Mission 1: Taken

Post Reply
User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Mission 1: Taken

Post by Stoic » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Ever since the crew broke off from the Remorseless, the comms haven't exactling been lighting up. Just when things are getting to where you think you might have to start a delivery company, you get an offer. A fixer named Juky, a squat maroon skinned woman with hair that seems to be a shiny metal swept up into a spiral shows up at your spaceport one day. She gives you a printed memory card that has instructions to meet up with a man named Kracoola. You are to meet him on level 2-A: The Sorched Lands.

The crew assembles and heads to the level 2-A, automatically guided via one of the many private elevators that exist in Phase World. Once they arrive a small cart that is environmentally protected awaits them. Once the members of the crew get on, it scoots along to a dimension gate that looks like one of the rocks found at stonehenge. On the rock it says in a variety of languages "The Scorched Lands". The rock splits apart and the cart moves you through it. You feel the familiar butterflies in your stomach as you are teleported through the dimensional gate along with a dozen or so similary carts. As you arrive the carts all split off into different directions, yours in particular making a bee line toward one of the few buildings that you see. The Scorch Lands seem to consist entirely of black rock and sand under an angry red sky. The landscape shows enormous volcanos in the distance, many puffing mile high plumes of dary gray smoke. The cart moves speedily toward an enormous building made of stone. Carved just above the door is the trademarked symbol for Ampto, a large supplier of a variety of things, from plasma weaponry to industrial mining equipment. The cart syncs up to the door and the door slides apart once the synce is secured. You walk into a small room where a body scanner thoroughly probes all of you for hidden explosives. Just outisde of the room is a boardroom set up with a long black table carved out of granite and a variety of very large chairs. There is a floor to ceiling window that looks out upon the ruined landscape. A 12 foot tall man that seems to be made entirely out of rock and stone crammed into a jet black business suit looks out the window, taking his sweet time. The room itself is a balmy 100 degrees or so and the lights are dimmed. Once the body scanner is satisfied you hear a THUNK and a previously unnoticed force field dissolves allowing you to fully enter the room.

The mans voice is a deep rumble blended with the scrapping and clicking of his rock mouth. "Have a seat." As the group makes themselves comfortable he turns and sets his orange crystal eyes upon the group.
"Please review and sign the NDA's on the table and then we shall proceed." Before each seat is a glass screen with a standard boilerplate NDA agreement keyed up on it. Once the group signs the screens go back to black, the Ampto logo now displayed.

"Four weeks ago the Crown Prince Alutar of Mekakur vanished. He was on a sabbatical in the Thunder Cloud galaxy when his ship lost contact. The last signal received was a distress signal indicating that the ship was being boarded by bandits. As you may know, Ampto is a fully owned subsidiary of the planet Mekakur, and it is imperative that the Prince is found and returned safely. You come highly recommended to us and we are prepared to compensate you handsomly for your services. We are offering 5 Million credits for his safe return. If that is not possible... we will over half of that for solid verifiable information as to what happened to him." The orange eyes blaze slightly. "If he was killed by these bandits... we will offer the full 5 million for vengeance, which again must be verified. If you accept we will put 500,000 of your payment into a secured account of your choosing. This is to be used for various expenses and will count against your payment. If you then decide to dishonor your contract.... He gestures toward the bleak landscape. "They will never find you."

Instructions

A common knowledge roll will tell you that the rock man is from a species called teh Mekakurians who come from, you guessed it, Mekakur. They are very harsh and straight forward, but don't seem to understand the concept of lying. This is a large reason why they often hire mercenaries to do their work for them as they find the subtlety often requires in this sort of work to be beyond them. Feel free to ask any questions you may like, but they will provide you with an Astrogation chip that will add a +4 to get to the last known location of Prince Alutar's ship. It was last seen about .1 parsec from Paradise, a pleasure planet where the ultra wealthy and their playthings let off steam in the Thunder Cloud Galaxy. This area is unfortunately known for pirates many of whom take their wealthy victims hostage in hopes of a quick pay day. There is a bustling hostage/hostage recovery industry which sometimes have the same people working both sides. If you have any questions please post them here or in the hangouts. I will give this a week to move on since I know not everyone is quite up yet.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:49 pm

Hunger... Didn’t miss that when I was a knight. Thank the forge that Junky gave us a call and a meet with a man named Kracoola in 2-A: Schroched Lands. Sadly it would not be my first time there, nor my first meet with Karcoola and I doubt little kids will line up asking me if it was fun because it was not...
A lifetime ago, Black Gaurd Servants of Darkstar
He was faceless and supreme. Darkstar commanded us to venture to the dry heat of the scorched lands. ” Enemy mine... Cackarole... The minning worker is late on what he promised. Our employer demands his liver or whatever passes for it. Bring it to me... Bring me his children’s as well. Hahaha.”

I am not sure if it was bring your children to work day but the black gaurd found Cackarole and his two children in one of the industrial mines. The black gaurd surrounded Cackarole easy enough and I went for the children. The dust in the mines made my vision go all blurry and I tripped tumbling down a shaft. Everything went black, last thing I heard was a sickening crack.

Pain... Right arm was busted but someone was moving it. My mouth was dry, the air sapped any moisture from it. I croaked, ” Stop... Don’t move me.”

The voice of angel answered back. It sounded like a cyrtaline ressonance, ” Brother... Brother... She is alive.”

Another voice answered he sounded more jaded, maybe older. It was a deeper voice sounded like two rocks scrapping together. ” Leave her... She is like the others... They... Grhhh...” The kid... Maybe some kind of rock creature, it was hard to tell with no eyes, was hefting a large rock meaning to bash my brains in.

Fortunately his sister had a bit more sense she melodically cried, ” Kracoola! No... We might need her help to get out.”
I tried to hide my laughter, but it escaped my lips... I held my good hand up, ” Sorry... Sorry... I... Yes I can help you get out. Without reading too much into it please, I am sorry about your dad.”. I was sorry, and I got them both out.
At the meeting Ducky shied away from being front and center as best as she could. Karcoola... You look like you turned out alright. She keeps her cosmic helmet on and does ask one pertanent question, ” What do you mean by sabatical and without reading too much into it who is next in line?”
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Que
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Que » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:54 am

Reading over the information and reviewing what is Que nods to himself. "Sounds to me like he is just having a little bit of extra fun on Paradise. But if it is pirates, we can make that problem go away too."

Addressing his mentor Que asks. "So boss are we gonna take this job, any chance we can make a stop for a few hours on Paradise? There may be some leads we can follow up to get into this guys head space so to speak..."

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:45 am

Que wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:54 am
Reading over the information and reviewing what is Que nods to himself. "Sounds to me like he is just having a little bit of extra fun on Paradise. But if it is pirates, we can make that problem go away too."

Addressing his mentor Que asks. "So boss are we gonna take this job, any chance we can make a stop for a few hours on Paradise? There may be some leads we can follow up to get into this guys head space so to speak..."
Ducky smiles at Que. She seems to take him calling her boss in stride even if she is not the actual captian and has no authority over him. It never has been clear to her who is in command of this outfit. Her general lack of worldly knowledge and confusing last name has only added to her unspoken question. But her faith in the forge keeps her pressing forward. For a while now she just assumes the temporal wizard calls her boss because that is her last name. ”Yeah Que, sounds like a job meant for us. After its over Paradise sounds like a good place to recouperate and relax.” She pauses and scrounchers her lips in a playful frown, ” But you knew I was going to say that right?”
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Sera » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Sera looks at the terminal before her and mildly asks, "So what happens if we don't accept the contract... given that we just signed a NDA." She looks around at the others. "Not saying we aren't going to accept. I just kinda want to know." She says as she looks back at the rockman. "Mr. Johnson"
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Que
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Que » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:44 pm

Ducky wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:45 am
"But you knew I was going to say that right?”
"Of course I did Boss, you always say yes when it involves helping someone. So lets pack up and get ready to fix this problem." His hand still busy playing with a strange toy whose details cannot be made out.

Sera wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:11 pm
Sera looks at the terminal before her and mildly asks, "So what happens if we don't accept the contract... given that we just signed a NDA." She looks around at the others. "Not saying we aren't going to accept. I just kinda want to know." She says as she looks back at the rockman. "Mr. Johnson"
Que tries to look into the potential future of such as event. "Nah, we just agreed not to say nothing and why would we." Fidgeting with a small dud grenade obviously made for children Que finishes. "Can you imagine what a cluster it would be fighting other companies to finish a job. Hell it could take forever just to cross a city, let alone a galaxy, there would be so many others companies trying to steal your profits."

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Stoic » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:22 pm

The rockman turns his attention to Ducky, his stones clicking as he moves. "Sabbatical... he was taking a break, sowing his royal seeds, so to speak. And as far as who is next in line to the throne, why it is him when he reproduces into another rockman of course. What else would it be?" He shakes his head. "You carbon based life forms are so confusing with your trickery and guile. We have no need for such machinations."

He turns his attention to Sera. "It is a standard contract, protecting us from any negative publicity regarding our situation. If you choose not to sign it, so be it."
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Ducky nods to Karcoola and asks Que and Sera, ” Everything seems alright with this NDA?” Assuming they say yes she signs it hastily and fairly illegably as if she had no idea how to write. Hopefully Que and Sera remember I am blind.
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Que
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Que » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:56 am

Que looks at the document he had already signed and says. "Yep, all good there. These guys are honest and a humble man can be."

Sera wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:11 pm
Sera looks at the terminal before her and mildly asks, "So what happens if we don't accept the contract... given that we just signed a NDA." She looks around at the others. "Not saying we aren't going to accept. I just kinda want to know." She says as she looks back at the rockman. "Mr. Johnson"
"You should just sign it, these guys do not lie by design. If they were going to kill us or betray us they would just say so." Turning to the big stone man. "Hey are you planning on betraying us, killing or capturing us when we finish this mission?"

turning back to Sera he says. "See, all is copacetic."

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Sera » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:38 am

Sera looks over at Que, "I signed the NDA like 20 minutes ago. That is kinda what non disclosure acts are for. entitling us to secret information that we aren't supposed to share with others not under the NDA. Thanks for explaining about their race though." Sera glances over at Ducky's terminal. X marks the spot. "You're good, Boss." She looks over at the rockman. "The mission is okay with me if the others are okay with it."
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Stoic » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:55 pm

The rockman nods, satisfied. "Very well then. Please send me a detailed report every two weeks until you have fulfilled your task." He uses his large hand to scoop up a few stones from a bowl placed next to him, he drops them into his mouth and munches on them. He waits patiently, chewing the bits of stone into a fine powder as the group moves back into the transport, which spits them back out in the middle of center.
OOC Comments
This will be a quick turnaround post. What do you plan to do with the fronted money he gave? I still anticipate Matt joining, so his character will be in hypersleep on your ship until he finishes his guy. The trip will take about 6 days in FTL mode. It's an easy journey for the A.I. pilot, but if you would like to manually drive you can get there in 4 days at a -2 to pilot due to having to shoot through an asteroid field. I will post again by this Sunday, so please try to have your posts/loadout up by then. As always any questions or concerns, just ask.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:11 pm

Oh you will get your report you rocking eating €£¥££. Did he really just spit those rocks out, that like giving us the middle finger. Ducky pauses a moment to see if Que or Serena made any objections at the Karcoola’s out burst.
Still though units are units and this guy seemed to not to mind my killing his dad back before. 500,000 enough for one month’s repairs and food in the belly that is not fried space wasp. Or a few choice contacts out in Mekakur. Mozt folks won’t talk unless you give them a good reason. The reason needs to be great to get them talking about the right thing.

Ducky posses a auestion to the others while riding the lift back, ”Food, Repairs, or Leads?”
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:38 am

On the off chance someone can look past my good horrifc looks it might be good to reach out to someone out near the pleasure planet... Maybe I can get a hold of the prince’s secretary and get his personal agenda.

Ducky taps a few keystrokes and pings secretary Roucku. Ducky could not make out the secretary’s unusually sour demenor. When your prince goes missing shit tends to flow downhill and Roucku had been grilled mercilessy by the royal gaurd. Ducky choughed slightly and began to talk in a pleasant manner, ”Hi, my name is...”

The secretary spat some rock bits at the screen and yelled, ” I know damn well eho you are, a waste of money and time. You’ll fail and we will pick up the peices.”

Before Ducky could respond the feed went dead. What the hell was that?
Streetwise 1d6-4 = -3: 1 wild 1d6-4 = -3: 1
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Sera » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Sera's face cringes at the attempt Ducky made to make contact. "That probably was not the best person to try to contact. How about you let me try someone."

Invoking "I Know A Guy" for Quarter 4, 2018
Streetwise 4 Persuasion 17 (improves contact by 2 levels)
Streetwise 1d8: 1
Wild 1d6: 3
Benny to Reroll
Streetwise 1d8: 3
Wild 1d6: 4

Persuasion 1d12+6 = 17: 11
Wild 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:04 pm

Sera wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:00 pm
Sera's face cringes at the attempt Ducky made to make contact. "That probably was not the best person to try to contact. How about you let me try someone."

Invoking "I Know A Guy" for Quarter 4, 2018
Streetwise 4 Persuasion 17 (improves contact by 2 levels)
Streetwise Original post: 1d8: 1
Wild Original post: 1d6: 3
Benny to Reroll
Streetwise Original post: 1d8: 3
Wild Original post: 1d6: 4

Persuasion Original post: 1d12+6 = 17: 11
Wild Original post: 1d6+6 = 11: 5
Ducky sighs sure she made their task more difficult, but as to how much more she was unsure of. She steps away from the console. Damn. Hopefully Sera has more luck.
” Please, hopefully you have more luck. I fear I have made a grave error trying my hand in gaining intelligence. Other races are sometimes hard for me to read subtle non verbal cues.”
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Stoic » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Luckily, Sera knows a guy. Er a girl. Well... It's name is Mansriel, a changeling madam who works in one of the most prestigious brothels on this particular Pleasure Planet. Mansriel is happy to catch up so sends a GPS Coordinates via Ansible so that Sera and company can easily find the closest space port. They set the Sovereign on auto pilot and have it orbit as closely as possible. A drone ship docks and takes them planet side, revealing a beautiful desert landscape with plenty of sparkling blue water everywhere. The drone ship gingerly lands them at the brothel, a place called "Kink" and Mansriel eagerly takes both Sera and Ducky by the hand, leading them to a private apartment. Mansriel explains that they can both stay here while they are investigating, and Mansriel even provides the name of a couple of people who might be able to help. The first is Tox, a security agent of the corporation that owns this planet, who should be able to help them get footage if it exists.
OOC Comments
Describe what you're doing on your "days off". This is an interlude, so after you complete it take a Benny and an XP which you may immediately apply to your sheet.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Last Time at Kink
A room rich wood walls and white gold tiled ceiling. One of the walls about 15ft in length had a full length mirror framed with platnuim inlays giving the feeling living silver plants held it. Five beds pushed were pushed together as one was centered in the room. /the once pristine white satin sheets were drenched with blood. Arms, fingers, legs of at least six species littered the ground. The blood pooled on the floor like a glactic kolidascope of color. Only two people were in the room aliave. One was Ducky wearing the armor and sigil of Darkstar’s black gaurd and the other a little changling girl with a golden M necklace.

” You must hide yourself. My leige will return if he finds anyone of your unique talents was left alive.”
Ducky left her room pausing to glance down the hall at the galactic suite. Curious that our apartment is so near. I wonder if Mansriel knows... Shrugging siliently Ducky walks down past the go-go dancers and ejectors thankful that she was blind. Outside she felt warm, not too warm but not the constant chill she felt aboard a ship that ran its enviormental support systems on the edge of just barely livable. Softly she hit the comms in her armor’s guantlet and spoke direct to @Sera , ” Sera, I am going to take a walk arround this Tox’s office space...”

Her words trailed off as she spied almost 150 feet away and about 50 feet up at the nearby port, that catered to the ultra wealthy, trouble. A pleasure yatch was being boarded by members of the worst merc company known as Dannies Dozen. Aptly named because they were all named Danny, Dan, or Daniel, and yup there was a dozen of them. Most folks had never heard of them but having traveled the edge of three galaxies and back Ducky reckognized their reversed swastika insignia and knew they were just a thuggry arm of the Megaversal Legion. One of them, a big guy that looked to be the result of a coupling between a quickflex and a dogboy strong armed the captain ( a pleasant looking human) producing the requred yelp for help. Of course species never mattered to Ducky, she had a hard time telling Grackles from Kreeghors. What mattered to her was the cry for help, and it required action on her part.

Quickly she comm’d Sera again, ” Something is up at the port... Hang on.” In a flash she transformed into a being of pure energy, or pure sun light that flooded the cosmos. She sped, flipped, skipped, and bounded off rails, crates, busts, up to the top of the starport in question. Finally flipping over the heads of the mercs onto the cargo plank placing herself firmly between the mercs and their desire to board the ship. Her cosmic armor was blazing hot, and her sword crackled with electricity.

One of the mercs, named Danny-yo cried out with some amount of panic, ” Yo, its the Duck! My... My... Aunty used to tell me tales of Thunder Duck. Its her!”

The leader of the Mercs grimmaced showing a pair of fangs. His name was Count Daniel, and yup a vampire lord beholden to some god aweful intelegence named Eater of Round Things. ”Va... Not Da Thunder Duck I think... Va Va Va she died long ago... Vas Da same get her Dannies!” The mercs dropped the captain producing all maner of weaponry as if they were overcompensating for something.

No way Ducky Boss could loose to these wannabe mercs, but that is when her plan all fell apart and something unexpected happened.
Ducky’s incomplete Interlude
Feel free to play off it, or if not I’ll finish it at a later point.
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:31 pm

"Oh joy Mr. Givens, we are saved. Perhaps I've time to return to the masseuse while you finish packing then." A familiar, acerbic voice says from the door to the cabin dock. On the balcony are a man and a large combat android standing protectively in front of him, a pair that Ducky has not seen for a couple of months.
Dorian in armor.jpg
Mr Givens.jpg
"Lord Director, as these miscreants have a 78% chance of being here on your behalf, I feel it is only proper we aid Captain Boss." The robotic servant chides his master before greeting the Sovereigns leader. "Greetings Captain Boss, you look well, ma'am. Some assistance perhaps?" The combat android levels his rail gun at the mercs and awaits the next move.

Even in heavy armor the irritation of the Altess with his bodyguard is apparent. "I suppose you're going to be intransigent about this.. Fine then." Pulling bits from pouches around his person Dorian assembles and slips what looks like a silencer with light spilling out of the holes onto the muzzle of his machine gun. "Shall we Ducky?" And he unleashes a burst of sunlight enhanced TK rail slugs into Count Daniel. Mr. Givens is more judicious with his fire. Taking a careful single shot into the trunk of the biggest of the D team.
At A Glance
CDorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:46 pm

Ducky slashes Tiny Dan, an ewok esque size and shape weilding broke down plasma torches. His cute furry head falls to the floor of the landing ramp. Ducky might have felt sorry for killing such a cudly creature if she could see. She half smiles behind her face plate at Mr. Givens warm welcome. Perhaps out of custom or in the moment she senses joy welling up being near her favorite Robo Hero, ” Mr. Givens! Salutations indeed my friend! You are not still—“ Her joy is dashed by the unwelcome Shall we Ducky.... Still though even if Mr. Givens was anchored by Dorian, having half a hero at her side was still better than none. She nods curtly at Dorian who by Ducky’s lack of sight is halphazardly spraying the the Dannies equally hitting crates, super structure, as much as actually hitting the mercs. ”Dorian... What brings you here?”

No Ducky, don’t ask him. But we are so short handed... She sighs reigning in the bitter taste of requiring Dorian’s help. ” Say Dorian, would you and Mr. Givens be up for a job? I got this rock prince gone missing and could use... Some help finding him.”
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:14 pm

Ducky wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:46 pm
Ducky slashes Tiny Dan, an ewok esque size and shape weilding broke down plasma torches. His cute furry head falls to the floor of the landing ramp. Ducky might have felt sorry for killing such a cudly creature if she could see. She half smiles behind her face plate at Mr. Givens warm welcome. Perhaps out of custom or in the moment she senses joy welling up being near her favorite Robo Hero, ” Mr. Givens! Salutations indeed my friend! You are not still—“ Her joy is dashed by the unwelcome Shall we Ducky.... Still though even if Mr. Givens was anchored by Dorian, having half a hero at her side was still better than none. She nods curtly at Dorian who by Ducky’s lack of sight is halphazardly spraying the the Dannies equally hitting crates, super structure, as much as actually hitting the mercs. ”Dorian... What brings you here?”

No Ducky, don’t ask him. But we are so short handed... She sighs reigning in the bitter taste of requiring Dorian’s help. ” Say Dorian, would you and Mr. Givens be up for a job? I got this rock prince gone missing and could use... Some help finding him.”
His initial wild spray having done the job of clearing cover and staggering the vampire, Dorian lines up his prey. A careful burst to the chest finishes the undead, the corpse burning to ash inside the armor. "Manky, seeker prats." he curses under his breath. With the roar of the androids continued fire into the brute making conversation difficult without yelling Dorian instead begins entering data into his wrist computer with an aloof air.

On finishing off his target Mr. Givens answers the repentant fallen knight first. "That would be marvelous Captain. We were hoping to find y.."

Interrupting the android "Employment opportunities, we were hoping to find employment opportunities here so we would love to rejoin the crew. And it will be nice to see our ship again, probably need a complete overhaul..." his emphasis to remind Ducky that he is also a shareholder. "As to our presence, I was testing small scale application of endurance and empathy enhancements for.. private entertainers. Not the best paying study but the perks were considerable. Where shall I have our luggage forwarded?" Over a private channel with his servant No need to mention the Eater just yet, perhaps he'll decide on other means to find the forge. Order Priority Alpha."
At A Glance
CDorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Vrothuss » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:00 pm

A previously non-existent Ley Line coalesces from thin air. The Line thickens into something the thickness of a power cable conduit line. As it the Line goes from translucent to solid, the light from the Key Line goes blinding starlight blue.

On the gangplank behind the ruckus of battle opens a rift about six feet in length. Barely wide enough to push a hotel service cart through, a demon in high class rags steps out just as the Vampire Danny crashes to the ground.

"NOOOOO!"

The lights begin fading. The rift fades back as well into a shrinking circle and then a tiny dot that blinks out. The Ley Line fades as well and the figure stands hunched over.

"I will find you Loanea."

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:32 am

What the fuck your ship? Maybe just the air lock... A rift? Damn it sucks being blind!

Ducky swings low severing the knees of Unlucky Dan a human Dan with a couple of cyber eyes and an unlcky streak as big as the new commers horns. She did not kill him instead her arcing blade went for disable. Ducky knows his plight and leans down whispering to unlucky Dan, ”Stay down! You may yet be lucky enough...” A carbonsteel rod fell from the roof of the space dock plunging deep into unlucky Dan’s chest splattering blood on Ducky’s face plate.
Damn... Super unlucky.

She swats at a quickflex looking dan trying to get the drop on Mr. Givens, ”We’ll talk details after this Mr. Givens. It will be great to work with you again. Please tell Dorian...” Quick Dan, that pesky quickflex lunges at Ducky with a pair of vibro axes. The pairs them both in quick secession. I wish I had eyes so I can glare at Dorian! Your ship! I thought we got it out from under all the investors. At least that is what I thought you said last time we travelled together. Maybe now is not the best time for a financial discussion of our ship.

She rolls under a halfhazard spray of bullets coming up near the new arrival. ” The name is Ducky Boss. Keep your head down. These Danny mercs are not all that skilled so their liable to hit you when aiming for us.” The woman named Ducky looks to be wearing armor made of pure sun light energy, if you did not know any better you might even think she was some kind of cosmo knight wearing such cosmic fueled armor. Or perhaps even the fabled cosmo knight Thunder Duck! But of course legends tell that that knight died on Splynn trying to free slaves. Only a few Dannies left, this fight is over soon.
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Sera » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:12 am

Ducky wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:22 pm
Softly she hit the comms in her armor’s guantlet and spoke direct to @Sera , ” Sera, I am going to take a walk arround this Tox’s office space...”
Sera replied back "Don't cause too much trouble now and have some fun." She was in the process of preparing a mineral oil bath. Not entirely sure why she was using the mineral oil but it sure felt good to her. She washed herself off and then proceeded get into the bath. "This feels so good. sure does rejuvenate the circuits." She giggled at circuits bit, "I say such weird things at times."

So she let the maintenance bath do it's thing when Ducky called on the radio again.
Ducky wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:22 pm
Quickly she comm’d Sera again, ” Something is up at the port... Hang on.”
She radio'd back, "Is everything alright?" She gave a pause for any answer. When none came she radio'ed, "Ducky? You there?"

She quickly got out of the bath. A quick rinse and she started to dry herself off. She then proceeded to gear up in her armor.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:46 am

Ducky ducks under another quick-flex vibro axe swipe. She and Quick Dan seemed an equal match. Time to call in some back up. Ducky spins keeping the quick-flex in front of her and the person who rifted in behind her. She wasn’t about to let Quick Dan score a kill on some hapless travler. She toggled the comm unit radioing @Sera ” Sorry Sera, found some mercs, Dannies Dozen going after a pleasure yatch. Ended up being Dorian’s yatch... Probably should have let them take it. But yeah know handsight...” Thrust, parry block. She grunts at the onslaught her sun filled form glowing brightly, ” We got them down to Dannies half Dozen, I could use some back up. They are more skilled than I recalled.”
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Vrothuss » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:12 am

Vrothuss, being sensitive energy and light, realizes that the one addressing herself as Ducky, is or was or might yet be a Cosmo Knight. The warning is received in time and Vrothuss processes and responds appropriately.

Where Ducky throws off light, Vrothuss begins bending and shaping it. The light gets sucked in towards Vrothuss's center and vision becomes distorted and blurred. Where there was sound there is none now and none for fifteen or twenty seconds. The lack of silence is then replaced with acascading and deafening sound as if the thrusters on the nearest starship are being pushed to 200% capacity. Then the light and energy come rolling off of Vrothuss in steady thrumming waves.

Spatial Deflection _
Master over space allows the temporal wizard not only to deflect attacks against them but also to redirect them! The power effects are the same (-2 and -4 on a raise) but the caster can make a Shooting attack at -2 (no penalty on a raise) to redirect failed attacks to another foe! This applies to ranged attacks only, melee attacks are deflected as normal.
"Ducky, you should find me without issue. I will meet you halfway."

Vrothuss walks down the gangplank past Dorian and Mr. Givens who are both for a time enveloped in the Spatial Deflection field. Attacks that are directed towards anyone in the field are refelcted, deflected, and some are even absorbed.

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Ducky wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:32 am
She swats at a quickflex looking dan trying to get the drop on Mr. Givens, ”We’ll talk details after this Mr. Givens. It will be great to work with you again. Please tell Dorian...” Quick Dan, that pesky quickflex lunges at Ducky with a pair of vibro axes. The pairs them both in quick secession. I wish I had eyes so I can glare at Dorian! Your ship! I thought we got it out from under all the investors. At least that is what I thought you said last time we travelled together. Maybe now is not the best time for a financial discussion of our ship.

She rolls under a halfhazard spray of bullets coming up near the new arrival. ” The name is Ducky Boss. Keep your head down. These Danny mercs are not all that skilled so their liable to hit you when aiming for us.” The woman named Ducky looks to be wearing armor made of pure sun light energy, if you did not know any better you might even think she was some kind of cosmo knight wearing such cosmic fueled armor. Or perhaps even the fabled cosmo knight Thunder Duck! But of course legends tell that that knight died on Splynn trying to free slaves. Only a few Dannies left, this fight is over soon.
Cute, the talk to me through Givens game. They must really need our help, how very fortunate. Dorian continues typing away at his wrist-comp, he seems to be taking notes and analyzing data. "Your reaction time to parry is down 12.3 percent today Ducky, feeling flustered? Twiterpated perhaps?" Complete fiction but he can't help but push her buttons while he works, it's very centering. Actually he is tracking the arrival of the merc's back up squad, he'd managed to jam up the air traffic AI enough to cause their arrival to be staggered, but not as much as he had hoped.

Unnecessarily Mr. Givens intones "More mercenaries are arriving Sirs. Captain Boss I do hope the rest of the crew is near." The huge combat butler slings the railgun and brings his enormous chain-sword to bear as he moves down the gangplank towards the new arrivals. Giving the Gemini Demon a friendly nod as he passes him, "Mr. Vrothuss sir, a pleasure" then he continues down thru the small arms fire. Even the few MD weapons the mercs sport have little effect on the Altess robot. Cutting down the last one on the gangplank he takes up position beside Ducky to face down the next wave.

"Still patched into air traffic so..yes." The techno-wizard looks up as Vrothuss passes, "You again? We paid you and still know nothing of your sister. Those of us with souls still wish to keep them. We covered all this last time so what do you want?"
At A Glance
CDorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Vrothuss » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:58 pm

Dorian Falstaff wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm
Unnecessarily Mr. Givens intones "More mercenaries are arriving Sirs. Captain Boss I do hope the rest of the crew is near." The huge combat butler slings the railgun and brings his enormous chain-sword to bear as he moves down the gangplank towards the new arrivals. Giving the Gemini Demon a friendly nod as he passes him, "Mr. Vrothuss sir, a pleasure" then he continues down thru the small arms fire. Even the few MD weapons the mercs sport have little effect on the Altess robot. Cutting down the last one on the gangplank he takes up position beside Ducky to face down the next wave.

"Still patched into air traffic so..yes." The techno-wizard looks up as Vrothuss passes, "You again? We paid you and still know nothing of your sister. Those of us with souls still wish to keep them. We covered all this last time so what do you want?"

Without even looking at Dorian, "You again? I figured Ducky would have spaced you."

As he gets close and passes Givens, "Givens, how do you endure this bedazzled whoopi cushion?"

Nearly passed the pair on the gangplank, Voss (Ducky's nickname for Vrothuss) flicks his left wrist and Dorian falls over on his backside staring up at the approaching reinforcements. In a mere whisper directed at Dorian, "Sir, from your vantage point, are there reinforcements coming?"

Fluidly arriving next to Ducky he lets his presence be known but says nothing.

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Sera » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:11 pm

Sera is pulling on her tight fitting body suit, legs first as she replies back to Ducky on the radio. "Getting ready as fast as I can. I was taking a mineral oil bath. Where are you now?"
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:10 pm

Ducky swivels her head trying to get a better image of the reinforcments heading their way. Probably some megaversal legionairs or some such. Swiftly upon turning her focus back to the improptu melee she responds to @Sera ” We are at the VIP star port just a few hundred feet from KinK. You can probably at least see some megaversal legionaires heading our way.” Ducky grins swinging her electric blade at Might Danny Boy, a young draconic looking creature. She grunts knocking the larger creature to the ground, ”Maybe even some security forces.”

After a heartbeat she nods to @Vrothuss , ” Good timing as always Voss.” Her lips pursed trying to hide her amusement at Voss voicing the spacing comment. In truth the ship had been pretty quiet without Voss, Mr. Given and even Dorian aboard. She didn’t mind the quiet it gave her a chance to contemplate her nightly nightmares. But there was only so much one could dwell on such horrible visions. It’ll be nice to have the ship full again. We are family after all.
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Vrothuss » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:45 pm

@Ducky "The last lead did not pan out and you seem to have hit my most recent lead, well ... right between its four eyes."

Voss as he is called by the crew of the Sovereign, moves up to be near Ducky and places a hand on her shoulder, "I think we are all accounted for Ducky. Do we need more time pampering and primping? Maybe Dorian needs another coat of polish to his ego?"

Finally having the presence of mind to look around, Vrothuss realizes that @Sera is not currently with them.

"Should I retrieve, Sera?"

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Vrothuss wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:58 pm

Without even looking at Dorian, "You again? I figured Ducky would have spaced you."

As he gets close and passes Givens, "Givens, how do you endure this bedazzled whoopi cushion?"

Nearly passed the pair on the gangplank, Voss (Ducky's nickname for Vrothuss) flicks his left wrist and Dorian falls over on his backside staring up at the approaching reinforcements. In a mere whisper directed at Dorian, "Sir, from your vantage point, are there reinforcements coming?"

Fluidly arriving next to Ducky he lets his presence be known but says nothing.
"My core AI has been the Lord Director's manservant for 80 years, I am quite acclimated to his eccentricities. Sirs I am noting several more potential vampires among these mercenaries. I shall be ineffective against them unfortunately."

From his seat on the gangplank Dorian fumes a second, more over the timing of the demon's prank than the act it's self. Verbal sparring is a high art form in the social circles of the Dynasty's elite so reposts were expected. But the pratfall caused the Altess TW to miss his window to hijack the shuttles controls before the planetary air traffic AI could. Brute force is out, guess I'll do something tricky eyeing the schematics for the docks he finds where the water resupply pipes run under the deck. While he waits for his moment he address' the ships Captain.

"Don't stand there gawking like a halfwit. Get inside! And tell your statesmen to prepare my luggage immediately. Also, I will not be recommending the cuisine. Champagne from a keg? Really?!"
At A Glance
CDorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Vrothuss » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:32 am

Dorian Falstaff wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:55 pm
From his seat on the gangplank Dorian fumes a second, more over the timing of the demon's prank than the act it's self. Verbal sparring is a high art form in the social circles of the Dynasty's elite so reposts were expected. But the pratfall caused the Altess TW to miss his window to hijack the shuttles controls before the planetary air traffic AI could. Brute force is out, guess I'll do something tricky eyeing the schematics for the docks he finds where the water resupply pipes run under the deck. While he waits for his moment he address' the ships Captain.
"Ducky how does your sight do with negative energy sources? I will mark the Nicks and you tell me if anything registers for you."

A radiant wave of light, heat, and sound wash out from the gangplank. Every individual attracts or deflects a certain of amount of the energy. The vampires collect the eheat and energy, making a deadspace along with a very definite chill.

[Exalted Awareness]

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Sera » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:44 am

Sera, finally suited up runs out of the KinK and scans for where all the fighting is going on. Not seeing it anywhere around, she finally hears the noise of combat from above. She looks a bit frustrated, over the radio, "How am I supposed to get way up there? not like I can fly!"

She starts moving towards the star port.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Vrothuss » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:18 pm

Voss heres Sera and decides that if Ducky registers anything at all, she will let him know.

Picking up her energy signature, Voss sights in on Sera and pulls up a phasing rift ten feet in front of her. The rift exits on the gangplank near Dorian and Mr. Givens.

"Sera, come on up and keep Dorian in line."

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Sera » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:34 pm

Am I lucky?
high roll is exit not into open air. 1d2: 2

Sera, running for the port, suddenly finds a rift in front of her. She tries to put on the breaks, so to speak. "Aaahh... *zapp*" Her likely profane words are muffled as she fails to stop and enters the portal of reaches unknown to her. Fortunately for her, she didn't exit running off the end of the gangplank.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Vrothuss » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:29 pm

Vrothuss feels a pop as SERA enters the rift and is deposited beside him on the gangplank. The portal snaps shut behind her as she works to regain her balance.

Voss reaches back and steadies SERA with a hand on her shoulder.

"SERA, maybe you and Givens can keep Dorian from falling into any further danger."

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Ducky grins happy to have everyone together. She ducks under Fancy Dan’s vibro rapier. The Dan calls out gesturing to the starship and its gangplank, ” Damn you! This noble was supposed to be sooo lazy no one liked him!”

Ducky slides her Atless crafted Evicerator under the man’s armpit, and with her free hand she knocks to the rapier to the ground. Swiftly she releases him and kicks his legs from out beneath him. Like a cat toying with a toy she smiles, ” Sorry Dan, he is not lazy, just much of the galaxy is beneath his notice. Beside he is our noble.”

Fancy Dan scampers away as do many of the Dannies left aliave and their magaversal legion. It seems today was not the day to trifle with the crew of the Sovergn.

Ducky sighs asking the others, ” Perhaps we should reconvien and go over our current mission and bring Mr. Givens and Voss up to speed.” I would have included Dorian in those two but I suspect he already knows twice as much as the rest of us. Per usual he will let us muddle arround and swoop in saving the day last minute.
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:11 pm

Cursing under his breath when the remaining vampires make their escape as he'd hoped to get the last of the Eaters cronies. With the master gone hopefully their influence in that legion squad had been broken and it would be a while before they troubled him again. Focusing on the task at hand, he shuts down his brute force hack of the planetary air traffic server. The infiltration had not been subtle and most anything he did would leave easy to find traces so he waited to look up the flight data of the missing royal. As it was the cyber attack would be blamed on the mercs as part of their raid, best to keep it that way.

"Yes we really should seek privacy, no need to spend the day answering the inane questions of the security forces. Who knows how much longer their hackers will hold off the alarms. Not long one could assume." Slinging his gun Dorian stands, checking the readouts on his wrist computer, "Not long at all. So, is there a shack or hovel they've allowed you to stay in, where shall I have our effects sent? Or is this a day trip?"

Stowing his own weapon the combat butler turns to great Sera "Greeting Miss Sera, I hope you have been well. It really is wonderful to see you all again."" Mr. Givens then walks up the plank to grab an armload of their gear and luggage.
At A Glance
CDorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Vrothuss » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:30 pm

"We are literally the only crew that has a side show." Voss points back at all the "junk" Givens is carrying.

"While I am glad you arrived when you did, wouldn't it have made more sense just to leave your things on board the Sovereign?"

Dramatically pausing, then sweeping his arm out towards Ducky and SERA, "Like the rest of the crew?"

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:47 pm

Vrothuss wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:30 pm
"We are literally the only crew that has a side show." Voss points back at all the "junk" Givens is carrying.

"While I am glad you arrived when you did, wouldn't it have made more sense just to leave your things on board the Sovereign?"

Dramatically pausing, then sweeping his arm out towards Ducky and SERA, "Like the rest of the crew?"
"The rest of the crew is not forced to periodically return home, which is on the exact opposite end of known space from here. So I take necesities, like repeir parts for Mr. Givens and my equipment as well as parts for anything I may need to invent in the feild. Various testing equipment for my experiments would do me little good in a presentation to my fellow Lord Directors were I to leave it behind. And I also brought some things for the upkeep and inprovement of the Sovereign, a fresh supply of wine and a new wardrobe. So yes, really all quite necessary." He points to various crates and luggage, some of which is in the robots arms, the rest is being placed on a dolly by the ships porters.
At A Glance
CDorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Vrothuss » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:31 pm

Completely ignoring Dorian, Voss walks over to Givens.

Squuezing Givens arms, "Givens, did Mr. Falstaff here, replace your stabilizers or maybe give you a cosmetic upgrade, 'cuz DAMN you are looking buff. Like you plussed up your carrying capacity. Impressive. You must have been working out with all the "necessities" Mr. Falstaff has you bring to and fro."

Leaving Givens, Voss walks back to Ducky and SERA, "Dorian needs to be penalized for delay of game, say 75% of earnings from this job and the next three. We honestly can not proceeed anywhere with any amount of stealth or composure with all his "things". We might as well convene our meeting, right here in the open."

Turning back to Dorian, "Might as well reload the shuttle you came in on. The Sovereign is docked in a space port." To emphasize, Voss summons a viewing port that reveals the Sovereign docked outside of the atmosphere of their current planetary location.

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Sera » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:21 am

Sera looks over to Voss as he helps stead her, "Thanks."
Ducky wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:51 pm
Ducky sighs asking the others, ” Perhaps we should reconvien and go over our current mission and bring Mr. Givens and Voss up to speed.” I would have included Dorian in those two but I suspect he already knows twice as much as the rest of us. Per usual he will let us muddle arround and swoop in saving the day last minute.
Dorian Falstaff wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:11 pm
"Yes we really should seek privacy, no need to spend the day answering the inane questions of the security forces. Who knows how much longer their hackers will hold off the alarms. Not long one could assume." Slinging his gun Dorian stands, checking the readouts on his wrist computer, "Not long at all. So, is there a shack or hovel they've allowed you to stay in, where shall I have our effects sent? Or is this a day trip?"

Stowing his own weapon the combat butler turns to great Sera "Greeting Miss Sera, I hope you have been well. It really is wonderful to see you all again."" Mr. Givens then walks up the plank to grab an armload of their gear and luggage.
"Hello Mr Givens, I've been great! It's nice to see you as well." Sera turns to Dorian. "We have a room over at the KinK. My contact", she pauses to glance towards Ducky, a look of sympathy in her eyes, "set us up there."
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:06 pm

Sera wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:21 am
Sera looks over to Voss as he helps stead her, "Thanks."
Ducky wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:51 pm
Ducky sighs asking the others, ” Perhaps we should reconvien and go over our current mission and bring Mr. Givens and Voss up to speed.” I would have included Dorian in those two but I suspect he already knows twice as much as the rest of us. Per usual he will let us muddle arround and swoop in saving the day last minute.
Dorian Falstaff wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:11 pm
"Yes we really should seek privacy, no need to spend the day answering the inane questions of the security forces. Who knows how much longer their hackers will hold off the alarms. Not long one could assume." Slinging his gun Dorian stands, checking the readouts on his wrist computer, "Not long at all. So, is there a shack or hovel they've allowed you to stay in, where shall I have our effects sent? Or is this a day trip?"

Stowing his own weapon the combat butler turns to great Sera "Greeting Miss Sera, I hope you have been well. It really is wonderful to see you all again."" Mr. Givens then walks up the plank to grab an armload of their gear and luggage.
"Hello Mr Givens, I've been great! It's nice to see you as well." Sera turns to Dorian. "We have a room over at the KinK. My contact", she pauses to glance towards Ducky, a look of sympathy in her eyes, "set us up there."
Dorian not only gives an appreciative nod but refrains from any puerile remarks. "Ah yes, quite a nice establishment. My brother Ashcroft has highly recommended it. Also the company, unlike some lesser species, is not prejudiced against Altess wealth and refimement. This should be a mostly pleasant stay while we cast about for clues."

Vrothuss wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:31 pm
Completely ignoring Dorian, Voss walks over to Givens.

Squuezing Givens arms, "Givens, did Mr. Falstaff here, replace your stabilizers or maybe give you a cosmetic upgrade, 'cuz DAMN you are looking buff. Like you plussed up your carrying capacity. Impressive. You must have been working out with all the "necessities" Mr. Falstaff has you bring to and fro."

Leaving Givens, Voss walks back to Ducky and SERA, "Dorian needs to be penalized for delay of game, say 75% of earnings from this job and the next three. We honestly can not proceeed anywhere with any amount of stealth or composure with all his "things". We might as well convene our meeting, right here in the open."

Turning back to Dorian, "Might as well reload the shuttle you came in on. The Sovereign is docked in a space port." To emphasize, Voss summons a viewing port that reveals the Sovereign docked outside of the atmosphere of their current planetary location.
Looking thru Vrothuss' viewport Dorian flips open his helm, his eyes are wide and mouth open in a O. Theatrically putting his hand to his mouth he gasps, "Our starship, which is incapable of atmospheric flight, is parked at a spaceport? Amazing! I certainly hope this high tech, vacation paradise has things like robot porter shuttles to ferry things about. Speaking of where we are, whom do you think will stick out more on this playground for the wealthy. The nobleman with the expected amount of baggage or the hell spawn whose dressed in garbage and smells like he's been sleeping in a fecal reclaimator?" Rolling his eyes at the Gemini "Really, you make it too easy sometimes. But seriously, I do have some things you can borr.. have. So you're not completely out of place. "

Looking down at his computer, "And we REALLY should be going." He leads Mr. Givens down the gangplank and towards Kink.
At A Glance
CDorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Ducky
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:19 am

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Ducky » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Back to Kink? While I do not want to go back to that sweat filled sensory assult Dorian needs to change and by the way he is walking probably have some sex.

Ducky sighs powering down her cosmic forge lent armor and whispers, ” Fine, lets get back there and go over the mission details. You guys will never believe who got kidnapped.,,” On the way to fine upstanding whore house she chats up Givens and Voss filling them in. Dorian’s probably too busy counting to five or trying to figure out how to dispel all those dimentional air locks Voss set up around the ship last go.

” We got contracted by this rock guy Kugarian, to find their wayward prince. If it weren’t so obvious they were not Dorian’s people I would have assumed it was Dorian himself who went missing...” Ducky stops walking mis step as an idea flew into her head by the forge itself. ” Forge! Maybe its a good thing you guys came along when you did. Maybe we can use these pirates’ weakness against them?” She points to Dorian, ” What do you think Givens your man up for the challenge of bait?”
Ducky Stat Block
Charisma: 2 or -4; Pace: 8[16]; Parry: 11; Toughness: 24(10) MDC; Strain: 0
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note: Champion +2 toughness vs super natural evil, Courage under fire ( if she leads from the front 50% chance of avoiding wounds dealt)

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 for bad dreams

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Ducky wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:21 pm
Back to Kink? While I do not want to go back to that sweat filled sensory assult Dorian needs to change and by the way he is walking probably have some sex.

Ducky sighs powering down her cosmic forge lent armor and whispers, ” Fine, lets get back there and go over the mission details. You guys will never believe who got kidnapped.,,” On the way to fine upstanding whore house she chats up Givens and Voss filling them in. Dorian’s probably too busy counting to five or trying to figure out how to dispel all those dimentional air locks Voss set up around the ship last go.

” We got contracted by this rock guy Kugarian, to find their wayward prince. If it weren’t so obvious they were not Dorian’s people I would have assumed it was Dorian himself who went missing...” Ducky stops walking mis step as an idea flew into her head by the forge itself. ” Forge! Maybe its a good thing you guys came along when you did. Maybe we can use these pirates’ weakness against them?” She points to Dorian, ” What do you think Givens your man up for the challenge of bait?”
"Yes, he does have a habit of going rogue. An unfortunate flaw many of the Family posses. While I would not presume to speak for the Lord Director, if this would place him in additional danger it would make me uncomfortable. But so do these sojourns outside of the Dynasty in general."

Most of Dorians thoughts are working out the slow worm program he was going to use to get the flight telemetry of the Princes vessel from the planetary flight control center but he still caught Ducky's suggestion. "Actually quite a good idea Ducky. This will of course require I visibly enjoy the wonderful offerings of the world. Preferably in some of the same places our lost princeling visited and to spread the word which direction I'll be heading on departure. Then they come to us." Fiddling around with his wrist computer a bit, "I should be able to get his flight plan in 24 hours or so. @@Sera how influential is your friend? If she has pull with accounting I may be able to fund this ruse and make myself a more worthwhile target."
At A Glance
CDorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Sera » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:12 pm

The apartment has a large hot tub in it and it is currently filled with liquid.

"Mansriel gave us a list of names of people to contact, and provided us with this private apartment." She glances over her shoulder, "Nooo.. Voss, don't go in the bath. That's not.... water..." She sweatdrops not wanting to think about the cleaning bill.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Sera wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:12 pm
The apartment has a large hot tub in it and it is currently filled with liquid.

"Mansriel gave us a list of names of people to contact, and provided us with this private apartment." She glances over her shoulder, "Nooo.. Voss, don't go in the bath. That's not.... water..." She sweatdrops not wanting to think about the cleaning bill.
"But do please find A bath. Mr. Givens will find you some suitable attire whilst I do likewise. Givens please do contact payment services and inquire if they have a Truant payment delay option." Grabbing a case that presumably contains clothing Dorian heads for one of suites bathrooms.
Last edited by Dorian Falstaff on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At A Glance
CDorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Vrothuss » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Voss had set one of his "other" selves to walk with Ducky and Sera to their meeting destination. He has mastered the art of porting, rather stealthly.

When @Sera points out that "Voss" not step into the oilbath, is when Voss reappears about five feet away leaning against the wall.

He has changed his clothes and is wearing an outfit that makes him look like a rich aristocrat albiet he has red skin

"Let us get last known locations for our quarry. If need be we can port our way through those locations."

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Vrothuss wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:38 pm
Voss had set one of his "other" selves to walk with Ducky and Sera to their meeting destination. He has mastered the art of porting, rather stealthly.

When @Sera points out that "Voss" not step into the oilbath, is when Voss reappears about five feet away leaning against the wall.

He has changed his clothes and is wearing an outfit that makes him look like a rich aristocrat albiet he has red skin

"Let us get last known locations for our quarry. If need be we can port our way through those locations."
While a prick Dorian is not too full of himself to give credit where it's due. "Nice trick, real even. Did you also conjure customs documents? With the minion war going on an undocumented demon teleporting around may raise eyebrows. Really the teleporting in general. Relax and act like you're enjoying yourself. Play the part Vrothuss. Who knows you might actually have fun by accident. I'll rig you an ID after I have freshened up."
At A Glance
CDorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Vrothuss
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Vrothuss » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 pm

Voss laughs emptily at Dorian's sense of humor. "My species is well liked most anywhere we go except Splynn and the blazing levels of Hell."

Pausing for a moment, a sharp crackle of energy, and Voss has in his hands customs documents. Anyone getting close enough to see, realizes they are Dorian's documents. "I believe I have the necessary certification, for now."

Standing straight from leaning on the wall, you really should invest in a portal and let Givens d his own thing. Voss begins drawing in the air. One four foot horisontal line above his head. Another four foot horizontal line on above the floor at ankle level. The two line he then connects with a nearly six foot line. To either side of the six foot vertical line, Voss draws two circle.

Sticking his hands inside the circles, two doors open outwards. With the doors open Voss leans inside and snaps his fingers. Lights come on and a well organized storage room can now bee seen. Lockers. Shelves, Racks for clothing. Even a few pieces of equipment or maybe tools sit in the last corner.

"Really Dorian. This is the New Age and get with the program."

User avatar
Dorian Falstaff
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Dorian Falstaff » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 pm

Vrothuss wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 pm
Voss laughs emptily at Dorian's sense of humor. "My species is well liked most anywhere we go except Splynn and the blazing levels of Hell."

Pausing for a moment, a sharp crackle of energy, and Voss has in his hands customs documents. Anyone getting close enough to see, realizes they are Dorian's documents. "I believe I have the necessary certification, for now."

Standing straight from leaning on the wall, you really should invest in a portal and let Givens d his own thing. Voss begins drawing in the air. One four foot horisontal line above his head. Another four foot horizontal line on above the floor at ankle level. The two line he then connects with a nearly six foot line. To either side of the six foot vertical line, Voss draws two circle.

Sticking his hands inside the circles, two doors open outwards. With the doors open Voss leans inside and snaps his fingers. Lights come on and a well organized storage room can now bee seen. Lockers. Shelves, Racks for clothing. Even a few pieces of equipment or maybe tools sit in the last corner.

"Really Dorian. This is the New Age and get with the program."
Dorian removes his helmet and produces his MOS glasses, and begins to examine the pocket dimension. As per usual, technical or mystical things divert his haughty demeanor and he becomes almost pleasant "Most defiantly among the things I need in invest study in. But I would want to research the effects of magic low areas and dispelling magics on them before placing anything of real worth in one. As to Mr. Givens, I think you grossly misunderstand the complexity of his AI. He has no "own thing" as he is not a fully sapient being. While he has complicated social and combat algorithms as well as a vast library of data, he has no sense of individual self and no personal goals aside from those I programed him with. I would not build a fully sentient AI, nor would I employ one by coercion."
At A Glance
CDorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities:
  • List of Abilities
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 20/20
Bennies: 4/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature

User avatar
Sera
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Mission 1: Taken

Post by Sera » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:59 am

Dorian Falstaff wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 pm
Vrothuss wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 pm
Voss laughs emptily at Dorian's sense of humor. "My species is well liked most anywhere we go except Splynn and the blazing levels of Hell."

Pausing for a moment, a sharp crackle of energy, and Voss has in his hands customs documents. Anyone getting close enough to see, realizes they are Dorian's documents. "I believe I have the necessary certification, for now."

Standing straight from leaning on the wall, you really should invest in a portal and let Givens d his own thing. Voss begins drawing in the air. One four foot horisontal line above his head. Another four foot horizontal line on above the floor at ankle level. The two line he then connects with a nearly six foot line. To either side of the six foot vertical line, Voss draws two circle.

Sticking his hands inside the circles, two doors open outwards. With the doors open Voss leans inside and snaps his fingers. Lights come on and a well organized storage room can now bee seen. Lockers. Shelves, Racks for clothing. Even a few pieces of equipment or maybe tools sit in the last corner.

"Really Dorian. This is the New Age and get with the program."
Dorian removes his helmet and produces his MOS glasses, and begins to examine the pocket dimension. As per usual, technical or mystical things divert his haughty demeanor and he becomes almost pleasant "Most defiantly among the things I need in invest study in. But I would want to research the effects of magic low areas and dispelling magics on them before placing anything of real worth in one. As to Mr. Givens, I think you grossly misunderstand the complexity of his AI. He has no "own thing" as he is not a fully sapient being. While he has complicated social and combat algorithms as well as a vast library of data, he has no sense of individual self and no personal goals aside from those I programed him with. I would not build a fully sentient AI, nor would I employ one by coercion."
As Dorian details the Mr. Givens AI complexity, somewhere inside Sera's own software, she feels a bit of sadness at him not being a fully sentient AI.

"The first person on the list is a security agent of the corporation that owns this planet, Tox. Mansriel suggested that he should be able to help us track down any surveillance footage if it exists. Boss was going to check out his office when she ran into the Dannies. I guess that is where we are at right now."

Sera looks down the list to see what other names might be on it.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5
  • Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Halo
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

Post Reply

Return to “Adventure Forum”