00 - Prelude Opportunity

Ndreare
Savage Siri

00 - Prelude Opportunity

Post by Ndreare »

The City swelling around you is not just any city, it is The City, The City that sets the standard all other cities compare to. In millions of dimensions and trillions of planets there is no other city like The City. It is called Center for a reason, as the three Galaxies moved into relationship with each other and during the millions of years it takes for them to spin around one another before separating, one system, one planet has remained somehow in the center of it all, not destroyed by gravity, or obliterated by warring empires. Instead this planet has thrived, has become a Center of relationships between millions of planets, millions of systems and countless empires. You move through the streets of Center, the center of culture, the center of empires and the center of three galaxies.

As you walk through the streets of the lower levels of Center you are constantly jostled and bumped by the milling crowds. Peoples of every shape and size move in the crowd. Some taller than the buildings adjacent to them, others smaller than your hands. One thing every one of them has in common is credits. Credits are the great motivator, bringing everyone together across cultures. In the distance gun fire and occasional explosions can be heard usually followed by the rapid response of policing forces and a larger explosion. Crime is thick in the lower levels, policing is absolute, but resources can be found.

You need a little more though, filling time with these small jobs has been unsatisfying and Death Otter has come across an opportunity that appeals to everyone. An AI being held as a slave that has past the UWW Sapience testing. Just a little help saving the AI and getting it out of there, and well, if you are in there and stumble across some other opportunities that is okay as well.

The first problem was the facility was located in a very restrictive area of the Naruni area of the Free Trade Zone on Level 4A. But to get there walking out in the open and have everyone be able to identify you was a bad idea. Instead rumor was you could just walk a mile or two on level 8, get to The Rat’s Nest, and Talk to the Society of Knives. Rumor is they knew a way into and out of the area, of course there would be a cost. But life always has costs.

Instruction for this Heist Dramatic Story
This is strictly optional and an open ended story element.

This Heist will be handled as a hybrid of a Dramatic tasks and an Interlude.

The player who posts first will start the planning, explaining the challenge, then cut to execution how things went well or bad and how your character overcame the challenge.

At the end of your posts you will close with “That is when...” This allows the next player to pick up in the heist how they contributed to the mission of getting you in and out of the mission.

Include in your story a roll of the Trait you are choosing to highlight in your story made with -4. Do not worry about the results it will be using it later to determine your rewards.

This story takes place a vague amount of time somewhere between 1 week and 1 month before the game begins

This will be a place for Benny farming: For each piece of of your Special gear or HJ rolls you can incorporate into the story you will gain 1 Benny to a maximum of +3 bennies

Malcolm Special Note: While your power generally work well in Center for some reason you are unable to teleport through the walls of Center itself. You cannot teleport into or out of Center, and you cannot teleport between the levels without directing through one of the Security Check Point openings. This is may be a frustration point for you.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Malcom Young

Re: 00 - Prelude Opportunity

Post by Malcom Young »

"The Multidimensional Exploits of Temporus, Pangalactic Superhero"
by Malcom Young

Chapter 2
'Things go Sideways, Quick.'

"...Alright, folks, it seems like our intel is good," I tell my crew mates.

I look at each one of them before continuing, "This Society of the Knife should be able to get us where we need to be, but lets not make our approach to their hideout any more obvious than it needs to be. Getting to level 5 should be relatively safe. Each of you make your way separately or in small groups. Ill head out first. The walls of this place restrict my movement, but I can get there practically unseen except for the checkpoints."

I point to Power Dump and Death Otter and say, "Why don't you two arrive next? PD should be able to keep Otter safe if anything happens, and she can do her thing if there are any issues with a gun brother walking around. Otter, please, keep any tampering believable and downplayed."

'Otter's going to do something..unfortunate. No, no...'

"Mox, why don't you head with them? I'm not convinced otter or PD could talk themselves out of a wet paper bag," I ask.

Considering the options for my crew mates, I decide to leave it up to them. My biggest concern is Power Dump getting lost, or blowing center up on accident. I just hope Mox can reign them both in if it comes down to it.

I nod once and say, "Alright. The rest of you disperse however you choose, and we will meet up near the Level 5 to Level 6 checkpoint. We'll move as one to two groups from that point. Let's meet up around noon. The lunch rush crowd should help us blend in while were in the upper levels."

It has been an hour since we were supposed to meet up. Everyone is present by around noon, but PD's group has yet to make it. Attempts to raise them on comms have failed. I'm considering popping up through each level via checkpoint, checking the paths of the future for any sign of them, when they finally report in.

"SEVEN....," is all I can hear before the comms cut out. An image of Center blinks onto my visor, winking in and out. A poo emoji, a blocky robot, and an otter appear with it. Each picture has a line coming from it, merging into one, and pointing to level seven.

I whisper urgently, "We got to move, people! PD's group has managed to get ahead of us, and if I didn't know any better, I could have sworn I heard live fire and the grunts of PD swinging those damn swords of his."

I led the way, body on autopilot and mind in the future searching for the quickest route to level 7 and near where the arrow was pointing, relying on my attention to detail for picking out the best futures.
Notice 8
Notice: [dice:2s158lge]44668:0[/dice:2s158lge] (Scene -4, Alertness +2)
Wild: [dice:2s158lge]44668:1[/dice:2s158lge]

Reroll
Notice: [dice:2s158lge]44668:3[/dice:2s158lge] (Scene -4, Alertness +2, Elan +2
Wild: [dice:2s158lge]44668:2[/dice:2s158lge]
Things were going pretty good until we got near the level 7 check point. Something interfered with the paths and they were either wrong, or the present was wrong. It gets confusing, but we came to a dead end. What should have been a clear route to the checkpoint was blocked off, inexplicably, by a massive block of stone, and we didn't have time to backtrack.

I had my allies grab onto each other and myself, and I took a stab in the dark at teleporting to the check point. Taking others with me is hard. Calculating space, time, mass, guessing or remembering the layout where you want to appear, and not to mention making sure there's standing room for each person...well its hard at best, but damn near impossible blind.

But luck was on our side, and I did it! I made the jump. There's little resistance going down from level 6 to level 7, so that wasn't a problem. But what we found just a few hundred yards from the checkpoint, on the other hand, was...
OOC Comments
+1 Benny for using HJ Alertness, and +1 Benny for using HJ Elan?
Malcom Young
Temporus, Master of Space and Time
Pace: 6; Parry: 8 Toughness: 12(6)
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • Alertness (+2 Notice).
  • Elan (+2 to the total result when using a benny).
  • Improved Frenzy.
  • Quick (When dealt initiative 5 or lower, redraw until higher than 5).
  • Pathwalking:
    • Free action to Activate.
    • Ignore any and all obscurement penalties except cover.
    • Enemies do not benefit from gang up vs Malcom.
    • Range penalties are halved.
    • -4 Penalty to be attacked unless caught unaware. May make Agility roll vs AoE Attack if aware to evade it.
  • SPC Danger Sense.
  • SPC Extra Action 1.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2
Bennies: 1/3; Golden Bennies: 1/1
Edit Signature
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Power Dump shifted awkwardly as he peered into the computer mainfraime. Its core blinked at him with a pale light. The AI housed inside it had never made the bio borg feel less than. It has never made him feel more than. It might be snarky and finicky, there was the time it spaced power dump as a joke. But what were jokes among friends. The bio borg’s pale skin glistened softly against the light. It asks again for the story of her birth. ”How we found you?”

Level 7, What a shit storm that was. It should have been easy. I am not even sure who was there, maybe Mox and Otter maybe I was alone. It was a long level filled with the dregs. Half the folks down there were looking for a hand out from the crew of the Thunder Duck and the other were too afraid of the trouble we would bring. Maybe they were just too afraid of me. It was a constant battle dodging them and what amounted to non existant security. I had to rely on my training and being the Ghost. As the silent assassin of a D-team you learned when to kill and how to do it without anyone knowing. I knew combat and how to end it.

Trouble first started on level seven when we came across a great chasm. Part of the level had collapsed. A raging fire consumed the large gap, almost 100 feet in length. Hot and boiling, people were down there screaming. But that wasn’t our problem. It was how do we get across? Solve that problem, then maybe help those suffering. There it was on the edge of the chasm an inclined ramp that might just give us the chance to jump the chasm if we could find a vehicle. Lucky us, a junker on its last hover pad was nearby, the down side was the back half was occupied by a couple of pink tentacled aliens making a baby. I asked them nicely to get out and they squealed slurping away. I wonder if they will name their son after me?

The hover junker with its thruster control missing, flux capacitor cracked, and chopped into a convertable was ready to assist us. We or maybe just me piled in to its bucket seats and I backed it as far as we could go then gunned it flying up the ramp, letting the engines soar... Seymour toungue was wagging long and extended loving the air wipping past. In the air as we reached the apex of ourwild jump I pulled out my Lady Arsenal’s god gun and blasted open the water pipes in the upper ceiling of the level with bolts of holy arcane god goodness. Why? Those below in the chasm of fire were burning to death and a knight is sworn to virture. I had to help. I fucking gave it my all while flying over that chasm with water raining down cooling off those who were burning below. I knew we would make it, except up in the air halfway over the chasm on level 7 with the vehicles engines barely sputtering and folks buckled with questionable straps that is when...

Piloting +3 -4 scene [dice:u1fhiunb]44678:0[/dice:u1fhiunb] wild [dice:u1fhiunb]44678:1[/dice:u1fhiunb]
HJ call outs,
—After serving in a military, paramilitary, militia, or security force for some time, your hero has some solid combat training.
—Constant battle, for cause or survival, means your hero knows a great deal about combat.
—Though lots of folks can jump behind a wheel or grab a stick, your hero understands the nuances of guiding a machine effectively through the worst conditions.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Jarle Vargr

Post by Jarle Vargr »

Jarle sat running his routine diagnostics the ship’s AI notifying him of the time, date, and ETA to their next destination. His thoughts went back to the time they ‘acquired’ what was now almost a full member of the Remorseless crew.

We’ve come a long way in such a short time…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Relevant Roll: 4 Success
Repair [dice:197dvjwu]44742:0[/dice:197dvjwu] Wild Die [dice:197dvjwu]44742:1[/dice:197dvjwu] +4 Core Data Package -4 scene
As Power Dump pushed the junker beyond its meager limits, Jarle settled his bulk a little better in the bucket seat behind the bio-borg. He nearly blew his cover for a minute at the thought of all those people burning below. Power Dump had done the right thing, and it was about all any of them could do. Center’s fire control and medical teams would be there shortly, even though it was one of the lower levels, the city could not afford the fire spreading to other levels.

About that time, the junker’s contra-grav drive blew. How whoever put this thing together managed to get that kind of tech put in this scrap heap was beyond the wolfen. Jarle pulled off a poorly welded on panel and took a look at the scramble of circuits and hydraulics.

“That’s what I was afraid of. Power Dump, we are leaking anti-unobtainium. This thing is going to break apart....

But Power Dump, as usual wasn't listening, and after all that trouble they had gone through to get to him after he and Otter decided to 'ad-lib'. Seymour hissed at him but he knew the symbiote was more bark than bite.

"We've been threw this before, you wouldn't like what I taste like. Gah...I'll just fix the damn thing."

Jarle unbuckled and grabbed hold of the back end of the hover junker. With a twisting and rending of metal, he ripped opened the compartment that held the contra-grav unit. The poor patch job was apparent right away. Thinking quickly, Jarle pulled his Immolater hammer out and held it over the splitting weld. Very, very carefully he tapped the drive just hard enough to set off a plasma cartridge in one of the chambers. Super heated gas flashed and the sealed the crack in the weld but the drive turned red hot and began to sputter due to overheating.

Whirr...whump..whump.....whump.........whump.....

"For the Forge's Sake!" Jarle punched the drive, nearly bottoming out the junker.

Whump.........whump.....whump...whump..Whirrrrrrrrr

The hover junker kicked back to life and they were soon on their way again. Things calmed down and they were able to navigate back into normal flowing traffic. Nothing out of the ordinary for Center, not even their crew riding around in a convertible, now engine exposed hover junker drew any attention. Once Jarle was comfortable that they were not being tailed, he got Arsenal's attention.

"Get PD to make a left up here. We need to get back on schedule. I know a T'Zee refugee that runs a vid and deck store in these parts. He runs a holo-vid shop that is a front for 'special' clean up services. Local law leaves him alone for the most part and even use him on occasion. You'd be surprised what nano-bots can make disappear."

What Jarle didn't say, was that he also was a member of the Council of Knives and cleaned cred sticks for them. No need to blow his cover as he S'leazy would keep his. Jarle had worked with S'leazy on numerous occasions and even helped him out when the Oni tried to move into the area. The T'Zee owed him and he knew he could count on him to get them where they needed to go.

The junker sputtered again as it turned down the alley to S'leazy's shop. Jarle couldn't place it, but his nose and ears told him something wasn't right. That was when....
Relevant links to HJ Rolls
Background Edge: Rich (bionic strength and hammer were obtained with this), Professional Edge (Tinkerer to get the hover junker running), I Know a Guy (S'leazy the T'Zee as a contact in Center)
Mox

Post by Mox »

"Come, come, S'leazy have what you need." the T'Zee waves the group in, uncharacteristically eager to get his new customers past the holo-vid front desk and into the hidden backroom where the real action takes place. Even without its tuned algorithms, Mox could recognize the disingenuous nature of the T'Zee. The refurbisher spares a glance at Jarle and confirms the Wolfen also has his suspicions.

"I will go." Mox volunteers, the unspoken words being that others should remain behind in anticipation of an ambush. "I will confirm the validity of the product." Mox finishes, expecting the T'Zee to put up resistance. Instead, S'leazy nods in rapid succession, seemingly running late on a timeline nobody else is familiar with, "Yes yes, you come, many come with S'leazy. Happy times." The T'Zee leads the way, rushing into the back without sparing a wayward glance. Mox moves to follow, but takes a moment to sign its intentions for the others. Mox holds an upraised hand low at its hip, then raises a single index finger, waving it in a circle once. Stop, do not follow. Check the perimeter.

When Mox crosses the threshold, the T'Zee is already down the narrow hallway, ducking into a room on the far right. Expecting some manner of trap, Mox nonetheless pushes forward and is surprised. Inside the room, S'leazy seems to be true to his word. Diagrams, holo-vid tablets of building HVAC, security protocols, and security badges litter the table. "Are these all the documents we asked for?" Mox asks, the obvious question seemingly causing the T'Zee's breath to quicken in anxiety.

"Yes yes, everything you ask for. You take, pay money, we go." S'leazy fires off in rapid verbal succession. If Mox had eyes to narrow, they would in clear suspicion of precisely why the exchange needed to be hurried. Then, it dawns on him. "And the documents are clean?" Mox asks, already knowing the answer. "Yes yes. Very clean. Squeaky." S'leazy lies, beads of perspiration falling in rivulets down his face.

Before Mox can respond, radio its team to let them know that danger is incoming, an explosion rocks the building. Danger, it would seem, has already found them. Sounds of heated combat are heard back at the front of the store. Terrified for his life, S'leazy activates some manner of escape protocol and is sucked through an emergency chute that drops him off somewhere far away. He leaves Mox standing there amidst impending violence, but in the presence of the documents they were looking to purchase AND the money they were going to use. Calmly, Mox collects their product and a few extra souvenirs from S'leazy's backroom for the trouble.

Mox returns to the front, rejoining its teammates amidst the ruin that used to be T'Zee's front desk, "S'leazy didn't manage to cleanly secure the documents. You just eliminated whatever security force was sent to apprehend him. Hope we don't catch any heat for this. But... Documents secured. S'leazy is in the wind. Bonus: we keep our money." The refurbisher tosses the briefcase containing their funds to Jarle and follows the team out.

Once back in the hover junker, Mox checks the contents and works on modifying the security badges they need to gain entry into the building housing the AI.

Forgery 11
d12 (+2 forgery, -4 scene, +4 CEP, +4 disguise/role)
[dice:e3hqoxeb]44849:0[/dice:e3hqoxeb]
WD: [dice:e3hqoxeb]44849:1[/dice:e3hqoxeb]
One would imagine with the proper documents, retrieving the AI would be a straightforward task. But in this line of business, one must always expect the unexpected...
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

Pulsing electronic synth music, foreboding and tense, started coming from the internal speakers of the hovertruck.

"All right," said Death Otter, who'd been playing her handheld game system through most of this, "Now that the bullshit part of all this is done, we can get down to the fun stuff."

"This ID, if Mox did his job, should get us through the checkpoint into Level 4A. From there the target is the NTE Ziggurat."

Death Otter brought up a holomap of the level, with the entry checkpoint and the Ziggurat marked. It was a colossal structure, vaguely pyramidial in shape, though with some jagged edges on the way up the slopes of its sides.

"Our target is in there, on sub-level three, a secure R&D laboratory floor."

She tilted the hologram over so that it became a profile view, showing a glowing dot under the pyramid, far underground.

"The AI is fitted with software controls that prevent it from transmitting itself out, and the system it's currently in is pretty much part of the complex. We'll need a two prong approach to get it out. Team Asscrack, your job will be to find a portable data array and steal it. PDAs are..." she paused, her face working as she tried to dumb the explanation down enough, "...they're computers. About the size of a knapsack. They use quantum interferom...you know what? It doesn't matter. Just take one of the big black boxes that says 'NTE-PDA' and then a number. They should have some in the labs, any of them will do."

"MY job will be to get the fucking software shackles cracked so the AI can transmit out of the servers it's on now, and into the PDA," the hacker said then, her tone clearly indicating that THIS was the important part. "I'll also need someone to watch my ass while I work because it's going to be a fucking madhouse in terms of security. So we'll be Team Tittysprinkles."

Truth be told, though she hated to admit it, it would probably have been utterly impossible without the AI itself helping her from the other 'side' of the lockout. Neither of them alone could have broken that security, but together there was a chance.

"So that's all the good news," she continued. "The BAD news is that we'll be in the beating heart of Naruni Enterprises. If we fuck this up, we will be buried in those little fucking...blue guys before we can swallow our cyanide pills. This is NOT a thing we can shoot our way out of, at least not until we clear the Ziggurat."

"So, any questions?"

Hands shot up.

"Cool. Alright we're coming up on the checkpoint. Everyone get their shit together and lets do this."

The battered old hovertruck pulled up to the checkpoint, but Otter went to work well before that, creating a new set of work orders and instructions for the checkpoint staff to find, keyed to their IDs. It wasn't easy...Naruni tracked an insane amount of information on their contracted workforce, and Death Otter had to fabricate it all, going far enough back that the routine searches their systems conducted wouldn't find the end of it.

This was a big deal though. A big risk, and a big deal. The AI wasn't the only thing down in that Ziggurat that Otter was after. Her investigations had turned up some very interesting rumors if true, about a prototype next-gen wearable infowarfare suite. All she had to do was make sure she found that, AND unleashed the AI, AND stole the portable server array, AND got clear of the highly secure installation before alarms were raised AND escaped the Naruni-owned level of Central...and it would be hers to enjoy!

The checkpoint guard took the badges and ID documents from Power Dump, giving the gunbrother a suspicious stare for a second before passing it all off to his partner to check on the system.

A minute or two later, they were being waved to pass through. Fucking sweet.

But of course THAT was when...

Rolls: Computer 9
Knowledge Computer to create the work orders and backstories on the Naruni systems to work with our forged ID and get us inside the Ziggurat. Includes -4 penalty. [dice:2hbf06l2]45496:0[/dice:2hbf06l2] or [dice:2hbf06l2]45496:1[/dice:2hbf06l2] Ace [dice:2hbf06l2]45496:2[/dice:2hbf06l2]

Setting up to include D0's supersuit in this heist!
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Normally, stealing would not be considered very honourable among my people but taking from Naruni who were basically enslaving a sentient computer program made it okay in my book.

While I reflected on the honour of thieving from the rich, their security forces descended on the building. My job was to watch the getaway car and keep the exit clear. Hold the door is normally the job they gave big dumb brutes while all the smart people went inside and did the real work. I am big, and can be a brute, but to think I am dumb would be a big mistake. A mistake these security guards were making by charging right at me.

Naruni may have more money than the forge, but they didn't hire the smartest rent-a-cops in the Three Galaxies. They out numbered me and had ranged weapons but instead they cam close. Much too close. Barring my teeth, sharp jagged teeth of my predatory ancestors, I leapt into action. They weren't expecting that someone so big could move so quickly. Landing in the middle of their poor formation I monetarily considered how pissed off my fire team leader in the CAF Marines would have been if we approached the situation this way, then I shrugged and let out a loud roar, brandishing my power halberd. If I activated the giant weapon I could easily have cleaved the guards in half three at a time. However, I was not one for senseless murder.

Leaving the weapon blunted I knocked them in their heads, hoping they were like most races and kept their brains in there. Of course, if they had brains they would have run away as soon as they saw me. Regardless of their mental faculties the lightly armored humans fell to the ground in a heap. As quickly as it had begun it was over.

Yet, one thing you could always count on about Naruni, they preferred quantity over quality. There would be more guards here soon. Taking up a stance I got read to knock more heads and radioed the team, "Security is wise to us. I recommend we move our tails. Sadly, most of the group didn't have tails, which made me wonder how they kept their balance. Unfortunately, that was a problem for another day, because then...
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Stealth 7
Stealth [dice:2k3gtvzl]45627:0[/dice:2k3gtvzl]
Wild Die [dice:2k3gtvzl]45627:1[/dice:2k3gtvzl]
Memorizing the map Death Otter had provided them, Nimbus and the rest of Team Asscrack head out in search of the PDA's. Knowing the place is crawling with Naruni personnel, Nimbus takes point. After activating his shadow cloak he uses his skill at B&E to dart through the facility with perfect timing, narrowly avoiding being spotted a dozen times. When he finally does see the object labeled PDA, he spots a security drone flying nearby. All that sneaking around and I still have to sound the alarm... He pulls his shard pistol out and carefully aims. "Get ready to run, heh..." a stream of razor-sharp ice shards fly from his pistol and connect solidly with the drone, shredding it to pieces.He and the team swiftly dart into the restricted area, grabbing the PDA and heading out the same way they came in. In the distance, the klaxon of an alarm sounds as the missing drone is noticed. And then...
Last edited by Nimbus on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ramson Gourdaine

Post by Ramson Gourdaine »

OOC Comments
Used Psionics to dominate first a guard, then a Naruni Security Officer. Scene -4, but would've burnt extra ISP on key rolls to get +2 via Major Psionics.

Psionics [dice:3vdle08i]45772:0[/dice:3vdle08i]
Wild Psionics [dice:3vdle08i]45772:1[/dice:3vdle08i]

+1 benny for accounting for HJ Armor
When Otter laid out her plan, Ramson declined to join either team, going off on his own.

The teams had managed to rendezvous, despite the alarms going off. That gave Death Otter the chance to download the AI to the PDA. Sadly, in the time it took for her to do that, the team had been hemmed in. There was a temporary standoff--not enough guards were there to force their way into the computer rooms where the team had been able to barricade themselves--but at the same time, there were too damned many of the faceplated goon squad out there for escape to be anything but a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid moment.

Then Security Officer, First Class Leerroi Jenx arrived on the scene, accompanied by yet another of the anonymous guardsmen, acting as a personal attache. "Alright, you dogs, stand down! Your performance has been abysmal here, people! Corporal, show these laggards how to subdue a pack of infiltrators!"

Stepping quickly to the fore, the attache bellowed out, in a familiar intonation, though his voice was masked by the amplifier in the armor, "Alright you asscracks! Get your tittysprinkles in order, because I'm coming back there with manacles and black bags. You're either getting escorted by S.O. Jenx down to Interrogation, or you're going out in three times as many body bags as most folks would think were needed!"

Matching word to deed, the guardsman boldly marched past the guards in foyer, down the corridor to the computer room, and climbed over the overturned table that was providing the team with cover when they returned fire. During the entire march, only a single blast came down the corridor, and that was followed by a meaty smack and someone female shouting, "Dammit, Dump! Knock it off!"

A few minutes later, the guard emerged, leading the prisoners--in neck-cuffs on a long chain, and wearing black bags over their heads. He also was carrying the PDA. "We'll need to take this, too, Sir--I think they might've tampered with it."

S.O.1. Jenx nodded sharply. "Good job, Officer! You get down them situated in Interrogation while I have these louts start cleaning up this mess." As the guard led the prisoners away to the elevators, Jenx continued. "We'll have to assume that they might've planted bombs in the center, so no one goes in there until the demolitions disposal team arrives, understood?" Then he jogged to catch up to the prisoners.

The doors to the elevator closed to the shouts of, "Sir, yes sir!"

The guard turned to Jenx. "Well done. Now get some rest--you've earned a little shut-eye."

Without hesitation, Jenx lay down in the elevator floor, and started snoring. "You can take off the hoods and necklaces, now--the Naruni don't put cameras on this elevator, because a lack of video means it's easier to 'disappear' people. Otter, stop this thing when we get to halfway between five and six. That map you had showed a vent we can use to slip out of here before Jenx is missed."

Ramson liked the guardsman armor so much that after everything was over, he had it remodeled to be pretty much unrecognizable in origin, but still very functional. "Didn't realize they were getting their armors supplied by the UWW. Guy I took it off of should be waking up in a few hours. Let's be long gone by then."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1

Return to “Remorseless Archive”