TW Lessor Ring of the Elder (Sig Item for Tex Arcana)

A place for feedback on created items for in game use.
Tex Arcana

TW Lessor Ring of the Elder (Sig Item for Tex Arcana)

Post by Tex Arcana »

TW Lessor Ring of the Elder
• Base Item: Gantrium Ring (100,000)
• Major: Channeling (25,000)
• Major: Concentration (25,000)
• Major: +1d Spellcasting (10,000)
• Minor: +2 Spellcasting (10,000)
• Minor: 5 P.P.E. (5,000)
• Cost: 175,000 credits

Tolkeen Technowizards labored continuously in their attempts to duplicate the abilities of the 9 Rings of the Elder during the war with the Coalition Sates. None of the items created were total successes compared these legendary objects, most were failures. However, a handful of flawed versions were created. Like the original rings, most have disappeared since the fall of Tolkeen, their current owners unaware of the ring's true value.
Pender Lumkiss
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Re: TW Lessor Ring of the Elder (Sig Item for Tex Arcana)

Post by Pender Lumkiss »

Neat item. Love it!

I would not allow +1 to spell casting or +1 die type to spell casting applied straight up to the ring. The base item being a ring, that sounds like more of persuasion bonus deal.

I would probably allow it in my own game if the spell casting was limited so it was more appropriate to the item. Maybe +1 spell casting to boost persuasion. I might be talked into +1 spell casting for another power, maybe disguse or illusion. Or if the ring has a bolt power, that bolt power.

I would need to take a look at the two edges the ring has, but maybe a bonus to spell casting when both those edges trigger.

Anyways, I am not the GM for the game just chiming in with my pathetic two cents.
Field Team Six Bennies
3/6
Venatus Vinco
Bronze Patron
Bronze Patron

Post by Venatus Vinco »

Per hangouts, I like this as an enchanted item instead. I know you lose a major but that feels right for this item.

EDIT: That also deals with Pender's feedback above. +1 spellcasting for a ring makes perfect sense since spellcasting requires hand gestures.

VV
Signature
Didn't have a signature but wanted the 1 EP for using OOC tags!
Tex Arcana

Post by Tex Arcana »

Downgrading to an enchanted item

Lessor Ring of the Elder (Enchanted Item)
• Base Item: Gantrium Ring (100,000)
• Major: Channeling (25,000+10,000)
• Major: Concentration (25,000+10,000)
• Minor: +1 Spellcasting (10,000+5,000)
• Minor: 5 P.P.E. 10,000+5,000)
• Cost: 200,000 credits

Tolkeen Technowizards and Alchemists labored continuously in their attempts to duplicate the abilities of the 9 Rings of the Elder during the war with the Coalition Sates. None of the items created were total successes compared to these legendary objects, most were failures. However, a handful of flawed versions were created. Like the original rings, most have disappeared since the fall of Tolkeen, their current owners unaware of the ring's true value.

Return to “Item Creation”