New Arrivals at ETU (RP/Narrative Thread)

Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

New Arrivals at ETU (RP/Narrative Thread)

Post by Greywolf »

It is a warm afternoon in late August. Of course this is Texas and that pretty much sums it up in the summer months. Though today is warm without being bakingly hot, and thankfully there is none of the muggy humidity that is almost unbearable at times. All in all an auspicious day to start your academic journey at East Texas University.

The sun has peaked and it's now a little after one in the afternoon. The college campus is buzzing with the excited chatter of freshmen, being guided, or perhaps herded by returning students. They are by now knowing old-hands, welcoming, but in a slightly smug, superior way. They were never quite so naive as these new freshmen, arriving with their parents in tow. They had never been the ones staring around them, wide-eyed and innocent. Still they would learn, and soon they would feel like they would never belong anywhere else.

As you head toward the. . . Edgar Garland Building? you pass little knots of students, you hear brief snatches of conversations.

". . .Anyone who's anyone is in Sigma Tau. . ."
". . . Lambda Sigma Delta throw the best parties. . "
". . .acapella? They're disastrous. . ."
". . .Cheerleader try-outs are on Tuesday. . ."
". . .only losers in that fraternity. . ."

You arrive at Edgar Garland, the crowds here seem even more disorganised than elsewhere on campus, and at the centre of it all is a reception desk, staffed by half a dozen seniors, looking vaguely harrassed. . .

Player Instructions
Right then ladies and gentlemen. Here's your moment to step onto the stage.
Take some time to craft a little introduction, your arrival at ETU.
Do you arrive with a huge fanfare and an entourage?
Perhaps you're quiet, shy, overwhelmed.
Did your parents bring you, or are you arriving alone? If you're with your parents, how are they reacting?
Sign in and registration is taking place at the Edgar Garland student centre, you need to go there to get your registration packs and dormitory assignments. Feel free to narrate all the conversations in this section yourself, it's building up a feel for your character for the other to get the measure of them.
Pick one of the following dorms and write about your moving in. Feel free to make use of stuff from the players guide that your character might know or observe.
  • George Danford Dormitory(male only, most modern on campus)
  • Halloway Suites (female only, most expensive)
  • Lester Hughes Dormitory (male only, 1940's building)
  • Linda Kirchman Tower (female only, tallest on campus, campus security based here)
  • Manuel Travis Athletics Dorm (Female floors 1 - 3, Male 4 - 7, athlete only)
  • Stanbury Hall (female only, large airy rooms, sought after)
  • Whitehall Dormitory (co-ed, 1930's architecture remodelled in the 1970's, reputation for being haunted)
Once we're all arrived I'll start a new thread for the adventure prope. Have fun :)
Greywolf

GM - East Texas University
Player Accounts
Lysennia Moonsinger - Shaintar
Temperance - Shattered Dreams
Daniel Carey

Re: New Arrivals at ETU

Post by Daniel Carey »

Dan parked his rig and strode confidently to Edgar Garland. He'd already checked out the campus, thanks to Helen Spiegal, an ex-girlfriend from High School who was taking a summer course. He had decided to sign up for George Danford barracks, dorm, they call them dorms Dan corrected himself, since it had a workout room.

Picking up his packet, he dodged the Bible study groups recruiting new members and found a spot to run through his classes. Comparing the classrooms to the campus map, they looked doable. "Hey man, do you know where we student aid is?" Dan looked up. A bewildered looking kid was asking a question. Dan checked his map reflexively. "Probably in O'Brian admin. Southeast of here about a two hundred mikes" The kid nodded in thanks and turned away. "Hey, why'd you ask me?" Dan asked.
"Well, aren't you like, a senior or something?"

Shaking his head, Dan headed back to his rig and drove to the other parking lot, south of Danbury. He slung his duffel over one shoulder and picked up his half-rack of beer and trudged into his dorm. "Hey man, you better hide that, the RA's on the prowl!" he was warned by a helpful freshmen, who evidently didn't think Dan was, like, a senior or something.

"Hey. Rob Miller. Senior. History. You?" His roommate looked up from his bed. "Dan Carey. Journalism. Freshmen."

"Damnit, they are supposed to put me with ..." "I'm 22. Just got out of the Army. Beer?"
Dan passed Rob a beer and started to unpack.
stats and char sheet
P:5 T:5
W:0
F:0
Bennies: 3

Description
Dan is 5'11" and a fit 175lbs. He is deeply tanned, more so that even native Texans. He has a thin scar on his left check.
He dresses casually, jeans and a T-shirt.

Full character sheet:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=3249
Eugene Whitaker

Post by Eugene Whitaker »

ETU/Edgar Garland Building
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene looked up at the large student center and around at the myriad of students congregating there. He was rather excited. This was a new experience. He hadn’t been away from his small town Iowa home very much outside of trips to the grandparents in Michigan. He was nervous, too. Behind him, his parents chatted with other parents, his father embarrassingly affable. Eugene eyed the various clubs that were recruiting freshmen as well.

“Gene, over here!” his mother called. He sighed. He hated that name, but it was what he grew up with. He went over to where his mother stood beside a table recruiting for Bible study groups. “They say Risen Church is very popular with students,” his mom told him, holding out a brochure.

“Cool,” Eugene said, flipping through the pamphlet. He signed up to be contacted for the bible study groups. Farther down the line, Eugene signed up for archaeology club and an audition for the Wind Ensemble.

“Don’t overextend yourself,” his father said. He handed an application for a job at the Pizza Barn. “Need to earn some spending money.”

They got his dorm assignment and the Sweat Lodge weekend schedule from the registration line. “We should get your textbooks while we’re here,” his dad said.

Eugene brightened a bit. If there was one thing he didn’t mind spending money on, it was books, unlike his wardrobe, which was simple, cheap jeans and t-shirts from Wal-Mart.

Eugene’s dad gave a whistle. “Textbooks are expensive.”

“Captive audience, I guess,” Eugene said. It didn’t help that he didn’t like getting the used, already marked up books. He liked to deflower his books himself.

“Looks like you’re in Whitehall dorm,” his mom said. They found it on the map and drove the minivan and trailer over to the dorm. It was three levels with an outside stair going from floor to floor, with concrete balconies and small wrought iron handrails.

“You should talk to some of the girls, Gene,” Eugene’s father said, nodding to a group of co-eds chatting in the lobby.

“I...uh...maybe later,” Eugene said, fumbling with his pass key.

His room was on the first floor, the second door on the left as he got on the floor. It contained bunk beds, two desks with shelves above, dressers, and a shared bathroom with the room next door, and completely ‘70s chic.

“Oh, look, honey! It looks just like when we were in college!”

Eugene facepalmed.

His new roommate wasn’t in yet, it seemed, so Eugene made a bid to claim the bottom bunk, since he was a large young man and didn’t fancy climbing onto the top bunk every night.

“Well, let’s unload the trailer and get you moved in.”
Character Tracker
Eugene Whitaker Character Sheet
Parry: 2; Toughness: 6; Pace: 5 (run d4); Charisma: 0; Academics: 2
Devout: +2 to Spirit tests where their faith might come into play, such as resisting evil powers.
Bennies: 3/3
David

Post by David »

Leaving a week before he was to report to College, David had booked a little sightseeing tour on Amtrak. The Train would go up north, turn west, down the pacific coast then back to Texas. He booked this to gather all of his thoughts and to study up on where exactly he was going. There wasn't much to do in Pinebox but, he was there to study and play ball. The campus map was useful but, not very detail orientated. He would have to walk the Campus and learn his way around.

The Train arrived at Pinebox at a 9:00am on the dot. From the train station he was able to grab a cab with another incoming Freshman and his extremely overbearing Mother. The whole ride to campus, she kept on about his hygene, studies, not to mess around with those loose college girls, remember to attend church and repeat. David was so relieved when the cab pulled up to the campus and dropped them off near the Edgar Garland Building. The Cab driver said this was the check in point and wished us luck.

David waited his turn and received his welcome packet and class schedule. Looking at his class schedule and drom assignment, things weren't looking too bad. His room was on the 4th floor of the Manuel Travis Athletics Dorm (Not bad conseidering female residence was on the first 3 floors). One good thing was at least everyone in the Dorm were athletes so that would help with fitting in.

His main courses were just across the greens at the Melinda O'Brien Physical & Life Sciences building. Not too much of a walk and he would need to stop there sometime today. He had signed up as a Teachers aid so, he wanted to get started as soon as possible and start making the extra money.

Everywhere he needed to go on Campus was almost all centralized so he wouldn't really need an automobile to get from place to place, He was thinking of getting a bicycle though for any trips he may need to make into town or just to go biking. He picked up his backpack and pulled his wheeled suitcase behind him and off to the dorms he went. He arrived at his assigned room and entgered, there were 2 of everything, beds, desks, closets, dressers and night tables. His roommate was already there he could tell. On their side of the room were hung posters of Major League players, signed baseball caps on every flat surface, baseball bats and other gear all stuffed under the bed and in the closet.

David went ahead and unpacked his things (which wasn't much) and decided to lay on the bed and look over all his paperwork until he went to meet his Professor.
Parry 5, Toughness 5, Pace 6, Cha 0.
Academics -1
Bennies 3/3
Philippa-Lynn

Post by Philippa-Lynn »

Philippa’s journey was over at last.
She and her Mom and Pop set out a week ago to have a holiday journey to ETU.
They rode on Pop’s 1000cc Kawasaki tourer and she had her ZZR400. The trip had been pretty amiable and Mom hadn’t been too teary so far

They had all stayed at the Timber Ridge Motel overnight and her parents now headed off to do some sight seeing while she registered. They understood her need to find her feet on her own.

She wandered through the crowds around the registration place and avoided the ‘helpful’ students as politely as she could.
Going into Edgar Garland Student centre she joined the line to the registration desk. ”I am so excited”said a girl just in front, ”this is my first time living away from home, and its just so cool”. Philippa smiled and passed a few idle moments chatting to her, learning her name was Maisie Kowalski, and she was majoring in Latin and Greek. She exchanged mobile details, could be a useful contact.
Then the desk.
”Hi, I’m Philippa Lynn from Pensacola Florida, here’s my paperwork”
The guy seemed a bit harried and stressed out. But he found the stuff and she received her registration packs, including course timetables, locations and booklists. Also her dormitory assignment.
”Say, I think there has been some mistake. I was booked to be in Stanbury Hall and you have me in the Whitehall Dormitory.”
Mr Stressed looked up,”Just a moment, let me check. Ah! Here it is. You must excuse the mix-up we had to limit Stanbury at short notice due to a , uh, um, problem in some of the rooms. They are being repaired and you can move in as soon as the work is completed. It will only be a couple of weeks”
”A couple of weeks! What the . . .! This is a bit of a surprise. Can I speak to whoever is in charge here”
He wandered off and brought back an even more harassed looking guy. After explanations and some toing and froing ”Well I can’t do anything about it, sorry. Just one of those things”
”I think you should put me up in the meantime in the Halloway Suites, free of charge, until you fix it” Philippa proceeded to take up the two guys time until she ground them down, they kept looking at the line building up. Eventually they agreed she could stay in a low room at the Linda Kirchman tower for free until the room was available as she said she was afraid of heights and had a medical complaint which would preclude her sharing.
She made them put it in writing and got the sig of the manager guy, (and she took his pic and a pic of his id badge)

Making her way along the stalls offering various stuff she acquired an invite to attend the Wise Shepherd Baptist Church, hoping it was like the Baptist church on base back in Pensacola.
She also picked up some pens, erasers, stickers, pins, and a canvas bag to put them in.

She made her way to the Student Shop and introduced herself, having arranged to work shifts there. Mom had been useful in liaising with the manager there and Philippa filled in the remaining paperwork.

Finding her way around the campus proper was going to take a couple of days but she got to her room no bother and was pleased to find it was on the second floor. The security at this accomodation was high, suited Philippa. The room was neutral, en-suite and with a desk, chair, spaces for clothes and books and a reasonable sized bed. She dumped her stuff then went to meet the parents for book buying and a goodbye meal.
Jason Lawinski

Post by Jason Lawinski »

“When the drama starts Nerf gun goes bang. Bang, bang, bang, bang, Nerf gun’ll leave you slain,” Jason pulled his headphones down from his ears as he entered the doors of the Edgar Garland Building, pressing his way through the throng of excited students. “Hearts, stars and horseshoes, clovers and blue moons” He paused his music and took in the chatter going on between new students and old. It was mostly jocks trying to impress cheerleaders and upper classmen scaring the freshmen. Mostly the same as in high school really. He was well trained in blocking most of it out to keep from going insane.

He definitely stuck out in the crowd with his scruffy looks and vintage Ren & Stimpy Tee and baggy jeans compared to the bright pastels and well pressed suits of the preppies and the kids dressed by their moms. He weaved his way past the various clubs that held no interest to him and made his way to the registration desk. After a moment in line it was finally his turn. “Hi yeah, I’m Jason Lawinski. Freshman, Computer Science”

The staff behind the desk looked at each other then back at him, blinking and slightly slack-jawed. “Yeah, I know I don’t look like a rich kid, get over it.” He smiled as the surprised looks always amused him. “It seems you haven’t chosen a room assignment yet.”

“Oh yeah! That’s kinda important isn’t it?” He smiled and scratched his head. He looked over the available options and reached into his pocket, pulling out a 20-sided die. He gave it a roll, a natural 20! “Looks like I’ll be going to Danford.” The staff looked at each other again, unsure of what just happened. The sound of the die roll caught some attention and a chant rose behind him, “One of us! One of us!” Jason grabbed his packet and his die and turned around waving. “My people!”
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Renata cursed herself again for getting lunch before driving to school to get registered. This little Texan burg still felt like small potatoes to her after living in Boston for so long, and it was easy to forget parking could still be a thing. But right now every student and their parents...in some cases literally...were all trying to be in one spot at the same time, and because she was getting here NOW, it meant she had to park two lots over, near the stadium. And then walk.

Normally she wouldn't have minded the walk. Might even have enjoyed it. But right now there was a bit of a time crunch. The longer it took to get there, the bigger the lines would be. So Renata ran. Fortunately, she was good at this. Track had always been one of her things in high school, and she hadn't gotten any worse since graduating. Even so, it took precious minutes to cross the campus, following the signs to the Edgar Garland Building.

And there...aw goddamnit. Lines. So many lines.

She ran her fingers through her short black hair and sighed. No help for it then.

With a certain practice deftness, Renata started weaving through the crowd of new frosh towards the reception desk. There wasn't so much a LINE around it as a big aimless pack of people, all vying to be next to talk to the next open student facilitator. It wasn't super-nice of her, but Renata managed to elbow her way into that pack a bit before sheer freshman density brought her to a stop.

Then she just...waited. Whenever a path forward opened, she pushed in. Eventually she found herself at the desk, where a senior girl who somehow managed to look harried and supremely bored looked up at her through thick eyeliner. "Name?"

Renata hesitated a second too long, then said, "Renata. Uh, Hodges." God, please don't recognize it...

The facilitator looked down at her screen and tapped a little. Did she blink? Ren didn't think so. After a second she typed something else, and a printer started grinding behind her.

"Okay, you're in Halloway, room three oh five. I'll have your ID in a second..."

"Wait, Halloway?" Renata interrupted, leaning forward to try to see the screen. "That's not right. Can you...check that again?"

The girl frowned slightly. "Stand back please. No looming. Hang on." She typed some more, then frowned deeper. "Oh, okay. Weird."

"What?"

"Looks like you got transferred to Whitehall at the last minute. There's a note, but someone didn't update the main list." At that last, the facilitator shot a dirty glance across at one of the other seniors helping students. "Anyway. That's a bit of a step down though."

Renata shrugged. "Seemed like kind of a shitty way to spend money to me. Better use it for more...schooly stuff, you know?"

Besides, I do not want to spend a whole year surrounded by rich, snotty bitches. I can get that at home.

"Yeah, like grammar guides," the girl said, deadpan. "Okay." She ripped a sheet of paper off the printer and folded it, then handed it to Renata. "There's your temp ID and pass. Take it down to the next table and they'll take your picture for your ID card. Then take it to the NEXT table to get a parking permit. Oh, and...uh...key. Here."

Renata took the offered items and stuffed them into her pocket. "So...any...like orientation stuff? Map or...brochure or anything?"

The girl looked up at Renata as if she'd only just now realized someone was standing there. "What?"

Ren felt her cheeks heating. Okay, so...freshman. What did she know? "Nevermind. Thanks."

"Next!"

She headed back to the 2010 blue-grey SUV she'd been driving since her junior year in high school, and pulled out and around to find Whitehall. After managing, somehow, to drive right by it the first time, Renata finally found the place to pull in, and was relieved to discover the parking here was much more reasonable. From there it was just...grabbing a box of her stuff and hauling it up, and going back down and grabbing a box of her stuff and hauling it up...

Kind of relaxing in a really tiring sort of way. It was good to blow off some steam.

There were two beds in the dorm room, but her roommate didn't look to have arrived yet. So Renata picked the left side, and started getting her things out. Mostly clothes, plus a flatscreen TV and her game console with some games. And some DVDs. And her laptop. It was kind of surprising how much stuff a little stuff really was.

Once that was all done though she didn't really want to just sit around, so Renata locked up after herself and went out to explore the campus a bit. After all, it was finally a day where it didn't feel like slogging through an obstacle course in a sauna. Might as well take advantage!
Zoe Marsh

Re: New Arrivals at ETU (RP/Narrative Thread)

Post by Zoe Marsh »

The drive from Montana took the better part of the day and Zoe and her dad arrived late. There was ample parking space and the little toyota she got cluncked to a stop with a sort of mechanical sigh. She got out of the car in the amber sun of the texas afternoon and stretched. It was a long long way from them mountains and they left almost two days ago. Some of the way she drove, some of the way her daddy drove but at one point they had to stop at a dingy motel to get some shut-eye.
Her pale complexion left purple marks under her eyes and the heavy tiredness coupled with the anxiety of the first day gave her an even more childlike look.
She waited for dad to come out of the car quietly, a small nervous smile pulling at the corner of her mouth.
"Come on Zoe bear, let's go get u all fixed up munchin" her dad said locking the car and walking towards the registration desk. She followed, one step behind, looking around at the campus.
"aaaa...mm,...h...hi! I'm Zoe.....Ma.....Marsh?"
"Are you asking or telling?" replied the guy behind the counter. She looked a bit panicky and looked at her dad for support.
"Zoe Marsh" the dad said with amusement in his voice "Art major and all around nerd" he finished, a rolling warm laugh spilling from his gut.
"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ..... "

"You are lucky Zoe, "so the last will be first". You are in the Stanbury hall. Here are your keys, map and please go to the next desk to get your picture taken for your id"
The boy at the desk filled Zoe's arms with leaflets and maps and her orientation pack and pointed her to the next desk.
"Smile" the guy taking pictures said in a less than enthusiastic voice and Zoe barely got her hair out of her face for her picture.
60 seconds later she was sighing, looking at her ID " great.....yet another ID picture in which I look like a dear in flashlight".
They both got back in the car and drove to the dormitory.
"Daaad, get the bags will ya" zoe's voice sounded out on the now deserted halls. She was struggling to carry her paints and canvases, laptop bag and stuffed animal.......needless to say the scene was quite comical.
"Wait for me pumpkin'"............."let daddy help you baby girl" as her dad finished that last word Zoe stumbles in her room, her box of paints rolling from her arms and onto the floor with a resounding noise. Frozen her eyes darted around the room scanning for witnesses.....nobody. Another bigger sigh "good, nobody saw that, good work genious" she muttered to herself.
Her dad walked in.
"wistle.......boy, princess, this sure is a mighty big room you got there. Yous has space for your paints and chevalet, and look, yous even has a computer desk. Let your old pop-pop hook you up." he saz as he starts unpacking a dingy looking laptop, keyboard and surround sound system.
Last edited by Zoe Marsh on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
stats
Academics: 0, Parry: 4 , Toughness: 3, Pace: 6, Charisma: 0
bennies=4
Eugene Whitaker

ETU/Whitehall
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

With the car unloaded, Eugene’s parents headed off to the motel to get checked into their room, leaving Eugene to himself for the evening. Unsure what to do with himself after he had unpacked, he decided to head out and check out the campus. He came out into the lobby just as the elevator doors opened, releasing another young freshman, a girl with short black hair

“Um...hello,” Eugene greeted, offering a friendly smile. “Renata,” he read, seeing the name tag all the freshmen had been given in their orientation packets. He quickly pulled his eyes up, not wanting to be thought staring at her chest. “I’m Eugene. I’m on the second floor.” He indicated the way he had just come. “You get all moved in? Need any help?”
Character Tracker
Devout: +2 to Spirit tests where their faith might come into play, such as resisting evil powers.
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Ah god, that was creepy. Strangers saying her name like they knew her. Wasn't his fault specifically, of course... Renata glanced down at her name tag, and peeled it off of her shirt. She'd totally forgotten she was wearing that thing.

"Yeah," she said in reply, giving him a nod. "I'm good. Didn't bring that much, thanks."

Annnd...then she kinda ran out of steam for a second.

"Just figured I'd take a look around campus before the thing tonight," Renata quickly filled in. "You, uh...been here long? Know any cool places I should check out?"
Eugene Whitaker

She peeled her name tag off her shirt. Crap. Did he stare too long?

“Ah. Cool…” Eugene said awkwardly. “Just thought I’d offer to help…. Um, yeah, I was about to do the same thing. Uh, take a look around. I’m new here, too. The bookstore is cool.” Bookstores were awesome. Eugene loved books.

He fell in step beside Renata as they headed for the exit. “So have you decided on a major?” he asked. It seemed one of the standards, safe questions everyone was asking everyone else.
Character Tracker
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

The bookstore. Renata couldn't help a rueful smile at that. Tuck would have said the same thing. Of course, you could have fit like, three Tucks inside this guy, but whatever.

The moment of fond recollection was soured a bit with the question about her major though. She couldn't help a little scowl.

"Not really. I mean, probably something sports-related, I guess," she said. "I don't really want to do it professionally but...it's the only other thing I'm good at so..."

"...I don't know. What about you?"

What would Tuck say? English major probably. Writer.
Eugene Whitaker

Eugene smiled. “Not so good at sports,” he admitted. “Though I played football, and tried just about everything else.” He looked at Renata. “If you don’t want to work in sports, then why spend all the money to get the degree?” he asked. “I’m here to study history and archaeology. What do you like? That’s what you should study. I had a counselor in high school say if you had all day in a library, what would you read? That’s what you should study.” He shrugged. “Of course, lots of people don’t know what they want to study, or change majors. There are plenty of your general studies classes you can get out of the way in the meantime. Maybe you’ll find something surprising that interests you.”
Character Tracker
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

"Okay, you know what?" Renata suddenly said angrily, whirling to glare at Eugene. "There is not a lot that I'm interested in, but quite a few things I'm not interested in."

She started counting off fingers as she went on.

"I'm not interested in history or archaeology. I'm not interested in libraries. But most of all, I am not interested in people telling me what I should, or should not study. You don't even know me, okay? You don't..."

Renata trailed off, seeing the hurt clearly settling over Eugene's face, and belatedly realizing what she'd been saying.

Jesus, he's just trying to make conversation. He's not good at it, but that's no reason to bite his head off.

She closed her eyes and put her right fist against her forehead for a second, trying to put the cork back in the bottle, so to speak.

"Sorry. That was...not really about you," Renata said with a sigh, lowering her hand. "Everything is kind of fucked up right now, and you just...sort of stepped in the middle of it without meaning to. Sorry. Lets, uh...you said history, right? Like, what kind of history? What time?"
Eugene Whitaker

Eugene stepped back as Renata went off on him, surprised at the outburst. But she seemed to realize what she was doing. Eugene thought he’d give her the benefit of the doubt. He guessed he was a sucker for a pretty girl. He offered a small smile.

“It’s, uh, okay,” he said. “I guess it can be stressful, trying to decide your future and all that. I mean, I really don’t even know what I think I will do with a history and archaeology degree. I just like it.” He shrugged. “I’m kind of all over the place. I enjoy World War 2 history, and classical and medieval. Pretty eclectic.”

Eugene smiled again. “Why don’t I buy you, uh, a milkshake or coffee or something at the Student Union?” he offered. “You know, make up for annoying you?”
Character Tracker
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

Renata shrugged. "If everyone who annoyed me bought me a milkshake, I wouldn't fit out the door," she said with a wry smile. "It's okay, like I said. Not your fault. Plus, I'm not heading to the student union right away. Thought I'd check out the gym first. Some other time though, yeah?"

Combing the broad strokes of history she remembered from high school, 'medieval' was the knights and Robin Hood, 'world war 2' was Hitler, and 'classical' was...music, so that was probably wrong. There wasn't much way she'd be holding up her end of a conversation turning on that subject.

She consulted the map that came in the orientation package, then looked around until she got, well, oriented.

"All right, the gym and stadium are off that way...so if you're going to the student union, you want to go that way."

With a nod and a lopsided smile, Renata held out a hand. "Nice meeting you, Eugene. See you around."

Return to “Adventure Forum”