss and their target are gone. Seeing the attackers they plea to surrender rather than fight, hoping the knight is true to his word.


You have 4 days and then you are considered on Hold.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 1768
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:30 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Venatus Vinco » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:10 am

Agility 5, success
Agility 1d8: 5
Wild 1d6: 5
Sweep (non lethal)
Fighting 1d10-3 = -1: 2
Wild 1d6-3 = 1: 4
Extra Effort 1d6: 1
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:13 am

Agility 1d12-4 = 7: 11 wild 1d6-4 = -2: 2

Power Dump blinks and his chest thing’s toungue wipes PD’s eyes clean of the bliniding flash. Damn they are escaping... Hopefully Pathwalker will do something amazing. Powerdump looks at S’am’s halbeard. Hopefully he will not kill me.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
Nimbus
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Nimbus » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:13 am

OOC Comments
WIP
Spending Benny to use Sense Dimensional Anomaly
Agility 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 3
Wild Die 1d6: 1
Nimbus extends his senses into the fourth dimension to try to track the departed. "Rooftop, Northwest about 40 meters away" he says calmly over the group comms.
Last edited by Nimbus on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Nimbus wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:13 am
OOC Comments
WIP
Spending Benny to use Sense Dimensional Anomaly
Agility Original post: 1d6: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6: 3
Wild Die Original post: 1d6: 1
OOC Comments
A second source of teleportation can be felt on a roof top about 120' North West from current location.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:36 am

OOC Comments
Greater Boost Trait Smarts on Malcolm, with +4 ISP for Major Psi Bump
Psionics 1d12+2 = 12: 10
Wild Psi 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Double-raise: +4 DT to Malcolm Smarts
Ramson snarls as the prey gets away. Seeing that Power Dump has the Night Elves cowed, and hearing Nimbus ID the target, he nods. "Right, Jarle, come with me! Temporus! When we get to you, get the two of us and S'am up to the roof! You're a bright boy, you should be able to get us all up there!"
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:52 am

Nimbus is a meany
Nimbus wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:13 am
OOC Comments
WIP
Spending Benny to use Sense Dimensional Anomaly
Agility Original post: 1d6: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6: 6
Ace Original post: 1d6: 3
Wild Die Original post: 1d6: 1
Nimbus extends his senses into the fourth dimension to try to track the departed. "Rooftop, Northwest about 40 meters away" he says calmly over the group comms.
some rolls and stuff
Notice 1d8-2 = 5: 7
Wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1

Notice 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Wild 1d6-2 = 2: 4

Mysterious 1d10+4 = 6: 2
The enchanters currently cowed overhear Nimbus' declaration through the muffling of his helmet and moan in frustration.
Speaking in Trade 4
"Oh man, they have have a Temporal Wizard and can follow a teleporter."
Looking at his friend he seems even more defeated now that only a moment before his strange voice having a off echo as it tries for the strange sounds of Trade 4.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Malcom Young
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Malcom Young » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Agility 1, Spirit 8, Notice 5, Smarts 8
Agility: 1d8-4 = -2: 2
Wild: 1d6-4 = -1: 3 + 2 = 1 (+2 armor)

Spirit: 1d6: 2
Wild: 1d6: 6 Ace: 1d6+6 = 8: 2

Notice: 1d12: 5 (-2 to see through walls)
Wild: 1d6: 3

Smarts: 1d12-1 = 8: 9 (-3 from 3 passengers)
Wild: 1d6-1 = 2: 3
Things proceed quickly after Malcom locates the targets. Power Dump ends up teleporting Temporus. Jarle unloads and the other team drops a flasher and disappears.

Squinting and behind his helmet, malcom says, "Damnit, that was bright. These lenses didn't filter much of that. Hold on let me get a fix on..."

But Nimbus already located the target. Ramson bustles over shouting orders. Jarle and the big lizardman show up next. Malcom sighs and scans the paths, giving Ramson just long enough to bolster Malcom's mind. Temporus locks onto a path and the four pop in behind the enemy.

Smarts at d12+2 from Ramson's Boost Smarts. 3/3 Rounds.
Malcom Young
Temporus, Master of Space and Time
Pace: 6; Parry: 8 Toughness: 12(6)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Elan (+2 to the total result when using a benny).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Quick (When dealt initiative 5 or lower, redraw until higher than 5).
  • Pathwalking:
    • Free action to Activate.
    • Ignore any and all obscurement penalties except cover.
    • Enemies do not benefit from gang up vs Malcom.
    • Range penalties are halved.
    • -4 Penalty to be attacked unless caught unaware. May make Agility roll vs AoE Attack if aware to evade it.
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:24 am

As Malcom focuses through the building it is hard to get a solid look at them. He knows about there they are at, but an odd element exist as if they are both there and not there, both standing still and running for the next building. The whole situation makes it difficult to lock on to them. Teleporting up to right behind where they should be standing Malcom finds they are actually standing about 35' to the west on the same roof. His vision swims for a second.

The team teleported up with Malcom sees the Enchanter and his prisoner, he looks back at you and nods in respect. "Don't think you will be stealing my catch. I do not want to ruin all your toys." The nature of his stance and set of his body tells you he is ready for trouble.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:31 am

rolls
Aalor 1d56: 39
Apprentices 1d56: 3
Nightelves (Quick) 1d56: 21

Death Otter 1d56: 27
Ramson (Tac) 1d56: 42
Power Dump (ILH) 3d56: 32, 11, 40
Jarle 1d56: 54
Mox 1d56: 17
Sa’Maku 1d56: 35
Nimbus 1d56: 52
Malcom 1d56: 48

As the team looks at the old man with his not so subtle warning they know that he is not surrendering lightly.

The following players may act: Jarle Joker, Nimbus, Malcom, Ramson, and Power Dump

Everyone get 1 benny

ALL ACTIONS HAPPEN IN THE ORDER POSTED


On the Roof: Aalor, Nimbus, Jarle, Ramson, Malcom, and Sa'Maku

In the Ally: 4 Apprentices, 2 night-elves you can see, Power Dump, Death Otter, Mox, and the robots seized by DO.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Nimbus
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Nimbus » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:56 pm

T-Stop 7
T-Stop
Spellcasting 1d8: 4
Wild Die 1d6: 3
Benny
Spellcasting 1d8: 7
Wild Die 1d6: 4
Nimbus immediately spots the enemy teleporter and fires a stream of magically charged tachyons at him.

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:26 pm

As the spell focuses on Aalor something feels strange resisting its ability to land right. But then like a bubble popping the resistance seems to instantly and be gone the spell lands, but Nimbus feels as if it may have taken something with it. Nimbus in uncertain if his spell functioned as it should have for a moment, before seeing Aalor is still breathing.


Suddenly a lash of arcane energy strikes out at Nimbus hitting him with a powerful field of disrupting energy causing all the gear of the gathered heroes to fritz out. Somehow all the techono-wizard and enchanted gear being carried by the group gathered on the roof fails and ceases to work!

Greater Dispel 11, All gear is down, Nimbus, Jarle, Ramson, Malcom, and Sa'Maku may make a contested roll for any active powers
Greater Dispel Counter Magic
Arcane Counterstrike 1d8+2 = 5: 3
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Extra Effort 1d6+7 = 11: 4

Spirit versus T-Stop
Spirit 1d8: 8 Ace 1d8+8 = 12: 4
Wild 1d6: 3
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Boost Smarts dispelled, Boost Fighting Success
Current ISP: 27/40
Current Bennies: 4/3
Give Tactician 49 to S'amaku

Resist Greater Dispel (Boost Trait: Smarts on Temporus)
Psionics 1d10: 4
Wild Psionics 1d6: 4

Greater Boost Trait: Fighting (+4 ISP for +2 to roll, +2 ISP to affect self, S'am and Malcolm, -4 to roll for including S'am, -1 to roll for spontaneous Encumbrance. Total: 10 ISP, -3 to roll)
Psionics 1d10-3 = -1: 2
Wild Psionics 1d6-3 = 2: 5
Extra Effort Bennie 1d6+2 = 6: 4
ERROR: No -1 to Arcane Skill for Encumbrance.
7 = Success; +2 DT Fighting for S'am, Malcolm and self.
Shaken by Brainburn.
Move 3" (1/2 Pace, because Shaken) closer to target.

Current ISP: 17/40
Current Bennies: 3/3
Fighting is d10-1 due to Boost/Encumbrance, Parry is 7
Toughness is 11 (6)
Note: If attacked directly, will spend a benny to unshake immediately before attack roll.
Ramson nods grimly as they end up on the rooftop facing off with the target. "S'amaku, Malcolm, get in close with him; I'm with you both!" Their leader's command contains an imperative to be better at close combat in general--but he only takes a few steps, staggered by the feedback he gets from enhancing S'am. "Nnh. That's got a kick to it."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Sa’Maku » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Suddenly able to see again Sa'Maku finds himself in a new location and facing a new foe.

"Affirmative. Time to make him see black."

Without hesitation he leaps at Ramsom's directions and attempts to dissuade the enchanter from any further trickery. running toward the target Sa'm feignts at the last second and leaps into the air with a kind of ferocious grace. He somersaults in the air attempting to land behind the enchanter and catch him in a vulnerable position.
Agility Trick 15
Agility 1d8+4 = 9: 5
Wild 1d6+4 = 10: 6
Ace 1d6: 5
If successful, Spend a benny to get The Drop
Landing deftly, the huge reptilian gives a mighty thrust with the butt of his halberd, trying to crumple the man like a ration pack in an airlock.
Fighting with the Drop 14 (hit with a raise?)
Fighting +2 Die Types is 1d12+1
-1 for Non-Lethal Damage nets to 1d12
+4 from the Drop

Fighting 1d12+4 = 14: 10
Wild 1d6+4 = 7: 3
Damage (nonlethal) 33
Strength 1d12+2 = 9: 7
Weapon 2d10: 2, 7
Raise 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 5
Drop: +4

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:21 pm

OOC Comments
Vigor 1d6: 6 Ace 1d6+6 = 9: 3
Wild 1d6: 3
As the blow lands Aalor falls to the ground, his body crumpling like a sack of potatoes. Though obviously defeated, for some strange reason his tail is still swishing about on its own.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Smarts -2 for quite chatty(monologuer) 1d8-2 = 6: 8 wild 1d6-2 = 4: 6

Power Dump looks at the rest of the apprentices and holds his three blades at arms legenth at the nearest three. ” By the Old Code I say do not move and you will be set free once my compatriates have had their words with your leader.” The borg’s eyes emblazed by the power of his magic seem genuine in thought.

Action goes on hold: agility 1d12: 6 wild 1d6: 3
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
Malcom Young
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Malcom Young » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:21 pm

Malcom walks over to Abreaz and places her hands on her.

He looks over to his allies and says, "Give me roughly 15 seconds, and I'll have her back in Castruccio's office. If you want to come with me, place your hands on me and I will make the additional calculations. Ah, um...Sa'Maku, how about you sit this one out big guy?"

Having explained his course of action, Malcom begins calculating the distance between here and Castruccio's office and the differences in elevation. He focuses on his memory of the interior of the room, and where he can safely land. He accounts for an impressive number of factors as he scans the paths for the best shot.

OOC Comments
Moving to Abreaz means this round doesn't count for concentrating. I have to concentrate throughout the entire next round, without taking any actions (including free actions), defenselessly. If attacked, the attack automatically gains the Drop and if I'm shaken, the teleport automatically fails. On my action the following turn, I can teleport anywhere allowed within 100 mi.

Taking Abreaz means I have to roll Smarts d8-1. Add -1 for each of you that comes, except add -5 for Sa'Maku who better keep his hands to himself :p.
Malcom Young
Temporus, Master of Space and Time
Pace: 6; Parry: 8 Toughness: 12(6)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Elan (+2 to the total result when using a benny).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Quick (When dealt initiative 5 or lower, redraw until higher than 5).
  • Pathwalking:
    • Free action to Activate.
    • Ignore any and all obscurement penalties except cover.
    • Enemies do not benefit from gang up vs Malcom.
    • Range penalties are halved.
    • -4 Penalty to be attacked unless caught unaware. May make Agility roll vs AoE Attack if aware to evade it.
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:54 am

Ramson nods at Malcolm. "Sa'am, good work. That was a thing of beauty--made me tear right up. Jarle, go with Temporus as back-up in case she wakes up feisty. Once you're out of here, the rest of us will link up and we'll meet you back at the office. Do NOT relinquish her until we have that chit for our next quarter's ship payments. If they try to renege and force the issue, Jarle, you keep Temporus safe while he opens another gate outta there." He gets on the comm with the others. "We're almost done, here--you can tell the others that their leader is fine except for a headache; we'll bring him down in a few, so they can take him off to get some painkillers."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:45 pm

ON THE ROOF
OOC Comments
Running 1d10: 8

Slumber d8, MAP -2 (Sa'Maku has AR 4)
Malcom (Success) - Spellcasting 1d8-2 = 3: 5 Extra Effort 1d6+3 = 6: 3
Malcom (Raise) - Spellcasting 1d8-2 = 5: 7 Extra Effort 1d6+5 = 9: 4
Jarle (Raise) - Spellcasting 1d8-2 = 2: 4 Extra Effort 1d6+2 = 8: 6 Raise no need to keep rolling
Sa'maku (Fail) - Spellcasting 1d8-2 = 0: 2 Not even worth a benny
Nimbus (Success) - Spellcasting 1d8-2 = 3: 5 Extra Effort 1d6+3 = 4: 1
Ramson (Raise) - Spellcasting 1d8-2 = 1: 3 Reroll 1d8-2 = 6: 8 Ace 1d8+6 = 10: 4
As the heroes are preparing for gathering up their catch suddenly a wave of clouds begin exploding around their heads. Each cloud making them more and more successively fatigue. All they can do is wonder where the source of the attack is. Luckily Sa'Maku appears unaffected by the clouds.


Malcom make a Spirit roll or fall asleep
Malcom make a Spirit-2 roll or fall asleep
Jarle make a Spirit-2 roll or fall asleep
Nimbus make a Spirit roll or fall asleep
Ramson make a Spirit-2 roll or fall asleep

Looking around you may make a notice roll at -4 (-2 with Optics)




ON THE GROUND
OOC Comments
Interrupt Agility 1d10: 4 Extra effort 1d6+4 = 8: 4

Mysterious 1d8: 6
Mysterious Wild 1d6: 3
On the ground as Power Dump watches the captives ready for anything the three of them suddenly disappear from sight! What happened?

Power Dump you may immediately act on interrupt or I can finish the actions for the other two apprentices.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Nimbus
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Nimbus » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:14 pm

Resist Slumber 5
Spirit 1d8: 1
Wild Die 1d6: 5
Notice 1d8-4 = 1: 5
Wild Die 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Extra Effort 1d6: 1
Nimbus feels a wave of exhaustion brush over him but is able to shake it off.

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:08 pm

Resist Dispell 12, Exalted Arcana 8, Greater Dispel Fairies 14 , Shoot onslaught 9 hit 20 holy MD
What is this encorcelling that seeks to distrupt my power?
Arcane Skill roll vs dispel, 12
Arcane Smite d10 1d10: 6 wild 1d6: 3EF with Elan: 1d6+2 = 6: 4
Action 1: arcane Skill smite: exalted detect, 1d10: 10 ace 1d10: 8wild 1d6: 2
Action 2: TW greater dispel faries: spirit d12, 1d12: 7 wild 1d6: 6 ace 1d6: 1 benny for ef 1d6+2 = 7: 5
Action 3 : Quick draw the god gun and fire it at the farie either unaffected or the one that rminds him most of Tiny Tombidil, shooting exalted 6d6 bolt d8 1d8: 1 wild 1d6: 3 benny to reroll 1d8+2 = 9: 7 wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1
  • damage to farie, 7d6: 2, 2, 2, 6, 2, 2, 1 ace 1d6: 3MD holy
The apprentices vanish without a trace as PD wrestled with arcane magic to keep his spiritual bolster in action. Power Dump’s eyes glow with arcane energy stemming from a talisman, etched with sigils unknown, that he wears on a knoted string arround his neck. He once dead eyes see now those he had given quarter too spurned his code and vanished... Trash talked so to speak the oldest of codes. Next time they sleep permanently.

His gaze is drawn to the above near where the team had mostly pathwalked to. He snarled deep with hatred that could override any code or sense of herosim. ” Forge be damned Fairies.” Power Dump got along with almost everyone even though he was an amalgamation of sentient nightmares except faries.
Tom Tilbidon
The Splynn Dimentional market saw its fair share of life from every walk. None more so than the Farie Tom Tilbidon, a sprite or Kobold depending on the day and who you asked. One thing was certain he liked to strut and lord his wealth and influence over everything and everyone. Especially a bio-borg named Power Dump...

The farie stode by on a hover bike decked in nutronium and platinum chrome. The D-team had pulled gate duty and Power Dump was inspecting those coming in. The farie chided, ” Hey there Dimple! Eat any space wasps? The farie made a big farting sound. Those he travelled with laughed as well.

Tom pulled close to PD, about eye level. He whispered, ” You want to kill me Peety? Want to stab me good?” The farie clicked his tounge and two leprechans appeared behind PD and drove salt tipped daggers into his kidneys.

Yeah I’ll kill you Tom...Argghh... Salt...
Power Dump roared using his anti magic gauntlets on the two faries high above. One of them was a dead ringer for Tom Tilbidon which drove him even more into an uplifting rage, ” You want a peice of team Tittysprinkles Tom Tilbidon?” The bioborg reaches into his jacket pocket pulling out a sinister gun meant to do one thing: end something nasty and give hope to those who have none. PD continues his furvent rant, black ichor spittle is spraying everywhere, ” I got the sprinkles for you Tom, but I am all out of titties! Argghhh!” The gun goes off striking true, a flury of devine energy from a positivly pure plane.

PD glances arround for otter and spies her little army. In a gentle manner trying to treat Death Otter with respect he mentions, ” Gather arround Miss Otter, Team Tittysprinkles is about to throw down.”
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:22 pm

As his arcane awareness kicks in Power Dump sees that the Apprentices are all simply gone! Nowhere to be seen as he look all the way around him. But what he can see is far above him two small fairies flying near the building where the team teleported earlier are obviously casting spells.

(The fairies are 20" above you flying in the middle of the ally about 15' (2" effectively) from the roof.)
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Malcom Young
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Malcom Young » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Spirit 5 and 7, Notice 6

Spirit: 1d6: 2
Wild: 1d6: 5

Spirit: 1d6-2 = -1: 1
Wild: 1d6-2 = 2: 4
EE: 1d6+4 = 7: 3 (+2 Elan)

Notice: 1d12: 6 (-4 Scene, +2 Helmet Optics, +2 Alertness)
Wild: 1d6: 5
The sudden somnolence weighs heavily on Malcom's mind, but he manages to stay awake and continues focusing upon the task at hand. He doesn't move or look up, but he does hazard a peek at the paths to see what is happening.

OOC Comments
I haven't actually started my concentration turn yet, mechanically, but I'm narrating it this turn. Notice roll doesn't mess anything up.
Malcom Young
Temporus, Master of Space and Time
Pace: 6; Parry: 8 Toughness: 12(6)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Elan (+2 to the total result when using a benny).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Quick (When dealt initiative 5 or lower, redraw until higher than 5).
  • Pathwalking:
    • Free action to Activate.
    • Ignore any and all obscurement penalties except cover.
    • Enemies do not benefit from gang up vs Malcom.
    • Range penalties are halved.
    • -4 Penalty to be attacked unless caught unaware. May make Agility roll vs AoE Attack if aware to evade it.
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Death Otter » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:10 pm

Meanwhile, back on the ground...

"ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FUTBOL?!"

Death Otter cried as she sent her eight minion-bots galloping in...only to stop short when the important folks were missing.

"Well, shit."

She looked at the remaining rival mercs as her robots encircled them.

"Hell of a day, huh?"

OOC Comments
Otter's on Hold, in case anyone tries to misbehave. She'll have the Futbol Team tackle 'em. Otherwise she's just punching the timecard now.

User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Sa’Maku » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:31 pm

Notice 5
Notice 1d6-2 = 3: 5
Wild 1d6-2 = 3: 5
EE 1d6: 2
As the cloud overtakes him Sa'Maku spins to find the source. Squinting through the miasma he readies his halberd and prepares to charge the target.

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:00 pm

OOC Comments
Resist Slumber 1d8-2 = 4: 6
Wild Spirit 1d6-2 = 4: 6 Ace 1d6+4 = 6: 2

Notice 1d8-4 = -3: 1
Wild Notice 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Ramson shakes off the magical attack with a snarl, looking around futilely to figure out where it came from. "Find whoever is doing that and make them stop!"
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:42 pm

The bolt hits the fairy vaporizing it as if it never was. From around him screams can be heard of pain from the others. The remainders of the Fairies panicked disappear in clouds of smoke.
OOC Comments
Aalcor Spirit to unshake
Spirit 1d8-3 = -2: 1
Wild 1d8-3 = 2: 5
Fail: GM Benny spent

Enchanting d12+2, Enchanter +2, MAP -2 (Tail provides 1 action), Wounds -3 = d12-1
Trigger Anti-Technowizard Action
Enchanting 1d12-1 = 11: 12 Ace 1d12+11 = 13: 2
Wild 1d6-1 = 5: 6 Ace 1d6+5 = 8: 3

Build Action
Enchanting 1d12-1 = 4: 5
Wild 1d6-1 = 0: 1

Tail Action - Teleport
Enchanting 1d12-1 = 2: 3
Wild 1d6-1 = 1: 2
  • Benny to reroll
    Enchanting 1d12-1 = 0: 1
    Wild 1d6-1 = 2: 3
    • Last GM Benny to reroll
      Enchanting 1d12-1 = 8: 9
      Wild 1d6-1 = 5: 6 Ace 1d6+5 = 8: 3
Trying his best not to move Aalor concentrates on his grenade pushing as much power as he can into it and causing it to activate. The resulting wave of entropic energy is enough it disrupts the very rules of physics in the area around him making it impossible for magic to function correctly for 20' in every direction. Again all the magic around him begins breaking down.


Each of the mercenaries on the roof must roll versus Dispel 13
The following Players are on The Roof
Malcom, Jarle, Sa'maku, Nimbus, Ramson and Power Dump

"You should not have done that demon. I will let her kill you and if not I will find you when you least expect it." Then his mind sets to work as Aalor does his best to work with the spare metal and parts on him, when with a triumphant swish of his tail rubbing his own hands he is suddenly gone again.


OOC Comments
Spirit to Unshake
Spirit d10, Combat reflexes +2, Gear +2
Spirit 1d10+4 = 9: 5
Wild 1d6+4 = 6: 2

The spell that was holding her breaks as the cybernetic warrior's head clears. Unsure how she arrived here, but unwilling to hear them out she prepares for action.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Initiative: Jarle may roll versus Agility 13 to go before Abreaz
Abreaz (Quick, ILH) 3d56: 22, 52, 39

Aalor 1d56: 27
Apprentices 1d56: 13
Nightelves (Quick) 1d56: 55 = Joker

Death Otter 1d56: 50
Ramson (Tac) 1d56: 31
Power Dump (ILH) 3d56: 31, 35, 37
Jarle 1d56: 52
Mox (On Hold)
Sa’Maku 1d56: 24
Nimbus 1d56: 42
Malcom 1d56: 49

Order
Nightelves
Abreaz

Jarle = May make Agility test to go before Abreaz
Death Otter
Malcom
Nimbus
Power Dump
Ramson
Sa'Maku

Aalor
Apprentices

Agility 1d12+4 = 8: 4
Wild 1d6+4 = 10: 6 Ace 1d6+10 = 13: 3
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:33 pm

With a blur of motion neigh imperceptible to all Abreaz rolls to the side launching a blast of laser fire at the gathered mercenaries as she rolls to the side, springing to her feet and running. With amazing speed and agility she flies through the air leaping to the next roof top and running, her stealth system kicking in makes her disappear from sight becoming nearly impossible to make out.
Mal takes 13 AP 4, Power Dump takes 22 AP 4, Nimbus takes 15 AP 4, Ramson Missed
Shooting 1d10: 7
  • Malcom Damage 3d6+2 = 13: 5, 5, 1 AP 4
Shooting 1d10: 2
Shooting 1d10: 8
  • Sa'Maku Damage + Raise 4d6+2 = 18: 3, 6, 4, 3 AP 4
    Ace 1d6+18 = 22: 4
Shooting 1d10: 7.
  • Nimbus Damage 3d6+2 = 15: 4, 4, 5 AP 4
Wild 1d6: 3
SPECIAL: With so many on the roof and no actual map I am ruling that one of you (players choice, but not Power Dump) was close enough to get a free attack for her disengaging. (Jon, I forgot if PD was still in the ally with Death Otter or on the Roof, please move your token as needed)





Someone does something Mysterious.

OOC Comments
Exalted Boost Trait 1d12+2 = 7: 5
Wild 1d6+2 = 8: 6

I went ahead and made a map per request.
If you want to be able to move your character around on the map here is a link: https://app.roll20.net/join/4074144/r3UmzQ
MAP FOR REFERENCE
Roof Top Map.jpg

Player will act in the order they Post.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:04 pm

OOC Comments
Current ISP: 17/40, Current Bennies 3/3
Exalted Darksight -1 from armor, +2 from extra ISP for Major Psionics
Psionics 1d12+1 = 3: 2
Wild Psionics 1d6+1 = 3: 2
Bennie to reroll (Had wrong Dice first time, now also rolling correct dice
Exalted DS 1d10+1 = 11: 10 ACE 1d10+11 = 18: 7
Wild Psionics 1d6+1 = 4: 3
ISP Remaining: 12/40
Bennies remaining: 2/3

Penalty reduced to -3.

Notice 1d8-3 = 1: 4
Wild Notice 1d6-3 = 2: 5
Ramson snarls as the laser blast narrowly misses his head. As she disappears makes a break for it, he calls up the armor's systems again, managing to force the glitching sensors to work through sheer willpower. Then he moves to the edge of the roof, crouching so that only his head is visible, and snarls. "Dammit, find her!" Unfortunately, even with the enhanced vision of his helm, he is unable to locate his quarry.
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Sa’Maku » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Notice
Notice 1d6-4 = 2: 6
Ace 1d6: 5
Wild 1d6-4 = -1: 3
Worthy prey, Sa'Maku thinks as their quarry disappears. Eons of evolution, sharpened by years of training, have helped the Seljuk to spot his prey - no matter how difficult they are to see. Narrowing his gaze he catches the faint shimmer of movement a number of meters away and down one level.

"Target Spotted."

Without much to do Sa let's his melee weapon fall to his side and levels his HI-80. It's a long shot but maybe hitting the target will flag her for others.
Shooting 4, 11 damage AP 2
Shooting 1d8-2 = 1: 3 MaP (switching weapons)
Extra Effort 1d6: 3
Wild 1d6-2 = 0: 2

Damage 3d6: 2, 5, 4

User avatar
Malcom Young
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Malcom Young » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Notice 3; -1 Benny
Notice: 1d12-4 = -2: 2 (-6 Invisibility with...Temporal Disruption? +2 Alertness)
Wild: 1d6-4 = -1: 3

Reroll
Notice: 1d12-2 = 3: 5 (-6 Invisibility, +2 Alertness, +2 Elan)
Wild: 1d6-2 = 1: 3
Malcom sees the arcane disruption coming just in time to draw his swords before Abreaz wakes up. He feels the speed and accuracy Ramson gave him fade away as she stirs. She's incredibly nimble, and Malcom barely has time to make a swipe at her before she darts away.

Fighting 9; 9 or 19 Mega Damage, AP 5
Withdrawing from Melee Attack
Fighting: 1d12: 9
Wild: 1d6: 3

Damage if Connected: 2d6+4 = 9: 4, 1 Mega Damage, AP 5.
Raise if Applicable: 1d6+9 = 15: 6 Ace: 1d6+15 = 19: 4 Mega Damage, AP 5.
Temporus scans the paths for her and is startled to realize that it is very difficult to pinpoint her location. In fact, it takes Sa'Maku firing at Abreaz to narrow the paths down enough to get on the same building with her. He takes a moment to get a lock on what he assumes to be her position.

"Nimbus! I had suspicions while we were tracking it, but now I can definitely confirm that the target possesses some sort of temporal disruption effect. It's affecting my ability to pinpoint its location. I don't know what effect if any it could have on your magic," Malcom warns the temporal wizard over comms.

Then Temporus takes the leap through space. He goes all out, hoping his approximation of Abreaz's location is accurate. He makes a wide sweeping arc with his molecular katana against where he hopes her back is, and then he blinks to what should be the opposite side of her to make another wide sweeping arc.

Fighting 3 and 2; Parry -2
Imp Frenzy
Fighting: 1d12-3 = 3: 6 (-6 Visual-Temporal? Invisibility, +1 Rapid Teleport Gang-Up, +2 Wild Attack; -2 Parry)
Fighting: 1d12-3 = -1: 2
Wild: 1d6-3 = 2: 5

If it matters, Malcom drew his Katana with his action and attacked via his extra action. Free Action to notice / teleport, Action to draw the Katana and an Extra Action to use Improved Frenzy.
Unfortunately, Malcom's calculations are off and she is not where he assumed she would be. His katana slices through nothing but open air, and he has left himself open to a potential counterattack!
Malcom Young
Temporus, Master of Space and Time
Pace: 6; Parry: 8 Toughness: 12(6)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Elan (+2 to the total result when using a benny).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Quick (When dealt initiative 5 or lower, redraw until higher than 5).
  • Pathwalking:
    • Free action to Activate.
    • Ignore any and all obscurement penalties except cover.
    • Enemies do not benefit from gang up vs Malcom.
    • Range penalties are halved.
    • -4 Penalty to be attacked unless caught unaware. May make Agility roll vs AoE Attack if aware to evade it.
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Power Dump looks at the farie disintegrated with eyes of souless black. His chest thing’s forked tungue whips out catching any remaining particles. With a grin that oozes black salivia across his teeth and onto the ground he blinks once at Death Otter. ” These creatures were given the chance to surrender. They spat on the Old Code and now I will do the favor. Grasp hold now!”

Space folds and those Otter designates are transported with him through dimentions up onto the roof. From bad to worse and back again. Ramson is spouting about something gone missing... To bad his head was not taken off then Otter could captain us. Power Dump looks at the simvan captain noting how easy it would be to strike him with any or all of his three blades. Unfortunately that would not net in a positive pay day.

With but a thought Power Dump access’ his D-team’s armor encasing his eyes with vision enhanced possibilty allowing him to spot their disapeared quarry. Where did she go? Its time for killing. PD can’t help but smile a smile that would frighten any child not a promethean.

Suddenly his chest thing’s toungue starts licking his face plate as it sensed the last morsel of space wasp!! ” Argghhh... Seaymor! I can’t see!!” PD in all due comidey trips and falls nearly rolling of the ledge of the building. His Tittiesprinkles muscle shirt rips and falls to the way side. All PD can do is hold himself from a precarious fall and think that somehow the ship’s captain Ransom was responsible for flinging space wasp at him.

Action 1: Exalted Teleport (5PPE): 1d10: 6 wild 1d6: 6
Action 2: Exalted Darksight (2 PPE): 1d10: 1 wild 1d6: 1
Notice Check: 1d8: 2 Wild 1d6: 1
Action 3: Catch himself from falling.

Location: On the building with the group but hanging by one arm, effectivly considered prone to any melee farie attacker.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Death Otter » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:32 pm

Ugh. What a mess. Power Dump was going to have fairies bugging him for years over that. Death Otter backed the hell away from that, but had her Futbol Team close in on Dumpy so he could get them into the action. From street level she monitored their sensor feeds so she could keep tabs on what was going on.

And what was going ON was that the clowns she was working with were desperately trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Guys, this was supposed to be easy!

She sent new commands to the robots Power Dump had sent to the rooftop, having them link hands and form a line. They then began sweeping an area across the roof as fast as their metal legs and/or wheels could make them go. Once one brushed against something it couldn't see, she'd have them dogpile on. The first sweep started through the area that other team members seemed to be targeting.

User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Sa’Maku » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:51 pm

Unsure if his shot hit their invisible quarry, Sa'Maku tries to coordinate the efforts of the others.

"I fired toward the target. It is unlikely to have hit anything vital but it should narrow the location enough for you to close in for the takedown."

With that the big dino-man makes a huge running leap toward the next rooftop (Pace 8", Leaping 4" horizontally).

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:01 pm

WIP
Special notice roll and robot agility
Notice for Uncanny Reflexes. On a fail her uncanny reflexes will not be up when attacked as disengaging.
Notice 1d8: 7
Wild 1d6: 2

Agility 1d6: 1
Agility 1d6: 3
Agility 1d6: 6
Agility 1d6: 5
  • Damage 10d6+10 = 50: 4, 2, 4, 4, 6, 6, 4, 4, 5, 1
  • Damage 10d6+10 = 44: 3, 3, 4, 2, 1, 4, 6, 3, 2, 6
Abreaz seems to move through the group with unnatural grace as the attacks swing wide on all sides. The four robots that teleported with PowerDump try to stabilize as two of them tumble off the roof falling to their destruction.

Initiative
Abreaz (Quick, ILH) 3d56: 54, 17, 41
Death Otter 1d56: 49
Ramson (Tac) 1d56: 30
Power Dump (ILH) 3d56: 51, 26, 37
Sa’Maku 1d56: 50
Nimbus 1d56: 19
Malcom 1d56: 14
The firefight on the roof and in the ally is beginning to gain attention from a lot of people. The crowds beginning to focus their attention on towards the roof it becomes obvious that security personnel will be here soon. Knowing with so many foes she would stand no chance of victory Abreaz continues her flight from the gathered bounty hunters.



Abreaz has a Joker and will use it to interrupt PowerDump after Jon declares. The rest of Players will act in the order they Post.
If Jon wants to holdout this will give the rest of you a chance to do stuff.


Current Map
Roof Top Map.jpg
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:08 pm

Bide your time then strike without mercy. Clinging to the roof as the bots drop below Power Dump bides his time waiting for his quary to make a mistake and reveal herself.

Going on hold for now.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:55 am

OOC Comments
Actions: Draw/drop hoverboard, accelerate to 5" pace, moving to hex GG53. No rolls needed this round.
Ramson draws the board off his back, activating it as he drops it into position and steps on, zooming forward and angling so as to be able to make the leap over the alleyway once he's up to speed.
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Sa’Maku » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:28 pm

Vigor 8, success to half falling damage
Vigor 1d12: 8
Wild 1d6: 5
Notice 6, Success
Notice 1d6-4 = 0: 4
Extra Effort 1d6: 2
Golden Benny +4
Wild 1d6-4 = -3: 1
Shooting 4, success, 11 AP 2 Damage
Shooting 1d8-6 = -1: 5
Extra Effort 1d6: 5
Wild 1d6-6 = -2: 4

Damage 3d6: 4, 5, 2

Last Benny 3d6: 5, 1, 2
Seeing his first blast go amiss and the enemy take off Sa'Maku makes a flying leap down to the next rooftop. He lands softly and rolls to lessen the impact. Coming up in perfect firing position, his keen predator eyes find the target despite her high tech invisibility field and he squeezes off a shot. It hits the mark.

In any other circumstance the whole sequence would have been extraordinary, but for Sa'Maku today was not his day.

Hopefully his allies could do better, "I have spotted the target. Second roof top, follow my laser blasts."

User avatar
Nimbus
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Nimbus » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:50 pm

Spellcasting 5: Mega Teleport

Spellcasting 1d8+2 = 5: 3 (Bonus of 2 for teleportation)
Wild Die 1d6+2 = 5: 3
Notice 1d8: 3
Wild Die 1d6: 2
Nimbus quickly mutters "Who's porting?" Anyone who responds in the affirmative suddenly appears a few squares beyond where Sa' Maku fired (XX50 or as close as we can, turned the opposite way), but facing back as if looking at their original point of view, so as to intercept the fleeing target.

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Death Otter » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Death Otter cursed and looked around, seeking another drone to try to subvert. Meanwhile she sent orders to the two robots who had made it onto the roof, commanding them to proceed directly south-west, side by side, and grab anything they might bump into along the way.

Before she could get too comfy with THAT though, the hacker spotted a security drone whirring over, attracted by all the fuss. And what luck! It was currently communicating with its central hub, letting her easily isolate the signal. From there it was just a matter of decrypting the authentication needed to take control. Trying to just brute force it would take longer than she had, but fortunately that would probably not be required. Death Otter started instead with her Little Black Book; a list of known exploits and bugs in a wide array of operating systems in common use in the Three Galaxies. All she needed was a foot in the door...

Rolls: Computers 13
Computers 1d12+5 = 13: 8 or 1d6+5 = 7: 2 to attempt to capture a flying security drone. (Includes -1 for distraction from commanding footbots, and -4 for security robot)

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:35 am

Turns to complete the Hack 1d6: 3 I will reduce by 1 (minimum 1) for the raises.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:27 pm

As Nimbus and Malcom move into position hoping to corner Abreaz, Power Dump clings to the side of the building clearing his mind waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Ramson races towards the edge of the building, ready to make the extraordinary jump and perhaps harrowing fall under his own control.

Abreaz pauses herself, unseen by the others she looks trying to figure out their plan so she can be best prepared. Running straight for a shuttle is apparently out of the question, but perhaps there are other options.


Initiative
I got permission from Malcom to move on without him.

Initiative
Abreaz (Quick, ILH) On Hold with a Joker from Last Turn
Death Otter 1d56: 49
Ramson (Tac) 1d56: 23
Power Dump (ILH) On Hold
Sa’Maku 1d56: 1
Nimbus 1d56: 48
Malcom 1d56: 5

Abreaz and Power Dump still on Hold. The rest of Players will act in the order they Post.
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Going off hold when Rob annoucing Aces or what not.
Hanging on the ledge with one hand Power Dump grimaces. I have you right where I want you Abrreaze. It wasn’t more than three weeks ago Power Dump had been reviewing the fire supression susytems in Center with the ship’s A.I.. It never hurts to have knowledge of saftey systems in case the worst should happen. Fire supressing station five is directly above us. The time is now to spring the trap.

Over the comms Power Dump with little feeling in his voice, now that increased spiritual capacity has all but ended, speaks, ” A knight knows only virtue! Be warned a mighty liquid will be unleashed.”

Power Dump cries out to the invisible foe giving her one last chance to come quietly. To some he might seem a raging lunitac crying for havok, and to others a black hearted nightmare mother’s use to keep their children in line, ” Give up now! I give you my word as one who follows the code of old you will be given safe passage once removed from your armor!”

Then space folds and vanishes off the ledge reapearing holding onto the ladder next to the fire surpression system. It must be done for what hope we have left!. While maininting a strong grip with both hand and toungue from his chest thing he strikes swiftly with his blade of utmost fury cutting the main fluid line and drowing the area.

Action: teleport
Notice 6, successful teleport, shooting 12 to temporarily reveal AB, golden benny dropped
Action 2: Cut main water hose or some such in the hopes the ensuing flood of water reveals AB shooting 1d8-2 = 3: 5 wild 1d6-2 = -1: 1 golden benny EF 1d6+4 = 9: 5
Teleport: 1d10: 7 wild 1d6: 5

Notice: 1d8: 6 Wild 1d6: 5
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Abreaz sees the bioborg moving and only realized that not only could it see her, but it was about to reveal her to everyone at the last moment.

Dodging to the side she rolled but instead of using her amazing speed to escape she instead lunges for the bioborg. "I don't know how you can see me, but it won't do for you to be following me."

With a sudden speed improbable of even a machine she shoots the borg in the face as charging followed by a flurry of slices designed to immobilize the creature. The water having temporarily revealed her to the others makes the strange invisible movements look like an trick of the air. But The Remorseless know better.

Coming off Hold, Agility Trick on PD 14, Edit: Vibrosword on PD 21 AP4, Vibrosword on PD 18 AP4

Agility to Dodge water
Agility d12+2, Joker +2
Agility 1d12+4 = 7: 3
Wild 1d6+4 = 6: 2
Extra Effort +Elan 1d6+9 = 11: 2

Agility Trick (Dirty Fighter +Tricky Fighter + Joker = Free +4)
Agility 1d12+6 = 14: 8
Wild 1d6+6 = 12: 6 Ace 1d6+12 = 14: 2

Action 1 Fighting d12, Joker +2
Fighting 1d12+2 = 3: 1
Fighting 1d12+2 = 6: 4
Wild 1d6+2 = 6: 4
  • Benny to reroll +2 Elan
    Fighting 1d12+4 = 12: 8
    Fighting 1d12+4 = 6: 2
    Wild 1d6+4 = 9: 5
    • Damage 1d12: 11+ 1d10: 8+ 1d6: 2+2 AP4

      Damage 1d12: 9+ 1d10: 7+2 AP4
Action 2 Fighting d12, Joker +2
Fighting 1d12+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 7: 5


Extraction Agility d12+2, +2 Joker
Agility 1d12+4 = 12: 8
Wild 1d6+4 = 7: 3
The blows strike the bio-borg truly forcing the creature body to compensate. But before the creature can react Abreaz spins under his arms and takes off running jumping from the edge her arm grabbing the side of the building she twists and slides down the wall straight to the ground where she lands and begins moving again.

UPDATED MAP
20190120_120438.jpg
EDIT 1/21/2019: For Clarity her final location is where the X is. That is location YY91.

Abreaz's Current Combat Summary
Parry: 8 (d12)
Toughness: 18 (8)*
*Uncanny Reflexes -4
*Improved First Strike
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:53 pm

OOC Comments
Agility Trick Resist: 1d12: 6 wild 1d6: 3
Shaken and -2 Parry

1 benny, Soak 1st attack: 1d10+2 = 6: 4 wild 1d6+2 = 5: 3 2nd Benny to Reroll: 1d10+2 = 4: 2 Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2= 2 wounds taken
2nd attack: 3rd benny to soak: 1d10+2 = 10: 8 wild 1d6+2 = 3: 1-2= 8, soaked the two wounds.
So PD took 2 wounds, but not shaken as he soaked all the wounds from the last attack!

PD clutches his side and burps long and mighty. Intigestion struck as much as the blade of his foe. I gave you chance... I gave you all a chance. Now it is time for death.

”I gave you a chance... This is how you repay me? No more chances...”

A black ichor seeps from his side and his face is marred giving him an even more gahstly visage.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:22 pm

OOC Comments
Maneuver -2
+2 TW Board bonus
-1 Speed Kills
Piloting 1d6-1 = 5: 6 ACE 1d6+5 = 6: 1
Wild Piloting 1d6-1 = 0: 1

Jump successful. Jump across alley to PP62, then turning at the last second to end at QQ61.

Having lined himself up, position-wise, Ramson guns the hoverboard forward, crouching low as he pops the front end, sending it sailing in a gorgeous arc over the alleyway; as he comes down on the other side, he twists his waist to make it turn a bit so he doesn't plow into one of the bots. Over his radio, he issues a reminder. "Alive, people, she's worth more intact."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Sa’Maku » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 am

Notice
Notice 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Wild 1d6+2 = 4: 2
"Power Dump appears injured. Pursuing the target."

Seeing his quarry slide down the building Sa'Maku recklessly runs to the edge and leaps through the air, landing with an earth shattering crunch (QQ73). Unphased by the drop he opens fire again, this time having a clean shot at the target.
Shooting 4, 13 Damage, AP 2
Shooting 1d8: 2
Wild 1d6: 1

Benny
Shooting 1d8: 1
Wild 1d6: 4
Oh man!

Damage 3d6: 6, 3, 2
Ace 1d6: 2
Golden Benny (from Mike)
Gain 2 bennies

Reroll Shooting 1d8: 4
Wild 1d6: 1

Reroll Shooting again 1d8: 4
Wild 1d6: 3

User avatar
Nimbus
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Nimbus » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:12 am

Teleport 11 T-Stop 23
Teleport 1d8: 8 +2 to teleport -2 for MAP
Ace 1d8: 3
Wild Die 1d6: 4

T-Stop 1d8-2 = 4: 6
Wild Die 1d6-2 = 2: 4
Benny for EE
1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 6
Ace 1d6: 6
1d6: 1
9 ppe 1 Benny spent
Nimbus (and Malcolm if he desires) blink out and reappear 11" away from the target. Nimbus mutters a few words and a pale blue light surrounds his quarry, the surprise of it causes her muscles to twitch..

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Death Otter » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:44 pm

Death Otter sent the four robots she controlled that were arrayed in front of her on the ground pounding forward in unison, towards the bounty.

She wanted to do more, but she had to stay within range of the security bot or she'd lose the hack on it. Probably not a great idea at this point.

That said, she recognized the signs of an impending shitstorm from Power Dump...and that had no happy ending for anyone either.

"PD!" she called to the towering warrior. "LOOK TO THE CODE! A KNIGHT IS SWORN TO VALOR!"

Robots run towards Abreaz!
Group Running Roll 1d6: 1

User avatar
RFT
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Location: Black Company

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by RFT » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:26 pm

OOC Comments
Abreaz 3d56: 27, 51, 56
Malcom On Hold
Nimbus 1d56: 41
Power Dump 3d56: 49, 17, 53
Ramson 1d56: 11
Sa'Maku 1d56: 35




Abreaz's Current Combat Summary
Location: YY91
Parry: 8 (d12)
Toughness: 18 (8)*
*Uncanny Reflexes -4
*Improved First Strike



Vigor Roll to break free of spell
Vigor 1d10, +2 Joker, -4 From Raise Task
Vigor 1d10-2 = -1: 1
Wild Messed up roll was a 1 and cannot fix it.
.
The target locked in place appears helpless in every way. Closing in on her the Remorseless know they must still be leary of their target. After all the spell could collapse any moment.


Updated Map
Let me know if I missed your movement post.
Untitled.jpg
Shaping Worlds Together
.
The 99's Game Master Bennies 6
  • +6 Players
Nightbane Game Master Bennies 4 +1 Golden Benny
Recurring NPCs (all but Grimm reset to 0 at end of each Quarter)
  • Danielson 0 (spent to set the stage)
    Grimm 1 (luck) elan, Against the Odds, The Winning Side
    Harvest 0
    Marry Against the Odds 0
    Michael Against the Odds 0
Phase World - The Remorseless Game Master Bennies 5
  • +7 Players
    +2 Sidekicks
    +1 Joker for Grudge
    -1 For Grudge Match Reroll Damage
    -1 For Grudge Match to EE Agility
    -1 Extra Effort dramatic Task to stop hackers
    +1 Joker for Grudge Match
    -1 Grudge Match - that little bastard was fast
    -1 Grudge Match - perhaps unfairly fast
Nemesis and The Pursuit
Nemesis (Captain - Temporal Wizard) 2
Royce (Second Officer - Charmer) 4 Elan
Grudge (Security - Brute) 1 Unlucky -1 for Grudge Match Extra Effort
Hiesh (Tactical - Illusionist) 2
Iasah (Ally - Godling) 4 Elan
Slip (Partial Cyborg - Pilot) 2
Rick 2 [/list]
Castruccio and the Naruni
Castruccio (Uteni - Contract Holder) 3 elan
  1. Opserv (Security - Repobot) 2
  2. Ultor (Security - Repobot) 2
  3. Indohc (Security - TW) 2
[/list]
Initiative Copy and Paste

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000]Initiative in alphabetical order with players at the top, the in the same order with NPCs.
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions.
[list][*]Quick rerolls 20 or less
[*]Quickness with a Raise rerolls 28 or less
[*]53, 54, 55, 56 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 56 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell

User avatar
Nimbus
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Nimbus » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:33 pm

Nimbus jogs over to the target, no rush. He takes out his shard pistol and presses the barrel against her head, right between the eyes. "Almost..." he whispers to no one in particular. He holds the gun on her as Power Dump and the rest of the team catch up. "I forgot cuffs." he says, with a shrug. Nimbus spots the look on Power Dumps face, and smirks. "She's worth more alive than she is dead...but I'm not your conscience, am I?" He waits patiently, curious to see what the Gun Brother does.

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:22 pm

Power Dump’s soul must have been washed away when he sprayed the area with water revealing the invisible foe because rage burns in his black eyes. He shuffles over leaving a black trail of thick blood in his wake. A gapping wound just under his ribs ebbs and squirts as his bio wizard tubes try to replenish his life force making a sucking noise. He joins Nimbus and grins at his prey resting easy at their feet.

Even though Abreze can hear him or respond Power Dump speaks his mind in a cruel guttural tone, ” The old code says to be virtuous. I gave you a chance at mercy. You, the faries... Spat on the code... You spat on The Old Code! My heart knows only Vitue, my wrath undoes the wicked! I have sworn under the sacred sword. My words hold only truth!” The menacing bio borg draws his blades each one more deadly than the next. A draing blade capable of sucking out the soul of its victim in his right hand. A curved black photon sword humms softly in his left. Wipping around his third hand holds a technowizards wet dream: a battle fury blade. Single peice forged starsteel with a dragon bone handle. A single azure gem affixed in the pommel. A priceless blade.

Before chopping Abreze’s head and introducing her to the afterlife Power Dump paused to concider with which blade to deliver the final blow.
Dramatic Pause
No one has died yet.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

User avatar
Ramson Gourdaine
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Ramson Gourdaine » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:20 pm

OOC Comments
Hoverboard over to YY73.

Taunt 1d8+2 = 7: 5
Wild Taunt 1d6+2 = 3: 1
Bloody hell. Have to keep him from killing the treasure. Time for some headology.

"Oi! Knight of the Old Code! When we took this job, it was under the terms that she be brought in alive! Stick to your word, restrain her without killing her, and show her how someone with honor acts!"

Swear to all that's unholy, he loses us pay, I'll ask if they'll take his indenture in compensation instead.
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1






User avatar
Sa’Maku
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Sa’Maku » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:37 pm

As Power Dump and Ransome begin to debate, Sa'Maku keeps his mind on the mission and his eyes on the prize. "We must clear the street before security arrives." Using what bonds are available he helps Nimbus to restrain her. He looks at her get-up, "If we can quickly remove or deactivate the armor it will make her less formidable." Then the big dino-man lifts her like a small child, being sure to squeeze tightly to prevent an escape, then looks to @Death Otter "Can you cause the suit to lock-up at the joints, this would be an effective prison."

User avatar
Death Otter
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Death Otter » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:48 pm

"She's a cyborg," Otter replies to Sa'Maku. "The armor's neurally interfaced to her. Hacking that's a long con, if it works at all. No operating system or anything to exploit. Just hold her down for a second."

She then looked over at Power Dump, and spotted the flickering ad-screen on the building's wall facing him. It was regaling everyone with the merits of how Blue! was a great and healthy drink. As she fed the security robot the decryption key and gained access, she switched her attention to that ad-screen.

The advertisement winked out, and for a moment the wall seemed bare. Then the visage of an old man in archaic metal armor shimmered into view. With gaunt cheeks and hollow eyes, cast in shades of grey against a background of dark, curling fog, he could have been a ghost. In a creaking, slightly echoing voice, the old knight whispered...

"...a knight is sworn to valor." Other shapes stepped out of the fog behind him, indistinct, murmuring.

The old man loomed before PD, his eyes boring into the warrior. "Is it valor to strike down a helpless prisoner?"

"...his heart knows only virtue," intones the knights behind him.

He narrowed his eyes. "Is it virtue, to murder outside of honorable combat?"

"Does your blade not DEFEND the helpless?!" the old knight suddenly demanded, voice rising. "Does your might not UPHOLD the weak?!"

"What code do you follow, knight?"


Meanwhile, Otter send the security drone whirring over, while the other robots kept their plodding pace up to join the others in restraining the prisoner.

Run: 1d6: 6

User avatar
Power Dump
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Re: 01.1 - A Hunt Through Center

Post by Power Dump » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Power Dump nods thoughtfully considering the billboard’s ghostly knight advertisement selling what could only be some sort of body spray called the Old Code. It’s words struck a cord in the bio wizard monstrosity. Sheepishly he grins which looks like grizzled frown and puts his blades away, ” Aye knight of the billboards your words speak true to me. A knight does know virtue and his might upholds the weak... I lost my way and now have had shown to me like a bright light on a dark day.”

Power Dump looks for Miss Otter knowing she would be fascinated by this knightly add and might possibly help him buy a case of the Old Code body spray. Over th shoulder he calls out to the billboard, ”Take care knight and May your sales be mighty.” He moves away from Abreze leaving a black pool of blood in his wake as his side continues to ooze his life energy all over the place.
OOC Comments
No one was killed in this post.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign

Post Reply

Return to “Phase World On the Job”