2-01 No one said life would be dull

Ndreare
Savage Siri

2-01 No one said life would be dull

Post by Ndreare »

Jobs are not always easy to find. But this time things were working out. It seemed like Vinghab knew someone in every sector of space, and this time out here at the edge of Kregor territory seemed no different.

Galied was an old friend and when he heard Vinghab was in the area actually reached out on his own to contact him. The holo popping to life. He began explaining how much fun he had been having as a bounty hunter himself over the last ten years until this last job. Here he was halfway across the Corkscrew when his ship was stolen and he was left with an anger that would not stop. Galied was not one to bring things up lightly, but he felt like he was still owed one for the events on Durian 9 and if Vinghab and his crew could help him chase down the pirates who stole his ship. Just long enough for him to get on it. The Galied would take care of the rest. Once he had his ship he would be more than happy to pay you guys half a million credits for the time and fuel.

Vinghab read
Vinghab you owe him big time. Not just once but a couple times Galied has done something making this a matter of honor to help him out. Tell us what it was for a Conviction.

Galied never met a challenge he would not accept, but being separated from his ship was enough to piss off anyone. Unfortunately he had a tendency to space people who angered him, so once he had his ship it would be no surprise if those who stole learned if they were space worthy.

Instructions:
Interact and help the warrior out. He will need help getting off planet and help finding who took his ship.

Quick Encounter: One player will lead and post their efforts but not roll the dice as they Research to scroll through the data bases looking for information on who took the ship and where they went.
This can be supported (no combined limit) with Networking +0 (Persuasion/Intimidation), or Research -2.
After all players have rolled their support, or one week the lead character may make a post with just their Research -6 roll modified by the bonuses from support.
Critical Failure: False path and Vinghab gains an increased debt to his friend.
Failure: Nothing, you have no idea.
Success: Ha, we know what they look like and generally where they are headed.
Raise: Jackpot, we know exactly who they are, the planet they are heading to, and who they must be planning on seeing!
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Death Otter

Re: No one said life would be dull

Post by Death Otter »

Long before she'd crewed a starship of ragtag renegades, Death Otter had scratched out a living haunting datavaults and filching files amidst the topless towers of Center. Hunting down rogue data was like riding a bicycle for her. Except not literally because she'd never ridden a bike in her life. Figuratively. It was like riding a bike...if she was someone who'd learned how to ride a bike so comprehensively that it was practically a reflex.

As soon as the ship was in range of the planet's network, she went on the prowl; linking mentally with the wireless signals and sending her consciousness to swim in pure data, looking through buffers and logs for any hint of the stolen starship. The fact was that it wasn't easy to hide a whole ship for any length of time. Any vessel with no filed flight plan, or lacking a transponder, would be flagged by local traffic control. They might or might not investigate further, but the incident would be logged. Otter knew the make and model she was looking for. It was only a matter of time.

Rolls: Research 16
I'll take lead on Research with 1d6+2 and a free reroll. Waiting on Support results to roll
+6 total bonus, including 4 from support!
Research 1d6!! 1d6!!: [10!!]+[1] = 11
Reroll 1d6!! 1d6!!: [2]+[1] = 3
Last edited by Death Otter on Sun May 01, 2022 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grazz

Post by Grazz »

Grazz hated to adopt humanoid form but it only complained about it for an hour this time. In his Kydian form Grazz heads to the underbelly of Center. It took him a few stops at some very rough bars but he finally found Drev. Approaching him Grazz was certain of only one thing Drev would sell out anyone or anything for a price. Grazz just had to find the right price. Drev flinched and started looking for an exit when he saw Grazz across the bar. Grazz cut him off near the back door and Drev stopped running and started talking very fast.

Grazz hissed at him to shut up and listen. "Grazz don't have time for games today. Tell Grazz what Grazz want and I will pay you well."

Drev's eye glittered for a moment "how well?"

"Very well. I will pay you with your life. See you tell Grazz what Grazz needs to know and you get your life back?'"

Drev blanched a little "back?"

Grazz nodded "when Grazz walked in here Grazz was hungry. So Grazz decided he would eat you. See that means your life is gone. You no longer own it. But if your tell Grazz info, then Grazz pay you with 1 life. Fair trade for all."

Drev squirmed but he told Grazz he did not know where the ship was but he knew that some of the crew had been spending a lot of money around town especially in brothels. Grazz was growing tired of this form and this talking. No one was dying. He dropped Drev to the floor, mumble something about enjoy the new life, and then got back to the ship as fast as he could. He opened the comms and relayed the info to @Death Otter. Once there he reverted back to his true form and laid down in the cargo hold to nap.

Persuasion d4!!: [5!!] = 5
Wild d6!!: [5] = 5
Berkyn of Celik

Post by Berkyn of Celik »

Lawrence adjusted his tux in the mirror. What he and Dee were doing was risky, but that was part of the fun. He didn't know what the gala they were attending was even for, but he knew it was put on by one of the military governors of some strategically important planet. He believed the governor was a Silhouette, but wasn't sure. Might have been a good idea to find that out before he bribed that Catyr fixer for the invitations.

At least Dee looked good--as usual. Hopefully she could keep heads on a swivel while he found out what they needed. He hated talking with anyone, especially these stuck imperialists, but at least it was free food and drinks.

One last look to make sure the tie was straight..."Dee, you ready?"

The Deevil sighed and rolled her eyes. She could change her appearance with a thought. Of course she was ready.

"Well don't say I don't take you anywhere."

--------------------------------------

These governors of the Kreeghor Empire really could throw a party. This job wasn't half bad. Lawrence and Dee mingled and chatted posing as a vid-star and her director here or a trust-fund heir and his fiancée there, it didn't matter as every cover story included them wanting to be part of the endless entourage to the Royal Family. Eventually they
Persuasion 1d6!!: [4] = 4 1d6!!: [4] = 4 Free Charismatic reroll 1d6!!: [4] = 4 1d6!!: [11!!] = 11 -1 =10 raise
out what they wanted and then some. Satisfied, they slipped out, Dee filling her purse with as many hors d'oeuvres that it would hold, with none the wiser.

OCC: Raise to Support

Bennys: 2/3
Pace: 6 Parry 6 Toughness 5
Wounds: 0/3
Fatigue: 1/2
Vi

Post by Vi »

Persuasion d8+1…
1d8!!+1: [3]+1 = 4 1d6!!: [3] = 3
Nah bro. Bennie.
B 1d8!!+1: [2]+1 = 3 B 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Meh.

Boon Stood outside the CCW Government Center. The Consortium had hundreds of thousands of employees here. As a former Consortium Armed Forces Commando Boon, real name retired Captain Mace Bo Ferric aka “Boondoggle” or just Boon technically had an ID card and could access limited areas of the massive center. Until now he had only once utilized the access to shop at a commissary and that had gone poorly. Some sap had recognized him and hassled him about being turned down by the Forge.

Now. Here he was. Sighing heavily he walked into the entryway guard gate and presented his ID.

Looking up from a metal desk the guard eyed the card (retinal scanning it) and grunted.

”Purpose of visit Captain Ferric…. You that Ferric?”

Bitting his lip Boon mentally retorted several foul responses than out loud stated: ”I need to visit my brother. Major Nash Ro Ferric.”

Frowning the guard just tapped on a holo keyboard then got a far away look in his eyes as he used his internal comms to call the GSA.

A moment later he said to Boon: ”Galactic Security Agency reception says no. You may not visit. However the Major will come out and talk to you here. Go wait in cell 6 until he arrives.”

Looking away from Boon he was obviously done talking to the former Captain.

———

Twenty minutes later Boons brother entered the cell detention and waiting room.

”This better be important Mace. What?”

Boon explained that he and a crew were trying to track down a bunch of pirates and stolen ships. He emphasized that the pirates were pretty nasty and the whole CCW would be better off if they were caught. Boon asked for help tracking them. Providing a transponder code and description of the stolen ship. GSA had nodes, trackers, and other ways of keeping their eyes on the coming and going of space travel.

His brother just looked at him for a moment.

”Look brother I don’t hate you but it’s super suspicious that the Forge turned you away. Why? Still don’t want to say huh. Fine. If you’d been accepted you would be a bonded deputy of the CCW as a Cosmo Knight. But. You’re just a exCAF commando selling your service to bounty hunters? If I find anything I’ll direct beam it. I gotta go.”

———

An hour later a small data pack arrived on Boons computer.

It was heavily redacted obviously and only had a little helpful information on last know locations on the stolen ship.

It was something at least. Boon gave the information to Death 0tter.

1 Success.
Daniel - Site Admin/GM of Savage Rifts Agents of Titan
Jackal - IC (Neural Intelligence) - 7th SET
Henry- CS Ranger (Commando) - Rumble in the Jungle
Vi - “Former” Space Pirate - Stars Without Numbers

Vinghab

Post by Vinghab »

"Who in their right mind would steal Galied's ship? They might as well have starshot themselves and saved him the effort." Vinghab muses out loud (as he usually does - unspoken thoughts do not foster conversation). He swirls a drink in his hand as he mulls the location in his mind. "They either aren't in their right mind...or they don't know him. Wonder if we have some rookies trying to make a name?" He points a finger upward. "Ah! Yasha. He would know something." For the next hour or two, Vinghab sends a message to Yasha, a
crime lord
in that part of the Corkscrew.
Yasha's initial reaction was less than warm.
In his native language (which nobody else recognizes) the "merchant" berates Vinghab for a deal he had negotiated. Universal translators spit out the following snippets: "I can't believe you talked me into that. That creature destroyed my house!"
Vinghab shrugs. "Yasha, you asked for an animal that would convey your status. You didn't specify 'tame'! It put the fear of deities into your opposition in those discussions though! Which, I might add, I helped pave the way for."
Before long, Yasha's cold demeanor is

Support - Persuasion: 1d12!!+3: [8]+3 = 11
WD Persuasion: 1d6!!+3: [4]+3 = 7
with the appropriate reminders, compliments, and the occasional threat. "Yes, I'm sure Galied will give you a deal next time...as long as this helps! Thank you, Yasha. I'll see about a partial refund on that sickle-horned gack. YES, partial refund. You asked for that thing!" In exchange for a good word and an attempt at a refund, Yasha relays several contacts who have heard about new or desperate ship-thieves in the region.

Durian 9
WIP
Vinghab
Vinghab
Pace: 7; Parry: 2
Toughness: 19 (8)
Pertinent Edges: Charismatic, Elan, Hard to Kill, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Mentalist
Current Status Post
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Re: 2-01 No one said life would be dull

Post by Ndreare »

Player Clarity: You were not on Center, you are on the edge of Kregor space halfway across the Corkscrew Galaxy from Center.

The images @Death Otter pulled up initially and sent down with @Grazz was enough that he had something to work with. The Galaxy was a huge place and not everyone could know everyone. But @Grazz knew what it took to get people to admit when they did know something. Sometimes all it took was letting them live. As Drev pleaded for his life. “Wait please. I heard about a ship like this. Marked up as The Lady there was word it was being offered for sale. I don’t know who, but maybe you can look into Black Market types?” He offered as he begged for his life.

@Lawrence Benson’s events at the ball proved more than useful as word of The Lady went around. A few gossiping tidbits here and there. “Oh, The Lady, isn’t that the ship based on Machine People technology?” and “I heard Bren Forgefinder wanted that ship.” and other tidbits dropped. Usually without the people sharing the information even knowing they were doing so.

@Boon’s efforts did not yeld any information on the were abouts of the people who stole the ship or the people who wanted the ship. But what it did yield was information about the people who took the ship. This was no ragtag crew picking up on opportunity. This was the the crew of Retribution’s Fury. This team was skilled, made up of a team of former Splugorth arena slaves these guys liked to take real dangerous jobs, and took extra pleasure in leaving corpses behind them.

Yasha having been temporarily calmed shares some important information about who could be acting as a broker for a ship like The Lady. “Not a lot of people can afford a ship like that. The effort to rewrite its AI would be remarkable, and could get ten ships for the same price. Custom jobs like that in this sector..."[/b] he shakes his head knowing that @Vinghab would already know this means The Harrow and everyone would have to watch their back on any job that takes them there.

As @Death Otter works with all the information being shared with her and runs through the network of databases the problem was often an ocean of information and needing the right keys to home in on the correct information. But with the help of the crew she easily narrows down to exactly the information needed. It was as if no effort was being made to hide themselves from her. Well, no effort that could possibly matter.

The Lady was stolen by Retribution’s Fury on contract for delivery to a fence known as The Harrow. Once he has it, the word is Bren Forgefinder a dwarf from Asgard is lined up to purchase the ship, where he will figure out how it was made and start converting/creating more of the ships.

The Crew knows where the Harrow is, located on a network of Asteroids not too far from where you are know at the border of UWW and Kregor space. It is a pretty standard den of villainy right out of a holo-vid. However if Retribution’s Fury is still there then it could be a pretty dangerous fight. Those guys are some heavy hitters...

As you begin telling Galied this you can see his determination hardens. “Get me there before they sell my ship. I want vengeance on these nobodies who stole my ship! I will pay double if you can do it!” Well he may want vengeance, but it was only luck that had you here so soon and with a 16 standard hour lead on you, the Remorseless would have to break the laws of physics to get their first...

INSTRUCTIONS: Develop a plan, what are you going to do and how are you going to get there?
Getting there before Retribution's Fury would require piloting skills from out of this work, and a roll of 20.
However if you just head there and RP a little on the way no roll is needed. There may be other options, however. Lawrence Benson has the Dimensional Portal edge, which while risky could get you there at least a day before the ship arrives. Finding a Nexus and securing its use may be a little effort, but heh that is how life goes.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Sabrek Vek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sabrek Vek »

Sabrick is new to the crew, but goes into ops mode as soon as a plan is needed. But planning or thinking for that matter has never been his strongest skill set. Sabrick stating the obvious, while assuming there is no way they can get there in time.
“If we can’t get there faster then our only option is to find a way to make sure that any sell is delayed until we get there. Unfortunately, I am not the best when it comes to plans. Now the vengeance part I am more than capable of. Thievery like this must not go unpunished.”
He beams with pride in his ability to relate the obvious while feeling like he is contributing, while also bragging about his ability to mete out vengeance to these ruffians. He then waits for someone who can plan to actually give him a job.
Berkyn of Celik

Lawrence kicks his feat up on the table in the ops room and leans back. The chair he's in nearly tips over but rights itself at the last second. It is almost as if his shadow caught him and prevented him from falling over.

"You get me close to enough magical energy and I can get us there faster than a T'Zee amped up on Kreegorhian meth. But...New Guy has a good point. Thievery should not go unpunished, and the best way to punish it is by stealing what is stolen. All we need to do is get close, no need to engage. I can teleport a team onto the Lady. The Retribution's crew will be split between the two ships, likely with a skeleton crew piloting the Lady.
We just need to overwhelm them and make a break for it. The question is who can fly a ship other than Death Otter."

Vinghab

Post by Vinghab »

Vinghab raises his hand in response to @Lawrence Benson's question. "I mean, I've never taken lessons. But I've seen enough pilots, not to mention our own esteemed @Death Otter, do what they do in order to pick up enough to be dangerous. Get me on the ship and I can make it work."
He
Common Knowledge: 1d6!!: [3] = 3
WD Common Knowledge: 1d6!!: [2] = 2
Benny CK: 1d6!!+2: [14!!]+2 = 16
WD Benny CK: 1d6!!+2: [10!!]+2 = 12
to think of any nearby nexuses that may serve Lawrence's needs. As he ponders, a smile breaks across his face as Galied's temper begins to boil over. "Double, you say? Oh, I'm sure we can find a way to make that happen, my good friend. You leave it to us." He moves towards the computer to pore through some of the nav charts to confirm his recollections. "I think I know just the place..."
Vinghab
Vinghab
Pertinent Edges: Charismatic, Elan, Hard to Kill, Brave, Strong Willed, Iron Will, Mentalist
Current Status Post
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As @Vinghab thinks on it he realizes, that most nexus in space would be claimed by others and lead up to a fight that could damage the Remorseless more than the spoils would make up for.

Last time the crew was in this system they had to land on the desert planet, and he recalled there were visable ley lines. Which was nice for a planet with no intelligent life. A short 4 hours trip and 1 hour to land would get the team to the nexus and allow the @Lawrence Benson to work his special talents.

Asuming the team chooses that option...
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"So wait, the plan is we go on foot?" Death Otter asked incredulously. "Go to a planet, open a rift, and head straight to The Harrow without Remorseless?"

She rubbed her forehead. "Is there some way you can rift the Remorseless over? You say you need 'enough' magic energy. Is a 'nexus' the only way to get it? Because I love the idea of teleporting ahead of them. I don't love the idea of teleporting ahead of them and then getting stranded on a black market asteroid because we don't have enough juice to get back to our ship."

After a moment Otter got a thoughtful look and asked, "How high up are these nexuses? Remorseless isn't specced for atmospheric travel, but if you can open a rift high enough up, we might be able to fudge that a little."
Berkyn of Celik

Lawrence smiles and says confidently, "Not necessarily. I can open a dimensional portal to where we need to go. The problem is that it won't be big enough to get the remorseless through. Not to worry, though, because then I can do one of two things. I can either try to manipulate the Nexus to make it big enough to go through or, once we have it open, teleport the ship to the other side of the portal. The first option runs the small risk of opening a Rift to somewhere we really don't want to be. The second option, while a little safer, will cost a lot more magical energy. Not to worry, though, I got this."

The shifter then shrugs, "Can't really know until we get there, though."

I am liberally interpreting the manipulate Ley Lines and Rifts section of the GM Guide for the first option. Its not specifically listed, but it makes sense that once a portal is opened at a Nexus, you should be able to widen it per those rules to get the ship through. The second option assumes the Remorseless is a valid target for teleport. I would think it is, but I am guessing that it would take a lot more than just one additional PPE to teleport the ship and everyone on it.

Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

Death Otter stared at Lawrence a moment longer, expectantly. When it was clear he'd said his piece, she reached up and thumped the side of her own head, scowling.

"Okay, let me walk you...no SPRINT you through this. The Remorseless was built in ORBIT. It is not designed to enter the atmosphere, or gravity well, of a large terrestrial PLANET. The maneuvering drives don't have enough thrust to keep the ship flying, and there's no flight control surfaces, no streamlining. We could probably dip into the upper atmosphere a little if we watched the speed, but...re-entry? Uh uh. I just...UGH!"

She paced away a few steps, then whirled around to point at Lawrence, as if it was the shifter's fault that the laws of physics were so unforgiving.

"So...IN THEORY...maybe...I could get the ship down further. We'd use the forcefield to absorb re-entry heat. I'd have to use the main drive to counter gravity and keep us from hitting the ground. So it won't be stable...and we'll all be standing on the back walls, because we'll have to be...you know...pointing up. We'll only barely be able to maneuver at all, with the control thrusters. And if there's ANY WEATHER AT ALL, we will be at its mercy."

Death Otter glared around at everyone else. "If we're doing this, I'll need all hands on deck. There's going to be a LOT going on all at once, and things will change VERY quickly and without warning."

Her eyes flicked back to Lawrence and a grin started spreading over her face. "...but if this can get us there ahead of them, then I say lets DO this. Larry, you will have a time limit though. So do as much as you can in advance before we get down there. We may only be able to hold position for...I dunno...minutes. Depending. So that's how long you have to get a rift going and put it somewhere I can fly into it."
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As the mercenary members of The Crew figure out what would be needed and decide if they can do it. They begin making preparations. Opening a rift was ridiculously expensive as even a short range one could cost tens of thousands of credits. But Lawrence did not worry about such things. He had spent years mastering dimensional travel to a level few mages could.

The timing of the ship's entry and following alignment of the Remorseless was going to be even more difficult. While the shuttle would be easy to get in place and a lot smaller for going through the rift once held. The Crew was not willing to leave their stuff behind, after all what better way to lose a ship than to leave it unsupervised?

Action time!

We are going to have two tasks here going on at the same time! Getting the Remorseless in place and the Dramatic Task of tearing the universe apart and running a string through the middle of it. The shuttle is sent down with those who would like to help with the ritual, then autopilot returns it back to the Remorseless before this task begins. Those supporting may only support the Task they are on the scene for.

Initiative Cards
Sabrick Card 1d56: [42] = 42
Grazz Card 1d56: [1] = 1
Vinghab card 1d56: [1] = 1
Boon Card (Quick ignore from 1 to 16) 1d56: [39] = 39
Lawernce card 1d56: [22] = 22 NOT A CLUB!
Death Otter 1d56 or 1d56: [34]+[26] = 60
Dangerous Ship Maneuvers
@Death Otter, you are one of the best pilots in the three galaxies. You got this!
Rather than three rounds of Dramatic Task with a -8, I have decided to make this, three separate tasks. Each round we will only roll one of these. DO NOT FORGET SUPPORT!

Task A1: Get the remorseless into an atmosphere and close to the position the ritual is being performed!
Roll Piloting at -6. You are entering the atmosphere and trying to get close to the earth. A raise here will grant +2 to the next roll.
- Failure = You bounce off the ionosphere! Try around next round but with a -2 MAP on both Task 1 and Task 2 as they both will be needed.
- Critical Failure = You crash against the ionosphere! The damage to the remorseless is enough you know you will not be able to do this as the engines take a severe Technical Difficulty.

You can preview the next two task if you would like.

Task A2: Hold this position while the ritual finishes...
Roll Piloting at -8. You need to keep it here so you can get through the portal as soon as it pops open.
A raise here will grant +2 to the next roll.
- Failure = You touch down, dammit! Roll a hit location, followed by a d6 for Technical Difficulty to see what you did.
- Critical Failure = Grounded! You crashed into the planet, the ship takes 1d4+1 wounds (maximum 4) and suffers a technical difficulty for each wound not soaked. The task failed...
Task A3: Dart through the portal and escape this new miserable rock!
Roll piloting -6. On a raise you hesitate just long enough on the other side Lawrence/others with the power can spend PPE to teleport into the ship without even rolling.
May be supported only by Piloting or Electronics.
- Failure = You touch down, dammit! Roll a hit location, followed by a d6 for Technical Difficulty to see what you did.
- Critical Failure = Grounded! You crashed into the planet, the ship takes 1d4+1 wounds (maximum 4) and suffers a technical difficulty for each wound not soaked. The task failed...

I am a Master of Time and Space, this is what I do!

@Lawrence Benson you need to open this rift up. This is a challenging dramatic task. You need 4 tokens in 3 rounds, failure on a club will fail the whole task catastrophically. Critical failure in round one or two will remove a token. You may chose not to roll in any round except the 3rd round where you are required to roll. The actual roll to open the rift and expand it will be the roll made in round 3.

Your roll to open the Rift is Spellcasting -7. I think each round is 10 minutes.
  • You can normally only open or shift a rift to a location you know!
    - But we do not care about what others can do, we only care about what Lawrence can do. This is why we are going blind! We will be opening this portal with a -4 penalty.
    - However you can receive support from others during the three rounds leading up to opening the portal as the Remorseless gets in position (hopefully without killing everyone).
    - Maximum bonus from others is +4, they may only support with Occult at -3. Those offering support may spend 10,000 credits to represent using materials that will aid the support granting them a +2 to their support roll for that round.

Please ignore this unless you want to know what craziness Rob was thinking.
A mechanical explanation of the task.
  • Dimensional Portal (Iconic Edge) pg 29, selected at veteran by Lawrence and in the group options
  • Blood and Banes page 29: 100 PPE and Spellcasting roll at -4 to open a portal to a location in the same dimension.
  • Blood and Banes page 29: Shifters pay 50% of this for 50 PPE.
  • Blood and Banes page 16: Shift Reality, shifters get +4 to open rifts. (effectively ignoring the base penalty, see page 29)
  • Ritual will allow this to change and allow drawing the PPE.
    - 6’ portal will effectively be considered a SMT.
    - 3 steps goes from SBT, to MBT, to LBT, finally to Spirit *2 diameter!
    - TLPG page 122, last paragraph “A Challenging ritual grants 1 improvements” conveniently what we need.
    - TLPG page 123, last paragraph “the same improvement may be selected multiple times”. Followed by the last sentence under Improved effect on page 123. “The caster may increase the effect multiple times—each additional increase incurs a cumulative −1 to the Dramatic Task’s Arcane Skill rolls.”
    - This totals to a Challenging Dramatic Task at -3.
    - But we do not care about what others can do, we only care about what Lawrence can do. This is why we are going blind! We will be opening this portal with a -4 penalty.
    - However you can receive support from others during the three rounds leading up to opening the portal as the Remorseless gets in position (hopefully without killing everyone).
    - Maximum bonus from others is +4, they may only support with Occult at -3. Those offering support may spend 10,000 credits to represent using materials that will aid the support granting them a +2 to their support roll for that round.

Cost 50 PPE
    Ley Line Nexus and veteran rank 3d8 Additional PPE available.
    Shifters add two dice to the PPE available +2d8 PPE
    Total 5d8 PPE available
    Lawrence rolled on 6/11/2022 at 2:22 Pacific Time and generated 24 PPE.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Sabrek Vek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sabrek Vek »

Sabrick runs around the ship trying to find put any loose items in a nearby storage compartment or if it is not an option he will use straps, ropes or whatever is available to
Athletics: d12!: [9] = 9 , d6!: [6!, 3] = 9
. My first major event with this crew and I don’t have any applicable skills. I need to make sure I do this task well. I will show my worth on the battlefield but I need to offer other contributions.
Dice rolls
1d6!: [3] = 3
d6!: [4] = 4
Grazz

Post by Grazz »

WIP
Dice rolls
Psionics 1d12!!+1: [9]+1 = 10
Wild 1d6!!: [9!!] = 9
Berkyn of Celik

Lawrence was relatively quiet on the ride down to the planet's surface in the shuttle. The shifter could feel the magical energies of the Nexus as they got closer. It wouldn't be a problem to tap into them and rip a portal open. Getting it to open to where they wanted to go was a little harder and then teleporting the Remorseless from this side of the portal to the other...well...it was theoretically possible.

As the shuttle made its final approach, Lawrence opened his eyes, rolled his shoulders, and flexed threaded fingers to crack his knuckles.

"This should take about half an hour. Just make sure D.O. is ready when the time comes."

The shifter took a deep breath and
1d10!!: [9] = 9 1d6!!: [5] = 5 free reroll 1d10!!: [7] = 7 1d6!!: [5] = 5 Spend Benny 1d10!!: [1] = 1 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Spend 2nd Benny 1d10!!: [2] = 2 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7 Spend 3rd Benny 1d10!!: [2] = 2 1d6!!: [3] = 3 +1 from Staff -7 from task +2 from Support =5
himself up to the Nexus. He could feel the eldritch energies taking shape but he couldn't hold them. It was too much, like trying to hold onto a viscous liquid it just slipped through his fingers.

But then Grazz was there. Whatever he did, the dragon's massive occult presence anchored the shifter and Lawrence with sweat beading between his horns, wrenched energies into the shape of the portal.

"Now to open it..."

OOC Comments
1 Success for Round 1 with the Support
Last edited by Berkyn of Celik on Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

OOC Comments
Spellcasting 1d10!!-2 1d6!!-2: [5]-2+[1]-2 = 2

Benny 1d10!!-2 1d6!!-2: [4]-2+[5]-2 = 5

Benny
1d10!!-2 1d6!!-2: [3]-2+[5]-2 = 4
Benny
1d10!!-2 1d6!!-2: [5]-2+[2]-2 = 3

Benny EP 1d10!!-2 1d6!!-2: [2]-2+[5]-2 = 3

2nd EP Benny 1d10!!-2 1d6!!-2: [9]-2+[2]-2 = 7
Nimbus listens carefully as the Shifter begins to speak the words. It's been a while since he's done anything like this, temporal magic wasn't his strong suit, but nonetheless he listened for a few seconds and then found himself getting back into the rhythms of this particular incantation. It didn't help that @Lawrence Benson had a weird accent, but with a monumental effort Nimbus was able to speak well enough to help channel the twisted space-time magics, allowing Lawrence to focus more on the geometrical aspects.
Vinghab

Post by Vinghab »

"You know, I actually participated in a similar ceremony on Cheval-5. Sure, there's science to it. But it's really an art, and I have a knack...and I think I have a few leftovers?"
Collecting some miscellaneous odds and ends from his quarters, Vinghab joins @Lawrence Benson in
Occult at penalty: 1d6!!-3: [8!!]-3 = 5
WD Occult: 1d6!!-3: [5]-3 = 2
Benny Occult with Elan: 1d6!!-1: [2]-1 = 1
Benny WD Occult: 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
2nd Benny Occult with spent credits: 1d6!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
2nd WD Benny: 1d6!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
. With more arcane talent than one might expect, Vinghab pitches in, offering some helpful tips and proper language for the execution of the rift opening.
Vinghab
Vinghab
Current Status Post
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

The ship groaned alarmingly and began shaking as Death Otter began the descent from orbit. Even with the defensive force fields entirely focused into an aerodynamic cone ahead of the ship, there was turbulence to contend with along with the ever increasing drag of the planet's gravitational field. The Remorseless, built at an orbital shipyard and never having had to get this close to a planetary body, was struggling under the stresses.

Sabrick had done his job well though; the hatches stayed battened, and nothing was loose as the local pull of gravity within the ship started to shift towards the rear...the shipboard artificial field being overwhelmed by the planet's much greater attraction. Otter herself, strapped into a chair, didn't even register the change. Her mind was entirely within the ship's computer, bombarded by a hundred flashing yellow and red alerts from components exceeding their rated stress levels. Maintaining the shield envelope and trying to use it's shape as a sort of ad hoc control surface. Keeping the engine thrust load balanced to avoid a catastrophic tumble, while simultaneously using slight variations in thrust to try to adjust the angle of descent to target the spot the rift was being created. Doing her best to direct automated systems in supporting the structural elements that were having the hardest time handling their own weight. She had a feeling the emergency backup shielding would be needed to reinforce some of the struts and hull sections, so she was plinking away at some code to do that when the time came as well.

It was, in short, a mess. Like playing five concurrent games of chess, three against grand masters, one with a ten year old prodigy, and one with just a kitten who wanted to knock over all the pieces and bat them around, all in her head.

And yet, somehow, incredibly, the altimeter showed a steady decline. The Remorseless was a comet; its force field wreathed in the flames of re-entry and waste heat from its main drives...but it wasn't burning up. Otter knew the next task would be an order of magnitude more difficult, but even just getting this big ungainly whale of a ship down intact through atmosphere was a freaking miracle and she was HERE FOR IT.

Rolls: Piloting (Hacking) roll of 8!
Hacking (to Pilot via Machine Control) 1d12-2!! 1d6-2!!: [1]-2+[4]-2 = 1
Hacking (Genius Reroll) 1d12-2!! 1d6-2!!: [8]-2+[1]-2 = 5
Raise with the Ace bonus!
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Sabrick Card 1d56: [56] = 56 = Joker, Everyone gets a benny
Grazz Card 1d56: [17] = 17 = 6 of Clubs additional -2 to your support
Vinghab card 1d56: [6] = 6 = 3 of diamonds
Boon Card (Quick ignore from 1 to 16) 1d56: [41] = 41 = Queen of Clubs
Lawernce card 1d56: [17] = 17 = 6 of Clubs additional -2 to your support
Death Otter 1d56 or 1d56: [4]+[16] = 20 = 2 of Spades or 5 of Spades
Nimbus 1d56: [49] = 49 = Ace of Clubs

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

As the ritual progresses Lawrence feels there is more resistance than he initially expected as the planet’s magic refuses to be shaped as easily as it should be. Storm energy builds up as lightning begins disturbing everything. He can tell it seems a ley line storm may be brewing, and that could be a very bad thing!

Death Otter’s amazing skills combined with the help of Grazz and Sabrick are able to keep the ship together as they head down into the atmosphere. But as she pulls in she sees what looks like a ley line storm beginning to brew at the site of the ritual. Dang it, this may not be good...

GM Note: End of Q Resources and Advancement will not refresh until after the task is completed.

Dangerous Ship Maneuvers! (Death Otter, Grazz, Sabrick)
@Sabrick_Vek you have a Joker and are +2 to support this round.
@Grazz you have a club and are -2 to support this round.
@Death Otter you have a spade and have no additional modifier.
@Death Otter, you are one of the best pilots in the three galaxies. You got this!
Rather than three rounds of Dramatic Task with a -8, I have decided to make this, three separate tasks. Each round we will only roll one of these. DO NOT FORGET SUPPORT!

Task A1: Get the remorseless into an atmosphere and close to the position the ritual is being performed!

Roll Piloting at -6. You are entering the atmosphere and trying to get close to the earth. A raise here will grant +2 to the next roll.
- Failure = You bounce off the ionosphere! Try around next round but with a -2 MAP on both Task 1 and Task 2 as they both will be needed.
- Critical Failure = You crash against the ionosphere! The damage to the remorseless is enough you know you will not be able to do this as the engines take a severe Technical Difficulty.

You can preview the next two task if you would like.
NAILED IT! With a Raise you are +2 on Task 2.

Task A2: Hold this position while the ritual finishes...
Roll Piloting at -8. You need to keep it here so you can get through the portal as soon as it pops open.
A raise here will grant +2 to the next roll.

Preview of Task A3: Dart through the portal and escape this new miserable rock!
Roll piloting -6. On a raise you hesitate just long enough on the other side Lawrence/others with the power can spend PPE to teleport into the ship without even rolling.
May be supported only by Piloting or Electronics.
I am a Master of Time and Space, this is what I do! (Lawrence, Nimbus, Vinghab)
Start of Round 2, you have 1 token and need 4
@Lawrence Benson you have a club and suffer an additional -2 this round.
@Nimbus you have a club and suffer an additional -2 this round.
@Vinghab you have a diamond and suffer no additional modifiers.

@Lawrence Benson you need to open this rift up. This is a challenging dramatic task. You need 4 tokens in 3 rounds, failure on a club will fail the whole task catastrophically. Critical failure in round one or two will remove a token. You may chose not to roll in any round except the 3rd round where you are required to roll. The actual roll to open the rift and expand it will be the roll made in round 3.

Your roll to open the Rift is Spellcasting -7. Each round is 10 minutes.
    - Maximum bonus from others is +4, they may only support with Spellcasting -3 or Occult at -3. Those offering support may spend 10,000 credits to represent using materials that will aid the support granting them a +2 to their support roll for that round.
Please ignore this unless you want to know what craziness Rob was thinking.
A mechanical explanation of the task.
  • Dimensional Portal (Iconic Edge) pg 29, selected at veteran by Lawrence and in the group options
  • Blood and Banes page 29: 100 PPE and Spellcasting roll at -4 to open a portal to a location in the same dimension.
  • Blood and Banes page 29: Shifters pay 50% of this for 50 PPE.
  • Blood and Banes page 16: Shift Reality, shifters get +4 to open rifts. (effectively ignoring the base penalty, see page 29)
  • Ritual will allow this to change and allow drawing the PPE.
    - 6’ portal will effectively be considered a SMT.
    - 3 steps goes from SBT, to MBT, to LBT, finally to Spirit *2 diameter!
    - TLPG page 122, last paragraph “A Challenging ritual grants 1 improvements” conveniently what we need.
    - TLPG page 123, last paragraph “the same improvement may be selected multiple times”. Followed by the last sentence under Improved effect on page 123. “The caster may increase the effect multiple times—each additional increase incurs a cumulative −1 to the Dramatic Task’s Arcane Skill rolls.”
    - This totals to a Challenging Dramatic Task at -3.

Cost 50 PPE
    Ley Line Nexus and veteran rank 3d8 Additional PPE available.
    Shifters add two dice to the PPE available +2d8 PPE
    Total 5d8 PPE available
    Lawrence rolled on 6/11/2022 at 2:22 Pacific Time and generated 24 PPE.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Berkyn of Celik

1d56: [36] = 36 2nd Benny for new card 1d56: [50] = 50

Lawrence had a hold of the energies of the Rift. Now all he had to do was to open them wide enough and long enough for the Remorseless to slip through. Not as easy as it looked. He
1d10: [9] = 9 1d6: [2] = 2 Free re-roll 1d10: [7] = 7 1d6: [1] = 1 Benny 1d10: [1] = 1 1d6: [2] = 2 +4 total support =7
his magical energy and began to mimic the motion of pulling apart T'Zee string cheese with his hands. At first it began to slip out of control and he sensed creatures that lived between dimensions looking to use the tear in reality to slip through. Sweat began to bead on the Shifter's brow. There was no way he could hold it and fight off the creatures at the same time.

But then they were gone. Vinghab was saying something. The Rulian must have done something to take care of the problem. Still, the momentary distraction was making the stabilization of the Rift more difficult than it needed to be. Feeling the magical presence of Nimbus, Lawrence transferred some of the work to the mysterious Intel Operative.

"Hold this for a sec."

Nimbus caught it and, for the briefest of moments, was able to hold the eldritch energy and allow Lawrence to 'shift his grip' on reality. The portal opened and stabilized. Lawrence could even see the expanse of space on the other side. All that was left was to get everyone through.

"Now its just a matter of forcing a three dimensional peg through a four dimensional hole.

OOC Comments
Total of 1 success this round so 2 total with 2 more needed in the final round
Last edited by Berkyn of Celik on Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

Now came the hard part. The really hard part. As the Remorseless broke through the cloud layer and the ground became visible far below, Death Otter had to increase the thrust and essentially try to 'hover' the ship in midair, disastrously close to the surface, so it would be close to the rift when it formed. It was an operation akin to keeping a skyscraper balanced on four rocket engines going at nearly full blast. And just to make things fun, there was a brisk wind coming across the valley, and of course the exhaust radiation from the drive was kicking up huge plumes of ionized dust from the surface.

And the engines weren't having it. Death Otter barely caught it in time; the third drive unit was going into emergency shutdown. She could route reserve coolant to it, but it had happened too fast. Once it shut down, even if the emergency had been corrected in the short term, it would enter a mandatory, hardwired cooldown period. And the Remorseless wouldn't have the thrust it needed to hover when it cut out, even if it was only out for a few seconds.

"Sabrick!" her voice warbled through the ship's intercom, distorted by bone-jarring vibration and garbled electronics. "Get to engineering! There's a relay in the maintenance tube for Drive Three that's about to open! I need you to smash the glass and KEEP THAT RELAY CLOSED or we are taking a NICE LONG VACATION ON THIS PLANET! Big red panel! Yellow and black stripes around it! Glass cover!"

Note
Just setting up the support roll for Sabrick. Not rolling just yet for myself.
Sabrek Vek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sabrek Vek »

Death Otter wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:29 pm "Sabrick!" her voice warbled through the ship's intercom, distorted by bone-jarring vibration and garbled electronics. "Get to engineering! There's a relay in the maintenance tube for Drive Three that's about to open! I need you to smash the glass and KEEP THAT RELAY CLOSED or we are taking a NICE LONG VACATION ON THIS PLANET! Big red panel! Yellow and black stripes around it! Glass cover!"
Sabrick without missing a beat makes a b-line to engineering. I can’t screw this up.He quickly finds the relay. He smashes the glass Death Otter described. He musters all his strength as he sees the relay begin to open, to slam it shut and hold it. He screams hoping coms hear him, “I have it held shut!!!!”
Support Roll(Athletics)
d12!+2: [10]+2 = 12 , d6!+2: [3]+2 = 5
Grazz

Post by Grazz »

@Death Otter should be grateful that Grazz was a masterful mind bender. Humans were weak and only saw the world around them in 3 dimensions. They did not have the power and mental superiority that was need to see the world in it's true nature. A nature of unlimited dimensions, each bending and twisting in on each other. Understanding these dimensions and using them was gave dragons their natural power. It was why dragons were could do anything. Grazz had already given Death Otter a brief glimpse of how a dragon saw the world. But Grazz had to be careful the human mind could not understand the world as it was. To much of a glimpse and Grazz would break Otter's frail mind. So with great care Grazz slowly opened her eyes one more time to the world around her. Grazz allowed he see more of the dimensions, not all because that would destroy her mind but enough to understand how to move the ship through the world.
Psionics 1d12+1: [7]+1 = 8 Wild 1d6!!: [7!!] = 7
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

The Remorseless screamed. The superstructure was stretching as gravity tore it down and the drive thrusters tried to lift it up. Death Otter had to divert every erg of power into the defensive forcefields and run it with the hastily-cobbled software she'd coded that caused it to hug the hull plating, offering it additional structural support. Virtually useless for combat in that configuration, but it was probably the only thing that kept the ship from just shearing in half.

Meanwhile, there was the little problem of balancing the thrusters. Sabrick's inhumanly fast action managed to snatch stalemate from the jaws of certain death, however. He seemed to fly across Engineering, paying no heed to how gravity was pulling the wrong direction, and hauled his slightly-too-large bulk through the cramped space of the maintenance tube. The warning lights were already going off when he got there. With no time to lose, he simply punched through the glass cover directly, ignoring the pinpricks of glass in his knuckles as he grabbed the metal of the relay coupling just as the magnets that held them together buzzed and cut off. Immediately springs tensed and tried to yank the two edges of the relay apart, mechanically cutting the engine's power feed out; a last ditch emergency effort to stave off catastrophic damage. Normally, doing what Sabrick was doing would be an incredibly bad idea, and it was FOR CERTAIN that the Remorseless' warranty was NOT going to be honored..but though it took all of his strength, working through a very awkwardly small window, he was able to keep the power to the third engine engaged. Less than a second later he could just barely smell the acrid tinge of coolant flooding the beleaguered engine. In time to stop it from melting down, but it wouldn't have been in time to stop it from shutting down.

There was another looming problem though, and this wasn't one that could be solved with brute force. Death Otter's mind was something that was quite possibly unique in the Three Galaxies. A prodigy in digital code and computers from a young age with a psionic affinity for connecting to them, who received highly experimental nanotechnology that merged her brain and nervous system with an artificially intelligent quantum computer. A blending of biology, paranormal ability, and the very bleeding edge of technology. But even she had her limits, and this operation was exceeding them. There was just too MUCH. Hundreds of systems, all in constant crisis, all needing energy to be shuffled and reshuffled, all needing to be directed and redirected. The ship's own AI was useless; they were light-years away from any scenario it had been trained to cope with. Breaking every rule ever written. To have gotten this far without burning up or breaking up or hitting the planet or skipping off the atmosphere was nothing short of a miracle, but trying to do all that PLUS carefully directing the ship to a very specific spot on the planet's surface while also slowing their descent to hover at that spot... That was going to take more than just a miracle.

And that's when Grazzt stepped in.

As a newly hatched dragon, he didn't bring knowledge to the table. He brought something altogether vastly more useful. Through his mind, through his borrowed perceptions, he lent Death Otter his instincts. Automatic processing that didn't require conscious thought. Suddenly complicated calculations to determine thrust ratios to arrest a lateral spin and adjust trajectory weren't things that Death Otter had to devote neural clock-cycles to figure out...she just knew how to do it. As if she'd been born knowing. Those clock cycles could then be used instead to keep the structural forcefield reinforced at critical areas, or any of another dozen things that would have doomed the ship if they didn't get handled.

Those on the ground were, as a result, treated to an impossible sight. From above there was a sound like thunder, a sound like an explosion. A shockwave rippled through the air up high, pushing aside the thin high altitude clouds into a vast ring. Through the center of that ring was a lance of fire. The cometary re-entry of the Remorseless. For a terrifying minute it got bigger and bigger, always seeming as if something must be coming off...but somehow nothing ever did. As it got closer they could hear the roar of it, feel the heat baking off of it even from the ground. It slowed as it came down, and the flaming halo of re-entry faded, replaced by the plume of bluer, fainter light that radiated out from the drive structures. Reactionless thrusters, they nevertheless released considerable waste energy in the form of heat, light and less friendly radiation.

Fortunately for the ground team, Death Otter's aim...augmented by Grazzt's draconic intuition...was true. She didn't descend miles away, too far to pull this off, and she didn't come down right on top of them, frying them into piles of Biblical ashes. Rather, the Remorseless descended from on high with almost stately grace, despite being manifestly unsuited for this environment. The enormous 'wings' of the stealth systems, connected to the ship's body via struts, the engine pods poking out in awkwardly unstreamlined angles...the Remorseless shouldn't BE here. Seeing it was surreal, like seeing three whales strapped to one another hovering in midair.

Death Otter's voice crackled over the comms then, audibly strained. "We cannot stay here...<static>...get it open!"

Rolls: Pilot (Hacking) 12!
Okay Pilot (Hacking) roll at -8. I'm at +2 from the raise on the previous roll, +2 for Interface, +2 for Ace, and I have a total of +4 for the masterful support from my crewmates.

Total modifier: +2

Hacking 1d12!! or 1d6!!: [10]+[3] = 13
Hacking reroll 1d12!! or 1d6!!: [4]+[1] = 5
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

OOC Comments
Spellcasting 1d10!!-1 1d6!!-1: [3]-1+[2]-1 = 3

Benny
Spellcasting 1d10!!-1 1d6!!-1: [2]-1+[2]-1 = 2

Benny
Spellcasting 1d10!!-1 1d6!!-1: [24!!]-1+[1]-1 = 23

Nimbus grimaced feeling the cold energies wriggling between his fingers. Then he noticed it, a pattern. Something about this was actually pretty interesting, and Nimbus had a flash of genius which told him the exact cadence to chant and he did so with a smile, giving the magical power a little squeeze.
Vinghab

Post by Vinghab »

"Oh, NOW I remember the line!"
Vinghab's recollection of Cheval-5 clicked. The "science" of spellcasting, inasmuch as there is one, is about placement of reagents, at least here. The line to be spoken as the bowl of crushed wormwood incense is placed on the exact line is in a very specific dialect of Gorgonese...which, thankfully,
Occult with credits: 1d6!!-1: [3]-1 = 2
WD Occult: 1d6!!-1: [4]-1 = 3
Benny occult with Elan: 1d6!!+1: [5]+1 = 6
WD Benny Occult: 1d6!!+1: [3]+1 = 4
2nd Benny Occult: 1d6!!+1: [1]+1 = 2
2nd WD Benny: 1d6!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
3rd Benny: 1d6!!+1: [2]+1 = 3
3rd WD Benny: 1d6!!+1: [11!!]+1 = 12
+2 to Lawrence's roll
. But his "passing familiarity", as Vinghab's luck would have it, is better than most. So with a mix of hideous and musical sounds beyond the tongue of most sentients, Vinghab rattles off the line just in time to stop some freakish tentacled monster from wiggling its digit the wrong way through the portal @Lawrence Benson is in the middle of opening. "Oooh, did you see that? Don't look! I got it. Never mind."
Vinghab
Vinghab
Current Status Post
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Time for Round 3.

With no clubs, you have it in the bag!

Sabrick Card 1d56, Grazz Card 1d56, Vinghab card 1d56, Boon Card (Quick) 1d56, Lawernce card 1d56, Death Otter 1d56 or 1d56, Nimbus 1d56: [10]+[28]+[10]+[27]+[19]+[27]+[48]+[48] = 217

Sabrick Card 10 = 4 of Diamonds
Grazz Card 28 = 8 of Spades
Vinghab card 10 = 4 of Diamonds
Boon Card (Quick ignore from 1 to 16) 27 = 8 or Hearts
Lawernce card 19 = 6 of Hearts
Death Otter 27 or 48 = King of Spades
Nimbus 48 = King of Spades

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

+1 for Lawrence Benson
Spellcasting 1d10!!-3 1d6!!-3: [7]-3+[5]-3 = 6
Nimbus has a firm grasp on the effect now, quickly analyzing the most routine parts of the incantation. He begins to repeat them, taking over the thankless grunt work so that @Lawrence Benson can do the hard part.
Sabrek Vek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sabrek Vek »

I apologize for my hubris. Not sure since I couldn’t hit 4 in 4 rolls, I am worth using a donation.
Repair Skill Roll = 1d4!: [1] = 1 , 1d6!: [1] = 1
-2 two to Death Otter’s Roll 🤬
Sabrick is on his way to the bridge, when a panel blows off and the corridor and sparks fly. The panel opens to power connectors. His Implant analyzes and shows him he can reroute the power by switching connector. He pulls out a wire and suddenly his implant glitches. He is now seeing the panel with out the holographic overlay of his implant. He is almost certain that he remembers the correct connections so he plugs the wire in. Without his implant he is not sure if it worked but nothing blows up so he begins walking to the bridge proud of his endeavor. He is holding the walls of the. corridor as he proceeds to stay standing during Death Otter’s Gravity defying piloting. “CAPTAIN!!!! How are we looking?” How is she making something as big as the Remorseless move like this?.
Dice rolls
1d6!: [5] = 5
1d4!: [3] = 3
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Grazz was surprised that @Death Otter mind had not melted. Grazz was opening the mind beyond all human limits. Grazz decided to see how far Grazz could push the mind until it snapped. Grazz was opening new pathways when suddenly an alarm went off. Grazz ignored it but a second alarm went off. The alarm said there was a hull breach. If the hull breach expanded and tore the ship apart Grazz would survive. But Grazz would be stuck here until someone showed up and that could take hundreds of years.

With a mighty roar that shook the entire ship Grazz released Death Otters brain and went hunting. As Grazz was heading to the lower deck to secure the hull breach Grazz saw @Sabrick_Vek in an access panel rearraigning power connectors. As Sabrick looks up and smiles the port engine goes dead and the remorseless is thrown into a violent yaw. Grazz can not fix the port engine but he can eat Sabrick before Sabrick breaks anything else. Sabrick looks up to see that Grazz is not happy. In fact Grazz is reverting back to his dragon form. Suddenly all of those sharp teeth are mere inches from Sabrick's head. In a moment of insight Sabrick turns and flees down the corridor. Grazz tears down the corridor after Sabrick. Grazz is hampered in the corridor by Grazz's massive size. Everytime Grazz gets close to Sabrick, Sabrick ducks through a space too small for Grazz. But Grazz does not worry, Grazz will find Sabrick sooner or later and then he will feast.

psionics 1d12+2: [3]+2 = 5
wild d6!!: [4] = 4
benny d12!!+2: [5]+2 = 7
benny wild d6!!: [2] = 2
benny 2 sorry it is +1 not +2 d12!!+1: [5]+1 = 6
benny 2 wild d6!!: [2] = 2
use them or lose them d12!!+1: [10]+1 = 11
use it wild d6!!: [4] = 4
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

Death Otter was only barely cognizant of the drama playing out through engineering and the hangar; there just wasn't time to check in with the internal sensor net. Grazzt's mind-expanding influence left her, but he'd given her an idea. Using the ship's VR interface, Otter did a quick and dirty bit of hacking to create an environment that translated shipboard systems and actions into a wide range of human-normal sensory inputs and actions. It went a step farther than the usual sense of 'being' that interfacing with the ship gave her. It meant she could represent abstract dangers like 'I have to constantly adjust thrust vectors between the engines to maintain position without tilting the ship over or spraying Lawrence and the others with waste radiation' as something like balancing her own body on a post. Something her human brain was wired to do by instinct. In the end, the interface grew organically into a sort of gamified construct, which tapped not only into her enhanced neural speed and capacity but into a lifetime of intensely competitive playing of all manner of computerized games. Difficult tasks became reflexive, instinctive, and the task of keeping the vast bulk of the Remorseless in a stable spot went from being a mathematical impossibility to...almost easy. Oh, a challenge, but the achievable kind of challenge, like speedrunning Elder Orb V.

The rift formed, and Otter realized that it was interacting with the Remorseless' artificial gravity. She saw a chance to use the gravity system...useless this close to a planet anyway...to tap into the distorted spacetime near the rift and create a 'shallow' antigravitational envelope around the ship. And THAT would vastly simplify the problem of maneuvering through the rift!

"Clear out of the maintenance tube," Otter's voice buzzed through Engineering. She was unaware that Grazzt had already done this, turning what would have been a very awkward situation into a very simple one. "This is gonna flood the engine with e-radiation, but I think it's our best shot."

E-radiation, or 'exotic' radiation, was the term applied to the radiation coming from extremely stressed regions of spacetime; usually manifesting as high energy electromagnetic radiation resulting from areas of elevated 'zero point' energy that were snapping back down to their ground state. It was unpredictable though, and while typically short-ranged, was very dangerous within the area of the anomaly. FTL drives emitted it in droves, so spaceships were shielded in their outer hulls, and their artificial gravity and shields stabilized spacetime within the ship to prevent it from manifesting within. However, messing with the gravity systems like this...well...it had risks. She could contain the exposure though. She was...like...60% sure of it.

Streams of ghostly greenish-blue fire blazed along the Remorseless' engine nacelles, clearly visible even in the daylight to the people outside. Like St Elmo's Fire of old, it outlined the ship, then reached out along invisible tensor lines of spatial stress towards the rift. The forming antigravitational field meant that Otter didn't need as much thrust to keep the ship aloft though, which meant it was safer for the ground team to get closer to...which meant that it would be MUCH easier to use their powers to teleport back on board before the next step.

Somehow, wreathed in that unearthly pale flame, the Remorseless went from an ungainly thing to something almost suited to floating in the air. Like a balloon, perhaps, it hung there...no longer wobbling from side to side as the engines frantically tried to keep it stable. It became almost serene. Death Otter's voice called out from one of the external loudspeakers.

"Last call, we're going through the rift in fifteen seconds. And avoid engineering until further notice. It is gonna need a little decontamination."

Slowly, majestically, the bulk of the ship drifted towards the rift, streams of energy swirling out between the two to connect them as it got closer.

It was time.

Now, before the blooming spatial anomaly started leaking radiation outside its containment. Now before Otter's mental exhaustion caught up with her and everything collapsed. Now before Sabrick and Grazzt killed each other, or damaged the ship in their brawl. There was this one moment, like a cut diamond in the river of time, faceted and perfect.

Remorseless tilted over, and its engines flared just a little...propelling the vessel directly at the rift that had been torn in space and time.

Rolls: Piloting 23
Piloting at -6. No net modifier from support. +2 from the raise last action, +2 from Interface, +2 from Ace.
Piloting (Hacking via Machine Control): 1d12!! 1d6!!: [23!!]+[2] = 25
Genius Reroll: 1d12!! 1d6!!: [7]+[11!!] = 18
Last edited by Death Otter on Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berkyn of Celik

Lawrence gave a subtle nod to Nimbus as he the mage once again helped stabilize the portal. Although he couldn't see it, he heard the roar of the Remorseless' engines as the ship burned into the atmosphere.

Right on time, Death Otter

It was now or never. Lawrence had to teleport the ship through to the other side of the portal and get Nimbus, Vinghab, and himself teleported back onto the ship. Timing had to be perfect as as soon as he had to let go of the portal to cast the teleport spell. He hoped the portal would stay open long enough for this to work. If it didn't...well best not think like that. He threw his arms wide and sent more magical energy into the rift. In response the portal flared just a bit wider in response. The shifter then let go and reached out and caught the dimensional signatures of Nimbus and Vinghab. Spinning on his heel, his duster flaring out behind him, he looked directly into the main viewport of the Remorseless and
1d10!!: [8] = 8 1d6!!: [3] = 3 Free reroll 1d10!!: [19!!] = 19 1d6!!: [5] = 5 +1 from staff +1 support +2 survey -7
task = 16

OOC Comments
16 Four successes

Sabrek Vek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sabrek Vek »

Technospawn wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:29 am Grazz was surprised that @Death Otter mind had not melted. Grazz was opening the mind beyond all human limits. Grazz decided to see how far Grazz could push the mind until it snapped. Grazz was opening new pathways when suddenly an alarm went off. Grazz ignored it but a second alarm went off. The alarm said there was a hull breach. If the hull breach expanded and tore the ship apart Grazz would survive. But Grazz would be stuck here until someone showed up and that could take hundreds of years.

With a mighty roar that shook the entire ship Grazz released Death Otters brain and went hunting. As Grazz was heading to the lower deck to secure the hull breach Grazz saw @Sabrick_Vek in an access panel rearraigning power connectors. As Sabrick looks up and smiles the port engine goes dead and the remorseless is thrown into a violent yaw. Grazz can not fix the port engine but he can eat Sabrick before Sabrick breaks anything else. Sabrick looks up to see that Grazz is not happy. In fact Grazz is reverting back to his dragon form. Suddenly all of those sharp teeth are mere inches from Sabrick's head. In a moment of insight Sabrick turns and flees down the corridor. Grazz tears down the corridor after Sabrick. Grazz is hampered in the corridor by Grazz's massive size. Everytime Grazz gets close to Sabrick, Sabrick ducks through a space too small for Grazz. But Grazz does not worry, Grazz will find Sabrick sooner or later and then he will feast.
As Sabrick runs through the corridor, he uses every chance he can to diminish the size of each access point creating distance allowing him to get to his destination. I can't afford to fight a fellow crew member in an area in which damage can harm our endeavor, especially at this point in the process. Grazz apparently lacks such restraint. I have failed in my task but I will answer to Death Otter for such failure, Grazz's behavior is reckless. I will keep him at bay until we have succeeded in our task. He finally makes his way to his destination, the cargo bay. There he will make his stand. There damage can be minimized. There he will engage in honorable combat. If Grazz means to eat me, he will find I am a most disagreeable meal. Sometimes creatures like Graz see strength as the only suitable indication of worth. Grazz is about to find out how worthy I really am. He lays his Vibrosword on top of a container. Takes his shield off his back and readies himself for combat. As Grazz enters the cargo bay, Sabrick says "If it is a fight you want, then it is a fight you shall have."
Technospawn
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Technospawn »

Sabrick_Vek wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:01 am
As Sabrick runs through the corridor, he uses every chance he can to diminish the size of each access point creating distance allowing him to get to his destination. I can't afford to fight a fellow crew member in an area in which damage can harm our endeavor, especially at this point in the process. Grazz apparently lacks such restraint. I have failed in my task but I will answer to Death Otter for such failure, Grazz's behavior is reckless. I will keep him at bay until we have succeeded in our task. He finally makes his way to his destination, the cargo bay. There he will make his stand. There damage can be minimized. There he will engage in honorable combat. If Grazz means to eat me, he will find I am a most disagreeable meal. Sometimes creatures like Graz see strength as the only suitable indication of worth. Grazz is about to find out how worthy I really am. He lays his Vibrosword on top of a container. Takes his shield off his back and readies himself for combat. As Grazz enters the cargo bay, Sabrick says "If it is a fight you want, then it is a fight you shall have."
Grazz roared at @Sabrick_Vek "Sabrick endangered the mission. Sabrick showed weakness by playing with things he did not understand. Grazz will remove that weakness from Sabrick. Sabrick will learn to not endanger Grazz by being weak."

Grazz rushed forward and whipped Grazz's tail around slamming into Sabrick. the tail lash sent Sabrick flying across the hanger. Sabrick stood up and smiled and he rushed forawrd and slammed in Grazz's with his shield. Grazz reached down to grab Sabrick but Sabrick danced back fast enough that Grazz missed. Then Sabrick throw that damn shield at Grazz's wrist. the impact stung and Grazz roared again. The fight went on for several minutes until then away team materialized in the hanger.

Grazz stopped and look at Sabrick covered in bruises and bleeding from a few spots. "Hopefully the weakness has left Sabrick's body. Next time I will eat the weak."

Grazz moved over to a far corner of the hanger to lay down.Grazz thought about the fight. Sabrick is better than I thought but is still young and foolish. Grazz will make Sabrick strong. If Sabrick can not get strong then Grazz will eat Sabrick. Grazz tried not to think of Grazz's own bruises. to admit Grazz was hurt is weakness and Grazz is not weak.
GM Stuff
Initiative

Code: Select all

[b][color=#BF0000] Initiative[/b]
I will roll 1d56 for each of your initiative cards. I do not reroll duplicates, instead there are 2 extra Joker positions. Ties can be broken by an athletics roll.
[list][*][b]Lowest card goes first[/b]
[*][b]Quick rerolls 41 or higher[/b]
[*]1, 2, 3, 4 are considered Jokers
[*]Cards divisible by 4 are considered Clubs for hindrances affected by Clubs (excepting 4 which is a joker).[/list][/color][/b]
Savage Realms Bennies
GM = 7/7 Jarierth = 0/2
Vinghab

Post by Vinghab »

Vinghab has enough savvy about such things to know when to push, when to pray, and when to shut up. Between @Nimbus' chants and @Lawrence Benson's arcane abilities on full display, Vinghab knew he wasn't needed for this part. Not even some well-intentioned encouragement was needed here. You never knew what could throw off a rift-opening ceremony, and you definitely knew you didn't want to roll the dice on the results of that sort of foolishness. So with barely a slight smile, he watches as the ceremony is completed and the portal opens. The thundering of the Remorseless hovering above their heads only occurred to him after the ritual was done. Maybe he was more focused than he thought. I'm glad @Death Otter's at the stick there, because nobody else could've pulled that off!
Vinghab
Vinghab
Current Status Post
Sabrek Vek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Sabrek Vek »

Technospawn wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:43 am
Grazz roared at @Sabrick_Vek "Sabrick endangered the mission. Sabrick showed weakness by playing with things he did not understand. Grazz will remove that weakness from Sabrick. Sabrick will learn to not endanger Grazz by being weak."

Grazz rushed forward and whipped Grazz's tail around slamming into Sabrick. the tail lash sent Sabrick flying across the hanger. Sabrick stood up and smiled and he rushed forawrd and slammed in Grazz's with his shield. Grazz reached down to grab Sabrick but Sabrick danced back fast enough that Grazz missed. Then Sabrick throw that damn shield at Grazz's wrist. the impact stung and Grazz roared again. The fight went on for several minutes until then away team materialized in the hanger.

Grazz stopped and look at Sabrick covered in bruises and bleeding from a few spots. "Hopefully the weakness has left Sabrick's body. Next time I will eat the weak."

Grazz moved over to a far corner of the hanger to lay down.Grazz thought about the fight. Sabrick is better than I thought but is still young and foolish. Grazz will make Sabrick strong. If Sabrick can not get strong then Grazz will eat Sabrick. Grazz tried not to think of Grazz's own bruises. to admit Grazz was hurt is weakness and Grazz is not weak.
Sabrick watches Grazz lay down. He grabs his sword while hiding the fact he feels like he was hit by a frigate. He greets the away team and praises their success. Grazz demands and respects strength. I cannot say I was undeserving of the thrashing, but had we fought in the wrong spot on the ship we could of done much damage to our cause. As he is walking back to his quarters, as moves his arms to see where he is injured wincing when he is sure no one can see him. He assesses that he has several bruised ribs but that is something he has grown accustomed too. Nothing that would result in an inability to make these thieves answer for their crime. I am going to take a shower and clean up my gear before reporting to Death Otter to be reprimanded for my failure. As everyone gets situated over the next hour Sabrick showers and does any repairs need to his armor. He checks his weapons for any issues. He then suits up and heads to the bridge. “Captain Death Otter, I misaligned rerouting electrical in a panel. It could have caused the mission to fail. I am her to accept whatever reprimand you deem necessary.”

Return to “Phase World On the Job”