01.00 - Sweat Lodge

Eugene Whitaker

Re: 01.00 - Sweat Lodge

Post by Eugene Whitaker »

ETU/Raven’s Roost/Basement
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene frowned. “There’s no such thing as ghosts,” he said. Why would they have a respected professor who believed in ghosts? “But I suppose it is more interesting than doing the rah-rah with everyone. We can grab some of the food to go or something.” I mean, why get on a professor’s bad side the first day?
Character Tracker
Eugene Whitaker Character Sheet
Parry: 2; Toughness: 6; Pace: 5 (run d4); Charisma: 0; Academics: 2
Devout: +2 to Spirit tests where their faith might come into play, such as resisting evil powers.
Bennies: 3/3
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Professor Maclanahan looks at Eugene. "There are a surprising number of documented cases of paranormal activity on the campus. My interest started from a desire to see if there was any relationship between local folk tales and reported sightings. Sadly I've not been able to prove such a link, but Jackson and I continue our research nonetheless"

"We have several unexplained instances on tape, but there have been half a dozen reported sightings in this building, usually when events were taking place, so we had high hopes for a sighting tonight. Just remains to be seen whether we got any footage before this happened."

"Yeah, sorry for keeping you guys from the pizza and all. Can be a bit of a feeding frenzy up there" laughs Jackson. "Think the Prof and I are going to be calling it a night. But yeah, totally come over tomorrow and we'll check out the tape then", he tears off a scrap of paper from a notebook and scrawls something on it.
"My phone number, give me a call when you're on you way over, I'll meet you at the doors", he says pressing the note into Philippa's hand.

"Enjoy the rest of the evening, and don't do anything I wouldn't do", he smiles.

"Indeed, enjoy the festivities, I'm told the band are particularly good this year, and if any of you are here for Anthropology, I'll see you in class. Don't be late" added professor Maclanahan.

After Jackson finishes helping the professor gather up the remains of their equipment, the two depart.
Greywolf

GM - East Texas University
Player Accounts
Lysennia Moonsinger - Shaintar
Temperance - Shattered Dreams
David

Post by David »

Greywolf wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:00 pm Professor Maclanahan looks at Eugene. "There are a surprising number of documented cases of paranormal activity on the campus. My interest started from a desire to see if there was any relationship between local folk tales and reported sightings. Sadly I've not been able to prove such a link, but Jackson and I continue our research nonetheless"
"Indeed, enjoy the festivities, I'm told the band are particularly good this year, and if any of you are here for Anthropology, I'll see you in class. Don't be late" added professor Maclanahan.
After Jackson finishes helping the professor gather up the remains of their equipment, the two depart.

David stands there for a moment as the 2 walk away. He has stopped tossing his ball and just stands there shaking his head.
"Can this day get any stranger? First we have this Zebra talk, then the room full of Extinguishers, then the Ghost stories and now to top everything off, I find out My Anthropology Professor and who I will be a teach aid to, is a campus ghost hunter."

He leans against the wall and just soaks everything he has heard in and looking at the others reactions.

"Well, I guess we can all go up to the party. When do you all wish to meet to go visit the Professor?
Parry 5, Toughness 5, Pace 6, Cha 0.
Academics -1
Bennies 3/3
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

OOC Comments
[dice:1zgbd2jc]48401:0[/dice:1zgbd2jc]
[dice:1zgbd2jc]48401:1[/dice:1zgbd2jc]
"I dunno. Monday after class?" Dan suggests. "Might depend a bit on workload. But that's for later. For now, the Class 1 supplies are upstairs"
stats and char sheet
P:5 T:5
W:0
F:0
Bennies: 3

Description
Dan is 5'11" and a fit 175lbs. He is deeply tanned, more so that even native Texans. He has a thin scar on his left check.
He dresses casually, jeans and a T-shirt.

Full character sheet:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=3249
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Renata shrugs.

"Seems like an okay guy, I guess. Weird, but okay." She doesn't mention anything about visiting him though. Did these guys really have nothing better to do than goof around campus hunting 'ghosts' with a batty professor?

...shit, did she? Ugh, that stung.

"Come on, lets go."

She heads out, following the directions to where the party is, hoping to get there before the good stuff is gone.
Eugene Whitaker

Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene still looked quiet skeptical at the professor’s insistence on the supernatural phenomena. But the big boy did know he wanted some of that pizza. The others seemed equally interested.

“I’m sure there’s perfectly reasonable explanations for whatever these stories are,” Eugene said. “Even the extinguishers.”

He glanced over at Zoe while they headed upstairs. “So what’s your favorite pizza?” he asked. “I can try and snag you something so you don’t get caught in all the chaos,” he offered.
Character Tracker
Devout: +2 to Spirit tests where their faith might come into play, such as resisting evil powers.
Zoe Marsh

Post by Zoe Marsh »

" ......gggg...ghosts??!!! WTF ..........this has to be a prank they pull on first years"

guys.....this has to be a prank they pull on first years, right? I mean.......the professors of a respectable.....well......ok-ish university cant be seriously chasing ghosts?..............can he?she said her voice getting higher and higher, finishe=ing with an audible gulp.

She looks at Renata and follows her to the food tables crowded with students. Umm...hei.....if u don't feel like hanging with professor Venkman over there we could hang after class tomorrow...
stats
Academics: 0, Parry: 4 , Toughness: 3, Pace: 6, Charisma: 0
bennies=4
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Renata brightens at that and grins.

"Yeah, that sounds way better than hanging out with the Nutty Professor. What's your last class, I'll meet you."

She can't help but give Eugene a smug glance.
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

in good spirits you make your way back up to the basketball arena. It has indeed been a strange evening so far, but such thoughts are put behind you as you smell the pizza and hear the sounds of the band getting louder as you approach the entrance to the basketball arena.

Up here the lights have been dimmed and there are boxes and boxes of pizza laid out on tables. Students drift here and there snagging slices of pizza as they go. The far end of the room, where the stage was set up has a large knot of students focused on the band. The banner above the stage proclaims them to be 'A Jury of Robots'. They seem to be playing some kind of electronica/dubstep hybrid, but the crowd seem to be getting it, one or two even are dancing.

Looks like the faculty members have beat a hasty retreat, though there are a few security guards, presumably to ensure there isn't too much rowdiness.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

Notice 10!
[dice:a8jhcg9h]48636:0[/dice:a8jhcg9h]
[dice:a8jhcg9h]48636:1[/dice:a8jhcg9h]

[dice:a8jhcg9h]48636:2[/dice:a8jhcg9h]
Dan piles an all-meat, a peperoni, and a bbq chicken slice on a plate and snags a Mountain Dew. He tried to listen to the band, but the fire extinguishers piled in a room nagged him. To damn many nights on fire guard. he thinks to himself. He glances around, trying to spot any extinguishers which might be mounted on the walls.
stats and char sheet

Description
Dan is 5'11" and a fit 175lbs. He is deeply tanned, more so that even native Texans. He has a thin scar on his left check.

Full character sheet:
Philippa-Lynn

Post by Philippa-Lynn »

Notice = [dice:3mqgr755]48639:0[/dice:3mqgr755]
Wild = [dice:3mqgr755]48639:1[/dice:3mqgr755]

Philipa reads the note then makes her way upstairs.
(Obvs, the content of the note is private to Phil at the moment)

She writes down her email address on a few slips of paper and finds the others who were there.
Philipa offers her email address to the others and asks whether they would like to visit the professor tomorrow, depending on classes she will be going in the afternoon.
Eats pizza.
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

to Philippa
you rolled a 6 on your wild die, you can roll again and add
Dan takes the slip. "I'll shoot you an email tonight with my schedule. I think my last class is out at fourteen hundred hours, no, I'm auditing a class which is out at fifteen hundred. We'll work it out."
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Eugene Whitaker

Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene blinked as Zoe ignored him and Renata gave him a smug grin. “Um, yeah, I bet it’s just a freshman hazing or something,” he murmured agreement with Zoe.

Eugene snagged some pizza and looked over to the group of students around the band. It wasn’t really his type of music, but it wasn’t bad. But he wasn’t really a dancer.

Eugene looked a bit surprised when Philippa slipped him her email. “Oh, yeah. Sure, I guess I could meet with up with you and go see the professor.” He bit into a slice of pizza with ham and pineapple and washed it down with root beer.

Character Tracker
Character Tracker
Philippa-Lynn

Post by Philippa-Lynn »

Pip tried the pizza.
“Mm, not bad,” and after touching base with the peeps who were at the scene she hooked up with a group going back to the dorm. Listening to their chat in case the experiences had been more extensive she didn’t mention the incident but swapped email addresses and course details.
Someone suggested a board game in the lounge and Pip joined in, nibbles and hot chocolate and Lords of Waterdeep (Just the one game!)
On reflection, later in her pit, Pip felt that it had been an ok start.
David

Post by David »

Philippa-Lynn wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:50 pm She writes down her email address on a few slips of paper and finds the others who were there.
Philipa offers her email address to the others and asks whether they would like to visit the professor tomorrow, depending on classes she will be going in the afternoon.
Notice
Notice[dice:1pnp7bme]48736:0[/dice:1pnp7bme]
Wild[dice:1pnp7bme]48736:1[/dice:1pnp7bme]
David was looking to see if he could notice any members of the Base Ball team around when Philipa approached and handed him a piece of paper with her E-mail address on it. "I will probably already be there. I picked up a job as a Teachers Aid and as I stated he is one of my Professors so, I will be spending a lot of time with him. I will shoot you a quick message tonight with my info so you have it, I look forward to seeing you around."

David than walked around having a little bit of food and joining up with fellow ball players. He will spend a lot of time with them asking about the team, expectations and their record. If one starts up he will join up in a pick up game.
Academics -1
Bennies 3/3
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

The evening seems to be going well. The pizza is good, and you notice the stack of boxes all say "Pizza Barn", which you remember is down in the nearby town of Pinebox. Probably be worth a trip or two in the future if this is a sample of their fayre.

Tag Daniel
You are just finishing what will probably be your last slice of pizza for the night when you notice someone is watching you. A little way off near one of the doors out of the hall a girl is watching you intently. As you eyes meet hers she smiles at you. It lights up her face and despite the dim lighting you can see that she's very pretty. She beckons you over and inclines her head toward the doorway.
Tag Philippa
The music is passable, but somehow isn't quite hitting the spot. As you attention wanders you notice a couple of janitorial staff scrubbing at some graffiti on the gym wall. Strange, but you don't recall seeing it during the presentation earlier. Nice to see the staff taking such a pride in their buildings and staying on top of things like that.
You make you way toward the exit with your potential board game companions. . .
Tag Zoe
You are nibbling daintily at the edge of your third slice of pizza. You don't have much appetite for it, but it gives you something to play with in you hands while you listen to the others debate about what happened downstairs. It has been a strange evening all round.
Suddenly a voice behind you says "I think y'all have had enough of that. Wouldn't wanna be getting fat now would ya? Why not come dance with me, I can show you a better time than these losers". A huge hand grabs you by the wrist and there is nothing you can do to stop yourself being pulled to your feet. You turn to face a huge guy, probably 6'6" and 240lbs mostly muscle by the look of it, with a smug looking grin on his face.
Tag Renata, Eugene & David
You see a huge guy, probably a football player by the look of him make a bee-line for Zoe and drag her to her feet. He says something about how she should dance with him. A little way off you can see a few other guys probably also jocks clearly enjoying the sight of him manhandling the petite girl. Lots of whoops and catcalls egging him on".
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

Notice 11
[dice:1y0ljcqz]48836:0[/dice:1y0ljcqz]
[dice:1y0ljcqz]48836:1[/dice:1y0ljcqz]
boom boom!
[dice:1y0ljcqz]48836:2[/dice:1y0ljcqz]
[dice:1y0ljcqz]48836:3[/dice:1y0ljcqz]
Dan finished his pizza and tosses his plate and napkin into the overflowing recycle gin. "Excuse me boys and girls, but destiny calls. And she is cute." Dan heads away from the group, angling towards the doorway, keeping an eye on the mysterious stranger. Do I know her? Does she know me? God, she's probably someone's younger sister all grown up.
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Renata, midway in the process of giving Philippa her email address, caught wind of Zoe's predicament. Her eyes hardened, and she said to Pip, "You know, maybe just text me. I hardly ever check my email anyway. I'll...be right back. Scuse me."

She swiftly crossed back to where Zoe was being hauled up by her wrist.

"Hey. Captain Roidrage," Ren said coldly as she arrived. "Coach asked me to let you know he has the urine ready for your 'drug test...'" She made little scare quotes with her fingers around the last two words. "You should probably go take care of that." With a nod towards his pals over in the corner Renata added, "Take your boy band with you, okay? 'Y'all' are kinda laming the party up."
Philippa-Lynn

Post by Philippa-Lynn »

Pip looks where Renata is heading, sizes up the situation quickly. Jock versus girl, other bods who she hardly knows going to fair maids rescue. Hmm time to act quickly. Security guards not too far, how to get them involved before it gets ugly?

Streetwise [dice:33m8maum]48841:0[/dice:33m8maum]
Wild [dice:33m8maum]48841:1[/dice:33m8maum]
Wild open roll [dice:33m8maum]48841:2[/dice:33m8maum]

Result will decide, depending on position of guards and jocks, her actions.
At best she can get there attention and get them to Intervene - at worst she will head for the stage electronics and shutdown the band.
David

Post by David »

you see a huge guy, probably a football player by the look of him make a bee-line for Zoe and drag her to her feet. He says something about how she should dance with him. A little way off you can see a few other guys probably also jocks clearly enjoying the sight of him manhandling the petite girl. Lots of whoops and catcalls egging him on".

David was enjoying some friendly chatter when he notices the issue with Zoe. Oh wonderful. If I want to fully fit in, I need to join the other jocks and be a rude, crude neanderthal. Oh well, I wasn't really that good at Base Ball anyways.

David stops what he is doing and heads over to the nearest faculty member and points out the issue with the big jock.
OOC Comments
Depending on Faculty members response
1) If Faculty member walks over and handles the situation, David will follow over and offer support for Zoe. "You know, I am really sorry I belong to two organizations that haven't evolved yet. The Male race and Jocks. There are still some of us out there with respect and manners."

2) If Faculty member blows it off "Just the football team having fun" attitude, David will walk over and intercede on Zoe's behalf if she hasn't alerted security yet. "Really, a great player such as yourself can't come up with a better pickup line? I would have thought you knew all the good moves. Please, there are proper ways to ask someone you don't know how to dance and just grabbing them isn't one."

3) If Zoe has Security's attention, David will walk over and offer support. "You know, I am really sorry I belong to two organizations that haven't evolved yet. The Male race and Jocks. There are still some of us out there with respect and manners."
Academics -1
Bennies 3/3
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Daniel Carey wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:18 pm Dan finished his pizza and tosses his plate and napkin into the overflowing recycle gin. "Excuse me boys and girls, but destiny calls. And she is cute." Dan heads away from the group, angling towards the doorway, keeping an eye on the mysterious stranger. Do I know her? Does she know me? God, she's probably someone's younger sister all grown up.
The girl leads the way back down a different flight of stairs into the basement. Grabbing you by the hand she drags you into a darkened room off the basement hallway. She pushes you back against the wall and very deliberately melts into your arms. You notice she smells heavily of smoke, but not the scent tobacco, more like a winter bonfire.

"Mmmmm. . . I knew i was right about you. You're special, not like all those other boys. I'm Nina, and I needed to tell you. . ."
"To tell you. . ."
She nuzzles into you neck and her voice drops to a husky whisper, "You’re all going to burn.”

She steps back and a heartbeat later bursts into flames, the entire room following suit.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

OOC Comments
Notice and Spirit
[dice:3t1c2kpc]48861:0[/dice:3t1c2kpc]
[dice:3t1c2kpc]48861:1[/dice:3t1c2kpc]

Fire bad! - spirit check
[dice:3t1c2kpc]48861:2[/dice:3t1c2kpc]
[dice:3t1c2kpc]48861:3[/dice:3t1c2kpc]
I love Texas girls Dan thinks as he embraces the girl. College is going to be ... WHAT THE FUCKING HELL? Dan barely has the presense of mind to grab at her as he lunges backwards out the door into the hall. Eyes watering (OOC: low notice roll) he drops and rolls, trying to look around for a fire extinguisher. Which way was that damned closet...?
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Philippa-Lynn wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:03 am Pip looks where Renata is heading, sizes up the situation quickly. Jock versus girl, other bods who she hardly knows going to fair maids rescue. Hmm time to act quickly. Security guards not too far, how to get them involved before it gets ugly?

Result will decide, depending on position of guards and jocks, her actions.
At best she can get there attention and get them to Intervene - at worst she will head for the stage electronics and shutdown the band.
You head toward the security guards, but as you get a little closer you notice something off about them. They seem just a little too friendly, a little too relaxed. . . almost like, well like they were drunk. . .

Across the room you see things starting to kick off as Renata faces down the football player.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Daniel Carey wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:42 pm
I love Texas girls Dan thinks as he embraces the girl. College is going to be ... WHAT THE FUCKING HELL? Dan barely has the presense of mind to grab at her as he lunges backwards out the door into the hall. Eyes watering (OOC: low notice roll) he drops and rolls, trying to look around for a fire extinguisher. Which way was that damned closet...?
The flames wash around you, the heat intense. You can barely make out the corridor, never mind find your way to where you think the storage closet with the extinguishers are, You're not even sure you're on the same side of the arena you were before, Nina's come-on having distracted you somewhat on your way down here.

Suddenly the flames vanish as Professor Maclanahan rounds the corner.

"What happened? What did you see? I was just setting up an experiment down the hallway when the thermal imaging on the camera spiked massively."

He glances down at your forearm. Your eyes are drawn down following his gaze, and almost as if the act of noticing it triggered it, you become aware of a sharp pain from what looks like a fist size burn, already slightly blistered.

"Is that a burn?",asks the professor immediately looking concerned.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

Notice
[dice:1r8bzp4o]48864:0[/dice:1r8bzp4o]
[dice:1r8bzp4o]48864:1[/dice:1r8bzp4o]
"No shit Sher... sir, " Dan snarls, then belatedly corrects himself. "Yes, sir, that is a burn, sir. " He pokes his head into the room looking for Nina.
OOC Comments
I assume I don't see her, the following is based on her not being there. Is the air warm?
"There was a, a girl. Nina" Dan's hands trace a shape, looking away from the professer into the open doorway. "Pretty. Da-rn pretty. Friendly" he absentmindedly licks his lips. Smoky Dan remembers.

He turns deliberaly to face Maclanahan. "Then she and whole room burst into flames. I should be more burned than this," Dan gestures with his arm, "I've seen that kind of fire before. Like someone set off a willy-pete. Then, when you showed up. Gone. Poof. No more flames." His eyes are almost challenging as they bore into Mac

"She said we would all burn" Dan mutters half to himself.
Last edited by Daniel Carey on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Philippa-Lynn

Post by Philippa-Lynn »

Ok, time to shut down the music.
While continuing to see how the encounter is progressing, i.e. has Renata got control of the situation, I head for the side of the stage, if required by the situation find the big on off power lever and down the sound. Hopefully without drawing too much attention.
After which I make my way to the encounter to back up Zoe.
Why? Why not, she looked fragile and did cool drawings.

Why have security at all if they are useless?
Eugene Whitaker

ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene looked up as a big football player type walked over and grabbed at Zoe. Eugene sighed. He’d played football in high school. Good enough to ride the bench, anyway. Why did they have to be like this?

Eugene stood up, a bit nervous, unsure what to do. He wasn’t a confrontational guy, but he was big -- bigger than Zoe, anyway, or Renata, who now seemed to be intervening. Did she have it handled? Well, she should still have a guy there to back her up, right?

Eugene licked his lips. He started to walk over. This is a bad idea. This is a bad idea. This is a bad idea.

Eugene bumped into the big jock, managing to bet his body between Zoe and the football player, and spill his drink down the jock’s front. Distract his attention. Zoe can slip away in the crowd.

“Oh. Sorry!” Eugene said to the jock. “I g-g-guess I d-didn’t see you there.”
Character Tracker
Zoe Marsh

Post by Zoe Marsh »

You are nibbling daintily at the edge of your third slice of pizza. You don't have much appetite for it, but it gives you something to play with in you hands while you listen to the others debate about what happened downstairs. It has been a strange evening all round.
Suddenly a voice behind you says "I think y'all have had enough of that. Wouldn't wanna be getting fat now would ya? Why not come dance with me, I can show you a better time than these losers". A huge hand grabs you by the wrist and there is nothing you can do to stop yourself being pulled to your feet. You turn to face a huge guy, probably 6'6" and 240lbs mostly muscle by the look of it, with a smug looking grin on his face.

You gulp and look up at the guy with big eyes " i .......ummmm.....don't really......." you yank your small wrist away from his massive paw at it slips away from his greasy fingers with ease.
Eugene steps in front of you and u manage to step back a few steps. This was getting to be a bit tense and you didn't like it at all. You grab your kit from the chair and turn to your newly made friends.
" Hei, how about we get out of here, it's getting a bit loud and nasty" you say scrunching your nose up at the jock that grabbed you.
stats
bennies=4
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Daniel Carey wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 pm "No shit Sher... sir, " Dan snarls, then belatedly corrects himself. "Yes, sir, that is a burn, sir. " He pokes his head into the room looking for Nina.
OOC Comments
I assume I don't see her, the following is based on her not being there. Is the air warm?
"There was a, a girl. Nina" Dan's hands trace a shape, looking away from the professer into the open doorway. "Pretty. Da-rn pretty. Friendly" he absentmindedly licks his lips. Smoky Dan remembers.

He turns deliberately to face Maclanahan. "Then she and whole room burst into flames. I should be more burned than this," Dan gestures with his arm, "I've seen that kind of fire before. Like someone set off a willy-pete. Then, when you showed up. Gone. Poof. No more flames." His eyes are almost challenging as they bore into Mac

"She said we would all burn" Dan mutters half to himself.
"A girl?", says the professor looking round. "No sign of her anywhere. Or any sign that there was even a fire. Other than that burn on your arm that is, your clothes arent even singed. If it weren't for the fact that I saw the spike on the thermal camera, I'd be inclined to put the burn down to something else entirely, maybe electric shock or something, though I doubt you'd still be on your feet if it were."

He starts sweeping the camera back and forth looking through the viewfinder. "No residual heat either. Not the walls, the floor, anywhere".

"So we have a girl who disappears, a fire that burns your arm, but nothing else. . . Tell me everything, don't leave anything out"
"Where did you first see her?"
"You said her name was Nina? How did you know? Was she able to talk to you?"
"Did she seem ethereal or corporeal?"

The professor animatedly asks questions on all aspects of your supernatural encounter.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

notice 10
[dice:evmz8xx6]48926:0[/dice:evmz8xx6]
[dice:evmz8xx6]48926:2[/dice:evmz8xx6]

[dice:evmz8xx6]48926:1[/dice:evmz8xx6]
"I saw her out the main room. She ... bekoned to me. I followed. She took my head and pulled me in there." Dan indicates the room. "Said her name was Nina, I was different, whatever, I thought she just wanted to snog." Dan grins faintly. "She was quite ... solid. I mean, normal. Smelled of wood smoke... look, she said we are all going to burn. I assume more than this." Dan raises his arm.

"We can do the ghostbuster thing later. Maybe she had flash paper, right now that's not important. On the way to our zebra talk we saw a room full of fire extinguishers. Maybe we should ought to make sure something squirrelly isn't going on"
Last edited by Daniel Carey on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Renata Hodges wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:32 pm "Hey. Captain Roidrage," Ren said coldly as she arrived. "Coach asked me to let you know he has the urine ready for your 'drug test...'" She made little scare quotes with her fingers around the last two words. "You should probably go take care of that." With a nod towards his pals over in the corner Renata added, "Take your boy band with you, okay? 'Y'all' are kinda laming the party up."
"Guess you think you're funny or something, or maybe just jealous that I'm more interested in your pretty friend here", he continues to dangle Zoe like a doll by her wrist.
Zoe Marsh wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:04 pm You gulp and look up at the guy with big eyes " i .......ummmm.....don't really......." you yank your small wrist away from his massive paw at it slips away from his greasy fingers with ease.
Eugene Whitaker wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:55 am Eugene bumped into the big jock, managing to bet his body between Zoe and the football player, and spill his drink down the jock’s front. Distract his attention. Zoe can slip away in the crowd.

“Oh. Sorry!” Eugene said to the jock. “I g-g-guess I d-didn’t see you there.”
"What the hell are you doing man?", the jock asks trying ineffectually to brush the soda of the front of his jacket.
Zoe Marsh wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:04 pm Eugene steps in front of you and u manage to step back a few steps. This was getting to be a bit tense and you didn't like it at all. You grab your kit from the chair and turn to your newly made friends.
" Hei, how about we get out of here, it's getting a bit loud and nasty" you say scrunching your nose up at the jock that grabbed you.
"Why I oughta knock you into the middle of next week. Me and the little lady was just getting acquainted." says the jock staring meaningfully at Eugene.

"Isn't that right sugar?", he asks Zoe. "Or are you gonna tell me this she-cat is more your type?", he gestures toward Renata disparagingly.
David wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 am David was enjoying some friendly chatter when he notices the issue with Zoe. Oh wonderful. If I want to fully fit in, I need to join the other jocks and be a rude, crude neanderthal. Oh well, I wasn't really that good at Base Ball anyways.

David stops what he is doing and heads over to the nearest faculty member and points out the issue with the big jock.
You introduce yourself to one of the faculty, clearly one of the ETU coaching staff, probably best placed to deal with an incident involving one of the football team. He introduces himself as Coach Peterson, and his eyes narrow and his gaze becomes frosty as you point out what's happening across the room.

"Excuse me son, I think I'd best do something about that before anything untoward happens, Thank you for bringing it to my attention". He heads off in the direction of the knot of students forming around Zoe.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Philippa-Lynn wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:49 pm Ok, time to shut down the music.
While continuing to see how the encounter is progressing, i.e. has Renata got control of the situation, I head for the side of the stage, if required by the situation find the big on off power lever and down the sound. Hopefully without drawing too much attention.
After which I make my way to the encounter to back up Zoe.
Why? Why not, she looked fragile and did cool drawings.

Why have security at all if they are useless?
You find your way up to the edge of the stage. From here it's difficult to see what's going on across he room, but it looks like both Renata and Eugene have stepped up to help Zoe. Just as well as she doesn't look like she could punch he way out of a wet paper bag. Though based on the the way Renata tore off across the room when she saw what was going on, you wouldn't want to cross her.

You find where the main cables for the speaker stacks all seem to aggregate to the left of the stage, you'd guess the main power distributor will be on that side, possiblym with a big beaker to cut the ower in an emergency.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Daniel Carey wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:12 pm "I saw her out the main room. She ... bekoned to me. I followed. She took my head and pulled me in there." Dan indicates the room. "Said her name was Nina, I was different, whatever, I thought she just wanted to snog." Dan grins faintly. "She was quite ... solid. I mean, normal. Smelled of wood smoke... look, she said we are all going to burn. I assume more than this." Dan raises his arm.

"We can do the ghostbuster thing later. Maybe she had flash paper, right now that's not important. On the way to our zebra talk we saw a room full of fire extinguishers. Maybe we should ought to make sure something squirrelly isn't going on"
"A room full of fire extinguishers? Why would they all be in a single room? They're scattered around every building." He casts a glance around the room before coming to rest on an empty bracket on the wall.

"Strange. . . Maybe it's been taken for maintenance. . .", he wanders back around the corner and looks down the corridor.

"No, that one is missing too. Perhaps you should go upstairs, see if you can find someone from either security or custodial. Maybe they know why there are no extinguishers down here. I'll have a wander round see if they're all missing."
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

"We passed a room on the way to.." Dan pulls the slip of paper out of his pocket, "room 12. Near where some guard was looking at a smashed security camera, which could be related. You see if you can find the room, I'll go up and look for, like you said. Custodial or security."

Dan heads out and upstairs, looking for security, custodial, anyone in uniform, or anyone from the zebra talk.
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Philippa-Lynn

Post by Philippa-Lynn »

Pip takes some moments to decipher the spaghetti wiring, keeps an ey on the Zoe situation and generally catches her breath. She doesn’t want any stupid fight to go unnoticed as it could be the end of someone’s College career on the first day.
So how come the security looked so out of it. What was going on?

Notice [dice:1w29skrc]48945:0[/dice:1w29skrc]
Wild [dice:1w29skrc]48945:1[/dice:1w29skrc]
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

"She cat?" Renata laughed. "Really? What, does your mom not let you say 'bitch?'"

She moved forward, interposing herself between Zoe, Eugene and the jock.

"Go back to your buddies, lightweight. You can probably still find some puppies to kick or something if you get going now."
Zoe Marsh

Post by Zoe Marsh »

Zoe subtly and quietly grabs Renatta's hand and tugs on it.
"leave him .........let's get out of here". She then gives Eugene a pleading look.
stats
bennies=4
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Zoe Marsh wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:20 pm Zoe subtly and quietly grabs Renatta's hand and tugs on it.
"leave him .........let's get out of here". She then gives Eugene a pleading look.
A middle aged man in green slacks and a sports jacket comes over to where you are gathered.

"Now Griff, we don't want any trouble here tonight, why don'y you leave these young people be? If you end up before the Dean, you may get a suspension. Don't want that now do you. Miss a game, might miss being scouted, miss too many and your scholarship might be reviewed. . ." The coach left that last comment hanging and waited for the football player to back it down.

"Gee coach, we didn't mean no harm by it. The little lady here is kinda cute. I just wanted to get acquainted. . ."

"Get acquainted is it? How's that going for you? Do you even know the young lady's name?"

"No coach", mumbles Griff.

"That's what I thought. Best you be moving along i think. Oh, and be at practice half an hour earlier tomorrow. I've a feeling you may be needing some extra conditioning".

Griff turns and heads back over to his buddies and the coach turns toward you.

"Sorry about that. Some of those boys can be a bit full on, but then they're not selected for their social graces. I hope it hasn't tarnished you view of our school so early in your time here."
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Philippa-Lynn

Post by Philippa-Lynn »

Seeing the situation quieten, Philippa relaxed. Looked over the band, they weren’t bad. Music was ok too. She decided to stick around a bit longer and get acquainted with some more people.
After all this was kind of fun.
Still the plan was to go back to the accomodation with some of the others.
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Daniel Carey wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:28 pm "We passed a room on the way to.." Dan pulls the slip of paper out of his pocket, "room 12. Near where some guard was looking at a smashed security camera, which could be related. You see if you can find the room, I'll go up and look for, like you said. Custodial or security."

Dan heads out and upstairs, looking for security, custodial, anyone in uniform, or anyone from the zebra talk.
You arrive back in the main hall. Glancing around you quickly spot Eugene's massive frame. He, Zoe and Renata seem to be talking to one of the faculty members. You try and remember if you know who he is, but the name didn't stick in the Dean's address. You think he is part of the sports department.

Looking around you can't see any custodial staff, but there is a single security guard over by the arena exit. You feel a tingling in the burn on your arm and your other hand absently moves up to scratch it.
Roll required
OK Daniel, make me a spirit roll please.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

required roll
[dice:2fpq2gq0]49109:0[/dice:2fpq2gq0]
[dice:2fpq2gq0]49109:1[/dice:2fpq2gq0]

[dice:2fpq2gq0]49109:2[/dice:2fpq2gq0]
+2 if Psychically Sensitive counts?
7, or 9
Dan starts to head over towards the security guard. He remembers that he has Renata's contact info, and he fishes out the piece of paper and his phone.
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Eugene Whitaker

ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene swallowed as the big man loomed over him. Eugene wasn’t that small, but the guy had six inches on him, though they might be comparative by weight. But he was clearly a jock and worked out. Eugene definitely wasn’t.

“Hey, look, we should, um, try and get that cleaned…” Eugene said, indicating the soda on the boy’s jacket and keeping between him and Zoe and Renata. “You know, run some cold water on it. Maybe a Tide stick.”

Eugene was saved from a pounding by the arrival of a coach, and he gave a relieved sigh.

“Thank you, sir,” Eugene said. “No, one bad egg doesn’t ruin the school.” He glanced at Zoe and Renata. “You, uh, ladies okay?” he asked. Okay, Renata kind of scared him.
Character Tracker
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Daniel Carey wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:39 pm
required roll
[dice:9y1n35g6]49109:0[/dice:9y1n35g6]
[dice:9y1n35g6]49109:1[/dice:9y1n35g6]

[dice:9y1n35g6]49109:2[/dice:9y1n35g6]
+2 if Psychically Sensitive counts?
7, or 9
Dan starts to head over towards the security guard. He remembers that he has Renata's contact info, and he fishes out the piece of paper and his phone.
As you head over in the direction of the security guard, you notice something on the wall of the arena. A piece of the graffiti that seems fairly ubiquitous in here and that the custodial staff were trying to clean up earlier seems to be glowing. As you look at it you get a vague sensation of something. . . strange. . .
The burn on your arm sends a fresh jab of pain signals to your brain, almost as if the fire was back. You glance around you once more, just checking there's no stray heat source that could have triggered it. As you do, you see more glowing graffiti on the walls. Each time your eyes pass over one of the strange markings you get another hot stab through your arm. Almost like looking at them is burning you. There are dozens of the strange markings, all around the arena, every few feet. . .
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

notice
[dice:1ruov761]49143:0[/dice:1ruov761]
[dice:1ruov761]49143:1[/dice:1ruov761]
Suggestion
Standard is to bold speech and italisize thoughts. How about underline texts and e-mail?
"Ya Ibn el Sharmouta." Dan mutters under his breath. He sends Renata a text, praying she hasn't put her phone on silent. Renata. Dan Carey here. SNAFU. Rally squad by side door at 3 o'clock to band.

Reaching the security guard, Dan automatically checks his rank and name tag. "Sargent August, I just met with a very concerned professor Glanmac. Apparently someone has taken all the fire extingishers out of their safety brackets. He is concerned for safety of course, and if some university doner, or bored REMF sees this, there might be ... repercussions. They will look for somone to blame. We should kick this upstairs to your commander ASAP"

OOC Comments
Persuasion:
[dice:1ruov761]49143:2[/dice:1ruov761]
[dice:1ruov761]49143:3[/dice:1ruov761]
-1 cha for Extracurricular activity of auditing classes. I'm not sure if that kicks in yet, and I also thing that only applies to other students?

Note also that Dan has the Local Favorite edge, if this guard is a local hire, he might know me, or have heard of me as a local sports star
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Renata watched the fubol star slink away, a little sour that the coach had interrupted things. She had no idea if she could have taken him in a fight...he'd outweighed her like two-to-one...but this didn't feel like a resolution either. Count Jockula would be back the minute the coach's attention was elsewhere.

She let her fingers close around Zoe's hand for a second, then shook her head and let go.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Her eyes went from the retreating asshole to the coach. "There's guys like that everywhere. This school, that school...doesn't seem to matter much."

Then her phone gave the 'default' ringtone for a text message. A little confused, Renata pulled it out of her pocket and tapped in.

"Uh...okay. So, Dan's asking me to 'rally the squad,' I think that's Eugene and Zoe, and meet him at the side door...at three? To band? What the... Hold on, everyone."

She tapped back, Three in the morning, or tomorrow? What's to band?
Philippa-Lynn

Post by Philippa-Lynn »

Having seen the little fracas die down Pip wandered over to Eugene.
”All ok now, seemed to be a bit heated?”

Notice[dice:1jxec1lj]49203:0[/dice:1jxec1lj]
Wild [dice:1jxec1lj]49203:1[/dice:1jxec1lj]
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Daniel Carey wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:28 am "Ya Ibn el Sharmouta." Dan mutters under his breath. He sends Renata a text, praying she hasn't put her phone on silent. Renata. Dan Carey here. SNAFU. Rally squad by side door at 3 o'clock to band.

Reaching the security guard, Dan automatically checks his rank and name tag. "Sargent August, I just met with a very concerned professor Glanmac. Apparently someone has taken all the fire extingishers out of their safety brackets. He is concerned for safety of course, and if some university doner, or bored REMF sees this, there might be ... repercussions. They will look for somone to blame. We should kick this upstairs to your commander ASAP"

OOC Comments
Persuasion:
[dice:31sys0pp]49143:2[/dice:31sys0pp]
[dice:31sys0pp]49143:3[/dice:31sys0pp]
-1 cha for Extracurricular activity of auditing classes. I'm not sure if that kicks in yet, and I also thing that only applies to other students?

Note also that Dan has the Local Favorite edge, if this guard is a local hire, he might know me, or have heard of me as a local sports star
"Now son, I'm sure there's nothing to be worried about. I'm sure that the custodial staff, and the administration wouldn't have let the event go on if there was any risk to the students. But I tell you what, I'll have a circle round the building check things are as they should be, and if there's anything odd going on, I'll radio it in to base. In the meantime chill out, enjoy the rest of the evening. It's getting late and it'll soon be over."

He turns pulling a flashlight from his belt, and starts off toward one of the walkways between the stands.

"I'm sure it's nothing you need to worry. . .", his voice is slightly drowned out by the band as he walks away.

You glance up at the nearest graffiti. The glow seems more intense, and is that smoke. . ?
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Renata Hodges wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:05 pm Renata watched the fubol star slink away, a little sour that the coach had interrupted things. She had no idea if she could have taken him in a fight...he'd outweighed her like two-to-one...but this didn't feel like a resolution either. Count Jockula would be back the minute the coach's attention was elsewhere.

She let her fingers close around Zoe's hand for a second, then shook her head and let go.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Her eyes went from the retreating asshole to the coach. "There's guys like that everywhere. This school, that school...doesn't seem to matter much."
"Yeah, well, I'm sorry again for his behaviour. I'll see if I can go straighten him out". The coach looks vaguely uncomfortable as he turns to follow the retreating jock.
Renata Hodges wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:05 pm Then her phone gave the 'default' ringtone for a text message. A little confused, Renata pulled it out of her pocket and tapped in.

"Uh...okay. So, Dan's asking me to 'rally the squad,' I think that's Eugene and Zoe, and meet him at the side door...at three? To band? What the... Hold on, everyone."

She tapped back, Three in the morning, or tomorrow? What's to band?
Quick summary of locations

Main group consists of Renata, Pip, Zoe & Eugene.
David has been circulating with other students. (Notice rolls on either side to spot each other)
Daniel is near the main entrance.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

The gym continues to thrum to the beat of Jury of Robots, though students have largely broken up into vaguely tribal knots around the room. Pizza boxes and discarded soda cups litter tables and the floor, the detritus of student parties the same the world over.

The room is warm, bordering on too warm. Glancing around the room you see a lot of the other students are also feeling the heat, lots of sweaters tied round waists and discarded jackets. All in all you'll be glad to call it a night soon.

OOC Comments
Notice rolls everyone please. :)
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

Notice
[dice:iubywkx8]49274:0[/dice:iubywkx8]
[dice:iubywkx8]49274:1[/dice:iubywkx8]
Dan glares at the retreating back as he fishes our his cell. Seeing the notification from Renata, he taps back, "Sry. Urgent bring group to right of band by main entrance"

Dan looks around and graps some napkins and a bottle of water, and tries to rub out the mark.
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Daniel Carey wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:42 pm
Notice
[dice:z2fczyoj]49274:0[/dice:z2fczyoj]
[dice:z2fczyoj]49274:1[/dice:z2fczyoj]
Dan glares at the retreating back as he fishes our his cell. Seeing the notification from Renata, he taps back, "Sry. Urgent bring group to right of band by main entrance"

Dan looks around and graps some napkins and a bottle of water, and tries to rub out the mark.
You start rubbing at the graffiti, it's hot to the touch, kind of like the embers of a fire, as it starts to die down, or maybe really gets going. The paint seems to be pretty fresh, and starts to come off as you scrub at it. You persevere, and as you do, the smouldering smokiness stops and the the walls surface starts to cool a little.

OOC Comments
Gonna pause you for a little let the others catch up. :)
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Eugene Whitaker

Notice 5
Notice [dice:2inigokn]49310:0[/dice:2inigokn]
Wild [dice:2inigokn]49310:1[/dice:2inigokn]
ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene looked up as Pip joined them. “Uh...yeah,” he stammered. “Some guys are just...you know. Good thing the coach was here.” He looked a little pale. He’d never been in a fight, and especially not with a football player. “Zoe’s okay, though, I think. It’s getting warm in here,” the big boy said.

Eugene looked down at his empty cup, its contents on the jacket of the football player. Then he looked over as Renata spoke. “Dan?” Eugene looked around, scanning the crowd. “I think that’s him over there. Is he...rubbing the wall?”
Character Tracker
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

"He wants to meet up at the main entrance," Renata said, reading off her phone. She shrugged. "Or we could just walk up to him, since he's right there."

Not one to wait around, she chose the second option, heading across the large, crowded building to see what the hell Dan was doing with the texts and the rubbing and all that.

"Hey," she said on getting closer. "I'm not...interrupting anything, am I?"
Philippa-Lynn

Post by Philippa-Lynn »

Follow Renata over, if Dan looks like he is intent on the cleaning I will pitch in.
David

Post by David »

Notice_10
Notice[dice:kx61fchj]49344:0[/dice:kx61fchj]
Notice_Exploded[dice:kx61fchj]49344:2[/dice:kx61fchj]
Wild[dice:kx61fchj]49344:1[/dice:kx61fchj]
David watches as the situation with Zoe seems to have been resolved with Faculty intervention. Well, that was interesting.

He wanders around a bit talking to a few people when he notices Dan wiping the wall. Hmm, now what could that be about? I don't remember him marking the walls. So he walks over to where Dan is and watches.

Are you being punished for something or just dislike Graffiti?
Academics -1
Bennies 3/3
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

OOC Comments
[dice:23nqhtay]49347:0[/dice:23nqhtay]
[dice:23nqhtay]49347:1[/dice:23nqhtay]
As the others (mostly) arrive, Dan turns to face them. "OK. This is the short version. It's going to sound nuts. Saw a girl. Went downstairs to snog. It was great, until she whispered in my ear that we were all going to burn and room burst into flames." Dan holds up his arm for all to see. There is a fist sized burn on it, already blistered. "The flames vanished and I was left with this. Just when I'm deciding that maybe it's a weird manifestation of PTSD, Professer whathefuckshisname, Chilimac shows up. He says he saw a thermal bloom on his sensors."

Dan runs his hand through his hair. "Either my PTSD is intersecting with an elaborarate practical joke, or a fu--nny ghost just warned me this building is about to burn. And we already saw all the fire extinguishers locked away. If it's a joke and we fall for it, we look stupid. If it's not a joke, and we do nothing we die. I'd rather look stupid than dead."

"When I came up here, this,"
he raises his arm, "Twinged, and this mark on the wall glowed. It didn't look like anything I'd ever seen before, and there are lots of them, here's another." Dan points to some strange marks on the wall. " I'm thinking, Ghost Hottiepants wants me to erase them?"
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Renata's brows beetled together slightly as she listened to Dan's raving. Except, for some reason, it didn't feel like raving to her. Something about its ludicrousness actually, perversely, made what he was saying seem a little more believable. Why would he spout that kind of bullshit if he didn't really believe it? And she'd seen the fire extinguishers herself.

But...what then? Arson ghosts? And what did graffiti have to do with anything? And he'd said he had PTSD, right?

"I...don't even know what to say to that," she finally replied. "Look, how about we just go get the fire extinguishers? It's not too far, and I guess it's a legit thing that they shouldn't all be in one room way off on their own. And if anyone wants to stay and..." Renata waved at the wall, "be a janitor for a night, that's fine too. Everyone's happy, except maybe arsonghost."
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

Dan waves vaguely towards to door leading down. "Chilemac's looking for 'em, or said is" He takes a deep breath. "Look, I know it sounds nuts. If it is, well, I'll sprint for pizza and you can all mock me."
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Philippa-Lynn

Post by Philippa-Lynn »

Pip starts cleaning the stuff off the walls. It may be nuts but somehow it just sounded genuine.
David

Post by David »

David stood listening to the story and looking at the physical evidence. It all seemed like a story out of a b rated horror movie. Really, ghosts and mysterious writings suddenly appearing David wasn't fully believing the story being told but, something did happen as their was a burn on his arm. David walked up to Dan...

Let me take a look at that arm. I use to be an EMT. That burn looks pretty bad.
Healing_5
Healing[dice:150xcn1s]49399:0[/dice:150xcn1s]
Wild[dice:150xcn1s]49399:1[/dice:150xcn1s]
While some clean the walls and others go for the fire extinguishers, David goes to look at Dan's arm.

David takes a good look at the arm. Well your pretty lucky, looks to be only a second degree burn and should heal nicely. Lets see about getting some cool damp towels wrapped around that for now, we can clean the walls in a moment.

David takes him over to the refreshment table and soaks a towel with some ice water and loosely wraps it around his arm.

As soon as we see a first aid cabinet I will wrap it better then see about getting a professional to take a look at it.
Academics -1
Bennies 3/3
Eugene Whitaker

ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene wandered over to Dan with the others. It seemed a weird story, but Dan was definitely burned. “You really should go to the health center for that,” Eugene said. “Better yet, the emergency room.”

The big guy looked at the graffiti on the wall. “You’re going to need more than spit and elbow grease to get that off. Probably need some solvents or something. I’ll see what I can find, and look in on those fire extinguishers too,” he said. He glanced at Zoe. “Um, w-wanna come with?” he offered.
Character Tracker
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

"I can take care of it later." Dan replies, "Plus it seems to help me find the marks. I figure we can pair up and go clockwise and counter-clockwise."
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Zoe Marsh

Post by Zoe Marsh »

Zoe looks at the marks and quickly squigles them down on her pad.

She then catches up with the conversation wide eyes and open mouthed not believing what she heard.

She looks towards Eugene. yeah I'll help with the solvents....I know what can get paint off and she should get some wall painting brushes things.....yeah, come on, I saw a supplies cabinet on the other side.
stats
bennies=4
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

GM Apology
Apologies for the delay in posting, been kinda distracted since Monday, so I'm playing catchup.

Nice to see everyone got a post in though. :)

Right then, let us proceed. . .
David
The burn on Dan's arm is very confined, almost like he's pressed it against something hot. The burn however doesn't seem severe enough fr a hot iron. Though short of an actual hand print, it looks like it could be about the size of a small palm print.
Daniel
You cast your eyes around the room. There appear to be dozens of the markings all around the hall. Fairly evenly spaced as if to ensure full coverage. . .
Eugene
Definitely getting warmer in here. You feel a bead of sweat trickle down between your shoulders and down your back under your shirt.
Pip
Pretty soon the wall is cleaned, doesn't even take much effort to remove the paint. Must be pretty fresh, or maybe just water soluble.
[Everyone]
You are just about to split up and head in different directions in search of cleaning materials and potentially fire extinguishers when the graffiti symbols start to blossom into flames. You're not sure what is fuelling the flames as the walls of the gym are made of cinder block. But the flames rapidly start to spread, tendrils of fire licking out toward the back rows of the wooden bleachers and the joists supporting the ceiling.
The heat dials up, and if it carries on like this, in minutes it's gonna be like an oven.

Seconds after the fires start there is the sound of screaming and people start to stampede toward the door. The band ditch their instruments, the guitarist somewhat reluctantly, and leap down from the stage. The few remaining faculty members are shouting and trying to keep people calm while they evacuate the building, though with limited success.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

notice
[dice:3ezzgrer]49618:0[/dice:3ezzgrer]
[dice:3ezzgrer]49618:1[/dice:3ezzgrer]
"Ahh, fuck me sideways," Dan sees the stampede out of the corner of his eye. "The Soda!" He yells over his shoulder as he plows through the crowd heading for the tables with the food.
To GM
Dan's intent is to grab a couple of 2L of soda and try to use them to douse the nearest flames. He yell at others to grab soda as well. I wasn't sure how much of that I could put into my post
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Eugene Whitaker

ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene beamed when Zoe agreed to go with him to find something to clean the graffiti. He noticed she’d been drawing the markings in her notepad. That could be useful. They should probably report them to maintenance anyway.

As they headed for the stairs, Eugene tugged a bit at his shirt. It was getting really hot. He felt sweat down his back. Great. He did want to pit up here with a cute girl, get all sweaty and disgusting.

And then the walls started to burn! People were screaming and the fire alarm was blaring. Daniel yelled something about soda. What did he want with soda at a time like this? Oh…

“Stay close!” Eugene yelled to Zoe, grabbing her wrist to keep her out of the stampede. He rushed to the snack station to grab some bottles. He didn’t know if this would help. Arms loaded with bottles, the big boy lumbered over to Daniel and the others.

“We really should get out of here!” Eugene said, sweating in earnest now from the heat while trying to keep from being jostled and dropping the soda bottles.
Character Tracker
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Paint, Renata thought as horror started to dawn. Some kind of chemical in the paint that made it ignite. Something like that.

In the end, it wouldn't be her that investigated the arson...but damned if she wasn't going to try to do something about it.

"Bottles," she said to Eugene, holding out her hands. When he handed over a couple, Renata pointed at the people already starting to crowd around the doors.

"These are going to be lousy fire extinguishers, but they're better than nothing. Lets get to those doors and work on keeping the fire away from the people trying to get out. I don't think we can save the building, but maybe we can keep the kids safe."

She then beelined for the nearest crowd, shaking her bottles grimly as she went. A little pressure would help, for the first couple of seconds at least.
David

Post by David »

I'll go grab the symbol over by the bleachers and see if I can.... He stopped suddenly as the symbols erupted into flames. All the symbols seemed to have started on fire. People were screaming and panicing, running in every direction trying to get away from the flames and away to safety.

David hears Daniel yell for sodas and David runs over to the snack table, bouncing off a couple people who were trying to get the exits. Upon reaching the table, he notices the snack bowls and empties a couple. He grabs some water bottles and empties them into the bowls.

Someone grabs the bowls and throw the water on the symbols. I'll fill more with whatever liquid there is. David continues to fill the bowls and if no one grabs any, he will throw the contents on the fire then go back to refill more.
Academics -1
Bennies 3/3
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

You all start trying to douse the flames with soda. It looks like it might actually work. Steam erupts where the soda strikes the flames. The flames gutter a bit from you throwing the soft drinks over the flames, but that's about the extent of it. Unlike when you were scrubbing the symbols from the walls you think maybe it's going to take more liquid to wash the symbols away.

It's getting really hot in here. You can hear the sounds of shouting coming from the direction of the exits. Come to think of it, the crowd struggling to force its way out of the exit doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. . .
Rolls required
Fresh Notice rolls please
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Notice: 10 [dice:2i5wrddb]49925:0[/dice:2i5wrddb] or [dice:2i5wrddb]49925:1[/dice:2i5wrddb]
Ace [dice:2i5wrddb]49925:2[/dice:2i5wrddb] and [dice:2i5wrddb]49925:4[/dice:2i5wrddb]

Renata swore under her breath as the soda failed to douse the flames. Where was the professor with the goddam fire extinguishers?

She looked back at the doors, hoping to see those welcome red canisters getting through...but what she saw was much, much worse.

Oops
[dice:2i5wrddb]49925:3[/dice:2i5wrddb]
Eugene Whitaker

Notice 11
Notice [dice:2p2lixri]49928:0[/dice:2p2lixri]
Ace [dice:2p2lixri]49928:2[/dice:2p2lixri]
Ace [dice:2p2lixri]49928:3[/dice:2p2lixri]
Wild [dice:2p2lixri]49928:1[/dice:2p2lixri]
Character Tracker
Eugene Whitaker

ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene noticed how ineffective the soda attack on the flaming symbols was. “We really should consider getting out of here,” he told Renata. “We aren’t firefighters. We don’t have the equipment. The real fire department should be here soon.” He shook up a bottle of root beer and shot the contents at another symbol, which guttered but didn’t go out. He wiped sweat from his forehead, his skin red from heat, breathing labored from the smoke. “How is this even burning with no fuel?” The walls were basically concrete blocks, not wood or anything. Accelerant should have burned away by now.
Character Tracker
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

Notice
1d4+2
[dice:20yf40np]50122:0[/dice:20yf40np]
Dan wipes the sweat from his eyes. "This ain't workin'." He glances over at the door, "And there seems to be a problem at the door" He looks around for anything, another way out, some inspiration.

OOC: are there windows?
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

[Daniel]
The windows are high around the the room. Just about level with the top of the bleachers, the windows are probably about two feet high and four feet wide. You can't see the kind of closure that's on them from here. Biggest problem is that there is about a six foot gap between the top of the bleachers and the walls.

[Everyone Else]
As you search around you for something, anything to try and dampen the flames, you see the welcome sight of the security guard Officer Tyson. He strides over to where Daniel is still spraying the wall with a bottle of Tab.

As you watch, you see him take out his flashlight and club the unsuspecting freshman across the back of the head.
OOC Comments
Surprise attack, giving him 'the drop'
Fighting [dice:22hyv52d]50137:0[/dice:22hyv52d]
Wild Die [dice:22hyv52d]50137:1[/dice:22hyv52d]

Damage = [dice:22hyv52d]50137:2[/dice:22hyv52d]+[dice:22hyv52d]50137:3[/dice:22hyv52d]+4
Ace = [dice:22hyv52d]50137:4[/dice:22hyv52d]

Daniel, if you wish to make a soak roll, please do so now. . .
Initiative for next Round
[Ace of Swords] Officer Tyson
[Prince of Stones] Daniel
[Ten of Swords] Eugene
[Seven of Cups] Zoe
[Six of Wands] Renata
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

Soak
[dice:u6ypwjuc]50141:0[/dice:u6ypwjuc]
[dice:u6ypwjuc]50141:1[/dice:u6ypwjuc]

4. Soaked one
Glancing up, he failed to spot the flashlight decending on his head. Dan staggers forward, dropping the thus far useless bottle of Tab, which bounces away, spraying liquid on the floor.
OOC Comments
W:1
Bennies: 2
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

"Can't have you messing things up now can we? Not when I'm so close", Tyson growls at you and swings again with the flashlight.
This time aware of the threat you dodge out of the way of the heavy implement.
OOC Comments
Fighting = [dice:3410k1wo]50142:0[/dice:3410k1wo]
Wild Die = [dice:3410k1wo]50142:1[/dice:3410k1wo]
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

OOC Comments
spirit to unshake
[dice:3l6s2eny]50143:0[/dice:3l6s2eny]
[dice:3l6s2eny]50143:1[/dice:3l6s2eny]
dag nabbit.
spend a bennie to unshake
Dan staggers back and around trying to focus. "You ... " words fail him as he snaps kick square into the man's crotch. The guard doubles over as Dan staggers back, still not steady on his feet.
OOC Comments
-1 wound
+2 wild attack
net +1 to hit

[dice:3l6s2eny]50143:2[/dice:3l6s2eny]
[dice:3l6s2eny]50143:3[/dice:3l6s2eny]

Assuming that a 5 is a normal hit:
damage:
[dice:3l6s2eny]50143:4[/dice:3l6s2eny]
oh yeah...
[dice:3l6s2eny]50143:5[/dice:3l6s2eny]

P:5 -2 wild = 3
T:5
W:1
Bennies: 2-1 unshake = 1
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Soak
Vigor = [dice:2e79e7ul]50144:0[/dice:2e79e7ul]
Wild = [dice:2e79e7ul]50144:1[/dice:2e79e7ul]

Save's 1 wound and is hence unshaken too.
Tyson pivots slightly on the spot, taking the blow as a glancing strike to his hip, robbing it of most of its force.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Eugene Whitaker

Fighting 9
Fighting [dice:21x544kg]50170:0[/dice:21x544kg]
Ace [dice:21x544kg]50170:4[/dice:21x544kg]
Ace [dice:21x544kg]50170:5[/dice:21x544kg]
Wild [dice:21x544kg]50170:1[/dice:21x544kg]
Unarmed Damage 7
[dice:21x544kg]50170:2[/dice:21x544kg]
Ace [dice:21x544kg]50170:3[/dice:21x544kg]
ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene turned in time to see the security officer hit Daniel with his heavy flashlight. “Oh!” Eugene exclaimed, bouncing a little, unsure what to do. “Oh! Oh!” He looked around. Renata seemed capable. “Renata!” The big kid pointed.

Eugene knew he needed to do something. But he’d never been in a fight, other than that one time, and it was mostly just a couple shoves before it was broken up.

“Well, here goes…” Eugene just decided to barrel right into Officer Tyson.
Character Tracker
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Renata was running out of ideas, fast. The fires weren't going out, the kids weren't getting out, and it was starting to dawn on her that she was trapped in here too.

Then someone attacked Dan, and in spite of it being utterly crazed, it was also a relief because HERE was a problem she could DO something about. Firefighter she was not, but Renata could definitely HIT things!

Eugene went barreling in first, and she had to stifle a laugh when he practically bowled the security officer over. She took advantage of the distraction to circle around and come in hard from his flank, hitting with a series of body blows meant to soften him up and stun him so she could finish him off. Unfortunately, Tyson was a pretty big guy, and Renata was wary enough to be cautious in her attack. Maybe Eugene's wild offensive was risky, but in risking more it also got more results!

Rolls: FIghting 6, Damage 3 (1 benny spent)
Fighting (with gangup) [dice:1fm5v84k]50254:0[/dice:1fm5v84k] or [dice:1fm5v84k]50254:1[/dice:1fm5v84k] for [dice:1fm5v84k]50254:2[/dice:1fm5v84k] damage.
Benny...see if I can't get a raise outta this: [dice:1fm5v84k]50254:3[/dice:1fm5v84k] or [dice:1fm5v84k]50254:4[/dice:1fm5v84k]
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Eugene barelled into office Tyson seemingly catching him off guard and winding him. Renata tried to land a couple of blows to put him out of the fight quickly, but it seemed that with Eugene's jostling him and something about the way he hunched his shoulders meant they didn't land cleanly.

The heat is really getting intense in here, and you've no idea what's sustaining it. Even if the paint was mixed with kerosene or something it shouldn't burn this intensely. The one Daniel was dousing in soda seems to be guttering and dying as the paint starts to run off the wall, but it probably won't be enough to stop pretty much the entire freshman year from being roasted alive. You figure maybe five minutes tops.

Looking a little groggy, you see Tyson's hand start to move toward the holster at his hip. . .
Initiative (Round 2)
Pending Eugene's revised damage, currently Tyson is shaken, and may have taken a wound or two.

Zoe: Mother of Stones
Eugene: Son of Cups
Daniel: Seven of Wands

Tyson: Six of Swords

Renata: Ace of Wands

Everyone apart from Renata may act, then I'll post for Tyson, then Renata can act.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Eugene Whitaker

Raise damage 1 Sorry I missed this.
[dice:3b57v9yv]50536:0[/dice:3b57v9yv]
Fighting 13
+2 Unarmed Defender
Fighting [dice:3b57v9yv]50536:1[/dice:3b57v9yv]
Wild [dice:3b57v9yv]50536:2[/dice:3b57v9yv]
Benny to reroll
Fighting [dice:3b57v9yv]50536:3[/dice:3b57v9yv]
Ace [dice:3b57v9yv]50536:5[/dice:3b57v9yv]
Ace [dice:3b57v9yv]50536:6[/dice:3b57v9yv]
Ace [dice:3b57v9yv]50536:7[/dice:3b57v9yv]
Wild [dice:3b57v9yv]50536:4[/dice:3b57v9yv]
Unarmed Damage with raise 3
[dice:3b57v9yv]50536:8[/dice:3b57v9yv] + [dice:3b57v9yv]50536:9[/dice:3b57v9yv]
Benny to reroll damage
[dice:3b57v9yv]50536:10[/dice:3b57v9yv] + [dice:3b57v9yv]50536:11[/dice:3b57v9yv]
ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Oh, shit! Oh crap! Eugene thought as he and the security guard went down. “What are you doing?” he exclaimed. He saw the man reach for his holster, so he grabbed for Tyson’s wrist, struggling with him, trying to knee him in the balls or elbow him in the throat, anything to get him to stop. This was crazy! Sweat poured off Eugene, sticking his shirt to his overweight body.
Character Tracker
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

grapple attempt 8
[dice:204edrw2]50548:0[/dice:204edrw2]
[dice:204edrw2]50548:1[/dice:204edrw2]

6 if gangup counts
8 with wild attadk
Seeing their assailent go for what looks like a gun, Dan reacts instinctivly and aggressivly, not even pausing to thing that a security guard probably doesn't carry lethal weapons. With his assailant momentarily distracted by the swarm of students around him, Dan steps up and grabs for his arm, trusing his allies to keep him safe
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Zoe Marsh

Post by Zoe Marsh »

notice
notice = [dice:1eeoe6hg]50645:0[/dice:1eeoe6hg]
wild = [dice:1eeoe6hg]50645:1[/dice:1eeoe6hg]
Zoe looks around her in a panic. Everybody is in a panic, the crowds are all shoving and struggling to get out oh.....the will kill them self's by trampling on each other before they die of smoke inhalation or fire,.....this is not good........and Dan and Renata are fighting the security guard, now that doesn't look normal, why is the guard hitting Dan, what the frak is going on here? She looks around for another signaled exit. there must be other fire exists, but what if they are blocked, the main doors seem to be blocked or something and those symbols look like sigils and she looks up at the sprinkles that have not gone off the sprinkles should of started, its boiling in here and up there it should be even warmer. She grabs Pip's hand as she is the only one not in the conflict and drags her towards the basement where they where just minutes before for their induction.

Come Pip, lets see if we can find the service room and turn the sprinkles on, or get a fire extinguisher or maybe i can talk to that ghosty Dan saw and tell her to fuck off back to where she came from
stats
bennies=4
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Eugene Whitaker wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:47 am
Fighting 13
+2 Unarmed Defender
Fighting [dice:38ojijac]50536:1[/dice:38ojijac]
Wild [dice:38ojijac]50536:2[/dice:38ojijac]
Benny to reroll
Fighting [dice:38ojijac]50536:3[/dice:38ojijac]
Ace [dice:38ojijac]50536:5[/dice:38ojijac]
Ace [dice:38ojijac]50536:6[/dice:38ojijac]
Ace [dice:38ojijac]50536:7[/dice:38ojijac]
Wild [dice:38ojijac]50536:4[/dice:38ojijac]
Unarmed Damage with raise 3
[dice:38ojijac]50536:8[/dice:38ojijac] + [dice:38ojijac]50536:9[/dice:38ojijac]
Benny to reroll damage
[dice:38ojijac]50536:10[/dice:38ojijac] + [dice:38ojijac]50536:11[/dice:38ojijac]
Notes
Don't thin unarmed defender really applies. Yes he's unarmed, but so are all of you. Unarmed defender generally applies when you are armed and your opponent isn't.
Oh, shit! Oh crap! Eugene thought as he and the security guard went down. “What are you doing?” he exclaimed. He saw the man reach for his holster, so he grabbed for Tyson’s wrist, struggling with him, trying to knee him in the balls or elbow him in the throat, anything to get him to stop. This was crazy! Sweat poured off Eugene, sticking his shirt to his overweight body.
Eugene flails innefectually against Tyson allowing trhe guard to shrug off his blows. Despite that however he is pretty distracting, being both big and somewhat frantic.
Daniel Carey wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:00 am Seeing their assailant go for what looks like a gun, Dan reacts instinctivly and aggressivly, not even pausing to thing that a security guard probably doesn't carry lethal weapons. With his assailant momentarily distracted by the swarm of students around him, Dan steps up and grabs for his arm, trusing his allies to keep him safe
Opposed Fighting Roll
Fighting = [dice:38ojijac]50648:0[/dice:38ojijac], Ace = [dice:38ojijac]50648:2[/dice:38ojijac]
Wild = [dice:38ojijac]50648:1[/dice:38ojijac]
The guard is seemingly ready for Dan's move and turns, using the leverage of his body to break the freshman's hold. His hand moves back to his waist and he draws a taser aims it generally toward Dan and Eugene.
Unshake
Spirit = [dice:38ojijac]50648:3[/dice:38ojijac]
Wild = [dice:38ojijac]50648:4[/dice:38ojijac]
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Zoe Marsh wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:54 am
notice
notice = [dice:3pzrme2l]50645:0[/dice:3pzrme2l]
wild = [dice:3pzrme2l]50645:1[/dice:3pzrme2l]
Zoe looks around her in a panic. Everybody is in a panic, the crowds are all shoving and struggling to get out oh.....the will kill them self's by trampling on each other before they die of smoke inhalation or fire,.....this is not good........and Dan and Renata are fighting the security guard, now that doesn't look normal, why is the guard hitting Dan, what the frak is going on here? She looks around for another signaled exit. there must be other fire exists, but what if they are blocked, the main doors seem to be blocked or something and those symbols look like sigils and she looks up at the sprinkles that have not gone off the sprinkles should of started, its boiling in here and up there it should be even warmer. She grabs Pip's hand as she is the only one not in the conflict and drags her towards the basement where they where just minutes before for their induction.

Come Pip, lets see if we can find the service room and turn the sprinkles on, or get a fire extinguisher or maybe i can talk to that ghosty Dan saw and tell her to fuck off back to where she came from
Notes
Pip has retired from the game, however I'll NPC her for the rest of the scenario as Zoe has referenced her.
Zoe heads back to the stairs down to the meeting rooms from earlier with Pip in tow. The fire does not appear to have reached down here yet, and you note the absence of the graffiti adorning the walls upstairs. As you round the corner, coming up to the plant room where the fire extinguishers were being stored, you see an apparently unconscious figure on the floor . As you get closer you recognise it is Professor Maclanahan. . .
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

"Goddamnit, we DO. NOT. HAVE. TIME. FOR. THIS!" Renata raged. She aimed a series of kicks at the guard's midsection...it was dirty fighting, but there was a FIRE going on, or did people not GET that!

"No one can get out the doors!" she yelled. "If they're locked, this guy might have keys!"

Rolls: Fighting 9, 5 damage (7 damage if that's a raise), 1 benny spent
FIghting [dice:25r5zqcr]50656:0[/dice:25r5zqcr] or [dice:25r5zqcr]50656:1[/dice:25r5zqcr] for [dice:25r5zqcr]50656:2[/dice:25r5zqcr] damage.
Gonna see if I can't get a hail mary raise with a benny; rerolling attack only
[dice:25r5zqcr]50656:3[/dice:25r5zqcr] or [dice:25r5zqcr]50656:4[/dice:25r5zqcr]
HAIL MARY
[dice:25r5zqcr]50656:5[/dice:25r5zqcr] ace
Aw, oh well. WIth a 9 to attack, I get a raise if his Parry is 5 or less. Here's the raise damage, just in case: [dice:25r5zqcr]50656:6[/dice:25r5zqcr]
Eugene Whitaker

Fighting #
+2 gang up
Fighting [dice:9s7j0xgf]50716:0[/dice:9s7j0xgf]
Wild [dice:9s7j0xgf]50716:1[/dice:9s7j0xgf]
Unarmed Damage 2
[dice:9s7j0xgf]50716:2[/dice:9s7j0xgf]
Notice 2
Notice [dice:9s7j0xgf]50716:3[/dice:9s7j0xgf]
Wild [dice:9s7j0xgf]50716:4[/dice:9s7j0xgf]
ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene continued to ineffectually flail against the guard. He wasn’t a fighter. “I can’t find the keys!” he yelled to the others, trying to keep the taser pointed away from them.
Character Tracker
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Initiative
Round 3
Tyson
Renata
Daniel
Eugene
(Zoe being elsewhere)

Tyson grunts as Renata kicks him in the ribs, but doesn't go down.
Combat Effects
Tyson shaken by Renata's attack
Unshake [dice:vkkzt88l]50893:1[/dice:vkkzt88l]
Wild [dice:vkkzt88l]50893:0[/dice:vkkzt88l], Ace = [dice:vkkzt88l]50893:2[/dice:vkkzt88l]
He clears the Taser and turns toward Renata.
"Stuck up little bitch. I'd almost spare you, not to have your life force stuck in my body forever. But no, you're going to die like the rest of them. Even better, you're gonna lie there twitching like a good girl while you do nothing but watch everyone else die around you."

He pulls the trigger on the taser and the darts leap toward Renata trailing spiralled filaments behind them. They strike her squarely in the chest, and she has a heartbeat to look up at Tyson before the shock hits.
Shooting
Shooting = [dice:vkkzt88l]50893:3[/dice:vkkzt88l]
Wild Die = [dice:vkkzt88l]50893:4[/dice:vkkzt88l]

Spend Benny
Shooting = [dice:vkkzt88l]50893:5[/dice:vkkzt88l]
Wild Die = [dice:vkkzt88l]50893:6[/dice:vkkzt88l]
Damage 1 Level of Fatigue (no soak), make a Vigor roll at -2 or fall prone and then remain shaken for 1d4 rounds (before trying to unshake)
Last edited by Greywolf on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Veegor [dice:1o2v3enf]50915:0[/dice:1o2v3enf] or [dice:1o2v3enf]50915:1[/dice:1o2v3enf]

"Oh shi..."

Renata has just enough time to realize what's coming when the taser's wires twitch, and she feels the muscles in her chest clench all at once. It's worse than that though...the shock pulses being tailored to interfere with how the nerves work in the whole body. She'd actually gone through this once before, though not in such adversarial conditions. There was no 'trick' to it, no special gimmick to withstand it. Well, maybe one.

In that heartbeat between the darts hitting her, and the officer depressing the firing catch, she swung her arm. The jolt hit, and she started to fall, but her arm still had momentum and loosely smacked into the wires...yanking them out of her chest.

She found herself on the floor, panting, but still able to move. The momentary shock was disorienting...but brief enough not to incapacitate her.

Still feeling a little shaky, Renata got back to her feet, rubbing the spot where she'd been hit.

"Yeah, I don't really do 'good girl,' you momentous gaping asshole," she gasped. "I'm more of a 'foot hits your face' kind of girl."
Last edited by Renata Hodges on Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eugene Whitaker

Fighting 14 Raise
+2 gang up
Fighting [dice:1s548iyk]51060:0[/dice:1s548iyk]
Wild [dice:1s548iyk]51060:1[/dice:1s548iyk]
Ace [dice:1s548iyk]51060:2[/dice:1s548iyk]
Ace [dice:1s548iyk]51060:3[/dice:1s548iyk]
Unarmed Raise Damage 10
[dice:1s548iyk]51060:4[/dice:1s548iyk] + [dice:1s548iyk]51060:5[/dice:1s548iyk]
Ace [dice:1s548iyk]51060:6[/dice:1s548iyk]
Ace [dice:1s548iyk]51060:7[/dice:1s548iyk]
ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

“What are you talking about?” Eugene huffed. “You’re crazy!” With little fighting skill, but considerable weight, Eugene simply gave a little hop, letting his full body weight fall onto his elbow into Tyson’s chest, trying to knock the wind out of him or do something to help Renata.
Character Tracker
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

Eugene barrels into Tyson, knocking him to the ground and winding him
OOC Comments
Tyson takes a wound and is currently shaken
He struggles under the bug student's weight trying to break free.

"Soon, soon it won't matter anymore, there's a minute, at most two until the ritual completes, you will all burn, and I, I will be a god. So get off me you lumbering ox. I will not be dragged down by those to be sacrificed."
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Eugene Whitaker

Fighting 5
+2 gang up
Fighting [dice:3hb7wag3]51867:0[/dice:3hb7wag3]
Wild [dice:3hb7wag3]51867:1[/dice:3hb7wag3]
Unarmed Damage 1
[dice:3hb7wag3]51867:2[/dice:3hb7wag3]
ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

“A god? You’re crazy!” Eugene said, struggling to remain pinning the security officer to the floor. “Someone kick him in the head!” he yelled.
Character Tracker
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

bwah

Rolls
Okay, lets finish this. Boot to the head.
-1 fatigue, -4 to hit vital, +2 for gangup, +2 wild attack
[dice:1ffll8lk]51936:0[/dice:1ffll8lk] or [dice:1ffll8lk]51936:1[/dice:1ffll8lk]
Will do [dice:1ffll8lk]51936:2[/dice:1ffll8lk] damage if it hits. And it will, because I am prepared to benny this all...night...long.
Goddamnit. Is it worth spending a benny to do 5 freaking damage? DICE!!

I must meditate.

Ah, I'm informed a Wild Attack is +2 damage too. So 7 damage. Still underwhelming, but you know what? Lets do it.

Benny to reroll! [dice:1ffll8lk]51936:3[/dice:1ffll8lk] or [dice:1ffll8lk]51936:4[/dice:1ffll8lk]
And another...I'm too deep in to stop now! [dice:1ffll8lk]51936:5[/dice:1ffll8lk] or [dice:1ffll8lk]51936:6[/dice:1ffll8lk]
His parry's probably too good for a 4...
[dice:1ffll8lk]51936:7[/dice:1ffll8lk] or [dice:1ffll8lk]51936:8[/dice:1ffll8lk]

Welp. No one can say I didn't try. Probably shoulda...used that advance or something...before I rolled. lol

Gonna stick my head in a bucket for awhile.
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

GM Notes and Rolls
Spirit Roll = [dice:3l383oy8]52606:0[/dice:3l383oy8]
Wild Dice = [dice:3l383oy8]52606:1[/dice:3l383oy8]

Hope we all don't mind but I'm going to inject a little narrative into the combat. . .
Tyson finally manages to scramble groglily to his feet. He shakes his head trying to clear it trying to decide which of the meddling students to take out his ire on. He starts toward Renata once more a look of murderous intent on his face. Suddenly his eyes glaze over and he pitches face down on to the ground.
OOC Comments
Notice rolls please everyone

Then out of the shadows, someone lurches toward Tyson's body. No, not a person, they are too short, their proportions are wrong, their arms too long, head misshapen. It scoops the security guards body up and throwing it over a shoulder starts off toward the far end of the gym, Tysons feet dragging along behind him. . .
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

Dan ...
OOC Comments
[dice:28423r9p]52607:0[/dice:28423r9p]
[dice:28423r9p]52607:1[/dice:28423r9p]

[dice:28423r9p]52607:2[/dice:28423r9p]
[dice:28423r9p]52607:3[/dice:28423r9p]
... sees everythihng
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Eugene Whitaker

Notice 3
Notice [dice:3vwtx6zo]52659:0[/dice:3vwtx6zo]
Wild [dice:3vwtx6zo]52659:1[/dice:3vwtx6zo]
ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene gave a sigh as Tyson went downt. “Phew! He was tough.” He looked at Renata sheepishly. “Um, thanks for the help. We should, uh, tie him up or something and drag him out of here.”

And then some...thing lopes out and grabbed Tyson by the ankles, dragging him off.

“Oh! Hey! That’s not the exit!” Eugene called. “We need him!” He tried to grab at Tyson’s arms.
Character Tracker
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

OOC Comments
noitce
[dice:3w2csd64]53029:0[/dice:3w2csd64]
[dice:3w2csd64]53029:1[/dice:3w2csd64]
Dan makes a snap decision. "Follow that ... thing. It got in somehow, maybe it can lead us out." Putting his words into actions he chases after it, thinking, hey, ghost lady? Any hints would be appreciated
stats and char sheet

Description

Full character sheet:
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Greywolf »

You head off in the direction the creature headed. The room is beginning to fill with smoke and it's getting difficult to breathe in the heat. The sounds of shouting and screaming echo around you adding to your disorientation.
Roll for Smoke inhalation
Everyone make a vigor roll please. Failure inflicts a point of fatigue.

The creature lugs Tyson's inert form out through a doorway out of the hall. Through the smoke you think you can make out the shape of a figure by the doorway, if you had to guess you'd guess it was a woman. The creature passes her, brushing the door frame with Tyson as it passes by her. Something heavy falls to the floor. She steps through the door after the creature and slams the it behind her.
Greywolf

Player Accounts
Eugene Whitaker

Smoke Inhalation 5; Success
Vigor [dice:lk36acd1]53562:0[/dice:lk36acd1]
Wild [dice:lk36acd1]53562:1[/dice:lk36acd1]
Force the door, if needed #
Strength [dice:lk36acd1]53562:2[/dice:lk36acd1]
Wild [dice:lk36acd1]53562:3[/dice:lk36acd1]
ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene ran after the creature dragging Tyson. He coughed, but managed to hold his breath. Someone -- a woman? -- was in the doorway, and once Tyson and the creature were through, she slammed the door.

“Dang it!” Eugene grabbed the handle and tried to pull, seeing if it was locked or not.
Character Tracker

Return to “Adventure Forum”