Aboard The Ship (Open Roleplay)

Ndreare
Savage Siri

Aboard The Ship (Open Roleplay)

Post by Ndreare »

Aboard the ship the crew often has many days or weeks onboard when going from one location to another. Some of the conversations held here have shaped their live more than the events that happen on planet or in Center.

This is an Open Roleplay Area: Post in character interludes, and stories interacting with each other. There is no die rolling needed.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Malcom Young

Re: Aboard The Ship (Open Roleplay)

Post by Malcom Young »

Malcom is pretty good with his hands. It turns out he's far better with a katana than anything, which is not something his original profession would suggest. However, he has the scientific knowledge needed to figure out how a spaceship works. The skills he picked up in the lab means he's also pretty capable of interfacing with and repairing the ships varying systems. And his teleportation lets him be anywhere he's needed in the blink of an eye.

Malcom decided to check the various systems today. The engines, weapons, and shield systems were in good repair as were the others he checked on. He was more interested in checking the electronic systems and making sure they're in good working order. Tech of this level can fail just as easily from faulty wiring as a missile to the engine.

He was about to head to engineering when he heard the door open behind him. Then he smelled it. Power Dump leaving the restroom. He pinched his nose with a translucent hand, the muscles contracting visibly under his skin.

"Jesus christ, PD. Fried space wasp again? I swear I tossed all that out after dinner last night," Malcom gasped.
Malcom Young
Temporus, Master of Space and Time
Pace: 6; Parry: 8 Toughness: 12(6)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Elan (+2 to the total result when using a benny).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Quick (When dealt initiative 5 or lower, redraw until higher than 5).
  • Pathwalking:
    • Free action to Activate.
    • Ignore any and all obscurement penalties except cover.
    • Enemies do not benefit from gang up vs Malcom.
    • Range penalties are halved.
    • -4 Penalty to be attacked unless caught unaware. May make Agility roll vs AoE Attack if aware to evade it.
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Power Dump looks at Malcom with dark expressionless eyes. Aware and yet... Did the bio wizard monster have some kind soul within that cared. The black tubes on his body seem to pump and transport some kind of viscous liquid to and around his body. The Thing on his chest, a large massive mouth with 48 gnashing teeth purrs at Malcom. Tendril veins went from the massive mouth up throughout Power Dumps chest. With about as much randomness as his irregular bio breaks, he grunts with the social charm of a loogie, ” Pathwalker, it is good to see you...” He holds up the battered copy of a book titled Dragonheart. ” Seymour likes you Pathwalker and he does get a bit wild when wasp is served... From the book, what do you think Bowmen means when he speaks to the young king about virtue?

Hi Lord spoke to me of virtue only once. The virtue of my name... There was none. I was a killer, created to secure the market. Hunt down Temporal Raiders with other hunters. My name was... Without Virtue.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Malcom Young

Post by Malcom Young »

Malcom is taken aback a moment by Power Dump's unexpectedly loaded question. But, Temporus is a superhero, and who better explain the nature of virtue than its exemplar?

Malcom smiles and says, "Virtue is about doing right, PD. King Eion knew the code; He was drilled in it every day by Bowen. Yet, as he grew older, he became more and more twisted. But virtue is also about holding to your convictions - especially when it is not easy. To treat others well, even when there's no benefit to you, and to never treat them poorly."

"But for King Eion, who was immortal and king, what point was there in spending lifetimes upholding a strict code? Never being able to take the easy road? Forever? He became the opposite of everything the code stood for, and with the power granted by his kingly station, he delved deep into the dark places of the human heart," Malcom explain.

Malcom knows that Power Dump is seeking a purpose, and he hopes that his words can encourage the troubled ex-mercenary, "Running from Virtue is what doomed King Eion. Choosing the easy road. Where I come from, they say that a man that stands for nothing will fall for anything. I think that's a simple way to explain it: King Eion had nothing to live his life for because he forsook the Old Code. Instead, he sought increasingly depraved ways of filling the hole of purposelessness in his soul. That is what virtue is, and why Bowen so desperately wanted to reawaken it within King Eion, PD."

Still holding his nose, Malcom asks, "Now, then, could we, uh...go anywhere else? My eyes are watering, man."
Malcom Young
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Pathwalking:
    • -4 Penalty to be attacked unless caught unaware. May make Agility roll vs AoE Attack if aware to evade it.
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Edit Signature
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Power Dump nods realizing Malcom’s meaning. ” The Code... Pathwalker, I do not sleep, I am immune to desise...” Power Dump looks to the restroom, ” I am immune to poison. I regenerate. With Seymour in me I have become immortal... But will not forsake the Old Code like the false king. Come let us see if my Lady has caught Seymour a mouse or two down in the bilge.” The mouthy thing in Power Dump’s chest chitters at the mention of mice. Something about the way its serated tounge swung back and forth dripping goops of siliavia might make one wonder if it could find the hero Malcom a bit more tasty. Power Dump laughs like a mule preying, ” Mwahaha, easy Seymour. The Pathwalker is no longer on the Everything Buffet.” While walking the bio borg’s pale dark eyes gaze with little emphathy at Malcom and a twisted smile forms on his lips, ” Do you ever wonder what would have happened if this book slipped from your pocket when they carted you into the Splynn Market?” He rubs the cover of Dragonheart and slips it into his pocketed jacket.

Best to keep the Old Code safe.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Jarle Vargr

Post by Jarle Vargr »

Jarle gets up from his bunk and rolls his shoulders. The gesture wholly unecessary as his mechanical muscles never needed to be limbered up. Sniffing the air, he smelled the digested remnants of fried space wasp.

Not again...

He shrugged into his longcoat and strapped on his CAF issue armor, noticing a hole where a stray plasma blast burned through.

Need to patch that up at some point..Why bother, though? It's only for show and they all know by now anyway. Shit, with this crew, a cyborg is the most normal thing about us...

Leaving his quarters, he rounded the corner see Malcolm and Power Dump mid-conversation. The nine foot tall Wolfen hesitates just a split second, trying to decide on whether to avoid them or not.

The thing in PD's chest gives me the creeps...but I guess it's no different from the nanites coursing through me...

Shrugging, Jarle contiues on.

"Wait up guys, I'll come with you. Nothing better to do right now, anyway."
Mox

Post by Mox »

Unlike some of his flesh and blood teammates, Mox does not have issue with spending extended periods of time bottled up inside EBA. As a result, he is often seen walking around the ship in the field mechanic suit. This 'day' is no different.

Having already checked the ship's systems (and happily recognizing that he isn't the only one to do so [Malcom FTW!]), Mox roams the ship. He isn't quite sure what he will find, but has done pretty well so far embracing his curiosities. Instead of sticking to the engineering space, he wanders the crew quarters and happens upon one of the mates more distant from the restroom fiasco.

"Greetings Sa'Maku." Mox begins, doing his best impression of the Consortium military welcome he had learned from the Seljuk the other day. Thinking that the honor-bound military man would prefer bluntness than small talk, Mox immediately gets to the meat of his questioning, "I would like to continue our discussion about the Seljuk culture. If you could please elaborate on your family dynamic on how that drove your decision to enlist in the military."

Mox is attentive in his listening and even cocks his head slightly at interesting points.
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

The alien robot, and its insatiable curiosity, both fascinates and puzzles Sa'Maku. In his time with Consortium he had seen many races and peoples, but this odd fellow was so stilted. Sometimes the big mercenary felt like feeding it false information just to see if he could get one over on it, but deceit at another's expense was not really his way. So, instead, he humors Mox and tries to truthfully answer its inquiries.

"I think the matter of my family is of little concern to you. No doubt it is safer for them if you know little about them. Seljuk culture is built around honor. While there is no formal code or list of commandments, our people generally strive toward bravery, courtesy, honor, and gallantry toward the less fortunate. These principles form the basis of or laws and government. Yet laws are rarely enforced, as it is a great embarrassment to dishonor oneself. Yet, on those matters which are enshrined in law failure carries strong punishment and can even mean death." The big Seljuk lets out a long hiss after that last part, as if it is a particularly sensitive matter.

"Military service is an honorable path. Many of our young enlist for a time. In addition to contributing to the Consortium we have a large independent defense force. Our sister planet Gemini 2, is one of the great hunting grounds of the galaxy. The supernatural activity tears rifts onto the planet regularly. Our forces rescue those who become stranded and hunt and kill the more egregious creatures that emerge. And that, Mox, is the end of my history lesson. If you wish to learn the path of honor, I would be happy to teach you. The first lesson: do not pry into a Seljuk's past. Judge him only on his present deeds."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Jarle Vargr wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:49 am Jarle gets up from his bunk and rolls his shoulders. The gesture wholly unecessary as his mechanical muscles never needed to be limbered up. Sniffing the air, he smelled the digested remnants of fried space wasp.

Not again...

He shrugged into his longcoat and strapped on his CAF issue armor, noticing a hole where a stray plasma blast burned through.

Need to patch that up at some point..Why bother, though? It's only for show and they all know by now anyway. Shit, with this crew, a cyborg is the most normal thing about us...

Leaving his quarters, he rounded the corner see Malcolm and Power Dump mid-conversation. The nine foot tall Wolfen hesitates just a split second, trying to decide on whether to avoid them or not.

The thing in PD's chest gives me the creeps...but I guess it's no different from the nanites coursing through me...

Shrugging, Jarle contiues on.

"Wait up guys, I'll come with you. Nothing better to do right now, anyway."
Power Dump’s dark eyes glance at the Star Marshall... Clearly he sees the wolfen, but one might wonder if he sees the light that burns bright in the Star Marshals breast. He frowns slightly and says, ” We were speaking of Virtue. I am still unfamiliar with the many galactic laws that populate this galaxy, hopefully were not violating any. In the Splynn dimentional market things were simpler...”

Images of the simplier time are always in my mind.

A woman's voice cries out, D’Norr... “I was just looking for my son...” Dead with a flip of my blade.
A snarl from a Lizard creature, Sauran. He is hungry and was caught stealing. He struggled for a time against my grip until expiring.

Power Dump smiles showing his mangled teeth glancing down at his right hand. His social ineptitude makes it seem like he is just opening his mouth and barring his teeth. An awakward smile to be sure. ” Yes Starmarshall, you would have found the law easy to enforce there. We are on our way to the Bilge. Hopefully Lady Arsenal has found a mouse or two for Seymour. Maybe not though... She seems quite interested in keeping the Thunder Duck in tip top shape.” The tendrilled basketball sized mouth on his chest extends its lower jaw and chatters.
OOC Comments
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Malcom Young

Post by Malcom Young »

Malcom answers Power Dump, "Somewhere inside you, PD, is the will to change. The Old Code is the form of that change, but it could just has easily been the Galaxy Quest Way, or the Code of the Jedi. I believe the Old Code is serving you well, though, friend, and I am glad it was not lost."

'Heh. So strange to see Braveheart as a novel instead of in all its VHS glory. Still, its a great read - and a surprisingly good guide for Power Dump.'

When the Wolfen comes out of his quarters, Malcom gives him a quick wave, "Hey, Jarle. We're heading below to meet up with our lovely...technomage? What are the merits of virtue for your people, Jarle? Oh, and I can fix that hole if you like. I'm sure it'd be nice to keep any sounds or...scents out of your quarters when you're in there."
Malcom Young
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Pathwalking:
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Edit Signature
Mox

Post by Mox »

Sa'Maku's words of caution are acknowledged with a noticeable nod. It makes a mental note not to visit the topic of the Seljuk's history unless it is either offered or Mox is prepared to suffer the consequences.

"My observation..." Mox continues the line of inquiry as it absently removes a safety cap from the chair it sits on, "is that 'honor' is achievable from a position of strength. When one's conviction is strong, one's confidence in self is strong, then 'honor' is a goal to be attained. If Seljuk culture has adopted 'honor' as one of its pillars, then that speaks to the general demeanor of the peoples. But others... sorry, peoples, of the galaxies come in great variety. Many of whom are disadvantaged, who feel that 'honor' and laws are not to their own personal advantage. And so their path to bettering their own lives requires shortcuts or deceit."

Mox casually rolls the cap between the index finger and thumb of its right hand as it searches for the question buried in its remarks, "You have already spoken about how within the Seljuk, pursuing a non-honorable path carries strong punishments as per the law. Has this been successful in unifying the moral compass of the Seljuk? When beyond the tenants of Seljuk law, how do Seljuk interact with peoples or individuals not honor-bound?"

Mox pauses, handing the metaphorical speaking baton back to Sa'Maku and its right hand non-discretely places the safety cap in one of the many storage pouches of the field mechanic armor it currently wears as its outer skin.
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

I am a warrior not a philosopher, Sa'Maku thinks to himself as the strange robot presses into culture. Nonetheless, the basics of honor and Wisdom of ages is taught to each Seljuk from the moment he hatches, "Honor must be from within. It requires sacrificing what you want for what you believe in. I admire that trait in all races, even when I do not agree with their ends."

At the notion of law, he shrugs, "Laws do not instill honor, they merely attempt to codify it. There are many people, even Seljuk, who follow the law but have little true honor." The big reptile let's out and angry hiss at that idea before continuing, "Many have proven that the laws of lizards, while they speak of honor, are a poor proxy for strength of character and commitment to our ways."

Tiring of dancing around laws and philosophy Sa'Maku shifts the focus of the conversation, "What about you Mox. What do you value above even yourself, and would you die for it?"
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"BITCHES!"

Hair wild and eye-searingly pink, clad in a black tank top and tan cargo shorts under a clear plastic poncho (for some reason), Death Otter burst in through the door and threw confetti up around herself.

Then she looked around, taking everyone in.

"What's this? Big crew meetup? Did I miss a memo?"
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Death Otter wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:29 am "BITCHES!"

Hair wild and eye-searingly pink, clad in a black tank top and tan cargo shorts under a clear plastic poncho (for some reason), Death Otter burst in through the door and threw confetti up around herself.

Then she looked around, taking everyone in.

"What's this? Big crew meetup? Did I miss a memo?"
Power Dump laughs like a gorrila being strangled. A dark baratone screeching hahaha. His chest amalgate smacks its lips finding pink delectable. Its serrated toungue hithers and thithers trying to spear as much confetti as possible. Power Dump himself eyes the confetti with a fair amount of mirth. ” The code... We were talking of Virture. Mrs. Otter.” He shows her his coveted worn copy of Dragonheart and puts it back into his pocket, ” Us bitches are heading to the bildge to check on my Lady Arsenal... Would you care to accompany and tell us of Virtue. I wish to adhere to the code as long as possible...” He shifts uncomfortably, ” I no longer wish to go back to the everything buffet, I am glad they did not fry and eat Malcom.” Power gestures to the bilge and waves at Mox and Sa’m to follow.
OOC Comments
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Jarle Vargr

Post by Jarle Vargr »

Jarle is about to reply to Power Dump when Sa'Maku and Mox arrive. The Seljuk made a point.

"Laws, ideally and if you believe in them are there to protect and prevent chaos. If they are just and that there is the sticking point, standing buy them no matter the difficulty, is what would be considered honorable. The strength of your code defines your honor. If it were easy, everyone would do it."

The arrival of Death Otter cut the Wolfen's monologue short, wheich was probably for the best. Jarle hated when he started to sound preachy.

Out here is a lot different, old boy.

Jarle smirked at the 'bitches' remark.

"If only my pink haired friend. It's been way too long..."
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Jarle Vargr wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:46 pm Jarle is about to reply to Power Dump when Sa'Maku and Mox arrive. The Seljuk made a point.

"Laws, ideally and if you believe in them are there to protect and prevent chaos. If they are just and that there is the sticking point, standing buy them no matter the difficulty, is what would be considered honorable. The strength of your code defines your honor. If it were easy, everyone would do it."

The arrival of Death Otter cut the Wolfen's monologue short, wheich was probably for the best. Jarle hated when he started to sound preachy.
Power Dump’s wave to Mox and Sa’m quickly deteriorated into a series lf accidental obscene gestures as the Starmarshall’s sermon captivated the bio borg. How strong is my Code? ”The Old Code is the first code. The code from which all others must have originated. Bowen himself in the misty rain sees the king of old appear as if by magic and repeats the Code in a moment of revelation... I myself found a similiar moment when I first read the book prior to deep frying the Pathwalker.” His black pooled eyes shine with little empathy as they fix on the Starmarshalls’. ” The Hi-Lord’s kitchen was moist with a thick fog of steam and putrid smells. The cheif chef had finally after days on end devolped a recipe involving the Pathwalker. I sat on a crate of Zandorian Shrooms reading the final pages of Dragonheart... And Starmarshall I heard a voice cry out to me there in the galactic larder louder than any of the pleas for mercy that reached my ears.“ The Bioborg draws his gleaming blade of fury cstching the light just so for dramatic effect. He suddenly takes a knee there in the hallway looking out the view port with a solmn determination.

” A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak! His words speaks only truth! His wroth undoes the wicked!!” Power Dump springs forth, his chest almagate growling, as he lets out a howl that could beat back the darkest of demons.

His sword resheathed and his chest monster purrs content with the display, he continues his walk to the Bilge looking veraciously at his wolfen ally.
” Who spoke those words too me in that kitchen? Who was my dragon that gave me heart? The Old Code, Starmarshall, is a strong code. It is a better code than that I used to hold by and I am sure the Pathwalker appriciates the timelines of the change.”
OOC Comments
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Jarle Vargr

Post by Jarle Vargr »

"It doesn't matter who spoke to you my friend, only that you listened."
Mox

Post by Mox »

Sa’Maku wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:51 amTiring of dancing around laws and philosophy Sa'Maku shifts the focus of the conversation, "What about you Mox. What do you value above even yourself, and would you die for it?"
The question very obviously takes Mox by surprise. Quite literally frozen in thought, a full 10 seconds passes with the refurbisher locked in place, un-moving. If Sa'M thought Mox a computer system, he might think it in need of rebooting.

"I once met a fishmonger who was so very in love with his shipping vessel that he spoke fondly of abandoning all other aspects of his life in dedication of it and the 'greatest catch'." Mox finally replies in a thinly veiled attempt at side-stepping the topic. Seeing Sa'M's obvious distaste for such tactics, Mox does what passes for a reasonable facsimile to a heavy sigh and speaks honestly. "Your question is one I have no answer for. I am uncertain how I came into existence. My 'culture' is appropriated from the many individuals I have come in contact with so far. The concept of non-existence is quite foreign. When tested in the past, my self-preservation tendencies have been quite strong. My earliest 'memory' is one of others like me being trapped, in need of freeing. Rather than put myself in harms way, I hid. In fact, I hide quite a bit. It is how I have survived. Since that day, I have become much more competent in many ways. But I have no certainty, like you do, of what action I will take if I am confronted with another challenge to my well-being over that of others. I will say, having now been asked this question by you. It will remain in consideration during future actions."

After a brief pause, he continues, "I understand you have greater respect for beings willing to put themselves at hazard for others. And in sharing this vulnerability, I risk being categorized by you as craven. But I believe if I were in your shoes, that is how I would assess me. And since you have been forthcoming with me, I should be forthcoming with you."

It is easy for Mox to recede back into itself when others join. It spares a brief nod to Sa'M in acknowledgment of a conversation well exchanged before D3@ makes her grand entrance. When PD gestures the two of them follow him, Mox dutifully obliges.
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Ship’s crew has gathered near the bilge... Just a long dimly lit hallway separates us and our final destination... Soon our true purpose will be revealed.

Power Dump does his best to smile when Mox and Sa’m approach but it comes over more like a wild beast salivating. The bioborg’a thick metallic tubes twitch as fluid is passed in and out of his pale extremities. The monsterous mouth on his chest curles it’s tentacle like toungue along Power Dump’s next as if playing with the borg’s unexpected drooling.

Power Dump’s voice was like a low grating howl. A subsonic schreech only beetles might enjoy, why he actually chuckling or about to throw up? ” The Old Code... Refurbisher how have the tales of Bowen helped shape your life? I have read you much of the book as your body lay dormant. Surely now some kind of insight has been garnered about the oldest of Codes.”

Power Dump does his best to acknowledge Sa’m as well. He goes for the handshake but fumbles it and instead pulls his draining blade half way out of the scabbard. Power always seemed to get flustered around the Merc. He smiles sheepishly his gums bleeding from over brushing.
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Mox wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:01 am After a brief pause, he continues, "I understand you have greater respect for beings willing to put themselves at hazard for others. And in sharing this vulnerability, I risk being categorized by you as craven. But I believe if I were in your shoes, that is how I would assess me. And since you have been forthcoming with me, I should be forthcoming with you."
Unphased by the robot-man's answers Sa'Maku nods, "Honesty with yourself and others is the first step toward honor."

Unfortunately, things get unnecessarily tense when the abomination approaches with his hand on his blade and nattering about his old codes. Sa'Maku tried to appreciate the Power Dump's newfound code, but Gun Brothers rarely changed their stripes. "Do not draw your sword on me again or I will feed your innards to your chest creature."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"Self sacrifice is for suckers," Death Otter opines, giving Sa'Maku a pat on the arm. "It's a scam. Hey! Dump! Did you bring my favorite little guy?"

She went over to him and reached out to wiggle her hand in front of the chest-monster. When it lashed out to try to bite, she was ready for it and quickly yanked the hand back...simultaneously reaching out to give it affectionate scratches between the little feelers under its chin. The creature paused at the contact, then seemed to relax for a moment before finally receding back into Power Dump's abdominal cavity.

"Who's a good boy?" Otter cooed. "Who's a good horrible thing? Yes!"

She quickly stepped back before it recovered from the chin-chucking and looked at the rest of the crew.

"So, if I'm hearing you right, none of you really know what you're going to do next. That sounds SUPER inefficient, but...I don't really care. Have fun wasting time or whatever."

And with that, the hacker padded on past to hit up the galley fridge for an energy drink or something.
Ramson Gourdaine

Post by Ramson Gourdaine »

Stepping out through a side-door, Captain Gourdaine steps in and barks sharply. "That will be enough of that sort of thing. You've all been chatting about honor and law and codes and whatnot." It was odd the way the Captain often seemed to know what was being said when he wasn't present--the rest of the crew had found no cameras or microphones in the ship, but even so, he often was able to join a conversation with ease. Perhaps the most alert of the crew had realized the ship's maintenance crawlspaces, while too tight for a humanoid to walk around in, were just about perfect for even a giant snake to slither through--but the snake didn't seem to speak, so that could only be part of the puzzle.

"On board this ship, we have a Code--mine. And my Code is Crew, Contract, Survival. Stay alive, stay loyal to one another, and if you make a deal, stick to it. Anything more than that is fine if you want it, but it had best not get in the way of my Code. Are we clear on that?"
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1

Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

Death Otter paused in the doorway and glanced back at the captain as he came in frantically jerking his own codpiece at everyone.

She gave him a smile and flipped him the bird on her way out.
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Ramson Gourdaine wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:43 pm Stepping out through a side-door, Captain Gourdaine steps in and barks sharply. "That will be enough of that sort of thing. You've all been chatting about honor and law and codes and whatnot." It was odd the way the Captain often seemed to know what was being said when he wasn't present--the rest of the crew had found no cameras or microphones in the ship, but even so, he often was able to join a conversation with ease. Perhaps the most alert of the crew had realized the ship's maintenance crawlspaces, while too tight for a humanoid to walk around in, were just about perfect for even a giant snake to slither through--but the snake didn't seem to speak, so that could only be part of the puzzle.

"On board this ship, we have a Code--mine. And my Code is Crew, Contract, Survival. Stay alive, stay loyal to one another, and if you make a deal, stick to it. Anything more than that is fine if you want it, but it had best not get in the way of my Code. Are we clear on that?"
My code is the only code. I am loyal to this crew... But you dare put another code infront of the oldest of codes? First chance I will pilot this ship into the core of a white dwarf and then we will see whose code reigns supreme.

Power Dumps bio borg tubes shiver along his arms as he pulls his half drawn draining blade a bit more than half way when the so called captain dumped on his code. A slight hand covers Power Dumps and helps him shove the blade back in.

The Altara engineer, named Arsenal, wearing a techy set of coveralls and a electric visor over her eyeless parts smiles sweetly at the gang while making sure Power Dump does not loose his shit all over the place. ” Wow, just looking at you reminds me of when we all first met.” Her visor flashes briefly with a bright light, ”Group Photo!” She frowns slightly holding up a pink frosted cake with the letters DO spelt lopsided on top but clearly off center. Three candels are in it alight and sparkling.

The Altara continues,” Where is Death? I thought this was her surprise party?”
OOC Comments
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Jarle Vargr

Post by Jarle Vargr »

Jarle growls, disgustedly.

"Not again". Last time Death Otter gave me Kreeghor horns. Not cool."

Secretly though, he regarded this crew as his family. If they ever pulled him out of deep cover, he'd make sure they all escaped incarceration. Yeah, it went against everything he was taught, but they all tried to do the right thing..and make a little scratch along the way. And in the Three Galaxies, that was all anyone could do, really.

Jarle made a not to put this pic in his internal drive...along with every single one of the others.
Malcom Young

Post by Malcom Young »

"NO!" Malcom shouts out at the mention of photos.

He blinks out of the room and into his.

'Damn pictures. Dont know how many times I've told them..'

Malcom grabs his super suit and puts it on. He leaves the helmet off, but has it under his arm just in case. Then he pops back over to the party.

"Cmon, guys...I gotta be ready for a picture. Bright lights are really uncomfortable for me, and UV is dangerous," he reminds his crewmates.
Malcom Young
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Pathwalking:
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Edit Signature
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"I'm over here!" Otter shouted as she opened the little food storage unit. "Dump, we've been over this. Just because you can't see someone anymore doesn't mean they're GONE. They can go BEHIND things."

Not to mention it wasn't anywhere near her birthday, but you had to pick your fucking battles with Power Dump. Object permanence AND a calendar date all in one day? She wasn't sure he was up to that. Sure as shit she wasn't.

A plastic tube of GO POW! nestled comfortably in her hand, Death Otter went back to see what all the fuss was about.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Some time later as the crew of the Remorseless heads out after their next mark, they have a chance to catch up. That whole run through the city trying to keep hold of a mark was a little trying, but not having to make payments was to big of an offer not to take the risk.

Please continue to use Open RP
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Ramson Gourdaine

Ramson waits for the next mealtime, then addresses the crew, feeding Thissok live rodents from the cage he picked up on Center. "So, we managed to get a bit of breathing room--which translates into the right to be choosy. We can take a little time and actively hunt for the next score, rather than taking the first thing that comes up. So, here's the question--when we have that liberty, do we just focus on getting the biggest payday we can find, turning down the small fry? Do we try for something that'll hype our rep a bit, even if it doesn't pay as well--and if so, what kinda rep do we want to get? Any of you got any... unfinished business out there that we might want to try to address while we can do so without distraction? Heck, do we go all noble and see if there's some sort of pro bono work we feel like doin'?" He chuckles at that last one, but hell, Power Dump's talk of the Old Code might push the psycho to vote that way. Thissok swallows the last rat, then sets its massive head in the Captain's lap as he waits for responses.
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight

Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"Time MANAGEMENT," proclaims Death Otter from where she's lounging. "This isn't warp space astrography. Maximize return per unit TIME. Short, high profit mission GOOD. Long, pro bono," she let the word drip contempt, "mission BAD. Long high profit is OKAY. Short low profit, also OKAY. Risk assessment figures in too! Also, any expenses we have to incur... ARGH. You're the CAPTAIN. Do you need us to knit a HAT for you too? Read a manual or something!"
Ramson Gourdaine

The Simvan merely smiles at Death Otter's outburst. "So that's one vote for maximum profit over time, and dead-set against pro bono work. And by definition, 'profit' means 'after expenses', so that's already factored in. That's one of those things they teach you when you become Captain." He chuffs. "Within the confines of that, of course, is risk assessment. Tell me, Death Otter--assuming a net profit either way, would you rather a high return, high risk, or low return, low risk? The kinds of folks who employ us tend to be good at balancing those factors out."

"Also, there is the matter of reputation. A low-paying job that gets us a better rep can lead to a better job down the road--if it's well-chosen. If we can do one hard, but rep-building job that gets us on the next tier of missions, then over another four or five jobs, we can end up taking in more than we miss out by taking the lower-paying job in the first place."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block

Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Looking up from his mountain of raw meat, Sa'Maku smiles - barring his many sharp teeth.

"There are many activities I do not wish to be a part of, however, my desire to restore my honor rests with the Nemesis. Let us take jobs that increase our chances of catching them. That means keeping our options open with shorter term engagements."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Malcom Young

Post by Malcom Young »

Malcom smiles at the big lizard man and slaps him on the back, saying, "I'm with the big guy. I'm all for stealing enslaved intelligences from Northern Gun and even turning around and helping them recover their escaped "property"...despite how questionable that last one might be."

"But how about we help some folks out? Temporus should be known across the three galaxies as the defender of the weak and bane of evil. That's what heroes do," he says.
Malcom Young
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Pathwalking:
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Edit Signature
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"Rep building is for suckers," Otter says with a dismissive wave of her hand. "If you do jobs well enough, the rep comes. You don't have to do crap missions for 'rep.' The Rep will come."

"That said, all other factors being EQUAL, high risk missions are more FUN, and also show everyone that we are a can full of BADASS, which is good for bragging rights."
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

As Death Otter rages about reputation and money, Sa'Maku expresses little for these things "My reputation was tarnished by the Nemesis. I am here to restore my honor not make money or a name for myself. Our reputation and our jobs only matter to the extent they help us get closer to my quarry. I will assist because I lack the means to pursue the Nemesis on my own." He gives what can only be described as a shrug, on Gemini Prime we have a saying "What does it profit a lizard if he has wealth but no honor?"
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Power Dump sums it up in a black droll filled spittle spat consisting for three words,”The old Code...” Three words barely coherent to most scientients and yet they seem to carry great weight and meaning to the former assasin of the Splynn D maerket.
OOC Comments
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

having escaped the Peace Bringer and Durrack the Remorseless finds they are on a clean heading for Phase World with the box worth five million Tri-Galactic Credits to Castruccio and an unknown amount to the Altess. Scans of the box reveal it has full brainwave patterns and DNA sourcing that would be needed to start bringing clones of five Altess back.

But what to do, the only thing you know that about their plans is the promise Castruccio made PowerDump. Could there be other buyers and does the crew of the remorseless mind if this precious information falls into the hands of someone like Castruccio?
INSTRUCTIONS
This is Open Role Play on the ship, you will have days to interact, and I will post as needed. Once you as players let me know you are ready we will conclude the adventure in whatever way fluidly comes from your decision.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Axel Krowe

Re: 04 - A Timely Departure

Post by Axel Krowe »

Sa'Maku feels a bad taste rise up in his mouth as the Remorseless jumps away from their pursuers. While retreat can be a sound tactical option, the Seljuk does not take kindly to being bullied.

"This situation smells worse than the heads after Power Dump," he grumbles to anyone who will listen. "I do not enjoy being chased away like small children in the dark. Let us complete our obligations hastily and then rid the space lanes of that pirate Durrack. I am sure the CCW will have a bounty on him for piracy, if not other worlds as well. They say vengeance does not pay, but in this case it very well might."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Ramson Gourdaine

Ramson shares a reptilian grin with Sa'Maku. "Sounds like a grand plan all around. Hell, maybe we can even get Castruccio to pay for taking them down, since they obviously know all about his business. Pretty sure he's not overly fond of folks who know more about him than what he tells them...."

Then he looks over at Death Otter and Fiona. "So, until we get back to Center and deliver the package, you two are on intel duty. Call your contacts, break into info banks, whatever you need to do--get as big a dossier on those bastards as you can. I want to be able to greet every sorry sod we take down by name."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block

Fiona Gladbrooke

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke »

As they break free Fiona looks around the bridge appraising the crew with a serious eye. "Well, that was... marvelous! Such excitement! I knew things with you would be an adventure Ramson." Beaming with a grin by the end of her statement the changeling laughs with joy, slightly drunk on the heady mix of emotions in the air. Where as Ramson was a connoisseur of the culinary arts (and to be fair Fi was a bit of a food snob when possible), tastes ran to experiencing the intense and unbridled emotions of others. Much of the crew fit one or both of those descriptors so she would stay well fed, make money and have fun.
Ramson Gourdaine wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:09 pm Ramson shares a reptilian grin with Sa'Maku. "Sounds like a grand plan all around. Hell, maybe we can even get Castruccio to pay for taking them down, since they obviously know all about his business. Pretty sure he's not overly fond of folks who know more about him than what he tells them...."

Then he looks over at Death Otter and Fiona. "So, until we get back to Center and deliver the package, you two are on intel duty. Call your contacts, break into info banks, whatever you need to do--get as big a dossier on those bastards as you can. I want to be able to greet every sorry sod we take down by name."
Thinking back to the ill fated safari where they'd met and the revenge they took on those responsible her smile got bigger. "We'll make these pricks envy those Aventurcation execs who planned Firefeast." Fiona begins compile a list of those who may be of help and what faces she'll need to use for each. Being a spy could quickly become a tangled web of lies and cover identities. Even more so when one could change faces with the names. Fortunately the enhancements the Empire had wrought on the changeling had improved her memory as well as her physical control.
Fiona Quick stats
[https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=4214]Fiona Gladbrooke[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10 base, 24 (11) in full kit
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

Death Otter yawned at that and tugged at the hem of her tank top.

"Yeah yeah, once we're at Center I'll get right on that or something. Right after I do the 'wah wah' outtakes reel of Durrack's greatest hits. It's too bad we had to skip out so fast. Their ship's EW defenses were pretty paper. I could have violated a few CCW interstellar statutes on their ship's computers with just a leeeetle more time."

She sighed.

"Welp. Next time."

"So we're definitely selling this thing to Castruccio then?"
Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Death Otter wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:01 pm She sighed.

"Welp. Next time."

"So we're definitely selling this thing to Castruccio then?"
Kharis gives a nod. "We told our buyer we'd have the thing for him, and now we have it. Seems the only real course forward is to hold up our end of the bargain. It wouldn't do for people to hear that we tried to double-cross our employer."

Kharis rubs at his temples, apparently the nod he'd given was too much motion for his aching head. Under his breath, he mutters, "blasted FTL."
Skanni, Half-Elf Psionicist
Parry: 5; Toughness: 8 (2); Notes: Outsider, Heroic, PTSD, Brave
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Regrouping to discuss plans and spend a day gathering information the Crew has a chance to get their priorities in line.

This will be a pause in the scene so you all can RP your plans or ask me questions. Looks like you had some actions you wanted to take before going in I did not take into account. Intelligence on Grandma will require a networking roll with a -4.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Fiona Gladbrooke

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke »

Ramson Gourdaine wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:36 pm Ramson considers both points. "I think we can afford one day to see if we can turn something useful up in the What Granny Wants category. No longer than that, though, in part because I don't want our actual prey getting wind of us being here."
"Darling it would be shocking to me if Granny doesn't know that we are here and looking into her. One does not rise to such prominence in this kind of place without intel workers to watch for threats and opportunities. You yourself employ two high end information agents Ramson." Fiona motions to herself and Death Otter. "Now Granny may not know why we're here or our history with the Peace Maker, yet. But she will be looking into what we want, for the same reasons I want to look into her. With only a day I suppose I had better get to it then."

Before heading out she changes into the more subtle of her enchanted outfits to allow her to appear unarmored. She then returns to working the downtrodden of the planets population to get some basics and point her in the direction of those more in the know. She also uses the cover of social invisibility offered to such people when probing the minds of more socially established marks, not having the time to set up a cover ID to approach them as an equal makes it difficult but she manages.
Intel roll, 12
Modifiers: scene -4, item bonus +2, streetwise edge +2, very attractive +2. Net +2
Persuasion [dice:hc6n0ch7]60069:0[/dice:hc6n0ch7]
Wild [dice:hc6n0ch7]60069:1[/dice:hc6n0ch7]
Fiona Quick stats
[https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=4214]Fiona Gladbrooke[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10 base, 24 (11) in full kit
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"Yeah," Death Otter grudgingly agrees. "I really really hate to say it, but she's right. We weren't trying to be subtle, you know? We wanted to show we meant business, could back our BS up, and that we wanted her know we were coming. Kinda like sending a polite x-mail, except with punching and threats."

She shrugs.

"I can do some nosing around though, see what I can find on the local grids about what her current agenda is. Just keep in mind that players like this usually keep their real cards close. Smoking out the truth underneath will take more than a day or two. And probably more punching and threats. Just so you know."

With that, the hacker went to her room to start hunting for juicy nodes to squeeze data from...

Rolls
As much as I'd like to say this is hacking, I think Research probably fits the bill more precisely. She'll spent the ISP point to Mind Link and get the +2 Telemechanics bonus as well. Since this is definitely 'shady' and 'criminal' research, might her Streetwise edge help here? Let me know; I'll assume not for the sake of not delaying things.

Research [dice:1szak9wt]60080:0[/dice:1szak9wt] or [dice:1szak9wt]60080:1[/dice:1szak9wt]

Okay, if Streetwise helps, then that's a success. If not, I'll benny.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

The rumors about Grandma are various, with the consistant element being if you mess with Grandma, no matter how clever you are, you will not get away with it. Walking away from an encounter with Grandma has varied for many people. While most the rumors agree Grandma is strange. They cannot in whole even be said to agree if Grandma is a male or a female.

Some of the rumors include;
Grandma is a dragon who has been mascarading as an enchanter and techno wizard for the last 6 centuries to gain welth.
Granmdma is actually a tittle, that has been passed on from one family member to another for nearly 6 generations.
Grandma is a shuggoth whose power has grown enough to allow it to shape change.
Grandma is a demi-god from a place called asguard whose entire race is gifted with increadible enchanting powers.
Grandma is a Techno-wizard machine with sentience. Able to learn new power as it ages.
8 years ago a group of pirates lead by a temporal wizard made a succesful run on Grandma's and escaped with a bunch of gear, by using a powerful anti magic ritual that shut down the whole facility.

While the rumors are varied the one that stands out the most, and seems to be most commonly acceted by those who have dealt with Grandma personally is that she is a dragon building her wealth in a subtle way satifying to herself.
  • 2D6 EFFECT

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
Rob Towell
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

The news that grandma is potentially a dragon does not sit well with Sa'Maku. While he has no particular affinity for them, other than an appreciation of their fine features, he knows they are wildly dangerous and unpredictable. Especially the older ones. They few encounters among the Seljuk and dragons attempting to make a home on the magic rich world of Gemini-2 are legendary - and violent.

"If rumors of a dragon or demi-god are true then we should proceed with extreme caution. Negotiation over force seems prudent. It may be worthwhile learning of this magic ritual in case we need to make a hasty retreat."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Ramson Gourdaine

Ramson snorts at Fiona and Death Otter. "Ladies, I know that Grandma probably knows we're here. When I said I didn't want our prey learning about our presence here, I meant the Peace Maker and her crew of bastards."

Later on, after the rumors have been delivered, he considers. "Dragon, huh? But no insight into what she actually wants, other than money? Well, if that's the case, then so be it. Like I said, I don't want the Peace Maker learning how close we are to them, so, let's get this over with. And yeah, Sa'm, this is definitely a finesse situation."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block

Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Kharis mindlessly twirls the dragon-bane knife he always seems to have with him as they talk.

"I haven't fought a dragon in a long, long time. This mission could end up being even more profitable than anticipated, if she is a dragon in disguise."

Nothing like dragon-slaying to improve an elf's reputation...
Skanni, Half-Elf Psionicist
Parry: 5; Toughness: 8 (2); Notes: Outsider, Heroic, PTSD, Brave
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Brokner Jacobi

Post by Brokner Jacobi »

Brokner looks up from his latest project. "A dragon? Are you shitting me? Never fought one meself." He looks at Rust Bucket as the robot beeps. "What do you mean, you have? You are a liar. Remind me to run a diagnostic later." He looks back to the others. "Beep, Beep, whoop, Whistle, Beep" Brokner turns red in the face. "You want to call me that again? C'mon, I dare ya, you bag of bolts.'

After a few seconds, Rust Bucket beeps quietly. Brokner calms down, and with a deep breath says "Ok... I am sorry too. Now, what say we get to work and help kill a dragon? Good. Get yer stuff." With a nod to Kharis, \'Give us a few minutes and we are good to go."
Ramson Gourdaine

Ramson sighs. "We are not going to kill a dragon. We aren't even going to fight a dragon, unless she starts the fight, and then we're just going to withdraw as best we can. Our goal is to negotiate with the dragon, if that's what she is, in order to get what we really want."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block

Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"Dragon," scoffs Death Otter dismissively. "Not technically impossible, but it'd be pretty hard for a real dragon to hide her identity this long. Big critters have big enemies, you know? UWW loves to hunt dragons. There's literally like no part of them that can't be used by crazy mages."

"Anyway, it doesn't matter if she's human, dragon or full-grown Splugorth intelligence. We'd be just as dead if it comes to shooting. Even hacking cyborgs, there's too many to save our asses. So we'll have to be on good behavior."

Otter grinned. "Which is why I'm going."

Return to “Remorseless Archive”