02.1 - The Planning Phase

Ndreare
Savage Siri

02.1 - The Planning Phase

Post by Ndreare »

With the team accepting the job once they get back to the ship they know it is time to get to work. Castruccio is a capitalist and always has more than one team on a job. With other mercenaries out there it would be a good idea for them to finish this job before a team less capable of restraint is able to find the Sovereign and someone gets hurt real bad.

IMPORTANT READ CAREFULLY
To prevent this game from falling into limbo I am giving a hard limit for the action to begin.

You have two weeks to plan this job IRL. (This also covers my Turnaround peek so yall are not waiting to much on me.)

Post your ideas and plans here, even OOC posts are okay for this planning phase thread because of the nature of gaming.

When rolls and information from the GM is needed in character rolling can happen here: viewtopic.php?f=180&t=3620
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Axel Krowe

Re: 02.1 - The Planning Phase

Post by Axel Krowe »

Not one for subterfuge Sa'Maku only has a few suggestions to offer, "We know the exact specifications of the box, I recommend we swap a duplicate and leave something of value in it for the Sovereign crew. Stealing outright from our allies has little honor, but purchasing the item without their knowledge seems fair."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Sa’Maku wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:39 pm Not one for subterfuge Sa'Maku only has a few suggestions to offer, "We know the exact specifications of the box, I recommend we swap a duplicate and leave something of value in it for the Sovereign crew. Stealing outright from our allies has little honor, but purchasing the item without their knowledge seems fair."
Power Dump looks at the hulking Sam creature with little feeling but a keen eye towards the merit of the plan of purchasing. ” We will need someone they do not know to broker the purchase. I too would find little honor in harming them however I would leave Killing them and leaving none left to tell the tale on the table as an option of last resort.”
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Edges of Note: Brave, Elan, Ace
Skills of Note: Fighting d12, Piloting d12+3, Notice d8, Stealth d10, Smite d10
Combat Edges:
  • Killer Instinct, Improved Level Headed, Combat Ace, Quick Draw
Combat Abilities:
  • Danger Sense Super Power
  • 2 Extra Actions (Third Arm, and Fast Reflexes)
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Powers: PPE 25/20
Active: d12 spirit(1round), exalted detect arcana(2 rounds)
Self: Intangibility( 6 PEE, Stealth increase) Smite (2, Resurrection Dispel)
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Jacket: Q4 Talisman creation( arcane machinist)
  • Boost/Lower “Quantum Box Talisman” 10/2 PPE
  • Invisibility “ Vanishing Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • detect/conceal “Arcane Talisman” 15/13 PPE
  • Eviormental Protection “Adaptive Climate Control Talisman” 15/15 PPE
  • Bolt, “God Gun” 15/11 PPE
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
+1 benny for catching Hiesh
-1 Agility catch the slip
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Ramson Gourdaine

Post by Ramson Gourdaine »

Ramson shakes his head. "I think you misunderstand, Power Dump. We are not going to arrange this as a normal purchase--rather, we will substitute the box without their knowledge, then leave something in the fake box that compensates them fairly for the acquisition."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1

Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Sa'Maku nods his head as Ransome clarifies the operation, "Yes. I believe that is the best approach. Of course, we must determine what it is they might value. Credits perhaps, or an item they need to acquire for another job. Either way, we will have to secure the false box and the replacement item."
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Power Dump nods finally understanding how Sam was using the word purchase. However, an errant thought strikes his soulless body like a hot knife through cream of wasp. Carefully he considers his words seeking to make sure he does not make another misunderstanding. ” What is the plan if our former friends are a curious bunch and have discovered the boxes contents?”
OOC Comments
Attributes: Agility d12(1R, 3) Smarts d8(2FG), Spirit d4, Strength d8(2R)[d12], Vigor d8 (2)
Charisma: -5 or -9; Pace: 20, leap 4”x 8”; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 13(7); Strain: 0 ; PPE: 25
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
  • BFB: str +2d8, Notes: AP 4, enchanted silver, Mega Damage for 1 Power Point; for +4 PPs also gain +2 Fighting, the Improved Frenzy and Berserk Edges, and +4 Armor for three rounds.
  • Draining Blade: str +1d8, Notes: Costs 3 Power Points to charge for +2 damage. If spend 3 Power Points before making an attack with the blade, then on a successful hit, the target makes an opposed Spirit roll against the wielder's Fighting result to resist both lower Trait (Vigor) and slow.
Armor: Teleport (3+, Dimensional Follow), Darksight (1, Enhanced Vision), Dispel(3, Temporal Lockdown)
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"Akeeyera P-120 commercial microfabricator," Death Otter said abruptly as she roused herself from communion with the planetnet. "Five thousand credits on standard exchange. I need someone to go pick it up. I'm thinking PD, but whatever."

"While that's going on, the rest of us will find the Sovereign. We lure as much of her crew away as we can and keep them busy. We infiltrate the ship, machine a new box and its contents on the spot...then we get out with the goodies."

She gives Sa'Maku a glare. "And we're not leaving 'something of value.' We leave a DUPLICATE of what they STOLE. That's the POINT."

"Any questions?"
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Power Dump leans in when Death Otter speaks like he is getting drunk on her words. As he nods in agreement he growls, " It would be the honor of myself to retrieve this fabricator miss Otter." He frowns slightly some black ichor leaking out of his open wounds. With one hand he scoups it up not wanting to leave an unsightly mess in front of Death Otter. He continues lamenting his many woes, " I am lacking the 5,000 creds. Almost immediately after the battle I ran into Bio Bob who was selling a living shackle strait off his back. Sadly. I did not have enough creds to completely purchase it. Instead Bio Bod let me put it on hold as long as I gave him all the creds I had. He called it layaway."

Lady Arsenal appears out of no where and sticks him in the side with a spider looking bio-wizard device commonly called an empathic healer. Although this one in particular seems a bit more crude than the ones you could purchase from the Splynn D market. Her lips are formed into a slight scowl, " You did what with our money?"

Power Dump squirms a bit as she digs the legs of the small golden gleaming spider over his wounds. It would seem his lady is none too happy that he squandered their money without consulting her first. He growls, " Ahh... Lady I..." She presses a finger to his lips.

Having healed him she turns to leave, " Shhh... PD not in front of the crew. Now it seems if you are really interested in leaving our former crew mates something worthwhile I would suggest finding out what they are up to and give them some info that will help them out. Other than that Otter is right, lets not leave them a pile of creds while we are at it. I'll be in the engine room getting us prepped for flight. Fresh space wasps in the galley. Haha."

She cracks a smile unable to stay made for long and walks out swaying her hips cackling something about spacing her competition.
TW healing
TW arcane machinist to make the device: [dice:6mloil71]50281:0[/dice:6mloil71] wild [dice:6mloil71]50281:1[/dice:6mloil71]

TW to use tje device on PD +4-2 wounds: [dice:6mloil71]50281:2[/dice:6mloil71] wild [dice:6mloil71]50281:3[/dice:6mloil71]

PD's wounds are healed.
OOC Comments
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Power Dump watches his lady walk away and then accesses his data pad making some notes. While he might be a souless murdering machine with some kind of cockeyed code drempt up from a work of fiction he was smart and a capable planner. Base on the conversations presented he took it all down and frowned knowing he could not accopmplish this alone.

He sent a transmission to the groups communicator outlining some of his thoughts. To those present he put his data on the nearby holographic projector. ” Ok step 1 Soverign’s Wearabouts. We need to find out where the crew of the Sovergin is and what job if any they have taken... Step 2 The box. We need to know everything about it. What its dimentions are, what was in it and who it belonged too. Step 3 the fabricator. Lady Arsonal already sent me a shop and the specs that Miss Otter indicated. Complete those three steps and then we should be ready to leave Center with the knowledge of where our former crew mates are and a fair approximation of the materials inside the box.”

He puts his data pad down and sends out another messege, Let’s get to work. Please send Lady Arsonal which step you are on and she will keep track of everyone’s progress.
OOC Comments
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"I already bought the fab," Otter informs PD with the someone distracted look she gets when accessing the local network. "Working on finding the ship. Got the box specifications from our employer, but we need to have access to the package before we can fab it...hence the fab."

Her eyes focused on nothing, and she waved a hand absently, interacting with something in virtual reality.

"Here's the DEAL. We know these guys, most of them...so I say, lets invite them to a, uh, PARTY or something. Something in their honor so most-slash-all of them will show up. We have a BUNCH of us meet them there, entertain them, beer and hookers, keep them busy...while a few of us execute the plan to get onto the ship, get access to the giant, throbbing PACKAGE, fab a copy of it, and escape with the real thing."

"We may want some new BLOOD...just to pad out the infiltration team...so we don't have to come up with excuses for a suspiciously large percent of our crew to miss the shindig."

"So! We need party planners. And we need to find the ship and case it. And we need to get as many of them as we can away from it. And we need to defeat its security and sneak on and...THE REST OF IT, DOTDOTDOT PROFIT OKAY?!"
Power Dump

Post by Power Dump »

Power Dumps blind Alara techo smith pops her head in from a duct in the ceiling. ” Did someone say party? I once threw a shindig for Hi Lord Butterflied Eater and his wife. I must say the Greater Demons, inteligences, and even Splynn himself greatly enjoyed themselves.” She smiles lopsidedly and suggests, ” Perhaps we could throw it on one of those Pleasure planets in the thunder cloud galaxy.”

Just before she ducks back into the air duct she mentions one last thing, ” Or if you really want them to be at a location... Lets face it their comms are probably not lighting up for a job with them being so overly picky. Might I suggest a small alteration to the party... Give it more of a purpose for them to be there. We could hit up one of the pleasure planets where royal princes go to sow their oats. Kidnap a bigshot, then let their people know the crew of the Soverign must be hired if they want to see their crown prince or princess ever again. They come to investigate and then boom a little miss direction gets them off the ship to some swanky establishment where they are supposed to meet a contact with info on where the prince is. Thats where the party is! Maybe even use one of our new folks. The pretty one. The rest of us don’t even need to be their. We could hire some local muscle if we needed too. Make the swap while they are tied up with our staged front. Make the swap and throw our own private party with 5 million creds!” Lady Arsonal laughs and goes back to work in the vent clanking and clicks some rivits and wires.

Power Dump for his part nods recognizing his origional plan was too small.
OOC Comments
Combat Edges:
Combat Abilities:
Weapon of Note
Bennies
0 Golden
5/3
+1 Hi post rate
+1 F and G
+1 honor hindrance
+1 debatchery Hindrance
-1 Agility to find Heish
-1 Tracking Sovereign
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

"A party is an excellent idea," Sa'Maku agrees. "As much as it aggrieves me to say it, perhaps Power Dump has a point, a party invitation alone seems insufficient. We must bait the trap a little more if we wish to attract the Sovereign crew. Money is their highest calling after all."

While planning continues Sa considers the menu at the party, imagining giant stacks of freshly killed meat...or even better a kill and eat your own buffet.
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Ramson Gourdaine

Post by Ramson Gourdaine »

Considering that, Ramson replies to Sa's final comment. "Perhaps, then, instead of a party, we should find out if they have a job currently going, or alternately if they are looking for more work. Either would give us an in for leading them out. We fake a lead, or even use some connections to swing them a legitimate job interview, perhaps? They end up docking where we arrange, and we move in while they're occupied."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1

Fiona Gladbrooke

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke »

Death Otter wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:29 pm
"This is the Sovereign," the hacker said. She blew a bubble in her chewing gum, then popped it and sucked the limp pink remains back into her mouth. "Just before it left port. Funny story about this footage, but we'll orbit back to that."

A stream of data appeared in a sidebar on the image, scrolling rapidly. "This is the flight plan she filed with Center port authority. Unfortunately, they only logged their jump point, BUUUUUT because I'm awesome..." the footage being holographically projected in the air over the table flickered and changed to a rotating depiction of a spiral-armed galaxy. "On their way out to FTL jumping distance, they sent out several signals. Arranging lodgings, requests for shopping lists...all aimed at..."

The image wavered and shifted again, now showing a radiant blue planet flecked with white tufts of clouds and curls of green far below.

"Paradise. Thundercloud galaxy. It's basically a giant resort operated by the resident species called..."
Here Death Otter started breaking into giggles. "...Pleasurers. Not even joking. That's actually the name they chose to be translated as. ANYWAY!"

"What a fucking coincidence that their old buddies are on that planet too, eh? We should totally catch up on old times and get drunk and rent a few PLEASURERS or something! Oh shit, almost forgot the other thing."

Death Otter flicked back to the footage of the ship in the port on Center. "So if there were any astute among you, you'd have noticed that this is not normal berth security camera footage. Quality is low, there's missing metadata crawl, and the angle is all wrong. Our old buddies were under surveillance while they docked here. Three hand-placed microcameras watching the ship from angles they could specifically view spots that the security cameras wouldn't be able to see."

She clicked the image off.

"The frequencies they were working on are registered to Center port authority, and the encryption was Center security. There was also a security checkpoint close by with orders to observe the corridors outside the berth for unusual activity. No specifics in the orders, and no actions other than observe. Maybe most importantly, the orders didn't name THEM, which is IMPORTANT because it implies that the SOURCE of the orders didn't want anyone to KNOW. Not even the ones carrying the orders OUT."

"So someone else is interested in them. And because they didn't do TOO good a job covering their tracks, it's ENTIRELY possible that they ALSO know where the Sovereign went. So be ready for a little of the old 'competition,' my glassy-eyed crew!"
Fiona can't help but smile at the hackers reaction to the name of her species. "So we know where they are going, but not why? That does seem to be important data as well. If they're working another job and are just toting our target around with them, that gives us more time to plan and act than if they are going there to unload it. And since at least two very wealthy parties, our employer and whomever they stole it form, are looking for it, it is presumably valuable to others. There are some people I can ask about recent jobs and who may have taken them to figure out your friends goals on Paradise. It should only take me a couple of hours. It also may be wise to try and learn who owned the box previous to it's theft."

After addressing the crew on the job at hand Fiona turns to Otter, "Pleasurers are so named because we are empathic shapeshifters who can mimic the shape, voice, and even expected mannerisms of our partners desires. The name was not something we chose, but a role we often take." To punctuate the statement the pleasurers form shifts to the attractive muscular male form from an erotic action game Otter has played recently, her armor changes as well to reflect "battle damage" that leaves little to the imagination. Shifting back to her usual shape she smiles sweetly. "Sadly the name stuck despite those of us who use our powers for other things."
Fiona Quick stats
[https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=4214]Fiona Gladbrooke[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10 base, 24 (11) in full kit
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

Death Otter erupts into laughter at that. "If by 'sad' you mean 'hilarious,'" she blurted. "I mean, what did you guys THINK was going to happen? You lost CONTROL of the NARRATIVE. But anyway, THAT spermatozoa's long ejaculated by now."

She observes the shapeshift with narrow eyed, then smirks a little as an entertaining idea occurs to her. One for later.

"Cool. Imma go plot a course or something. You guys work out how to get their crew together and keep them busy for like...a couple of hours, ideally. An hour is pushing it. Half an hour at the absolute worst."
Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Kharis observes the goings on of his new team with some amusement. They all act competent enough, he thinks.

"Well," he says, "I'm afraid I'm not much help in planning space travel. But I have been to a party or two in my day. Granted, a lot of them involved swords, but even so. Maybe I can help you all arrange this little shin-dig you have in mind."
Skanni, Half-Elf Psionicist
Parry: 5; Toughness: 8 (2); Notes: Outsider, Heroic, PTSD, Brave
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker

Return to “Remorseless Archive”