Multi-Assault TK Automatic Rifle
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure, and Techno-Wizards are famous for making the latter from the former.
- Type of Item: CP-50 “Dragonfire” Laser Rifle.
- Range: 30/60/120
Armor Piercing: 2
Weight: 10 lbs
Notes: Min Str d6, 3RB. Integrated grenade launcher (20/40/80, 12 shots, damage by grenade type) and scope with night vision and laser targeting (offset two points of range and/or darkness penalties).
- Range: 30/60/120
- Upgrades (2 Minor, 4 Major): Trapping: shaped and hardened telekinetic bolts do +2 AP but add +1 to PP reload cost and cause rounds to be treated as ballistics (reskin of Electricity: AP trapping); +5 PPE; drain power points (activated by Shooting); confusion (activated by Shooting); +2 die types to Shooting.
- PPE: Costs 6 PPE to reload for 60 shots; 5 PPE built in.
- Trait: Shooting.
- Description: One of Anon’s personal projects, this started out as the remains of an ancient M4 carbine he found in his Techno-Wizard guild’s storeroom (Techno-Wizards are notorious packrats). Anon thought the weapon looked cool and patched up the body, eventually turning it into a TK assault rifle to pass one of the milestone exams for his apprenticeship. He kept the weapon and added to it over the years, imbuing it with a magical “target lock” feature and spells that allowed for its rounds to make mid air adjustments for greater accuracy. He also added a bit of extra potency to better punch through armor and he repaired the scope and grenade launcher from the original weapon body.
With all of that, he had himself a fine rifle, but he was not entirely content. He had read the field reports on his guild’s weapons, and while they performed admirably, he noted that some customers wanted a weapon with more support versatility. It’s all well and good to shoot holes in your opponent, but if that opponent happens to be a juicer (or other foe who can shrug off or regenerate from wounds), you can get in real trouble real fast. So Anon developed the TK Brain Breaker round, a simple application of magic that very temporarily makes targets forget where they are and what they are doing. Targets of the Brain Breaker will frequently break off attacks entirely or stand still on the battlefield for the briefest of moments to gather their thoughts, giving shooters a great opportunity to put them down while they are distracted. Field tests were wildly successful, but the guild ultimately decided the rifle wasn’t cost effective for mass production (though it does now include the Brain Breaker feature as an option in its custom catalogue).
Figuring he might as well go for broke (literally: even getting the parts for free from surplus at the shop, second hand, or at wholesale, the next feature was pricey), he convinced his floor boss to help him embed the ability to drain the PPE or ISP of arcane opponents on a successful hit with the rifle, giving it even more versatility. Though this was also a successful endeavor, the guild opted not offer Anon’s PPE draining feature in its catalogue for fear of offending its clientele in Stormspire.
- Cost: As built, 50,000 (CP-50) + 5,000 (TW conversion) + 10,000 (2 minor Upgrades) + 20,000 (2 die types to Shooting) + 100,000 (confusion, activated by Shooting) + 400,000 (drain power points, activated by Shooting) = 585,000 credits.