Heavy Fairy Enchanted Armor

A place for feedback on created items for in game use.
Tiny Tim

Heavy Fairy Enchanted Armor

Post by Tiny Tim »

For Ara's Signature Item

Fairy Heavy Enchanted Armor
  • Crafted by the fey folk from ironwood and then Enchanted for their fiercest warriors, this armor is designed for freedom of movement and to allow the use of their wings.
  • Base Item: Heavy Enchanted Armor
    • +6 Armor and +3 Toughness with Min Str d8.
      16 lb
      Rarity –2.
    Upgrades
    • Minor: +2 Armor (10k)
      Minor: +2 Armor (10k)
      Major: Edge: Brawny (50k)
      Major: Soldier (50k)
Result: +10 Armor, +4 Toughness. Treat Strength as if 2 higher for Encumbrance and Strength Minimums. Free reroll on Vigor rolls made to survive environmental hazards. 310,000 Credits, Rarity -4.
Tiny Tim
Main: Tiny Tim
Alts
Active: Growler, Tony Vreski
Retired: Merlaggon, Hans Greuber
ISP: 40/40
PPE: 10/10
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.
Toughness: 34 (18) in Dragon Form, 20 (10) in Human Form
Parry: 5

Wounds: 0
Fatigue: 0

Size: Normal
  • +3 in Dragon Form, -1 in Human Form
Claws: 3d4 AP3 MDC
Combat Feats and Other Notes:
  • Dragon Form
    • Nimble (From Dragon Celerity)
  • Human Form
    • +2 Notice, Alertness, Danger Sense, Sixth Sense
Active Powers:
None

Bennies: 3/3
  • Base Amount
    -2 due Rerolls on Out of Control from
    -1 to Reroll Stealth from Onward and Westward first Dangerous Quick Encounter
    +1 Bennie due EP, Spent for 5 ISP against Dark Fairy Zombies.
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Re: Heavy Fairy Enchanted Armor

Post by Ndreare »

Looks good from a normal point of view, but this is a high risk item for a fey creature. I am thinking you will be subject to Dispel on occasion and one greater Dispel will leave you with virtually no armor, and greatly incumbered.
This happened in my phase world game where an enemy put down a few AOE dispels and two of the players where wearing armor that needed its enchantment for use. (As a GM I did not even think about that, he was just trying to eliminate all the protection and boost spells)

If you are okay with that risk I would approve this build.

PS: As an FYI, as I recall the armor and toughness drop by half without the magic.
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Tiny Tim

Post by Tiny Tim »

Thanks for the warning, but Ara is more a support and information source than a combat threat. He can fly around without Powers and is very stealthy. He won't be near the others, and if someone wants to waste their actions on decreasing his combat effectiveness, they will be ignoring some nasty combat monsters to do so.

Besides, Ara is a little tougher than he looks at 8(2) Toughness naked and immune to called shots... and that is at Size -2.

He does have a decent mook killing weapon (Twin Linked TW storm rifle I believe), but is a pretty ineffective against the Big Nasty...
Tiny Tim
Alts
Pace: 12 (d12) in Dragon Form, 10 (d10) in Human Form. Usually Ignores Difficult Terrain.

• Dragon Form
  • Human Form
Active Powers:
None

• Base Amount
Ndreare
Savage Siri

Post by Ndreare »

Tiny Tim wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:30 am He does have a decent mook killing weapon (Twin Linked TW storm rifle I believe), but is a pretty ineffective against the Big Nasty...
The visual on this reminds me of the Robotech art I loved growing up. Those linked rifles would still be the same size as RAW. So he would look like the SDF1 or an anime character with weapons as big as he is.
shoulder cannons.jpg
  • 2D6 EFFECT
    2 Catastrophe: Something goes terribly wrong. The GM must decide what, but some ideas are a new and permanent Minor Hindrance, the inability to use powers for several days, or an explosion of some sort. The backlash should be thematic if possible. If the hero tampers with dark forces for his abilities, for example, he might become corrupted or summon something sinister into the world. If he’s a weird scientist the device might explode for 3d6 damage in a Medium Blast Template, or he might develop a Quirk, Phobia, or other “madness.”

3 Backfire: The power succeeds as with a raise but affects a different target with the worst possible results. A bolt hits a random friend, boost Trait increases an enemy’s skill or attribute, etc. If there’s no likely target, he’s Stunned instead. If the power has a Duration other than Instant, it lasts its full term and can only be negated by dispel (the caster can’t voluntarily end it herself).

4–5 Short Circuit: The power fails but the Power Points allocated to it are spent, along with an additional 1d6 Power Points.

6–8 Stunned: The caster is Stunned (see page 106). She subtracts 2 from arcane skill rolls for the rest of the encounter (the penalty remains –2 even if she gets this result again).

9–10 Overload: The character’s synapses crackle and overload with power. He takes 2d6 damage plus the cost of the power in Power Points, including any Power Modifiers the player declared.

11 Fatigue: The character suffers Fatigue.

12 Overcharge: The power draws ambient energy from the air, automatically succeeding against the target with a raise and costing the caster no Power Points!

1 = 2 of Clubs
2 = 2 of Diamonds
3 = 2 of Hearts
4 = 2 of Spades
5 = 3 of Clubs
6 = 3 of Diamonds
7 = 3 of Hearts
8 = 3 of Spades
9 = 4 of Clubs
10 = 4 of Diamonds
11 = 4 of Hearts
12 = 4 of Spades
13 = 5 of Clubs
14 = 5 of Diamonds
15 = 5 of Hearts
16 = 5 of Spades
- reroll line for quickness & activation for Calculating -
17 = 6 of Clubs
18 = 6 of Diamonds
19 = 6 of Hearts
20 = 6 of Spades
21 = 7 of Clubs
22 = 7 of Diamonds
23 = 7 of Hearts
24 = 7 of Spades
25 = 8 of Clubs
26 = 8 of Diamonds
27 = 8 of Hearts
28 = 8 of Spades
- reroll line for Hyperion Juicer -
29 = 9 of Clubs
30 = 9 of Diamonds
31 = 9 of Hearts
32 = 9 of Spades
33 = 10 of Clubs
34 = 10 of Diamonds
35 = 10 of Hearts
36 = 10 of Spades
37 = J of Clubs
38 = J of Diamonds
39 = J of Hearts
40 = J of Spades
41 = Q of Clubs
42 = Q of Diamonds
43 = Q of Hearts
44 = Q of Spades
45 = K of Clubs
46 = K of Diamonds
47 = K of Hearts
48 = K of Spades
49 = A of Clubs
50 = A of Diamonds
51 = A of Hearts
52 = A of Spades
53 = Jokers = They are equal
54 = Jokers = They are equal
- If no reroll is being used then there are 2 extra jokers -
55 = Jokers = They are equal
56 = Jokers = They are equal
and of course update your signatures!
"Possible and practical are two comrades who rarely see eye to eye."
Rob Towell
Tiny Tim

Post by Tiny Tim »

Ndreare wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:12 pm
Tiny Tim wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:30 am He does have a decent mook killing weapon (Twin Linked TW storm rifle I believe), but is a pretty ineffective against the Big Nasty...
The visual on this reminds me of the Robotech art I loved growing up. Those linked rifles would still be the same size as RAW. So he would look like the SDF1 or an anime character with weapons as big as he is.

shoulder cannons.jpg
They are internally mounted... so I was thinking when he uses them... the pair are extruded from his right (main) arm. I could see them then being longer than he is tall, but somehow they can be hidden inside of him... it is due to MAGIC!!! lol
Tiny Tim
Alts

• Dragon Form
  • Human Form
Active Powers:
None

• Base Amount
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Koshnek »

I don't see anything wrong with the build itself (other than no one takes advantage of the free trapping all TW/Magic items come with!). Rob does bring up a valid cautionary point, however, and I have my own. +4 Armor is a drop in the bucket against anything other than ion weapons and low end lasers. It could help, but its more likely not to. Is there any other minor that interests you? +4 armor is better than nothing, but those mods could possibly be used in a different way.
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5
Tiny Tim

Post by Tiny Tim »

Ara has 4 natural Armor, and then you add the armor's base 6 Armor... then the +4 armor from the 2 Minor Upgrades, that is 14 Armor... a decent amount to have to use for AP. This will bring him up to 24 (14)
Tiny Tim
Alts

• Dragon Form
  • Human Form
Active Powers:
None

• Base Amount
Koshnek
Diamond Patron
Diamond Patron

Post by Koshnek »

Cool, if you like it that's all that matters! I have no issues with this build and feel confident approving it.
IZ3 GM Bennies 5/5

Return to “Item Creation”