Assassin's Beak

A place for feedback on created items for in game use.
Raven

Assassin's Beak

Post by Raven »

Edit: I've decided to play a different character, so unless this character becomes needed again, this item doesn't need to be worked on any longer.

Assassin's Beak
This beak mask has been handed down from master to apprentice for untold years. It is both a graduation gift and a legacy. The beaked assassins aren't well known, but those supernatural creatures who are the target of the beaked ones fear the mask. It's magically enchanted to allow the wearer to survive and thrive in any environment, and it is a necessary tool for an assassin who may have to travel through truly alien environments to dispatch his or her mark.
  • +4 Armor, +2 Toughness (Head)
  • Trapping: While wearing the mask, it causes its master's eye to emit an eerie blue-green glow.
  • Powers: environmental protection
  • Notes: EBA-compatible; Ignore Illumination penalties; +3 to sight-based notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +2 Shooting with calibrated weapons. Includes hands-free radio (10-mi range) and voice distorter. Increases Vigor by 1 step.
  • Weight: 5; Availability: -2
  • Cost: 85,500

Base Item: Multi-Optics Helmet (EBA-compatible, targetting sight, magnification, thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night optics. Ignore Illumination penalties, +2 to sight-based notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 Shooting with calibrated weapons. Includes hands-free radio (10-mi range) and megaphone voice-projection system. +4 Armor and +2 Toughness to head only, and can integrate into body armor helmets. (5 lbs, 25,500 credits)
Free Trapping: While wearing the mask, it causes its master's eye to emit an eerie blue glow.
Minor Mods: +1 to sight-based Notice checks or to offset Range penalties, and +1 to Shooting with calibrated weapons. [+20k]
Major Mods: Environmental Protection, +1 die step to Vigor [+60k]
Total Cost: Availability -2; Cost: 85,500

Edit: I altered the base item's voice-projection to be a voice distorter. I'm not sure if that's ok, but it's more fitting for the character.
Raven

Re: Assassin's Beak

Post by Raven »

I couldn't think of anything my character in @Pender Lumkiss's upcoming Mercy Six game might need. A weapon, definitely, but my other Signature Items have been weapons, so I was trying to go with something different. I thought maybe I could focus on the mask Raven wears.

Raven hides their identity, and the picture I found has glow-y eyes, so I thought to combine the two into a cool item. The character is a sneaky, thief-y, infiltrate-y assassin nega-psychic.
Imperator

Post by Imperator »

I think the notice/range bonus may have to just be notice or range penalty removal per RAW.

I'm ok with the shooting bonus on optics in general despite official ruling so I hope the caveat you've applied makes it acceptable to those with more strict feelings on that ruling.
GM bennies

Characters Imperator (GM account)Action Stan, Antipas, Xiang,
Raven

Post by Raven »

I am ok with whatever for the minor mods. Honestly, I just picked something that sounded appropriate to the item with the two minors. If they need to change, they can change.
Raven

Post by Raven »

If it would be easier, I could change it over to a TW item so that it would have 3 minor mods. I like magic items so I forget that TW is an option.

Return to “Item Creation”