Interlude Opportunity

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Interlude Opportunity

Post by Stoic »

While there is some bad blood between The Sovereign and their former crewmates on the Pursuit, their main antagonist is the crew of The Abyss. For a bonus benny, please describe how your character has encountered a member of The Abyss previously.

The Abyss - (Retrofitted Pirate Ship)
Darkstar (Captain) - A Silhouette who's beauty is only surprassed by her cruelty. She rules the ship with an iron fist and rumor has it that the entire ship is kept in pitch blackness at all times to suit her desire.

Iago (Second Lieutenant) - Iago is a Machine Person. He was once a well know poet, and made quite a bit of credits from his writings. He has since abandoned a pursuit of truth and beauty to explor the darker sides of consiousness, in order to get every experience life has to offer.

Zag (Security Officer) - Zag is a Kreeghor who was once a highly decorated military officer in the Transgalactic Empire. He brought shame to his family and has since found a new place for himself with the crew of the Abyss.

Persophone (Tactical Officer) - Persophone is a shapechanger that usually takes the form of a human female. Rumor has it that she was once a pleasurer with a revenge streak a mile long.

Garnax (Crew Member) - Garnax is a Space Coyle, a coyote version of a Space Wolfen. He is known for being a dirty fighter and a high stakes gambler that will cheat any way he can to win.

Zep (Pilot) - Zep is a cybernetically augmented human who loves nothing more than speed and pushing a vehicle to it's limits.

The Black Guard (Soldiers) - Darkstar is often seen in the company of a group of soldiers known as The Black Guard. They wear identical suits of armor and act as if in unison. Rumors abound that they are clones that have been genetically augmented to serve Darkstar until death. None have ever been captured alive as their armor is rigged to explode when their hearts stop.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Re: Interlude Opportunity

Post by Ducky »

He was tall, about as tall as me. Although he was much much meaner. His expanded shoulder paldron notes he was the captain of the black guard. Clad in an exoskeleton as dark as his demeanor his voice came at me mechanical and harsh, ” Get up scum. You think Lord wishes you to grovel?”

The two other recruits next to me one on each side twitched slightly. They were dressed like me. Fully encased in metallic armor. The color was unknown. The captain's metal fist socked me under the jaw. Pop, something broke. I grunted, pain was not new. A life as a slave under Atlantan rule was a harsh one. The black guard captain most likely would not exceed the Splugorth’s cruelty even if he was unconsciously trying.

The captain was furious about something and set my fellow recruit to my left on fire with a plasma ray gun. I said nothing, did nothing. The captain was clearly trying to provoke me. I would not give him satisfaction. I could almost hear the captain grin with glee as my fellow recruit screamed high pitched, a woman like me. She fell silent a burnt husk.

Finally I spoke blood swelling in my mouth from his vicious hit, " I do as the lord commands." The words were hollow. I hated being a slave, on Atlantis most of my sisters hated or at least did not understand me. But I was a slave for this Lord, part of his black guard. I would do my part... I would survive.

Kill this person... I let them go and told them to never come back. Steal this item. Stole it and then stole it back from whomever we sold it to and gave the item back to the right owner. Secure slave pens on the dimensional market. Freed the slaves. Get me coffee. No milk. All things I did in defiance to Darkstar.

After two years I was sent back to Atlantis... Defective the Lord said, not worthy of being a Black Guard. My plan worked, mercy... Honor, heroism were traits only a broken Altara would exhibit. It was during my time back on Atlantis sent back for reprogramming that I made my move. I heard the call of the forge, and turned into a cosmo knight.
Ducky Stat Block
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note:

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 benny for reroll kn battle
Que

Post by Que »

Relaxing on the couch watching the show while drinking a Coolio, Que smiled at the question. "The first time i met one of them?" taking another big drink he begins. "Well as you can tell I am a very attractive young man, and while I only have one full time arm, I still manage pretty good. But well the ladies do not always realize that. So I remember we were running down a few jobs. I do not even remember what for, i think they missed a court appointment or something for some faeries. Anyhow they ended up splitting up and Ducky has me stay and stand guard over the two we already captured. Easy as pie right?

"Nope, you see one of them was this absolutely beautiful bombshell said she liked me a lot and wanted to know how a kid with one arm could do thing so fast and all that. Well, as you know a teenager left alone with a lady like that and one thing led to another. By the time Ducky found me the two I was watching where already turned in by some other team and I was just laying there happy as can be with my memories of what was done to me. See the girl that came up to us was Persephone and she had some real special talents."
Looking around to ensure Ducky is still not within ear shot.

"To tell the truth I sometimes think if it happened again i would have trouble not letting 'her win' if you know what I mean."
Que (Rob T) Status & Conditions
Bennies 4 + 1 Platinum Benny
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

In the weeks since he was separated from his sister, Vrothuss had hunted through mercenary ships and slavers and freighters. His sister had been taken via a ship, away fromPhase World where he had been dumped. Dumped with the garbage and spent fuel canisters.

When Vrothuss had encountered the Abyss, she had been skimming a Ley Line and conserving fuel. The LLW on board had noticed him arriving but concentration demanded focus and so had been unable to act in any way.

Vrothuss left the LLW alone as he began searchingthe ship for clues and remnants of his sister. He may have traveled the galaxy but he knew very little about star ships. Concluding the search and disturbing nothing he came back to the LLW who had the choice to disengage from the exhaustive travel and pass out or sit and do nothing.

Vrothuss was frustrated and since the LLW was occupied and could say nothing he killed him in the hold and promptly took control of the now dead LLW's phasing and physically felt the Abyss disengage from Ley Line travel.

Good ridance. No one the wiser that I was there. Who knows, I may have made a great Temporal Raider but what would Loanea have done?
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss
6 Advances - Seasoned 3 - Gemini Demon Shifter
Parry: 2 || Toughness: 10 [1]
PPE: 30/30
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

Persophone
Persophone (Tactical Officer) - Persophone is a shapechanger that usually takes the form of a human female. Rumor has it that she was once a pleasurer with a revenge streak a mile long.
The world of pleasure is a very competitive place. Sera has made for the purpose to entertain and pleasure. Her original owners ran an establishment of notable fame. They also employed all species of entertainers. One of Sera's co-workers was a human female by the name of Persophone. At least she claimed to be human. She did must of her work in private rooms and earned big money doing so. No one knew what happened in those private sessions. Rumors were that the clients got special treatment of their dreams.
If another entertainer tried to hit up on Persophone's clients though, that's when things got bad. A few times the infringing entertainers ended up attacked by unknown assailants, usually a bruiser or thug. In actuality it was Persophone shape-changed, but that is a fact only Persophone knows. After a few times, Persophone noticed that with some of the girls injured, it actually brought more bussiness her way. So she started doing attacks on some of the girls without cause other then to make more money for herself. One time one of the girls ended up dead.
Unfortunetly, Persophone's attacks started hurting the bussiness. With injured girls, the club started getting a bad reputation. The living entertainers started leaving and the left the place with only the pleasure bots and Persophone. Persophone felt she was superior to the pleasure bots so did nothing to them.
But Sera was a cut above the other pleasure bots. She was highly skilled and very attractive. With the loss of the humanoid entertainers, Sera started bringing in more clients. This of course provoked Persophone, who wanted to be the top entertainer. Persophone attacked Sera in an altered form. This however did not prove to be as successful for Persophone as she thought it would be. Sera was programmed to handle herself in a fight if the need came about. So while Sera was not totally uninjured. Persophone didn't get away unscathed either.

With Sera needing repaired and Persophone taking a leave of absence for an unknown reason, business was down and the club had to make cuts. So they sold Sera off, even though they didn't want too. Eventually the club shut down due to losses.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 2 / 3
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny
    • Mission 1: Sabotage & Slipped Away
      • Spent 2 Benny to Reroll damage.

Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5

• Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.

Halo

Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature

Return to “Adventure Forum”