01.00 - Sweat Lodge

User avatar
Daniel Carey
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Re: 01.00 - Sweat Lodge

Post by Daniel Carey » Thu May 16, 2019 8:22 am

Dan snatches up the keys. "I'll get the main door open so the FNGs can un-ass the AO before they are KIA" he yells over his shoulder as he heads back for the main door. "You guys got this"
OOC Comments
vigor
1d6 = 6: 6
1d6 = 3: 3
openended, not that it matters a lot
1d6 = 4: 4

(Dan's plan is to plow through the crowd like he was playing football in highschool, keeping a firm grip on the keys, and yell for people to get out the way to he can unlock the door. Rolepaying my Overconfidence and Quirk)
stats and char sheet
P:5 T:5
W:0
F:0
Bennies: 3

Description
Dan is 5'11" and a fit 175lbs. He is deeply tanned, more so that even native Texans. He has a thin scar on his left check.
He dresses casually, jeans and a T-shirt.

Full character sheet:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=3249

User avatar
Renata Hodges
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Re: 01.00 - Sweat Lodge

Post by Renata Hodges » Thu May 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Smoke!
Vigor 1d8 = 2: 2 or 1d6 = 2: 2
Renata was hot on Eugene's heels, coughing and choking on the fumes as she went, and she nearly crashed into him when he stopped at the door. She grabbed the door handle as well, nodding to Dan as he grabbed the keys and made his play. Then, summoning up all of the anger and angst of a really SHITTY night, she rammed her shoulder into the door!

Force Door: 12
Str 1d6 = 6: 6 or 1d6 = 5: 5
Forgot fatigue, but still an ace 1d6 = 6: 6
And another 1d6 = 1: 1
So 13, -1 for fatigue is 12

User avatar
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 am

Re: 01.00 - Sweat Lodge

Post by Greywolf » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:02 pm

OOC Comments
Damn it, seem to have lost a post I'd drafted, well I can't seem to find it anyway. Thought it was just the phone client I was using last week. Oh well, lets see if we can't kick-start this and get Sweat Lodge finished by the end of the month.
Daniel scoops up the keys and heads back toward the main doors. The crush here is unbelievable, and the air of panic is rising. There are screams and shouts, the sounds of people crying piteously as they try the force their way out of the burning building. You're at a loss to know how you are going to get the precious keys to the door. To the rear of the crowd you can see one or two people collapsed on the ground, whether as a result of the heat, the smoke or the mad stampede is unclear.

Renata and Eugene force the door. The corridor beyond is dark, and the air is cooler than in the main hall clearly the fire has not reached this part of the building. On the floor is a broom, its handle shattered to splinters, and off to one side a walkie-talkie is lying on the floor, crackling quietly.
Greywolf

GM - East Texas University
Player Accounts
Lysennia Moonsinger - Shaintar
Temperance - Shattered Dreams

User avatar
Daniel Carey
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Re: 01.00 - Sweat Lodge

Post by Daniel Carey » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 am

Dan looks around, hoping for inspiration.
OOC Comments
ideally, some locals who would recognize him (Local Favorite edge), particularly football player types who could clear him a path

2d4+2 = 7: 4, 1

1d4+2 = 3: 1
1d6+2 = 5: 3
stats and char sheet
P:5 T:5
W:0
F:0
Bennies: 3

Description
Dan is 5'11" and a fit 175lbs. He is deeply tanned, more so that even native Texans. He has a thin scar on his left check.
He dresses casually, jeans and a T-shirt.

Full character sheet:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=3249

User avatar
Eugene Whitaker
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:24 am

Re: 01.00 - Sweat Lodge

Post by Eugene Whitaker » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:55 am

Notice #
Notice 1d4 = 1: 1
Wild 1d6 = 3: 3
ETU/Raven’s Roost/Party
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

“Let’s see if we can find some back door or something,” Eugene told Renata. “The fire hasn’t gotten here yet.” He coughed a bit from the smoke. “And if that thing wants to get out alive with the officer, it has to go somewhere, right?”

Acting braver than he felt, Eugene headed down the corridor, looking for the EXIT signs that should be posted and lit for emergencies.

***
Character Tracker
Eugene Whitaker Character Sheet
Parry: 2; Toughness: 6; Pace: 5 (run d4); Charisma: 0; Academics: 2
Devout: +2 to Spirit tests where their faith might come into play, such as resisting evil powers.
Bennies: 3/3
Character Tracker
Eugene Whitaker Character Sheet
Parry: 2; Toughness: 6; Pace: 5 (run d4); Charisma: 0; Academics: 2
Devout: +2 to Spirit tests where their faith might come into play, such as resisting evil powers.
Bennies: 3/3

User avatar
Renata Hodges
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Re: 01.00 - Sweat Lodge

Post by Renata Hodges » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:26 pm

"It sure as hell better," Renata agreed, rubbing the back of her neck. "Lets get everyone over here. It's gotta be safer this way than in the middle of the fire."

She looked back into the auditorium and shouted, "YOU GUYS! COME OVER HERE! NOW!"

Then, wary of getting stampeded, she grabbed Eugene's arm and hauled him through with her as she went through the door into the area beyond.

User avatar
Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 am

Re: 01.00 - Sweat Lodge - The Denoument

Post by Greywolf » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Dan fights his way to the main doors. The crush here is terrible. The heat, the noise, the crush of bodies, it's a nightmare the corridor stinks of fear, and people are starting to get hysterical.
"It was a wonder that there hadn't been more casualties already", he thought to himself. He has almost at the door when he stumbled, tripping on some unseen obstacle on the floor. As he tripped his knee bashed into something soft and yielding. Reaching down he found there was a body on the floor. Unsure as to whether the person was alive or dead he hauled them up knowing they would soon be trampled to death if he left them there. He just registered that it was a girl, in a Cheerleader outfit, when a surge in the crowd threw him and his burden against the door to the roost. Fumbling with the bunch of keys he fond the one that would release the chains holding the doors closed. No sooner had he turned the key in the lock than he doors swung open and Dan and the cheerleader were swept out into the cool evening air.

Renata's shouts attract a few of the closer students who start moving toward the door where she and Eugene are standing They start to stream past where Renata holds the door open and follow Eugene down the corridor in the direction of the fire escape. The lights flicker casting an eerie low over the whole proceedings, but soon you come to a push bar door which you presume leads to the outside. Eugene hits the bar but the door doesn't open. It seems to be jammed. Eugene throws his weight against the door, aided by a couple of jocks from the football team, for a second it feels like it's not going to budge, but then the door starts to move, with a grating sound sound as if something heavy is being shoved aside by the opening door.
With relief Eugene feels the cool air on his face as he tumbles out through the doorway.

Down in the cellar Zoe manages to rouse the unconscious Professor Maclanahan. Fortunately the smoke has not made it down this far as yet, so the two of them duck into one of the side rooms and set about blocking around the edges of it as best they can and await rescue.

Fire trucks come barrelling up toward the Roost, followed shortly by paramedics, tending to those suffering from exposure to the flames, smoke inhalation or just bumps and bruises. Dan half carries, half drags the young cheerleader to one of the ambulances, depositing her on a gurney he grabs one of the medics shouting that the girl needs help. After examining her, the medic digs out some smelling salts which rouse the girl.

"I was inside. . . I fell. . . how did I get here?" she mumbled

"Nice young man had the decency to drag you out of there with him. You're lucky to be alive, you could have been killed in that crush" said the paramedic.

Seeing she was alright, Dan turned to go in search of the rest of his squad.

"Wait", said the girl grabbing his arm. Snatching the pen from the paramedics clipboard, she wrote something on Dan's hand.
"Call me", she said, and looking down at his hand, Dan could see a name, Kia, and a phone number.
"I need to thank you for saving my life. . .", she shouted as she was lifted up into the ambulance and the doors slammed shut.

All around the gym people are huddled in a state of shock most unsure what had happened, why, or how they had survived their near death experience. Eventually Eugene and Renata find Dan, all relieved to find the others had escaped unscathed. Eventually even Zoe and Professor Maclanahan wwere led from the now smoking building by a fire-fighter, seeming not too much the worse for wear.
The Next Morning
Next morning you are all summoned to College President Nelson's office. Also in attendance are Professor Maclanahan and Detective Bishop, a tall dour African-American who scowls his whole way through the interview.
It seems the events of last night are at best unclear, though several witness statements suggest you were up to something, people just didn't know what.
President Nelson listens to your stories without judgement, and eventually tell Detective Bishop that he will deal with the situation. Bishop seemed like he would have like to question you further, but Nelson shut him down.

"Now, this was a terrible thing to happen on your first day no campus. I'd like to take the opportunity to tell you it isn't always like this, most of the time the most exciting thing that happens is the football team winning a game.". He turns to the professor. "Professor Maclanahan, I shall be leaving these students with you now. You are to be their mentor for the remainder of the semester and maybe beyond. . ."
Greywolf

GM - East Texas University
Player Accounts
Lysennia Moonsinger - Shaintar
Temperance - Shattered Dreams

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”