Interludes I - Post Sweat Lodge

Greywolf
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Interludes I - Post Sweat Lodge

Post by Greywolf »

Please post here a brief interlude of you daily lives in the next week or so following on from the events of the Sweat Lodge.
Just a little background flavour :)

Any questions Message me in the group chat.
Greywolf

GM - East Texas University
Player Accounts
Lysennia Moonsinger - Shaintar
Temperance - Shattered Dreams
Eugene Whitaker

Re: Interludes I - Post Sweat Lodge

Post by Eugene Whitaker »

ETU
Fall/Afternoon
Round 0

Eugene had settled into that first week of school after the fire none the worse for wear. He had gotten that part time job at the Pizza Barn as a cook and delivery driver. His old used car wasn’t acting up too much. And he had gotten into the Wind Ensemble playing bass clarinet. Classes were fairly easy. In fact, he’d found he was playing canasta with some other guys on his floor more than he was studying and still doing fine. It was early in the semester, though, of course.

Some of the gang from his orientation group had disappeared. He hadn’t seen much of Renata, even though she lived in the dorm. And Zoe seemed to be scarce, too. But he supposed that was to be expected. They probably found new friends.

Dr. Mclanahan, his new adviser, seemed cool. It was especially convenient that he was an archaeology instructor, though his focus was a lot different from Eugene’s own interests in the field.

Life had settled into a basic routine. Classes during the day, wind ensemble in the afternoon before dinner, and a couple times a week at the Pizza Barn. Studying (or canasta) in the evenings. He was even looking at signing up for the floor intramural soccer team, even though he’d never played the game in his life. It wasn’t a competitive league anyway, just for fun. He figured he was big enough he could just stand in the back and let the opposing team kick balls into him.

Character Tracker
Eugene Whitaker Character Sheet
Parry: 2; Toughness: 6; Pace: 5 (run d4); Charisma: 0; Academics: 2
Devout: +2 to Spirit tests where their faith might come into play, such as resisting evil powers.
Bennies: 3/3
Character Tracker
Devout: +2 to Spirit tests where their faith might come into play, such as resisting evil powers.
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

After making sure Kia was taken care of, Dan collects a tube of burn cream from a busy EMT and heads home. He dumps his smoky, sweaty clothing in the wash and take a shower. At least it's just wood smoke, not ... he shies away from that thought.
---------------
The next day, he takes the news of Prof Ghostbuster being his mentor without comment. The guy seemed a bit off, but meant well. Like a shavetail, ah well, I can handle it, he thinks to himself.
----------------

Sunday Dan remembered Kia. He sent her a quick text, checking to see if she would be in class, and might need someone to pick up syllabuses or anything like that.

The next week classes kick in. After hitting the gym and showers, Monday was Journalism 101, English, 101 and Western history 102. Leaving WestHist102, he passed by an interesting lecture and sat in on Archeology 101.

Tuesday he had started with Math 107 and while he was taking notes Math 201 started. It would have been rude to leave, plus that cute redhead needed some help...
After lunch, Philosophy 101 was his only class, but he spotted Red heading into Bio 101 and tagged along.
OOC Comments
FYI Dan is Auditing Classes
Evenings was a lot of homework. The kids spent a lot of time playing grab-ass in the halls, but Dan never had a problem tuning out background noise. His roomie Rob spent most of his time at the library, which was fine with Dan. Rob was trying to get into grad school and was obsessed with his GPA.

The ointment the EMT gave him seemed to do the trick, the burn faded by Wednesday, but the memory of the girl, whatever she was, didn't. Tossing the tube in the trash, he wondered how the other zebra's were doing, and dropped a series of quick texts to Renata, Zoe, and Eugene.
stats and char sheet
P:5 T:5
W:0
F:0
Bennies: 3

Description
Dan is 5'11" and a fit 175lbs. He is deeply tanned, more so that even native Texans. He has a thin scar on his left check.
He dresses casually, jeans and a T-shirt.

Full character sheet:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=3249
Eugene Whitaker

Post by Eugene Whitaker »

ETU
Fall/Night
Round 0

Eugene got the text from Dan and hit him back.

[Hey! Got some mistake pizzas from work. Want some?]

Eugene wondered how the older student was doing. He’d gotten burned at the fire.

Character Tracker
Character Tracker
Renata Hodges

Post by Renata Hodges »

It took a few minutes for Dan to get the response from Renata. When he did, it was a little disappointing, even if they hadn't known each other for long.

I'm ok.
packing up though
Dad found out about the fire and got SUPER pissed off
so...pretty much have to go to my second choice now

sucks a ton, but so does almost burning to death, so...you know...keeping things in perspective.

how are you?
Daniel Carey

Post by Daniel Carey »

Dan replies to Renata and fills her in on the probation/advisor situation.
OOC Comments
I could see Renata being a future NPC / contact type thing, for a scenario away from school.
stats and char sheet
P:5 T:5
W:0
F:0
Bennies: 3

Description
Dan is 5'11" and a fit 175lbs. He is deeply tanned, more so that even native Texans. He has a thin scar on his left check.
He dresses casually, jeans and a T-shirt.

Full character sheet:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=3249

Return to “Adventure Forum”