Armor of the Sun Jaguar

A place for feedback on created items for in game use.
Imperator

Armor of the Sun Jaguar

Post by Imperator »

Kinich Ahau looked down on creation, saw the blight of the vampire and demons infesting the earth and despaired that his holy light did shine but half the day. At night, when he was forced to travel the underworld, they were free to spread death and corruption. He knew the various jaguar people fought valiantly to stem the tide but often lacked the tools to easily end such foes. So he sent a vision to the priest-smiths of the tribes showing them the blessings and preparations to so enhance the armors of the cat people to better end their hated foes.
Xiang.jpg
Stats
  • Protection: +9 armor, +2 toughness
  • Min strength: d6
  • Weight: 12lbs
  • Value: 70,000 credits
  • Notes: Wearer may cast the Smite power with Sunlight trapping if they have PP. For an addition PP the trapping is replaced with celestial silver.
The technical stuff
Base Item, Medium Enchanted Armor Cost: 15,000 credits
Minor Mod: +2 armor Cost: 5,000 credits
Minor Mod: +2 armor Cost: 5,000 credits
Major Mod: Other Power Modifier: May replace sunlight with celestial silver trapping on Smite power for +1 PP. Power costs +1 PP to activate. Cost: 25,000 credits (???)
Major Mod: Power Smite with Sunlight trapping Cost: 20,000 credits
GM bennies

Characters Imperator (GM account)Action Stan, Antipas, Xiang,
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: Armor of the Sun Jaguar

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Changing the trapping of something to something else seems more of a major mod in swade. I think power mods are a major mod in swade... even though changing a trapping is not an available power mod, I would still put it in that category.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Koshnek »

Maybe add it as a power modifier? For +1? PPE the armors smite power can be activated with a holy trapping instead of a sunlight trapping.

New Power or a new trapping to an existing power is half of an edge.

But in this case, a new power is worth a full major mod.

Adding a minor trapping which gives a new trapping is worth half an edge, which is about right for a minor mod, but as already established a power is worth a full edge.

But you’re not getting a new power, just a different mode of your existing power.

So that’s my wiggle-room suggestion: add it as a power modifier. You’re getting half an edges worth of effect for a minor mod, but at an increased activation cost so as not to step on the toes of adding a power major mod.
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5
Imperator

Post by Imperator »

Koshnek wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:26 pm Maybe add it as a power modifier? For +1? PPE the armors smite power can be activated with a holy trapping instead of a sunlight trapping.

New Power or a new trapping to an existing power is half of an edge.

But in this case, a new power is worth a full major mod.

Adding a minor trapping which gives a new trapping is worth half an edge, which is about right for a minor mod, but as already established a power is worth a full edge.

But you’re not getting a new power, just a different mode of your existing power.

So that’s my wiggle-room suggestion: add it as a power modifier. You’re getting half an edges worth of effect for a minor mod, but at an increased activation cost so as not to step on the toes of adding a power major mod.
Yup, that's what Jon and I thought in a PM convo
GM bennies

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Major mod: Add a power modifier available to the creator to a device power. Increase the activate cost accordingly* (Cost: 20,000 credits).
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Sure, go with it.
(Totally do not think a trapping is a major mod. But if that is the feeling of the majority, let it ride, rather than hang up over it.)
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Koshnek »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:29 pm Major mod: Add a power modifier available to the creator to a device power. Increase the activate cost accordingly* (Cost: 20,000 credits).
This is straight from TLPG, so it looks like it would be a major. Man, they’re being brutal to TW’s lol.
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Koshnek wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:29 pm Major mod: Add a power modifier available to the creator to a device power. Increase the activate cost accordingly* (Cost: 20,000 credits).
This is straight from TLPG.
Yes.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Koshnek »

So, I guess the question is, how much would a selectable trapping be worth as a power modifier? For Wizard it’s 1 PP, and I would be fine with that. (Especially being it’s a whole damn Major Mod slot!)
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5
Imperator

Post by Imperator »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:40 pm
Koshnek wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
This is straight from TLPG.
Yes.
Koshnek wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:43 pm So, I guess the question is, how much would a selectable trapping be worth as a power modifier? For Wizard it’s 1 PP, and I would be fine with that. (Especially being it’s a whole damn Major Mod slot!)
Edited. Hows that look?
GM bennies

Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Koshnek »

I would give it my seal of approval.
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

base Item!! I would wonder if that is really appropriate as a base item for enchanting? Presumably it has already been enchanted.

Maybe snag something out of SWADE core?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Imperator

Post by Imperator »

I figured when they enchanted it they did the whole enchilada. Its stats are pretty much huntsman armor.
GM bennies

Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Imperator wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:08 pm I figured when they enchanted it they did the whole enchilada. Its stats are pretty much huntsman armor.
How many mods does the existing enchanted armor start with?
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Imperator

Post by Imperator »

Pender Lumkiss wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:51 pm
Imperator wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:08 pm I figured when they enchanted it they did the whole enchilada. Its stats are pretty much huntsman armor.
How many mods does the existing enchanted armor start with?
Those dont look like they were built like that. More like "magic" versions of some of the base armors, ie faux tech. While a little cheaper and lighter, that's countered by not being alteravle after market.
GM bennies

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Per the final* version of our SWADE-ified Item Creation rules, Enchanted Armor is an appropriate option for a base item.

* meaning, how the rules looked when everyone stopped fighting/posting and generally appeared able to live with it.
GM Bennies: 7/7
Imperator

Post by Imperator »

Tribe of One wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:46 pm Per the final* version of our SWADE-ified Item Creation rules, Enchanted Armor is an appropriate option for a base item.

* meaning, how the rules looked when everyone stopped fighting/posting and generally appeared able to live with it.
Is that an approval? If so Just Need @Stoic
GM bennies

Tribe of One

Post by Tribe of One »

Yeah, looks good to me.
GM Bennies: 7/7
Stoic
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron