The Sovereign (Open RP)

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

The Sovereign (Open RP)

Post by Stoic »

These conversations take place on your main base of operations, The Sovereign. The Sovereign is a former pirate ship repurposed as the groups transportation.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Re: The Sovereign (Open RP)

Post by Ducky »

She was a good ship...

Ahhhh!! Smoke, acrid and daughnting. I could not not see it persea but I could smell it rising from the deck plates. Something hit us, something hard and nasty. Bodies floating everywhere. If I had eyes I would cry because of Que’s mangled face. Eyes torn right out by the decomressive force of a hull breech. The deck plating still stunk of pirates. The walls along the main hallway still stained with the blood of something unnatural and Pink. Only one escape pod and it still had its former crew entombed inside. But a good ship and a sturdy ship. Our ship, and we did not owe anyone unlike the Naruni Lacky’s we used to work with. But damn why was someone shooting at us? Where was our backup? Arggghhh.

She was a good ship and I had been having that dream for a month straight now. Was the forge reaching out?”

Ducky was in her armed suit helmet off and her beautiful face was “looking” into a bowl of gruel. Her hair just sort of waved as the recycled air softy blew through, like an old fashioned movie star. Even when she frowned like she was now it was not unbecoming. Some are cursed with good looks and Ducky was one of them. She was also cursed by bad dreams, and last night was no different than the one before. She sighed trying to forget her nightmare and says, ”Well Cheif out did himself this time, I am not sure what it is or even its color but it is warm and plenty of it.” She points to a nearby seat ” Can I get you bowl?”
Ducky Stat Block
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note:

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 benny for reroll kn battle
Que

Post by Que »

Looking at the gruel served up as some sort of imitation of food Que was thinking perhaps if he looks around the odds of something better was being in the kitchen could easily be bumped in his favor.

Ducky sighed trying to forget something she had been brooding over for a few weeks now. ”Well Chief out did himself this time, I am not sure what it is or even its color but it is warm and plenty of it.” She points to a nearby seat ” Can I get you bowl?”

Que could not help but jump on the opportunity. "Here, take mine. I am pretty sure we have some steaks in the bottom of the freezer that was just covered up and we missed it." With the words spoken Que began concentrating on the possibility, what if another him knew that he would be hungry, stopped by dug some steaks out of the fridge and prepared them for him? The odds where reasonable anyways. Getting to the freezer Q2 opened it up and began digging. "Dammit!" Only old earth style instant diners, he was sure he had steaks in mind, absolutely positive. "Well I guess it is better than more gruel." He says as he pulls it from the freezer cooking it up for Q1 before sitting it down in front of him oh yeah, and of course he spent a little time to have it cool off.

His breaded chicken patty would be perfectly heated and cooled and enjoyable. Looking across the table at Ducky as a fresh dish of perfectly cooked breaded chicken parmigiana suddenly appears in from of him Que asks. "So boss, what keeps making you so depressed? I feel like I need to cry every time I see that long look as if we just lost a sister." Taking a bite of his meal Que nods to himself, perfect.
Que (Rob T) Status & Conditions
Bennies 4 + 1 Platinum Benny
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ohn

Post by Ohn »

Ohn pulls up a chair joining his teammates during mealtime and places an oversized bowl filled with water on the table in front of him. Having learned that most other species bond over consumption of nutrition, Ohn doesn't wish to be left out.

"I-am-Ohn." Ohn says to Ducky, echoing Que's concern about their boss' sullen mood. In an effort to be helpful, he pulls out the sunlight lamp he keeps on his person and points to it.

"I-am-Ohn?" the Flora offers, knowing that he always feels better whenever he basks in sunlight for a while. Perhaps Ducky needed to set down a base tan.

Hopeful that she will accept, Ohn carefully places the lamp on the table between himself and Ducky. Taking his cue from Que, Ohn begins to partake of the comestibles. He lifts the bowl up to his 'mouth' and pours, drinking in large gulps. Since the bowl was not designed for such movement of water, not all the water is drunk, some spilling over into his lap and onto the floor of the galley.
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky smiles weakly at the two who had joined her. The light Ohn had provided almost felt like the warm embrace of the forge... Almost. She looked at the lamp with a great longing. She mutters taking a bite of gruel, ” Its like a pale reflection of what once was. A nice gesture. Thank you Ohn.”

When the liquid spills out from Ohn bowl she kneels near with a cloth dabbing where it spilt. Softly she says and in her own way answering Que’s question to her grim countance, ” This is a good ship, a sturdy ship, from its deck plates to the hull and the parts inbetween it is a solid ship. Worthy of our travels.” She presses her cloth to the floor drying it best she could with care. ” We take care of it and it will take care of us. Get us to where we need to be.” She pauses perhaps unable to see where the rest of the liquid may have spilled and her tone grows cold, ” Something is coming. My dreams turn nightmare and the forge shows me how it all ends. Bodies floating everywhere...”

She grows quiet and sits back down with her face turned towards the gruel.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Sera

Post by Sera »

"But do floating bodies really mean they are dead? Bodies float when there is no gravity." Sera walks into the lounge from the forward decks. She walks over to grab herself some food to find out it is gruel, "again?" Taking a bowl, she scoops herself up a helping. "Ships on autopilot." She comes over and sits at one of the ends of table. She looks at the food in front of her as she lost her appetite now, this strange habit of taking food and then not eating it she has. She looks up at the others. "Anything new?"
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 2 / 3
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny
    • Mission 1: Sabotage & Slipped Away
      • Spent 2 Benny to Reroll damage.

Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5

• Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.

Halo

Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que listens to the morbid expressions from his mentor and his own emotions instantly begin to reflex hers. The food in front of him disappears from sight as a Que only he knows of takes it away and disposes of the dish. His sudden sullenness enough to be considered inappropriate for an adult, but common for Que and those who know him. "You know, sometimes when I pull at possibility. There is a single possibility that pull back. Like there is something out there that wants to happen and will only let me stretch so far. What if that is the future you see?"

Shaking his head he finishes mumbling. "There is something out there shaping everything. And it does not want us changing its plans."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Sera, Que, Ohn and myself traveling the space lanes as it should be. Que makes a good point and observant at that. The great cosmic forge moves everything.

Ducky smiles at Sera taking the food but not eating it. ” Yes, gruel... Tasty and hot much better than what they served the slaves on Atlantis.” From Ducky’s bag she pulls out a checkered wooden sphere with small figurines attached to it. She lets it hover over the table.
Game
4A20DF97-312C-40C3-9600-A54BC35ED4E7.jpeg
She gestures to it, ” I picked it up on our last stop. The natives called it Churel. A game of tactics, intelegence, and agility. 3 rounds and the board constantly shifts and moves. Whomever anticipates the shifting board will have the opportunity to knock off the opposing players chief champion.” She pauses looking toward Que, ” I am told even those who can view many different time streams will find the game baffling.” Perhaps a few games will help me forget.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Que scoots his seat over so he is across from Ducky. "So am i allowed to use my powers on this one, or is it meant to be like the others games where I just let things happen all hard like rocks?"

then once things are set and he thinks he understands the rules Que begins playing. The defeat was sound the first few, games but soon he was able to understand the basics and by the fourth game Que was able to stay in the challenge for 9 turns.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Sera

Post by Sera »

"Sounds like fun!" She has no idea why she said that though. Sera watches Ducky and Que play the game. Her eyes darting back and forth recording all that she sees of the game. A strange though came to mind of one of her ancestors, deep blue. After watching a few matches, she goes to make a comment on the game but stops with her mouth open as she is stared down by the others.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.

Halo

*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que is confused by the reaction of the girl, looking up he asks. "What's up, look like ya got something to say?

"I know I am not very good, yet. But there is a learning curve and as long as I keep going I will be better than the boss in no time."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Sera

Post by Sera »

Sera blinks a few time and looks over at Que, "Just recalling a profession one of my... ancestors did. They played a lot of games."
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

As the words linger on "other professions" Vrothuss appears in his former slaves garb. His virtually penniless appearance he has found, hides his arcane powers so well.

"Yes, some of us have had other life pursuits, if you will."

Even in his dishevled look, he is still very handsome. Pleasant appearances aside he is very astute and overly cautious.

Noticing the bowl of gruel, "Sera, you going to eat that?"

As if on que, across the Sovereign's PA, "It's a single-celled protein combined with synthetic aminos, vitamins, and minerals. Everything the body needs."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss
6 Advances - Seasoned 3 - Gemini Demon Shifter
Parry: 2 || Toughness: 10 [1]
PPE: 30/30
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

Sera looks over at Vrothuss, "I guess not, you can have it." She pushes the bowl over to Vrothuss.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

Post by Dorian Falstaff »

Vrothuss wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:52 pm

As if on que, across the Sovereign's PA, "It's a single-celled protein combined with synthetic aminos, vitamins, and minerals. Everything the body needs."
"It's disgusting slop not fit for plebs, livestock perhaps. Regardless I'll have none of it." The Altess engineer enters the mess hall followed by his robotic man servant, Mr. Givens. "And most of you look half dead of malnourishment, eyes sunk in, sallow pallor. Can't have that, you'll be totally worthless in the field."

Givens is pushing a cart laden with tools and a strange device that looks a microwave, on top of a cabinet, hooked to a computer.
"I think they all look quite healthy Sir, but more pleasant food will be a boon to moral."

"As I know you have no medical programming I'll take that for what it's worth." Since returning to the crew he'd largely busy with repairs and minor upgrades to the Sovereign. Today his target was the ships "antiquated" protein synthesizer, which he begins to disconnect. Givens hands him tools as he works and soon the old food machine is replaced. "There. A proper food compiler with an extensive library of options. It does take a couple of minuets to process an order as it builds your meal on a molecular level. But to most pallets the result is indistinguishable from the real thing." he announces with a flourish. "Ship I would like a grass fed Cerrick steak, medium rare. Smothered in mushroom wine sauce, with a loaded baked potato. All settings Altess standard. Givens, fetch a bottle of red from my things."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities: Dispel "drone" PPE 9/15
  • List of Abilities
: Exalted Quickness with a raise.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 17/25
Bennies: Dorian 3/3 Mr. Givens 2/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss excepts the bowl from @Sera , "Thanks Sera. Even without this nourishment, you are looking extremely well today."

Taking his bowl, which is quite full, he carefully tips a portion of its contents into whatever open compartment is available on @Dorian Falstaff's metal box.

"No one here has your upbringing or lack of disregard for the circumenstances of their previous lives."

"Some of us are focused and focusing our energies on other matters than creature comforts."

Voss takes his remaining bowl of gruel and heads to his secluded section of the ship. Inside the secondary estate room it is dark.
Star Lit Room.jpg
As Voss walks in a blue translucent light forms at his index finger and then explodes into the center of the room.
Star Lit Room 2.jpg
Star Lit Room 2.jpg (6.97 KiB) Viewed 17538 times
On que from Voss the wall sconces ignite in the same translucent blue "flame".

Three of the four walls are covered in various colored circles and clouds. A variety of colored lines and dots connect the circles and clouds on each wall to each other. Some lines traverse between walls. On the wall with door, hangs a roster of names.

The roster has blacked out sections. Other sections have colored pins or flags alongside a name. A large majority of names remain unmarked.

Voss eats his gruel. Setting the bowl onto the stack on his desk, he begins reading aloud the names with flags and pins. Each name read appears on one of the walls. One name is traveling, its respective pin and flag, are moving along a line between two walls. "You are next."

Sitting at his desk, Voss opens up the ledger on his desk and begins making notes and filling out time and space details.
Last edited by Vrothuss on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

Vrothuss wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:39 am Voss excepts the bowl from @Sera , "Thanks Sera. Even without this nourishment, you are looking extremely well today."

Taking his bowl, which is quite full, he carefully tips a portion of its contents into whatever open compartment is available on @Dorian Falstaff's metal box.

"No one here has your upbringing or lack of disregard for the circumenstances of their previous lives."

"Some of us are focused and focusing our energies on other matters than creature comforts."
While the Altess usually weathers his crewmates jabs with the same unflappable calm with which he delivers them, the willful destruction of something he built makes him genuinely angry, "And because you were a slave before means you, And Others, can't possibly enjoy some small comforts now? What a sad position to take. Very well, I guess I'll keep the nice things to myself lest barbaric demon spawn break it in a fit of self loathing." He begins angrily packing the device back up and leaves to reassemble it in his cabin.

Looking as dejected as a metal robot can Givens follows his master leaving the mess hall with these words, "He really was trying to be considerate, in his own way."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky smirks slightly. The ship had been too quiet without Dorian and Voss on board. Now that they are here it feels like home.

Ducky chases after Dorian after neatly setting down her spoon and cleaned plate of gruel. ”Dorian, hey wait up.” It was pretty hard for her to get a visual read on Dorian’s mood, but his abrupt exit and anger in his voice was unmistakable. We have a good ship and no small part to Dorian’s contacts and finnancial wherewithall. The ship is solid and gets us where we need to go, but only if we work together.

Ducky catches Dorian possibly near the airlock and she pulls out her Atless Evicerator. ”Sorry, Dorian. I have been meaning to ask you if you might be able to take a look at my sword. It... Ah... Uh, doesn’t talk to me anymore.”
She shrugs struggling to explain it further. ” It used to pop into my mind with worthy words of encouragement. Honestly when I first felt the voice I thought it was the forge itself. But it became clear over time it was the sword itself...”. Ducky flips the blade so the handle was towards Dorian. She smiles and softly says, ” If you could take a look at it I would apriciate it.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Ducky wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:29 pm Ducky smirks slightly. The ship had been too quiet without Dorian and Voss on board. Now that they are here it feels like home.

Ducky chases after Dorian after neatly setting down her spoon and cleaned plate of gruel. ”Dorian, hey wait up.” It was pretty hard for her to get a visual read on Dorian’s mood, but his abrupt exit and anger in his voice was unmistakable. We have a good ship and no small part to Dorian’s contacts and finnancial wherewithall. The ship is solid and gets us where we need to go, but only if we work together.

Ducky catches Dorian possibly near the airlock and she pulls out her Atless Evicerator. ”Sorry, Dorian. I have been meaning to ask you if you might be able to take a look at my sword. It... Ah... Uh, doesn’t talk to me anymore.”
She shrugs struggling to explain it further. ” It used to pop into my mind with worthy words of encouragement. Honestly when I first felt the voice I thought it was the forge itself. But it became clear over time it was the sword itself...”. Ducky flips the blade so the handle was towards Dorian. She smiles and softly says, ” If you could take a look at it I would apriciate it.”
Stalking down the hall to his room he pauses at Duckys call and when she presents one of the fabled Evicerators his curiosity immediately dispels his ire. "An Evicerator is a rare and potent ally. And a Mark 2 variant. You were right to bring it to me. Not just because I'm a mechanical genius. This level of tech will have protections to prevent it's secrets from falling into non-Altess hands. One missed protocol and this becomes a pretty club. If it's other functions are still working fine then the problem is probably feed material for it's nano-compiler. I can do that now. Givens do you have records of this weapon? Laying the blade reverently across the work cart and he begins to carefully select tools and lay them out.

"Indeed I do Sirs. It was commissioned 1250 standard years ago for Princess Jianna Kervek, an Armoria commander in the third Splugorth war. Some say she did not get word of the Armistice, others that she disregarded it, but she took her battlegroup and liberated a remote holding of theirs several weeks after peace had been declared. When Armoria command finally did reach her she was reluctant to return the planet to the tentacled monstrosities as commanded. The majority of her troops agreed and they effectively mutinied and held the planet for the next 150 years alone but for the help of heroes and mercenaries. The fourth Splugorth war resulted in the Dynasty expanding it's stewardship into that area of space, due very much to the assistance of the "Independents". They rejoined the Dynasty as heroes. I do believe the princess would be proud your bear her blade Captain."

As Mr. Givens waxes about the storied blades origin Dorian is doing complex things with tiny tools eventually popping open a small compartment. Empty as the void Filling the opening with small cubes he scavenges from the ruins of the food compiler he pops it shut and resets the safeties. "There you go, nano feed should resume and I fixed the reservoir sensor. Really the only flaw in the model but since it takes hundreds of years of constant use to deplete the feed bin it rarely comes up. Give it a minuet and tell me if that worked."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

A while back ...

Dorian always gave Voss the impression that his shirt collar had way too much starch in it One time he had even cornered Givens to ask how much starch really was in Dorian's shirt collar, but Givens had responded that he did not starch Dorian's shirts, let alone his collars.

To loosen Dorian up a bit, Voss had set up a series of revolving rifts or temporary portals. These ports were very hard to detect and were placed at entryways and doors throughut the ship. Best part in Voss's mind was that they were all keyed to Dorian. Ducky, SERA, Givens, himself wereall immune to the ports. Because of the ports random natures, it would take Dorian a bit to figure out any sort of sequence.

For nearly thirty minutes Voss had been on his side, laughing so hard that he had split his britches and needed something for the side ache.

Voss counted his greatest success in the ports prank when the last port deposited Dorian outside the ship. Of course the ship had been docked at a starort and Dorian had only landed squarely on his butt at the end of the gangplank.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

With everyone else heading out. Sera also makes her leave from ships galley. She heads up the the bridge. She sits in the pilot seat then plugs herself in. This plug serving her two functions. The first, of course recharging herself. And the second, it gives her access to the computer systems.

Sera finds herself transported into another place. A virtual world where computer data is found. She wearing a form fit body suit black in color. With glowing pink lines going down her arms and legs. "I can take over for a while, Ship."

Ship was the Sovereign's AI. While originally it did not have a gender, Ship had taken on a female persona after Sera had directly interfaced with it. It didn't have a virtual form before Sera came here.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Working on Repairs
with @Dorian Falstaff

With the crew gone Que finds his boredom growing really strong. Helping Dorian with repairs was not all that fun, the guy was so slow and only had one topic he enjoyed chatting about, 'Dorian'. Thinking on it a bit Que figures something out! "So hey Dorian. I was thinking if we are here and the rest of the team is planet side that could be a good thing. I figure your payer must b on vacation or something, and that is why you are not with the group for the adventure. but you do not have to be worried about it. Because you know what? that also means you're not an NPC. This whole time I thought you were so boring and your useless talking about yourself meant you where an NPC. but turns out you are totally part of the group."

Pausing just long enough to fill his mouth with another ham and cheese sandwich Que looks at Dorian. The man apparently was ignore his whole line of reasoning. "Well, you should be pretty excited by that news, it means you actually matter!" The robot actually stopped in its wondering to look directly at Que for a full 6 seconds before returning to what it was doing. "Do you think Mr. Givens has a defect or something? that was a pretty weird look he gave me. I must have made a perception check because it seemed really weird?"
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Dorian Falstaff

Que wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:51 am
Working on Repairs
with Dorian Falstaff

With the crew gone Que finds his boredom growing really strong. Helping Dorian with repairs was not all that fun, the guy was so slow and only had one topic he enjoyed chatting about, 'Dorian'. Thinking on it a bit Que figures something out! "So hey Dorian. I was thinking if we are here and the rest of the team is planet side that could be a good thing. I figure your payer must b on vacation or something, and that is why you are not with the group for the adventure. but you do not have to be worried about it. Because you know what? that also means you're not an NPC. This whole time I thought you were so boring and your useless talking about yourself meant you where an NPC. but turns out you are totally part of the group."

Pausing just long enough to fill his mouth with another ham and cheese sandwich Que looks at Dorian. The man apparently was ignore his whole line of reasoning. "Well, you should be pretty excited by that news, it means you actually matter!" The robot actually stopped in its wondering to look directly at Que for a full 6 seconds before returning to what it was doing. "Do you think Mr. Givens has a defect or something? that was a pretty weird look he gave me. I must have made a perception check because it seemed really weird?"
It's less that Dorian was ignoring the lad and more that he was flabbergasted with confusion. Players, NPCs, what the bloody hells is he on about?? It's so bizarre that even Mr. Givens is stunned enough to be somewhat rude in is look.

"Apologies Mr. Que that was rude of me to stare so. It's just your statements were very stran.."

Dorian cuts off the robots apology. "Insane. His statements were insane Mr. Givens. No need to soft peddle it, the lad is an adult of his species." Then turning to address Que directly, "I am here on the ship because someone has to fix things around here if we're to get the job done before everyone but myself and the robots age to retirement. Is this idea that we're controlled like some kind of game piece a concept from your native plane?" The thought of This Que being from an alternate world seems to peek the inventors interest. "For that matter, do you even come from another world and are summoned here by "our" Que or does he somehow create you whole cloth and you just think you're an actual individual being?" With the look of distraction and thought on the Altess' face Que can't be sure if the questions are for him or if the man is talking to himself.

Dorian pauses in examining the ships damage reports to train scanners on Que. "Theoretically if you are from another reality your harmonics would differ in a way that would allow it to be discernable. Hold still a moment, this shouldn't hurt. Probably."

The robot butler looks at his erstwhile master with as scandalized a look as his mechanical face can manage. "Really he does not mean to be so.. peremptory with people. He just gets excited for new data." He says, trying to explain away Dorians rude and dismissive words.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Planet side...

Ducky chuckled tapping her com link. She laughed as her aqua cycle scooted through the waves. She tapped her helmet indicating folks should listen in to the comms. Thankfully she had long ago had the ship AI route any conversations involving que to her own helmet. With his penchant for humor and tenuous grasp on reality it was just prudent to keep an eye on him so to speak.

She radioed Sera and Vos knowing how much they enjoyed a good gag as any, ”Patch yourselves into channel 1A, encryption 9982... Que just told Dorian he was an actual player character, and Dorian... Haha, unloaded both verbal barrels.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

As @Dorian Falstaff begins to berate him Que smiles and nods. The guy is obviously missing the big picture. "Sure, you can be in denial if you want. But lets face it, if any of us have the ability to speak with authority of quantum states, it is me, not you."

As Dorian moves over to scan him Que laughs. "Sure you can scan me, I am Q56Q395453. One of the closest to the Que you know, Q56Q395442. We can tell each other apart, but not sure if you would be able to." Standing still for the scan is very difficult for Que, but he is willing to work with it.

Once the scan is done Que asks Dorian. "Okay, so how would you explain people like me, or the line walkers you see everyday? There are to many being with the ability to shape reality for any of this to make sense."

OOC Comments
You should be able to tell them apart. Normally it is a notice roll, but I imagine here it would be an electronics roll.

As @Ducky begins laughing Que races back to see what is going on. When she tells everyone to listen in he does. Disapointed to find she is laughing at him he looks at the faces of his team mates. Something flashes over his face, but it is too fast for anyone to really catch it before he races off again. Over the radio his voice can be heard. "I will let you know if their danger." The words sound clipped, with an abrasive kirtness not normally heard from the kid.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Dorian Falstaff

Que wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:22 pm As @Dorian Falstaff begins to berate him Que smiles and nods. The guy is obviously missing the big picture. "Sure, you can be in denial if you want. But lets face it, if any of us have the ability to speak with authority of quantum states, it is me, not you."

As Dorian moves over to scan him Que laughs. "Sure you can scan me, I am Q56Q395453. One of the closest to the Que you know, Q56Q395442. We can tell each other apart, but not sure if you would be able to." Standing still for the scan is very difficult for Que, but he is willing to work with it.

Once the scan is done Que asks Dorian. "Okay, so how would you explain people like me, or the line walkers you see everyday? There are to many being with the ability to shape reality for any of this to make sense."
After tinkering with a tool for a moment to properly tune it in he studies the readings. "It would be pure foolishness for me to deny you have much more experience with quantum phenomana but that does not equal understanding. A fish has more experience with water than I but has no more understanding of wave function and fluid dynamics than you do." Realizing belatedly what he just said he adds, "Obviously you are smarter than a fish and have a better understanding of the waters you swim than they do. But quantum effects are complex and often counterintuitive and even with proper instrumentation hard for even the most knowledgeable to understand."

The device beeps and at a glance the techno-wizard smiles. "You are indeed from an alternate reality, that however does nothing to prove the ridiculous notion that we are some sort of fiction. It's like those idiots that think we are all in a computer simulation. Rubbish. As to ley lines and multiple dimensions I can explain them mathematically, if you want it in pretty words ask Voss."

He turns back to the damage reports but continues to talk to Que. "Without giving details, are things significantly different here? And does time pass there when you are gone, or is there a temporal element to your removal and reinsertion?"
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que shakes his head. "I get it, with your limited perspective and inability to see it all there is no way I could expect you to understand.

"It would be like getting your relative fish to understand that there is an entire universe. But in this case I think you are the fish. Its okay, you have not studied Quantum Mechanics like I have and cannot even perceive the forces I can. So how could I expect you to understand how important it is that you turned out to be a PC. Oh, that means player character."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky nearly slammed into a aquatic rock she was laughing so hard, ” Oh... Oh... My side... No way Dorian is one of these player characters.” She was finding it more and more difficult to concentrate as her protege continued his insistance that the world they lived in was a role playing game. She was going full belly laugh, as the discussion devolved, for one simple reason... Que was more than right. She had once heard Splyncryth itself refer to the world as those who were players and those were inconsequential particles. While the intelligence had licked her mercilessly she had focused on the square sided dice like objects strewn in the room of destitute. As the left she would never forget Splyncryth’s decree that she was a player. It still gave her shivers to this day. It was just too cry inducing funny that Que was onto the Forge’s best kept secret... I really mis having eyes so I could cry.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Sometime After gaining the infinity sphere, but prior to the heist Job
Ducky found herself outside of Dorian’s workshop. Sometimes when she could not sleep she found herself wandering the halls of the ship. This evening the faint sounds, probably unheard by most, had drawn her curiosity. Her Atless forged blade had seen better days, and for the coming storm that was Killmonger she required a worthy blade. For some reason the work shop always reminded her of why she had left the remorseless. It was probably because, on the remorseless, that the Naruni asshat had cornered her in such a place where he bade her one last mission. Bring me the head of Dorian and your debts, the entire crew of the Remorseless will be wiped clean. Thunder Duck... You have done far worse.

Ducky shook her brushing away thr foul memory. It was true she had done far worse, but... Dorian for all his faults, and there were many (The warlocks on Galas Prime were still compiling a complete list to this very day), the Atlas was family. Ducky stood by the door wrestling with her thoughts on entering but perhaps fate might intercede...
Looking for RP
Anyone?
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

He handled the sphere with ease, the few Voss had come across or even seen, this was the first he had held.

It would be Voss's good fortune if this particular sphere was a power point battery. Traveling across the Three Galaxies would be so much easier with some extra juice.

As Voss approached Ducky, Voss casually flipped the sphere over the back of his hand and then down his wrist and then towards the end of his fingers before catching the sphere in his hand.

"Whatchya thinking on @Ducky?"
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky for her part at first only barely registered the gemini twin’s aproach. But his playful and reckless care of the infinity sphere drew her unsighted gaze. An infinity sphere was no play thing. Recovering one was the last thing I did for the omega order, funny how we should be given one.

Her lips pursed as she toyed with the Dorian’s Forge door control. She did not hit the open button or ring the chime.
She tried a smile, but it was only half hearted, “Voss... I am trying to find my bearings. Que’s fragmented grasp on reality, your sister is still missing, Mr. Given’s barely even recognizes any of our protocols, Dorian is more... More him than normal. Serena... Is she alright?” She pointed to the sphere, “And that... Last I saw one was the day before I left the omega order. Did you know Killmonger was the one who found me after I had... Lost my way?”

She grew quite. Clearly her mind was filled with many thoughts leaving her quite restless. Her voice was just a small whisper “And Dorian... And Dorian... Something more than a new sword drew me here this night. Like the forge calling...”

@Vrothuss @Dorian Falstaff
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Ducky wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:17 pm Her lips pursed as she toyed with the Dorian’s Forge door control. She did not hit the open button or ring the chime.
She tried a smile, but it was only half hearted, “Voss... I am trying to find my bearings. Que’s fragmented grasp on reality, your sister is still missing, Mr. Given’s barely even recognizes any of our protocols, Dorian is more... More him than normal. Serena... Is she alright?” She pointed to the sphere, “And that... Last I saw one was the day before I left the omega order. Did you know Killmonger was the one who found me after I had... Lost my way?”

She grew quite. Clearly her mind was filled with many thoughts leaving her quite restless. Her voice was just a small whisper “And Dorian... And Dorian... Something more than a new sword drew me here this night. Like the forge calling...”
"It is a dangerous thing to be lost, especially among the stars. However, reliving one's past can be just as dangerous."

Voss pockets the sphere and seems to detect an almost discernable ease in @Ducky.

"The Forge is notorious for appearing one way and then being something completly different later on."

"And what do you mean lost. Being Altaran, naturally you have no eyes. You mean more like a sense of purpose or understanding your calling and responsibility to the universe?"

Thinking for a moment on Ducky's words, Voss draws a breath, "About our passenger. He has overstayed his welcome. When can we space him?"

Spacing The Old Fashioned Way
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

The door to the workshop abruptly opens and from inside the shop Dorian speaks up. "Don't just stand out there looking all mentally adrift. Come in and tell me what the trouble is." He hoped the rational behind taking this job was the topic on her mind because it certainly was on his. The whole mind control thing had him beyond cross with their employer in the first place, but even had she gained their attention some other way the situation would give him pause. "Spacing the creature would probably do little more than strand him. I suggest dropping him down a nice deep gravity well. A black hole, or neutron star should suffice."

In the shop Mr. Givens stands immobile and attached to various computers and nano resupply systems. It would seem Dorian is amid maintenance for the butler/body guard. Also in evidence is some new project. Some kind of lantern looking object which looks to fit inside a sphere of mirrored plates. Arcane design in the circuitry reveals it to be a TW device of some sort.

When/If the two enter Dorian picks up a small device and triggers it. A whirlygig with a dozen small arms equipped with rotors and mirrors unfolds and flies up near the ceiling. Its central body begins emitting light which is reflected and refracted by the arm-mirrors and suddenly an illusion of the three of them "overlaps" the reality. feeding false information to anyone trying to spy on the conversation.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss taps @Ducky on the shoulder and nods the direction of the open door.

Entering in, he gets the sensation he has had before of the arcane mixed with science. The energy flows but through loops and circuits and across silicon plates and chips. Looking over to Mr. Givens, Voss can see the current flow of power caressing the very smallest parts of the robot butler.

"I am afraid I must acknowledge your rationale. Although I know of a few dimensional locations that would welcome another living lifeform."

"Honestly, this mission is going to get fouled up with him along. I would lokk for a place and time to dump him."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

The others were all off working together on something leaving Que alone with Killmonger. Que looks at him, trying to figure out if he is just a random NPC, or if he is important enough for the game master to have a full set of stats. "So. um your just like a really good killer or what? I mean what do you do for fun?"

The man was like a living menace, which made Que think he would be easy to take out. Unless the guy was important enough to get his own paper doll, there is no way he could threaten the Sovereign crew.

OOC Comments
@Stoic
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]

Return to “Adventure Forum”