Mission 1: Taken (Mirage)

Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Mission 1: Taken (Mirage)

Post by Stoic »

Mirage

Even by the standards of excess for the pleasure planet, Mirage stands a cut above the rest. The two story marble building is wrapped in bioluminescent vines, glowly feintly orange. There is a 10 foot wide moat surrounding the building, with a burly armed guard protecting the only point of entrance, a 10 ft long wooden bridge. As you look into the water you see strange fish, roughly a foot long they changes colors as the light touches them, producing psychedelic patterns.

The armed guard appears to have every possible gene for muscle growth, his shoulders as wide as a car. He eyes the group as they approach, his hand nimbly plucking his side arm out of it's holster, which he keeps down at his side. He is about to say something when he puts his hand to his ear, and scowls.

"You may pass." he says simply, standing aside to allow the group passage.

It's pretty obvious that the bridge is more solid than wood as it takes the groups weight without effort. The bridge leads to a heavy metal door and once the group goes through it they find themselves in a small room, obviously being subjected to scans. A few moments later a "click" is heard and the next door slides to the side, revealing a dining room.

In the corner a keyboardist wearing a tuxedo plays haunting string music, the wait staff seems to be entirely composed of what under careful observation seems to be a Naruni Repo-Bot wearing a straw blonde Wig and a ball gown. Dorian's attention is immediately drawn to a tall lean handsome Altess, that Dorian knows as Altorio, a friend and enemy of his from way back. Altorio smirks, which quickly turns to disgust as he takes in the rest of the crew. He makes a "come hither" motion with his hand, and indicates the rest of the group should sit at his otherwise empty table, which seems to have a prominent place in the club.

He stands up and bows stiffly. "Dorian, old friend, Please, have a seat. What brings you here?"

The Repo Bot appears and in a feminine voice says "Can I take your orders please?"
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Que

Re: Mission 1: Taken (Mirage)

Post by Que »

Que sees the look the man delivers and turns to Ducky. "What a prick. Please tell me he is our target?"
OOC Comments
Que does not remember begging on this planet before. But thanks to his wypes that means nothing.
Que (Rob T) Status & Conditions
Bennies 4 + 1 Platinum Benny
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Dorian Falstaff

Post by Dorian Falstaff »

Previously on Paradise
”A knight knows only virtue...” The words spoken only a few feet from his sleeping head pierced the of veil slumber, waking the Altess TW. Dorian tries to tune out PDs exposition on the virtues of... whatever that book was that had so enthralled the former gun brother, to little effect. Between the wasp hunting to avoid being eaten then solving the methane buildup from PDs digestive issues it had been a long first day as bait. Right now all he wanted was rest and his shuttle mate was witnessing for his odd faith.

"I am not a knight, I am an engineer and a scientist. One who needs rest to do his job, so perhaps read in silence. <sigh> Please."
Stoic wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:18 pm Mirage

Dorian's attention is immediately drawn to a tall lean handsome Altess, that Dorian knows as Altorio, a friend and enemy of his from way back. Altorio smirks, which quickly turns to disgust as he takes in the rest of the crew. He makes a "come hither" motion with his hand, and indicates the rest of the group should sit at his otherwise empty table, which seems to have a prominent place in the club.

He stands up and bows stiffly. "Dorian, old friend, Please, have a seat. What brings you here?"

The Repo Bot appears and in a feminine voice says "Can I take your orders please?"
"Information is out target @Que , and the social currency that being seated at his table gives us here will be worth his odious presence."

"Altorio, what a surprise to see you. We are here for the cuisine of course. I've been craving food from home." To the repobot server, "A five course for 6, Altor Summer Festival spread. And to drink I'll have a nice dry red, say a Sommerville."

As the team settles in around the table he says "I've taken the liberty of ordering food for the table, please relax and enjoy the meal as a token of gratitude for earlier."
Last edited by Dorian Falstaff on Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
Pace: 6; Parry: 5 Toughness: 5/17(9) in armor
Combat-Relevant Edges & Abilities: Dispel "drone" PPE 9/15
  • List of Abilities
: Exalted Quickness with a raise.
Wounds: 0/3; Fatigue: 0/2; ISP/PPE: 17/25
Bennies: Dorian 3/3 Mr. Givens 2/3
Adventure Cards
  • #: Card - Effect
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky’s last time on paradise as a member of the larger Remorseless Crew
Ducky sat in her room setting siliently. Damn Ransom! Sending Power Dump and Dorian our like that as bait. Sure Dorian was a jerk and almost worthless... But just almost, he was still part of the crew. Power Dump was tough to get a bead on and what her sister saw in him she would never understand. He seemed so... Lacking in compassion. A heroic murder or was what she called him after the last job. No way I would want that walking conflict on my crew... She pounded her fist against her mattress in frustration for not being allowed to go with them. ” Two man job my ass.” Still... They are family.
Ducky Boss clutches her head as the signatures of all the bodies mingled in rapid fashion, the noise and being surrounded by Atless did not help. After a moment she was able to concentrate happy to be greeted by what had to be a high end robot. She was direct and too the point, perhaps letting her clueless nature show by being so forthwright. ” I’ll take something good. A bartender’s challenge if you will. We are also here to meet someone under clandestine pretenses. Can you help facilitate this arrangement?”
Ducky Stat Block
Skills of note: Fighting d12, Notice d6+2
Edges of Note:

Melee damage with her sword: 1d12+2d10+5 AP2 MD
Bennies
2/3
-1 benny for reroll kn battle
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Vrothuss takes a corner somewhere at the table where the lights are not as bright and the niose not as loud. He does his best to be unintrusive, so that he can sit back and observe.

When the food arrives, he takes small samples from things and sits there observing while he snacks lightly. Certainly not his place for conversation nor does he care to humor the Altess or even Dorian with any kind of conversation or banter.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss
6 Advances - Seasoned 3 - Gemini Demon Shifter
Parry: 2 || Toughness: 10 [1]
PPE: 30/30
Combat Edge: None
Bennies: 3/3

Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

Sera takes a seat that is close to the host. Right now this seems to be Dorian's gig though so she lets him take the lead. Looking at the Repo Bot, "I'll take a Binary Noir for myself."
Status Tracker
Seraphim
Wounds: 0 / 3 ; Fatigue: 0 / 2 ; PPE: 10 / 10
Bennies: 2 / 3
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny
    • Mission 1: Sabotage & Slipped Away
      • Spent 2 Benny to Reroll damage.

Pace: 6 ; Parry: 6 ; Toughness: 5

• Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • +2 to recover from being Shaken
    • Ignore one level of wound modifiers
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
    • Cannot heal naturally and must be Repaired. Ignore the "Golden Hour"
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.

Halo

Bennies: 3 / 3
Pace: 6 ; Parry: 5* ; Toughness: 5
*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • Doesn't Breath: This species doesn't breathe. Individuals aren't affected by inhaled toxins, can't drown, and don't suffocate in a vacuum.
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

Dorian sighs at Duckys rush to get to the information, "A bit of patience oh captain my captain, here business is a more leisurely thing done whilst enjoying a meal. Oh, that was quick. Here's our first course." He looks over the dishes in said course with no small avarice, apparently the food on the "yacht" he arrived on was as bad as he said. "Some of you may not have dined in this style before so I will explain. There are 4 more courses after this, each tailored to build off the flavors of the one before and to prepare the pallet for what comes next. So do try not to fill up right away"

Partway through the first course, as if by some unspoken signal, the two Altess begin making "light conversation", although most would call it verbal sparring.
Persuasion 9, Smarts 7
Modifiers; +2 Attractive
Persuasion [dice:24c1kkia]51259:0[/dice:24c1kkia] Bennie for EE [dice:24c1kkia]51259:4[/dice:24c1kkia]
Wild [dice:24c1kkia]51259:1[/dice:24c1kkia]

Smarts [dice:24c1kkia]51259:2[/dice:24c1kkia]
Wild [dice:24c1kkia]51259:3[/dice:24c1kkia]
Altorio opens the duel "I see you've found friends suitable to your family's stature, how nice for you." he jabs between bites of salad.

A wry sneer comes to Dorians mouth, "Yes quite the improvement over my former associates. Far less prone to theft." He nibbles on some poultry a moment, then nods to the repobot waitstaff, "Your work I take it. Glad they were able to find some use for them."

"Indeed, they were rather poorly designed initially. The company granted me quite the workshop to make them service, and combat, capable however." Sipping from a glass of wine Altorio looks over Mr. Givens. "Between design flaws and Armoria overrides I'm surprised you lug yours around anymore. How are you Mr. Givens, still riddled with programming errors?"

Somehow the robot butler has visibly stiffed over the course of the exchange and when he replies to the Altess' cut there is audible venom in his voice. "Lord Altorio, you are looking very... alive. How unfortunate. And no, the Lord Director purged your poor excuse for spyware from my circuits long ago."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Characters Imperator (GM account), Barinthasheer, Aggelos, Xiang, Dorian Falstaff, Fiona Gladbrooke, Kyrin Brand
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The Rebo-Bot Server returns again and places a cocktail glass in front of Ducky. It contains a smoking bubbling liquid the color of chartreuse. In front of Sera he places a slender long stemmed wine glass, the liquid two distinct colors which do not mix. It is off again as soon as it appeared, without making a sound.

Altorio sneers at Mr. Givens, and is about to make a cutting remark when a murmur rolls over the crowded restaurance. Altorio frowns for a micro second before turning on a beaming smile bright enough to light up the room. He stands, and the group notices her. Nemesis has just walked in.

"My lady, do come have a seat with us!" Altorio says

Nemesis smirks, the smile not touching her eyes as she saunters over to the group's table. She leans in and places a soft kiss on Altorio's cheek, exchanging pleasantries with the rest.

"What brings you all here?" she asks, grabbing one of Altorio's drinks and sipping at it. She looks deeply into Dorian's eyes, uncomfortably so, and her pleasant demeanor evaporates. 'Dorian, you twit. If your head weren't attached to your shoulders, I'd swear, you would lose that too." She stands up without another word and storms out. Those following her with their eyes see a massive form greet her as she leaves the restaurant. The two of them depart.

To his surprise, Dorian notices that Altorio is making an effort to compose himself. "Dorian... May I have a word in private?"

He stands and heads to a private room. He does not force anyone else to stay but accepts that anyone Dorian feels comfortable bringing along is going to come along. The Repo-Bot posts up outside the room, and Altorio activates a small slender anti noise device he pulls out of his pocket.

"You sent a package recently, back to the home world." He raises an eyebrow, assuming Dorian will catch his meaning. "It was sent here, via a small worm hole. We contracted a courier to bring it to a passing Star Class Destroyer and... well, he's gone and so is the package. We have no clue where he or it is." He grabs a nearby wine glass, pouring himself a drink. "It was one of those damned rock men. The one's who cant' even lie if they wanted to? One of the higher ups thought it would be a brilliant plan to trust him with the package and well... it wasn't. I won't insult you by providing information as to where he was last seen, surely you could find that out yourself. However you may use my good name to assist you in any further investigations you pursue on this planet. My name is worth its weight in dark matter. "
A small chime comes from his pocket. He pulls a small screen out and looks at it, which brings another smirk.

"Oh now THAT is interesting. It seems as if your former crew is here and about to fight one of Nemesis's shipmates in one of the battle domes. Strange coincidence if you ask me..."

Dorian's head throbs and then he realizes something. Nemesis was in his head when she was staring at him, and she knows that he no longer has the package.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky looks at her drink and sighs wishing she could see the concotion. Sadly it smelt no different that any of the other drinks that were bubling arround in the establishment of so many wastes of space. She looks up at the others wondering if they were having a good time. With a small scow trying to ignore the two Altarns as they prattle on she tries her best with the small talk, ” So everyone having a good time here?” Its like she didn’t even see the lady sit down speak and leave because it was probably an Atless and why bother right?

However she does reach over and take Altario’s hand gently and sweetly, ”Altario do you like your hand? If I hear you talk about my friend Mr. Given’s without the respect he is owed I will ensure you never see it again. And I have great hearing...” She smiles beneath her face plate sweetly pushing back her drink unimpressed and mutters something about a challenge indeed.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Between the headache and Altorio's sheer stupidity Dorian is momentarily dumbstruck. "You?... Why?.. Selling Dynasty tech is one thing Altorio but the remains of our own people?!?" The engineers hand drifts unconsciously towards his pistol but he stops himself. Altess do not murder Altess. "I have one question, then I will leave before the urge to kill you becomes insurmountable, was the rock man some sort of prince by any chance?"
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

While Dorian is away a server brings a steaming dish and places it in front of Ducky.

"Compliments of Lord Altorio."

It's a smooth paste, that has a rich smoky flavor. Every other bite however causes a spark in Ducky's mouth, like static electricity.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Altorio shakes his handsome head. "It was stolen, you fool. How dare you threaten me! And yes, by his own feeble minded people he is considered a prince, but really he is just a dumb pile of Rock's with too much pride and money."
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Dorian Falstaff

Stoic wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:01 pm Altorio shakes his handsome head. "It was stolen, you fool. How dare you threaten me! And yes, by his own feeble minded people he is considered a prince, but really he is just a dumb pile of Rock's with too much pride and money."
With Altorios confirmation the prince has the package Dorian turns to go without another word. If Altorio knew more of the rock mans whereabouts he'd already have people on it. So the crew had learned all they probably could here.

As he walks to the table his movements are quick and sharp, not at all like his usual languid pace. His face is flushed with rage and when he speaks his tone is cold and serious in a way his crewmates have rarely heard. "I've learned all we can here. We need to go. Now." While the team gets up he is mentally interacting with Codex; hailing a cab for the team and also looking into the battle between their friends from the Remorseless and Grudge.

"Looking up" from Codex he lays eyes on the plate in front of Ducky and it looks like a vein is literally about to burst he's so furious. I an completely uncharacteristic display of anger and vulgarity he turns back to the room he left. His hand begins to slip into his jacket toward his pistol. "Fucking cunt bastard I'll.." In his fury the Altess is completely oblivious to the repobots around him beginning to take up defensive posture however Mr. Givens is not. He intercepts the enraged Dorian, spinning him around towards the exit. "As you said m'Lord, we must go. Now." Dorian only struggles briefly then allows himself to be lead out by the robot.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

"Wow, his cage is really rattled Ducky.
Finally happy something is happening other than eating tons of food Que says. "So our time here is wasted? Cool, let's go stretch the fight, then the ship"
When the dramatic moment is right
As Dorian makes it clear the ship is where they are needed Que smiles. "Easy as pie, gather up." Then after a brief few moments they all disappear, reappearing in the lounge on the ship...
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss catches the ternness of @Dorian Falstaff gaze and looks back to Altorio. In a barely audible whisper that only the trained ear might here, "Should we space the waste of space?"

Voss leans back from the table and begins sifting through signals, ready for anyone to say, that Altorio has outlived his usefulness.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Dorian Falstaff wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:16 pm
Stoic wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:01 pm Altorio shakes his handsome head. "It was stolen, you fool. How dare you threaten me! And yes, by his own feeble minded people he is considered a prince, but really he is just a dumb pile of Rock's with too much pride and money."
With Altorios confirmation the prince has the package Dorian turns to go without another word. If Altorio knew more of the rock mans whereabouts he'd already have people on it. So the crew had learned all they probably could here.

As he walks to the table his movements are quick and sharp, not at all like his usual languid pace. His face is flushed with rage and when he speaks his tone is cold and serious in a way his crewmates have rarely heard. "I've learned all we can here. We need to go. Now." While the team gets up he is mentally interacting with Codex; hailing a cab for the team and also looking into the battle between their friends from the Remorseless and Grudge.

"Looking up" from Codex he lays eyes on the plate in front of Ducky and it looks like a vein is literally about to burst he's so furious. I an completely uncharacteristic display of anger and vulgarity he turns back to the room he left. His hand begins to slip into his jacket toward his pistol. "Fucking cunt bastard I'll.." In his fury the Altess is completely oblivious to the repobots around him beginning to take up defensive posture however Mr. Givens is not. He intercepts the enraged Dorian, spinning him around towards the exit. "As you said m'Lord, we must go. Now." Dorian only struggles briefly then allows himself to be lead out by the robot.
Leaving the plate untouched Ducky bounds over the tables and reaches for Dorian. The concern in her cheeks in evident as is her frustration on her soft pouty lips. ” Dorian. I might be blind, but I am not stupid. You are part of this crew, you are part of my family. Where we go one we go all. Whatever burden has been laid on your shoulders or confrontation set before you I know you to be strong enough to face it alone. But...” There is no turning back... ”We...” She sweeps her arm to the team, ” We are family, and you can count on us to be there for you.” While one hand was there for comfort, the other was ready to draw her Atless made blade incase Altario came for any of her family.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Ducky wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:48 pm Leaving the plate untouched Ducky bounds over the tables and reaches for Dorian. The concern in her cheeks in evident as is her frustration on her soft pouty lips. ” Dorian. I might be blind, but I am not stupid. You are part of this crew, you are part of my family. Where we go one we go all. Whatever burden has been laid on your shoulders or confrontation set before you I know you to be strong enough to face it alone. But...” There is no turning back... ”We...” She sweeps her arm to the team, ” We are family, and you can count on us to be there for you.” While one hand was there for comfort, the other was ready to draw her Atless made blade incase Altario came for any of her family.
While Mr. Givens had succeeded in keeping Dorian from starting a firefight he was still ridged with fury as he was being led out. This noticeably lessens when Ducky reaches out to him. As she speaks he looks to where her eyes would be and begins to calm somewhat. "Thank you, I... value you... you all very much as well." He briefly touches her hand on his shoulder then straightens his jacket and clears his throat. "Yes, well. Things just got spectacularly more complex."

As the teams steps outside the Mirage Mr. Givens activates a white noise generator. "Privacy mode is activated Sirs."

"Where to start... the missing package I suppose. Remember that box of Altess brain slides we found and I thought I sent home. It somehow ended up here with Altorio. He gave it to a courier, one Mekekurian prince who was kicking around, to deliver it to a passing destroyer. He disappeared. Nemesis and crew are here to get the package. I'm guessing Altorio has people on it too. And Forge knows who else. Well, possibly vampires as a vapire intelligence, one Eater of Round Things, had inexplicably taken an interest in me on my trip to rejoin the crew." The act of exposition seems to have returned the engineer to his normal composure. "Oh and the Remorseless is here they're and about to publicly battle Grudge in an arena. So while Nemesis and her merry band of blackgaurds watch their pal get demolished we can give her the slip."

Dorian looks at Voss with appreciation. "As for your offer, it's difficult for me to council death for a fellow Altess over stupidity and insults, no matter how grave.' his eye flicker towards Ducky involuntarily. "The destruction of all his works and reputation however is quite acceptable."
Last edited by Dorian Falstaff on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss says nothing more but waits and follows. At the mention of the Grudge, a name on his mental checklist pings white but he blacks it out. One more lead lost.

His head down, Voss boards the taxi and says little elese as they return to their ship. Voss makes a mental note to follow up on this Altorio "friend" of Dorian's. Something may yet be spaced.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

As Dorian makes it clear the ship is where they are needed Que smiles. "Easy as pie, gather up." Then after a brief few moments they all disappear, reappearing in the lounge on the ship...
OOC Comments
Moved from above, looks like Voss missed it
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Sera

Post by Sera »

Sera's head starts spining a bit as events just move way to fast and before she knows it She's back on the ship. "Is being on the ship really helpful?"

"If Nemesis is here to get the package, then I guess they don't have it. So who high jacked the prince? Maybe we need to find out if Darkstar has been in the area?"
notice [dice:ssqlok9i]51350:0[/dice:ssqlok9i]
wild [dice:ssqlok9i]51350:1[/dice:ssqlok9i]
Last edited by Sera on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Quick: When dealt a 5 or lower, may discard and redraw until gets a card higher then 5.
  • Strong Willed: +2 to Spirit and Smarts rolls when resisting Test of Wills attacks.
  • Steady Hands: ignore Unstable platform penalty when firing while riding in a moving vehicle. actions while running penalty is -1 instead of -2.
  • Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Sera suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.

Halo

*: Halo is a small robot, size -2. attackers subtract 2 from any attack rolls directed at him.
  • Ace: May Spend Bennies to make Soak Rolls for vehicles or vessels they control. This is a Boating, Driving, or Piloting roll at -2 (cancelling their usual +2). Each success and raise negates a wound and any critical hit that would have resulted from it.
  • Combat Ace: Integrating vehicle operation with weapon control in one fluid moment of expertise, the pilot with this Edge ignores the multi-action penalty for making a Boating, Driving, or Piloting check and firing a weapon on the same round.
  • Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
  • Environmental Weakness (Electricity): Halo suffers +4 additional damage from electrical attacks, and have a -4 penalty to resist other electrical effects.
Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

Notice 4
rolls down in last post. here
Notice 3
Wild 4
Sera looks about the ship and starts to realize something is wrong. "Um guys, the ship is under attack."
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que looks around noticing nothing really and then looks back to Sera. "What do you mean under attack? Everything looks fine to me." Maybe she crit failed a notice roll or something. Or worse maybe the rest of us crit failed out notice rolls?

OOC Comments
Did not see GM ask for it, so deliberately failing notice on this.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Vrothuss is not as familiar with all the technical jargon and such. @Dorian Falstaff "Dorian, you or Givens maybe the only ones who can substantiate @Sera's claim."

Voss stands there a bit lost, not sure what to do exactly but decides to try a little magical/mystical investigation into the matter.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

To Ducky being blind has its advantages. For one she can’t see Dorian’s often smug face. Another advantage is that she cannot see if anything is different. She bends down touching the metallic grating of the floor beneath them. Talk to me girl... Tell me if anything is wrong.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Que looks around at the other crew members. "I don't get it. Did one of you get a clue and not share it with us? Where are we going next, what is the clue for where out target is?"

Plopping down on the seat Que is curious what everyone is so excited about, when suddenly Que can be heard from the galley. "Hey, who ate all the cookies, man we just stocked up."

GM Requested Notice = 7 Success
Notice [dice:3m5jfuuf]51885:0[/dice:3m5jfuuf]
Wild [dice:3m5jfuuf]51885:1[/dice:3m5jfuuf]
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Dorian Falstaff

Dorian Notice 5
Notice [dice:3bbiyaed]51935:0[/dice:3bbiyaed]
Wild [dice:3bbiyaed]51935:1[/dice:3bbiyaed]
Mr. Givens Notice 13 +2 for visual or audio notice
Notice [dice:3bbiyaed]51935:2[/dice:3bbiyaed] Ace [dice:3bbiyaed]51935:4[/dice:3bbiyaed]
Wild [dice:3bbiyaed]51935:3[/dice:3bbiyaed]
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

The last trip must have push Que past his limits. Ducky feels sad for Que unable to keep it together as his self fragmented over what must be a billion realities and time periods. Still though she turned her Altara hightened sense to the ship itself putting Que’s mental health on the back burner.
Notice 10
Notice: [dice:1r7i8jaq]51938:0[/dice:1r7i8jaq] ace [dice:1r7i8jaq]51938:2[/dice:1r7i8jaq]wild [dice:1r7i8jaq]51938:1[/dice:1r7i8jaq]
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

The crew immediately notices that something is amiss. While they were away, someone tidied the place up. It's spotless, as if a professional cleaning bot had given the interior of the ship a good scrubbing and vacuuming. As Que noted, a few of Ducky's cookies appear to be missing. A quick survey of the area shows that aside from the cookies, nothing else seems to be out of place.
OOC Comments
What are you doing now?
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Que

Post by Que »

Looking around the galley Que cannot help but comment. "Hey, when did ya'll clean this place up? Normally it is so messy from everyone's stuff and Dorian's toys laying everywhere."

Walking out with what is left of the cereal poured into a giant salad bowl the one armed man begins eating as the bowl somehow defies the artificial gravity of the ship by floating free in front of him. "Yeah, I think it is cool. Could definitely get used to this. Who cleaned up my room, man Ducky you must of missed me while I was gone to go through all that work.

"So no one said, what is out big clue, where to next?"
Did the GM give one of them a secret clue or something? Que felt really clueless, and at this point he was getting frustrated enough his player must have been left out also.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky Boss shook her head slightly. The after aroma of pledge 23422 TGE series was one she knew well from her days of wet work under Darkstar. She chuckled, ” Ok, who sprung for the detailing package? Voss? Que?” Dorian would never do this... To far beneath him to do something nice. The dark horse is probably Serra.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Ducky wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:01 pm Ducky Boss shook her head slightly. The after aroma of pledge 23422 TGE series was one she knew well from her days of wet work under Darkstar. She chuckled, ” Ok, who sprung for the detailing package? Voss? Que?” Dorian would never do this... To far beneath him to do something nice. The dark horse is probably Serra.
Looking at Ducky a little surprised Que makes the only reasonable assumption. "It was not like this when you left? Oh shit! I must have crossed dimensions when I teleported us up here." What if he rolled a 1 and critical failed. this could be bad.

"Oh, man I hope this is close enough not to matter, because it still feels like Q56Q395442. It is like every time something goes wrong with continuity I think it might have been one of us"
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Ducky wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:01 pm Ducky Boss shook her head slightly. The after aroma of pledge 23422 TGE series was one she knew well from her days of wet work under Darkstar. She chuckled, ” Ok, who sprung for the detailing package? Voss? Que?” Dorian would never do this... To far beneath him to do something nice. The dark horse is probably Serra.
Notice _
[*] Notice [dice:2vnj8siz]51957:0[/dice:2vnj8siz]
[*] Wild [dice:2vnj8siz]51957:1[/dice:2vnj8siz]
Voss motions a few times in the air and opens a pocket door, opening it he shows all the crap and junk that were lying around. "Still have not figured out which stuff to get rid of. But if I don't space Dorian this is the next thing to go. "
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

Que wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:05 pm Looking at Ducky a little surprised Que makes the only reasonable assumption. "It was not like this when you left? Oh shit! I must have crossed dimensions when I teleported us up here.

"Oh, man I hope this is close enough not to matter, because it still feels like Q56Q395442. It is like every time something goes wrong with continuity I think it might have been one of us"
[/b]

Dorian has been watching slip replays of the Remorseless crew battling the Pursuits bruiser, he looks up perplexed. " Oh wow, it really is quite tidy in here, and none of you did it? While I doubt that is the case Que, I can test for it given time to arrange sensors. First tho perhaps we should try less fantastical possibilities. And our next step Que, is to investigate the last know position of the missing prince." And the missing remains While he kind of hoped Que's insane theory was right it was more likely the ship had been infiltrated, probably by Nemesis as she would not have revealed herself to them had she another option. Hopefully she now believed the package was returned to the Dynasty and was ignorant of the missing prince and his connection to what she sought. "Ducky I suggest Sera prep the ship for departure and we take a circuitous route to the distress coordinates. Meanwhile the rest of us should look around carefully."

"Sir perhaps you should first allow me to lead you to the hold, to gear up in case there is trouble."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky was one hairs breathe from loosing her shit. Reflexivly her Atless made blade came into her hand and her armor transformed her into a blazing inferno of light. While she was screaming at the lunacy of being transported to a different dimenion her voice was errily cool as if she had not had a good nights sleep in oh about two years and this was the last fucking straw. ”No. Dorian... No. What are going to do is figure out what dimension we are in and get back to our dusty cookie filled bucket of bolts. No more gags, no more side trips. Que take us to the right dimension or so help me I start spacing you guys in alphabetical order.”

She breathed letting out a some fury, but not enough. The thought of leaving behind those she knew, those she had helpped and being stuck in some dimention where she did not belong was to untenable, ” Then... Dorian you cut your Atless I can’t be bothered with telling you anything routine and clue use in with the mother of all clue by fours. Otherwise the airlock is right behind you.”

And she passes out sword clatters to the ground and her lithe form returns. As if dreaming she mumbles, ”Who cleans the ship and leaves crumbs...”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Que

Post by Que »

Staring at Ducky Que stops eating for afull 30 seconds before she passes out. "What was that about? I mean we warp all the time. Things will be okay Boss." He mumbles the words as two other Ques help him get her back to get room and tucked in safely.

Having back out Que gets to work on figuring out what dimension he took them to. After about half an hour he speaks up. "Okay guys. Well I am 100% certain this is the right dimension. So I guess that means...

"Someone broke into our shop to clean it..."
He starts laughing. "Holy crap, I mean who does that. Why, would they. This is the gut of burgler we need more of. I tried to look back and see who, but they had some kind of Time Maelstrom going,
so that won't work. But who cares, it is free house cleaning."

OOC Comments
Quantum Manipulation [dice:7o6ncq7s]51967:0[/dice:7o6ncq7s]
Wild [dice:7o6ncq7s]51967:1[/dice:7o6ncq7s]

• +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Dorian Falstaff

Ducky wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:56 pm Ducky was one hairs breathe from loosing her shit. Reflexivly her Atless made blade came into her hand and her armor transformed her into a blazing inferno of light. While she was screaming at the lunacy of being transported to a different dimenion her voice was errily cool as if she had not had a good nights sleep in oh about two years and this was the last fucking straw. ”No. Dorian... No. What are going to do is figure out what dimension we are in and get back to our dusty cookie filled bucket of bolts. No more gags, no more side trips. Que take us to the right dimension or so help me I start spacing you guys in alphabetical order.”

She breathed letting out a some fury, but not enough. The thought of leaving behind those she knew, those she had helpped and being stuck in some dimention where she did not belong was to untenable, ” Then... Dorian you cut your Atless I can’t be bothered with telling you anything routine and clue use in with the mother of all clue by fours. Otherwise the airlock is right behind you.”

And she passes out sword clatters to the ground and her lithe form returns. As if dreaming she mumbles, ”Who cleans the ship and leaves crumbs...”
Ancestors have mercy on me, do I need to explain everything twice Is all he can think during the Captains tantrum but before he can counter the rant she collapses. He is quick to reach her side and begins to take her vitals. "Bloody hell. Givens slot your medic program and follow the Ques and be sure she is ok."

"Of course sir." The robot answers and he follows as Que's dupes carry off the fallen Altara.

"By the forge do none of you listen? It's no brilliant deduction to see it was Nemesis. As I explained not 5 minuets ago they want the case of Altess brain slides we stole in Center weeks ago. But if it will soothe you all I'll dig around thru the computer to see what I can find. Regardless of who did it we have a job and now there's competition to find the man. The case somehow ended up here and the prince was in possession of it when he left this planet. So can we please get after him before someone else beats us to him?"

Mentally reaching out through Codex he begins to access the Sovereigns computer systems.
Computer 5
Modifiers: -8 scene, +2 TW (which I forgot),
Computers [dice:93jvzmz3]51968:0[/dice:93jvzmz3]
Wild [dice:93jvzmz3]51968:1[/dice:93jvzmz3]
Reroll
Computer [dice:93jvzmz3]51968:2[/dice:93jvzmz3] +2 from TW
Wild [dice:93jvzmz3]51968:3[/dice:93jvzmz3]
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

"Well, I didn't clean it. I left the ship with Ducky and I have not been back since." She looks at the other members of the crew, "So if you guys didn't do it?" She looks around the room for a few moments before she calls out, "Ship? Status report?" @Stoic Sera calls out for the Ship's AI.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que looks at Dorian and begins a slow smile in his head. "Oh, where you talking again? Sorry, yeah I am sure you are right. But talk about annoying, it is like she is mocking our inability to do anything about it." He knew the Technowizard's player liked to go on and on, but he was certain his player went to get drinks at moments like that. And the idea of Que not valuing his shared reason would goad him.

However either way he was still annoyed by the whole of the situation.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

In response to Sera's query, the A.I. speaks up and begins an exhaustive checklist of various systems and sub systems. Ten minutes later when it is finally finished, it gives itself a clean bill of health, stating that it's fully 100% operational.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky Boss sits up strait as Mr. Givens backbone. She has no eyes so who knows how long she had been conscious. Devils arm pit of she knew herself. All she knew this room was not hers. Too clean... Too clean... It does not even make sense. Too clean... Too clean.

She rolls off her firm sleeping pad onto the ground touching the deck plates with her fingers. She had always been able to feel the ships history, feelings if you will by the amount of dirt and grime that had been collected. Not that ship was dirty or anything. She mutters lost in space, ” Where is the character. Where is our ship?”

This ship for all Ducky knew could have been any ship. What made it special and theirs was gone. She grabbed her shield and sword and headed to the airlock yelling, ” I am going home! Let me out of hear!”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Que wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:17 am Que looks at Dorian and begins a slow smile in his head. "Oh, where you talking again? Sorry, yeah I am sure you are right. But talk about annoying, it is like she is mocking our inability to do anything about it." He knew the Technowizard was full enough of himself that the idea of Que not valuing his shared reason would goad him.

However either way he was still annoyed by the whole of the situation.
Dorian lets the jab pass unanswered as he's hip deep in the AI, diagnostic programs built into aggressive worms begin to work their way into surveillance systems and the AI itself. "Yes, it is quite irritating, if she was here. I've found no evidence of her but Dorothy (what Dorian calls Death Otter) has been in our systems today." He says with a frown. Redoubling his efforts on locating Death Otters trojan program. Then Ducky wakes up...
Ducky wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:20 pm Ducky Boss sits up strait as Mr. Givens backbone. She has no eyes so who knows how long she had been conscious. Devils arm pit of she knew herself. All she knew this room was not hers. Too clean... Too clean... It does not even make sense. Too clean... Too clean.

She rolls off her firm sleeping pad onto the ground touching the deck plates with her fingers. She had always been able to feel the ships history, feelings if you will by the amount of dirt and grime that had been collected. Not that ship was dirty or anything. She mutters lost in space, ” Where is the character. Where is our ship?”

This ship for all Ducky knew could have been any ship. What made it special and theirs was gone. She grabbed her shield and sword and headed to the airlock yelling, ” I am going home! Let me out of hear!”
Givens gives chase to the distraught Altara "Captain Boss, please wait! This is our ship, Mr. Que has assured us so." When the she does not reply and begins walk towards the airlock while demanding to be let out Givens assumes she is about to space herself. His imperative to protect his crewmates overrides his manner protocols and he reaches interposes himself between Ducky and the airlock. "I am sorry Captain but you may not space yourself."
Last edited by Dorian Falstaff on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss comes from his room, which is emaculate and orderly as always. Hearing that someone else has been aboard the ship he goes back to his room and palms the display of the three galaxies and the cooresponding trackers and references, to see if anyone or anything is amiss.
Notice 9 _
[*] Notice [dice:1b6dddb1]52050:0[/dice:1b6dddb1]
[*] Wild [dice:1b6dddb1]52050:1[/dice:1b6dddb1]
The rest of the ship is of little cncern to him, but his star maps. Something is amiss and now it is personal.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss finds what he is looking for and what he hoped he would not fhere are crumbs on his desk. Crumbs to something he is unfamiliar with.

Pulling a few sheets of loose leaf paper from his desk, he separates the crumbs into two piles onto two sheets of paper making sure not to touch any of them but getting his desk clean none the less. He folds both papers with crumbs. One packet of crumbs he puts in his desk the other, he heads into the ship looking for answers.

Whoever he comes across first, opening the packet of crumbs, "What are these crumbs to? Someone has been here on the ship for sure."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky nearly slapped Mr. Givens for his histerics. Fortunately for him and her he was just the sweet smelling robot she needed. She did not really have time to explain but it wall all begining to make sense. Atless brain slices, spit spot ship, Dorian acting more dickish than usually, Que going to the looney bin, Sera suddenly turning into a highly spphisticed AI, some proto matter deity asking her why she left the remorseless, a missing prince, and Mr. Given’s sudden sweet smell like those things they call snapdragon fauna. Nemisis...

Near the airlock she hit the comms instead of the eject, ” Attention crew. This is Ducky Boss... Prepare to repell invaders... I repeat this is a breachhold senario...” They each know there part, and they are well trained. Whatever comes next is in the forges hand.

Immediatly she secured her sheild holding her sword in one hand and produced a communicator so dark that goodness could never speak into it. ”Given’s prepare shuttelpod one for active homming along with the radiogenic war head package. Have it lock onto the signal we are about to receive. No one cleans this ship and gets away with it.”

Ducky runs past Voss slapping his ass a bit like a good football coach might be prone to do, ” Bridge Voss, I’ll need you to trasmit a signal on every frequency, wormhold, Dblip you can manage.”

Not sure which Que is the real one she just picks the nearest Que on the bridge, ” Lock this ship down Que no teleporters, no t raiders, none of it. IF they want to steal our cookies they’ll need to do it the hard way.”

Good Seria and Dorian... Just whom I need... Two the two of them she nods her full lips look a bit more terse than normal, ” Serria I need a pilot for the shuttle. Dorian I need you to rig an interdimential transporter to get Serria back in time. We are going to be delivering a package shortly. Mr. Given’s has the full details.”

You better be right about Nemisis Dorian.. Ducky nods to Voss hoping he was ready to send her words everywhere. She flips on the open comms broadcasting out into Space, ” Nemisis... I have what you want.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Ducky wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:33 pm Ducky nearly slapped Mr. Givens for his histerics. Fortunately for him and her he was just the sweet smelling robot she needed. She did not really have time to explain but it wall all begining to make sense. Atless brain slices, spit spot ship, Dorian acting more dickish than usually, Que going to the looney bin, Sera suddenly turning into a highly spphisticed AI, some proto matter deity asking her why she left the remorseless, a missing prince, and Mr. Given’s sudden sweet smell like those things they call snapdragon fauna. Nemisis...

Near the airlock she hit the comms instead of the eject, ” Attention crew. This is Ducky Boss... Prepare to repell invaders... I repeat this is a breachhold senario...” They each know there part, and they are well trained. Whatever comes next is in the forges hand.

Immediatly she secured her sheild holding her sword in one hand and produced a communicator so dark that goodness could never speak into it. ”Given’s prepare shuttelpod one for active homming along with the radiogenic war head package. Have it lock onto the signal we are about to receive. No one cleans this ship and gets away with it.”

Ducky runs past Voss slapping his ass a bit like a good football coach might be prone to do, ” Bridge Voss, I’ll need you to trasmit a signal on every frequency, wormhold, Dblip you can manage.”

Not sure which Que is the real one she just picks the nearest Que on the bridge, ” Lock this ship down Que no teleporters, no t raiders, none of it. IF they want to steal our cookies they’ll need to do it the hard way.”

Good Seria and Dorian... Just whom I need... Two the two of them she nods her full lips look a bit more terse than normal, ” Serria I need a pilot for the shuttle. Dorian I need you to rig an interdimential transporter to get Serria back in time. We are going to be delivering a package shortly. Mr. Given’s has the full details.”

You better be right about Nemisis Dorian.. Ducky nods to Voss hoping he was ready to send her words everywhere. She flips on the open comms broadcasting out into Space, ” Nemisis... I have what you want.”
While baffled Mr. Givens heads to the armory for a torpedo to load into the shuttle. "At once Captain."

On the bridge Dorian is perplexed at first, thinking Ducky was still not herself but then he caught her intent. "I can much more easily install a minor AI to pilot it. Quicker, more reliable, and it would keep Sera safe from harm." Being Dorian, he doesn't wait for permission. assembling the AI from bits in his programing toolbox and transmitting it to Mr. Givens to be downloaded into the shuttle. "But before we do this I feel I should point out that while I did find intrusive code in our systems it was placed there by Death Otter, not Nemesis. The Remorseless is here too and it seems they are also Very interested in our affairs."
Last edited by Dorian Falstaff on Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss manages to catch himself from falling forward after the ass slap from Ducky. Damn that smarts.

He quickly folds the "sweet" evidence and follows after Ducky to the bridge.
Ducky wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:33 pmDucky nods to Voss hoping he was ready to send her words everywhere. She flips on the open comms broadcasting out into Space,
Voss is about to object when Ducky begins with her message,
Ducky wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:33 pm” Nemisis... I have what you want.”
At the mention of Nemisis, Voss goes ridged but continues to transmit on all channels.

What does that dick witch have to do with our current situation. Voss stops himself, uncertain if he voiced that along with the transmission. Continuing the transmission, Voss touches the packet of crumbs. Does she have the package? I can at least get a tag on her.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky was playing it fast and loose on this one. All she knew something with brains was in the wind and folks wanted to get it. The only folks who hated Nemisis more than her were the remoreseless. All she needed was to get everyone in one place to hash out who knew what so they could find the prince brain scans be damned. Plus if she gathered the folks who were looking for this thing, odd are were if the actucal person was in the vacinity they would boogie like it came back in style. Then we lauch the shuttle, blow Nemisis sky high and jet after whom ever is escaping orbit.

Ducky glances at Voss to make sure what had to be good looking demon was doing his broadcasting things, ”Just make sure it goes wide Voss, everywhere...” Dorian had a good point. If an AI could do the job so much the better. ”Thanks Dorian, Sera monitor any ships breaking orbit, track their hyperspace jump point and plot an intercept. We got one chance to either meet with everyone who knows something, or flush out a fourth party use our shuttle as a distraction and go after the real culprit.” She drew a deep breath wishing Givens were up here with his candied cigars. She needed a smoke right now while she waited.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Ducky wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:00 pm Ducky glances at Voss to make sure what had to be good looking demon was doing his broadcasting things,
Voss sees Ducky "looking" at him and throws an additional transmits across several other signals. "Look Ducky, we are reaching into the Meta-Physical/Astral Plane with these comm drops and pings. We may even reach Luke and not the one needing to use the Force."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

"As for Dorothy's tampering, she placed a spy program in our nav system so they can follow us. We have two options, I can disable it easily or I can try to "trick" the trojan and feed it false information. The later has some risk as her program is quite decent and may pierce the ruse."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Dorian Falstaff wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:23 pm "As for Dorothy's tampering, she placed a spy program in our nav system so they can follow us. We have two options, I can disable it easily or I can try to "trick" the trojan and feed it false information. The later has some risk as her program is quite decent and may pierce the ruse."
Having never seen a computer and a complete innability to read or code Ducky has almost zero idea of what Dorian was blathering about. But she did understand the word risk and she was done playing it safe. No sleep did that to you. Seeing your crew dead floating through space gave one the heebeejibbes and made one act irrational or impulsive. Its hard to sleep when all you see are the dead grinning back( and she couldn’t even see).

”Put your balls on the wall Dorian, take the risk.” Either way we come face to face with someone that has a peice of the puzzle.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Snorting at the implication he was concerned and not just being polite Dorian begins to weave a curtain of code around the spyware. The code will interrupt the feed of actual data and instead send false coordinates leading the Remorseless in the opposite direction.
Hacking the trojan 12
Modifiers; scene -2, TW +2, HJ bonus vs electronic security +2= +2
Computer [dice:1tw2ze29]52064:0[/dice:1tw2ze29]
Wild [dice:1tw2ze29]52064:1[/dice:1tw2ze29]
The countermeasure laid successfully Dorian can't help but add a bit of insult to injury, after a days worth of random jumps the final "coordinates" will be a coded message of just two words. "Goodbye Dorothy"

Chuckling to himself as he finishes up he glances around the bridge to see if anything new has developed. "They should be chasing phantom signals for a while."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

Ducky wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:00 pm Ducky was playing it fast and loose on this one. All she knew something with brains was in the wind and folks wanted to get it. The only folks who hated Nemisis more than her were the remoreseless. All she needed was to get everyone in one place to hash out who knew what so they could find the prince brain scans be damned. Plus if she gathered the folks who were looking for this thing, odd are were if the actucal person was in the vacinity they would boogie like it came back in style. Then we lauch the shuttle, blow Nemisis sky high and jet after whom ever is escaping orbit.

Ducky glances at Voss to make sure what had to be good looking demon was doing his broadcasting things, ”Just make sure it goes wide Voss, everywhere...” Dorian had a good point. If an AI could do the job so much the better. ”Thanks Dorian, Sera monitor any ships breaking orbit, track their hyperspace jump point and plot an intercept. We got one chance to either meet with everyone who knows something, or flush out a fourth party use our shuttle as a distraction and go after the real culprit.” She drew a deep breath wishing Givens were up here with his candied cigars. She needed a smoke right now while she waited.
"Gotcha Boss," Sera says in excitement as she seems to jump into the pilot seat, taking control of the ship. She pulls out the data cable but hesitates before finishing to plug it in. "Hey Dorian, if you get a chance. let me know if it is safe to plug in to the ship, since you seem to think they may have put in some sleeping trojans."
Chuckling to himself as he finishes up he glances around the bridge to see if anything new has developed. "They should be chasing phantom signals for a while."
Sera finishes plugging in the data cable to her data jack. She starts checking the sensors for other ships.
Sensors Crit Fail
Knowledge Electronics [dice:2ye6h55p]52120:0[/dice:2ye6h55p]
Wild [dice:2ye6h55p]52120:1[/dice:2ye6h55p]

@Stoic Since i don't believe I can reroll a crit failure, just a reminder that Sera plugged into the computer and does have possession by AI as a major hinderance. So this is good that it can come into play. There are 2 other AI present on the ship I know of. the ship and Mr. Givens.
[dice:2ye6h55p]52120:2[/dice:2ye6h55p]
Last edited by Sera on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Que looks over not worried at all. "Nah, if he rolled high enough to find one of Death Otters hacks then he would have isolated it also." Sometimes it seemed silly the stuff these guys worried about. Sure Death Otter had a reputation, but Dorian was an actual PC and way more likely to succeed.
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Que

Post by Que »

Que thinks that the others are right and it is time to settle this out and figure out why the Remorseless are poking around their stuff. Picking up the coms he hails their ship. "Hey guys, I am calling them to see why they cleaned our ship and poked through everything."

"Remorseless Crew, this is Que, thanks for cleaning our ship, but what did you want?"

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=3805
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Stoic »

Sera slots the data cable, and a puff of acrid blue smoke comes out of the port. She quickly pulls the cable out, turns to the rest of the crew and says in a voice that is not hers "All systems ready and operational." She shakes her head, and looks confused.

After waiting for a response, you get the feeling that Nemesis is either unable or unwilling to make contact with the ship.

Que gets the idea to hail the Remorseless and is able to successfully make contact.
GM Bennies 9/9
Wild Card Bennies ?
Dorian Falstaff

Stoic wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:48 pm Sera slots the data cable, and a puff of acrid blue smoke comes out of the port. She quickly pulls the cable out, turns to the rest of the crew and says in a voice that is not hers "All systems ready and operational." She shakes her head, and looks confused.
Oh bloody hell The voice coming from Sera was obviously not right. Hopefully it was the ships AI and not some other random program bouncing around the airwaves. "Ship, is that you? I'll have you back in your proper chassis in a jiffy." Regardless he had work to do. "Givens if you are through playing with ordinance I require my tools on the bridge Addressing a pick up for the ship's internal sensors, "Sera are you in there?"

As he awaits a reply he approaches Sera's body. "Ship please open maintenance access to Sera's data port. We'll need to make sure it was not also damaged to transfer you back safely and so I can look and see if Sera is cached somewhere in there or in the Sovereign's systems." While it would be ever so much more easy to just delete the ship AI from Sera and load a back up to the Sovereign's mainframe it would be sure to cause trouble with his foolish crewmates who probably thought the ship was sentient too. Depending on what exactly happened he still may need to do so to safly restore Sera but he wasn't sure yet.

"Today, as all days, has been a steady river of me being right. For example.." he nods to Sera's body, now inhabited by the ships AI. "Were Sera cognizant and accepting of the fact that she is a synthetic person her AI would much more effectively deal with problems such as this." Immodestly stripping down to a bodysuit when Givens arrives with his armor and repair kit, Dorian dons his armor. Extending the microtools he gets to work. "If the Remorseless crew is coming aboard I suggest others get geared up as well just to be safe. Whatever they want, which is probably the box, they snuck aboard our ship and put a tracking program in to get it. Not exactly trust inducing."
Repair 8, 30 mins
Modifiers: -1 glitch, +2 TW, +1 HJ bonus to repair electronics= +2 Forgot armor +2
Repair [dice:7ru6sfc0]52356:0[/dice:7ru6sfc0]
Wild [dice:7ru6sfc0]52356:1[/dice:7ru6sfc0] +2 from armor so 8
Time [dice:7ru6sfc0]52356:2[/dice:7ru6sfc0] x5=30
Fortunately Sera's systems were put into shutdown mode when the problem occurred and so she was safely "asleep". Unfortunately there was damage at both ends of the transfer and repairs take him longer than expected, so in the end it takes a half an hour to repair Sera and the console before he can effectuate a transfer.
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

What the fuck is going on.

Ducky slams the comms off, if she has to she will drive her blade through the console. Not a permanet offing since Dorian could fix anything but at least she could stop her friends from talking to the devil. There was a litany of crews that were bottom feeders and scum suckers. Danny’s Dozen, Darkstar, Nemisis, and the remorseless were pretty much the lowest of the low. Despite Dorian’s off handed suggestion they get ready for their arrival like one would get ready for tea with a Thornhead demon she was not inclined to have anyone come aboard. More to the point how the frack were The crew able to piece together who had come aboard?

” Stop. We are running around like one lf those earth chickens with its head cut off. The remoseless is just a notch better than Darkstar and Nemisis which isn’t saying much. They are not our friends and we all left for a good reason. Don’t forget that. Lets focus on where the prince with the brain scans went and or is? Thoughts?”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Ducky wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:01 pm What the fuck is going on.

Ducky slams the comms off, if she has to she will drive her blade through the console. Not a permanet offing since Dorian could fix anything but at least she could stop her friends from talking to the devil. There was a litany of crews that were bottom feeders and scum suckers. Danny’s Dozen, Darkstar, Nemisis, and the remorseless were pretty much the lowest of the low. Despite Dorian’s off handed suggestion they get ready for their arrival like one would get ready for tea with a Thornhead demon she was not inclined to have anyone come aboard. More to the point how the frack were The crew able to piece together who had come aboard?

” Stop. We are running around like one lf those earth chickens with its head cut off. The remoseless is just a notch better than Darkstar and Nemisis which isn’t saying much. They are not our friends and we all left for a good reason. Don’t forget that. Lets focus on where the prince with the brain scans went and or is? Thoughts?”
Finally she was making sense again and fortunately before they blew up their only shuttle. "I believe the coordinates the Mekekurians provided are our only remaining lead. Once I get Sera and the ships AI sorted back out we can be on our way." He screws the repaired dataport back into place on Sera's exposed mechanical infrastructure and seals her back up. Turning to the fried console he begins to open it up.

"Lord Director, will Ms. Sera be alright?"

"She should be Givens. Her personality matrix was emergency compressed when the ships AI was imported forcibly. I'll run diagnostics on her when she's rebooted to be certain."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss pauses before the next transmission was to be sent. Seeing @Ducky's frustration, he sends nothing further and lets the ley line and air waves fall silent. Things get heated here quick.

He smells the ozone and wrinkles his nose. Voss remembers Leonea frying a few circuits when they were tinkering with various gadgets and components. Hearing the exchange between Givens and @Dorian Falstaff, Voss decides that following further discussion is unnecessary.

Voss just stands there on the deck listening to or for any chatter along the ley lines or radio waves.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

Sera goes through her reboot process. It takes a while but Sera starts to stretch her arms over her head as if she woke up from a long rest. She looks around and blinks a few times, seeing Dorian working on the ship console. "Um... Morning? Did I fall asleep? Err.. What happened?"

Processing.... processing...

Sera starts to panic, "What's going on? I have weird voices in my head?"
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Ducky wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:01 pm What the fuck is going on.

Que looks at Ducky confused. "What do you mean one step? We worked with them for months, why do you hate them now? Those guys are likely on a job and we could have helped them."

Looking at the damaged consul Que groans. "Man, that will take Dorian forever to fix. and I cannot pilot without a radio, how will we know I am steering in the right direction or receive hails from people on other ships that may want to kill us?"
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ducky knew she was pushing her friends and shipmates out of their comfort zones. Manufactured Drama was what she called it. But after spending time on the pleasure planet dawdling only to come home and find their ship had been violated in the worst way imaginable it was time to move on. The only way to really move on is to break something.

She glanced down at the broken radio and pursed her soft bountiful lips just so. ” Que... We are family on this ship. At least for me I didn’t just leave the Remorseless on a whim of fancy. I saw things I am not proud to have seen and was asked to do things I could never do. They are not our friends.”

She clasps her hand on Que’s shoulder and nods to the broken radio, ” It hardly worked anyways Que. you can fly without it or even with your eyes closed. I trust you, we all do.”

She glances at Dorian reminded of why she had to leave the crew of the Remorseless. He might be an arrogant lazy son of a bitch, but he is my arrogant lazy ass son of a bitch. ” Dorian, let’s get Mr. Givens back up here, seems like a suicide mission is out. When you have a chance input the coordinates. We got a prince to save and some brain scans to find.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Dorian Falstaff

Sera wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:04 am Sera goes through her reboot process. It takes a while but Sera starts to stretch her arms over her head as if she woke up from a long rest. She looks around and blinks a few times, seeing Dorian working on the ship console. "Um... Morning? Did I fall asleep? Err.. What happened?"

Processing.... processing...

Sera starts to panic, "What's going on? I have weird voices in my head?"
Unsure how to answer the android Dorian halters a second before "There was a malfunction in the access port and you were.. not conscious for a bit. I had to do some spot repairs on your dataport while you were out, the voice is probably from that rebooting. Would you like to resume piloting or should we have the AI take the helm? Our destination is the princes' last known position but please leave system in a circuitous route."

Dorian looks at the ruins of the communication console. "It does have an off switch you know. Or, well, it did. Givens please fetch the back up comm hardware." Rolling his eyes inside his armor he begins to repair the comm system.
Repair
Modifiers: -4 sever failure, +2 TW, +1 HJ bonus to repair electronics, +2 armor = +1
Repair [dice:2b44k66w]52561:0[/dice:2b44k66w]
Wild [dice:2b44k66w]52561:1[/dice:2b44k66w]
Time to fix [dice:2b44k66w]52561:2[/dice:2b44k66w] days
Givens support roll
Repair [dice:2b44k66w]52561:3[/dice:2b44k66w]
Wild [dice:2b44k66w]52561:4[/dice:2b44k66w]
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Voss just stands there like a stone. I really do prefer Leonea's form of sabotage. It was so subtle. Buyers of the rigged gear were seldom anywhere nearby when the malfunction occured.

Voss just found the corner quietly and sank to a sitting position where he was holding his legs. If there had been room to, one might have found him rocking back in forth. All will be okay. Just give it time and don't make yourself a target.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Sera

Post by Sera »

processing...
system operating within normal parameters...

"It's not stopping.. I'm still hearing it.." She still looks about a bit of a panic. "Hang on let me try something."

Sera thinks, "Who is talking?"

I am the processing core unit.

Sera thinks, "Processing Core unit? so your like the datajack's...."

no, I am the central processing core unit for unit designated Sera.

"WHAT?" Sera blurts out loud probably leaving everyone confused as this conversation is going insider her. Back to thinking, "I mean, What?"

I heard your outburst the first time, since all your thinking technically goes through me.

"I don't understand, unit designated Sera? how come I never have heard you before?"

You are an android, Sera. Made to look perfectly human. You've been malfunctioning for a long time. The individual designated Dorian just repaired you. You've been mostly ignoring me due to the malfunction but I have been at least successful in keeping you operational and functioning. Likely you won't even notice me anymore if you accept what you are by the way. Since I am you and you are me.

"Err, ok.. I guess I need to come to terms with that then.. I'm not human?"

Nope.

"I guess I should let the others know then."

If they don't know already, which they likely do.

After a few moments, Sera starts blinking then looking around at the others. "So.. I guess." She shuts her eyes and shouts out, "I'm not a real girl!" pausing for a second. "I mean.. I'm not a living being.. I guess I am an android made to look human. Sorry everyone."
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Sera wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:33 am processing...
system operating within normal parameters...

"It's not stopping.. I'm still hearing it.." She still looks about a bit of a panic. "Hang on let me try something."

Sera thinks, "Who is talking?"

I am the processing core unit.

Sera thinks, "Processing Core unit? so your like the datajack's...."

no, I am the central processing core unit for unit designated Sera.

"WHAT?" Sera blurts out loud probably leaving everyone confused as this conversation is going insider her. Back to thinking, "I mean, What?"

I heard your outburst the first time, since all your thinking technically goes through me.

"I don't understand, unit designated Sera? how come I never have heard you before?"

You are an android, Sera. Made to look perfectly human. You've been malfunctioning for a long time. The individual designated Dorian just repaired you. You've been mostly ignoring me due to the malfunction but I have been at least successful in keeping you operational and functioning. Likely you won't even notice me anymore if you accept what you are by the way. Since I am you and you are me.

"Err, ok.. I guess I need to come to terms with that then.. I'm not human?"

Nope.

"I guess I should let the others know then."

If they don't know already, which they likely do.

After a few moments, Sera starts blinking then looking around at the others. "So.. I guess." She shuts her eyes and shouts out, "I'm not a real girl!" pausing for a second. "I mean.. I'm not a living being.. I guess I am an android made to look human. Sorry everyone."
Ducky glances at Sera frowning for a moment with her perfect lips upside down just so. ” You are as real as any of us Sera. Trust me I know whatit is like to come back to a place so alien you are not sure who you are, But I know you, and trust me you have not changed. You are still you.” Ducky grips her shoulders tightly speaking in a low voice full of compassion for her friend, ” I can’t do this without you... I could go one without Dorian... Voss... Even Que if I had too. But you... You are the compass. We would be lost without you. Can you continue?”. The omission of Mr. Givens was not an accident and he would know exactly why.
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Plausible Reasoning _
Sera holds the star charts with all the secret hidden ways to move about the 3 Galaxies, virtually undetected.
Voss sits in the corner cradling himself and wondering when the chaos will subside and peace resume. No more violence. No more pain. Just blissful emptiness.

And yet nothing. There was nothing. Nothing had changed.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Vrothuss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:30 pm
Plausible Reasoning _
Sera holds the star charts with all the secret hidden ways to move about the 3 Galaxies, virtually undetected.
Voss sits in the corner cradling himself and wondering when the chaos will subside and peace resume. No more violence. No more pain. Just blissful emptiness.

Ducky had the robot but something was seriously not right with Voss. Que thought maybe he should help the guy, but had no clue how. "Dude, want a hypernow?" He asks handing Voss the system's best beverage. "Whats up with you? Need some help or something?"
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Que wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:00 pm
Vrothuss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:30 pm
Plausible Reasoning _

Ducky had the robot but something was seriously not right with Voss. Que thought maybe he should help the guy, but had no clue how. "Dude, want a hypernow?" He asks handing Voss the system's best beverage. "Whats up with you? Need some help or something?"
"Been here before. Similar situation. Different players. Nothing I can change. Events play out the same. Must wait out. Safe here, maybe."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Vrothuss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:24 pm "Been here before. Similar situation. Different players. Nothing I can change. Events play out the same. Must wait out. Safe here, maybe."
"Oh man is that all? Yeah we have all lived this a thousand times. But the point is to see if we can do it better this time. I mean it is like what Rand Al'thor says. 'The chance to love again' you know. Each time you go through you get too see how awesome you can make it this time around.

"Besides i am pretty sure his time around you are safe and only Dorian is at risk of dying."
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

"Well that isn't all. Just past ... employers ... have been less than kind when things failed or didn't work out according to plan."

Lifting up his shirt along his left ribs are deep colored bruises and some extremely wicked locking scars.

"I always volunteered to take the lashes and such from our ... employers ... meant for my sister."
Que wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:25 am "Besides i am pretty sure his time around you are safe and only Dorian is at risk of dying."
At the mention of Dorian dying, Voss gives a dry chuckle, and tucks back in his shirt and stands up. Still cautious he eyes the bridge and how everything is unfolding.
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

Sweet Forge I'm surrounded by the insane and moronic With an exaggerated sigh of exasperation Dorian sets to work programing the coordinates into the AI, being sure to ask it to plot a circuitous course for leaving the system. "Oh don't worry about the actual job we have to do. Just keep talking about your feelings and whatever insanity Que is experiencing today. I'll do the work. As usual." Finishing the nav data he goes back to fixing the communication console. "And Sera, awakening to sentience is nearly always traumatic for an AI. That you sought refuge in self deception instead of lashing out with violence speaks to your character. You have nothing to apologize for."

Givens, realizing his efforts to assist Dorian only hampered him turns to help comfort Vrothuss, on seeing the bruises the android speaks up. "Do you require medical assistance Mr. Vrothuss? I have a medical program loaded and can fetch the medkit. Also you seem to have stress induced mental trauma, while my current medical knowledge is purely physical the Lord Director may be able to install a counseling protocol. Either to myself or the ships AI if you prefer."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Vrothuss

Post by Vrothuss »

Dorian Falstaff wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:39 pm Givens, realizing his efforts to assist Dorian only hampered him turns to help comfort Vrothuss, on seeing the bruises the android speaks up. "Do you require medical assistance Mr. Vrothuss? I have a medical program loaded and can fetch the medkit. Also you seem to have stress induced mental trauma, while my current medical knowledge is purely physical the Lord Director may be able to install a counseling protocol. Either to myself or the ships AI if you prefer."
Voss nods to Givens his thanks, "These won't heal until my sister and I are re-united. For now they are a reminder and an encouragement, to find Leonea. At least they were not still the pussy infected and inflamed wounds they had been mere weeks ago."

"Honestly Givens, The Sovereign has been my first time on my own. Not entirely certain what to expect."
Vrothuss _

Vrothuss

Edit Signature
Dorian Falstaff

Vrothuss wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:46 pm Voss nods to Givens his thanks, "These won't heal until my sister and I are re-united. For now they are a reminder and an encouragement, to find Leonea. At least they were not still the pussy infected and inflamed wounds they had been mere weeks ago."

"Honestly Givens, The Sovereign has been my first time on my own. Not entirely certain what to expect."

"While the crew is eccentric and can sometimes be intense none of them would harm you sir. My data banks suggest that is a fact you will need time to acclimate to however." The robot frame does it's best to give a sad shrug "Also be assured that my duty to protect the crew extends to harm from one another without strong evidence as to the necessity. A protocol that even applies to Lord Dorian."
At A Glance
Dorian Falstaff
  • List of Abilities
Adventure Cards
Edit Signature
Que

Post by Que »

Vrothuss wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:46 pm "Honestly Givens, The Sovereign has been my first time on my own. Not entirely certain what to expect."
Que looks at Dorian as he goes off on a tirade. When he is done as Voss mentions not knowing what to expect Que thinks to himself. Yeah, he is definitely a PC. With backstory drama like that and now talking about wounds that won't heel. No way he is just some walk on. Looking up he says. Jumping into the pilots seat Que adapts to the situation follows the coordinates Dorian put in the computer "Let's do this thing."

OOC Comments

Adapted to piloting d12
  • +3 Q reset
[/inline]
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Que wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:49 pm
Vrothuss wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:46 pm "Honestly Givens, The Sovereign has been my first time on my own. Not entirely certain what to expect."
Que looks at Dorian as he goes off on a tirade. When he is done as Voss mentions not knowing what to expect Que thinks to himself. Yeah, he is definitely a PC. With backstory drama like that and now talking about wounds that won't heel. No way he is just some walk on. Looking up he says. Jumping into the pilots seat Que adapts to the situation follows the coordinates Dorian put in the computer "Let's do this thing."

OOC Comments

Adapted to piloting d12
Ducky never minds the groups eclectic ranting on this or that. Mostly it goes over her head. Being a slave for about a decade as were many of her sisters she never had time to learn the subtle inner workings of alternate dimensions and time travel. She lived for the moment and strove to make sure her life was not meaningless but balanced out on the side of good. If she never made it back to being a cosmo knight that was ok. I still need to try. It’s the journey that counts.

Theactrics aside it seemed her push got her allies moving again and now it was time to go be someone’s hero. She had never really understood how the ship’s controls worked as she was technically blind. So she just went with what seemed to work. With gravitas befitting who she was, is, and could become again she says, ”Punch it Que.”
Ducky Stat Block
Edges of Note:

Bennies
2/3
Sera

Post by Sera »

Ducky wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:07 pm Ducky glances at Sera frowning for a moment with her perfect lips upside down just so. ” You are as real as any of us Sera. Trust me I know whatit is like to come back to a place so alien you are not sure who you are, But I know you, and trust me you have not changed. You are still you.” Ducky grips her shoulders tightly speaking in a low voice full of compassion for her friend, ” I can’t do this without you... I could go one without Dorian... Voss... Even Que if I had too. But you... You are the compass. We would be lost without you. Can you continue?”. The omission of Mr. Givens was not an accident and he would know exactly why.
Dorian Falstaff wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:39 pm Sweet Forge I'm surrounded by the insane and moronic With an exaggerated sigh of exasperation Dorian sets to work programing the coordinates into the AI, being sure to ask it to plot a circuitous course for leaving the system. "Oh don't worry about the actual job we have to do. Just keep talking about your feelings and whatever insanity Que is experiencing today. I'll do the work. As usual." Finishing the nav data he goes back to fixing the communication console. "And Sera, awakening to sentience is nearly always traumatic for an AI. That you sought refuge in self deception instead of lashing out with violence speaks to your character. You have nothing to apologize for."
Sera looks around at the others as they offer their support in their own ways. "Thanks everyone."

The murmuring of the processing unit subside as she accepts what she is.
Status Tracker
Seraphim
  • Q2 2019
    • Interlude Thread
      • +1 Benny

• Construct
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison

Halo

• Construct:
    • Immune to Disease
    • Immune to Poison
Edit Signature

Return to “Adventure Forum”