01.3 Some Time for Shopping

Ndreare
Savage Siri

01.3 Some Time for Shopping

Post by Ndreare »

As the team approaches Castruccio's office they find an opportunity to ditch the newly acquired assets rather than risk potential legal trouble elsewhere. Making it through the door the Repobots acknowledge the team as they are lead quickly to the correct elevator.

"Castruccio is expecting you." The monotone voice of the agent leading the way was no more off putting that the sterile environment or the maintenance robots perform their various duties. As the door from the elevator opens you see it is not to the normal floor he has you meet him on. Instead this room looks much more like a laboratory.

The technicians in the room instantly swarm forward as their robots and themselves go to work ensuring that Abreaz is in good enough condition they can remove her gear. "You've done excellently, I do not often have the chance to give such high praise, but it is well deserved. Of course your payments will be sent immediately as well as the promised forgiveness." As he talks Castruccio walks you back into the elevator. "Their work will need to be sterile to ensure she lives, so lets not endanger her life any more than necessary."

As you get to the top Castruccio says in a casual manner. "Looks like the money has been transferred to your accounts. Feel free to check them, and with no damage expenses for me to subtract, I am impressed. I was honestly worried PD there would have doomed the mission. But you all performed so well.

"So are you ready right away for another job, or are you the kind of addicts that need to run out and spend some of your new hard earned wealth right away? Because I have a target ready for repossession as soon as you are ready for another mission."

Rewards
You receive 1,000,000 Credits. I assume you will want to divide that between the ship and each other then do a little shopping?
OOC Comments
Feel free to continue posting and role playing in the other threads. If you want to go shopping post a interlude of your shopping here and use the Out of Character thread for approval of items.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Power Dump

Re: 01.3 Some Time for Shopping

Post by Power Dump »

Power Dump looks soulessly at big C. He could either rip C’s head off or give him a hug... Perhaps PD might burst into song or give into a fit of laughter. His eyes were just black limpid pools that were no doorway into a soul but instead a gatway to the abyss. ” More work is good. So are space wasps. I hate faries.” Most folks thought he was a lumbering savage. Might as well give them some good ammunition. PD adjusts his black t-shirt that says titty sprinkles is pink on it. His third arm produces another in C’s size. ” For you.” He gives C the sweet T.
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Ramson Gourdaine

Post by Ramson Gourdaine »

Capt. Ramson oversees the divvying of the loot--175K for everyone on the crew, and 125K for the ship's Operations Fund. Looking over his loadout, he considers. "I definitely need to pick up something better than this pea-shooter." He gestures at the basic laser pistol on his belt. "And I think if we're gonna be doing more recovery jobs, I want to bring in my traveling companion."

The Simvan looks around at the others. "What do you guys say? We can disperse to pick up some gear, then meet back here in a few hours--if anyone wants to commission custom work, you might want to do that, too." He looks at the Bio-Borg. "Power Dump, I think you'd best consider getting your own companion down here, as well. That's not an order, just advice." Just like knowing not to get all disciplinarian on Death Otter, he knew better than to try to give PD orders where the Techno-Wizard was concerned; they'd both made it clear that she was not part of the crew, but rather, she was 'with' the abomination of nature, for whatever value of 'with' the mind cared to contemplate. "But you're going to have a target on the back of your skull for awhile, wouldn't hurt to have someone else looking out for you. And if she wears her visor down, they might make the mistake of hitting her with a visual illusion."

If there's no objections to the plan of going on a quick shopping run and calling in the snake (and maybe the Altaran TW), then he'll nod to Castruccio. "See you here before close of business today, I think. I'll be sure to let you know if we get delayed for some reason. Pleasure doin' business."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1

Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Nimbus takes the cred stick and slips it into one of the many pockets of his coat. "I'm gonna get some shut eye." he says, and finds a directory that leads him to the closest coffin hotel. He takes a quick power nap, but he's woken up by nightmares. He sighs to himself and decides to have a look around, see if he can remember any of the old hidey holes he and his crew knew about on Center.
Scrounging, 3, Fail
Scrounger
Spellcasting [dice:3a0vb8io]49612:0[/dice:3a0vb8io]
Wild Die [dice:3a0vb8io]49612:1[/dice:3a0vb8io]
The sleeplessness is too distracting and he can't quite focus enough to remember where any of them were. His thoughts are preoccupied with someone slipping into the abyss of deep space, tumbling slowly.
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Glad for a job well done, Sa'Maku is ready for the next mission. However, as the others spend some of their cash the big guy figures it is worthwhile to improve his versatility. Hitting people with an unpowered weapon was awkward when trying to avoid a kill and using violence to control the crowd would have been very dishonorable.

"If our next mission is here on Centre I would like to procure my combat armor from the ship. Not having it slowed our progress. It is also wise to gain some new tactical options."

After retrieving his armor, Sam browses an independent weapons dealer, one who specializes in non-standard weaponry from across the Three Galaxies, Sa'Maku looks for a neural disruptor or some other non-lethal way of taking down bounties and bystanders. Instead of a disruptor he finds something completely unexpected, a net gun. While he is no fan of the Splugorth the thought or redeeming the weapon for honorable use pleases the Seljuk.

With some disdain he approaches Power Dump with the weapon, "Can your techno-smithy power this weapon?".

Geared up for live takedown Sa'Maku dons his CAF Marine Armor and prepares for action.

"What is the job?"
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

Otter snorted at the question. "Obviously we have to spend it. Gotta stay SOTA, or we stumble...and fall...and are gone." She blew over her twiggling fingers, signifying dust in the wind.

"But it won't take long. I know a guy. So yeah, like he said, what's the job?"

--

When there was a chance, Death Otter headed to the 'guy she knew' to see what she could do with nearly 200G.

The 'guy' was admirably paranoid, doing business almost entirely through cheapass remote controlled robots made up to look like cutesy kid-marketed robot mascots from amusement parks. Pickups and payments handled through drones. It was a pretty sweet setup. No inventory at risk except an entirely expendable robot, and his life and identity were shielded quite well. Otter figured if she ever really wanted to, she could probably track the signals and find him...but unless he did her dirty, why bother?

Today the funhouse robot was a scruffy, pudgy yellow-orange furbag that looked like it had been in a scrapyard long enough for the fur to start to fray and fall off, exposing the rusted components underneath. The wide, blue eyes lit up as Otter approached, and the robot straightened out. She was pretty sure the robots had proximity sensors that detected people getting close and signaled the controller that business was at hand. Much easier than monitoring what she suspected were dozens of feeds from around the city.

"Ahhh," the robot wheezed in an electronically jolly voice. "Death Otter. The prodigal returns. Please don't tell me you broke my pride and joy."

Otter grinned and opened her coat, showing the sleek lines of her laser rifle concealed beneath. It had been one of Gameboy's special reserve; a military-specced weapon for black ops target elimination squads. The optics in it were cranky as hell, but produced an incredibly intense beam that could slice through armor in seconds. "Nope. Gonna need another cleaning kit in a little while though."

The robot's face whirred and ground hideously as it tried to smile and wave. "You don't need me for that. What can I do for you, number one customer?"

Gameboy was such a sweet-talker.

Death Otter said, "You have any of those phased array micrometer radar setups? The kind that goes over armor."

"Maybe, but they don't come cheap, Otter. You went through your store credit alread..."

She shook her head and gestured, cutting him off. "I've got real credits this time. Also, what's your special today?"

The robot slapped its scruffy knees. "Ah, I won't even TEASE you with that one. It's high rollers only for the special stock today."

Death Otter burst into laughter. "Shit, can you just can it? You're not gonna SHAME me into telling you how much CASH I have so you can fuck with your pricing, you ass! Just show me what's under your panties."

Gameboy's robot pantomimed shame, its metallic paws rising to cover those disturbing, flickering eyes. "Alright, alright. But no joke, it's a big one this time. Second-generation phase tech that's got kitbashed into point to point teleportation projector. Range of just under fifty meters."

The hacker's eyebrows lifted slightly...the only visual cue of her astonishment. Phase tech, even in grey markets like Gameboy, wasn't common...or cheap. "I'll give you seventy for it."

The robot squealed in interference, or maybe laughter. "That's barely enough to cover the bribes! No, I need at least a hundred fifty, and..."

"Fine! Eighty-five. That's all I can get."

"Not my problem, little death. Like I said, a hundred fifty, or..."

Otter frowned, then tilted her head. "A hundred," she said. "Cash. Right here, right now. You need that shit out of your hands fast right? Bribes or no bribes, it's got attention. People are tracking it down. Right now. You'll never get a hundred fifty cash without advertising, and you can't afford to advertise."

She produced her credit chit. "One hundred, no questions, no delays."

The robot went slack for a moment, then animated again. "Deal. Still want that radar? I'll throw that in for fifty."

He must really need the one-fifty, she thought. Might be able to press, but...Gameboy was a good supplier. Push too hard and she'd wreck that.

"Deal," was her reply.

A few minutes later the whirr of a drone's rotors could be heard. Then another. They must have flown close while the haggling was happening, anticipating a close. She put the 150,000 on the balance of a blank secured credstick, let the drone scan it, then deposited in the drone's cargo bay. The other drone descended with a small lockbox in its claws. The box opened with an encrypted signal, and inside was her purchase. A small black plastic node with a series of straps attached to it, like a harness...and an elastic band with a small electronic box attached.

She took them.

"These are tested, yeah?"

"You wound me, Otter. How do you think I stay in business?"

Otter shrugged. "Since no one knows who you are, and you can change robots anytime...doesn't seem like it'd be hard. Thanks for the gear, Gameboy. I'll look you up if there's any issues."

Innocent sounding words, veiling a bit of a threat.

Gameboy chuckled. "Stay safe, number one customer." Ditto, except more of a warning than a threat.

Then the light in the robot's eyes died away, and it slumped at the waist...becoming just another piece of alleyway trash.

Return to “Remorseless Archive”