Savage Siri

Re: 03.1 A Stop in Paradise

Post by Ndreare »

OOC Comments
Notice [dice:1jza70ld]53179:0[/dice:1jza70ld]
Wild [dice:1jza70ld]53179:1[/dice:1jza70ld]

Knowledge (Politics) [dice:1jza70ld]53179:2[/dice:1jza70ld]
Wild [dice:1jza70ld]53179:3[/dice:1jza70ld]

Altorio looks up from his mulling and reviews the room. Nodding a little he points to the singers and smiles. Immediately a female member of his entourage walks over to the pair and says. "Altorio says he does not know why you want to speak with him. But your chosen approach is novel and interesting enough he will speak with you."

As Lady Arsenal and Kharis approach the chatter around the table dies down and Altorio smiles arrogantly at you. "Today has been more interesting than most, but I must say if it was not for the look of your guards staring at me I would not have known you needed to see me with that approach." It is obvious from the subtle dismissing hand wave he thinks Ramson and Sa'Maku are your personal guards, but he apparently has not associated Fiona with your crew. "So, what do you have that is more interesting than the other things that have happened this week?"

Death Otter & Rinoa
Death Ottrer and Rinoa, I do not know if you are at your own tables or associated with the group?
If you are being subtle then he does not know you are with the group. If you are with the group and obvious he would invite you over.

@Death Otter and @Rinoa Crescent
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Notice 4
Notice [dice:3glya6mr]53206:0[/dice:3glya6mr]
Wild [dice:3glya6mr]53206:1[/dice:3glya6mr]
Body guard?

Sa'Maku gives a slight grin at the assumption that he is merely hired muscle. That will likely make him part of the background noise of this conversation, which suits the Seljuk just fine. It is rare that he just fades from notice.

He silently, stoically, plays his part.
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Ramson Gourdaine

Post by Ramson Gourdaine »

As they move to the table, Ramson gives a little think-a-gram to the others through Fi's network.

"Kharis, Lady A., you two wave Fiona over. Everyone, Fiona should be deferred to as 'the Boss' of the operation. I get the feeling this is the sort of guy who would find not speaking directly to the one in charge insulting, so let's play to that, instead. I'll just be one of the bodyguards, like he's assumed."
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Simvan Rogue Scholar, Seasoned
Agility d6, Smarts d8-1, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6
Charisma: 0/-4; Pace: 6/d6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 17 (10); Strain: 0
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Shooting d4; Intimidate d8+2; Taunt d8+2; Piloting d6; Persuasion d4
Knowledges: Astrogation d8; Battle d8+2; Politics d8; Science d8+2
Hindrances: Monologuer, Stubborn, Loyal, Bloodthirsty
Edges: Beast Master/Sidekick; Major/Master Psionics;
Investigator; Strong-Willed; Scholar (Battle/Science);
Command; Tactician; Team Leader; Connections (UWW & TGE)
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight
"Scythe" (TW Hoverboard): Acc/TS: 5/20, Piloting +2, +5 PPE
ISP: 39/40
Bennies: 4/3
Golden Benny: 1/1

Lady Arsenal Boss

Post by Lady Arsenal Boss »

I have never waved anyone over from anywhere.

Lady A smiled glistening as only an Altara could. She accepted the wind bags servant offer to join them and understood while the conversation died down when she and Karis approached. It was not easy coming face to face with someone who had worked tirelessly at the Splugorth’s behalf, killed for them, fed them children, and served at the behest of Magstar. No people stopping in mid sentence was no stranger to Lady A. She sighed pressing her lips in that kind of rosey red pouty fashion that carried all sorts of innuendo. Lets get down to business.

Acknowledging the Captain’s orders she started in with the obvious, ” We need to talk. Either you can talk to us or you can talk to our professional negotiator. I am not sure what happened to last man she questioned. She is from what I understand very very good.” Lady A waves in some off handed fashion towards the bar. ” Either way we need some information... Information only you can give. ” She holds up her hands trying to stall would be some kind of brush off and lowers her voice so that just douchebag A can hear, ” What you would find interesting is that Nemisis sent us to find out what happened.”
Attributes: Agility d8( 1 race, 1 advance), Smarts d12(4), Spirit d6(1), Strength d6 ( 1 race), Vigor d6 ( 1 race)
Charisma: 2; Pace: 6; Parry: 4 ; Toughness: 14(7); Strain: 0, PPE:25/25

Bennies: 2/3
-1 electronics roll
Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Kharis goes with @Lady Arsenal Boss and does what he can to cultivate an air of barely-interested aloofness. He finds being of elvish descent very helpful in these types of situations.
Skanni, Half-Elf Psionicist
Parry: 5; Toughness: 8 (2); Notes: Outsider, Heroic, PTSD, Brave
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Lady Arsenal Boss

Kharis wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:21 am Kharis goes with @Lady Arsenal Boss and does what he can to cultivate an air of barely-interested aloofness. He finds being of elvish descent very helpful in these types of situations.
Thoughts from the Boss. Kharis seems to be going along with me. He doesn’t seem very interested though. I wonder if I am doing this wrong. I heard a rumor he is elvish or at least descended from one. My last power lord, Robber of Babies, always said they tasted good because of their practiced feigned aloofness. It’s one of those times I wish I could actually see if he is giving me the you are doing a good job side eye or the stop stop you’re going to get us all killed look.
Attributes: Agility d8( 1 race, 1 advance), Smarts d12(4), Spirit d6(1), Strength d6 ( 1 race), Vigor d6 ( 1 race)

-1 electronics roll
Rinoa Crescent

Post by Rinoa Crescent »

Ramson Gourdaine wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:50 am It's tricky to make out in the club, but then he hears the confirmation that Rinoa is in the telepathic link. The simvan turns to her and gives her a smile. "They are good, aren't they? I'm their manager."

And just so you all know, yes, Fiona can be trusted in your head.

In such close proximity, it should be easy for Rinoa to realize she's speaking to the captain of the vessel that just rescued her from her impromptu spacewalk.
'They are good." Rinoa nods as she continues to play the stranger. She turns back to the bartender and orders a drink, "One Mimett please." Rinoa doesn't seem to be a stranger to the mind talk thing either. Probably because she herself is already a telepath, not that she has shared that fact yet.

"I'll just stay at the bar and watch. Unless you got something in particular you want looked at I could do that too." She says into the mind chat.

After receiving her drink, pays for it with her creds and then turns around to watch the room.
Notice 5
Notice [dice:1cxvk0el]53309:0[/dice:1cxvk0el]
Wild [dice:1cxvk0el]53309:1[/dice:1cxvk0el]
Status Tracker
Rinoa Cresent

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; ISP: 20 / 10
Bennies: 2 / 3
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d8, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d6
Pace: d6 ; Parry: 8 ; Toughness: 9 (4)

Skill of Note: Shooting d12+2 (Wild Die d10)
  • Ace: Add +2 to Pilot, Drive and Boating Skills
  • Combat Ace: May use 1 extra weapon system before MAP penalties.
  • AB: Psionic (with Master and Major Psionic)
  • Elan: +2 when using a benny
    • Boost/Lower Trait (PPE: 2)
    • Clairvoyance
    • Telepathy
    • Professional, Expert, Master in Shooting.
Angelo (Kittani Transformable Robot Fighter)
Robot Armor Notes
  • (*): Numbers in () are while telemechanics is active, these are replacement, not additive.
  • (**): 6 AP from ballistic weapons except rail guns are negated.
Attributes: Strength d12+3
Pace: 20(2d6 MAP) ; Parry: 9(10*) ; Toughness: 21 (8**)
Melee Skill: Fighting d12
Soak Skill: Piloting d12+2(4*)
Weapon System skill: Shooting d12+2 (Wild Die d10)
Other Bonuses
  • Sensors: +2 on Notice Checks
    Targeting System: offset -2 shooting penalties
  • Always considered armed
  • Cannot use Combat Edges in Robot Armor
Weapon Systems
  • 2 x Pulse Cannons (Fixed Vehicle Medium Ion Weapon)
    • Range: 40/80/160
    • Damage: 4d8
    • ROF: 1
    • AP: 4
    • Shots: Unlimited
    • Note: MBT
  • 2 x Mini-Missile Launchers
    • Range: 100/200/400
    • Damage: 5d6
    • AP: 6
    • Shots: 12
  • Dual Linked Light Laser Turret (head mounted)
    • Range: 150/300/600
    • Damage: 2d10+2
    • AP: 5
    • Shots: unlimited
    • Notes: +1 to Hit due to Linked
  • Forearm Energy Blade (2)
    • Range: Melee
    • Damage: STR + d12+1
    • Notes: Mega Damage, Built into each forearm.
Edit Signature
Fiona Gladbrooke

Post by Fiona Gladbrooke »

Fiona Glides over to the table and fixes Altorio with a grin like a star meant only for him. "What my associate means to say is Nemesis visiting you is is what brings us to you. You see we very much would like to.. speak with her and her crew. We had such wonderful conversations with her associates earlier." She pulls her com out of her tiny handbag and plays a video of the battle earlier. Mostly the good parts. "As you can see we are capable conversationalists and after the day she gave you earlier.. Well I bet you'd appreciate someone giving her a good talking to. We just need to know where she is headed. Oh and, if your wounded pride demanded you give us recompense for said conversation we certainly would not object."
Persuasion 22 less any scene modifiers
Fiona's bonus' +8
Persuasion [dice:2ztmln4w]53471:0[/dice:2ztmln4w]
Wild [dice:2ztmln4w]53471:1[/dice:2ztmln4w]
Deus Ex Machina!
Persuasion [dice:2ztmln4w]53471:2[/dice:2ztmln4w] Ace! [dice:2ztmln4w]53471:4[/dice:2ztmln4w]
Wild [dice:2ztmln4w]53471:3[/dice:2ztmln4w]
Fiona Quick stats
[https://savagerifts.com/sr/viewtopic.php?f=209&t=4214]Fiona Gladbrooke[/url]
Pace: 6; Parry: 6/8 Toughness: 10 base, 24 (11) in full kit
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: XX/XX
Bennies: 3/3
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

No plan survives contact with the enemy
Okay I was going to make this a dramatic tasks (social conflict) but you have already grabbed 5 successes and there is no point.

Yes I know this is not SWADE, but I really do not care, SWADE is better and I am unapologetic.

Spirit [dice:giqswpwq]53592:0[/dice:giqswpwq]
Wild [dice:giqswpwq]53592:1[/dice:giqswpwq]

Arties Bennies
Spirit [dice:giqswpwq]53592:2[/dice:giqswpwq]
Wild [dice:giqswpwq]53592:3[/dice:giqswpwq]

Art's last Bennies
Spirit [dice:giqswpwq]53592:4[/dice:giqswpwq]
Wild [dice:giqswpwq]53592:5[/dice:giqswpwq]

A ton of wasted resources for a failed roll. It happens.

As Sa’Maku sets up at the edge watching and waiting for anything suspicious he sees the room is still safe, though Altorio’s distraction was obvious before. Once something new started happening to distract him he obviously became vested. Sa’ had encountered these Altess before, namely Dorian and they were always interested in only the most temporary distractions. Living their lives in a perpetual state of boredom as their technological neigh immortality affected their ability to think of things like honor.

Ramson with him see the others begin responding as his ideas flush out. But it seems Lady Arsonal has her own plans. It occurs to Ramson the independent Altaran has a strong will of her own. Learning to work with her will help both of them get the most out of their talents and the Remorseless make far more profit.
Lady Arsenal Boss wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:27 pm Acknowledging the Captain’s orders she started in with the obvious, We need to talk. Either you can talk to us or you can talk to our professional negotiator. I am not sure what happened to last man she questioned. She is from what I understand very very good.” Lady A waves in some off handed fashion towards the bar.” Either way we need some information... Information only you can give. ” She holds up her hands trying to stall would be some kind of brush off and lowers her voice so that just douche-bag A can hear, ” What you would find interesting is that Nemesis sent us to find out what happened.”
As Lady Arsonal leans in and whispers for Altorio something rolls across his face. To close for the sonar to make it out in detail, the near field effect causing issues with the definition. She is unsure of what, but she knows she had a reaction from him. His body suddenly becomes more loose, relaxed as if he knows something very important to the situation.

Kharis pulls off the elven disinterest perfectly. Somehow a strange synergy forms as the two immortals reflect each other in a way that makes Kharis wonder how much he really has in common with the man you are trying to get information from.

Rinoa’s position at the bar allows her a special vantage of the room. From up here she can see the high end surveillance and the bartender nearly stumbles, a brief laugh escaping his lips before being brought back in under control. She can see he has a ear bud in and whatever he heard must have been the cause. Putting two and two together she can see he must be hearing something happening down at the table where Altorio is, as he glanced down there when he laughed and is still shaking his head mumbling. “Bad play sister, bad play.”

Fiona takes the lead and walks over ready to begin the negotiating, her natural empathy allowing her to be exactly what Altorio would expect. However as she gets close she realizes he is already surrounded by so many artificially beautiful women, that what would garner the most attention and respect from him would instead be competence.
Fiona Gladbrooke wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:12 pm Fiona Glides over to the table and fixes Altorio with a grin like a star meant only for him. "What my associate means to say is Nemesis visiting you is is what brings us to you. You see we very much would like to.. speak with her and her crew. We had such wonderful conversations with her associates earlier." She pulls her com out of her tiny handbag and plays a video of the battle earlier. Mostly the good parts. "As you can see we are capable conversationalists and after the day she gave you earlier.. Well I bet you'd appreciate someone giving her a good talking to. We just need to know where she is headed. Oh and, if your wounded pride demanded you give us recompense for said conversation we certainly would not object."
Altorio listens to the offer and thinks for a bit before speaking. “I love to trade information, but I am not interested in making an enemy with Nimesis. She has a habit of winning and I have no desire to see my investments start having trouble.

“I am afraid you wasted your time coming here.”
The words are the kind of direct and abrupt ending to a conversation Fiona would expect from someone new in the information industry. But then the even more subtle rubbing of his left index finger on the table cloth tells her he is willing to work with her. “Perhaps though you would like to enjoy a dance?” Offering a drink on him for the rest of the team, he get into a conversation with Fiona and the others that takes nearly 2 hours. It does require only a little cheating by skimming his mind, but nothing he noticed.

When she is done she has what is needed. Nemesis was here and she was looking for a box with some Altess brain scans in them. He had them and was supposed to see them safely home. So he gave them to a Mekakurian prince, what a naive and noble moron. Well the fool disappeared and he has not seen either since. She is able to get the last known location of the Prince Alutar’s destroyer. But Altorio really knows nothing else, except he was excited to see Nemesis again after so many decades. Things usually get interesting when she is involved.

Death Otter is left to her own devices not distracted by the others she is able to tap into the local security system. Th surveillance in this place is amazing and the sound quality algorithms are something worth copping to her own files. When shortly after hearing the bartender reveal to Fiona that Nemesis was here earlier she hears Lady Arsenal she thought everything was blown, the bartender himself listening in (an obvious adjunct to the security) nearly choked on his tongue, but Fiona managed to save the moment nicely.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Fiona Gladbrooke

Well, that was fun. I suggest we wait until we get to shuttle to go over things. I'm mostly certain this can't be tapped into but the universe is large and full of wonders so.. Once they're safely aboard the shuttle Fiona opens up with the information she got from the Altess.

Leaning over a console in the ship Fiona shifts back to her regular form. "It seems our box was last in the hands of a Mekukurian prince whose ship was last heard from... here." She enters some coordinates into the display, then turns to the team with a smile. "Also it turns out to be a box of Altess brain slices on slides. Fun." She begins to look thru a storage bin coming up with a packet of "chips". Munching on a few she adds "Oh, and Altorio thinks he snowed me so if Nemesis does check back in with him he'll tell her he misdirected us. Because he thinks he did."
Fiona Quick stats
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Lady Arsenal Boss

Lady A nods smiling slightly, ” Fantastic. Nice job Fiona. Sorry I was such a Dorian. I thought I could help. But social grace has never been mystyle. I imagine you have eyes and lips so were using them to ensorcel Altaro like I have heard on audio stories.”. She pauses and chuckles, Next time S’am sings. Now, lets get off this rock before PD murders you lot.” Lady A leans into Caps snake and scratches it under the chin. ” Good boy. Whose a good boy.”

-1 electronics roll
Fiona Gladbrooke

Lady Arsenal Boss wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:38 pm Lady A nods smiling slightly, ” Fantastic. Nice job Fiona. Sorry I was such a Dorian. I thought I could help. But social grace has never been mystyle. I imagine you have eyes and lips so were using them to ensorcel Altaro like I have heard on audio stories.”. She pauses and chuckles, Next time S’am sings. Now, lets get off this rock before PD murders you lot.” Lady A leans into Caps snake and scratches it under the chin. ” Good boy. Whose a good boy.”
"The idea to sing was inspired and your voice is divine dear. Then you made a gamble that didn't play out, it happens to us all. Playing off his fear of her was good instincts. You just didn't know she'd already been there and took what she needed." Nibbling on some more snacks then drinking some water. "Reading you mark is more important than batting eyes. Usually.. Tells like micro expressions and tensing muscles, posture changes and the like. Familiarity with a marks species and culture is important too. A gesture might indicate anger in humans from one world and openness in ones from another. Not to say it takes an expert to get what you want, but it sure can help."
Fiona Quick stats
Edit Signature
Rinoa Crescent

Post by Rinoa Crescent »

After back on the shuttle, Rinoa looks at the display. Mekukurian prince? I wonder if they knew what was going on. But that's not the right place.

"Um, that's not where the ship last was. It was over here." She points to some other coordinates on the screen. "The Ragnarok was hired to guard the ship but they are too freaking slow. We.. I mean they were hired too late and the prince's ship disappeared before we could get there to guard it."
Status Tracker
Rinoa Cresent

• Clairvoyance
    • Telepathy
Robot Armor Notes
  • (*): Numbers in () are while telemechanics is active, these are replacement, not additive.
Other Bonuses
Weapon Systems
Edit Signature
Axel Krowe

Post by Axel Krowe »

Their trip was a bust.

The realization frustrates of the team's futility enrages Sa'Maku deep in his core. Frustration at not only losing the job but getting no closer to his own exoneration touches something deep and primal in the mighty warrior. Yet, an honourable warrior is not a slave to his emotions. So rather than go on a destructive rampage inside the Mirage casino the Seljuk mercenary clenches and unclenches his fists, his claws twitching, ready to strike at the first source of irritation.

"Let us begone and resume our mission. At least Grudge has fallen for a time." Yet even that victory rings hollow as it adds little to their success.
Axel Krowe, BAMF
Ramson Gourdaine

Ramson listens and nods. "Alright, it sounds like we got a heading, then--thanks for that, ladies. Let's get underway, folks, and see if we can play catch-up. I know this is annoying--we should've had the box by now. But then, if it was easy, we probably wouldn't be getting paid so much."

The Simvan turns to Rinoa. "Alright, so, I got your backstory, but if I'm going to make the most effective use of you, I need to know what you're bringing to the table, besides that rather impressive machine we passed on the way in here."

Meanwhile, Thissok, not at all offended at being called "boy" by the Altaran, slithers so that her head is in Lady Arsenal's lap. Periodically, the long forked tongue slips out to taste the air.
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block
Riding d6; Psionics d10; Investigation d8+2; Streetwise d8+2; Fighting d6; Notice d8
Powers: beast friend; boost/lower Trait; telepathy; puppet; environmental adaptation; darksight; farsight

Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Fiona Gladbrooke wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:03 pm
Leaning over a console in the ship Fiona shifts back to her regular form. "It seems our box was last in the hands of a Mekukurian prince whose ship was last heard from... here." She enters some coordinates into the display, then turns to the team with a smile. "Also it turns out to be a box of Altess brain slices on slides. Fun." She begins to look thru a storage bin coming up with a packet of "chips". Munching on a few she adds "Oh, and Altorio thinks he snowed me so if Nemesis does check back in with him he'll tell her he misdirected us. Because he thinks he did."
Kharis furrows his brow a bit. "Brain slices on slides? Whose brain? And how could that be valuable enough for all this trouble?"

He looks askance at the controls for the ship, knowing one of them was the switch that would activate the Remorseless's FTL engines, and leave him with another headache. The one I've got now was just finally starting to go away.
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker
Rinoa Crescent

Post by Rinoa Crescent »

Rinoa anwsers back to Ransom, not holding back any of her skills or abilities. "I suppose my skills include piloting, piloting robot armor. I'm trained at fighting and renown for my shooting skills. I've also have some psionic potential, telepathy, clairvoyance*, and augmentation."
until SWADE SR then I cry cause they removed a useful psionic power.
Status Tracker
Rinoa Cresent

• Clairvoyance
    • Telepathy
Robot Armor Notes
Other Bonuses
Weapon Systems
Edit Signature
Ramson Gourdaine

Ramson considers, gives her a few test questions, then nods. "Right. During flights, then, we now have a four-person rotation at the helm. Rinoa, you'll take helm during the roughest parts, and Kharis will back you up. Death Otter, myself and Sa'maku will each take a shift at the helm during quieter periods of flight. Lady A, I've seen your rapport with machines enough times to know we can have you on-call in an emergency to help out. Feel free to tinker in your workshop if we aren't needing you."

He looks to Fiona and Nimbus. "Feel free to roam about--we encounter any need for negotiators, I'll let you know, Fi; Nimbus, try to hang near the gunnery station while most of us are on flight duty; it'll make it easier to jump in if we have an irrevocably hostile situation to deal with."

Orders given, he sets back and waits for his turn at the helm.
Ramson Gourdaine
Stat Block

Death Otter

Post by Death Otter »

"Hey, Fiona," Death Otter said as she strolled along, hands laced behind her head. "You said he thought he 'snowed' you...gave you a false lead. You figure out where he was trying to send us? I'll file that as our departure destination...might help us out if they think we bought it."

She smirked. "Dorian tried something like that on me too, on the Sovereign. Someone needs to teach these Altess some new tricks."
Skanni

Post by Skanni »

Ramson Gourdaine wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 pm Ramson considers, gives her a few test questions, then nods. "Right. During flights, then, we now have a four-person rotation at the helm. Rinoa, you'll take helm during the roughest parts, and Kharis will back you up. Death Otter, myself and Sa'maku will each take a shift at the helm during quieter periods of flight. Lady A, I've seen your rapport with machines enough times to know we can have you on-call in an emergency to help out. Feel free to tinker in your workshop if we aren't needing you."
Kharis is a bit taken a aback, but does his best not to show it. A warrior doesn’t easily show weakness, and all that. But inwardly, his emotions are all over the place, and some of that might show on his face.

Me?! At the helm? Well, it’s nothing I haven’t done before on a bit of a smaller scale, and not at FTL. But I can handle it. I’m Helka Ohtar. I can handle anything... right?
Character Sheet
Resource Tracker

Return to “Remorseless Archive”